Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7..games, and thank you's

Posted by flwrs4ever 7 R.I. (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 7, 08 at 12:16

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PLEASE POST HERE, WHEN YOU RECIEVE A CARD, ENVIE, OR SEEDS..WE LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE RECEIVING.

TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS IS STILL GOING, HOPE YOU ARE ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS.

Thanks so much to all of you for making this such an AMAZING swap...and I feel like I have made 150 NEW FRIENDS.

This is our Christmas tree in the yard...wanted to share with you all !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap #7..games, and thank you's

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE, TILL THE OTHER THREAD IS FULL, I SAW ONE OF THE OLD THREADS WITH 148 POSTS ON IT, AND HURRIED TO MAKE A NEW ONE, AND IT WAS THE WRONG THREAD...

SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!

o

Absolutely love the trees in the yard! The snow and all makes them so pretty! All we have are gray skies and sad dead looking trees right now! I would love some snow! Blow it my way, I am still not working yet due to being ill and would love to sit and watch it pour down!! Melinda

o

Kym I too absolutely love that picture.
Can I use it?

Ok since Kym is busy today I thought I would post the words already used for the word game.
Photobucket

Words used for the Word Game.
1. Beef
2. Between
3. Breathe
4. Bright
5. Brightness
6. Christ
7. Fence
8. Fore
9. Fresh
10. Hearths
11. Manger
12. Master
13. Mat
14. Nightmare
15. Nightmares
16. Ornate
17. Rice
18. Santa
19. Sight
20. Sit
21. Snow
22. Snow
23. Star
24. Swat
25. Thomas
26. Tree
27. Was
28. Wise men
29. Wishing
30. Wreath
31. Wrist

o

The postman just delivered three cards! Thank you Dorathy, fcoffill, and Kiddo. I'm really enjoying this swap.

Since we'll still have the addresses I suspect there will be some secret valentines, leprechauns, Easter bunnies and on and on throughout the year.

mao

o

Hi Everyone!!!
Went mailboxing today and I got one more card :)
Seedmama sent me
cosmos crest red
agastache lavender
mexican sunflower
salvia coral nymph

Thank you soooooo much seedmama. I love all of them!!! I'm sure my butterflies are going to enjoy them!!!

I hope everyone is having a great time mailboxing today!!!!!

Monica

o

I received 2 cards today! First ones this Season. I rarely get cards, so this was exciting.

Red Turks Cap
Ice Plant
Mimosa
Love In A Mist

From Kiddo & Pumkingal

Thank you very much for the card and seeds. I liked the cards. This made me feel good in the morning. I was having a hard time going to sleep. I was surprised to see something that wasn't on the list! All of these are going to be great to grow. This has brighten up my day and made me very happy! :)

Once again, Thank You. I'm thrilled!

-David

o

I went to the post office to mail out a few more cards and when I got back - Taa Daa! Two more cards for me...
(that could be a verse for the mailboxing song!)

From Alana/poisondartfrog -> Eryngium yuccifolium - Rattlesnake Master... OH YEAH!
From Heather/divahethr -> Stevia, German chamomile and Poppy "Irish Velvet"... OH KEWEEEELLLLL!

You ladies are just the cat'a pajamas! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

All the Santas and Elves have been just so good to me - I must have been a really good girl this year! I'm gonna have to think really hard to come up with a new wish list!

o

Today I received 3 cards today from proudgm_03, Dorothy, and elf7!!!
Thanks a bunch for all the generosity!!!! I cant wait for spring to come and it isn't even Christmas or New Years yet!!

o

Just got back from the mailbox. There were two cards today.

Maria (Elf) sent me Dill (how'd you know I like to make homemade pickles), Celosia 'Red Velvet', Zinnia Mix 'Dahlia', and Maltese Cross (can't wait to wintersow this one!)

Rhonda (Rbrady) sent me Gaillardia 'Sundance' and Zinnia 'Profusion Orange', both of which were on my wishlist. Yippee!!!

Thank you both very, very much! Your generosity is appreciated!

Bonnie

o

Today I received 5 cards!! poisondart frog(alana) sent summer showers geranium,red cannas and cinn basil, lisam 627(lisa sent white gaura and red bell peppers, Dorothy in ga sent red texas hibiscus, Bonnie highaltransplant sent broadleaf sage, basil, dianthus red ideal select penstemon red , white datura and white moonvine, Heather -divahethr sent stevia,blue bedder salvia mixed viola and basil. Thanks so much everyone this justs makes my day.The generosity of everyone here is overwhelming! Ive got my winter sowing stuff ready for some of these and will be kicking on the lights downstairs in the grow room for the rest after the first of the year. Just about everything grown in my gardens ive started from seeds and how very nice it is to be able to tell folks that the seeds came from generous gardeners from all over the United States . I cant wait to get started! Thanks to all the generous elves and thanks to Kym for hosting. Merry Christmas everyone! Kim

o

Can I just say that you are an amazing group? Yes, you really are!

I joined the swap thinking that I could send some cards and fill some wishes. I thought I would get a few cards in return. It sounded like fun. I went mailboxing today and didn't really expect to get more cards. There were four more out there. I have received 16 cards! The spirit of giving is alive and well here. Thank you all so much!

Today I received these four pretty cards:

From hummy1 Mixed Larkspur
From fcoffill Red Caster Bean
From chemocurl Butterfly Bush Royal Red, Unknown Lavender, Sugar Plum, and Yarrow Paprika
From seedmama Agastache foeniculum, Tithonia and Italian Parsley

Thanks to all of you for bringing cheer to my day.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

o

Today I went to the mailbox, found catalogs from Al's Family Farms (where I get my royal honeybells from) and Park Seed Co. I love getting seed catalogs! I also received a packet of Northern Sea Oats from a Secret Santa!
This swap has been great in lifting my spirits, and I just want to say THANKS to everyone!
-Dan

o

Received three nice cards today:
Dimples31312 Birdhouse gourd
Princess-Ariel - Maiden grass
Suze6z - Lg leaf Hosta

Thanks for brightning my day and my garden in the spring :)
Deb

o

I'm happy to report that I received these cards in the mail today!
From Frances (FCoffil) I received a beautiful cards with this handwritten note: "All fo the flowers of all of the tomorrows are in the seeds of yesterday" Isn't that beautiful?!? She also sent purple amaranth seed. Susan (taz56) sent stickers (Sarah Kare loves stickers!!) including a pretty dried flower (I'm hiding this one and keeping it for myself!), and Rhonda (anadarko rose) sent a thank you card with a polar bear on it. So sweet! MissKimmie sent a sweet cards with Lavender (my favorite!) and zinnia red king. I'm so excited to try these varieties! Overwhelmed is all I can say... Nik

o

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to proudgm_03, cottageflowers, andrea26WV, lindalana, kiddo GW, and Seiko for all the seeds!!! I am SO EXCITED to grow all these plants, and I never thought I'd get what I wanted!! Also, these cards are ridiculously cute, all of you are so creative :) I've been hanging them up on my wall next to my "garden shelf" (where all the garden stuff lives in the winter). So festive!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!
Muffy

o

I know this has to stop sometime (darn), but I got another card today.

It really was from a Secret Santa, with no name on the card, and an address that didn't match anything on the list. Thanks Santa for Lavender Moon Flower. I love it and know just where it is going to go.

o

Magical picture of the trees in the snow, love it.

Just after posting on all the birds and butterflies we're having, went to get my mail and there was a nice card with 2 pkts of seeds---Butterfly Mix and Hummingbird Mix, thank you Maria-Elf.

Sending mine out gradually, this is turning out more fun than anticipated.

new words....umm..how often are we to post them?

SEASONS
GREETINGS

GB-Bea

o

I have never looked forward to Monday quite so much. I have gone two days without getting a card. You guys have spoiled me! Today when I went mailboxing, I was met with three cards! Yay!
Amy (Flowers1) sent me a tall Zinnia mix
Maria (Elf) sent Zinnias, hardy hibiscus, mixed hollyhocks and Black-seeded Simpson lettuce.
Ariel (princess_ariel) sent me my first handmade card! it is beautiful. She also sent watercress seeds, which actually made me gasp out loud with delight. Glad no one else was home!

Thank you so much
I love you all!

Ellie

o

I went "mailboxing today and found some surprises!

I got 3 cards today!!!

daffodillady, sent me mixed canna seeds,seed bags and some candy stripe balls...so cute. Thank you!

lisam627, asters and nastrium "moonlight" Thank you Lisa, I didn't know I wanted them but after looking them up, I DID!!!

From Ellen in Il, I got a handmade card with a photo of her beautiful gardens and 10, yes 10 packets of seeds. Thank you so much Ellen!

I know that we aren't supposed to let on to the number of cards sent out but I sent out over 30 cards ans have only seen 7 or 8 people post that they got them. Please be kind and post your wishes that were granted.

Thank you to all of you for letting me take part in this swap!! Mailboxing has been the highlight of my day!

I'm going to continue mailing out wishes that I can fill, I just need time to look thru the lists again.

Have a good night and thank you to all my elf friends here on garden web.

Lisa

o

Monica

I love all of the pics of your garden they look great. And all those pot together that is something I would not of thought to do.

Deb

Your pics are amazing. I could spend all day "exploring" your garden. That was my favorite thing to do during the summer wake up and then go outside and sit on the porch and catch some rays while staring into the flowers.

threas

Wonderful flower pics. You certainly love brugs. Are they easy to grow? Everything looks great. Must smell pretty good there at night.

I recieved some more cards today

Sandra aka quiltingfox sent me a very lovely thank you card even tough it was not needed but thank you. And very lovely bookmark.
Becky aka proudgm_03 sent some wave petunia mix and some southern bell pink hibiscus
poisondartfrog sent some eay wave coral reef petunias and some petunias collected from baby duck. Can't wait to see how these turn out.
dorothy aka dimples31312 sent me red texas star hibiscus

Thank you ladies.

And I also got a card from my best friend in middle school though hers was opened last and held no seeds. But I was glad to recieve it as well.

Thank you again this has been a very great and fun seed swap.

Paula

o

I got 3 beautiful cards with seeds today:
From Alana/poisondartfrog - Double Impatiens and Heuchera
From Heather/divahethr - Adenium, Lavendar, Blackeyed Susan vine, coneflower,columbine and some Gloriosa daisy seeds.
From Melanie/Kiddo - Coneflower seeds. Thank you all for making my day! Happy Holidays to all!

o

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received japanese maple seeds from ishareflowers/Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!All the japanese maples I've been stalking didn't seed I'm so thrilled!
and
Taz56/Sue didn't send an bubble envie with seeds she sent a BOX of succulents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg I love agaves!!
I was moved to tears. Thank you both so much. thank you

o

YIIIPO got some more lovely cards stuffed with goodies!!

Fr: isamae, Nigella mix.
michelle, Columbine.
Kiddo, Wisteria.
Highalttransplant,strawflower,columbine,lavendula,& black eyed susan.
crisann, Foxglove,black eyed susan &columbine.
Amy, Nigella,Helichrysum,Columbine,Globe Amaranth& blackeyed susan.

Thank you all soooo much.

Happy mailboxing,
Suzi :)

o

divahethr said "WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received japanese maple seeds from ishareflowers/Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!All the japanese maples I've been stalking didn't seed I'm so thrilled!"

You can grow Japanese Maple from seed????????????????
I am learning so much.

o

YES, soonergrandmom,

I have to pull them up every year because they reseed like crazy if you dont rake up all the seeds!

I sent out 50 or 100 to plantman and I'm now all out but anyone can feel free to get me in the early summer for as many seeds as you want.

Diva,
they do need a period of cold to germinate.

Lisa

o

Hi All,

I didn't receive anything Saturday, so I thought I was done. I had rec'd so many great things. Then, lo and behold today, 5 cards!!

Thanks so much to:

ishareflowers-are those jobs tears? I have only seen them in catalogs. If so, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

godsgardner,goldfish liberator,chemocurl and heather, thank you sooo much. What great variety, loved your cards and thank you sincerely for your generousity(sp?)

Andrea
thank you so much!!!!

o
job tears

Andrea,

Yes, those are jobs tears. Enjoy!

Lisa

o

Okay, i got like a bunch of mail today....My air plants finally came in!!! I now have 11 differant varieties in 18 plants, I just hope not to kill them....I also got a box full of carnivorous plants today!! I am so happy i got a bunch of droseras and a million utricularias! So i finally dug down to the envelopes, i got three!

1. From Maria it included:
- celosia red velvet (oooh never had celosia before even if its common)
- Maltese Cross Red (nice, never heard of this)
- Zinnia mix dahlia (i love zinnnias)

2-3From Heather (divahethr) and Viji (Kerai) i got the seeds mixed up, some fell into my seed box so some are missing) it included a whole bunch of seeds:
- Plumeria NOID, Hopefully a mix, really wanted
- Eucalyptus Cinema- i really wanted these, i recently bought some seeds from a vendor but the guy only sent me shaff...only 2 seeds...those sprouted but then got sick ;-(
- Papaya- Nice Exotic!!!!!
- Bird of paradise- OMG i REALLY wanted this, it looks like the seeds have orange hair lol!
- Washingtonia Robusta- A beautiful Palm will match my ribbon fan palm!
-Starfruit- need to sow these soon heard they're shortlived seeds I always wanted them!
-Miracle Fruit- OMG OMG OMG i really wanted this really nice i have always wanted to try one!!!

Kamil

PS: Kym i sent your stuff!!!!!!!!!

o

I received a beautiful card and seeds from cottageflowers today. She sent two types of yellow dahlia seeds, bleeding heart, red hummingbird salvia and astible 'Visions in Pink'. Thank you so much!

o

So excited! I received two more Christmas cards and a thank you card!

Dorothy from Georgia sent me a tomato assortment of mixed tomato seeds. Thank you! Thank you!

DirtDiggin, Toni, John & Daniel sent me Mammoth Melting Sugar Snow Peas. Thank you! Thank you!

The DH looked at me like I was nuts when I let out a YEAH!

Anadarko-Rose, Rhonda, was so kind as to send a thank you note!

o

Received my 4th card today! I'm really thrilled with this one! Thanks so much to Heather (divahethr)! She sent me Lithrops and Stevia seed!!Two of my biggest wants! Thank you so much!!!

Kathy

o

hehe Kamil the directions said to remove the orange hair before sowing for the bird of paradise. I've had luck germinating the carambola and papaya with heat. the eucalyptus and miracle fruit are new to me too we will have to help each other.

o

Hi all, I just wanted to remind everyone to go to the rate and review forum, search for the names of your senders, and post a response. I noticed a lot of newbies while I was over there posting all of my recommendations/thanks. It helps to have some responses if anything ever happens. I finally had a package "lost" in the mail last month. I did have confirmation number to "track it" but it just stopped. The recipient has been really patient. I've called my way all the way up to customer affairs, have the first name of a contact, and doing a search for the box. Anyway, having a rate and review at least shows that I usually get my trades in on time. Great cards and seeds everyone! Nikki

o

Hi everyone,
I want to thank a bunch more of you!
these came Sat.
*sunset-in mixed delphs love the look of these
*Ellen-lindalan 3 balsam,impatiens & eupatorium chocolate
very generous & great card nice to put a face to name
Went mailboxing today and got 5 more!!
*Melanie-kiddo bird house gourds,orange cosmo,marigolds & daisy mum (gonna look this one up soon as I'm done) thank you very much
*Maria-elf2 maltese cross, larkspur, hhibiscus & zinnia mixed dahlia (I have always wanted to try these)
*Ginger-ggwrn cherry prof. zins, max sun flower,poached egg plant & 3 yes 3 joe pye weed (thrilled to learn there's a dwarf)
*Amy flowers1 red cypress vine (I really love the looks of vines)
*Amy-morguegirl mixed balsam &pink profusion LOVE the card!

Made myself get out X-mass stuff today and start decorating before I came on line & opened my cards. A great reward for job 1/2 done! LOL

your gardens are all lovely thanks for sharing

Annette-playintheyard

o

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 19:41

DH just came back from the post office with MORE cards and envies (I wasn't sure of some of the handwriting so please forgive any typos in the following..)

Santa Krizinski sent painted lady runner beans, cypress vine, and camelot foxglove. (My hummingbirds thank you!)

lindalano sent penstemon smalli, japanese primrose mix, japanese primrose appleblossom, lobelia cardinalis, lobelia great blue and wonderful picture of very happy woman in her garden that I assume is her. (I have wanted to grow japanese primrose for several years, thank you! And what an intriguing garden you have!)

Amy sent red corn poppy. (If these bloom in time for Memorial Day, I will contribute some to our town's Memorial Day ceremony.)

Secret Santa in Guyton, GA sent shirley poppies. (There is no such thing as too many shirly poppies or larkspur this year for me, LOL! I am planting them along a stone wall where they should look fabulous, if I succeed in getting them to grow!)

Princess Ariel sent sweet basil, arugula and very special hand made card...
Her Royal Highness must have amazing mind reading abilities in addition to all her other talents,
since I recently decided to try growing basil this summer but had not told anyone yet. :0)

This wintersowing newbie is thrilled to have seeds for so many beautiful flowers and garden edibles; thank you all so much!

Lois in PA

o

HO HO HO,
I went mailboxing today and recieved 4 more cardes,wow!
From Proudgm,I received**Gaillardis,Razzle Dazzle,**

AND

Chinese Forget-Me-Nots**Thank you so much Becky.

From Kiddo**I received White Dogwood**how great is this?Thank you Melanie**do they need stratfying?

From Sunset-in**I received**Japanese Morning Glories*Light Blue*

AND

Japanese Morning Glories**Bright Blue**Thank you so much Karen,i know just where i am going to plant these.

From Theresa**I received Variegated KMOTGG,how exciting is that,i didn't even know there was a variegated one,Thank you Theresa,i can't wait to get them going.

I also want to say all the cardes have been so nice,some beautiful,and others cute little snoemen,i LOVE snowmen,my favioret cartoon? Frosty the Snowman.

Carol

o

Got another card today!
Dorothy (Dimples31312) sent Bushel Basket Gourds...i've never heard of these & can't wait to see what they look like! Thanks a bunch Dorothy!

Word Game:

More Gifts! (LOL, couldn't resist posting these!)

o

A big "Thank you" to Kiddo (coral vine) and cottageflowers (Lauren's grape, clarkia, and lav. scabiosa).
I have already sowed the Lauren's grape.

This has been a great start for the Christmas season!

o

Great cards and seeds everyone!

Carol(just1morehosta) Save seeds from that variagated kmotgg, it will be on my list next year!

o

I received a card today from Lisam627. Thank you so much for the gaillardia dazzler and the cosmos bright lights! You really brightened my day! :) Melissa

o
RE: UPDATE: 1 Secret Santa Seed Swap #7..games, and thank you's

Hi! Received another card today!
Thank you!
Hummy-toad lily
Hugs
Susan

o

ISHAREFLOWERS,
I made a note next to the hosta,:0) Aren't we having fun!
Carol

o

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas fellow elves!

On my way home from the PO to drop off my cards/seeds (I know, I know -- better late than never ;-) I rushed home to my own mailbox and low and behold I found from the elves:
Annette (playintheyard) ~ Maltese Cross
Amy (morguegirl) ~ Scabiosa
Was I thrilled! Can't wait till solstice to start winter sowing.

Thanks ladies, sweet, sweet cards!

Blessings to all my GW friends and fellow wish-granters :)

La Donna

o

Got two more cards and seeds!!

Thanks to suecirish and poisondartfrog: scabiosa and jupiter's beard, mina lobata, asarina, peony poppy.

You elves are terrific!

Betsy

o

I received another card today from rbrady. She sent green milkweed, spider milkweed and monkey flower seeds. Thank you very much! I'm trying to get as many varieties of milkweed as I can for the monarchs. I'll share the monkey flower seeds with my daughter, she is going to start a zoo garden in the spring.

Ginger

o

Today I received:

Spicy Basil
Indian Summer Sunflower
Gypsophilla
Nicotiana-White
Rudbeckia Yellow Centers
Asparagus(I have been wanting to try growing this)

Thank you Plantman50

Margarita10

o
Thanks so much...

I got to go out today with a good friend for the morning, it was fun, I picked up some prizes, and when I got home, there was another wonderful pile of cards...January is going to be soo depressing when we dont get anything in the mail...

Ok, first and foremost, someone today was kind enough to add a very cute pair of snowman earrings, I apologize for not knowing who to thank...but the minute my daughter saw them....they were hers...and I have to keep all of it together to remember WHO sent What...so forgive me...but they are awesome, and thanks sooo much !!!

Sunset_in sent me 3 kinds of Jap MG, and Rudbeckia "chocolate orange", thanks soo much, I just love them ! I am goin to have the best looking garden this summer

godsgardener ( I love your garden BTW) sent me red canna, purple coneflower, 2 sunflowers, and coreopsis. Thanks so much, I just cant wait to WS them all, and would love for my yard to look half as good as yours does !

mommyto2 send me a garden full of seeds...sunflower 'incredible', Rudbeckia cappachino, 3 coneflowers,gloriosa lily, and gaillardia razzle dazzle. Thanks so much, I love each one, and am SOO looking forward to WS'ing.

Morguegirl, I soo wanted the cinnamon Basil when I saw everyone getting it, and someone kindly offered it to me also, and I said Id wait till next season, I am so excited, thanks. I also recd red canna, and I just love to watch them grow from seed. Thanks !

Divaheather sent me another garden full of seeds, I think I must have the largest selection of seeds out there..LOL (besides Alana, and micrey that is..LOL) pot marigolds, LITHOPS (OH THANKS SOO MUCH ) DESERT ROSE, I just love growing them, love the caduex (SP?) columbines, evening Primrose, and verbascum. Thanks !

Taz56, sent some really adorable stickers, and I also claimed the dried flower ones..and Ill share the stickers with some of my old students. The red madavilla, and clematis will look so nice in the garden, thanks !

Galium sent me a really cute Christmas tree card with some help to my families Christmas..My kids would not have had anything this season ,if it wasnt for all of your kindness, thannnnks !

I recd a nice card from just1morehosta today...I love the skating scene, and thanks so much for thinking of me ! ( again...LOL)

Carol57078 sent me a cute wreath card, with BRUG seeds, OMG ! and gaillardia burgandy, columbine, and some great peony poppies. Thanks for sharing your seed wealth with me !

vikingkirken sent the cutest homemade card from her 2 year old...I just love it, I miss teaching something terrible. Thank you for helping to give my kids a Christmas !! I love the zinnia,zebra grass, and Marigolds, thanks !

Lori, what is your daughters first name ?

Last but never least...I recd a card and seeds from CarolynP, she sent me such a wonderful selection of seeds to start my veggie garden...( and I think the earrings?) Thanks a bunch !! Cant wait to get them growing...YIPPEE!

I was sincere when I asked for people not to send to me, BUT I have SOOOOOOOOO enjoyed every card, and every pack of seeds !!!

thanks to all of you for making my garden a magical place, and for being such a wonderful group of friends !

Kym

o
day 8....

**********12 days of Christmas ********** Day 8

I apologize for being so late tonight, we didnt have internet service here most of the day.

What song contains "Lets be Jolly, deck the halls w/boughs of holly"

What State recognized Christmas first as an official holiday ?

In "Charlie Browns Christmas", who plays the innkeeper ?

o

JUST1MOREHOSTA, I'm having a ball!

Okay, so I asked Kym if I could offer up veggie seeds here and she said that would be fine. I have for the taking the following seeds.

black diamond cucumber
melon-casaba
russian black tomato-nyagous
melon-kazachka
green zebra
melon-royal golden
bosch pear
bronze fennel
broadleaf mustard
melon-zolatistaya
black cumin
watermelon-sweet siberian
melon-canoe creek
melon-moon and stars
mixed pumpkin
peter peppers

Please email me @ oemech4@aol.com so we don't clog up this thread.

Lisa

o

Hi Kym,

The snowman earrings were from me. Glad your daughter liked em.

Amy

o

This is such a wonderful project and so in the spirit of Christmas. No one can really know how such a small kindness can lift the spirit of someone else. I am so lifted and touched by everyone's kindness. I had written to Kim telling her that I had not been able to send my seeds due to husband being sick and to the ER and daughter having pneumonia and out of school for 1 week. In addition to this, I am a nurse, and in my dept there are 3 of us. However, one had her baby early, and the other had surgery within days, and I am the only one working in my dept, so it's been extra difficult juggling all this. Well, yesterday I got the Christmas cards and today got all the seeds packaged and addressed. I hope to mail them this week. I leave and come home before/after the post office, but my son comes home from college Wednesday and he can mail them for me. So I want to thank all the folks who have kept me going with my daily packages in the mail, and lots of Christmas cards displayed in the living room. Here goes:
Kathryn/goldfish liberator - cosmos seashells
carol/just1morehosta - cosmos, joe pye weed
patricia/dirtduchess - basil, chives
heather - basil, calendula, luffa, cosmos, eggplant
kamil - dill, forget me not, calendula
amy/morguegirl - cosmos, calendula (don't you wonder how some of us got our screen names???)
paula - calendula, nicotiana, cosmos
vigi - eggplant
kim/misskimmie - lemon balm, garlic chives
ellie/aphroditelaughs - calendula, queen anne's lace, millet, sunflowers, st john's wort
wilhelmina (my grandmother's name) / hummy1 - toad lily, nicotiana
helen/gammy1 - dragon's claw millet
nancy/peaches20 - calendula, nicotiana
dorothy - joe pye weed chocolate
amy/flowers1 - red carpet sunflower
sybil - various nicotiana, nasturtium
sandra/quiltingfox - 4 o'clocks, 4 ft cosmos, MG dark purple, impatiens, marigolds
kim/kimsgarden - purple majesty millet
nancy - joe pye weed, wild sunflower maxtomillion
And finally, here are the states from which I have rec'd seeds: SC, TX, NY, CA, WA, GA, LA, WV, OH, MI, MD, CT, IN, IL, VA, PA, NC, FL. WOW! THANKS! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
from Laurie/louisiana

o

I received the cutest card today from proudgm_03 with daylily seeds.(my favorite).Thank you so much and I hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS....Velvet

o

I went to check the mail today and got a nice package from divahethr.

Bird Of Paradise
Chamomile

Thank you very much! This has brighten up my day even more. :)

-David

o

I returned home from out of town Saturday evening to find my first card from Kiddo with Amaryllis clown and Orange Amaryllis. Thanks so much Melaine

Today, Monday, I came home from work to find a christmas wrapped envelope from agirlsgirl/Angie with an abundance of my wants and extras that I do want even though I didn't know it before :-) LOL Geranium 'splish splash', Columbine 'Lime Sorbet' & purple, Violet mix, Lambs Ear, Gaillardia 'Razzle Dazzle','Dazzler' & 'Goblin', Agastache 'Coronado' & 'Sunset', aster purple, and knautia macedonia. Wow, what a generous surprise. It blessed my socks off. :-) Thanks so much Angie.

Also, keep checking those mail boxes. I sent many out on Dec 1st and a bunch more out today plus I have four more that I need extra postage for so I have to go to the Post office tomorrow. I haven't noticed my name yet on received emails, but they are on their way. :-) Pam

o

I re'd 2 more cards today!!!

threas kiss me over the garden gate and spanish eyes vine
flowers1 4 o'clocks

Thanks Theresa and Amy I can't wait to start planting!!!
Dorothy

o

I recieved 2 cards today:
From proudgm_03-Becky A nice sleigh/horse card and how on earth it didn't get shredded I have NO idea, the envy was completely chewed up, the back was ripped completely off the front was badly mangled BUT the seeds and card were fine! What to know whats so funny? She wrote on the outside of the ency and HIGHLIGTHED non-machineable! (and it went in anyway!)They were nice enough to put it in a little plastic bag! The seeds are: dahlia mix THANKS!!!
Fcoffil sent a cute Christmas tree card with snowmen on it, too cute!
Seeds:Tagets 'Star Fire" will have to look it up
Tarragon
Feverfew
Basil Genovese
Frances, thank you, you didn't have to send out to receive. But I thank you. I just wish you hadn't, but I do appreciate it. I just hope you didn't feel as though you HAD to mail me one back.

WE are all getting spoiled with all these cars...lol

KYM how could we NOT send to you? YOU created this, you had to receive SOMETHING!

:) Fran

o

Just received a card from proudgm -03 - yellow zinnias and green envy mix - Thanks so much! Kelly

o

My mailbox had 2 cards today :)

Tomatos from Dirtdiggin and Butterfly bushs and tomatos from Chemocurl.

Thanks so much Toni and Sue.
Again, Kym... This is such a great idea. Only... when I get a "regular" christmas card, I'm like... "... no seeds :("

Thanks again everyone.
Andrea

o
Thank you AMY !!

Amy, again I apologize...they are sooo adorable, and she will enjoy them, as will I. We are really close, and share just about everything. THANK YOU !!

Someone asked if they could use my picture...sure as long as it doesnt end up on someones website...That is actually my back yard, and I just love to watch the snow cover them.

I have soo enjoyed the garden photos..thanks so much for sharing !!

Mao, you made a comment about keeping the giving going all year, we have decided to do just that....come to the other thread, and join the Bday swap, if you would like to keep it going all year.

Kiddo, if you read this......I am sorry for disappointing you on the bday swap...We didnt want to do a Bday swap in Dec due to wanting to do THIS SWAP AGAIN...would you consider still joining us, and having everyone send to you at the very end of November ??

Some people have mailed cards last Monday, that are just getting "home" so please be patient..and more are being mailed this week.

PLEASE EMAIL LISA, AND GIVE THOSE GREAT SEEDS A HOME !!! Thanks Lisa for offering to share them with the others !

Ok, if you want to do the How many words out of "twas the night before Christmas"...you can post AS many words as you can ....see who can get the most..

Anyone up for a fun game of "bingo "...Let me know if there is an interst.

Sleep well everyone, good night !

Kym

o

Kym,

No need for an apology. Christmas is for the kiddies. I am glad they were such a big hit in your household.

Amy

o

Today I would like to thanks the following "secret santas" for sending me their lovely cards and goodies!

From Helma (hummy1), I got: Agastache Golden Jubilee and Agastache Foeniculum. These are just great! I am excited to see how the foeniculum turns out!

From Amanda (spookycharles) I got: Amaranth Love Lies Bleeding. I loooove this variety and as of yet didn't have it! Thanks!

From Alana (poisondartfrog), I got: Agastache Golden Jubilee and Salvia Azurea Grandiflora. I didn't expect to see salvia grandiflora! I really wanted it and almost thought of buying it!

Thanks all!

JJ

o

today, I got 2 more!!! YES!
I got a cute Ginger bread man card with Amaryllis seeds!!!!! oh Dorothy thank you sooooo much ((((((HUG)))))))
Another one is from Heather(divahethr) with a cute happy feet card and pak choi(yum) chamomile(yes! always what this) mixed dahlia,chinese parsly,and white rose of sharon!!!!!!whoooo hoooooo~~~
I love you all!
I love Santa!!!

o

Hey, the earrings weren't from me, but it was a great idea!
I got a beautiful card from vikingkirken and some calabrese broccoli, small sweet sugar pie pumpkin, and tollie's sweet pepper seeds! TY so much! I can't wait to try growing these.

o

Two more cards!

Thanks to misskimmie for cosmos sensation picotee (gorgeous!) and alyssum maritimum "tall sweet." You can never have too much of that delicious honey scent in the garden!

Thanks to November_sky for echinacea white swan--one of my all time favorites!

Kathryn

o

• Posted by elf7 zone6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 6:31

Thank you Kiddo, that is such a cute snowman card and the
Red Disco Belle Hibiscus! A new hibiscus to plant!!!!!!!!!
I'm in heaven! Thanks so much!
maria

o

Yes, I hope people continue to check their mailboxes. I was ill, and still with not alot of energy , so my cards are going out slowly. Sent some yesterday, some will go today, and will still have more to go. Have a wonderful day everyone! You all are amazing at the amount of seeds and selections! Melinda

o

keep mailboxing everyone, I'm sending out the last of my cards today.

Lisa

o

Many cards have come in since I posted last with thanks. I'd like to thank these folks for the sweet cards and seeds ...

Kiddo Beauty Berry (I don't even know what these are and will need to search, but I bet they'll be pretty with a name like that!)
colcol seeds for 4 different colors of hollyhock (various pinks and black). Can't wait to see these!
Dan sunflower, Shasta daisy, blanketflower, light pink hollyhocks and money plant. Thanks for sharing, Dan!
pumkingal red yucca flower, cosmos and cottage hollyhock mix. These will be gorgeous in my garden.
poisondartfrog Purple Majesty millet and Orlaya grandiflora (I will have to research the Orlaya because I am not familiar with it).

Thanks, everyone, for your generosity. I haven't had the time to read all the posts with the thanks but will catch up soon. I enjoy seeing what delightful items everyone else has received BUT, unfortunately, it gives me a hankering for those things, too. Sheesh!

Kathie

o

My cards are still trickling out as well. Sorry Kym, I just got behind with work being so hectic and being sick with this cold that my DH so generously shared with me. :P I'm spraying everything down with Lysol to avoid sharing it further. Thankfully all my seeds were already packaged, just needed to be added to the cards!

And to be honest, you can't really tell there's an economic slump from my perspective at work. I work in Lawn and Garden at Wal~Mart and right now we have all the Christmas decorations in our department. I know Edmond is a wealthy town (all the doctors, attorneys, tv personalities, many government staff and officials, etc for Oklahoma City live here)but it still makes my eyes go wide when someone spends over $500 on LIGHTS! I could do ALL my Christmas shopping for that!!!

But, to balance that, I have had a couple of heart-warming moments that have made me believe that there are still many, many very generous people here. One, and to me the most touching, was a little boy about 10-11 who came through the doors clutching a ziploc baggie of coins. He asked where the lights were and I directed him back to them. A few minutes later he came up with a 300 ct light set. I rang it up and he said "all I have is this change", so I told him we'd count it out. While I was doing that, I said "so, are you just buying these for yourself?" He replied " Yeah.. well.. my parents are doing so much for Christmas and decorating.. I just wanted to do my part and help them" Now how sweet is that?!

Another was a woman that came through after checking out on the front registers. She stopped and asked me to check her receipt. She apparently knew the folks I was in the process of checking out. The man asked was that mounded cart filled with things because her "all" her grandchildren were coming for Christmas. She looked down a moment, then back up with this amazing, sweet smile and replied "No, they won't be here again this year. These things are for a charity I support for disadvantaged children." On the ticket were not only toys, but alarm clocks, misc toiletries, etc.

And the third that stands out for me is a lady that came through with TWO carts piled high with lots of toys. While ringing her up, we started talking. I commented that someone was going to have a wonderful Christmas. She mentioned that it was for a thing her child's school has. I said "Oh, like a Santa Store?" And asked if she had a tax exempt number, that I could abort the transaction and do it again using her tax ID. She kind of beat about it for a moment, then smiled and said "No, it's not for the school to let the children shop.. it's for the school to give away to children at the school who wouldn't have a Christmas otherwise" I said, well, that's wonderful! If you have the school's tax ID, we can still use it." She replied "Well, see... my children never, ever do without anything... so I'm buying these things to give thanks that my children never know want or need. My family has been very fortunate, and I know others aren't. So, this is my way of giving back... and giving thanks. Each one that I pick out and wrap is another prayer that it will bring joy and hope.. and a prayer of thanksgiving is wrapped with each one." I was speechless! It was the most amazing thing! I actually had tears in my eyes as I finished ringing her purchase! Then I had to hug her for that thought. And let's keep in mind, these were top of the line toys. Batman, Transformers, Barbie.. things children would love to have. Over $800 worth.

These are things that stand out to me. The amazingly giving spirit of people. Even those who are above need and want. To think about and consider that not all are as fortunate. To me, this is what Christmas is about. Not costly gifts or sparkling wrapping. It's the love, joy, thanksgiving and understanding nature it's given with.

In that spirit, I want to thank each of you for joining this swap. And I want to encourage each of you to choose an Angel from the Angel tree at Wal~Mart, or another helping organization of your choice. I've not finished my shopping yet, there have been setbacks.. but each year, each of my children give up a gift and ask for the money I would have spent on that. They then ask to go to choose their angel. Then they shop, with that money and other money they've saved for this purpose through the year. They do this themselves. I never mention or suggest it. My new husband was amazed last year when they each came to us, at different times to ask to do this. And the present they choose to give up is usually the most expensive one I was planning to buy. They ask what the range of their gifts are, I give them a dollar amount that covers the ranges and they usually choose the most expensive or pretty close to it. Children are much more generous than people realize. :)

Sorry for the "novel" here... I just felt the need to share :) I hope no one minds!

Kathy

o

Oh happy mailboxing to me!! I received two more yesterday, for a total of 8 cards!!
Elf7: celosia red velvet, hosta, zinnia and dahlia mix, and round carrots. I had been thinking about trying to grow carrots in a large tote, so now I have some seeds to experiment with.
Suze62: unknown lily- I love surprises, so these will be fun to grow- cool!!
I still have 2 cards to mail out, hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks for the Christmas spirit stories Kathy, its good to hear that many still remember what this season is for.

o

I have received some incredibly bad news over the past couple days and reading about how others are sharing and caring about everyone here has kept me from becoming very depressed. The Christmas spirit is so alive here there is no way I could get depressed. I truly believe it is the small things that count. Some people think I am crazy and weird to get excited about getting a packet or 2 of seeds in the mail. They just don't understand how these mean more to me than diamonds. You ALL have made this holiday season so much better for me.

If you are of a mind to pray though I am asking for a few prayers for some people I care so much about. First my best friend, Elaine, has had some major surgery on her back and we don't know if she will be paralized or not. Second, one of our wonderful male nurses, Ken, at work was found by his wife laying on the bathroom floor and later died. He was only 42 and left behind 2 young children...please pray for this family. Third, my son got laid off from work and we simply don't know how ends will meet...but God has always been good to us and has helped us through these tough times before so I KNOW somehow things will be ok.

I am sorry this is so down but I feel like the people here can really lift up our spirits at this sad time.

Lisa, I also sent you an email regarding your generous offer of seeds.

Thank you all so much for the love and caring being so generously given this Christmas.

XOXO

Kim

o

Kym,

My daughter's name is Kirsten ;) She had SOO much fun helping with those cards! It made me realize I don't do enough arts-and-crafts projects with her... and was a sweet opportunity to start teaching her what Christmas is really about!

Lori

o

Kathy, I really enjoyed reading what you wrote. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Soonergrandmom, check out soonerplantfarm.com for Japanese Maple seeds. They are 70 miles east of Tulsa. Sometimes they have seeds, sometimes they don't. Many they sell are pregerminated. I've not purchased any because I'm going to winter sow some I purchased from T&M.

They also have a World Changer program going on. Make a donation ranging from $3 to $10 and they will send you a Japanese Maple ranging in size from 6" to 24". It can't be done seperately. Must be part of any order.

Seedmama

o
re: update: secret santa seed swap #7 - TAKE 2

ishareflowers,

How do you collect Japanese Maple seeds? I read somewhere that they have to be fresh, and kept moist, or they won't germinate... but I can't imagine that's true, since my trees reseed all over the place too. I have a really pretty one next to the house that I could share seeds from, but I want to be sure I'm collecting/storing them properly...

Lori

o

Santa came to my house again today!!! Thanks so much to Angie (agirlsgirl) for the wonderful batch of seeds she sent! She sent 15 packs and I am thrilled with them all and all were ones I didn't have!! Yeah! You are truly a sweetheart! Melinda

o

Kathy, thanks for sharing your experiences with us....its so uplifting! Its amazing how you seem to see the most giving during times when most folks are going through financial struggles. No matter how tight things are, many people often still find the funds or some other way to give to others in need. Its great knowing that humanity still has a heart!

Word game:

1. best 2. wishes 3.winter 4. time 5. ice 6. train 7. crown 8. gown 9. grinch 10. care 11. coat 12. scarf 13. mittens 14. hat
15. trim 16. father 17. mother 18. son 19. crib 20.stew 21. Right 22. Better 23. Brain 24. From 25. Fairest 26. Cow 27. Crow 28. Cream 29. Afar
30. Twitch 31. Switch 32. Watch 33. Match 34. Wear 35. Tear 36. Fear 37. Car 38. Bear 39. Bring 40. Shoes 41. News 42. Ham
43. String 44. Lights 45. Shine 46. Sow
47. Chew 48. Steam 49. Wife 50. Frown
51. Contrast 52. Beam 53. Thing 54. Rest
55. Barter 56. Bestow 57. Wing 58. Sing
59. Bring 60. Great

....there are still so many more words that can be used, let's see how many more we can come up with...

o

Kathy, Thank you for sharing your stories of generosity. The last one had me in tears too.

Kim, I will keep your family, Elaine and Ken's family in my prayers.

Pat

o

Kathy, your stories brought me to tears. I think it is wonderful when others can and will help those who can't help themselves in the moment. Not just at Christmas, but any time someone is in need. I try to do what I can when I can too. Whether it is money or a helping hand.

Kim, I am sorry to hear about all you mentioned. Ken at 42 hits home for me. Your son getting laid off does too. I am sure your friend will be just fine, DON'T think negative about it. Have a positive outlook you have to have HOPE during these trying times, don't ever forget that! I am sure we all will say a little pray for each of them.

Hope and Faith everyone remember.

o

Pam,I am so glad you liked them!!! I loved the opportunity to spoil you a bit! :)

Kathy,I'd like to thank you also for sharing those moments with us,they were very sweet and inspiring! And your kids are awesome,it is such a great feeling when they do something like that on their own,you know then, that you have lead them down the right path, and this will be part of their nature for the rest of their lives! :)

Kim,you have my prayers! That is alot of tragedy in one punch,just know there will be many prayers and good thoughts coming that way! Hugs!:)

And Melinda you are sooooo very welcome,I am so glad you like them all! You have been so good to me in the past,it was so nice to be able to send a little sunshine your way! :)

I haven't been mailboxing yet,I have already received more cards than I thought I would,I couldn't imagine there would be more....but I will run to that mailbox anyway!...lol..Again thanks to everyone that has sent me a card,like all of you,my days have been so uplifted by this! Oh and I will be hitting the rate and review soon to leave great feedback for all of those that sent to me,I didnt forget! ;)

o

Got another card today! :)
Thank you fcoffill for the 4 O'Clock seeds. (I LOVE 4 O'Clocks!!)

Andrea

o

Thank you micyrey for the quilting fabric - big hugs. Hoping to get my craft/computer table cleaned off by January so I can start another large quilt, and of course it will have flowers in it. I quilt in the winter when it is too cold to do much gardening and in the summer when the heat gets too overwhelming to be out much mid-day.

Jaleeisa thanks for sharing your Christmas stories - they are very uplifting. And thank you Kym for the snow photos. Having lots of rain and flooding in central LA today. And if everyone can please pray for my cousin's wife Janie - she could use some prayers in her recovery from a bad carwreck.

Best to all with warm wishes sent your way,
quiltingfox

o
RE: Candy Recipe

LOL Rainy weather makes me hungry and it rains a lot in LA. So here is a recipe that I learned how to make in my high school cooking class many years ago that I would like to share (I unfortunately do not know what cookbook it came out of - if anyone knows please share as I am sure it has other great recipes):

Martha Washington Candy

1/2 c. butter
2 boxes confectioners' sugar (powdered)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 c. chopped pecans
package of bark chocolate

Soften butter. Combine butter, sugar, and condensed milk; mix until smooth. Work pecans into mixture then shape in to 1 inch balls. Place candy balls on wax paper-lined tray; chill until firm (place in freezer). Melt chocolate and dip candy balls using a toothpick into the chocolate. Place chocolate covered candy balls back on to wax paper-lined tray and place back in freezer to harden. Store in freezer until use. If you serve these at a party or family gathering I would place them in a dish and then place that dish in another that is filled with ice water - they only stay firm if they are cold. This is a Very Sweet treat.

Best to you and good eating,
quiltingfox

o

(Plant-one-on-me)Kim I was sorry to hear your news. I have added you to my prayer list and also those you asked prayers to be said for. Sad at anytime its especially hard during this time of year.
Kathy thanks for the wonderful stories. Yes it seems the worst the economy gets the more generous people become. I took part in our local food drive last week. Our community has been hit hard by the economic down turn and we didnt expect to make our goal but we were so wrong. People just seem to dig deeper during hard times. Many said they were facing hard times but were giving as a way of saying thanks for what they do have. I saw people who obviously didnt have much show up to donate food. My heart was touched by the little ones who came to give their old coat for the Coats for Kids drive. A brother and sister brought me to tears as they each gave a toy to Toys for Tots. They said they were each getting two toys so they wanted to give one of them to kids who wouldnt be getting any. Their mother was so proud of them as well she should be. She said they thought of it themselves and know the toys wont be replaced as she cant afford to do it. They each picked out one of their already wrapped gifts opened it and brought it down to donate it. Just warms your heart.
Bernie

o

These are all such heart warming stories,i too, believe.when times are the hardest,is when we are all at our very best,thing come more into focus as to our own Needs and Wants.
For all of you going through hard times my thoughts are with you as well,
Just yesterday, i was thinking of all the energy in the air,i was full of joy with receiving more cards and seeds, way more than i ever would have though,at the same time, my dear Aunt is dying in the hospital,my cousin having to watch her mom like this,every one of us has a story i am sure,i like to remember this all times of the year,when ever some one looks angry,or short with you,remember,you really don't know what is going on in their lives at the moment, a smile can melt a broken heart.Sitting at the mall the other day,i love to watch people,every one was scurring about,each with their own thoughts,some happy, other,not.We can all add a bit of joy with simple thing,as we have all been doing here,for each other,a simple pack of flower seeds can bring on the biggest smile,and i,for one,am thankful.

Guess what i got today?***

From Spookycharles**oh my gosh,4 packs of the greatest seeds**

I received**KMOTGG**Cinderella Pumpkin***so wanted these***
Butterfly weed*asclepias tuberosa

AND

Dutchmans pipe vine,another one i SOOOOOOO wanted.
Thank you Amanda,you are so generous.

From fcffiill**I received Jap.Morning glories-Hatso Arashi,thank you so very much Frances,by the way,you have beautiful handwriting.I hope we are all helping to make your Christmas a little brighter. :0)

Merry Christmas to all of you,i have been the grateful receiver of so many wonderful cards and seeds,way more that i thought.

Carol

o

hello
I got 2 cards in the mail yesterday
dorthy in GA sent hibiscus seeds
proudgm_03 sent coleus
thank you very much for thinking of me
they are very much appritiated
HUGGS
michelle

o

I am becoming conditioned. We have a mail slot instead of a mailbox. Whenever I hear the "thump" of our mail landing, I drop what I am doing, and run for the front door.

Today I got Sweet Peas from proudgm (Becky).

Thank you so much!

o

I am always pleased when I see people give and I see many examples of that giving spirit. I am the chairman for a church group that makes childrens clothing that is sent around the word. I have a friend that is not a member of my church but became very interested in my project. Last year I made mostly dresses and she would call to see how many I had made, etc. Finally I said Linda, I stopped counting at 60, but I am still sewing. She asked me if I thought she could do what I do. She is a very talented seamstress so I said, "Of course you can." I prepared the fabric and patterns to mail to her, but she called back and said they were driving over to get them. This is a three hour drive. She started buying her own fabric to use herself, then her friends who learned what she was doing also donated fabric and money for trim, fabric, etc. She has brought me 48 dresses for this project this year. She is almost 70 years old and has never had children of her own. She brings me a dozen at a time and when she brings them to me, we take them out of the box one by one, and sometimes we both cry. I told her there would be a blessing in each little dress, and she has felt this throughout the project.

I have only made a few dresses this year because I have been making shirts, but there is a blessing in those also. My son lives in Nigeria, Africa and he says it is not unusual to see a 5 or 6 year old child on the street totally nude. Everytime I finish a little dress or shirt, I hold it up and tear up thinking that some child in Africa, or South America, or even Texas may need that little piece of clothing, and it makes me want to sew the next one.

I have been blessed to find bargains on fabric (my husband is very generous) and I have be blessed to have friends that have donated yards and yards of fabric so we can keep the cost under control. People are generous. They want to help. I will put the URL of a pic of a few on the bottom of the thread in case you want to look.

I have to leave now to go visit with a friend that lost her husband yesterday and see what we need to do to help. He was in church on Sunday and died on Monday. Tough on families anytime, but worse at Christmas, I think.

I have enjoyed this swap, getting to know all of you, and my prayers and thoughts go out to you as you suffer loss and heartache through this rough time. You have all been very generous and fun.

Ishareflowers - I would love to try the cumin, any tomato, or pepper if you find yourself with extras. Just let me know what I need to send you. And yes, I have seen a picture of that naughty pepper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clothing Project

o

2 More for today!!!!Thanks:
morguegirl~cosmos sensation,zinnia mixed,columbine(suprise color!)
sunset_in~columbine mixed colors,JMG Hatsu Arashi!!!,& Rudbeckia chocolate orange

These beat getting bills anyday!!

later...April

o

Today my mailboxing was extra special!:)
I watched out the front window as my mailman put a large sized bubble envy in my mailbox,I wondered to myself,"what could that be?",I don't have any trades out there that are that large and my Mom always sends in a box,so I put my slippers on and ran down the drive way and seen that the return address was from Carol (just1morehosta)! Well,I ran back up the driveway and into the house,tossed aside cards from loved ones and tore open the bubble envy,inside was a beautifully wrapped present...for me!!!! I was so moved when I seen what was inside! Carol sent me the most beautiful ornament, that you could tell came from the heart! I am so touched by her gift and that she thought so much of me! Thanks Carol,you really gave me such a good feeling and I wish I could give you the biggest hug! Oh and I am sorry to hear about your Aunt,your family has my prayers.:)

I was hesitant to join this swap at first,I didn't think I would have the time to commit and I didn't want to disappoint anybody,but I am so glad Kym gave me that little extra push I needed,this has been so good for my soul,and has given me the great opportunity to meet a few more of you that I hadn't had the pleasure of trading with just yet! Again thanks so much for so many wonderful moments,you guys are priceless! Hugs all around!:)

o
2nd try on rejected message

I am always pleased when I see people give and I see many examples of that giving spirit. I am the chairman for a church group that makes childrens clothing that is sent around the word. I have a friend that is not a member of my church but became very interested in my project. Last year I made mostly dresses and she would call to see how many I had made, etc. Finally I said Linda, I stopped counting at 60, but I am still sewing. She asked me if I thought she could do what I do. She is a very talented seamstress so I said, "Of course you can." I prepared the fabric and patterns to mail to her, but she called back and said they were driving over to get them. This is a three hour drive. She started buying her own fabric to use herself, then her friends who learned what she was doing also donated fabric and money for trim, fabric, etc. She has brought me 48 dresses for this project this year. She is almost 70 years old and has never had children of her own. She brings me a dozen at a time and when she brings them to me, we take them out of the box one by one, and sometimes we both cry. I told her there would be a blessing in each little dress, and she has felt this throughout the project.

I have only made a few dresses this year because I have been making shirts, but there is a blessing in those also. My son lives in Nigeria, Africa and he says it is not unusual to see a 5 or 6 year old child on the street totally nude. Everytime I finish a little dress or shirt, I hold it up and tear up thinking that some child in Africa, or South America, or even Texas may need that little piece of clothing, and it makes me want to sew the next one.

I have been blessed to find bargains on fabric (my husband is very generous) and I have be blessed to have friends that have donated yards and yards of fabric so we can keep the cost under control. People are generous. They want to help. I will put the URL of a pic of a few on the bottom of the thread in case you want to look.

I have to leave now to go visit with a friend that lost her husband yesterday and see what we need to do to help. He was in church on Sunday and died on Monday. Tough on families anytime, but worse at Christmas, I think.

I have enjoyed this swap, getting to know all of you, and my prayers and thoughts go out to you as you suffer loss and heartache through this rough time. You have all been very generous and fun.

Ishareflowers - I would love to try the cumin, any tomato, or pepper if you find yourself with extras. Just let me know what I need to send you. And yes, I have seen a picture of that naughty pepper.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clothing Project

o
Oops sorry.

I thought my message posted, but came down stairs 10 minutes later to see a rejected message. I tried again and you got double. Probably wasn't worth saying the first time..........then you got it twice. Sorry.

o

Oh but all of your stories are worth sharing! This swap is about the Christmas spirit and I love hearing about others. I'm praying for those you mentioned Kim. Thanks for sharing.
I got two envelopes today.
Terry (tergrov) sent a bubble envy packed with these seeds: Lavender stock (wow!), red salvia, Gazania (I really wanted this!), red zinnia, pink salvia (I only have blue so the red and pink will be great to see), Pink zinnia, CALLA LILY (one of my most favorites!!!), Mixed zinnias, and nicotania. I am humbled, Terry, thanks so much!
I also received another bubble envy packed with seeds from Ginger (ggwrn), Nicotania deep velvet purple perfume (what a cool name!), agastache purple haze (never even heard of this variety, I can't wait to see it!), Centaurea blue diadem (this is so special thanks!), amaranthus elephant head:):):), amaranthus autumn pallette, agastache anise hyssop, and Zinnia red spider!!!
I am so excited to try all of these varieties of agastache and amaranthus. I never knew there were so many. I'm also thinking that I want to do a red bed in honor of all the pretty reds I've gotten in this swap. It's going to be Christmas all year long!!!!!! Thanks again, Nikki

o

I received a beautiful card from retsec/Nancy yesterday. She gifted me with two different colors of Hibiscus mutabilis. I am delighted!
She also sent pink mexican petunias and edible quince, both of which I truly wanted. Thank you so much Nancy! All of these will get pride of place in my garden.

That was great! I don't always pick up the mail every evening but I think I will make a point of it tonight, just in case.

Alana

o

I got two more surprises when I went mailboxing today!

One was from JUst1morehosta and it had the cutest felt seed envy with little bluestem grass and blue-violet lupin seeds.

The other was from dirt-under-my-nails she sent black scabiosa seeds and a card with a cute little note that said "you can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt"
SOOOO TRUE!

Thank you's to the both of you!
Lisa

o

OMG soonergrandmom, it was MORE than worth the first time and maybe others will actually see it the second time. Lift your chin and know you are doing something SO VERY SPECIAL!!!!!!

It's a beautiful thing that you are doing and so touching! Any gift to those in need is worth mentioning and so appreciated...makes our hearts open up and want to give more. Hand made gifts are the BEST! And gifts of clothing to those who are in need...there just isn't a word that can express how wonderful that is! If there were more people in this world who worried less about things they want and more about others needs, it would really be a better place.

Bless you for your creative touch and open heart.

o

I heard the mailman coming and saw him put what I thought was a bubble envelope in the mailbox. I went out to the mailbox and there were two envies for me.

mommyto2 sent Agastache 'Golden Jubilee', Pink Balsam, Castor Bean 'Carmencita Red', Cleome Mix, and Yvonne's Salvia. Yippee!!! I have been wanting Yvonne's Salvia since I first read about it on the winter sowing forum. The envie was clearly marked "SEEDS DO NOT CRUSH" but it looks like it went through quite an ordeal getting here. In spite of that, the seeds all arrived in perfect shape.

spookycharles sent Agastache, Cleome 'White Queen' Dark Italian Parsley and Liatris spicata 'Kobold'.

Thank you both so much for your generosity. I am feeling so blessed. I can't wait to start sowing all of the seeds I've received.

Pat

o

Hello All! Kathy, I'm sending you an e-mail concerning your Goth-Garden.
Today I received a great card from Becky/proudgm-03! There were a couple of kittens on the front (very cool!), and it included a packet of black hollyhocks, which I'm going to grow in my Halloween/memorial garden. Becky, Paula was just as excited as I am about putting in the Halloween garden, so I'm making it into a memorial garden in her honor. Those hollyhock seeds will look great! Thank you!

-Dan

o

Found two cards in the mail today...both loaded with seeds!

Heather (Divahethr) sent Batflower -white (I sooo wanted these! ), Desert Rose, Luffa Gourd & Stevia....all are seeds from my wish list!

Cathy (mao_tse_mom) sent a cute card FULL of Named Hosta seeds!!!! I got Big Daddy, Elegans, Francis Williams, June, Bright Lights, Bold Ribbons & Dance with Me... these are perfect for my boys' hosta/shade garden!!! (& the boys just love the little floral seed evies!!!).

Thank you both for filling so many of my seed wishes...y'all both ROCK!!!!

SmileyCentral.com

o

I'm sitting here doing more cards to go out (some just went out and more for tomorrow) and asked my husband to go mailboxing on his way in from work. I really didn't expect anything, but he said I got one today! He brought it to me here at the table. I couldn't stand waiting until later as I have done with some of the other cards until it was quiet around here, so I opened it right up.

Wow, wow, wow... several tears later.... more wow... these are some things I thought for sure I wouldn't get this swap or for a looong while in trading for that matter. Thank you so much, Heather (divahethr)!... for sending:

bay leaf
miracle fruit
red currants
saw palmetto
passiflora edulis
chinese lantern

Oh, my heavens... you all have blown me away!

I also like reading all the giving and caring stories. This is the first year since the year my brother passed away that I actually feel like celebrating, and it's all because of you all!

I am still praying for others, but want you to know, Kim, that I've added your family, too.

I'm sorry it's taken me longer to get batch 2 and 3 out than I thought.

I'm doing homemade cards, and they are much more work than I originally thought! LOL Those of you that get my "practice" cards, please forgive me for some minor imperfections as I got better with them the more I did. LOL

Blessings,
Angela

o

I received more mail today! Thank you so much for the seeds and cards from divahethr and flowers1. It definitely makes my day brighter!

Thanks!

w9yards

o

I received two more wonderful cards today.

From divahethr I received a cute little Happy Feet card that made the cutest star for my Christmas card tree and she sent coreopsis sunray, violet mix, thyme, delphinium magic fountains, echinacea purple coneflower and verbascum. I have been wanting to try verbascus for so long and couldn't get any seeds. Thank you!

The last of my cards and seeds went out today. (Unless, I just decide I have to be an elf to someone else before Christmas!)

From kerai I received a wonderful card and coreopsis grandiflora seeds. Thank you!

o
thanks to all my new friends...

Kathy, thanks for sharing the wonderful stories..I truly beleive that is what the "spirit" of Christmas is all about..and I really wish more people would dig deep into their hearts and understand that...although there are 150 wonderful people HERE that have truly shown they know what Christmas really means...

Angie, I am soo glad you joined the swap, you have given soo much all year to others, I thought you deserved some thanks, and then I hear you are giving even more...I am so thankful to have friends like you...((hug)) ( I will email you later)

sonnergrm...are ya kidding. not worthy of reading....most people that give, dont like to have any attention for it...I know, I am like that...BUT WOW you do soo much good for others..It is just wonderful !! If it is ok, once our income tax comes in, I would love to donate some material.

I agree with all dirtdiggin said....I really wish more people would give, instead of worrying about how much they can get or have.

Thanks to all of you, for sharing....it is so nice to see the "good" in the world, I always said if the news stations would just report on the "good", the world would turn around.

Now, I have been MIA all day, my ISP was down, they had some electrical problem, I was going crazy with no computer...LOL So, please forgive me if I havent emailed you back today.

I recd some more wonderful cards today, I cant that you all enough !!

Fran, your card was the only one I had trouble receiving, so PLEASE let me know if It is missing anything...

cinnamon basil ( I am soo excited to get this one !!)sunflowers; lemon queen, apricot twist, strawberry blonde, lemmon queen, chianti hybrid, autumn beauty, vanilla ice, and mammoth russian....WOW, I will have THE best sunflower garden to look at this summer YIPPPPEEEE !! Thanks Bunches.

A secret Santa, sent me some help for Christmas...I think it could be my WS buddie, and if so (((hug)) and much thanks !

Dorothy sent me a cute card, so happy looking, with yellow canna, OHHH I cant wait to get them growing, thanks !!

Frances, sent me a really cute card, with purple hyacinth bean vine, and red trumpet honeysuckle...thanks so much ! I wish you the best in the new year !!

Paula sent me a zinnnias, gaillardias, and canna mix...I am so itching to start sowing, thanks soo much !!

Kamil...we had spoke a bit thru email, and then I recd a wonderful box from him today. Kamil, I was thrilled, and I am gonna need a little guidance on how to keep the plants alive, until I can get online to read all I need to know.

Kamil grows carnivorous plants, and was generous enough to share..I will have a new passion, I can see it now...LOL Also there was two air plants, which I havent grown since I left Fla !! Also a real cute ceramic pot, with Christmas greens, glitter, and docorations..I will keep this near my bed so I can enjoy it all day...Did you make it ? There was also some everbearing rasberry cuttings, and more seeds ....this really shows how great things come in small packages. Thanks for being so giving, and generous..Now please teach me how to keep the babies alive, I would feel awful If I kill them !

I know I keep saying THANKS, but I dont know how else to let you all know what this swap has meant to me...YES, I recd some wonderful plants, bulbs, and seeds..YES, I recd some wonderful help, so my kids could have a holiday...BUT that isnt what means the most to me......Your kindness, generosity, and friendship mean more to me then words can say...I would love to come and give you each an individual hug, and enjoy a cup of tea (or coffee)

I lost most of my friends and aquantence, and contact with others almost 3 years ago, due to a car accident, I dont get out much, and this site, and all the friends I have made...has kept me from being depressed. I just want you all to know...I appreciate you ALL SO MUCH !!!

My daughters favorite saying is "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade ", she got this from a little girl named Alex, that she befriended..that had cancer..some of you may have heard of Alex's Lemonade Stand...sadly, Alex passed away but kids all over the world have kept giving in her honor..I am thankful my daughter is one of them..and I thank Alex for being such an influence on my daughter.

Soo, please remember....Life can get bad..but there is always others, that have it worse.

Ok, I am done...LOL Love ya all, thanks so much !!

Kym

o

Hi,

I believe I posted my thank you in the wrong place.

Today I received a card from dirt_under_my_nails

Triple Yellow Datura-cannot wait to grow this

Thank you so much

Margarita10

o

Thanks Kathy and soonergrandma for sharing and everyone else. I decided to do something productive today and stop worrying for a little while and got my hands a little dirty. I planted my first 5 ws containers today...I would have done more but ran out of potting mix. So far I started asparagus, alpine strawberries, garlic chives, leeks and broccoli. We will be eating good next year thanks to some of my secret santas!

Kim

o

Kym, it sounds right to me, I really don't know how many I sent. Some of all I had I know...lol.
What do you mean? Trouble? What happened to my poor little card?

NO I STILL HAVEN'T found my stamps!

:( Fran

o

I got two more cards and seeds.

Yesterday I got Montauk Daisy and a beautiful snowman card from Dorothy. Thank you so much. I can't wait to grow it.

Today I got a cute card of snowman with lots of glitter in it from Kiddo (Mealnie miller). I love glitter. I also got Clemetis - Jackmanii seeds. Thanks a lot.

Jasmine

o

I have been so touched by all of the personal stories everyone has shared. Soonergrandma, I think there is a special place in heaven for you! What you are doing brings hope in a world that is often filled with tragedy. I hope you know how special you are!!!

Kym, although I have my health, I do relate to your story. When we moved to Colorado, I left all of my family and friends behind. I love living here, but I miss them all so much. Now that we have three children, we can't afford a trip back home every year. I went home a couple of months ago for a family emergency, and ended up losing my Dad. At first, I lost interest in everything, but this swap has helped me to focus on others, instead of myself, and I'm thankful for that. I would like to ask for prayers for my siblings back home. Christmas will be especially difficult for them this year.

Even though DH thinks I spend too much time on GW, I feel connected to people here through our love of gardening. I've found that gardeners are very generous, caring people!

Bonnie

o

Today I received 5 more cards with seeds, thank you so much "
elf7 (Maria) marigolds, larkspur and hollyhock
morguegirl (Amy) marigold, zinnia, bachelor button, cosmos and amaranthus, josephs coat.
peaches20 (Nancy) marigolds and zinnias
dimples31312 (Dorothy) birhouse gourds
playintheyard (Annette) marigolds-tigereyes, cleome-sparkler bush, marigolds-pinwheel

thank you all
Lesa

o

Hey all you Wonderful Secret Santas!! More thank You's to go out!!

Suze62 - Large leaf Hosta
divahethr -Jacobs ladder, scabiosa, calendula, hosta patriot, coreopsis, , rose campion, hardy hibiscus
Lisam627 - gaillardia burgundy, blackberry lily
Dorothy in GA - Joe Pye Weed Chocolate
aphroditelaughs - red hibiscus, calendula, nigella, coreopsis

Thank You for making this one of the best Holiday seasons ever!
Ohsillyme!

o
keep mailboxing everyone !!

Ok, I just want to let everyone know......we had another 100 cards" plus" mailed out today.....so please keep checking the mailboxes..and PLEASE post when you receive.

A few people are getting worried that their cards arent being received...I really think the mail is slow...but keep an eye and let me know, k ?

I didnt hear any interest in the Bingo game...so I will hold off.

have a wonderful night, and keep warm !

Kym

o

OMG!!! I got another one today!!
thank you elf7 for sending me this wonderful christmas tree and wonderful seeds! ((((((HUG))))))

o

Frances I received your card today. Thank you for the coreopsis sweet dreams seeds and the cute snowman card! Melissa

o

today i received 3 cards with seeds.
thanks dorothy for the "chocolate" joe pye weed
heather thanks for my palm and joe pye weed seeds
becky thanks for my dahlia seed and s.a. clematis seeds
if santa bring me some bromeliad seeds i will b blessed beyound measure. thanks guys i love you all!

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 22:10

Yeah! When I got home from work and checked my mail and I received 2 more cards!!!! A lovely card from Michelle/mickrey with 5 packs of native seeds (I love them!) and a pretty card from Melanie/kiddo with a pack of Clematis serratifolia (which I can't wait to w/s).

This has been so great to have something in the mail besides bills!

Hey jaleeisa-we have the same employer! I work for Wally-world, too! This time of year it is sooo hectic for us, it just ruins the holidays for me. I work on the food side of a s/c.

Rhonda

o

Kym, I have really enjoyed the games, so I'm up for Bingo, but not until friday probably as every spare minute is going into these homemade cards. I love doing them, but I may choose a less time-consuming method next time. The seed packets are homemade, too, to go with the cards. I will never under-estimate how much work making things by hand are in the future. I've never done anything like this before, so I had no idea! LOL

Also, more prayers are going out... this time for Bonnie's family...

I, too, have wondered if my cards are being received. I've seen only one person post on the thread. Another did write me by email to tell me, too, but I figure that others must have some of them, too, as they were all sent the same day except one. I figure we just aren't going to hear from everyone, but I'm sure they're appreciated.... at least I sure hope so... LOL

Blessings,
Angela

o

Angela, I want to make my own cards next year too, I 'INTENT' to do them throughout the year. This way I can spread them out and not have to do them a few weeks before the swap starts. Something to do on those oh so rare rainy days!

Kym, I total forgot about the bingo game...I so sorry. You KNOW I am scatter-brained!

o

Today I got 2 cards with seeds! Hooray!

From Dana (seedmama) I got: Sweet William, Beauty Berry, Agastache foeniculum, and Mexican sunflower! Thank you for all the wonderful seeds! Mexican sunflower is gonna look especially pretty in my beds!

From Sue (chemocurl) I got: Cockscomb, Solidago Fireworks, and more beauty berry (don't worry about it, Sue, I'd rather have too much beauty berry than none at all!). Solidago fireworks has been of particular interest to me, but I didn't put it on my want list...now I have no excuse not to try it this year!

Thanks to you both!

JJ

o

• Posted by elf7 zone6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 23:15

I received beautiful cards and wonderful seeds today from

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!maemae0312!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Mary!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!suze62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Suzi!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dimples31312!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Dorothy!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!poisondartfrog!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Alana!

!!!!!!!!!!!!chemocurl!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you Sue!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fcofill!!!!!!!!!!!thank you Frances!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!paulan70!!!!!!!!!!thank you Paula!!!!!!!!!
I am very grateful, i hope you all have a wonderful
holiday season.
maria elf7

o

I got another card today!
From Amanda(spookycharles)
Ornament Black Pearl pepper
Dutchman's pipevine
Bush Morning Glory
4 O'clocks.
Thank you so much!
Dorothy

o

Howdy,
Heather(divahethr)
Thank U 4 the Maltese cross,Ev-primrose,Lantana,Columbine,Dahlia mix,Lavender &Celosia.
Elf
Thank U 4 the Celosia,Ev-primrose,Blk eyed susan & Zinnias.
Ev 1 have a great night:)

o
12 days of Christmas Day 9

WOW, what a day we have had here...the computer was out all day (ISP), finally get it on, and the power goes out..so that is why I am behind on posting..and everytime I would get on, the computer would go off again..LOL

**********12 days of Christmas******* Day 9

What is the name of Scrooge's deceased partner in ' A Christmas Carol'

What two reindeer are mentioned in the song " Here Comes Santa Clause"

What was the little boys name who stayed home in the movie " Home Alone"

What fabric is Frosty's Hat made of ?

OK, I hope you are enjoying the questions... PLEASE REMEMBER TO EMAIL ME THE ANSWERS ON THE 13TH, THANKS!

o

I got another card again!

Thanks plantman50 (James) for Columbine (yellow-red), melon (Honey I Dew), Grate lakes lettuce, Tomato Delicious and Asparagus (U-C157 F2) seeds.
I can't wait to WS them!

- Seiko

o

I really liked how someone was helping a lot in the stories. They really are great! I think I read from someones post about a hospital. Well yesterday I got a hospital bill over 3 grand due to tests end of last month I had to go through at 3am unexpectedly. I was shocked how simple tests and monitors made this price! It was EKG & CT Scans. This program is suppose to cover me and pay for it all, b/c no way I can. I'm hoping it's only b/c it hasn't went into the systems yet to scratch me off for money! I'm suppose to go to a bigger hospital to get EEG done to make certain I'm fine.. and was nothing more than a bad spell... I hope so much. But I'm fine, mostly.. I feel that I can't breathe as well couple times a day. Maybe I think I am when it's not. I rather think that way! The thing is.. I'm just 27. But.. I'm hoping this program will pay for it all for me. That would be a great Christmas gift. lol

I didn't want to talk about this much, b/c I don't want anyone to worry b/c it would make me worry! So I'm hoping they would clear the bill for me, instead of adding more weight to problems. That would be a great Christmas gift relieving a new debt!

By being here with you all in this swap I appreciate a lot. It helps keep my mind off my "problem" and enjoy the swap and games. :) Especially meeting new friends, sharing gardening experiences, and the good times & the bad times.

-David

o

Hi! I received another card
today! A great big Thank you
to Kiddo for the luna mix
hibiscus and card! Made my
day! Smile!
Susan/taz56

o

David hospitals are notorious for being late with bills. My son was three years old when we got the bill for his birth. DH had cataract surgery in June. The insurance company, the VA and Medicare all play their little games to see who will have to pay the least. He just got the notice today that his bills are all paid in full. DH was also taken to the hospital by ambulance in August so we are sure itll be at least two more months before those bills are paid. If I were you Id call the billing dept. and ask what the status of your bill is then try to relax and enjoy the season. I am adding you to my prayer list as well. Be well
Bernie

o

I am really enjoying reading all the posts. I feel so fortunate, being part of this wonderful group of gardeners!

Kym, Bingo sounds good to me!

Thank you so much, April(dirt_under_my_nails). I got Thunbergia alata"Salmon Shades".Can't wait to grow this!

Theresa

o

I see we have a couple more prayer requests... I will be praying for sure... I think many of us have some bigger "presents" we're hoping for for Christmas. I pray we each get what we need/want. I can already see so many of my own personal prayer requests coming to my family in just the last few days that I'm in awe! I am humbled, too, because I think the giving spirit that was started with this swap has started to make a full circle... that's the way it works, and I just feel incredibly blessed!

My number one special thing that happened was that my daughter, Hannah, came back home from the hospital this time WITHOUT another appointment to go back! That's the first time in well over a year that that has happened! Thank you to those of you who were praying for her!

I also got out more cards... I am soooo happy to be doing these... I wish I could have sent to every single person!

Blessings,
Angela

o

I think about the ones i sent to and didn't post here whether they recieved or not.I want to know if they arrive okay or not and if they liked what I sent..
This is such a sweet thing to be doing...Getting seeds from others and a card too..For me,just the card alone from clear across the country or even a neighboring state is a big thrill.Lol,I didn't realize that there were that many datura growers out there till I started getting seeds from the very generous folks here..Happy Holidays and may 2009 be our best growing year ever!

o

Good Morning all,

I have contacted everyone that expressed an interest in the veggie seeds and will mail them out as part of this swap.

I hope you all enjoy growing and EATING what you end up with!

Have a good day
Lisa

o

Just wanted to say I have enjoyed all the posts finding out the many wonderful things received, the the heart warming stories. I have also added several folks to my prayer list.

Monday (yes I am behind as usual)I received yet another wonderful card from proudgm/Becky.
It was stuffed with blue vine milkweed, Lunaria, cosmos, hibiscus, and numerous varieties of celosia, marigolds, and poppies along with other goodies...for a total of 13 packs. What a wonderful and appreciated surprise!

Thanks Becky.

Sue

o

hey got two more cards yesterday thanks so much to nancy -peaches20 - for the penstemon there great had a prob with the bird of paradise i jess the seed was to big to go threw the rollers at the post office it popped out of the envelope it didnt make it to me it must be my luck cause i wanted one so bad some one sent me bird of paradise seeds before they turned out to be mamosa seeds' but the tought was wonderful and i thank you so much
thanks so much to angel lady for the delphinium pacifc giants love it & lupin russell's im getting impataint i want to run out and plant lol

o

Ha! =) I sent Angelady an email about doing a possible trade, and then the next day I received a Secret Santa card from her with lupine, kale, and bunching onions... the onions were one of the two things I was wanting to trade for! And lupine and kale were both on my trades page. So sweet to check that for wants when she didn't have anything on my wish list! And she sent a beautiful homemade card, too. Angela is the best trader!

Lori

o

David,I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers also.:)
I hope the bill gets cleared up,it is ridiculous that someone should be "punished" for trying to take care of themselves! My Best Friend went in for an MRI on her brain the week before last,she has supposedly good insurance through her hubbies work (USPS...go figure!),well she found out that the insurance was only going to cover $400 and because of a deductible,she is responsible for $1200!!!! They wanted her to bring $600 with her to her appointment! Can you believe that? they are switching their insurance needless to say. She almost did not have the test done because of the money,her family and I talked her into going anyway,but it made me think of how many people don't go for important things like this because of the cost! :(

Angela! I am SOOOOOO Happy to hear of the good news for Hannah! That had to be music to your ears! :)

o

im trying to post my pic haveing trouble figuring it out

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/teryberry90/

o

I received two cards yesterday!

White Asters (one of my favorites!) from MSMACGYVER and
3 varieties of coveted Hollyhocks from DEES! Have you two been checking my "wants" list? : )

Thanks so much to both of you for sharing your seeds with me!

It's so refreshing to read all of your stories filled with people sharing the Christmas spirit! Kathy...my eyes welled up when I read yours!

Lisa

o

I hope I am on the right thread this time to say thank you.
I got cards from and would like to say thank you to:

Amy (No GMO) in PA for the Glacier Tomato seed.
The Layton's in NJ for the Aunt Pat's Cherry Tomato seed.
The Millers in TX for the Bird house gourd seed.
And the West's in CO for the several packets they sent.

I have company driving in but will come back and write more later.
James
La Pine, Oregon

o

Hi~
sorry i am soooo late!! i've been having ubber tons of trouble with my labtop, it seems, that maybe my fan has been going out and then it has been doing some hardware damage, the good thing? well hubs laptop and mine is the same thing, except his is xp and mine is vista, so his hard drive an mine was interchangable, great, except that i i don't know how to change the fan part, LOL
anywhooo!! **grin**
congrats Angela!! i am so happy for you!! i didn't get to read all the posts, but i will pray that God will take care of all of my Secret Santa friends.
we found out that we get to keep our kia, at a lower interest!! Woo Hoo!! now i am thrilled. 1 less thing to worry about!! **big smile**

the other day i received in the mail i think 3 cards and i box i will list them as i opened them, cuz of the kids, **onery grinn**
i think this is how it went LOL now talla has taken off with the cards sooooooo **giggle**
heather(divahethr)- she loved the happy feet card!! goji
cape gooseberries, red currants, dragon fruits, spinach bloomsdale longstanding,

dimples31312-yellow datura

quiltingfox-marigolds, zinnia's, cosmo's for tabor, mg for talla, for me the most awesome hand made doily!! its sooo beautiful!! i will treasure the sentiment behind this!! i hope i'm getting this out right!! LOL **smile**

daffodillady-carmen tapes, carmen cd, judy jacobs cd, yesteryear book, here's lily book, mug with the psalms 46:10 "be still for I am GOD" How cool is that?? **smile**
and a pic frame with the thing inside it says as for me and my house we will serve the Lord, Joshua 24:15, i didn't get that, Thank you!!
ok i'm not done, and a smelly candle Yummy!! it makes my livingroom smell good!! and a candycane that say's jesus,
for the kids, candy cane puffs, a mouse that tabor picked, with a longgggggg tail. and a dalmation dog that talla picked, a bag of chocolate that we gave to hubs, and talla ate every single one, little wigglet!! **grinn**
she also sent a cute little ladybug windchime, awwwww!! i love it!!
anddd a shell like thing or sand castle like thing that fairies live in. that's what we decided!! **huge smile**
thank you all for the awesomely beautiful cards that you all sent!! talla adores cards for some reason, she collects them and hides them away, and when she has her quiet time, she looks at them, and "reads" them!! LOL
Thank you so very much!!
((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) we are just so very happy that you are so willing to share with us, and that you you took the time to make that beautiful doily!! OMGoodness!! ~medo

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 10, 08 at 13:51

Oh! my goodness!
I received a card and seeds
today! My,My,My!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heather/divahethr
You are a sweetie! I received
Daylily,mixed hibiscus,datura,
check it out yippie drum roll,
Flying Saucer m.g. and DESERT
ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you see the SMILE on my
face from ear to ear!!!!!!!!:)
Thank you & God Bless you! :)
Susan/taz56

o

tergrov bird of paradise DOES look like mimosa when it starts out. I have grown it from seeds txice and that is what the look like both times, as a matter of fact I have some growning now that I started this summer.
I will check and see if I still have some if I do I will mail some to you.

TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS to post a pic from Photobucket ALL you have to do is copy (right click on it, hit copy) the link under the photo that says HTML code then paste (right click in the message window, hit paste) it into you message. IT WILL appear when you hit preveiw message.
It is easy and if for some reason you can not get it email me I will help you, IF you have a messenger I will talk to you there. I have both yahoo and MSN.

o

ncgardengirl thanks for the info i still have them growing i was about to give them to a friend im glade i didnt i tough they would look like a cannon when they started growing thanks for info

o

Thank you to Sueirish for the lovely note, butterfly bush seeds and 4 O'Clock seeds.

Happy Mailboxing Everyone!

Andrea

o

I'm so glad to hear that the seeds I sent out are making it to their new homes and two more cards with fantastic goodies have arrived to my home.

Alana (poisondartfrog), thank you so much for the Argemone! I've really been wanting to try some of these but have been having a heck of a time finding seed. And the Pentapetes phoenicia, oh my goodness - this is the first I've heard of this species but as soon as I received the seeds I started reading everything I could find on it and this is most certainly my kind of plant. How absolutely gorgeous and I'm obsessed with the Monticello gardens and Jefferson's work as a gardener so it's so perfect. And last, but most certainly not least, the Ipomoea nil 'Sunrise Serenade' - this looks like an absolutely stunning variety. I'm doing a fence of Ipomoeas next season and this will look gorgeous there.

Maria (elf7), thank you so much for the gorgeous card and the round carrots are absolutely perfect! They grow fantastically in the rocky soil here and I also love to grow them in containers and hanging pots. They're incredibly amusing. And I'm putting in a cutting garden and very much look forward to growing the dahlia zinnias there.

~Amanda

o

I received 3 cards in the mail yesterday. One from Paulan70 with wave petunias and delphiniuns. Another from poisondartfrog with snapdragons and Yvonne's salvia and last one from chemocurl with tomatoes, butterfly bush, royal red and lavender and crazy daisy. Everyone has been so generous and I thank each and everyone of you. I have gotten so many things from my wish list and am so excited. This has been the most rewarding swap. Thanks to everyone, Carol

o

hi i put hte wronge file the first time this has a of my flowers in it take a peek

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/teryberry90/

o

A card today!
fcofill sent me three great vines-Trumpet Honeysuckle, Red Cypress Vine and Campsis radicans. My hummingbirds will think they are in heaven! Thank you!
Alana

o

proudgm - Thank you so much. I just can't wait until January so I can start trying to wintersow.

Becky (prodgm) sent me Morning Glories and Red Cypress for my new trellis, for-get-me-nots, and 8 (yes 8) packages of cosmos in every color I have ever thought of. Thanks so much. Carol

o

I went mailboxin today and found another card! April, dirtundermynails, sent black eyed suzi vine - salmon shades. April, I think you sent me the white bes vine that I grew last summer. I absolutely loved it! I can't wait to see what the salmon looks like! THANKS and Merry Christmas! Nikki

o

Yesterday (Tuesday the 9th) I received a card from chemocurl with (yahoo!) tomato seeds, a packet each of "Romeo" and "Striped Stuffer". I have never before grown tomatoes from seed --- so haven't enjoyed the glory of really great-tasting tomatoes --- and am looking forward to it this year. Thanks, Sue, for giving me these. I will winter-sow them and think of you as I enjoy them next Summer.

Ahhhh ... Summer. Mama always said you shouldn't wish your life away --- but this cold, dark evening has me pining for green grass, blue sky and a long, golden Summer day.

Kathie

p.s. Eight cards went out today, the balance go out tomorrow. Sorry, Kym, that I'm so late in getting my Santa chores done.

o

Three wonderful cards today! This is getting addicting!

From elf7 I received creeping thyme, hollyhock and zinnia mix dahlia. These zinnias may become my new favorite!

From Suz62 I received coreopsis Early Sunrise. Love coreopsis!

From dan_the_mailman_ and Bump (aka the brownie guy!) I received a beautiful handmade card that made my day. Our Dan is quite artistic! I really like the fact that he made it out of black cardstock. A man after my own heart! I saw black Christmas ornaments for the first time this year and wanted to buy them so badly. I figured the rest of my family would freak out. And I would really need a white tree to put them on (which I don't have). Yeah, I know, I'm weird. Dan, please tell Bump that I wish him a Meowy Christmas and give him a rub on the head from me.

o

We have filled yet another thread......please go to #8.

thanks to you all for such a wonderful swap.......

look for thread #8, so we can keep posting, thanking, and enjoying friendships !!

*******THIS THREAD IS CLOSED*******************

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here