Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chefconnie_gw

Email

chefconnie
11 years ago

Hello, I am new here and I don't seem to get emails sent to me?? I have checked the box that says others members can email me. I have sent myself emails from my page and it works, but two swaps I have been involved with I have had trouble with both getting the email from the host.

Any thoughts?

Comments (6)

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Check your spam folder. If your missing email's not there, use the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the screen (in the green bar) and explain your situation to the Gardenweb techies. Good luck.

This post was edited by jaynine on Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 22:54

• chefconnie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the reply. They are not in my spam folder and I emailed the techies and haven't heard back from them?

• chefconnie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the reply. They are not in my spam folder and I emailed the techies and haven't heard back from them?

• katkni
    11 years ago

Rather than sending an email through GW, trying copying and pasting the email address, creating an message in your email account.

Another thing to check is sort your spam/junk mail by oldest to newest. A lot of the time, the GW emails have a blank date, or a 2001 date, so they go directly to the bottom of the list.

That's just a couple of things I've done when I have problems with messaging through gw.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    11 years ago

I noticed that you posted late last night that you had not gotten the Secret Santa Swap email. The host, flwrs4ever, said that one email was returned, so that meant she wasn't using the GW email system. I imagine you will hear from her soon.

I see the other problem was with the Annual Theme Garden Swap 2012. (Nov 22) and you didn't have your email showing to 'everyone'. It's hard to say now what might have happened to that email, especially not knowing if it was sent via the GW system or if it went directly from an email program.

Going forward, if there happens to be any problems, try and find out how the email was sent, ie via GW or otherwise.

Happy swapping!

chemocurl...aka Sue...rbb

This post was edited by chemocurl on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 9:34

• chefconnie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone, I did finally get the SSS email. I Have completely cleaned out my email so hopefully it will be resolved. Merry Christmas!!