Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

UPDATE: obf ***seed swap ** pt 2--- 2007

skohler
17 years ago

{{gwi:1277125}}

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

OurBloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade

between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of

garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be

directed to veeja/carol

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

HELLO LADIES & "WELCOME TO THE NEW 2007

"OBF SEED SWAP "

SO FAR WE HAVE 12 SIGNED UP FOR THIS ONE . THE BOX

IS STILL OUT AT THIS TIME IT IS ON THE WAY TO BETH'S

SHE SHOULD HAVE IT TODAY OR SATURDAY WE HOPE :))

BRITTNEY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOUR HOME FROM YOUR TRIP & IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE THE BOX NEXT & THEN SEND IT HOME TO ME , IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW :) i WILL LET BETH KNOW .

AS FOR THE SPECIAL 2ND ROUND WELL YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO SIGN UP & FIND OUT WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU:)))

SUSIE

PLAYERS LIST AS OF NOW

GIVERNY4ME

MICKE

SGUANZON

DEBBYA

MELLEN

THERESA24

DIZZYDAFFODIL

BETH_B_KODIAK

BRITTNEYGRAM

HUMMINGBIRDDAISY

VEEJA11

KLICKITAT

LLBEAN

CEDARNEST

Comments (109)

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Carol,Did you get the robin picked up from the PO yet? I noticed they attempted to deliver it yesterday and just wanted to make sure you got it so they wouldn't return it : )
    Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

bumping up : )

• micke
    17 years ago

Where is the package now? Does anyone know? I tell you I am (im)patiently waiting for my turn:)
    michelle

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

I think its still at carols post office waiting to be picked up by her.I checked the confirmation number and it says they attempted to deliver it on the 12th and notice was left...whatever that means.LOL I am sure carol has it by now??I sure hope so anyhow.Its a big one : )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

The post office usually holds the package for a few days and then sends it back to the 'sender'... Ohhh Carol, where are you? ;)

Deb

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Susie let me know, the robin is at my p.o. I did not get a notice, so did not know, I will go down monday to yell at them, sure hope it is still there, they always leave pkgs on my porch but I seem to have a new dumb carrier, sorry for the delay, nancy if you get it back please resend it and I will send you postage, sorry all who are waiting, I think I'm gonna go ups from now on. sorry hugs peeved carol

• micke
    17 years ago

Carol==== (hope you see this before driving down to the P.O) The post office may be closed Monday due to the fact that it is Presidents Day. I had a mail carrier that would pull the same stunt, actually said mail carrier liked to keep mail for himself, important mail! Must of gotten a kick out of it or something. Maybe he didn't want to leave it out because he was afraid something would happen to it maybe? If he is new maybe he doesn't quite understand how this works yet, maybe you need to have a face to face with him and tell him if he don't straighten up, he is going to have around 30 gals surrounding him to tell him how this works? *grin*
    ups is not much better, my neighbor goes out of town alot as he is a carpet layer for a motel chain, he has a huge note on his front door explaining that if he is not home they need to take the packages next door to me. He was expecting a fax machine from HP, as his old one was still on warrenty and when we had that bad ice storm it went out, well he had 10 days to recieve the new one and return the old one. I was suppose to call his son as soon as it got here so he could switch them out and return the old one for his dad. They didn't deliver it to me, instead they took it up the road to the first house (which thank goodness it was the managers house) and left it there. Morons! took him alot of phone calls to track it down, if he didn't get the old one back to them, they were going to charge him for the new one! So none of the package deliverers are infallable:)
    michelle

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Went to po today and gave them a printed copy of the tracking info they brought me out a pkg from another trade, no notice left for that one either. it didn't have a confirmation # so if it hadn't been for this robin I may have never gotten that one, I sent her back to get the robin, nice selection, I will mail it tomorrow to dizzy. The other box was to heavy to carry walking, I opened it to see if anything could come out to make it lighter, I gave it back to the po worker who noticed the tape was disturbed she asked if I opened it then wrote on it that I had she said so that I didn't blame the po for opening it, a bit sarcastic I think. a batch or morons of course if I make them mad I may never see any of my mail. sorry for the delay. don't anyone send me a gun I can't trust myself. sue it will travel tomorrow. hugs carol

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thank you carol so glad it was there for you .

heads up dizzy :

DIZZYDAFFODIL ------NV
    SGUANZON -----------AZ
    MICKE -------------MO
    HUMMINGBIRDDAISY---IA
    DEBBYA -----------ILL
    GIVERNY4ME--------FLA
    THERESA24 --------FLA
    KLICKITAT---------GA
    SKOHLER-----------MI

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

wooo-hoooo!!!!!! I'm getting ready for it!!!

Carol, don't let those bas*ards get you down!! I don't know quite how it happened, but I have a really nice mail carrier & she follows the procedures for scanning, etc. How the heck did they let her out with the public??? There is a PO branch office here I will NOT go to though - they tend to be rude & pissy, so I just drive another mile to the main office.

Y'all remember to check in & sign up for the March thread!
    I'm watching for the RR ...

Here is a link that might be useful: March swap thread

• veeja11
    17 years ago

robin is on it's way to dizzy conf #03060320000387973678. I told them that there were people out there unhappy with their mail practices, I don't think they cared. heads up dizzy finally hugs carol

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Got it today and it will go out to SGuanzon with Saturday's mail!
    Took 29 total - put back 45!

Delivery Conf 0103 8555 7498 6855 3424

Great RR Susie!
    Thanks,
    Dizzy

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thank you dizzy , susan you will be next on the list please let us know you are ready & waiting :)) .

susie

SGUANZON -----------AZ
    MICKE -------------MO
    HUMMINGBIRDDAISY---IA
    DEBBYA -----------ILL
    GIVERNY4ME--------FLA
    THERESA24 --------FLA
    KLICKITAT---------GA
    SKOHLER-----------MI

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Ready and waiting for sure!

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I received the big fat envelope today! I haven't opened it yet but I will go through it after dinner and post and then send it back out tomorrow. Thanks for hosting Sue!

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Wow if kazillion is a number, there are a kazillion seeds in there! I took out 10 and put in 25 -- I don't think I can fit all this back in a big envelope so I switched it to a box. It will be on it's way to Michelle today. I'm using one of the delivery confirmations in the box 03060320000387973715 -- I'll try to get it mailed on my lunch hour. Thanks again.

• micke
    17 years ago

doing the happy dance!!!!!!! can't wait:)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I'm getting excited too! I was first last time, so the selection of seed was limited, I can't wait to see what's in the package now!

• micke
    17 years ago

We got bumped off the first page, how can that be???????? lol!
    well it is still not here, bummer.
    hopefully it will arrive on Monday though:)

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Also doing a happy dance
    ~~~cha cha cha cha cha cha~~~~~

Looking forward to wading thru all the seeds!

Have a wonderful week ladies,
    Tina

• micke
    17 years ago

ARGHHHHH! It still says it is in Arizona! Those silly postal workers. What they have it on hold? Maybe they think it is a suspicious package or something. Watch out for the box that says seeds on it, you never know what it could be. Good grief. Actually it has to be my post office, they can be such imbeciles.
    here's hoping it arrives sometime this year.
    Okay I know I am impatient. I took a deep breath and I feel better now:)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Arizona..ugh! I'm really looking forward to the seeds too!
    Oh well, maybe next week. ;)

Deb

• micke
    17 years ago

The seeds arrived today, I will go through it tomorrow and hopefully have it out the same day if not I will get it out Thursday for sure:)
    michelle

• micke
    17 years ago

The package is on it's way to Tina, conf# 0306 3030 0002 5449 2555
    thank you for the wonderful robin Sue:)
    michelle

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I'll be on the look out! Will post when it arrives!

Thanks, Tina

• journey149
    17 years ago

I would love to join

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Hi ladies

The box arrived yesterday. I haven't had the time to get thru it yet. Have had a house full of kids all weekend.
    I will try and get it back out Tuesday. Monday is going to be a full day for me. I have doctors appointments most of the day in a different town than I live in.
    I will post an update Tuesday.

Thanks,
    Tina

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

heads up for Debby :))) Tina says she will be getting in the mail today :)) .
    Tina what will you be planting this spring ????
    susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Heading to the PO right now. Big fat robin coming your way Deb!
    #0306 0320 0003 8797 3739

I took out some clover seeds, tulip tree seeds, and some marigolds. Put in a few goodies to replace these. Thanks for the great robin Susie!

Tina

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Susie,
    Thanks for including me! I really enjoyed the robin!
    I ended up taking some lettuce, a couple of herbs (chives), a couple packages of tomatoes, plus a few flower packs. I replaced everything I took (and added a few extra packs).
    I'll mail out the robin in the morning, and post a delivery confirmation number.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I'm running a little behind.
    I still have the robin. It will go out first thing Monday morning.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

The seed box is on the way to Susan, USPS #0306 0320 0003 8797 3746.

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Kids, Robin landed here this afternoon, I am going through it at present will post after it flies tomorrow...Susan/Giverny

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

----- Original Message -----
    To: hummingbirddaisy
    Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 7:18 AM
    Subject: OBF SEED ROBIN

Tina
    Just wanted to give you the chance to send MY 113 pks of seed you took out of the robin back to me within the next week or I will post what you have done .

Rule Of thumb replace what you take . I have the list as to what you took & If I have to
    I will do the list in the post to let other know how dishonest you was .
    Its your choice do the right thing or it will be posted .
    I Knew from the 1st one that went around you took more then you said & did not put back in but had no proof. this time I do .
    when you send everything back to me & I check it off the list & it is all there all will be find No more said about this . I want the all the veggies , trees , sages , bird of paradise, snowball bush, the list goes on .
    if you try to pass off other then what is on this , it will be posted.
    so I want them in the mail No later then MONDAY Mar 26th,
    priority conf# sent to me .
    if I do not hear from you with this information by Monday 5pm my time .
    there will be a list of all the seeds that you took out of the robin that others in our group have missed out on .
    we will see who will ever want to trade with you again .
    I will also post it in the rating forum . this was so unfair to the others in the group & once they compare the list
    they will see how dishonest you was in our group.
    Tina there is no love loss in this & you want to spread things about me this is your way but no one can say I was ever as dishonest as you .
    if I don't hear back from you with the conf# by Monday , trust me it will be posted .
    your threat Don't work on me ,
    Susie

Now, First off, I don't have a clue as to the " threats" you are referring to. You can explain that.

As far as the seeds go, Micke was right before me, and Debbya was right after me, so I am sure they can attest to what was in the box when they had it.

I posted exactly what I took out, and I REPLACED with other seed packs.

If you go look in the seed trading forums, you'll see that I have been trying to get rid of most of my seeds for the past two months or more. Why would I want to take out 113 more packets of seeds? Susie, there wasn't anything out of the ordinary that no-one else doesn't have in that box.

Now, if you would please quit e-mailing me with threats of things you KNOW are dishonest, I would appreciate it.
    I can't help that Elizabeths box is stuck out there somewhere. The DC# shows I sent it. Thats what this is REALLY about isn't it? You've already kicked me out of OBF because of it. Now just let it be.

Tina

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It is really a shame that you think this is about your
    late feb box , so not true ..

what this is about is Honesty, my list of 323pks to you showed a shortage from you to debby who counted 210 pks,
    Do the MATH.

I would not have cared that you take 20-30 pks & put in 10 of anything else but that was not done .

its not the fact You took the seeds from me or my robin I started If you was going to use them . But in truth you trade them off also .

trust in the group was why we started this group & you have not realy been that honest .
    I just want to say at this point if I get booted for this being brought up on the forum "BY TINA".
    This Is ok . you all will do fine . as long as you
    open your eye's to some trader 's . check out their rating system's & forum .

anyway Tina you have to live with the fact of what you done ,I have the fact or proof . & the fact I have nothing
    to be sorry about .

like I said if I get booted at lease I have honesty on my side :)))

susie

next on the list

THERESA24 --------FLA
    KLICKITAT---------GA
    SKOHLER-----------MI

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

This really puts me in a very difficult spot. Why? Because I didn't take those seeds, but I don't think Micke or Deb took them either.
    You check my list and my posts, and you show me where I traded off those seeds Sue. The only seeds I sent out to anyone from what was in your box was some clover seeds to diene in my St. Patricks day RR. If you want the other seeds I took out (the ones I even posted above)You can have them back. If that is what it will take for you to finally leave me alone I will go send them back to right now!

I ONLY TOOK OUT WHAT I POSTED ABOVE!!!!!!!!

Tina

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Kiddos
    Well I put in 41 packs of seed however some were duplicates like several packs of lettuce and melon and moonflower vine seed, most from my garden and some trades. I took out 10 + some of Susie's echinops. The seeds I got like coreopsis I was happy to get and should do well here. I think the diversity is pretty good and worth the price of the robin, thanks for hostessing Susie!

The robin went out Friday afternoon to Theresa, confirmation number 0305 1720 0000 8244 6624

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Hi guys! I got the robin yesterday and had such fun going through it. Quite a nice variety!

I took out these 6:

Ironweed
    Queen Anne's Lace
    Blue Flax
    Pink Baby's Breath
    Swamp Milkweed
    Cosmos pink Seashells

I put in these 13:

Datura
    Dianthus Victoriana
    Pink&Blue Larkspur
    Dianthus 'Arctic Fire'
    Dianthus 'Summer Sundae'
    Salvia 'Coral Nymph'
    Dianthus 'Russian Skies'
    Native Columbine canadensis
    Salvia 'Lady in Red'
    Dianthus 'Firewitch'
    Blue Pea Vine
    Double Cottage Pinks
    Shirley Poppy

Thanks, Susie for getting this going. I hope you find some wonderful seeds for your garden. I should be able to get this birdie flying again tomorrow. Will post when I do.

Theresa

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thank you theresa for the heads up for klickitat :)
    hope you all found a good variety for your gardens . yesterday I planted my sunflower garden it was in the high 60's & today it is in the 40's :( guess thats Michigan for you :)

our $1. store had some realy nice hanging baskets that had just came in this week so I bought 10 of them yesterday & plan to fill them today .
    lobelia,petunia's,lantana's, & a few others .

guess you might say i have the bug for gardening .
    well have a great day ladies .
    susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Hi all. The robin went out today. DC# 03060320000387973753.
    Have fun with it Klick & Susie.
    Theresa

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Ladies! I'm very sorry for not posting sooner! When the robin arrived a couple of days ago I thought it was a different box coming from Susie. So I put it aside and forgot about it until today. Upon opening it I was so surprised to see that it was the robin and not anything else. LOL Again, my apologies for not posting sooner.

I'll go ahead and dig through the contents (there are 3 large ziplock bags full of seeds!). From there I'll remove and refill.

Thanks for waiting on me! I'll get this box out in the mail tomorrow after posting here about it.

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gee klick I didn't remember owing you another box did I forget a trade ??? sure hope you let me know . did I send you a gift certifacate for any of the swaps ???? .

maybe we better mark our boxes seeds or plants :)))
    plants don't live long in a box .

thank you all for a great robin & it is now homeward bound . or soon :)))
    happy gardening my friends

susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    16 years ago

Susie - This is being said with sincerity. Did you ever figure out where and why you came up short on your count of what you thought might be missing seeds? I have been watching, and everyone that has gotten the box so far has reported an abundance of seeds with a well rounded variety as well. I did notice that some you thought might be missing, has been picked out by participants, since the box was in my possession. That was good to see :-)

I know your feelings concerning efrosty and the situation that occured. I accept that (I know, as if I had any other choice, right) So, I wish you the best.

Thanks ladies, for including me in this swap. I'm glad I got to know many of you. Thanks for everything :-)

Happy Gardening,Tina

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Tina,Please don't tell us you are leaving Bloomin Friends too? What is the world coming too?I hadn't been back on this thread to check the movement of the box since it left me.I had no idea about any of this controversy amongst friends.This really saddens my heart : (
    Nancy

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YES Tina with all sincerity I know For sure with NO Doubt As to who took the seed's from the robin .

as for taken so many packs of seed's, did not bother me it was the fact that there was some that had 2-3 pks alike
    that were taken . that maybe others in the group might of like to try .
    & all seed robins I have ever been in
    rule has always been just replace what you take out .
    this was not done .

its all about honesty. to yourself & your friends .
    guess I wasn't a friend to who took from me right ?

well another robin about over thank you all.
    Trully if I sound hurt , I guess it is true
    for I guess maybe I take Truth & Honesty very
    sincerly in my home & life .

I 'am the kind of lady that if you hurt me once same
    on you.
    but hurt me twice same on me .
    life goes on when you can forgive,

All is forgiven .
    But Not all is forgotten .

susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    16 years ago

Nancy - I didn't "leave" OBF, I was kicked out.

Susie - I didn't "take" anything from "you" or anyone else.
    I don't kow how many times I have to tell you that I didn't take all the seeds you claim to be missing. I, too, am a very honest person. Almost to a fault as I have been told.
    Your post to my name in the rate and review forum wasn't a bit honest. I've tried over and over with you. I thought over Christmas, when you wanted me to bring you two puppies, that you had gotten passed all this crap. I honestly don't know what started all this to being with.

I was sincere in my earlier post and you was sincerely rude and sarcastic in yours. I'm through trying.

Tina

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Hi ladies. I'm very sorry for being MIA. The robin arrived, I went through it, and then an emergency came up that took me away from everything. So everything still lays on the floor where I left it. My sincerest apologies for not wrapping this up faster. The worst part is I will be at work for the next 3 days (I work 12 hour shifts) and will not be able to send the box back out until Thursday. Please, Susie, be patient with me. I have always done my part with the swaps and robins. This time I just happened to run into a terrible snag. I WILL GET THE BOX OUT ON THURSDAY!! :)

Susie, as for the other box I thought was coming from you is from the March OBF swap... the 5 daylilies. It seemed like it was too soon to dig them up! LOL

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

yep Jules stil about 1/2 in of snow over them at this time :( but hope to have everyones gift certificates mailed by mid may 1st of june .

As for the seed robin thank you for letting us know slow down girl let hubby pick up some of the load :)))) .
    we miss you when your away .

NO BINGO TODAY :( so going to lay back put in a few movies today.

would anyone like to swap dvd movies or vhs moving
    here in the group just pass then around ????
    if so email me I will start a New sign up forum & we can list what we have to share .
    I have about 20 or more. we can limit 3-4 a week ??? never done this . so maybe let me know .

susie

• klickitat
    16 years ago

At last! The Robin is flying back to Susie as of today. I'll post the DC# later on when my headache goes away. I'm currently working on cold #3 in six months. The perils of working in a hospital, I suppose. *sigh* It really stinks to be sick is all I can say.

In any case, I took 28 seed packs and replaced them with 32 of my own. A big thanks to those girls who put empty seed packages into the robin. I ran out of ziplocks and put the spares to good use. :)

Ok... I'm off to take yet another nap. Thanks for a great swap!

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks jules it arrived today have been doing the up-dates on my laptop 6 hrs so far :( can you tell i have dial up :(((

anyway thank you all for the great seeds will proble
    share many of them with the new gals in the seed forum
    after i get what i want out of them .
    many of these i plan9 to plant in the one field way out back that way if the deer want to munch they will stay out of my front beds :)))
    looking forward to sharing plants with you all for years to come .

happy gardening this swap is closed .

susie