Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: Happy New Year Swap

Michelle Reynolds
14 years ago

Hello

I wanted to start taking sign ups for a big January swap.

all seeds, flower, vegie and herb some shrub and tree seeds are fine too just not too many. please send a list of what you want or don't want back(I will try to fill as many wants as possible) and if everyone sends in datura(for exapmle) everyone will be getting some back, but I will try not to send you and that you say you don't want.

please send seeds in bubble envie(I will use the same one to return them to you)

include a return lable if possible

but sure you GW name, real name, and address are in the envie(sometimes the adddress on the out side gets messed up)

include return postage(money is best, can you imagine standing at the PO with 30 envies and a baggie full of 10 diffrent denominations of stamps trying to figure out what stamps are worth what, and how many should go on each envie)

please no seeds older that 2008, all packaged so thay don't leak out, with ledgible names(if I can't read what kind of seed it is they will come back to you)

if you send more that 100 packs I will not guarentee you don't get dupliquets and some seeds you may not want

side trades are fine but I will not be keeping track of them that will be up to you, please lable seeds if they are ment for someone and how many packets you are sending they will count toward your total seeds.

unless special requests are made you will get back the same number of seeds you send. donations of extra seeds will be given to the less well seed endowed.

sign ups will go till the 10th of january, seeds to be in to me by the end of january, I will get them back in time for most of us to winter sow. if you want to drop out or your seeds are late comming please let me know.

please don't send any seeds till after christmas, I just wont be ready.

thanks

michelle

Comments (111)

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

My seeds are in the mail.

Andrea

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello everyone
    I got a few more this week, I would like to have them all on the way by the end of next week if possible. I'm hopping to get them back on their way by the second week of feb for the wintersowers.

envies in so far
    karendee
    sewwht
    carsons mimi
    janet_n_ntx
    poisondartfrog
    dusty314
    maps31
    susantxoma
    hibiscusfan
    dempa
    pearlpark
    molanic
    clc70
    just1morehosta
    margarita10
    acalgirl
    carol57078

I'm hopping for a mild end to the winter, I want to get out in the garden(well to be honest it is the mud pit right now) and dig up as many perennials as I can find and get them potted to move. everyone thinks I'm nuts but when you get the seeds, start them in a bottle, pot them up for a year and finaly get them to blooming size, it is sad to think of leaving them and the new owners may just dig them up and toss them. I can see a few are still green(salvia"snow nymph", turtleheads, irises, creeping phlox, abd so on) so I will have no trouble finding them. all the coneflowers and daylilies are another mater, there is no sign of them till much later.

well I have to go put another coat of paint on the bed room.
    have a great day everyone

michelle

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle,

I mailed my seeds today ! There's a little something in there for you to enjoy while you are hard at work with all those seeds ! Thank you for doing this for us , a great way to start the New Year ;-) Where are you moving to ?

~Iris

• karendee
    14 years ago

It is sad to leave plants for new owners. I drove past our old house once to see all my flowers removed and replaced with UGLY tall bushes. It was awful!!

I would come help you dig if I lived near you.

Good luck potting those babies up. I hope you can find them in the mud.

Karen

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

My seeds are on their way~finally!!

Michelle, I'm with you on leaving those plants behind. When my mom passed away, I dug up everything she had planted - mostly bulbs, but a few other things, too. I also too cuttings from what plants I could. I just couldn't bear to see someone else come in and trash the things she had cared for.

Karen, how sad to drive by your old house and see your flowers replaced like that.

• daisyb
    14 years ago

My seeds went out in the mail today. Thanks for hosting this swap Michelle.

Daisy

• patrob
    14 years ago

Michelle, I am so sorry, but I am not going to make the deadline. My mother fell and broke her hip three weeks ago. She's now out of the hospital and in rehab, but I have had absolutely no time for seeds. I hope to participate next year! Patricia

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    well our warm up never warmed up, so I didn't get out to dig in the garden, but I got a few more buckets so when I can get out there I'll have something to put them in. my home is starting to look like someone elses house already, so much stuff is packed to de-clutter, I have repainted half of it, and most of the picks are down off the walls.
    oh well on to the swap info

envies in so far
    karendee
    sewwht
    carsons mimi
    janet_n_ntx
    poisondartfrog
    dusty314
    maps31
    susantxoma
    hibiscusfan
    dempa
    pearlpark
    molanic
    clc70
    just1morehosta
    margarita10
    acalgirl
    carol57078
    ibartoo
    poetmama
    rane-grow(yummy)thanks
    farmergirl
    ditdaddy
    diggindirt

on the way
    catriona
    daisyb

dropped
    alwaysagarden
    patrob
    sorry to loose you but hope things get better

the following I have not heard from
    grovespirit
    chitownlady
    grammy2
    esiuol
    claylady
    soonersub
    morguegirl
    if you will be a little late that is fine, but please let me know if you will be able to send or if you want to drop. I don't want to be waiting for envies that are not comming.

I'm going to put in most of my harvested seeds from last year becouse I don't want to pack them so if you get some seeds from me you don't want please use them in another swap and it will give you more to send in, also I'm hopping to send everyone more than they sent (unless you asked for less) so if you get a pack with a small amount in it lease don't be upset. I'm puting in all my vegies (I wont be able to start any vegies from seed this year) and some of the toms and peppers only have 6 or 7 seeds, but like I said you will get back more packets that you sent so it should come out evan in the end.

also dose anyone want datura? I'm thinking of baning it from my next swap, I think almost everyone sent in 2 or 3 packets and no one wants any back. the small black datura seeds produce a thorny weedy bush with small purple/white flowers and once you have them in your yard it is very hard to get rid of them. the larger tan seeds produce the plant with velvity leaves and the large sweet sented white flowers, and dose not spread so much. will destroy the black seeds unless someone wans them, they are a nusance and they just circle the seed swaps for years untill a newbee(I did this when I was new) plants them in the yard and is stuck with them popping up forever. the tan ones are accualy very nice plants and I will keep a few, would anyone like some of these? post here if you want some. I hope this dose not affend any one, but these are the bane of every hostess, everyone has them no one wants them an I don't want 20 packets of them.

thanks
    michelle

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle,
    I sent my envelope on the 12th. My name isn't on the list, did you get it?

Thanks,
    Andrea

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    so sorry andrea, yes I have it, just missed it when I was posting. thanks for the reminder

envies in so far
    karendee
    sewwht
    carsons mimi
    janet_n_ntx
    poisondartfrog
    dusty314
    maps31
    susantxoma
    hibiscusfan
    dempa
    pearlpark
    molanic
    clc70
    just1morehosta
    margarita10
    acalgirl
    carol57078
    ibartoo
    poetmama
    rane-grow(yummy)thanks
    farmergirl
    ditdaddy
    diggindirt appaloosa909

on the way
    catriona
    daisyb

dropped
    alwaysagarden
    patrob

grovespirit
    chitownlady
    grammy2
    esiuol
    claylady
    soonersub
    morguegirl
    if you will be a little late that is fine, but please let me know if you will be able to send or if you want to drop. I don't want to be waiting for envies that are not comming.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

envies in so far
    karendee
    sewwht
    carsons mimi
    janet_n_ntx
    poisondartfrog
    dusty314
    maps31
    susantxoma
    hibiscusfan
    dempa
    pearlpark
    molanic
    clc70
    just1morehosta
    margarita10
    acalgirl
    carol57078
    ibartoo
    poetmama
    rane-grow(yummy)thanks
    farmergirl
    ditdaddy (postage receved)
    diggindirt
    appaloosa909
    chitownlady
    catriona

on the way
    daisyb

dropped
    alwaysagarden
    patrob

grovespirit
    grammy2
    esiuol
    claylady
    soonersub
    morguegirl

• clay_lady
    14 years ago

My package went out yesterday Thanks clay_lady

• gammy2
    14 years ago

gammy2 - so sorry--had to drop out...sent regular e mail yesterday. Looks like a great swap! Hope you all have great gardens this coming season. Helen

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

envies in so far
    karendee
    sewwht
    carsons mimi
    janet_n_ntx
    poisondartfrog
    dusty314
    maps31
    susantxoma
    hibiscusfan
    dempa
    pearlpark
    molanic
    clc70
    just1morehosta
    margarita10
    acalgirl
    carol57078
    ibartoo
    poetmama
    rane-grow(yummy)thanks
    farmergirl
    ditdaddy (postage receved)
    diggindirt
    appaloosa909
    chitownlady
    catriona
    daisyb
    claylady

on the way
    esiuol
    morguegirl

dropped
    alwaysagarden
    patrob
    grammy2

grovespirit
    soonersub
    I'm going to asume they have dropped since I have not heard from them.

as soon as I get the last 2 envies I will do the sorting and hopfully get these on the way back to you next week.
    thanks everyone, this may be my last swap till next winter and some great seeds are in already.

I would like to know what to do with all the datura, evan if I toss out the little black ones(weedy invasives) I will still have 15 or so of the nicer fragrant ones, most of you said no datura,so dose anyone want any?

michelle

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle,
    No Dantura*** for me,thank you for asking.
    cAROL

• susantexoma
    14 years ago

No datura for me either, sorry Michelle - I wonder if there's someone looking for datura on the seed trading list who'd like it?

Susan

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    ok I have you 2 down for ND and the others that put it on their dont send list.
    unfortunently over 30 packs of daturas were sent in and only 3 or 4 people don't have it listed as don't send. unless someone wants thier datuas back I will be dumping them. but I will still send back the same amount as you sent in, I have enough extras to make up for it.
    my next swap will be a "no datura swap" I rilly don't want any eather.
    most of the sorting is done, I'm just waiting for the last envie
    esiuol- yours made it, you did forget, but don't worry I have it covered

• elliesfun
    14 years ago

None for me either. It's just an annual here but I planted some several years ago and it came up everywhere. But they are so pretty in the pictures.

Ellie

14 years ago

Michelle,

Call me crazy but I would be glad to try some of the " good " kind of datura ... esp if its fragrant ;-) we are expecting more snow tonight and again on the weekend ... ugh ! I say bring on spring !!!

~Iris

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

I will try some datura, what the heck. Thank you for the offer :)

Amy

• dirtdaddy
    14 years ago

Michelle, u can send me a couple of packs of Datura. I'll give it a try.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    well I got the last envie today, I have all the envies address all the seeds swaped, and ready to go. I think I have more seeds in each envie that was sent in(excep those that wanted less) I tossed in some at the end so if you get back ones you didn't want I'm sorry, just re-swap them.
    thank you everyone for playing, I will post again when I get the envies sent out.

happy gardening
    michelle

• susantexoma
    14 years ago

Yay!! Thanks so much for all your hard work on this, Michelle - I'll be excited to see what comes back in my envie!

Susan

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Yes, thank you from me also Michelle,it is going to be fun seeing what we all get back.
    You worked hard for us,great job.
    cAROL

• karendee
    14 years ago

Thanks so much, I can't wait to see the surprises I get!
    Karen

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    well I have most of the envies closed and ready to go but I ran out of tape GRRR. so I will got get some more and try to get the rest out tomarrow.
    I will keep you posted as to when they are all out.
    happy gardening
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello
    ok I got some more tape and the rest are now on the way.
    I hope you all like and can use the seeds(or most of them anyway), thank you everyone for a great swap.
    I hope we all have a great gardening year.
    HUGGS
    michelle

• pearlpark
    14 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks to all for sending in a great selection of seeds. Thank you Michelle for organizing this.

Earl

• karendee
    14 years ago

Thanks! I got my seeds today also. I can't wait to plant the pink butterfly weed!! I am so excited about lots of the seeds I got!

Thanks Michelle and others!
    Karen

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

Michelle,

I received my packet of seeds today. What a fun mix of goodies (one or two I'll have to research to figure them out). :-)

I appreciate all your efforts in coordinating the swap.
    Lynn

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Michelle Thanks for this swap I received my seeds yesterday and was very pleased.

• molanic
    14 years ago

Got my seeds today. Thanks so much to everyone.

• clc70
    14 years ago

Got my seeds today. Thanks Michelle for hosting.

• susantexoma
    14 years ago

My seeds arrived today - so many good ones, Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy AND Autumn Colors, plus white and red salvia too! Thank you so much everyone who participated, and Michelle for making it all happen - and thank you Michelle for the pretty flower valentine, Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Susan

• diggindirt49
    14 years ago

My seeds arrived today. WOW!!! What a wonderful Valentine. Thanks to all, and special thanks to our hostess Michelle.

Bev

• elliesfun
    14 years ago

Received the seeds today and want to thank you for hosting. A wonderful selection of seeds. Happy Valentine's Day to you.
    Ellie

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

My seeds arrived and am very pleased with the assortment I received! Thank you so much, Michelle, for hosting this great swap. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Kathy/catrionaa

• dirtdaddy
    14 years ago

Seeds came yesterday! Lotsa new things to plant and grow. Thanks Michelle, and everyone!

• daisyb
    14 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday and WOW! Such a wonderful assortment! I can't wait to try my luck at growing all of these. Thank you so much Michelle for all your hard work and thanks to everyone for sharing with me.

Daisy

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

Received my seeds today! :)

Thanks

Andrea

• chitownladyd
    14 years ago

Michelle,
    Received my seeds and was tremendously surprised at the care that went into the selections. Many varieties, some I didn't even know I wanted to try. Thanks a millions and happy planting!

La Donna

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

Hi

I got my seeds last Friday( have been unable to post before today.) Thanks so much. The seeds are great.

Amy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I received mine on Saturday.
    Thanks, Alana

• dem_pa
    14 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks to everybody for sharing their seeds. A great variety. Some will be winter sown tomorrow.

Don (dem_pa)

14 years ago

Michelle, I received my seeds today !! What a wonderful treat it is to find such an awesome collection of seeds waiting for me in the mailbox after a long day at work ... I just sat down and went thru them all, one by one (drooling) and now I really can't wait for spring, there are so many great seeds here ! Thank you so much !

~Iris

• janet_n_ntx
    14 years ago

Oh wow, Such a great swap, thanks !!

• clay_lady
    14 years ago

I received my package yesterday and what a surprise. It was outstanding. Can't wait to see them do their thing. Some of the packaging was sooo cool, alot of time spent by so many to make my garden beautiful. Thanks for all that you did.

• carol57078
    14 years ago

I received the seeds yesterday in the mail, thanks to Michelle for a wonderful collection. Going to go look some varities up on the web. Thanks to everyone, Carol

• dusty314
    14 years ago

I recieved my seeds too... WOW! Thank you all for this great seed swap!

• margarita10
    14 years ago

Hi Michelle,

I received my seeds and they are wonderful. I can't wait to start planting my vegetable garden with my grandkids.

Thank you very much for your great work putting this together.

Margarita10