Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap Bingo, and Thanks Yous !!

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

{{gwi:1315452}}

Good morning, here is a new thread for us to finish the Bingo game, and to post pictures of our cards received. Please post here if you receive any more cards !!

Thanks to each of you for making this swap sooooo wonderful !!

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Comments (143)

• graanieb
    15 years ago

David, so sorry to hear that. I just did the search--- Treatments that work for Anxiety Disorders, looks very informative and helpful, for everyone at times too, natural ways to calm the nerves. One plant recommended is Passion flower, they mean Passiflora? Anyone knows more about it?
    I know my mom believed in Chammomile tea for gentle, calming relief.

take care
    GB-Bea

• aphroditelaughs
    15 years ago

Chamomile is good, but not strong enough to help real panic attacks. Motherwort (Leonurus cardiaca) is a great nerve tonic. I also recommend Skullcap (Scutellaria laterifolia), though it has a sleepy-making effect.

Best of luck!

Ellie

• medontdo
    15 years ago

chamomile, and stress reliver tea's, also they have sleepy time tea, and some of the tea's just for that, i see them at walmart, although i didn't notice them til after they put me on the medicines, and it was too late, because the stuff i'm on is affecting my central nervous system, and if you miss a dose, believe me, you do notice it!! your flat to the ground! its like my equalibrium is all off! i hate to go anywhere by myself, i totally freak out, so i have to count my fingers over and over to get my mind off of other things, and keep my mind on task. now tabor is old enough to keep me company and he knows that i have this "problem" and helps me with it! especially if i get that "look" as he says, then he'll say, "MOM", and then pick a topic and stay with it just for me, but it'll be something he knows that will keep my mind intrigued! he's my little man!! LOL
    talla is my little wonder! because when i don't feel good, she takes care of me, and unfortunately that goes along with whatever i have, its the depression side of it. they say i'm bipolar, i started out because i was having anxiety problems, that's when i found out everything else. hubs says they're all full of it! but he believs most of it, because mostly i'm wierd and psycho!! LOL **onery grinn** LOL so yep, i understand!! what do they have ya on? if that's not to crazy to ask? ~medo

• chellflower
    15 years ago

I got one bingo word.

David, I've had problems with Anxiety..still do occassionally. The prescribed Xanax helped alot, but I'm not big on taking medications. If you feel a panic attack coming on begin taking long, deep breaths and if possible step outside for some fresh air (especially cold air)...this has always helped me. I've also learned not to stress over the 'little' things, or about anything I have no control over... and prayer conquers any problem, no matter how large or small.

Hope this helps and good luck!
    Chell

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

David / intelkid,

I don't know about you, but I know many panic attacks have a reason behind them that isn't biological... e.g., something happens that brings back emotions from events in the past, and that "fight or flee" instinct kicks in, however irrational it may be. I'm no expert, but I did used to have panic attacks myself, so I can relate!

I used to have attacks until I realized what past events were causing them. This really helped because I began to recognize my "triggers"... the connection to the past was NOT obvious, but once I thought about it, it WAS there... and being prepared for those triggers before they happened helped me to face them more rationally when they did... I could say to myself "the reason this is getting to you is because it reminds you of such-and-such, and that is not going to happen again here". I could sort of talk myself down from the ledge right at the start, before the panic really took hold.

I don't know if this helps but I hope so!

Lori

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

David I agree with Lori, I used to have them too.
    I had 'triggers' as I am sure you do too, the trick is to figure out what it is and divert it.
    I managed to get completely over mine and have no problem going out with people anymore.
    That was a problem for me, being around people I didn't know or crowds in general. The last straw for me was going out with a friend and meeting HER friends one night for dinner. I couldn't take it, the very last time that happened I met her in the foyer of the restaurant when her friends started showing up and greeting her I started to panic. She went in to where they were sitting to speak to them before the rest showed up. I was silently freaking out in my head. I stepped outside tried to breathe and that wasn't helping. She came back, found me outside the door and asked me to go ahead and sit with the rest of the group.
    I told her no, I have to go. She said Why? What's up? I felt so stupid and I couldn't explain it to her, what was going on inside my brain. I just said I am not feeling well I NEED to go. She said ok, I hope you start feeling better and I went to my car.
    The MINUTE I sat down and shut the door the 'feelings' left and I cried all the way home. I missed out on a nice evening with my friend, along with feeling stupid for feeling that way. I decided when I got home I was going to conquer this ugliness. It took awhile but I did.
    You need to figure out WHY you began having these attacks. THERE is a REASON. Think about. Then figure out if you can handle it gradually on your own. You can, you just have to take time.
    Apperantly there are a lot of us who are now or have experienced this or some other issue, email us/me. If I can help in anyway I will try to. As I am sure anyone else will too.
    JUST REMEMBER BREATHE THREW IT! Deeps breaths and thinking about something else REALLY DOES help to get you threw an episode!

I too hope I have helped you in some small way, at least I helped to show you you are not alone in this, and we are here for you. Again, I am an email away if you need to talk.

:) Fran

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the talk and how you all went through it. I can totally say my equilibrium are off when it happens. I was at the fridge when one was coming on.. I opened it up and a flash went all the way thru me and I almost fell backward and would of hit a table! The very first attack I had was a sharp pain in head then I got up and collapse.. heart racing / pounding.. went on for several minutes. Of course the ambulance was called b/c of that.. and me freaking out, out of control on the floor. :( My last attack was on the 18th at 1:35am.. had the phone with me as I went into the kitchen b/c I could feel something happening soon.. I sat down.. felt my heart rate and it was very very slow.. then I felt as if my blood ran the other way.. then boom.. boom.. BOOOM faster and pounding.. got numb and had trimmers and felt like the world speed up. This sucks. The after effects lasted about 1hr 30m of feeling awful & extremely exhausted.

What's really bad.. I was at The Living Christmas Tree at church not long ago and thought one was coming on.. was terrible I was fighting as hard as I could.. thankfully nothing happened!

It seems that when I'm over at friends nothing happens. It tries too I think.. I get a slight feeling but they tell me it isn't real and get my mind off of it. As soon as I get home.. and couple hours later.. it happens and when I'm alone of all things.

Doctor said it's hyperventilation that caused numbness and my heart was skipping beats! I'm on a med. called Clonazepam a 1 month supply.

I love Chamomile and use to drink it all the time. I had that on the list and got some seeds of it. Can't wait to grow it. Does anyone know about Valerian? I use to take that few years ago and bought a bottle of it couple days ago see if it will help with my problem. It's a potent herb that can help with anxiety or sleeping. Valerian was on my list too, and got that. lol But I know I can not take the Valerian with this med or I would be drooling on myself. Some people say it would be like drinking 20 cups of coffee if you mix that herb with your med!

I use to think of the past, and all the things that were embarrassing.. also predicting my future and when I do my muscles clinch and my hands turn into a fist.. then its over.. also when trying to go to sleep I'll hear a loud pop in the room and it would scare me.. almost every night that happened.. I guess all of that caused it :/ I was hospitalized in 2000 for severe abdominal pain.. & was on ulcer & stress pills.. no one knew what the problem was.. finally a week later after that hell.. it quit. I was told it was nerves.

Thanks for taking the time to write and even tho this is bad to say.. but am glad someone else has had them that could talk to me about it and how to deal with it. Hope I said that correct? Hope I get better and get this over with soon.

-David

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

I really thought IÂd received all the cards I was going to receive but today came a card for Lisa (lisam627_ohio_26) with Daylily Frans Hals and Sunflower Esther Helianthus Debilis seeds. IÂll have to look those up but wanted to say THANK YOU Thank You Thank You before I do.
    The snow is falling the temps are dropping and spring seems so very far away but I swear I can hear my lovely seeds begging to be planted.

Kym I donÂt know how you do it. I think IÂve said it before but when I grow up I want to be just like you. Organized! LOL.
    Aloha & Mele Kalikimaka
    Bernie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good Morning all!

I got a card from our lovely hostess yesterday with 2 packs of seeds. I though I was done! Thanks Kym, I don't have either one of them.

David,

I'd like to put my two cents in too! I think that we all at one time or another have had panick/anxiety issues, Mine lasted for a few years, you are not alone!

I had them so bad when my children went to school that the doctor prescribed beta blockers.

The beat skipping of the heart is called premature ventricular contractions and everyone gets them.They are not felt by the average person. A person suffering from anxiety/panic it is felt each and every time and the more you worry about it, the more it happens!

When I went to the cardiologist for my testing I could actually tell him that one was going to happen. He was in awe!

I wont clog up this thread carring on about my experience but I will tell you that I didn't take the medication. I got a book from the library called PEACE FROM NERVOUS SUFFERING and it was incredible.

I read the book and as I was reading it was like the pages where from my own life and I learned what really was happeneing in my body and that it was okay, I wasn't dying!

I still on a rare occasion have an attack but I now know what is happeneing and I'm able to control it without to much effort.

Call your local library and ask if they have it, it's worth reading and stay away from caffiene, it's a know trigger!

Have a great day!
    Lisa

• intelkid
    15 years ago

I've been trying staying away from caffeine some. I usually fix a pot when I wake up and drink few cups. I thought maybe it was that at first.. so I stopped drinking coffee.. not good b/c I also drink tea a lot. Not drinking much caffeine again caused me to get headaches.. a friend told me to get a cup of coffee. I did, and my headache went away. Believe me, I'm trying to figure out everything.

Thanks and everyone have a great day. It's Saturday. Another mailboxing day! :)

-David

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Got 3 bingo words for Friday, that gives me 10
    Dorothy

• threas
    15 years ago

Angela, I hope you feel better soon!((HUGS))

Kym, I received my great prize as a contest winner!
    It was the cutest candy cane striped tall mug with a lid & long handled spoon, filled with candy! I love it! Thank you!
    MMMM.... Hot chocolate, here I come!!!!LOL
    How did your cookie baking go with the kids! I thought about you yesterday with all your snow & cookies!

I got 1 word today,10 total for Bingo.

David, Sorry to here about your panic attacks. You definitely are not alone. I have Anxiety mostly. I feel like I can't breathe,heart palps,dizziness and shakes so bad, I feel like I want to jump out of my skin. Don't even no why it happens. Maybe Hormonal for me. Sometimes it lasts a couple of weeks. It is exhausting. Take the occasional Valium. My GF, takes the Colanipan(sp?) for sleeplessness,nervousness, says it works great. Take it everyday, don't miss a dose.Hope you get some relief soon.

Wow,Lisa! Your story sounds like me. Heart palps, cardiologist, still on Toprol to this day. Thanks for that book. I'm tracking a copy down & reading it.

Theresa

• threas
    15 years ago

David, to avoid the caffeine withdrawal headaches,you need to cut down slowly. I do 1/2 decaf & 1/2 reg. now all the time & avoid caffeine the rest of the day. You might need to cut it out all together though.If you go cold turkey, the headache will last about 3 days. Drink lots of water. You could take Tylenol or Motrin too,for the headaches. No Excedrin, it contains caffeine.
    Hope this helps.
    Theresa

• sheriannricherson
    15 years ago

Lavender essential oil may help your panic attacks. There are special forumulations of essential oils and possibly some Bach Flower Remedies that may help.

Your local health food store would be a great place to start and make sure you get 100% pure essential oils, not fragrance oils.

Sheri

• graanieb
    15 years ago

David, that's a lot to have to go through in your young life, how long have you been having signs of bad nerves? I'm talking from my figertips, not a medical doctor, but like all others want to help you, wish you and everyone well. You've been given good advices, hope they help some, they can help others as well.
    Imagine you've done searches for Natural Treatments for Panic Attacks (PA). Read on the benefits of B vitamins, especially B12. I for one, recommend BANANA for mood elevation, having one each morning. Read on what FOOD helps to prevent attacks.

PREVENTION is the key, also--- if you can help with all your might, like Lori (Viking) said--tell yourself at the onset:
    IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN HERE.
    Get tough on it, think " NO YOU WON'T GET TO ME".
    Keep your mind on other things.
    Medo, glad you got off the medication, understand how Tabor and Talla help, just by being your motivation, mine were my life when I had periods of depression, my daughter Mary is my God's given, when she's around I don't get into deep thoughts ,am more extrovert, she'd suggest we get out of the house, get another pet--out of the question now, just concentrate on something else.

Chell, glad you and everyone else who's won or almost won the P/A battle can help with advice too, like taking in some fresh air, going outside, just not alone! Btw David, hope you don't drive yet.
    Lisa, Ishareflowers, right you are--the more you worry about it, the more it happens. Thank you for suggesting the book, many will want to read it.

Reminds us ...in this busy, stressful time, slow down, relax, things can wait, take good care of yourselves.

Especially you David, prayers with you and all, be well.

GB, Bea

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

David,so sorry to read about your panic attacks,i have had them in the past,no fun!
    A couple of years ago, i broke my ankle,i was in a wheel chair for a long time,no weight was to go on my ankle,at all, my doctor told me to try some Valerian,as it was very stressful to live like that,i did, and it was wonderful!Do not,however,take it with any other mood altering drug, and if you do use it, only buy it from a reputable Heath food store,the stuff you will find at wal mart and walgreens are no good.

I also agree with Sheri about the essiental oils,there is a nebulizer you can buy,it will disfuse the oil into the air,which will help you a lot,or, you can place a small amount on a piece of cotton,and smell it,please look some of this up on the computer,natureal things are a blessing to use.I sure hope you get well,this is no way to have to live,my heart goes out to you.Just goggle Nebulizer,or Disfuser. Good luck to you.
    Carol

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Does anyone know what happened to the Birthday swap thread? I tied to find it this morning and couldn't....

Kathy

• rbrady
    15 years ago

Good Morning Everyone! I was so excited, I received 2 more cards yesterday! One was from Sue/Chemocurl which had Hosta, Solidago Fireworks and a Spring blooming Aster. The other was from Angela/Angelady and she sent me Some Russell Lupines and some Delphiniums. Thanks so much for the lovely cards and the great seeds! This has been so great!

Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas! Rhonda

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Nevermind, I finally found it :)

Kathy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

WOW,
    we are just a bunch of mommies around here aren't we? We all have our input, lots of great ideas for David to try.

I was just reading the posts and saw that apparently, I can't spell happening first thing in the am. I spelled it incorrectly twice!! lol

Good day everyone!
    Lisa

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Yes you all have been very helpful for me. I thank you very much. I do well with the caffeine now. I'm a heavy caffeine drinker from coffee to tea. My main drink is tea. So I'm slowing down with no pop up headaches. Whenever I do get oils it's the 100% essential, very potent, but very good. :) I have read about the vitamin B couple week ago. My mother was saying I should get that. But I am taking Centrum that has all the vitamins anyways. I do have Valerian but I can not take it anymore with being on med now.

I think my nerves first started back in 2000. Now 8 years later looks like it gave up on me. What the attack does it does cause chest pains, heart palps. (very fast poundings), nauseated, numbness, tremors, & extreme exhaustion.

Thanks for all the tips and other remedies to help. I'll save the posts in a document for future reference. I apologize for taking up some posts here. If you like, you can email me about it and other things that I could do.

You all have been very helpful. Christmas is so close now!
    -David

• carol57078
    15 years ago

I have received 8 out of 20 wishes and some with different varities. Love them all. 12 for bingo and counting.
    Carol

• crisann
    15 years ago

I got two more words yesterday in bingo -- 14 total!

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone!

This will probably be my last post to this swap. I have recieved so many wonderful cards from you all, and emails from well wishing GW friends. I really cannot thank you all enough. I hope things get better in the new year and I will be around to participate next year, But for now I will just bask in all of the well wishes!

I recieved 3 cards this past week, bonechickencris, ishareflowers and luvgardening2! thank you all!

in total I recieved 24 cards, 17 of my 20 wishes were filled (I am sure they would have all been filled, but a couple were really odd and not very specific) lol

I also recieved many seeds from my "GW wanted list" Thanks to everyone, and thank you flwrs4ever for bringing the Spirit of Christmas to so many

Frances

• medontdo
    15 years ago

that's ok, you have all helped more than just David!! Man!! its nice to know my gw buddies have something i do too!! LOL
    at first i thought i was the only one who was disorganized, and had a "messy house", then i found out, lots of my gw's had the same syndrome, then now i find some of the others have the same thing i do, it's so nice to know i'm not the only "freak" as my son say's so lovingly, or "dork". LOL he does that because if he was nice then i'd just cry!! and that my dear would be NO FUN!! LOL
    my mom bought me some chamomile and some lavender essential oil. it smelled so good, so i had to put some of the chamomile on my wrist, just a dab. do you know, that day we went shopping and i didn't panic one single time, and i didn't freak out when i got separated from them when they went to the next isle and someone swooped in and i couldn't get to them for what seemed like 10 minutes, but was actually like a minute, the store was really busy. it was interesting to find something that actually might have worked, but it might have been a coincidence, highly doubtful, considering shopping is highly stressful for me, especially if i get seperated!! LOL but i love to shop! LOL imagine that! so that's something ya might try. i almost thought about putting a dot of it on the tip of my nose! then i'd be smelling it all the time!! **huge grinn** yes i know i'm weird!! LOL

ok, i have recieved lots out of my wants:
    i've only not recieved 12 of the one's i WANTED, but i have recieved many more of the foods, and vege's and fruits and flowers, so i can say without a doubt that i/we are so happy!! we couldn't be happier!! you are the most generous people i do know!! **big heartwarming smile**
    i wish that everyone i knew was as generous and kind as everyone i met here, don't ya'll know what i mean!! heck, the world would be a better place if they would all be gardners!! i think angela and angie and i talked about this one time!! LOL Hugs ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• suecirish
    15 years ago

I got another card today - couldn't believe it! It was the most beautiful card - I'm going to have to save it in a special place - and inside was purple Angel Trumpet... from Mark, markcase1964. Thanks so much Mark, you made my day!

PS I live about 3 miles from Kym - it has been snowing here since 1:30 yesterday afternoon, with a brief respite for a couple of hours overnight. We have at least 12 inches of snow and it is still snowing. There is another storm and more snow forecast for tomorrow into Monday. I'm not a fan of snow and winter at all, so I've spent the afternoon on the computer looking at pictures of gardens. That's much, much better!

From Gardens 2
    From Gardens 2

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Hey Medontdo, that's pretty funny :) Looks like we are in the same boat. I'm glad you have been doing better. Shopping areas are a nightmare and looks like people just walk through you b/c everyone is running around so fast! :)

Suecirish, Those pics are awesome! We use to get snow like that way back in the 90s but now it's hardly anything anymore. Looks like you are truly in a winter wonderland! I like the patio pic. Snow looks 12 inches on top of that table and railing. I really like that backdrop of the trees and house, that snow gives it character.

-David

• divahethr
    15 years ago

Thank you Daffodillady for the ornamental pepper seeds!!! WOOHOO!!!!

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I got a very elegant card from Mark/markcase1964 today. Inside were purple Datura seeds. Thank you, Mark, for the seeds, and for the lovely card!
    Alana

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

I hope you all don't mind just one more little word to help David & Medontdo,

David,you will feel so much better if you stop the Centrum,and go to a good health food store for your one a day vitamins,Centrum has patrolum in them,this is something you do not want in your system.Your mom is right,V.B would be good,but do not buy it from walgreens or wal mart,but from a health food store,this is very important.

Medontdo*
    What good news,i am sure the chamomile and lavender helped you.
    You can also rub a little on your temples,and the bottom of your feed,i know,sounds weird,but this workes,Place a little on a cotton ball when you go to sleep,and keep it close by, on your pillow.

I wish you and David a speedy recovery,with all the good ideas coming your way,i am sure you will be fine in no time at all,doctors do not always know every thing,have either of you tryed Acupuncture?
    Carol

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

Yippie It just doesn't stop. I got the most spactacular card from Mark Case (markcase1964)today. Who told you my mail box was lonely? Your lovely card and Purple Angel Trumpet Datura seeds were the only thing in the box today. THANK YOU so much I love Datura and can't wait to add purple ones to my garden next spring.
    Bernie

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I received a lovely card today from daffodillady wishing me a Merry Christmas :) Thank you!!

Kathy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Mark I too have to say THANK YOU, those snowflake cards are so very pretty. Don't know where you found them but I wish I could find some as pretty as these. I love the seeds you sent too. I am tickled PINK!
    He sent me STEVIA, can you believe it? WOW OH WOW!!! I can't wait to grow this and I just might not since I would have to bring it in over winter anyway! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH.
    And I WILL be keeping this card it is SOOOOOO very pretty!
    (not that I won't the others but this one is a KNOCKOUT!)

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Oh Boy another card! Thank you Huong/hmle2217 for the oriental leaf mix. Jordan and I re going to sow some seeds tomorrow on the Winter Solstice and this will be one of them.

Kim & Jordan

• threas
    15 years ago

Mark,your beautiful card & Purple Datura seeds reached my mailbox today also! What a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much!
    Theresa

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Hi! I received notice today that the last envy I mailed was received! Woo Hoo! I am so glad they all made it to where they were supposed to go! Hope everyone is having a great night!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kim, did Jordan get anything in the mail from Santa yet, if not, will you let her know Santa heard how giving she was, and he has sent her something EARLY...

We have over 13 inches of snow, and it is STILL coming down...roads are pretty bad...and all the plowmen are exhausted, we have more coming tomorrow and on Christmas Eve...it has been a few years since I remember getting three snow storms in a week...alot of times here we get rain right after that takes it all away.

David, I am sorry for what you are going thru, and I truly hope you can find the right thing that will work for you.

We went to one local store this morning, then I came home to rest. Every year my husbands boss takes us to dinner, and it was tonight. It was a nice time...we sat near the window and watched the snow come down. They are headed to Fla and had to rub it in....LOL

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend, shopping, baking, going to parties....

Kym

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bingo words for Saturday are.........

fruitcake
    cookies
    season
    stand
    tidings

whats that ??? IS someone close to a BINGO ??? lol

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Got 2 words today! :)

just1morehosta, Thank you for the information. Got that noted down now. Haven't tried Acupuncture, but would be nice.

flwrs4ever, Thank you. I'm sticking to what the doctor has me on. Two days so far, doing well.

-David

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Woohoo, 3 words for Saturday.....yeah!!!

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

2 more tonight
    Dorothy

• chellflower
    15 years ago

No cards for two days now....but my garden has already been blessed to the borders by all of my GWeb garden friends! Hugs to you all!!! I really can't wait to plant my new seeds!!!

I got two bingo words..total of 12.

Chell

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i havent tried the acupunture, i do want to get off of the effexire and the topiamate, they are both central nervous system drugs, so you can't just drop them, which really sucks!! LOL
    on my site i have this thing on remedies that someone sent me, did ya'll know that if you put something on your feet, it gets to your body faster, i'm wondering if its kinda like the under the tongue thing? i do wanta get some chamomile seeds, i wanted to get them for the kids, my son has adhd, so he's pretty mind active at times, his mind wears me out!! LOL heck, my mind wears me out!! LOL **giggle** ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• intelkid
    15 years ago

medontdo, I know mine is habit-forming. Read that.. for 2 - 4 weeks of using this med I'm on, I could be hooked, needing it. It's a month supply but do you think It would cause anything to me once a month is gone? I take 2 tablets a day. Then I go for a check up.

I really like Chamomile and drink it all the time few years ago. Really would like a cup of it again, but it states no herbal with it. *sighs*

-David

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Jordan and I got to get dirty this morning. "OH COOL" she said when I told her we were going to plant some of the awesome seeds we received. I have been saving up containers to wintersow and we have begun. Jordan loved putting soil into the containers, watering and sprinkling in the seeds...I hope not all the seeds are in once place LOL...oh well she did the best she could. Here is what we planted today: kohlrabi, cauliflower, dill, oriental leaf mix, romaine lettuce, red rock cabbage, freckles lettuce, and as an experiment...Italian market wonder tomatoes and minnesota midget melons. We already did asparagus, leeks, broccoli, garlic chives and alpine strawberries. We will be eating good next year. Again thanks to those who sent us some of the seeds above along with some that will be babied and loved and EATEN next year.

I am also starting to save up containers for some of the wonderful flowers sent to us. I just needed to get the food stuff going since this is how I help feed all of us in the summer (6 adults and of course Jordan). It really helps with the finances some and knowing that there is food simply sitting outside the door feels so good. I already have a great corner of our yard picked out the plant the flowers...will have to post some pictures as we get it together.

Kym, Jordan has been an exceptionlly good girl this year and is anxiously awaiting Santa. Will let you know when he arrives.

XOXOXOXO to all, Kim and Jordan

• peaches20
    15 years ago

Hi All,

I thought I was done getting Secret Santa Cards, but to my surprise I received three more in the mail. Thanks to

Markcase1964 for the datura seeds. I tried these seeds for the first time last year and got one really nice yellow plant. I brought the plant in but the seed pod is still green. I'm about ready to give up on it.

Kym for the dwarf dahlia seeds

and

dafodilllady thanks for the canna seeds.

Merry Christmas to all.

Nancy
    Peaches20

• ptp813
    15 years ago

I was blessed with another card with some awesome "wanted" seeds from Flwrs4ever/Kym :-) I received 3 different heuchera's :) Coreopsis 'Limerock Ruby' :) and a fun plant that I didn't know I wanted... Eyeball plant. Thank you so very much.

I have received 7 from my want list with a few different varities or colors of a particular one, plus some other seeds that I'm so glad I received that I didnt' know I wanted. Oh, and a couple from my regular GW want list too.

This has been so much fun and such a blessing.

:-) Merry Christmas Everyone Pam

• patrushka
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness! You've been busy. Our power went out in the wee hours Friday morning and was just restored a litle more than an hour ago. The trees are still ice covered and it was windy last night. We could hear branches and chunks of ice falling on the roof all during night.

I hope everyone else weathered the storm and is safe and sound.

I want to thank Anadarko Rose for the lovely card with a thank you written inside and the beautiful bookmark. Thanks so much.

I'll be back later to check bingo words and see what else is new since I last checked in.

Pat

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

there is a NEW THREAD..........PLEASE COME THERE AND POST.......

BINGO WORDS ARE POSTED OVER THERE....SO COME AND SEE IF YOU HAVE BINGO.....

Krystals started the new thread for me today...so come on over and enjoy the rest of December.

Kym

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Kym, wanted to let you know a little elf dropped off a package for Jordan in my mailbox today. She will be spending the night tomorrow and will get to open it then.

Thanks Kim