Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

2014/2015 ANNUAL Commercial Seed Swap

It's that time of year again. I have been doing this swap since 2010, it was started by flwrs4evr the year or two before that.

This swap is for your LEFTOVER commercial seeds,you do not need full packages!

The RULES HAVE CHANGED so please read them carefully.

I'm posting a little bit early to allow time to copy packets or take out some seeds for yourself and send seeds in their original packages if you are new to the swap. Sadly, this will be required this year because last year a member sent in collected seeds marked as commercial! I know its a pain in the butt but it assures everyone playing true commercials.

Here are the rules:

1. COMMERCIAL SEEDS only (seeds that were purchased, not collected)

2. They must be seeds from 2013, 2014 or 2015

3. They cannot be dollar store type seeds (.29-.59.or .99 cent packages). I get most of my seeds are from online sources. I do pick some up at local grain stores but they are from NEseed which is an online company.

3a. There are NO MIXES allowed, zinnia, cosmos, bachelors buttons, marigolds and so on....( exception here would be if you had something from a players wishlist, I will allow that). Please mark it with their name and wish list item! I will see that it makes it in their bag.

5..Please do not send seeds that are known to have a short shelf life unless they are from this year.

5. There will be a 20 pack limit on VEGETABLE seeds this year. NO LIMIT ON FLOWER seeds. (I am doing this because I do not have a large personal stash of veggie seeds to fill in and make a great package for the veggie gardener)

6. No more than 3 packs of the same type of seed (please don't make 3 packets of the same seed with 5 seeds in each package)

7. If you send in all vegetable seeds, you will get back all vegetable seeds. I had a member send in all veggie seeds and request only flower seeds in return, this I cannot do. the same goes for flowers. I will return the same number of packets that you send in to be swapped.

8. Seed amounts, this is always a challenge. Please send what you would be happy to receive. I have purchased seeds that come with only 10 seeds to a package and shared only 5 seeds of that, However, I have also had seeds sent in with 3 packages of 10 mixed marigold seeds. This is not allowed and they will be returned. These are commercial seeds so know that you will not always get a full gw trade amount (25 seeds). It could be you only get 5 seeds of a perennial geranium because it was purchased with 10 seeds to begin with.

9. I will be posting a separate thread titled Commercial seed swap wish lists only. I ask that you put your seed wish list there for easier matching up for me when I am sorting seeds. I order a lot from swallowtail gardens, other players order from select seeds, T&M, Parks,summerhill. These are good places to start making wish lists from. The more you have on your list, the better chances you have of getting things you would like.

MAILING RULES:

MAILING RULES:
SEEDS MUST REACH ME BY Feb,15th. The packages coming to me should include postage for the return ride home and enough for a delivery conf#. If you don't include enough for delivery conf#, I will not be responsible for your lost package.

I do send seeds from my garden IF they are on your wish list. This is a gift and not counted towards my contribution to the swap.

Seeds will be returned to you no later than Feb,28th. This will allow you time to plant your new bounty!

Lisa

This post was edited by ishareflowers on Tue, Dec 30, 14 at 6:27

Comments (147)

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Today I guess 113.

• dawn1972
    9 years ago

I guess 183 today.

• midwestfarmwife
    9 years ago

My guess for today is 146

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

How about 108 seed packets?

• boggardner
    9 years ago

I'd love to participate...quick question, I purchase a lot of seeds from the Sample Seed Shop, her packages are very basic brown envelopes, is this acceptable for this SWAP? If so I'll post my wish list and sort and mail my extra seeds this weekend!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Boggardener, Everyone is welcome here! Please read the rules of the swap carefully. I'll email you my address.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning,

I popped on this morning to announce the winner of the guessing game. I had looked last night and was going to let upteresa know that she won BUT I went scrolling through the thread to be sure I didn't miss anything. I see that she edited her guess after I had looked last....yikes!

Dawn, you are actually the winner with your guess of 153 packets. There were 151 packets on the table. They are the seeds that this seedaholic has ordered/purchased this year. I'll throw in a packet of marigold flagstaff or zinnia old mexico "take your pick> from your wish list as the prize for the closest guess. Please post here and let me know your choice.

NEW GAME:

I will post a pic from my cell phone in a minute. This will be another guessing game, same thing, tell me how many packets are on the table. These are the 2012 seeds that I just had to have and hold onto last year because I was sure I was going to grow them...yeah right!

I plan on doing some winter sowing and as I do, I will list my leftover seeds from 2012. They could be full packs because I really liked it and bought two or just a few seeds left. I will allow one pick, per day, per person, this will give everyone a chance at something. These will be bonus seeds. I apologize to the veggie growers, they are all flowers!

Atravers, your seeds made it here.

Lisa

This post was edited by ishareflowers on Thu, Jan 15, 15 at 5:52

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I guess 147.

This post was edited by EricaBraun on Thu, Jan 15, 15 at 11:36

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

I like my guess from the last game. 101.

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Good Morning Ladies!!

Ishareflowers ~ you are turning me into a major seedacholic because I want as many seeds packets you have now :) I learned a new word a few days ago called SEEDUCTION.

My guess for today will be 127

• dawn1972
    9 years ago

Wow. I actually tried to count the seed packets. Lol. Thank you so much. I enjoyed playing. My pick is zinna old mexico. Thanks. Can I play this new game also, if not I totally understand.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dawn, the game is open to all, you won fair and square.

I will tell you that every bag you see has more than 1 packet in it.

Lisa

• uptreasa
    9 years ago

That should be a lesson to me, go with my first instinct. Congratulations, Dawn! I'll guess 150 again, LOL.

• dawn1972
    9 years ago

I will guess 215

• midwestfarmwife
    9 years ago

I'll guess 153.

Lisa, I haven't received your mailing address yet.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Midwest, I sent you an email this morning, check your spam or email me direct for address.

Lisa

• SunshineGal
    9 years ago

I'd love to join the swap if it's not too late. I'll email you for your address Lisa. :)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Welcome Sunshinegal,

We are happy to have you join in on the swap, the more the merrier! I sent you my address, mail when you are ready. Take a guess at the game in progress.

If there is anyone out there lurking, you can join right up to the mail date.

Lisa

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Today's guess....144

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Lisa has convinced me to join back in. ;)

I will probably be restricted to container gardening and guerrilla gardening later this year, since I am moving. My list has changed considerably. Thanks!

Sheri

• bluee19
    9 years ago

TGIF 2 Everyone!

My guess today is 185

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I'll guess 157.

• SunshineGal
    9 years ago

My guess is 117 :)

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

How about 168 seed packets?

Annie

• dawn1972
    9 years ago

Todays guess is 200

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Girls, Girls, Girls,

I must tell you that your hostess can be a little sneaky at times.....There are lots of packets hidden under what you can see.......Keep on guessing!

Lisa

• fresc1000
    9 years ago

168 today.
    Package is on its way to you!

• val (MA z6)
    9 years ago

I'd like to join in. Please send me your address for mailing seeds!
    & THANK YOU for hosting this swap!

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

In that case today I will guess 181.

• dawn1972
    9 years ago

My guess for today 362

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good Morning!

Welcome Sunshinegal and Vala. I emailed you both my address, mail when you are ready. Please feel free to take a guess at the game.

I will pick the winner tomorrow. It will be the closest number,at the moment, the closest guess is 46 packets away.

I'll be packing seeds for the new lists today. Please put a wish list up as soon as you can.

• bluee19
    9 years ago

My guess for today is 231.

For those who shop at online at Burpee, there is free shipping until Monday, January 19th. The online code is FSHP15

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

How about 214 seed packets?

Happy Saturday!

Annie

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I guess 211.

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    9 years ago

After looking through some new seed catalogs I revised my list on the wish list thread and added some more wants :)

• uptreasa
    9 years ago

I guess 261.

This post was edited by uptreasa on Sat, Jan 17, 15 at 13:02

• jaynine
    9 years ago

I'll guess 307.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

• herbal
    9 years ago

Please count me in for the swap.
    I'd like to guess 138

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good morning,

Welcome Herbal, Please email me for an address when you are ready to mail. I'm assuming you read the rules carefully and know that you will need to send in original packages or copies of. If you want to send in 2 packages of the same thing, I will only need a copy on one of the packets for verification...Thank you :>

Naturegirl, I will revisit your list :>

WE HAVE A WINNER, UPTREASA! I'm so happy I posted how far off the closest guess was yesterday. I cant believe that she hit the nail on the head with her guess of 261 packets! I thought Dawn was going to win again :)

Treasa, would you rather a packet of lettuce red sails or cucumber satsuki midori?

I'm going to list seeds that I have finally gotten around to winter sowing and have extras of. These are all 2012 commercial and will be considered extras and not counted towards your totals.

I ask that you want to grow what you take and not to trade, I could trade them myself but would rather gift them to someone who really wants to grow it.

As I was looking through these extra packets, I realized that 90% of them are annuals that I cannot sow until March,1st when I start heating my greenhouse. I'm sure this happened because I planted all perennials first and tired of seeds/ sowing by annual time.

Is anyone opposed to pushing the mail home date to the second week of March. There are lots that I want to plant BUT there are too many seeds for just 1 person to sow.

The only way to be fair is to let each person pick one packet per day.

aster- giant princess mix

veronica- gentianoides

catchfly- carmine pink

amaranth-joseph's coat

scabiosa-black night

bergenia- red start

bergenia-red beauty

rodgersia pinnata-I have tried 5 packets of this and failed!

strawflower mix x 3

lychnis-maltese cross

emilia javanica- tassel flower

cosmos dbl. click mix

bergenia - rose

verbena- Tuscany white

zinnia- peppermint stick

yarrow- summer pastels

I should probably mention the extra postage too. If you are going to be picking extra packets you need to send extra postage to cover them. I ALWAYS return any extra postage $ sent with your return package.

That's it for today.

Lisa

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

Lisa, the second week in March is fine with me... of course.

The Joseph's Coat Amaranth is one I could probably plant where I'm going, because it says it likes heat. Thank you for your generosity.

Sheri

• dawn1972
    9 years ago

Congratulations Uptreasa! Sheri, I will take zinnia-peppermint stick. Also do I need to send extra $ since I have those others seeds coming to me? March is fine with me also. Thanks.

Dawn

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    9 years ago

I pick bergenia red start. I've had another color for 25+ years and would love to try adding a new color.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sheri, the Amaranth has been added to your package.

Dawn, I am giving away my extra commercial seeds. I'll add the peppermint stick zinnias to your package. I think you should send xtra postage. I have a lot of collected seeds from your list that I will send if a commercial packet doesn't come in. These DO NOT count towards your swap seeds, they are freebies. If you don't care to receive wish list collected as extra please let me know.

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

Lisa, you are the boss. Mail out whenever it works for you.

Happy Sunday!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Sun, Jan 18, 15 at 12:20

• midwestfarmwife
    9 years ago

Lisa, I would love to try the Giant Princess Aster mix if my postage covers it. I think that I have an extra stamp sealed in my envelope ready to mail tomorrow.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I've love to try the scabiosa-black night. Thank you so much for your generosity!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Midwest, I would open that package and add a couple more stamps. I send back any stamps/cash that is not used.

Lisa

• uptreasa
    9 years ago

Thank you!! I did a little calculation on probable possibilities with your great clue. It worked! Thank you! I would like the Red Sails Lettuce. For my other pick, I'll choose the Cosmos Double Click Mix. I sent my package on to you earlier. I should still be good on postage, I think.

• val (MA z6)
    9 years ago

Hi Lisa,

I'd like to try the summer pastels yarrow please

THANKS MUCH!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Treasa, when did you send your package? I only have packages from Panhandle,bluee, Erica and atravers.

I'm going to make a new thread, please post there.