Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secre Santa Swap..Cont again..Thanks to you all !

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Please post here when you mail out, receive, or just want to share a joke, or play a game.

Thanks to you ALL for making this such a wonderful Holiday for sooo many people !!!

Comments (149)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

ok...finally reporting in. I did reviews for everyone so far, but see you want the specifics here...so...
    I've received cards and some really great seeds from 4 members.
    Booberry85-Silver Fir Tree (tomato)
    ishareflowers-Cosmos-Cosmic Red
    just1morehosta-Trumpet Vine-red...we think (hope), in the cutest packaging yet
    Nogmo-Tomatoes-German Johnson-Reisentraube-Pruden's Purple

Whoo-Hoo! I'm so pleased. Thank you everyone.

I'm mailing my original list of member's cards today, and will be packing a few more yet to go out the first of next week.

Sue...bringing up the rear as usual

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

Great day Mailboxing today!!! :D
    I received cards from
    Lisa (Pumpkingal) cute "plant me" tags
    Melanie (Kiddo)
    Carol (daisylee)

Thank you so much for your kindness.
    Kym, I have to tell you this RR is so much fun.

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• booberry85
    15 years ago

This swap has made me feel fortunate! I received three more cards today.

From VJ (Kerai) I received Lavendar Obedient plant!

From Melanie (Kiddo) I received Bird House Gourds!

From Annette (Play in the yard) I received impatiens. These are my Mom's favorites.

Thank you so much!

This swap has done a lot to boost my morale. I'm feeling the economic crunch along with everyone else. However, this swap has given me a little "getaway" from reality to enjoy the holiday spirit. Thanks so much for organizing it Kym and making it fun for everyone!

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Santa was good to me today!!!!!

Plantman50 sent some rudbeckia and veggie seeds, I think the asparagus will be fun, cant wait to get that started!!! he also sent lettuce, honey dew and tomato seeds, Thanks so much!!!!

Kiddo sent some purple coneflower!!! Love the snowman card!!!

RBrady sent some teddybear sunflowers, Arctotis venusta (had to look that one up, very pretty!!!) feverfew and Purple coneflower!!!!

Thanks guys!!! you made my day!

Mary

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

riley there was a post about someone forgetting to sign their cards. Not sure if it's the same person, but it's in the round robin forum listed as "I didn't plan on being so much of a secret santa" or something to that affect...read it and thought it quite cute lol.

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

I am behind as usual. Trying to do too much and driving myself CRAZY. It is time to Update on my Cards.

On Wednesday, I received the most Beautiful Homemade card from Kim (Plant-one-on-me) that Jordan made. It put a BIG smile on my face. Thank You! Oh, almost forgot to mention the seeds. She sent me Moonglow and Brad's Black Heart which I wanted so BADLY. Thanks AGAIN!

Jean(WishDesign) sent me Thai Basil, Red Noodle Yard longs, Opalka Tomato, and Fish Peppers in the Cutest Snowman Card. So cute. Thank You!

Yesterday I hit the Seed JACKPOT: I received 6, YES 6 cards in the mail.

I got Thai Basil from Lisa(Ishareflowers)

Amy(Nogmo) sent Homesweet, Little Brandywine and Rutgers tomatoes.

Chell(Chellflowers) sent Red Dye Amaranth

Amy(Morguegirl) sent Thai Basil

Melanie(Kiddo129) sent me Dogbane Seeds

And I got a Huge envelope from Betsy(piksi-hk) w/ Thai Basil, Amaranth and 2 types of Long Beans

I am AMAZED at how generous everyone has been. I am going to have great pleasure planting all of these seeds come spring. I Cannot wait. Thanks again ALL!

Nancy

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

It is so much fun to read everyone's post because you can "hear" the excitement. This has been great for several reasons.

(1) I go through the seed catalogs every year but there are things I don't order because I am afraid I can't grow them. If you can grow them....maybe I can to.

(2) I like open pollinated things because I think that is the way nature intended it to be, but I don't usually save the seeds. I know, that is just dumb. In today's economic times, it is also the smart thing to do. That is not to say I won't plant a few hybrids, but I have been gradually switching over for several years.

(3) I am learning so much. I didn't know I could save hosta seed. I was out in my coat this morning to see if my plants had lost all of their seed pods. I found two little pods still sticking to the plants, and brought them in and took them apart to see what the seeds looked like. LOL I will certainly be more alert in the future, but this year I collected purple datura seed and now hosta. I don't usually try to save my tomato seed because I normally grow to many in too close proximenty for safety.

(4) It is downright FUN. So far I have received 16 flower packs and can't wait to try them all. Thanks Kym and all who have mailed seed to me. Thanks for the education, everyone. Carol

• wind_red
    15 years ago

yiiiiippppiiiiiiii~~~~~~
    I just got 2 more envies few mins ago~
    I got a beau~~tiful card with AMARYLLIS- CLOWN!!!!!! from Melanie(kiddo) oh~~thank you sooooo much XOXOXO
    I also got a wonderful wonderful wonderful card printed with soy ink with Hibiscus hardy mix!! Artichoke romanesco!!soybean black jet!!! hooker's sweet corn!!!! ground cherry!!! and peas!!!! from Ellie(aphroditelaughs). Thank you! thank you! thank you~~~XOXOXO

• maozamom NE Ohio
    15 years ago

Two cards today. Proudgm and mommyto2 thank you very much. I'm really feeling the Christmas spirit this year. With an empty nest it can be hard getting in the mood for the holidays but this swap has really worked for me.

mao

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

Ishareflowers thank you for the purple pepper seeds and beautiful card. I am learning how to make my M-I-L's apple pie today, so back to the kitchen I go.

Best to you all and happy holidays,
    quiltingfox

• auntnawnee
    15 years ago

Recieved 4 cards today!!!
    ncgardengirl sent me nasturium,rosemary,sweet basil and lemon basil..Thank you Fran..
    Seiko sent me 2 types of parsley,triple cream datura,and sweet marjoram..Thank you Seiko.
    Kiddo sent me double yellow datura..Thank you Melanie..
    Mao-tse-mom sent me kmotgg and ballerina yellow datura..
    All were sent with nice cards and very much appreciated.Have a wonderful Christmas!!

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

Today I received TWO more cards... kiddo, I'm not sure you MEANT to sent me two, but it was a happy accident for me! =) I am looking forward to trying the clematis varieties you sent!

Thanks!
    Lori

• divahethr
    15 years ago

So busy this week I wanted to post the bounty that I received yesterday. So sorry I didn't post it yesterday so crazy around here. I received 3 cards yesterday I couldn't believe it how thoughtful! Proudgm03 sent me pink scabiosa seeds! Kamiljablo sent me huckleberry seeds! Remember that huckleberry line from Tombstone lol and Kiddo sent me swan gourd seeds I can't wait to be outta my gourd with gourds! lol. Also I worked on the envies and I'm proud to say that they are all mailed out today I worked on them everynight and finally finished. I held up the line at the post office I can't wait for them to be in people'e mailbox! I'm so sorry that they aren't out sooner I really needed that extension that the host gave us and I'm grateful for it! So thank you and Merry Christmas!!!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

I'm glad to hear that my seeds are maiking thier way to new homes.

I went mailboxing today but nothing else yet! I'll try again tomorrow.I feel like a two year old waiting for a letter from Santa!

I sent out another batch today. Happy mailboxing to all!!!

Lisa

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Wow Lori, I totally forgot it can be a corn variety, too! I just hopped on: I received bloody butcher tomato seeds. They are supposed to be a tasty early OP variety, and since I can TONS of tomatoes, lol, I need the good stuff. So, they are very appreciated!
    Also, I wanted to mention that one year I sent out all my Christmas cards without signing them (like ten years ago)...still, most of the folks called me laughing! They totally knew it was me. Is that sad or what, lol?
    I got more fun out of sending those cards than I have gotten out of almost any other December event in years, and I was one who didn't have a bunch to send. So, if you're one who didn't have alot to share this year, no worries, I'm sure people got just as much fun sending these as you got receiving them. Just my two cents...

• dancinginthegarden
    15 years ago

I want to thank all my new forum friends for your generous gifts. Thank you, Nikkineel, for your morning glory mix, Lisam627_ohio_26 for the hollyhocks and malva zebrina, and Cottageflowers for your cleome, dahlia, foxgloves, verbena, jacob's ladder and forget me nots. I also want to thank Threas for the morning glories and cleomes!!

This is just way too much fun!! I can't wait to begin wintersowing!! Thanks, again.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I got a lovely card today from Melanie (kiddo) which included Flame Acanthus seeds. I have never grown it, but can't wait to try it for the Hummingbirds. Thanks so much!

I also mailed the rest of my cards today. Like most folks, I wish I could have sent a card to every participant. Who knows, I may manage to add a few more before the Holidays are over.
    I have really enjoyed it!
    Alana

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Yahoo! I got more cards today!
    From Bonnie (highalttransplant), I got Amaranth(pygmy torch), agastache (apache sunset), English Lavender, and nicotania (only the lonely). Is my garden going to smell great or what1?!?!?
    From Melanie (kiddo), I got catnip. My cat, Lucky, is going to love this and so am I!!!
    From Sybil (klizinski...), I got red amaranthus, amranthus (pygmy torch), and allium schubert. I am so excited to have all these different amaranths. I am dedicating a whole section to the different varieties I have received in this swap!
    Yesterday, I got some envelopes too but I didn't get to post because I was trying to finish up my second batch of cards. I was out of town all weekend but wanted to get them in before the deadline. Looks like I didn't make it to the po in time today so tomorrow morning, I'll be "mailboxin!"
    Yesterday I received 4 cards but I got them mixed up with my other cards so some of these have been posted before. I'm listing them again to be sure because I don't want anyone to think I didn't receive or that I'm not grateful!!
    Seiko - love lies bleeding (green and red), agastache anisata YUMMM! Lisa - Love lies bleeding, nicotania (sylvestris and green), amaranthus - intense purple! I'm now collecting as many varieties as I can get of this! I love it!!!!!
    "Secret seed swapper" sent English Lavender
    Pam sent agastache - honey bee blue!!!!
    Monica sent: Rudbeckia (cappuchino, double gold), agastache (golden jubilee), and Yvonne's Salvia.
    Everyone is making my wishes come true. I am looking forward to wintersowing. I'm working on special gardens at my house as well as my sister's and my mother's gardens too!
    I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the generosity here at gw! I've totally been snapped up with the spirit of Christmas!!! Nikki

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mmmm quiltingfox...I can smell the pie from here... I really am glad this has been so much fun for everyone !! I have loved hearing all the excitement ...

Ok, the mailman is going to think something is up...my box was full again today... THANKS SO MUCH !!!

Seiko sent me a a really cute homemade card, and some seeds, I was esp excited about the jobs tears, YIPEE !

Margarita, thanks so much for the mg, as I have a huge trellis area around around blackberry bushes, that I need to cover, these will look great !

Jas_il, sent me peony poppy, and I just cant wait to grow them ! Thanks sooo much ! I need to get hubby outside to make me a good spot.

piksi_hk sent me clitoria, and lisianthus, Two seeds I really wanted ! I am going to start the lizzi in Jan, as they say it is a good time to start them...oh happy day !

THEN, I OPENED SUCH A WONDERFUL HAND MADE CARD...FROM SARAH KATE...and she put Miss Kym, how did she know that is what all the kids call me ? Sarah Kate, I just LOVE my card !!

Kiddo, thanks so much for the carmine king poppy, I cant wait to see it grow with the peony ones I recd too.

threas, thanks so much for helping make my kids Christmas better...AND for the seeds ! I love them all, but esp excited about the plumeria, sure hope I can get them to grow !

I wish there was something more then "thank you" to say to you all, this has just been SOOOO much fun for me ! I really appreciate each card, and each seed...and for all the new friends I have made.

Wishing you ALL a very best Holiday !!

Kym

• kiddo
    15 years ago

LOL ,Lori I made lables with everyones name on it. When I got finished I had one card with no name.For the person who didn't get a card from me sorry .... Lori enjoy!
    Merry Christmas to everyone and please remember all good things come from God
    Kiddo

• sunset_in
    15 years ago

I received one more card in the mail today. Thanks Ellen (lindalana) for the great seeds and the homemade card. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of your gardens. I also sent 5 more cards in the mail today.

Karen
    (sunset_in)

• aphroditelaughs
    15 years ago

Sunset_in sent me Louisiana Black Gamecock Irises today. I am thrilled by these. They are magnificent flowers. Does anyone have advice for sowing them? Thank you!

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Hi Melanie, Kiddo - I got your card today with the great Sweet Autumn Clematis seeds. Thanks so much. The birdies will love these on the poles to their birdhouses.

I'm glad to finally see more of my cards arrive at their destinations. They have travelled far!
    Sue

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

I received a card from Amy (morguegirl)today with cosmos, Profusion Apricot zinnias, tithonia 'Torch' and a red canna. Thank you so much!

Most of my cards went out on the 1st, but I found I could fill a couple more wishes, so my last envelopes went out today.

Boy, I bet that Winter Sowing forum is going to be busy after the holidays, with all of these new seeds everyone has!

Kym, it's only my second Round Robin, but it's the BEST ONE EVER, LOL!!!

Bonnie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Nikki,

I'm sorry I must have forgotten to put my gw name on your card. I hope you enjoy the nicotinias and amaranths.

Lisa

• patrushka
    15 years ago

I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks fighting a cold or virus or something. I'm feeling much better today. DH went to get the mail while I was in the shower and left my cards on my laptop. I AM JUST BLOWN AWAY!!! I received 5 cards today! I just can't get over the generosity of this wonderful group. I will be back later (after I open them) to let you know what I recevied and from whom.

Pat

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

AGGHHH - Thanks Lisa for clearing that up for me. I swore I was going to go straight to the computer and post when I received a card so I would be sure to thank every one - I just got so excited! I love fragrant flowers and I can't wait to see them grow! Thanks again! Nik

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Wow!! I received two more cards today! One was a homemade card from lindalana with a wonderful picture of her gardening. What a great idea! She sent pink and white dicentra, two types of campanula, three types of geranium, and two types of heuchera! Thank you so much!!!

My other one was a sparkly snowman card (makes me want snow!) with nicotiana, lobelia, lupine, 2 kinds of heuchera, coreopsis, snapdragon, gaillarida, and hollyhocks! Oh my! Thank you!

Kym, thank you for hosting this swap! I am so excited and thrilled with the generosity of everyone who is participating! But, then, I've always said that GW people are the best! I think that all the happy thoughts and goodness that are coming through the mail will be a real boost to everyone during these hard economic times. I can't wait to check my mail everyday. It is so nice to receive such thoughtful cards (with the added bonus of seeds) and not just bills. Who cares if the PO people think there's a bunch of lunatics out there! At least we're sharing the spirit of Christmas!

• pseudacris_crucifer
    15 years ago

Two more cards today. Good gravy, it's just like Christmas... oh wait... it is Christmas.

Thank you carolynp for the carrots. My kids just love fresh carrots.

Thank you hummy1 for the false blue indigo. No idea where I'll put it, but I'll find a spot.

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

All I can say is WOW! I am so happy to have found such a loving, caring and generous family we have here. We received 2 more cards today...Kiddo, Melanie thank you for the rubeccia and purple coneflower and Jean, wishdesign, for the Opalka and fish peppers. I never heard of fish peppers and had to look them up. Jordan thinks they will grow fish...how do I explain that one??? LOL Kim

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Melanie (Kiddo) you don't happen to be a nurse are ya? I'd recognize that tape anywhere...I have several rolls laying around the house that I forget to take out of my pockets. Made me laugh at myself a little as I tend to use it to wrap things. Kim

15 years ago

I was so pleasantly surprised by a card from Kiddo containing Chocolate Daisies, something I was not familiar with and didn't even know I wanted. It is a zone 5 hardy perennial, and can even be picked at the right time to add to fall dried flower arrangements.

Whoo-Hoo...I can see it might become a new favorite of mine.

I can tell by so many unique things that folks have received, that my wish list will have some new things on it here soon.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Berlandiera lyrata Chocolate Daisy

• threas
    15 years ago

I received 2 more cards today! Yippee!It's a good thing too, because I pout if I don't get any that day! lol
    Thank you for the firespike, Melanie(kiddo). Lisa(pumkingal)sent black peony poppies,pumpkin tree & gaillardia 'fanfare'. Thank you both so much!

~Kym, for the plumeria, look up shipping peanut germination method. I know, weird, huh? lol

Theresa

• kiddo
    15 years ago

Plant_one_on_me

Your right on, I alway smile when I get a trade with that special tape lol

I just want to send a special thank you to msmacgyver for the baby breath.It overwhelms me how those with little can show that it's not great things that count,but those done with great love

Thank you so much Daniel for the daily and cosmos seeds

Thank you soooooooooooo much KYM !
    Kiddo

• girlgardener_2007
    15 years ago

Thanks!
    i received seeds and cards today from
    kiddo129- melanie miller
    piksi-hk-besty
    g.web. n1b52- nancy bragg
    thank you guys so much, i am going to winter sow my seeds. thanks again
    lucy

• thinking_stomach
    15 years ago

Thanks nogmo for the Opalka tomato seeds--I've been wanting them. Hopefully I'll get plenty to can this summer!

What fun!

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

I'm so happy!! I got 2 cards yesterday from
    Helen -gammy2- who sent me shoo fly and orange profusion zinnias, just LOVE profusion zinnias, thanks so much!!
    Bonnie - highlttransplant - sent me gaillardia burgundy and dianthus ideal select red for my red bed and agastache apache sunset and butterfly weed gay butterflies. Thank you so much!! my butterflies will love all of these plants!!!!

Today I got 3 cards
    Andreaz6wv sent me red poppy. Thanks so much, it's perfect for my red bed!!!
    Melanie - kiddo - sent me butterfly weed. Thank you soooooo much!!!
    jasmine - jas_il - sent me salvia blue, slavia pink and salvia red scarlet sage!!! Happy dance :) happy dance :) my hummers will be thrilled!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

I can't say thank you enough to all of you guys! I LOVE ALL of my Christmas cards :) I've never gotten any cards before and it's made my Christmas so much brighter!!!
    I'll make a garland out of them and post a picture later! thanks so much again for all of your generosity!!!!!!
    XOXOXOXO

PS, I sent the last of my cards out today, but of course that will probably chance :)

• patrushka
    15 years ago

I'm back. These are the goodies my Secret Santas sent today.

threas sent Torenia and Purple Cleome.
    mao_tse_mom sent Agastache Aurea, Verbena bonariensis, Datura Ballerina and Penstemon Red Husker.
    Kiddo sent Echinacea Primadonna White.
    Morguegirl sent Balsam and Purple Liatris.
    lindalana sent Calceolaria, Agastache Golden Jubilee, Agastache White Licorice, Penstemon smallii, Torenia Mix, Torenia Clown and Torenia Susie Wong.

I'm loving all of the adorable cards!

threas, The batting worked great for protecting the seeds.

lindalana, Your garden is beautiful. I think I know the campground you mentioned.

Thank you all so much!!! I love everything I've received. It's always fun to make new gardening friends. My garden is going to be beautiful this year and it looks like I'll be winter sowing more than I planned on. : )

I hope more of the cards I sent arrived at their destinations today.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I received a Snowman card today, it was from keeversgirl-Megan
    SHE was SO SWEET, she wrote:
    Dear Fran,
    Merry Christmas! I didn't have most of the seeds on your wish list (except 'CrimsonSweet) but I noticed on your trade list you like heirlooms, so I sent you a few good ones.
    Happy Gardening!
    Megan
    Wasn't that just too sweet, she actually took the time to LOOK at my page so she could send me something. WOW, all I can say is she went above and beyond and it makes ME feel extra special thank you so much!!!
    She sent me:
    Tomato: Isis Candy (Cherry)
    Tomato: Rose heirloom vine
    Watermelon: Carolina Cross
    Tomato: Yellow Cherry
    Beans: Roma Bush Beans Heirloom

All I can say is I adore each and every pack you took the time to send me Megan. Thank you (sorry if I embarassed you but it really did mean a lot to me you took the time to do that for me!)

:) Fran

• chellflower
    15 years ago

I got a envie today from Kiddo (Melanie) with a beautiful card and birdhouse gourd seeds!
    Thanks kiddo!

• vikingkirken
    15 years ago

Hey, does it count if my cards got out to my MAILBOX today? Even if the mailman won't get them until tomorrow? Is that late? =P Sorry!!! I hope everyone I sent to will think it was worth the wait!!

I wasn't feeling the Christmas spirit this year... (I often don't when I am just bombarded with "Buy buy buy! And don't forget yourself, you deserve it!" Sometimes the marketing gimmicks are just too much.) But this Secret Santa has helped me get excited about Christmas this year, and remember the joy of giving just to do it! And it was so much fun turning this into a special "project" with my toddler, too... she had soooo much fun with construction paper and glue =)

Lori

• spookycharles
    15 years ago

I sent off more cards today and was greeted with two more beautiful cards.

Thank you so much, Sue (suecirish) for the 'Century Yellow' celosia and yellow columbines. Of course I adore all celosia and columbines, but I'm sure you couldn't have known that my absolute favorite color is yellow! And I so love the little Santa seed packs :)

And thank you so very much, Melanie (kiddo) - this one too falls under the category of I have no idea how you knew to send rose seeds. I collect roses, but more than that, I love planting the seeds from those that form rosehips just to see what I come up with - it's always such a fantastic surprise.

Thank you both, I'm so excited to grow these next season (of course I'm going to get started on the columbines and roses right now...).

~Amanda

• patrushka
    15 years ago

Oops! I missed one. lindalana also sent Torenia Lemon Drop.

Thanks so much!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lori...we wont do a total count till next week...so people can keep sending....so many people have begged for more time...and Christmas is still 20 days away, so plenty of time to enjoy the cards !!

Threas..I will have to look up the packing peanut method, thanks soo much !! I just did the moss rooting method and it ROCKS !

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

HOLY MOLY!!!! I got 7 cards today!!!My seed BOXES are overflowing. Thanks go out to:
    lisam627_ohio_z6~White Swan echinacea,columbine Mckana's Giants
    poisondartfrog~Sunrise Serenade JMG!!!,yellow sweet pea,& Yvonne's Salvia!!!!
    kwsgarden~Benary Giant Zinnia"Crayon Colors"
    paula~bright lights cosmos,columbine mix
    kamiljablo~yellow trumpet vine(for my hummers!)
    kiddo~cosmos
    mommyto2~Candy Pink JMG!,Yvonne's Salvia!!!,Hatsu Arashi JMG!!!,purple eith white edge JMG!!!,purple & white columbine,lobelia mix of red cardinal & queen victoria, Cherry & Ivory Swizzle Zinnia!!!

WOW!!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!!! Did I say WOW?!!! LOL!!!
    Thanks again everyone !
    later....April

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

****************ok, thread is done....please post on new one ********************

Post on new thread...........PLEASE...............meet us on the NEW thread...come on....hurry up...your missing the party...LOL

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Got 3 more cards
    kamiljblc....dutchman's pipe
    kiddo....Sweet autum clematis
    lisaM622ohio_26...Black pearl pepper and clematis

Thank you all so much
    Merry Christmas,
    Dorothy

15 years ago

see new link below

Here is a link that might be useful: UPDATE: secret santa seed swap #6, thank you's

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

I just got home from a VERY stressful day at school. That is saying it mildly. Several issues with students and I am wrung out.

Yes, it is 10:00 PM. I announce the basketball games and both games went into overtime. The kids played hard and the visiting team was a bit unruly.

Well.... I get home and waiting on my table, my kids left me a pile of mail: junk, bills and sitting on top were the following cards!

Kiddo sent me apple gourds and wants to trade! Cool and yes!
    misskimmie sent me pepper: corno di toro.
    msmacgyver sent me Hawaiian chili peppers!
    poisondartfrog sent me rhubarb (never grew it from seed!), lemon drop pepper and Pimente Cambuci edible and ornamental peppers in these really cool hand made envelopes!

I really, really needed something like this today. Thank you so much.

• crafting4goddess
    15 years ago

Holy Wow...Batman!

I've got two cards in the mail Friday! I received Texas Red Star Hibiscus (OMG these will be a great addition to my growing jungle!!!!) from Kiddo GW & a small variety of eggplant from Appalooza. WOO-HOO! I cannot wait for spring to arrive!
    Now...I just need to learn how to cook eggplant in the meantime...LMAO!

Thanks again! This is a wonderful swap idea!