BIRTHDAY BASH GROUP MEMEBERS THREAD ONLY

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NEW SCHEDULE
    November---
    17-debbya/Deb (Finished)

December---
    Ornament AND Secret Santa Swap (almost wrapped up 2 boxes in movement at this moment)

January---

February---

March---
    20Âncgardengirl/Fran(NC)(ME)

April---
    10---flwers4ever/Kym (R.I.)

May---
    17---nikkineel/Nikki

June---
    18---vic_zn5/Vic (MT)

July---
    17---galium/Mariann

August---
    23---wynative/Marie(WY)

September---
    26---hazelnutbunny/Melissa(AR)

October---
    12---diene/diene(MA)

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi all! I'm in GA - didn't see that on the list:)
    I'm having a hard time getting in gear to wrap up Christmas preparations. It's soooo cold outside. Anybody wintersowing? I've done about 25 or so containers so far. This is my first year.
    Have a great week! Nik

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HEY MISS NIK!! I decided to wait until after Christmas to mail these seeds out. I figured it would take them forever to get there or they MIGHT get lost so I think it is just best to wait, I prolly will wait until after the New Year!!!

I couldn't remember where you were, lol. I should REMEMBER by now BUT we all know my poor little brain can only handle so much...lol. I COULD have looked at your questions, but well what can I say...lol.

:) Fran

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi my Fran! Don't you worry about those seeds. I told you this was not the time to concern yourself with such things:) Hey - I realize the next birthday is not till March and its YOURS, but I'd really love to see your questionaire. Who knows, I might catch an after Christmas sale or something. Sooooo, take a look at it, make any updates needed, and send it to me - just for kicks!!!
    How's everyone else?
    Awe Fran, I guess they are all out shopping and getting ready for Christmas. We southerners can't take the cold, right Fran? I'll have tomorrow to wrap things up.
    Hey - do you think Bunny's having that sweet baby?
    Nik

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope Bunny has that baby soon! I am hoping that is what she is busy doing at the moment.

NOOOOOOOOOO I can NOT that the cold, if it is below 70 then it is COLD in my book. LOL.

I have nothing much else to do except play with my seeds and cook and clean what must be cleaned that is it...I am SOOOO ready for SPRING already.

I will send you my questions, I just realized the other day when Vic asked to be switched that I will get a break until April...lol THANKS VIC...hehe.

GOSH IT IS TOO COLD!
    I went to the mailbox eariler and didn't put on a jacket, I thought I was going to freeze before I got back to the house, it was a little further then I thought as cold as it is....then I got in the house and had 3 copies of the Park's Seed Catalog...lol.

LATER LADIES,

• diene
    15 years ago

Good Morning All;
    I was going to say I was fighting a terrible cold but I truthfully lost the battle. We have over two feet of snow on the ground which has fallen since Friday. It is pretty but driving yesterday was a challenge and with it remaining so cold, I do not think it will improve today.

I think I just put a picture of my stash from the Secret Santa swap. I received a box of neat stuff.
    Garden sign, metal planter, notebook with attached pen, pretty bowl filled with candy, neat candy canes (not the normal red and white), a picture frame desk set in leather, an incense set and a pretty flying angel ornament you can see in the front.
    Thanks, Santa

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Okay, not in the group - just coming by to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
    Anyway, I have lots of friends in this group and stop by to read the messages now and then. In fact, I check in lately to see if Buuny has had her baby. Bunny, whether it is Christmas Day or not, this definitely will be a Christmas-time baby! Can't believe your mother commented on you being "fat" - end of pregnancy is definitely not fat!
    Anyway, it looks like everyone is receiving great packages. I will be winter sowing after Christmas is over. It is now one of my favorite things to do. (...and then after the sowing, I get to walk around and check all those jugs every day to see if anything has sprouted...)
    Wow, I can't believe all the snow, ice, and extreme cold in so many places. Just sort of normal for December here - cold at night and sunny and not too bad in the daytime.
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Jeanne

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome Jeanne you KNOW you can post with us anytime we to not object to outsiders...lol. I wish you would have joined us you would have had fun! I wouldn't have minded moving a month, not really. I could have done June, it would have been fine!
    Email me would you so we can talk about winter sowing, I need some pointers and tips and reminders. It has been so long since I actually did it I am afraid to do it again!

Diene that sounds like a great box and thank you very much for posting the pic. I am sorry you are sick. You need to get better before Christmas! I like notepads and pens athough I have a tendancy to 'stash' them or horde them and not use them LOL. I collect things, kind of like a packrat!
    I can not help this!

I really hope you all have enjoyed receiving your gifts and had fun putting your boxes together for the person you sent too, I did, I was worried my person wouldn't like it that is ALWAYS something I worry about!
    ANYWAY, just ONE more box to receive and we can play the GAME!!!!

OK, well, going to eat supper now I am starving!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good GRIEF I needed to make SURE I put BIRTHDAY BASH or BDAY BASH in the updated title from now on....this one is HARD TO FIND!!!

Maybe after Christmas and for Jan I WILL make another on that is easier for all of us....I hope ya'll aren't having as much trouble as I seem to be having!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hello!

Fran, below 70 cold!?! We were above zero today by 10 degrees! Christmas it is supposed to get up to the low 20's! Everyone is excited! LOL

Anyone here from Deb? I was just wondering how she was doing.

And what about Melissa? I hope she is in the middle of a 15 min. labor right now! : )

Diene, sorry you've been sick, hope you are on the mend. Nice box you got there!

I'm hoping my SS box shows up today or tomorrow!

I didn't get a chance to read all the threads (again) but you girls made some great quilts! They are so nice!

Mariann, is your daughters store picking up at all? I was in the mall over the weekend here (I hate going to the mall) It seemed that all the kiosks in there were pretty slow too. I think people are shopping more for price this year than quality, which is sad. And I've talked to a lot of people (us included) that are cutting way back this year.

Well, I think you girls know that I rented my house out in MI, and so far this month I have not rec'd the rent and can't get ahold of them, they don't ans. the ph or return my calls "sigh" The lease is up Jan 1st and I told Jamie that I am worried they thought we would not renew the lease because they were always late on the rent and they might be just moving out! Nothing like having to come up with an extra house payment at Christmas time! It would be nice if they would at least let me know if they are moving!
    Enough of that, it's giving me a terrible headache.

I have to work tomorrow probably till about 3:00 then I get FOUR days off!!! YIPEE!!! I'm hoping to live in my PJ's for most of those days and not leave the house at all!

Hi Kym, Nikki, and Marie! And you too Jeanne! Of course you are always welcome to stop in and say hi! : )

Merry Christmas!
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vic send them a letter they have to sign for and explain in the letter you are looking to renew their lease, MAYBE that will get them to answer, but on the other hand if they are already moved then that is no good.
    Do you have a neighbor you can call and ask?

The last thing I saw from Deb was on the PP thread.

Bunny, I believe said she was busy with the Holidays until after Christmas.

Bunny, I am sorry your mom is so harsh. Your not fat YOUR pregnant and in the words of everyman I have every heard talk about that means 'Your Beautiful' so booyah on your MOM!

Vic glad you stopped in :)

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Bunny,

A pregnant woman is one of the most beautiful sites a man can see. If someone tells you that you are fat, I will send them a special death by chocolate brownie. Exlax make a good addition!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Thanks, guys. :O) I appreciate the reminders. With my mom, if I'm anything over 120lbs, I'm fat. So imagine how she gets when I gain 30 lbs for pregnancy! I know SHE'S the one with the problem, but tell a hormonal pregnant lady she's fat......well, you KNOW how that affects her.
    She's coming up to visit today...maybe I'll just sit on her?? :O)

Sorry I haven't been on in a day or so. No baby YET, I've just been sick. I'm still not feeling well, and I hope I get over whatever this is before tomorrow. *UGH*
    Anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone HI!!! And say MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    I'll try to pop in later, if I feel up to being vertical for longer than a few minutes. :O)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE
    MAY YOUR DAY BE FILLED WITH HAPPINESS, JOY, AND LOVE OF FAMILY THOSE HERE AND AFAR AND FRIENDS HERE AND THERE!!!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Awe Bunny - I know it's hard to take a comment like that at this time. I REALLY enjoyed my pregnancies - ate constantly. With my second one, I gained over 60 pounds! My MIL said reminded me of my "weight" once and I was so hurt. But I showed her - lost it all but about 10 pounds by the time she was 3 months. Remember, nursing helps and honey you just enjoy every pound of it. Obviously, baby's happy in there:)
    Here's a pic of the kids today. We had a great time at Mimi's...
    {{gwi:459750}}

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Aww Nikki, Thanks for sharing!

• galium
    15 years ago

Well there you all are! I wanted to post Merry Christmas yesterday but didn't see a new thread. Fran I thought you were to busy to start a new one.

We had a very nice Christmas today. Our DD was here. Her DH finally got that nasty cold we all had. He was home in bed. She felt terrible coming without him but she knew I'd cry if she wasn't here. Plus she has never missed a Christmas with us. I made a huge bowl of Chocolate Mousse and DD took home 3/4 of it. I may have a little later. I mean a very little. I've been so good this Holiday Season about staying away from the goodies. DH and I made Raspberry Thumbprint cookies a few days ago and I only ate 1. I also heard from both my sisters. My sister who has the dairy farm in northern PA told me one of her DD's is engaged. I mean these two have been together for about 5 years.

My DH will be working the Kiosk tomorrow. He has to keep track of how many people he sees. If there are only a few our DD is going to shut down a week early. No it wasn't a good year for her Vic. But it was a great learning experience.

Bunny I know you are looking radiant. Even though you want to have that baby NOW!!! What's with some mothers anyway! My mom use to come out with stuff that I wished she wouldn't say.

diene-Feel better!

And to all of you Birthday Basher's

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!