Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

UPDATE: Petal Pushin' Some Christmas Cheer #3

tracyvine
16 years ago

Just thought I would post the new thread since we maxed out the last one!

Tracy

Comments (22)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Alright! I just finished reading up on the previous post!

Becki, Congratulations on the Giant Fudge order! Woo hoo Girlfriend that is great news! I love the gifts that you picked up for William! He is going to love all of those! I was an artist when I was little. I took college level art classes all the way through highschool. I would have loved all of that when I was his age. Such a good mom you are!

Mariann, those goodies you bought have my stomach grumbling now too! The raspberry chocolates sound wonderful! Yum! Is you DSIL going to be home for Christmas or is he staying through the Holidays? I feel bad for your DD. I wouldn't want to be home alone either!

Anita, Thank you for the Birthday Wishes! I think that puts you on the Nice LIST! LOL! I can't believe the numbers of the DL's! Very Ambitious!

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

REPOST, I should have waited:)
    Hi All,
    Just checking in, as I will be getting my GB in the morning & not sure if I will have time to check back before Christmas.
    Sister Sassy,
    Now forgive me Father for I have sinned!!! Now that is so true, Yes, Daylilies are a very shareable thing, I started adding to my have list at the other place, I only did the A's & have 41 done, It is so cool, if it is listed in Plant Files it automatically adds a link & a PIC to my list, so far all 41 are linked, but a few they do not have PICS for yet. another cool thing is I will know the exact count when I am done, should be over 1000 & under 1500, a lot of work, but it is well worth it:)

Happy Belated Birthday To All December Babies I Have Missed!
    Happy Birthday To Any Still To Come!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL:)

:)Anita, On the naughty list!!

• roflol
    16 years ago

Good afternoon, everybody. It's been a while since I've been on the forum in general and this thread in particular - work was mandating massive quantities of extra hours so I had to go cold turkey here at GardenWeb or I would have never gotten anything done and they might have noticed I think. ;-) Anywho, I finally got done so now I can get my shopping done... lol.

Sassy, I emailed ya that I sent your card/penny/blessings on 12/15/07 but didn't hear back so I'm guessing it hasn't made it there yet. Guess the annual postal constipation has set in. :-\ Sorry about that miscalculation! It was fun getting it ready for you, and I hope you enjoy it when you get it. :-)

One of these days I will go back and read up on thread #2; right now I have to catch up on the shopping and home stuff I put off for the past few weeks. We finally put up the Christmas tree today (pre-lit, 3-ft tall, how much easier can you get??), that's how bad it got. lol

In case I don't get back here again until after the holidays, I wish you all the very best Christmas ever. Peace be with you all! :-)

Terri
    (rofLoL)

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    I ordered some stuff from Becki and it arrived today. She also included a blessing and a penny. I did not realize she was my partner in this swap but I am very excited for spring to plant my penny.
    Her bonbons are wonderful and the boxes are great. DH was so impressed.
    We have both only had one of the decadent chocolate as they are huge and rich.
    I am so pleased to have them for the holidays. Thanks Becki.
    Hope everyone has a great holiday. I will try and get back to visit but with my Mother recovering from the hip surgery and my entire family heading here next week, it might be hard.
    Merry Christmas to all!!!
    diene

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Terri, Merry Christmas to you! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends!

Diene, those chocolates are wonderful aren't they?! Becki makes wonderful goodies! As a matter of fact I just used some of her raspberry chocolate preserves in my cookie making and Pixies Scottish Short Bread Recipe! They are very rich and delicious. A nice combination! I did cut out cookies with the kids and rolled out the shortbread on the thin side and then made star sandwich cookies with the filling. The look great! I will have to post a picture a little later!

Trina, the shortbread is WONDERFUL! Thank you so much for posting it! It is definitely the best I have made! YUM!

Becki, I love the raspberry chocolate preserves! I warmed it up a bit for easy spreading and the cookies Look really cute!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

These are the result of a collaborative effort from all my gardening friends! I love that we keep sharing ideas and recipes throughout the year! I never expected to meet so many smart, caring and sharing women here in these forums! I love that everyone shares so freely! Thank you Girls!

Shortbread Cookie Recipe: Pixie/Trina
    Chocolate Raspberry Preserves: Beckiluv/Becki
    Assembly: Tracy and Kids!

Collaboration is Priceless! LOL!

Becki, I didn't want to waste the small star cutouts from making the window stars so I dabbed a bit of preserves on the back and smooshed them onto the bigger stars. They remind me of a sheriff's badge. I'll have to remember that if we ever do a cowboy themed birthday party! LOL!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I love those, Tracy! And thank you both for the accolades on my stuff! You sure know how to make a girl blush! I've spent so much time making truffles to sell, I'm a bit burnt out! So, we'll see if there are any truffles on our own goodie trays this year. Only if I get really ambitious tomorrow! Okay, not quite true - Dave wanted me to try pairing my strawberry-kiwi preserves with chocolate, so I tried making some truffles (using molds, as the preserves wouldn't work for dipping!), with the preserves inside a Wilton chocolate candy coating shell, and he didn't care for it - bummer! Oh, well, Lily and I think they are pretty good. So, I'll put some on the tray to bring to my mom's, but probably won't use them as gifts, if they aren't that great!

OMG - I got the most wonderful compliment today! I've been making lots more fudge for gifts, and when I go to cut a pan of it, I always trim off the edges, so it looks neat. Well, of course the kids are always willing to take the "crusts" as they call them. Today, after a couple "crusts" each, William says, "Mom, thanks so much for making all this fudge! You're the best!" And then Dylan says, "I second that!" And Elizabeth said, "Me too!" It made me feel really good that they are so thankful just to be eating the scraps!!

Becki

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hey Girls!
    I'm off for a little Christmas break...won't be back until Wednesday. So I wanted to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope everyone has a safe & fun time!!! :O)

Melissa

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Becki, you should stand up and take a bow! You really do make wonderful foods! You are inspiring me to be a bit more creative. I love that the kids told you how great the fudge is! That is the best feeling isn't it? What good kids you have.

Merry Christmas to you too Miss Bunny! I will miss you! Have a wonderful break! Give the kids big hugs from all of us! Smooches!

Tracy

• galium
    16 years ago

Tracy-My DD's husband will be home tonight. He was coming back yesterday but she encouraged him to say over and rest.

I'm just finishing up today by making Chocolate Mousse. Everything else is done. My DH is going to vacuume...YEAH

I just wanted to wish all of you and your families:

Mariann

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I want to thank Sassy for the beautiful Christmas card and I love the blessing. Also can't wait to plant my penny, so will probably do that tomorrow!
    Our main Christmas with all the family is this evening, tomorrow will be quiet with just a nice small dinner.
    Merry Christmas everyone! Melinda

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Sad, but true, I did not get mine today:( Just wanted to let yas know.Maybe it will come Wens?.:)Anita

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas to you too Melinda!

Anita, I am so sad that you didn't receive your card and blessing in time for Christmas. I noticed that Jenn hasn't posted in awhile. I hope everything is ok with her. I would be thrilled to send you a garden blessing! Please email me with your addy!

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I received my card and blessing from pixie yesterday and did not read it until today.It was the best gift anyone could give another.Thank You so very much Trina..
    moonphase

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Been MIA for awhile but I wanted to wish each and everyone of you.....

JAYE

• galium
    16 years ago

We had a wonderful Christmas, at our house. DD and SIL arrived mid morning. We opened presents then had our big breakfast. My DD loved her jacket, she had tears in her eyes. I received several hand made gifts which I absolutely love. My family is soooo talented. That includes my SIL who takes a rough piece of wood and turns it into a treasure. We watched 'A Christmas Story' in the afternoon then stuffed ourselves with ham. I spoke with both of my sisters. My brother was visiting his wifes relatives.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.
    Mariann

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Mariann, I'm so happy you had a great time and hopefully everyone else did. Mine was just wonderful! Love it that you all are so talented, I used to cross-stitch but can't see to do it anymore:(

Terri..........I'm so sorry I've just gotten the chance to say thank you for your card & blessings, so many blessings!Thank you so much. I did get them, Christmas Eve but didn't get a chance to post on here. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas too:))

Hope you all had a great Christmas
    Sassy

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

I've been busy on the road, but popped in to wish you all a Happy New Year!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• roflol
    16 years ago

Sassy, very relieved that the card got there... I truly live through my email, not so much through the forum I guess, but figured I should check and see if there was any word and now I know it got there. lol, very relieved indeed.

I agree with ya, Annie, life is uber good. :-)

Here's wishing you all an early Happy New Year, planty peeps! :-D

Terri (rofLoL)

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Happy New Year!!!!!

Life is very good

All the best
    Frances

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Terri, hugs girl! So sorry I haven't been on the computer much, glad Christmas is over, even though it was wonderful! Hope everyone else's was too!

Haven't heard from anyone regarding hosting for Jan. and I really can't do it right now, so if anyone wants to, we need to get it going, if not, we'll pass on Jan. I guess.

Happy New Year everyone!

Sassy

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Thank you Jenn,
    I got my Card, blessing & penny on SAT, she also sent me a 2008 wildlife calendar.:)Anita
    HAPPPY NEW YEAR!