Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

Heat Miser/Snow Miser- Fire and Ice Swap! Dec-IE

bonechickchris
14 years ago

Welcome to the Incredible Edibles December Holiday Swap!The theme this month is Heat Miser and Snow Miser aka "Fire and Ice"!

I am sure you remember the Christmas-time show, starring the Heat Miser and Snow Miser brothers, along with Santa Clause! We will be using Heat Miser's "Fire" and Snow Miser's "Ice" as the theme for our seeds!

What a great theme for the season!

For Fire you could send seeds with the words: fire, flame, hot, heat, blazing, volcano, inferno or are hot & spicy or are bright red. For the Ice, you could send things that have: ice, snow, crystal, icicle, white or are white in color. You could also apply phrases like "Cool as a cucumber" or "Fiery as a habanero."

Please include 6-7 packets of seeds for your partner, along with a holiday themed extra or two!

Partners will be matched up by December 4th, a little sooner or later, depending on the turn out. Please have your partner's package sent out to them by Christmas!

So let us all have some Holiday fun!!!!

Christy

PS~

Check out the link!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow Miser and Heat Miser!

Comments (31)

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Whoo Hoo! I'm in! I've been waiting ever so patiently for this swap! And really I have been a good girl this year, so Santa (or Heat Miser or Snow Miser) should be good to me. Rofl!

Christy, I hope you're napping.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

A few trivia questions for you!

What year was "The Year Without a Santa Claus" made?

What are the names of the two elves sent from the North Pole?

Who is Heat Miser's & Snow Miser's mother?

Who does the voice for Santa Claus?

What's the name of the town that the two elves go to to find Christmas spirit & belief in Santa Claus?

Which reindeer winds up in the dog pound?

What song from this movie did Elvis Presley also sing?

Ok, I think that'll keep you busy after signing up for the swap.
    :)

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Okay that was my FAVORITE christmas program growing up....

I have all the answers, but don't want to spoil it for anyone else lol. So I'll wait to see if anyone else gets them ;)

question #1 What year was "The Year Without a Santa Claus" made? 1974

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Bump! Toni and I CAN'T be the only fans of A Year Without a Santa Claus?!!

• sgtdraven
    14 years ago

Mother earth is the mom

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Ok, so far for trivia answers we have:

What year was "The Year Without a Santa Claus" made? 1974. Good job Toni!

What are the names of the two elves sent from the North Pole?

Who is Heat Miser's & Snow Miser's mother? Mother Nature / Mother Earth. Good job Sgtdraven!

What's the name of the town that the two elves go to to find Christmas spirit & belief in Santa Claus?

Ok, lurkers we still have a few more trivia questions and there's still lots of time to sign up! The Year without a Santa Claus will be on Dec 1 on ABC Family.

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We had it here at my house. My feet hurt tremedously from standing and cooking the last 3 days! LOL! And then, I have the DH's birthday tomorrow! Not even time to recover! LOL!

Thanks for livening up the thread with the trivia! I am definitely into the older Christmas movies more so than the new ones. I am a "Charlie Brown's Christmas" girl! LOL! Well, I was named after Christmas by my dad you know!

My dad and I have a huge collection of "Scrooge", A Christmas Carol, movies. HE must have every different actor, cartoon, musical, etc. of it on tape or dvd. My favorite version is the Alister Simms version. If you have never seen this, you should all take the time to see it. IT was originally black and white, but there is a colorized version. I know it is old, but it was made before Christmas became so comercialized, and gives you that good old Christmas feeling.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Christy, have you seen the new "A Christmas Carol" with Jim Carrey? I've heard mixed reviews.

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Okay...I'll guess one more....The two elves are Jingle and Jangle.

Oh I love ALL of the Christmas Charol shows. And yes, the original is AWESOME!!!!! We have it on DVD.

I've seen the Jim Carey one, while it's good, it will never compare to the original.

Love all of the older Christmas programs!!!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Jingle & Jangle is correct! Ok, so far for trivia answers we have:

What year was "The Year Without a Santa Claus" made? 1974.

What are the names of the two elves sent from the North Pole? Jingle & Jangle

Who is Heat Miser's & Snow Miser's mother? Mother Nature / Mother Earth.

Ok, lurkers we still have a few more trivia questions and there's still lots of time to sign up!

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The year w/o a santa was a cartoon with a mouse and a clock, right? I know all of the Christmas movies/shows, I am just bad at remembering names/

Either that, or it was some depressing movie I remember as a kid, not a cartoon, but a real movie, where this family lives in the Norht Pole, and they have a dog sled or something, and it had something to do with not believing? I think it was an 80's movie. Maybe someone knows the name. My dad has it on tape if I need to check it! He has every Christmas special/movie/cartoon recorded! LOL! Along with all Giants football games (just don't tell the NFL, LOL!) I know, a weird combo!

I was planning on seeing the Carey version, along with my son, as his first movie. I hope it is not dissapointing. I do like to see Christmas stuff kept in the traditional form and not the commercial one, so I hope they keep the same theme.

Another favorite that is not on much is The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant. Ever see it?

I can go on for hours about our movie watching traditions of watching Christmas - realated stuff, and all of that! LOL! Like we NEVER watch the Alister Simms version of A Christmas Carol until Christmas Eve. at Midnight. And we have a window to watch it from then until like the end of January and then my dad will not allow me to view it until the next Christmas EVE! LOL!

If you are Italian, you can figure out the Christmas Eve. at Midnight traditions (although I have gotten away from the variety of fish and eel you are suppose to eat on Christmas Eve. Blah!) LOL!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Christy it was animated... Santa wakes up with a cold and is told by his doctor that he should make some changes to his routine on Christmas. He decides to take a holiday, and it becomes up to the elves, Jingle and Jangle, to search the world, finding people who still believe in Santa Claus. The elves run into trouble along the way, when they get lost in *town, a small town in the Southern United States and their baby reindeer One reindeer is mistaken for a dog and sent to the pound, where she sickens in the heat. The skeptical Mayor of *town agrees to free the reindeer if Jingle and Jangle prove they are Santa's magical elves by making it snow in *town on Christmas Day.

Blanked out the trivia answers ;)

OMG- I used the Fairy Tale Pumpkin with an amazing recipe for a pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving. Not only does everyone want the recipe, but they want seeds to the pumpkin. It was AMAZING! I've been making sweet potato pie for TG for quite a while now, cause pumpkin just gets a bit old. Well I've been asked to make pumpkin from now on with the heirloom pumpkin. DH was amazed at the flavor. I have the recipe and seed if anyone wants either.

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

The Song that Elvis sung is 'Blue Christmas'...I think

and is the location South Town??

And I love the movie/movies of 'A Christmas Carol'..the Alistair Sim one is fantastic, but I prefer the original with Reginald Owens and still have the VHS around here somewhere, although I have nothing to play it on LOL.There is also a new-ish version by Patrick Stewart...I love that one(I guess since I love Star Trek TNG this is a short leap for me LOL)
    I finally got around to reading the short story and I am making that my new tradition...reading it during the week before Christmas( I have had an antique of the book for years but finally bought one for reading)
    There are so many fantastic Christmas movies and animations that I could watch all year...but my kids wont let me LOL!!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I love watching lots of the Christmas specials! I saw the Grinch That Stole Christmas yesterday? the day before? Still looking forward to The Year Without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Carol (not particular about what version!)

We're making good progress on the trivia. I think there's two questions left now. Toni, love the "editing" on your description of " The Year Without a Santa Claus". :)

Ok, so far for trivia answers we have:

What's the name of the town that the two elves go to to find Christmas spirit & belief in Santa Claus? South Town

What song from this movie did Elvis Presley also sing? Blue Christmas

Ok, lurkers we still have a few more trivia questions and there's still lots of time to sign up!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Okay...more trivia...lol cause this one is almost done.....

Bob McFadden is the voice for Santa Clause.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Ooooo! First strike! Bob McFadden was the voice of Jingle the elf!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Ohhhh nooooo!!!!!!!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Read my video wrong...lol...it's Mickey Rooney!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Mickey Rooney is right! I thought that one would be the toughest to get. I read somewhere he was not first pick for the voice of Santa Claus. However, the article neglected to say who was!

So, who was that reindeer that was captured by the dog catchers in Southtown?

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ahh, Regynold Owen, another goodie!

But even OLDER is Symore Hicks version, 1935 I believe! There is even said to be a silent movie one earlier, but I have to ask my dad, he knows them ALL! LOL!

How about Basil Rathbone, another oldie, I think from the 1950's.

One of the newer versions, well, not new, but 1980's, is George C Scott. I like that one!

But, Simms is still my favorite! I love towards the end when he realizes what happened and is all ready to do the turkey/money out the window scene, just before he is walking down the stairs and he is so jolly that he is scaring the crap out of his maid! LOL! And then he ruffles his hair to freak her out! LOL! You would have to see it to understand! LOL!

Cartoon wise, my favorite, with no comparison to any other cartoon is the Mr. MaGoo Christmas Carol. THe music is fantastic. I always thought that if they were to put a play of A Christmas Carol on Broadway, and use the music from this version, it would be a hit! I wish I was better at arranging music, or I would try to do it myself at one of the theaters I work at playing.

• susancol
    14 years ago

Ooh, Ooh, pick me I know!

The baby reindeer was Vixen!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Susan is right! I'll have to come up with some more holiday trivia over the weekend!

Who does the voice for Santa Claus? Mickey Rooney

What's the name of the town that the two elves go to to find Christmas spirit & belief in Santa Claus? South Town

Which reindeer winds up in the dog pound? Vixen

What song from this movie did Elvis Presley also sing? Blue Christmas

Ok, lurkers there's still time to sign up!

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Seymore Hicks did The movie Scrooge in 1935...and he also did the silent movie version of I think The Christmas Carol... I think my parent may have had that on VHS cuz I know I saw that video cartridge somewhere. I used to be able to go to my Dad for these kinds of things as he was the biggest Christmas movie buff I knew ...especially The Christmas Carol...we used to joke every year that he should send a copy of it to his boss LOL!!

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Ackk...there is an even older version that I just found with Thomas Ricketts as Scrooge...I was not even aware of this one...and there is an older silent version as well...man I knew there were a ton of Christmas Carol movies....but I didnt know there was this many LOL!!And now you can even find them with women as Scrooge...they are ok, but I prefer the old ones LOL!!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Oh I just love all the old Christmas Programs. They just don't make them like they used to lol. I remember seeing the woman from All My Children (Susan Lucci) in Ebbie. She played Ms Scrooge. Oh and Scrooged with Bill Murray. There are just so many re-makes and twists to the original. I wonder how many there actually are.

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK! Where are all you sign ups? Donna, did you sign up? So I have Toni and Becky so far. I was trying to wait a little longer for sign ups, but if I wait too long, it will be almost Christmas! What do you guys want to do?

BTW, if you have ABC Family Channel ( 180 on Dish Network) Miser Bros are on at 4PM!

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

I'm going to take a pass on this swap...I am still trying to get over the Thanksgiving that was supposed to be elsewhere....but ended up here anyways....and now onto Christmas LOL....and if that wasnt bad enough, someone decided to trash half of my outside Christmas ornaments tonight(some people are just sick, they tore up my elderly neighbors display as well!)...I almost lost the little bit of Christmas spirit I had, but I refuse to let some idiot spoil it for me AND I am determined to get into the full spirit just to spite them LOL!

So if I don't talk to you all again before the season ends(I am sure I will)... I hope you all have a Happy Hanukkah and/or a Merry Christmas

Donna

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Ohh Donna that's aweful!!! How can people be so cruel? Keep in mind that Christmas isn't in the decorations...well I don't need to explain that to you. I know the decorations help set the mood and the christmas spirit...but there's far more to Christmas. I hope the biker down the road catches those little creeps lol...I don't get mad...I get even...or wish for someone else to get even for me. Oh that's so bad....

You know the saying...what goes around....

Keep the spirit of Christmas alive and cheer up.

Take care,

Toni

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Thanks Toni...you are right, the ornaments are only nice...the Spirit of the season is to deep for those Scrooges to touch :)

Karma will catch up with them....if my son and daughters dont get them first LOL!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Donna, that just stinks! I'm glad you're not going to let it get the best of you. Are your ready? Turn up your speaker. Here's a little something to get you & others in the Christmas spirit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grinch: Welcome Christmas

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Oooo I love that song!!