Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap 2010 Thank Yous and Games ( thread 5)

Posted by flwrs4ever (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 11, 10 at 11:13

ThankYou Pictures, Images and Photos

Please post here your thanks to the other Elves, and Play games :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap 2010 Thank Yous and Games ( thread

Oh good, I can log in today!

A couple of days ago I got some balloon flower seeds from missmojo, and some blue mistflower and a funny card with Santa getting sucked into a plane engine from kmpsmom. Thank you!

Blue mistflower grows wild in the park near my house. It took me a while to find out what it was. My fiancee and I had been called it "fiber-optic flower" to give you some idea of what it looks like. Cool!

I just counted up how many cushaw squashes I harvested this year. Came out to 25! I'm going to be eating squash forever.

o

thanks to ginger/ggwrn for 4:00s, scarlet o'hara morning glories, and emma's gift morning fglories! i am already planning out my hanging baskets and plotting how to get the bf to build be yet another structure from which to hang pots! thank you so much!

o

What a lovely Saturday we are having. Not only is some of the snow melting, but our town is having the "Olde Tyme Christmas" today. Horse drawn wagon rides, hot cocoa, hand made Christmas presents galore!!
and when I got home...

cards in my mailbox!! :) What a wonderful day! and I want to THANK

missmojo for the Liatris: Spicata

cardinalwv for the Gaillardia and the Rudbeckia

micyrey for the awesome handmade card!! and the Burgundy Gaillardia

xiangirl for the handstamped card (did you make this with a Cricut machine??) It's lovely! and the Blanketflower and Aristata Blanketflower. And the seed packets are amazing!

Thank you all so much! All of your generosity is so heartwarming it just makes me smile :)

Hugs to you all!
vina

o

Hi Gardeners and Swappers

I received two cards yesterday. YIPPPEEE

Thanks so much to MissMojo for the balloon flowers . I loved the elegant simplicity of your card.. I need more of that in my life.

Thank you also to Micryey for the ironweed. I used to grow it but it has disappeared from my garden. I forgot how much the butterflies loved it. Your card reminded me of my Great Aunt Ethel's lovely quilts. Thanks for giving me that memory of her.

o

Finally able to log on today!!! Only 2 emails to gardenweb to fix it :(

I would like to thank...
missmojo for the liatris
Micyrey (Michele) for the Scabosia (and the VERY cute Frosty Card)
Farmergirl (Ellie) for the Nasturtium, Corn Cockle,Mexican hat and Stevia
Lisa831 (Lisa) for the Matina Tomato Seeds
Yotetrapper(Angela)for the Nasturtium, Red and Black Boar Tomato Seeds (been wanting these FOREVER) and viola
Kmpsmom (Ann) for the Jewel of Opar, Morning Glories,Marigolds, Melapodium,and Mandarin cross Tomato seeds
Deergarden for the Stevia

Thanks everyone. Hope your having as much fun as I am with this swap.

Andrea

o

Two more cards today!
From Granniebea I got some of those red zinnias I see in the pics (very excited about these!), dill, purslane, and lettuce. All will be definitely used.
From Vina/Flowergirl34 i got yarrow and becky daisy! I am thrilled with all! thanks so much!
And gorgeous cards, I might add!
Hugs, Melinda

o

Santa Mailman just left another card - thank you Vina (Flowergirl34) for the Maximilian sunflowers and the pink sweet peas! Can't wait to start WSing in a little more than a week.

o

Just received 2 cards:

Thank you MissMojo for the Balloon Flower--I just looked it up and was delighted to find it listed under deer resistant plants! We'll find out how ours like it this Spring.

Thank you Smitties for the Yarrow, Fennel and Sorrel--I can't wait to try them out! The trees around here have gotten confused and started budding out; at this rate, I'm liable to do the same :).

o

Doris1 sent me some orange trumpet and mexican flame vine which I am looking forward to growing in my garden.

Missmoio sent some Platycodonn Grandiflorus enclosed in a lovely card. A lot of the elves have inspired me with their creativity.

ggwrn (Ginger) - Giant Red Zinnias, Pink Muhly Grass and 4 oclocks in a really cute Christmas Card. I can't wait to get these seeds started.

Paulan70 sent some mixed hibiscus and rudbeckia in a very nice card. I will have some very pretty flowers growing in my yard this year.

RuthZ - A very nice card with mirabilis, zinnia scarlet flame, japanese morning glory which is beautiful! and hyacinth bean. Your labels will be so helpful for me when it's time to sow my seeds.

It has been a wonderful week. Many thank you's to everyone for the warm wishes and fabulous seeds.

Joyce

o

Two more cards today...yippee!!!!
Xiangirl sent zinnias and blanketflowers, both of which will look great in the summer sun!
Gmom sent mixed foxglove, orange cosmos, and a cosmos mix, all wrapped up in christmas paper. She also sent along some sugar cookie sleigh ride herbal tea, which I'm going to save enjoy tomorrow afternoon while making out my cards for the family whilst listening to some trans-siberian orchestra. We're supposed to get 12-16 inches of more snow, with winds up to 40mph, so it'll be a good day to stay indoors, eh? Sugar cookies are my favorite type of cookie, so I'm looking forward to enjoying this tea! YUM!!

-Dan

o

Oh my Dan, you sure have been getting your fair share of snow already. We had a little yesterday but my husband and I were in Columbus and missed it. By the time we got home, it had all melted. I canceled some travel plans to meet a friend for dinner tonight cause they were calling for a nasty mess but seems we will miss it. Hope it doesn't hit too hard on ya.

Enjoy that trans-siberian orchestra. My daughter and I went to see them last month and the concert was amazing. They were fantastic and played for a long time with no break. Highly recommend everyone see them if possible.

Stay warm, Margo

o

It's hard keeping track of who I need to thank between trips to use the library computer. I need some sort of system (but then, a lot of my life would benefit from a system. I am just not an organized person!). Trying to settle the dust from moving is made easier by the dreams of my summer garden supplied by generous elves!

Thank you to Lisa831 for Matina tomatoes. My all-time favorite tomato!
Wishdesign for Pinwheel zinnias, Lion's ear, and kale mix (yum!).
Missmojo for Liatris,
Ishareflowers for heliopsis "Summer Sun" and Tall snapdragons,
JMT2213 for Bachelor buttons, Golden Globe beets, and Moons and Stars Watermelon,
And fcoffill for Dark purple columbines.

We don't get much mail at our new house, so all these envelopes make it feel more like home (plus, they are more fun than the water and sewage bills!)

Ellie

o

Dan; my daughter took me to see the Trans-Syberian Orchestra last Christmas. They were incredible- and way different from anything this country girl had ever seen- LOL!! They are an experience that every one should have.

I just realized that my husband did not give me any grief about mailing my cards this year. I think it is because he is enjoying looking at the envelopes to see where they all have come from.

Missmojo: my first hand made card and Purple Balloon Flowers

Aphroditelaughs: angel card with Amaranth, Gold Coast Statice, Summer Peaches Alysum. Loved those seed envelope labels

Molly_and_me: pretty wreath card and Pink Gromphrena

Paulan70: bells n ribbon card- mixed Impatiens and mixed Hybiscus

Kmpsmom: too cute snoopy card with yellow Zinnia

Rbrady: perfect gardener's wreath card with white Gomphrena and Sambucus Americana (I loved Elderberries muffins when I was a kid, and elderberry wine as a young adult, but I could not find any info on this specific variety when I searched it?) I am excited to grow it anyhow!

Again, many thanks for sharing the Christmas spirit and these wonderful cards and seeds with me. Many hugs to you all

o

I'm going to quit watching the news! Now they've updated the snow forecast to over 20 inches before Monday morning...brrrrrrr!!!
I went looking tonight for a winter coat, and found that they're so picked over it's pitiful. I know, I know, I should've done this a long time ago, right? I got home just in time to beat the snow, which has started to fall with an inch of accumulation already. I've made myself a cup of that sugar cookie tea and it tastes great! Also, I found myself a great winter coat online, and it'll be here sometime between Wednesday and Friday. I've been without one for a number of years, so a few more days won't matter, but I'm looking forward to having one soon! Yee-haw!

o
day 11 of 12 days of Christmas

Day 11 Name the Song �

1. "Round yon virgin mother and child":
Jingle Bells
Silent Night
I'll Be Home For Christmas
We Three Kings

2. "Bearing gifts we traverse afar":
Jingle Bells
Silent Night
We Three Kings

3. "And Heaven and nature sing":
Away in a Manger
Joy to the World
While Shepherds Watched
White Christmas

4. "Tis the season to be jolly":
Deck the Halls
While Shepherds Watched
Jingle Bells
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

5. "God and sinners reconciled":
O Come O Come Emmanuel
O come All Ye Faithful
Hark the Herald Angels
The First Noel

6. "Disperse the gloomy clouds of night":
O Come All Ye Faithful
O Come O Come Emmanuel
Hark the Herald Angels
The First Noel

7. "Joyful and triumphant":
O Come All Ye Faithful
Joy to the World
Deck the Halls
Ave Maria

8. "Looked down where he lay":
The First Noel
Little Town of Bethlehem
Joy to the World
Away in a Manger

9. "O tidings of comfort and joy":
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
The First Noel
Ding Dong Merrily on High
Away in a Manger

10. "On a cold winter's night that was so deep":
Away in a Manger
The First Noel
Ave Maria

o

wow, dan, 20 inches? we're supposed to get 8 and the grocery stores are packed with frantic people. i don't know how those of you in north deal with all that snow. i guess you're much more equipped to deal with it than we are. waynesburg got hammered last year with the most snow we've had in a decade, about 24-30 inches, and out power was out for two weeks, phones out for over a week, no school for almost three weeks. thankfully we heat with wood anyway and out freezers were packed, but that was nothing compared to what you guys deal with every winter! you have my utmost respect!

o

OMG! I finally logged on tonight!

Daffodillady- I received it in a trade but I am willing to bet it is supposed to be Sambucus canadensis-American (or common) elderberry:-)

Now for the thank yous to all the wonderful people that have sent me seeds:-)

Lois in PA Odin and Thor sent me surprise seeds!
KMPSMOM sent me Petunia mix
Paulan70 sent me Purple Wave Petunias and Petunia mix
Ilovefarac sent me Petunia Pink Wave, Petunia Frost Mix, and Petunia Prism Sunshine
and Ishare sent me Heuchera Mocha and Coleus Electric Lime.

Thank you for all of the beautiful cards and for the great seeds!

The weather today has been terrible-first it rained like crazy-then it turned to freezing rain and sleet then snow. We are in a blizzard watch until Monday. I am actually kind of glad it rained first-otherwise we would have been dumped on with snow. Ahhhh-December in the Midwest:-)Rhonda

o

Hi,

What a blizzard we had today -- about 6" of snow blowing around! Right now it has quit snowing, but we still have terrible winds and a windchill advisory ( its +1 -- bbrr).

But, despite the snow and cold my dear Todd bundled up and made me a path to the mailbox with the snowblower -- what a sweetheart! And, it was well worth it because I received another card. :)

beauswatch ~~ sent some red cypress vine, and some pink climbing vine -- can't wait to try the pink vine -- sounds neat! Thank you so much!

Hope you all are having a great evening!

Crisann

o

Whew finally able to post again~

Such amazing cards, home made and bought! And such wonderful seeds, sure does brighten the season and make me feel like spring is right around the corner~

Thank you so much~

flowergirl34 for the beautiful card and the blue flax giant morning glory mix, I can't wait to see them bloom~

Micyrey for the wonderful card-I just love it! and the morning glory, purple and minibar rose, spring can't come soon enough to put these in the ground~

Erica-Please give kisses to your little one for making helping to make such a beautiful card~and for the peaches and cream sweet corn, and the black beauty zucchini-yummmmm..

Jenny JMT2213 for the lovely card and the, delphinium, blue bachelor buttons, and golden zuchini~planting time needs to come real soon to get these beauties in the ground!!

Many blessings and wonderful holidays to you and your families~

o

Good evening everyone. I'm so happy I received a card today. :)

It came from Paulan70. Thanks so much for the impatiens and petunia seeds. :)

o

I was happy to find more treasures in my mailbox Friday and Saturday.

From miss moso I received a lovely handmade card with liatris seeds all wrapped like the present they are, thank you.

Wishdesign sent a fun snowman card with red velvet lettuce and fish peper seeds from my wish list. I am cant wait to get these started, thank you.

Aphroditelaughs sent lettuce blend, bok choi, hulless black popcorn and strawberry popcorn. Wow that strawberry popcorn looks soooo cute. I never thought about growing that it will be fun to try. Thank you.

Dirtdaddy sent me a bunch of food also. Bibb lettuce yumm, cherry belle raddish, and peppers that I have been wanting to grow cascabella hot, tolles italian, a fish - YES. Thank you.

DAN 20" of snow? Oh my ! I'm freakin out cause its going down to 34 here Monday and my poor orchids have been living in my bathroom, and taking over the pool table for a week now. I have been covering and uncovering my tomatos and tender tropicals. 20" and you are going to deliver mail????? I guess thats why they call you dan the man.

o
RE: Answers to Day 11 Name The Song Game

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping warm. Another storm is on the way here in NE Ohio.

Here are my answers:

1) Silent Night
2) We Three Kings
3) Joy to the World
4) Deck the Halls
5) Hark the Herald Angels
6) O Come O Come Emmanuel
7) O Come All Ye Faithful
8) Away in a Manger
9) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
10) The First Noel

Have to run out and stock up on rock salt.

Sue

o

Got a card from flowergirl34 today!

I got agastache honey bee blue and blue flax. Can't wait to try them! Thank you!

Holly

o

YATA!!!!! *dances like crazy and throws a party*

i can FINALLY post!!! (somehow my country wasnt set --which i thinnk it REQUIRES on sign-up-- and it had said i was in zone 10 which i think is FAR different from 5 where i am)

ok now i get to thank dirtdaddy for the seeds (of which i know where were moon floweer bush peter peppers and dr wyches tomato and outhers--i wasnt able to get on right away so i just went organised into system-- which definately look like fun) and the elvis card --which looks way cool from an artistic stance

and kmpsmom for liatris (which looks perfect for the macro gardens)

thankies muchly!

o

Woohoo! I can log on today!

On Friday, I got 2 new cards.

From missmojo, I got purple balloon flowers wrapped up like a present and an awesome hand-stamped card!

From cardinalwv, I got some lavender asters and mix-colored columbines inside of a beautiful card.

Thank you both! I love and can't wait to plant these seeds!

o

Got two more cards.

mismojo sent me cute holly card and Liatris spicata seed. Can't wait to grow it. Thanks a lot

Paulan70 sent me cute christmas tree card, Petunia purple wave and Petunia mix seeds. (I love.. love Petunias so my garden will look good.) Thank you so much.

o

Many thanks to the following gardeners:

Melinda (ilovefarac) - Orange thyme and Dill
Joyce (beauswatch) - Autumn Joy Sedum and Dill
Missmojo - Liatris Spicata
Rhonda (rbrady) - Sedum matrona

The cards are lovely and such fun to receive these cards and seeds in the mail. Merry Christmas to all and I hope we have this swap again next year. It has made my whole month merry!

Brr... some of you are sure getting some cold temperatures and lots of snow. Stay safe and warm!

Jeanne

o

Many thanks to dirtdaddy (David) for the lovely Christmas card and the amazing seeds. He sent me thai basil, honeydew, purple top white globe turnips, beefsteak tomato, curled parsley, and mustard, India. Wow! I am so blessed to receive so many seeds. You really made my day! I love this swap. This is the first year I am participating in the secret santa seed swap, and it is really great!!!!

o

I am so behind. Missmojo send platycodon grandiflorus.Ruth Z sent me columbine and butterfly weed. Margarite gave me chinese lanterns and cosmos. Ginger/ggwrn sent asclepsia tuberosa and Hyssop. Thank you everyone for the lovely seeds and the beautiful cards.

mao

o

I got a card on Saturday from Ginger, ggwm.
She sent amaranthus hot biscuits and carlet flax seeds.
Thank you so much for them.
Faye!

o

Gosh, I'm way behind in thanking folks for all the wonderful seeds I've been receiving! I've been sick this week and didn't get on the computer very much. But when the mail came, it made me feel so much better! I want to thank the following generous elves:

ruthz - Mexican Sunflower, Japanese Morning Glories "Star of India" and "Akatsukino Mai"
pumpkingal - Asiatic/Oriental Lily Mix, Rose Hibiscus, "Maximillian" Sunflower, Burgundy Hollyhock, Shasta Daisy "Alaska"
sherrih - Orange Cosmos, Light Blue Morning Glory
hibiscusfan - Coreopsis "Early Sunrise", Blue Mix Salvia, Becky Daisy, Coreopsis "Autumn Blush", "Disco Belle" and "Red Luna" Hibiscus, Crazy Daisy, Pink Dinnerplate Hibiscus, Shasta Daisy
rbrady - Northern Sea Oats, Cardinal Climber Morning Glory
v1rtu0s1ty - Coreopsis "Tetra Giants", Orange Cosmos, Hollyhock
sky2009 - Morning Glory Mix
beauswatch - "Luna Blush" Hardy Hibiscus, "Red Texas Star" Hardy Hibiscus
margarita10 - Yellow Sunflower, Morning Glory Mix, Orange Cosmos
ggwrn - Mixed Hollyhocks, Titonia Mexican Sunflower, Mixed Cosmos
missmojo - Balloon Flower
tbgardens - Bibical Anise Hyssop, Scarlet Creeper Vine, White Cypress Vine, Purple Clitoria Vine, Coral Pink Dwarf Hibiscus, Red Dwarf Hibiscus "Lil Mischief", White Amarylis with Red Stripes

WOW! What an exciting assortment of seeds! I can't wait to start my wintersowing! Words can not express how much I appreciate all of you sharing your seeds with me. It is a blessing to be part of such a nice group of people. Thank you again for the seeds and the beautiful cards.

Daisy

o

So behind on thank yous too!! I can't believe the generosity of gwers. I'm putting all the cards on my piano to keep me in the holiday spirit. Can't wait to start winter sowing in January..I'm so excited to plant these. :)

Plant-one-on-me - Lupines
not-the-green-thumb - Brunswick cabbage (cute card!)
RBrady - Hostas and daylilies
Ginger (don't know gw name) - poppies, bee balm, hosta
Paulan70 - Beefsteak tomatoes, and giant red cherry
Margarita10 - Serrano peppers,Bulgarian carrot, shasta daisy, Roma Tomatoes
MissMojo - Liatris Spicata
Wishdesign - cherokee purple tomato, kelloggs breakfast tomato, lettuce leaf basil, red velvet lettuce
SherriH - blue lupines
Vina/flowergirl34 - jackmanii clematis, Asiatic lily mix, Marshall's delight bee balm, alaska daisy

Thank you all so much again for the cards and seeds!
~julie2112

o

I haven't been able to post for a few days and have a lot to thank people for.

Missmojo sent: liatris

Kmpsmom sent: Lilians yellow beefsteak tomato, scarlet starlet marigold, tomato banana legs?, double yellow marigold, noid Iris, and dwarf shasta.

Flowergirl34: Asiatic/Oriental lily mix, three yarrows, white, paprika, and dark purple, Alaska Daisy, Becky Daisy, ruby giant coneflower, maximillian sunflower, and pink gerbera daisy.

Cardinal WV: coneflower and foxglove mix.

Ilovefarac: Three nice daylily crosses and African Queen trumpet lily.

Wishdesign: Siam Queen Basil, kale mix and Persian carpet zinnias.

Micrey: Candy lily and a very nice handmade card. I'm so envious of people who do that. I wish I could.

Molly and me: Handmade seed paper with Mammoth sweet basil, and dwarf fairy mix candytuff.

Suegardens2: California giant zinnia

gmom26boys: foxglove mix

Hibiscusfan: Antirrtium- splash of color, and shasta daisy.

This coming year I hope to redo a lot of my flower beds and you guys have certainly made that possible with all of your generosity.

Thank you,

Debby

o

Hi everyone ! Hope you are all keeping warm, its rainy and dreary here but all I have to do to warm up is look at all the wonderful seeds that you have sent me ;-) Thank yous go out to :

Fcoffill, Frances, for Sweet100 cherry tomato seeds, they are my fave too and I grow them every year ! yum !

Jean, Wishdesign ( we are almost neighbors ) sent cubanelle pepper, tuscan kale, aunt molly's ground cherries and lettuce leaf basil ! love them all , can't wait to plant these !

Missmojo sent a beautiful homemade card with purple balloon flowers , look forward to growing these for the first time !

Ruthz sent "Tiger Eyes" and "Maya" Rudbeckia ... I love Rudbeckia and am trying to add more to my flower beds , didn't have these two yet ;-)

Micyrey sent a cute homemade snowman card with Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia ;-) love them !

CardinalWV, Imogene, sent Rudbeckia and Foxglove, thank you !

Keiki sent a great handpainted card from Florida , love the palm tree, makes me miss Florida where I lived for 17 years before moving to Maryland ... she sent cherokee wax beans, Marconi pepper for my veggie garden and Dill for my herb garden , also from my most wanted list ;-)and very nice note inside , thank you so much ;-)

I know I have already said this but I want to say it again ... thank you all from the bottom of my heart , sharing your seeds with me helps me think positive to be healthy by planting time ;-) and sending me notes, prayers and well wishes lifts my spirits during this very difficult time.

Iris

o
Day 12 of The 12 Days of Christmas

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE DO NOT POST ANSWERS !! Hold on to ur answers...for all 12 days !!

Monday to Wed email me your answers....then I will post answers for those that would like to know how they did, and choose a WINNER :))) ALL entries will be included in a drawing !! ( you do not have to know all questions to enter )

Day 12

Day 12

1. "Think of all the fellows that I haven't kissed":
Jingle Bells
I'll Be Home for Christmas
Santa Baby
We Three Kings

2. "Please have snow and mistletoe and presents under the tree":
Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Silent Night
Jingle Bells

3. "Oh what fun it is to ride":
Away in a Manger
Jingle Bells
While Shepherds Watched
White Christmas

4. "Come on, it's lovely weather":
Deck the Halls
While Shepherds Watched
Jingle Bells
Sleigh Ride

5. "Hang a shining star upon the highest bough":
O Come O Come Emmanuel
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Hark the Herald Angels
Frosty the Snowman

6. "A corn cob pipe and a button nose":
Jingle Bells
O Come O Come Emmanuel
Hark the Herald Angels
Frosty the Snowman

7. "City sidewalk, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style":
Silver Bells
Joy to the World
Deck the Halls
Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer

8. "Been drinking too much eggnog":
The First Noel
Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
Joy to the World
Merry Christmas Judy

9. "And if you ever saw him":
Frosty the Snowman
The First Noel
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Away in a Manger

10. "Somebody snitched on me":
Bill's Christmas Treat
The First Noel
Nuttin' for Christmas
Deck the Halls

o

FINALLY able to login today!!!

THANK YOU TO:
missmoso for her cutely wrapped liatris spicata! Neat how you used wrapping paper! Very cute!!

hibiscusfan for her unique card & rudbeckia-cappuccino & candy lily!! REALLY EXCITED about candy lily!!

kmpsmom for her ADORABLE Snoopy card (I LOVE SNOOPY) & the bunny tail grass!! My kiddos are gonna love this plant!!

This is such a blessing to receive cards instead of bills!! Really adds alot of fun & thrill to my day! :P

Jodie

o

Thank you so much Micrey for the wonderful lemon balm. They will make a welcome addition to my herb garden!!

o
Thank yous for Seed Santas

All the cards and seeds have brought me great joy, Thanks!
MICYREY sent a wonderful hand made card & seeds for red Amaranthus which I've always admired in seed catalogs but now have seeds to try.
MISSMOJO also sent a hand embellished card with seeds I've thought about but never planted. I love blue and purple flowers so I like them already.
SMITTIES sent a great card with "seeds of hope", two kinds of coneflowers seeds I've desired a couple of years and can't wait to plant by my purple ones.

o

It has been a busy weekend I recieved a lot of cards! Stuffed with holiday cheer and seeds, they will all be welcom additions to my garden and to my SIL's garden too!

micyrey 2 types of morning glories
rbrady Kong Mosaic Coleus
ilovlarac burgundy gaillardia
suegardens Blue Japanese Morning Glories
miss mojo liatris spicata
flowergirl34 milkweedand gallardia firewheel
ruthz calypso and sangria peppers and J Morning GLory
dirtdaddy Fish, Thai Bird, Tolles, Black Pearl and Purple chiltepin Peppers!!! WOW!

I am positively shocked by the condition of the cards this year. 2 so far have arrived in plastic bags with an 'We're Sorry" message from the post office. the shocker is that these envelopes were really not that bad compared to some others.

Static cling from the plastic seed packets was all that was holding some of the seeds inside the cards!

I recieved a few with "Postage due" stamped on them, but they were delivered anyway. I am really surprised at the postal service this year, I know that regulations are more strictly adhered to in some areas than others, but the variety of strange looking mail is just astonishing!

as an example, I recieved Michell's (micyrey) card in a plastic bag, and only a corner of the envelope flap was loose. I received another card in an envelope that was open on three sides. the little seed bag was clinging inside like a little miracle but there was no plastic bage from the postal service!

I will never bad mouth the Postal Workers. they work hard, very hard especially at Christman, but WOW!!!!

Anyway I hope that you are all having a special day, staying warm and safe. Thanks you all so much for your generousity in sharing your gardens!

o

Am I missing something? I haven't seen any Bingo words for a while but I might have missed someone posting they had BINGO.

Nasty weather here today. Schools all over are closed. The state changed the rules and schools only get 3 days this year instead of 5. When you are using your first one in early December, things don't look very promising. We only had a couple of inches but some was the wet stuff which froze half way through the day and with more snow falling, that made a nasty mess through the night.

My family is home for the day and I have to work. :( I did get called to come in an hour later and I think I will probably go home a little earlier.

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe. Smitties

o

I have received 3 more cards.
Missmojo sent balloon flower - thank you I love it when the flowers look like little balloons.
ilovefarac sent stokes aster, penstemon digitalis and penstemon huskers red - thank you I know my butterfly population is going to increase with all these great new flowers I will have.
rbrady sent seeds for several native plants -cardinal flower, helenium, side oats grama, monkey flower and culvers root - thank you ,I am trying to increase the native plants in my yard. Some of these will be good for my bog garden also.
We haven't had any snow here, but it has been way too cold to be outside much. It is supposed to be 12 degrees tonight. I dread going to work at 6:30 in the morning.

Ginger

o

I got 4 more cards today! Wow!!!

From suegardens2, I got a cute holly card with California Giants Zinnia and Seashell Mix Cosmos seeds. I have actually never grown Cosmos so I am really excited! I looked up the seashell mix and they are really pretty! :) Love both of the packets dearly. Thanks so much!

From celeegra, I got a beautiful art print card along with pink poppies, purple longspur columbine, double yellow lily, and formosa lily seeds. So generous! The formosa lily seeds look so interesting. Can't wait to plant all of the seeds you sent! Thank you thank you!!!

From perkybarb, I got a nice pinecone card with unwin mix dahlia, lambs ear, indian summer blackeyed susans, pink and white columbine, and pink hollyhock seeds! My lamb's ear plants died because I transplanted them badly I guess. So I now get a chance to bring them back! I am excited to try out the dahlia seeds as well as I have never grown dahlias from seed. Love them ALL! Thanks for your generosity and the kind wishes!!!

From graanieb, I got a really pretty embellished envelope which had a pinecone wreath card inside (did you add glitter yourself?! It's BEAUTIFUL!) along with tons of seeds! I got Sonata-White and Happy Ring Cosmos, Red Chinese Lanterns, Red Tithonia, and Cinnamon Basil seeds! These are all new to me! I'm so excited to plant the Chinese lanterns - I looked them up and they look so cool and so do all of the other seeds! Thank you so much!!!

Thank you all - I love all of the seeds and will plant them with care! :)

o

So excited to finally send out my first batch of cards, I forgot to put the pretty Christmas stickers on them. Just reading about all that snow made my nose go cold! We are getting temps 20 degrees below normal tonight, so will have to bring in our potted plants and cover many other plants tonight.

I put all the cards together to say my thank you's, tipped them sideways and some fell out, so I hope I have them right! From Margerita10 I received some lovely rudbeckia's and Canna indica in a card with Santa getting ready to come down the chimney in the snow, cut neatly in half along the spine! Seeds are okay though. From Missmojo some very pretty balloon flowers in a handmade card with a holly stam and hand written Happy Holidays. A really sweet card from Ruth Z with friends, home, joy, a snowman and such with yummy culantro and a dramatic Datura 'White Ballerina'!

Thank you so much and can't wait for today's mail!

o

smitties, I too am in OH & yes, only 3 calamity days. My son's school had a small fire in the basement back in early Nov & guess what, due to the clean up from the fire they had NO SCHOOL FOR 3 days! technically, they have used ALL their days before we got out 1st snowflake! Now today is a snow day..... guess we will be going to school into summer!!!!!!! :( ................:( ................ :(
:( .......... :( ........ :(

o

I got mail.....

MISSMOJO sent me...
Balloon Flower

RUTH Z sent me...
Salvia Coccinea Lady in Red
Larkspur double blue and purple

GGWRN (Ginger) sent me...
Salvia Coccinea
Zinnia Profusion Fire
Verbena Bonariensis

Thanks so much. I love the cards and the seeds and the happiness!

Merry...Merry Christmas!

Annie

o

I got mail.....

MISSMOJO sent me...
Balloon Flower

RUTH Z sent me...
Salvia Coccinea Lady in Red
Larkspur double blue and purple

GGWRN (Ginger) sent me...
Salvia Coccinea
Zinnia Profusion Fire
Verbena Bonariensis

Thanks so much. I love the cards and the seeds and the happiness!

Merry...Merry Christmas!

Annie

o

I just left feedback for all of the cards I got so far on the rate and review pages for members, as some of the members didn't have any or very few. If anyone else wants to do so for others, leave your feedback on this forum! http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/raterev/

o

Hi all! I just received another card...from...

ilovefarac (melinda): zinnia: zowie wowie yellow flame. These have been on my want list for A LONG time!! Thank you so much!! And a really cute card too!

I'm getting close to B I N G O...did anybody win yet?

And great idea red, I think I'll post on the R&R board too. Everyone has just been so generous in this swap and can't thank you all enough!

((((HUGS))))
vina

o

Wow reading all of these posts makes me remember it is winter! I live in Southern California and it is 80 on the patio right now. I have about a hundred seedlings going right now for my garden and am still picking cherry tomatoes and strawberries! I received my first cards and I am very excited. Thanks to Dan themailman for two types of gourd seeds bushel, and kettle. My husband just bought a new woodburner tool for making gourd art so we plan on planting a large crop this next season. Thanks to Margo (smitties) for egg gourd seeds which will be fun to use, and potluck cucmber. Thanks to Lisa (ishare) for lemon balm and lemon basil, which I will plant today! Getting new varieties of seeds really brightens my day! I love looking them up on the computer, getting them planted and then figuring out where to put them in my garden. The most fun comes with sharing my garden production with friends and family! I have been busy making goodies, just finished a batch of lavender basil soap, and a big pot of fig jam.

Hope everyone is having a great Holiday season so far!

Diana
w9yards

o

I also rec'd 2 more wonderful cards today!
Thanks so much goes to gmom2-6boys! She sent me a wonderful treat of sugar cookie sleigh ride herb tea along with agastache lavender! Thanks so much!
And a wonderful card and note from celeegra!She sent me kale, collards, columbine lemon ice, and 2 types of tomatoes!! I am thrilled!
Thanks to all who have sent to me so far!
My only regret with this swap is that I can't send to everyone!! It is so much fun sharing my things with you all! (I did mail some more yesterday-the end of them)!
May you all be blessed this year and many more to come!
Hugs to all, Melinda

o

I received more cards today. It so much fun to get the mail lately.

From Paula (Paulan70)-cosmos, petunia, and rudbeckia. Thanks Paula, this will really get me going this Spring.

From Suegardens2- California giant zinnia mix. Thanks Sue, Zinnias do well in my yard and will bring a lot of color.

From Barbara (perkybarb)- evening primrose, purple coneflower, indian summer blackeyed susans, and hardy hibiscus. Thanks Barb, I am excited to add these to the garden after this cold goes away. I like the organized labels you made too.

From Crystal (crisann)- Joe Pye Weed and hibiscus mix, and monarda mix. Thanks Crystal, I wanted to try Joe Pye Weed for a while and I am starting on a hibiscus and monarda kick now. I like the card. I presume that Elli is the dog featured?

Thanks everyone for giving me something nice to look forward to everyday.

o

my thanks go to crisann for the adorable pic of elli in lights plus hibiscus, hardy hibiscus, and 4:00s! funny timing too since i spend much of last night reading about starting hibs from seeds and how to get seed from the hibiscus society :)

and thank you red for answering a lingering question of mine about whether we should post reviews. it is nice to have positive feedback.

o

I'd like to THANK whoever fixed the posting problems!
Also I'd like to thank Miss Mojo for the card and liatris seed.
KYM, hows Princess doing? dd

o

Don't stop mailboxing! Mine are on their way!! :D

Although, I have to apologize because I ran out of Christmas cards :'( So some of you might get non-Christmas cards that I tried to make Christmasy by drawing holiday stuff in them. My drawing skills aren't the greatest, but I think it made them look a little better. I hope. lol!

Holly

o

I got another card in the mail today. It was from daffodillady. She sent gaillardia, amaranth and datura. Thank you, these are going to look great in my gardens.

Ginger

o

oh w9yards/diana, i am so jealous of your 80 degrees right now! we were supposed to get snow, but only got a few inches, but it has been and will be in the teens for a very long time and my toes are sooooooo cold LOL. i will be starting some things soon too but winter sowing is not as instantly gratifying as just planting and watching for those tiny leaves to pop up :)

o
Thank You

Today I received 2 more cards with seeds:

##Ruth Z## sent 4 packets of seeds in a very nice card. Can't wait till Spring Ruth

##Bea L## From LA sent me 3 packets of seeds in a very pretty card - quite sparkly!!!!

Thanks to both of you and have a very Merry Christmas

o

Hi Swappers

I received a wonderful card from Celeegra today. It contained three interesting varieties of columbine, woodside gold, green apples, and heirloom black. Whooohooo....
I do not have any of them and I love columbine, and I love unusual plants, so I scored! Thank you so much for the seeds.

o

today was spent in the snowdrifts, trying to find mailboxes I could reach to put some mail in. as for packages, carrying those was a waste of time because I couldn't get down or up any driveways to reach the doors. can we say you've been notified to come pick up a parcel at the post office???
as tiring as today was, it was wonderful to come home to a couple of christmas cards from Ginger/ggwrn and Carolynp! Carolyn sent coneflowers and nasturtiums, and coneflowers and zinnias! THANK YOU LADIES! These will look great in the yard next summer!

And on that note, this tired mailman is going to bed. Have a great night everyone!
Peace.
-Dan

o

I received two more cards.

Thank you, Amanda (neohippie) for the Hawkins Plum tomato! I can't seem to find any info online on that one. Is it the same as Mr. Hawkins, or Jack Hawkins? I'd love any information that you might have about it.

Thank you, Missmojo, for the Balloon Flower seeds! I feel bad that I don't grow any purple flowers, but I'll be sure to pass it on to someone that will enjoy them : )

Started wrapping presents for the children today, and am going to spend tomorrow getting all of my seeds packaged up, so the cards will be ready to mail on Wednesday.

Thanks again for brightening up the holidays!!!

Bonnie

o

I got a lot of cards over the weekend and today!!!

Thanks generous GW Santa's

CARDS I RECEIVED so far

Flowergirl134
Lois (Odin and Thor)
Dan the Mailman � larkspur
Yotrapper �marigold, Ruds, and dianthus
Jodie 74- Thyme and 2 types of daisy
Pumpkingal , -Glorosia daisy, Alaska daisy, BES and yellow gallardia
Fcoffill --marigold
Ruth Z---peppers
Ohiovalleygardener peppers
Redthreaddiy --chives, marigolds, tomato, gallardia, foxglove� (love the packages)
Perkybarb�primrose, chives, BES,
Molly and me �salvia
Plant one on me�spinach and daisy
Paulan70 �Ruds
Missmojo balloon flower
Cardinalwv ruds and foxglove
Keiki �gallardia, tomatoes
Ilovefarac �foxglove and gallardia
Photobucket
I have been sick and the cards are a big pick me up!
I love them all!
Karen

o

I received two more seed greetings today.

Thanks to Carolynp for cherry rose jewel nasturtium and to perkybarb for white moon flower seeds, evening primrose, pampas grass, and lambs ear.

I just get so excited for gardening again when I get all these wonderful seeds.

o

i,m truely sorry its taken me this long to tellyou all thanks so much for your wanderful cards and seeds . its been such a joy to find them in the mail . hope you all have a wanderful Christmas with your family and friends .Nlb52
hoving yellow coneflower
gmom2-6boys cosmoe mix
flowergirl134 gaillardia
vicci turner cosmos bright lights
Micyrey mixed moring glorys , also crimson rambler
fearadyn blanket flower , mutant marigold ,calendula marigold
Kmpsmom yellow sunshine gaillardia
ran-grow blanket flower
Jodie74 mexican hats , love in a mist
GWRBRADY golden gaillardia ,ratibida , arisaema
again i thank you all. Nancy

o

Received 3 more beautiful cards filled with seeds today.

crisann sent me a Hardy Hibiscus Mix, Yellow Hollyhock, and a Malva mix. I loved the sweet picture of your beautiful puppy.
mao_tse_mom send me Mexican Sunflower "Torch", Cosmos "Bright Lights", and Sunflower "Citrus Gold" - all tucked away in a cute Santa card.
I received Hardy Hibiscus, Pinkish White Lily, and Tall White Lily seeds from daffodillady. Thanks for the card with the beautiful Winter snow scene Beth.

I read where so many of our gardening friends are experiencing lots of snow already. Since I'm down here in West Central Georgia, we all got so excited when we saw a few snowflakes falling yesterday! You would laugh if you could see how everything comes to a grinding halt when we do have a rare snowfall - schools, businesses, and churches close. It is a treat for all of us and we're hoping we get a really big snow this Winter!

o

Yeah baby! Believe it,...another card-n-seeds here today!

From not-the-green-thumb (Erica): A cute handmade 3D-reindeer card with the following seeds - Aunt Ruby's German Green Tomato (heirloom) (Beafsteak type slicer, green when mature and reputedly dee-licious) and Peaches and Cream sweet corn (An extremely popular bi-color). Can't wait to Winter Sow these babies! Thank you so very much, Erica! Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to you and yours :)

o

Just finished digging myself out of 18 inches of snow.. SnowMyGod!

I have received 10 wonderful cards; thank you so much to everyone. It is so much fun to find them in the mailbox.

o

I can't believe how much I enjoy waiting for the mail now - so much nicer than those nasty bills. I haven't been involved in the games just because life's a little hectic between my job (working in an all-girl school and with Middle School age girls will do that to you) and family issues, but I love the Christmas spirit from all my new and old GW friends. I hope it's a Merry Christmas for all of you! Cheers, Ann

o

I received 3 great cards in the mail today!
from Amanda- Thanks so much for all the jalapeno seeds! I haven't found a good hot pepper so hopefully this one will work for me.

From MissMojo- Balloon flower. This one looks like fun to grow thanks so much! Got yours a few days ago but we just listed our house for sale and I got behind.

Not_the greenthumb- Kohlrabi. Thank you :) I got a recipe from someone and I'm dying to try this. Adorable card too. My son loved it.

Julie2112- Sweet meat squash--Yum! quinoa,purple vienna and white vienna kohlrabi, and brussel sprouts. Thank you so much for all the wonderful seeds :) and the card was so cute.

o

Micyrey,

I just looked Ironweed up and was delighted to find that its another deer-resistant native. I also liked your idea of leaving the card reusable and inserting a note. Not sure if I'll be able to part with the card anytime soon :), but I'll try to remember to follow your example in the future.

Thanks!

o

Actually meant to post this just before Thanksgiving, but,...well,...

This is the best pie crust recipe we've ever run across! From: Meta Given's Modern Encyclopedia of Cooking(c) 1955, vol. II, pg. 924:

Plain Pastry

Ingredients for 2 crust pie of 3 different sizes.

-----------------------------------------------------------
9 Inch Pie 8 Inch Pie 6 Inch Pie
Flour 2c 1-1/2c 1c
Salt 1tsp 3/4tsp 1/2tsp
Shortening 2/3-3/4c 7Tbs-1/2c 1/3c-6Tbs
Ice Water 1/2c 1/3c 1/4c

Instructions:

Put flour into medium mixing bowl. Add salt, cut in shortening. Add ice water, mix well to the consistency of pie crust dough and roll it out.

Even my hardened baker of a SIL prefers this one anymore.

Awwwwww,...c'mon! I employed the proper spacing! :/

o

cryptid, I have been a Meta Givens acolyte since I was a kid and my mother served meals prepared from her recipes. Many of our family favorites came from those books.
I agree. Flaky and tender, you could put anything in that crust and have a great pie. I use it for everything.

o

Thanks so much to MissMojo for the balloon flower. Also, thanks to RBrady and Ginger (ggwrn) for the profusion zinnias. Even though both sent me zinnias, I didn't get any duplicates. My annual garden is going to look great!

Thanks again!

o

WOW I can finaly log in.

these are the cards I have receved in the last week.

pumpkingal --- salvia, coneflowers and cosmos
flowergirl34 --- yarrow, coneflowers, sweet peas
fcoffill --- columbines
jodie74 --- columbines, cosmos, salvia
kmpsmom --- echinacia, rudbeckia, coriopsis
hibiscusfan --- cosmos, cosmos, columbines
rbrady --- columbines, coreopsis
gmom2-6boys --- carrots, and a bag or great smelling tea
michiet --- coriopsis, pear gourds, hollyhocks
ohiovalleygardener --- columbines
lisa831 --- moss rose
missmojo --- balloon flower
wow I think I'm up to date now. thanks everyone for the great cards, my card string is getting crouded, just the way I like it..

OFF topic.. I have been having such fun on farmvill, it is so cool seeing everyone elses farms.

michelle

o

Hard drive went out of our computer last week and can't be repaired for a couple of weeks so my DH took me to town in the middle of a blizzard to get us a laptop. Can't miss out on the Secret Santa news. I received several cards in the last few days.

Purple balloon flowers from Missmojo.
Butterfly Blue Scabiosa from flowergirl34.
Heuchera and daylily from rbrady.
Toad Lily and Salvia from Ohiovalleygardner.

Thanks for the cards and seeds and am Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

o

Holiday Greetings,

I received two more cards:

rbrady/Rhonda: Astilbe "Deutschland", Hosta "August Moon"
micyrey: Ironweed with a beautiful handmade card(my first)

Thank you ladies my shade garden is beginning to come together.

Margarita10

o
bingo

Yes...BINGO WAS HALTED BY THE GLITCH IN THE SITE ..I did post saying I was going wait, didnt think it was fair people couldnt log in ...

WRAPPING PAPER
SPIRIT
A CHRISTMAS CAROL

Any BINGOS out there ?? :)

**Cryptid, thanks I will be sure and try the recipe, and look up the Author, never heard of her !

**Micyrey..wanna add me on FB ? FV I have but it wont load :(

I have been crazy busy , how about you ? I spent the day yesterday with my daughter shopping, and today I am making buckeyes !

Princess is taking steps, and is going to the bathroom on her own ( I still have to carry her in and out ) she is finally eating and drinking on her own also !! THANKS soo much for all the support and for asking about her :) It is so wonderful to have such a GREAT group of FRIENDS !!

o

I received more cards today.
I received a picture christmas card from crisann with amaranthus, love lies bleeding and tidy tips seeds. Is that your dog in the pic? He is really cute.
I received maltese cross and foxglove seeds from molly_and_me and I also received bunny tails, poppies, cosmos, mother of thyme, chicory and foxgloves from celeegra.
Thank you to everyone. I just love the cards.
Faye!

o
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Today, I received Rose of Sharon, Cleome Purple and Hollyhock seeds from ##Debby_1##. In a pretty card of course.
Thanks so much Debby!

o

Thank you to flowergirl34 for the boneset and catnip seeds!

Thank you to carolynp for the eggplant seeds!

This week is finally my week to start sending out cards! Yay, I was having trouble waiting.

o

How is everyone? Some record lows this year! Got down to around 28 near New Orleans, thankfully no wind so covers stayed put over the plants, to get in 70-ies again for the weekend.
Having lemon tree flowers by me, mmmm fragrance! Potted little tree, part of my present from sweet daughter Mary.
She's the one who got me cards I've been sending you and we went to Gina's to get zinnia flowers twice, all frozen now so it's a good thing. Each flower head had may be dozen seeds, wished there were more! It was all from 1 plant!
No glitter added to the card, small but with big wishes from the heart.
Same here Melinda- regret not being able to send to everyone, if only stamps grew on the tree! :)

Got a great card and seeds from Grace ( celeegra) yesterday, sent me 5 seed pkts including Echinacea " RazzleDazzle"- we wanted it , thank you very much,
you all have a great week, hugs, stay warm, see you soon,

GraanieB-Bea

o

Thank you ilovefarac for the adorable Santa card & lupine (band of nobles) & stokes aster (blue danube) I looked them up already & LOVE them BOTH!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

o

Got more cards. My seeds are in the mail little late though.

mao-tse-mom - 6 types of hosta and a pretty santa card (wow!). Can't wait to grow them. Thanks a lot

ilovefarac - Peony poppy (love it) and a cute snowman card. Thank you so much

kmpsmom - Tomato todd seeds (i love tomatoes) and a cute doggie card. Thank you so much

perky barb - hosta, dahlia unwin mix, Evening primrose and Lamb's ears Wow! and a pretty pinecone card. Dahlias and hosta are my favs. Thank you so much

Jasmine

o

Thanks GrannieB for the wonderful pine cone card. Also thanks for the zinnia, hibiscus, salvia and jasmine seed! dd

o

Got my cards sent out today hopefully people start seeing them soon (to what I know they should all have correct postage and yes I even weighed them)

o

Another wonderful card today! From Neohippie I got black cherry tomato! You can bet these will be used! Thanks so much!
And gmom 2-6 boys--Where did you get that tea? I absolutely loved it!! Such a nice change and would love to buy some if you could tell me where? Thanks, Melinda

o

I received a card today from Celeegra 2010. I'm sorry to say that it came with a postage due notice. Also, the card was in perfect condition, but the seeds in one of the packets, Flying Dragon, were completely crushed : ( If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't hardy to my zone anyway. The rest of the seeds seem to be fine - Red Ruffles Peony Poppy, Pink poppies, Lobelia (cardinal flower), and Canary Climber (had to look this one up, very interesting). The tiny seeds, such as Poppies, and Lobelia, will usually be fine in a regular envelope without extra padding, but the larger seeds, such as those Flying Dragon ones, will need a layer of bubble wrap in order to arrive safely.

Thank you so much for the card and seeds, I'll definitely be wintersowing some of them!

o

Finally!!!!! It has taken me days to log in. It's been such a treat to get these in the mail! I have received a few more wonderful cards with seeds.

MissMojo sent Liatris Spicata -- a brand new one for me!

Margaret (molly_and_me) sent flat-leaf parsley and some gorgeous homemade seed paper with bachelor button!

Ellie (aphroditelaughs) sent really beautiful packets of NY Asters, Echinops ritro, poppies and Nicotiana Chocolate smoke -- all of which I am excited about --especially to see the Nicotiana in action.

Sadly I also received the front of an envelope from Jodie74 in a "We Care" USPS envelope with no sign of the card or any seeds.

Thank you everyone for the sweet cards and the seeds, and thank you Jodie for the thought and I hope those seeds find their way into the ground somewhere!

Cheers, Aggie

o

I've been working (bouncing around in those weather systems that is bringing such wonderful winter weather to everyone!) and got home to such beautiful cards and seeds. A huge "THANK YOU so much!" goes to:
v1rtuOs1ty~ "tetra" coreopsis, and "Zowie" zinnia
ivyp~ Coreopsis, and calico aster
suegardens~ Calif. giant zinnia mix
perkybarb~ Hardy hibiscus, purple cone flower, and hollyhocks
margarita 10~ blue balloon flower, sunflowers, and zinnias
ilovefarac~ "cut & come again" zinnia, red and black hollyhock
paulan 70~ mixed zinnias
hibiscusfan~ "disco belle mixed" hibiscus
molly_and_me~ hand made seed tape of bachelor buttons and cornflowers
rbrady~ Hosta, red star hibiscus, and nasturtiums

Once again I thank you truly for the lovely cards and all of the wonderful seeds! Merry Christmas!
Tina

o

Yay I can finally post on the exchange boards!! I have been wanting to say some of these thank you's since Saturday night.. feels like an eternity, lol.

Rbrady sent coleus Kong mix, astilbe Pumila, and fresh Jack-in-the-Pulpit! So excited for these!! Thanks Rhonda!

Aphroditelaughs sent swamp milkweed, verbena bonariensis, lettuce blend and Rita's poppy mix, all quite beautifully packaged. Thank you Ellie! I love them all!!

JMT2213 sent Italian large basil, mammoth dill, cilantro, and bachelor button blue.. have to tell you, this card smells GREAT every time I open it, lol! Thank you Jenny!!

Missmojo sent purple balloon flower -- many thanks! Have only seen this flower once yet but it was really cool. Excited to have a chance to grow some.

Molly_and_me sent seed paper (great idea) and snapdragons! Really wanted these, thank you!!

Carolynp sent Sugar Ann snap peas and tennis ball lettuce.. have to go look these both up now but they sound tasty! Thanks Carolyn!

I'm so touched by everyone's generosity.. and I finally get to start reciprocating this week!! Mail date is coming right up.. yay!

o

Recieve 3 more cards

Michiet send Olena Ukrainan tomato,Ornmentral pepper,Chinese chives

Daffodillady send Ornmentral pepper

Hibiscusfan send a homemade card beauitful,Red dicentra exims Baccmal,Blue salvia mix

Thanks youfor all the great seeds,Hope everyone stay warm they say we are going to get 1-3 inches of snow or .10 to .40 inches of Ice,Wednesday night to Thurday.
Lisa

o

Received a card from paulan70! Thank you so much for
the petunia's and cosmos's. I did not have a one petunia
seed before the secret santa swap. Now I have plenty.

Linda

o

I got more cards. Thanks to

Not the green thumb for the big max pumpkin seeds,
Paulan70 for the blue flax and balloon flower seeds
Flowergirl34 for blue flax zinnia and gaillardia

It's really getting cold here in NJ. Stay warm everyone,
I envy those in warm climate.;-)

Michiet

o

I finally got a few cards and want to send my Thanks to:

Mctier for the 4 types of lettuce and blueberry dianthus.
It will make a nice salad bowl.

Hibiscusfan for Obedient and the beautiful handmade card.

Ilovefarac for trumpet lily and mexican sunflower.

Missmojo for balloon flower and handmade card.

Thank You all so much.
gmom

o

Good Morning All!

I can finally log in to say my Thanks you's....I got on the other day for a minute,shut down and when I came back it wouldn't let me back on.

I had a piece of paper with the seeds that I got in each envy but misplaced it :( I'm sorry ladies, I usually post specifics!

Thank you to the following people for thinking of me this holiday season.

Ruth z
jodie74
cardinalwv
ohiovalleygardener
doris sent adenium seeds
hibiscusfan
missmojo

I got 1 card back, it says no such address. I'll check it and remail later today.

Lisa

o

We are still experiencing record lows and I worry about my tender tropicals with every degree it drops. When I come home and find these envelopes it takes that all away and I get excited about gardening again. My lastest treasures are from:

not_the_green_thumb sent sugar snap peas. Love to eat these so I guess I should be growing them. LOL thank you.

Ilovefarac sent ruby lettuce and raspberry queen zinnia. Yippie I have been wishing for a pink zinnia and the name of that is yummy thank you.

o

It's cold here. Hard to think of planting right now. I got 2 more nice cards.

From Carolynp, she sent Genovese Basil and Ozark Yellow Coneflower. Thank you

From Julie2112 I got Fennel, Disco Queen Marigold, Broccoli raab, red double poppies, pineapple tomatoes and Amish paste tomatoes.

I always make salsa in the summer and this year with the different tomatoes and basils I can just mix and match and see what I come up with.

Thank you,
Debby

o

Whoo hooo! More cards in the mail~

Thank you so very much,

Perkybarb for the beautiful card and the indian summer blackeyed susan, lambs ear, yellow datura and the evening primrose~these are wonderful!

Suegardens 2 for the lovely angel card and the blue NIL and cosmos seashells, I can't wait to see them in full bloom~

Carolynp for your very moving quote and the sugar ann snap peas~Oh they sound so yummy, I love to eat them right off the vine.

Many blessings and overflowing happiness to all of you and your familys this holiday season,
lynn

o

Yippie 2 more wonderful cards;;

Big thanks to;;
Molly_and_me--wonderful homemade seeded paper,,how great

Big thanks to;;
ilovefarac--lions tail-- now I have enough this should grow this year
Thanks to all you little elves,,what a wonderful christmas this year is thanks to all of you,,Lisa

we have 10" of snow here in NY and is really cold,,I already flew off my back steps but not broken just bruised,,was ice I didn't see in time..winter is pretty but watch out for the ice..

o

I am a little worried. 12 people didn't post that they got my seeds yet (I've been keeping track in my excel spreadsheet), and I sent them from December 1st-3rd! I hope they didn't get lost in the mail... That would be the biggest bummer ever!

o

More cards!!!YAY!!!

Big thank yous to :
flowergirl34~Burgundy hollyhock & Crimson Rambler MG

ilovefarac~tithona torch,blondekopfeohn tomato,& double click cosmos

paulan70~mixed zinnia & mixed zinnia

later...April

o
RE: Secret Santa Swap 2010 Thank Yous and Games ( thread

Yay!!! Got more seeds today!!!

From Debby_1 - a cute Santa card with a Santa sticker sealing the envelope, along with a generous amount of hollyhocks, siberian iris, and asiatic lilies!!! Thanks so much!

From ruthz - a really cute layered snowman card with Datura (Ballerina White and Ballerina Yellow) ad some Columbine 'Magpie' seeds! Thank you thank you!

Love all of the seeds! You guys are so great! Thanks for making this month so special! :D

o

Got some more seeds yesterday!

ILoveFarac sent me Ruby Lettuce, Daylily Mix, Poppy Mix, and Vales Collards. :)

CarolynP sent me Iceberg Lettuce and Red Leprechaun Lettuce :)

So excited to try all these greens! yummm
Thank you both so much!
~julie2112

o

I got a fun card today. Thank you Miss Mojo for the wonderful Balloon Flower Seeds. I can't wait to start them! The card was just beautiful. Merry Christmas!!

o

i got another surprise in the mailbox today, It was from DEBBY1....Debby Thank you for the commercial packet of sundial portulaca and the praire penstemon. i look forward to growing them!

Lisa

Redthread, I have not seen several of the cards I mailed. I'm hoping that people can't log on just yet..

Lisa

o

Hi everyone ! Hope you are all keeping warm ? brrr...its cold outside !

I received more cards and seeds in the mail yesterday ! Thank yous go out to :

Vina/Flowergirl34 sent in a beautiful Horse in the snow card with a very nice note - Alaska , Becky , Crazy and Gerbera Daisy seeds and Asiatic/Oriental Lily seeds ! Some of my very favorite flowers ! love them ! thank you Vina !

Julie2112 sent in a very cute Mitten card Pineapple and Amish Paste tomato seeds and Sweet Meat Winter Squash seeds, 2 of my very favorite veggies ! Thank you !

Suegardens sent me a cute snowman card with Confectionary sunflower ( gotta look this one up ) marjoram, Bright Lights cosmos and japanese morning glories ;-) thank you !

Paulan70 sent me a cute little Christmas wreath card ;-)

perkybarb sent me a beautiful Pinecone card with Indian Summer BES, Lambs ear and Evening Primrose seeds, love them ! thank you !

JMT221/ Jenny sent me a pretty Christmas tree card with some of my most wanted seeds - thai long purple eggplant, slow bolt cilantro, Lillian's yellow heirloom beefsteak tomato and Mammoth Dill seeds ! Thank you !

Hibiscusfan/Suzanne sent me a pretty purple homemade reindeer card with some of my very favorite daisy seeds ( Shasta, Crazy and Becky ) and Cherry Brandy and Cappuccino BES ! thank you !

Molly_and-me/ Margaret sent me a cute card with some Mammoth Sweet Basil seed paper, neat idea ! I look forward to trying this for the first time and with one of my very favorite herbs ! Thank you !

I have been enjoying looking at the cards and seeds over and over again ;-) Wish it was spring already !! Thank you all so much for making me feel better !

Iris

o

More seeds in the mailbox today! Debby_1 sent poppy, marigold "Queen Sophia" (these look so pretty), and quaking grass (have the perfect spot for this), thank you Debby!

ggwrn sent basil cinnamon (that is an intriguing combination, can't wait to try it), simpson elite lettuce, and giganteum poppy in white, light & dark purple (lovely! those huge seed pods look really cool). Thanks Ginger!

o

Thanks go out to Carolynp for the the viroflay spinach. Looks like I will begin wintersowing with the grandkids next week. Kim

o

Many thanks to:

Trudy (tbbgardens) for black beauty eggplant, cinnamon basil, garlic chives and biblical anise hyssop! I can't wait to try these!

Annie (canyonwind) for beefsteak tomatoes and burpee stringless bush beans...yummy!

You both made my day, I have had a rough go lately with all the snow and frigid temperatures here in NE Ohio.

Blessings to you both,

Sue

o

Thank you to Rose McTier for the lovely card and the new (for me) Tomato! Looking forward to trying this one.

:)

o

many thanks to flowergirl34/vina, who send a lovely card packed with a tres cool morning glory mix, nigella, blue vervain, mountain bluet, and butterfly blue scabiosa! i have a blue/purple garden section, so these will fit right in!

red, i wouldn't worry yet, although i have been too LOL. a card i mailed on 11/30 just got to its recipient, so apparently the P.O. is just overwhelmed by gardenweb generosity! that plus the log in problems might explain some things? i'm going to go back through the lists and see if everyone has gotten theirs so far too.

o

I'm back on!!
Thanks to missmojo for balloon flowers!
Thanks to flowergirl34 for yarrow, scabiosa, adam's needle yucca, nigella, boneset, & Alaska daisy!
Plus I forgot in my last post to thank hibiscusfan for the really sweet reindeer card!
I love 'em all!
Grace

o

I'm finally able to get onto the garden web! Sometimes it seems like the more things get "improved" or "fixed", they more they break down, eh? Hopefully all of the problems are over.

Anyway, I would like to thank Melinda/ilovefarac, daffodillady, and Debby M for continuing to brighten my days with their cards, seeds, and well wishes! Thank you Ladies!
(I'd tell you what seeds they sent, but Bump got into the seeds and mixed them up for me. I think he's wishing it were Spring too!)

-Dan

o

Two more cards today! Thank you so much to:
wishdesign~ for a cute card with KBX tomato & persian carpet zinna seeds
missmojo~ for a lovely hand made card and purple balloon flower seeds!
Thank you so much! You've made my day!
Tina

o

I received more mail. I'd like to thank:

dirtdaddy-david for- hot peppers: chile, maui purplepurple chiltepin, purple jalepeno,tabassco,long red cayanne,parsley laura, and louisanna red cayenne.

missmojo for-ballon flower

Margarita10 for- hot peppers, calendula, and marigolds

Tbbgardens for- datura double purple, Hyssop purple anise, vitex purple, clitoria vine purple, mexican petunias purple, and hot pepper black pearl.

Redthreaddiy for-marigolds french dwarf double, and cineraria magenta

Hibiscusfan for- calendula yellow, and lemon balm.
Not-the-green-thumb for- tomato purple russian, and hot pepper serrano chili.

Gmom2-6boys for- foxgloves- mix

Thank you all so much.

o

evening all --

received two more cards today ~~

daffodillady ~~ sent marigolds and cypress vine!

and

ivyp ~~ sent marigolds!

thank you both sooo much!

snowing here again -- not looking forward to shoveling it in the morning!

have a great night
crisann

o

There was another envelope full of sunshine waiting or me at the mailbox today. I could really get used to this...

FlowerGirl34, thank you for the Scabiosa, Coneflower, and both types of Yarrow (and the stickers:)). The deer should be utterly bewildered next year thanks to Santa's thoughtfulness.

Hope your day was just as bright!

o

Finally, we're back from town after a long day of TCB, and mailing off another ten envies of cards-n-seeds. Just two more to go, which will be mailed tomorrow (Elly's and my 30th wedding anniversary. - El's folks were going to treat to dinner out, but alas they're going through a bit of a rough patch just now, recently brought upon them by scurilous so-called home visitation health provider assistants (read vultures)). It's just sooooo great reading about all the generous, festive exchanges, here, not to mention the essentially familial interaction! This entire SSSS is such an unbelievably powerful Christmas season's feelings boost for Elly & I, as it was last year! Thank you, everyone, just simply for participating! - Kym,...you totally rock, girl! Thank you sooooooo much!! :)

o

Yesterday I received a bit of sunshine in my mailbox despite the "SNOHIO" bitter, cold day......

Thanks to flowergirl34 for the aster & purple coneflower!! LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!

Peace & love,
Jodie

o

Well, I'm home. My dad came through the surgery ok, thanks for all the prayers. They split him wide open and replaced his defective heart valve with one donated by a cow. He is now at home, probably trying to do too much.

When I got home, I found a stack of 6 cards waiting for me! Last night I put up my Christmas tree and got it about half decorated. Now the rush to get caught up on Christmas!

Thanks to the following people for their cards. They sure cheered me up during this hectic and trying time.

Ishareflowers for the Peaches and Dreams hollyhocks
Gmom2-6boys for the dill
kmpsmom for the cute snoopy card and the white saponaria
and yellow calendula
missmose for the liatris
crisann for the little finger carrots, calendula mix and dill
pumpkingal for the garlic chives, dill and utah tall celery

Thanks so much all, and merry Christmas!

o

PLEASE dont fret, just yet about cards arriving SOOO many people have been writing me saying they cant post or even log into the site. PLUS this time of year with all the snow..and large amount of mail it does slow down ...

PLEASE, once the Holidays are over..take time to post on the RATE AND REVIEW page , this helps each member keep up their good standing..and it is a nice way to say thanks !

***** IF you have placed your cards on a wall, or a ribbon or in a special location TAKE A PHOTO and SHARE :) If enough people post a photo Ill give out some prizes ! ***

o
bingo

BLITZEN
CHRISTMAS
GIFT TAGS

If you played the 12days of christmas PLEASE email me your answers, u dont have to have them all to win prizes, just show you played. Those answers posted on the thread do not count ! I need an email ...to choose winners !!

**Cryptid thanks I am really glad everyone enjoyed the swap !! Happy Anniversary :)

o

I got some very interesting and great cards/seeds today!

From crisann - this hilarious and super cute picture-card of her dog in a santa hat and all tangled up in Christmas lights, along with a generous amount of seeds! I got pink mallow, datura mix, and yellow hollyhocks. I am super excited about these, especially the pink mallow!!! I have always seen them at garden centers and have always wanted them. So awesome that I now have them! THANKS!

From bumblebee1 - a Santa card with some really interesting seeds that I have never seen before! Hot Pink Oleander and red Amaryllis. Those are so odd looking! She also sent Canna 'Indian Shot' and Lavender Datura seeds. So cool!!! Thanks so much!

Both of these packets were extremely well-packaged, thank you guys! Can't wait to grow the many seeds you have sent!

o

I got two more cards yesterday. From flowergirl34 and from riley17.

Both feverfew. I know exactly where I'm planting that feverfew too!

Thanks guys!

o

I got two more great cards!
Bea (graanieb) sent me a beautiful glittery card with Yvonne's Salvia, Night Blooming Jasmine, and Benary Giant Zinnias, only larger. I can't wait to give those a try. Thank you Bea!

molly_and_me sent a cute card with some Calendula Pacific Beauty seeds in seed paper. I look forward to trying that for sure. She also sent Alcea, Chater's Double Icicle, one of my most wanted seeds! Thank you Margaret!

o

just thought id post a thankies to riley17 for the cool card (from post) and white yarrow agastache honey bee blue (something to look up yay!) feverfew ane hyssopus officinalis lavender

thankies!

o

Hi to all...

I received a sweet card from Rosemctiev the other day... I forgot to post and I apologize. Thanks so much for the cup and saucer vine seeds... whooohoooo...

o

I am loving this!

suegardens2 _ zinnias Giant California mix. I love all zinnias and they are DHs favorite flower. Cute card with smowmen and snow.

Flowergirl24 - King Edward Yarrow. I did not even know I wanted this until I looked it up. It will definitely be in my garden. She embellished the card with drawing. One is a picture of a dwarf yarrow so cute.

Ohiovalleygardener _ zinnias, giant cactus flowered _ another type of large zinnia _ yeah! My butterflies will be so happy. Beautiful red card with white dove.

Thanks to everyone who is involved with this swap. It makes my day to read all of the positive comments and share the feelings of Christmas joy. I even get excited about the seeds all of you are receiving. It stamps grew on trees all of you would have received a card from me.

Merry Christmas,

Happy New Year,

and may all your gardening dreams come true.

Margaret

Message for poisondartfrog _ Alana, I thought I had forgotton to mail your card so I sent you a another card and seeds. Enjoy.

o

Thank you so much celeegra for the seeds (amaranth hot biscuits, zinnia canary bird yellow & bunny tails) but I was SOOOOO touched by your kind note inside your really unique card!! Just that you took the time to "by hand" write me a note is amazing during this busy time of year!! And I completely agree... The generosity & patience of GW members is amazing!!!!

That note was very special to me!
Peace & love,
Jodie

o

Attn: flwrs4ever

What email address do we send the games answers to please? I clicked on your my page link but no email option was listed.

o

the mantle with most of the cards i've received so far plus a few old ones my daughter made. ignore the dirt :)
Photobucket">

o
RE: RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap 2010 Thank Yous and Games ( th

and the tree. about 12' tall. i can't move far enough back to get a complete picture LOL

Photobucket">

o

2 more cards today!
Adorable homemade card from Karendee with agastache. And a cute card from suegardens2 with oriental poppy!
Thanks so much! Will be planting these for sure!
Melinda
Love the tree!!

o

Well, this is too much fun.
Two cards received today:
#Bumblebee# (Ewa) sent me the cutest card with puppies on it and Datura, 2 varities of Cleome and mixed morning Glory. Thanks so much!
#Paula N# sent a very pretty card with Cleome and Hibiscus seeds. Can't wait to plant them.
Thanks to both of you and Merry Christmas!

o

Two more cards today!

From IvyP- Chrentais melon and red amaranthus. Thanks for thinking of me. I am sure I will enjoy the seeds.

From Eva (bumblebee)-Painted daisy, zinnia sunmix, red star hibiscus, and autograph tree. Thanks Eva. I had to look up the autograph tree and was surprised to find it is a Florida native. Should be neat to try.

o

Perhaps we should call today Twosday, ya think? That seems to be the number of cards most people are receiving, including me! After a day of driving in the ditches and delivering packages, it was like a breath of fresh air to find the only mail I had in my mailbox were two cards filled with good cheer!
Bustani's card had a wintery c-tree on it, and inside was a wrapped package containing basil and catnip! Something for everyone to enjoy...yayyyyy! THANK YOU!!!
Karen sent a card filled with "seeds 'n greeting" which gave me a good chuckle! Inside was a package of marigold seeds, which I've always thought of as little bursts of sunshine in the garden THANK YOU!!!
After seeing so many ways to package these seeds, I'm going to have to remember a few of them for next years' swap!
Kym, is it too early to start planning for next year??? ho ho ho

o

Got a nice card today from flowergirl34! She sent ruby giant coneflower, marigolds, burgundy hollyhock, purple yarrow and fiesta daisy! thanks sooo much, dd.

o

I too got two cards today.

Thanks very much Karendee for the dill, and suegardens2 for the marjoram. I've never grown marjoram and look forward to trying it out.

o

Wow Rose, what a great, festively decorated mantle and tree (12 ft.?! Hoo-ee! You totally win! LOL!!)! Bet many of those ornaments are attached to a whole lot of happy memories, eh?! So,...since you've broken the ice, so to speak, now it's my turn to post pix of our SSSS card display...

Photobucket
Table Fiber Optic Tree - SSSS Lit Up

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap 2010 Picture 2

View 2,...
Photobucket

o

Debby_1 sent me an adorable card ,with 2 children playing in that cold white stuff, with seeds inside. She sent mammoth sunflower and tall pink zinnia, thank you. I am especailly excited about the zinnia.

o

I received a message from Ellie and she has not been able to log on for several days so she has asked me to post these messages for her.

A thank you to Debby (Debby_1) for the cute card and clematis - Jackmanii seeds and Echinachia - purple seeds. Thank you so very much.

o

I received 3 more cards in the mail yesterday!

Thanks to
Annie, Canyonwind for the victorian dwarf, scicilian giant paste and absinthe tomatoes....totally new ones for me to try!

Keiki thank you for the bell peppers, florida pink tomatoes,solar set tomatoes and one of my favorite veggies...kohlrabi!

Also Jasmini, jasil for the mustard, fennel and leeks

Looks like I will be eating good again next year!!! Kim

o

Just found a card I dont know if I thanked for or not, so...

Thanks to Beauswatch for Red Texas Star HIbiscus and dill.

o

My dad hasn't been able to log in and post for over a week, and he's getting pretty frustrated! He emailed gardenweb but they didn't respond yet. Anyways, he sent me this message because he wanted to thank everyone for all of the cards he received so far, which is a lot!

***THANK YOU FROM GARDENDAD_2K10***

Wow wow WOW - I am just overwhelmed with happiness with all of the cards and seeds I have been receiving! Everyone has been very generous and I am very grateful to you all for this. I have a whole pile of cards that I will be thanking people for, so stay with me.

BUSTANI - Christmas tree card with a present inside. I opened the present and out came never-ending seeds. Wow wow WOW! I think they were all hand-drawn on and colored with Christmas sayings. I could see that a lot of work went into packaging these up and I am very grateful. She sent Cherry Bomb Pepper, Catnip and Catgrass (Kitty is very grateful), Sugar Snap Peas, Basil Mix, Blue Lake Bush Bean, Nature Sweet Tomato (LOVE TOMATOES!), and Habenero red & orange mix seeds. Thank you very much. You are more than generous and thoughtful. Merry Christmas!

DEBBY_1 - Cat with a Santa hat on sticker was sealing the envelope. Very cute. I got a reindeer card and inside was Pepper long red cayenne and rutgers tomato seeds. Thank you very much! Peppers and tomatoes are my specialty and I can't wait to try these out. Happy Holidays!

MOLLY_AND_ME - Candy sticker sealing envelope. I think the card was handmade - very professionally done. You have a great talent! I got seed paper that has Mammoth Sweet Basil embedded in it and some catnip for the kitty. How do you make seed paper? It looks great, I am interested in making some of my own sometime. Very creative person - a lot of time has obviously gone into this card and the seed presentation. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

JULIE2112 - 3-D mitten card looks very cool. She sent me tons of seeds, how generous! I got onion 'white sweet spanish', pineapple tomato (wow sounds interesting!), amish paste (Have to look that one up), cauliflower 'snowball' (never grown that before but looking forward to it!), cauliflower 'self blanch', beefsteak tomato (one of my favorites), and Rutgers tomato seeds. Thank you very much - I love them all and will plant them with care. Happy holidays!

DIRTDADDY - Very cool Elvis Card along with lots and lots of seeds. I got Parsley Extra Triple Curled, Fish Hot Pepper (his favorite, looks interesting!), Louisiana Red Cayenne, Thai Basil, Mavi Purple Hot Pepper, Tepin Pepper, Wenks Hot Pepper, Dr. Wyche's Tomato, and Lemon Drop Hot Chile Pepper seeds. Wow - I can't thank you enough. It must have taken forever to harvest those seeds - I am very grateful and can't wait to grow these. So many varieties that I have never tried before. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!

RUTHZ - Cool snowman card that says 'let it snow' with some great seeds inside. I got yellow eye bush bean, japone pepper, and caribe pepper. Thank you very much - I love the little Christmas images that you put onto each of your seed packets. Very clever. I can't wait until next year, I will harvest many more seeds and be able to give out more. Merry Christmas and thank you again!

MISSMOJO - She sent me a handmade holly stamped card with some purple balloon flower seeds wrapped up like a present. These are very very cool. I looked them up and they look just fascinating. I can't wait to try these out. I like that they are perennial. Thank you very much and happy holidays!

TBBGARDENS - all I can say is WOW. I got a dove card inside of a handmade magazine envelope that is garden themed. Inside that was another envelope for protection. How do you make your envelopes? When I opened the card, I was just shocked at all of the work that went into the seeds. She taped all of the seeds to the card, and hand-wrote directions and descriptions next to each seed. I wish I knew how to share a photo, it's that amazing! She sent me catnip for the kitty (he will be so happy), cinnamon basil, spicy globe basil, garlic chives (one of my favorites), zebra tomato (sounds very interesting!), biblical anise hyssop (gotta look that one up), carrot 'imperator 58', and dill seeds. Thank you very much - you are very generous and very thoughtful. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

MARGARITA10 - Vintage looking card that brings me back to my childhood. Inside she send sweet basil, bulgarian carrot, and hot pepper seeds. Can't wait to grow these - do you know what type of hot pepper seeds they are? If not, it's ok since I love surprises. I really liked the packets you used from wintersown. Thank you very much and I look forward to growing these. Merry Christmas!

NOT_THE_GREEN_THUMB - She sent me a handmade card that looks really cool. It was 3-D. I liked the saying inside that she wrote 'Here's hoping you have a hoppin' holiday season and a colossial Christmas!'Inside the card she sent greencrop green bush beans and bush crop cucumber. It's been a while since I have grown cucumber so that is pretty cool. Thank you very much and I hope you have a hoppin' holiday and colossial Christmas too!

ILOVEFARAC - She sent a cool Santa card (he looks mischievous) with some sweet basil and cauliflower snowball seeds. Very generous and thoughtful, thank you very much. Happy Holidays!

BEAUSWATCH - She sent a bells card with a green background (my favorite color) and along with genovese basil and a pink flowering vine. Can't wait to see what kind of flowers this vine makes. Thank you very much - can't wait to get these planted! Merry Christmas.

Wow. Thank you so much to everyone for making this season so special. I am so grateful for every seed that was sent. I can see that you all care very much. Again, thank you.

o

thankies karendee for the cool card and cillantro

--im glad people are liking my seed packs they were hand drawn then photocopyied and ive got PLENTY left for next year plus ive dug out some lang cards fer next year as well (unlike the dollar store ones ive used this year)

--yes i do plan on joining next year this IS fun

o

I received a card today from bumblebee1.
She sent cotton seeds, eucalyptus, amaranthus and giant cactus seeds.
Thank you very much for them.
Faye!

o

I get to do some more "Thank You"s today! Cool!
Darrin/cryptid sent a mini keychain light for when I'm unlocking my front door, which'll come in quite handy during these cold Northern nights! It was wrapped up and even had a bow on it, COOL! Also cool was the card and homemade seed packets containing morning glories, poppies, snapdragons, marigolds, white coneflowers, black-eyed susans, and 4:00s!
Ellen/buturfliis_mom sent a 3D snowman village on a card filled with morning glories, foxgloves, cosmos, and poppies.
Holly/riley17 sent a card with swans on it, too cool! She also sent sunflowers, cosmos, buttercup squash, and 2 types of mini-pumpkins. Holly, I'm glad you ran out of Christmas cards, I like this one a lot!!!
Darlyn/Darlyn58 sent a snowman bearing zinnias, basil, and foxglove. Awesome!

All in all, this just made a good day even better!!! Thank you one and all!
-dan

o

Awww... I almost started crying when I saw what was inside Cryptid's envelope. The card itself was handmade, and embellished with glitter and snowflakes. There was a personalized note inside and his wife, Elly, crocheted a beautiful purple butterfly ornament. There was a cute little silver bow on top. As for the seed packets, they all had little Christmas pictures on them which are very cute! Now for the seeds - I got Red Canna Lily, Mixed Pink Poppies, Red Hollyhocks, Chater's Double Pink Hollyhocks, Le Fleur Lilac Datura, and Blue Datura seeds. Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. I love everything!

o

I wish to thank the following people for their good will and generosity. You've all made my Christmas very special. Thank you all!

1. Bonnie P. Thank you so much for both of these. I have wanted a Russian Sage plant for a very long long time. I
    brought one last year, but it didn't do so well. So hopefully, I will have better luck with these seeds. I can't wait to see them blooming. And a special thank you goes out to little Eva for making such a beautiful Christmas tree card.

• Russian Sage

• Lettuce Leaf Basil

2. Bustani, I love surprises. So far, I have a few different kinds of Basils from my good friends here at GW. Finding out which kind these are will really be special. I can't wait to try my Chamoile tea in the summer time. I love the note that you've attached to the Cactus Mix. "If your plants reach at least 4 inches in height, please return to the desert from which it came." I can't tell a lie, don't know if I will be able to do that. lol!

• Basil Mix

• German Chamolie

• Cactus Mix

3. Daffodillady, Wow, and so many seeds. Should I expect blooms this year? You're not going to believe this, but on the way to the mailbox, I looked at the yard and thought how bare everything is right now. I thought, wouldn't it be nice to have a tall plant that stood out in the summer time. And then I opened your package. I was happy. My thoughts materialized when I opened your card. It's unfortunate that the PO crushed so many of the seeds even though you said "Hand Stamp".

• DaY Lilly Mix

• Castor Beans:

4. Alma H., A girl can't have too many Day Lillies. I love them. Thank you so much. I googled them. The colors are truely awesome.

• Day Lilly Awesome Blossom.

5. Ginger W, these are two of my all time favorites. Thank you so much for fullfilling my wishes.

• Echinacea Ruby Star

• Rudbeckia Henry Eilers

6. Jean H, You are the first one to send me Sage, which makes them even more special. The Penstemon are something new that I am trying this year. I've seen lots of pictures and decided it was time for me to give them a try. And as for the Rudbeckia, oh my! Thank you!

• Sage Broadleaf

• Penstemon Pinifolius

• Rudbeckia Irish Eyes

o

Well I recieved 2 more cards today so I would like to thank

Karendee for the Pink/purple columbine these will go great with my new shade bed. And I love the card thank you

flowergirl34 thank you for the hibiscus swamp mallow and for the Kopper King Hibiscus both will go great with current collection of hibiscus. And I love the snowman card.

Paula

o

I have more thank yous ;-) you are all so very generous, words cannot express how it warms me all over to see all these cards, seeds and most of all well wishes for my health ... you have all truly made this holiday season extra special for me .

Annie/Canyonwind sent a pretty Santa card with Pepper Cress greens, "Captain of the Blues " sweet peas and Rocky Top lettuce, all new varieties to me... have to look these up ...can't wait to grow them !!

Bea/GrannieB sent a beautiful glittered pinecone wreath card with Tithonia ,Pink Sonato Cosmos,Benary's Giant Zinnia and Giant Red Celosia , love them all !

Ilovefarac/Melinda sent Dill, Cactus Zinnia and "Summer Cutting Mix" sunflower, all favorites that I love to grow every year !

not_the_green_thumb/Erica sent a sweet card with a special drawing by her 4 yr old ;-) love it ! inside was bush green bean and aunt ruby's german green tomato seeds ! Yum ! I can never have enough tomatoes or green beans in my garden ;-)

Karendee sent a cute Santa Doggie card with Dill and Shasta Daisy seeds ! My herb garden and my Daisies will be awesome next summer !

Thank you all so very much !

Iris

o

Finally able to log in, kept throwing me in unknown corners of Garden Web, smile.
How is everyone? Enjoying seeing the posts and pics, wow!
Got a bright card from Vina-Flowergirl135, thank you and for the Coneflowers- hot pink and Ruby Giant, Sngl burgundy Hollyhock, orange Marigold, Hibiscus Swamp Rose Mallow and per sunflowers- hope it & others return for years.

Alana-thanks to you searched for Giant Benary's Zinnia and that's what we got!! Never measured it but that's what flowers were most probably about 5 in across...now wanting every color, lol Johnny's seeds sells them mixed and separately.

As long as you love 'em so, let it show, let it show, let it show.

love you all buds,

Bea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here