Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klickitat_gw

UPDATE: Our Bloomin Friends January Fruitcake Exchange

klickitat
17 years ago

{{gwi:1316669}}

ItÂs that time, girls! Our exchange moves forward and your partners are listed below.

Please remember that the only requirement of this monthÂs swap is to include some form of fruitcake  edible or in the shape of a gift youÂve received and donÂt have any use for. Whatever your imagination can come up with will work in this monthÂs exchange. Be creative!

Since this month is much like last month, plants may be difficult to send, so if have something your partner may want and would like to mail it out, please include an I.O.U. with your package and ship it out when the time is right. Seeds would be a terrific idea as they are compact and fresh. If you are able, send your partner at least a small sample of seeds you may have or can find. Alternatively, wow them with something else they may want!

When shipping your package, please post the delivery confirmation number here. Upon receipt, it is only right to acknowledge your boxÂs arrival. I know we all enjoy finding items to send and appreciate it when our partners post the items here.

If there are any questions, concerns or problems, please email me and IÂll do my best to straighten everything out.

Now on with the fun!

veeja11 sends to mmqchdygg

mmqchdygg sends to beth b kodiak

beth b kodiak sends to lunamoon

lunamoon sends to mellen

mellen sends to klickitat

klickitat sends to micke

micke sends to cedarnest

cedarnest sends to hummingbirdaisy

hummingbirdaisy sends to llbean

llbean sends to tastefullyjulie

tastefullyjulie sends to debbya

debbya sends to skohler

skohler sends to remy

remy sends to sandlapper rose

sandlapper rose sends to theresa 24

theresa 24 sends to giverny4me

giverny4me sends to veeja11

Comments (120)

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

What looks like a pencil mark by the leaves is cat hair. That won't be on it when I ship it. LOL

Annie

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Woohoo! Am I the first to post?! Do I win? That's beautiful work, Annie. I'm impressed!

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

yep, you are the first one to post, I will get it out to you in the next couple of days because I will wash and press it for you first. Now I know I have your address in the yahoo file, but to save time can you please send it to me.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Klickitat-Way to go on that great prize from Annie. Sorry to hear about the laryngitis, hope good health is on the way to you.

Tina-Glad you are having some tests run, headaches are the no. 1 sign that something is wrong. I had a headache some years back for 18 days and went to the Dr. and they thought I had a brain tumor but it turned out I had a stroke. My bloodpressure was so high I was on 6 blood pressure pills a day. Praying that everything turns out ok.

Deb-I'm so excited that you found my Florida Boys Christmas tape. Doing the happy dance here. I don't care if Christmas is over I'M PLAYING IT EVERY DAY once I get it. You are the GREATEST....Thank you so very much.

Jeanne-I say going to Rome is special...that is a dream come true vacation. Thank you for sharing this special time with us.

Julie-Wishing you a speedy recovery from the pink-eye.

I'm so behind on the posts, Christmas was barely over and my GD's B-Day was Jan 4th and my DD's was Jan. 6th. I try to make their birthdays extra special. Hope everything slows down now.

I would like to ask you all to remember my Niece's little boy in prayer. He's 9 years old and very sick, his name is Joseph. He has lost 12 pounds of weight and can't eat for all the ulcers in his mouth and on his tongue. He is so tiny to begin with he really didn't need to lose the 12 pounds. We can't get any of them to answer the phone this afternoon so they may have admitted him to the hospital.

Shirley

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Darn it all! It could have been me!

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I posted that before Shirley's post came up, lol!
    Annie, Your cross-stiching is excellent!

I came home to my swap box from Susie! She got lots of stuff in the box. She made a wonderful sign for me. It is a big arrow that says Remy's Garden in raised letters. Thanks so much Susie. I'm going to make Gary shellac it!
    She also sent a couple of boxes chocolates. One is chocolate covered cherries. And she sent jelly beans too. For the garden I got fertilizer stakes, a bumble bee wind sock, and a pair of gloves. She also sent the little square plasic baggies. Those are my favorite ones! The was a ball for my doggies. A pair of fuzzy socks. A couple of note pads which is good because I'm always running out. There were a couple issues of Backyard and a Christmas issue of Taste of Home. She sent the book 'Who Moved My Cheese?' I read about this book, so it will be good to read. She also gave me a local cookbook from the Club Italia of Battle Creek, Mich.(I would of never thought one would be there!) It is another great one for my collection! Oh, and lastly I got a Chaxton Fruit Cake too. I looked at the ingredients and it seems very natural, so I just might like it: )
    Thank you so much Susie!

Susan, Klickitat,
    I know it is dangerous!! Thankfully, I live in a neighborhood of very nice people. Everyone walks by and says hello and the kids are nice. You can leave all you stuff outside and no one will take it. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a 1950's tv show.
    Sammie is microchipped and tattooed too. She is bad with coming when called. I've never had a dog that would not come immediately when called, but I never had a dog that was obviously treated as bad as she was. I have been working on calling her and being very affectionate when she does come. It is when she thinks she has done something wrong that she won't. She goes absolutely nuts when it comes to small animals. A greyhound/retriever mix will do that I suppose. Other than that she is the most well behaved dog I've ever owned!

Dizzy,
    I was wondering if anyone would catch my joke! lol.

Shirley,
    So sorry to hear about your nephew. I hope he gets well real soon.
    That's an amzing story about your headache. Thank goodness you ended up alright. Gary got stuff in his eye at work a few years back and went to the doctor. His blood pressure was super high and he had no idea! He hadn't gone to the doctor in quite some time. If he hadn't hurt his eye, he could of had something terrible happen.

Oh I almost forgot! Jeanette posted at the end of the long time to load graphic post in case anyone doesn't look over at the post. She says she lost he job and she's homeless! Did she live in an aparment of the complex that she managed?
    She didn't say where she was living. I hope she has some family that she's with right now. Well, her post didn't have a feeling of being upset to me, so I think she is ok.
    Take care all,
    Remy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Tina, I am saying prayers for you. I know how it is when you are waiting and scared. I'm sure everything will turn out okay. I had a bout of serious headaches about 10 years ago. They did an MRI and couldn't find any reason for them. Eventually, they stopped. It was scary though. How about stress? Stress can cause so many problems. Caused me to have consistent chest pains a few years ago. Anxiety medication cleared them right up. Anyway, I will be praying.
    Shirley,I'm also praying for your niece's boy. It's especially scary when it's a child.
    Theresa

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Remy,

I saw that on the graphic post; I sure hope Jeanette is ok.

Most of all my stitching I've donated for auction for the leukemia/lymphoma association. The one on the Graphic thread is going to be donated on the auction I am helping with this month.

Shirley, my prayers are going out to your nephew. I hope they find out what is going on with him.

Well, I've got to go into work tonight then I'm off till Friday night. I must buy me some soil to do some wintersowing this week. The weatherman said a cold spell is coming so maybe it is safe to get some done without them trying to germinate.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Tina, I sure hope all comes out ok for you. My thoughts and prayers are going your way!

On my way to work!
    Annie

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Tina, I hope I didnt add to your anxiety I sure didnt mean to. Please don't let the GW get you down girl this is where you come to relax! Enjoy the kids being back in school, watch a movie or map out your spring planting on paper or take a bubble bath. Don't do all 3 at once or the paper will get soggy. (((Hugs)))

Annie if you find any more cross stitch bring it on! You do beautiful work.

Shirley, I am glad your headache was addressed and action taken! My neighbor lady and friend Miss Beth had a headache 20 years ago, did'nt take time to go to doc, had a major stroke one day in her kitchen, her teen found her flat on the floor. She is still in a wheelchair at 70, and only has use of left hand and leg though she can definitely speak. Alot. real lot. Mucho. But I do love her. She is 5ft. tall, 80lb dynamo in a wheechair. She does amazing container gardening. Anyways she was only 50, not overweight, no high blood pressure but she did smoke. The kicker is she was a R.N. at Duke U. medical center for many years so she should have known better.

Remy congrats on the neat "Susie"box...and your neighborhood sounds way cool!

Shirley will definitely keep your niece and grandnephew in our prayers.

• llbean
    17 years ago

Wow have you ladies been busy posting..
    Remy~
    Got the seeds and I am so excited I can hardley wait to start them.. Thanks thanks thanks.. I am trying the ones that you labeled your favorites and one other that you labeled vig. grower. I let my dad take a peek to see if he would like me to start some for him.
    Tina~
    ANA is usually drawn to check for lupus, but some Dr. draw to look for cancer. I would not get in a bunch yet, even though it is hard not to. Headaches, can be blood pressure also. Not knowing any family history it is hard to take an inside glance. Plus my stethascope only reaches so far :)
    but don't worry yet. You can't change it right? I mean seriously, either way a test turns out, the results will be the same. so... live for today and let the next days take care of themselves. They will I promise.
    Sandlapper~ You are home now, so I will ship your winning prize to you. Is it ok to send now?

Julie~
    did you get your box? I hope so. that would stink. Are you feeling better?

Annie~ Great work. I tried to CS once and it bothered me because the back looked so bad.

Klick~
    I am glad you liked your gift. I saw somewhere that you collected antique nursing things. I know it is not antique but it was cute and when I saw it I picked up one for me and one for you. It is from Bronners which is the worlds largest Christmas store and lucky for me it is right here in MI.
    Well ladies I am still a bit under and I should probably drag myself to bed. I start teaching this week to the basic nursing students so I have to look over my syllabus to see how mean I am this semester. :)
    I am sorry if I left anyone out.. I am usually Mrs. General poster but I saw some things so I posted on them..
    Hugs
    Laura

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laura, what sort of nurse are you?

• llbean
    17 years ago

Klickitat~
    I am a Nurse Practitioner. I Work in level 1 trauma center er. I also teach at the University of Michigan. My past experience has been. Neuro, ICU, CCU, flight care, ER, Med surg. I love it. I love being an NP. I love having the ability to see patients independantly as well as being able to order test, RX drugs and give orders.
    I love it.
    How about you?

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I was so excited about opening my box from Susie, I never looked at my regular mail. In the pile there was a letter from Jeanette!
    She says she got fired for budgetary reasons(I bet that is why that boss lady was there a little while ago,) and she is packing to move because she does live on site. She says she is in a catch 22 in that she can't get her last pay check until she moves, but she can't move with out her last pay check! She doesn't know when she will be able to post. She wants me to let everyone know she is thinking of her Bloomin Friends and will be back soon. She asks for luck on her job search.

Tina!
    I'm smoking crack!, lol. I thought I posted to you last night. I wanted to tell you to try and not worry. It doesn't change a thing. You must be like my Gary, he is a worrier! Me, not at all. but sitting in darkness doesn't do a thing for me. It is like the library. I've always hated the library, too quiet. When ever a noise is made, it is distracting. I can read/relax better with constant background music/noise. Too bad it isn't gardening time, that always makes time disappear for me. I'm sure it does that for you too. Don't you knit or something? I'm trying to remember, an activity like that can be relaxing. Or... you can just get drunk, lol!

Laura,
    I'm glad the seeds came. I obviously tried to make a mix of ones you may like with more than enough choices for you and your dad. Plus tomato seeds last well for at least 5 years, so you can save them if you don't use them this year.
    You remind me of my very good friend that is the head icu nurse that I've mentioned before with the crazy stories. I don't know how you all get so much stuff done! She is like the energizer bunny. Me, I'm more like a slug, lol. Anyway, she is pregnant, and I'm so happy for her. She has an 8 year old, and has been trying ever since to have another baby. She had a miscarriage once too: ( But she is over 5 months now and everything looks good. So I'm very excited for her.
    Remy

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

llbean... sounds like you've had a fascinating career so far! I'm a Neuro RN working on my FNP. Only 1 year left to go and I can't wait. The difference in the two jobs is massive and I certainly prefer the NP role over the RN one. Wouldn't you know that school started back up yesterday and I'm still sick. Bleh.

Well, girls, more sleep for me today. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Has anyone heard fron Jeanette? That's scary stuff.

Tina,
    You are a tough cookie. Stay strong and my thoughts are with you.

Laura,
    I called the post office and they said they didn't leave the box for me Saturday because it looked like it was going to rain. That's a new one. I am going to go get it today because I have to pick up my daughter from school later. Can't wait to get it.

I'm starting to feel better so I should be able to put my box together next week. Sorry Deb, please bear with me...

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Annie, email was sent. Let me know if you didn't get it.

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Klick,

I just got home,and I did get your address. I have to transfer everyone's address from yahoo to a file, and then print out so I have a copy.

I will wash, press it, and send it on its way Thursday or Friday. You should get it maybe Monday. I will give you the delivery confirmation number on it when I send it out.

All I can say is Thank God for Nurses!
    When son was going through chemo the nurses that took care of Shelby were the best of the best. They went out and above the call of duty, and I must admit, spoiled him rotten. After three months in the hospital you are not a patient, you are family.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies :))
    Just a quick note to all who have been under the weather PLEASE Get well soon .

All is well here I'm just being attacked by " BIRDS " I
    feel as if I'h in an old alfred Hitchcock MOVIE :))
    way to many babies right now never had this many at one time :)) .
    3 of them are going to good homes in 2 weeks the one couple are moving out of state & the other couple are moving into their new home soon . :)) & my niece is taken one . :))

Jules so glad the box arrived safly :))
    remy also glad your box arrived a-ok just sorry I couldn't get a stake put on the sign but as you can see it wouldn't fit the box :)) .

well I suppose its getting harder to type with these critter on me so I better sign off till I get them caged for the night :))) .
    sweet dreams my friends .
    susie
    p.s I do not care for many fruit cakes but the ones I sent
    to you are very very good . very moist & nutty .

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

What an absolutely WONDERFUL box I received from Laura today. Laura, it is really too generous but I'll accept, hee hee. Imagine my surprise when I found an electric foot massager with pulsing action and heat! I'm typing extra fast so I can go try it out. The bracelet is gorgeous. I put it on right away. The beads have an opalescent look to them and since opal is my birthstone it will look great with that ring I've been wanting, lol.

There was also a bath and body works aromatherapy set with a Cd with spa music and epsom salts and essential oils for soaking your feet. A make-up brush set - so excited that it comes with an eyebrow brush since I always seem to wear mine out. Also a scapbook-style hanging frame kit to put 3 photos in (I really have no excuse, I have to get scrappin' now!) Honeybee white agastache seeds and a gift certificate for penstemon husker red and garden scarlet view clumps in the spring - so thoughtful.
    And, as if that wasn't enough, the girls are busy now going through their huge bag of goodies that was overflowing with stickers and other treats. I just love that because it gives me a chance to check out my stuff. How did you know we were all out of construction paper??

Thank you soooo much Laura, I hope I didn't forget anything.

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Ooops! I forgot about the 2 year pocketbook planner that I've been needing and the nice new body puff for the shower.

Thanks again.

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

"Sandlapper~ You are home now, so I will ship your winning prize to you. Is it ok to send now?"

Oh, yes, Laura, send any time. I was glad to read you had not mailed it yet, because I did look to see if there was a package when I got home and not seeing one, I hoped it hadn't gotten lost.
    That is so nice of you to do this.

Jeanne

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just noticed that I don't have a copy of micke's info sheet. If anybody has it, could you email it to me? Thanks!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

First of all, get well Lushie and just let me at anyone after you I will let my doggie get them, no one attacks my lil lushie and gets away with it I have Tt as a pal and didn't post a list of what she likes so here it is it will help me shop Tina T toads, tadpoles, testicles and turtles. how did I miss the beautiful crosstitch ? darn I'm just off a day or so Tina T please post any more of your likes if I missed any, Jeanette come work in seattle, lots of arpt buildings here. hugs carol

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi everyone. so much for catch up on, so much to say.

first, round remy, put down that crack pipe! thank you ever so much for such a great package of seeds. i so appreciate each one and hope i get great results. you are truly the best.

jeanne, what wonderful pictures - what a trip. welcome home.

julie, laura's generosity is amazing isn't it?

carol, how is it going with the doggie sale?

jeanette, i have room for you, come here! there's plenty of work too. i see your field all the time. i'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

shirley, your nephew is in my thoughts and prayers and he's on the prayer list.

annie, what talent. i just love that CS. i suck when it comes to doing anything that involves a needle/sewing. you are so very talented.

tina, you are better off if you just stick within this and your group and don't bother going outside of it. at least we are used to you (lol). just ignore the negative.

well, do any of you remember me ever telling a few stories about my whack-job neighbors, the one who beats his wife and she has him arrested then bails him out and takes him back? calls the police because my dogs barked one day; because the leaves from my tree blew on his property, etc., etc., etc. this so sickens me to say, but i just found out he is an offender and is registered on the megan's law website. so not only is he a creep, he is a (big)C R E E P pig pervert disgusting jerk sickening dirtball louse. and to think he has a young daughter. the last couple of days with this news hasn't sat well with me.size>

julie, hope that pink eye clears up. do you have cats or dogs? did your kids get it? it's very contagious. if you use eye make up, you need to toss it all and get new stuff.

i agree thank God for nurses. i remember when i had my (false) heart attack. they were the best. sometimes i think you can just keep the doctors, i'll take the nurse anyday.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!size>

tina, get your eyes checked as well. that could be cause for your vapors.

FYI, so those of you that missed it can understand:

~~if you were a porn star, one way to come up with your stage name would be:
    ***your first pet would be your first name
    ***your last name would be the name of the first street on which you lived.
    i'd be: tangerine yocum

so, if you haven't responded, let me know. i'm having a little unofficial/unannounced contest.

well, that's about all for me. hope everyone who is a little under the weather starts feeling better and that everyone that's feeling fine, continues to do so.

maryanne

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, I've been resisting because my porn name is lame... Nellie Fairfax. Not exactly a male-inticing title, is it? :)

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Maryanne- Thank you for the make up advice! I only wear mascara but I never would have thought of that.

Ready for my porn name:
    Poo-poo Gaslight HAHAHAHAHA

I hated the name poo-poo but when I was 10 years old my mother would only let me get this cat if we named him poo-poo. I had that kind of childhood.

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That name sounds awfully dangerous, Julie. Poo and gaslight could be a lethal combination. Boom!

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Poo and gaslight...You girls crack me up. True though.

Maryanne- you be careful with that next door neighbor. People like that don't care what they do. I have a website you can look up that tells you how close those kind lives to you. I could not believe it when I put in my address and two lived within one mile of where I live. The sad part is a school is also in the vicinity.

Julie-You can forget that kind of childhood you have us now. LOL

Yes I agree about the nurses...

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Theresa, your fruitcake swap is on its way to you. Shipping Number: 03061070000528628677

(...and Ms. Hostess... something is on its way to you as well. I didn't get a tracking number but if for some reason it does not make it to you, I will send a replacement...I am new to all of this...)

{{gwi:1279501}}

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

I hope everyone is feeling better! Sending healing thoughts out to everyone!

It is finally starting to look like winter here. We have a whole inch of snow! LOL It actually hit 70 here on Saturday! The weather has been crazy so far this winter. My bulbs are trying to come up even.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Jenell

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Morning, ladies! Looks like I (or my husband) scared everyone away from the graphics thread. It's just a relief to finally get my picture posted. :)

So how is everyone doing on their packages? It looks like only 3 boxes have gone out and we're almost halfway through the month. I'm guilty of not having mailed mine out, but I'm waiting on something particular to arrive first.

If there is any specific reason why you aren't able to send your package out within the next week, please post here. That way, your partner knows there's a holdup. As the rules state, just get your package out by the end of the month. It would be nice to see them go out before then, but do your best.

Have a great day, all. I'm going to try and get some housework done without killing myself again. Being sick really puts a downer on any activity. Hope all you other sick ladies are feeling better soon.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Good Morning Everyone.Haven't been on in awhile and had some time so I thought I better caught up on the posts.Looks like you have been a busy bunch.

Oh I didn't realize your pic was posted Klick.I need to go check out the graphics thread.I just love looking at all the pics!

I am so forgetful lately.I think when it changed to the new year part of my brain stayed in 2006.Tinas package went out yesterday and I forgot to post the confirmation number.Here it is....
    USPS #9150 8052 1390 7514 2329 99 Hope you like what I sent Tina.
    Klick your hostess gift will go out the 1st part of next week.Did I tell you how behind I am this month?

My parents had new cupboards installed in their kitchen yesterday so the rest of today I will be helping mom put everything back in them.She is such a pack rat. I just hope I can talk her into pitching the gazillion margarine containers she constantly keeps for leftovers.Got her a set of rubbermaid storage containers for christmas and they are still in the box.What am I thinking?? She will never throw those containers away..After all I am talking about a woman who actually saves and reuses plastic silverware! LOL Shes just so danged cute I can never get too upset with her : )

Well I better hustle on over there before she calls again : )

Have a Great Day Ladies! Hope you all are beginning to feel better.Its a bummer being sick : (

Nancy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Sandlapper Rose, Thanks! I will keep my eye out for it. Can't wait :)

Giverny, I hope to get my shopping done tomorow so that I can send yours out Saturday or Monday. I know it's supposed to be a "fruitcake" exchange but there are some specifics that I want to go out and purchase. I will post when it's on the way.

Be well All.

Theresa

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Susie,
    Your package went out yesterday (Wed). USPS #0306 1070 0001 7512 1477.

I hope you enjoy it!

Jules,
    Your hostess gift went out also! #0306 1070 0001 7512 1453.

Deb

• llbean
    17 years ago

HI ladies..
    Down in the dumps today... Feeling kinda poopy.. Max was up all night last night and so I just wanted to say that I have been reading the posts but that I will post more later..
    I pray that you all are well.
    Maryanne I emailed you did you get it? I was alos wondering how old your grand-daughter was again as I bought her a cute red wings outfit.. (my favorite team) but I think I bought it too big... I didn't want to twll but.. I think I may need to exchange it..

Tina, is your last name Lee? YOu are my partner in both groups this exchange and I got this really strange email with some confirmation, is that you?

I hope you are all well,....

Miss you all
    Laura

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Just a quick hi!

Nancy, I will be on the lookout!Looking forward to your package. Boy I really need a "packmeup". Your package is just the thing to do that :-)
    Thank you

Laura - No, last name is Roll. When I send out this box, I will put the other exchange in it as well if that is ok with you.?.

Am on some meds right now that makes me do nothing but sleep. I NEED to get some cleaning done, but thats not happening any time soon. :-(
    I hate not being up to doing anything.

love and hugs to you all -
    Tina

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

So far we have the following from our group members:

veeja11 sends to mmqchdygg
    mmqchdygg sends to beth b kodiak
    beth b kodiak sends to lunamoon
    lunamoon sends to mellen
    mellen sends to klickitat
    klickitat sends to micke
    micke sends to cedarnest
    cedarnest sends to hummingbirdaisy >>> in transit
    hummingbirdaisy sends to llbean
    llbean sends to tastefullyjulie >>> sent
    tastefullyjulie sends to debbya
    debbya sends to skohler >>> in transit
    skohler sends to remy >>> sent
    remy sends to sandlapper rose
    sandlapper rose sends to theresa 24 >>> in transit
    theresa 24 sends to giverny4me
    giverny4me sends to veeja11

If you are experiencing any delays in mailing out your packages, please post here so that your partner is aware. Believe it or not, IÂm on another forum that does an annual Secret Santa on of the participants STILL hasnÂt mailed out his gifts despite agreeing to play back in October. Please donÂt take this personÂs example as a good one. *smile*

IÂm off to attempt to get some more sleep. Woke up at some unreasonable hour and could really use the rest.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Wanted to get on here last night and it was like I entered The Twilight Zone.Anybody else find the website was acting unusually odd? Only thing I saw were posts from July!Thought I was losing it for sure.Looks like its back in business today..... so far! LOL

Jules I was able to get your hostess gift sent yesterday afterall. USPS #0103 8555 7499 1472 2491

Feel Better Soon I hope,Laura,Tina and everyone else who is under the weather. No fun feeling bad : (

Have a Nice Day Ladies!
    Nancy

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

No 'delays' here...as a newbie, I was encouraged to make sure my box is out by ~20th of the month. My plan is to find some more nifty stuff to put in there (because the 'real' fruitcake was actually kinda icky, so that ain't happenin'...), and send it off before that date.
    Stay tuned, Beth!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Morning ladies -

I got my wonderful package from Nancy this morning.
    She sent me some really awesome grow kits!
    Strawberry
    jalapeno pepper
    and sweet pepper

Tulips:
    Pink Diamond (2 packages!)
    Bing Crosby!!!!!
    Mixed

The most awsome 5-in-1 slicer (very cool!)
    and some Russell Stovers Chocolate milk and 70% dark chocolate candies (yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!)
    And a very sweet note!

Thank you Nancy. I love it all
    ((((Nancy))))

Now that I see our time warp is over, HA!, it's good to be back into January 2007

OK, going back to bed.
    Hugs,
    Tina

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi ladies
    I know this has nothing to do with fruitcakes or this robin but I remember someone saying they had problems
    with "SLUGS" & Today I happen to find this & wanted to share the info with you all .

And then there are - slugs. To Make a Slug Bar You'll Need: Butter tubs. Beer. To Make: Cut six 1-inch square openings halfway up the butter tub sides. Fill tubs with beer to just below openings. Snap on lids. Place tubs in slug trouble spots throughout the garden. Check periodically and remove slugs. (the lids will also keep birds out of the beer!) Nice practical handmade gift for a new gardener or new garden!.

hope this info helps :))

susie

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Yes, falling-down-dead-drunk slugs are a good thing!
    We are talking about real slugs and not men, right? Cuz they fall for the beer-trick, too.

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

mmqchdygg... Sounds like you're right on the ball. I was only posting the request in case someone came across an unexpected delay. In fact, I was about to post that I was going to have a delay, but the thing I was waiting on to arrive in the mail suddenly arrived today!

Sooooo... micke... if I get through my weekly homework assignments in good time, your package will go out today. If not, then on Monday as I work weekends. I'll do my best. :)

Tina... you're a lucky gal getting all those goodies! And what are the chances you and I both got Bing Crosby bulbs? I can't wait to see them bloom one day!

A lovely package showed up today from Sandlapper_rose! Inside the package was a cute kitchen towel that has a place next to the sink where I dry my pots and pans, an adorable umbrella sticky note pad with matching pen, and a packet of Calabrese Broccoli seeds! Thank you! You did very nicely. :)

I hate to sound greedy, but I'm truly enjoying this hostess thing! Any openings for hostesses in the remainder of the year? LOL

• skohler
    17 years ago

well I received my box today from debbya :)) very nice
    tote bag that holds pictures of gardening friends :)))
    also a very nice soft knitted chenille throw for those cold nights a coming soon , & a package of kitty snacks
    that my mama kitty just love's :)) she likes her treats.
    & a calendar mouse pad I really like this . mine was getting wore out so this will last for 1 year anyway :)))

thank you debby very very nice box.
    susie

yes MM these are real slug's not human mug's many of us have them in our gardens & they can be a big problem &cause allot of damage to some plants , sprays are sometimes to toxic & costly so any home remedy's we can use for a very few pennies works for me :)
    love to hear about them .

the japanese bettles tear up on my roses. :( & hollyhocks .

• micke
    17 years ago

Well I was wanting to get my boxes out today, but that aint happening, Klick if you haven't sent mine out yet wait til the middle of next week if you can, we are having a horrendus ice storm and it is not suppose to let up til Thursday of next week, they are talking about power outages and everything. I am so glad mom has my Cockatiel, I don't know how I would of kept him warm. I am kind of scared this time, it is icing horribly out there, the kids are not home from school yet (lots of schools had early dismissals, but not Joplin) and Travis is scheduled to work today through til Thursday, he leaves before it is light and gets home after it is dark:(
    well if you don't hear from me for awhile, know I am holed up in my house with two children that will be bouncing off the walls, and two dogs that do not want to go outside in crappy weather, ohhh, this is so weird, it is thundering now, does that happen in a ice storm? I have no clue this rarely happens here, and this is the second time for us this winter!
    michelle

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

michelle, sorry to hear about your weather. i think carol is getting hit as well. the early news showed everywhere from washington to colorado and then some with some horrendous weather. i figure it's just a matter of time before it heads east. there's some whacko from colorado selling his snow on ebay...i heard that on the news too.

jules, it is really nice being the hostess. the kindness and generosity of everyone was really overwhelming and so appreciated by me last month, that's for sure. i think the months we might need new hostesses have to be filled with those who didn't host yet so everyone gets a chance. dizz and someone else (off the top of my head can't remember right now - sorry - but i wrote it down somewhere) already offered to take a month.

nancy, yes indeed. last night on garden web was quite strange. i came on to post/talk and all i could find was july. at first, i couldn't get on at all.

t2, male slugs....LMAO

sue, a "slug bar". i haven't been to one of them in a longtime! LOLOLOLOL

anyone hear from beth recently?

laura, how are you? is max feeling any better? i didn't get an email, verizon just stinks. i'm thinking of changing providers, i'm not real satisfied. the baby is going to be 6 months!

has anyone ever taken the jeopardy test to register to try to get on the show?

hope everyone else is doing well.
    maryanne

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Incoming for Carol!# 0305 1720 0000 8239 6004 there is a fruitcake in there, not the kind you eat. I receive this fruitcake every year.

Nancy, I am your mother (:O) Not only do I save plastic container I also save glass jars, I use them for vases to give away bouquets from my cutting garden. Drives the DH nuts when theres a bunch of jars soaking in the sink. I do take them out to my secret lair gardening/potting area so he doesnt have to look at them though...also I am darn cute.

Maryanne and Shirley re: next door wierdos, I always check the offender websites too, especially when we moved around, you never know! Speaking of which did you all see that the 13 y/o that went missing from his bus stop in MO was found alive in some guys house and another boy who had been missing since 2002 was there as well. Thank God.

Susie, I used the beer method for slugs in the past but your "beer condo" method sounds cool. I could never tell if the census of slugs was lowered or they were just coming by for a cold one. This was in WA state, maybe Carol can tell me if I should have put out a tiny shot next to the beer???
    Tina and Jules, I have tulip envy ...can't grow them here, least not as perennials.

Jules, nice job hostessing and I like the cartoon...

Micke stay warm and safe, and for goodness sake I hope the internet doesnt go out. I do have my priorities straight, lol.

• klickitat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Since I work long weekend hours, I've started a new thread to continue our discussions before this one filled up.

G'night all!

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I guess I missed all the July weirdness. I'm glad it didn't last too long.
    I'm for once getting behind on my box! I have stuff, but it is not yet enough, and I am so tired from work! And now the morons scheduled me to work 7 days in a row! I have next Wed. and Thurs. off, so I hope to have it out then.

Michelle,
    Thunder happens during cold storms. The freak snow thing in Oct. here was weird that night because the power went out and all you couls hear was sirens, tree limbs breaking, and thunder.
    I do hope the coming weather is not as bad as they are making out to be.

Maryanne,
    Lol! I have trouble putting away the crack pipe.
    I'm so sorry to hear that your neighbor is not just an idiot, but is a real creep!! I'm not sure how I would handle living next to someone like that.
    I'm glad you like the tomato seeds. I tried to make it as varied an assortment as I could.

If anyone else needs tomato seeds, I still have lots of many kinds just let me know what you want in a tomato! No trade neccessary.(Jeanne you can probably guess I'm sending you some: ) )

Julie,
    Poo Poo Gaslight, lol! In my head I hear that stripping "Boom chicka boom". Change to "Boom caca boom!" Lol, the weird places mind goes.
    Did you see the post where I wrote that I had received a letter from Jeanette? She did seem ok.

T2,
    "Cuz they fall for the beer-trick, too." Lol!

Susie,
    I got the Japanese Beetles pretty good for the first time last summer! I sure hope that doesn't happen again.

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022