Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreaz6wv

UPDATE: mnf december swap...got chocolate?

andreaz6wv
15 years ago

Hi,

I really hope it was ok to do this. I tried posting a follow-up and seen it was at the limit. I also hope I did it right! Feel free to let me have it if I've done something wrong.

Hi Suze-I am in Parkersburg. It's on the northwest side of the state. On the Ohio border.

Hi Kathy and Wendy- Thank you for the nice welcome.

Andrea

Comments (151)

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Well, I don't have any snow to throw at Annie ... yet! They are predicting our first measureable snow this weekend. The mountains all around us have snow on them, but we've only received a couple of dustings ... way behind this year.

Anyway, enough about the weather. On to the important stuff!!! Annie your package went out this morning. The DC# 0304 1560 0000 7341 8983.

Bonnie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ahhhh Kathy, I am so sorry. I couldn't begin to imagine how heartsick you are over that. It is too sad. Wendy is right of course, you have your family with you and you still have love surrounding you and that is the most important thing. I would rather console you over the loss of past memories for ornaments then the loss of a loved one. CHIN UP GIRL, MEMORIES ARE MEANT TO BE MADE, start new ones!!!
    BIG BIG BEAR HUG TO YOU!!!!

OH Bunny, I can't tell you how happy I STILL am with my box, I forgot to fix the bear last night but I am working on a project and he'll get his today! I was a'sniffing that lip smacker last night, ask Kym....lol. I kept telling her it SMELLS so good, she made a comment about 'sniffing' I said oh great yet ANOTHER addiction, THANKS BUNNY!....lol.
    Maybe I won't use it I will just use it as a 'sniffing' Diet aid. It smells so much like 'REAL' chocolate I can almost be satisified with that...lol (Kym also said I bet it DON'T TASTE like the REAL thing...lol)
    Thanks again, I hope your box gets there soon (also wanted to tell you the loose canes in there are Dum-Dum ones and for the kids! I had to remove the package cuz it wouldn't fit!)
    I LOVE it ALL!!! SO was pretty happy munching on the candy last night too, at first he was like, AH no I don't want ANY...then he came home from somewhere, sat down and then shortly there after said Ummm, WHERE's THE CHOCOLATE? I laughed at him and said I KNEW you would give in! You picked some REALLY good stuff, I LOVE turtles...

Wendy, I hope you start feeling better really soon. If you don't hear from Mark it looks like you are gonna be parntered with Linda!

ANNIE YOU DON'T PLAY FAIR!!! I want your weather must be nice to torture us all! HEHE

:) Fran

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Bunny sent me Berlandiera lyriata CHOCOLATE FLOWER seeds in the evny on the outside of the box!
    THANK YOU HONEY BUNNY!
    :)Fran

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I don't know Annie..You had better duck! "noticing lines of snowballs headed your way.."G"

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Christmas decorations. I have some that I've collected or had passed down through my family that I would be upset if I lost those..((HUG))

Bunny, maybe shivering your tale off will get that baby moving! "adding ice cubes to Bunny's hot cocoa" Great box to Fran by the way!!

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Afternoon,

LOL! I am not mean...I am just factual! I am a FACT person. My husband does not appreciate that quality in me most of time......And Linda...FYI...I do not take ice with my Chianti but my husband does. Fortunatley you nailed his glass and not mine!

AAAHHH...Possibly my "fact based weather torture" has bitten me good! It is now starting to rain but the sun is out! Well, I'll be darn.

Have a great day!

Annie

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Sorry to not have been around for the past couple days. I was in the hospital with pancreatitis (spelling?). Monday night, had some stomach pain. Took a sick day on Monday and went to the Dr. Tuesday. He rushed me to the ER and they rushed me through. After a bunch of tests, and lots of morphine, they decided it was an inflamed and irritated pancreas. I just got home and am still doing the swap. I am just delayed a few days.

I have developed a new appreciation for poppy plants! That's where morphine comes from!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Mark that is awful, glad you are doing better.

Annie, can't argue with facts now can you? LOL

Miss Sassy thang what you up to today? Your awful quite, you sleeping off that headache? Hope your feeling better.

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Gosh, did you all think I died or something? (well, the amount of pain I had, I was wishing I had....). Thanks for all the concern I wasn't here. I finally got a chance to read through the posts.

Don't worry Linda, the brownies that were made for you have already been consumed by my family. I will have to make another batch. I guess I won't get to eat any. I am on a bland food, low fat, low dairy diet for the next two weeks to let my pancreas heal. Now that's a kick in the teeth!

What do you get a man for these swaps? Hey, I am comfortable with my balance of testosterone and estrogen! I can appreciate anything a woman can! Gosh, go ahead. Call me a neolithic cave dweller and I'll grunt for you! LOL! Just because I don't turn on the sports channel! Send what you would anyone else! I'll enjoy it all!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hmmm...well Mark, that makes the possibilites endless..."pondering"...."G"

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Wow, it's getting dangerous in here with all those snowballs flying!

Carol, your box went out today. #03073330000181341618 Hope you enjoy! Thank goodness for flat rate boxes. The lady at the post office told me it would have cost $19.95 to send regular mail! No wonder chocolate makes you fat - it's so "heavy"!

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Well, I missed a whole week of teaching, you'll get it! Tonight is the largest full moon of the year. It is perigee. The full moon will look about 10% bigger overhead. Near the horizon, due to optics, it will look about 20% larger than normal! Look in your local paper for moon rise and fall tonight.

Also, from 3-5 Saturday morning (yea, I did say in the morning!) is a great meteor shower. This one will produce up to 60 streaks per hour tonight.

well, what does this have to do with our chocolate swap? Grab your favorite hot chocolate and enjoy your science lesson for tonight.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Glad to see ya back Mark! I was sure somethin' had happened cuz you're usually so chatty :P hehe Glad you're feelin' better too! Great Science lesson too btw.. my daughter and I were commenting on the moon this morning (it's still out when I head out to take them to school!) It was absolutely huge this morning, hard to believe it'll be even bigger tonight! We'll definitely go out and take a look. :)

Fran I'm feelin' much better. I actually did take it easy quite a bit today. Did a bunch of seed website searches too so I can update my WANT list for another RR I joined up for. Can never have enough seeds!!!

When I get to the point that I start to WS my seeds.. I'm going to post a pic of all my jugs. 'k.. that sounds awful LOL but seriously I have a whole side of the workshop out back filled to the top with big black trash bags filled with milk jugs, juice jugs, various containers I thought might last outside in the winter.. I really have my hands full this year. The ridiculous thing is I'm going ahead with all this WS'ing as planned.. but as of yet have not figured out or designed any ideas of WHERE I'll put all these flowers in my mom's yard!! Maybe I'll host a GW party and invite everyone over! lol

I'll be posting another game this weekend sometime. Since I'm not actually swapping w/ anyone and I had already been hoarding different 'chocolate' themed seeds, I know I have a good stash to give some away. If only I knew which box I put them in................. :P

It's wonderful to see all these boxes flying!! Has everyone been able to contact their partners now? Anyone need any additional info? Anybody need anything?? I know I know.. *reaches into my basket and tosses out some more Chocolate Bars!! Just trying to be a good hostess afterall ;-)

Well I'm off to work on some more boxes. I STILL have Christmas decorations to sort thru and either put out or put up! I'm leaning towards the latter at this point. :P

Hugs,
    Wendy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I'd LOVE to see that but the cloud cover is too thick with all this stupid snow..."grumbling"

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Same here Linda, it just started snowing, and it supposed to continue off and on through Monday or Tuesday.

Boy some hot chocolate sure sounds good about now!

AAaaaack!!! Wendy, you got me thinking about my WSing containers. For the past two years, I've used mostly 2L bottles, and always had plenty. Well, I just realized that DH is trying to kick his soda habit, and hasn't drank any for over a week! Guess I'll be pushing the kids to drink even MORE milk, LOL! I know lots of people wash and save their containers each year, but I usually have to cut mine to pieces to get the seedlings out in the spring.

I have been decorating jars of homemades jams, jellies, and salsa today, and plan on being in the kitchen baking lots of goodies next week to mail out to family, give to the kid's teachers, etc. I can't wait to get my very own box of chocolate goodies in the mail!!!

Bonnie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Wendy dear, you know I am REALLY not that far away from GA and most of my kin lives around down thare someware!
    That is where my Daddy's family was from, they moved up this away and the clan stayed in GA...lol.
    Sometimes my accent is thicker than others although I try not to thwang only on occasion is shines through...hehe.

So don't tempt me with coming back for a visit to GA I haven't been there for a visit in 18 years! The last time I got to go to Stone Mountian and stay with my sweet old Aunt Mary.

Mr. Case again I would like to thank you for your Lunar lesson and Ms. Bunny girl is the one who is posed to have that baby tonight FULLEST FULL moon and all, now ain't cha darlin'?
    Glad you are feeling better, hummm I wonder what'n all is in them thare brownies?

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Mr. Case? Oh, gosh. I am an old person here too! Thanks Fran. I used to love ya! ;)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

LOL! Mr. Case.. Better than Mr. 1964 tho right? :)

Let's hope the full moon does it's trick on Miss Bunny!! I know she'd be thrilled to have that baby asap.

Fran I knew I detected a twang in that typewritten text of yours! :P Show off that twang Miss Thang!!! (yes, that was totally lame and I know it!) :P

Ok back to my comfy couch, just had to come peek in and see who came by to visit!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Oh I am sorry Mark, was I posed to raise my hand first? ROFLMHO (h=hinny)
    You are not too too much older than I, so if you are old I am too. THANKS ALOT! LOL.

Yes'm Miss Wendy I am country to the core although I am not what I would classify as a country hick...hehe. I DON'T chew tobaccie, I don't do snuff, and I don't smoke so NOT a country hick...lol.
    BUT now, I love horses, trucks, and tractors! (pigs, cows, and goats) HEHE
    NOW THAT'S COUNTRY!!!

AND in honor of this swap I LOVE CHOCOLATE

:D Fran

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Just peeking my head in to see what yall are up to. Fran, I'd love to have you visit Georgia again, it's not so bad - really it isn't (sneaky southern grin). Mark, your description of the star show makes me want to go make a pot of coffee and stay up all night. But then, I've been teaching wild 5th graders all week and I really need some sleep. Hope you are feeling better.
    Now, where in the sam hill are those danged brownies?!?!?!
    Nik

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

***feeling too restless to bake, sorry***

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Dan ....If you need to chat late at night, just email me..usually on late...I hope you are doing ok !(sneaking in another hug)

** Ill bake some brownies, may not be the same as Dans..but I promise they will be tasty**

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I'll be okay, just facing a weekend in an empty house, that's all. I'll muddle through it. Thanks for the hug though!

And, about the brownies? Use the jar marked "oregano". Don't tell anyone, but that's not really what's in that jar, okay?

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"turning empty oregano jar upside down"...uh Dan...I think Bump's been into the jar again!

Hey, you know my number if you need to talk...I told you, doesn't matter what time...(HUG))

• brandymulvaine
    15 years ago

Hey Fran if you go to Georgia just remember to paddle like he!! if you hear banjo music!!LOL!!

Now to wake up everyone this AM...a picture of my jugs!!!!
    (well last years jugs, anyway!)
    {{gwi:360283}}
    someone suggested I take the pasties off..so I did...hehehe

And here's a dressed up jug(it was a long winter!)
    {{gwi:360284}}
    -B

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Okay, girl...ain't you got sense enough to know not to leave your naked jugs out in the snow like that?? What, you wanna loose your spouts to frost bite or something?? LOL!
    Oh, and your left one(s) is bigger than your right one(s).

Just thought you should know. :O)

AND NO THAT DOGGONE MOON DID NOT WORK. THANKS SO MUCH, MR. CASE. :P
    I suppose I should've gone out and done a moon dance or some such thing. LOL Wouldn't the neighbors have LOVED that??

My daddy always tells me the same thing "There's gonna be a full moon tonight, molasses. Get ready to have that baby!"
    He hasn't been right yet. :O)
    Of course, in that same breath he said "Ya know, my sister was pregnant for over 11 months...and cows ALWAYS seem to carry late..."
    *picture hubby, standing behind me, snorting and choking, trying to hold back laughter*
    Gee, thanks dad. I LOVE being compared to the sister from he!! and fat cows.
    Yep, love ya too.

*turning towards hubby*
    And husband? If you know what's good fer ya, you'll shut up right now...or I'll choke ya myself.

Glad we got that cleared up.
    :O)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*crackin up @ HNB!!! You poor thing... *HUGS* MEN are soo insensitive those last few days huh? *Giggles as you waddle off.... ROFL
    Love ya honey...lol

Hey Brandy ~My jugs are bigger than yours! nyah nyah! :P I love the dressed up one tho... you must've been REALLY bored! lol --- You have the lids on tho... supposed to leave em off so they can get air and the snow/rain etc can seep inside and water 'em. That's how it works for me anyways.. :)

I think Dan's secret ingredient is really Salvia, right Dan?? lol I saw somewhere on GW that teens are smokin' that stuff nowadays.. *shakes head @ their ignorance.. Hey big hugs to you tho Dan, just check in w/ us Chocolate Addicts some this weekend, we'll keep you smiling :)

Hugs ya'll! NOW do you hear my Georgian twang?? lol

~Wendy

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone!

I just checked on the package Annie sent. It just left Denver, which would put it here by Monday, but there is a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow, so I guess it depends on how bad the mountain passes get. Well, at least I won't have to worry about the chocolate melting, LOL!

Wendy, I'm from the south too! Lived here 8 years now, and my accent still gives me away sometimes!

Bonnie

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Well Bunny, Maybe I should have told you the story that went along with the winter moon!

Once, along ago in the Carolina mountains, there was a woman courted by the richest, best looking gent in the valley. They were married! shortly after the marriage, he turned mean. He abused and tormented the young woman. This torment lasted for many years.

One day, upon the large, winter moon, the young woman visited the old woman in the woods. She made the treacherous journey to the old woman and knocked. As the door creaked open and went into the shack, they visited about his mean nature. The old woman told the young that soon everything would change. The young woman was pregnant with twins!

Oh, no! It couldn't be! What if the children was as mean and terrible as her husband! But the old woman in the woods comforted her and said: "Take this cream, and rub it on your belly every night before bed. Chant these words: 'Be nice. Be nice.'"

When the young woman returned from the woods, she discovered her husband had been killed in an accident. The young woman followed the directions and rubbed the magic cream on her belly and chanted "Be nice. Be nice."

Three months passed. Six. Nine. Twelve months passed and the baby had not been born. However, every night, the woman rubbed the magic cream on her belly and chanted "Be nice. Be nice."

Two years. Ten! Thirty years! Many rumors circulated about the pregnant woman, but she continued the rub the magic cream and chanted "Be nice. Be nice."

Upon her death in her late 80's she was morned. The entire community came out for her. While everyone looked at her on the hearth, one person said what everyone else was thinking: "Let's cut her open!"

The town doctor came, parted the dress, took his scalpel, made the incision, opened the womb and gasped at what he saw. Want to know what???

Do ya?

Huh?

Two old men with long gray beards and long gray hair bowing to each other saying: "After you." "No, After you." "After you." "No After you."

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Mark, never has a story made me laugh & cry so much at the same time.
    Oh, Mercy.
    I don't know whether to throw some brownies at ya, or send ya a hug. LOL

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ya know when I began WS sowing BEFORE it was made popular here and I used my containers (not milk jugs whatever I could find with a clear plastic lid) like salad containers and stuff like that I also left the top on and put NO HOLES in the bottoms. Even when I have used milk jugs, I also left lids on, that DOES make it a mini greenhouse, when you water the soil/soiless mix before planting and then put the lid/cap/top on it causes moisture/condensation inside the bottle. SEEDS DO NOT need air, the SEEDLINGS DO, once sprouting starts is when you want to remove the cap after they get a certain length. I open mine to check moisture content and replace the lids one to two times a day once they start going, THEN gradual either begin leaving the lid or top off until it stays warm enough without needing the 'greenhouse effect', THEN if you use a milk jug/water jug/drink bottle you begin cutting slits in them for air flow and to release heat. After it has warmed more you completely remove the sides and tops of the jugs.
    That is why someone made the comment some where that SOME people reuse their jugs year after year but they (this person who commented) end up cutting theirs to pieces, and usually have to be able to get the plants out.
    Personally, I like using coldframes, and I found some thick plastic to try to make a few with just yesterday. I was tickled to find it, it is the stuff you make floor runners out of without those spikey things on the backs! So now I just have to get out and make them (prolly will make SO do this...lol) HOWEVER, I DO have some jugs and drink/soda bottles and intend to use them this year as well along with my little containers. A freind used to work at H@rdee's and gave me a whole box of those 'breakfast bowl' bowls. They will make excellent little greenhouses!.

Mark, your story was just WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.. FUNNY, yes, but OH SO WRONG.....lol.

Geeze, Please pass me a brownie, and Linda, your slipping my Tea Glass is completely empty now! REFILL PLEASE, thank you....

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"trying to pour Fran tea while wiping tears out of my eyes from laughing so hard"..okay Mark, I think a "swallow your tea before reading" warning would've worked..."mopping up screen"

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I got my box from Fran today! :O)
    She sent:

~Lots of little socks & some booties for the baby!
    ~Hazelnut coffee creamer (oh, the anticipation!)
    ~A 1st Christmas ornament for the baby
    ~A plastic M&M filled candy cane
    ~A box of Little Debbie Christmas tree brownies for the kids
    ~A box of thin mints (the tag on this said to share with Dad, if I wanted...he read that to mean HE had to share with ME..LOL)
    ~A box of assorted chocolates
    ~A gift bag w/tin (had a large gingerbread man cookie inside!) for each kiddo
    ~Candy canes for the kids
    And Seeds:
    Purple Hyacinth bean vine
    Basil
    Tarragon
    White Hyacinth bean vine
    Dill

Thank you SO MUCH, Fran!! :O) Hubby ate the M&M's, I have already eaten *most* of the thin mints (they're a favorite of mine!) and the kids are ecstatic over their gifts!
    If I've forgotten anything, please forgive me...I was fighting kids & hubby off while opening the box! (should've never mentioned the "C" word!! lol)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Bunny, did you love the Baby ornament? I fell in love with it. It was the only one left and when I saw it I HAD to get it...I thought it was just too cute and so very right for you!

Bunny also 'KNOWS' why she received socks...lol.
    I had to get you the coffee creamer, for that first cup of the morning after...lol (or evening which ever...lol)

You also have a c. card stuck to the outside of the box cuz I forgot to put it in.

Those were the easiest seeds I could think to send and don't forget to give the little one her 'egg' of seeds they may be Lemon Twist, we forgot....

I hope you liked everything and hubby didn't take all your candy away...lol.

M & M's are my candy of choice (peanut ones) they are usually what I grab if getting candy. I don't like the plain...lol. Was hoping someone would eat those.

I wish I would have done a bigger box but I had some other things going out at the same time and I just got lost in it all.

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

MMMMM!!! Just made a batch of chocolate chip chocolate banana cookies! I couldn't resist and took one of the hot ones off the cooking stone. Burned my tongue and loved ever bite! I couldn't finish one cookie because my diet still is not there. I can eat small amounts of food, and one cookie did me in!

Not fair! An infection that affected one of my favorite hobbies: cooking and eating!

I guess I will have to pack some of these up for Linda to go with her death by chocolate brownies that will be my made up Monday night.....

Fran, what was so bad about that story? I am a semi-professional story teller. that one always gets a good laugh.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Mark, you are not a woman, do you REALLY have to ask what is wrong with a woman being with child pert near all her life? and THEN 2 GROWN MEN? OH MY GOODNESS, My dear fellow, what isn't wrong...hehe.

Sipping on tea munching a brownie, and shaking my head. Men just don't get the pregnant thang at all do they girls?

:D Fran

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I wouldn't dream of profiting from your infection, Mark.."looking over shoulder to see cookies being packed in box".."G"

Fran, how's that tea? Need some more Bailey's?

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Well, we're back from the Christmas party (yay!). The kids had fun, the food was....well, blah...LOL...and hubby walked away with a door prize of a hooded sweatshirt & a beanie. Woo-Hoo! What's so funny is how excited he really WAS about the hoodie. LOL
    Anyway, here are some pictures of the kiddos with Santa:

This is the boys, and I had to FIGHT to get them to stand there...seems they think they are too old for Santa!
    Bowen, William & Elijah (left to right)
    {{gwi:1316281}}

Adora & Santa
    {{gwi:1316283}}

Aubeni & Santa
    {{gwi:1316285}}

This is Adora hamming it up before we left.
    {{gwi:1316287}}

And now...I'm off to bed. LOL It's been a busy night, and I'm pooped. :O)

Have a good night, Everyone!!

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Ohh Bunny...they are just too cute ! thanks for sharing the pics...and I am glad all in all you had a good time.

mark, can I PLEASE ask ya for the recipe....*giving him my best smile*

mark, I have been there with the eating, still have trouble, can you drink the ensure ? You dont want to get any weaker by not eating...go slow with the eating..and let the body tell you when to eat...although those cookies sound too good to pass up !!!

good night all.......wendy I havent heard from my pa'tna..( partner) but she did post she is having trouble with her computer...so I hope she will write soon.

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Bunny,

My boys are older. Been there with the fight to stand next to Santa. I had to tell the older ones, when they were little, Santa was for them. Now, Santa is for us. Indulge us, please? They did. Plus, the bribe of not chastising them for how much goodies they ate at the party helped! LOL! The pictures are so cute!

Kym,

Here it the recipe. I had a few people ask for it so I'll post it here. I make up most of my recipes (remember, I am a science teacher...... :) )

take the Tolehouse Chocolate cookie recipe on the back of the pack. Reduce the butter by 1/2 stick. Replace with two VERY OVERRIPE bananas. Increase baking soda by 3/4 teaspoon. Bake for 13 minutes. That's it.

The batch I made is already gone and the boys asking for more. I guess I'll be buying some over ripes at the store later today. Discount rack, here I come.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the beautiful cards you've sent, offering your love, caring, hugs, and friendship. It's good to know I've got so many people who care about me and Bump, especially when we find ourselves still looking and listening for Paula, the one who turned this house into a home. The things you've all said has made it obvious that I wasn't the only one who cared for Paula, and for that, I thank you. The outpouring of your love these past two weeks has been a great comfort to me. I don't know what I'd do without all you guys.
    I have a request to make, though I'm not sure how exactly to say it. Can you imagine it? Me? Now knowing what to say? Anyway, let me just come out and say it, and please remember that I'm saying it with the best of intentions. I'm probably say this the wrong way, but then, I don't know if there's a right way. Bear with me, okay? ***deep breath*** Though I've enjoyed each and every card I've received, they've also reminded me of Paula's absence, and that's been a bit hard to deal with. I know the good intentions behind every card, and I love you all for them. I guess what I'm trying to ask, and botching it up pretty well, is that no one send any more cards about Paula. I need some time and space right now, so I can start figuring out how to make a life without her. My feelings are a bit raw still, and I need to let some of them settle down a bit. I know you are all willing to help me deal with Paula's absence, and I will forever be grateful for finding friends like you all. But, for now, I need to focus on the other parts of my life so I can get a handle on what's missing.
    I hope you all understand. I don't want to upset anyone, hurt them, or harm. I just need a little time spent focusing on the other parts of my life.

Thanks, again...
    -Dan & Bump

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

it's okay Dan, take all the time you need, no one's offended...((HUG))

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

YEAH....I got my bear fixed!!! I don't think he likes his body parts it took 2 attempts to repair him! Wendy, I think I decovered something even Gorilla glue won't stick too! The parts fell off on the first attempt and the Gorilla glue AFTER DRIED peeled right off! BUT he is NOW on my tree! (He is made out of polymer or resin, and he parts were individual pieces so there was no harm in them coming off in the first place, no cracks to have to conceal.)

Bunny, cute kids. I like Adoras shirt! I don't blame William. I wouldn't want to stand with or have my pic taken with santa either at his age, if I was a boy that is. Hope you don't make him do it next year. He is a BOY for goodness sake, boys don't like that Bunny dear! However, the girls will prolly be willing to do it until they are married off...lol. I think the last time I sat on Santa's lap I was 15...HEY, I HAD a LIST he needed!!! lol. (Never, did get that car!)
    You getting plently of rest girly? You need to!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

Hello Dan, how's your chocolate stash?

Linda the tea is lovely, a splash more Bailey's please, this time without the tea bath please...lol.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Well Fran, I've got some dark chocolate miniatures I'm enjoying, but that's about it. Why?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ahh, Dan, I wanted to make sure you have some to enjoy with us while you visit didn't want you to be empty handed on a CHOCOLATE SWAP! can't be having that...no! :)

It sure is quite around here.

:)Fran

• brandymulvaine
    15 years ago

I have my box ready to go, but don't have an address for my partner yet!!
    What to do, what to do!
    Do the rules say you can eat the chocolate yourself if you don't get an address?!?LOL!!

Here's a neat story:
    A lady on a diet decided to have a small slice of chocolate cake that she had made for her family. That small piece tasted so good that she had another, then another, the next thing she knew the cake was gone! Remembering how her husband had praised her willpower and determination, she baked another cake and ate half of it so he would never find out ;O
    -B

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay, it's awfully quiet on here today..."making a pot of tea, opening the Bailey's and pulling brownies out of the oven"....how's everyone doing with their Christmas shopping, wrapping of presents and making that one last thing?

I just finished the last afagan last night and now I'm onto slippers and a scarf.."counting the days on my calendar and flexing my fingers"

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

just spending the day here, working on my seeds and listening to the wind howl outside.

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hi Dan, how is the seed sorting going ??

Linda, may I have a cup of tea please...I have to go to a new Dr today..I have no idea why, but I get soo nervous..I will skip the brownie, just incase they can tell...LOL

Wendy, I still dont have an address either, and I am hoping the boxes dont have to be there BEFORE Christmas...

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday !!

Kym

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

here's you tea Kym.."handing hot steamimg cup over"...good luck with your Dr. visit today..

Dan, spending time on your seed list huh,.."peering over shoulder"...hmmmmm....anything good?

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oooh, Linda...A scarf & afghan sound SO nice! We woke up to ice everywhere. It's not bad, THANK GOODNESS, but the temps are in the single digits with the wind chill. That's QUITE a difference from the 68 degrees we had yesterday!
    I still haven't gotten a scarf...been putting it off. Think I'll need to do that soon, as we're supposed to be getting freezing rain & yucky stuff for the rest of the week.... :O)

Nothing new going on here....just getting the kids back into their school work. They had a week vacation, and the first day back is always the hardest, it seems. LOL Gotta go crack the whip. :O)