Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Birthday Bash 2009 Secret Santa Dec Swap

Posted by ncgardengirl 7b 8a NC (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 2:37

Photobucket

I want to wish EVERYONE The very MERRIEST CHRISTMAS. Merry Christmas EVERYONE! May you all have a GREAT DECEMBER!!!

:)Fran

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday Bash 2009 Secret Santa Dec Swap

Yeah, I wasn't going to post yet, but I am still up so I thought I would go ahead and do it.

:) Fran

o
Repost for Vic

This is a repost for Vic since this is where the contents of this box should have been I moved it over here :) Fran

Posted by vic_zn5 5 MT (My Page) on Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 22:33

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to let ya all know I'm still alive! LOL
Deb, Your box is in the works and will fly SOON! I PROMISE!

We've been having so much going on around here I haven't been on, I haven't read the posts and hope all is well with everyone!

AND!!!!!
I got an AWESOME box from my secret santa! THANKS MARIE!

I will try to get a pic on soon....

The box had TWO adorable gift bags in it, one for me and one for Zack!

His bag had a write on wipe off activity sheet,
a really cute card (Marie did you make this?) clipped to an envie of hot cocoa (GONE!)
watering can
grow kit of flowers
a cute 1-2-3 zoo numbers book
Christmas stickers
AND one of Marie's adorable hand made snowman ornaments with his name on it!!
(I just KNOW I am forgetting something, but he would NOT leave it all alone till I could post it! LOL

I got
a note pad
awesome scented sachet (sp) chocolate almond MMMMMM!
sugar cookie bath salts - smells great OHHHH, Zack also got some Christmas tree bath confetti! (He loves it! : )
a really nice pair of gloves!
a hot cocoa envie with the adorable card on it (gone)
M & M's (gone)
Miracle grow
A Christmas tree grow kit!
AND...
My little hand made snowman ornament with my name on it
AND...
2 very pretty handmade hot pads that are Christmas themed, (I'm guessing you made these too Marie, they are adorable!)
Oh, I almost forgot, this very cute little sewing machine trinket box that is ceramic and has a little ceramic pair of scissors and a spool of thread in it! So cute!

Marie, I just have this feeling I'm forgetting something, if I am please forgive me! I am just thrilled to death about my santa box! Thanks so much, I love everything!! You really outdid yourself! (as usual! : )

I feel guilty, I haven't sent Deb's box yet, but I got a WONDERFUL box for myself!

I've gotta run, I promised Zack he could play his computer games before bed, boy do I regret showing him the computer! LOL

Hope everyone had a great holiday, and didn't get injured if you went shopping on black friday! I went, got great deals and didn't even get into one argument! LOL

Take care everyone, I'll be back to read the posts and catch up!

Vicky

o

I thought this was a Secret Santa. Do we post who sent to us or not???
Mariann

o

I think Mama Fran already chewed on Vic a bit for letting the cat out of the bag. LOL (just kidding!)

I think we ARE supposed to keep it a secret. Just post the contents of our boxes, right Fran? Or am I mistaken?
Could be...I've been weepy & hysterical all day (kids words, not mine). I think I'm just emotional & too pregnant. :O)

o

Hi all, I must admit that I've been a bit down today also. I've been praying for Dan and his loss.
On a much brighter note, I received my box from "someone" - not going to make the mistake of posting my sender and get into trouble (grin)

My box really made my day and Sarah Kate's too. She's been going nuts to open a present and all my goodies were individually wrapped in the happiest polka dot paper. Sarah Kate even had one especially for her
She got:
a mini scrapbook kit (Christmas)
sugar and spice lotion (she loves it! Wish you could smell her right now!!!)
and yummny chocolate lip gloss (I'll post pics later -so cute)
I got a whole bunch of good stuff:
An ornament: heartshaped ginger bread cookie (it's huge and looks good enough to eat:)
A handmade picture of a rabbit and Christmas packages - this is absolutely adorable!!!!!
Supreme hot cocoa mix
caramel hot cocoa mix
french vanilla and chocolate hot cocoa mix
mint chocolate hot cocoa mix
raspberry and chocolate hot cocoa mix
A holiday card making kit - I LOVE IT
3 candy canes, SK stole these too
My own mini scrapbook kit
Homemade strawberry preserves
Burts bees Lip shimmer (You know I love Burt's bees)
Assorted chocolates - OK YUM
A bag of tulip bulbs (pink), I'll have these in the ground by the weekend
A BEAUTTIFUL pink and green garden tote FILLED with
2 hand rakes and a shovel (coordinated of course for the sophisticated gardener:):):)
A bag of jiffy peat pellets
A huge bottle of shake and feed Miracle gro fertilizer (can you ever get enough of this???)
WOWWOWWOWWOWWW - Santa really went all out with my box and I happen to know she's been just a little bit busy with other things....
hmmmmmmm, anyone have a guess at who my partner is? My lips are sealed... Nik

o

No Mariann, We are not supposed to post WHO sent our Secret Santa boxes.
However, I do believe we agreed after the swap is completed we will or I will post who sent to whom.

Vic, was just a little excited I believe and she lost her head....LOL.

I have so much to do and absolutly NO motivation to get anything done! I should be working on cards and seeds but I just can't seem to do anything....

Bunny girl, get hoppin' and have that baby! We need some really good news and we are all waiting on you...lol!
I got your card today, Thank you. It is my first of the season.

So Nik, does that mean you are THRILLED with your Christmas box...hehe

It sure sounds like it was a nice one.

That is 2 great boxes for this month, once again you ladies are on the ball again!
I am sure the rest of us are all excited about our boxes to be! HEHE, or is that Ho, Ho, Ho?

Oh well, guess I better get moving and find something to do besides sit here.

Later Ladies,

o

Fran, dont cha know Elves are suppose to work first, then play...

I dont have the "spirit" to get anything done either...BUT I feel that the most imp thing I can do is keep people happy in a time when so much sadness is going on..so why not join me...and lets keep everyones spirits lifted.

Bunny, I am really loking forward to the baby coming, and I think it would be awesome to have a pic of your baby waiting for when Dan returns...he will need all the "cheering up" he can get...so come on...have that baby !! (hug) I am sure you are soo ready for it to be over too...are the kids excited ? I know my daughter has been asking each day...

Diene, havent seen ya in a bit, how is the hand ? Will the finger impair your activities ? I surely hope not !

Where is everyone else ? I hope all is well with you all.

Ok, off to find something to keep me busy...

Kym...impatiently waiting for my box to reach Deb...

o

Vic - Glad you liked everything :)

your 'not so secret' Santa
LOL

o

Yeah, Marie, you didn't get to hide very well huh?

I am sure you tried, Vic is just VERY good at guessing...lol.

Ya'll remember I found HER on EBAY and she guessed it was ME from my ebay name on the first try because I MADE HER guess WHO I was...
my ebay name: fandv she got it from that...lol.

BTW Vic, you haven't told me yet if you still will need the seeds I promised you for that. If you have already ordered them let me know.

o

Kym's box arrived! The first thing I unpacked from the box was an adorable snowman, wearing flannel pants! Plus a bunch of other 'goodies'..
Seeds~ Lettuce, Onion, Dill
Mexican Shell flower bulbs, Allium bulbs
Cute wooden Garden Angel plaque
Trading spaces episode guide book
Cupcake/silicone molds (love baking with silicone items)
Box of herb lemon tea, my favorite!
Sugar cookie candle, smells sooo good!

Kym,
Thank you so much for the wonderful box! I LOVE everything! This really has been soooo much fun! ;)

Hugs,
Deb

o
Oops....

OOPS.. sorry, I posted this on the wrong thread! This was for the November BB! Not SS! I'm tired! ;)

Deb

o

Deb, I am so glad it came, and that you liked everything...was there by chance an acorn in there ? It is ok if you forgot to mention it, I SOO know you are going thru alot...I just hope it didnt NOT make it into the box...I had help getting it ready for you. ( Ill have to check them and ask)

I hope the snowman will brighten your days...he just begged to come home with me in the store !

Hugs

Kym

o

Deb, don't worry about posting here. We understand, I have posted wrong before too.
You think WE have a lot of threads, try keeping up with Incredible Edibles, GOOD GREIF, they have a BUNCH!!!

Kym, since this IS the Christmas Swap, I just want to tell you how FUN the Secret Santa Seed Swap really is.

I wish you other ladies had joined, we are having a ball. And Ms. Kym is keeping it very interesting! Already blown out 4 threads is it now?

HEY EVERYBODY how is everything going?

o

Kym,
The adorable acorn birdhouse was in the package. I somehow forgot to mention it. I was so tired yesterday. I worked in my Mom's house for 10 hours, going through stuff and tossing too. My Mom saved everything! Every room is filled with things, she has a raised ranch with LOTS of rooms, plus a full finished basement. I'm spending at least 10 hours (one day) per room. At this rate, I'll be working for the next two weeks straight! Her 2 1/2 car garage, plus storage shed and ATTIC, ugh..is totally full too! Help, LOL! ;) I'm a little overwhelmed.

I put the birdhouse/acorn outside today, hopefully a little bird family finds it soon. I stuffed the inside with some timmothy hay (finches eat it) so the nest is all warm and snuggly! We are under a winter advisory, so more snow is expected today, tonight.

Hugs,
Deb

o

Ahh, I wanna see a picutre of the birdhouse/acorn!

Deb, hon if I lived near you I sure would try and help. It sounds like you have stuff everywhere. Good luck, don't stress yourself out over it or wear yourself out over it. Take it one day at a time and as much as you can. It will all get done soon enough.

Heck, I am tired and I don't remember doing anything. Maybe that is what I get for sleeping in the livingroom chair, legs thrown over the edge slumped in the seat. Hum, doesn't actually sound to comfy either...lol.
Might be why I have had a slight headache for days too huh?

Bunny, do we have baby yet? I know you said you were having contractions yesterday....???? Well?

o

Hello

Just a quick question. I know everyone's all excited about the new baby arriving but I'd like to ask you guys: do you think it's going to be a boy or a girl?

My guess, I say it's a girl.

Also, this is a question for Bunny. If it's a girl, do you have any names you've been thinking about. Do you have any boy names you're thinking about too?

Whether it (is it okay to call a baby an "it" because you don't know whether it's going to be a boy or a girl) turns out to be, you and your baby are both in my prayers tonight.

Cheers

M. Ryan

o

Thank you M. Ryan for posting here :).
Not sure WHERE Miss Bunny is at the moment BUT I asked her before why so many ppl were talking about her having a girl, she said that was what the ultrasound/sonigram showed when she first found out she was having another bundle of joy.

So, as it stands at the moment she is having a girl BUT we will not know for sure until she tells us the baby is HERE!

I believe we understand the it concept when asking a question about 'it' although most of us women would have stated 'the baby' ;)
BUT REMEMBER EVERYONE perennialfan273 is a GUY and doesn't understand us women folk much and he shows his guy side from time to time...lol.
Just joshin' with you perennialfan273!

Where the heck IS everyone.

Bunny dear, I am incline to believe you might be 'busy'? GOSH I hope so!

o

I was up ALL NIGHT with contractions. Whew, I surely could use some coffee right now. I am sleepy. Not tired, physically, which is strange....but just sleepy. Usually it's the other way around. I'm so tired I can't move, but can't sleep. Guess I'm just ready for something different. And now I'm rambling about it, because my mind isn't working sufficiently...I think I need a donut. Wow, I wish I could have one. Chocolate glazed...with nuts. And a large cup of mocha or vanilla cappuccino. Mmmmmm.
A-Hem.
Anyway.
The contractions quit halfway through the night. Frustrating. That's what it is. ARGH! I'm gonna walk all day today, and then I'm having Mexican food for supper...PLUS a dessert of pineapple & kiwi (Dan said those fruits are supposed to kick something in gear...or something like that..LOL)

Moving on.

Umm...Fran? WHY were you sleeping like that? I mean...was it comfortable at first, and you just didn't want to move? I can't imagine that it would be. And you wonder WHY you have a headache?? LOL Silly lady! :O)

M Ryan~ Nice to see you over here! We all like to gab...um..maybe you've noticed? :O) Thank you for the prayers! I appreciate them, especially since we're having the baby at home...with hubby as the midwife. We need all the support we can get!
We are still tossing names around. We can't seem to agree on anything. I like the unusual names (not WEIRD names..just one that you don't necessarily hear every day) but hubby likes more common names. Biblical names, to be exact. Which are fine...but there sure are alot of Rebecca's & Rachel's in our family. :O)
MY daddy is convinced that we need to name his grandaughter Sara Louise. Which is pretty. But he wanted to name ME Louise, and my mother wouldn't let him. So he's tried to get me to name all of my girls Louise.
If you can believe it, my mother is a hippie...so my name was going to be LEATHER. But it didn't sound right with Louise, and they fought constantly over the name, decided on Leather Dawn...but my grandpa, in the hospital, changed my name to Melissa.
(THANK YOU GRANDPA!!!) Which is wonderful...because just WHAT kind of career can you get with a name like Leather? Hmmmm? Not a very...uh...conservative one, I'm sure!

Ok, that's probably enough rambling from me right now. Like I said, I am just sleepy...and my mind is working overtime trying to keep me awake. :O) UGH.

I'm off to *hopefully* take a nap.

Take care, everyone!
Melissa

o

Leather!! (LOL just kidding)

I can see you had a false alarm. I've heard that this happens sometimes during pregnancy. I've been told that certain activities that you do when you're pregnant can actually cause early contractions. Also, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of having a boy. I know that when you had the ultrasound, it said it was going to be a girl, but it's quite possible that certain...ahem "parts" haven't fully developed yet. When a friend of mine had her baby, they were almost certain that it would be a girl, and when the time came, boy was she surprised! Punn intended lol. Anyway, hang in there and before you know it this will all be over (I'm assuming that you're feeling quite miserable right now :-(.

Also, you're probably wondering how I know all of this. Well, it turns out that there are well...more than 300 people in my family!! Consequently, someone is always having kids so there's plenty of talk that goes on in my house. You'd be surprised at what you learn when you open up your ears.

o

perennialfan273 you don't know yet so I will tell you, this will be Miss Bunny's 6th yes NUMBER 6 baby!
hence part of her GW name bunny, isn't that correct miss Bunny?
at least I think I read that somewhere sometime on the name...lol.

Hey again everyone. How is everybody?

o

Hi Fran, I am still a bit under the weather...but wanted to stop in...I am really glad you are enjoying the SSWAP...can you imagine if we try and do it again next year..I might need some moderators...LOL

Deb, I kno you have been just soo busy...I am SOO glad the acorn made it...I thought they forgot to put it in the box..I was ready to *bust some butt*...LOL

I hope everyone is doing well, been awful quiet here..I keep trying to pop in...

Bunny, havent seen ya, does that mean we have a BABY ????

Hugs to you all...I will work on my box after I am better, dont want to send germs to anyone.

Kym

o

Melissa - having the baby at home??? You and your DH are BRAVE, BRAVE, BRAVE!!!! No way for me - I like the comforts of having multipil staff around and DRUGS! LOL
Hope everything goes well and it is quick.

Marie

o

No baby yet, Kym. Still waiting...waiting...waiting... :O) Trying to be patient, but...it's very hard.

Marie~ This will be our 5th at home. We had our oldest at the hospital, the next 2 were at home with a midwife, and our girls were at home with hubby delivering. My longest labor was only 3 hours and the shortest was 15 minutes, so we really don't have much time to get anywhere ANYWAY, and hubby has the basic training to do everything himself (just isn't certified for it, the midwife(s) trained him).
So I think it's less bravery, and more necessity. :O)

I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, well wishes & concern. It means so much to me to have ya'lls support. I don't know what I'd do without ya! :O)

Hugs to everyone!
Melissa

o

Well Bunny, I am sure she will come into this world when she is meant to..I know the waiting is awful..but the nights of no sleep after might be worse...LOL I always wanted to have a large family...

I hope all goes well, and it is a fast delivery !! I also hope hubby will bring you some much needed, chocolate and Coffee afterwards !!

We look forward to hearing when the baby arrives, and until then try to keep busy, and rest when ya can !

Hugs,

Kym

o

Bunny, I too will say the baby will arrive in due time, all you can do is relax and wait. Don't stress. It will all be fine.

Kym honey, I was just thinking today I hope you do this next year too and I will tell you now I am more then will to help. I love these kinds of swaps.
Hope you get better real soon.

Gosh, this post is going slow. I am glad to see some of you posting.

I hope Mariann is just busy with her daughter and not to sick to play!

I went shopping last night for my Christmas box and for someone else I HOPE to get as a partner in another swap BUT if I don't the items are still headed that way!

I wonder where Miss Vickey is. She had planned on popping in here but I think she got side tracked last night...lol.

Marie deary, Not that I am in a hurry or anything but I am still waiting on that link you tried to send me for the teapot patterns...hehe.

Ok, well, guess I am gonna go find something to do. Very impatient with life at the moment. Wanting something to hurry up go through for me if they are going to and if NOT I want to find out they didn't....yes I am rambling.

OH and Bunny, YES I do tend to sleep in that chair that way BUT most of the time it is comfy, BUT sometimes I turn in my sleep and my neck is crooked...hence the neck pain and headache...lol. YEAH I KNOW...but sometimes I just CAN'T sleep in bed and I come in here and eventually do where as in the bed I would just lie there mad cuz I can't sleep.

o

Well, Mama Fran...I guess that's better than what I do when I can't sleep. I just walk around the house. Over and over and over.... And since our kiddos are camping out on the living room floor, they really hate it when I can't sleep. :O)

The boys have an upstairs bedroom that used to be an attic. It's huge, so they share. But during the winter, I get too nervous about them sleeping up there. They only have one skylight that opens, so only one potential exit in case of a fire.....so they all get their sleeping bags & camp out on the floor in the LR. The girls sleep there with them, since they don't want to feel left out.
I guess I'm just overly paranoid, maybe...but there ya go. :O)

I, too, hope Mariann is feeling better. It makes me worry when she hasn't posted in a few days.

At least we know Vic is just REALLY REALLY busy. :O) Poor gal. BUT at least she's working, and that's always good, especially this time of year. I hope her job is working out for her. Hopefully things will slow down soon.

Kym~ I've told hubby that it's all the rage nowdays to get your wife a "push present" after the delivery. Some women insist on diamonds...but I told him I'd be just as happy with a large steak, ceaser salad, some chocolate truffles and an extra EXTRA LARGE mocha latte from Starbucks. We'll see if he comes through. :O)

I'm off to read for a bit. I had a nice, relaxing bath.....and if I can kick the kids off my bed, I"m gonna lay down for a bit. :O) They're doing hobbies with daddy...why they need my bed, I dunno.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!
Melissa

o

Well I thought I would see baby pics when I came on here! Sorry it hasn't happened yet Melissa!

Fran, may I come out of my corner now? I thought it was a secret until we GOT the boxes! oops! LOL

Vic

o

Yes, Vic you are now excused!

Bunny, no I can understand your concern. I was like that with my kids too.
We lived in a mobile home when they were smaller, their bedroom was at opposit sides from my. I told them almost daily IF there is a fire make sure to go out the backdoor closest to you bedroom door! They got tired of hearing it :)!
It's a MOM thing!

Happy Friday all! Hope to hear from EVERYBADY SOON!!!

o
correction

E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y, NOT EVERYBADY!!! GEEZE!

o

Good Morning All
I have been missing for a bit for two reasons, one good, planning a holiday get together for about seventy people tomorrow. One bad, my elderly parents and two elderly Aunts (Dad's sisters) had a bad car accident last Friday (the same day as Dan). Fortunately, I am not planning funerals, my heart still breaks for Dan.
Unfortunately, my parents are no longer trusted to live by themselves. My siblings and I are negotiating their return to Maine from Florida and then we need to make other plans. I have hired some help and need to find a place to put my father's car so he does not think he can drive again.
My finger healed quicker than the medical professionals thought and while it still looks yucky, I am able to use it so life is much easier. I was hoping to get my box out this week but that does not look like part of the plan.
By the way, welcome to perennialfan, I think you had some challenges when you first introduced yourself but that I believe had more to do with miscommunication than anything else. I am pleased to see more men on GW. It has been a hen party for way too long.
HNB that little one is really trying your patience before it even arrives. Hopefully this will be the most stress this one causes in your life.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
diene

o

diene, thank goodness you parents and aunts are fine. I am sorry they were in an accident BUT as you said they didn't end up in a casket.
I too cringe everytime I think about Dan losing Paula. It is so sad and my heart broke when I read that.
I am truly greatful you didn't experience the loss of your parents.
I am sure you all are greatful to be planning to bring them closer to each of you then to never have that chance ever though this process isn't easy it is way better then what could have been
I am glad to hear your finger healed nicely. I was concerned about that too. Glad you can use it, who cares what it looks like, NO ONE has to look at it if they don't want too! Except you and hey, it functions that's the point!

Bunny, how are you.

Mariann, I am sorry you and hubs are still under the weather. I wish I could help you out. YOU KNOW I WOULD if I COULD! Don't you? Hugs to you, feel better soon. Don't wear yourself out, that will make it worse.
Get as much rest as you can.

Vic, are you out of your corner now? It is ok, you can come out! Just be good from now on...LOL.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend. It is still cold here, too cold to get out and do anything....I DON"T like it, I live in the south, it is NOT posed to be this cold yet!

o

It has been a BUSY week. I have not been able to post but I've been reading the updates daily. Bunny, I hope you have that little one soon! I've been thinking about you.
Diene, so good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about your family and the car wreck. My grandmother now lives with my mom fulltime and she sturbonly believes that she can drive. While we haven't "stopped" her completely, we have said that she can't drive with the kids in the car. We are hoping that eventually she will make up her own mind to let driving go. It's hard, I know.
Fran, How are you feeling? Did you get some sleep last night?
Vic, (handing you some hot tea), come on out of that corner. Any one of us could have accidentally posted our ss name, thankfully we all learned from your blunder:)
Marie, I agree with you. When I had my kids, they couldn't give me the drugs soon enough! I'm a WIMP!!
Kym, I know you have been extra busy with the ss seed swap. Phew! I bet you never imagined how that swap would grow and grow.... It's so much fun for all of us who are participating. I hope you can relax enough to enjoy it too. Try not to stress it. How about you? How are you feeling?
Deb, Where are you? How's the cleaning coming along? I plan to call the po again tomorrow about your bday box. I want you to know that I plan to send a replacement. I just really, really want to know where the other box is first. I'd love to know if anything is "salvagable". Just know that I'm not going to leave you high and dry. Maybe it will be a welcome surprise when things are settled a bit.
Well, I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Nik

o

Thanks for asking Nik, I am good. I did actually manage to sleep in my BED last night...lol.

Bunny has posted anywhere I don't think today, maybe it is good news? Let's all hope so.

Mariann, get some rest lady!

Deb, how are you doing? Things going better for you yet? I hope so.

Marie, how r u? Have you had your craft fair yet? If so how did that go?

Vic, how 'bout you? Things going good for you still?

I KNOW Kym is super busy! DOn't even have to ask her.

I hope everyone has a super fine weekend.

diene, I hope you are getting things settled with and for your parents.

o

No, No baby...gosh darn it!!! I did crash into bed around 8pm last night, though. That's why I wasn't on here. Just catching up on sleep a bit.....well, when I could get comfortable enough to sleep, anyway! And when hubby wasn't snoring like a lumber jack. :O) AGH!!! Never fails, every Friday night...he hits that bed at 7:30 or so, and falls asleep instantly. Then sleeps until about 8am.
Sometimes, I reallllllllly dislike that feller. :P

Wow, Nik! They haven't located that box YET?? Good grief.

Ooh, I heard a rumor yesterday about the PO. The rumor says they are telling everyone to not count on ANY boxes being delivered UNLESS they are priority with DC. (yeah, like DC helps!) If you mail a parcel or first class package, they say it won't be put in the system until January.
I'm wondering...that sounds like a load of bullarcky, but ya never know nowdays. I haven't had any packages (FC or other wise) turn up missing yet. So who knows? Maybe they just want everyone to spend more $$ to go priority, instead of saving a few dollars to go FC.
Ah well. :O)

I'm off to the lake today. Brrrrrrr! It's in the 20's now, but hubby wants me to WALK THIS BABY OUT. LOL Like I haven't been trying that ALL WEEK LONG. Phooey! So he's gonna take me out hiking. Oh, yay! :O)

Have a great Saturday, everyone!!

o

happy christmas bunny Pictures, Images and Photos

It's a good thing I decided to check the mail before we headed out, because I got my box today!! :O) Yay!
Here's what is inside (I'll type as I pull things out)

~A cute bunny/basket wall hanging!
~2 awesomely cute stuffed bunnies! And they even have big bellies like me!! LOL
~A bobblehead snowman pin!
~A hummingbird feeder + nectar! I've been wanting one!
~A pewter snowman ornament frame
~A CUTE bunny topiary! (and it's not real, so I don't have to worry about killing it!!) :O)
~A gorgeous holiday windchime (wow!)
~Some Dahlia tubers!
~A 14 month mousepad calendar! How neat!

Big, BIG hugs & THANK YOU's to my secret santa! I know you've been very busy this last month, and I appreciate the time you've taken to put together this box. I love everything! :O)

thankyou Pictures, Images and Photos

Melissa

o

Well, Bunny, I had hope girl! Guess it isn't time just yet huh?

Man, it is SOOOOO cold outside today. We have the big heater on and 2 small ones and the house is STILL VERY chilled too, even with all the heaters going. I need to put my gloves back on my hands!

I have been packing boxes and getting things ready for the various swaps I am in, I hope everyone likes what I have picked out for them!

Mariann I received your DC#.

Well, going to see if one of my projects is ready to start working on again.

o

Wow, that sounds like a nice box Bunny, I wanna see pictures PEOPLE....PLEASE I would love to see what the goodies looked like....I am NOSEY FEED MY HABIT DOG-GONE IT! ALRIGHTY???
HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME!!! PICS, PICS, PICS!!! I NEED VISUALS!!!

OH GEEZE PLLLLLEEEAAAASSSSSSSEEEE PULL OUT YOUR CAMERAS....

:Z Fran

o

I'll post a pic as soon as I can, Fran. My big sis Carol (veeja) was sweet enough to share her digital camera with me, so I'm trying to learn how that works. As soon as I get it figured out, I'll post a picture for ya. :O)

o

*poking head out*
Well, I guess the coast is clear! LOL

Melissa, what a great box! Maybe the PO expects more packages to be mailed this year due to the traveling being down? That does sound fishy to me.

Diene, nice to hear from you. I'm glad your finger is doing better. Sorry to hear about the car accident, will your parents be living with you? This is probably not the best time of year for them to move from Florida to Maine : (

Well, it's only taken me 2hrs to post this, and now dinner is ready, I'll try to come back later : )

Vic

o

Well Ladies,
I am headed off to bed.
Talk at you all later, hope you are all sleeping well already.

Bunny, I really hope you are getting some much needed rest. Don't over do it!
:) Fran (Mama Fran to a few of you!)

o

I've been going to my Mom's house everyday and going through things. OMG did she have a TON of stuff! I'm exhausted! I never realized that she had so much! My Mom had more dishes, sheet sets, glasses and could of easily set up an Antique store right from her home! Better make this short, I'm sooo tired! My computer crashed (2 year old laptop), so I'm using an old one that takes forever to turn on, upload.

Night! ;)

Deb

o

I just had to come and say "Its snowing, Its snowing .....whooooooooooo hooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!"

( ok, now that I saw it, it can go away..LOL)

I hope everyone is doing well, and any chance there is a new baby ? havent seen Bunny since she went hiking yesterday...

Deb, I know it is alot of work, but take your time...alot of people will make rash decision on what to do with the stuff, and regret it later....wish I lived nearby I would come and help you.

Diene, I am so sorry to hear about your parents...We moved my MIL from Fla to Ri...alot of work, but I know your parents will be better off near you. Peek in when you can...we miss ya.

Nikki, when I started the swap, I thought...oh 30 people would be good...then it was 50...then it was , wow ...can we break 100...LOL I had NO idea....BUT I have to say, all the work was worth the enjoyment, happiness, and friendships I now have from it.

Vic, I know you have been really busy ! We will have to catch up with ya once the season is over...although then we will ALL be wintersowing...LOL

BTW, do you wintersow ?? Id love to have people to chat with about the wintersowing...I loved it last season..and cant wait to start this one...I am going to give some Lisianthus a try inside...they say to start it in Jan, but if I can get motivated, I want to do it this week. Anyone grow it before from seed ?

I know I missed some hello's....Im sorry....Thinking of you all, and hope everyone is feeling better..and in the "spirit" of the holidays this year.

Hugs

Kym

o

Hello All-I'm feeling a lot better. My Dr. finally put me on antibiotics because I developed a sinus infection. My DH is still really congested. Bad News-Now my DD has this cold. She has a lot of custom stained glass projects, for customers, to work on. Plus the store... I guess we'll just have to manage.

Deb-I can remember what it was like cleaned out my Mom's home. She was so organized it was a breeze going through her stuff. Except it was very sad. So, I'm thinking of you and sending a big hug because I know how painful it must be.

Bunny-Have this baby already!!! I'm waiting girl! I even made a glitter tag for the big event. Home birth huh... This seems to have become more popular these days. Got to you and DH credit though. My DH would freeze up and I'd be giving birth all alone.LOL

diene-Glad your finger is healing nicely...Well maybe it doesn't look all that great but I'm sure a little time will help the healing process.

Fran-I agree with you...I want to see pictures too!

We are driving down to my Step-mom's to pick up some of my dads books this morning. So I need to start getting ready.
Hugs to everyone
Photobucket

o

Here's my picture, Mama Fran. :O) It's not very good, as I'm still learning how to use this camera...so I added some photobucket snowflakes to hopefully take focus away from the crummy picture. :O)

Photobucket

Mariann~ I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I hope your DD gets to feeling better soon, too. This is not a good time of year to get sick (well, is ANY time a good time??) but I'm happy to hear she's keeping busy with her business!

Hi! To everyone else!
I hope ya'll are having a great weekend!

o

Good Morning all.
I hope everyone had a super weekend. Mine wasn't all that great, I had trouble sleeping bith Saturday and Sunday nights. I hate it when I have those nights. It just makes you tired fo the rest of the day.

Mariann dear, I am glad you are getting better. I was worried there for a bit hoping it didn't get any worse.
It sucks your DD is not feeling well. I wish I could help, you know I would if I could. LOL on the glitter tag Mariann, that is too funny!

Bunny thank you for the pic, you'll get better the more you take. I would like a close up of that snowman ornament frame when you get time, it just sounds too cute and you can't even see it in the pic or at least not great...hehe

Nik, any info on that missing box?

Golly, I need to clean up my livingroom. I have used it as a station for my incoming seeds and Christmas cards and seed packing set-up and it is just messy looking now.
The SO said yesterday, you need to clean this up, I said WELL I TOLD you I needed an office and a DESK! LOL.
I just don't think he realizes how much stuff my hobby aquires in such a short span of time! hehe
BUT, it is a GOOD thing right?

o

Yeah, yeah it's a "hobby". According to my dh, it's an obsession!
Fran, I called the guy at the po and apparently his office closes at 4:30 instead of 5 - ARRRGGG
When I finally get home before 5, I missed it by 15 minutes. I am NOT giving up! Well, I guess I can tell this part (since it's most definately a goner by now), I searched high and low to get Deb a rabbit foot's fern. I finally found one - it was huge. It had all these "feet" wrapped around the pot so I didn't want to disturb it. I found a really tall box and sent the whole thing (feet and all). There was some other goodies in there so I know I'm not ruining the whole surprise. Just so you know, Deb, if the box ever arrives, you'll have to search through the crumbly fern leaves to get to your other birthday gifts. For the record, I will send another box. I just want to find this one first. Is that okay with you Deb?
Ok even though we only communicate via the net, you ladies have shared your germie gunk with me. I have been feeling ill for days. I'm taking an old antibiotic that I found in the cabinet. (I know your not supposed to do that but who has time to go to a doctor?) Anyway, my son works in pharmacy (hopes to get into pharmacy school) and he saw the antibiotic and said, "Mom, this antibiotic is for kidney infections!" I said, "Well it said for infection so I'm taking it." I actually feel a little better after being on it for 2 days.
Speaking of cleaning up the living room, I still don't have my tree up. AGGHH!!
Hope everyone has a great week. Nik

o

Nikki, honey I am so sorry. I hope the box gets found. I wish that one had been insured. It sure does deserve a claim against it! It is so disappointing to know that nice fern isn't going to make it! It just ticks me off!

OK, I took a deep breathe on this and now on to more pleasant things.
I received a fabulous Secret Santa Christmas box. EVERYTHING was wrapped nicely and I took my time to unwrap it I received:
A beautiful handmade beaded ornament, to goreous to describe, I will get a pic when I get the camera plugged back in
It was placed in a gift box with Christmas trees, wreaths, and topiaries on it, I like the box too!
1 black ink ink pad
1 package of 3 to a pack decorative edge scissors
1 butterfly hole puncher
1 Alphabet small letters stamp set
Liquid Craft bond Acid Free Memory Book Glue Pen
1 Pack of Fashion colors paper (actually needed this and just forgot it when I was shopping today!)
1 Very beautiful 8.5 x 8.5 Garden Cottage Album which is personalizeable
1 Photo Marker Scrapbooking utility pen
WOW, THANKS TO MY SECRET SANTA, you did a super fantastic job, some of these I would have never gotten myself because I am to cheap...lol.
I am really thrilled to pieces with the whole lot.

I can only hope my partner is as thrilled to receive as I am... THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH...

o

Mama Fran...WHERE is our picture?? Hmmmmm?? :O)
That sounds like a GREAT box! Your SS really went all out for you, didn't she? And you weren't even THAT good of a girl this year!! (you didn't think I knew that, did you?? LOL!)

o

GOSH BUNNY, don't spill the beans! I am GOOD ALL the time EVEN WHEN I'M BAD....LOL.

My camera is a PAIN in the bahtooty BUT I will get pics of it all sometime tomorrow. I have to use a DC card and it is nerve racking sometimes to be able to set up a shot, but I will tomorrow I promise I want everyone to see the darling Scrapbook album AND this fantastic ornament.
I JUST BET when you see it EVEYONE will just KNOW who sent it to me. I bet you will!

o

Game: This is not going to be easy and you can thank Kym for the idea...hehe

WORD Scramble
The first person to post ALL not an incomplete but EVERY SINGLE word correctly will win a PRIZE pack of seeds. I just ordered some, there not here yet but when they arrive they will be on there way to the WINNER!
These will be related to Christmas in some way, either a song title, a phrase, a decoration, a character or an object linked to Christmas.

1. mraetonsn
2. stmcirhas
3. eeerttthhhsafblom
4. ajebyamgsnneribbsua
5. teisleom
6. wodonbbbirssan
7. nawoninretwlderd
8. pantselstase
9. eqtuurdnafpreepcmsoofshthrssiastntat
10. torecdnoidas
11. cciilse
12. liisdhabcorn
13. ttwesnihheeerme
14. eeeeebnoorgrzrs
15. ttwuortveolesd
16. laasansgrdmrindt
17. muinkpppei
18. eecapanoehtr
19. llnmogoiwotrdada
20. lanotlaogdogthi

If no one gets them all in a week I will start posting hints!
Good luck, wanna know what you are playing for?
1 Packet of Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy (20)is it worth it?
Depends on how much you like games, how much you like Christmas trivia and HOW BADLY you want this packet of seeds!

o
update:

OK.... I MEANT I HAVE TO USE AND AC OUTLET FOR POWER ON MY CAMERA....gosh I am so tired I hope I can actually SLEEP tonight, real sleep NOT waking up every little bit!

Ok, I hope you have fun with the posted game. Take you time unless you are REALLY that good!

Good LUCK!

o

Oh good golly. Scramble my brains THIS early in the morning, why dontcha.
This is one of those times I could REALLLLLLY use some coffee. LOL!

o

Fran-I solved one just by looking at it. Doesn't say much for my ole brain does it? LOL

Nice box Fran. Don't forget to take a pic of that ornament!

Bunny-Will you get to work on that baby already.LOL

Kym-I winter sowed 50 different types of seeds 2 years ago. Last year just 10 containers. This year none....Problem is I don't know what to do with all the plants. I can't bear to throw them out.

I took today off from working for my DD. I get more done at home. Poor DH did go in though. His cold is really hanging on.
Have a great day everyone
Hugs
Photobucket

o

Ya'll I am so fuming mad at myself right now I could cry!
We purchased a stamp roll on the 3rd of Dec. I had it right there with me the WHOLE time I was putting cards together.
I didn't need it so I rolled it tight and put it up, and thought if I put this HERE I will remember WHERE it is.
Well, NOW I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS. I CAN'T MAIL SOME STUFF UNTIL I FIND THEM... and I have NO idea WHERE I thought was such a great place to put them!
SO will be sooooooo very mad if I can't locate their where-abouts, I am so upset I can't think anymore...

Sorry, had to vent.

Mariann, I will get a pic WHEN I find those darn stamps...
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE IT when I do this stuff. I think I will KNOW WHERE I put something and then when I need it it isn't anywhere!

I KNOW it will be in the LAST place I look but dang it WHY couldn't I have looked there FIRST?

*&$*&# Fran

o

AGH! I can't do this!!
Mama Fran, this is TOOO dang hard! LOL
I have gotten half of them, but I've been working for the past 2 hours, and can't get any more.

I need caffeine.

o

This morning I got online...saw the word scramble, showed my sick daughter, thought it would keep her busy, then my ISP went off line...WELL, luckily it was still showing the word scramble and I was able to work on the with her...

Fran I hope you found your stamps !! I hate when ya know they were right there, did they fall behind something ?

We have 14 of the words scrambled...but fran, could ya please double check them for typos...there are two we came up with a phrase, but one letter is off...I am hoping it is a typo, my head hurts from trying them.

Marianne, I am sorry to hear your hubby is still holding onto this cold..I hear a lot of people are getting hit hard with it... I felt really bad this spring , when hubby let all my plants die that I ws...but I look at it this way, it was good therapy for me..so I will be doing it again this year, with the hopes more will get planted.

hey, Fran, heres the stamps *handing them to her...you left them right where ya thought they would be...grin

Hugs to you all,

Kym

o

Kym that was MEAN...lol, no I really put them IN something along with something else I was using, like scissors or something. No, I haven't found them yet. I have NO clue where they could even be now! I am still upset at myself.

Kym which number? I counted out each one but I very well could have missed one letter on a couple.

I will go ahead and start checking them just in case.

Mariann, how r u today? Did you enjoy your day off?

Gosh where is everyone again?

Bunny, take a chill pill honey! It is just a game, meant to be FUN....breathe...lol.

o
Help me with the game, Im going crazy..LOL

Fran, look inside of all the seeds, paper...the roll could get stuck anywhere...it is a pain when ya loose something.

Id love for ya to check...19, 8, 4, and 9...just incase.

We have two...that have an extra letter, if we are right ofcourse...

ANDDDDDDDDDD if we DO get them all, I am not joining in the game, as Fran is already generously sharing with me, and I want someone else to WIN !!!

Fran, as soon as you stop "looking" for the stamps, they will show up.
BTW did ya see my post about the card, please let me know if it was all there, I was worried.

Hugs,

Kym

o
corrections

Game: This is not going to be easy and you can thank Kym for the idea...hehe

WORD Scramble
The first person to post ALL not an incomplete but EVERYONE correctly will win a PRIZE pack of seeds. I just ordered some, there not here yet but when they arrive they will be on there way to the WINNER!
These will be related to Christmas in some way, either a song title, a phrase, a decoration, a character or an object linked to Christmas.

1. mraetonsn
2. stmcirhas
3. eee rttthhhsafblom
4. ajebyamgsnneribsua
5. teisleomt
6. wodonbbbirssan
7. nawoninretwlderd
8. pantselstaehr
10. torecnoidas
11. cciilse
12. liisdhabcorn
13. ttwesnihheeerme
14. eeeeebnoorgrzsc
15. ttwuortveolesd
16. laasansgrdmrindt
17. muinkpppei
18. eecapanoehtr
19. llnmogoiwotrdawe
20. lanotlaogdogthi

SO VERY SORRY, I DID HAVE SOME MISTAKES, THIS IS CORRECT. I AM ALMOST POSITIVE it is all right now.

It might be easier for you that are trying to do this to ENLARGE the letters it MIGHT help a little it.

o

*breathing*
I'm chilled.
Seriously chilled.
LOL
Just had a snack of chocolate chip cookies, so I'm good to go.

I simply have this annoying habit of HAVING to finish something. I can NOT put this thing down until I have all the answers.

Dang you, Fran. :O)

*whimpering & singing to myself..."I'm having funnnnn, yes, I'm having funnnnnn"*

ROFL!

o

Poor Bunny, it's all ok...lol.

This is my pic of my stuff notice in the lower left hand corner this is my cute little ornament box. Notice beside the deco scissors is a pack of seeds I forgot to mention: Asclepias tuberosa 'Hello Yellow'! Thanks!
Also, under the package of paper on the left is a sweet homemade card! Very nice one.
SEE the BEAUTIFUL ALBUM in the middle? It has Irises on it!
THANKS SO VERY MUCH...I truly love it all!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

I told you I would get pics, NO I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND THE DANG STAMPS, BUT I promised pics so here you go!

o

NOTE: That ornament is BEADED by hand ya'll! Isn't it nice?

Well, I was just looking at my wonderful box contents again I am pleased as peach punch!

Still no stamps, I am ill and going to bed now.

Ok, well hope everyone else is already sleeping well,

o

Fran-Nice pics! Some buddy loves you girl! I did enjoy my day off. I'm doing a little every day to get ready for Christmas. I think I'll make a copy of the mixed up words and take them to my DD's store this morning. Give me something to do waiting for the hordes of customers. Not!! All I can say is that it's good she's getting custom stained glass orders. Hope you find your stamps.

Kym-What do you mean your DH let your plants die??? "Off With His Head!" LOL

Bunny by the time I figure some of these words out you'll probably have them all finished.
Hope Everyone Has a Good Day
Mariann

o

Wow, what a gorgeous ornament, Fran! :O) And a great box, too.

Mama Fran~ You gave me nightmares last night. LOL Seriously, I had a dream where this very mean guy (he was bald and resembled Vin Diesel...except not NEARLY as cute..although, he WAS wearing tight pants & a muscle shirt...Mmmmmmm....) was holding a bag of truffles and telling me I could have the entire bag, but ONLY if I could finish that word scramble!
I remember sobbing...and saying over and over..."I'm TRYING! I'm TRYING!! Please don't keep the chocolate from me!!!"
LOL!!!
I woke up crying & laughing both. I'm surprised I didn't wake hubby!

Isn't that just TOO funny??

And now...off to work on that scramble some more. I think I'll treat myself with chocolate, just for attempting it again! :O)

o

Bunny, girl you deserve a chocolate! Watch that caffine though!
I am sorry you had a terrible dream,,,,gosh I am sorry! DON'T STRESS girl! You forgot to take that chill pill didn't you?

The ornament is goreous! I love my partner too!
For the record I think all of you are special! I am so glad we have this group going. I am glad we also decided on a Christmas swap. I love all the Christmasy stuff and then to get a handmade ornament...WELL what can I say? I will keep it forever.
I still have the cheesy little paper cut-outs sprinkled with glitter my kids made way back in K-class and other grade, and church too is where some came from. I put them on my tree EVERY year! Two are popcycle sticks with bible verses on them and I still have those on there too! They're from my kids, I have to keep them!

Ya'll STILL no stamps, I gave up this morning and got some more at the PO! I can't believe they are gone!!!

Well, later ladies, I have a project I am working on so I need to go get it done!

o

Marianne...that was too funny, think that would be considered an accidental death ?? I dont want to miss out on the insurance..........LMBO

Bunny, since mama Fran is busy...if you want to *peek over my shoulder, and see my answers,* um...email me...shhhh, just dont tell...

Your dream was too funny...I think we need to get you some chocolate and SOON !

Hope ALL is well with everyone,

Kym

o

Fran-Are #3 and #19 each missing a letter?
Mariann

o
PLEASE don't hurt me :)

Game: Corrected AGAIN!!!!!...Im so sorry 3 and 19 were not exactly right! Again Im sorry.

WORD Scramble
The first person to post ALL not an incomplete but EVERYONE correctly will win a PRIZE pack of seeds. I just ordered some, there not here yet but when they arrive they will be on there way to the WINNER!

1. mraetonsn
2. stmcirhas
3. eeertthhsafblom
4. ajebyamgsnneribsua
5. teisleomt
6. wodonbbbirssan
7. nawoninretwlderd
8. pantselstaehr
10. torecnoidas
11. cciilse
12. liisdhabcorn
13. ttwesnihheeerme
14. eeeeebnoorgrzsc
15. ttwuortveolesd
16. laasansgrdmrindt
17. muinkpppei
18. eecapanoehtr
19. llnmogoiwotrdawed
20. lanotlaogdogthi

:S Fran

o

Hummm, I had a report that Santa has dropped off some packages today, I WONDER WHO will be getting a goody box next?

We need to get these out by December 15th, whoever you are sending to would like to get it for Christmas...ookey dokey?
So if you haven't mailed it out yet you need to get on the ball!

Thanks ya'll!!!

o

Ummm. I mailed mine, didn't I, Mama Fran?? I *think* I did. I'm so confused lately.
I'm pretty sure I'm caught up on all my swaps now.
Um. I think. LOL

I had a mini-breakdown this morning. Right as hubby was trying to go off to work. Just started bawling...and the poor guy didn't know what to do! Started with me telling him my "Vin Diesel & the truffles" dream....which he thought was HILARIOUS. (he would, darn man) And last night, I had a dream that our cat was talking, telling me how BIG I'm getting. (stupid cat)
But really......
I'm just honestly getting sooooo tired. I ache all the time (insert big laundry list of complaints here).....And now, I'm hearing..."Well, let's give it another week or 2."
AGH!
I just don't know if I can do this anymore! I'm getting so depressed! Every morning when I wake up still pregnant, the first thought going through my head is "Well, @#$*#."
Not very nice of me, I know. LOL
I'm just tired.
Did I say that already? :O)

Okay, sorry for rambling. It's just one of those days.

And did I mention that hubby lit out of here like his hiney was on fire? LOL
RUN RUN! The pregnant lady is going nuts!
Silly man.

o

Oh Bunny....I remember thos days...go and make some nice dinner for hubby ANNNND really confuse him ...LOL

I am sorry you are feeling so bad...can you take some time to pamper yourself ? Do your nails, or get a hair cut...or do something you enjoy ? Take a little me time..it always helps even just a little.

If not go outside and scream....or kick something...oh, wait..dont kick anything......you will hurt your foot and be a "hopping Bunny"...

Fran, I wanted to get my box out on Monday, if that is too late, I can skip the item I told ya about...I have to go see another darn specialist on Monday too...I am NOT looking forward to going..Bunny ..wanna go for me ?? ( evil smile)

Ok, I know I told Fran I was going out...never seems to work out..my son is now home with the "bug"...so I will work on stuff here at home.

I still have decorations that need to be put out. Cookies need baked, and here I sit on the computer...LOL

HUGS Bunny....and wishing you a better day !

Kym

o

Bunny,
Hopefully, you have the baby with in the next few days! I had to watch everything I ate the last few weeks. I couldn't have sugar, wow was that difficult! My Dr. explained that all the weight you gain goes straight to the baby (those last 2 weeks). I had to have a C-section with my Son, he weighed close to 9 lbs and was 4 WEEKS EARLY! My Daughter was almost 8 lbs, and by then I knew to keep my weight down. For some reason, I have really big babies, and I'm really tiny.

I've been working at Mom's house constantly, I'm almost finished. The estate sale is this weekend. I'll be so glad when it's over. It's going to be really hard to see all her things go.

I received my SS box!
I absolutely LOVE THE POTTERY BARN vase/planter! In creamy white! Pottery barn is my most favorite store! I would love to have the entire house done up pottery barn style! Still working on it slowly though.. One day, LOL!
In my fantastic box was~
Pottery barn planter/vase, cute sparkly butterfly with clip (to hang on the edge of something) laced in gold & green, cute fluffy white towel (with three reindeer)- already hanging in the bathroom to make it look like I'm caught up with things. I don't have our large tree up yet! I only have a few small ones up in miscellaneous places. I'm running so behind! Cute clipboard, bunch of seeds (I'm so ready to winter sow when things settle down after the sale, and after I sell Mom's house). Ooohh and a cute winter wonderland bath set! Wow, do I need this! Along with the potter barn vase, LOL!

Thank you so much Santa! Giant hugs for all the goodies!
Be back later! My computer's fixed, so I'll be on a lot more now. :)

Deb

o

Honey Bunny, I KNOW how you feel too, remember my I was pregnant 11 months story! You think you are sick of it? You are not THAT over due!
You just need to be getting more rest then what you are getting. RELAX, take time...

Kym you are fine one your mailing out Monday, that is the 15 and yours should still arrive before Christmas so that is ok.

Deb, is that what you decided to do? Sell the house?
I would hate to be the one to have to clean out my mom's place good grief, she has buildings in her backyard packed full of stuff!
Good thing my sister will be doing that! I am sure she will just pitch everything in a dumpster and be done with it she is a cold hearted.....

WHERE THE HECK IT VICKIE? She still hasn't sent Deb's box and now she needs to do her Christmas box too!!!
I am gonna have to take a dang trip to MT, I can see it now!
VICKIE!!! IS MAMA FRAN GONNA HAVE TO COME UP THERE?????
I am gonna light a fire under your hinney if I do!
CHOP, CHOP!!!

Mariann, is your DH planning on going to the DR? He should be taking something!

Nikki, honey, where are you?

o

Melissa - so sorry to hear that things are not going as you want them to but kids never do what we think they will, right? Although, what I am hearing is that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, even Satan is saying, "OH, *#@$! She's awake!" LOL Keep you chin up - there is light at the end of the tunnel and everyday that light gets brighter and you baby that much more ready to take on the world! ((((HUGS)))) If you don't feel like going out for a special treat, BRIBE you boys into giving you a foot massage :)

Deb - good luck with the sale - you have been working so hard! Make sure you reward yourself when it is all done - a nice glass of wine and an hour to yourself will go along way in the reviving department.

Well... the job hunting is still going on in my world but... I passed the test for my CDLP this morning - YIPPY and patting myself on the back! Although my physical cost $96 grrrrrr. And I start the hands on training to be a school bus driver next Tuesday but it is only for 2 to 3 hours a day. I also have an interview the 17th to be a Corrections Officer - the pay isn't bad, the benefits are good but it is an hour away and the route I will have to take is awful. Lots of snow, ice & wind.... But the new corrections institute will be opening here in 2010 and that would be great, if I choose to do that. I talked to both of our Green House owners here and have a position with them starting in Febuary if I don't find anything better by then. I love the idea of working with plants but they usually get 1/2 my paychecks every month and with working there - they will get the whole thing! LOL

Marie

o

Hey M, I recieved my order for the clay pins and I LOVE them! I can't wait to give them as presents. The most special part was the hand-stitched card. Wow! You are so talented. When I was pregnant with my son (a long time ago, he's in college), I cross-stitched a bunch of ornaments. I haven't done anymore since then but your card really made me want to get back into it. Right now, gardening is my only "outlet".
I'm here mama Fran **peeking my head out of the pile of books and papers ***. I am studying for my final exam next Tuesday. This one has been tough.
Deb, Pottery Barn is a favorite of mine too:)
Bunny, I sent you an email. Keep your chin up. You won't be pregnant forever - that I can promise:)
Kym, I'm so glad that you have been blessed this year. I know your kids are going to have a great Christmas! That sss swap has really warmed my heart and gotten me into the spirit.
Fran, My son and I tried to do your word scramble and gave up! You really did a good job on that one.
Hope everyone had a great week, I am looking forward to the weekend! Nik

o

Gosh WHERE did everyone go!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mariann I hope you are doing alright!

Bunny, everything good with you now?

o

I'm good. :O) Trying to convince hubby to stop & get a jug of wine on his way home. He won't, though. :O( My midwife says to drink a *small* glass for relaxation purposes, but I think hubby is afraid I'll be tempted to finish off the bottle. LOL
He might be right. :O)
The midwife ALSO recommends drinking a castor oil/vodka/orange juice cocktail.
BLECH!
Somehow, though...when I mentioned THAT one to him, he volunteered to pick up the vodka RIGHT THEN.
UH, NO THANKS!!
ICK!
Orange juice is fine, Castor oil is just unpleasant, but vodka makes me hurl! And I DEFINITELY don't want that.
YUCK!

I went out this morning & ran all my errands. I should say I WADDLED all my errands. :O) ANYWAY. Every where I went, people would say "You haven't had that baby yet? It's due like, anytime, right??"
Uh, yes. Thanks for reminding me. LOL
I had 3 people alone tell me..."Well, tonight is a great night for having babies. Don't worry, hun...You won't be pregnant tomorrow."

Hmmmm. If only they were right!! :O)

~~Has anyone heard from Vic lately?? She just fell of the planet, didn't she?? LOL Poor gal, I hope she isn't working too hard.

~~And how is Mariann? And Kym? Nik? Diene? Deb?

~~How's the job search going, Marie?

I sure hope I didn't miss anyone! :O) I'm such a scatterbrain, I nearly left one of my own kids in the store today....so if I DID miss anyone, don't take it personal. :O)

I ALSO just noticed this morning that my phone has been dead for quite some time. I'm not sure how long, but I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any calls since around Wednesday or so. *D'OH!*

~~Mama Fran....when do we get hints on that word scramble? Hmmm?? I'm stuck. I just CAN'T get anymore. I've even enlisted the help of my oldest son & my hubby...but even THEY gave up. *quitters* :P

o

Bunny, ask Kym they finished them...LOL.

BUT seriously, if no one objects I will toss out a few hints maybe tonight, depends on if we go to the horse auction or not.

diene, is out of town or going out of town forgot when she is leaving.
deb is busy still with her mom's house.
Kym is still busy working on her swap stuff and pops in when she can.
Nik, not sure.
Mariann is prolly working at her DD store today.
Bunny, well you were here....lol
Me, well I am here now.
Vic, I think she is on Mars or the Moon!!!!!

o

*waves to everyone* I am here....just been soo busy..

my dad took me to the store today and I am just thrilled, I did a good job at shopping...I always make the dollar go as far as I can...LOL

And now we are off to a 50th bday party, I am only going for an hour...hubby has to go off to work.

Bunny, I told ya to email me and you can peak at my paper...LOL

Fran, could you double check them one more time...I have #3 with a wrong letter...I THINK....and a few more driving me crazy....

I have over 15 sheets of paper that we have used trying to get the last ones...LOL

Ok I want a hint on 9, 10, 13, and 16....* puts on my best puppy dog face....then smiles as cute as I can * (always worked with my dad....LMHO !!)

o

WORD Scramble ABSOLUTELY CORRECT NOW!

1. mraetonsn
2. stmcirhas
3. eertthsafblom
4. ajebyamgsnaneribsua
5. teisleomt
6. wodowbbbirssan
7. nawoninretwlderd
8. pantselstaehr
10. torecnoidas
11. cciilse
12. liisdhabcorn
13. ttwesnihheeerme
14. eeeeebnoorgrzsc
15. ttwuortveolesd
16. laasansgrdmrindt
17. muinkpppei
18. eecapanoehtr
19. llnmogoiwotrdawed
20. lanotlaogdogthi

ok TODAY'S HINTS ARE:
3 is a THING
9 is something that once was, can be, and maybe
10 is something pretty
13 People
16 Something else Prutty and Shiny

Ladies I am sorry when I went to correct it and post the RED correction I must have copied the messed up one AGAIN.... I told you I am an airhead!
I will even all you are to confer with each other, HOWEVER, ONLY the first one to CORECTLY post ALL of them will be the winner of this round!

Good LUCK!

o
game

GAME TIME
Ok, Who was the narrator for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and WHAT SONG DID THIS PERSON SING AT THIS PART OF THE MOVIE?
Photobucket
Good luck!

o

ohhhhhhh I KNOW< I KNOW>............

burl ives.......and A Holly Jolly Christmas !!

It is one of my all time fav Christmas movie !!

o
hey Fran

Fran, is number 16 missing a letter ?? I dont mean to be a pain...I think I have it..but it is missing a letter if I am right

o

Yippeee Bunny, the moon is right! I have a feeling.....
Hi Mama Fran, How are you? I'm here - just lurking lately as I am "sorta" studying for a final. I've also been going through seeds and getting excited about wintersowing. I asked my colleagues for containers and when people started bringing in empty milk jugs, the kids started asking questions, and voila - another teachable moment rears it head. I am going to try my first year wintersowing and do it with my students as well. They really wanted to do it. Anyone have suggestions on some cheap, easy seeds that will germinate quickly enough for the kids to see some action before the end of May when school lets out? I will need to do at least 18 containers so that all 3 of my classes can particpate and each group can have its own container. This could get crazy!!!
How is everyone? Boy has it gotten cold here. BRRRR
Nik

o

Kym, congradulations on the Burl Ives Song. I wanted to do Silver and Gold but couldn't find a pic of that one with the trees or his snowman singing!!!

NO on the last word list # 16 is correct! I just checked it again :).

Hmmm, will have to think of something harder to post for pic-tionary!

LOL, Kym, I will decide which seeds I will include to you for the prize along with your Cherry Brandy.

o

I was going to go to bed early, and now cant till i get them...UGH....

number three has me stumped...I have a whole page of words...LOL

o
I give up...LOL

I give up, I am off to bed......I have used over 30 sheets of paper on this game...I think I just killed a tree...

Well, I sent ya what I have...wont have time to work on it over the weekend, we have a ton to do...so I am sure someone will get it by then.

Have a good day on Sat everyone !!

Kym

o
another correction on the words list

Ok everyone I am sorry I am TRULY a DORK... ON # 9 that 'q' SHOULD be a g. I have looked at it EVERYTIME and thought it looked WRONG, but convinced myself it was 'RIGHT EVERYTIME'

KYM, emailed and said that 'q' SHOULD be a 'G' OMG ya'll. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!

Other than that correction everything SHOULD be correct.

TODAY'S HINT:
#3 An object/Place
#5 Kiss me
#10 _______ of Red, White, Green
#18 something everyone wishes for
#20 a phrase

Hope this helps you!

o

Fran-I have all but 2 of them figured out. I knew that q didn't belong there! While I was waiting between my Xrays yesterday I even had the Xray techs working on the list. They had a ball.

To my Secret Santa-I received your box yesterday. Thank you so very much for everything. I'll post later today with the contents and pics. I'm a happy girl!!
Mariann

o
GAME Time

GAME TIME
Once there was a movie, it made many people cry. I was 9 when it aired it was the only year I believe it was played on regular television stations. This is my favorite movie, I wish I could see it again BUT I don't have cable and I just found out it is scheduled to run on a cable network Sunday.
Hint about the movie: His mother froze to death protecting him.
Tell me the NAME of the movie and WHEN it aired on a primetime network and the NAME of the main character of this movie!

There will be seeds involved for the winner, I will decide which later.

BONUS: If someone who has cable (or whatever) and records/burns it on a DVD to give to me then in the Spring I will send you a plant of my choice for your extra effort!
THANKS!

GOOD LUCK IF NO ONE HAS IT BY TOMORROW NIGHT (SUNDAY) I WILL POST A CLUE UNTIL SOMEONE GETS IT!!!

o

Fran, Is it Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey, aired in 1977? Nestor was the donkey and Tillie was his friend? Nik

o

If Nikki is right, it was just on this morning...

I look forward to hearing the answer...

I hope you ALL have a great day...I am off to shop with hubby and I need to get some baking done this weekend...oh, so much to do...

ANY WORD FROM BUNNY ? DID THAT MOON DO THE TRICK ???

o

No, although that moon WAS pretty.

Fran, I'm so glad that q doesn't belong there! LOL That's what was throwing us...we were all trying to figure out just WHAT christmas thing could POSSIBLY have a q in it! :O)

We've got a company christmas party to go to tonight. Hubby is upset because I'm "MAKING" him go. Pouty little thing. :O) But the kids always enjoy it, it's free food, and they have pictures with Santa & goody bags for the kids, PLUS they have a drawing for TONS of prizes. The kids always win something, and they LOVE just going, anyway, to play with everyone else's kids.
I told him he's not disappointing his kiddos this year. LOL
The last 2 years, he didn't tell me they were having one until AFTER the party. Just so he wouldn't have to go. :O)
I wanna choke him sometimes.
*grrrr*

o
good morning to you all..

the moon WAS pretty, I tried to see the meteor shower, but i think it was still to cloudy out...darn it.

Bunny, have a good time at the party ! Cant they drive ya crazy sometimes ?? grrr

We have to go with my hubby boss, and his family to dinner next sat night, I would enjoy it better if they didnt pick such "fancy" places...or just give us a bonus for all they spend on the meal...LOL

Ok, well, I am off to go shopping, and get my supplies to bake a little...have a great day.

We had such a bad storm here, yesterday morning our town was gridlocked....and flooded. It took some buses 4 hours to get the kids to school, and some never even made it, they re routed them to the other school, and had them sit in the cafeteria all day. Trees are down, houses are flooded...it is a real mess. One lady in her 70s had a tree come in her living room...

I guess it is the price we pay to be near the water, but I feel bad for the people that lost their possessions from the water...

there has been strange weather all over...hmmmm.

ok gonna run...I hope everyone is feeling better !

Kym

BWT Fran, I "think" I did the last one...I sent ya an email...cause I dont want to ruin it for the rest, but I SOOO enjoyed the HOURS it took me to do...LOL

o

Kym is correct in that Nikki is RIGHT! It WAS 1977 and now ya'll can figure out how old I am....lol.
I boohooed like a baby over that movie and I haven't seen it since.
Nikki, I will email you later or you can me and let you decide which seeds you would like.
SHOOT, I can't believe it was on this morning....My mom loved it too and I so want a copy to take to my Mom's to watch it with her again, she hasn't seen it since then either and over the years she and I have commented about it. It was just she and I that watched it the night it came on and I want to be able to do it again and surprise her.

Gosh Kym I am sorry it took you HOURS. I can HONESTLY say IF I had not made it myself I would be stupified! It really is HARD! Even without my blunders!

Mariann, have you finished them yet? If not which 2 are you having trouble with?

Kym has been all over the place with them...lol. I think if I lived close to her she would strangle me....LOL.

BUNNY, I am sorry. All in due time....patience, I know yours is wearing thin but just think how happy you will be when the time is right.
Have fun at the party, yeap, I would have popped hubs upside the head for not mentioning the party until AFTER it is over. You need to make friends with someone there so they can inform you, since you apparently can't trust him,,,,LOL.

Ok, well, gonna go think of something else I can torture youse with, oh..er, ummmm, I mean fun for youse to guess at...yeah, that is what I meant, FUN....hehe

o

Fran-I'm stuck on 9 and 16. Although I haven't looked at them today. When I look at 16 all I can think about is Lasagna.LOL

Bunny-I noticed a while back you posted that you were having a rough time of it. We're here for you....Lay it on us!

Kym that moon was shining in my bedroom window about 4am this morning. I thought it was about 10am. The whole room was lit up.

Ok...Now to my Secret Santa Gift Box! YEAH....I'm so happy, I'm so happy...LaLaLa
My secret Santa sent me a Christmas Tree Mobile. I haven't hung it up yet trying to figure out where to put it. Can't wait to seeing it sparkle and twirl!
I also received a Snowbabies Figurine...She is so adorable. I don't have one of these and she has the sweetest face.
Plus-4 Holiday Lace Table Runners. I'm looking forward to putting these out. They will make a great addition to my decorating this year.
My Secret Santa also checked my Seed Exchange list! She sent me Daylily 'Stella's', Clematis, Allium and Japanese Lily seeds. Do I love seeds??? You bet I do.LOL
She also sent me Ginger Citrus Fragrant Mist and Arbonne Hand Cream. I love any Citrus fragrance! Plus my poor hands can use some serious help.
Last but not least I received 2 'Wormie Water Sensors'. They are made of Terra Cotta. You put them in a pot and if they are dark then the plant has enough water. If they are light then the plant needs water. What a great idea!
~Secret Santa also included a nice card and Dove Chocolates which DH latched onto immediately.
Thank You so much for everything. What a great holiday box and I love everything you sent! Now I'm in the mood for decorating.
Photobucket
Big Hugs!!
Mariann
Photobucket

o

Strangle Fran....hmmmmm....there's a thought....LOL I have lost two nights sleep working on them...LOL

I also recd my secret santa box....BUT my presents are under the tree.....I surely hope this is ok as this will be all I receive for MYSELF this season...OTHER THAN ....all the love, friendship, support, and help in giving my kids a holiday....soooooo I would love to enjoy them ON Christmas.....surely hope this is ok ??

Fran can tell me if that isnt ok....

Mariann, WOW did you make out....some really nice presents !! I just love those little water worms...and those table covers are soo pretty !

Bunny, I hope you are enjoying yourself tonight !! You deserve some smiles, and good desserts...LOL

Fran, If I do see the movie come on I will do my best to tape it..note to self...get a tape...LOL

Ok, I am worn out....so I am off for some rest.

Enjoy the night

Kym

o

Mariann great box. Did the clues not help you yet? I love those worms too, I used to have some until I broke them!
I like that Christmas tree, looks neat show us what it looks like hung. Cool hand cream too.

Kym, as long as you got it by the 15 you can wait. It just needed to be there before Christmas.

That MOON sure was purdy! Sorry it didn't take Bunny.
At least you have something to keep you occupied...lol. Still working on that are yah?

o
Wanted to say I DID send Prize to Bunny

She forgot to post here but she was my Chocolate Swap Partner in MNF for Dec. and I included her newborn baby socks in her box as her prize for her winning the Thanksgiving Trivia, I also included a 0-9 months as well for later when the feetesy are a little bigger.

DIDN'T WANT ANYONE THINKING I HAD FORGOTTEN as I HADN'T!!!

Nikki, I had planned on picking them up when you commented that is what you would send her....LOL. I though shhhhhish girl you'll give me away...lol.

G'night all, I am headed to bed.

o

Sorry, Fran! I just didn't think of posting over here. *bad bunny*
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the socks!! Now I have some! Yay!!! :O) I think I was as tickled over those as the chocolate..LOL...ok, maybe MORE so.

And, NO...Mama Fran...I gave up on the word scramble. I'm stuck, and my brain isn't promising a thaw anytime soon. LOL

o

Glad you catch the little ideas along the way like me. I LOVE being able to do something personal for a friend.
YAHOO, I won some seeds!!!! I NEVER win anything. I hate for you to have to send anything else right now, especially considering that stamp fiasco! I'll be happy to wait until after Christmas when we are in our "off month" of January. Hey - who is February??? Can you send me their survey so I can put back some stuff?
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Off to teach Children's Church! Nik

o

Vic is Feb, but I want to have a talk with her before we move forward.
Nikki, I didn't email you yet, but I will I have a list of seed I am gonna send you and you can choose what you would like from the list. Jan. sounds good to me and you might win more between now and then :)!!! Try the word scramble...hehe.

Bunny, I am sorry you are on brain freeze, maybe it will come off lock down and YOU will get the Word Scramble prize ;)! (np about the socks Bunny, I just wanted everyone to know I didn't slight you on your prize!)

I will post more hints shortly for the word scramble!!!

AGAIN GOOD LUCK ya'll SOMEBODY HAS to get it!!!

o

TODAYS HINTS:
#3 Thing in a Place
#12 Precious Moment
#13 Important People
#16 Shiny Things
#20 A phrase

Hope this helps! COME ONE MUST KNOW THEM BY NOW!!!

o

Just popped in to say Hi. I'm going to be pretty busy this week working at the Mall. Plus having lunch with my Aunt and my cousin.
I almost have my DD's jacket done. Hemming then button holes (hate sewing button holes!) Then I have to cut out my SIL's fleece vest.
Repair man coming tomorrow to fix refrigerator door! Thankfully!

Hugs,
Mariann

o

Bunny asked for more hints on specific numbers so here you go.

Next set of clues
#6 something to pretty up something else
#8 right hand
#9 is something that once was, can be, and maybe
#17 Can perfume a home during the holiday
#19 Christmas Spirit

Hope these help someone.

o

OHHHH BUNNY.......would ya email me for a few hints....LOL

I wanted to tell everyone...I am saving my gifts for Christmas......BUT I had one that said "open now"..so The other night we had family movie night, and I had the kids open it......it was one of those really cute cookie packages. Now we can make sugar cookies together, and it was wrapped in a too cute towel that has a recipe on it...so now I wont LOOSE the recipe...LOL ( Ok, that is what my son told me...grrr)

There was also a gardening calender, and a cute angel ornament. The Angel, was all glass, and we have glass ornaments on our tree....just how did you know ?? LOL

Ok, I have to go get ready to go to a new dr...I am dragging my feet...think I can call and tell them I am sick....LMHO !

I think I deserve an ice cream cone after...huh...dont cha...LOL

BTW, I am doing the happy dance...after HOURS, and HOURS, and HOURS.....I got the LAST WORD...but I am hoping someone will post them soon and win those WONDERFUL seeds......( hints at krykym....ha ha ha ha ha )

o
Ok, today's hints are:

1.one word
2 one word
3 three words one is TWO letters long
4 five words one is TWO letters long and one is ONE letter
5 one word
6 three words
7 two words and it's a song
8 two words only needed for christmas
9 SEVEN words ONE is TWO letters long one is THREE letters long
10 one word
11 Icicles
12 4 words
13 four words
14 two words
15 three words
16 three words one is THREE letters long
17 two words (bunny your gonna kick yourself when you figure this on out!)
18 three words one is two letters
19 three words
20 for words and one is ONE letter one is also only TWO letters long

o
OH Good GRIEF

I CAN NOT BELIEVE I POSTED NUMBER 11, I guess it is a freebie!!! (conks self on head!)

REMEBER WHAT YOU ARE PLAYING FOR.... Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy

o

Okay, as soon as I read the clue this morning for #17, I figured it out. My problem was that I wasn't associating THAT with Christmas!! LOL
D'OH!

o

Bad girl Bunny, I ALWAYS do....oh yea...can't have one without the other!!!

I hope you all are working on this Word Scramble.

REMEMBER WHOMEVER GETS IT FIRST MUST POST IT HERE...and I hope you are right Kym got a few wrong on her first try so BE CAREFUL!

o

I'm working on it, Mama Fran. Hubby came home last night and said "Are you STILL working on that thing??"
Yep...it's like a burr in my side, now...gotta get it done, just so I don't go insane. I HATE not being able to finish something.
But, hey! I've only got 3 more!!
Never will it be said that I'm the SMART one in the group! LMBO!

o

Nikki,
So glad to hear they arrived and all in good shape!

I love to cross stitch : pictures, cards, blankets, pillows... This weekend I was at a craft sale (I had to drive over an hour to get home in a blizzard!) and sold some ornaments and a quilt! This one:
Cowboy Quilt
This is our Wyoming logo but I couldn't find a pattern, so made it myself and chose red, white and blue. The bad news is my sister was helping me carry boxes out and left my bag of crafts that I was working on - this years table center piece & a gift for my son - setting on the table!! GRRRRRR I didn't notice until we got home and she said that she thought I left it on purpose ?????? Okay, little sister, I will forgive you this time, because I get it back, although I have to drive 2 1/2 hours round trip to retrieve it but boy do you owe me - BIG TIME!!! Then...... Sunday morning I get up and my hot water is FROZE and still is :( Atleast the cold works but it takes forever to heat enough water for 2 bathes each day... I have worked on it and have called in the calvery to help today but it isn't looking good. The high on Sunday was -18 with a wind chill of -38, yesterdays was -9 with a wind chill of -24 and today it isn't going to reach 0 but the wind has died to a dull roar. Welcome to Winter in Wyoming LOL

I am becoming addicted to appliqueing! I made this for a birthday block swap. It is just to much fun making up a pattern and seeing it turn out like I had in mind. Ooop's, I just noticed I took the picture before trimming it LOL
1930 reproduction birthday quilt block

I have a part time job driving school bus after the first of the year - about an hour a day. I am going to an interview tomorrow for a correction's officier - not sure about the drive though. About an hour one way and the road it terrible! Snow, wind and ice in the winter & deer, elk and other critters to dodge the other 3 seasons.

Jackson town square
A friend is on vacation (skiing) & sent this to me over the weekend. It is the town square in Jackson, Wyoming. They have horse drawn sleigh rides that you can take around town and it is beautiful. I have been there alot but never for the rides - it isn't as much fun when the kids are all I have to cuddle with LOL

Marie

o

Marie~ -18?!?!? Remind me to not complain about our single digits! LOL How would ya like to come over to AR for a day? We're having a heat wave of 20! Woo-Hoo! :O) This, after being 68 on Sunday. Can you believe that??

And I love the quilt block! That is so pretty....I would love to try a floral quilt sometime. I'm just getting good with points, so I haven't wanted to attempt anything requiring paperpiecing or appliquing yet! LOL Maybe one of these days....but golly, I could use some pointers on getting started! :O)

o

Marie, you did an excellent job on that Logo quilt! It is awesome! Plus I love horses and those kinds of things it is right up my allie!
I am gonna have to get started on something soon myself to keep me occupied. It is getting very cold here this season so making a quilt would be just the thing to do!
That flower is just too cute!

It was supposed to be in the 60's here today but it wasn't it has been pretty chilly all day and tonight it is getting much cooler.

Bunny, how is it coming along? You getting those words you were stumped on????? Gosh, I hope you have that baby so you can use that baby ornament I sent you it would be bad if you are a year off on the ist one! Darn it, I knew I shouldn't have jumped the gun on that one. I figured though since you had the due date of the 28th of Nov surely you wouldn't go a whole month over....DARN DOCTORS!!!
I tried and it is SOOOOOOOOOO cute!

o

Ok Folks Happy Hump Day...wow I can't believe this is Dec 17th already. It seems as if this year has just flown by.
I am looking forward to spring. I can't wait to get my seeds going for the next season, and I am already putting in a word of pray with the heavens above for rain, rain, rain as needed for us next year. We can only hope that the Carolinas are blessed with rain next year.
OK, so who is almost finished with their word scramble?
Do I need to post even more HINTS?
Just say the word and then hints will be posted for yah!

I want someone to win, although I am STILL waiting on a order from Pine Tree Seeds which is where I ordered the Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia from so you can't receive until those get here so you have time...lol.
I would still like to see a winner soon.

Haven't decided which will be the next game, thinking... I would like everyone to have a chance to play something though.

Ok well, I have rambled enough, guess I will go play with my newest seeds and get them organized!

o

Marie-Nice work! Did you appliqu the flower by hand?

Don't have much time but I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

The only thing that helps me working at the Mall for my DD is that I get to spend an hour or more at the pet store. My DH doesn't particularly care for animals but I love them. He's also allergic to animal fur and dander. No way no how does he want an animal in our house. One of the guys at the pet store sees me coming and asks me which ferret I want to hold first. When I'm done cooing and snuggling with the ferrets I head for the puppies. Today I played with a Puggle which is a hybrid cross between a Pug and a Beagle. All the puppies are teething so they practically chew my clothes off.LOL This little guy wouldn't stop chewing on my jeans. They finally brought in a chew toy when he got a hold of my sweater sleeve and nearly ripped it off. The salesman also gave me one of those laser lights. It was so funny watching that dog chase the beam. Yesterday I played with a Cockapoo-what a little ball of wiggles she was! I understood a long time ago how therapeutic animals are because they have really been helping me get though the day.
Hope everyone is doing well
Hugs
Mariann

o

Mariann~ There you are! It's good to hear from you! Sounds like you've been busy....although....I'm not certain playing with animals can qualify as work! LOL
A puggle?? Now THAT sounds cute! I'm imagining long ears & a pug nose....LOL...but, I'm sure that's not what they look like. :O)

Mama Fran~ I gave up. I haven't worked on that thing for 12 hours now. LOL I keep telling myself it's for the best, as I'd probably kill any seeds I might win ANYWAY. :O) Why hasn't one of the other gals posted her answers?? I KNOW someone has to have gotten them all by now.

Did we decide to NOT do a January swap? I can't remember. Seems like it, because I think everyone agreed that we might need a month off....but maybe I'm the one that's off. LOL

Anyway. :O)

o

Hi everyone - just wanted to say hi. I've been mia lately due to studying for a final. Mariann, I know you are looking forward to Christmas so you can take a break. Melissa, you still holding on that baby? i don't know if I've thanked you yet for the Christmas card. It was so sweet!
Fran, I gave up on the word scramble. I'm a math person and it was making me crazy.
Marie, Those quilts are beautiful. Makes me think of my mom - she would love to quilt if she had more time.
Kym, I still can't believe how big the ss swap was (and still is). I've only heard from one person from my second batch but that's ok. I really don't need to be acknowledged - I was just starting to wonder if something happened.
Anybody ever hear from Vickie?
Deb, where are ya? Are you up to your nose in boxes and cleaning out your mom's house?
Hope everyone is having a great week. I only have 2 more days before our Christmas break. Yahoooo, I really need it this year. Nik

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB
Photobucket

o
Happy Birthday ALSO to diene

Happy Birthday Diene
Photobucket

o

WOW - those are so pretty! Is it Diene's birthday? If so happy birthday!
Happy birthday to you, too Deb!
Nik

o
update:

I have heard from Vickie, her internet has been down although she is incredible busy she wanted to let me know she has sent out Deb's box it went out today.
She said she was very sorry Deb and she hopes you understand she didn't mean to be late. The DC# 01038555749588534994.

Ok, now she is also working on her December box as well and said not to worry because it was going out. Again she apologized for the lateness of this box too.

She also requested to be moved to June because this SHOULD give her time to get situtated in her job enough to be stable enough to play AND to know whether or not she will have to drop out since that will leave Jan AND Feb now open she will know by March if she can manage the job, family and play. I have no objection to her switching months to give herself time to figure out her next move. SOOOOOOO I will now post the NEW SCHEDULE REFLECTING VIC'S REQUEST!

NEW SCHEDULE
November---
17-debbya/Deb (Finished)

December---
Ornament AND Secret Santa Swap (one more box and it will be finished)

January---

February---

March---
20ncgardengirl/Fran(NC)(ME)

April---
10---flwers4ever/Kym (R.I.)

May---
17---nikkineel/Nikki

June---
18---vic_zn5/Vic (MT)

July---
17---galium/Mariann

August---
23---wynative/Marie(WY)

September---
26---hazelnutbunny/Melissa(AR)

October---
12---diene/diene(MA)

OK ladies we will need to decide IF we wish to keep Feb open now OR do a Cupid/Valentine's Swap. IF we choose to do a swap we will have 'Valentine' to send to like for the Secret Santa, with just a little switch-up.
Let me know what you think! Either way is fine with me, if you all feel as though you need a two month break ok and if you chose to do a Feb themed swap that's great too. Just let me know!

o

Fran, can we do a home made Valentine...with the rules that no scrapbooking materials are allowed...we would all have a good time making them, and I know I have little ability, so it would be funny...

Just a thought. I am open to anything. I am so glad to hear Vic is doing ok..and I hope she will stay with us.

Mariann, I have always wanted a cockapoo..they are so darn cute. Yes, they are really theraputic, my dog has been a lifesaver for me...all I have to do is tell her to go get daddy, and she will go and bark at him, until he comes to me...and a few other things, she is 10 and I dont know what I will do without her. Did you finish the jacket ?

Marie, your quilts are just outstanding !! I would love to see more...Do you do them all by hand, or the machine ? I love to watch the quilting show on HGTV.

Nikki, I am so glad you enjoyed the SSSWAP, it has been a lot of fun for me too ! I promise to talk more, once it wraps up, I wont be so busy.

Bunny, I hope you are feeling well ! A Christmas baby would just be so exciting ! Although I guess they dont see it that way when they celebrate their bdays...Are the kids starting to get excited about Christmas ? My kids are out of school as of Friday, and I can feel the excitement building...I had four kids, and two animals on the bed with me last night discussing cookies, what they wanted to make...when we could make them..it was a nice night.

Is anyone baking ? I found a few new recipes I cant wait to try...Paula Deen has a good few cookies on her site..

Have a wonderful day !

Kym

o

Oh, I am kicking myself!! I can NOT believe I forgot our girls' birthdays!!
DEB & DIENE
Happy Birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

Please forgive me for being late!! Ugh! I feel so bad!
Did ya'll have a nice day? I surely hope so. :O)

Kym~ Over on the MNF thread we're swapping cookie recipes. There are some great sounding ones that we're gonna try this weekend.

Fran~ I'd like to do a valentine swap, too. I think it'd be fun.

Ladies, I hope I won't offend anyone by asking for prayers right now? Last night my hubby & I got some very bad financial news. I am not going into details here, but it's bad, and I would appreciate it so much if everyone would just say a quick prayer that we can *somehow* get things resolved. Anytime's a bad time for something like this, but with the baby so close & Christmas too...I'm trying to stay positive, but the stress isn't helping.

Anyway...I hope everyone has a great Thursday. The weekend is almost here....Yay!...

o

Fran - Cupid/Valentine's Swap gets my vote! and I love the idea of homemade cards! Can we, huh, huh, can we?? :)

Thanks to all for all the nice things you said about my quilts! It is so nice to sit in the evenings cuddling with a quilt that I am working on. Kind of like I am the first one to 'test' them to make sure they are warm enough :)

Kym - I do almost all of my quilts by hand but a few like the applique and ones that I have to finish quickly I will do the binding with a machine. Since you ask... This is my daughters Christmas gift that I just finished:
megs
well almost... I still have to tie it - I am just teaching my self to quilt, yes by hand :) It is queen size and she had to have pink. I mixed creams and browns into it and the backing is a rich dark brown with leaf print. My oldest sister gets a dresden pattern burgandy queen sized one that I am trying to finish for her birthday Jan. 2nd. although I messed up on it and only hand quilted the top??? so when I get it all put together I will have to tie it anyway LOL

Marie

o

Marie, your talent amazes me...I just love the pink quilt, and my daughter says ME TOO...LOL

They have a quilters group at my church and I have always wanted to go..they all work on them together, or do their own and just go for the socialism...and they help the newer people learn.

Thanks so much for showing me more !! I love to get to see...

I hop everyone is doing well...we have a HUGE snow storm on the way...10 inches or more on the way..schools have been closed...grocery stores are swamped...and I am planning on getting the kids to bake all my cookies..I just LOVE snow days...LOL

Kym

o

Diene-
Photobucket

o

Kym~ Did you get as much snow as anticipated? Our forecast is calling for snow on Sunday....the kids can't wait. They wish for snow every year, but for the past 5 years or so, we haven't gotten more than a few inches at a time.
As long as it comes AFTER I get groceries, and we have enough that I DON'T have to get back out in it...I'm fine. :O) Love the snow, but HATE having to drive in it. Folks around here don't get enough practice at it, so they tend to drive fast, slam on their brakes and hope for the best.
Me....I crawl so slow, that I've got people passing and honking at me. LOL
Oh well!

I'm off to find some peppermint tea or something. I was up all night- couldn't sleep- so I've got a bad headache this morning. I am tempted to brew a LARGE pot of coffee. Surely once won't hurt?? :O) Did I mention that I have DIET POLICE? Even my FIL jumped me...I took a drink of someone's Coke on Thanksgiving, and he swiped it out of my hands. JUST ONE DRINK!! Not even a guzzle! :O(
I know they're trying to be helpful...but....... LOL

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

o

Bunny-I hate driving in the snow too. We were suppose to get 5-6" today. It started snowing while I was at WalMart this morning. I barely made it out of ShopRite before it started to stick. We've had a few inches and now it's freezing rain. The trees and shrubs are all covered in ice. I took the day off from the mall to get some shopping done. Didn't even get half finished before I had to turn around and come back. I did get a few things done though.

Kym-Hope you enjoyed your snow day with the kids. I bet you had fun making cookies.

Marie-You amaze me! Your quilts are spectacular. I want to learn to quilt but I'm a wimp and would probably use my sewing machine.

Fran-I think a Valentine swap is a nice idea. Just a card right? Glad you heard from Vic.
Hugs to Everyone
Photobucket

o

Mariann, I was thinking maybe a homemade card and a few seeds included, either seeds with the name Cupid or Valentine in the name OR if you personally DON'T have any other these then something that blooms PINK OR RED.

Ya'll tell me what ya'll think about that. It can be veggies or flowers. If this is ok with everyone this is what we will do. That way it is the cheapest thing and would cost under 2.00 to ship and we still would pretty much have a free month off.
So tell me what you think and I will post this around the first week of Jan. Since it is only seeds and a homemade card I would allow the whole month of Feb. to get it to whom ever you will be sending to. Would that be better for everyone?

Just let me know!
Thanks ya'll.

I wanted to toot my own horn for a minute please, I signed up for Kym's Secret Santa Seed Swap and I received from it today a small Corkscrew Vine plant from medo (medontdo) and her little girl Talla. She said that Talla had talked to it before they mailed it and told it to grow 'good' for me and that the faires would help take care of it because Talla talked to the faries and asked them to help with it! She (Talla) also drew a little fairy on a piece of paper and wrotw Merry Hcristmas (I forgot her exact age) wasn't that just too SWEET?
That along with a card Kym sent me almost made me cry! I can't believe medo actually took the time to send me a plant. I have wanted this one since they were introduce! So sweet for someone you don't know!

OK, I just thought that was very generous and thought I would share with you.

Nikki, I am sorry I haven't gotten back to you on what seeds you wanted. I am gonna go look at your seeds list now.
IF I don't see anything then you can choose from mine. Ok?

Later Ladies, hope you enjoy your weekend and toda has been a good one.

o
GAME Time

GAME TIME
Ok, since everyone has gotta their Secret Santa boxes this game will be for YOU to GUESS WHO SENT TO WHOM. Instead of me posting this at this point I thought I would make it a game. You can ask questions if you need to, BUT I will not tell you WHO sent until we have a winner. You can each guess 3 times then whomever is closet to being correct will win. YES I realize this IS hard but just try... Prize will be seeds of course! We see what kind when we have a winner.

WORD SCRAMBLE HELP
1. decoration
2. Holiday
3. A guide
4. Wrapped in swaddling clothing
5. Kiss ME
6. Trimmings
7. A cold song
8. An elf
9. Visited in the middle of the night
10. Pretties
11. Icicles
12. A blessed event
13. Smart boys
14. Cold hearted
15. Animals
16. Shiny string
17. Yummy
18. We all wish for this this time of year
19. Something hoped for 3 words
20. A closing phrase
I HOPE THESE HELP!!!

o

Fran, I think the Valentine's swap sounds like a great idea - something easily managable. Don't you worry about those seeds for me. That can wait till after the holidays!
That's a sweet story about the ss swap. I've traded with Medo before and she is AWESOME!
Marianne, Glad to hear that you were able to take a little time for shopping. Sorry the snow interupted your fun!
AWE Bunny, I wish I could come get you, and sneak you away for some real caffeinated coke, coffee, cookies, and maybe even something spicy to help nudge that baby along. Getting pretty comfy in there:) Saying a prayer for the hubby's financial situation.
Marie, I love that quilt. My great grandmother made me one very similar to that when I was little. She lived to be 102! She made all of us quilts and now they are so special.
Kym, I'd love to have a snow day. We rarely get those! But I really have some shopping to do now that we are finally out of school. I go to Macon tomorrow for my sister's drip (medical thing). I hope to squeeze in some shopping time:)
I'm happy to hear from you Vic. I hope all is well and that the new year brings you some time for yourself. I know how hectic things can get. I sure hope things settle down enough for you to stay in!! We sure would miss you!
How was your birthday Diene? How is your finger healing? Miss hearing from you!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Nik

o
PICKED your Seeds Nikki

Nope Nikki, not gonna make you wait. I checked. I can do the Corkscrew Vine (I received 3 seeds) and I can send 8 seeds of the Aster 'Hulk' how's that?
I know nothing about starting the Corkscrew vine so you would be on you one with those. And I am sure the Aster's would be easy!

I will get these out to you MONDAY!!! I hope you enjoy!!!

o

Fran.......Did everyone receive their boxes already ??

We are getting hammered with snow...already 7 inches and still coming down like crazy...and more coming sunday..and more on wed...WOW...

Yes, we did enjoy the day baking...We got a ton done...

over 300 buckeyes...12 dozen choc chip cookies, 4 dozen oreo balls, 6 dozen ricotta cheese cookies...2 dozen brownie surprise, andies candies mint cookies 5 dozen..pecan tassies 3 dozen, Paula deens choc balls 4 dozen...sooo about 54 dozen cookies...anyone want some ?? LOL

and we will make more tomorrow....or I should say the kids are making more tomorrow.

YES< it is a ton BUT we are making about 20 cookie trays..that is how we thank people for being an important part of our year..and we never have the money to get gifts for everyone soo they know the cookies will be coming.

Ok, I am totally worn out, but wanted to stop and see how everyone is doing...AND I will take some good snow pictures to share with ya..

hugs to you all,

Kym

o

NO Kym I JUMPED the HORSE on the GAME!!!
SO EVERYONE HOLD OFF ON THAT JUST YET WE STILL HAVE TWO UNACCOUNTED FOR WHEN THOSE COME IN WE CAN PLAY THIS WHO SENT TO WHOM GAME....
DON'T BEGIN THE WHO SENT TO WHOM GAME YET 2 BOXES ARE STILL OUT

SORRY

o

YIPPPEEE! Fran, I can't believe you have the Hulk seeds. I saw those on a website and had to add them to my long wishlist. Now I can't take those precious corkscrew vine seeds from you. Number one, you have the perfect climate and green thumb to grow them. They are absolutely gorgeous in pics. I hear they smell great too! Number 2, another gw friend, Kathy (jaleeisa) sent me some in the secret santa swap. I guess I need to update me page again. I must have gotten them after my last update. You grow yours and I'll grow mine and we'll share pics, how's that? You were so sweet to check out my page.
Ok - since I'm an idiot when it comes to scrambled words, I'm going to put on my thinking cap and try to figure out who sent to who. I know I'm not supposed to post yet but tell me this, who hasn't received?
I'm thinking it is in the dining room with a candlestick.... Nik

o

Hello All;
I have returned from a trip to Florida which was partly fun (spent four days at Disney's Old Key West Resort) and the rest of the time visiting and packing stuff from my parent's condo.
I will give you a more in depth story in the AM but I was in Disney for my birthday and that was fun. Returned home in the middle of a snow storm, last plane to land before they closed the airport. My finger is getting better and I am busy trying to do Fran's first contest so I will give you all the details tomorrow.
Happy Holiday's to all.
diene

o

Nikki, Kathy is who sent me mine too...what a HOOT. I forgot you had posted that in the SSSS thread!
Ok then, I will send the 'hulk' I had ordered some from ebay then a friend sent me some more. THEN I LOST the pack from ebay....
YES, I have a HARD time apparently keeping up with things.

THIS is the way my brain works:
About 2 months ago I needed to get a script filled, SO was sick with the flu or something and didn't feel like driving me, so his friend came by. So I asked if he minded driving me down, I had already called it in just needed to pick it up. SO gives me the money, I put it in my hidden compartment in my pocket, KNOWING it will be safe in there. Wally World is just 7 miles down the road. SEVEN MILES OK?! We get there. I get out to go in. I get to the tailgate of the truck and think SHOOT WHERE DID I PUT THAT MONEY? Thinking I had it in HAND still and when I went to get out I dropped it in the floor of the truck or worse yet in the parking lot getting out of the truck. I JERK open the truck door, I had already scanned the lot around the area. I am looking in the floor as soon as the door is open. The whole time thinking...THINK, THINK, THINK, were'd you put it???? OK, at this point I have managed to work myself in a tizzy because I am currently going through my secret compartment because I was convinced at that point that was were I had put it. IT WASN'T THERE...I am digging, diggin, digging, shuffling receipts (yes I tend to hang on to them til they are NO LONGER NEEDED) and I can't find it, I have gone through what is in my hand quickly about 3 times now. Then I decide to dig deeper into the compartment IT MUST BE SOMEWHERE!!! There is was stuck to the very bottom of the wall along with another piece of paper that was stuck too.
SHUUUUEEEE, RELIEF!!! I was frantic at the thought of losing it that quickly. Mind you all this took place in about a minute maybe 90 sec. His friend walked back and asked me what I was doing I said LOOKING FOR THE MONEY...he said What'd u do lose it? snicker....I smirked back and said NO, I was just making sure I had it ready so I could pay!
Alas, you see my dilemma, I lose things when I really don't and then when they are REALLY lost, they are gone! I might eventually find them BUT if I don't KNOW where I put something then I REALLY don't know! AND my brain just doesn't seem to function as well as it once did! So I can't find it unless it is somewhere I USUALLY keep something!
See ladies, I am noting if NOT INTERTAINING....lol.

Ok enough babble!

o

Well it is morning and still snowing so I am not sure whether I will leave the house today. Of course I know I must, I need to see my parents and get some groceries. I also have an appointment for my business at eleven. I will call and confirm that first.
I really just wanted to acknowledge Deb's birthday as I know how it gets overlooked in the hubbub of Christmas and to thank everyone for the well wishes for mine. It was a beautiful day and I am healthy so there is much to be thankful for. I hope for many more.
Have a wonderful day all.
diene

o

Kym, You should've seen my hubby's face when I told him how much snow you were getting! LOL He looked like a 5 year old that'd been refused dessert! :O) He LOVES the snow....and tries to convince me every year that we need to move up north. Not gonna happen, I'm a southern gal, thank ya very much. The closest we came was North Virginia, but that got canceled at the last minute. And that's not even north. LOL
I hope ya'll stay safe in the snow & don't wear yourself out TOO much making those cookies!
They do sound yummy, though! Specially the pecan ones...I love "nut" cookies!

Diene~ It's good to hear from you! I'm glad you had a good birthday & that you're healing nicely. :O) And you're getting snow too, huh?? I'd better not tell hubby...I'll have to see that face again!

Fran~ I'll get out my note book ONE more time, and try the last 3 words. *sigh* Maybe I got enough sleep last night to unfuzzy my brain a bit. (yep, and pigs can fly here, too) LOL
I think I over dosed on cookies yesterday. Those chocolate cherry cookies....wow, are they good. It's extremely funny when you know that I was eating them with SOY MILK! LOL Gotta stay healthy, ya know! Blech, can't stand soy milk, though...or REAL milk. ICK ICK ICK. Milk is great in ice cream or dribbling off a dunked cookie...but by itself? *UGH*

Anyway...I'm off to get ready for Church (no, I'm not confused, we go on Saturday..LOL..). This will be the first time I've gone in over a month. I just haven't had anything that FITS, and I don't want to go in sweats. But, I finally found a dress that fits like a sack...and by golly, I don't care WHAT it looks like, I"ma gonna go this morning! LOL

Have a great day, everyone!!

o

Well I have spent all day trying to figure out the last two of Ms. Fran's puzzle and I am stumped so... Being a cheater from way back I am asking anyone that knows the answers to number one and ten to contact me. We can collaborate and win!!! Team work and all that rot. diene

o
RE:answers

Thanks HNB

o

Bunny...we recd over 13 inches AND it hasnt stopped ... the road are a mess.....and another storm tomorrow and even one on Christmas eve. We dont see much snow here...and if we do it normally rains right after..

Diene, it is nice to hear you are home..and I hope your hand is doing well ! Did you get much of the snow up your way ??

I hope everyone is having a good weekend

Kym

o

Kym-15" WOW that's a lot of snow. We got about 2" but we're dealing with freezing rain. My DH had to work at the Mall today and it took him about 30 minutes to get his car cleared of ice. The roads are OK but our driveway is a sheet of ice.

diene-Glad you had a good birthday. I love Disney World! We've been twice and I feel like a little kid when I go. I don't think I've ever told you this but we use to camp at Boothbay Harbor every year. That was when our DD was little. Now my DH and I go up in the spring and stay in a motel overlooking the bay. Unfortunately we haven't be up there in 2 years but hope next year is better. We always talk about spending the summer there.

Fran-Don't think I've ever lost money but I've lost my glasses. Problem is I can't see very well without them so it's hard to look for them.LOL
Have a good day-Mariann
Photobucket

o
Answers to the jumble

Well HNB and I collaborated on these answers and Fran said that worked.

1. mraetonsn ornaments
2. stmcirhas Christmas
3. eeertthhsafblom Star of Bethlehem
4. ajebyamgsnneribsua Baby Jesus in a Manger
5. teisleomt Mistletoe
6. wodonbbbirssan ribbons and bows
7. nawoninretwlderd Winter Wonderland
8. pantselstaehr Santas Helper
9. egtuurdnafpreepcmsoofshthrssiastntat
ghost of Christmas past, present and future
10. torecnoidas decorations
11. cciilse Icicles
12. liisdhabcorn a child is born
13. ttwesnihheeerme The Three Wise Men
14. eeeeebnoorgrzsc Ebenezer Scrooge
15. ttwuortveolesd Two turtledoves
16. laasansgrdmrindt garland and trims
17. muinkpppei Pumpkin Pie
18. eecapanoehtr Peace on Earth
19. llnmogoiwotrdawed good will to men
20. lanotlaogdogthi to all a good night

I have no use for seeds and I cannot grow anything from seeds so HNB can have the prize. I just like the challenge.
We are getting more snow, it has barely stopped since I have been home from Florida. They are predicting another 18 inches, I hope they are wrong.
Will write more later.
diene

o

Diene are you sure you want to foreit your half of the seeds? I don't want you to miss out.
Wondering where Bunny is, she says she has no luck with seeds either...so MAYBE you two would want something else as a prize?
I am sure I could do something.

OK, well, will have to wait and see tomorrow if some boxes arrive. ONCE they do we will begin the WHO SENT TO WHOM GAME. I am sure it will go over on a new post and since Decembers end isn't far off I will prolly title it something like BDay BASH HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GAMES so ya'll will know where to post.

Valentine's FEB. seed swap Diene do you want to sit out on this one? Unless you would like seeds to maybe pass on to someone else? If you want to skip this is fine just let me know.
I also meant to include seeds with Heart/Love or anything else that goes along with Valentine's themes:
Cupid
Heart
Love
Valentine
Pink flowing
Red Flowering
Flowers
Veggies
Homemade card
Ok is that it? If anyone can think of something else to include then let me know.
OK, IF you choose to include other items that is entirely up to you and in no way is required. This is something that is meant to be fun for us, friendship oriented, and non-costly!

Ok then, let me know and I will check back in today and post info on another thread if needed! (I hope! lol)

o

I'm here, Mama Fran....I've just had another of those weekends. I tell ya what, I'm getting tired of 'em. I keep telling the kids that I'm gonna run off and join the circus, just so I can have a break. Sad, huh?? LOL
I hate feeling down, and I know it's the hormones...but I guess with everything else going on, too, it's understandable. I was doing OK, just a few weepy moments this weekend, UNTIL my mother called this morning to inform me how FAT I am, and WHY HAVEN'T I HAD THAT BABY YET, DO I WANT TO KEEP GETTING FATTER??
Good Grief, like I'm holding the baby in or something. And like I'm supposed to have a healthy baby WITHOUT gaining weight??
Hello?
And she needs to tell me this RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of all the other stressful stuff I'm dealing with??!
*UGH!!!!!!*
Calgon, take me away!!!!

Any-hooooooo.......

I'm not great with seeds either, Diene! LOL That's why I helped you out...I wanted to see someone else win that might be able to grow them better than I could. :O)

Fran~ Don't worry about sending me a prize, I've already won a game. I didn't do the puzzle for the prize, I just had fun doing the scramble. Send Ms Diene the prize, I believe she had more correct answers than I did, anyway!!

Everyone~ Thank you for the prayers. My family really needs them right now, and I appreciate it. You don't know how much. :O) Things are starting to look a bit brighter (as long as I don't answer the phone when mother calls)....just gotta get over this bump.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Stay safe & stay warm!!

o
Prize !!

While I feel a bit weird about winning the game by collarborating, I guess if I took the prize I can join the February swap. I do have a bunch of seeds as I do harvest for others and I had planned on winter sowing this year but did not get it together and since we now have two feet of snow...
So send that prize package my way!!
Thanks Fran
diene

o

We'll do diene, I am glad you will be joining us for the Valentine's swap too. I don't have them just yet they haven't came in maybe today or tomorrow but as soon as I get them I will put them in the mail.

Seeds are easy to start, even indoors. You just have to remember to keep them moist and know when to stop. It just takes practice and if you start out with something simple like marigolds then it isn't a big waste until you get it right either.
When I start mine outside in the Spring I water then in the morning and evening and if it gets really hot or windy I check them through out the day and water as needed.
I love starting from seeds, it is a WHOLE lot cheaper....and more fun usually...lol. You get a sense of pride that you usually don't get from buying a plant!

o
MAXED out another one

OK THIS THREAD IS DONE LOOK FOR THE UPDATE AND NEW YEARS THREAD.... Make sure you are all read up on this one though!
See you at the other thread!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here