Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

OBF Dec Shhhh !!!! Secret Santa!!!

Ho Ho Ho!!! Secret Santa is coming to town!Christmas is in the air.Time to let the(SMALL flat rate) boxes of holiday cheer fly.Have you been good this year? Think so? Well sign on up & wait for your box to arrive. Who's sending to who? Where is it coming from? When's it coming? I'll never tell.....

Names will be picked by my kiddos.

Your buddy's name & address will be e-mailed to you on the Nov 24th.

Mail out by the 10th(to avoid the rush!)

Do NOT post your confirmation #!!!Keep in safe place or e-mail it to me if your afraid you'll lose it.Be sure to update your trade page in case Santa wants to take a peek! Any food restrictions please let me know so I can pass it on.

If interested in joining OBF please e-mail veeja or brittneysgran.

later....April

Comments (150)

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Congrats Bunny! That was a hard contest.

Just booked flights to Michigan for the holidays! I'm very excited and the boys are really hoping to get to play in some snow. Last time we were up there in winter we brought Florida weather with us....it was quite green up there at Christmas two years ago.

Also, I am quite relieved to have received DS's MRI results back. I have aged ten years in the last month worrying about these headaches. Normal results though indicate probably migraines. He's only 7 (well almost 8)...I didn't know they could get migraines so young. What a relief though...I was fearing the worst as is usually the case with my anxiety problems.

I hope you all are enjoying your packages. It's a good thing I sat out...I haven't even started my shopping yet. I haven't been able to do much of anything with all these doc appointments. This is my big weekend though for decorating and shopping!

Theresa

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh wow, really? Thank you, April! I was just throwing guess out there. LOL Didn't expect to actually get one right. :O)

Theresa~ That is great news about your DS! :O) That has got to be such a relief for you to know it's something that can be cared for. We always hate to see the little ones suffering, but at least now you have a starting point and can work on finding something that works for him. I hope everything goes well for you & he starts feeling better soon.

Hubby is taking me to the lake today to do some hiking. Seems he thinks I should walk this baby out. Like I haven't been trying that all week?? :P Oh well, if it'll make him happy, I'll go hiking in the 20 degree weather. But HE has to make supper tonight, doggone it. LOL

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Melissa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great News!!! We are finally getting to transfer!!! Wooo Hooo!Looks like we are headed to Oregon!!!My parents,younger sister & my one & ONLY niece are there. So if after this swap is over & you don't see me around much you'll know why. I'm either packing up or following the U-haul with the 3 kids & our 2 large dogs in the van!!Lord help me!! LOL!!!

Anyone know how long daylily & iris tubers can be out of the ground? I plan on taking as much of my garden as possible!I think I'll dig them up, knock the dirt off, & put them each in paper lunch bags with their names on them. Think they will be ok?

Theresa~ glad everything is ok with your little one.Hate when they are hurting & you don't know why.I always think the worst when test have to be ran. Guess I'm a cup's half empty kind of person.

Remy ~ Have fun shopping! Vidler's looks like my kind of store.

I'll try to think up another game. Prize will be a six pack of paperwhite bulbs.

later...April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Question:Which state does my baby sister live in?

later...April

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi-Lovely Ladies-Want to post just a short one as I haven't done so for awhile & I want my partner to know that all(or most all) of the things I have picked out to send are laying on my dining room table ready to be placed in the box. Which way is it heading? I can't tell. Who will get it? I can't tell. (April is so unfair, isn't she). How long will it be before it gets there? I can't tell! (Blame April). Will the lady receiving like what is in the box? I can't tell! (Blame Margaret if she doesn't!) Have I enjoyed this RR? I CAN tell!!! Thank you so much for hosting April & your move sounds so exciting for you & family. When will it be? Please remember how stressful a move is & try to take that into consideration with it all. Especially with the holiday season here.

I have read all the posts & keep up with them but if I forget someone, please forgive.

Bunny--any little bunny yet? Did that hike do any good for the little one getting here? Surely with all the delays, you will come up with a name she can carry with her letting her know about all of this! Maybe some of these ladies have a suggestion for you!

Remy--loved the store pictures. Looked like it would take a one day shopping trip to be able to take it all in. Do you mind sharing where or what work you do. You have mentioned the long hours & tired of smiling. Makes me wonder, some kind of customer service or such. You sound like a very busy short, Italian lady that talks alot with her hands as you mentioned in one of your posts. I loved it! I would like to learn to cook Italian & if they ever have a class at our community college, I am going to sign up. Maybe you could give me some lessons on that!

Maryann--this is the 1st year that I have just about all my shopping done & wrapped. It is so nice not to have the stress of waiting until the last minute. Also made a lot of candy that I usually do, party mix but no cookies yet. My sister in Nevada saw the movie you mentioned & said it was very good but quite long. What do those guys know about movies anyway?

Shirley--Please be sure & let us know how your party turns out next Tuesday, will you. I am wanting to get my decorations up today or tomorrow. I am having friends over on Monday for a luncheon & others over Thursday for a brunch so would like that done before then. I know you have been having some bumps in the road this fall & praying things will get better. Please know you are in my thoughts & prayers.

Here is hugs for all of you lovely ladies-Blessings, Margaret

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

My Secret Santa package arrived!
    In the box was~ a cute felt Santa holding a bag of candy!
    Box of 5 Holiday ornaments (cute sculpted to look like clay)
    Pkg. of Lindor Truffles! Yum...
    Gooseberry Patch Christmas book
    Foot works package, things for a nice manicure!
    4 packages of white plastic plant markers (I love and use these so often to label my violets)
    Cute mini "White Ginger" bath set
    Seed bead jewelry kit (love crafty things)
    Cute snowman pin
    Magnolia body butter
    Flip flop photo frame

Thank you so much Secret Santa! I LOVE my package (and must of been very good this year, LOL)

Hugs,
    Deb

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Margaret, Congrats on being done with shopping! That is one huge feat! I thought I was doing well getting my decorating done yesterday. sniff sniff..... :(

Poor Bunny. The stress of the holidays can be so much while waiting for a baby to arrive. I know this as I had a Christmas baby almost eight years ago now but he came two weeks late and I know that it was because of stress. I know we are all so anxious to see pictures of her.

April, I will take a shot and say North Carolina....because that's where I would live if I could choose anywhere.

Theresa

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone. Sure is a cold one here and we received a little bit of snow. The winds are outrageous though. News report earlier suggested tying down anything that might blow away. Yesterday, although it was cold, it was a pleasure to do a little work outside, not as brutal as today. Amazing how quickly things change.

I did receive my secret Santa and WOW, itÂs a box packed with all kinds of goodies. I received:

*an assortment of seeds (right in time for winter sowing) *seed bags
    *wooden gardening girl, which my g-babe decided is hers
    *a silicon spatula (which she also confiscated so she could stir, stir, stir while she cooks - but actually put it in her toy stroller and wheeled it around)
    *silicon baking cups
    *pack of peat pods
    *an angel ornament that is etched with the saying "friends are the flowers that bloom in lifeÂs garden"
    *a metal butterfly welcome sign (my grandbaby just loves "booflies")
    *floral nightlight
    *gardening gloves
    *potholders
    *a set of scented candles that are poured in mini flower pots
    *"champagne" bubbles
    *a book of gifts from a jar for soups, chilis and other mixes, complete with raffia and fabric to decorate the jars
    *and a bag full of daliah eyes/bulbs

Thanks "Santa". I believe I know who sent to me because I think I recognize your writing :-). If so, you sent me dahlias once before and my goodness, do they flourish like mad. Looking forward to these!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Maryanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Theresa~Nope not North Carolina.

After a few more guess, I'll give a hint.

Maryanne & Deb~sounds like you both were a good girls! Great boxes.

All you Secret Santas,feel free to let your SS know who you are once they have received their boxes.

later...April

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

congrats melissa on the game win.

april, i'm want to say oregon since you mentioned your "younger" sister lives there, not sure she's the baby though, so i'll guess washington state.

i believe deb was my secret santa. am i right?

i have my box pretty much together. it will get mailed some time this week. i was waiting on some inside information LOL and it just came through.

maryanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maryanne~Nope not Washington.My younger sister does live in Oregon,but we are looking for the baby of the family!

Hint~Think really warm & humid summers.

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I'll guess Florida.

Sue G.

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

new jersey?

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Alabama!

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I had to post just Alabama before since I seem to take so long writing these post when I have to go back and look at other's responses, lol. I remember when I had April as a swap partner, I sent her an Alabama beanie baby because she was originally from there or loved it there, can't remember which.

I had a great time at a 1 year old's birthday yesterday. You should of seem that kid with the cake. I've never seen a kid go so crazy jamming it in their mouth! I've seen a lot of piggy little kids before, lol.
    We also drove out in the evening with the nephews to the country to pick up a victrola for Gary. (When he dies, I'm having one heck of a sale, lol.) We also took the kids to the Fatima Shrine. They really do up the Christmas Lights!

Melissa,
    Congrats on the win!

Theresa,
    Excellent news about your son! I'm sure you were so worried. Though migraines so young, yuk.

Margaret,
    I'm a meal coach which doesn't make much sense unless you've been to a Wegmans Supermarket. It is the best grocery store chain in the country. When out of towners walk in, you can tell because they are looking around in awe. Anyway, I wear a chef's coat and have a mini kitchen in the produce section with a Viking range(I want one at home.) I help people with food, I cook and give out samples, I teach the kids about fruits and veggies once a week, etc. It is an odd but fun job. Though by the time I get home, I don't want to look remotely happy, lol.
    Maryanne being modest probably won't say anything, but she is an excellent cook! Also a short Italian woman too, lol.

April,
    I'm glad to see you so excited about the transfer. I'm sure it will be wonderful there.

Maryanne,
    It was sure cold leaving work tonight! The coldest it has been so far. Gary made a fire and baked a pie. It was nice to come home to a warm house.
    Have a goodnight everyone,
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

i can attest to wegman's. the first time i walked in to one, i thought i could live there. it goes well beyond supermarket.

yes, i am a short italian woman and i've been told once or twice that i am an excellent cook LOL (throwing out the modesty, remy!). you certainly sound like you had a wonderful weekend and what a wonderful addition to gary's collection. a lot of times when people order first birthday cakes, they always get a "side" cake just for the birthday celebrant. lol at the piggly little kids you've seen! they grow into piggy adults, sadly.

blazing the oregon trail are you, april? good luck with the move. do you have a large house to box up? is it on the market already? best yet, does your hub's company cover your moxing expenses? and if you are renting a u-haul (or similar rental truck), check with your personal automobile carrier to make certain your policy will covr you for a rental truck (not all do) in the event there's a mishap. from uhaul, purchase the supersafe move coverage...make sure it's the super and not just regular safemove. before you pull out of their lot, check the truck thoroughly with the rental guy - and don't forget to check the lift gate, and at each stop you make, check your truck. they have a way of making any little mishap the customer's fault.

theresa, what wonderful news and such relief for your family. what is the treatment plan recommended at your son's age? some homeopathic things you can try are scents. lavendar is one of the most calming scents. bergamont is another one that has been scientifically proven to soothe and just smelling it has an effect on brainwaves. candles, incense, oils - these would be very helpful to him. foods can trigger them as well. nuts; most cheese; peppermints; certain beans; wheat; bananas; salt and caffeine, etc.

Melissa, do you have names picked out for the baby yet? Are you aware of the baby's sex? I just love newborns - their cry, their smell. what a delight.

one last guess - louisianna?

maryanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maryanne~
    Louisianna is correct.Thanks for the tip on the U-haul too.
    Like many....Our home now is being foreclosed on. It will be sold to the highest bidder the 1st Tuesday in Jan.We listed it with a realtor when we started stuggling with the payments,but with all the homes around us already being foreclosed on & being resold for 50,000 less than ours,we didn't have a single showing.We really got more home than we could afford & now we will pay for it.You live & learn. This will be a lesson we won't forget for QUITE awhile......

Remy~ I still have that beanie! I just packed it up.I lived in Alabama till I was 21.Got married moved to MI for 8 years,we've been here in GA for almost 3 years,& now headed to Oregon.Taylor said she's tired of changing schools.I told her I plan on staying in Oregon for quite awhile.

Bunny~WHERE is that baby????

later....April

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh, April...I'm sorry you're losing your house that way! We lost our first house through a bankruptcy. It was a big relief on the one hand (we had SO many dr bills & other stuff, we couldn't keep up), but on the other...you feel a bit like a failure. Mixed emotions, to be sure! But you're right...it just makes you more aware and cautious the next time around. It took us nearly 5 years to be willing to jump back in the home owner market, and even then.....we weren't ready. LOL
    Wishing you LOTS of luck with your move! I hope it brings only good things for your family from here on out!
    A new start! YAY! :O)

Congrats to Maryanne!

No baby yet (obviously, LOL) but will keep everyone updated. I'm getting anxious...just wanting everything to be finished already. I HATE not being able to make holiday plans! Or even plans to be able to run errands like I normaly do. I feel SO unorganized!! :O)

Have a great Monday, everyone!
    Melissa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Hang in there Melissa and get as much sleep as you can. Maybe we should take bets on which day the baby will come.

I say this Wednesday! In fact, I will make it a contest if you don't mind me jumping in to do so. Whoever guesses the baby's birthday correct gets a prize from me. If it's Wednesday, I will give myself a prize :)

April, I am so sorry you are losing your house. What a difficult ordeal. I hope you enjoy your fresh new start in Oregon. What is bringing you to the complete opposite side of the country?

Maryanne, Thanks for the tips on the scents. I will definitely try them. Right now they just have me keeping a headache journal until we get in to see the neurologist who will probably just give me some handouts on migraines and say the same thing...avoid triggers when you figure out what they are. So far, the only thing I have figured is maybe lack of sleep and hunger.

Well, off to play chauffeur for the evening.

Stay warm ladies.

Theresa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Theresa~Most of my family is there. I'll guess Thursday for the ETA of Bunny's baby!

later...April

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Maryanne nice to see you posting. how is that little girl doing ?Bunny how about abigail ?or do you already have one ?have you tried those jumping jacks yet ?Maryellen I took the cd you sent in my dh's car when he saw the name he asked if you were a wood nymph. I told him you could be you were pretty special. hugs to all my bloomin friends
    carol

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Theresa~ You are too funny! :O)
    I'll join in and promise a prize to the one who can guess the weight as well! (or the closest to it!)

Maybe this will make the waiting go faster!

Melissa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My guesses:
    ~Thursday
    ~9 lbs 7oz(sorry but he/she has been in there for awhile!)

later...April

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I had fun shopping at Vidler's today. I found an iron crane on sale that I'm putting in the garden. I should of taken a pic. It is antique white and the body is filigreed. I also found my swap partner something! I'll be mailing tomorrow.

Congrats Maryanne!

I'm going to guess Friday and 8lbs. 6 oz.

April,
    Sorry about the home. I am happy though that you are happy to start anew.

Carol,
    Where have you been? Under a pile of florist's foam?

Theresa,
    I just remembered from work. Some children with migraines have gluten intolerance aka Celiac Disease. Check out the link.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Celiac Migraine Info

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Gosh Melissa you are getting closer to my Birthday. I do hope that little one gets here before the 24th for your sake.
    I will guess Friday----8 lbs 2 oz

April-Sorry to hear the news about your house but glad you will be living near family. I live close to all my family and it's really nice. When I played in the fields here when I was a child I never dreamed my house would be built in one of them one day. My daughter even lives right below me.

Theresa-I know you must have worried yourself sick until you found out your Son's problem was migraines. I have always had lots of headaches and am just amazed when someone tells me they never have headaches. Maybe someday you can retire in North Carolina like most do who live in Florida. They have homes here and in Florida (that must be the life). If I get to live in Florida when I retire it will probably be in a camper but that is alright. I will live here in the Spring, Summer and Fall and go to Florida in the Winter.

Remy-I definetely need to visit you soon, Vidlers and now I hear about Wegmans. My cookie party is getting closer. I meant to clean and cook all day today but went shopping with my DD. Did pick up some things I will need for serving my guests.

Margaret thank you for the prayers and I will let you know how the cookie party turns out. I really need to get off this computer and go make my punch for it has to be frozen before tomorrow night.

DH's Sister has lots of pecan trees on her property and always gives us the big brown grocery bags full of pecans. I was sure dreading cracking out all those pecans. Well we took them to a hardware store in Georgia today and they had a machine that cracks the shell on them. They are really easy to get the pecan out then. They only charged us 30 cents a pound to do them which was well worth it. Sure wish they could do black walnuts the same way.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Oh Remy I see where you guessed Friday while I was typing mine out.
    I will take Saturday

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

melissa, what is/was your actual due date?

theresa, excellent idea for a game.

april, sorry to hear of your troubles. i'm sure oregon will be a fresh and rewarding new beginning. this economy really needs to turn around and i certainly hope soon. it's so disturbing to see pages of foreclosures in the newspapers, hear of constant lay-offs, etc. i haven't held steady work since december 2004.

remy, sounds like a great find. from the pix of that store, i believe i would find me a thing or two.

shirley, i agree - go for a visit. remy lives in an area with plenty to do and see and she's not too bad a hostess and tour guide if i do say so myself, and you would certainly enjoy her gardens.

carol, wonderful to see you. my g-babe is just fine. - she's in that terrible two's stage and what a shriek - high pitched mermaid girlie squeal. absolutely deafening.

i sure hope your cookie party is a great success, shirley. looking forward to hearing all about it.

mary ellen, did you have your surgery yet?

wouldn't it be something if melissa is at the hospital right now having the baby? i went one day after my due date and even that one extra day was such a PITA to be just that - one more day!

maryanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

My actual due date was Nov 28th, I'm REALLY late. I'm already dilated to 5cm, so I'm halfway there. LOL

My other babies were all late too:
    #1- 6lbs 4oz, 4 days late
    #2- 8lbs 4oz, 3 days late
    #3- 8lbs 12oz, 5 days late, but I was dilated to 9 for 2 weeks before (interesting story & pregnancy).
    #4- 9lbs, 2+ weeks late (I stopped counting at 2, I got discouraged)
    #5- 7lbs, 10 days late

Maybe that will help everyone with their guessing. :O)

It is looking so rainy & yucky here. We had a bit of rain last night, with TONS of thunder. We don't really need the rain, and the kids (and hubby!) are disappointed that it wasn't cold enough to be snow. A cold front is supposed to come in today, though, and turn everything into snow/sleet/yucky stuff. (yay!....NOT!)

I hope everyone has a great day!
    Melissa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Remy, I had never seen that info on migraines and gluten intolerance. My dad has self-diagnosed gluten intolerance so I will definitely check into that and maybe ask the doc for a screening. Lord help that little boy if he can't have wheat anymore though. He is a carb addict!

Melissa, Wow! I didn't know you had run so late before. I am feeling sorry for you but of course it's all worth that little bundle of joy. I will gues 9 lbs even as my DS was.

Theresa

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    My secret santa pkg. is on its way. Hopefully someone will find out that they've been a good girl in a couple days : )

Shirley,
    If you ever get me as a swap partner in the fall, you can always just mail me a box of pecans, nothing else in it, and I would be very happy. I love them! I buy a bag on my way back from Key Largo every year. Lol, I'm imagining me opening a swap box and getting all excited since it is filled with pecans and Gary sitting there shaking his head at me.

Mellen,
    Like Maryanne, I'm wondering about you too.

Melissa,
    Maybe your doctor was really wrong, lol. It is rainy and yucky here too. It could be worse for you though. Imagine it being August and 9+ months pregnant.
    Remy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Remy, I have christmas greens and floral foam all over me and three fingers are painted gold, getting real busy. Bunny baby will be here saturday 8lbs 13 oz. has anyone else noticed mixed nuts in shells seem to no longer have pecans in them ?I need a pecan fix. I thought work would be slower this year because of the economy but we are swamped. when I had migranes they were due to bright light. sunglasses helped. I quit having them after my stroke and surgery. in my case more blood to the brain made them go away. terrible two's well named !!hugs to all
    carol

• mellen
    15 years ago

April, received a beautiful Santa box from you yesterday. THANKS!!!! I will post soon.

Surgery was last Tuesday. All went well.
    mary Ellen

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

sunday - 7 pounds, 12 ounces

melissa, do you deliver quick or is your labor drawn out?
    do you have names? do you know what sex?

carol, i do notice the difference in the mixed nuts. they are always a staple from thanksgiving through the new year.

shirley, that's great that the store cracked the nuts. is that something new or has the shop been doing it for a while?

mellen, nice to see ya, even if it was only the back of your head LOL. hope you are not in too much pain and you have help.

does anyone here still use an antenna for their tv? have you purchased one of those converter boxes? how is it working for you?

i'm still working on my box. do we have a mail by date?

go figure, it was as cold as anything the last few days and today, albeit a drizzle, the air is just wonderful. it's almost warm.

be well
    maryanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Update on the SS boxes:

Mellen~received
    Remy~
    Brittneysgran~
    Margaret~
    Bunny~
    Sue~
    Deb~received
    Dianne~
    Carol~received
    Dirt~received
    Earthly~received

I posted the mailout date for the 10th(why did I pick a Thursday? That's really odd.Wonder if I was looking at the right month? LOL!!)I understand this is a busy time, so send as soon as you can.

Rainy here.We should find out today which store in Oregon he is getting to transfer to!We are hoping for the Eugene one as it's the closest to my parents,but beggers can't be choosey!(Finally made appointment for the hot stone treatment,I go Friday morning. I feel sorry for the poor lady...I go barefoot all summer when in the yard. Can we say Hobbit feet? LOL!!

later...April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

After looking at the calender I see that TODAY is the 10th! Not Thursday.I can't claim no coffee as excuse as I had my 2 mugs already.

later...April

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Earthly I purchased the box, if you go to google and type in converter box it will send you to a site where the government gives you a cupon for 40.00 off the box which makes it cost 10.00 at walmart. noticed Shirley already had saturday so monday 9lbs 13 oz. sorry bunny but I was gonna guess 12 lbs. If any of you know Gloria on tdl, she had a heart attack and is in the hosp. please pray for her, if you don't know her, please include her in your prayers as a favor to me. hugs carol

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Melissa hasn't posted since yesterday morning. Maybe that's good news! We're thinking of you Bunny!

Carol, I will say a prayer for Gloria. I do hope she recovers fully.

April, We moved alot when my husband was still in the military. Four times in ten years....It was always exciting to be going to a brand new place. I wouldn't want to move now that the kids are older but it can be fun.

Hope all are staying warm :)

Theresa

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

*sigh*
    No news yet, Theresa. :O( Still big & round here.
    Nothing has happened yet, and the last thing I heard was "Let's give it another week or 2."
    AGH.
    So evidently, NO ONE knows when I'll be popping. And no one WANTS to help me pop. LOL

Carol~ 12 lbs??!! OW! No, thank you....I think I'll pass. :O) I WAS hoping for a nice, small baby..it would make things so much easier!..but after cooking for so long, I think this one will be bigger. Dang it.
    I hope Gloria has a full recovery...I'll be praying for her.

I hope everyone else is staying safe & having a great week. It's almost Friday! Yippee! :O)

Melissa

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Mellen,
    Glad you are doing well! : )

Melissa,
    "Let's give it another week or 2." Oh NO!! I'm hoping for tomorrow, lol.

April,
    "Hobbit feet" Lol. Please give a report on the hot stone treatment tomorrow.

Theresa,
    Now I'm really glad I mentioned the gluten! If it is that, it is pain food wise, but at least there would be no more migraines.

Carol,
    They've been getting skimpier and skimpier with the pecans over the years, so I'm not surprised to hear there are none. I've always cheated though and scooped a few into the mixed when I buy. I know I'm bad.

Maryanne,
    Gary has that small tv in the kitchen.We did have it hooked up to the cable, but we got the dish and now there is no connection. So he'll need to get one of those boxes or it will be useless.
    Melissa must of missed your questions. I blame it on the tummy, lol. She knows it is a girl and has a list of names. I'm hoping it is the excellent name I suggested, no not Remy, LOL. I don't know if she delivers easy or not, lol.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Yes, Maryanne....blame it on the hormones. I REALLY didn't mean to ignore your questions!! I'm so sorry... :O)
    Yes, it's *supposed* to be a girl. We've got a name picked out, just deciding on a second name to go with it. We're torn between 2 names.

I also have really quick labors, and most have been very easy. I only had problems with one, and that was because she came too fast, and I lost too much blood too quickly. TMI? :O)
    My longest labor was 3 hours, and the shortest was 15 minutes. TOTAL, start to finish.
    So I'm hoping for a nice easy one this time around.

Remy~ And a quick one! I REALLY don't want to wait another 2 weeks. UGH! The baby is fine, healthy & strong heartbeat...it's just ME that's miserable. LOL

I don't want to worry anyone, so I want to let everyone know that I've got a really BUSY weekend ahead. I may not post for a day or two. Hubby's got a company party to attend, so we'll be getting ready for that. Hopefully, I have the baby as well this weekend.....LOL

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Melissa

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Melissa, hang in there. Maybe it will be this weekend.

April, I hope you enjoyed your stone treatment today. That sounds awesome.

Congrats Maryanne on winning the last contest.

I will guess Tuesday for the baby's arrival and I will say 8lbs 8oz.

I sent my package out on Monday so it should have been received it by now. It shows it was deliverd on the usps website. I hope there wasn't a mix up anywhere.

I will keep Gloria in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope to finish up my Christmas shopping this weekend. These past few weeks have just flown by and Christmas will be here before you know it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Dianne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello All!!

Still no word as to when & where we are headed.And DH bonus hasn't shown up yet soooo I'm starting to sweat a bit a far as shopping for the kiddos.Too much stress...

I did finally get the spa thing out of the way.Stone treatment was great.Plus I didn't cut the lady with my feet.LOL!!She said she had seen MUCH worse.Poor thing!While getting it done I felt guilty,even though it was gift from LAST year, that money could have went for something else....Isn't mommy guilt great!
    Melissa~ hoping that the baby decides to show up before Santa does! Don't do too much this weekend.Anyone have Wed as EDA yet? If not Wed & still 9lbs 7oz

Remy~ just so you know....my mouse is now ready for 2009. LOL!!

Mary Ellen~ Glad your surgery went well & that box arrived safe & sound.

Maryanne & Bunny~ hope to get the prizes mailed before Christmas!

Dianne~hopefully your SS will post soon & let you know that your box made it. I know how bad the wait is till they say it's there.I think that is the worst part about the swaps!

Carol~ did your pooch ever show up?

Margaret~hope you had great times at your both your luncheon & brunch

Shirley~ how many different types of cookies were there at the cookie exchange?

Hoping that I didn't leave anyone out...Ok I off to bed. Night all!

~April~

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I received my WONDERFUL box from my Secret Santa

Ice Follies daff bulbs
    and
    Pricilla Glad Bulbs
    Hershey Hot Cocoa Mix
    A reindeer mini stocking stuffed with candy canes
    Really tasty cookies (I know because I ate ALL of them LOL!)
    Pot Holders (you really must be Santa because I was about to put that on my "want" list for Christmas!)
    Bath and Body Works Orchid Hand Soap (smells great)
    A snowman candle holder
    cat play balls (they've been rolling them all over the place)
    animal print emery board (my DD took that right away)
    Moisturizer (can't ever have enough of this)
    Carmex lip balm(handy this time of year)
    A big candy cane and
    a beautiful snowman stocking

Thank you so much for everything Santa!

• mellen
    15 years ago

As I said above, April sent me a beautiful box full of gifts. Here is what she sent:
    -glass jar filled with potpourri and lights with lace around the top of the jar. Plug in the lights, and it is very pretty and smells wonderful!
    -the most AWESOME pair of socks that I have ever had--they are aloe-infused! They are red with white around the top. S-O-F-T and smell heavenly. April, I just LOVE these!!!
    -a very sturdy hand shovel
    -DARLING key holder--it's a little brown and white puppy wearing a Santa hat--push a button and it says, "Ah, Merry Christmas, HaHaHa!" LOLOL
    -2 sparkly snowflake scented soaps in a pretty Christmas bag-1 is chocolate scented and the other is peppermint scented-Ummmm...
    -2 snowman and cardinal potholders with a matching dish towel
    -HUGE plant markers
    -Russel Stover Triple Chocolate Mousse bars!
    -chocolate peppermint bread mix-I can't wait to try this!
    -Andes creme de menthe thins-I may share a few of these with my mother as they are her favorite.
    - tin of holiday spiced tea
    -a BEAUTIFUL sparkly angel ornament. April, I love her!
    -AND 2 French vanilla candles that smell WONderful

April, I can't believe how much you were able to pack into this 1 box! I Love it ALL and am very appreciative of the thought and care that you put into choosing the gifts. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas.
    Mary Ellen

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Hi all....A quick note to stop in and say hi. We're in the middle of a soccer tournament this weekend and I'm also trying to squeeze my shopping in.

Shopping will be a little thinner this year. I made a huge mistake on booking our plane tickets. Long story short, I booked our return flight for January 30th instead of December 30th so to change all four tickets was $900! The tickets that I thought I'd got such a good deal on...well....I'm just sick about it but I'm moving past it. Very expensive mistake though. So I'm trying to penny pinch where I can to make up for it. I know.... there are worse things.

Looks like everyone is getting very nice boxes. I'm glad you're having fun with this month's swap.

So, no word on Bunny. How far out do our guesses go at this point? Tuesday? Don't forget....a prize from me to who guesses the day correct.

Despite some of the difficulties right now, I hope everyone gets a chance to slow down and appreciate all the wonders of this time of year and to embrace the reason for the season.

Theresa

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Wow, those are GREAT boxes! Everyone is putting such thought into them....it's nice to see! :O)

No change in anything here. I had contractions & backache all day yesterday, and thought FOR SURE it'd be last night. *sigh*
    My son remarked this morning "Yeah, I've given up on you EVER having a baby".
    Thanks son. LOL
    I told him.."Just you wait, I'll have it Christmas morning & ruin it for everyone!" (meaning...no gifts can be opened until mom is feeling "up" to it...)

Anyway...The Christmas party went OK. I posted some pics of the kids over on the MNF thread, if anyone wants to take a gander. :O)
    I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far!

Melissa

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Stopping in to say hello.
    Poor Bunny, no baby yet. You sure will be extra happy to lay eyes on her.
    Theresa, how horrible about the extra charges.
    April, sorry to hear about your home, but it's great that you are excited about the move.
    Carol, I guess it's a good thing that work is busy but when it is, you come home very tired. At least that's how I am.
    To anyone I didn't mention, thinking of you as well!
    Once Christmas wraps up it will be time for winter sowing. I saved more jugs this year so hopefully Santa will bring my potting soil and I will be all set!
    Jeanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The good news...the bonus showed up..the bad news....we are buying a power steering AND water pump for hubby's car with it.Grrrrr.... I am so ready for the new year!!!

Theresa~sorry for such high fees. They really do make a killing on tickets this time of year.

Mary Ellen~It was a real puzzle trying to make everything fit!Had to hide the keychain from the 2 year old!I need to go back to get her one as a stocking stuffer.Also....I didn't know the socks were scented!

Sue~sounds like your SS did a great job.I laid out some butter & eggs earlier,to bake some cookies. Now I gotta decide which ones to bake.Thinking snickerdoodles......

Jeanne~ do you sow any on the solstice? I know alot sow a few on the day.Not sure if I'll be doing any yet. Depends on what we hear this week.

Bunny~ WOW!! Can't belive how your kiddos have grown.Still sending baby karma your way!My sister was born on Christmas(the gift I couldn't return LOL!)
    I was born in April hence the name, younger sister born
    x-mas they named her Holli, & baby sister was supposed to be a boy they named her Toni!

later all...April

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

April,
    I tried sowing seeds on the Solstice last year and none of them grew - it seemed like I had the best luck with what I sowed from mid-January on so I will begin to sow in mid-Jan. this year. Once we get all the Christmas stuff put away I will go through my seeds and plan what to sow. It always used to seem like there was nothing going on from New Year's until Valentine's Day and now winter sowing fills in that void.
    Hope if some have never tried it, you give it a try this year.
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I received a box today from a special Santa! :O)
    Here's what she sent me:

~A pretty Christmas card (I love the picture!)
    ~A Cute candy cane cozy- it's a stocking that fits over a candy cane- with a candy cane included & a gummy "santa" bear inside the stocking!
    ~A baby's first Christmas picture frame ornament!
    ~A pretty glass bunny ornament!
    ~A sunflower notepad!
    ~A cookies & cocoa for Santa ornament!
    ~A gingerbread cinnamon candle! Mmmm!
    ~A jar of pepper jam! This is so pretty & I bet it'll be yummy!
    ~A jar of jostaberry jam! This is a new one for me!
    ~A cute bunny trivet! He looks like a spoon caddy, so that's what he'll be used for! :O)
    ~A couple of packets of hand wipes for kids & a pack of snowman tissues! How cute!

Thank you SO MUCH, Santa! I love everything & appreciate the time you took to choose everything to send. You're such a sweetie!! :O)

Melissa