Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

secret santa thread 6 thank you

Kym, the other one was full....Hope your okay.

Comments (54)

• socalgardengal
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Found a card hiding....
    Thank you so much to grdngramma(Pam) for the beautiful Christmas card and Jalapeno seeds. Happy New Year Pam!

• mastergarder2003
    9 years ago

Alana poisiondartfrog
    I love my 2 paks of seed made my day today.
    i will get you out a surprise pak or 2 as well. Happy Gardening, I love your selection too. I dont have both varitys.
    Bon happy gardening.

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

Thank you to Bon (mastergarder2003) for a quick note and a couple of packs of seeds! My hosta garden will be just a little bigger next year as I try to get the seeds to grow and the ligularia denta was one I had to look up. I love the big purple leaves and it'll look good with the hostas. Thank you!

Also thank you to Patricia (patrob) for the cute snowman card and the seeds. I love fox glove but have never tried to grow them so now here's my chance. Thank you!

Dawn

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Wowsa,...believe it,...another card yesterday! This time, from Mandy (l1oness), who sent an artsy-kewl Santa card, with the following seeds:

Tomato, Nyagous - 90 days. A wonderful, dark-colored 'cluster tomato' that produces perfect globe-shaped fruit that have smooth shoulders and are borne in clusters of 3-6 tomatoes! They are aromatic and have sweet, meaty flesh that has a rich taste. Another tomato that is superb for marketing and a must for every garden; simply lovely. (Definitely sounds like a winner to me! Gads, I've gotta get a new grow light setup, considering all the tomato and pepper seeds I've received. Gee, too bad, huh?! LOL!!)

Thank you so very much, Mandy! :)

• roper2008
    9 years ago

Another card in the mail. Cute snowman card from Alana
    (poisondartfrog) with Isabellina zinnia. Will make a nice
    addition to my zinnia bed. Thank you

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Lisa - (ishare) thank you so much for the glittery Santa Christmas card and these seeds:

Columbine - Little Lanterns
    Columbine - Winky Blue
    Monarda - Punctata

Thank you grdngramma for the beautiful Gold Christmas Tree card and the mixed Zinnia seeds.

Thank you Patricia (patrob) for the darling snowmen singing Christmas card and these seeds:
    Dianthus-Neon Star
    Foxglove - tall mix

Thank You Karen (primrose1x3) for the beautiful Owl Christmas card (I collect owls) and these seeds:
    Schizanthus-Tinkerbell
    Trachelium Caerleum -White Knight
    Cucurbita -warts n wings
    Snapdragon-Dark Pink
    Dianthus barbatus - Holborn Glory
    English Lavender
    Foxglove

Shirley

• mastergarder2003
    9 years ago

Dawn put the Hosta seed in a wet paper towel and put on the warm fridge top and when they pop open plant in pots in the house till rooted well and harden off to take outdoors In spring YOu can put in a window for a while or under a grow light but not to close a shade plant Bon.

• cryptid
    9 years ago

BUMP!

• leann2800
    9 years ago

Oh wow! My mailbox has been full. I am dreadfully sorry it took so long to post. My husband has a kidney stone and it hit hard right in the middle of Christmas and my son came home from college.

I really couldn't tell you which days I got any of these because I couldn't open them right away. I can say that they really brightened my busy holiday.

Erica Braun sent me perilla. I have never tried it Erica but I can't wait to. It smells awesome!

Heidi- Xiangirl made the coolest Jungle Card using the seeds. It's very clever! (And appropriate) thank you for the selection of milkweeds. I have never seen a Teddy Sunflower. That's cool! I really can't wait to see some of these bloom.

Betsy/Ruby sent a penguin/snowman card with Candytuff umbellata. I had never heard of that but it looks cool. Thank you for the purple asters and cneflowers. I love purple!

I got a Sparkly Santa from Faye/ nottougly
    Thank you for the purple patch I will be growing of aster andechinacea. I think I will still it next to the shed so the wisteria can grow up the side.

Terrigail sent a PolarBear card with more purple! It's so cool that you sent columbine with the echinacea. I have only seen columbine in orange but
    I would live to see it in purple. Thank you thank you

Flowergirl sent me this card from New York with an ice skating scene. Most of my cards are cottages and snowmen. I think your card is the only big city scene I have ever recieved on a card. I love it! Thank you for the yarrow cherries jubilee. I have never tried one.

Lorabell, I love the Thai Basil, Chinese forget me not, and salsify. The card smelled amazing. I can't wait to smell it as a full plant.

Michael- Heavenlyform sent me seeds with instructions! Thanks for the instructions. I google everything I plant and tear apart my garden manuals reading them so much. The instructions are very helpful. You would think as much as I like lavender that it would be the first plant I would grow. But I have never even tried it. I have always meant to but never have, a big thank you for that. I have never seen balloon flowers in my area. I really hope they take off. I reserved a corner on the deck for that columbine.

MiceyRay sent me the coolest purple card! Purple Snow- Grow!Grow!Grow!
    I am not sure who is more excited for the herbs, me or my my husband! Italian Oregano is one of his favorites. I don't have sweet basil or pink milkweed either. My yard is going to smell amazing and becoveredin butterflies. Thank you! Thank you!

Limer, I really appreciate the catnip! I have several cats around the house. My husband has already bought planters for them to put out front if we can only get these to take off. My cats are so addicted to those cat treats that have catnip in them. I know they will love it growing!

Thank you for the asters Denise and for the card with the little cildren dressed up. My sister and
    I were just saying one of our favorite memories as a child were the pageants and singing carols. Its odd but I don't recall may of my oresents as a chid. I know I got them. But
    I do remember singing carols with my sister every year.

Patricia sentme some snowmen who like to sing as much as my sister and I do. Very cute card!
    Thank you for the basil and the asclepias tuberosa. I don't have either and
    I can't wait to try them both.

I can't thank you guys enough. As soon as the live of my life starts feeling better, We will be having fun in the yard. Thank you! It's going to be a great spring!

• redthreaddiy
    9 years ago

WonderWeasel sent Golden Jalapeno peppers, Basil 'Spicy Globe' and Pink and Purple columbine seeds. Thank you for the polar bear card as well! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year :)

• dem_pa
    9 years ago

I received a snow covered church and pine tree Christmas card from rane_grow. Inside were seeds for Violet Queen cleome, sweet Beverly cherry tomato, and mahogany midget coreopsis. I love all of them. Thank you.

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

I have been out of town for several days.....but came home to mail last night!!

Alana (poisondartfrog) sent me a WINTER GREETINGS card of red cherries in the frosty snow and seeds......Felicia bergerianan Blue Kingfisher Daisy and Celosia cristata Armor Orange. These are two new ones for me. I need to look these up. I always enjoy planting what you send me......Thank you so very much!

And thanks to all who particpated in the Secret Santa swap......always so much fun and there is so much spirit in the air!

Santa Kym, thanks to you!!!!

Wishing everyone a very beautiful and safe 2015, Happy New Year............

Annie

• riley17
    9 years ago

I went back home for a week for Christmas, and when I got back I had several more cards!! :)

Thank you very much to Ruby-dog for the garden cress, flat Italian parsley, and Aunt Ruby's german green tomato!!!

Thank you Lorabell for the lazy housewife beans, and the contender beans!!

Thank you yotetrapper for the rosemary seeds!!

Thank you all so much and all of your cards were very pretty and I hung them all up in our living room. :)

• redthreaddiy
    9 years ago

What an awesome surprise from PINKIRIS! She sent along a Merry and Bright card along with loads of new seeds for me to try! 18 in total! Seriously, almost started crying when I opened it. :) She sent: Tomato 'Striped Cavern', Tomato 'Pink Calabash', Tomato 'Long Keeper', Tomato 'Caspian Pink', Asiatic Lily Mix, Fish Peppers, Aji Lemon Peppers, Rooster Spur Peppers, San Luis Ancho Chiles, Thai Dragon Peppers, Fresno Peppers, Friariello di Napoli peppers, Red Marconi peppers, Aji Rojo peppers, Scorpion ButchT peppers, Esplette peppers, Jalapeno peppers, and Trinidad Congo peppers. How freakin' epic and amazing! I can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much for these :) Happy New Year!

{{gwi:2132993}}
    {{gwi:2132994}}

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

I received a very pretty birdhouse card from Margo/smitties today with yellow Snapdragon and Will Rogers Zinnia seeds, both from my wishlist. Thank you Margo!

• sji1981
    9 years ago

grdngramma, sent me golden glittery Christmas tree card with slicing cucumber, red malabar spinach and Lettuce black seeded sympson. Love them all. Thank you so much.

• roper2008
    9 years ago

Thank you Iris (rane_grow) for the Sweet Beverly tomato
    seed!

• tessie83856
    9 years ago

Thank you Chris-- pseudacris_crucifer for the liatris seed. I also got some white liatris so will have a nice variety. And the card is so pretty, shiny gold nativity scene and glitter too.

• cryptid
    9 years ago

BUMP!

• lorabell_gw
    9 years ago

Received from Rane-grow yesterday a lovely card with Rudbeckia 'Indian Summer'. What a gorgeous rudbeckia that one is. Thank you so much. It is being winter sowed as we speak!

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Happy New Year Y'all! As I'm cleaning up 2014 I took a moment to look at each one of the cards that came in this holiday season and I would like to say thank you to
    Don - dem-pa
    Betsy - Ruby Dog
    Mary - cottonwood468
    skyblue52
    Linda - roper2008
    Heidi - Xiangirl
    Dawn - Lexiegirl
    Lisa - ishareflowers
    Melinda - ilovefarac
    The Newell Family - socalgardengal
    Margo - smitties
    Erica - Erica Braun
    grdngramma
    dmkelly
    Jayeanne - pinkiris
    Faye - nottougly
    Sheri - panhandle_seed_swap
    Ruth - ruthz
    Nicole - bluee19
    Katie - kchd6

for taking the time to send me and my family a card. They really brightened up our home and our hearts. Thank you so very much and may your 2015 be the best year ever!

Promise :)

• lexiegurl09
    9 years ago

I want to thank Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) for the awesome seeds she sent me. Such a great variety to choose from. Sheri I would have to say I am most excited about the Sunflower seeds because I always said I was going to try to grow them but never bought any. It's like you read my mind :) thank you so much again!

Dawn

• kchd
    9 years ago

Sending out a big thank you to Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) for the great card and heirloom seeds of Webb's Wonderful Lettuce and Cherry Roma Grape Tomato. Looking forward to growing both!

Happy New Year to all!!

Katie

• heavenlyfarm
    9 years ago

One last thank you(I think) to Iris (rane_grow) for the joe pye weed seeds :) thank you so much!!
    ~michael
    heavenlyfarm

Hope everyone had a good new years!!! :)

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Kym,...you there? Getin' a bit concerned, here.

• jhgarden9
    9 years ago

Happy New Year!

I have some late thank-you's to catch up:

From tessie83856, I received a lovely card. Inside the card there are OpusEggplant and, mixed Cactus seeds. So excited!

From nottougly, she sent me a cute glitter Santa Clause card with lovely mixed zinnia seeds.

From Primrose1x3, what a cute card with a cat looking out of the window at a snowman. She sent me many seed packets including herbs, flower, and veggie seeds. They warm up my heart on the cold winter days!

From pinkiris, I received Caspian Pink Tomato and green eggplants seeds. Can't wait to try them. I would definitely plant some in the spring.

Thank you all for the wonderful seeds. ^ ^

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I got some beautiful cards and great seeds form jhgarden9 and rane_grow. THANK YOU so much!!!

Mastergarder sent me great seeds as a thank you as well... thank you! :)

Sheri

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't know how I missed this Thank you! I must have not hit submit!

I was scanning to see if my cards made it to their new homes. I think people have stopped posting....

Primrose sent me a beautiful card filled with a great selection of seed(10 packs) that I will sow THIS year.

Thank you Karen!

Lisa

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

Thank you ranegrow (Iris) for the cleome and Shasta Daisy!
    Thank you sjr for the seeds! I thought it was from someone else and then realized it was from you and I better get on over here and say 'thank you' like my mother taught me!
    Heidi

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Thank you Rane_grow and Ruby_dog for the pretty cards and seeds! Love them both!
    Alana

• nottougly
    9 years ago

I received a great surprise today in my mailbox.
    I had a card from susieQsie. Susie sent me a card with a pelican with a santa hat on and included morning glory seed of split second. Thank you so much for them Susie. I planted some last spring and I only had 2 flowers. I am going to put them into a different place this year thanks to you. Thank you.
    Faye!

• mastergarder2003
    9 years ago

Who won the photo contest?? I guess all the Christmas cards are finished thanks everyone Iam deleting all the post from my Favorites see you all back on the GW swap.Happy New year all and happy gardening, Loved the swap. Can't wait till Spring to plant in Mi.God Bless Bon.

• sji1981
    9 years ago

ranegrow, sent me snow covered church card with spring kale commercial seeds. Love it. Thank you so much.

• flwrs4ever
    9 years ago

Thanks Lisa for starting a new thread ..my life took a tailspin the past few weeks. I wont bore ya with it all, but one thing is my son is having surgery Weds...Id welcome any prayers or positive thoughts ! ( he has been sick, thought it would be cancelled, but surgeon Friday said we are all set to go)

Thanks so much to everyone for making others smile this year,so many here are going through tough times....

I have a few more thank you's myself, and I really hope I don't miss anyone..if so PLEASE forgive me...

thanks to ...
    primrose1x3
    jhgarden9
    cottonwood468
    Paulan
    poisondartfrog
    Cryptid, what a truly beautiful homemade card, I want to frame it :) Thanks Elly for me too !!

I loved each card, and I actually save them all..I have ALL 7 years of them in a box together and look at them each year when I get the Christmas decorations out !

THANKS again, and to the three ( I think it was 3) that took time to post photos, my plan is to mail you all something for entering the contest, it just may be next week after my son is on the mend.

I apologize for disappearing ...Hope you ALL had a wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Year !!

Santa Kym

• dirtdaddy
    9 years ago

Wow! Made it through the holidays!
    One more card! Thanks Iris, for the spring kale and hearts delight black tomatoe. 70 more days to start seeds! PEACE, dd.

• sinbadsmom
    9 years ago

Okay let me try this again! I've started this 3 times and lost the thread! Got another card this morning from Cghpid and her son Philip, what a great homemade card. thank you for all the great seeds! NIcotania, datura, lemon basil and the birdhouse gourds and all the others, wow! thank you. So also found more cards that I had set aside and want to thank the rest Dawn wow! butternut squash and the pumpkins, Paul all the veggie seeds! JayAnne love the delphinium and the zinnia, cottonwood 468 your seeds got separated from the card but I believe you sent the delphinium,yes! thank you! and lastly nottougly the lupines thank you all this was a great swap!

• riley17
    9 years ago

Woops!! I found a card hiding!!

Thank you lexiegurl for the wonderful card and for the emerald giant pepper, floridade tomato, california wonder pepper, taller is kale, albino beet, thessaloniki tomato, adventure tomato, and beefsteak tomato seeds!!
    They will be very much enjoyed!

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Sinbadsmom: No delphiniums here. It was a square gold pack of black poppies...your welcome. Enjoy.

My photo was the one with the squirrel with the cards on the front porch.

• terrigail_gw
    9 years ago

Kym,
    I just want to say I'm glad you're back :) I've only been on GW about 5 months or so, but I do get concerned when people 'disappear'. I'm sending tons of prayers for your son and your family, and wishing you all many blessings for 2015!

Oh, thanks so much again for hosting this swap (it was my first RR); it was lots of fun!!

• flwrs4ever
    9 years ago

Thank you terrigail..wishing you all the best in 2015 :)

• mastergarder2003
    9 years ago

I got a thank you card with a pak after I had sent a card to you Lisa ishareflowers thank you it is a great thankyou pak too wanted white bachlor buttons cool. have a safe winter and enjoyable garden come spring.Bon.

• lexiegurl09
    9 years ago

I have got a few more people to thank for cards I got over the weekend.

Pinkiris sent a cute birdhouse glitter card with burgundy okra, golden acre cabbage, dwarf blue kale, and red creole onion. All great varieties. Thank you!

From master gardener2003 a nice thank you/ happy new year card with red or white radish, Anasazi bean, green scallions, and champion collards. Thank you!

And from Faye (nottougly), you are so sweet. I read your letter and I promise it is ok and it made it to me :) included inside was a pretty glittery Santa card with black seeded Simpson lettuce, evergreen bunching onions, burp less cucumber, gourmet blend radish, ruby queen beets, market more 76 cucumber, and jalapeño peppers. I really appreciate it Faye!

I hope everyone had good holidays and I will be looking forward to this swap again next year!

Dawn

• cghpnd
    9 years ago

I hope I got to say thank you to everyone that sent me cards and seeds.
    You really dont know how much it means to me that you all took a piece of you and shared it with me.
    My gratitude to you all!
    Blue19
    jhgarden
    roper2008
    karen barrett
    poisondartfrog
    dmkelly
    kchd
    sahmjay
    tessie
    grdngramma
    lorabell
    sherri
    don
    pinkiris
    ishareflowers
    nlb
    I1ones

I had everything written down in a book with who gave what but guess what happened to that? My son took it with him to Pittsburgh...

• intelkid
    9 years ago

I got another card few days ago.

rane_grow sent me a great card with "Crystal" Columbine seeds! Can't wait to grow them. Come on.. warm weather!

Thank You. I hope everyone had wonderful Holidays.

-David

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Finally finished my positive "Rate & Review Exchanges" posts for all who so generously sent me a card-n-seeds! Thank you everyone who participated! What a wonderful, festive swap (as always, thanks largely to Kym)! Our GardenWeb community totally ROCKS!!

• Phylis
    9 years ago

I'm back to address my thanks to Secret Santas who have kindly fulfilled my Wish List with your time & generosity! I wish you all a happy and successful 2015!

Linda (clipclop) - A lovely card & commercial pack of St John's Wort. Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted! :D

Kathie (sinbadsmom) - A lovely card & Echinacea Hot Papaya, Allium Bulgaricum, Allium Blue Azure. Wow, amazing varieties! I hope they like California weather. Thank you! I love them all!

Angela (yotetrapper) - A lovely card & Helenium Helana Red, Gaillardia Arizona Sun. Thank you! I'm excited to grow them in my yard! :)

Sam (sahmjay) - A lovely card & Lemon Queen Sunflower, St John's Wort. Thank you! Sunflowers are my favorites! :)

Michael (heavenlyfarm) - A lovely card & Gaillardia Yellow / Peach. Thank you! I'm sure they're as lovely as you described! Can't wait to sow them!

Laura (lorabell) - A lovely card & Gaillardia Mesa Yellow, Hibiscus Lady Baltimore. Thank you! I love them both! I'm sending some hibiscus seeds to my grandma, I know she'd love this new variety.

Betsy (Ruby-Dog) - A lovely card & Helenium Red & Gold, Balloon Flower Astra Dwarf Blue, Allium Purple sensation. Yes, Yes & Yes! Thank you, I love them all!

Melinda (ilovefarac) - A lovely card & Amsonia Tabernaemontana, Amsonia Hubrichtii. Thank you! I love the Blue Stars, I hope they love me back. :)

Margo (smitties) - A lovely card & Echinacea Sombrero Hot Coral, Chocolate Flower. Wow! Pure awesomeness! Thank you! I love them both!

Katie (redthreaddiy) - A lovely card & Lemon Balm, Marjoram, Sunflower 'Red Sun', Rudbeckia Indian Summer, Carnation Giant Chabaud Double Mix, Allium Purple Sensation, Echinacea White Swan, Balloon Flower Fairy Snow. Amaze-Balls! What a SWEET lot... & everything I'd wished for. Thank you! I love them all!

This post was edited by phylis on Wed, Jan 14, 15 at 3:12

• msirie
    9 years ago

It's so cold here in the Northeast. It makes you look forward to spring to playing in the dirt again.

Some of the things I will be planting comes from my Secret Santas.

Thank you to Tessie83856. My garden will be more beautiful because of you. Thanks especially for my poppy, seeds Hen & Chick.

Thank you to Paula N. for Marigold and Petunia seeds. Looking forward to planting these.

Thank you to Pinkiris for Shasta Daisy and Petunia seeds. I'm in seed heaven

Thanks so much to ALL my Secret Santas.

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Bon, thank you for the Poppy and Mum seeds! Happy New Year!

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    9 years ago

More thank yous ! I am so sorry these are soo late. For some reason the holidays really overwhelmed me this year and I never seem to have time to get it all done !

Thank you Margo / smitties for the prairie glow coreopsis, we love coreopsis and it grows so well here !

Thank you Annie / canyonwind for the Nero Tuscan , Cour di Bue and Corn Salad seeds !

Thank you Wilsha for the collards, dwarf blue curled kale and petunia seeds, all favorites of ours !

Thank you Promise for the butternut squash seeds and the white cherry tom seeds, have never grown these, excited to try something new !

Thank you Pam / grdengramma for the red pepper and zucchini seeds, we love these and I cook them all summer long !

Thank you Bonnie / mstergardner for the sunflower and rudbeckia mixes and the coreopsis ! love them !

Thank you Faye /notougly for the zuke and zinnia mix ! My butterflies love zinnia and my family loves to eat the zucchini ;-)

Thank you Dawn / lexigurl for the generous and wonderful smorgasbord of seeds, better than Santa !! I have already planted the yolo wonder and Keystone pepper seeds ! they are on my fireplace hearth , hoping they sprout soon !

Thank you so much Alana / poisondartfrog for the lovely card and Isabellina Zinnia seeds ! I am so excited, I've been wanting to grow these for years , I can hardly wait for spring !

Thank you Paula/ paulan for the coreopsis, parris island cos lettuce, greens and petunia seeds !

Thank you Jordan / Wonderwiesel for the dwarf dahlia, lemon basil and black krim tomato seeds, love these all !

Thank you Heidi / xiangirl for the cute card and pretty packets of cosmos, coneflower and purple ruffle basil seeds !
    Again, I apologize for being so late with my thank yous, I hope you all know how much I appreciate your sending holiday wishes and all the lovely seeds ! They have really brightened the winter for me , especially these past few months being so rainy and dreary.

And of course, a HUGE thank you to Kym, , this swap has brought us all so much joy.

Hope you all have a happy and healthy New Year and hope your gardens grow abundantly ;-)

Iris

• nottougly
    9 years ago

Helo,
    I got a nice surprise in my mailbox this morning. I received a santa claus card from .
    She include Zinnia red spider and Livingstone Daisy seeds.
    Thank you so much for them. I like Christmas in January.
    Faye!