Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
token28001

UPDATE: Blackjack - 21 sent/21 received

token28001
15 years ago

This thread is for information only. If you want to join, please see the original thread. If you need to reach me, please contact me through GW via my member page. Thanks.

Today I received packages from:

Kiddo

diggingdirt

More to follow as they arrive.

Comments (114)

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

LOL heatherbon...no problem at all...Well not as bad as my problem. I've been pacing and stomping for two weeks...hehe BEFORE they were mailed and I'm on the WEST COAST!!!!! Only saving grace is that I don't have a mail man or woman...it's a mail box that I never get to see who delivers the mail into it. Long story...but not worth the lip err typing service.

So I've joined other RR's and seed swaps to keep me busy and my impatient mind off of the arrival of my little package of precious gifts :) so I'm impatiently packaging seeds for other swaps...and impatiently awaiting arrival of them all. Geeeze it just compounds how impatient I am...pacing...pacing...pacing........

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Tom, I received my seeds today too. I was so happy to see them all. I am sure you had a hard time with the ALL edibles. Sorry! I did get a few of the ones I sent back but no worries. I did get a couple that were on my MOST wanted list. Thanks again for hosting the swap. It was so much fun.

Nancy

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Tom, thank you, thank you for a wonderful time! You did a terrific job on the blackjack 21/21 swap.
    I received my seeds in the mail yesterday & was all aglow. I made myself a pot of tea, turned off the tv, radio, telephone, put a do not disturb sign on the door and settled in to open my envey. It was the best time ever! I was thrilled with all the goodies.
    Vickie

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

Hi Tom,
    I received my envelope today and want to say THANK YOU for all your work with this swap.

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

Thank You for hosting this swap!!! :-) And Thank You to everyone who participated in it. Oh I can't wait to sow these seeds!! Yippee!!

Best to you and many blooms,
    quiltingfox

• dem_pa
    15 years ago

I received my seeds from the swap today. Great selection. Thanks to everybody who participated. Some will be winter sown tomorrow. Tom you were a great host.

Don (dem_pa)

• austinnhanasmom
    15 years ago

Received my seeds today too -

THANKS all - I love the selection.

Mine will be wintersown as well:) now or in a few months -

Thanks Tom:)

Happy Gardening -
    Deb

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Got my seeds today! Great swap, Tom! and thanks everybody who contributed. Will definitely be WSing some of these!
    Sue

PS Tom, are you still looking for pussy willow? email me if you are.

• clc70
    15 years ago

They came! Holy Cow what a nice selection. Thanks Tom for hosting, you did a great job. And thanks to everyone who contributed, clc 70.

• jaynine
    15 years ago

My seeds arrived today. Thank you so much for everything--I'm thrilled!

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today. Great job, Tom! Now that you have that experience under your belt, maybe next time you will change the game from Blackjack/21 to 500/Rummy.

• plantman50
    15 years ago

Got mine today! Thank you!!

• jessewo
    15 years ago

Got mine too! Woo Hoo! Thanks for hosting this trade & hope to have it again next year!

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Hi Tom,

Got my seeds today. Yippee! Great bunch of seeds many of which were on my want list. Thanks so much!

Amy

• slo_garden
    15 years ago

I got my envelope today. Thanks so much! There are all kinds of fun things in there to try.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I received my package of goodies :) LOTS and LOTS of little gems :)

Quite a few were from my wish list...Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Good grief, I STILL didn't get mine! Tom, I really think they got routed over seas!

:(Fran

• chitownladyd
    15 years ago

Received my seeds on Friday, such a great variety, some were on my wish list too! Whoo Hooo :) Thanks Tom for hosting and happy gardening to my fellow seed-a-holics LOL

La Donna

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Received mine yesterday, Tom! Thanks so much for a great variety! I am especially excited by the Red Bunny Tail Grass, Blue Fescue Grass, - some of my MAJOR wants! And I am no officially fascinated by the Davidii Viburnum and the Tithonia 'Fiesta Del Sol'! Thank you so much to everyone who participated! I can't wait to see these blooming! And THANK YOU to Tom for hosting this!

Kathy

• lillyjane
    15 years ago

I got the seeds yesterday, thanks for hosting,
    jan ")

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OMG TOM!!! YOU DID A SUPER FANTASTIC JOB ON MY BAG!!! THANK YOU AND THANKS TO ALL WHO SENT IN TO THIS SWAP!!!

There is NOT ONE and I really mean NOT ONE IN THIS ENVY I CAN NOT USE! THANK YOU...WOW, I have NEVER gotten a envy back from a swap that didn't have a few packets of something I couldn't use until today!

BTW Tom, I apparently don't know where I live I put the wrong city on my envy, THANK GOODNESS I had the right zip code....lol.
    It is NOT my fault I have lived in the hometown I was raised in almost all my life and I am so used to putting THAT city on everything, my mom and sister still lives there so sometimes when I put my address down I put the wrong one and I usually catch it and correct it but I was in a rush the day I mailed out to you and didn't realize it. Haven't lived in this town a year yet, but you'd think I'd KNOW where I am....lol
    SO the delay in getting it here to me was my fault....but now it is here and I am very impressed! Thank goodness the post office knew where I was..lol.

Thanks again,
    :) Fran

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad everyone so far is happy. Like I said, at the end, I just started stuffing packages with leftovers. But everyone got more than 21, I hope. LOL

Alana, no thanks. 21 was more than enough. I don't know how these 100 pack hosts survive.

Fran, the wrong city probably confused them. Glad you got it.

Sue, I actually got pussywillow today in the mail. Now I have to send a bunch of my plants to fill my end of the deal. I got black, giant white, red, and coral ember cuttings. WOOHOO!

And thanks for all the great seeds everyone sent. I tried really hard to make sure people got a couple things from their want lists. Some were easy, others were kind of hard. And I kept most of the marigolds and morning glories. With all my mosquitoes, the marigolds will come in handy this summer. :)

• scottrell
    15 years ago

Hi!
    I received my seeds today! Whoo hoo! I agree wholeheartedly with everyone else. It is very apparent how much attention was given to this swap. Many of my wishes were fulfilled. Thank you Tom for all your hard work. And thanks to this wonderful group who sent in all these great seeds.
    Hi Fran, you made me laugh! I am glad your seeds found you! You don't have blonde hair do you? LOL!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

SC I was born a blonde but as I got older it changed to dk brown, BUT I am incline to believe the true roots are STILL there...lol Glad everyone gets a chuckle out of my dumbness....hehe, just know I try SOOOOOO hard! LOL

Tom, I am sure I confuzzled them really well. I bet they were trying to figure out which place I was really in...lol. Glad they got it right, but as far as I know there is no road with this name in the other small town. So I am sure that helped them figure it out too.

:)Fran

• seedmama
    15 years ago

dem_pa said exactly what I was going to say

"I received my seeds from the swap today. Great selection. Thanks to everybody who participated. Some will be winter sown tomorrow. Tom you were a great host. "

Which is ironic because, Don, I got several of your seeds and am very happy about it.

Thanks everyone!

Seedmama

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

Should I have gotten my seeds by now, or were mine one of them that was sent toward then end? I only ask because I see a lot of people have already gotten theirs.

Kris

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kris, all except for Kiddo, Angelady, and ConnieSC went out last week. Everything else was mailed as of Tuesday, Jan 20. Hopefully they will come today. I would assume a 7-10 days would be long enough for all the seeds except those going to Hawaii. Send me an email if you don't have them by Wednesday. I'll see what we can work out. I want to make sure everyone gets something. Especially since you sent so many seeds.

• drippy
    15 years ago

I received mine today - thank you, Tom, and to all who participated for a lovely selection. What a fun swap!

Kim

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

I will probably get mine last because my Post Office is the pits. I just hope they don't send it back. I mailed an envelope on or before 20 December and it still hasn't arrived at the destination, or been returned to me.

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's odd how the PO lays out these zones. I'm sure it has something to do with that. And of course, because you're waiting on them. LOL.

• conniesc
    15 years ago

Tom, I received my package today. Wow!! Thanks to everyone who participated and shared some really great seeds. Tom, thanks so much for hosting this swap for us. and a very special thanks for the potato vines. They looked like they made the cold trip really well. I really appreciate it.

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

I got mine today. Thank you all for the wonderful seeds, and a special thank you to our host!

Kris

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Whew. Glad you got yours Kris. I didn't want to have to dig through my seeds to find even a few of your wants. Most of mine have been wintersown and I rarely keep seeds through the summer. They are for planting, right? :)

Good deal Connie. Just drop it in water and let it root. I took a few cuttings of my own to do the same here. Never can have too many green/black vines to fill in dead spots.

• kiddo
    15 years ago

Hello Tom and all you wonderful people in this swap.
    You have been a great host Ton I just love everythig I got. The roses look terrific Tom Thanks so very much.I will be growing many plants I've nerer grown before
    Thanks to evryone here
    Kiddo

• plsell
    15 years ago

Tom

I got my seeds in yesterday. Thank you so much for doing this swap and also thanks to micyrey for helping me out. I can't wait to plant my garden this summer. I've now got vegetables I would never have gotten on my own. I will plant them all....can't wait to try them.

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I'm so glad i saw the date of this last post by plsell because Iwas feeling left out with no seed package yet! Bummer, the anticipation is killing me...Chris
    ***For those who have trades with me, my comcast email carrier deleted all my pages except for the last 2 pages, not that i had that many , i had 5 pages i hadn't put in folders yet...so I don't know who and what now, hopefully my notepad doc for January trade was updated enough to contain ever trade and SASBE in process! so if you need to contact me, I just opened a new Gmail account ,where my emails will never need to be deleted or put into folders, so contact me initially thru my GW page, the email there has been updated to this new email address, thank you, if i forgot you in a trade please contact me. Thanks. Chris

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

Are there others still waiting for their seeds, or am I the only one? Carol

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Are you serious? You still haven't gotten yours? Anyone else?

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    mine are taking their time getting here too
    I sure hope they didn't loose another one. I had a swap envie with over 100 seed packets in it get lost last fall.
    I'll let you know if they make it
    michelle

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So three people still haven't received theirs? You know, the USPS is about to get on my last nerve.

Grolikecrazy and I have completed another trade using priority mail. In the first shipment, they delivered me an empty package. Yes, empty. She resent the cuttings, but still, this is unacceptable. It's been weeks since everything was mailed out.

• kiddo
    15 years ago

That is awfull Tom ,but I got one better.One of my traders said his package was empty and postage due.
    Go Figure. Even so I re-sent everything
    Kiddo

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Mail seems to be a lot slower after Christmas-or am I imagining that?
    I hope your missing packages did not come through SE KY. We just had two postal workers arrested. One had embezzled holiday cards this season, the other had kept about 1000 pieces of mail instead of delivering it.

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

I feel really bad for you three that have not gotten your packages yet. I really wonder what this world is turning into these days, when you can't even trust the post office anymore.

Getting to thinking about it, I think the next round robin I am in I will be sure to use a postal tracking number on my package.

Kris

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

You know, I wonder if it does any good to have a tracking number. From what I understand, if it gets lost with a tracking number, there is still nothing that can be done. The only option is insurance and then you get money instead of the seeds. I'm sure the safest best would be tracking AND insurance... I just can't see putting out 65 cents every time I mail without even being protected and insurance on top of that sure isn't cheap, but at least it covers ya!

You know, it's also possible that those who haven't gotten theirs before have now, right? Have they checked back in? I agree that mail does seem to move much slower from the 2nd week in December onward for awhile.

Blessings,
    Angela

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

No, I don't have mine yet, but I have the Post Office from hell. In the last two months:

1. I mailed a pkg in Dec that still isn't there.
    2. I helped a neighbor find the mailbox where the mail should have gone, that was in her box.
    3. Found another neighbors mail on the ground under the mailbox.
    4. Had a call from the PO saying they couldn't deliver a package because I didn't have a mailbox. (Same one for 7 yrs.)
    5. Argue with me at the PO that I didn't live at the address where I said I lived.
    6. Couldn't find the pkg at the PO, but later did and it was marked "vacant house but they were home", and had another address also written on the pkg by the PO.
    7. One package returned to sender.
    8. Had a magazine delievered to me that belonged to my best friend that lives a couple of miles away. I guess they were stuck together and so I got both.
    9. Token, I think you mailed to me on Jan 16th. Is that right?

I think I will be last to receive the package, if I get it at all......and they want to raise the cost of postage !!!!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I guess if we have a confirmation # the slip of paper says that we can check online at www.usps.com or call 1-800 222 1811 form inquiries .I guess it tells us where it is?
    Let me try it , for this package I just mailed off for a RR swap.

ok, this is what 'i got when I entered the #:

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 2040 0001 2987 6945

Your item was processed and left our LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231 facility on February 5, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

That's better than nothing I guess. Chris

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Thanks for checking, Chris. Yes, I think you're paying to know where it is, but even that you don't know. I was told it left the Dallas processing area (6 hours from here) and was on its way to me, but I never got any more info after that. I have also heard that you can file paperwork, etc., but it's a real pain in the rear and still, there's nothing that can be done. I'd sure like to verify what confirmation numbers really do for you. If they're truly worth it, great. Otherwise, I figure if my package is lost, then I'm out for not paying for insurance... ugggh...

SoonerGrandmom- I sure hope you get your package....

Is there anyone else who hasn't received at this point, or is SoonerGrandmom the last one who's waiting on theirs?

Blessings,
    Angela

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    well I still have not gotten mine, but thats the way it goes I have been very lucky this last year and still have plenty of seeds.
    I have never lost a package that had DC#s, I think I'm gonna do DC#s for all the Left over swap packages.

don't worry I'll post if it gets here.

there was a swap over a year ago and every envie was lost, the hostess took the envie to the PO and not one ever made it to the players. I felt so sorry for her, I think she left GW after that, some people were very upset. she did resend to everyone out of her own seeds using DC#s and they made it that time.

please don't worry your self about it, there is nothing to be done but wait and see. I have hosted several swaps and I know you feel responsable if someone dose not get their envies.
    michelle

• token28001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

All packages were mailed by Jan 21 except for 3 and I know those three have received theirs.

I'd like to know who hasn't received theirs as of today.

Michelle, I know it's the Post Office's fault. It's just incredible that out of 42 participants, they can lose 3, 4 packages? That's a horrible rate of failure.

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I still have not received mine! :( Chris