Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

Here is a new thread for thank yous, chit chat, and games..

Comments (150)

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Thank you for yet other wonderful cards from....

Lisa831 with Petite yellow Marygolds My card cabinet is full and looks so wonderful with all the kind greetings and special seeds sent.

You guys are the BEST!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Hmmmm half of my post is gone hmmmmm....

what it should have said is.....

Lisa831 with Petite yellow Marygolds and....

Alwaysagarden with Sweet William mixed tall & short.

Thank you to you both and everyone else who has sent cards my way!!!

My card cabinet is full and looks so wonderful with all the kind greetings and special seeds sent.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Hmmmm half of my post is gone hmmmmm....

what it should have said is.....

Lisa831 with Petite yellow Marygolds and....

Alwaysagarden with Sweet William mixed tall & short.

Thank you to you both and everyone else who has sent cards my way!!!

My card cabinet is full and looks so wonderful with all the kind greetings and special seeds sent.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

• pumkingal
    14 years ago

Thank you Rane_grow got a wonderful card and luna blush hibiscus--mixed love in a mist--mixed larkspur,,thank you so much
    Every on Merry christmas eve,,,thank to all you great little elves,, have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow--Lisa

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

how strange, now it duplicated my post...I'm jinxed or something lol. Sorry for the dupes...

Toni

• lisa831
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas to all my new gardening friends

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Wishes for love, peace and joy go to all my gardening friends ...
    with love and thanks.

Plus, thank you Cherone for the wishes and seeds of Mex. sunflower and Purple Hull peas -it does well here in La.

It rained most of the day, sunset created gorgeous skies with a bright rainbow.

Here's what I made earlier, my dd Mary's fav side dish, make it for every special occasion, it is simple, want to share the recipe with you all.

CURRIED RICE

( or any other flavor rice, if you don't care for curry.
    Make it with preferred rice, chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in boiled water -instead of broth, 3 T chopped dried onion or onion soup in can-and extra broth as needed, instead of onion soup in pkg)
    Bake in microwave or conventional oven or cook on stove top.

Ingredients are in approximate amounts. Can add peas /other vegetables or/and toasted nuts.

2 c uncooked jasmine rice ( white/brown )
    4 c chicken broth ( healthy)
    1 pkt Lipton Onion soup mix
    3-4 T butter
    1 1/2 tsp curry powder
    1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste ,opt

Combine all in a microwavable dish, cover and cook until done -rice will be fluffy and absorb most of the liquid; don't let it be dry. Stir half way thru cooking. Let stand after it's done for about 10 minutes then gently stir again.
    May stir in extra T of butter.

Merry Christmas Eve.

• perkybarb
    14 years ago

Another card and seeds received today from naturegirl236. Very cute card and a variety of seeds. Thanks so much Jill.
    Barbara aka PerkyBarb

• Alphie
    14 years ago

Cold & wet & VERY WINDY here tonight.

Catrionaa - Thank you for the Beet 'Detroit Dark Red', Carrots 'Danver's Half Long', & 'Chantenay', & for the
    Pepper 'Chili Pequin'. I've never grown beets or carrots before & can't wait to try them!

highalttransplant - Thank you for the Sunflower 'Vanilla Ice'. I grew sunflowers for the first time this year & just love them! And for the Asclepias tuberosa 'Gay Butterflies' & Gaillardia 'Goblin'. It will be my first Gaillardia. And I have really been wanting the Pepper 'Sweet Chocolate'.

aphroditelaughs - Thank you for all the great veggies & the lobelia & spilanthes... Very much looking forward to trying the broccoli! Will be my first time growing it.
    Lobelia cardinalis
    Spilanthes (Toothache Plant)
    Corn 'Purple Peru'
    Corn 'Ashworth'
    Long Bean 'Dolico del Metro'
    Pole Bean 'Blue Lake'
    Snow Pea 'Sandy'
    Snow Pea 'Oregon Giant'
    Broccoli 'Purple Sprouting'

ilovefarac - Thank you so much for the Eggplants 'Casper' & 'Burpee's Gourmet Blend'. When I decided I wanted to try growing some eggplants next year, I had no idea there were so many different types of them. Very exciting!

Prayers & Joy to all of you.

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!!!

I need one more word for bingo.

Don

• Mary Leek
    14 years ago

I'd like to thank -- Lisa831 -- for a special late surprise of your lovely card and Marigold seeds. A garden should never be without the sunny little faces of Marigolds.

"Merry Christmas" to all and may your new year be the best one ever.

Mary

• dorisl
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas!

Thank you to maemae0312 for the very kewl variagated KMOTTG!!

• daisyb
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

I want to thank naturegirl236 for the cute snowman card filled with Cardinal Flower, Casa Blanca Oriental Lily, Rose of Sharon, and Pineapple Sage. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas too Jill.

Many thanks to dorisl for the beautiful handmade card filled with Mixed Hostas and Blue Vitex. I really wanted to try my luck with the Vitex - I think it is so pretty.

Lisa831 sent me French Double Marigold Mix in a beautiful Christmas card with scripture from the Christmas story. Thank you Lisa. I hope you will have a blessed Christmas.

• crisann
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful new year, with many beautiful gardens!

crisann

• riley17
    14 years ago

: -) I'm glad your all happy with the cards I sent. I'm praying for y'all too. :-) Merry Christmas!! I have some more thank you's too and I'm also a bit late and I apologize. I had my last knee surgery friday and I'm finally starting to walk with a walker. :) yay! But I will be back with lots of thanks but I did lose one package of Christmas tree seeds from their card so I apologize I dont know who sent them but thanks! They are awesome I cant wait to grow them!
    Holly

• retsec
    14 years ago

I got a nice homemade card from cherone7 yesterday. She sent me squash delicata. Thanks so much for being my Secret Santa. Hope you had a great Christmas.
    Nancy
    retsec

• patti1957
    14 years ago

I received a card from dirtdiggin yesterday. Thank you for the Quadrato di Asti Giallo Pepper and Musquee de Provence Squash. Hope your having a nice Christmas.

Patti

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

I recieved wonderful cards and seeds from the following gardeners...

Sandy2
    dirtdiggin
    dirt_under_my_nails
    poisondartfrog
    margarita10
    lisa831
    canyonwind
    yotetrapper
    aphroditelaughs
    Carol57078
    ilovefarac
    katsgarden864
    Kamiljablo
    pumkingal

Thank you so much to all of you! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

Blessings to Everyone,
    Cindy ; )

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Good Morning,

I hope you all had the most lovely Merry Christmas. To all, be safe wherever you may be prancing and stay warm!

Happy Saturday!

Annie

• agnella
    14 years ago

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Sorry I have not been on in a bit. So chilly, very windy and wet here but no snow.

vel - prayers for your sister, hope she is doing better.

I have to thank my down-the-road GW friend, maemae. She sent me a lovely card with variegated Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate. I can't wait to see this growing! Thanks so much! Thanks for the local swap info, too.

I see a few of the last cards I sent out made it but still some of my earlier ones are not popping up. Maybe before New Years???

• maozamom NE Ohio
    14 years ago

Two more cards today.

Cherone7 sent sweet corn,and although I can't use it because my only sunny garden is in the small front yard, I've already passed it on to someone else.

Dirtdiggin sent Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia which I just added to my want list a few days ago. They're going to look great in the Historic Societies garden.

Thank you both and happy New Years everyone.

mao

• daffodillady
    14 years ago

More THANK YOUs go out to:
    maemae0312; for a cute stocking card and varigated kiss me over the garden gate. I love variagated plants and flowers!

Have a safe and fun New Year everyone!!

• lisa831
    14 years ago

Receive a Pretty christmas tree card from Alwaysgarden today with Cabbage green seeds, Thank you and hope your christmas was a great one.

Nlb52 your card is being resend it came back today,I mix your zipcode up. So Sorry.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Thank you Maemae0312 for the Kiss me over the garden gate. I don't have any of this and thought I might buy some...now I don't have to.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Heidi

• marcella
    14 years ago

Hello everyone,Wanted to say thank you once again,To these wonderful people who sent more cards,

Toni-sent cherry brandy
    Don-Zinnias
    Cherone-Purslane

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas,Marcella

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
    I received a few more cards today!
    Thank you MaeMae for the varigated KMOTGG, can't wait to see this growing!
    Thanks also the Appaloosa909 and Annie (canyonwind) the seeds got mixed up, but I have balloon flowers, balsam and columbines which came out of those envelopes!

Again thanks to everyone for the wonderful cards, ans seeds and holiday smiles! I hope you all a very happy and prosperous 2010!

Frances

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Just when I thought the mailboxing might be done ... I received 2 more cards !

Thank you Dorisl for the Christmas fern ! I have never grown ferns from seed before, I am looking forward to adding to my woodland backyard garden ;-)

And thank you to Ilovefarac for the beefsteak tomato seeds ... yummy ... I miss my fresh from the garden blt sandwiches ;-) I can hardly wait for spring and summer again !

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas , the snow is melting here, I am enjoying having my son here for a couple more weeks ;-)

I want to thank everyone again who made checking the mail a lot of fun for me this holiday season ! and thank you Kym for hosting this wonderful swap ! It certainly made the last few weeks so enjoyable and added something special to the holiday season for me , especially since I am so far from my family , its nice to have a " GW gardening family " to share with ;-)

Best wishes to you all for a Happy New Year and Happy Gardening !

~Iris

• ggwrn
    14 years ago

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I received a card today from Maemae0312. She sent varigated kiss me over the garden gate. Thank you very much!

Ginger

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

I received another special card and seeds today........

alwaysagarden.....sent me Cleome seeds

Thanks Cindy!!!! I hope your Christmas was wonderful in every way!!!! Happy New Year...Cheers!!!

Annie

• klorentz
    14 years ago

Well here is another late update folks.

First a big thank you to donperkins.He sent me two of my favorite Hybrid maters Celebrity and Better Boy along with to fine heirloom tomatoes Rutgers and Marglobe.And some peppers black pearl,Cayenne,Sweet Banana,Cal Wonder,Hungarian Wax ,Habanero.

Dirtdiggin sent Jalapeno pepper seeds and kabocha squash and some Rouge Vif d' Etampes Pumpkin seeds.

cherone7 sent some good ol' Beefsteak tomatoes and some Jack O' Lantern seeds.

Thanks everyone so much for the seeds you sent.My family will enjoy them very much.

Also to let you all know I am just about over my bout with pneumonia.Thank God !!!!!!

Kevin

• sandy2_gw
    14 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
    I received 2 cards yesterday from:
    donperkins sent a nicely package card w/ red cypress, verbena, and elephant garlic seeds - thank you so much!
    and also
    cherone7 sent a lovely handmade card w/ mexican sunflower seeds - thank you also!
    Also another thanks to Kym for making this possible!

May all have a healthy & safe New Year!
    Sandy2

• patti1957
    14 years ago

I received a card from cherone7 yesterday. Thank you for the sweet corn.

Patti

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

I recieved another card yesterday with clitoria seeds inside! Thank you so much Sheriannricherson !!
    I've been really wanting these and can't wait to plant them late Spring. ; )

Cindy

• cryptid
    14 years ago

Wow,...I about can't believe it! I actually received another card, yesterday,...from Jill (naturegirl236)! Elly and I *really* appreciate the "Peace on earth" dove card, and *goodness gracious*, wotta MARVELOUS collection of seeds!! ... Clustered Bellflower (Campanula Glomerata)/Bronze Fennel/White Currant Tomato/Rue/Summer Savory/Campanula americanum and Nold Ornamental Purple Pepper. Thank you, Jill, sooooo much!! :) Gonna have a lot of fun with these seeds! This will definitely be one of *the* busiest Springs we've had in *years*!

Thanks again, Kym, for hosting this great, fun, festive swap!! It *REALLY* made our Christmas! - Thank you and Bless you *all*!!

• dirtdaddy
    14 years ago

Been shoveling snow ALL weekend! Enough!
    After breaking a trail for the mailperson saturday, I found a card from cherone 7. Thanks so much for the radish seed! Merry Christmas!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

BINGO WORDS

Incase anyone is still playing here is the last of the words..

comet
    blitzen
    bethlehem
    bells
    beleive

This Santa became a bit worn out, sorry I slacked off a bit on the posts..my body doesnt always cooperate the way I want it to !!

ANYONE else with cards to report ?? I just went thru another 60 emails, and will have a grand total for you all soon...and winners to the number game !!

Happy New Year to you ALL !!

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

I hope each and everyone of you had a wonderful Christmas.I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.We received our Christmas Miracle today.On Christmas day my sister was able to communicate with us by writing on paper.We were so happy,but still concerned that she might not ever be able to come off of the respirator.Today,she called me.What a glorius blessing.They took her off all the machines today except for a few things.She may even go to stepdown in a couple of days.So I cant thank all of you enough for the many prayers
    I also want to thank agnella and cherone for the beautiful handmade cards and seeds.If I have forgotten anyone else please except my apology,and I am very thankful.
    Kym,I havent even had a chance to thank you for hosting a wonderful swap.It was great..thank you.
    Also my prayers go out to each of you with sickness and other problems.May the new year bring us all good health and well being.Again thank yall....Velvet

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

BINGO..

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Wow, Velvet! Your post just gave me chills. Proof of the power of prayer, I believe. Congratulations on your sister's recovery! That is awesome news!!!

Bonnie

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Velvet - We're still praying for a complete recovery. We all know that God's will be done, but the power of prayer saved my hubby years ago after being hit by a vehicle as a pedestrian. Docs had no idea how he healed....cause he wasn't supposed to live. We are praying for many years for you and your sis together...Take care,

Toni

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Wow! Velvet...that's wonderful news, will keep your sister in prayer for her to continue to improve.
    Holly also, everyone else needing it, prayers for us all.

Wish Christmas wouldn't be over so fast, keeping decors til New Year's since my dd's B'day is the day before-thursday.
    It'd have been even better if my son could have made it from Calif, hopefully in January. Grandson provided most entertainment.
    Card my s-i-l's parents sent said it so well:

* May Christmas bring you the gifts of love and laughter
    and the blessing of peace *

Good for any day.

Many thanks Kym and all,bbl

Bea

• jas_il
    14 years ago

I got the BINGO words too but I am little late. Doesn't matter.

Velvet, I am glad that your sister is doing good. I know prayer works. On 2005 my dad went through the similar situation where he was on ventilator and 4 doctors had said, "it's too late, nothing could be done." They even advised us not to put him on ventilator, but we knew Jesus can do miracles today also so we insisted to put him on the ventilator and prayed and never gave up our hopes. Finally we got our miracle when my dad got out of the hospital after two long months. We have published a book "Through the valley of death" which describes the horrible and unforgetable ordeal we went through.

Yes prayer does work. My dad is still alive and doing good.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised to find two cards in my mail today. One fromCheryl (cherone7) that included sweet corn and redegg eggplant. These are two veggies I haven't tried to grow yet!
    I also received a card from Don (donperkins) which had in it vulgare orengano, verbena,stevia and japanese painted ferns. I've never grown fern from seeds so this will be exciting!
    Thank you both so much!

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Thanks cherone7 for the sweet corn and cucmber seed I will sure enjoy those next summer! Also received Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia seeds from dirtdiggin and family, thanks alot, they are one of my favorites.

• ptp813
    14 years ago

Many more thanks are in order. :-) I thought it was all done and I have received a few more cards just after Christmas. Yea!

Thank you to:
    Lisa831 - for the yellow marigold
    Canyonwind - for the salvia blue bedder and coral nymph (thanks for sharing what you had it only takes one seed to sprout and grow to have a plant :-))
    Nottoughly - for the pink bee balm
    Sandy2 - for the crorosmia (not sure if I had already thanked you)

It has been such a blessing to receive the cards and seeds. I get more excited about the Secret Christmas cards than the ones family send.

Thank you all for your generosity and thoughtfulness.

Have an awesome gardening New Year!

Pam

• ruthz
    14 years ago

Got another beautiful handmade SS card Saturday.
    ptp813, I thought it was over also. In fact we didn't even check our mailbox Saturday. Still felt like a Holiday.

cherone7 sent Black Cherry tomato and mini red & yellow bellpepper.

Thank you for the wonderful card and seeds and
    Have a Happy New Year

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

I was surprised to receive another card today. Donperkins send some Stevia, and Leonitis lenorus seeds. Had to look that last one up. It sounds very unique, and perfect for my hot, dry garden. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Bonnie

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Hi everyone ! I received another card today !!

Thank you Maemae for the variegated Kiss me over the garden gate seeds ! I've been wanting to grow these and now I can ;-)

~Iris

PS I had BINGO too ;-)

• crisann
    14 years ago

Wow what a surprise -- two more cards in the mail today!!

Mary C. ~ for the variegated kiss me over the garden gate!

and

mommyto2 ~ for the hibuscus ( luna red, dk pink, luna pink swirl, white w/red eye), moonflower, dianthus (double flower mix), agapanthus, and amaranthus (red and mixed). The envelope was completly destroyed, but amazingly the card and the seeds were fine! :)

Thanks so much to you both -- I am definitely going to have to enlarge my flower beds!

Crisann

• bashful_gardener
    14 years ago

I got a card today from Cherone7 with Black-eyed Susans; thanks so much! By the way, I love the verse on your card ("One who gardens works hand in hand with God").
    Thanks again!
    Sandra

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    14 years ago

Wow, I am glad I checked the mail today, because I got another card.. Thank you so much, ilovefarac, for the salvia greggii seeds and the fig leaf hollyhock seeds. I can't wait to grow them. :o)

Lois in PA