male

female

Sissy and pups playing

misc. pics of pups

some remodel pics

Comments (25)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

meet me half way tomorrow. bring me my babies :)

and please acknowledge my email!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

OHHHHHH They are just too cute!!I Love the brown female(what a little peach) and the gray male laying on his tummy with his legs sticking backwards.Thats too cute.Oh now I almost wish I didn't raise birds so I could have one.That wouldn't fly to well with them.Whaa.. Whaa.. Whaa.. Hope you find good homes for them all.
    Wow Tina your house is lookin marvelous.You gotta be really happy with it.I wanna trade.Mine needs soo much work : ( Is that you sitting with momma? Beautiful!!(momma doggie is pretty too)!! : ))
    Hugs,Nancy

• galium
    17 years ago

Tina I just love those pictures. The puppy with the white paws is adorable.
    My house needs so much work I don't even want to think about it. My hubby is absolutely no help when it comes to fixing anything. He is a good cook though. I amaze myself at what I've taught myself to do.
    I took some pictures at our local Animal Shelter. I go there to play with the cats. I'll post them this week.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Tina, your puppy's are just adorable! If I could I would adopt them all. Here are my two bandits that we rescued from Kentucky while on vacation.

The black and white one is Maya and the brown one is Barney.
    This is Bogart my 20lbs. cat

I have to transfer some more pictures to photobucket, I just figured out how to post pictures! Yipee!!!

• micke
    17 years ago

I had to reload this thread to get to see all the pics of the puppies, hate this durn dial up, boy those guys have gotten big! love your house, and of course was scoping out the houseplants! I need to slow down on that habit, counted em yesterday and the tally is now 62, I have plants in everyroom of the house including the boys bathroom and their bedrooms, it will be 61 in a few days however, I am losing my rubber tree at a alarming rate:(

bogartbaby, your cat is georgeous, I had a 28 lb cat that I had to give to my brother, he was black and white, he looked like a milk cow, and his head looked so tiny compared to his body. I love the big cats, used to adopt those from the humane society because they told me no one wanted the big ones, I had 4 at one time that were all over the 15lb mark, I think they are calmer then the smaller ones (I had a yellow one named Garfield)
    had the biggest one the longest, but when we moved we had one of our cats poisoned and I was scared to death that would happen to Elroy too, so I gave him up, there was no way I was going to be able to keep him in the house, he wanted out when he wanted out (he was used to being on the farm, coming and going as he pleased) so now he is happy (and alive) he gets to have his way, he loves to go out and hunt (I know gross)
    michelle

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Oh my god. I don't even really like dogs and those puppies are so cute!!!

Michelle, where do you keep your rubber tree in the winter vs. summer? I have mine in a spot where it gets extremely low light. It's dropping leaves but not really fast. I wonder if it will be dead by summer?

• galium
    17 years ago

{{gwi:1308854}}
    This is Sidney. I rescued her and took her to our local Humane Society. She was adopted this week by a loving family.
    Mariann

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Look what's in bloom!
    {{gwi:1314176}}
    {{gwi:1314177}}

Michelle, I can't even imagine what a 28lbs. cat would look like. Do you have any pic's? Bogart is a
    inside cat, king of the castle. I can't belive anyone can be so heartless to poisen an animal. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your kitty that way.

Mariann, you have a heart of gold! That is a beautiful cat, and I'm glad she found a loving family.

Deanie

• galium
    17 years ago

Quiz: These are the Funkiest seed pods I've ever seen. How about some guesses as to what tree they belong to. I will say that had I not known what the tree was I would never have guessed either. Give it a try ladies.
    {{gwi:1314178}}
    Mariann

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Funky is right Mariann.Oh My Goodness!! Look like something off of an old male tree? Oh I know that was *bad* but I just couldn't resist. Mariann I don't have a clue.I am really curious to find out though : )
    Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Angels!

Mariann - I am so pleased to hear that - that beautiful kitty was adopted. They are hard to adopt out around here. Most peoplejust throw them outside in the country somewhere. Makes me ill. Great work!

Deanie - What a breath of fresh air! LOVE the color. I have one but I don't think it is going to bloom. I have been treating it like a regualr houseplant. It is beautiful and green, with many leaves, but don't they need a dormant period of some type?
    I was afraid to let it go dormant, as I really don't know how, and it was Ricks grandmas. I would hate to kill it.
    None of my Christmas cactus look like they are going to bloom anytime soon :-(.

Nancy - rotflmbo! An old male tree! Ha...thats my guess as well. That or a witches nose tree (I know, there isn't such a thing). I am very curious as to know what the tree is. I may have to do some reearch.
    Great quiz Mariann!

OK, too much to do and no time to finish it all -

I'm sure I'll be back later!
    Hugs to all my angels -
    Tina

• galium
    17 years ago

Tina & Nancy you two are so funny. I needed a good laugh today or any day for that matter.
    Hint: It's not an evergreen. It's flowers are quite large.
    LOL
    Mariann

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Magnolia?

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, I have researched until I am blue in the face. I need more hints, LoL

Is it a tropical or deciduious? zone hardiness?
    Can it get quite large, or is it an ornamental?
    Does it bear edible fruit?

Oh boy I hope you come and check the forums soon. I wanna figure this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoL,
    Tina

• galium
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Someone got it! Julie you are right.. The tree is a Magnolia x soulangeana. This species doesn't bear many pods, that's why I only had a few. Creepy looking aren't they?
    Thank you ladies for playing.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• micke
    17 years ago

tastefullyjulie, My rubber tree was in extremly low light at first and the leaves started getting black spots on it and falling off, I have moved it to higher and higher light since then and nothing seems to be making a difference, poor thing.

bogartbaby, I do have pics of Elroy, but they would have to be scanned into my computer, and every time I try to post those they come out really tiny, I will do that on Monday, and I will try to mess with them and see if I can get them any bigger:)

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

This is at the entrance before you get to my house, I just love the colors. There are 3 lakes and my dogs take turns walking me around them every day!

We found this little guy on the way back from our walk.
    I better get back to my candy making! Talk to you soon.
    Deanie

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Little guy?

Candy, it's funny you should say that. I just got home from the store to get cookie and candy making supplies. But then I walked through the bulk aisle and saw all the holiday candy on sale so I decided to put all the merckens back and just buy CANDY! LoL

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

oh deanie, just spectacular scenery. what a view. i love the reflection on the water. these picures are just gorgeous (not the little guy though). so what kind of candy are you making? how much do you make?

julie, what does merkens go for in your area? i did get your email and thank you. not necessary, but i do appreciate it.

i had a rubber tree once, it was so beautiful. it immediately dropped leaf after leaf after leaf. my sister-in-law paid a small fortune for it at the time, it was massive. it just never came alive again. she never gave me another plant. i didn't kill it, it just died.

mariann, my guess would have been the rotting tooth plant. i have two of those trees. gorgeous specimens and a total PITA at the same time - just so messy while it's going through its stages.

here are my new thanksgiving pieces. the yellow/green leaf dish, tina was so kind enough to send me. it is just perfect for cranberry sauce and is such a welcome addition to my collection. tina, i just love it - how very thoughtful, it's from your heart and means so much to me.

{{gwi:1314186}}
    a full view of the tureen
    {{gwi:1314187}}
    and this is just because i liked it. no need, just want.
    {{gwi:1314188}}

maryanne

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

I almost forgot about this post. Maryanne, every year I tell myself I will only bake a few varieties of cookies, then I get carried away and end up with 8-10 diff. varieties. I am raising two termites(teenagers) after all !!! LOL
    Ahhh, gone are the good old days where you could eat anything you want and not gain an ounce. Now it's just "a moment on my lips, forever on my hips!"
    I did take some pictures of some of the stuff I made and it's in my computer somewhere, when I find it I will post.
    In the meantime here is my charlie brown tree that my DH picked up at Lowes for $19.95 he was so proud of it when he brought it home, I just did not want to hurt his feelings so I clipped here and there to make it presentable. Next year I'm going with him!

My Santa collection.

That's it for now, I'm going to look for those candy and cookie pictures.
    Wishing you all a Christmas filled with surprises!!!!!

Deanie

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deanie ~ Great pics and a beautiful house!
    Your tree looks fabulous! Dh and you did good! Not so Charlie Brown-ish aftr all huh!

Looking forward to your goodies pics!

Tina

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Tina, thanks and here are some pictures of some of the goodies.
    {{gwi:1314193}}
    This is Potato Candy
    {{gwi:1314194}}
    Pear Custard Bars
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/bogartbaby/Christmasgoodies005.jpg
    Chocolate Meringue Stars
    {{gwi:1314195}}
    Chocolate Pinwheels
    {{gwi:1314196}}
    Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
    {{gwi:1314197}}
    Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies
    {{gwi:1314198}}
    Raspberry Shortbread cookies
    I had to resize the pictures so I hope they show up o.k.

Erica, so glad to see you posting again. You have a beautiful family and Lindsey is such a doll. I also like the picture with you and the dog sleeping, had to take a second look to figure out what it was at first.LOL, what a baby.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh now I am reallyyyyyyyyyyyy hungry! Yummy
    Thank you for sharing :-)

Erica - Love all the pics!

Merry Christmas all -
    Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

What gorgeous homes all of you have and your decorations are amazing!

WOW,I do believe I just gained 10 lbs just by looking at those goodies.Time to pull out the bigger jeans here! LOL

Erica,What a lovely family you have.Love seeing your pics.

Have a Merry Christmas HortiPals : ) Nancy