Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7

Posted by flwrs4ever 7 R.I. (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 20, 09 at 0:09

Here is a new thread for thank yous, chit chat, and games..

Thank You Christmas Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7

More cards came today and many, many thank yous go out to:

~~rane_grow~~ for Riesentraube Cherry Tomato and Marguerite Double Mixed Carnation (love carnations, so I am very excited about this one)

and

~~Lisa831~~ for French Double Marigold Mix

Thank you both, I can not wait to try these and all the rest of the wonderful seeds I have gotten from this swap. So many new wonderful things, and I love trying new things, so I just can not wait.

Bea, thank you very much for your compliments. My dogs name is Copper and he loves dressing up for Christmas (or at least I can say he does). Yes growing as much as we do is a lot of work, but it is also very rewarding and enjoyable, and also so very exciting whenever we try something new. I think the best part of it all is being able to share what we love and are so proud of with others, especially the more unusual things we grow.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

o

Photobucket

To all of you, but especially our host! It's taken me some time to get to this, but I just want y'all to know how happy you made me with your generosity!
Just to name a few: Lisa, thanks for the marigold seeds, gmom2-6 boys (grasses & parsley), highalttransplant, beautiful hand made card and agastache 'Apache sunset', Kellogg's breakfast tomato (really, really wanted that one) and last but not least cherry brandy (a hot commodity). Thank you micrey for the fern leaf dill which I love, love, love and more cherry brandy (?).

Other wonderful elves: danielle & cheryle, perkyboob, karendee, Iris, poisondartfrog, Jean wishdesign, Galek family. Unfortunately, the seed packets got mixed up with another swap and I can't match the seed with the giver.

Sorry for the delay, however I do have photos which I will post tomorrow. Again, this swap never fails to give my spirits a tremendous lift.

Thanks again,
La Donna

o

Hi Kym,
Just wanted to let you know I emailed you my list.

Cindy : )

o
Secret Santa

I am just now starting to get some time where I can post on the Rate and Review to all who have been sending me lovely seeds and Christmas Cards! Thank you all for your generosity. I have a few posted now and will continue till I have everyones name.

Blessings to all in the swap!

Cindy ; )

o
zinnias! RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7

Karendee, I got the zinnias! Thanks so much. I just LOVE them! They are my favorite cut flower.

Thanks so much!
Deanna

o

I don't think I thanked lindaruzicka/Linda yet but I got a card with Parsley seeds. My herb garden is going to be awesome next year!! I have received so many herbs in this swap. Thank you for the recipes too. This sounds horrible but all I want to do is look up my seeds and plan for my winter sowing...I have sooooo much Christmas stuff left to do.

Have a great Sunday everyone, I will be back later to check on the Bingo words...I need 4 more!!

Heidi

o
card picture

Here is a picture of my cards

GW=16 Family/Friends=9 You all are awesome!!

Photobucket

Sorry if the picture is huge. My computer is not cooperating :o)

o

Received from LisaM627 2 kinds of clematis - Miss Bateman & H. F. Young. Thank you so much. I am going to have so many plants to put on the trellis and cyclone fence for my granddaughter's wedding in 3 years since she wants to get married in my back yard and I have all of you to thank. What a wonderful group of gardening friends on the web. Have a great weekend!
Ellie

o

I went mailboxing yesterday and got a card for lisa831 with lemon cucumbers and nantes carrot, thanks so much, Carol

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 20, 09 at 12:02

wooohooo
Got another SS card & seeds yesterday.
lisam627 sent a cute card with some of my most wanted seeds.
Zinnia Giant Cactus White
Hollyhock Black Current Whirl

Thank you Lisa
Merry Christmas to you and your Family

o

Wow! Two more cards from mommyto2 and lisa627
Thank you very much.
Merry Christmas to all...

o

I received a card from gmom2-6boys on Friday. Thank you for the garlic chives and mystery seeds - (no id on the baggie). I love a good mystery!
Saturday I received a card from karendee with campbell's tomato seed and sweet williams.

Thank you both!

Patti

o

• Posted by karendee 5Wst. of Chicago,IL (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 20, 09 at 12:30

Margarita10, sent me some gaillaedia, imoatients, coneflowers, and cosmos. Also a small bird house craft kit. it is so cute!

pumpkin gal, sent me gaillardia, mallow and eye ball. (I need to look the last one up)

Thanks!!!

This is so nice, I have never gotten so many cards. I also tape them along my stairs and I ran out of room so they are also on the inside of my front door. My front room looks nice with them all there!!!

Karen

o

Mea culpa barb! I knew I should have waited to post my thanks--oops :-o
Anyhoo, pictures posted-finally!

Photobucket
Those wonderful cards from such generous elves.

Here's a picture of the seeds I received.

o

Hello - can someone please tell me how to post pictures? I use photobucket. I'd love to know, and it looks like some of you know how, since you're sharing some terrific pictures of your cards.

Thanks,
Sandra

o

Sorry I've been MIA, got wrapped up in the frenzy of Christmas. I got two cards this past week.

Thanks to Aphroditelaughs for the Peas and
Ilovefarac for the Orangelo watermelon. Tried this last year but it didnt do well (no melons did last year) so want to try it again. Thanks so much!

o

Hi Everyone,

I received three cards last week from Holly R., Monica and Alana. I have been sick so I hope I haven't missed anyone. I finally got rid of my fever so now I am trying to get my strength back which is hard because I have developed a cough that won't let me sleep. I hope to get the rest of my bulbs planted and then start some seeds.

Once again thanks to all of you who have sent me seeds.

Chere

o

Sandra, there is a tag on each image you upload in photobucket. Simply access the image you want to post and copy and paste the html code version into the message window below. You'll find this to the left hand side of the screen below where it says share this photo.

It will have funny sideways V's that look like this <> then there will be a URL that says a href="http:// etc inside those little v's. It starts as an active link due to the fact that it's a free server and they make your post a hyperlink. Hope that helps :)

Toni

o

I got on last night to post thank yous, but the other thread was full, and the new one wasn't started yet. Sundays are always a busy day for our family, but I'm finally back to thank the following people:

Rane_grow - for Ananas melon

LaDonna (chitownladyd) for the a lovely handmade card and petunia seeds

Gmom2-6boys for the snapdragon seeds

Thank you all for your generosity. Definitely worth the walk in the snow to the mailbox!

Merry Christmas to each of you!!!

Bonnie

o
more cards! RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7

mommyto2 was a very nice Santa to me this year!! She sent me three types of agastaches--lavender haze, blue, and apricot stripe. I have always gone for the daisy-shaped flowers, and when I was planning flowers for my garden I realized it was just one big diasy-shaped overdo. So--agastache went on the list as I tried to find great non-daisy shaped flowers for the garden. I really appreciate you sending me three colors! They will be very well-used and very appreciated. And, my butterfly area continues to grow with the aclepias tuberosa you sent--THANK YOU!!

Rane_grow sent me organic california wonder bell pepper. Yea! My vegetable garden is getting better and better! Thank you for the pepper!

Like many moms around, these seeds are actually the only Christmas present I'll get. Thank you!

Deanna

o

Another Secret Santa gift of generosity in my mailbox yesterday.....

lisam627...sent me Gaillardia Baby Cole and Gaillardia Monarch in a lovely card

Thank you so much!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Annie

o

Hi
Received a card yesterday from katsgarden864 ~ it had some gerbera daisy (red) seeds and some red and gold zinnia seeds. I can't wait to grow them -- I bet they are beautiful! Thanks so much!

crisann

o

B-I-N-G-O

Bingo words for Sunday are...

workshop
wish
snowman
sleigh
santa clause

We had 21 inches of snow fall last night..WOW !! I hope you all are finished with your shopping, baking, wrapping..and have a WONDERFUL week !!

o

So excited, I received two more cards with some wonderful seeds.
Thank you Lisam627 for the dianthus maiden pinks and persian centaurea.
Also thank you to ranegrow for nigella love in mist.

I can't wait to begin winter sowing after the holidays are completed.

Have a wonderful Christmas season everyone! :-) Thank you so much for your generosity.

o

Still more! I want to thank:
Cindy/alwaysagarden for the datura mix!
Lisa236 for the Janie marigolds!
I will use both for sure!
Merry Christmas! Melinda

o

Got a nice card from chitownlady Saturday with Kentucky wonder beans and amaranth! Wooohoooo! Thank you, thank you!
Still pouting that my cards are not making it.

hdiperna here are 2 drinks I make that my kids and their friends love! I don't think they are very healthy though but it's only once a year.
Christmas Punch
1 carton lime sherbert
1 large can pineapple juice
2 liter ginger ale
You can melt the sherbert if you want to put it in a bottle but I usually just dump it in a big bowl and pour the juice and ginger ale over it.

Usually, I keep this next one a secret but I'll share it with my GW friends:
Creamy Hot Cocoa
14oz. sweetened condensed milk
1/2c. cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. warm milk
3 c. warm water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Mix condensed milk and cocoa in a large saucepan. Slowly stir in warm milk and warm water. I use a whisk then add in vanilla and cinnamon. Heat over low heat until desired temperature. Mmmmmm!!!!
Didn't have to duct the hubby after all. Thanks for the tips. Everyone is doing better. Hope all my GW friends are well!

o

Spring like day near New Orleans here...and officially first day of winter..nights have been around 36 deg.

Got another card today from Toni, with seeds of Red Noodle Bean and Autumn Beauty Sunflowers, many thanks.

Angela, thank you for posting... we'll have similar drink in the morning, grandson ,like kids, got to have good old desserts, just as long as it's done in moderation, at age 10 he decided to start eating more healthy, for how long who knows, but that was his own decision, glad crispy cream donuts are losing popularity, smile.

Bagardens...sure is exciting to have plenty to share ..had large gardens for years, knowing friends would need some , chickens, ducks and geese too..would run alongside the fence as soon as they'd see me, but it was lots of work at times, esp. digging around the corn, soil was more cakey and muddy and would get stone like in some places , sure not miss it but would love to have raised beds.
Now am taking a break from trimming night blooming jasmine, just too many of them and got too big. So we can decorate with lights, bunch of colorful lights.
Hope you all have what you need and wish,

Merry Christmas!
Bea

o

Thank you for the drink recipes. I can't wait to try them. I think the kids get tired of the same old thing!!

Lisa831 thank you for the Marigold seeds. Marigolds is one of those dependable flowers that are great all summer!!

Well back to my Christmas preparations. I hope I will be done in time!!

Heidi

o

Here is a picture of my dog Penny, she may look like she is being tortured but only she thinks that, she really was not tortured in any way, I promise.

Photobucket

Here is a picture of my other golden retriever Copper. This is the picture that was on the front of my cards that I sent out.

Photobucket

Just thought I would share those pictures with everyone. I will have to take a picture of all my cards and post those also. I too have more GW cards than friends and family cards.

Merry Christmas everyone!

o

I received a card from Lisa831 she sent spicy globe basil. Also received a card from Lisa627 she sent Granny Cantrell's Tomato and Yellow Brandywine Platfoot Tomato. Thank you both for your generosity, I can't wait to plant these.

Merry Christmas!

Patti

o

Agnella, thank you for those drink recipes. I have saved them both, and I think my kids will LOVE them!

Wow, I received three more cards today! Big thank yous to the following folks for the cards and seeds:

Lisa831 for the Lemon Cucumbers. Have you grown these before? I can't remember if they are for slicing/fresh eating or pickles. I like to grow both kinds, some for salads, and some for canning.

Lisam627 for Gaillardia 'Baby Cole' and Tomato 'Pineapple' (really wanted this one!)

Toni (dirtdiggin) for Pumpkin 'Baby Pam', Bean 'Tigers Eye', and Squash 'White (Swan) Acorn'

I have been so blessed by all my GW friends! Thank you for an awesome Christmas! Just think of how full all of our gardens will be next year, and how all of the new flowers and veggies will remind us of our GW buddies!

Bonnie

o

I got two more cards. Wow!

maturegirl2 (jill) not sure if i wrote gw name correctly, sent me Cute dove card with Casablanca oriental lily, black pearl pepper and (Salvia faranacea) blue bedder sage. I really wanted oriental lily so i am very excited. Thank you so much.

Lisa831: French dbl marigold mix with cute Christmas card. Can't wait to try the marigold. Thanks a lot.

Merry Christmas everyone. Here is a very special card for you all. Christmas Card

o

Two more cards recieved today!I wasn't expecting anymore but sure an pleased.
Appaloosa909 sent a nice card,sweet basil seeds and **jumping up and down**some spearmint seeds.Have been wanting these for quite awhile.Thanks Andrea.
KeiKi sent a nice card,2 colors of marigolds and **doing happy dance**stevia seeds.Thank you Robin.

o

Hi everyone,

I got two more cards today --

lisa831 ~ sent petite yellow marigolds -- I love marigolds!

canyonwind ~ sent yellow hibiscus, dinnerplate hibiscus (pink w/ ruby eye) and agapanthus seeds. I can't wait to try the agapanthus!!

Thank you both so much -- I really appreciate it!

anella ~ the drinks recipes sound great -- can't wait to try them.

bagardens ~ such cute dogs!!

Here is a picture of my cocker spaniel Ellie

Photobucket

Thanks again
crisann

o

Hi all, Went to the mailbox today to find 3 Christmas cards with seeds. Wow, what a day.
Lisa831 sent a very nice card with Yellow Marigold Seeds.
Dirtdiggin sent a very nice handmade card with Cosmos seeds.
Riley17 sent a very nice handmade card with Cosmos seeds and Burgundy Blanket Flower seeds.
Thank you all so much.
Want to say also that I have left feedback for all of the people who were my Secret Santas (rate and review). Lisa831 I could not find any posts for you so hopefully I started one for you (was not sure of how to do it).
This has been a really fun exchange to be involved in.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
Barbara aka Perkybarb

o

Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 17:39

We have a nice sunny day going here.
High is 67 today.
My in laws in York Pa got 14 inches of snow Saturday I believe, and My BIL on Long Island got 20 inches.
Brrrrrrr
Bet they could use that Creamy Hot Chocolate recipe.

bagardens, Penny looks adorable especially in the Santa hat.
crisann, Ellie looks like a cute toy.
Got 2 more cards today.
This is such fun.
graanieb sent a nice snowy winter church scene with Conf. Rose, Benary's dbl. pink zinnia and Sweet Banana pepper.
lisa831 sent a cute snowmen card with ornamental Thai hot pepper.

Thanks to you both and Merry Christmas to ALL

o

Received a wonderful snowman Christmas card today from Lisa831 along with purple rose of sharon and Orn. Thai Hot pepper seeds. Thank you so much!

Best to you and Merry Christmas!,
quiltingfox

o

Got a card today from Dirtdiggin! Anaheim pepper seed and Hughs yellow heirloom tomatoe! Been after that one for awhile. THANKS,
Merry Christmas to All!

o

Hi all ho-ho-ho
Got 2 more wonderful cards today;;
gmom 2-6boys/sharon thanks for your great card/shoofly,,rose champion,,columbine mix

Lisa831/ thanks for youe greta card//and snake cucumber,,an lemon cucumber
Can't wait to try those,,Merry Christmas to you all this is so fun,,you all rock Lisa

o

Sorry Im so late posting but have had a busy weekend.I got 3 lovely cards this past week,and i cant remember if I posted thanks to all of you or not.
lisa831
debby_1
ilovefarac
Thank you so much for the cards and seeds I love all of them.
I WISH EACH AND EVERYONE AT GW A:
VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

o

Sorry to have been MIA!! Busy with kiddos ,Christmas & now have some kind of cold/flu thingy.
Many thanks to

aphroditelaughs
linda
mommyto2

later...April
P.S. I feel that I'm leaving some out,but can't find my list!!

o

B-I-N-G-O Words....any Bingos tonight ??

rudolph
rooftop
prancer
poinsettia
peppermint

MAY you ALL have a VERY Merry Christmas..thanks again for being part of the swap and sharing in the REAL meaning of CHristmas !!

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 20:11

Id like to join the list of people thanking Lisa831 for the cute card and the marigold seeds.

:)
Thanks Lisa!

D

o

Hello!
Received a card from:
Riley17 sent the cutest handmade little card I just love with a lot of wonderful hummer seeds of cypress vine, butterfly weed, butterfly bush & trumpet vine. What a treat!
Thank you so much!
Sandy2

o

I also received a card from Lisa831, she sent purple rose of sharon seeds. Thank you very much! Rose of sharons are one of my favorite flowering bushes. I have a few, but do not have a purple one.

Ginger

o

Your all very welcome. Just love seeing all your pets dress up for the holidays

Highalttransplant the Lemon cucumber I use them for slicing/fresh eating

Rane_grow send a very pretty card and Rubeckia seeds thank you

Kym Peppermint has been call before.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

o

Just when I thought it was over I got 3 more cards! What a wonderful treat. Thanks to:

Bagardens - your little Penny made my day. Such and adorable card. Thanks so much for the lettuce and beets. I really wanted the Goldens.

Riley 17 - Your handmade card is totally awesome. Thanks for your generosity. I appreciate the sacrifice you made in sharing your very small quantity of beans. Thanks also for the vine peach and melon.

Gmom2-6boys - my heartfelt thanks for the alliums. I'm wondering if its too late to plant the garlic. So excited. I simply can't wait to try all my wonderful garden gifts.

Thanks to everyone who shared with me this holiday season. I hope those who received from me are as pleased as I am right now.

I'd like to thank everyone just once more:

Patti1957
Iris
Kim
poisondartfrog
pumpkingal
bagardens
riley17
gmom2-6boys

Merry Christmas to all
and to all a goodnight!
April

o

Thanks to Faye for a very pretty card and ornamental grass seed. Can't wait to get them planted! Hope you have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

o

Thanks to Lisa831 for the rose of sharon seeds and bagardens for the parsley root, corn salad, broccoli raab, and squash seeds!

I must say, I've had a rather rocky holiday season, and this swap actually turned out to be one of the high points. So thank you very much all you generous gardeners!

o

I recieved a card from Lisa831 today..Thank you.
Thank you'all so much for All the cards and All the seeds I appreciate them.
I wish each and everyone here at GW a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

o

I received a couple of wonderful cards today.

April - bagardens, sent me Amish Paste tomato seeds with a wonderful card with a golden reindeer on the front. Sorry..he/she is beautiful! We also have a golden, just a bit older ;) Thank you so much.

Also received a very nice card from Lisa - lisam627. With Mexican Hats and Blue Ridge Mountain Tomato seeds. Have been looking for that one for a while now. Thank you so much!

I can't believe how many beautiful cards and precious seed gifts I've received this season. Thank you to everyone for making this such a wonderful swap! I sure didn't expect the number of cards that I've received. I hope this has been as touching of a swap for everyone else as it has been for me. Thank you everyone for making this so enjoyable.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Toni

o

My garden friends,i guess I should not post this here and if it is inappropiate please delete it.But tonight I come here with a heavy heart and this is usually where i come for awhile to leave my worries behind.I come to ask for prayers for my older sister who became ill last Monday and is now on life support.For a few days we were told there was hope and some improvement.Tonight were told she more than likely wont pull through or could be on a ventilator permanently.This is the season of hope and well being.Im asking my gw friends to please lift jackie up in prayer and ask for some hope of recovery.I know GODS will be done,but I just pray that her journey here is not over for a long time.please keep our family in prayer....Velvet

o

Thank you Lisa831 for the french marigold seeds and card! Merry Christmas! Melissa

o

Velvet, I will certainly keep your sister and you and yours in my prayers! May God Bless you all in your time of need! Melinda

o

Velvet - I'm so sorry for your sister's illness. We will keep her and your family in our prayers.

Toni

o

Velvet, prayers for your sister Jackie, you and family.

Never lose hope.

Bea

o

Yeah- yet another card- this one from lisa831!! A pretty dove card and a pack of mixed marigolds. I have just started to appreciate marigolds in my front porch planters, so these are a welcome addition for sure.

Merry CHRISTmas, ((HUGS)) and a blessed growing season to all of my GW friends (-:

o

I received three cards yesterday.

ilovefaroc sent Zinnia Candy Cane and Heuchera Purple Palace.

lisa831 sent Purple Rose of Sharon

and aunt naunee sent a homemade card that is just beautiful with Coreopsis red plains and Arugula Roquette.

Thank you to all of you this has kept my mind off of mom and dad. Dad was just diagnosed with cancer and they only think he has 6 months to live.

Thank you all very much. This means alot to me.
Faye!

o

Velvet, in this season of miracles, prayers for you and yours. May God bless you all in you time of need.

If I forgot anyone in my thank you's, forgive me. I trust every one of my fellow elves has a joyous Christmas and wishes for a prosperous New Year. Remember who is the reason for this season.

Blessings!
La Donna

o

Bagardens,

What a wonderful surprise I discovered in my mailbox yesterday. Such a special Christmas card you've created, with Copper all decked out in Christmas cheer and the photos of your extensive gardens. What fun you must have out there.

A great big thanks to you for the fresh Lettuce seeds. I am going to try and grow some in my small greenhouse this winter. I love fresh lettuce, even eat it as a snack and to be able to grow my own, knowing what HASN't been sprayed on it, will be a treat.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and thank you once again for your kindness in sharing these seeds with me.

Mary
mary_littlerockar

o

I have three grand cards to report!
alwaysagarden sent Cleome Pink Queen
lisa831 sent 2 different Japanese Morning Glorys
and ilovefarac sent Summer Sunset Sunflowers and Pineapple Sage.
They are all great and will all be sown come spring.
Thanks so much!!!
Alana

o

these cards have popped up in my mailbox over the last two days:
Karendee sent a Seeds N Greetings card with milkweed
Annie (canyonwind) sent a lovely card with wisemen and feverfew,mexican sunflower,and indian spring hollyhock
bagardens (April) sent an adorable card with a dog with antlers (is that your dog?) curly parsely and german chamomile
Ginger (ggwrn) sent a card with birds, really pretty and otange thyme, parsely,lemon hibiscus, and profusion fire zinna

I believe that is everyone! Thank you so much for all the wonderful seeds! I can't wait to wintersow!

o

Oh my goodness...another lovely card and seeds..........

lisa831...sent me Janie Series Yellow Marigold

Thanks so much!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Annie

o

Another wonderful card came today!
Annie/Canyonwind sent me calendula kablouna apricot, calendula pink surprise, and cosmos rubenza!! Thanks so very much! I will be planting these!
Everyone is making my Christmas such a wonderful one! I am like most, with my grandparents, mother, and husband gone, these seeds are the best Christmas present I could ask for! Thanks to each and everyone of you! Hugs to all! Melinda

o

Velvet, I am so sorry your family is going through this. I will keep you and your sister and your family in my prayers.

I have more GW friends to thank.

nottougly - Thank you for Rudbeckia hirta 'Indian Summer',
Coreopsis tinctoria 'Mahogany Midget' (I have been wanting this one for a long time & cannot wait to grow it!),
Alyssum maritima var. procumbens 'Apricot Shades' (these sound neat.), and Nigella damascena (Love-in-a-Mist) Blue.

Lois - Thank you for Lobelia cardinalis, Anemone 'Margarete', Asclepias curassavica, &
Asclepias incarnata 'Ice Ballet'. These will surely attract more butterflies & bees to my gardens! :)

bashful gardener - Thank you for all of the yummy sounding veggies! All heirlooms too! Awesome! :)
Sweet Corn 'Golden Bantam'
Sugar Pea 'Mammoth Melting Sugar'
Sweet Pepper 'Chinese Giant'
Winter Squash 'Boston Marrow'
Tomato 'Bloody Butcher'
Tomato 'Mortgage Lifter'
Melon 'Hale's Best Jumbo'
Melon 'Vedrantais'
Beet 'Chioggia'
Eggplant 'Rosa Bianca'
Eggplant 'Black Beauty'
Nicotiana sylvestris (Peace Pipe)

cherone7 - Thank you for the Turnips & Collards. I have not grown them before & very much look forward to trying them!

Going to try to get caught up on writing reviews now.

Oh, and I have 20 bingo words so far.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All! :)

Don

o

Hi all,

Got two cards today.

From Lisa831 I got Armenian and Lemon Cucumber

And from Agnella I got Broken Colors Four O'Clocks and Okra.

Thank you both for the nice cards.I know I will enjoy your seeds.

Kevin

o

Nottougly sent the most beautiful card with Santa and a snowman. She sent columbine seeds. Last year I started a border for the Historic Society with no budget. It really needs some spring flowers and this will be a great start. Thank you so much.

mao

o

I am excited to say my day was brightened with 3 more cards!

CHERE - Cinnamon Basil, Lime Basil and Italian Parsley - thanks so much!

ILOVEFARAC - White Marigolds - thanks a million - these are great!

RANE_GROW - Flat Leaf Italian Parsley and Lemon Basil - I love these!

I don't know if anyone has tried this, but last summer I planted basil, parsley and cilantro under my rose bushes. I had read that it keeps the insects away because they don't like the smell of herbs....and I am happy to report that it worked! I didn't have any aphids, and the numbers of Japanese Beetles - which usually are swarming my plants and all of my neighbors plants too, were significantly reduced. Not gone - but I had a lot less of them.

Plus...I love to cook...so all these herbs come in handy!

So again, thanks everyone for their generous gifts of seeds, as they are ALL very much appreciated!!!!

Lisa

o

Tue, Dec 22, 09 at 15:08

Velvet, I am so sorry about your sister. I will say a prayer for her and your family.

o

Velvet, I will certainly keep your sister and you and yours in my prayers!
Faye will keep your Dad and family in my thought and prayer.

o

Hi All,

I received two more cards:

canyonwind: Bloomsdale Spinach, Lemon Cucumber

ilovefarac: Dk Pink Tree Peony, Dbl Red Peony

I will certainly enjoy growing these

Thank you both Annie and Melinda

I will be traveling to NJ tomorrow to spend Christmas with my five sisters, two daughters, four grandchildren and more nieces, great-nieces, nephews, great-nephews than I can count. I have been blessed with a very large family and gatherings are always the best (even if we fight a little)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my GW friends.

Margarita10

o

More cards today!!!

Thanks go to :
Sheri Ann
margarita 10
&
catrionaa

later...April

o
Another veggie!RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7

Another veggie to add to the vegetable garden. Thank you, Lisa831, for the Sumter Cucumber! This sounds like really nice variety because I read that when it is small it is virtually seedless for fresh cucumber things, but it also a great pickler. Thank you so much for the cucumbers!!

Deanna

o

Hi everyone,Once again I want to send my thanks to these wonderful people,I was a little late getting to the po.We were under 3ft.of snow,I was so excited to receive so many more cards,A great christmas!!
THANK YOU TO!!
Ginger(ggwrn)
Karen(karendee)
Dawn(auntnawnee)
April(bogardens)
Iris(ranegrow)
Lisa(lisam627)
Lisa 831
Faye(Nottougly)

I really appreciate all the beautiful cards and seeds Marcella

o

Hello again,
I received another card today from:
Canyonwind who sent so many nice seeds that I don't have, cup & saucer vine, yellow trumpet and white salvia.
How wonderful --- thank you so very much!

I have a total of 16 bingo words......Oh Boy
Merry Christmas to all
Sandy2

o

Hello,

I received another very nice card from chitownladyd which included a nice pkg of pink petunias and surprise annuals...Can't wait to see what they are :) Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!!!

Toni

o

I am so thrilled to be here posting thanks and ((hugs))again:

dorisl: milkweed seeds and clemantis Savannah- how exciting, I've been wanting to try growing them both

agnella: a totally cool handmade card with baptista and strawberry blonde sunflower seeds as the ornaments, loved the scripture reference (-:

Ya'll have made this the best CHRISTmas for me in many years

o

Prayers going out to Velvet and Velvet's family.

Cards from me were finished up and placed into the outgoing mailbox, by this swap's deadline. They might arrive after Xmas given the 2000 miles or so that they will need to travel.

Took me longer than expected to get my Elfing done, due to not only the numerous usual holiday activities and preparations, & a recent auto accident's negative effects on my health and mobility.

Also, my husband and I are doing home renovations on the place we are occupying, seeing medical specialists to determine whether or not I will need chemotherapy...and also trying to adopt a child- all of which sure takes up a lot of my limited time and energy.

Apologies in advance if any cards from me arrive late due to me being so frazzled and overwhelmed with it all. If I don't get adequate rest because I push myself too hard for GW hobby activities, my fragile health will suffer even more. Not an acceptable outcome.

I will post thank-yous for cards received as my time, energy, and health allow...Possibly on Christmas Day. :)
Wishing you all a good one!

o

I received two more cards yesterday. One from ilovefarac. She sent pink wave petunia and large red cherry tomato. The other was from Lisam627. She sent isis candy tomato and black plum tomato. Thanks to both of you for being my Secret Santa. Hope you have a great Christmas. Can't wait till spring to get all my seeds growing.
Nancy
retsec

o

Here's tonights bingo words,

peace
nutcracker
north pole
nativity
mrs clause

goodluck!

o

Dear Velvet,,I am praying for your sister,,,
grovespirit,,do what is best for you,, please take care of you,,
I pushed too much after my sergury had to go back in hospital for 3 more days,,
You all take care my prayers are with you both,,Lisa

o

Outstanding! Received another wonderful card with seeds!

From Lisa (lisa831) - A really, *really* nice card stylishly depicting three shepherds, the Heralding Angel and the star over Bethlehem, containing "Lemon Cucumber" and "Armenian Cucumber (aka "Snake Cucumber)" seeds! Haven't grown cukes for a while, so really look forward to growing these babies! Grateful thanks and "Happy Jesus' birthday!" :)

o

Received 2 more cards today. One from mommyto2 the cutest card and clematis 'Nelly Moser', sweet william mix, and sweet william 'Tuxedo Bloec' and from nottougly a white clematis and a tube clematis. I am going to have so many clematis's and owe it all to gardening friends. The cards from everyone are so cute. Thank you so much. This has been so much fun, I don't want it to stop at Christmas.
Ellie

o

I just got the mail and many thank yous are being sent out:

To Lisam627 - thank you so much for the helleborous and california poppies

To dirtdiggin and family - many thanks for the winter giant spinach, calypso bean and appaloosa bean

To nottougly - thank you so much for the california poppies

To bagadons (April) - love the spring and summer pictures of your garden and the california poppies.

To Lisa831 - thank you so much for the purple rose of Sharon

It is definately a Merry Christmas! Kelly (Kellycomposter)

o

I received a very nice card from ggwrn, thank you for the black cumin, chicory and rue ruta graveolens! I can't wait to grow these. Merry Christmas!

Patti

o

Velvet...you and your family are in my prayers.

Lisa

o

Many Many thanks goes to EVERYONE for being part of the swap !! I received an amazing

amount of cards, even after asking for them to be sent to Morgan's family !! Much thanks goes to

anyone that mailed to her family...I did hear that it helped to know that so many people around

the world was there to support them !

I would like to thank....

Quiltingfox for my first card of the season, I so love to read...and will enjoy the handmade

bookmark !

micyrey love the handmade card !! and thanks for the seeds..I will have to get wintersowing :D

Patti1957 thanks for the cute card ! the trees are so cute !

Wishdesign your so creative ! thanks for the handmade card

hdiperna thanks for the cute card ! Reminds me of "back home"

ruthz thanks for the candycane card ! too cute

ptp813 thanks for the adorable snowman card and great seeds !! I will be wintersowing now..lol

gmom2-6boys thanks for the cute card !! Much appreciated

daisyb loved the glitter and church on the card !

nlb52 thanks for the cute kitty card and seeds ! I appreciate the seeds..and look forward to

growing them :D

dan the mailman as always, you find a way to make others smile ! thanks for the cute card of

bump and stella

canyonwind much thanks for the great seeds and card !!

bagardens your dog is just too cute !! great idea to share ur gardens, sure makes me miss spring..lol

Lisa831 thanks for the cute candle card ! :D

pumpkingal ur handmade card is really cute ! thanks for the seeds and ornament kit !

sandy2 you are TOOOO funny ! My daughter opened most of the cards, and she was laughin, saying, mom she is so funny..thanks so much for me SEED !!! LOL

ilovefarac thanks for the cute snowman card ! :))

lisa627 thanks for the clematis seeds and cute church in snow card !

crisann, love the handmade card !! You have great penmen ship too !! Much thanks !

sherriricharson, how neat to know u published a gardening BOOK !! Wish you the best with it ! Thanks for the cute card and seeds !!

Graaniebea..thanks for the beautiful card and generous amount of seeds !

Id like to thank each and everyone of you for joining the swap, and for giving of your time, seeds, and love to all the others on GW !! May you all have a "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year "

To those with sickness, my prayers go out to you all !! Velvet I am so sorry to hear about your sister, I will keep her in my prayers, and sending big hugs your way !!

o

Received another wonderful card with seeds from dirtdiggin..Thank you very much!
Merry Christmas and God Bless everyone...

o

I want to thank Lisa831 for the lovely card and the marigold seeds.

We really are blessed to be able to participate in this wonderful exchange.

mao

o

Thank you to alwaysagarden for the Zebrina Mallow seeds. I grew these a couple years ago, but managed to not save any seeds. Thank you!

Ellie

o

Received a card (reminded me of home on the farm) from rane-grow for the mised colors of dianthus. Thank you so very much and for everyone's participation. This has been so much fun. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Ellie

o

I'm a "fireplace" and "Blitzen" away from bingo!

o

I need 3 words to have Bingo.

Does everyone have their Christmas stuff ready? Mine is slowly coming together. I can't believe how fast this month has gone.

I want to get past the holidays so I can start winter sowing. I don't think I have ever looked forward to Spring like I am now!!

Heidi

o

If anyone would like to join in, I just posted the new January MNF swap, called New Beginnings. Everyone is welcome to join.
Just thought I'd let you all know...

Peace.
-Dan

o

Can you believe it's almost Christmas Eve?

Heidi, I think I'm ready, just have a few more presents to wrap and finish house cleaning. Hmmmm... do we EVER finish cleaning house? We hit the stores yesterday with a grocery list a mile long. My daughter came up with a rather large menu to celebrate her grandma - my MIL - coming out to visit us for Christmas for the first time ever. This will be an extra special Christmas for us! Oh, and I agree, this month had just flown by.

I have yet another card! This one is from Lisa/Lisam627. She sent a beautiful nativity card with the reason for the season on it, "For unto us is born a Savior". Beautiful card, Lisa, thanks! Inside were hibiscus (fantasm) and Mexican Hats! Yea! Thank you so much, Lisa!

Velvet, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's illness. We will keep your family in our prayers.

For everyone else with illnesses or facing difficult times this Christmas, you will be in my prayers, too.

Prayers also out to those that are affected by the winter storm. We are supposed to get some of that here, but it means only high winds and maybe some rain and another freeze. Oh joy, will have to go out and rebuild the cold frame I built to shelter the outdoor plants from the last freeze! LOL - but at least I have kids at home now to help out!

~Kathy

o

Velvet, your sister Jackie is in my prayers and you are too!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Annie

o

Merry Christmas Eve!!!!! Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Very nice , thank you Dan, Merry Christmas Eve to you and everyone!!!
Prayers for the ones needing them, most of all for the sick, wishing you serenity, strength, patience and hope for life to gets better soon.
Kym, you're welcome, thank you very much...knew you said you don't need seeds, thought you'll want at least one and will enjoy sharing them, something I have plenty of seeds and recipes, smile.

Hoping for a good weather for kite flying, cricket game and more, rained again last night, let's hope that's over with for at least 2 days...my 10 year old grandson is here, we need clear skies! smiles.

~*~ MERRY CHRISTMAS ~*~

Bea

o

I started baking cookies and all my mail got "shoved", Cleaning up for company tonight and found my cards... I am sorry I wasn't more timely in my thankyous.

Thanks to...
Margarita10 for the eggplant, 4 O'clocks and Plum Celosia
Bagardens (April) for the Celosia and Salad burnet
Mommyto2 (Monica) for the Dahlia, Red Cardinal Flowerand 2 kinds of 4 O'Clocks. Cute Mousy Card!
Daffodillady for the 4 O'clocks
Aphroditelaughs ( Ellie) for the Calendula and Salad Burnet
Lisam627 (Lisa) for the Paul Robeson and Nyagous Tomatos. LOVE the blacks!

I am soooo looking forward to next spring. I plan on having 4 O'clocks EVERYWHERE. They bloom around noon in my front yard and 3ish in the back. The pots on my front porch bloom almost all day (guess their confused).

Thanks to EVERYONE especially Kym for making this another great Secret Santa Swap. I had a great month "mailboxing" Hope everyone else did too.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Andrea
Appaloosa909

o

B I N G O Words

Merry Christmas
gingerbread house
fruitcake
fireplace
donner

Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good night !!!!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas And Happy New Year !

o

Thank you for yet other wonderful cards from....

Lisa831 with Petite yellow Marygolds My card cabinet is full and looks so wonderful with all the kind greetings and special seeds sent.

You guys are the BEST!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

o

Hmmmm half of my post is gone hmmmmm....

what it should have said is.....

Lisa831 with Petite yellow Marygolds and....

Alwaysagarden with Sweet William mixed tall & short.

Thank you to you both and everyone else who has sent cards my way!!!

My card cabinet is full and looks so wonderful with all the kind greetings and special seeds sent.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

o
missing parts of my post hmmmmmmm

Hmmmm half of my post is gone hmmmmm....

what it should have said is.....

Lisa831 with Petite yellow Marygolds and....

Alwaysagarden with Sweet William mixed tall & short.

Thank you to you both and everyone else who has sent cards my way!!!

My card cabinet is full and looks so wonderful with all the kind greetings and special seeds sent.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

o

Thank you Rane_grow got a wonderful card and luna blush hibiscus--mixed love in a mist--mixed larkspur,,thank you so much
Every on Merry christmas eve,,,thank to all you great little elves,, have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow--Lisa

o
duplicated post

how strange, now it duplicated my post...I'm jinxed or something lol. Sorry for the dupes...

Toni

o

Merry Christmas to all my new gardening friends

o

Wishes for love, peace and joy go to all my gardening friends ...
with love and thanks.

Plus, thank you Cherone for the wishes and seeds of Mex. sunflower and Purple Hull peas -it does well here in La.

It rained most of the day, sunset created gorgeous skies with a bright rainbow.

Here's what I made earlier, my dd Mary's fav side dish, make it for every special occasion, it is simple, want to share the recipe with you all.

CURRIED RICE

( or any other flavor rice, if you don't care for curry.
Make it with preferred rice, chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in boiled water -instead of broth, 3 T chopped dried onion or onion soup in can-and extra broth as needed, instead of onion soup in pkg)
Bake in microwave or conventional oven or cook on stove top.

Ingredients are in approximate amounts. Can add peas /other vegetables or/and toasted nuts.

2 c uncooked jasmine rice ( white/brown )
4 c chicken broth ( healthy)
1 pkt Lipton Onion soup mix
3-4 T butter
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste ,opt

Combine all in a microwavable dish, cover and cook until done -rice will be fluffy and absorb most of the liquid; don't let it be dry. Stir half way thru cooking. Let stand after it's done for about 10 minutes then gently stir again.
May stir in extra T of butter.

Merry Christmas Eve.

o

Another card and seeds received today from naturegirl236. Very cute card and a variety of seeds. Thanks so much Jill.
Barbara aka PerkyBarb

o

Cold & wet & VERY WINDY here tonight.

Catrionaa - Thank you for the Beet 'Detroit Dark Red', Carrots 'Danver's Half Long', & 'Chantenay', & for the
Pepper 'Chili Pequin'. I've never grown beets or carrots before & can't wait to try them!

highalttransplant - Thank you for the Sunflower 'Vanilla Ice'. I grew sunflowers for the first time this year & just love them! And for the Asclepias tuberosa 'Gay Butterflies' & Gaillardia 'Goblin'. It will be my first Gaillardia. And I have really been wanting the Pepper 'Sweet Chocolate'.

aphroditelaughs - Thank you for all the great veggies & the lobelia & spilanthes... Very much looking forward to trying the broccoli! Will be my first time growing it.
Lobelia cardinalis
Spilanthes (Toothache Plant)
Corn 'Purple Peru'
Corn 'Ashworth'
Long Bean 'Dolico del Metro'
Pole Bean 'Blue Lake'
Snow Pea 'Sandy'
Snow Pea 'Oregon Giant'
Broccoli 'Purple Sprouting'

ilovefarac - Thank you so much for the Eggplants 'Casper' & 'Burpee's Gourmet Blend'. When I decided I wanted to try growing some eggplants next year, I had no idea there were so many different types of them. Very exciting!

Prayers & Joy to all of you.

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!!!

I need one more word for bingo.

Don

o

I'd like to thank -- Lisa831 -- for a special late surprise of your lovely card and Marigold seeds. A garden should never be without the sunny little faces of Marigolds.

"Merry Christmas" to all and may your new year be the best one ever.

Mary

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 25, 09 at 10:49

Merry Christmas!

Thank you to maemae0312 for the very kewl variagated KMOTTG!!

o

I want to thank naturegirl236 for the cute snowman card filled with Cardinal Flower, Casa Blanca Oriental Lily, Rose of Sharon, and Pineapple Sage. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas too Jill.

Many thanks to dorisl for the beautiful handmade card filled with Mixed Hostas and Blue Vitex. I really wanted to try my luck with the Vitex - I think it is so pretty.

Lisa831 sent me French Double Marigold Mix in a beautiful Christmas card with scripture from the Christmas story. Thank you Lisa. I hope you will have a blessed Christmas.

o

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful new year, with many beautiful gardens!

crisann

o

: -) I'm glad your all happy with the cards I sent. I'm praying for y'all too. :-) Merry Christmas!! I have some more thank you's too and I'm also a bit late and I apologize. I had my last knee surgery friday and I'm finally starting to walk with a walker. :) yay! But I will be back with lots of thanks but I did lose one package of Christmas tree seeds from their card so I apologize I dont know who sent them but thanks! They are awesome I cant wait to grow them!
Holly

o

I got a nice homemade card from cherone7 yesterday. She sent me squash delicata. Thanks so much for being my Secret Santa. Hope you had a great Christmas.
Nancy
retsec

o

I received a card from dirtdiggin yesterday. Thank you for the Quadrato di Asti Giallo Pepper and Musquee de Provence Squash. Hope your having a nice Christmas.

Patti

o

I recieved wonderful cards and seeds from the following gardeners...

Sandy2
dirtdiggin
dirt_under_my_nails
poisondartfrog
margarita10
lisa831
canyonwind
yotetrapper
aphroditelaughs
Carol57078
ilovefarac
katsgarden864
Kamiljablo
pumkingal

Thank you so much to all of you! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

Blessings to Everyone,
Cindy ; )

o

Good Morning,

I hope you all had the most lovely Merry Christmas. To all, be safe wherever you may be prancing and stay warm!

Happy Saturday!

Annie

o

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Sorry I have not been on in a bit. So chilly, very windy and wet here but no snow.

vel - prayers for your sister, hope she is doing better.

I have to thank my down-the-road GW friend, maemae. She sent me a lovely card with variegated Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate. I can't wait to see this growing! Thanks so much! Thanks for the local swap info, too.

I see a few of the last cards I sent out made it but still some of my earlier ones are not popping up. Maybe before New Years???

o

Two more cards today.

Cherone7 sent sweet corn,and although I can't use it because my only sunny garden is in the small front yard, I've already passed it on to someone else.

Dirtdiggin sent Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia which I just added to my want list a few days ago. They're going to look great in the Historic Societies garden.

Thank you both and happy New Years everyone.

mao

o

More THANK YOUs go out to:
maemae0312; for a cute stocking card and varigated kiss me over the garden gate. I love variagated plants and flowers!

Have a safe and fun New Year everyone!!

o

Receive a Pretty christmas tree card from Alwaysgarden today with Cabbage green seeds, Thank you and hope your christmas was a great one.

Nlb52 your card is being resend it came back today,I mix your zipcode up. So Sorry.

o

Thank you Maemae0312 for the Kiss me over the garden gate. I don't have any of this and thought I might buy some...now I don't have to.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Heidi

o

Hello everyone,Wanted to say thank you once again,To these wonderful people who sent more cards,

Toni-sent cherry brandy
Don-Zinnias
Cherone-Purslane

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas,Marcella

o

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
I received a few more cards today!
Thank you MaeMae for the varigated KMOTGG, can't wait to see this growing!
Thanks also the Appaloosa909 and Annie (canyonwind) the seeds got mixed up, but I have balloon flowers, balsam and columbines which came out of those envelopes!

Again thanks to everyone for the wonderful cards, ans seeds and holiday smiles! I hope you all a very happy and prosperous 2010!

Frances

o

Just when I thought the mailboxing might be done ... I received 2 more cards !

Thank you Dorisl for the Christmas fern ! I have never grown ferns from seed before, I am looking forward to adding to my woodland backyard garden ;-)

And thank you to Ilovefarac for the beefsteak tomato seeds ... yummy ... I miss my fresh from the garden blt sandwiches ;-) I can hardly wait for spring and summer again !

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas , the snow is melting here, I am enjoying having my son here for a couple more weeks ;-)

I want to thank everyone again who made checking the mail a lot of fun for me this holiday season ! and thank you Kym for hosting this wonderful swap ! It certainly made the last few weeks so enjoyable and added something special to the holiday season for me , especially since I am so far from my family , its nice to have a " GW gardening family " to share with ;-)

Best wishes to you all for a Happy New Year and Happy Gardening !

~Iris

o

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I received a card today from Maemae0312. She sent varigated kiss me over the garden gate. Thank you very much!

Ginger

o

I received another special card and seeds today........

alwaysagarden.....sent me Cleome seeds

Thanks Cindy!!!! I hope your Christmas was wonderful in every way!!!! Happy New Year...Cheers!!!

Annie

o

Well here is another late update folks.

First a big thank you to donperkins.He sent me two of my favorite Hybrid maters Celebrity and Better Boy along with to fine heirloom tomatoes Rutgers and Marglobe.And some peppers black pearl,Cayenne,Sweet Banana,Cal Wonder,Hungarian Wax ,Habanero.

Dirtdiggin sent Jalapeno pepper seeds and kabocha squash and some Rouge Vif d' Etampes Pumpkin seeds.

cherone7 sent some good ol' Beefsteak tomatoes and some Jack O' Lantern seeds.

Thanks everyone so much for the seeds you sent.My family will enjoy them very much.

Also to let you all know I am just about over my bout with pneumonia.Thank God !!!!!!

Kevin

o

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
I received 2 cards yesterday from:
donperkins sent a nicely package card w/ red cypress, verbena, and elephant garlic seeds - thank you so much!
and also
cherone7 sent a lovely handmade card w/ mexican sunflower seeds - thank you also!
Also another thanks to Kym for making this possible!

May all have a healthy & safe New Year!
Sandy2

o

I received a card from cherone7 yesterday. Thank you for the sweet corn.

Patti

o

I recieved another card yesterday with clitoria seeds inside! Thank you so much Sheriannricherson !!
I've been really wanting these and can't wait to plant them late Spring. ; )

Cindy

o

Wow,...I about can't believe it! I actually received another card, yesterday,...from Jill (naturegirl236)! Elly and I *really* appreciate the "Peace on earth" dove card, and *goodness gracious*, wotta MARVELOUS collection of seeds!! ... Clustered Bellflower (Campanula Glomerata)/Bronze Fennel/White Currant Tomato/Rue/Summer Savory/Campanula americanum and Nold Ornamental Purple Pepper. Thank you, Jill, sooooo much!! :) Gonna have a lot of fun with these seeds! This will definitely be one of *the* busiest Springs we've had in *years*!

Thanks again, Kym, for hosting this great, fun, festive swap!! It *REALLY* made our Christmas! - Thank you and Bless you *all*!!

o

Been shoveling snow ALL weekend! Enough!
After breaking a trail for the mailperson saturday, I found a card from cherone 7. Thanks so much for the radish seed! Merry Christmas!

o

BINGO WORDS

Incase anyone is still playing here is the last of the words..

comet
blitzen
bethlehem
bells
beleive

This Santa became a bit worn out, sorry I slacked off a bit on the posts..my body doesnt always cooperate the way I want it to !!

ANYONE else with cards to report ?? I just went thru another 60 emails, and will have a grand total for you all soon...and winners to the number game !!

Happy New Year to you ALL !!

o

I hope each and everyone of you had a wonderful Christmas.I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.We received our Christmas Miracle today.On Christmas day my sister was able to communicate with us by writing on paper.We were so happy,but still concerned that she might not ever be able to come off of the respirator.Today,she called me.What a glorius blessing.They took her off all the machines today except for a few things.She may even go to stepdown in a couple of days.So I cant thank all of you enough for the many prayers
I also want to thank agnella and cherone for the beautiful handmade cards and seeds.If I have forgotten anyone else please except my apology,and I am very thankful.
Kym,I havent even had a chance to thank you for hosting a wonderful swap.It was great..thank you.
Also my prayers go out to each of you with sickness and other problems.May the new year bring us all good health and well being.Again thank yall....Velvet

o

BINGO..

o

Wow, Velvet! Your post just gave me chills. Proof of the power of prayer, I believe. Congratulations on your sister's recovery! That is awesome news!!!

Bonnie

o

Velvet - We're still praying for a complete recovery. We all know that God's will be done, but the power of prayer saved my hubby years ago after being hit by a vehicle as a pedestrian. Docs had no idea how he healed....cause he wasn't supposed to live. We are praying for many years for you and your sis together...Take care,

Toni

o

Wow! Velvet...that's wonderful news, will keep your sister in prayer for her to continue to improve.
Holly also, everyone else needing it, prayers for us all.

Wish Christmas wouldn't be over so fast, keeping decors til New Year's since my dd's B'day is the day before-thursday.
It'd have been even better if my son could have made it from Calif, hopefully in January. Grandson provided most entertainment.
Card my s-i-l's parents sent said it so well:

* May Christmas bring you the gifts of love and laughter
and the blessing of peace *

Good for any day.

Many thanks Kym and all,bbl

Bea

o

I got the BINGO words too but I am little late. Doesn't matter.

Velvet, I am glad that your sister is doing good. I know prayer works. On 2005 my dad went through the similar situation where he was on ventilator and 4 doctors had said, "it's too late, nothing could be done." They even advised us not to put him on ventilator, but we knew Jesus can do miracles today also so we insisted to put him on the ventilator and prayed and never gave up our hopes. Finally we got our miracle when my dad got out of the hospital after two long months. We have published a book "Through the valley of death" which describes the horrible and unforgetable ordeal we went through.

Yes prayer does work. My dad is still alive and doing good.

o

I was pleasantly surprised to find two cards in my mail today. One fromCheryl (cherone7) that included sweet corn and redegg eggplant. These are two veggies I haven't tried to grow yet!
I also received a card from Don (donperkins) which had in it vulgare orengano, verbena,stevia and japanese painted ferns. I've never grown fern from seeds so this will be exciting!
Thank you both so much!

o

Thanks cherone7 for the sweet corn and cucmber seed I will sure enjoy those next summer! Also received Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia seeds from dirtdiggin and family, thanks alot, they are one of my favorites.

o

Many more thanks are in order. :-) I thought it was all done and I have received a few more cards just after Christmas. Yea!

Thank you to:
Lisa831 - for the yellow marigold
Canyonwind - for the salvia blue bedder and coral nymph (thanks for sharing what you had it only takes one seed to sprout and grow to have a plant :-))
Nottoughly - for the pink bee balm
Sandy2 - for the crorosmia (not sure if I had already thanked you)

It has been such a blessing to receive the cards and seeds. I get more excited about the Secret Christmas cards than the ones family send.

Thank you all for your generosity and thoughtfulness.

Have an awesome gardening New Year!

Pam

o

Mon, Dec 28, 09 at 13:26

Got another beautiful handmade SS card Saturday.
ptp813, I thought it was over also. In fact we didn't even check our mailbox Saturday. Still felt like a Holiday.

cherone7 sent Black Cherry tomato and mini red & yellow bellpepper.

Thank you for the wonderful card and seeds and
Have a Happy New Year

o

I was surprised to receive another card today. Donperkins send some Stevia, and Leonitis lenorus seeds. Had to look that last one up. It sounds very unique, and perfect for my hot, dry garden. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Bonnie

o

Hi everyone ! I received another card today !!

Thank you Maemae for the variegated Kiss me over the garden gate seeds ! I've been wanting to grow these and now I can ;-)

~Iris

PS I had BINGO too ;-)

o

Wow what a surprise -- two more cards in the mail today!!

Mary C. ~ for the variegated kiss me over the garden gate!

and

mommyto2 ~ for the hibuscus ( luna red, dk pink, luna pink swirl, white w/red eye), moonflower, dianthus (double flower mix), agapanthus, and amaranthus (red and mixed). The envelope was completly destroyed, but amazingly the card and the seeds were fine! :)

Thanks so much to you both -- I am definitely going to have to enlarge my flower beds!

Crisann

o

I got a card today from Cherone7 with Black-eyed Susans; thanks so much! By the way, I love the verse on your card ("One who gardens works hand in hand with God").
Thanks again!
Sandra

o

Wow, I am glad I checked the mail today, because I got another card.. Thank you so much, ilovefarac, for the salvia greggii seeds and the fig leaf hollyhock seeds. I can't wait to grow them. :o)

Lois in PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here