Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa thank you's and Games

Posted by flwrs4ever 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 10:30

PLEASE post here once the last thread is FULL ! Posting a tad early, so there is a thread available.

PLEASE, REMEMBER to go to rate and review forum and post for those that mailed to you...

I would like to thank each of you for always being SOO giving, and for making this swap what it is ...a wonderful way of GIVING in the spirit of the Holidays !!

~Merry Christmas !! ~Santa Kym

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa thank you's and Games

Merry Christmas Kym! Thanks so much for doing this swap! It has brought me great joy! zackey

o

hello
well it rilly looks like christmas out side now, snow and ice everywhere.
I also got a bunch of cards today

cryptid sent me a crocheted butterfly pin(love it) a keychain light, cosmic purple carrots, purple basil, cosmos, and radish watermelon.

farmgirl sent me black prince snapdragons, penstamen, and swan gourds.

ggwrn sent me green fennel, and extra curled parsley.

jaynine sent me snaps, amaranthus, and cosmos.

jas-il sent me bronze fennel, lav patunia, and ameranthus.

lysa39 sent me way too many( 12 packs)

nlb52 sent me rudbeckia cherry brandy.

thanks everyone, I'm overwhelmed.

michelle

o

I too am overwhelmed, you all are really awesome!

Today I received:
A cute angel cards with Nasturtium jewel mixed, Echinacea, and sage from Ellie (Farmergirl2009)

A very traditional card from sji1981 with lettuce, ruby red and Bronze fennel (colorful)

A santa card from Annie (canyon wind) with Santa Fe Peppers and cumin and pink oxheart tomato I will have to research all of this :)

A lovely stocking card with Mescun Mix, Cucumber, and oregano from Janine (jay nine)

Thank you all so much!!! Merry Christmas

Connie

o

jlee160, I love the little card! And thank you for all the flowers- datura, hibiscus, blackberry lily, lupine, AND orange/pink snapdragons!! Can't wait - there are ALL on my wish list.

jaynine, I love the winter scene, even if I know all that snow is not quite so romantic in real life ;) You gave me the #1 item I thought I'd NEVER get from my wish list- HENNA!!! totally excited :) Thanks also for the hyancinth bean vine and calendula 'neon' - that looks like it will be a fun color.

o

Okay,...now last night was just plain, flat out scary! We have a major Cedar treeline behind our house (just over a barbed wire fence, running all the way down the edge of a neighboring pasture) that got loaded up with enough snow for branches to snap and fall. A LOT of branches,...falling on storage sheds, homes and awnings. I mean it sounded like hunting season and someone out there with buck fever. i>Crack...crack...crack...! Our nextdoor neighbor, Nancy, for example, lost her awning and her storage shed took a hit. As for Elly and I, we got off extremely lucky (hey, I pray a lot). A maple branch landed behind our car, and a Cedar branch between us and our other nextdoor neighbor. That was it. "Whew!" The whole night-long event was so alarming, though, Elly & I decided maybe we should just move our car across the street and try sleeping in it,...which we did, until our autistic son, Roy, set up a whole big howl about it and we gave up and came back into the house. Then, around 10:30, quarter to 11:00pm or so, the power went out. Ordinarily, Roy would freak about that, too, but thankfully this time he did not (like I said, I pray a lot). With our heat pump out of comission, it got purdy dang cold in here, so we just piled-on the blankets. Power and heat finally came back on at 4:00am. Now, a warmer front is thankfully moving in and it's just going to rain over the next several days. Did I mention I do not particularly like snow anymore (well,...except on Christmas cards-n-such)?! - Here's a picture (taken by Elly)...

o

Cryptid, I'm glad to hear your power is back on. We had an ice storm several years ago with a similar experience. We were awake most of the night listening to branches cracking. Luckily we did not have any trees close enough to our house to hit it, but it was still very scary.

I've got more thanks to post. I received a card from plant-one-on-me (Kim) with black cherry hollyhock seeds. Jaynine sent rudbeckia cappuccino, cosmos cranberries and coreopsis roulette. Ellie Holm sent cosmos double click, digitalis mountains mixed, straw foxglove and white foxglove. rane-grow (Iris) sent celebration in pink cosmos and dark night hollyhock. Thank you all for the cards and more great seeds!

Ginger

o

More cards! SEEDS!

Many thanks to WonderWeasel for sending the golden jalepenos, tankanotsume peppers and mint and long Armenian cucumbers. Getting hungry here. Love the penguin card!

Much thanks to plant one on me for sending the yard long beans and the roma tomatoes. I hope they do as good for me! Love the snowflake card!

NLB-Nancy sent Mamouth sunflowers! and a cat card! I'll try to get a sunflower garden started in spring and then later plant some pole beans around them. Thanks, Nancy!

Hi Iris! Nice to hear from u. Thanks for the snowman card, 5 now, and the black pearl pepper seed. I could not get this one to grow much after germination last year. Now will try again.
Never heard of Vorlon or Sweet Beverly tomatoe, so now I will leave some space for those as well! I have a cousin named Beverly outside Grand Island, Ne so I might start her a few a plants as well, but I wont call her sweet!
best wishes, dd.

o

Another giving elf has sent my way....

Janine Aka Jaynine sent me a beautiful reindeer card with Zinnia Gumdrop Candy, Dianthus Carnation Grenadin Yellow and Cosmos Cranberries.

Janine, a very Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thank you so very much!!

Happy weekend!!

Annie

o

My mail box filled up while I was away visiting for a couple of days, and there was more in there than mere advertisements.
pumpkingal sent a pretty pine cone card with white Cleome seeds. Thank you Lisa! I am looking forward to lovely white spiders next summer.
nottoougly, Fay, sent lavender Ageratum, another from my list, in a sparkly ice skating card.
Thank you so much Fay!
Ruthz's silvery pine trees by a lake under a full moon card included Red Peter Pepper, Celosia cristata Burgundy and Ruellia purple, also on my list. Thank you Ruth!
Jaynine send a pretty card with a snowman welcoming guests to a pretty house with warmly glowing windows. The Ageratum "Red Sea", New Zealand Purple Castor Beans and Primula polyanthu seeds are all from my wish list and will be wonderful additions to next year's garden. Thank you Janine!

It's good to be home,
Alana

o

It always brings a big smile to find a Christmas card in the mail and getting them with seeds is just so much fun. Thank you to everyone for making this so enjoyable!

Santa came to my house yesterday and he brought cards with seeds oh ho ho.

Thank you Jim & Tonya - jimrider for the pretty card with tall purple amaranth. I am very excited to try these!

Katie - kchd sent a lovely card with black seeded simpson and rouge d'Hiver lettuce. I love growing lettuce and will be sowing both of these soon. Thank you!

o
Thanks Jaynine, rane_grow and katkini

I am truely gratefull to Jaynine, rane_grow, katkini for making this part of the reason for this holiday season. Your generosity is more than appreciated.

From rane_grow, I recieved Brandywine tomato seeds. From Jaynine I rec'ed Pink Pearl (Can't wait to plant this one) and more goodies.

Katkini, you certainly made my day. There were lots of great seeds. But my favorite is of course the White Coneflower. And of course my promise of Russian Sage. Can't wait.

Thank you all for making this the best time of year!

o

Wow, 2 more cards yesterday. Thank you Lisa (punkingal) for the red
bell pepper, sunflowers, sweet william and eggplant. Do you know what
variety the eggplant is????

From Cindy (alwayagarden), I received Gourmet Lettuce Mix, Black Beauty
Eggplant, and Broccoli. Thanks Cindy.

o

Ohhhh how scary cryptid, Glad you all are safe. Never have snow here, so I think I would freak out hearing that all night. Have a safe weekend.

o

Thanks Pumpkingal for the beautiful train card and the pepper and salvia seed!

The garden grows on!

Happy Christmas to ALL! dd

o

More thanks you's

I am overwhelmed with the genorosity of my fellow gardener's:

nottougly: Pink Ballon flower(have wanted these for a long time)

neohippie: cucumber, mustard greens, romaine lettuce,Adapazar King squash (can't wait to try this)
and a beauthful bat card which I will save for my grandson I love that it has educational info on it.

katkni: joe pye weed, aster, anise hyssop, mustard tendergreen, epazote, blue corn, lemon basil, sunflower,
parsley, african marigold, snowpeas, lunaria.

Merry Christmas all

margarita10

o

I'm behind with my thank yous:

Janine(Jaynine) sent me R. "Cappucino", Oriental Poppy "Beauty of Livermore" (looked it up - absolutely stunning) and "Orange King" zinnia.
Nancy (NLB52) sent me seeds for black ornamental grass - can hardly wait to see what it grows up to be.
Linda (roper2008) sent "Captain Lucky" tomato (love to try new tomatoes), Zebrina Malva and large pink zinnias.
Faye (notougly) sent an ornamental grass mixture - it will be fun to see what sprouts up, and black-eyed susan.

Thank you all!

o

Two more cards!! :)

Melinda (ilovefarac) sent Mesclun Mix and Bibb lettuce, on my wish list!! cute sleigh card too.

Iris (ran_grow) sent the cutest birdhouse card with Danver half long carrots and blooms dale longstaning spinach. I cannot wait until Spring. This really brightens me up, the ice and snow here this week has been no fun. I keep looking out my window at my garden. I spent two hours today organizing seeds so I can start by blueprint of where to plant everything.

o

A Huge thank you goes to Smokymist/Cheryl for the absolutely adorable snowman card! And Chinese red noodle yard long beans (Yeah!), jap. mg (Yeahs!) and 3 columbines-canadense, bluebonnets, and pink barlow! I am thrilled. Thank you so very much! Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas! Oh and some cosmos! Thanks again!
A lovely nativity scene card from Annie/canyonwind. She sent Orange King calendula (Yeah!), Fordhook giant chard (Yeah!) and large amt. of poppy mix! Can't wait to see goodies in that! Thanks so much! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

o

cryptid, I'm glad you and your family are ok! That looks really scary!

I got a cute card today with snow flakes on it from plant-one-on-me with pupmkin pie seeds, my hubby was commenting around October how he wished we had grown some of them! and some dill seeds. Thanks for thinking of me! zackey

o

thanks to all it has been a wonderful experience!
Lisa(punkingal) Love the train card and the milkweed and amaranthus
Ruth very nice card and the sticker ensured that the seeds arrivedintact Milkweed, amaranth and salvia
Janine jaynine I am very excited about the Tennessee dancing gourds. that one of the last of my wishes now fulfilled!portulaca and butterfly weed also appreciated
Kim (plantoneonme)Roma tomatoes black cherry hollyhock and nice snowflake card two new varieties for my garden!
margarita10 cosmos and better boy tomatoes
kathy (katkni)so generous Joe Pye weed,sunflower,fennel,coneflower,parsley,african marigold
Jen (jlee160) Your card is a work of art and you really outdid yourself blackedsusan,bombastpoppy,hibiscus,coneflower,amaranthus,pink hollyhock,dill,zinnia
Iris(rane_grow) hollyhock and purple beefstoce tomatoes
Shirley(sji1981)marigold and fennel
Thanks so much to each of you I am overwhelmed by the generousity and can not wait till spring or even a little wintersowing

o

More thank yous.

I received a beautiful card from Cryptid. In it was a beautiful butterfly made by his wife Elly. Seeds of white icicle radish, touchon carrot, medium pink columbine, cosmos sulphureus (my favorite), and a LED keychain light. Thanks for everything.

From risinsun I received a beautiful puppy Christmas card. In it Sierra Gold cantaloupe, Sensation white purity cosmos (for my red and white garden) Thanks for everything.

From Farmergirl2009 I received a Christmas tree card. In it were two dianthus, "strawberry parfait and red, red, rose (will go in my red and white garden). Double click cosmos, poppy "Daneborg Lace", penstemon "Violet Dusk", columbine dark purple, and Helianthus double click. Thanks for everything.

o

I received another card today, yay! From vajeff with bradley tomato, brussels sprouts long island improved and cucumber improved long green. Thank you!

o
bingo

BINGO WORDS ARE............

merry christmas
bethlehem
candy canes

o

After a 12-hour day of delivering today's and yesterday's mail, it was a very relaxing thing to come home to more cards with seeds. We had a huge storm blow through the area and not mail was delivered yesterday because everyone, including the road commission, was still digging out. I can proudly say though that the mail is in the box today!
From Brandi/risinsun came an awesome card with a cute little black-n-white puppy dragging bells through the snow. I'm going to put this one the cat food cabinet so the kids can enjoy it year round! In the card Brandi sent jack o'lantern pumpkins, sweet basil, and 3 types of morning glories. THANK YOU BRANDI!!!

Melinda/ilovefarac sent straightneck squash, jack o'lantern pumpkins, crackerjack marigolds, heavenly blue and george strait morning glories. I've never heard of GS mgs, so I looked them up, and wow! They are purdy! (that's a picture of them in this post) THANK YOU MEL!!!

Jeff/VaJeff sent New England pie pumpkins, Florida giant watermelon, cucumbers, and knee-high red zinnias in some great looking cat wrappers. Jeff, where did you find these? They're awesome! THANK YOU JEFF!!!

And now, I think I'm going to go pour myself a bit of a wine cooler to take the edge off the day. Have a great night everyone!

Dan

o

I received a beautiful card today from canyonwind-Annie. She sent 3 awesome packs of seeds. Santa Fe Grande peppers. Can't wait to stuff and grill those! Also, Pink oxheart tomato,they look really cool & Stump of the world tomato. Wow those are huge, and I read they taste amazing. I can't wait to see them all growing!
Thank you so much Annie~ Merry Christmas

o

Cryptid, stories like that make me want spring and no snow.

Yesterday was a wonderful day here. My son and daughter in law moved to Texas from South Carolina last March. They flew in for our daughter's wedding in June and since Alex has a new job, we won't see him again until we travel to Texas over the summer, or so I thought. They surprised us by showing up in town yesterday!!!!!! Her parents knew and picked them up at the airport late Thursday. We had absolutely no clue they were coming. A mother could not be any happier than I am at this time. The kids will all be here on Christmas morning together. Yes there really is a Santa Claus.

Now to my list of wonderful cards that have arrived. I obviously did not get a chance in the excitement to list yesterdays arrivals. A BIG thanks to

Jen for the Nasturtium, kohlrabi, supersweet 100's, pink 4 Oclocks, and luffa gourd.
Ellie for the homemade, (adorable) card containing red 4 o'clocks, coral nymph sage, coleus, nasturtium, and cherry brandy rudbeckia.
Amanda for the Pumpkin squash, cucumber, super snow white tomato
Janine for the 4 oclocks, cosmos, and tomato
Faye cotton seeds and eyeball plant
Lisa for the wild pampass grass and eyeball plant
Ginger for the chocolate cherry tomato, 4 oclocks, and toothache plant
Melinda for the 4 oclocks
Jeff for the cucumber, eyeball plant, and pumpkin in the beautiful handmade seed packets
Iris for the sweet Beverley cherry tomato
and to Cryptid for the cute handmade Christmas card with white 4 oclocks, yellow 4 oclocks, kaleidoscope 4 oclocks, and white poppy. Thank you also for the handy little light keychain and a big thanks to Elly for the beautiful butterfly pin which will be doubling as a Christmas ornament on the tree for right now so I can see it there each day.

Thank you to everyone who has made this holiday special with the wonderful collection of seeds. I know my garden will be absolutely abundant with beauty and food bounty.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Margo

o

Margo, that's just awesome about the kids being there for christmas! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Tomorrow I'm heading out to have a christmas dinner with my parents, two of my sisters, and one my nephews is coming with his family too I think. It's all happening out at my younger sister's house, and it's just too kewl for words. There were two sets of kids in my family, the older three, then +8 years later me and my younger sister. We were always a team growing up, but the last few years she's been working for the mayo clinic out in minnesota, and we haven't been able to spend much time together. But, she moved back to the area this past september with her two german shepherds, and not only do I get to spend time with her, but I've got a new "nephew" and "niece" to spoil...lol!
Enjoy your family, I know I'm going to enjoy time with mine tomorrow.

g'nite.
Dan

o

Thanks to Smokymist for the snowman card! And red yard long noodle beans, cayenne peppers, mountain beans, heirloom Amish yellow tomatoe and the BIRDHOUSE gourds! I sure hope the birds like em! thanks, dd.

o

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 10:33

Wow more cards! Thank you and Merry Christmas to...

Jaynine - for love in a mist, aster september ruby, salvia pentstemon - I look forward to growing some of these in the library garden that I adopted.

Ilovefarac - salvia greggi hot pink, burgundy gailardia - there is a nice sunny spot in my garden where these should be happy.

Farmergirl2009 - lupin tutti frutti and pink and white, pentstemon violet dusk - Such a pretty card, and I can't wait to grow new lupin and penstemon!

Rane_grow - tennesee britches tomato - these tomatoes will be an extra special treat for my husband who is a huge Tennessee Volunteers fan, yay!

Always a garden - penstemon tenuis, rocky mountain pentstemon, portulaca magic carpet - I love penstemon, and portulacea will be a new adventure for me.

o

The envelopes were made using a template from http://maggiewang.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/SeedEnvelope_large_blank.pdf that I cut and resized in a program called Gimp. I then found images of vintage and victorian Christmas cards on Google; copy, paste, resize, print. They would have been great for cards if I could have found them in a better quality - they turned out a bit pixelated when blown up to card size. I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Yesterday I received a card from Michelle (detroitgirl77) that included "Parris Island" lettuce and "Roma VF" tomatoes. The Roma's are just what I needed for salads, and so is the lettuce! The lettuce is known for its sweet taste and disease tolerance (according to Burpee) - perfect! Thank you, Michelle!

o

Wow ! I am so overwhelmed with all the lovely cards and seeds I have sitting in front of me ! and I hope you all forgive me, my dear better half decided he would " help " me display the cards and so now some of the cards do not have the seeds inside and I might get some of these thank yous mixed up , so sorry, I hope you all know how much I appreciate each and everyone and the seeds you have shared with me.

A big thank you to Darrin / Cryptid and his sweet wife Elly who sent a beautiful crocheted butterfly pin with Box Car Willie tomato, Chinese Giant pepper, Little Dorrit Sunflower and Cinnamon Basil ! love them all !!

And a special thank you to Melinda / Ilovefarac who sent me so many lovely seeds - Armenina yard long and Marketmore cucumbers,Creme Brulee and Top Sirloin , Salad Bowl lettuce, bloomsdale Spinach,Blue Curled Scotch kale, Black Beauty Zuke, Enchantress and Giant Cactus Zinnia, Crackerjack Marigolds, Albino Bullnose, Corno di Toro Giallo and Sweet Banana peppers and Cucuzzi Lagenaria Siceraria ! Wow !

Also, thank you so much to Kathy / Katkni, sent ... here goes !! lol - lemon basil,grand rapids lettuce, joe pye weed, asters, parsley, lunaria, two lobed larkspur, epazote,african marigold, plains coreopsis, marketmore cukes , cactus zinnia and anise hyssop ! My garden is going to be bountiful for sure !

I hope I have this right ...thank you to Faye / Nottougly for the Flowering Kale and Zucchini ? I am sorry , this is one of the cards that got separated from the seeds ?

Thank you to Janine / Jaynine for the Chinese Giant pepper, Benary's Giant zinnia and the Pistou basil !

I hope you all have a Safe and Merry Christmas, my son will be here and we will also be spending part of the day with our Grandbaby Ava celebrating her First Christmas, what a joy she is !

Iris

xoxox

o

I received a very pretty nativity scene card yesterday from Annie (canyonwind) that contained ornamental kale Sunrise, sunflower Irish Eyes, and fenugreek--all of which I am delighted to have! Thanks, Annie.

o

Yesterday I got 3 cards from:
redthreaddiy/Katie~Thank you very much for the Lemon Catnip, 'Sungold' tomato & Sweet Alyssum 'Royal Carpet' and the cute teddy bear card.
jas_il/Jasmine~a very pretty card, a winter's evening sleigh ride, that held lavender petunia, Sweet Alyssum 'Royal Carpet Pink' and Sweet Alyssum 'Oriental Nights purple'. Thank you Jasmine.
poisondartfrog/Alana~Eucalyptus 'Silver Drop', Rudbeckia hirta 'Toto Lemon' & Sweet Alyssum 'Aphrodite Lemon' were enclosed in a holiday card perfect for a gardener! I'm thrilled; thanks so much.
I hope you all have a happy Christmas!
Janine

o

detroitgirl77 (Michelle) sent Mr. Stripey Tomato and Long Slim Cayennes! I've been wanting these for a while, thank you so much!

ilovefarac (Melinda) sent Rose 'Joseph's Coat' and Zebra Grass. Thank you! I am especially excited about the Joseph's Coat rose - it looks gorgeous!

o

So sorry for not post my many cards I have recieve from all the gardener on here.

Roper2008 - Double french marigold,Jigsaw pepper,Nu Mex Halloween pepper,Danver half long carrots.

Detroitgirl77-Red Bhut Jolukia (ghost pepper),Yellow Pear tomato

SJC48- Marigold orange duble,Fullers teasel,Yellow Columbine,

Gardngramma-Giant Zinnia,Marigold,Roseheart Daikon radish,Zucchini,Bacherlor button.

Xiangirl- Lemondrop Marigold,Gaillardia pulchella,2 Marigold French Double,Autumn beauty Sunflower,Mexican Hat.

The Kensll- Sweet Peasapril in paris and cupani,Carnival blend carrots,Jewel tone Beets,Easter egg Radish.

Onedaylily- Salvia Carradone,Eyeball plant,Petunia Rainmaster.

Debby-1 - Marigold Queen Sophia,Oatgrass

Paulan70- Giant Marigold mix,Petunia mix.

Sandysoil-2008 - Marigold Queen Sophia

Hibisscusfan- Leopard's Bane, Silphium perfdiatum Cup Plant.

More to come.

o

So sorry for not post my many cards I have recieve from all the gardener on here.

Roper2008 - Double french marigold,Jigsaw pepper,Nu Mex Halloween pepper,Danver half long carrots.

Detroitgirl77-Red Bhut Jolukia (ghost pepper),Yellow Pear tomato

SJC48- Marigold orange duble,Fullers teasel,Yellow Columbine,

Gardngramma-Giant Zinnia,Marigold,Roseheart Daikon radish,Zucchini,Bacherlor button.

Xiangirl- Lemondrop Marigold,Gaillardia pulchella,2 Marigold French Double,Autumn beauty Sunflower,Mexican Hat.

The Kensll- Sweet Peasapril in paris and cupani,Carnival blend carrots,Jewel tone Beets,Easter egg Radish.

Onedaylily- Salvia Carradone,Eyeball plant,Petunia Rainmaster.

Debby-1 - Marigold Queen Sophia,Oatgrass

Paulan70- Giant Marigold mix,Petunia mix.

Sandysoil-2008 - Marigold Queen Sophia

Hibisscusfan- Leopard's Bane, Silphium perfdiatum Cup Plant.

More to come.

o
bingo

I think almost everyone chose "Santa Kym" On their bingo card, so I feel like today is the perfect time to use it :)

Bingo words are ...

Santa Kym
pumpkin pie
Cookies
jolly

Wishing you ALL a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

o

I have done reviews for everyone who has sent to me, thank you all so much.
The only one I didn't do if Ellie, I saved the card but not the envelope so I don't know her GW name. If anyone can tell me then I will do her review because she was awesome!!

o

I received a few more cards:

crypid: Carrot-Tonda di parigi, Petite Sweet, Little finger & columbine. A beautiful croceted butterfly made by his wife Elly (this is my second one I save them all) and an LED keychain.

jas-il: Romain lettuce, Ruby Red lettuce, coleus.

ilovefarac: Morning glory George Strait & Kikyo red speckled, Corno di Toro pepper, cucumber Armenian yard long, cucumber tendergreen & Mustard Florida broadleaf.

rane-grow: Spagehetti Squash & Tromboncino Squash(looking forward to this one)

Many thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

margarita10

o

Thanks goes out to Ellie for the nice card and seeds of scabiosa Black Knight and Ivory. Also calendula Neon, Pink Surprise and Porcupine. Love them all!

Nottougly sent a card with goatsbeard. Been wanting that, thanks Faye!

Jaynine sent a card with Neon Calendula, Coreopsis Roulette, and Black Knight scabiosa. Thanks Janine!

o

Got a pretty Christmas tree card from SandySoil 2008 (Sheila) with blue bachelor buttons and Queen Sophia marigolds, and katkini (Kathy) sent a father Christmas card with pink forgetmenots, helichrysum, purple snapdragons, lunaria, state fair mix zinnias and balsam. Granddaughters are thrilled, don't know whether to be dismayed or happy about the white Christmas we are getting. Thanks very much Sheila and Kathy.

o

Oops, missed a couple of things. Katkini also had sent cleome in her card, and got a snowflake card from Kim (plant-one-on-me) with dill in it, which I am always desparate to get for my pickles. Many many thanks.

o

I get a cute snowman card with a cute blue bird on it (blue bird of happiness) from jimryder today with red cypress vine, yeah! Detroit beets, white wonder cucumbers, Boothlays blonde cucumber, muncher cucumber. Thanks so much! Merry Christmas!

o

cryptid, sent me pretty snowman card with Butterfly pin made with crochet (wow pretty love it), led light key chain (wow), snow peas, baby's breath pink,Alyssum gold dust and oriental poppy mixed. Love them all and can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much. Very excited about these seeds.

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 15:24

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!
Many thanks to these folks for the cards and seeds:
Melinda/ilovefarac - marigold bolero (need to google this!), sweet basil, basil genovese and sedum autumn joy - Oh joy!
Ginger/ggwrn - orange profusion zinnias (YAY!), cleome rocky mountain, tithonia and basil Christmas - new to me!
Jeff/vajeff - buddleia Black Knight (thank you!), thithonia and cleome. Might not ever have to buy cleome again!
Thanks everyone! Have a great day tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

I received a card from keiki with Moonstuck Marigold. Thanks Keiki.

o

neohippie - sent me peace on earth dove card with 6 types of seeds. These are Romain Lettuce red, Rattlesnake Pole bean, Bell pepper emrald giant, Hot pepper lemon drop, Basil Ms. burns lemon and Boothby's blonde. Basil and cucumber variety is new to me and really excited about them. Love them all can't wait to try them. Thank you so much.

Nottoughly - sent me pretty glittery card with Alysum Royal carpet and clematis Fireworks (wow). Can't wait to try them specially clematis. Thanks a lot

ilovefarac - sent me Alysum Royal carpet, Carnation Chabad giant, Lobelia crystal palace. Love them all and these are my favorites. Thank you so much.

rane_grow - sent me nice snowman card with Melrose pepper and cowlick's brandywine tomato. Thank you so much.

Keiki - sent me nice lilly card with yellow dwarf marigold and moonstruck marigold (searched for info and looks pretty). I love Marigold and plant every year. Thank you so much.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 20:44

Merry Christmas to everyone.
We're expecting snow tomorrow, so it will be a white Christmas for us this year.
I seem to have about 6 cards that didn't make to their new homes yet.
Hopefully they aren't lost and will arrive soon.

o

Suzanne (hibiscusfan) sent me a pretty homemade card with snowflakes. She enclosed Rudbeckia Indian Summer and My Castle lupine. Both on my wish list - thank you!
Sheila

o

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!
Stay safe out there and may the power stay on for you all! :)

o

Today I got a card from socalgardengal/Christine and it made me smile during a time that can be somewhat sad for me. Thank you.
sandysoil_2008/Sheila sent such a pretty card that included seeds for 'Purple Wave' Petunia. Love them.
Have a happy holiday!

o

o

Darn! Ann (canyonwind) sent a letter, but it was totally ripped up, and all I got was the front of the envelope with a partial name on it! Thanks for the thought anyways Ann :) Too bad I couldn't get the seeds/card that came with it! Merry Christmas!

o

Holy katz,...I/we received another card today! From Robin (Keiki): A wonderful, fanciful frosty red flowerish card with "Marigold - "Moonstruck" (BIG 4"- 4 1/2" extra purdy yellow flowers) and "Peter Pepper" (Oooo,...gonna grow these puppies out back, in shielded containers! LOL!) - Keiki, thank you so very much, for the card and seeds! Wishing you a terrific, warm, happily memorable Christmas and healthful, prosperous new year! Happy, happy gardening!

o

Merry Christmas!

Thank you Janine (jaynine) for the card and seeds. She sent me morning glory early call chocolate, amaranthus coral fountain and tom thumb lettuce. I tried tom thumb before but the seeds never germinated so I am excited to try again. The chocolate morning glory and amaranthus were high on my wish list so I am very happy. Thank you!

I see my cards are starting to arrive, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed getting mine. I really want to thank everyone for making this so much fun!

o

Today I received a card with sweet basil and romaine lettuce from jas_il/Jasmine. THANK YOU.

o

Yesterday I received four more cards.

I received a beautiful card from keiki and in it were two packs of seeds. Blue pea vine and pink salvia.

I received a card with a beautiful winter scene from jas_il. In it was white petunia and Siberian blues dianthus.

I received a beautiful Christmas card from socalgardengal.

The fourth card I received from ilovefarac. It was a Santa card with the following seeds inside: golden California poppies, columbine dragonfly mix, ironweed, Hales' Best cantaloupe, sparkler radish, skyscraper sunflowers, and cherry belle radishes.

Thanks to all of you for everything.

o

We had three inches of snow here yesterday and Dawn/lexiegurl's card looked right at home--a snowman with his Christmas tree.

Inside the card were three types of seeds from my wishlist: Amish Paste tomato (wow), Ananas Noire tomato (double wow) and Red Ruby lettuce (how appropriate!). Sounds like a great salad to me.

Merry Christmas Dawn and everyone!

Betsy

o

I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank a lot of wonderful people for the cards and seeds I received. I will put them to good use starting as soon as tomorrow. For the seeds I can winter sow, I have been gathering my milk jugs and will start planting and setting them out on my porch after work tomorrow.

Thank you Kym for another great year of Christmas cheer!

Thank you also for the most wonderful gifts to:

salsa canner
detroitgirl77
Lekennedy4
Lisa831
Dem pa
ishareflowers
jaynine
RuthZ
wonder weasel
lexiegurl
risinsun

I would have written to you all earlier with my thanks but decided to wait until today to open my gifts for the coming gardening season. I will put them to good use for myself, family, neighbors and those in need of some good, wholesome, organic produce.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone and a healthy, prosperous, Happy New Year!

Plant-one-on-me
Kim

o

Thanks Keiki for the nice card and the two marigolds! Merry Christmas ALL, dd!

o

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

This past Saturday I recieved 2 more lovely cards and fantastic seeds from these very kind gardeners!

clipclop- Linda
canyonwind- Ann

Thank you both so much!!

o

Y'know what, I was figurin' t'post somethin' tonight,...but then I done changed my mind (LOL!). Merry Christmas everyone!!! :)

o

I just got a cute Christmas card from Lexiegirl. It has a little Santa bear pulling a sled full of presents. It brightened my dreary day! She sent me Black Beauty squash, I can't wait to try this one!, garlic chives, sounds good for a salad, Georgia collards, me and the chickens thank you for them!, Bloomsdale spinach, Yeah!, and Diciccio broccoli, that sounds tasty! Thanks for making my day better!

o

Another card! Beautiful flower card from Keiki! Had a mix of yellow and burgundy gaillardia! Thank you so very much!

o

Thank you so much Keiki! She sent a a pretty glittery poinsettia card with Giant Milkweed (I love giant ANYTHING, so this should be interesting!), Moonstruck Marigold (never heard of it, but it sounds awesome!), Blue Pea Vine (this looks gorgeous!), 4 o'clocks (pink with white splash, I have never grown 4 o'cocks before but I'm excited to try them. I heard they turn into bulbs that can be stored over the winter here!), Randia (Blackberry Jam Fruit, have never heard of this but am very excited to try it), and Carambda - Kari (will have to research this!) Thank you so much for your generosity and all of the seeds - they are all new for me so I can't wait to sow them this spring. Thank you thank you!

o

I recieved another card today this time from redthreadyDIY/Katie and she included a bunch of tomato seeds which are red brandywine, yellow brandywine, caspian pink, gold metal, and aussie. Some of these I have never heard of. i cant wait to try them out. And then there was also navet de vertus marteau tunip and then a zinnia envy and a zinnia thumblina mix.

Thank you katie I cant wait to try these out.

Paula

o

Hi everyone , hope you had a grate Christmas .
I had some trouble with my net yesterday and it messed up the thank yous , and i had already put all my cards togeather , sooo!!! here is another thankyou list to all the grate healpers out there that made my Christmas a little brighter .
jaymime - mossRose, foxglove, and balsum
redthreaddiy-tricolor daisy,mossrose,and strawflower
jimryder-strawflower,mossrose
clipclop-dipper gourd, apple gourd
nottougly-foxglove, scarlet flax
Holm-speckled swan gourd
nibiscusfan-balsam
dem-pa-amaranthus,balsam,mexican sunflowers,mossrose,
columbine-grannys bonnet,
thanks again , and may you have a safe and Happy New Year.

o

More cards today!
Thank you Keiki for the Peter Pepper and Giant Milkweed. I am really looking forward to growing these! I can't wait.
canyonwind, Annie, thank you for Frank's Pepper (I am going to have to look this one up) and tomatoes Matina and Stump of the World. Spring will be here soon and I will be growing both of these. Thank you!
Alana

o

Received even more seeds on Christmas eve. What a wonderful swap this has been with so many generous garden friends. Thanks to

Jasmine for the coleus and cherry brandy rudbeckia
Keiki for the 4 O'clocks
Dawn for the tomato, supersweet and red cherry, and the spaghetti squash.

Snow here with blizzard conditions but it really isn't that bad. Not much snow at all but the roads are pretty icy. Just need to remember to drive slow.

Margo

o

Katie (Redthreaddiy)....oh my....your card and seeds got eatten up???? I will be sending another surprise out your way!!

I do hope everyone had a delightful Christmas day.

Happy Wednesday evening to all!

Annie

o

Today I received a card with moonstruck marigold seeds in it from Keiki. Just looking up the pictures online brightened my day. Thank you Robin! -Dan

o

Canyonwind - it's OK, it's the thought that counts. And, I saw that you put 2 stamps on it, so it definitely should have gotten here OK! I think there was just so much mail during the holidays that it got ripped up. Thank you :)

I will be spending all week finishing my cards to send. Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

o

I received one card on Monday. Janine (Jaynine) sent another lovely card with Anise, Ms. Burns's Lemon Basil and Chocolate Stripes Tomatoes. My garden will be overflowing this year! Thanks again, Janine!

--Jordan (WonderWeasel)

o

And the cards keep pouring in! Thank you to Keiki for the basil and marigolds. And thank you to WonderWeasel for the Butterscotch Lettuce, Lime Basil, Cinnamon Basil (my mouth is watering) and Space Saver Cucumbers. We will be eating well this summer. I love cucumber sandwiches.

o

Another card received! Kathy (orgogal) send dwarf Zinnia and blue Nigella. I haven't grown Nigella so I'm looking forward to see it in flower. Thank you.

o

Hi Everybody!

I'm afraid I got all caught up in the holiday festivities, and have kind of lost track of all the wonderful cards and seeds people have sent me. My mantle is just full of cards, and I'm sorting through the pile of seeds I got from all you generous people!

So... THANK YOU EVERYBODY WHO SENT ME CARDS AND SEEDS! I've got all kinds of great tomatoes, tomatillos, melons, basil... YAY!

Hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas, and have a Happy New Year!

o

Katie (RedThreadDIY)....Of course, I would resend!!! I just popped a bubbler in the mail with a few things you might enjoy!

Happy day to all. Be safe!!!

Annie

o

Two more cards.

Yesterday I received a winter scene Christmas card and the following seeds in the bubble mailer: Tiger's eye bush beans, Appaloosa bush beans, Copenhagen market cabbage, valentine lettuce and nigella blues. Thanks so much.

Today I received a Santa card with the following seeds inside: Bibb lettuce, purple top turnip, Ferry's round Dutch cabbage, blue lake pole bean, Hale's Best jumbo cantaloupe, Sierra Gold cantaloupe, Kitchen King bush beans. Thanks so much.

o

Thank you Lois for the tree peony and rose seeds!!I loved the card with the cats in the tree-so cute:)

o

Working on my Rates and Reviews. I received so many wonderful cards, it is taking a little while.

I truly had tons of fun in the swap and thanks again to Kym for all her hard work to do this just for us. A big round of applause goes to you.

Margo

o

Received a cute little snowman card today from sandysoil,thanks Sleile , love the marigolds , they are a pretty color , (looked them up)

o

I received a fun card from Christine/socalgardengal with a Marlin powered Santa boat.
Thank you Christine, and you are welcome!
Alana

o
bingo

BINGO WORDS

Sorry I missed yesterday, I got the flu for Christmas..my son came home from college with it, and this is the first time I have gotten out of bed. I owe thank yous, and want everyone that sent to me that It is SOO appreciated !! I kept everything to open on Christmas because I knew I wasnt getting anything this year...I hope to open them in the morning and promise to post ! I hope everyone is healthy and had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

BINGO WORDS ..........

CANDYCANE
HOLIDAYS
TINSEL
SEASON
Candles

o

I received a beautiful card from keiki today! Included were Necklace pod, Clitoria blue pea vine and Pink and white splash 4 O'clocks! Such beautiful flowers all of them, Thank you sooo much Robin!! Happy New Year!!

Happy to see people are receiving my Thank you cards, it's the least I can do. But now that I'm learning about swaps and saving seeds I will be looking forward to sharing in this swap next year. Now if I can get at least most of these seeds to grow, I'll be a very happy camper!
Where do I rate everyone? Is it on their member page? Thank you for the help :)

o

Mamy thanks to Lexiegurl for the snowman card and garlic chives, taxi tomatoe, yum, blue lake pole beans, black krim, tommy toe and Matts wild cherry tomatoes. Some new ones to try! thanks, dd.

o

Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 19:36

I want to thank Keiki for the marigold Moonstruck seeds and pretty card! Googled these and they look beautiful, thanks, Keiki!
Shirley!

o

I wasn't expecting any more cards, but I got a bubble envie from
Kathy (orogal). Thank you so much for the hummer seed Cerinthe,
orange fantasia chard, Lettuce Rouge D'Hiver and Bloody Butcher
tomato. I can't wait til spring now...

Linda

o

I have 2 more thank yous to post. Keiki sent porterweed and giant milkweed (I had never heard of that, I can't wait to try it). Ilovefarac (Melinda) sent Zinna polar bear, violet queen and scarlet flame and mixed foxglove. Thank you both very much for the cards and seeds.
Like Ruthz I sent a few cards that don't seem to have made it yet. I hope they are not lost in the mail.

Ginger

o

Yesterday I received another fun envelope from cryptid-Darrin. He sent pizzicato dwarf poppies, california poppies, picotee cosmos (mine froze before they made seeds) and marble red/white 4 o'clocks (triple clap). His wife crocheted a beautiful butterfly pin and he included a keychain light. Fun to the maximum! Thank you so much!
Heidi

o

I have been out for a week and need to catch up on my thank yous! I really hope people are still reading the thread, especially these 3. I sure hope I haven't missed anyone. If you've been waiting to hear from me, send me an email to check in! I'm digging through my mail pile this weekend.

redthreaddiy - so many seeds! 6 kinds of sauce tomatoes, black plum, s (sausage, amish paste, chico III, bellestar, opalka, black plus) and a salad tomato (banana legs), broccoli raab and bloody dock!! and so many flowers from my wish list - snapdragons, hyacinth bean vine, hibiscus, lupine and black berry lily. THANK YOU- I would be embarrassed to ask for as much as you send ;)

ilovefarac - thank you! I love snapdragons, and this is yet another variety I don't have. And last year dahlias were my favorite unsolicited secret santa seed so I think I added them to my list this year- if not, you read my mind :) because I totally forgot to collect seeds this year. I will post my favorite garden photo with a pink dahlia.

alwaysagarden, you gave me the items that I didn't have room for on my wish list! I realized too late that I didn't have much luck with KMOTGG, and don't have any seeds left. And salsify is one of the seeds that I have been wanting to try. Penstemon is a plant I bought on clearance at the garden center, and forgot about until the next year and wondered what that beautiful plant was, so I can't wait to plant some more :)

o

Like Zackey, yesterday I too received a sparkly, cute "...Santa bear pulling a sled full of presents" card from Dawn (Lexiegurl)! She included the following seeds: Rutger's Select Tomato "Plant produces heavy yields of 7 oz red tomatoes. Tomatoes are very flavorful. Excellent for slicing, sauce, and paste. Good canning variety. Disease Resistant." Totally sounds like my kind of tomato! / Bloomsdale Spinach - Excellent choice! Totally looking forward to growin' them greens! / Fish Pepper - Yeah baby! Totally from my wish list! / Black Beauty Eggplant - Solid performing heirloom, from 1902. Definitely growing eggplant this coming season! - Dawn, thank you so very much! You absolutely brightened Elly's and my day as well! :)

o
dahlias & larkspur

This is the dahlia I got from last year's Santa swap, and the larkspur that was part of what I shared this year, also received in a GW swap.

The thunbergia was what I grew in place of the hyacinth bean vines because I gave all those seeds away, but you guys have taken care of that ;) I'm pretty sure the thunbergia is an annual here, and I didn't see that it went to seed so there will be room for the hyacinth beans next year.

o

I received 2 more cards and seeds this week.

Risinsun sent an adorable puppy pulling bells on a rope in the snow with orange tendersweet watermelon, desert king yellow watermelon, cypress white vine, mini orange morning glory and scarlet o'hara morning glory. Thank you so very much! I look forward to growing these in my garden in 2013 :)

Cryptid sent me a beautiful handmade card with snowmen and glitter snowflakes along with purple petra basil, white linen california poppy, mixed colors oriental poppy, charentais cantaloupe, a handy dandy LED light keychain and a beautiful crotched yellow butterfly pin (that I wore on Christmas Eve to a family event). Cryptid, always nice interacting with you. Thank you very much! All these will be put to use. :)

o

Katkni-that is a lovely pic! I hope you enjoy the ones I sent! Hope everyone on here has a wonderful New Year and lots of new beauties and veggies to enjoy! So wish I could have sent to everyone! But finances just don't allow it anymore!
I just want everyone to know how I choose the people I send to. I go through the lists and if have something they are asking for I write their name down. Then I decide how many I can send and then pull that many names out of the bowl. I do a couple that are close to me as friends and the rest are pulled from the bowl. It always makes me feel sad that I miss some of the people I really like, but makes it fair for me that way. I'd send to all if I could!
This is my best swap and love reading all about the new things people get and enjoy! It truly is the spirit of giving and love and this swap does that for me!
Thank you Kym for such a wonderful swap and the work you do for it yearly. I do hope you feel better soon!

o

hello
what a great swap this year, thank you to everyone that sent out cards, sorry if I didnt get thank yous to everyone, my list got lost. this swap is the perfect way to celebrate this time of year, I love it.
hears to the best swapers in the world
HUGGS
michelle

o

I will work on updating rate and reviews this weekend. I really enjoyed the swap and look forward to next year's version.
I too would have liked to send to everyone. Like Melinda, I go through and find people whose wants I have and send to those. If I have a few seeds that several people want, I pick a name at random to receive them. If I have time and seeds and postage left, I go back and dig a little deeper into lists. Kym does such a great job coordinating everything that it all seems to work out.
Thanks again, and Happy New Year!
Alana

o

Many thanks to Orgo gal for all the seeds! She sent Lemon drop pepper,cayenne pepper, sweet spanish mammoth pepper.
Apaloosa bean and ojo de tigre bean.
Black krin and yellow brandwine tomatoe.
Outredgeous lettuce and Vietnamese speckled butternut squash. thanks very much.
I wish it was late spring, so I could get some of the SS seed germinating. Maybe I will be able to till the garden soon. peace, HAPPY NEW YEAR! dd

o

I thought I posted this already, but don't see it:
Many thanks to alwaysagarden/Cindy for the holiday card and seeds of Shasta Daisy, Evening Primrose and Maximillian Sunflower!

o

I have some thank you to catch up on once I get home. But I want to say that I have about 6 more cards to mail out and I got one back for postage due ( which I will fix). I took all the cards to the po to mail, so I figured postage would be right. If not, and anyone gets a postage due with a card from me, please let me know and I will reimburse you. It is not my intention for anyone to have to pay postage to get a card from me. Thank you to everyone so far and I will thank individuals when I get home! Glad to see that my cards are making it to theirs homes as well :)

Dawn

o

Two more cards arrived, wahoo!
Dawn/lexiegurl sent 2 types of squash, tomatoes, spinach, and 4 kinds of lettuce! Can we say salad???
Ginger/ggwrn sent morning glories, tomatoes, and baby leaf spinach. I was about to order the spinach from henry field's, but I don't need to now!

Thank You Ladies, you made my day!
Dan

o

I goofed and threw out the Christmas cards with the members names and kept the envelopes. I will do the best I can with the rates and reviews. I did send a card and seeds to Lisa831, I never saw where she received them. I sent them the first week of December. katkni, I have grown the black eyed susie vine and it doesn't produce seeds.I still have cuttings in a vase on my kitchen windowsill. It blossoms every few days.

o

Did edh87 drop out? I send peppermint root in a bubble envelope, but
never heard if it was received.

o

A big thank you to lexiegurl who sent a glittery Santa card and Amish Paste tomatoes, Thai Bird Peppers, Oregon Spring Tomatoes, Hale's Best Jumbo Cantaloupe, and Tepin Pepper Seeds! Yay! Hope you had a great Christmas :)

o

I got four more cards the day after Christmas!! So cool!! I love doing this. Many thanks to these folks:

jaynine sent red acre cabbage, tom thumb lettuce and homemade pickles cucumbers. thanks very much Janine.

risinsun sent sugar snap peas, black diamond watermelon and blue forget-me-nots. Excellent - thx Brandi, I can't grow enough peas for this family, I get them in the house and an hour later they've been eaten raw.

jimryder sent cosmic cosmo orange, pink zinnias, hummingbird sage and cleome mix. Granddaughters always claim the flower seeds and they say thanks to Jim and Tonya.

redthreaddiy sent limestone bib lettuce, scarlett nantes carrots, long island mammoth dill, black diamond watermelons, white cucumbers, and red acre cabbage. Makes my mouth water just to think about it, thanks tons to Katie.

o

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anything to know if kimnkell, rane_grow, Nancyplants, or TheKens11 received their cards and seed from me. If you didn't, can you please let me know? I sent them very early in the month.

Thank you,
Mandy

o

A thank you to Jordan/wonderweasel! Very cute Santa card with red rubin and lime basil, swiss chard, and jabro golden jalapeno! Thanks so very much!

o

Hi Mandy, yes I posted a thank you to you Friday Dec 21 in the previous Secret Santa Swap thread... just in case anyone else missed it I thought I would paste it here ....

Posted by rane_grow 7 soMD (My Page) on Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 18:24
More cards ! Its been cloudy, rainy, windy and very gloomy here but whats inside my mailbox every evening to greet me is like warm sunshine to the soul ! Thank you to:
Amanda/Neohippie for Alyx Little Sun tomato seeds ( gotta look this one up ! Mrs Burns Lemon Basil ... love this one !Emerald Giant Bell pepper ! thank you to RuthZ for Jimmy Nardello pepper ... been wanting to grow this one bad !Parris Island Cos romaine lettuce and Italian Cameo basil ! love it ! thank you to Paula/Paulan70 for Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia ! I just love them and will be wintersowing these ! thank you Jamie/Momsgardens sent Black Beauty zucchini ( one of my top fave squash )Red whirligig zinnia, Vorlon tomato and sweet banana pepper, can't wait till spring ! Thank you also to Jim and Tanya ( jimryder ) who sent lovely packages of Sweet 100 cherry tomato( I grow this one every year ), dark maroon scabiosa, Boothby's blonde, Marketmore and white wonder cucumber,yum ! thank you Mandy / L1oness , she sent me Hahm's Gelbe tomato seeds ! have never grown this one , looking forward to trying a new tomato ! Thank you Margo / Smitties for the Ornamental Kale - very much want to start this from seed ! and Sweet Genovese Basil !
Thank you Diana for the lovely lettuces -Buttercrunch, Bibb, Cherry tomato and dark green Zucchini ! Will have wonderful salads with these !And Thank you to Debby1 for the Smokey fennel and Daylily seeds ! I have had great luck with daylilies the past few years ! Can't wait to statt these !
this has been a wonderful few weeks, finding these wonderful cards and seeds in my mailbox is so much fun and makes the holidays extra special, I am enjoying seeing that the cards and seeds I have sent out are starting to reach their destination ! love it !!!

Merry Christmas to you all and especially Santa Kym ! without you we would not have this most wonderful swap !

Iris xoxox

o

Thank you! :) Happy Holidays! ~ Mandy

o

Haven't done R&R yet, but be assured I will! Elly's 88 yr. old mom was just in the hospital with a bad case of flu, so we're a bit distracted `round here.

o

Just a note to let all that sent me cards/seeds I left big thank yous on Rate and Review Forum.
Kym, you are so very loyal to be our hostess every year.. thank you for all your hard work.
Wishing Everyone a very Happy 2013!!

Cindy

o

Wow! one more card came when I was thinking it's over.

Wonderweasel - sent me nice santa card with Cucumber Armenian yard long (was really looking for it and very excited), Basil lime (wow), Swiss chard "green lucullus" (love it) and Pepper takanotsume (new to me to try). Thank you so much can't wait to plant them.

o

Sent a card-n-seeds to Tonya (jimryder). Pray she's okay. Too many nasty "bugs" runnin' around these daze.

o
many thanks !!

I hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas !! My son and I spent it in bed, this flu is by far the worst sickness I have had in over 10 years, and I am still coughing ( going to doc on weds) Happy New Year and may 2013 be better for us all !!

I really and truly appreciate everyone that joined the swap, and I hope that you will be back next year. To those that took the time to send me a card, MANY MANY thanks �K

Thank you for thinking of me �Keven tho I cant garden lately, this swap helps to keep me active and enjoy gardening, so thanks bunches !!

Katkni, your card should get the most Beautiful award, I am in awe at your talent !

Ilovefarac, my daughter loved the card, she said it��s a bunch of ��Marleys�� she has named her lab Marley and even tho I say his name should be Marmaduke, she loves him.

Risinsun, what a cute puppy, thanks and may your New Year bring joy.

Neohippie, the photo reminds me of the birds in the garden, looking forward to spring !

Jaynine, my kids love stockings the most on Christmas, your card made me laugh

Poisonfartfrog, what a beautiful card, and I love the glitter ! May 2013 bring much happiness.

Redthreaddiy, what cute snowmen, which I would love to make , since we have about 6 inches of snow now !!

Paulan, what pretty Holly, and I wish you all the best in the New year also

Jimryder, What an adorable snowman , I love the little bird, looks like he is going to land on the snowmans nose !

Onedaylily, I missed having amaryllis this year, pretty card thanks !

Ruby-dog, my daughter just loved all the little Marleys on the card

Sandysoil_2008 I hope Santa is on the way to my house very pretty card !

Lisa831, Looks like Santa has his hands full, hope he doesnt drop anything

Xaingirl, I love the cut out you made for the swap , how creative !

Clipclop, What a wonderful Santa, he is what I envision when I think of a Santa

Dan-the-mailman, and bump, stella, grumpy..thanks for the adorable cat card, he looks JUST like our cat, and he was a gift to the kids for Christmas..they found him under the tree asleep

Ishareflowers, love the glitter I think I am a kid at heart, my kids love to ice skate..cute card !

Chefconnie, what a beautiful card, it has been nice getting to know you thru email this year..all the best in 2013.

Canyonwind, Annie you got me with the glitter inside the card..I think I will be dragging it out of my bed for weeks, thanks for the laugh !! Also, thanks for the adorable Angel soap..I have it sitting in the bathroom and love the scent !!

Roper2008., a grown up Marley card, my daughter was in heaven seeing all the lab cards this year

Alwaysagarden, Thank you for the pretty stocking card, and I am so thankful you were able to still be a part of the swap ! Hugs

Farmergirl2009, I love the angels and the little saying you wrote �� Gardening friends are the flowers in the garden of life �� thanks so much for always being a part of the swap !

Nottougly sent a cute homemade card ( LOVE THEM) with snowflakes..I am in awe at how creative you all are

Pumpkingal, what a pretty Christmas tree card, I am glad you were able to join even with computer problems

Mandy ( no screenname) thanks so much for the cute card !

Plantoneonme, I just love the card and handmade ornament, you are so talented ! Thanks so much

Dem_pa thank you for the cute Santa card and bookmark, I am an avid reader and will put it to good use !

Cryptid and Ellie, thanks so much for the cute card, and I just love Ellies butterflies, It means a lot to hear how much the swap means to you both !

Ruthz, I can just picture taking a walk in that beautiful lake scene, and thank you for the tea ! I drink a few cups a day and look forward to trying them.

Keiki, What a pretty Christmas Flower card, and thanks for the notepad, Ill put it next to me..I am always looking for paper to jot something down.

Sjc48, your handmade cards are just adorable, and thank you for the cute pack of them for my use ! What a nice idea, and I will really enjoy them !!

Ranegrow, Miss Iris, what a surprise !! I thank you from the bottom of my heart you know a card would of worked lol I look forward to using the giftcard with the kids for a rare time of going out to eat..thanks so much for thinking of me !!

Smitties..Margo you also went out of way..Thank you ! My daughter laughed till she cried when she saw the grass grow kit as there is a long running family joke about the chia pets. The Penguin dancing surely will entertain me, and Christmas towel and oven mitt are already being put to good use , looking nice in the kitchen. Thanks so much for surprises !!

Now, Princess has a thank you also dirtdaddy always remembers her, and she gets so excited and barks when she gets mail. Thanks so much for my bones, my mommy only gives me one a day, but I enjoy digging in her pillows when she goes to the bathroom and burying it for safe keeping.
Thank you Dirtdaddy for always remembering Princess !

To everyone that joined the swap , it isnt about overspending, or sending to each person it is about giving what you can. I just love hearing the love and excitement every Christmas. Many, Many thanks to each of you for being SO kind, and generous. May 2013 bring much Happiness to each of you.

o

zackey, if you go back to the address list, you will be able to match up names with screen names.

BINGO WORDS........

BELLS
FROSTY
GINGERBREAD
LIGHTS
reindeer
winter

o

Mon, Dec 31, 12 at 13:16

"Just when I thought it was all over and done with" - received a pretty snowman card and TONS of seeds from redthreaddiy/Katie today! I think she sent one of everything that was on my wish list, or pretty close! Katie sent roman chamomile, yarrow, parsley, african basil, snapdragons, cleome, zinnias, marigolds, tithona, monarda, rudbeckia and asparagus! Many thanks, Katie, these will all be planted this spring! I can hardly wait!
Shirley!

o

Santa Kym.....be well!! It just does not seem right that our Santa Kym would get the flu.

Thanks again to everyone for your kindness and Christmas cheer. Giving and sharing is the best! None of this would be possible without our Santa Kym. Thanks so much Kym!!!

Happy New Year to all....be safe, be happy!!!

Annie

o

A huge thank you to CANYONWIND (Annie) for the awesome card and seeds she sent! She sent Tomato 'Olive Hill', Pepper 'Stavros', Ayocote Negro Black Runner Bean, Corn 'Butter and Sugar', and Ayocote Morado Purple Runner Bean. These are all varieties that I have never tried before and I absolutely LOVE them! Thank you so much Annie!

o

2 more cards today!

Thank you to Michelle (mchill320) for the adorable polar bear card with the Great White tomato seeds. Those are just too cool! White tomatoes are amazing. Thank you!

SmokyMist (Cheryl) sent a cute snowman card along with an AMAZING package loaded with seeds. Seeds sent were Chinese Yard Long Red Noodle Beans, Hot Cherry Peppers, Cucumber 'Suyo Long', Mixed Orange and Red Trumpet Vines, Radish 'White Icicle', Ambrosia Melon, Tomato 'Black Russian Truffle', Amish Melon, Mariachi Peppers, Amish Yellow Tomatoes, Fresno Chili Pepper, Lemon Cucumber, Pumpkin 'Muscat de Provence', Thai Basil, Tennessee Old Time Melon, and Green Zebra tomato. OMG. I was just amazed with what was sent! What an awesome happy new year present :) I am very excited to try them all, and most of them were totally new for me. Thank you so much and have a great New Year!

I will be shipping my final packages out on Wednesday, the 2nd of January. I am happy that I'm almost done packaging all of the seeds. phew!

o

Hello
I got a card stuffed with a bunch of seeds, I won't list them but wow what a great assortment, veggies flowers and herbs.
Thank you so much
Happy new year
Michelle

o

Happy New Year Secret Santas! Be safe.
Alana

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 31, 12 at 16:59

Back from holiday travel adventures and have a few Thank You's to post.

Margarita10 sent a festive reindeer card and birdhouse gourd seeds. Yay! This bird nerd will love growing these. And maybe I can talk Don (dem_pa) into painting them for me. Haha

Iris (rane_grow) sent a cute snowman card and 2 heirloom tomato varieties: Sweet Beverly cherry and Barlow Jap. Yummy!

Jordan (wonderweasel) sent a Santa card with seeds for anise hyssop, Golden Sweet tomato, Costoluto Genovese tomato, and purple Vienna kohlrabi. Very cool!

Thanks to you 3 lovely ladies!!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Katie

o

Katie- (redthreaddiy) oh my goodness!! Thank you ! Thank you ! Katie sent me a wonderful package of seeds! What an assortment of tomato seeds! I can't wait to try them! Thank you

o

I got a beautiful card from clipclop. It had pretty poinsettias on it. She sent basketball gourds, I can hardly wait to grow them! and post office salvia.

o

micyrey, were the seeds you got from me? I just want to make sure you got them so I can mark you off on my excel spreadsheet :) Thank you!

o

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

o

Hello Santas!

I want to thank

Redthread
alwaysa garden
orgogal

My brother who moved to California almost two years ago came to visit. He had called to say his merry xmas' ten minutes before leaving for the airport on xmas eve so we all thought it would be another year without him. What a total shock for all of us but especially for my Mom, who is 80 and misses him terribly!

I'm so sorry Santa but with the commotion, I didn't write down who sent what but I received several packages of wanted seeds.

Happy New Year!

Lisa

o

I have some final belated thank-yous for some terrific seeds and cards. Thank you Jaynine/Janine for the old fashioned climbing petunia, I have just the spot; thank you jimryder/Jim & Tonya for the Heuchera & Lavender (can't wait to try the Spanish Lavender); thank you NLB/Nancy for the Black Moudry grass - looks awesome.

Many thanks to all the secret santas who took time during a busy season to think of me and send such wonderful seeds and cards. It was a highlight of the holiday! Happy New Year to all!

Margie

o

Happy New Year,
Received 4 more Christmas cards in the last few days. This has been a great Secret Santa Seed Exchange.

Kathleen, orgogal, sent Red Pointy Cherry , Japanese Trifele, Striped Tomaotes and Vietnamese Hot Peppers, Tobasco Hot Peppers, and Italian Flat Leaved Parsley. Great additions for making salsa and chili.

Robin, KeiKi, sent pink with white splash 4 o,clocks and Mammoth Long Island Dill seeds.

Jordan, Wonder Weasel, sent Bhut Jalokia, Redina Lettuce, Costoloto Genavese and DeBarao Tomaotes.

Michelle, naturegirl, sent Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans.

Thanks for the Christmas Cards and seeds. Have a Happy New Year and a great upcoming gardening season.
SalsaCanner

o

so sorry redthreaddiy, yes they were from you, I was so blown away by how many you sent I must have lost my mind a bit.
THANKS BUNCHES
michelle

o

I received a homemade card yesterday from xiangirl/Heidi. It had four different kinds of Rudbeckia and Gaillardia flower seeds. Thank you Heidi!

Happy New Year everyone!

Mandy

o

I received a snowman card from Katie, (redthreaddiy) full of seeds. Spaghetti squash, pie pumpkin, cucumber, small red cherry, super sweet 100, and we are going to eat good this summer. I also receive eyeball plant seeds which I find to be a really neat plant. Thank you Katie.

Margo/smitties

o

Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 19:45

Happy 2013 to all the Secret Santas out there!
This was my first year for the SSS and it was just fantastic! Many, many thanks to all the Santas who shared their seeds with me, also for the beautiful cards! I'm looking forward to saving lots more seeds this year so I can do the SSS again next year!
Thank you, everyone!
Shirley!

o

Is anyone getting close to Bingo? I had a list on the end table where I was crossing off the words I had and someone moved it. GRRRRRR Now I am going to have to start another one and go back through the posts to cross the ones I have off again. I don't remember how many I had already but I think I have three of the recent ones. Can't wait to have my house back again. LOL

Margo

o

Here's a great site for some kewl FREE downloadable stationery (.doc format):
http://www.freeprintablestationery.net/

o

Finally, this morning, I finished posting positive Rate & Reviews for all you wonderful people I received cards-n-seeds from! Ummm,...except for Kym, it occurs to me. Rats! Gonna go do that now! See, this is why Elly is the brains of this outfit and not me, LOL! ;)

o

I am late on some thank yous, but I do have a few people I want to thank.

Thank you to Kim, plant- one- on- me, for the dill and ground cherry seeds! Pretty card also. Makes me wish for snow here where I live lol!

Thank you to Cindy, alwaysagarden, for the Long Island Brussels sprouts, broccoli, Nantes carrot, late flat Dutch cabbage, purple top rutabaga, Armenian yard long cuke, and black beauty eggplant. Nice variety of seeds! Thank you!

Thank you to iris, rane_grow, for the Georgia collards and Barlow Japan tomato! Never can have too many collards here in the south lol and I'm going to have to look that tomato up because I've never heard of it before. Thank you!

Lastly, I want to thank Amanda, neohippie, for the rattlesnake pole beans, emerald giant bell pepper, boothbys blonde cuke, red romaine lettuce, Arkansas traveler tomato (that tomato was on my to try list this year) and speckled Lima bean seeds. Thank you so much!

I appreciate all the seeds everyone has sent me. I will be mailing out my last few cards tomorrow (late, I know but better than never lol). Hope everyone had a great new year! Please let me know if you sent me a card and I haven't thanked you yet, so I know I haven't missed anyone who has sent me something.

o

Just finished doing my rates & reviews. This was my first swap ever and I've learned sooooo much from everyone on here. Thank you to each and everyone of you, now I can't wait to get my hands dirty!!!
Happy Gardening :)

o

Now that the holidays are over I've been thinking about what exactly I want to wintersow, believing that there's no way I'll be receiving any more seeds from this swap. WRONG!!!
I just received a package from Katie/redthreaddiy, and all I can say is WOW! I'll say it backwards... WOW! Now I'll say it upside-down... MOM! Lol, Katie, thank you for the plethora of seeds you sent! I'd already called and told my parents and younger sister to not order any seeds for their gardens this upcoming year, but now I think I'll be calling them back to tell them we're going to enlarge their gardens!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Want to know what Katie sent? Sit down, it's quite the list! She sent:
autumn beauty sunflowers
straightneck summer squash
sensation mix cosmos (these will be staying in MY yard!)
white wonder cucumber (I was going to be ordering these, but not now)
white swan coneflower (I love, love, love coneflowers)
thumbelina zinnias
pie pumpkins
extra triple curled parsley (I'm going to put these in my mothers rock garden)
pink morning glories
black diamond watermelon (I'm smacking my lips just thinking of eating some!)
snapdragons
red acre cabbage (more I won't need to order now, thank you)
scarlet nantes carrots
yellow onions
bloomsdale spinach
double tall strawflowers (love'em!)
tomatoes: black mystery, cherokee chocolate, green zebra, red brandywine, aussie, jaune flammee, kumato, black tula, caspian pink, black krim, gold medal, sara black

Katie, I see that a lot of those 'maters are european heirloom, and some of them have a bit of history behind them. That just makes me want to taste them even more! Thanks again for being so generous! Thank you indeed!

-Dan

o

What a surprise! I got another card today from Michelle, what a blessing, it was a bad day at work. It had the thing at the top of my wish list!!! Bleeding Heart seeds, how exciting, I cannot wait to plant them.

Thank you so much!
Connie

o

Thanks to
Wonderseasel for nice card with Pepper bhut jobkia, Tomato black cherry, Tomato costoluto genovese and Okra clemson spikeless. Can't wait to try them all. Thanks a lot

Amanda for nice card with Okra, Rattle snake bean, Romaine lettuce, Tomato Arkansas traveler (new for me), Cucumber boothby's blonde, Tall telephone pea. Can't wait to try them all. Thanks a lot

o

I thought I had received all my seeds from the SSS. Today I received a beautiful card stuffed with seeds from redthreaddiy. In it were the following seeds: Blue Lake bush beans, Wax Kentucky wonder pole bean, Turnip "Navet de Vartus Marteau, Radish "Purple Plum", Honey Rock cantaloupe,cabbage "Red Acre" carrot "Scarlet Nantes", Lettuce "Limestone Bibb", mallow "Mystic Merlin", sunflower "Autumn Beauty mix", "Elephant Head" amaranth, Sweet William "Holborn Glory", zinna "Thumbelina Mix", cosmos "Sensation mix", Old-fashioned vining petunia magenta, China aster "Powder Puff mix" Thanks for everything.

o

I got 5 cards today. Wasn't expecting them!

Smokymist Cheryl sent a snowman card with Honeydew Melons from an Amish Farm, Ambrosia Melons, Tangerine Pimento Pepper, Tennessee Old Time Melon, and Banana Cantaloupe. That Banana Cantaloupe sounds so interesting. Thank you!

FarmerGirl2009 Ellie sent Nasturtiums, Sage, Cosmos Double Click and Larkspur Gentian Blue. These are all great and I don't have them yet. Thanks so much!

DetroitGir77 Michelle sent Dark Green Italian Parsley (plain leaf) and 7 Pot Red Brain Strain Peppers. I have been wanting those peppers for a long time and we can always use parsley. Thank you and Happy New Year!

lexiegurl Dawn sent a very glittery Christmas card loaded with seeds. I love love love peppers and tomatoes and I have a bunch of new ones now from her! Gardener's Delight tomato, Orange King Tomato, Carolina Hybrid Cucumber, Straight 8 Cucumber, Hungarian Yellow Wax Pepper, Thai Bird Pepper, De Arbol Pepper, Palo Alto Tomato and Marglobe Tomato. These are all new for me and I can't wait to grow them. Orange King sounds big, I love big tomatoes, I will have to look it up! Thank you very much.

Keiki sent some interesting seeds. Randia Blackberry Jam fruit and Carambola - Kari. I have never heard of these but that blackberry jam fruit sounds delicious. I can't wait until spring.

Thank you all for the cards and all of the seeds. I will have a very busy springtime. Happy New year!

o

More seeds today! Thank you redthreaddiy. She sent me:
velvet queen sunflower (yeah! I can't wait!)
Mexican sunflower Torch Mix (happy as a clam)
Flowering tobacco Scherazi, pink trumpet-shaped flowers! (tickled pink)
Mountain Blue Amethyst in Snow (tickled pink-or blue)
Poker plant "Flamenco" (yippy skippy)
Globe amaranth "Las Vegas White" (double yippy skippy)
Globe amaranth "Las Vegas Purple" (triple flip)
Thank you so much! I wasn't expecting more, either. Nice surprise.
Heidi

Thanks for the reminder to go to Rate and Review! We all need to take a moment and do that.

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 19:48

I think I've gotten all caught up on posting Rate & Reviews for all the wonderful folks who sent me seeds & a card for this fantastic swap.

If anyone would like to post a review for me, I'll make it easy for you and give you the direct link ;)

And a special thanks to Kym for making it happen!

Katie

Here is a link that might be useful: my Rate & Review page

o

Heidi sent me some seeds today and she had a hard time in the process. Our post office sent them back to her for some reason. I can see that she clearly had the correct address but they returned it as undeliverable. It said "no longer lives on campus" and "incomplete address". I think they misread the zipcode which may have sent it to the University. Either way, she did everything correct.

In her pretty hand made card I found, 4 O'clocks and black knight scabiosa seeds. Excited to plant these.

Thanks Heidi for going through all that trouble to get the seeds to me. Very much appreciated.

Margo

o

"And what to my wondering eyes should appear,...but a card from Katie, with seeds, landing here! - Just when I thought I was done receiving cards-n-seeds, holy katz, here comes one from Katie (redthreaddiy)! What a great snowman with a polar bear plushie card! Fab seeds, too, as follows: Feverfew (haven't grown this for a while, looking forward to growing it again) / Allium - "Purple Sensation" (Gorgeous!!) / Chili pepper, "Elefant" (aka "Vesena" - Never grown this bad boy before, definitely looking forward to it!) / "White Yucatan" Habanero - Wicked hot, beautiful ornamental! - Fantastic! Thank you uber muchly, Katie!! Wishing you a wonderful, healthy, prosperous new year! :)

o

I would like to thank everyone for the cards and seeds sent to me.
I have been really really sick since Nov 27th.
I would like to thank,
Gardendad_2k10
Sunflower, dwarf sunspot
Margo, smitties
Coneflower paradoxa yellow
Heidi
Sunflower, evening sun
Sunflower, Lemon Queen
Jaynine
Standing Cypress
Amaranthus, green thumb
Amaranthus, green tassel
Farmergirl2009
Sunflower, lemon Queen
Sunflower, Sunspot
Rudbeckia, Cherry Brandy
Melinda, ilovefarac
Celosia, Fresh look Yellow
Michelle, micyrey
Rudbeckia, Double Gold
Larkspur, Rocket
Ruthz
Echinacea, yellow
Sunflower, Velvet Queen
Sunflower, Chocolate Cherry
Malabar Basella Alba, green
Sandysoil_2008
Rudbeckia, Cherry Brandy
Katie, redthreadDIY
Sunflower, Velvet Queen
Cindy, alwaysagarden
Penstemon tennius
Verbena Bonariensis
Scarlet Penstemon

I hope everyone had happy hoildays.
Faye!

o

Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 6:31

Received a really cute polar bear card with lots of Lantana seeds (Double YAY!!) from Michelle in California; please email me your GW name so I can post an R&R for you! I really appreciated these seeds!
Shirley!

o

redthreaddiy, thanks so much for the Santa card and all the seeds! Christmas pepper, white wonder cucumber, wax pole beans and autumn mix sunflowers! thanks dd.
Also thanks for all the tomatoes! Tula,kumato,red brandywine,gold medal,aussie,chocolate cherry,green grape,black krim,snow white, caspian pink,sara black,jaune flammee,green zebra,black mystery,cherokee chocolate,red cherry,chang li,lldi,reesentraube. wow, thanks, dd.

o

I received an awesome package from Katie(redthreaddiy today)with a cute card spelling out Christmas with different Christmas items.

I am speechless--she sent me in so many of my wishlist items--too much to name them all. Thank you sooo much!! <3

o

I got two cards and double gifts as one went to wrong address then redirected to me.

sjc48 - sent me nice santa card with lettuce revolution (wow) seeds of T&M.

Orgogal - redirected this letter with pretty Christmas tree card with fengyuan purple eggplant, orange fantasia chard, japanese trifele tomato, Golden Marconi Pepper, Lettuce De pierre Benite. Wow I love everything and can't wait to grow them. Thanks a lot for taking time to send me a card and more seeds.

Thank you so much to both.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here