Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

NEW: Christmas Board-Buddies Exchange

mmqchdygg
17 years ago

{{gwi:1315481}}

Hey everyone! So I was in TJ Maxx last night, I was looking at all the nifty things they have there, and wondered who I could buy things for...cuz most of my other shopping is done. So then I thought of my Robins, and decided that I really can't do all 43 of them, BUT...if we had Board-Buddies, that would be REALLY cool!

Another simple one:

I'll take a quick email poll with everyone.

I'll match you up with a pal, and exchange your information for you.

Exchange Gifts by mail to be received by Christmas.

No maximum or minimum for your gift; it's the THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!!!

Delivery Confirmation is a must on ALL exchanges!!!

Please post here with your interest, and I'll send out a quick email-poll with a few questions on it- stuff like what your interests/hobbies are, kids, etc. Then I'll pass this info along to your 'Board Buddy.'

Sign-up by next Friday, the 8th, and I'll get the exchange info passed out by Monday the 11th, so you'll have time to get your boxes together & mailed.

Comments (40)

• glendasgarden
    17 years ago

I want to sign up :)

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Glenda! Thanks for signing up; I'll send you a poll in bit.

Just to clarify for everyone:
    This is a simple gift swap. That's all it is. Since the joy of the season is in the giving (at least for me), the whole idea is simply to prepare a gift (whatever size fits your style) for the person with whom you will be paired. That's it.
    Just a "From me to you" gift exchange.

For those who worry about making sure 'everyone is equal' and gets the same value that they sent, this may not be for you. This is simply "It's the thought that counts" and "just because you want to give a gift to someone" exchange.

Thanks for participating!

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bump. One more day to sign up!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

OK, I can't resist :-)
    Sign me up. Even if it is a few of us, we can just have #! send to #2 who sends to #3, etc. Don't you think? It doesn't take a huge group of people to have fun!
    Thanks for hosting!!!

Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh I have been eyeing this thread for awhile.I would really "Love" to participate too.Sign me up please?
    Nancy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

OK. I'll do it too if we can get started soon. I'm not doing much this year and I mailed my other packages yesterday so that leaves me free to play in this swap. It sounds like fun...relaxed
    Beth B

• faintheart
    17 years ago

I'll play too...if it's not too late. Great idea! :)

Dee

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Perfect! Thanks for signing up! Hold for email polls to everyone!

• faintheart
    17 years ago

My poll is on the way back, Tina. I am off to do a bit of shopping with DD for the day! :)

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

My poll is filled out and has been sent back to you also! Thanks for hosting this Tina! Can't wait to see who I send to!! : )
    Nancy

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have polls back from Beth, Cedarnest, and Dee. Glenda & Tina, please check your emails. Thanks.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Been gone all wekend, will fill out the poll and send back tonight. Sorry for the delay.

Glad to see you all signing up!!! Yeah!!!!!!
    Faint!!!! It has been so long since I've seen you! ~~~doing a charlie brown happy dance~~~

Tina

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glenda- since you're on aol, you might check your junk mail folder to see if the poll landed in there.

Everyone else, I will pair you up in just a minute, but the one thing I don't have is addresses. Only one person sent their snail-mail addy. Sorry I forgot to ask for it in the poll- DOH! (cedarnest, I have yours). I need snail-mail addresses from:
    Tina, Beth, Glenda.

Thanks!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

sending it right now!
    Duh! LoL, sorry about that :-)

• skohler
    17 years ago

ok if there is time I will get in on this since we have beth,cedarnest & Tina that I know in here :))
    please tell me what I have to do .
    susie

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, kids, here's the low-down:

Cedarnest & Beth- You're buddies!
    Tina & Dee- You're buddies!

I need to hear from Glenda, please. Glenda, if I don't hear from you by this afternoon, I will need to drop you from this robin- sorry!

If I hear from Glenda, I will pair skohler and Glenda.
    If I do not hear from Glenda, I will be skohler's bud.

Thanks for joining, everyone! Enjoy this little gift-giving opportunity!!!

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Wooooooohoooooooo!!! I am so 'cited...I got the low-down on my bud! ;) Hope she doesn't mind WAITING TO OPEN her surprises. *giggles* Do I have to go to work? I'd much rather start wrapping gifties for Tina!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glenda- As I have not heard back from you either through email or here on the thread, your participation in this Robin has been terminated. Thank you for your interest, however it is imperative that when signing up for a Robin, that you check the thread often for updates, action items, and/or deadlines.

Sue- I have your poll, and you and I will be buds! (Which means I guess I better send you my poll questions, too, huh?!)

Have a wonderful Christmas, ladies, and please follow up here on the thread with your DC #s so your buddy will know that they are expecting a package!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Oh what fun! I was secretly hopeing for Cedarnest. I have not sent to her but I got the nicest box from her when she first started in the swaps.
    Yo Ho, I'm going shopping.
    Tina thanks for starting this.
    Beth B

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi tina just wanted to let you know I received your
    information & will head out this weekend for your goodies .
    thank you for letting me in the swap .
    susie

• skohler
    17 years ago

tina /mmqchdygg got your box packed & went out in todays mail conf#0305 2710 0002 5680 3543 hope you enjoy.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    susie

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Beth you will be receiving an email notification about your gift today : ) If you don't receive it by thisevening please let me know ok? Blessed Holidays To You Beth!!
    Merry Christmas!! Nancy/cedarnest

• skohler
    17 years ago

Where is everyone has anyone received their boxes yet ????
    MM (tina ) You should be getting yours today I hope
    you enjoy what I picked out for you .
    susie

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I mailed to Nancy on Monday the 18th. Hope it arrives tomorrow here is the DC# 0306 1070 0001 1051 3237
    Nancy sent me an on line gift certificate for Wal Mart, useable online. I have not had a chance to go to their site to "Shop". It will be a new thing for me and I'll let you know later what I pick.
    Thanks, Nancy
    BB

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh Good Beth,You received it.I was running out of time to get a regular gift sent and was worried it wouldn't make it to you by Christmas.Thats the first time I have ordered one online and didn't know for sure how that would work.Have fun shopping!Gotta love the web : ) Merry Christmas!!
    Nancy

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Oh Tinaaaaaaaaa (Ms. Hummingbirddaisy),

Your package is going out today. I'm waiting for the ice to clear before sliding my way into the Post Office and before the snow comes tonite. It shouldn't take but a couple days to travel that 180 miles. ; )

I am getting so anxious to see my son who will be arriving from Russia to St. Paul on Saturday night. We will be driving up to St. Paul on Saturday morning. It seems a longggg fifteen months since I've seen him and it will be good to have the whole family together once again for the holidays!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and joyous New Year!

~Dee

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey, hey, Sue! I'm back from the PO (UGH!)

Your DC # is 0306 2400 0002 0873 7570

Merry Christmas to you!!!!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Just had to hop on here quick to give Beth a ((Huge Hug))Your package arrived today. I love everything!The snowman pot and greenery are wonderful and I love the coasters My outside birdies send a special Thank You for the Suet feeder and Birdhouse.I adore and will cherish forever the Christmas Card with a pic of you and your doggie.Such a Lovely Lady and Wonderful Friend you indeed are Beth. I feel like such a Grinch just sending you a gift certificate : ( Very Blessed Holidays Beth
    Nancy

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

A public THANK YOU to Sue, who sent me a wonderful Christmas Present!
    A frying pan and some potholders (she must have seen my 'can't-cook-to-save-my-life' post on the cooking forum the other day)
    Kitty nip prizes for my cat who just LOVES them!!!
    Lovely smelly things: Cinnamon/Orange Incense & a Caramel Apple candle- yummy!
    TULIP BULBS!!!
    Cutesy Santa S&P shakers that now grace my hutch with all the other knick-knacks
    Candy cane Soap that the DS just thought was the neatest thing (he snatched that for 'his' bathroom.)
    Chocolate!!!!
    THANK YOU, and Merry Christmas!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Miss Faint! Your package went out today. The DC# is in the van and right DH has it, so will post it later tongiht.
    Am I making you wait til the last minute or what! LoL

Merry Christmas Ladies!
    Tina

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hey Tina your welcome I just hope you enjoy the
    Maple syrup that was made not far from here . you can make maple syrup popcorn did you know that :))))
    it is like toffee popcorn.

let me know if you want the recipe :)) make a cook of you yet :)
    susie

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's the extent of my cooking expertise:

I can do Maple Snow without screwing it up. (Which, if we ever GET any snow, will be a perfect use for that little gift!!)

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Good morning ladies ~

I received my box from Dee this morning.
    This is probably the neatest box I have ever received. It truly touched my heart.
    There was a present in there for everyone!
    Rick received a suet cake and feeder.
    Each of my kiddos received a bundle of pencils and a candy cane. They also received the game Conga! They love it and just got done playing it!
    I received 2 ornaments that are old world style. Old world jingle bells, and a sachet in an old world motif. All of which are now hanging on our tree.
    Also, my favorite bath products! Lavender shower gel and bath salts.
    Holiday coaster
    mini frames
    and a rooster!
    The homemade cookies are awesome!
    Everything was wrapped to beautifully. The time and care you took really shows in this wonderful package Dee. We love everything. This is the first time I have ever received a box that had something for everyone in it. That is too awesome!

I feel like such a putz. The box I ssent you isn't half as nice as this one. I was in a rush, and I shouldn't have been. I should have taken the time to wrap everything because you deserve that and so much more.
    You are such a special person.
    I do hope that you enjoy the contents in the box.

The DC# is 0306 0320 0000 8715 6425

Merry Christmas,
    Tina

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Awwwwww...I'm so glad it arrived! I didn't have any other box that accomodated everything but after packing and some repacking it worked. Hope the cookies didn't turn into crumbs before they got there! ;p

Hoping both you and Rick and the kids have a most wonderfulllll Christmas! I'm off to get that son of mine home from Russia. :)))

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Hugs,
    Dee

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Dee - The cookies arrived in superb condition! You HAVE to share that recipe!!!!!
    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas as well. Again, thank you for such a wonderful box!

Was hoping your box would have arrived today. Sorry :-(

Merry Christmas Ladies
    Tina

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi ladies just wanted to let you all know I received my
    very nice xmas box from M&M Tina yesterday ,
    Tina sent me a very blend of cuppers choice Creme Burlee COFFEE I Know I will enjoy , French Vanilla room freshner , TIME OUT Body spay & lotion , a box of wonder truffles , & a very cute vase with lid to keep
    trinkets in :))
    thank you for you kindness & as I said I will know better neck time that you do not like to cook :))

Fun swap Have a merry xmas all
    susie

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Susie!
    Glad you liked the box...funny thing is after I sent it, I found all kinds of things that I thought of you the minute I saw them...you may just see some of these things in a future Robin!
    Glad you liked the little goodie box; I have to go back to the pottery place and make another 'thing' now. Each time I go there, I like to make something that I can send to someone in a RR here. So that one was a 'homemade' item from me to you!
    And on the cooking thing...a funny about that is since I posted over there on the cooking forum about the failed melted chocolate, I've cooked more this holiday season than I have EVER done. Well, baked, that is. Cookies. I never used to be able to make a cookie. I still can't make a toll house cookie. I think maybe I just need to do more OF it. Cuz to tell you the truth, it's really not that bad. I never took home ec. (DH did...so that gets me off the hook). Maybe it's a subconcious fear. Who knows.

I'll keep you posted!
    Thanks again, everyone for a wonderful swap!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Nancy and all,
    Christmas was wonderful this year. So much bad news from family and friends all this year seemed to make me so aware of how precious time with family and friends really is. Strange how the bad makes the good even better.
    Anyway, the hurry and rush is over and now I shall set to the fun job of "Spending" your gift. Just wanted to say Thanks again.
    Beth

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know what wonderful gifts I received from Tina (hummingbirddaisy). My apologies to Tina for not posting publicly until now as last week was spent with my son home for the holidays visiting with all the relatives and I have been ill with the flu since the 31st and am just now starting to feel a teensy bit human again.

Tina sent the most wonderfulll scented moisturizing bath beads and body wash with a new scrubbie, a RED (my fav color) candle that is soooo pretty, a cute, cute, cute snowman ornament (which is staying out all winter), a very pretty plaque with a lily on it that is here on my pc desk to remind that Spring IS coming, houseplant fertilizer spikes that had my few plants yelling hurrayyyyyyyy from throughout the house and a wonderful assortment of flavored teas (which I will be trying once anything but water and gatorade decide to stay put).

Tina, I so appreciate everything you chose for me and thank you so very much, dear heart!

sending hugssssssssssss on the guarentee you won't catch this bug!

Dee

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Bless your heart Dee. Honey, as I said in the e-mail, I really did think nothing of it. I knew your son was home for only a short while. All I want you to do is get well so you can enjoy the New Year and not feel so yuckie. You are just too special!!!

I am happy you liked your box (was nothing compared to the most wonderful box I've ever received, from you :-))

Big ol' hugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggsssssss back at'cha darlin'