Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

Giving Thanks: What are you thankful for?

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

I am thankful my son made it safely out of the war zone and is back at his station in Washington.

For the health we still have.

My family and best friend.

My friends I have made here and through GW.

That we have a home, to have shelter in. Which is mighty important in this economy!

That I can be thankful for the life I/we have.

FREEDOM!

Another year/season to enjoy all we have.

What about you?

:) Fran

Comments (12)

• auntnawnee
    15 years ago

I am thankful that my family is healthy and happy.
    I am thankful for anyone and everyone who has been kind to me.
    I am thankful each day that I have shelter,food and warm clothing.
    Also I am thankful for each and every seed that I sow and it provides me with food for the body and beauty for the eyes and soul.
    I am thankful for gardenweb,it has expanded my borders.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I am thankful for...
    ...my family, which gives me love and a foundation to stand upon
    ...my friends near and far, who provide me with companionship, love, laughter, and the occasional shoulder to lean on
    ...my job, which many people do not have anymore
    ...my lady, Paula, who showers me with love & understanding daily
    ...my country, in which I'm able to live with many freedoms the rest of the world does not have
    ...my health, which allows me to wake up every day
    ...my cat Jason, who taught me to love, care, and let go during his time with me
    ...my cat Bump, who provides me with warm fuzzies and laughter and so much more
    ...for the Garden Web, without which I wouldn't have met so many wonderful people
    ...the ability to garden, bringing beauty into the world for all to share
    ...and for everything else in my life, making my life a great one to have!

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Where should I start?
    I am so grateful for my family's health.
    I am grateful my amazing husband who doesn't get half the credit he deserves for so many of the things he does.
    I am grateful that someone else's child has elected to fight for my right to freedom, as my children get older, I am SO much more grateful for this.
    I am grateful for all the amazing people I have met here and elsewhere who have given me so much wisdom and love.
    Most of all, I'm grateful that the Lord sent His Son to die for my sins, which are plethora.

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

My daughter, home safe from Iraq, and the close relationship that we share.
    My relatively good health.
    I've a roof up above me, a good place to sleep, food on my table and shoes on my feet, the love of my Lord, and a fine family. Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me.
    I am also especially thankful for all my GW buddies, for all the info, caring and sharing that you do all year long. Y'all are the best!!

• suze62
    15 years ago

Most of all I am thankful that our Lord Jesus Christ died for all and that our heavenly home awaits us.
    My husband of 28 yrs, Great mom & mother-n-law, three daughters there husbands, 5 grandsons, 1 grandaughter..Our extended family, Our home its warm in the winter/cool in the summer. Pleanty of food,clothing, good health, jobs, Our wonderful cat "Blue Kitty".. Friends that I've made here on GW. Just to be able to say Thank you Lord :)
    Suzi

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

1. For my children, without whom I would not be the person I am today.For the lessons they have taught me, the main one being that I am strong enough to deal with anything that happens, because I have to for them because no one else will. Without them and that lesson, i would not be who I am, nor where I am.
    2. For my amazing new husband who is my best friend. This wonderful man who has taught me that life is about love and laughter, that no day should go by consumed by stress with no love and laughter to lighten it.
    3. For his awe inspiring family who accepted us into not only their lives, but their hearts and who are just as proud of my husband and children as I am.
    4. For the wonderful friends I've made on GW. You have all become so much more to me than just people I swap seeds with.
    5. For the fact that Cliff, the kids and I are all healthy, safe and happy. That we are able to work and have jobs to take care of our family.
    6. For all the men and women who don that uniform and separate from their families to make sure mine has the freedoms we do.
    7. For the families of those men and women, without each of you, they could not do what they do.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
    Kathy, Cliff and the bratlings

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Better late than never...
    I am thankful that my Husband has a job, and that all of my family have roofs over their heads and food on their tables.
    I am thankful that my children all love me and that we enjoy each others company still.
    I am thankful for my healthy, happy Grandkids(also thankful that I am an extremely young Gramma).
    I am Thankful for all of the small things that I take for granted every other day.
    I am Thankful for the friends I have on the Gardenweb...especially the ones I have made in the IE group.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Ditto the lateness... lol

I am thankful for the Lord, without my faith I would be lost.
    I am thankful for being blessed with a loving, strong Christian and amazing mother who is my bestest friend.
    I am thankful for my strong and loving husband, who helped me get back to being myself after a rough time in my life.
    I am thankful for 5 healthy children who remind me everyday that blessings come in small packages.
    I am thankful for the love I have all around me from Family and friends.
    I am thankful for the my husbands job, a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs and food on the table everyday.
    I am thankful for all the wonderful people I have met here at GW.
    I am thankful for all the sweet ladies I have befriended in the IE group. ((((HUGS))))
    I am thankful for the Freedom we have in this country, and the men and woman who help keep it that way.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA! We need it...

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

I am thankful for SO many things, but most of all, I am thankful to Jesus who gives me hope of heaven, and the blessings he has given me in...
    ...a wonderful husband (who tolerates my quirks and helps me so much in the garden, even though he isn't into gardening himself)
    ...my beautiful children (who make me laugh and wonder every day)
    ...all my extended family, including an ever-growing number of nieces and nephews (what fun!)
    ...a roof over our heads that just happens to have a kitchen garden taking shape out back (woohoo!)

And I can't forget to be thankful for social sites like GW on the internet, without which this WAHM would go nuts!

Lori

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Sorry, was out of town for the giving thanks day, but it's so important that I'm still giving thanks :)

I'm thankful for my family: Hubby and our wonderful little boy who brightens our every day.
    I'm thankful for hubby's job and a roof over our heads - (my prayers are for those seeking jobs and hope they can find them)
    I'm thankful for friends that I have found along the way and acquaintances from afar that are as close as friends including my GW friends.
    IÂm thankful for an outlet for trading GodÂs seed giftsÂand IÂm thankful to know that each and every one of you who plants a seed and awaits its growth canÂt help but believe.
    IÂm thankful for all the wonderful gifts that IÂve received from all of my GW friends.
    IÂm thankful to learn so much about gardening and the ability to survive off the land.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

This is great, don't want to see it get lost...

***BUMP***

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I'm thankful for my faith, prayer, and the ability to lift others up when they can't do it for themselves.
    I'm thankful that I am not in control, that I can count on others.
    I'm thankful for my family and their health. I'm thankful that I can come home each day to two great children, a husband whom I'm still in love with, and a happy house and garden.
    I'm thankful for my sister, brother, and friends.
    I'm thankful for my elderly grandmother, her wisdom, and her heritage.
    I'm thankful for Christmas, for Jesus - the reason for the season.
    I'm thankful that I have found friends at gw that I've really truly gotten to know better this year, the garden wisdom they pass along, and the fun of sharing flowers and seeds.
    I'm thankful to be healthy and have a job teaching children.
    Wow - there's so much to be thankful for! Nikki