Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap 1700 cards mailed, and more!

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Is everyone ready to play BINGO ???????????

Here are todays words....I hope you are lucky !!

elf

winter

sweet potato

sled

ornaments

( please post if you get a word, just not which one..example; I have 2 words already....)

PLEASE ALSO POST HERE WITH RECEIVING CHRISTMAS CARDS, CHATTING, AND HOLIDAY WISHES !!

KEEP MAILBOXING, THERE ARE MORE CARDS THAT HAVE BEEN MAILED IN THE LAST FEW DAYS !!

Comments (150)

• medontdo
    15 years ago

thanks for posting the ratings for me sue!! your awesome!! i will post a new review from "me" LOL
    that is quite an accomplishment!! i know that!!( we just celebrated our 19th anniversary, on the 20th of october. )
    Woooo Hooooo i am soooo happpy for you and your hubby!! Big Hugss!! ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Got 4 Beautiful Christmas cards today

Melinda(ilovefarac) Shasta daisy

Menontdo sunset coneflower,pink/red/reg.caster bean,pink milkweed,yellow cosmos,mixed hibicus,joe pie weed, mixed zinnia, mix hollyhock, prernnial mix, dianthus, orange cosmos, mixed datura,purple liatris,lavender,and another with Har.10/08 the word above it I can not make out.

Bea GraanieB sent a receipt for Healthy Potato Salad (looks pretty Good) also so Moonvine, clematis sweet autmn,white hyacinth bean,cosmos daydreams,common milkweed.

And a Card from anadarko-rose with a beautiful book mark and special thank you note. Your welcome Rhonda and thank you!

Thank you all for the cards and seeds.
    Dorothy

P.S.
    Only 1 bingo word today

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I returned home from a long day at work and found Two cards! I am so excited.

A big thank you to Anadarko Rose/Rhonda for the sweet note and the lovely bookmark.(Ilove those kind, they really hold the page)

Another big thanks to Lisa/Lisam627 for the lovely card and the Sunflower Esther and the purple Pasque Flower seeds. I looked them up on line and they are stunning!

also Threas, you look way too young to have been married for 25 years.

Amy

• carolynp
    15 years ago

OK, funny thing today. I got a really nice homemade card from crafting4goddess with some totally awesome pie pumpkin seeds in it. TY so much! I also got cards for three other people that were attached to this one, also from crafting4goddess, lol. Good old post office, lol, they rubber banded them all together. I'll get them in the mail tomorrow. A few of you have another card to look forward to. Merry Christmas!!

• ak110682
    15 years ago

Hiya Hiya everyone! I recieved 2 more cards today! Yipeeeee!

Nancy, Luvgardening2 sent me some Louisianna Long Green Eggplant, Sungold hybrid tomato seeds, Red Marconi pepper seeds, Rosa Bianca eggplant seeds, and some Momotaro tomato seeds! Thanks so much nancy.... I really really really wanted all of these!

Angela, angelady sent me the cutest card ever! I love how the little seed packets look like flower pots... and overall the card looks like it might have took forever to put together! LOL... how in the world did you get the flowers and hummingbird cut out? Anyways.... Angela sent me some Thyme, Rosa Bianca Eggplant seeds and some Golden sweet marconi pepper seeds. YAY!

I'm so happy that I won't have to purchase as many seeds as I thought I was going to have to. I'm getting so much stuff that I wanted!

Merry Christmas,
    Amber

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Yeah! we received another card from Nancy/luvgardening2 with tomatoes, lettuce and giant pumpkins. Jordan will love the pumpkins since they should get to 75 to 150 pounds....they will be bigger than her. Grandpa on the other hand will NOT like the entire back yard covered in pumpkin vines...oh well...all Jordan has to do is give him hugs and kisses and he gives in.

Thanks Nancy, Kim

• nogmo
    15 years ago

Luvgardening2 really made my day -- I came home from the hospital to find a wonderful card from her filled with Dwarf Kale, Dragon Tongue Bush Beans, Danvers Half Long Carrots, Edible Seed Sunflowers, and Italian Large Leaf Basil. I can't tell you how much that card meant to me after the last couple of days. Thank you, Nancy!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I got another card!!!!! WooHoo!!! This one was from Lisa (lisam627_ohio_z6). She sent me some Frans Hals Daylily and some Esther Sunflower seeds! Thank you so much Lisa!

Ya know, one of the wonderful things about this swap is seeing so many generous people that I've not spoken to in a thread or emailed or traded with. Seeing all this wonderful Christmas spirit gives me a lot of faith in the people of this country as a whole. Seeing so many people who are complete strangers to each other sharing their love of gardening is so wonderful! Thank you all for joining in and being such wonderful people!!

Kathy

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I got another card/seeds yesterday

from
    Bonchickchris - she sent me some milk weeds, I just can't wait till butterfly season starts again. last year Timmy and I raised and relesed over 100 butterflies.
    it was espesialy important this year, we relocated 100s of monarch eggs and small caterpilars before one of the levies broke on the mississippi river. we usualy enjoy walking and catching butterflies and cateriplars between the corn fields along the river, but this year when the levie broke 100s of acres were flooded and the milkweed was under water for months(may still be) so the late summer monarchs had to find food elcewhere for their cats, and no seeds were produced in this area so I don't know how much milkweed there will be next year. so I plan on growing as much as possible.
    thank you very much
    michelle

• riley17
    15 years ago

Thank you Louisianagal for the lovely card and the mega pack of beans that i can use for soup!! I cant wait to taste them!

Four more words on bingo today! I'm up to 9!!

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I can't believe it! I rec'd another card! It was from Bonechickchris! Thanks so very much for the great seeds! I will definitely use them! Cal. Wonder sweet bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and white wonder cucumber!Love them all!
    And Margarita10, that is ok about calling me Alma in the post, actually that is my first name. Named after my Great Aunt. But have always gone by my second name, Melinda, who was also my great grandmother! So either is fine!
    Theresa, you and your husband's pic looks great! Nice photo!
    Have a great day everyone!

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

I was the lucky recipient of a thank you card and a lovely bookmark (already in use) from Rhonda (Anadarko Rose) Thank You!

Fran (Ncgardengirl) Thank you for the kind offer to help me learn how to plant my seeds.

Fcoffill Thank you for the link. Lots of great info. IÂve book marked it and IÂll definitely be referring to it often.

Theresa you are beautiful and your DH is (as the kids say) HOT. Wow we really have some beautiful gardeners on GW.

The stories on the Winter Stories forum are a hoot. Thanks for the laughs.
    BRRRRRR 2* here in the PNW and it won't be warming up anytime soon. We seldom ever get this cold.

Thank you all for making my Christmas Merry.
    Merry Christmas to you all.
    Bernie

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I really thought that I was finished receiving cards but I received a wonderful card from jaleeisa and she sent me blue eyed grass and coleus palisandra. Both from my want list! Wow! Thank you so much! I have wanted the blue eyed grass for a long time and I just love coleus.

• dirtduchess
    15 years ago

Secret Santa Seed Swap has been so much fun. The fun doesn't stop at giving or receiving seeds. Wait till all those flowers and veggies start coming up! Then there is the seed collection from the plants. Wow! I love going to the mailbox. The cards all have been beautiful. I received from

cottageflowers..love in a mist,floxglove mix and mock orange
    riley17...Alaska nasturtium,coral peony poppy, gerbera daisy, red fox vernoica, Sutton's apricot foxglove,mixed zinnas
    ncgardening girl...jewel mixed nasturtium, white hyacinth bean vine, purple hyacinth bean vine, marmorim, and italian oregano
    lovesgardening2...marvel stripe tomato and yellowbrandywine tomato
    lisaM627...black heirloom brandwine tomato and luck leprechan tomato
    divhethr...bayleaf laurel nobilis, mango echincena, spearmint, passionflower, giant zinna, and hyacinth bean vine
    crisann...foxglove zinnia, echinacea, and hyacinth bean vine
    pumkingal...love in a mist and nasturium

spacetomato...Everlades heirloom tomato ( I am going to plant them next to my rocket larkspur so they can float like the tomatoes in the card he/she sent to me)

misskimmie...garlic chives, cilantro, and mammoth long island dill
    paulan70...mixed zinnia
    morguegirl...mixed zinnia,and nigella persian jewels
    godsgardener...pink goblin veronica, yellow pear tomato, white wonder tomato, million bells petunia pink, purple million bells petunia, purple calabash tomato, moby grape tomato, mixed foxglove, purple coneflower, and agastache anise hyssop

Thanks so much again. Dirtduchess

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

And i too, received another card with seeds today.
    Luvgardening 2 : Sent me some Antique French Pumpkins,cinderella's carriage.

Thank you, Thank you,Thank you Nancy.And i love the doggie card too.
    Carol

• kimsgarden
    15 years ago

Thank you andarko rose- Rhonda for the lovely bookmark. I hope you enjoy your seeds! Merry Christmas, Kim

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

Whoowweee!! I finally mailed out the last of the cards today!! This has been so much fun. I have lots of neat ideals for next year, if we do it again :-)

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Hi All,

Thanks so much to Vicky/Vic_zn5, for the lovely card and the KMOTGG. can't wait to see it grow this year.

Amy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i finally mailed out 2 more packages today, 1 inteneded victim and one not intended victim, LOL and one i am still looking for one more package, if i could find that one i'd be doing great!! but where oh where is that danged envi?? LOL
    and where oh where did i send these two packages?? LOL **big grinn** well to be honest, one is from tabor to one of our friends, LOL we looked all over for the "special" seeds, and finally found them!! LOL so this one was a special thing!! Hugs ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Daffodilady..I guess it depends on if we have good girls and boys to put on the Christmas list next season...LOL

I am REALLY glad that everyone has enjoyed this swap, and the spirit of the swap will live on this spring and summer while we all grow our seeds.

WE ARE GOING TO BE POSTING PICTURES, AND SHOWING OFF THE SPROUTS IN THE BDAY SWAP, SO EVEN IF YOU DONT JOIN, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO COME AND SAY HI, TELL US HOW YOU ARE DOING .....

Bernie, I cant beleive how cold it is there...I hope the plants in the GH are doing well ! I am going to try and remember to check out those growing sites too !

Theresa , Happy Anniversary !! Congrats on staying together in a world that is divorce happy ! Our anniversary was the end of Nov...18 years for us.

Kym

• divahethr
    15 years ago

I received Thank You Cards from Anadarko_rose and Colcol!!

Thank you for the cards and thank yous and thank you Rhonda for the thoughtful bookmark!!
    Merry Christmas
    heather

• suze62
    15 years ago

NOOO words 4 me 2day:(

Happy Anniversaty Theresa..
    Happy belated anniversary Kym..

Mine is coming up N Feb-28 yrs 4 us:)
    Suzi

• jas_il
    15 years ago

I received another lovely card with seeds today.
    Luvgardening2 (Nancy): Sent me Okra burgundy and eggplant (rosa bianca). My envie came torn so hope I have not lost any seeds.

Thanks a lot Nancy. I think this year I will have lots of Okra and specially burgundy one will be a good variation. I can't wait to see it growing.

Jasmine

• graanieb
    15 years ago

I keep sending envelopes gradually, sometimes at them in the wee hours, hopefully will be there for Christmas, if not---some who never got anything-wishing you blessings and all you wish for Christmas, to everyone too. We might keep in touch eventually.

In all this rush, need to remember to relax more often, check some beautiful gardens pics some more, for one.

GB-Bea

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

BINGO, B-I-N-G-O, AND BINGO WAS HIS NAME-O !!!!

BLITZEN
    COMET
    DASHER
    DONNER
    VIXEN

HMMM, SHE WENT WITH ALL REINDEER TODAY, DID YOU TOO ???

• threas
    15 years ago

I got nuttin'!!LOL Holding at 4.

Theresa

• crisann
    15 years ago

I got two more bingo words tonight :)

crisann

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

soonergrandmom......I have sent you a few emails...if you see this would you please email me.......

thank you !!!

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I only got one bingo word tonight...

No more cards today either...

:) Fran

• seiko_gw
    15 years ago

I received cards again yesterday and today.

Thanks dirtdiggin (Toni) for Foxglove and Crystal Palace Lobelia seeds!
    Thanks cnemocurl (Sue) for 4 different types of poppy (pink fringed, pink, lavender-pink fringed and double pink) seeds!

I love this Secret Santa Seed Swap.

- Seiko

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just want you all to know......there still are cards being sent....so dont get too discouraged......you may just be surprised again.

Santa and the elves are still busy, busy, busy at the NOrth Pole...

Happy mailboxing !!

HO HO HO

• retsec
    15 years ago

Received a card and 2 packs seeds, grape tomato and container sunflowers, from luvgardening2. Can't wait to get them planted. I love sunflowers and could eat my weight in grape tomatoes. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Two words tonight for a total of 8. :-D

Oh, I think I might get a BINGO soon.... oh, oh, oh, I sure hope so!!!

Blessings,
    Angela

• colcol
    15 years ago

I have been so awesomely blessed & overwhelmed this Cmas season which has been the funnest ever! I'm a bit unorganized to report all the ones who sent to me right here, but I just finished posting on each's Rate & Review page. For now I want to say THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH to all who sent! I can't wait til Spring! I'm especially looking forward to growing gourds this year, and the bush morning glories, and the mock orange, and the ......
    What a fun time it's been! Thank you all!

• kellycomposter
    15 years ago

I braved it out to the mailbox tonight - it is very cold and about to storm. I got a wonderful surprise from luvgardening2 - spinach and bush beans! Thanks so much!

Kelly

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

No Christmas Cards today. So I thought it would be a good time to post a picture of all my SS cards.
    Thanks Everyone!
    Dorothy

• wind_red
    15 years ago

I just done posting at rate and review enchange forum for thank my secret santa's. I really enjoy this swap so much.

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Got more, 2 words on the 15th & 1 for 16th! :)

-David

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I went with a reindeer theme too. I gt all 5 words in Bingo! WhooHoo! It is the little things isn't?! I'm up to 11 words now.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Oh I received a wonderful card today....stuffed with so many goodies :) I got spoiled with this one ;) It was actually in yesterday's mail, but didn't make it there until this AM 'cause of the weather, so mail is still coming today.

Thank you so much Christy! bonechickchris for such a wonderful treat :) lots and lots of goodies I can't wait to plant :) Just look what she did.....

Lemon Squash - Oh this one sounds WONDERFUL!
    Zuchinni
    Round Black Spanish Radish - Yummmy
    Mustard
    Garlic Chives
    Thyme
    Summer Savory
    Lime Basil - MMMMM wanted this really bad :)
    Cream Sausage Paste Tomato - Ohhh these look interesting being the tomatoholic I am :)
    Banana Legs Tomato - Can't wait :)
    Orange Banana Tomato

Wow, what a list!!! Thank you thank you thank you :)

It's snowing HARD!!!! and all the schools are closed. This is the coldest weather we've had for over 20 years! And the most snow we've had in that many years as well. It's supposed to warm up for Christmas :o/ oh well, we'll have pics of the snow lol.

• suze62
    15 years ago

OOOOHH beautiful cards!!

Got 1 word 2-day :)
    Suzi

• wartikis
    15 years ago

I received another nice card yesterday: a Santa with a heavy load of presents. Thank you David(intelkid) for the card and the Marigold seeds. I will sow them this spring between our tomato plants to protect them from nematodes to attracts bees, and it cheers up the veggie patch.Thank you so much. Helma

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Beautiful cards! Makes me think of displaying mine out, making room here, easiest thing would be -the door!
    No cards lately, just know they're coming, if not, know you care...and don't let my wish list throw you back, lol, was thinking out loud, planning my list without expecting so many cards and seeds, let alone bulbs...one thing I wasn't kidding at all, was wishing well for us and you all.
    It's a privilege joining this swap. Luv to all my pals.

GB-Bea

• tergrov
    15 years ago

het their fcoffill
    I thank you for that site you posted anything i can learn about plants i try to learn that site is wonderful wooo hooo

• graanieb
    15 years ago

I'm used to getting cards and letters late, but this year my sisters and relatives in Croatia and Bosnia will be using Skype, free cam and especially voice chats, not perfect, but what is? Especially one for free.
    Gotten more annuals cleaned, mostly sweet autumn clematis, MG's, cannas, gingers and NBJasmine, it's been in 70-ies, just right to keep windows open!! Weather see-saws all over the world! Hope Santa doesn't get snowed in, ha.

Making Shrimp and leftover Turkey Gumbo!!
    No okra or smoked ham, so it's not the traditional recipe, might serve it with brown rice or mashed potatoes.

I'll share the recipe-s eventually, like it or not, lol

GB-Bea

• paulan70
    15 years ago

Well I got a surprise today

I recieved a thank you card from Patsy (Dirtduchess) with some moonflower bush seeds. hmm can't wait to see how these turn out and smell I have daturas that bloom after the sun goes down but this one I can not wait to see in person shine it little blooms out. Thank you Patsy for the seeds and for the card.

Paula

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Today I received a homemade picture card dirtduchess-Patricia:
    Moonflower Bush seeds

Thanks dirtduchess-Patricia, I love the card you made nice!

Hello all!!!
    :) Fran

• gmom2-6boys
    15 years ago

Seeds are still coming in and I would like to send my thanks to:
    Morgugirl for: Scabosia Mix
    Margarita 10 for: Purple balloon flower

My gardens are going to look sooooo good.
    Thanks again!!!!
    I will get to the rate and review soon.
    gmom2-6boys

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

My thanks goes out to Cathy (Cathy5916) for her card and the French Marigolds! Thanks Cathy, and it was a pleasure trading with you this year, too!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thread is fullllllllllllllll...........PLEAE go to the new thread........contest winners have been posted.

thanks for being part of this swap....you all are the best !

come to the new thread.......please...this one is done