Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: Blackjack - 21 sent/21 received

Posted by token28001 zone7 NC (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 12:44

This thread is for information only. If you want to join, please see the original thread. If you need to reach me, please contact me through GW via my member page. Thanks.

Today I received packages from:

Kiddo
diggingdirt

More to follow as they arrive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Blackjack - 21 sent/21 received

poisondartfrog
Dancing in the Garden

These two arrived today.

o

Three today

jaleeisa
plantman50
dem_pa

o

Two more.

Grolikecrazy
Drippy

Keep em coming. We've got a great selection so far.

o

Two more today

dimples31312
jessew

o

Three more today.

austinnhanasmom
Appaloosa909
irisheyes66

o

Three more today

Micyrey
QuiltingFox
Wind_red
Packrats_R_US aka clc70.

That's four, isn't it? You all know I can't count, right? :)

o

Three today.

Conniesc
jaynine
soonergrandmom

o

A bunch today. The mail carrier thinks I need a bigger box.

proudgm_03
dirtdiggin
luvgardening2
akup_a
lisam627_ohio_z6
suecirish
pufftrinket
slo_garden
plsell

Whew. Done. Great selections so far.

Tom

o

4 more.

NCgardengirl
scottrell
godsgardener
morguegirl

2 of the packages here were actually for me. :)

o

Esivol
divathethr
kristlindgren
lillyjane

Photobucket

o

I am just bumping this up so everyone uses this last chain for comments :)

o

Last Day to send seeds is tomorrow, Monday January 5th. If you've signed up, and still want to participate, please be sure to get your seeds in the mail. If you've mailed your seeds and don't see your name here, let me know.

o

Hope to see my handle here next week. :)

o

Mine went out friday!

o

Three came today.

heatherbon
v1rtu0s1ty
ramazz

o

angelady's arrived today. Only a couple more and I can start playing.

o

3 today.

chitownladyd
seedmama
grovespirit

We've had a couple of people that signed up drop out for various reasons. No worries, we've got plenty of seed and I'll start swapping this weekend. I think almost all the packages have arrived. If you've sent a package and don't see your name on this thread, please let me know. Thanks!

Tom

o

Awesome Tom!

I've been dreaming about it every night. Hehehe :D

o

as a newbie, I am excited as well. Can not wait to see what I can try out.

o

Sounds Great. It's like Christmas again!
Dorothy

o

There is one outstanding package to arrive, based on my notes. Regardless, the first packages will be sent out on Wednesday. I hope to do 5 a day until they're all returned. My mail carrier has a bad back. LOL.

o

Yea I can't wait to get em!!

Thanks Token for hosting a GREAT swap.

o

awesome.I am excited to see what I get in the mail. thanks so much for hosting and a special thanks to token28001 for covering for me.

o

Connie, did you ever get the potato vines you were looking for?

o

oooh... I want potato vines, too! :-D...... IF there's enough to go around, of course....

Blessings,
Angela

o

No I nver did. If u can send me some that would be great.

o

angelady, these are the ornamental sweet potato vines. I only have one plant of each, but I'm pretty sure I can get a couple of cuttings off them.

Will do Connie.

o

Hi! I am also excited about getting my envie!
Sweet potato vines are very easy to root in water, they will root in about six seconds, LOL, it just seems that fast.
I once had a sweet potato in my kitchen that never got eaten, well it started to sprout, I stuck the whole thing in the ground. I now have a large patch of vine growing, it is beautiful! It makes a great ground cover. Maybe one day I will dig around and harvest some sweet potatoes.

Thanks again Token!

o

Okay, anyone else? Anyone that has mailed a package and doesn't see their name on this list? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Kiddo
diggingdirt
poisondartfrog
Dancing in the Garden
jaleeisa
plantman50
dem_pa
Grolikecrazy
Drippy
dimples31312
jessew
austinnhanasmom
Appaloosa909
irisheyes66
Micyrey
QuiltingFox
Wind_red
Packrats_R_US aka clc70.
Conniesc
jaynine
soonergrandmom
proudgm_03
dirtdiggin
luvgardening2
akup_a
lisam627_ohio_z6
suecirish
pufftrinket
slo_garden
plsell
NCgardengirl
scottrell
godsgardener
morguegirl
Esivol
divathethr
kristlindgren
lillyjane
heatherbon
v1rtu0s1ty
ramazz
angelady
chitownladyd
seedmama
grovespirit

Be sure to email me if you don't see your name.

o

Awesome, Tom! Thank you! And, as mentioned above, they're very easy to root, which is awesome! This was one of my biggest wants, too! :-D

Wiki says that they're edible, too, not just ornamental... Here's a post here at GW below that goes into that some as well.

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Potato Vine Potato edible?

o

Angela that make sense they are just mutants from reg. sweet potato plants so I could see the tater they make being edible too.

Token there is talk of a cuttings Swap maybe you should think about joining when they host.
I wish I hadn't killed my sweet tater vine babies...don't know WHAT I did to them but they rotted!

:( Fran

o

Hmmm. I planted mine last spring in the two window boxes on the front of the house. I got one tuber from the black variety and three tiny little tubers from the lime green ones. The black tuber disappeared from the front porch while it was drying. I think a possum got it. They like to eat the left over cat's food every night.

I'll check into the swap Fran. I'd love to get a lot more cuttings this spring. Lots of plants I don't have that I just absolutely must have.

Sorting seeds today. Going to get at least 5 in the mail tomorrow morning. Angela and Connie, I'll need to wait until next week to mail yours. These cuttings won't survive the brutal cold we're getting this week.

o

Last chance to update your wish lists. If you sent one with your seeds and need to add, do it now. I'm doling out seeds tonight.

o

Next week is fine, Tom!.... no problem at all.... :-)

Blessings,
Angela

o

These should be going out today.

dimples31312
Packrats_R_US aka clc70
suecirish
godsgardener
lillyjane
chitownladyd

I stuck my hand in the box with all the envelopes and pulled out these 6. You're the lucky ones today. Will lady luck be on your side tomorrow? Who knows!

o

The bad news first. I didn't get any packages sent yesterday.

Now for the good news, I'm sorting everyone's seeds today. I have no other plans.

So, everyone's envelopes will be going out on Friday or Saturday except for angelady, conniesc, and kiddo. You know why. They'll be mailed out next week once the temperatures are back to normal.

Thanks for being patient. And please let me know in this thread when you receive them. Thanks!

Tom

o

I've got 8 left to go. I'll be mailing out at least 10 on Saturday morning. If I can get done with the rest by 1pm, they'll all go. My mailbox can't hold all these seeds.

Everyone got a few things on their wish lists so far. I've saved the edibles til last so I'm not sure how that will work out. Some even got specific named varieties too thanks to the generous traders. And everyone has more than 21 packs of seed coming back. The average at the moment is 23.

This has been an interesting experience. It's really given me some major appreciation for those that do this more than once a year.

o

Ahh yes Tom, but hosting is so much fun and then to KNOW you put something in someones bag they REALLY REALLY wanted is thrilling to say the least!
It is also exciting to see what came in.
My friend does an unsual seed swap, a bulb swap 2x a year I think it is I know she does it 1x and then she holds an in-person swap and she has even done semps ones too in-person, NOW THAT is impressive, she wears me out just doing all the different things she host! Don't think I could manage all those! LOL. I will stick with hosting seeds swaps for a bit how bout you?

:) Fran

o

So, Tom, are you telling me that we ALL busted in blackjack? LOL

In this case, that's a good thing! :-D

Thank you SO much for all your hard work with hosting this swap, Tom! We really do appreciate you!

Blessings,
Angela

o

LOL Angela, I didn't think about it that way, that would mean we DID wouldn't it? Tom how about you? Did YOU make it to 21?

o

I made it to 18. So I win. :)

It was hard not taking something from each pack that came in, but there were some things on the want lists that I wanted too. So I did snitch a few seeds from a few packs. But ONLY when there were lots of seeds to share, as is typical with our traders here. In fact, angelady will be getting one of those packs. I bet she won't be able to tell me which one it is. LOL. It's not like I can grow that many melons in my garden.

I got a bunch to the PO today before 1pm. The rest will have to go out Tuesday since Monday is MLK Jr day. You should start receiving seeds by Thursday at the latest.

And to the few who sent me lists of who should get your seeds, thank you very much. You made it a lot easier. I didn't expect anyone to sit down and do that. :)

o

Token YOU CHEATED...lol
I would have sent you a list but I figured you would go by ppls want list they send in. I didn't even think about making a list of who might want my seeds DUH!

Sure, you should have taken a few seeds, you have that right as host to snag a few here and there! And I wouldn't have minded one bit if there had been something alloted to me that if you wanted some you could have taken, I am more then willing to share! As I am sure others are too. Gosh, I meant to send you a host gift but I was in a hurry to pack my seed and get them mailed in that it slipped my mind! Sorry, I will make sure to do it next time you host one.

Thanks again for hosting a fun swap. Can't wait to get them back....sure hope mine is one that went out today...hehe, means I will be getting it Tuesday...geeze I HATE waiting.

Thanks again Token,

o

I'm with Fran, Tom - it's the host's prerogative to select what they want for themselves. Every single person who's ever hosted a swap that I've been in has been MORE than fair to the players. Hope you had fun doing this!

Kim, who is just waiting for the house to sell (so I can move to SC!)

o

It's been interesting, that's for sure. And I did find a few things that I really really wanted. Not one pack of Jacob Cline bee balm though. LOL S'okay, I traded for those a couple weeks ago.

I did get a triple yellow datura. I already had the white, blue, and purple. I figure if my perennials don't bloom this year, I'll have lots of datura filling the spaces. And marigolds. Lots and lots of marigolds. I'll use the left overs to edge the backyard for now. Maybe it'll help keep down the mosquitoes.

o

WOOHOO!!! I'm hoping mine would be here next week!

Awesome job Tom! KUDOS! Way 2 Go! :)

o

One word of warning. I had a bunch of left over seeds. So if you happen to get your own seeds back, it's because I just started tossing things in packs without looking. But you're still getting more than 21 packs.

V1, I got your lavatera in there and a few other things I think you might like. Some perennials, but some annuals that will bloom the first year while your perennials grow up.

And like I said, everybody got something from their wish list. In some cases, it was one or two items, in other cases it could be as many as 8-10. It all depended on what I had at my fingertips.

o

I am so ready
For these. I am learning i am not good at waiting. Lol.
Thanks again for hosting and making this a great first swap for me.
~heatherbon

o

Don't fret over it, Tom... I am SURE we will all be very happy! I think your very first time hosting you've done an outstanding job!

Blessings,
Angela

o

I can say I will only be hosting one swap a year if that. I think next fall, I'll join a couple swaps instead.

Heather, I cannot remember now what I put in yours, but I remember giving some of your seeds out. LOL. I hope your first swap is a good one. And the waiting only gets worse. We had snow here today and a lot of things were closed down. Yesterday was a holiday, so it might be a couple more days.

o

MAN, this is awful I am not good at waiting either...lol. I am so looking forward to seeing what goodies are in there..lol
OK, I can wait, yes I can...I can wait...I know I can...ok, this chant isn't working.... MAN....I can't wait...hehe

Token you know how to make ppl really happy to see their mailperson huh? hehe

o

Fran, you should receive yours today. Unless the mail has to be routed through Seattle or something stupid like that. You're only an hour and a half from me. :)

o

Token, it must have went to Seattle....lol. I didn't get it...can you believe that? The only thing I got today was a mail order cat for Asian Veggies! :( What's up with that?
Maybe tomorrow unles that routed it to Germany or something!

Thanks for letting me know you did mail it out :)

o

I got one back in the mail today. The label had been ripped off. I've contacted her and it will go back in the box in the morning. Stupid PO.

o

Whaa! Here I am whining like a baby! I was the one whose label fell off!
Sharon...waiting so patiently!
*tap...tap...tap...

o

thank you I received my seeds today
heather

o

I made 21!
Thanks Tom for hosting the Blackjack 21/21 trade.
Thanks to all that played.
Dorothy

o

Tom/Token,

I received my seeds today. Great job and thanks for selecting not only seeds from my list but other great stuff as well. Whatever doesn't get planted in the next couple of weeks will probably make it's way to the leftover swap!

Great job on your first swap.

Becky
ramazz

o

Darn mail this really is makin my relationship with my mail lady very rocky. I make that long walk to the mailbox only to find bills and seed cataloges taunting me. Then i stomp and pout all the way to the house!
I think i may have a problem do you think i have a problem?
Lol

o

OK, Tom, my must have went to timbucktwo! Still no seeds today either! Can you believe it?

I think I might live closest of all to you and mine are enroute to.....?

No Sharon I am gonna cry MINE ARE MIA!!! At least you KNOW where yours went...lol

o

I recieved today, thanks so much for hosting this swap and thanks to poisondartfrog for being my sponsor! I really apprciate it very much.

When I can I will list what I received on my list...

Thanks again.

DD

o

Heatherbon, it does sound like you have a problem. But I think most of us have the same sickness, you will not get help here! LOL!

o

Hi Tom,

Your package of seeds were waiting for me when I got home from work today...and it was a total pleasure to open it! You sent me a wonderful variety of seeds - some that have been on my "wants" list for a long time! I am really looking forward to starting them. Thanks so much for all of your hard work and effort in this fun swap!! You deserve a pat on the back. I sincerely hope we have a Blackjack -21 #2 next season! - Lisa

o

Tom, I received my seeds today. I love the surprise of seeing what came! Thanks for all your work hosting this swap. I'm very happy with what I received :)
Deb

o

Thank you so much Tom! I can't believe how many packets you sent to me! I'm very very happy. :D

Thank you for all the work!!! ;)

o

LOL heatherbon...no problem at all...Well not as bad as my problem. I've been pacing and stomping for two weeks...hehe BEFORE they were mailed and I'm on the WEST COAST!!!!! Only saving grace is that I don't have a mail man or woman...it's a mail box that I never get to see who delivers the mail into it. Long story...but not worth the lip err typing service.

So I've joined other RR's and seed swaps to keep me busy and my impatient mind off of the arrival of my little package of precious gifts :) so I'm impatiently packaging seeds for other swaps...and impatiently awaiting arrival of them all. Geeeze it just compounds how impatient I am...pacing...pacing...pacing........

o

Tom, I received my seeds today too. I was so happy to see them all. I am sure you had a hard time with the ALL edibles. Sorry! I did get a few of the ones I sent back but no worries. I did get a couple that were on my MOST wanted list. Thanks again for hosting the swap. It was so much fun.

Nancy

o

Tom, thank you, thank you for a wonderful time! You did a terrific job on the blackjack 21/21 swap.
I received my seeds in the mail yesterday & was all aglow. I made myself a pot of tea, turned off the tv, radio, telephone, put a do not disturb sign on the door and settled in to open my envey. It was the best time ever! I was thrilled with all the goodies.
Vickie

o

Hi Tom,
I received my envelope today and want to say THANK YOU for all your work with this swap.

Andrea
Appaloosa909

o

Thank You for hosting this swap!!! :-) And Thank You to everyone who participated in it. Oh I can't wait to sow these seeds!! Yippee!!

Best to you and many blooms,
quiltingfox

o

I received my seeds from the swap today. Great selection. Thanks to everybody who participated. Some will be winter sown tomorrow. Tom you were a great host.

Don (dem_pa)

o

Received my seeds today too -

THANKS all - I love the selection.

Mine will be wintersown as well:) now or in a few months -

Thanks Tom:)

Happy Gardening -
Deb

o

Got my seeds today! Great swap, Tom! and thanks everybody who contributed. Will definitely be WSing some of these!
Sue

PS Tom, are you still looking for pussy willow? email me if you are.

o

They came! Holy Cow what a nice selection. Thanks Tom for hosting, you did a great job. And thanks to everyone who contributed, clc 70.

o

My seeds arrived today. Thank you so much for everything--I'm thrilled!

o

I got my seeds today. Great job, Tom! Now that you have that experience under your belt, maybe next time you will change the game from Blackjack/21 to 500/Rummy.

o

Got mine today! Thank you!!

o

Got mine too! Woo Hoo! Thanks for hosting this trade & hope to have it again next year!

o

Hi Tom,

Got my seeds today. Yippee! Great bunch of seeds many of which were on my want list. Thanks so much!

Amy

o

I got my envelope today. Thanks so much! There are all kinds of fun things in there to try.

o

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I received my package of goodies :) LOTS and LOTS of little gems :)

Quite a few were from my wish list...Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!!

o

Good grief, I STILL didn't get mine! Tom, I really think they got routed over seas!

:(Fran

o

Received my seeds on Friday, such a great variety, some were on my wish list too! Whoo Hooo :) Thanks Tom for hosting and happy gardening to my fellow seed-a-holics LOL

La Donna

Flowers Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Received mine yesterday, Tom! Thanks so much for a great variety! I am especially excited by the Red Bunny Tail Grass, Blue Fescue Grass, - some of my MAJOR wants! And I am no officially fascinated by the Davidii Viburnum and the Tithonia 'Fiesta Del Sol'! Thank you so much to everyone who participated! I can't wait to see these blooming! And THANK YOU to Tom for hosting this!

Kathy

o

I got the seeds yesterday, thanks for hosting,
jan ")

o

OMG TOM!!! YOU DID A SUPER FANTASTIC JOB ON MY BAG!!! THANK YOU AND THANKS TO ALL WHO SENT IN TO THIS SWAP!!!

There is NOT ONE and I really mean NOT ONE IN THIS ENVY I CAN NOT USE! THANK YOU...WOW, I have NEVER gotten a envy back from a swap that didn't have a few packets of something I couldn't use until today!

BTW Tom, I apparently don't know where I live I put the wrong city on my envy, THANK GOODNESS I had the right zip code....lol.
It is NOT my fault I have lived in the hometown I was raised in almost all my life and I am so used to putting THAT city on everything, my mom and sister still lives there so sometimes when I put my address down I put the wrong one and I usually catch it and correct it but I was in a rush the day I mailed out to you and didn't realize it. Haven't lived in this town a year yet, but you'd think I'd KNOW where I am....lol
SO the delay in getting it here to me was my fault....but now it is here and I am very impressed! Thank goodness the post office knew where I was..lol.

Thanks again,

o

Glad everyone so far is happy. Like I said, at the end, I just started stuffing packages with leftovers. But everyone got more than 21, I hope. LOL

Alana, no thanks. 21 was more than enough. I don't know how these 100 pack hosts survive.

Fran, the wrong city probably confused them. Glad you got it.

Sue, I actually got pussywillow today in the mail. Now I have to send a bunch of my plants to fill my end of the deal. I got black, giant white, red, and coral ember cuttings. WOOHOO!

And thanks for all the great seeds everyone sent. I tried really hard to make sure people got a couple things from their want lists. Some were easy, others were kind of hard. And I kept most of the marigolds and morning glories. With all my mosquitoes, the marigolds will come in handy this summer. :)

o

Hi!
I received my seeds today! Whoo hoo! I agree wholeheartedly with everyone else. It is very apparent how much attention was given to this swap. Many of my wishes were fulfilled. Thank you Tom for all your hard work. And thanks to this wonderful group who sent in all these great seeds.
Hi Fran, you made me laugh! I am glad your seeds found you! You don't have blonde hair do you? LOL!

o

SC I was born a blonde but as I got older it changed to dk brown, BUT I am incline to believe the true roots are STILL there...lol Glad everyone gets a chuckle out of my dumbness....hehe, just know I try SOOOOOO hard! LOL

Tom, I am sure I confuzzled them really well. I bet they were trying to figure out which place I was really in...lol. Glad they got it right, but as far as I know there is no road with this name in the other small town. So I am sure that helped them figure it out too.

:)Fran

o

dem_pa said exactly what I was going to say

"I received my seeds from the swap today. Great selection. Thanks to everybody who participated. Some will be winter sown tomorrow. Tom you were a great host. "

Which is ironic because, Don, I got several of your seeds and am very happy about it.

Thanks everyone!

Seedmama

o

Should I have gotten my seeds by now, or were mine one of them that was sent toward then end? I only ask because I see a lot of people have already gotten theirs.

Kris

o

Kris, all except for Kiddo, Angelady, and ConnieSC went out last week. Everything else was mailed as of Tuesday, Jan 20. Hopefully they will come today. I would assume a 7-10 days would be long enough for all the seeds except those going to Hawaii. Send me an email if you don't have them by Wednesday. I'll see what we can work out. I want to make sure everyone gets something. Especially since you sent so many seeds.

o

I received mine today - thank you, Tom, and to all who participated for a lovely selection. What a fun swap!

Kim

o

I will probably get mine last because my Post Office is the pits. I just hope they don't send it back. I mailed an envelope on or before 20 December and it still hasn't arrived at the destination, or been returned to me.

o

It's odd how the PO lays out these zones. I'm sure it has something to do with that. And of course, because you're waiting on them. LOL.

o

Tom, I received my package today. Wow!! Thanks to everyone who participated and shared some really great seeds. Tom, thanks so much for hosting this swap for us. and a very special thanks for the potato vines. They looked like they made the cold trip really well. I really appreciate it.

o

I got mine today. Thank you all for the wonderful seeds, and a special thank you to our host!

Kris

o

Whew. Glad you got yours Kris. I didn't want to have to dig through my seeds to find even a few of your wants. Most of mine have been wintersown and I rarely keep seeds through the summer. They are for planting, right? :)

Good deal Connie. Just drop it in water and let it root. I took a few cuttings of my own to do the same here. Never can have too many green/black vines to fill in dead spots.

o

Hello Tom and all you wonderful people in this swap.
You have been a great host Ton I just love everythig I got. The roses look terrific Tom Thanks so very much.I will be growing many plants I've nerer grown before
Thanks to evryone here
Kiddo

o

• Posted by plsell Zone 9 - Louisiana (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 31, 09 at 19:49

Tom

I got my seeds in yesterday. Thank you so much for doing this swap and also thanks to micyrey for helping me out. I can't wait to plant my garden this summer. I've now got vegetables I would never have gotten on my own. I will plant them all....can't wait to try them.

o

I'm so glad i saw the date of this last post by plsell because Iwas feeling left out with no seed package yet! Bummer, the anticipation is killing me...Chris
***For those who have trades with me, my comcast email carrier deleted all my pages except for the last 2 pages, not that i had that many , i had 5 pages i hadn't put in folders yet...so I don't know who and what now, hopefully my notepad doc for January trade was updated enough to contain ever trade and SASBE in process! so if you need to contact me, I just opened a new Gmail account ,where my emails will never need to be deleted or put into folders, so contact me initially thru my GW page, the email there has been updated to this new email address, thank you, if i forgot you in a trade please contact me. Thanks. Chris

o

Are there others still waiting for their seeds, or am I the only one? Carol

o

Are you serious? You still haven't gotten yours? Anyone else?

o

hello
mine are taking their time getting here too
I sure hope they didn't loose another one. I had a swap envie with over 100 seed packets in it get lost last fall.
I'll let you know if they make it
michelle

o

So three people still haven't received theirs? You know, the USPS is about to get on my last nerve.

Grolikecrazy and I have completed another trade using priority mail. In the first shipment, they delivered me an empty package. Yes, empty. She resent the cuttings, but still, this is unacceptable. It's been weeks since everything was mailed out.

o

That is awfull Tom ,but I got one better.One of my traders said his package was empty and postage due.
Go Figure. Even so I re-sent everything
Kiddo

o

Mail seems to be a lot slower after Christmas-or am I imagining that?
I hope your missing packages did not come through SE KY. We just had two postal workers arrested. One had embezzled holiday cards this season, the other had kept about 1000 pieces of mail instead of delivering it.

o

I feel really bad for you three that have not gotten your packages yet. I really wonder what this world is turning into these days, when you can't even trust the post office anymore.

Getting to thinking about it, I think the next round robin I am in I will be sure to use a postal tracking number on my package.

Kris

o

You know, I wonder if it does any good to have a tracking number. From what I understand, if it gets lost with a tracking number, there is still nothing that can be done. The only option is insurance and then you get money instead of the seeds. I'm sure the safest best would be tracking AND insurance... I just can't see putting out 65 cents every time I mail without even being protected and insurance on top of that sure isn't cheap, but at least it covers ya!

You know, it's also possible that those who haven't gotten theirs before have now, right? Have they checked back in? I agree that mail does seem to move much slower from the 2nd week in December onward for awhile.

Blessings,
Angela

o

No, I don't have mine yet, but I have the Post Office from hell. In the last two months:

1. I mailed a pkg in Dec that still isn't there.
2. I helped a neighbor find the mailbox where the mail should have gone, that was in her box.
3. Found another neighbors mail on the ground under the mailbox.
4. Had a call from the PO saying they couldn't deliver a package because I didn't have a mailbox. (Same one for 7 yrs.)
5. Argue with me at the PO that I didn't live at the address where I said I lived.
6. Couldn't find the pkg at the PO, but later did and it was marked "vacant house but they were home", and had another address also written on the pkg by the PO.
7. One package returned to sender.
8. Had a magazine delievered to me that belonged to my best friend that lives a couple of miles away. I guess they were stuck together and so I got both.
9. Token, I think you mailed to me on Jan 16th. Is that right?

I think I will be last to receive the package, if I get it at all......and they want to raise the cost of postage !!!!

o

I guess if we have a confirmation # the slip of paper says that we can check online at www.usps.com or call 1-800 222 1811 form inquiries .I guess it tells us where it is?
Let me try it , for this package I just mailed off for a RR swap.

ok, this is what 'i got when I entered the #:

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 2040 0001 2987 6945

Your item was processed and left our LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231 facility on February 5, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

That's better than nothing I guess. Chris

o

Thanks for checking, Chris. Yes, I think you're paying to know where it is, but even that you don't know. I was told it left the Dallas processing area (6 hours from here) and was on its way to me, but I never got any more info after that. I have also heard that you can file paperwork, etc., but it's a real pain in the rear and still, there's nothing that can be done. I'd sure like to verify what confirmation numbers really do for you. If they're truly worth it, great. Otherwise, I figure if my package is lost, then I'm out for not paying for insurance... ugggh...

SoonerGrandmom- I sure hope you get your package....

Is there anyone else who hasn't received at this point, or is SoonerGrandmom the last one who's waiting on theirs?

Blessings,
Angela

o

hello
well I still have not gotten mine, but thats the way it goes I have been very lucky this last year and still have plenty of seeds.
I have never lost a package that had DC#s, I think I'm gonna do DC#s for all the Left over swap packages.

don't worry I'll post if it gets here.

there was a swap over a year ago and every envie was lost, the hostess took the envie to the PO and not one ever made it to the players. I felt so sorry for her, I think she left GW after that, some people were very upset. she did resend to everyone out of her own seeds using DC#s and they made it that time.

please don't worry your self about it, there is nothing to be done but wait and see. I have hosted several swaps and I know you feel responsable if someone dose not get their envies.
michelle

o

All packages were mailed by Jan 21 except for 3 and I know those three have received theirs.

I'd like to know who hasn't received theirs as of today.

Michelle, I know it's the Post Office's fault. It's just incredible that out of 42 participants, they can lose 3, 4 packages? That's a horrible rate of failure.

o

I still have not received mine! :( Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here