Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

UPDATE: 9300 posts! Traveling Daylilies...Happy New Year!

mamabirrd
17 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one of more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Big hugs to you all and Happy New Year!

Comments (100)

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

HI

Shirley and Maryb I think about the both of you often, and wish there was something I could do to ease the stress you are now going through.

I love my home, I love my nest of all the places my nest is best!

Don't get me wrong, I love my sister, and she took such good care of me while I was at her house during the ice storm, and getting my car fixed. But there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

I hope everyone is doing ok that got hit by the ice storm. I can't remember one being this bad.

Dawn, that is so great that you have your baby blanket. I am laughing to myself about you saying you save everything. Just wait till your little guy arrives, talk about saving. I've got Shelby's first bike, First Teddy bear, clothes he came home in, baby teeth, first stitches from him jumping on the bed and the list goes on. But ya can't call those things junk.

I can't believe when I was cleaning out closets the stuff I saved. Can you believe I still have stuff packed in boxes from when we moved to this house 5 years ago.

Time to go lay back down for a while, I have one more 12 hour shift then I'm off till Monday night at 11, work 10 hours then off till next Friday night.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• luvmybulbs
    17 years ago

Evening all. BBBRRRR! It is cold as heck. Have I ever told you guys I hate Winter!

I hope everyone got through the ice storm. Can you believe it missed us for once. We were to work last weekend and they canceled it because of the weather. It hit hard 20 miles west. There were about 100,000 without power.

The best news came last Friday, I know it is a big story, of the 2 boys that were abducted close to here. One was taken 4 years ago and the other was missing for 4 days. The same man took them and they found him. Everywhere you went everyone was just besides themselves just thrilled for those boys and families. It is just a miracle. One family was on Oprah today and I missed it, my friend is tapping it.

Dawn your blanket is killing me. My friend who is in her 40's still sleeps with her care bear pillow. It just looks nasty!

Well off to bed, take care all and stay warm and healthy

Angie

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Morning everyone,
    I'll second that BBBRRRR!! So darn cold here! I was really loving the mild winter we were having so far and hoping it wouldn't end, but we got our reality check along with the rest of the North in the form of ice, snow and cold. We were lucky enough to not lose power although many near us did.

Shirley, please post or email and let us all know how you are doing. I know these are difficult days for you. We love you.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and kind thoughts during these past few weeks. I know most of you probably know that my Father In Law passed away last week. We are so sad and miss him like crazy, but relieved that he is no longer sick. He was just the most wonderful man and more of a Father to me for the last 15 years than my own ever was.

Dawn, how is the beam search going? My opinion on the whole thing- if you still haven't found any, bite the bullet and go back for the ones that you really loved. I know it would be hard to swallow and more money than you want to spend, but if they were really truly perfect for what you wanted then an extra $1,000 is really worth the many years of enjoyment you will get having them in your home. This is probably the home you will live the rest of your life in - go for the best with these and skimp a little somewhere else.

Dawn, I joined the co-op group on yahoo that you invited us all to. Wow! What a fast moving group. Started off with quite a large lily/daylily order. Working on my hosta order now and trying to narrow it WAY down. Now here she comes with phlox, echinacea, toad lilies, dahlias, callas, caladiums, etc., etc.. Oh, I could be so in trouble with that group. Thanks (I think) for inviting me.

Canna, sorry to hear about Doug's ankle injury. Sounds like what I did to mine. They do take a long time to heal. It's been about 4 months now for me and it still isn't right. Not sure if it will ever be completely. Hang in there, you guys will find a way to make it through.

I need to go through my daylily seeds and get some planted soon. I know I told Barb and I believe Debbie (?) that I would send extras to them. I should have enough for one or two more people also. My first year hybridizing and not nearly as scientific as Sharon and Cindy yet, but I think I made some good crosses so if anybody would like to try some, next two people to post and ask will also get some.

Better go get ready for work. Stay warm everyone.
    MaryB

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Friday!!

I third the BBBRRRRR! It's snowing here right now but only about an inch is expected. Looks like it's going to stay cold at least into Feb. Winter has finally arrived.

MaryB, once again, i'm so sorry to hear of your dear FIL's passing. I hope the wonderful memories you have of him help to ease the pain. BIG HUGS I'm here if you need anything!
    I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself at Pam's co-op. She's really great and I know you'll be pleased. I bought like a gazillion Hosta from her last year. : )

Angie, my blankie is quite amusing, I know, lol. I wonder if your friends Care Bear pillow looks anything like my sister Jenna's (auntiebirrd) blanket?? Wish I had a picture of that one! It doesn't even resemble a blanket anymore. When she was getting ready to go to the hospital to deliver Brooklyn I asked if she was going to take it along and I said that the nurse's might end up throwing it in the Hazardous Waste bin! hee hee
    My Mom & I made her a brand new replica of her blanket (Puckie) a few years ago, but she still loves the old one best. : )

Anyone else here with a blankie or ???

Annie, i'm sure i'll save everything of Talon's. I guess part of my problem is that everything is sentimental. I think my Dad still has my tricycle, but i'm thinking that my Mom told me it was missing the handlebars???? lol

I was so worked up over the compulsive hoarding yesterday that I forgot to update you all on the beams.....

Long story short....we will NOT be using exposed hand hewn beams along our ridgeline. It has just become too much of a problem finding what we want and DH had 2nd thoughts about the ones from the crazy lady up north. Although they were huge, he began to question their strength. We are just going to stick with our original plan to use a doubled up LVL as the ridge and be done with it. It's basically like "wooden steel" and will be very, very strong.
    We will still be using 2 exposed beams that will be less structural and we don't need them quite yet, so I have more time to find what I really want.
    All those days and days of time, work, & effort for nothing.

The final straw in our decision making came early in the week when the guy with beams only 20 min. away changed his price on us at the last minute too! He originally told us $10 foot and at the last minute said "that he didn't think he was charging us enough" and made it $12. Can you believe it???!!!! We told him to go pound salt.
    I'm sorry but when you tell someone a price it's not right to change it around at the last minute. If we did that to our brick & block clients they would drop us in a second!

Soooooo, DH is gonna' get our next lumber order (for the roof!) figured tonight and he plans to do some clean up of materials, topdressing of the driveway (getting muddy in a spot or two), and hopefully finishing up the chimney if the weather allows this weekend. Then I think we're ready to stand those walls up!!

DH and faithful employee Mike brought me a HUGE present this week.....they loaded our dumptrailer FULL of beautiful fieldstone from the jobsite they are currently working at. There is a house under construction by a different builder next door that has even more stone that DH says are even more lovely and he stopped by and asked if he could load some yesterday but the man in charge wasn't there. Fingers are tightly crossed on this one. DH says there are enough stone to load the trailer like 10 times! We'd have plenty to do our fireplace and any other stone project I could ever dream up!

Can you tell I love my rocks. ; )

Well, I just realized it's almost 9am and I have a hair appointment at 11am so I better get going.

Keep cozy.......

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Hello my precious daylily friends-I have not had time to read the posts in days, hope I can catch up soon.

We are on day 9 for Dad..He is still at the local nursing home..Last night was really bad..The pneumonia is so bad..We got so scared last night we called a family friend, who is a Pastor, and had him come and pray with us..It was so late it was precious of him to come. Thank you Dear God it did help..He started resting much better..And the breathing got a little easier.. We found out yesterday that if Mom signed for it we could get Dad some morphine...Good grief it takes an act of congress to get them pain killers...They said someone at the nursing home would have to go to the Doctors office get the hard copy of the prescription then take it to the drugstore and then get it back to the nursing home for Dad...Hopefully he will have it sometime today...They did say the worst was yet to come and the morphine should help alot..I had no idea that the human body could go this long without food and water..I can't sleep very well so my daughter called my Doctor and had them call in some meds for me...Hopefully it will help...I feel like a walking zombie..

I received everyones e-mail and have answered some back, hope to answer others later. The trials we all go through here on earth is amazing...How in the world do people get through it who do not know the Lord and have no friends..Please pray for my two brothers they are not Christians and I worry about them. This is not helping them in their decision to receive Christ. They think it is very cruel for Dad to die this way...It is but I have to have faith that it is for a reason unknown to us.

Love you all....

Shirley

• mareas
    17 years ago

dearest Shirley, you don't have to answer my email, I said enuf for both of us. Wishing you a world of love, better communication w/those frightened medicos & all peace for your Mom & family there. And lots of good sleep for you...

Sure hope the rest of you are warm & enjoying electricity.

MaryB, I'd love to hear about your daylily crosses! And would be delighted if i could have a couple of your seeds!

Dawn my dear - best wishes on them beams!
    I had my baby blankie until I was 27 and newly married - new DH got jealous so I buried it in my garden. LOL!
    And rocks - omigawd - we had to take a dump truck full of our pet rocks with us on our move! My hubby is a hoarder & its taking me many hours to go through his gazillion things and put like stuff together in boxes - so i understand your dilemna/curse. I have 3 collections (plants, blue & white china, old tins) and am trying to be very careful my own self.

Isn't a blooming canna in January JUST the thing, Sharon? I like them best as housepets i think. Not as big, but those flowers go a long way on a frozen grey day. My brugs & plumeria are holding on, too, happy to report.

Nancy, i thought first about Paul and his plants when i heard about the CA freeze, too! Federal emergency there over lost citrus! Here's hoping Paul didn't lose anything irreplaceable...

I got some new books on eBay - educational reading for this frozen spell: Eureka Daylily Guide 2002, Ponds, Tiles & Spongeing. Fun stuff to know, I decieded.

Ok, back to sorting marbles & tonka toys ~m'

• llbean
    17 years ago

Hi. all.. just peeking in and reading and catching up. Storm had us without power for a few..
    I am saying prayers for ali who need it God bless.

Laura

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Valentine's Day Swap for the Birds

Ok Bird Lover's, here are your partners. I know I did it a day a head of time, but I'm going to be busy this weekend and this seemed like a good time. :o)

Sharon sends to Dawn
    Carol sends to Annie
    Annie sends to Betty
    Betty sends to Jean
    Anita sends to Sharon
    Jean sends to Debbie
    Debbie sends to Carol
    Dawn sends to Anita

Daughter picked the names out of a hat. :o)
    I will send this by email to all of you also.

Have fun!
    Sharon

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Shirley, I am so sorry to hear that your dear Father has passed. My deepest sympathies to you & your family.

Hugs & love,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday to our #1 MamaBear!!!

Hope you have a great day Gloria. : )

BIRTHDAY HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

Today has been a sad day for our family and especially my sister Jenna (auntiebirrd). Jenna's best friend passed away suddenly early this morning. Her name was Snazzy and she brought so much joy to my sister for the last 15 years. They were a great team and together won many awards, including Pennsylvania state championships. She was a beautiful horse.

I'd like to ask all of you to say a little prayer for Snazzy, that she may rest peacefully in green pastures with the sun shining down.

And a prayer for Jenna, that she be comforted by all the wonderful memories, fun times, and special moments they shared.

Snazzy was a very dear part of our family and will be forever missed.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Yesterday my 8 yr old jack had to be put to sleep, she gave birth to a major part of her small intestine. she will be missed, she was my first jack.on a happier noteHAPPY BIRTHDAY GLORIA!!!

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Carol and Dawn, I'm so sorry about the loss of your pets.

Mamma Bear, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Annie

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Dianne.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

Hugs,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Happy Belated Birthdays Dianne and Lisa!

Sorry I missed them. Hope you both had a nice weekend!

Daughter and I took a ride yesterday to visit a college she is interested in. Yikes 3 hours of driving in an off and on snowy ice storm. Then went and visited a niece at a nearby university. Then another 3 hours of rain/ice drive IN THE DARK! I was one of those SLOW drivers in the right lane. LOL

Dawn and Carol, I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. ~hugs~

Shirley, I know I've said it several times, but my thoughts and prayers have been with you during this sad time.

sharon

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Dear Gloria

Carol - So sorry to read about your jack russell. January has not started off to be a good month with us it seems.

Dawn-Thinking of your sister today and hope her sadness eases over the death of her beloved horse.

Hope to catch up on all the posts soon.

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

We got more news to worry us today.

My niece was three months pregnant, and three weeks ago the doctors did an ultra sound, and found the baby had no heart beat. They let her carry for another week, and when she didn't miscarry they took the baby. Well,last week at her check-up, when they did some blood work they found that she was low on platelets, and gave her 2 units of blood. When they checked her, her platelet count was still low, and they sent her to the oncologist. Today, they ordered more blood tests and a bone marrow test.

Please add Kelly to your prayer list.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Annie, I'm sure the Doctors know what they are doing, but bring up the disease, HELLP (haemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelets) syndrome.

Years ago a friend of mine went through this.

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

shirley and mary and dawn we love you!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL US BIRTHDAY GILRS...!!!
    YOU ALL WILL FLIP..
    DECEMBER WAS A BAD FAMILY MONTH FOR ME BUT JAN HAS PROVED BETTER. YOUR GONNA FLIP......
    MY KIDS AND MY HUBBY AND INLAW CHILDREN TOOK ME TO THE MOVIES AND TO LUNCH...
    MY DAUGHTER HAD TOLD ME TO MAKE SURE I SHAVE MY LEGS... SO I THOUGHT I WAS GOIN G FOR A MASSAGE....
    SO...
    AFTER LUNCH i WAS GIVEN A BIRTHDAY SURPRIZE.... MY SON AND MY DAUGHER PAID OFR ME AND MY OTHER SON TO TAKE ME TO GO SEE.... ARE YOU READY???

ROD STEWART IN PERSON IN ATLANTA.. HE FLEW IN FOR A ONE DAY CONCERT JUST FOR ME... GRIN

I HAD AWEOME SEATS AND I FOUND MYSELF CARRIED BACK IN TIME TO WHEN I WAS AROUND 18... I SANG MY GUTS OUT!!!
    MY SON SAID ALL THESE FOLKS HAVE GREY HAIR... LOL.... AND THEY SORTA DID... EXCEPT FOR ME... I AM A HAIR DYE FAN ALL THE WAY....
    I HAD THE BEST TIME EVER,,,, SO WEIRD!!! SO FUN!

YOU ALL HAVE BEEN SO BUSY CHATTING IM NOT EVEN GONEA TRY TO CATCH UP!!!

MY CORRECT EMAIL IS ON THE CURRENT EMAILS GOING OUT,,, NONE OTHERS WILL WORK BREAKINS ALOT....

ALL VALENITNE ANGLES EMAIL IF YOU WILL... THANKS..
    LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL....
    MAMABEAR!!!!! PURR...
    HUGS
    SLOPPY KISSES!!!!
    MORE HUGS!

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Catching up on a few posts...

Dawn-How did your grandmother get? Hope she is doing ok now. Wish you lived closer I could have gotten you those timbers really cheap from the sawmills that we buy lumber from. Glad you got it worked out though.

Canna-Thank you so much for the sympathy card. It really means alot when you know your friends care. How is Doug's ankle? Hope his heals with no problems. Mine still bothers me, and there are days I have to wear my ankle brace all day.

MaryB-Hated to hear about your father-in-law. Time will heal our broken hearts but we will always remember and love them.

Annie-So sorry to hear about your niece Kelly losing her baby. Does she have other children or was this going to be her first? I have prayed for her just now and I hope her health gets better. I got my beautiful Sister cross stitch from you. Oh I love it..Joann (MY DS) will love it I'm sure. I can send you the postage money if you like. LMK

Gloria-You Birthday Girl...Congratulations on seeing Rod Stewart in concert. What a nice Birthday present. I love dyed hair also..I need all the help I can get.

Shirley

• mareas
    17 years ago

Yes O YES - happy birthday to all you birthday'ers!!

Here are 2 views of 'Snazzy Memories' (reg. pending):

[click on thumbnails to see larger photos] ~m'

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Marea, very pretty! I love it.

Shirley, glad you are back with us. ((hugs))

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

oh man i HATE TO DO THIS, i HAVE BAD NEWS FOR CAROL.... UNLESS SOMEONE CONFESSES TO BREAKING INTO HER EMAIL AND PUTTING UP THAT PHOTO OF THE FROGGY, OFF SHE WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE DREADED CORNER!!! iLL BET IT WAS CANNA... SHE IS THE ONE WHO LIKES THOSE CRITTERS... TIME TO FESS UP GIRLS!!!

VALENTINE ANGLES DO FORGET "ANNIES KIDS!!!"

DOES EVERYONE HAVE THE INFORMATION THEY NEED???

MY HUBBY IS OUT TRYING TO GET A DECENT MOVIE FOR US TO WATCH,,, ITS A SNUGGLE UP BE LAZY DAY... HUGS TO ALL...IM SMELLING POPCORN!!!!

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Happy Birthday, or Happy Belated birthday to anyone that I've missed.

Shirley, I'm glad you liked the cross stitch and nOOOOOOOO you don't owe me anything.

Marea, Snazzy Memories is just beautiful, and how generous of you to do this.

Gloria, I sent you an e-mail.

Valentine Angels, Thanks for doing this for me, and my "KIDS" will love what-ever you send. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Please forgive me if I have left anyone out.
    Time to get in a nap before going to work.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

MaryB, I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I enjoyed your memorial in pictures. Your family is beautiful and they look so happy. I'm happy that you have great memories of him that will help you to remember him. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Shirley, I was also saddened to see that your father passed away too. I know you loved him and will also have peices of him in your heart to remember. You're all in my prayers. I have to believe that those who suffer much in this lifetime will be even that much happier when they get to heaven.

Annie, gosh, it just seems like it's all happening at once for your family. I'm so sorry that your neice lost her baby. I'm praying that the bad things are all done now and you will all have a bright, happier, healthier future.

Hugs to all of you!

Dawn, please tell Jenna that I am sorry she lost her dear friend.

Marea, thank you for putting up "Snazzy Memories" for the memorial. It's gorgeous! You have the kindest heart and ways of showing your caring.

Gloria, it seems as though we are trying to gently introduce you to the world of froggies! They are so cute, I can't believe you don't like them. It sounds like you had a great time at the concert, you go girl.

My kids are going to see Bob Seger this weekend in Memphis. It's their anniversary trip and they're looking forward to it. I would love to have gone with them but NOT stay in the same room. lol

Canna, I hope Doug is getting around better. Take good care of him.

Carol, it's a shame about your poor little buddy. I hope things get easier for you.

Hi to everyone else, hugs to you all!

Nancy

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Ok Canna fess up for posting that frog, please someone I need annies questionaire. hugs to all sorry momma I think it musta been canna. hugs

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

MaryB, I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I enjoyed your memorial in pictures. Your family is beautiful and they look so happy. I'm happy that you have great memories of him that will help you to remember him. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Shirley, I was also saddened to see that your father passed away too. I know you loved him and will also have peices of him in your heart to remember. You're all in my prayers. I have to believe that those who suffer much in this lifetime will be even that much happier when they get to heaven.

Annie, gosh, it just seems like it's all happening at once for your family. I'm so sorry that your neice lost her baby. I'm praying that the bad things are all done now and you will all have a bright, happier, healthier future.

Hugs to all of you!

Dawn, please tell Jenna that I am sorry she lost her dear friend.

Marea, thank you for putting up "Snazzy Memories" for the memorial. It's gorgeous! You have the kindest heart and ways of showing your caring.

Gloria, it seems as though we are trying to gently introduce you to the world of froggies! They are so cute, I can't believe you don't like them. It sounds like you had a great time at the concert, you go girl.

My kids are going to see Bob Seger this weekend in Memphis. It's their anniversary trip and they're looking forward to it. I would love to have gone with them but NOT stay in the same room. lol

Canna, I hope Doug is getting around better. Take good care of him.

Carol, it's a shame about your poor little buddy. I hope things get easier for you.

Hi to everyone else, hugs to you all!

Nancy

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

Oh, I messed up so in case anyone wants to go see Bob Seger in Memphis, it's next weekend. They're going Saturday night.

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Hi!

'Feminine Intuition' is so very pretty! Some just have the best taste :)

Today a smal box came and inside was...(dogs all agog)...a small plush rooster from Italian Greyhound Rescue! Feb. is a special month for us on the IG List, for we have been foolishly buying these gawdawful toys! There's a cow, lobster, goldfish, duck, etc. They have a recording inside, so when bitten, they make their animal's noise, 3 times in a row. Hysterical! We had non-stop crowing for almost 40 min. after the dog trio got hold of it.

I've been both busy and blue. Busy with the most wonderful Theme Garden Swap over on the Seed Exchange, and with the kids here after Christmas, and recuperating after. Then the drapes I'm doing. And I'm trying to finish up a bunch of stuff because I'm having surgery to fix my badly arthritic thumbs. 1st one Feb. 19, second 3 mos. later. With my paralysis, 1 hand out of comission means I'll hardly be able to move around. Too bad my power wc is still pending.

Blue too because DH's income just stopped end Nov., and the project they've been saying is about to begin, hasn't yet. So I'm sitting out things here and elsewhere. And we still have that expensive water well redo - I'm dipping into retirement money. Dang.

Dawn's plant buying co-op keeps me busy just keeping up! I could just buy half the stuff there - fine fine crack!

But I haven't.

Annie - I sure hope things turn up for you! Poor Kelly, she must be heartbroken and scared both. I'm glad she has you.

Such a sweet sampler! It'll be beautiful on Dawn's (Talon's!) wall.

Dawn - don't fuss over what you can't do on your house! Our house design calls for a floor to ceiling fieldstone Russian stove/fireplace/woodburner in the center of that Big Room. We've had a little handmade hearthbroom hanging beside the spot that we bought over 30 years ago. Dreams. I doubt we'll be able to do that project. But you know, with that site, and half the house you've begun, and you've got Jason and Talon and all your family, and your health and the sunrise every morning - you already won the lottery! Don't cry over beams. You'll love your ceilings anyway; besides you'll never look up - you'll be bent over scurrying after a goofy little boy for the next 5 years anyway!

Those daffs that shot up New Year's week are pretty stiff now.

....quiet now...see if i can slip this in unnoticed ... carol ... nice frog! shhhh...

Shirley, love you. It'll get better one day.
    MaryB, love you too. What a gift he was to you all.

Thank you for remembering the seeds for me. You're great.

Intermittant crowing is coming from under my bed. I wonder what it could be > This could drive one mad eventually...

Fun story from DD#4 :) (link below hee hee)

Barb

Here is a link that might be useful: Story of Poof

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Posting for Anita..

Just wanted to let you all know that Anita, her husband & family suffered a great tragedy yesterday and she probably won't be posting for a few days. She asked me to come here to let you all know.
    A friend was hunting rabbit on Anita's property yesterday and suffered a fatal heart attack. His name was Mr. Donahue. Anita's husband tried to revive him but sadly he did not make it.
    I can only imagine their pain and my sympathy goes out to both Anita's family and the Donahue family.

As many of you already know, my family lost my Grandmother on Friday evening. Thank you all for your kind words.

As Anita said, this year is not starting out so good for many in the Traveling Daylily family. Let's hope that happier days will come soon.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hi to all the traveling daylilies! 2007 has not been a good year so far for many of our group!

MaryB, So sorry about your father-in-law.It sounds like he was a special person.z
    Shirley, my sympathy on the loss of your father.
    Dawn, how sad to lose your grandma and that special horse for your sister.
    Annie, I'm so sorry for your sister's loss of her baby.
    Carol, your poor dog!
    Anita, what a tragedy at your place! Your poor DH. What a shock for both families!
    Canna, Hope your DH is healing well!

Hugs and prayers to all of you with suffering and sadness!
    Marea. That daylily is so pretty!That was so nice of you to offer that special daylily! How's the move coming?

What lousy weather we seem to be having in this part of the country. At least the plants all have a nice blanket of snow during these cold days and nights!

Stay healthy everyone! Mary

• budsnblooms
    17 years ago

Trying to catch up on my reading and thought I'd say hello to all the TD Angels. It sounds like there have been so many losses. I am very sorry. Sorry never seems to be enough but I think that is about all that can be said.

I love seeing Dawn's house going up. You and Jason are so talented. I'm seeing a gorgeous home on a wooded area, with playing kids, lots of animals, and a happy Jason and Dawn.
    I just know that's how it's going to be.

Rebecca, I was so glad to see you are back posting. I hope Doug has healed. Time for more pictures of my favorite red head:0)Would love to see recent pictures of your son too. I know he must be about grown now.

It is so good to see Nancy and Sherri back but where have our gentlemen gone...Cody? Paul?

I hear our favorite dirty pig is getting a surprise from Annie. Please post pictures when you receive it.

I will post more later.
    Debbie

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm back home til I have to go to work this evening. Kelly is doing better,the onocologist seems to think the platelet loss was complications from them having to take the baby. (I sure wish she was going to Shelby's doctor, we just love him!) They are going to keep an eye on her the next few weeks.

Sister Brenda had an appointment in Springfield yesterday, and the lymph nodes seem to be getting smaller. Again, that is good news, and I'm glad my other sisters are all doing ok.

Anita, So sad about the tragedy at your house.

Canna, I do hope your DH is feeling better.

Dawn, Shirley, and MaryB I think of you guys often, and I know it was mentioned before, but in time it does get better.

Maryanne, thank you for the card. You will never know how much it ment to me.

It is so cold today,and we are suppose to get some snow tonight but it is not suppose to be much. Time for me to get in a nap before work after I answer some e-mails.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mareas
    17 years ago

Aww, thanks yall.. glad to help.
    It's almost Feb already - been lucky with getting sunshine, although the air is so bad from the inversion that i can't breath well enough to walk around out there much past few days. Almost have the van filled again anyway - feeling triumphant.
    Here is a view of some of my living room cannas today:
    {{gwi:1315168}}
    Peace & love ~m'

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY
    EVERYONE!

Now off to work,
    sharon

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Dawn-So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Her, Dad, and Mary B's FIL are all looking down on us and thinking what a wonderful place Heaven is. I have to giggle and wonder how Dad is doing without Mom to tell him everything to do. He could not even go to the Dr. what Mom was not answering for him. The Doctor asked her point blank one time if Mr. McConnell could not talk. I wanted to say only if Mom says he can. Bless his heart he was so sweet and kind he just let her tell him everything. She evidently knew his aches and pains better than he did.

Anita-So sorry to hear about Mr. Donahue, what an awful tragedy. Prayers for you, David and Mr. Donahue's family.

Annie-Thinking of Kelly today. Great news on Brenda.

Mary_s-We are now starting to have bad weather. It even snowed here yesterday..almost gone today though.

Marea-Oh those cannas give me Spring fever. My living room is full of plants and I love it. Helps me get through the Winter taking care of them.

Canna-Hope Doug is staying off that ankle.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Hey Dawn, heads up ... I mailed out my VD package for the birds today. Figured you could use some smiles right about now.
    Keep warm everyone who is in the path of the freezing weather.
    sharon

• veeja11
    17 years ago

My grandaughter miscarried wednesday, I was looking forward to the little one, she is sad, but only 17 so there will be another some day. my two little pups went to new homes yesterday. paying for me to take a vacation this year, I miss them tho. chub chubs last pic before she went to her new home{{gwi:1315171}}hugs carol

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Morning!
    A new month has started and I do hope it will be a better one for all.

Wow,Mother nature can sure throw us a curve ball, I feel sorry for all involved.

Carol, Sorry to hear about Carissa, and baby. Do you live close where your babies new homes are?

Shirley, Dawn, Mary, I hope your hearts are feeling a little better.

Kelly is doing, and feeling much better. This was her first baby and they started buying all kinds of baby furniture.I know they will try again in the near future.

I started buying for Betty, but I've got to pick up something else, then it will be on its way,and I will post the confirmation number. It is so cold out the poor birdies so need to eat lot.

If I missed anyone, please forgive me.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you for your words of kindness and sympathy over the past week. My Grandmother's funeral service was very short but beautiful and she is now resting in peace. Thank you again.

My Dad was a little miffed over the obituary....there was an error but I thought it was amusing.

The line that mentioned the Grandchildren read as follows:
    John, Kevin, Don, Marie, Amanda, & Jenna.

Well, there is no Don and no Marie either, lol. It was supposed to read "Dawn Marie". Yes, that's me. ; )

Carol, i'm so sad to hear the news about your Granddaughter. I can only imagine how she must feel. I'm so very sorry. Please let her know i'm thinking of her.

And Annie, Kelly is still in my thoughts as well. I'm glad she's feeling better. I know they will have a chance to put that furniture to good use in time.

Hugs to you both.

It's been really hard to hear of all the losses, injuries, illness', etc. lately. I'm praying for the entire TD family to heal.

Shirley, thank you. : ) That's a great story, and my Gram was just the same as your Mom. She did ALL the talking. My Grandfather was so quiet. HUGS to you.

Anita, hope you & DH are doing okay. I'm here if you need anything.

Canna, how is Doug doing? And you? And the kids? And the cats?

Marea, your Canna's look lovely and i'm so glad you are feeling triumphant. I can't wait to see your rocks in their new home. : )
    Hope your breathing has got better. Take a little rest.

Sharon, thank you. I'll keep a bird's eye open for it. ; ) Yes, smiles would be welcome. HUGS

Speaking of packages, i'm working on my Valentine's Day For the Birds goodie filled box and it will be heading out soon. Same thing with my package for my new friend at Annie's place. I had hoped to have them both completed by now but I just haven't been able to. I am going to try to have them in the mail by Tues. since the baby will be here on Wed. I'm putting lots of Valentine's love into both of them. : )

Belated Happy Groundhog's Day to everyone. I'm soooo glad Phil said Spring is on the way. We need it right about now. The next 4 days are going to be frigid. It's our coldest weather in like 10 years! Down to like 4 tonight with a high around 10 tomorrow. I'm worried about my fish up at the pond and am headed up right now with a flashlight to check on things. My de-icer may not be able to keep up with those temps., but hopefully the falls won't freeze up and i'll get adequate oxegenation & gas exchange. If I was a millionaire i'd have a heated pond. : )

It's too cold to work over at the new house and DH probably won't be going to regular work either for a few days. Once it get's below 18 or so it becomes a real struggle to lay brick and they won't make any money. So now he's just sitting around worrying. He's afraid the cold weather could heave our footers at the new place and that would be bad. He took over two truckloads of straw and did any and all insulating he could do. He will be sick to his stomach all week until it warms back up into the 30's. I'm praying everything will be okay.

Although my new place is only like 7 miles away, the higher elevation makes it like a different world over there. I drove up to check on things and it's like a winter wonderland. You couldn't get up the driveway without 4 wheel drive.

Talon is having a good ol' time. He jumps around most of the day and has been getting the occasional case of hiccups. I've been feeling okay, but very tired. I slept most of the day today. I was a little bit sick last week and had some vision disturbances one evening. We are taking my blood pressure daily and it is perfectly fine. I think I just overdid it and will start taking it a little easier.
    I am so huge! I promise a pic soon. I see the doc on Monday afternoon for my regular check up, then every two weeks following.

Well, I better go make sure the fish are okay. Thank you again for all your thoughtfulness. I am very behind in emails and will try to catch up over the next few days.
    I've got lots of posts to catch up on too. Barb & Gloria just to name a few. I didn't forget about you. : )

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    ((((Warm Hug's to all))))

WOW, what a month January has been, DH is doing better, as we found out, no matter how hard we tried Mr. Donahue could not have been saved, I would not wish anything like this on anyone, it was horrible.

Sorry I have not posted in so long, DH has not worked but 2 days all year, down side of construction work, well thought I was going to have time right now, but Baby D just come paddling in, so I better run for now, will be back soon, :)Anita

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN. Hope you have a great day.

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    Sorry I've been away so long - time for me to re-join the world. Again, I can't thank you all enough for the kindness and support that has come from this group. There was such an outpouring of love - you all are truly special!

Shirley and Dawn, that is just too funny when you say that your Mom/Gram did all the talking for the men - it was just the same with my FIL and MIL - she definitely did all the planning for what they would do and also talked for him much of the time. He would just get that twinkle in his eye and smile. It must be such a common thing with couples that are together for so many years.

We (the family) finally all got together yesterday and celebrated Christmas. Art was so sick and in the hospital much of December and into January that we just never did it. Yesterday was the first time we were all together since the funeral. We all had some good laughs and some good crys, but definitely felt his presence there with us.

Carol, I am so sorry to hear of your granddaughter's miscarriage. I know that you were excited for the baby even though she was so young. We always have to try to believe that everything is for a reason to help us accept and get through it. Oh, it must have been so hard to let those last two sweet little pups go! Glad your planning for a vacation and something to look forward to.

Dawn, crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that your footers stay put until the temps warm. Once it warms up are you guys ready to get the walls in place now? I'm looking forward to seeing pics when that happens and it really looks like a house. It will be so fun for you too when you are able to start doing some of the things inside. New belly pictures too please - I imagine you're quite a bit bigger since the last picture. It is such a cool feeling when the baby starts really moving around alot when they get bigger. I can remember actually seeing a knee or a foot pushing out from my belly sometimes. Oh yes, and the hiccups. These next couple of months are going to go so fast for you now. Now really is the time for you to try to get get lots of rest and also get anything done to prepare. Your life is about to change forever - very exciting but very physically and emotionally draining much of the time too. We just celebrated my firstborn's 14th birthday last week and I look back and wonder where the time has gone. Feeling a little anxiety already about how fast the next few years will go by and I have to let him go out into the world.

Annie, I am also so sorry to hear about Kelly's miscarriage. I'm glad she is feeling better now though. Your family has certainly been through enough. You are such an amazing woman to always keep your chin up and stay so strong.

Sharon, Nancy, Carol, Annie and Dawn - Just want to say thank you for being the "bones" of our group lately. We all have times that we all but disappear for awhile and there always seems to be a core group that steps up and keeps it going, keeps us all connected. Thank you for being that these past few weeks.

And speaking of disappearances - Miss Cindy, I sure do miss you and could certainly use some pictures of some of your awesome daylilies right about now. Oh, and please drag that friend of yours Sherri on over here too. Miss you guys.

Marea, love the canna in the living room pictures. It's so nice that your sun is strong enough to grow them indoors in the winter. What a nice thing to look at in February. Glad to hear you're still making progress towards your move. I'll bet you will be so happy when it's done. "Snazzy Memories' is just beautiful and will be so meaningful to Dawn and Jenna. Once again, I am so touched by your big heart. I hope that some day we are all lucky enough to have 'Snazzy Memories' in our gardens.

I have a few hostas that were potted on the porch that I ended up bring in a few weeks ago. They have all sprouted and opened their leaves. Makes me want Spring even more. An early arrival would be just fine with me.It is so cold here too right now.

Hope you're all remembering to keep those bird feeders full. I've been filling mine twice a day. The birds will just sit in the trees within 3' of me now waiting while I fill them. I barely turn my back to head for the house before they flock to the feeders and ground to eat. The poor babies are so cold and hungry right now.

Barb, hope your "blueness" ends soon and things start looking up for you and hubby. Missing your posts. I'm going to try to get those DL seeds out to you soon.

Debbie, MaryS, Gloria and Angie, it was so nice to see you all post. Please come around more often - miss you guys.

Jo, I don't think I have ever seen you so quiet - miss you too but know how busy your life is these past few months. Please let us hear from you.

Anita, so sorry about the tragedy at your house. Hope your hubby realizes that he did all he could for his friend and feels at peace with it. We sure would like to hear from you again soon too.

Dawn, how are the fish?

Well, enough rambling. Sorry if I missed anyone. Got to work later on today so I have some chores to do at home ofcourse. Hope you all have a great day.

Any big Colts or Bears fans here?
    Hugs,
    MaryB

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Oh my..... posting while Anita was.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN! Hope your day is great!

Thanks for the nudge Anita. That's it, I'm getting out my birthday list and filling in my calendar right now!
    MaryB

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN!

MaryB, wow, thanks for a big long post. I'm glad you are able to get back to the normal things in life. That helps to deal with the death.
    And my bird feeders are filled too. I do feel quilty about not having any water for them though.

Carol, sorry to hear about the miscarrage. I know you are missing those baby puppies too.

Anita, I can't imagine what you and your husband have gone through. I't hard enough just to lose a friend than have it happen when you are there and you don't know if you could have done anything different. I'm glad your hubby is doing better now that he knows it was to be no matter what he did.

My hubby is working all weekend ... no overtime though, he is salary.

sharon

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Afternoon,

First of all Happy Birthday Dawn!

I'm glad to see that Shirley, Mary, and Dawn are posting again, and that their hearts are not so heavy.

Mary, I was never this strong,until Shelby got sick. I think that is what made me the strong person I am today.The guy up above doesn't give us anything more than we can handle. But believe me I sure questioned him a few times, and more than once I was not very happy with him.

Barb, sorry to hear you are feeling blue.

I have to agree with MaryB, Cindy would love to see more of your pictures, or everyone's pictures! It sure helps with the cabin fever.

I'm not a big Football fan, but shhhhhhhh don't tell Son that. He is a big Packer Fan, but what does one expect when living in the Green Bay area.

I want to share a cross stitch I gave to Susan, and would be happy to stitch this for anyone that would care to have one. It does take 3-4 weeks to get it all done, because for the most part I do it on my breaks at work. So if any of you want it, I will do it on a first come first serve basis.

For anyone that is having computer problems, or can't get in GW Please let them know to E-mail me.

{{gwi:1315173}}

I know there is screw-ups in it, but when I had this saying done up for me in a graph this is the way it came out.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

I can get 2 of them doen in 3-4 weeks.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• budsnblooms
    17 years ago

The Valentine's Angel box to Rosemary and the Bird box to Carol was mailed today, so watch for them to fly over.

Thanks MaryB. I will post more often than I have recently. I have just gotten so used to e-mailing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR FEBRUARY KIDS:
    Dawn 2/4
    Karen 2/13
    Susan 2/25

Someone's at the door. More later.
    Debbie/buds

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Afternoon :O):O)

Thanks Debbie for sending to one of my "KIDS" I so appreciate it!

When I leave tonight I will not be back home until Wed. morning sometime, and I will then post the confirmation number for Betty's package. I'm spending time with Sis Brenda again tomorrow, and my last chance to find a little something else to add to her package.

Wow, Both Karen and Betty share the same birthdays

I hope everyone stays warm!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

VALENTINE ANGELS THANK YOU ALL!!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Annie-Your cross-stitch is beautiful..

Cindy-Yes we are missing you and Sherri..Hope everything is ok with you both.

Anita-Still thinking of you. January has started out being a bad month for sadness. Hope February and all the other months are better.

Dawn-Happy Belated Birthday...My Mom's Birthday is today.

MaryB, Debbie-Great to see the both of you posting again.

What a busy day I had today. I was the speaker for our Garden Club and got quite nervous about it, but once I started talking about flowers I started to relax. If you love something you are talking about I guess you relax somewhat.

Shirley