Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: Our Bloomin Friends January Fruitcake Exchange

Posted by klickitat zone 7b GA (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 31, 06 at 12:13

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Its that time, girls! Our exchange moves forward and your partners are listed below.

Please remember that the only requirement of this months swap is to include some form of fruitcake edible or in the shape of a gift youve received and dont have any use for. Whatever your imagination can come up with will work in this months exchange. Be creative!

Since this month is much like last month, plants may be difficult to send, so if have something your partner may want and would like to mail it out, please include an I.O.U. with your package and ship it out when the time is right. Seeds would be a terrific idea as they are compact and fresh. If you are able, send your partner at least a small sample of seeds you may have or can find. Alternatively, wow them with something else they may want!

When shipping your package, please post the delivery confirmation number here. Upon receipt, it is only right to acknowledge your boxs arrival. I know we all enjoy finding items to send and appreciate it when our partners post the items here.

If there are any questions, concerns or problems, please email me and Ill do my best to straighten everything out.

Now on with the fun!

veeja11 sends to mmqchdygg
mmqchdygg sends to beth b kodiak
beth b kodiak sends to lunamoon
lunamoon sends to mellen
mellen sends to klickitat
klickitat sends to micke
micke sends to cedarnest
cedarnest sends to hummingbirdaisy
hummingbirdaisy sends to llbean
llbean sends to tastefullyjulie
tastefullyjulie sends to debbya
debbya sends to skohler
skohler sends to remy
remy sends to sandlapper rose
sandlapper rose sends to theresa 24
theresa 24 sends to giverny4me
giverny4me sends to veeja11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Our Bloomin Friends January Fruitcake Exchange

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

THANK YOU, EARTHLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Note to mellen: I'm still a newbie and really, really like fruitcake. *drool* Sorry, but this one had to be a fixed trade the moment you mentioned a tasty fruitcake. :-D

o

CEDARNEST, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Nancy, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!
as I cannot do graphics, this is what I came up with,
hope you have a wonderful relaxing day, and since it IS your birthday and New Years Eve, you can get sloshed and it be your right! whooeee!!!!!!!!!!
I however have taken the pledge to stay away from anything slightly intoxicating as I make a fool of myself. now what time is Travis coming home from work, he promised to bring me that case of champagne, lol!!!

o

Thank You Micke.We won't be doing too much partying tonight. Maybe I will send hubby to the store to get Bloody Mary Mixins.Now thats the one drink I LOVE!.The weather is bad so we will just probably just stay in and watch a few movies.Thats more my speed now a days anyhow.LOL

Happy New Year Everyone!
Nancy

o

Klick, you're too sweet! And Maryanne too, we can't hide a darn thing from her can we? lol I sent you an email, you really shouldn't have worried about it dear!

Maryanne thanks, I though dh did a wonderful job, he also got me a nice digital camera with the docking station for when the baby gets here, I'll have to say, I truely got a good one. (DH that is, lol!)

Nancy I made you a layer cake for your birthday, enjoy! Now I didn't say it was as pretty as Maryanne's! lol
Have a good one dear!

Well just got back from Lowes and the orange store, picked out everything from tile to light fixtures, goodness I didn't know how much I would hate making all these decisions..... you'd think it would be fun. But after today, seems to be coming together.

Well we need to meet back later and party with Nancy! Shes got plenty of cake, lol!

Sassy

o
Now Thats a Cake!!! LOL

Sassy LOL Now THATS a CAKE!! Oh Dear.I am afraid indulging in that one would find me 6 feet under in no time.I guess I would die happy tho : )
Nancy

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, cedarnest!!!

o

Jules,How Wonderful!! That is so cute!! Thank You : )
Nancy

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY

Annie

o

No fancy graphics here, sorry :-(

My family and I wish you the very best birthday ever!
My son James sends HUGE birthday wishes!

Too cool that you are sending to me, again! I love your boxes!
I also look forward to sending to Laura!

We have SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!

We are just staying home tonight and making food and watching all the celebrations across the world on TV.

Thank you klick, for hosting this month!

Be safe and enjoy,
Tina

o

happy birthday nancy, 29 never looked better.

i'm typing one handed, scootchy baby in the other. she has a little cold, she's teething, she cried for about an hour straight - oh what lungs. i put her down after giving her a bottle and not long after she fell out, the dogs started barking at something and she's up. she will not let me put her down! i wouldn't trade this though. i hardly ever get to see her and it was killing me not to spend any time with her, i feel/felt like a stranger to her, but it's getting better as the night goes on. she's so gorgeous.

klick i'm impressed with your cupcakes. (hmm, that sounds a little strange) did you make them? i love cupcakes

sassy, what's up with the canadian beer? is that beer cake your creation? that's pretty neat. are they empty's? that's sure a lot of drinking! i thought this was a group of gardeners not drinkers!!!!!!!! i could never, ever drink a bloody mary, i love tomato juice and could never sip it, i drink it right down. i couldn't imagine it having booze in it.

this is getting harder to type anymore and it's already been about half an hour, so...

wishing everyone safe celebrations and all the best in the new year.

maryanne

o

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

o

To My Bloomin FriendsHAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!

o

Ooooo Thanks everybody.You all make me feel so special!

29?? Oh to be 29 again : ) I'll take it.Oh bloody marys are very dangerous.I'm not a sipper either.When I drink them its in gulps.Thats why I hardly ever drink them.Sure are going down good tonight tho : )

We had our first real snow today too and it is beautiful : )

Thanks again my bloomin friends for the warm birthday wishes.You all just made my year! Just finished watching The Devil Wears Prada. Have any of you seen it?It has Meryl Streep my absolutely favorite actress. Well... it looks like my birthday is soon to be over so........

Nancy

o

I have not seen the Devil Wears Prada, but I want too, would of been a good one for me tonight, I am sitting here only the lonely. hubby had to work today and tomorrow, so he went to bed around nine, this will be the first New Year since we have been married that we haven't toasted the New Year in togather *sniff*
Well I think I am going to hit the hay as well, just not the same.
Happy New Years everyone!!!!!!!!!!

o

o

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL MY TRUELY DEAREST FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Much love and hugs to you all!

o

happy new year...a little late. at midnight, we made a cast of the baby's hands, then we (she) had a bottle and i had a chocolate chip cookie LOL - i'm so exciting i can't help myself.

micke, i feel your pain.

well, it's now 1:20 and this baby is wide awake wanting to play and she will NOT go to sleep! H E L P

maryanne

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 1, 07 at 12:24

Happy New Year Everyone!
My dog Sammie got loose last night, and she was gone for a few hours finally coming home at midnight! It was raining out and she was all dirty, looked like she was a different color!! So I spent the 1/2 hour after midnight washing my dog, lol!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!! I keep missing everyone's birthday!! Someone needs to keep forgetful me on top of this.

Maryanne,
I hope you and the baby finally got some sleep. I did not get your email about the tomatoes, but I will send you a nice colorful assortment.
Gary made a shrimp cocktail platter, and an antipasto platter. For the mail course, he made me an unusual but good concotion. He bought some Caponata(Marco Polo brand which he says tastes like mine) put in in a little baking dish, then he cut sausage from my sauce up and put that in there. Then he put manicotti on that and topped it with Basket cheese and Parmesan cheese. He baked that and it was very good! Oh and he bought the Dicamillo's bread(like we had at Fortuna's) and Canolli's from another place! He also bought a bottle of Yellow Tail cabernet merlot. Inever heard of that combo, but it was really good. So he really went all out.

Tina,
That's odd about the fever! Do you have anything else wrong? Lol, lots of jokes could be made of that question! Well, I hope it goes away soon.

Sprouts have started in the new Aerogarden already. Maybe this thing is going to work good.
Talk to you all later,
Remy

o

Hi Ladies Just came accross this & thought I would share to ease everyone's mind :))

Worried About Christmas Food
=============================

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and
the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they
eat between the New Year and Christmas. :))))

Have a great evening .
susie

o

Happy New Year Ladies!!
Nancy Happy B-day.
No Fancy graphics here, but I must say that I am impressed with all the fancy things that you all have done..

Julie~
I can't wait for you to get your fruitcake.. he he.. I figured your school and being a mom and a wife and all the good stuff that you do, you can use this fruitcake.
I will try to mail by the end of the week.
Hey Maryanne,
Benadryl works great.. just teasin.. How old is she? Is she too old for the old bouncy chair? That used to work with Max, he also liked the swing.. For him it was his teeth. Man they would wake him up and then he woudl think it was play time. Poor kid still doesn't sleep good. Because after all the teeth then he got rotovirus and that lasted about a month.. THAT IS THE WORST!!!!!! green poop and a huge weight loss.. Ahhh those days..
Poor kid just did not have a chance with both of his parents working in a sick environment. My husband thinks that I am a nut, but I get nearly buck naked in the garage before I walk in the house. My scrubs go in a plastic bag to the washer and I keep my spare clothes in the garage.. I hate those freekin germs..
Hey Remy... I would love some tomato seeds.. Whatever you think would be a nice round variety.. I don't need many I am just planting them up for Max as he loves fresh veges. My dad wants a couple of plants. Last year he grew what were supposed to be beef steak and they looked like I don't know warped weird things... Never got ripe.

Shirley and Sassy~
I was at my mothers over the weekend and she had some bathroom literature, that reminded me of you all based on pics you posted.. Well, not that I was thinking about you in the bathroom, but the mag. was called Southern Lady. It is a pretty cool mag. Pretty expensive though, I am not sure why she had it but for 6 issues it is like 21.something. but the decorations reminded me of pics you all posted. You may have to check it out.

Michele~
Whatever happened at Christmas? With all the gifts?
Hope you are well.

Tina~
I look forward to being our receiver. I loved the Choo choo train hosta, It is in my Max garden along with Sept Sun (his b-day), Rascal, choo choo, love pat and something else. can't remember off the top of my head.
Well me and my stuffy nose are going to bed.
Kisses and hugs (with anti-viral kleenex to you all)

Laura

o

Morning, ladies! Groggy morning today. Hard day at work yesterday and a rough night of sleep. My nose is so congested that I end up breathing through my mouth which dries out and I wake up because of it. Needless to say I got little rest.

Sassy - thanks for understanding my moment of forgetfullness. I got your email and appreciate your words. Thankfully earthly posted your graphic in good time. And, no, we can't hide anything from Maryanne!

hummingbirdaisy & cedarnest - lucky girls with the snow! I'm so envious. I adore snow and wish we'd get just a little here. 5 years ago when I was only visiting GA (and the man I eventually married!) it snowed like mad. While it only lasted a day, it was still fun to have. At least we are getting tons of rain... perfect for all the landscaping and transplanting I did a couple of weeks ago!

earthly - sorry to say I did not make those cupcakes. Heck, they'd have a very short life if I had. LOL Still, the pic gives me a good idea for birthday cakes in the future.

micke - if it makes you feel any better, I haven't seen The Devil Wears Prada either. Let me know know how you like it once you've seen it. I have a ton of movies to see before that one.

Remy - glad to hear your pup showed back up! I would be devastated if my furbaby ran off like that! Was he very scared by the fireworks?

Ok. I'm off to take a nap. Hopefully, my nose will decongest itself so I can get some sleep. Later, I have to take down all the Christmas decorations... gah!

o

Good Morning Ladies ~

It's cold, but bright here today. We still have a tad bit of snow on the ground. Didn't really get all that much, but it was nice to bring in the New Year with a fresh clean and crisp white layer on the ground.

Remy - I could name ALOT that is wrong with me, but then we'd all be here for weeks trying to get thru my post, LoL.
But seriously, I have had some tightness in the lungs, but no infection to be found. Lots of mucus, all clear, mostly in the back of my throat and makes me gaggy. I thought it was finally gone yesterday, but sure enough by night fall it was back :-((. I go in on the 4th to have lab work done and some kind of something or other where they have to check my kidneys, and then shoot this stuff thru my veins up thru my head and check my brain. Have had a headache for 6 weeks, and nothing will even tone it down. Sometimes it gets so bad that it almost puts me in tears. So, who knows whats going on. Hopefully I'll find out soon.
4 more weeks and I'll get to start the tomato seeds you sent me awhile back! Yeah!!!

Laura and klick - Well wishes for you both. Colds and infections are so miserable, especially when you can't breathe.

The kids start back to school tomorrow. I sure hate to see them go back. I love having them home.
Last night, James had a friend stay and they were still awake at 2 am playing games. I went up at 3 to check on them, and all three (Lain as well) were asleep on the same bed completely crashed out. I couldn't believe they all fit on the bed, LoL. They had been watching a movie, and fell asleep. This morning when I went to the bathroom, Lain and Austin (the friend) were still on one bed, and James was on his.
Caleb stayed up until 2:30 am watching movies. So, needless to say, I am the only one awake right now. It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo quiet!

My cats must have found some stashed kitty nip somewhere as they have been going since 6 am this morning. I woke up to one giving me eskimo kisses, LoL. They have been chasing each other all over this house. Sounds like a heard of elephants coming down the stairs!

DH built a run and house for the puppies and they went out this morning and have been playing every since he left. They LOVE this snow! I'll let Sissy out to go potty and she'll stay out there for an hour playing with them and their mommy.
Maryanne - Your babies are getting big! Theya re so adorable and sweet.

Oops, I here footsteps coming down the stairs.
You all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Tina

o

Quick drop in again. Has anyone ever ordered from Swallowtail Garden Seeds? I've ordered from Johnny's Seeds before, but would like to try another distributor for a different variety of seeds.

Thanks!

o

Hi Everyone!

We're back in town and I'm still trying to get caught up with everything (laundry, cold weather, gardenweb posts...) I don't even have my mail restarted yet because of the post office being closed 3 days in a row. Can't wait to sort all that out, not!

Laura - does it have alcohol in it? LOL Can you believe I've never even tried fruitcake in my whole life. I'd probably like it.

Well, gotta go get caught up with everything else. Hopefully I'll get to shop for my box this week, unfortunately I feel like I'm starting to come down with something already. Home, sweet home.

o

Woo Hoo, I have Mary Ellen! Just like old times :o)

I hope everyone is having a good New Year!

Jenell

o

Whups. I forgot to check this list against the last one. I hope I didn't match two people up in January who were matched up last month. Please email me if I did so to correct things.

o

llbean, we had the kids make Christmas cards for the nursing home residents, and then we made cookies for the nurses, the kids took them up there to give them away. let me tell you they were dying on the 32 (31) handmade cards:)
Kody told me he was never going to do that again, totally ruined the surprise for him and he did realize that.
I have never ever tasted fruitcake either, although I don't have much of a sweet tooth so that is probuably why, DH on the other hand, boy does he like his sweets.
My Daffodils are coming up! I couldn't believe it! I hope this is not going to hurt them for this spring:(
michelle

o

Maryanne, I must hear story of how grandaughter ended up with you. nosey friends want to know. meanwhile I am really happy for you. Tina I think you may have worms, I was just reading symptoms when I wormed my pups, you have human symptoms, have you coughed up any worms? that is a sure sign. eat lots of garlic it should cure you. I have the other Tina Yipee, what would you like tina?Tina with worms or lushi as we call you, alchol should also help get rid of the worms. hugs

o

Oh Lawdy Carol! WORMS!!!!!!!
Not coughed up any worms! LoL
I eat garlic like its going outta style! Daily, and LOTS!
Maybe I should have DH fix me up with a Dirty Martini, ha :-) I have to be in a certain mood, I suppose, to drinkk the ol' sauce. I'll just stick with my ice water and Pibb Extra tonight LoL.

Hugs, Lushie

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 2, 07 at 23:30

Tina, if you have worms, you might try going to the vet instead. He can "check you over" just like they do the other critters. Picture that, eh??? NO offense intended, of course. You know that. We were up in north Iowas where there was 6 inches of snow so I didn't miss out on it. It was beUUUtiful! Had a fantastic time with my sister and nephew. Was able to spend a lot of time with her boyfriend, too. He is a great guy and will hopefully be an addition to the family in the next couple of year. He treats her like a queen! And it is genuine. Plus, my nephew like him, too.

Carol, I will bite. Who is Bertha? I am prepared for paybacks. It will be a sad day when we no longer see pics of your two cute pups.

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Nancy! And many, many more!

Klick, I am so happy that you "fixed" me up with you. You made my day this afternoon when I got home and read that I was sending to you.

Jenell, What's it been now? 2 years since your were my year-long pal on another exchange? You were always AWESOME!

Maryanne, happy to hear you had some time with dear, sweet GD. That mother sounds like such a poop. What IS her PROBlem? How can a person use a child to hurt other people? That is just sick.

Am back to school along with Tina 1's kids.

Happy New Year to the very best group of on-line friends in the world. Sending love to each and every one of you. Mary Ellen/Mellen

o

He he Worms.. Maybe a tape worm...

Hi Ladies.. Still feelin crummy so this will be short and sweet..
Tina Mailed your brac. number 0413 8193 3050 1502 0577
Julie mailed your box out today. Nope no liquor... But I think you 'll like it, no fruitcake either, besides the only fruitcake that I got was sassy's and I wasn't sharin..
Julie number is 0413 8193 3050 1502 0607
Jules your hostess gift is on it's way too. number 0413 8193 3050 1502 0584.
I hope that you all enjoy the things I sent..
Smiles and hugs to all..
off to bed, need to get this fever down...
Beans

o

Morning girls! Woke up early and unexpectantly. Today we'll be putting away all the Christmas decorations. At least we aren't the last family in the subdivision doing so otherwise I'd feel ashamed for having waited so long.

micke... you don't have a sweet tooth?! Is that possible??? A woman with no sweet tooth. I'll have to think that one over. :) Sorry to hear your daffodils are already coming up. I found some of my bulbs sprouting a few weeks ago when the warm weather hit. Poor plants.

hummingbirdaisy... dirty martini, eh? So what makes it dirty? I'll have to try one sometime.

mellen... really? You're excited to be sending to me? I can't wait to see what you have in store for me! :)

llbeans... kudos to you for being on the ball this month! How did you manage to get your packages together so quickly?!? Hope you feel better. Get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids.

I'm off to run a few errands here at 6:30 a.m. Get them out of the way before the husband wakes up.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

o

Argh, I have a high fever too and I felt like I was on my deathbed last night. How did you ever get all those packages together? You really are sumthin'

o

Wed, Jan 3, 07 at 9:43

Hi All,
Yesterday was my first day back at work after a month and a half. I'm still tired. Thank goodness I got today off!
The Graphic thread is taking awhile to load. Maybe it's time to start a new one. I would start one but I still can't post pics: ( When I got home from work yesterday, Gary was trying to fix the computer so the new camera would work, no luck yet. I'm worried he will say we have to buy a new computer.

I hope everyone who is sick is starting to feel better. All the sudden everyone around here is sick too!

Did anyone make a new year's resolution?

Doggies need to be fed again. I'm typing slow, still tired. Sorry I didn't get to anyone's posts.
Talk to you all later,
Remy

o

Worms, yuck!
My son had pneumonitis and was in the hospital (several years ago) and there was a little boy in his room that was passing a worm! They gave the little boy a barium drink and xrays and the worm glowed! His Mom explained everything too clearly, I then asked the Dr. if my Son could have a private room. We were willing to add any amount of money to the hospital bill just so we could get out of that room! He was going to pass the worm in the same toliet my Son was using (and I was using it too)! When you have a tape worm your super skinny, the worm eats everything! Plus, your in horrid pain (lower abdominal). The entire family has to be tested for the worm. The Dr. guessed that it was picked up from a sandbox/back yard, the child injested the worm most likely by dirty hands (with worm eggs under his nail).
Yuck! Eggs can live 7 years in soil even with harsh winters! Infected dog poop disinegrates and the eggs remain in the soil.

Anyways, we did get a private room with in an hour after I asked. But, the Mom constantly visited my Son's new room to talk with me and keep me informed. Not that I really wanted to know! I felt so itchy each night (and took long hot showers when I came home). LOL!

Deb

o

klick : Now it is your turn to maybe let a few of the gals Know what you might enjoy recieving as a hostess gift .
favoret scents ??
maybe stationary ??
shower or bath gel's ??
coffee';s or teas ???
gift cards from a favoret store ?? for spring plants ??
or from a seed company ???

I know just tell me all the above is helpful :)))

Don't forget to keep track as for the hostess gift you
receive .
Them that do not play this Month do not have to send a hostess GIFT "UNLESS" you was a Hostess & you received a GIFT From klickitat :)

I should be getting my boxes out by Friday .
long day with apt's for dad & I today & time to go get supper for all so have a great evening .
susie

o

I don't have worms, LMBO!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Thanks Carol! :-)

o

I treated my pups for roundworms and read up on them, all dogs have them and they can be passed to humans, symptoms are mucous, cough, head or backache and others. Tinas symptoms a vet might be good or have you seen the dead worm in the bottle of tequila, go Tina
Mellen Bertha is the big roomate you had in prison. Just trying the color text thing to see if this is the way to do it. hugs to all whoops didn't work, I need instructions

o

All animals are ALWAYS kept current here. We have too many NOT to.
The pups were wormed at 7 weeks w/ their first shots, and had 2nd set at 9 weeks.

Apparently I have something going on around my kidneys, and brain, if you can believe that one, ha!

Who knows.......

Hugs,
Tina

o

Susie, thanks for mentioning suggestions for hostess gifts. I like lots of things...

- feeding and attracting birds
- starting to plant shade plants in my woodlands and could use some start-ups
- gift cards to Home Depot and Lowes are good
- I adore hot tea in the winter, cold in the summer
- Johnny's Seeds and Swallowtail Garden gift cards are great
- Barnes & Noble gift cards are terrific
- naturally, anything garden-related that you think is useful!
- plant markers as I still haven't got any
- kitschy gifts are always fun, too

The only thing I have to say no to (unless you have your gift already chosen) are houseplants. I'm struggling to keep my current ones alive and would hate to kill anything sent to me. :(

I will enjoy everything that arrives and will gladly post the goodies as they are opened.

Thanks for participating this month, girls!

o

Klick : there are to many here in the North who cannot send plants this time of year .
so more then likely you may get a gift card for your local store plants ect .

Your box might go out tomorrow But Remy I have to wait
for the paint to dry on yours :))

well good night all . & I will do my best to
go through the other & respond tomorrow.

o

hi everyone, happy new year! hope you all had a wonderful holiday and celebrated responsibly!

worms - i'm going to bypass that conversation.

why is everyone worried about their decorations still up? i'll stick with the traditions i grew up with. we never take decorations down until after january 6th, the feast of the epiphany/little christmas, which is (supposedly) the day the wise men made their visit, or the 12th day of the 12 days of christmas. maybe it's just what was instilled in me growing up. we also have a birthday cake for Jesus on christmas and everyone sings. maybe it's just my family???

tina, i speak from experience...don't let it go too long if it is your kidneys, worse pain than childbirth.

remy, glad to hear you are back at work. looking forward to your picture posting once you get the camera situation worked out. you must have been crazy when the dog got loose, i know how scarey that can be. and i never make resolutions, instead i try and make changes. hopefully, i can stick to my goals.

carol, i guess i got lucky with the g-babe. doesn't last long, but i was more than happy to spend time with her.

mellen, "poop" that's one way of describing her. my son is just as rotten.

deb, once my son was roomed with a kid that there were suspicions that he had TB. while they were testing and whatnot, they were still roommates. my son refused to go back to his room after he called and asked me what it was. to think they weren't going to isolate the kid. talk about liability.

i don't seem to have jeanne's questionnaire. carol or sue, can you send this to me please. thanks

our weather is still nice enough to spend some time outside. i love winter and snow, but i'm going to enjoy this for as long as it lasts.

boy, i give that mrs. ford kudos. what strength to endure the last week constantly in the public at such a sad and private time. RIP gerry ford.

dogs are barking, probably need to get out one last time. be well everyone.

i'll be excited to watch everyone's posts on this month's swap. can't wait to hear about the fruity things that are sent.

maryanne

o

HI Ladies..
Still feelin puney.. Won't be on for long..
Just hello, and about being so quick. It was a fruitcake swap. I got two of something so I did not need two and instead of waiting in line at Brookstone I sent it to Julie. Besides I think she might like it.. Like I said before, it's not about rec. it's about the giving.. I looked over everyones list and tried to make a "stash" of things. Then because I am in the North, I see what might be on the person list I am exchanging with and try to put in a certificate for plants on their list..
and of course some Jewels... that is always nice.
But for me it is the giving.. I love to give,,, I'm a giver, but don't ask me to keep the secret of what something is becuase I am poor at that. :)
Well, I need some rest I have to give a lecture in the morning to a bunch of Nursing Students.. Wish me luck I hate public speaking..
Night. hope you are all well... Sniffle
Laura

o

Yes on the Swallowtail question. Good selection, good prices, timely ship. Go for it.

o
Store Info Bulk Mailer

IrishRoseGrower- Maureen: Your email is bouncing- is there a more current email addy?

o

OMG Deb! I've been feeling so lousy that I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts but I just caught your hosptial story and I cracked up. I hate worms. When I got my dog they gave me the de-worming medication but they never warned me about what to expect. And, of course, as a puppy she wasn't quite housebroken yet. I still wake up in a cold sweat sometimes thinking about it!

Speaking of cold sweats, I'm in one now so gotta go lay down again. I have been either laying on the couch or in bed for 3 days now. I like a day of rest now and then but this is the pits. I was hoping to get my packages out early this month but I doubt I'll be getting out until next week. Besides, I don't want to send out any of my germs! Hope everyone else is feeling better...

o

remy your box is on the way 0306 0320 0003 8797 3784
Hope you enjoy

Jules your's is also in the mail :)) 0306 0320 0003 8797 3777.

carol I forgot to tell you that the recipe for that friendship cake was under the address lable on the box
it was sent in :))) forgive me for forgetting :(

maryann do you mean jeanett's info ???
i sent a email to you today it bounced back same with cedarnest .

I ask for everyone to send me a list of the stores you all like to shop in so I can add it to your info sheets.
sometimes I would like to send gift certifacate for plants . so if you will take a few to get me that info
sure would appreciate it .

took my niece to olive Garden for her 35th Birthday today & had a great visit & I'm ready to lay back tonight . so have a great evening .
susie

o

Thu, Jan 4, 07 at 19:32

Hi All,
Another long day at work! I don't like it anymore, lol.
Sandlapper is still in Italy, right? I'm not done putting her box together anyway, but I will wait to mail until after we hear from her.

Susie,
I've very excited! I can't wait to see what you painted!

Klickitat,
I'm confused by Micke saying she has no sweet tooth also!

Deb,
What a yucky story! I'm surprised I haven't had a nightmare about worms yet, lol.

Tina,
How did you end up with worms? lol!! And Mellen is bad, lol! Go the vet to "check you over"!
I do hope they figure out what is wrong soon. The longer it happens the more I'm sure you worry.

Laura,
A little pkg. is on its way to you: )
Good Luck with your class! I'm sure it will be fine.

Maryanne,
A little pkg. is on its way to you too: )
Most people leave their decorations up through the first week of Jan. here too. Mine will be coming down on Sunday. But I've never heard of singing Happy Birthday to Jesus.
I'm hoping that I can lose the 20 lbs. that I gained last year. I'm not going to go on a diet diet. I'm just going to try and not eat too much desert and keep active now that I'm pretty much all better.

Julie,
I hope you feel better soon!

Talk to you all later,
Remy

o

Okay, this is what I think happened to my sweet tooth:)
When I was a kid we never had any, and I mean never, not even cake for birthdays, the only thing we got was one glass of soda after we ate everything on our plates at dinner (and I am a MAJOR popaholic)
I do however love that heavy comfort food, mashed taters and gravy, any and all casseroles, hearty soups, roasts, turkey (really love the skin, mom tries to ditch it before she carves the turkey) think I got the raw end of the deal, I really think sweets would be better on the hips then all that fat laden stuff, ohh! and Cheeseburgers, they are my absolute favorite, especially with the bun toasted.
so sorry everybody is feeling crappy, my littlest munchkin has had a congested cough for about a week now, really don't want to have to resort to antibiotics. he had to be picked up from school today because he was out on the playground (it was a crappy drizzly day and cold, why were the kids outside in the first place?) he got to running around and started to cough and well you know, he lost some of that congestion (ahhemm) so even though he isn't really ill I had to go pick him up.
hope everyone gets to feeling better!
michelle

o

Micke,Don't feel bad.I have never had much of a sweet tooth either.In my case I can't think of a reason why? You would never know it by the numbers on my scale though.I must just be weird. Either that or maybe because every time I eat chocolate or any sweets I pay for it Big Time with Major Hot Flashes!! LOL Oh but I do Love meat and potatoes.Big meals are my downfall but dessert I can take it or leave it.

Susie,Did I understand by your earlier post that an email you sent me got bounced back to you? Maybe I misunderstood your post.I received the one you sent thismorning about gift cards or did you send me two? I am stumped as to why one would have bounced back.Let me know ok?

Poor Deb and the worm ordeal.Oh it makes me squirm just thinking about it.

Hope all of you feeling under the weather are feeling better soon : )

Nancy

o

We're at the bottom of the page! Giving us a boost until the next poster. :)

o

Hi Kids! Just back from post Christmas trip to Chicago area, luckily not too cold, my sister told me I brought some warm FL temps with me ...however, did get a killing frost here while I was gone, bunch of new starts I put in right before I left are just non existent, had them mulched in too. Well poop. Of course now today, it is 65 degrees.... Anyways, had awesome visit with 8 bros and sisters and cousins and all assorted kids of same, inlaws and outlaws. Ate way too much good Chi food, and husband got to load up his trunk with stuff from his favorite Italian grocery store, Caputos.

Havent been online in a week or so, boy y'all have been busy!

Carol, glad I am your partner, have some fascinating items for you.....heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Maryanne, I was laughing reading your New Year's post re: the baby, my daughter was (is) a night owl too.
We have a relative with a similar situation to yours re: visitation with a grandchild, she calls herself "Switzerland" as in, she remains neutral to both parents, (doesnt take sides) so she gets more visitation with granddaughter, which is more important thing anyway, your situation just made me think of her...

Remy, yeah I would like to lose at least 20 too. Got weighed at my Rheumatologist appt. 2 weeks ago. And THEN the holidays. yuk. Never owned a scale but going to get one, maybe guilt will be incentive? Isnt it hard when you have the spouse cooking?

re: Christmas decorations, didnt get much up this year, but we don't take the inside ones down till after epiphany also...thinking about leaving tree up, just taking Christmas ornaments off it then decorating it for Mardi Gras, Valentines, St. Pats..,,,then could do birthdays....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

RE: worms. Giardia. had it. 3 mos to get rid of it. Got it from bad water. Thats all I have to say.

o

Happy New Year!
I got home late last evening - after 11 p.m. so I didn't do much after I got home - other than to shower and clean up - those flights are so long and crowded that you feel horrid by the time you cross the ocean and I had to go from Rome to New York to Atlanta and then to the local airport and home so I think it was about 23 or 24 hours from when I put my suitcase in the hallway in Rome until I arrived home. Still very tired today, but I had a wonderful time and really saw and did a lot.
I will start thinking about what to send in my Janaury package to Theresa and about something for Klick as well and will post when they are mailed. (I'm glad there was no deadline set for early in the month.)
Happy Birthdays to those who had birthdays and get well wishes to those who need them. I hope everyone has had a good start to the new year.

o

welcome back jeanne, looking forward to hearing about your trip and hope you will share some stories as well as pictures.

welcome back susan, sounds like you had really nice holiday time with family. i was concerned not hearing from you and theresa down there in florida over the holidays, since there were some bad weather reports that came out of florida, i want to say in the south, but now my brain isn't processing what i hear then.

remy, i think the happy birthday thing is my mother's thing. i guess throughout our lives, she never wanted us to lose focus on what christmas was really about. so many traditions changed over the years, but that is always a constant.

sue, i too am not sure why mail would bounce back. and no, i didn't not mean jeanette. i meant jeanne. can i please get her completed questionnaire? in the alternative, jeanne, can you send me yours please?

t2, i haven't seen maureen on the boards for a few months now.

all this diet talk, reminds me once when i lost a heck of a lot of weight. almost 300+ pounds or so. he was such a pain in the azz, i was glad to get rid of him! he served a worthwhile purpose for a little while, but then totally lost all appeal !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

did ya all see that they are going to do an "idol-like" show to find the next broadway performers for grease? i think eventually, regular television will be nothing but reality shows.

i'm wondering if everyone who was willing is done telling me their 'adult/porn' name. i was hoping to hear from the rest of you -- i just might have something up my sleeve so if you haven't yet divulged, please do :) i have everyone that already responded, it's the rest of you... if you forgot the rules, first name is the first pet you had, last name being the first street you ever lived on.

sorry to hear some of you are not feeling well and i'm sending get-well wishes your way.

remy, thanks. whatever it is, i appreciate it :)

beth, come out, come out where ever you are. did you get the electric situation straightened out yet?

laura, the baby is almost 6 months old. i have a bouncy chair, but that only worked for a while, as did the other things i have - including the love machine and bubba (he talks, ya know). since she wasn't feeling all that good, things didn't keep her occupied for too long a time. she just wanted to be held and even then, she was out of her element. it's too funny, she was loving the dogs but they are scared of her.

oh well, it's late, i should get ot bed. i'm having a houseful throughout the weekend and they'll start showing up before i'm ready.

be well, have a great weekend.
maryanne

o

klick you might get your box today

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 0320 0003 8797 3777

Your item arrived at 5:50 AM on January 6, 2007 in ACWORTH, GA 30101. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

sorry remy yours may not get there till monday it was a little heavy so mail carrier where slower in handling it :( I hope its worth the wait :)

maybe you might receive yet today :)))
will keep my fingers crossed.

susie

o

EARTHLY Did you get my email today ??? with the info you wanted ?

please let me know .
susie

o

Earthly, I just sent you an email re: my adul/porn name. What is this for? Did I miss a post somewhere?
Theresa

o

Shirley,
You wouldn't believe what I found for you after Christmas!
The "Florida Boys" "JOY TO THE WORLD" Christmas CD that you wanted! I searched everywhere for this CD, even at the mall. No one had it!
I went to Big Lots the other day, and there it was on a discount table! The CD will be mailed out to you on Monday morning. I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know when it arrives!

Shirley wanted this CD (I was her Christmas/Dec. exchange Pal) and I tried soooo hard to find it with no luck!
But, found it now..so it's on the way!

Deb

o

o.k. my adult porn star name would be "Bill the Cat Scoville". ???

Jeanne are you rested yet? What did you do/see on the trip?

Maryanne re: 'losing 300#'...thats pretty good! lmao here...re: the reality shows, Apprentice starts up again tomorrow night, they might have to sleep out in tents! Oh no, not in Southern California!

Deb, your score at Big Lots supports my theory of cruising Big Lots now and then, never know what you will find there...congrats to you, extra points for finding specific item!
Hope everyone has nice weekend./giverny

o

Evening! Just got home from a long 16 hour shift. I have to be back at work at 6:30 a.m. so I'll post more tomorrow.

Two packages arrived for me today from Susie and llbean, but I'll open them tomorrow night. Very tired right now and I'll need all the rest I can get considering how busy today was. Why do people get sick and come to the hospital?

G'night all! See you all in about 24 hours!

o

Hello to all - I have come down with a bad cold and have a really sore back, too, so not recovered from the trip - LOL - actually I was doing fine while I traveled so maybe coming home was the bad thing! Our Christmas things are still up and I had hoped to get all of that down today, but just don't feel up to it. Trying to rest up.
Here's a list of most of what I saw and did: visited St. Peter's Square and received the noon time Papal Blessing, two Masses at St. Peter's (the one on Jan. 1 was celebrated by the Pope), from-the-bus views of many sites in Rome including the Appian Way, Circus Maximus, the Baths of Caracalla, the Pyramid of Caius Cestius, and the ancient walls to the city. I visited the Vatican Museum, Pantheon, Galleria Borghese, Roman Forum, the Colosseum, Castel Sant'Angelo, Trevi Fountain, the Catacombs, and Assisi (a little shopping there and visited three churches relating to St. Francis and St. Clare.) Also attended an evening concert in St. Ignatius Chruch (was traveling with a church choir - and no, I am not in the choir, in fact I can't sing at all!) We also saw the outside of the Monument to Victor Emmanuel II many, many times. It seems like everywhere you go in Rome, you drive past it. I thought it was beautiful but apprently many in Rome do not like it and refer to it as the Wedding Cake or Typewriter Building. We also had tours/visits to: the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Wall and the Basicilica of Saint Peter in Chains. Everything was very, very beautiful and we had really nice weather as well. I will try to post some pictures in the graphics section. I tried one the other day, but it looked like it would be too large, so I didn't complete sending it. I will try to scale a few down and post them.
Thanks for asking about the trip. It was very special to me.

Jeanne

o

Laura,

Just wanted to let you know that the tracking says your box was delivered to me but it wasn't yet. DH took the kids to the movies yesterday and I was sick in bed when I heard the doorbell ring. I knew it was the mailman but the weekday mailman always leaves my packages for me on the front porch. I guess the Saturday mailman didn't leave it since I didn't answer the door. Hopefully it will come back tomorrow. If I have to go get it I'm not sure when that will be because now I have pink eye in BOTH eyes! How does a grown woman just wake up in the morning and suddenly have pink eye??? It's beyond me, but I look ridiculous so won't be heading out soon :(

o

Sun, Jan 7, 07 at 20:53

Hi all,
I spent most of today putting the decorations away. I hate to admit it but Sammie got loose again! When Gary took the tree out of the house, she went out too. I went after her, but lost her.She just loves to chase small animals! She was gone for a few hours and a nice couple had found her and called and brought her home. I'm going to have to watch her good when a door opens!

Welcome home Susan!
Glad your trip to Chicago was a good one. I know about loading up on food in the trunk. We always do that when we go to Key Largo. We buy the Cuban food, etc. and then stop for citrus and pecans on the way home.
A year round tree isn't sounding like that bad of an idea to me,lol.

Welcome home Jeanne!
Sorry your sick too: ( But it sounds like you had a fantastic trip!

Micke and Nancy,
Oh, I love all the other food too not just sweets. I'm very well rounded when it comes to anything edible, lol.

T2 and Maryanne,
Maureen posts over on the Antique Rose Forum.

Maryanne,
You had me going for a sec with the 300lbs! LOL!
I do think that new Grease "idol" type show is silly, and I'm not going to watch. I swear, lol.
That's so cute that the baby was scaring the dogs!

Susie,
I have to work late tomorrow! It will give me something to look forward to getting home to though.

Deb,
Cool that you found it! Better late than never, and discounted too : )

Julie,
I'm so sorry that you are still sick!!

Take care all,
Remy

o

Hey Everyone,
Just checking in and trying to catch up! Wow! Hard to keep up with you gals!
Yeah Remy, I'm a little "well rounded" myself when it comes to food too, but I do have a terrible sweet tooth. LOL!
MaryAnne, glad you got to have the GD for a bit. Even if she was teething & crying at least you got to hold her & play with her some.
Tina, you have worms??? I must have missed something vital! Actually, I was wondering if you have been checked for menengitis? Hope you feel better soon, I know headaches can make you want to snap on the entire world. I used to carry a low grade fever, sinusitus & get the most dreadful migraines (on & off for about 5 years), then got my upper teeth "done" and *poof* no more headaches. Best thing I ever did healthwise.

Deb, kudos on the Big Lots find! Sure wish we had one here. I miss that and a few other (okay a LOT of other) stores. And restaurants!!! Whenever we go to a decent sized city, we always have to hit Outback, Red Lobster or something like that - heck, even Long John Silver or Capt'n D's.

All y'all snifflers & cough-ers, feel better soon I hope.

Susann

o

Hi ladies. I'm finally home from work and sick with laryngitis. I feel awful. Time for bed and opening of hostess gifts tomorrow. Not trying to make people wait... just can't turn all the lights on while the hubby sleeps and I'm about to crash in a bad way. And to think I just got over laryngitis after my surgery several weeks ago. Darn it!

No personals tonight. Just hi and goodbye. See you all in the morning. :)

o

o.k finally made the visor pic on the graphic lights thread. Sorry its so big but its my first time ever...got to work on that for next time...
Klick, sorry you are not feeling good you are probably so run down with school and work! Hope you feel better. My DH cannot tolerate any light @ bedtime either.

Susann I am with you on the teeth/gum thing when I have a flare of my scleroderma the first area to flare is that my gums ache and I have a low grade fever (I see the dentist every 3 mos. teeth look like crap but they are healthy!)that is a new theory that the gums are the window to the autoimmune system, and a continuous fever too. Tina did they draw a ANA titer on you? Not trying to scare you just nosy.

Remy, did you micro chip that Sammie yet? Thats awesome people actually return dogs there. Here, it seems if people see a stray they just keep it! When I take Otis to the dog park we often meet people who say oh I found this dog. Like what, you don't think someone is looking for it???!!!(the last sentence I am muttering under my breath)
We have not gotten any further than Tampa in FL but we do want to go to Key Largo...and load up on Cuban food, etc! You are a girl after my own heart....

o

Good morning! I'm finally awake and now my ears are hurting. Looks like a bit of a viral infection. The only consolation is this first week of school doesn't require clinicals and I don't have to go to work until Saturday. But enough of me. :)

giverny... did you enjoy your trip to Chicago? Of all the major cities in America, I've never been there and have always wanted to. Any recommendations on places to visit (aside from your sister)? I can't wait to see your pic in the other thread! My husband WILL take my picture tonight!

sandlapper... what a long day of flying for you! Why the heck did the airline have to transfer around so much? P.S. next time you come through Atlanta, let me know and we can get together! Are you feeling better?

tastefullyjulie... gosh, pink eye and in both eyes!?!?!? How awful. How are you doing today? I don't know how to handle pink eye... my eyes are so sensitive to begin with that pink eye would really freak me out.

remy... your Sammie needs some help with training! Running away may seem ok, but one day she could get seriously hurt. :( I like the idea of chipping her, but she also needs to control the urge to simply run off. I hope you find a good solution to this. Glad she's well and you have her home with you now. :)

dizzydaffodil... do you live out in the country? It must be a mixed blessing being outside the craziness of a big city, but not being close to your favorite stores and restaurants must be rough.

llbean and susie must be jumping up and down waiting for me to open my hostess packages. No more delay. Drumroll please...

From llbean came a stuffed bag of goodies! An adorable figurine of a nurse kissing santa after receiving a gift. How did you know I was a nurse?! You're psychic! There is a lovely silver photo frame, and a weekly planner. Next, a ton of seeds: Atlantic dill giant pumpkin, Lupin - bicolor pink, Penstemom strictus, purple fountain grass, pink hollyhocks, weeping sedge, single purple rose of sharon, Amaranth love lies bleeding, and a cutting of honeysuckle! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

And from susie is a HEAVY flat rate box! OMG! A large vase that has printed on it, "Flowers are Nature's Jewels". How appropriate! :) Next, a paint marker, pair of super soft fuzzy socks, plant markers, a tennis ball for my furbaby, over a pound of Hershey's Kissables, a bag of Bing Crosby tulips (I'm such a huge Bing Crosby fan... how did you know?), and a bag of Golden Melody tulips. Last but not least... a pound of Claxton Fruit Cake! Best fruitcake ever!

You ladies are something else. I've enjoyed opening my first hostess gifts and am amazed at all that has come so far. I hope you first two gals are not too upset with me for waiting to open the packages until I was awake enough to enjoy them. :)

Ok, I just realized that I have to run to the store for something.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!

o

Hi everyone ~

Get well wishes to all you sickies out there. Being sick is just aawful! Gentle hugs to each of you.

Jeanne - Your trip to Italy sounds so wonderful. I love the pics you posted.

giverny - We went to Chicago right before Christmas. My favoritest (is that even a word?) place in the world! (So far)

Susie - How are you feeling? Hope you aren't out running like a wild woman! It's cold!

Laura - I received my bracelet today! It is BEAUTIFUL! I just love it. Thank you so much. Even tho' my attire only includes my robe today, I am still wearing my beautiful bracelet :-)

OK< I haven't gotten any results back from previous tests, but I'm assuming it isn't going to be good???? I am going in for cancer screening for, well, what seems my whole upper body. They are going to check my lungs, throat and esophogus (sp?) Right now I am sitting on egg shells. My insides are all shakey. I'm sure its nothing...just proceedure. What is ANA titer? Maybe I should google that.
All I know is I wish I would just get better and all this be over. I can't concentrate on anything and every little thing stresses me to the max!
There is a couple of girls giving me grief on GW that have been pestering me for well over a year and that has got me all in an uproar. Well, one girl has been bothering me for well over a year, and the other girl just came from out of no where and I have no idea why........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......... just aggrivating.
I am just going to stick to the RR forum. I feel comfortable here and this is where my friends are.

Maryanne - I still have your furbabies. Someone has already tried to talk me out of your brown one, but I was like "nope, she has a home". Now if we can just get her and her sister to you! We'll figure out a way :-)

My boxes will go out next week. I just don't see getting them out anytime sooner. Hope this is OK?

I keep trying to just clear my mind, but I have absolutely no idea how to even do that, LoL. I've tried laying in complete darkness in silence. But all that does is give my mind extra room to increase thoughts. Ha!

Well, I have rambled on more than I should have already. You all have a wonderful week.

Hugs,
Tina

o

Ok I've been cleaning house today and going through things that I've crossed-stitched, but have never framed. The first one that posts can have this for framing.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
And

What looks like a pencil mark by the leaves is cat hair. That won't be on it when I ship it. LOL

Annie

o

Woohoo! Am I the first to post?! Do I win? That's beautiful work, Annie. I'm impressed!

o
yes you are

yep, you are the first one to post, I will get it out to you in the next couple of days because I will wash and press it for you first. Now I know I have your address in the yahoo file, but to save time can you please send it to me.
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Klickitat-Way to go on that great prize from Annie. Sorry to hear about the laryngitis, hope good health is on the way to you.

Tina-Glad you are having some tests run, headaches are the no. 1 sign that something is wrong. I had a headache some years back for 18 days and went to the Dr. and they thought I had a brain tumor but it turned out I had a stroke. My bloodpressure was so high I was on 6 blood pressure pills a day. Praying that everything turns out ok.

Deb-I'm so excited that you found my Florida Boys Christmas tape. Doing the happy dance here. I don't care if Christmas is over I'M PLAYING IT EVERY DAY once I get it. You are the GREATEST....Thank you so very much.

Jeanne-I say going to Rome is special...that is a dream come true vacation. Thank you for sharing this special time with us.

Julie-Wishing you a speedy recovery from the pink-eye.

I'm so behind on the posts, Christmas was barely over and my GD's B-Day was Jan 4th and my DD's was Jan. 6th. I try to make their birthdays extra special. Hope everything slows down now.

I would like to ask you all to remember my Niece's little boy in prayer. He's 9 years old and very sick, his name is Joseph. He has lost 12 pounds of weight and can't eat for all the ulcers in his mouth and on his tongue. He is so tiny to begin with he really didn't need to lose the 12 pounds. We can't get any of them to answer the phone this afternoon so they may have admitted him to the hospital.

Shirley

o

Mon, Jan 8, 07 at 21:38

Darn it all! It could have been me!

o

Mon, Jan 8, 07 at 22:20

Hi All,
I posted that before Shirley's post came up, lol!
Annie, Your cross-stiching is excellent!

I came home to my swap box from Susie! She got lots of stuff in the box. She made a wonderful sign for me. It is a big arrow that says Remy's Garden in raised letters. Thanks so much Susie. I'm going to make Gary shellac it!
She also sent a couple of boxes chocolates. One is chocolate covered cherries. And she sent jelly beans too. For the garden I got fertilizer stakes, a bumble bee wind sock, and a pair of gloves. She also sent the little square plasic baggies. Those are my favorite ones! The was a ball for my doggies. A pair of fuzzy socks. A couple of note pads which is good because I'm always running out. There were a couple issues of Backyard and a Christmas issue of Taste of Home. She sent the book 'Who Moved My Cheese?' I read about this book, so it will be good to read. She also gave me a local cookbook from the Club Italia of Battle Creek, Mich.(I would of never thought one would be there!) It is another great one for my collection! Oh, and lastly I got a Chaxton Fruit Cake too. I looked at the ingredients and it seems very natural, so I just might like it: )
Thank you so much Susie!

Susan, Klickitat,
I know it is dangerous!! Thankfully, I live in a neighborhood of very nice people. Everyone walks by and says hello and the kids are nice. You can leave all you stuff outside and no one will take it. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a 1950's tv show.
Sammie is microchipped and tattooed too. She is bad with coming when called. I've never had a dog that would not come immediately when called, but I never had a dog that was obviously treated as bad as she was. I have been working on calling her and being very affectionate when she does come. It is when she thinks she has done something wrong that she won't. She goes absolutely nuts when it comes to small animals. A greyhound/retriever mix will do that I suppose. Other than that she is the most well behaved dog I've ever owned!

Dizzy,
I was wondering if anyone would catch my joke! lol.

Shirley,
So sorry to hear about your nephew. I hope he gets well real soon.
That's an amzing story about your headache. Thank goodness you ended up alright. Gary got stuff in his eye at work a few years back and went to the doctor. His blood pressure was super high and he had no idea! He hadn't gone to the doctor in quite some time. If he hadn't hurt his eye, he could of had something terrible happen.

Oh I almost forgot! Jeanette posted at the end of the long time to load graphic post in case anyone doesn't look over at the post. She says she lost he job and she's homeless! Did she live in an aparment of the complex that she managed?
She didn't say where she was living. I hope she has some family that she's with right now. Well, her post didn't have a feeling of being upset to me, so I think she is ok.
Take care all,
Remy

o

Tina, I am saying prayers for you. I know how it is when you are waiting and scared. I'm sure everything will turn out okay. I had a bout of serious headaches about 10 years ago. They did an MRI and couldn't find any reason for them. Eventually, they stopped. It was scary though. How about stress? Stress can cause so many problems. Caused me to have consistent chest pains a few years ago. Anxiety medication cleared them right up. Anyway, I will be praying.
Shirley,I'm also praying for your niece's boy. It's especially scary when it's a child.
Theresa

o

Remy,

I saw that on the graphic post; I sure hope Jeanette is ok.

Most of all my stitching I've donated for auction for the leukemia/lymphoma association. The one on the Graphic thread is going to be donated on the auction I am helping with this month.

Shirley, my prayers are going out to your nephew. I hope they find out what is going on with him.

Well, I've got to go into work tonight then I'm off till Friday night. I must buy me some soil to do some wintersowing this week. The weatherman said a cold spell is coming so maybe it is safe to get some done without them trying to germinate.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
And

Tina, I sure hope all comes out ok for you. My thoughts and prayers are going your way!

On my way to work!
Annie

o

Tina, I hope I didnt add to your anxiety I sure didnt mean to. Please don't let the GW get you down girl this is where you come to relax! Enjoy the kids being back in school, watch a movie or map out your spring planting on paper or take a bubble bath. Don't do all 3 at once or the paper will get soggy. (((Hugs)))

Annie if you find any more cross stitch bring it on! You do beautiful work.

Shirley, I am glad your headache was addressed and action taken! My neighbor lady and friend Miss Beth had a headache 20 years ago, did'nt take time to go to doc, had a major stroke one day in her kitchen, her teen found her flat on the floor. She is still in a wheelchair at 70, and only has use of left hand and leg though she can definitely speak. Alot. real lot. Mucho. But I do love her. She is 5ft. tall, 80lb dynamo in a wheechair. She does amazing container gardening. Anyways she was only 50, not overweight, no high blood pressure but she did smoke. The kicker is she was a R.N. at Duke U. medical center for many years so she should have known better.

Remy congrats on the neat "Susie"box...and your neighborhood sounds way cool!

Shirley will definitely keep your niece and grandnephew in our prayers.

o

Wow have you ladies been busy posting..
Remy~
Got the seeds and I am so excited I can hardley wait to start them.. Thanks thanks thanks.. I am trying the ones that you labeled your favorites and one other that you labeled vig. grower. I let my dad take a peek to see if he would like me to start some for him.
Tina~
ANA is usually drawn to check for lupus, but some Dr. draw to look for cancer. I would not get in a bunch yet, even though it is hard not to. Headaches, can be blood pressure also. Not knowing any family history it is hard to take an inside glance. Plus my stethascope only reaches so far :)
but don't worry yet. You can't change it right? I mean seriously, either way a test turns out, the results will be the same. so... live for today and let the next days take care of themselves. They will I promise.
Sandlapper~ You are home now, so I will ship your winning prize to you. Is it ok to send now?

Julie~
did you get your box? I hope so. that would stink. Are you feeling better?

Annie~ Great work. I tried to CS once and it bothered me because the back looked so bad.

Klick~
I am glad you liked your gift. I saw somewhere that you collected antique nursing things. I know it is not antique but it was cute and when I saw it I picked up one for me and one for you. It is from Bronners which is the worlds largest Christmas store and lucky for me it is right here in MI.
Well ladies I am still a bit under and I should probably drag myself to bed. I start teaching this week to the basic nursing students so I have to look over my syllabus to see how mean I am this semester. :)
I am sorry if I left anyone out.. I am usually Mrs. General poster but I saw some things so I posted on them..
Hugs
Laura

o

Laura, what sort of nurse are you?

o

Klickitat~
I am a Nurse Practitioner. I Work in level 1 trauma center er. I also teach at the University of Michigan. My past experience has been. Neuro, ICU, CCU, flight care, ER, Med surg. I love it. I love being an NP. I love having the ability to see patients independantly as well as being able to order test, RX drugs and give orders.
I love it.
How about you?

o

Tue, Jan 9, 07 at 9:44

Hi All,
I was so excited about opening my box from Susie, I never looked at my regular mail. In the pile there was a letter from Jeanette!
She says she got fired for budgetary reasons(I bet that is why that boss lady was there a little while ago,) and she is packing to move because she does live on site. She says she is in a catch 22 in that she can't get her last pay check until she moves, but she can't move with out her last pay check! She doesn't know when she will be able to post. She wants me to let everyone know she is thinking of her Bloomin Friends and will be back soon. She asks for luck on her job search.

Tina!
I'm smoking crack!, lol. I thought I posted to you last night. I wanted to tell you to try and not worry. It doesn't change a thing. You must be like my Gary, he is a worrier! Me, not at all. but sitting in darkness doesn't do a thing for me. It is like the library. I've always hated the library, too quiet. When ever a noise is made, it is distracting. I can read/relax better with constant background music/noise. Too bad it isn't gardening time, that always makes time disappear for me. I'm sure it does that for you too. Don't you knit or something? I'm trying to remember, an activity like that can be relaxing. Or... you can just get drunk, lol!

Laura,
I'm glad the seeds came. I obviously tried to make a mix of ones you may like with more than enough choices for you and your dad. Plus tomato seeds last well for at least 5 years, so you can save them if you don't use them this year.
You remind me of my very good friend that is the head icu nurse that I've mentioned before with the crazy stories. I don't know how you all get so much stuff done! She is like the energizer bunny. Me, I'm more like a slug, lol. Anyway, she is pregnant, and I'm so happy for her. She has an 8 year old, and has been trying ever since to have another baby. She had a miscarriage once too: ( But she is over 5 months now and everything looks good. So I'm very excited for her.
Remy

o

llbean... sounds like you've had a fascinating career so far! I'm a Neuro RN working on my FNP. Only 1 year left to go and I can't wait. The difference in the two jobs is massive and I certainly prefer the NP role over the RN one. Wouldn't you know that school started back up yesterday and I'm still sick. Bleh.

Well, girls, more sleep for me today. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

o

Has anyone heard fron Jeanette? That's scary stuff.

Tina,
You are a tough cookie. Stay strong and my thoughts are with you.

Laura,
I called the post office and they said they didn't leave the box for me Saturday because it looked like it was going to rain. That's a new one. I am going to go get it today because I have to pick up my daughter from school later. Can't wait to get it.

I'm starting to feel better so I should be able to put my box together next week. Sorry Deb, please bear with me...

o

Annie, email was sent. Let me know if you didn't get it.

o

Klick,

I just got home,and I did get your address. I have to transfer everyone's address from yahoo to a file, and then print out so I have a copy.

I will wash, press it, and send it on its way Thursday or Friday. You should get it maybe Monday. I will give you the delivery confirmation number on it when I send it out.

All I can say is Thank God for Nurses!
When son was going through chemo the nurses that took care of Shelby were the best of the best. They went out and above the call of duty, and I must admit, spoiled him rotten. After three months in the hospital you are not a patient, you are family.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Hi Ladies :))
Just a quick note to all who have been under the weather PLEASE Get well soon .

All is well here I'm just being attacked by " BIRDS " I
feel as if I'h in an old alfred Hitchcock MOVIE :))
way to many babies right now never had this many at one time :)) .
3 of them are going to good homes in 2 weeks the one couple are moving out of state & the other couple are moving into their new home soon . :)) & my niece is taken one . :))

Jules so glad the box arrived safly :))
remy also glad your box arrived a-ok just sorry I couldn't get a stake put on the sign but as you can see it wouldn't fit the box :)) .

well I suppose its getting harder to type with these critter on me so I better sign off till I get them caged for the night :))) .
sweet dreams my friends .
susie
p.s I do not care for many fruit cakes but the ones I sent
to you are very very good . very moist & nutty .

o

What an absolutely WONDERFUL box I received from Laura today. Laura, it is really too generous but I'll accept, hee hee. Imagine my surprise when I found an electric foot massager with pulsing action and heat! I'm typing extra fast so I can go try it out. The bracelet is gorgeous. I put it on right away. The beads have an opalescent look to them and since opal is my birthstone it will look great with that ring I've been wanting, lol.

There was also a bath and body works aromatherapy set with a Cd with spa music and epsom salts and essential oils for soaking your feet. A make-up brush set - so excited that it comes with an eyebrow brush since I always seem to wear mine out. Also a scapbook-style hanging frame kit to put 3 photos in (I really have no excuse, I have to get scrappin' now!) Honeybee white agastache seeds and a gift certificate for penstemon husker red and garden scarlet view clumps in the spring - so thoughtful.
And, as if that wasn't enough, the girls are busy now going through their huge bag of goodies that was overflowing with stickers and other treats. I just love that because it gives me a chance to check out my stuff. How did you know we were all out of construction paper??

Thank you soooo much Laura, I hope I didn't forget anything.

o
darn it

Ooops! I forgot about the 2 year pocketbook planner that I've been needing and the nice new body puff for the shower.

Thanks again.

o

"Sandlapper~ You are home now, so I will ship your winning prize to you. Is it ok to send now?"

Oh, yes, Laura, send any time. I was glad to read you had not mailed it yet, because I did look to see if there was a package when I got home and not seeing one, I hoped it hadn't gotten lost.
That is so nice of you to do this.

Jeanne

o

I just noticed that I don't have a copy of micke's info sheet. If anybody has it, could you email it to me? Thanks!

o

First of all, get well Lushie and just let me at anyone after you I will let my doggie get them, no one attacks my lil lushie and gets away with it I have Tt as a pal and didn't post a list of what she likes so here it is it will help me shop Tina T toads, tadpoles, testicles and turtles. how did I miss the beautiful crosstitch ? darn I'm just off a day or so Tina T please post any more of your likes if I missed any, Jeanette come work in seattle, lots of arpt buildings here. hugs carol

o

hi everyone. so much for catch up on, so much to say.

first, round remy, put down that crack pipe! thank you ever so much for such a great package of seeds. i so appreciate each one and hope i get great results. you are truly the best.

jeanne, what wonderful pictures - what a trip. welcome home.

julie, laura's generosity is amazing isn't it?

carol, how is it going with the doggie sale?

jeanette, i have room for you, come here! there's plenty of work too. i see your field all the time. i'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

shirley, your nephew is in my thoughts and prayers and he's on the prayer list.

annie, what talent. i just love that CS. i suck when it comes to doing anything that involves a needle/sewing. you are so very talented.

tina, you are better off if you just stick within this and your group and don't bother going outside of it. at least we are used to you (lol). just ignore the negative.

well, do any of you remember me ever telling a few stories about my whack-job neighbors, the one who beats his wife and she has him arrested then bails him out and takes him back? calls the police because my dogs barked one day; because the leaves from my tree blew on his property, etc., etc., etc. this so sickens me to say, but i just found out he is an offender and is registered on the megan's law website. so not only is he a creep, he is a (big)C R E E P pig pervert disgusting jerk sickening dirtball louse. and to think he has a young daughter. the last couple of days with this news hasn't sat well with me.

julie, hope that pink eye clears up. do you have cats or dogs? did your kids get it? it's very contagious. if you use eye make up, you need to toss it all and get new stuff.

i agree thank God for nurses. i remember when i had my (false) heart attack. they were the best. sometimes i think you can just keep the doctors, i'll take the nurse anyday.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

tina, get your eyes checked as well. that could be cause for your vapors.

FYI, so those of you that missed it can understand:

~~if you were a porn star, one way to come up with your stage name would be:
***your first pet would be your first name
***your last name would be the name of the first street on which you lived.
i'd be: tangerine yocum

so, if you haven't responded, let me know. i'm having a little unofficial/unannounced contest.

well, that's about all for me. hope everyone who is a little under the weather starts feeling better and that everyone that's feeling fine, continues to do so.

maryanne

o

Ok, I've been resisting because my porn name is lame... Nellie Fairfax. Not exactly a male-inticing title, is it? :)

o

Maryanne- Thank you for the make up advice! I only wear mascara but I never would have thought of that.

Ready for my porn name:
Poo-poo Gaslight HAHAHAHAHA

I hated the name poo-poo but when I was 10 years old my mother would only let me get this cat if we named him poo-poo. I had that kind of childhood.

o

That name sounds awfully dangerous, Julie. Poo and gaslight could be a lethal combination. Boom!

o

Poo and gaslight...You girls crack me up. True though.

Maryanne- you be careful with that next door neighbor. People like that don't care what they do. I have a website you can look up that tells you how close those kind lives to you. I could not believe it when I put in my address and two lived within one mile of where I live. The sad part is a school is also in the vicinity.

Julie-You can forget that kind of childhood you have us now. LOL

Yes I agree about the nurses...

Shirley

o

Theresa, your fruitcake swap is on its way to you. Shipping Number: 03061070000528628677

(...and Ms. Hostess... something is on its way to you as well. I didn't get a tracking number but if for some reason it does not make it to you, I will send a replacement...I am new to all of this...)

o

I hope everyone is feeling better! Sending healing thoughts out to everyone!

It is finally starting to look like winter here. We have a whole inch of snow! LOL It actually hit 70 here on Saturday! The weather has been crazy so far this winter. My bulbs are trying to come up even.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Jenell

o

Morning, ladies! Looks like I (or my husband) scared everyone away from the graphics thread. It's just a relief to finally get my picture posted. :)

So how is everyone doing on their packages? It looks like only 3 boxes have gone out and we're almost halfway through the month. I'm guilty of not having mailed mine out, but I'm waiting on something particular to arrive first.

If there is any specific reason why you aren't able to send your package out within the next week, please post here. That way, your partner knows there's a holdup. As the rules state, just get your package out by the end of the month. It would be nice to see them go out before then, but do your best.

Have a great day, all. I'm going to try and get some housework done without killing myself again. Being sick really puts a downer on any activity. Hope all you other sick ladies are feeling better soon.

o

Good Morning Everyone.Haven't been on in awhile and had some time so I thought I better caught up on the posts.Looks like you have been a busy bunch.

Oh I didn't realize your pic was posted Klick.I need to go check out the graphics thread.I just love looking at all the pics!

I am so forgetful lately.I think when it changed to the new year part of my brain stayed in 2006.Tinas package went out yesterday and I forgot to post the confirmation number.Here it is....
USPS #9150 8052 1390 7514 2329 99 Hope you like what I sent Tina.
Klick your hostess gift will go out the 1st part of next week.Did I tell you how behind I am this month?

My parents had new cupboards installed in their kitchen yesterday so the rest of today I will be helping mom put everything back in them.She is such a pack rat. I just hope I can talk her into pitching the gazillion margarine containers she constantly keeps for leftovers.Got her a set of rubbermaid storage containers for christmas and they are still in the box.What am I thinking?? She will never throw those containers away..After all I am talking about a woman who actually saves and reuses plastic silverware! LOL Shes just so danged cute I can never get too upset with her : )

Well I better hustle on over there before she calls again : )

Have a Great Day Ladies! Hope you all are beginning to feel better.Its a bummer being sick : (

Nancy

o

Sandlapper Rose, Thanks! I will keep my eye out for it. Can't wait :)

Giverny, I hope to get my shopping done tomorow so that I can send yours out Saturday or Monday. I know it's supposed to be a "fruitcake" exchange but there are some specifics that I want to go out and purchase. I will post when it's on the way.

Be well All.

Theresa

o

Susie,
Your package went out yesterday (Wed). USPS #0306 1070 0001 7512 1477.

I hope you enjoy it!

Jules,
Your hostess gift went out also! #0306 1070 0001 7512 1453.

Deb

o

HI ladies..
Down in the dumps today... Feeling kinda poopy.. Max was up all night last night and so I just wanted to say that I have been reading the posts but that I will post more later..
I pray that you all are well.
Maryanne I emailed you did you get it? I was alos wondering how old your grand-daughter was again as I bought her a cute red wings outfit.. (my favorite team) but I think I bought it too big... I didn't want to twll but.. I think I may need to exchange it..

Tina, is your last name Lee? YOu are my partner in both groups this exchange and I got this really strange email with some confirmation, is that you?

I hope you are all well,....

Miss you all
Laura

o

Just a quick hi!

Nancy, I will be on the lookout!Looking forward to your package. Boy I really need a "packmeup". Your package is just the thing to do that :-)
Thank you

Laura - No, last name is Roll. When I send out this box, I will put the other exchange in it as well if that is ok with you.?.

Am on some meds right now that makes me do nothing but sleep. I NEED to get some cleaning done, but thats not happening any time soon. :-(
I hate not being up to doing anything.

love and hugs to you all -
Tina

o

So far we have the following from our group members:

veeja11 sends to mmqchdygg
mmqchdygg sends to beth b kodiak
beth b kodiak sends to lunamoon
lunamoon sends to mellen
mellen sends to klickitat
klickitat sends to micke
micke sends to cedarnest
cedarnest sends to hummingbirdaisy
>>> in transit
hummingbirdaisy sends to llbean
llbean sends to tastefullyjulie
>>> sent
tastefullyjulie sends to debbya
debbya sends to skohler
>>> in transit
skohler sends to remy
>>> sent
remy sends to sandlapper rose
sandlapper rose sends to theresa 24
>>> in transit
theresa 24 sends to giverny4me
giverny4me sends to veeja11

If you are experiencing any delays in mailing out your packages, please post here so that your partner is aware. Believe it or not, Im on another forum that does an annual Secret Santa on of the participants STILL hasnt mailed out his gifts despite agreeing to play back in October. Please dont take this persons example as a good one. *smile*

Im off to attempt to get some more sleep. Woke up at some unreasonable hour and could really use the rest.

o

Wanted to get on here last night and it was like I entered The Twilight Zone.Anybody else find the website was acting unusually odd? Only thing I saw were posts from July!Thought I was losing it for sure.Looks like its back in business today..... so far! LOL

Jules I was able to get your hostess gift sent yesterday afterall. USPS #0103 8555 7499 1472 2491

Feel Better Soon I hope,Laura,Tina and everyone else who is under the weather. No fun feeling bad : (

Have a Nice Day Ladies!
Nancy

o

No 'delays' here...as a newbie, I was encouraged to make sure my box is out by ~20th of the month. My plan is to find some more nifty stuff to put in there (because the 'real' fruitcake was actually kinda icky, so that ain't happenin'...), and send it off before that date.
Stay tuned, Beth!

o

Morning ladies -

I got my wonderful package from Nancy this morning.
She sent me some really awesome grow kits!
Strawberry
jalapeno pepper
and sweet pepper

Tulips:
Pink Diamond (2 packages!)
Bing Crosby!!!!!
Mixed

The most awsome 5-in-1 slicer (very cool!)
and some Russell Stovers Chocolate milk and 70% dark chocolate candies (yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!)
And a very sweet note!

Thank you Nancy. I love it all
((((Nancy))))

Now that I see our time warp is over, HA!, it's good to be back into January 2007

OK, going back to bed.
Hugs,
Tina

o

Hi ladies
I know this has nothing to do with fruitcakes or this robin but I remember someone saying they had problems
with "SLUGS" & Today I happen to find this & wanted to share the info with you all .

And then there are - slugs. To Make a Slug Bar You'll Need: Butter tubs. Beer. To Make: Cut six 1-inch square openings halfway up the butter tub sides. Fill tubs with beer to just below openings. Snap on lids. Place tubs in slug trouble spots throughout the garden. Check periodically and remove slugs. (the lids will also keep birds out of the beer!) Nice practical handmade gift for a new gardener or new garden!.

hope this info helps :))

susie

o

Yes, falling-down-dead-drunk slugs are a good thing!
We are talking about real slugs and not men, right? Cuz they fall for the beer-trick, too.

o

mmqchdygg... Sounds like you're right on the ball. I was only posting the request in case someone came across an unexpected delay. In fact, I was about to post that I was going to have a delay, but the thing I was waiting on to arrive in the mail suddenly arrived today!

Sooooo... micke... if I get through my weekly homework assignments in good time, your package will go out today. If not, then on Monday as I work weekends. I'll do my best. :)

Tina... you're a lucky gal getting all those goodies! And what are the chances you and I both got Bing Crosby bulbs? I can't wait to see them bloom one day!

A lovely package showed up today from Sandlapper_rose! Inside the package was a cute kitchen towel that has a place next to the sink where I dry my pots and pans, an adorable umbrella sticky note pad with matching pen, and a packet of Calabrese Broccoli seeds! Thank you! You did very nicely. :)

I hate to sound greedy, but I'm truly enjoying this hostess thing! Any openings for hostesses in the remainder of the year? LOL

o

well I received my box today from debbya :)) very nice
tote bag that holds pictures of gardening friends :)))
also a very nice soft knitted chenille throw for those cold nights a coming soon , & a package of kitty snacks
that my mama kitty just love's :)) she likes her treats.
& a calendar mouse pad I really like this . mine was getting wore out so this will last for 1 year anyway :)))

thank you debby very very nice box.
susie

yes MM these are real slug's not human mug's many of us have them in our gardens & they can be a big problem &cause allot of damage to some plants , sprays are sometimes to toxic & costly so any home remedy's we can use for a very few pennies works for me :)
love to hear about them .

the japanese bettles tear up on my roses. :( & hollyhocks .

o

Well I was wanting to get my boxes out today, but that aint happening, Klick if you haven't sent mine out yet wait til the middle of next week if you can, we are having a horrendus ice storm and it is not suppose to let up til Thursday of next week, they are talking about power outages and everything. I am so glad mom has my Cockatiel, I don't know how I would of kept him warm. I am kind of scared this time, it is icing horribly out there, the kids are not home from school yet (lots of schools had early dismissals, but not Joplin) and Travis is scheduled to work today through til Thursday, he leaves before it is light and gets home after it is dark:(
well if you don't hear from me for awhile, know I am holed up in my house with two children that will be bouncing off the walls, and two dogs that do not want to go outside in crappy weather, ohhh, this is so weird, it is thundering now, does that happen in a ice storm? I have no clue this rarely happens here, and this is the second time for us this winter!
michelle

o

michelle, sorry to hear about your weather. i think carol is getting hit as well. the early news showed everywhere from washington to colorado and then some with some horrendous weather. i figure it's just a matter of time before it heads east. there's some whacko from colorado selling his snow on ebay...i heard that on the news too.

jules, it is really nice being the hostess. the kindness and generosity of everyone was really overwhelming and so appreciated by me last month, that's for sure. i think the months we might need new hostesses have to be filled with those who didn't host yet so everyone gets a chance. dizz and someone else (off the top of my head can't remember right now - sorry - but i wrote it down somewhere) already offered to take a month.

nancy, yes indeed. last night on garden web was quite strange. i came on to post/talk and all i could find was july. at first, i couldn't get on at all.

t2, male slugs....LMAO

sue, a "slug bar". i haven't been to one of them in a longtime! LOLOLOLOL

anyone hear from beth recently?

laura, how are you? is max feeling any better? i didn't get an email, verizon just stinks. i'm thinking of changing providers, i'm not real satisfied. the baby is going to be 6 months!

has anyone ever taken the jeopardy test to register to try to get on the show?

hope everyone else is doing well.
maryanne

o

Incoming for Carol!# 0305 1720 0000 8239 6004 there is a fruitcake in there, not the kind you eat. I receive this fruitcake every year.

Nancy, I am your mother (:O) Not only do I save plastic container I also save glass jars, I use them for vases to give away bouquets from my cutting garden. Drives the DH nuts when theres a bunch of jars soaking in the sink. I do take them out to my secret lair gardening/potting area so he doesnt have to look at them though...also I am darn cute.

Maryanne and Shirley re: next door wierdos, I always check the offender websites too, especially when we moved around, you never know! Speaking of which did you all see that the 13 y/o that went missing from his bus stop in MO was found alive in some guys house and another boy who had been missing since 2002 was there as well. Thank God.

Susie, I used the beer method for slugs in the past but your "beer condo" method sounds cool. I could never tell if the census of slugs was lowered or they were just coming by for a cold one. This was in WA state, maybe Carol can tell me if I should have put out a tiny shot next to the beer???
Tina and Jules, I have tulip envy ...can't grow them here, least not as perennials.

Jules, nice job hostessing and I like the cartoon...

Micke stay warm and safe, and for goodness sake I hope the internet doesnt go out. I do have my priorities straight, lol.

o

Since I work long weekend hours, I've started a new thread to continue our discussions before this one filled up.

G'night all!

o

Fri, Jan 12, 07 at 20:01

Hi All,
I guess I missed all the July weirdness. I'm glad it didn't last too long.
I'm for once getting behind on my box! I have stuff, but it is not yet enough, and I am so tired from work! And now the morons scheduled me to work 7 days in a row! I have next Wed. and Thurs. off, so I hope to have it out then.

Michelle,
Thunder happens during cold storms. The freak snow thing in Oct. here was weird that night because the power went out and all you couls hear was sirens, tree limbs breaking, and thunder.
I do hope the coming weather is not as bad as they are making out to be.

Maryanne,
Lol! I have trouble putting away the crack pipe.
I'm so sorry to hear that your neighbor is not just an idiot, but is a real creep!! I'm not sure how I would handle living next to someone like that.
I'm glad you like the tomato seeds. I tried to make it as varied an assortment as I could.

If anyone else needs tomato seeds, I still have lots of many kinds just let me know what you want in a tomato! No trade neccessary.(Jeanne you can probably guess I'm sending you some: ) )

Julie,
Poo Poo Gaslight, lol! In my head I hear that stripping "Boom chicka boom". Change to "Boom caca boom!" Lol, the weird places mind goes.
Did you see the post where I wrote that I had received a letter from Jeanette? She did seem ok.

T2,
"Cuz they fall for the beer-trick, too." Lol!

Susie,
I got the Japanese Beetles pretty good for the first time last summer! I sure hope that doesn't happen again.

Have a good night everyone,
Remy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here