Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzydaze

UPDATE: big one time seed swap

Belinda Sisemore
16 years ago

First of all IÂd like to thank everyone who joined the swap. I have really enjoyed doing the swap and look forward to more swapping. I stay about a week behind on my gardening all the time. The swap has run longer than normal, a lot due to things going on in my home. I had the double birthday party for my daughter and, Halloween , Thanksgiving was in there and a dozen other things, But I am finally starting on the sorting and will be sending back (in no order what so ever) Hopefully I can get 10 a day done, my goal is at least 10 a day back out so I will hopefully have them done in a week.

Also I will post here and email you (if I can) who got send out as they go so you'll know they are on their way

Next, not everyone send a wish list, for those who did I will try and get a few things off that list for you, Just remember I am not the seed fairy because if I were weÂd all have a beautiful yard.

Next, a lot of Morning Glories and trumpet vine as well as other common seeds came into the swap, so when you get some of these just remember a lot came in and that means I ended up with some too. I will try and spread these out. Here they are like weeds. They grow wild on the ditch banks and every old building in the entire state of Arkansas. I have the trumpet vines on every building in my yard and have not planted those and I have tons of Morning Glories pop up every year that I weed out as weeds.

I am proud to say there wasnÂt a lot of sunflower seeds come in. I canÂt remember seeing not one black oil sunflower seed.

Thanks again

Belinda

Comments (34)

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for all your work on this Belinda - and I for one would love some trumpet vine. Thanks again. thehills

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

great because there is pleanty to go around. A lady sent in purple garlic too and I think there will be enough of that for everyone to have some. I had to take a break today I have 12 done ready to go back out. Just have to double check those.

The garlic was giving me a headache, so I'm taking a break. Gotta eat something too.

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

oohhhh, I love garlic!! lol

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

okay I mailed this picture to a couple of people who said I should post it

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1315893}}

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

Now, that is a pile of seeds! You are ahead of schedule if you have 12 done already.

Thank you for taking the time to host this round robin, I really do appreciate the hard work you are putting into this.

Kris

• dawiff
    16 years ago

Wow, Belinda! That is a freaking awesome pile of seeds! I'd love some more trumpet vine seeds, and I like morning glories too. The garlic sounds interesting, I'd love to try growing some!

Thanks so much for all the hard work!

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

wow! what a pile!!

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Unbelievable!! And yes Belinda I would love some garlic too (if there is enough to go around :)). thehills

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've done 15 now because I won't be able to do any on the week end, hubby will be in and he likes me to do what he wants to do, so I try and be caught up on everything on the week end.

Is that not just an unbelieveable pile of seeds. I pour them on a bed sheet for easy quick pick up.

• shimla
    16 years ago

Wow! That's just amazing. That pic certainly frightened me away from ever volunteering to host one of these things :) I wouldn't know where to begin sorting them all out. People would be waiting months lol!

• etravia
    16 years ago

I would be so overwhelmed! Thanks for hosting Suzy! Your work is greatly appreciated.
    Maggie

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

the overwhelming part is when you get a dozen packages in on the same day

take care and y'all have a good week end

I have a breakfast date with my daughter and Santa Saturday morning'

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

If you have enough garlic and haven't sent mine already I would love some!

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Wow.that pile of seeds is amazing...I sure did not realize there were so many.You are so appreciated for doing this for us..
    If you have not packed mine up,I too would like some garlic.
    Hope you are enjoying the Holidays.
    moonphase

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

update: going out today

Dem_pa
    Country-gardener
    Jackie-123
    pattyb

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have about 8 more ready and being mailed but have no GW names, just real names and I don't like to post those, if I can find you in my email addresses I'll email you that your seeds are coming

thnaks

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

out today

skyblue52
    moonberry
    etravia
    kandituft
    roflol
    linda0102
    and one more

• jackier123
    16 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks so much to Belinda all who sent in seeds.

Jackie

• country_gardener
    16 years ago

Seeds arrived today, on this dreary rainy and foggy day,couldn't have been a better time, they sure brightened my day right up.
    This is awesome, Thank you, I am so pleased with all the seeds and thank you for the 4:o'clocks.
    A Big thank you to all the traders and Thank you Belinda for making it possible....and to all a Very Merry Christmas,
    Bonnie

• dem_pa
    16 years ago

Christmas came early to my mail box. I received my bulging envelope today. Thanks Belinda for being a great host and thanks to all who shared their great seeds.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

dem_pa

• roflol
    16 years ago

My envelope arrived today as well - thank you Belinda and all who sent in seeds, some of which I had never heard of. Thank you, and blessings to all!

Terri (rofLoL)
    ;-)

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

Envelope came Friday when I was stuck in bed from kidney stones- it was a great way to cheer me up! - Thank you everyone!

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

Dear Belinda,

I hope everything is ok in your neck of the woods. We have not heard from you since the 18th of this month. I am sure you have been very busy with Christmas, but would like to know how you are doing.

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Yes, I am wondering, too.

Lime

• moonberry
    16 years ago

I received my envelope this morning...Thank you everyone for sharing such wonderful seeds! I am very grateful! And Thank you Belinda for all of the work and time that you've put into the swap, that was sure a lot of packages to sort through!

Happy Gardening in the New Year!
    Mary

• etravia
    16 years ago

Ooooh, thank you Belinda! Came back from our trip to PA to find a great Christmas present!
    Thank you to all participants & to our great hostess!
    Maggie

• rbrady
    16 years ago

Hi Belinda!

Just wanted to know how it is going. Hope everything is OK with you.

Rhonda

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

Belinda - Can you give those of us who haven't received their seeds an update. Hope all is well.

Thanks
    Sandy

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi everyone
    I will be getting everyone out this week. Along with the holiday, I had to move my husband (for his work). He has been staying in a motel and the company told all of them they'll be paying their own way come Jan 1, so he decided on an apartment. So I had to gather stuff up for an apartment, then help move all of it to the apartment. 4 hour drive there and 4 hours back 2 trips. I was so wore out we slept like logs, he got an upstairs apt and we for sure are not use to stairs, but as soon as my daughter gets up I'll be starting seeds. She slept with me since daddy's gone right now and the bed is usually where I sort my seeds.

Thanks for being so pateint, I am usually not this slow. I too feel like I should have been done. It seems like everytime I get started something else comes up. But I am still working on it and I will work all this week on just getting this one thing done.

Thanks again
    Belinda

• shimla
    16 years ago

Happy New Year, everyone! Belinda, it sounds like your new year is off to a crazy start! Don't fall asleep on the seeds lol :) Thanks for the update and for all the work you're putting into this. I'm so looking forward to my bubbler!

• Belinda Sisemore
    Original Author
    16 years ago

okay I am done!!!! I also have a crick in my neck from sitting all day. But will mail out friday, Today was 17 degrees here and tomorrow will be no warmer, but now friday...we're hitting a heat wave, 70 they say and I'll plunder down to the post office then and get everyone mailed.

thanks for everything
    Belinda

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

Dig out the shorts, big brim hat, and the suntan lotion, that sound like an itchen to get planting. To bad Spring is a few months away yet. I wish I had 70 degrees the warmest we are to get is about 35 on Friday. I am sitting at about 5 below right now, and daydreaming about all the seeds I am going to start planting in Feb. for spring seedlings. Soon oh so soon!

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Belinda,Thank You so very much for being such a great
    Host.Go to Wally world and get you one of those thermal care heat pads for your neck.Stays warm for about 8 hrs and sticks right to your neck,in the right place.lol.I use them for my neck and back alot.Can't wait to see what goodies I am going to ws..
    moonphase

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

OH! goodie
    my mini greenhouse is set up and the pots are in the flates, as soon as it warms up enough to thaw the potting soil I will be ready to WS. YAY
    thanks for all the hard work and the strained neck, all for us.
    thank you, thank you, thank you.
    michelle