Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

new: obf christmas swap

earthlydelights
10 years ago

Sorry to be posting late. I'll make this a simple two rule swap -- the first rule is there is no rule and the second is have fun!

No stipulation as what you send to your partner, just send a box, an envelope, an anything that speaks from your heart and conveys the meaning of the season and represents true Christmas spirit. Let�s not follow a list, let�s just swap. Oprah has her favorites list�.well, share your favorites with your partner. Choices are endless - ornament, homemade items, decorations, or just a bit of this and that. What would you like to receive? Well, send that!!!!!! Wrap it up all pretty and send it on its way and DON'T FORGET A CARD!

Boxes should be sent out no later than the 18th since this is an extremely busy time of year for the post office. Sign ups will end on Sunday, 12/8, and I�ll post partners the next day or so.

Maryanne/Earthly

P.S. remember to post whether you are playing or not as it is easier to keep track.

Comments (103)

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

I received the most wonderful package from Jayeanne.
    Seeds:
    PenstemonViolet Dusk
    white balloon flower
    double red zinnia
    dianthus fire witch
    yellow hollyhock
    love in a mist
    milkweed
    red amaranthus
    Christmas Card
    the cutest snowman spoon rest (I love snowmen)

I can't wait to start my seeds....hoping to get a green house soon.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone. just putting the label on my box and it will be shipped tomorrow. the older I get, the slower I go, I just can't seen to get anything done lately.

beth, i'm so glad to hear that jack's health is good. I hear you about the flu. I had one a couple years back that I couldn't shake for months. i don't get the flu shot anymore, even though they say heart patients should. i just don't want any more crap in my system. bad enough the amount of meds i take.

Shirley, is this the same winter wonderland where you would get dressed in period costume? nice that a donation is made to your garden club.

i don't know if i'm thinking of the same solar things. i'll have to keep my eye out for them.

thanks for the compliments on my baby, i just love her to pieces! today we had school conference - so happy to say she's a stellar student. teacher had nothing but wonderful things to say about her. makes my heart burst!

well, if i don't get off the computer, Melinda's box is not getting taped shut! i'm feeling good that i am actually mailing by my mail by date...usually i'm lagging. go figure.

anyone have the winning mega million numbers? one can dream, right?

be well, stay warm
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Oh goodness I forgot my cute kitchen towel and yummy Russell Stover chocolate mint candy. I have a sweet tooth like you would not believe. You did good Jayeanne.

Maryanne-Yes you get dressed in period costume so it is very festive. They had a sleigh ride, ice slide and gingerbread competition this year. A lot of fun.

Off to work....have a blessed day everyone.

Shirley

• mellen
    10 years ago

Annie, Part of your gift went out today. The other part will go out tomorrow.
    ME

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone.

Very nice, Shirley. I remember several years back when you posted pix.

Melinda, your box went out today, PO expected delivery is Monday. I sure hope you like what I sent. I know I loved putting it together for you.

jaye, got your email...it's all good. you can relax now!

Jayeanne sends to Shirley - sent/recevied
    Melinda sends to Beth sent/
    Michelle sends to Mellen sent/
    Shirley sends to Margo
    Margo sends to Sue G. - sent/received
    Mellen sends to Annie
    Annie sends to Faye
    Sue G. sends to Jayeanne
    Faye sends to Michelle
    Beth sends to Maryanne
    Maryanne sends to Melinda sent/

hope i didn't mess up with a few more sent/receiveds...if so, chime in.

it's supposed to warm up by the weekend, hit the 50's WHOOO HOOO!!!!! what's the first day of winter, the 21st? please mother nature, NO MORE snow/ice/cold.

stay well, stay warm!
    Maryanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Package for MAryanne is on the wing. Shipping says in Philadelphia this AM so I'm guessing at delivery tomorrow
    We had a couple days of nice weather now they say rain/ snow again. Depends on altitude but we are often on the snow side of the line.That is Ok with me as long as I don't need to drive over the mountain for anything. Hard to believe I loved living in AK and now I'm such a big sissy about the slippery roads.

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Beth, I am worried about your pkg. It was sent priority with 2 day delivery on the 12th and now it's the 18th. Here is the tracking # for it-----
    9114 9010 7574 2799 3838 32
    I would think if doesn't get there today, I'll check into it.
    Very nice pkg. Shirley.
    Have a great day all!

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Well, tracking said it was in Phoenix Arizona last night. Crazy, why pay for priority if you don't get something in 2 to 3 days! But it should be there soon Beth!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

I sent an email to Faye last Saturday to let her know about her package. I sent the card part last Monday. The "things" part of her Christmas package were ordered last Friday and are beling delivered directly to her home. I just checked the order and tracking....part of it was shipped yesterday and is supposed to be delivered on Monday. The other parts have not shipped yet and am not sure it they will be shipped together. They said all would be delivered by the 24th.

So Faye, hold off opening anything until everything arrives. If memory serves me correctly, I think I wrote OBF on the back of the envelope and that is probably the first thing you will get.

Happy day....we got rain going on....smells so nice. Off to wrap gifts!!

Annie

• mellen
    10 years ago

Annie's package went out today. A card went yesterday.

This has been fun, Maryanne.

ME

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Jayeanne!

Your package is on it's way. The PO receipt says delivery Monday, hopefully you might even get it Saturday. Hope you enjoy!

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, Ill keep an eye out for it! =) Let you know when it comes, Wishing you and yours a blessed and beautiful Merry Christmas & an amazing 2014 gardening season!

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Melinda, your package arrived and what fun it was. It feels like the 12 days of Christmas. first a beautiful card then lots of fun little packages.
    A red PEACE sign that I hung in the window above the nativity scene
    A sign that looked like it should be a Bill board in my little village, perfect for beside Jack's Garage
    Yummy candy that we quickly shared A small Poinsetta in a red wrapped pot
    A set of LED tea lights ( looked for these in town yesterday)
    A very pretty and festive towel and pot holders (poinsettas)
    Paper plates and napkins in the poinsetta theme
    an organizer for coupons,
    A cd of Christmas music, 43 songs. I'll be playing this a lot.
    An old time looking tree ornament with Santa and children Caroling
    Many thanks for the thoughtful package and a really fun sawp

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

So glad you rec'd the box Beth. I was worried about it. I hope you enjoyed as much as I had fun putting it together!
    Merry Christmas ALL!~

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Nice package Beth...always such thoughtful gifts.

Margo-Your package was mailed today so delivery said Monday.

Beth-Such a cute little village.

I need to take pictures of some things I make at Christmas time....I decorate sleighs, sleds and lanterns. I love doing crafts.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone. Hope the temps are warming up where you are. I actually shut the heat down in the house, we are supposed to hit mid to high 60's, possibly even 70 over the weekend, so why waste the energy. plus it's killing me that it seems the heater has been running non-stop for days, or weeks! put a sweater on!

Beth, I received a wonderful box of goodies from you. the (homemade) evergreen swag is hanging on my door. it smells wonderful. we dipped in to the peanut butter candies (buckeyes i'm calling them!) I am saving the pear apple jelly for Christmas breakfast and those socks!!!!! I love socks to begin with...there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wear them (even to bed), but these, I love. i discovered them a few years back and they are the best, especially after a day on your feet - they are the fuzzy aloe socks...if you haven't tried them, i suggest you do! and the cocoa sugar is right in time for baking this weekend! i'm sad to report the candle did not make it and i'm so glad it was in it's own box, because the glass is in so many pieces. tomorrow when it is light out, i'll take it outside and break away the base stuck in the bottom so i can at least retrieve the candle. (i love, love, love the box it's in too!).and of course, a lovely holiday card!

thank you so much beth for such a nice box of goodies. my belly, my feet, my nose,,,they are all thanking you as well!!!!

well, tomorrow is crunch time and sunday will be used to finish up what i sure as shoot know won't get done tomorrow, so it's time to call it a night. i'd like to get my elves on it, but that's only in my head!

hopefully more boxes will be received tomorrow.

Shirley, would love to see your pix. years ago you sent me a snowman decoration, in a crocheted sleigh...i think you made it, at least i tell people you did :-) it's a welcome addition to my decorations!

i'm yawning like crazy....it's been a long week and a very late one and not much accomplished...if you could only see the disarray of my house.

stay well, stay warm!
    maryanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Shirley, please post some pics We'd love to see your crafts. I can di a lot of stuff but crochet is not on my list. Both Mom and Grandmother were good at it and I never got beyond dish rags and pot holders. LOL
    Maryanne glad the package arrived, Sorry about the candle but glad it was not the Jam. That would have been a real mess.
    Try the coco sugar on toast. It's a fun change from Cinnamon sugar and like you said, good for cookies too.
    We don't need a thing, but I'm trying to talk Jack into going to town. LOL I just feel like shopping.
    Hope you all have a safe and pleasant weekend in spite of the crazy weather.

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Faye...just sent you another email...package update....tracking shows a delivery to your home on MON 12-23 and another delivery on TUES 12-24. We will see if they show up on time....the weather might get in the way.

I do hope Santa, Rudolph and company can make the trek this year to visit all of the kids that have been so good ......

Wonderful packages......I have never heard of fuzzy aloe vera socks. Where in the world have I been???? I just read about them.....comfy!!!

Stay warm, stay safe....have fun!! Merry Christmas!

Annie

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hope I got this right.

Today the temps are warming up, the snow is melting. iw as actually warm for a bit...maybe it was all the running around. one of the leaders in our service unit (scouts) did a holiday party for foster kids. we were able to provide gifts for 280 foster children. today was the party...they ate, sang, did lots of crafts, got a visit from santa, made a mess, ran, banged on the piano, had a good time. I on the other hand, am totally exhausted.

so tonight, i'm going to straighten up around here and tomorrow do just a tad of decorating. i'm going to "cheat" and put up a small artificial tree with all princess type ornaments and call it a day. I hope it will please my granddaughter. I just don't have the energy this year to lug it all upstairs and besides, I have no clue what to do with everything else that would have to be moved. too small a house for all the crap I have...(and don't think for a minute I am getting rid of any of it LOL)

Jayeanne sends to Shirley - sent/recevied
    Melinda sends to Beth sent/received
    Michelle sends to Mellen sent
    Shirley sends to Margo - sent
    Margo sends to Sue G. - sent/received
    Mellen sends to Annie - sent
    Annie sends to Faye - sent
    Sue G. sends to Jayeanne - sent
    Faye sends to Michelle - sent
    Beth sends to Maryanne - sent/received
    Maryanne sends to Melinda sent

stay well, stay warm.
    can't believe we have 3 or 4 days and then it's over in a blink!. hope we all keep the true spirit in our hearts for longer than that day!

maryanne

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

OMG...osh Sue, Sue, Sue..... You have really out done yourself Im not sure if thank you is enough .... santa came early here! wow!! my girls had fun with me opening all your gift wrapped presents! owl candy dish (love this!), poinsettia bobble head! love it! (its already in my car on the dash dancing around! ha ha) apple blossom amaryllis (already potted up),pink gardening gloves, owl potholder, snowman tree topper, snowman treat bags, adorable snowman tree ornaments (already on the tree), snowman dish towel, pink pocket calendar (needed this! lol) snowman mug (drinking a hot tea out of it right now, LOL), fabric snowman gift bag, santa wormie water sensors, strawberry hand santizer, pink impression tulip bulbs, and frilly pink star tulip bulbs! WOW yes! thank you ever so much Sue! Last but not least a beautiful glittery Christmas card. I absolutely love everything, Merry Christmas to you and yours and wishing you a fabulous 2014 gardening season Sue! Many Hugs! Jayeanne

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Mary Ellen, your package arrived yesterday but your card has not. I read that you sent the card prior to sending the package, so I am going to show restraint and hold off opening until the after the card arrives. Thanks so much for sending my way....looking forward to opening my Christmas surprise.

Merry Christmas!!

Annie

• mellen
    10 years ago

Annie, go ahead and open the package. The card and pkg. are 2 separate things.

Wow! nice gifts. being sent. Way to go ladies.
    ME

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Wow! I got my box from Maryanne today! It is wonderful and everything wrapped so pretty! Was gonna put them under the tree, but grandsons said I couldn't wait! I rec'd:
    beautiful handtowel that say tis the season for friends and family with spatula and jar of Vidalia onion jam! Can't wait to try this
    Wonderful pink vinyl breastcancer tote bag
    Beautiful photo storage box and inside has coffee cup, picture frame, note pads and pen-says with God all things are possible with beautiful flowers all over it ! I love it!
    Adorable garden ornament
    and last but not least is an apron that says some of my best friends are flakes!! One of my fav sayings. I have a picture that has this on it made on wood! Love it!
    And a nice card!
    This was a very nice box and I loved it all! Thank you so very much! I will treasure these things always!
    Melinda

• mellen
    10 years ago

Michelle, box arrived just a bit ago. I will open it later tonight. Just wanted you to know.
    ME

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Mary Ellen....oh my goodness!!! I opened THAT package. Absoloutley delicious!!!! Mary Ellen sent me Chocolate Turtles......caramel, pecans, chocolate and they look like turtles. Did you make these???? You must have a turtle mold!!! Would you ever be so kind to give me the recipe????? They will be gone sooner, not later......THANK YOU so much!!!!!!!! These are so wonderful!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

Faye, I sent you another email today! I know one package was delivered to your front porch today. The other package looks like it will not arrive tomorrow...they are saying Thursday for delivery.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Annie

• smitties
    10 years ago

Received my box from Shirley today and it was loaded with good stuff.
    A wonderful pair of Atlas gardening gloves- very nice and look great for working in the wet dirt
    A Christmas pickle for the tree - have to hide this good for the kids to search out
    A package of seed baggies - who can't use a bunch of these?
    A set of pretty Christmas kitchen towels - it is time for new ones too so quite handy
    A nursery marking pen- this is going to be put to good use.
    A yankee candle wax tart- Winter wonderland and it smell good
    A bag of Jelly Bellies which I promptly opened.
    A pretty plaque that says "Hold Christmas in your heart, and try to keep it throughout the year"
    A cute reindeer card along with the following seeds
    basil
    fanfare blanketflower
    thyme
    cilantro
    dazzler blanketflower
    purple majesty millet
    calla lillies
    pink double delight echinacea

Thank you so much for the delightful box Shirley and Merry Christmas to you. Margo

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, some great boxes and we're almost done. So sorry I never got around to a game...i'm lucky I get one function done.

Melinda, glad you liked your box and I sure hope everything made it intact. I always worry sending glass. the Vidalia onion jam was new for me this year and it stays. I love it, hope you do as well.

be back tomorrow when I can actually keep my eyes open. I have nothing wrapped, and I work a full day tomorrow. calgon, take me away!

Maryanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Maryanne , we did fine without a game. Most of us are too busy anyhow.
    My wish for today is that we are all blessed with enough time to ENJOY the things that we feel like we "Need to do" or the courage and wisdom to decide we don't really need to do them.
    hugs and holly to all and a Merry Christmas.

• mellen
    10 years ago

Michelle, I LOVED all that you sent!
    -a soft, soft, soft winter neck scarf in totally wild colors. That was the first thing I opened. It brought a big smile to my face. LOVE the colors!!! And, did you make it? Totally awesome!
    --Taaallllll, GREEN, Snuggly Sox! BIG smile!
    ---pretty blue and white garden gloves
    ----Avon lip balms-2, and Avon silicon hand cream, and Avon Skin so Soft hand creme. These bring back wonderful memories......Mom used to get us girls these things when we were 'younger.'
    -----seeds-crimson watermelon, gourmet blend radish, French cantaloupe, marigold 'Snowball,' green-flowered milkweed, and bachelor buttons.
    Like I said above, I LOVE all that you sent! Thank you so MUCH!!!

Annie, the turtles are soooo easy. I don't use 'homemade' ingredients. Yes, I have a mold, and I use Wilton chocolate discs from Walmart. I have tried other chocolate brands, and they are just not any good. I also buy the caramel in a block---find this online. Have been making these for at least 30 years....always at Christmas.
    I can't believe the card has not made it to you. Hmmmm.....If it is not there by the end of the week, I will check into it.

Son and family are coming later today and here til Friday. Can hardly wait to see our granddaughters!

Merry Christmas to ALL of you!
    ME

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas Eve and Blessed Christmas Day! I have loved this swap !
    I wish everyone the best of times with their loved ones and friends!
    Melinda

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Mary Ellen, the turtles are history!!! I (we) loved them, as I attempted to be "Good" and share them with my husband.....I say attempted only because I allowed him only one bite. He would have been perfectly content consuming all of the those magnificent turtles...quickly.
    Thank you for the info on the turtles.

And Mary Ellen, I received your envelope today. Mary Ellen sent me a very generous gift certificate to Sample Seed Shop....which I love. We all love Remy at Sample Seed Shop! Chocolate caramel turtles and a very nice gift certificate....so very lovely. Mary Ellen, thank you so very much for your kindness! A very Merry Christmas to you!!!

It is Christmas now in the West...may all of you have the most beautiful Christmas! Each of you are a joy!

Maryanne, thank you for hosting....so wonderful!!

Merry Christmas! Enjoy...be safe!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone....hope your Christmas was everything you hoped it would be. Our family celebrated last evening with a meal, opened gifts and spent quality time together. I really rack up at Christmas time with it being my Birthday. Thank you Jesus for a wonderful year.

Thank you Maryanne for hosting our December swap, I enjoyed it so much.

It's that time of year when we must decide what month we will host for 2014. If you have a specific month you would like to host for our OBF group please sign up. January is fast approaching and a new beginning. Seeds should be arriving soon in the stores and I'm sure everyone harvested some from their gardens so they are always a good swap idea. DH bought me a green house last week so I am so excited about starting seedlings. It is a used one but in very good condition and all glass with lots of shelves. I can actually have heat in it so can really start those seeds early.

January -
    February -
    March -
    April -
    May -
    June -
    July -
    August -
    September -
    October -
    November -
    December

Have a wonderful fun filled day.

Shirley

• Michelle Reynolds
    10 years ago

hello
    glade you liked the box mel, yes I made the scarf, I make them for everyone in the fall.

I got my box from faye yesterday, great timeing
    inside was a bag of very yummy ghirardelli white and milk choc squares. 2 super sparkly butterfly ornaments( love these) and coneflowers and columbine seeds.

thanks I love my christmas gift.

huggs and merry christmas to you all
    michelle

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

I will pick the month of March to do a swap in! So put me down for that one! Thanks, Melinda

• margaret_2007
    10 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-What a great swap this has been & I have finally got to check in to see all about it. Have had some very difficult days with health problems for myself & husband. Much better now & looking forward to a wonderful 2014. May each of you have a delightful New year with many blessings of joy, peace & contentment. I would like to take the May slot this next year as hostess. Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

January -
    February -
    March - Melinda
    April -
    May - Margaret
    June -
    July -
    August -
    September -
    October -
    November -
    December -

Woo Hoo 2 months taken, 10 more to go. Thank you Melinda and Margaret.

Mellen-I know you are enjoying those precious granddaughters. Share pictures when you can.

Annie-What fun to get to shop at Remy's seed shop...sure miss her.

Shirley

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Hi Shirley!

I can take April if its not spoken for yet.I agree this is a wonderful swap group! Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Jayeanne

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Good Evening OBF'ERS. I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas Day and Evening......

Shirley, I will take October!!

Fantastic Christmas packages....so much variety!!

Happy Evening!

Annie

• mellen
    10 years ago

Annie, you are welcome for the gifts. I was just sure that Remy had sent the card so the mail must have been slow. Glad to hear it got there. Enjoy! I love Remy's Sample Seed site, also.

We had a wonderful Christmas celebration. Hope the rest of you did, also.
    ME

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

January -
    February -
    March - Melinda
    April - Jayeanne
    May - Margaret
    June -
    July -
    August -
    September -
    October - Annie
    November -
    December -

Two more months taken=4 months total....only 8 more to go. Come on ladies pick a month and lets have some fun.

Only 4 more days and I will be vacationing in sunny Naples, Florida. Leaving this cold and wet weather for sunshine....can't wait.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Hard to believe another year is passing. This was a fun swap, all the generosity continues to ooze from the participants. Great boxes everyone. Sorry no game. no one seemed to mind (I hope)

Beth, that cocoa sugar you sent has been a real welcome addition. we are using it on French toast and as a matter of fact, at breakfast this morning, my granddaughter asked me to use the new cinnamon I got in my box - i'd say it's halfway gone already with the various things it's being used on. one of my new favorite things!

Shirley, put Carol down for July, she likes to do her Christmas in July. If it winds up she can't, I will. If she does, I'll take November. I know you have done this a number of times, but could you please list current members when you return from vacation? Speaking of which, have a fabulous time and enjoy the temperatures! And used greenhouse or not, what a great gift.

Well, today I have started cleaning/clearing, etc., my house. which needs it so badly. I'm on my 4th load of laundry and what stinks, is that it is beautiful out. I could be out doing yard stuff, but i'm not. we are going away for a few days, so I want to be sure some stuff is done. now that work has ended for this assignment, and never certain when the next will start, I need to keep on focus, so this was my quick hello and wrap up.

thanks for all that participated. it was fun being back. I need to come back more often!

peace and love and light to you all!
    Maryanne

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Maryanne-What a beautiful Santa. Yes I will give Carol July if she is still in the group maybe she will let us know. Our membership is down but hopefully some others will join in 2014. Will do a current member list.

I should be cleaning house but did crafts most of the day. I will have to catch up after Church tomorrow.

January -
    February -
    March - Melinda
    April - Jayeanne
    May - Margaret
    June - Shirley
    July - Carol ?
    August -
    September -
    October - Annie
    November - Maryanne
    December -

I will go ahead and commit to June but that is one of my really busy months. Another year older and 2 jobs is tough.

Night all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this swap!
    Maryanne I absolutely love the Vidalia onion jam! Fabulous! I need that recipe! And here is a pic of me in the apron Maryanne sent me!
    I so loved this swap and hope you all had a great
    Christmas! Wishing you all a wonderful New Year with many blessings!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just perfect Melinda, that apron was meant for you! Couldn't believe I saw you post a pic on FB with that saying and here I had sent the package with that apron. Telepathy or something!!!! The jam I will send to you as an email once I jot it down. This was my first year making it, and it won't be my last. It's been a real winner.

I have an insane collection of Santa's. He's the tallest one I have. My granddaughter sometimes calls him her pretend grandpop! I thought he was a beauty when I first laid eyes on him, and lo and behold, after Christmas one year, he was marked down by 50%, so I treated myself. Still more than I would have normally wanted to put out, but I think at that time, I had a bunch of money!!!!! He's a little over 5' tall.

Shirley, why not take a different month? And I'll light a fire under Carol's butt....she's just coming back from her grandson's wedding, so it takes her a little time to get back in to the groove.

I fell like I have been doing laundry all weekend...two loads to go for the wash and then i'm done for a few weeks or more. Got all the new Christmas clothes down for everyone, and everybody gets new sheets and stuff, aside from the regular dirty stuff, and i'm pooped. kitchen is clean, dog is bathed, i'm halfway there with my contribution for new years. this coming week i'll tackle my granddaughter's room...best to do that when she's at school. then it's time for the basement which I dread, but it needs to be organized, once again

Well, hope everyone has a great New year celebration. We are heading up the mountains, probably the last time until the spring. We'll spend it with some dear friends - no muss, fuss or drama, just good laughs and memories.

dreary day today ~~ cold and rainy...bone cold YUCK!

stay well, stay warm,
    maryanne

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

I'll sign up to be hostess in September if that is okay.

As some know my husband and I went to CA to spend Christmas with our older daughter and her husband --- and the triplets! Of course we came home pretty tired and caught colds while we were away also. I seem to be getting over mine pretty quickly.

Happy New Year!
    Jeanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

I'm thinking about doing a gently used garden books or magazines themed swap for January. Anybody interested? I read my magazines and catalogs over and over while waiting for signs of spring.
    What do you think? I'll post a new thread if this it OK and anyone wants to do it.
    Happy New Year to all.
    bethb

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Happy New Year everyone.

Jeanne, would love to see some current pix of the trips!

Beth, I think it sounds like wonderful swap!

Just spent the last couple days with friends in the mountains enjoying everyone's company brining in the new year. lots of laughter, lots of fabulous food. it never ended from the beginning to walking out the door. I am officially a roly poly!!!!

Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous new year, filled with light and love and peace.

Maryanne

Maryanne

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Beth-please take the January swap and see how many are interested in the magazine swap. Sign me up please and thanks.

Enjoying this beautiful weather in Naples, Florida...we will be home Monday.

Shirley

• veeja11
    10 years ago

sign me up forchristmas in july please and sign me up for your swap miss Beth say hi to Jack and give him a hug. hugs to all my bloomin friends, went to grandsons wedding early dec and spent time with kids and grandkids, they suck the energy right out of ya, still recovering

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Veeja, you and I will be partners for the new OBF swap, Dreamin by the fire.
    I posted to trade either magazines or books or both. What do you prefer?
    I'm going to town Thursday and will try to mail then.
    Jack always appreciates hugs, LOL We did the Grandson's wedding and visit all the kids this fall. Had a great time but caught the flu and came home sick. Anyway, all is well again and it will be great to do a swap with you again.
    Bethb