Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Part 9-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

Posted by pattygrow5 z6Pa (pattygrow5@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Nov 25, 09 at 22:01

I messed up and did another 8 here is #9
Hi all I am a little short of time so I am not going to update the list until tomorrow but I got seeds from 4 more people
esiuol
paula70
ggwrn
and
rbrady
and another dropout
kamil
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Part 9-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

My seeds are on their way, and should arrive Friday :)

o

This is way off topic,and you all can just move it along,but i need some help,if it is o to ask here.
I am looking for a Full Spectrum High Definition Light,for S.A.D.(sesonal attention disorder)as a gift,there are several on the market,believe me, i have looked,have any of you used one,if yes, which one do you use,and what do you like,dislike about it?
I do so hope it is ok to ask you all,i apologize,if not.
I don't know where else to ask.
Thank you so much.
cAROL

o

To my garden web friends,

Thank you all for your kind wishes, thoughts, and prayers regarding my father. You are truly a special group of people. These weeks have been very hard, but I have taken great comfort in the kind words of others.

As drippy suggested, I am planning a memorial garden for my dad. My sister and I were planning to add another bed to her garden this fall, but with my dad's illness we were not able to. We will make the bed this spring with the help of her children. I am planning on adding prickly things like globe thistle and sea holly, because my dad had a prickly beard and liked things with texture.

If there were any seeds that somebody wanted from my list. Please e-mail me your address and I will send them off to you.

Thank you all, Amy

o

Dear Amy,
I was so saddened to hear of your dads passing.My heart goes out to you,loosing a loved one is so very hard,and at this time of year, it seems to make it even harder,if at all possible.
I think planting a memorial garden is a wonderful idea,and the "prickly"planting will be a fun project,I wish I had something I could send to you to help you get going,but I do not, and I am sorry about that.
I am glad you have a sister,you can lean on each other through this difficult time in your lives.
Much love,and kind thoughts are being sent to you and your family.
cAROL

o

o

Hi everyone...

glitter-graphics.com

o

Hi all,

I hope that you are all enjoying a wonderful holiday!

Hang in there Amy, peace will find its way to your heart. I know you're in my heart today. Take care honey, you've got a gigantic online family here!

Diana :)

o

Amy I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! :-) I am eagerly awaiting to get seeds back from this swap. Getting that envelope back from Patty and Angie is just going to be wonderful. And then I get to decide on what to WS. :-) And all of you who are out early shopping have fun, but I am planning on sleeping as late as possible and just sit around the house and get some quilting done tomorrow. :-)

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

(Hmm my post didn't post...)

Patty, I did not get mine in the mail by Wed -- my small town PO decided it was closing early, and considered a sign on the door a good enough warning. Hmpf. I should've guessed that the posted online hours couldn't be counted on.

My package will be in the mail today --
DC # 9405903699300003399160

I'm sorry!
--Tina

o

Hi all I got 11 packs of seeds today I am not going to post all the names just update the list
1 pattygrow5-HERE mostly done I am still waiting for a few
2 angelady-mail by Wenesday
3 morguegirl-dropped out
4 ilovefarac-mail by Wenesday
5 ollierose-mail by Wenesday
6 sguanzon-RECEIVED
7 austinnhanasmom-RECEIVED
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady-RECEIVED
10 stage_rat-RECEIVED
11 highalttransplant-RECEIVED
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod-mail by Tuesday
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
15 ishareflowers-RECEIVED
16 barefootgardner12-RECEIVED
17 agirlsgirl- RECEIVED
18 lisam627_ohio_z6-RECEIVED
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
20 just1morehosta-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin-RECEIVED
22 joy_unspeakable-RECEIVED
23 poisondartfrog-RECEIVED
24 patrob-RECEIVED
25 perennialfan27-?????
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
27 sassybutterfly-RECEIVED
28 ggwrn-RECEIVED
29 julie_mn-RECEIVED
30 kamiljablo-Dropped out
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc- RECEIVED
33 sandlapper_rose-RECEIVED
34 ruthz-RECEIVED
35 bhnash-mail by Wenesday
36 gardenmom2-????
37 jas_il-RECEIVED
38 strmywthr3-RECEIVED
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67-mailed
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in-RECEIVED
43 paulan70-RECEIVED
44 smpetrou-????
45 sakura_komichi-RECEIVED
46 sandysgardens-RECEIVED
47 vikingkirken-mail by Wenesday
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic-RECEIVED
51 chemocurl-RECEIVED
52 gmom2-6boys-RECEIVED
53 smitties-RECEIVED
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo-Dropped Out
56 rane_grow-RECEIVED
57 esiuol-RECEIVED
58 alwaysagarden-RECEIVED
59 jacoblily-RECEIVED
60 micyrey-RECEIVED
61 threeshyacres-RECEIVED
62 neohippie-RECEIVED
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh-RECEIVED
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21-RECEIVED
67 grovespirit-mail by Wenesday
68 hibiscusfan-RECEIVED
69 luvgardening2-mail soon
I will be separating all day I hope you all had a
Happy Thanksgiving
Patty

o

Wow! You received my seeds already,Patty? I mailed them late Wednesday. You must be very busy right now!

Rebekah

o

Hi all,

I'm reallyreallyreally sorry... my package won't be in the mail til tomorrow AM =(

My package wasn't finished by P.O. closing time on Wednesday, and then we do "Thanksgiving" on Friday at my parents' because everyone is elsewhere on Thursday, so no chance to get to post office today... not an excuse but just an explanation...

I hope everyone will be happy with the belated seeds I'm sending in!! I'm so sorry I'm running late, Patty!!!

Lori

o

Hi all I got a box of seeds from bhnash today and we have another one has dropped out perennialfan27
here is the updated list
1 pattygrow5-HERE
2 angelady-mailed
3 morguegirl-dropped out
4 ilovefarac-mailed
5 ollierose-mailed
6 sguanzon-RECEIVED
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady-RECEIVED
10 stage_rat-RECEIVED
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod-mailed
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
17 agirlsgirl- RECEIVED
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin-RECEIVED
24 patrob-RECEIVED
25 perennialfan27-dropped out
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
28 ggwrn-RECEIVED
29 julie_mn-RECEIVED
30 kamiljablo-Dropped out
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc- RECEIVED
34 ruthz-RECEIVED
35 bhnash-RECEIVED
36 gardenmom2-????
37 jas_il-RECEIVED
38 strmywthr3-RECEIVED
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67-mailed
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in-RECEIVED
43 paulan70-RECEIVED
44 smpetrou-????
47 vikingkirken-mailed
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic-RECEIVED
51 chemocurl-RECEIVED
52 gmom2-6boys-RECEIVED
53 smitties-RECEIVED
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo-Dropped Out
56 rane_grow-RECEIVED
57 esiuol-RECEIVED
59 jacoblily-RECEIVED
62 neohippie-RECEIVED
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh-RECEIVED
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21-RECEIVED
67 grovespirit-mailed
68 hibiscusfan-RECEIVED
I got most of them separated last night I am going to get the others done now then I can get the envies cleaned up and labels on do you ladies know how long it takes to do that to 65 envies LOL
Patty

o

Oh, Patty ! Yes, just putting labels on 65 envies would take quite a while! I don't envy you at all! But I certainly thank you for taking on this task year after year! I remember the first one and not near like it is now!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Getting pots and dirt and things ready in the green house. Anxiously awaiting my seeds!! I'll be ready when they get here!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Melinda

o

hello
well patty I think I'm one of the people that accualy knows how long that takes, I usualy work on the envie labling in the evenings wile watching tv. the largest swap I have done so far I think was just over 50 and it took me several days, lots of tape and a big pile of old lables/stamps/stickers for the trash when I was done.

thank you so much patty for all the hard work, we all appritiat it.
michelle

o

Yes Patty, we do appreciate it so much!! Your hard work brings smiles to all our faces when we get our envelopes back stuffed to bursting with seeds =) It's like getting seed catalogs, but ten times better.

Lori

P.S. Just to confirm, my envelope DID go in the mail on Saturday AM. Almost a pound, I've never done a swap that heavy before! I think it was the beans and garlic... I hope nothing gets smashed in transit, or you will have a yummy-smelling mailbox!

o

I just addressed 25 cards,and i am beat, i thought of you the whhole time Patty,you are an Angel,and we all appreciate what you do for us.
Thank you from the bottom of my seed bag.:0)
cAROL

o

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that some of the seeds I had designated as "special request" were not able to be sent in the swap. Some still aren't ready to harvest and others I didn't have enough of (but I'm still waiting to harvest more of those, so they'll be enough to go around eventually).

So, if you receive your envelope from Patty and notice something that I was to send you as a "special request" isn't in there, please email me privately if you are still interested in them. I'll be happy to make future arrangements to get them to you. You can find my email address on my member page.

I would like to especially thank Patty and Angie for going through so much effort throughout this swap. It is a huge undertaking to host a swap this large and all your hard work is appreciated so much. And to Angela, I thank you for putting the time into continually updating the running list as we all kept updating our lists. I know it was a challenge for you since you've had to travel so much lately for your daughters health. Additionally, I can't thank all of you in this swap enough for taking the time to read all our want lists and diligently pack seeds to share with others. We all owe each other a big thank you from ourselves, our gardens and the wildlife it supports. I am very thankful for all of you.

Hugs,
Diana

o

Hello everyone,

Sadly, I became overwhelmed with things and wasn't able to get my seeds sent out. I'm sorry Patty, and all, for any inconvenience this may have caused. I know any seeds sent in for me will find good homes with others. I can't wait for all of you to start receiving your packages, as most of you already know, Patty does an AWESOME job with this swap! Again, my apologies

Karen
kalena67

o

Aloha all, I got back home from the family reunion late last night.

Both sides of my family went to Kauai (the Garden Isle) for a Thanksgiving reunion.

Despite the inlaws all being crammed together in a minibus during a good bit of this reunion, we still got along ok and had a BLAST! :)

I'm sure having 2 separate beachfront cabins to sleep in- one for each side of the family- helped too. Hubby and I alternated cabins, & refused to be split up at night...
After all, we paid for these 2 cabins, so we should get to decide where to sleep when LOL! :)

So, we slept in my parents cabin half the time and in his parents cabin the other half the time. :)

I believe Kauai is very possibly the most beautiful island in the entire USA. But it also can be challenging to get reliable Net access or cellphone signal out there, due to its remoteness.
Great place to 'Get Away From It All!' :)

I mailed my seeds in Lihue just after we arrived; I initially wanted to mail them from Honolulu, but then turned out due to bad traffic we had no time to mail them before the flight. They got mailed from Kauai instead. :)

Now that I am back home and have reliable Net access, I can post my USPS Delivery confirmation number for the seeds I sent in.

According to the USPS website, my seeds have arrived in Pittsburgh and been sorted for delivery by the PO. They should be available to our hostess Patty real soon now! :)

DC# 0309 2880 0000 9396 9161

Here is a link that might be useful: kauai introductory info

o

Oooh, Grovespirit, nice link! I'll be out to visit soon (soon as I win the lottery, LOL) :)

o

Hi girls I got 4 more today and we have sadly another that dropped out here is the updated list
1 pattygrow5-HERE
2 angelady-mailed
3 morguegirl-dropped out
4 ilovefarac-RECEIVED
5 ollierose-mailed
6 sguanzon-RECEIVED
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady-RECEIVED
10 stage_rat-RECEIVED
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod-RECEIVED
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
17 agirlsgirl- RECEIVED
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin-RECEIVED
24 patrob-RECEIVED
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
28 ggwrn-RECEIVED
29 julie_mn-RECEIVED
30 kamiljablo-dropped out
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc- RECEIVED
34 ruthz-RECEIVED
35 bhnash-RECEIVED
36 gardenmom2-????
37 jas_il-RECEIVED
38 strmywthr3-RECEIVED
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67-dropped out
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in-RECEIVED
43 paulan70-RECEIVED
44 smpetrou-????
47 vikingkirken-RECEIVED
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic-RECEIVED
51 chemocurl-RECEIVED
52 gmom2-6boys-RECEIVED
53 smitties-RECEIVED
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo-Dropped Out
56 rane_grow-RECEIVED
57 esiuol-RECEIVED
59 jacoblily-RECEIVED
62 neohippie-RECEIVED
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh-RECEIVED
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21-RECEIVED
67 grovespirit-RECEIVED
68 hibiscusfan-RECEIVED
I am going to e-mail the few people I haven' heard from once again when the others seeds get here we won't be waiting if they can't LMK
Patty

o

I am SO sorry for my belated sending in of my seeds. I tried as I might to get all the wishes filled when I was sick, but I made very poor progress. I saw so many people that had listed what I told them to on my have list and couldn't stand the idea of not sending in wishes to everyone of what I had, especially since some of them were rarer seeds to find available for swap. Anyways, long story short is, I planned to pack until the day after Thanksgiving, which I thought was the next mailing day after the deadline. Well, in the tiny town my sister is in, the post office wasn't open then because of a short day or something and Saturday they were also closed. SO, I managed to fill all the wishes, but couldn't get them in the mail until today. It went first class, so hopefully that won't be long. I am TRULY sorry for the inconvenience this caused the whole swap, especially to Patty and Angie. I sincerely never dreamed that they wouldn't go in the mail on Friday, even though I was shooting to get them in Wednesday. I feel just awful that they just barely got in the mail today. I was horrified when my sister told me that I must be dreaming to think that their post office would be open. (They live in a town with a population of just a few hundred people at most.) I have really gotten spoiled with our city's post offices, I guess. I just wasn't thinking.

Patty - I misjudged the postage to add, so I am sending more. It's already on its way. Again, I am truly sorry for being so late.

Amy - My heart just breaks for you. My prayers are with you and your family. The memorial garden sounds like a wonderful idea. It really will be awesome with some of the things that remind you of your dad.

stage_rat - Oh, I'm so glad the compiled list saved the day. You sure know how to make a girl feel useful! I hope you get your computer situation fixed up. I think I'd be having big-time withdrawals and panic attacks right about now, if I were in your shoes.

Karen (kalena67) - I'm sorry to see you had to drop out, but thanks for letting us know. I can totally relate to getting overwhelmed and not having enough time to get all the things on my To-Do List done.

grovespirit - Oh, that sounds just wonderful!!!! I am just going to HAVE to visit over your way when I get rich and famous... maybe that Southwest Airlines commercial will help? Hmmmm.... NOT.... LOL

I'm so glad I stayed in this swap. I came within inches of dropping out, too, since I was sick, but had to pack like a maniac even through Thanksgiving since I had so many counting on my seed haves like I told them to. I truly hope that it was better to send late than to not send at all. It was a really hard judgment call for me. I just hope that it didn't mess Patty and Angie's schedules all up. Oh, please, tell me I'm forgiven... please, please, tell me I didn't ruin the whole swap!

Blessings,
Angela

o

It is always better late then never. A few late comers never hurt anything. At least in my mind. Now Patty is the mastermind who really makes the choices.

Patty can you let me know who gets that extra "thing" I sent in I am just being curious thats all. Thanks

Paula

o

Hi girls I had 2 delivered to the house today and another dopped out Nichol has a family illness so she can't send she can use our prayers
here is the updated list
1 pattygrow5-HERE
2 angelady-mailed
3 morguegirl-dropped out
4 ilovefarac-RECEIVED
5 ollierose-mailed
6 sguanzon-RECEIVED
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady-RECEIVED
10 stage_rat-RECEIVED
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod-RECEIVED
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
17 agirlsgirl- RECEIVED
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin-RECEIVED
24 patrob-RECEIVED
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
28 ggwrn-RECEIVED
29 julie_mn-RECEIVED
30 kamiljablo-dropped out
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc- RECEIVED
34 ruthz-RECEIVED
35 bhnash-RECEIVED
36 gardenmom2-dropped out
37 jas_il-RECEIVED
38 strmywthr3-RECEIVED
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67-dropped out
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in-RECEIVED
43 paulan70-RECEIVED
44 smpetrou-????
47 vikingkirken-RECEIVED
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic-RECEIVED
51 chemocurl-RECEIVED
52 gmom2-6boys-RECEIVED
53 smitties-RECEIVED
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo-Dropped Out
56 rane_grow-RECEIVED
57 esiuol-RECEIVED
59 jacoblily-RECEIVED
62 neohippie-RECEIVED
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh-RECEIVED
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21-RECEIVED
67 grovespirit-RECEIVED
68 hibiscusfan-RECEIVED
69 luvgardening -may be mailed (computer issues can't
e-mail)
we are waiting for angelladys ollieroses and maybe luvgardening
I still haven't heard anything from smpetrou
Paula I hope you don't mind but I am keeping that extra "thing"
I have to get some seeds done
Patty

o

DC# 9405 5036 9930 0054 2588 69

They've been mailed and I provided your email address for update notification. You should have been getting updates via email on its progress.

o
Can You guess how many seeds will be sent in?:)

Hi everybody! :)

It is time to start guessing how many seeds you think were sent in to Patty!!!!!

There will be a prize for the right or closest guess!

Ready.....set....go!!!!!

o

Does anyone else feel like the kitty below?

Photobucket

o

Hi all Angela did you fly over here and put the seeds in my mailbox they are here that was quick we are now only waiting for ollierose and luvgardening when those 2 come we are starting I still haven't heard a thing from smpetrou so I take it they are not coming.
I still have seeds to separate and count start guessing how many so when they are all here we can see who is the closest we will give you all time to guess
Patty

o

Grrrrrrr - why is my package not there yet!?!?!? I sent it via priority mail! I did speak to the PO today and they "said" it was scheduled for delivery today. Holy crap, I'll freak if all those seeds and the hostess gifts are MIA!

Okay, I'm thinking about the number of packs sent in.......

o

I'll take a guess - when all the packs are counted, 14,078.

o

Wow drippy! 14,078 ?!?!
If Patty is planning to pull hair, I will be bald!....lol....

o
RE:1 Part 9-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

Oh and Sue,I love the cat! It cracks me up!:)

o

I'll guess 12,300 packs sent in.

o

Okay, I'm guessing 9,750 packs.

o

My guess is 9,333

o

If Patty counts her own additions.... 22,050 packets in the mix. That LARGE # is only about 4 and a half packets found by everyone for every one! We are a generous group- that # may be too small.....

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 3, 09 at 8:20

Sue, Love the cat.

My guess is 9900

o

I'm going to guess 13,569

o

15,100 is my guess.

o

My guess is 8997 seed packets!!

o

Angie, my thinking on the guess was along the same lines as Julie's, although I figured that some of the players might be newer and might not have had as much. There are 69 players - oh, well, I didn't account for the few dropouts - that's a lot of seeds!

o

My guess is:

13,350 total.
cAROL

o

I'm going to guess 11,750. Don't ask me why, just feels right!

o

My guess is

11,000 total

Jasmine

o

My guess is:
10,250 total

Ginger

o

I'll guess 9750

Suzanne

o

200packsx50people= 10,000 (if trying to keep
under the 250 limit) 250packsx50people= 12,500
so half way between 11,250,(plus 3 for no.my children and
plus 6 for no.my grandchildren and plus 80 plus 80, both my parents turned 80yrs. in Nov.) ....... 11,419.......Patty_b

o

chemocurl, I feel like that cat too, but then again I'm terribly impatient for a gardener! I just can't wait to see what I got.

Let's see, we've got 62 senders. If people sent in an average of... let's say half the limit, so 125 packs, that makes 7,750.

Hmm, that's a lot lower than what other people are guessing. Oh well, I'll go for it. My guess is 7,750.

o

hmm...some players definitely have a lot of seeds, while others (like me) do not. So I think neohippie is on the right track. I'll round up for my guess:

~CA

o

Patty nope it is great that you kept the Trillium just don't plant it near any windows, everywhere I checked on it said it smells like decomposing body so don't plant it down wind. I didn't have a good place here that was not near an open window in the summertime. Glad someone gets to enjoy it.

Paula

o
Ollierose's package

Hi Patty,

I don't know what's going on with my package. It's still not showing up on the USPS site. I've called to PO three times today and they are saying not to worry (yea right!!!) unless it's not there by NEXT Wednesday or Thursday. What a joke! I'm just praying that you get home today and it's there. Please email me to let me know either way. I'll be getting home late tonight due to an after hours work function, but I'll be checking email.

Thanks,
Diana

o

Hi all the guesses are great I have to do a precount today
Diana quit sweating the box is here didn't open it yet though i will separate them tonight also talked to luvgardening hers is on the way it should be here by the weekend so it will be here before Angie comes over.
love the cat Sue
I have a special shade area Paula I have one trillium with the dark red flower but not the white Thanks
Patty

o

Patty - LOL! No, I didn't fly over there, but I sure thought about it with the Post Office being closed! What a relief... I'm so glad it got there so quickly!

Blessings,
Angela

o

I'll guess 10,850 packets of seeds sent in.

o

My guess will be 12,200.

Rebekah

o

ok...my swag is 9,440.

Sue...chemocurl

o

My guess is 12,560
Tammy

o

Shew am I relieved that that package arrived, and in good condition!! I was sweating bullets for sure! I tried speaking to the PO here in Atlanta, and they were the most difficult people ever! However, I also spoke to the PO in Pittsburgh and they were wonderful! Angie - we might have to go by and drop off some munchies to them when I'm up visiting later this month. I made sure to call them this morning to let them know the package arrived and to thank them profusely.

Okay, now that I know my package has arrived I've been able to think on this guessing game here.

My guess is 16,551 (gotta pick an odd number for the odd ball I am!).

Now......I wonder what the prize will be for the lucky winner!?!?!?!?

I hope everyone has a lovely day today! Happy Friday!
Diana

o

I'm going to guess 8,244... lower than many have guessed I know, but I'm thinking the newbies and busy people will balance out the excess sent in by some!

Ooh, I can hardly wait to get my package back! =)

o

My guess will 9,998. Sounds good to me! Melinda

o

Not to rush patty, cause I know she has to have her hands very full right now ( and its a job I sure wouldnt want to tackle,lol), but I was curious as to how long it usually takes to get the seeds back. Since this is my first time in the swap.

And do you usually have so many drop outs this late in the swap?
tammy

o

Tammy, there were 5 or 6 drop outs last year with a few less to start off, so I think it's pretty close to the same overall turnout, if I recall correctly. And mine was one of the last pkgs sent out, simply because Patty tried hard to send a nice variety and believe me, it was well worth the wait :) The packages were not sent all at once. She sent a batch each day as she completed them. While it then seemed like ages...it was probably a couple weeks after seeds all arrived, that I received my package.

o

My guess is 9498 packets. Not only does this seem to be a good mid-range number... but also i met my dear hubby in 94 and then we married 4 yrs later in 98! Yes I am a hopeless romantic, LOL.

o

Hi everyone ! My guess is 1,677 ! TGIF ! Hope everyone has a great weekend ! Chance of mixed snow/rain here tomorrow , yuck ... guess I will be staying in and writing more christmas cards !

~Iris

o

"couple of weeks"
Man thats fast for so many seeds, I figured it would be closer to a month.Patty must work in hyperspeed.
Tammy

o

Same here Iris - yucky yucky weather! So much for working in the yard. I'm planning to write out plants tags to get a head start on winter sowing!

o

Ok I'll help make it easier for the guessing
Thisis a list of guesses not sent in.

drippy has 14,078
jaynine has 12,300
bhnash has 9,750
conniesc has 9,333
julie_mn has 22,050
ruthz has 9900
dirtdiggin has 13,569
poisondartfrog has 15,100
sandysgardens has 8997
just1morehoasta has 13,350
suecirish has 11,750
jas_il has 11,000
ggwrn has 10,250
hibiscusfan has 9750
patty_b has 11,419
neohippie has 7,750
sakura_komichi has 8000
patrob has 10,850
columbine21 has 12,200
chemocurl has 9,440
tammyinwv has 12,560
ollierose has 16,551
vikingkirken has 8,244
ilovefarac has 9,998
grovespirit has 9498
rane_grow has 1,677

And I will add my guess in the mix at 10,350 seed packs.

Paula

o

My guess...7143... Bev.

o

ooops I just saw that I left out a 1 ... I meant to say I guess 11,677 ! I must be tired ...

Diana, doing tags is a good idea ... I was just looking at my plant shelves in the garage and empty pots I saved from this past spring/summer ... wishing this cold winter weather was almost finished instead of just getting started ...sigh...

~Iris

o

It actually snowed at my house in central Louisiana for 5 hours today and actually got some big flakes, but sadly almost all has melted and is turning to ice - glad we don't have to drive anywhere tomorrow. My guess for the number of seed packets is 14,700. Can't wait to get seeds from this swap - am so excited about it. :-)

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

Okay, I'll play. I guess:

10,000 even

o

Hello all,

I'm going to guess 13,223 packets were sent in for the swap this year.

Patty and Angie, good luck sorting through all of them, It'a huge undertaking!

Lisa

o

I am going to guess 13,813.

Cold here this weekend. Right now (10 am) it is 28 degrees. We are headed out this afternoon to cut down a Christmas tree. Of course, last weekend was in the 50's.

I thinking SOUTH for retirement. Is there a place where I can garden all year. :)

o

We are getting our first snowfall of the season. We have about an inch already and its still snowing. We are supposed to get 1-2" and 30 degrees today.
tammy

o

My guess is 12,660.

o

Better think Florida, Smitties - or Hawaii, or the Virgin Islands...it snowed in northern Alabama today! (only about 1/2 inch, though)

o

hmm.. my guess is 11,636 :) Hi everyone!

~Wendy / sassyb...

o

You guys make sure you keep your snow. I don't want any this way. :)

o

Good morning everyone ! We had rain mixed with ice and snow yesterday ... now my car is frozen shut ! Brrr... if the sun doesn't defrost it soon I will have to get out there and pry it open so I can run some errands ! this is what I get for having too much stuff in my garage so my car doesn't fit in it LOL

~Iris

o

Iris - Run a hair dryer out on an extension cord to melt the ice around the door of your car.

~CA

o

It got down to 25 here in Atlanta, GA last night. A lot of stuff bit it, but I am pleasantly surprised that my pineapple sage and royal carpet alyssum has held up. I covered things I hadn't planted out yet, so they're fine. Hopefully we'll have some warmer dry weather next weekend so I can get them planted out. I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so I'm sticking to tasks where I can utilize my laptop while in bed. I've been spending my time today writing out plant tags. I got a bunch of wintersowing containers cleaned up yesterday, so I'm enjoying getting a head start!

Diana

o

I'll guess 13550

o

My guess is: 11,111!

o

My guess is......

--Tina

o
RE: Part 9-5th annual WLOMWL Swap

....and whoever wins can raid my list...up to 40 things if you can find that many (just based on my patience for a single, long, bagging-up session). I think I've got it updated from what I've run out of from this swap.

Well, that is unless the winner is angela....I sent her half my list already. lol! (boy, it's good you didn't drop out!)

sguanzon...I don't remember if you raided my list for your win last year....have at it if you didn't and still want to after you get your hord sent back from Patty.

:)
--Tina

o
RE: Part 9-5th annual WLOMWLS

...that's on top of whatever prize Angie has up her sleeve already. (If that's ok with you, Angie!)

tee-hee-hee.

o

Hi girls well we just spent all day and evening and didn't even get halfway done Angie just left I will keep working on them after work every day now someone else knows how much work it is. I am still waiting for luvgardenings seeds so you have till tomorrow evening to guess the seed count thanks Diana for the cookies to share Kilngod we are waiting to see who wins but you are welcome to offer seeds to the winner gotta get back to the seeds so I can get finished up with the ones we were working on and go to bed I won't start sending any out until later in the week
Patty

o

Wow, I can almost hear some Twilight Zone music playing. Stage Rat and Kilngod both posted a guess of 11,111 at exactly 20:06 on Sunday, Dec. 6.

Does anyone else find that bizarre?

o

Shoot. And she beat me in the posting order. dangit.

(Yes, it's quite freaky actually.)

ok ok ok. I'll take 10,011. Doesn't have the same ring though.

--Tina :)

o

I was thinkin' that too Bonnie when I saw it! lol

Hugs all,
Wendy

o

Smitties,

Year round places to garden which are within the USA, either as states or territories:
In addition to the previously mentioned S. Florida and its Keys, Hawaii, & Virgin Islands...
Also, several coastal cities along the Gulf of Mexico such as Galveston and Corpus Christi TX.
Some Gulf-coast cities in Louisiana, Alabama and Missisippi also qualify.
Certain parts of Southern California.
Last but not least: Don't forget Puerto Rico! :)

o

I don't think you necessarily have to be on the Gulf Coast to be able to garden year-round in the south. I live near Austin and cold-tolerant plants like brassicas, lettuce, and root crops do fine all winter. You don't necessarily have to be frost-free as long as your freezes aren't too severe.

Then again, the flipside is that the summers are so hot and dry that it's hard to get anything to survive through them. Maybe summer is truely the off-season for us rather than winter. I can maybe get peppers, okra, and sweet potatoes through but that's about it. I'm always on the lookout for heat and drought tolerant plants. This past summer broke the record for how many days passed 100 degrees in one summer, and we're having record drought.

o

Yep Bonnie, I heard the twilight zone music too when I saw both Stage_Rats and Kilngod's identical guess's. I think they should both keep their guess's at 11,111 and see what happens!!!!! I think we could come up with some type of tie breaker if need be.

o

Hi all I got luvgardening2 seeds today so I have a total you have until 9pm tonight to post your guess at 9:05 I will post the winner and the prize it will be sent with your seeds.
Patty

o

Oh cool! Doing a happy dance - all the seeds are in - yeah!!! :-) Really appreciate everyone who participated and our great hosts.

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

God bless you Patty, that must be a powerful lot of seeds there!

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 7, 09 at 18:17

Im going to guess 11,387

I dont even want to THINK about how much work that would be to divide up.

srsly, If I hosted a swap nobody could send in more than five packets, thats packets not types.

:)

o

Tina (kilngod) - Oh, my goodness! I'm glad I didn't drop out, too! Well, I doubt I win the contest (I probably should submit a guess soon if I want any chance!), but if I do win, I'll take it easy on your list. hee hee

WoWWee! Thanks again, Patty & Angie! I can only imagine the insanity of rooting through all those seeds for us in this swap.

OKAY, finally... my guess is: 11,250.

....unless we're doing the closest guess without going over (like the Price is Right - LOL), then my guess is 11,001. hee hee... What's funny is I was going to also guess 11,111 until I saw the other two guesses for it. :-)

Blessings,
Angela

o

My guess is 9,876.

Bonnie

o

Hi girls I am a little late it is 9:16 and the seeds sent in total that includes mine is 12,102 the winner is

Posted by columbine21 zone 6 , IL on Thu, Dec 3, 09 at 18:50

My guess will be 12,200.
Rebekah
OK Rebekah not sure of what I am sending but I want it to be a surpise anyways I will send it with your seeds I will probally start sending some on Wenesday
CONGRADULATIONS
back to the seeds
Patty

o

Wow, that really IS freaky, kilngod and I posting 11111 at the same time! I wonder what else we have in common? Kilngod, it's 11:10 central time, and I'm eating pretzels, how 'bout you? :)

Patty, I can't believe that you'll be ready to mail the first envies so soon! Great work!

o

Wow - over 12,000 seed packets for the swap. I get a smile on my face everytime I think of all our busy hands packaging up all those packets.

Thanks again Patty for hosting and those that helped her out last weekend sorting!! Also to everyone participating in the swap, if it wasn't for all your generousity there wouldn't be such a GREAT swap.

Sandy

o

Congrats, Rebekah! Please, share with us your winning strategy... How'd you guess so close? :-)

Patty - I'm with Sandy... I'm in awe that you can start sending seeds back as soon as Wednesday! WoWWee! Thanks so much for all your hard work and for hosting this swap year after year. I hope it continues for a long time to come as I totally was looking forward to it again this year after first joining it last year. Oh, I'm so excited!

Blessings,
Angela

o

WOW, that's about 4000 more than last year!!!! I thought over 8000 was a lot!!! Can you all imagine Patty's living room? LOL I know I can :)

Oh the excitement!! Can't wait to see that packages are arriving and the excited posts...it's so much fun to read through them.

Pins n needles lol.

Toni

o

Hi, all! I have been absent from the computer for a couple days...then checked this thread this afternoon and wow what a great surprise! I thought with this being my first time and all, I would have a very slim chance of winning this game.

Angela, I really did not have much of a strategy; I just estimated that the average per participant was 200 packets sent. (I sent around that many myself.) I figured that for every person who sent way under that amount, there might be a person who sent way over that amount.

Patty, thanks for the surprise...I really like surprises!
And thanks for all your hard work! Wow,so you are going to be mailing envies back starting Wednesday...that is soon!

Have a great time, everyone!

Rebekah

o

Congratulations Rebekah,How fun.

Patty, I am with the rest of the group.So surprised you will be mailing next week already, you have been one busy lady,I wish you would post a picture of your sorting area,it must be crazy.
Thank you Patty, we would not be having this much fun, if not for you, or the bursting bags of seeds we will all be getting.
cAROL

o

Congratulations Rebekah! Well here in the deep south we are getting rain, rain and more rain. And shockingly it was in the 70's today after having snow on Friday evening, though suppose to turn colder tonight and tomorrow. I went out in shorts today and in the rain to check on the freeze damage to plants and had lost a few plants and tried to recover my cannas with leaves. Hope everyone has a great week. And everyone up north feel free to send some snow my way, but please no ice :-). Can't wait to get that big envelope full of seeds - definitely want to participate in this swap next year.

Best to you and stay warm!,
quiltingfox

o

We're in an arctic blast and have been for a couple of days now. This morning it was 16 degrees! Inland it's running about 12 degrees. We rarely get below about 28 during the cold months, so this is unusual. Brrrrrrrrr ...and they expect it for another week or so. Of course they are rarely correct with our weather forcast, so we shall see. Wish I had a job where I could be wrong 80% of the time and still have a job lol.

Hope everyone is staying warm tonight...be well and take care.

Toni

o

Yep, we are getting that arctic blast too! We had a foot of snow last night, and the low tonight is expected to be -2. They actually closed the schools today, which they never do here. The highs haven't been above freezing for about a week now ...

I am very thankful to have a nice, warm home tonight!

Bonnie

o

I am with you Carol, I could just see Patty sitting in the middle of a mountain of seed packets up to her neck.
Tammy

o

Wow Bonnie... -2? Now that's COLD! We've had some serious problems with the temps, but they haven't closed schools. Our high yesterday was 28. I actually had to put a space heater in my greenhouse so my wintered over plants are toasty lol. Just have to haul water 'cause the hose bibs are all winterized. I still have a bunch of rooted cuttings that I need to pot up lol...I'm not behind ^o^

o

The plows cleared most of the roads by late yesterday afternoon, so the schools are open today, but the current temp. is - 12. Doubt the kids will get to play outside today. It's just too dangerous. At least they were able to go sledding yesterday. Off to bundle everyone up!

Bonnie

o

Well, they're shutting schools down now due to the cold. We are no where around your temps Bonnie, but we just aren't used to that kind of cold. It's so crazy...we don't hit lows 'til late January or early February. Who knows...maybe we'll have our second in a row white Christmas...which last year was the first in 18 years lol.

Keep warm and safe everyone...it's realllllllly cold out there!!!

Toni

o

Bonnie -12 degrees - WOW!! Makes me really appreciate my warm weather here in Louisiana. Weather that cold just sounds painful. Hope you all stay very warm and safe.

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

Congrats Rebekah!:)

ATTENTION: Patty's computer is down,I will be handling all of her posts from now until, it gets fixed or to the end of the swap,whichever comes first. If there is anything you need to tell, or ask Patty,just email me. I will call her and relay the message to her and get back to you with the answer! I will be starting the new thread for her also,I will be using her account info to post,so you will see her name as the one who started the thread.:)

MESSAGE FROM PATTY: She is going to start mailing out envies. They will be mailed out as they become ready.I will have a list of names to post soon,letting you all know who has been mailed,so you can start watching your mailbox!:)

I went to Patty's this past Saturday to help pack seeds! Talk about a ton of work! We made a dent,but there are loads of them! I was impressed by Patty's method. She has a great system and is very thorough! She handles every single pack! I hope to go to her house this weekend and help her finish up! :)

OK,more good stuff! Patty's yard is still full of lots of beauty,so I have compiled an album of scenes from her fall/winter garden! I also have pics of the goodies that were sent to us,of course the chocolates sent in for Patty didn't last long, and the cookies Diana sent us were nothing but crumbs by the time I pulled out the camera,so those will not be seen in any photos! LOL
The pics will be posted in the new thread I am about to start. So please make sure you post on the new thread from here on out!;)

What else will not be seen is.... any pics of the seeds!!!!! I totally forgot! Patty mentioned it,and then we started doing the seeds and I got totally side tracked! Sorry guys,I know some of you would have loved to see the giant mound of happiness!:)

Thanks to all of those who sent in seeds! I know for a fact there are going to be some really happy gardeners here!:)

Enjoy the pics!:)

o
closed thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here