Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

UPDATE: ~~~January Hortiholics Anonymous~~~

hummingbirddaisy
17 years ago

Happy New Year Angels!

Wishing you all a healthy, joyous and prosperous year full of blooms and plentiful harvests.

We have a new member: Dawiff (Alison)

Welcome Alison! We are so pleased to have you and hope that you enjoy being a part of this wonderful group of great ladies. I can honestly say that each of you are simply a joy and a blessing.

Julie - Oh Julie........... are you back from your vacation yet? Mrs. Welcome wagon ;-)

Looking forward to sharing in the New Year with you all

Tina

Comments (134)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Welcome to the group, Susan!

• galium
    17 years ago

Deb, what kind of program do you use to make your beautiful gif's?????
    Thanks,
    Mariann

• micke
    17 years ago

I have actually had a horrible week. we had a awful ice storm and lost power for a while, when it came back on my computer was on the fritz. got a new modem in today, so here I am! I sent my box out with a note explaining my situation, thought I was going to have to take myself out of the rest of the swaps. sorry for ruining the mystery:( Just didn't want to disapear without a warning.
    thank you so much for the happy birthdays, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:) and after the week I have had I needed it. we have another storm due in this weekend, so we may lose power again:( lots of people in my area are still without power, the kids were out of school all week. and they may miss some of next week if it gets bad again.
    good news though! My mother gave me a digital camera for my birthday and I took pics of the inch thick ice still on my tree after almost a week, as soon as I get it figured out I will post pics:)
    michelle

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Michelle, What a rotten week you've had! I feel so bad for all the people who were in the path of these awful ice storms, especially since so many are not used to the experience. I have a friend in Austin, TX. who missed a lot of work last week because of it. Hope the kids go back to school next week! Once you get pictures uploaded onto your computer, I can help you figure out how to post them.

Here's a free hug!

Alison

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susan - Where oh where are you!!! ;-)

We got six more inches or so of snow last night. Kids are loving it. It's still trying to spit here and there.

Thanksfully - Our Micke didn't get it bad again! Whew!

Julie - Cape Cod sounds fabulous! Rick is doing his best not to let me run him crazy, LoL. He's a good hubby :-)

Deb - Looks like Nancy gets the 3D bunny. LoL!!! IF she only knew me, she would NOT make me talk to myself MORE than I ALREADY do, ha! Thats ok. Iam just going to make her send me the candy she makes, heehee

Nancy - Repeat after me " I will send Tina all that yummy candy I make with my new 3D bunny mold!" :-)

OK
    I received my box yesterday. Ladies, this was a huge box and filled to the rim. I don't know how she got all of this to fit, but WOW!
    Let me see if I can list everything I was sent

Multiple (7!!!) books on scrapbooking and painting - awesome!
    Multiple baggies FULL of scrapbooking materials - again - AWESOME!
    A paint tote to carry my brushes etc in!
    A gift for my daughter (who just LOVED her lavender baggies full of very cool hair accessories) She says "THANK YOU a MILLION times!!!
    $5.00 gift cards, one each for my 3 boys (James, Lain and Rick!) Guess where we ate today, LoL! How cool was that! I would have never thought to do something like that. Too awesome
    A beautiful! necklace and earing set (Did you make these?) made out of seaglass. Just beautiful and I love them!
    A palette and 5 different acrylic paints
    A double loading carousel
    Rubber stamp set with a garden motiff
    2 wooden plates (I think to paint on?)
    2 wooden frames
    An awesome puzzle rooster coaster set
    5 reusable teaching guides for painting "One Stroke"
    magic transfer paper
    scrapbooking paper very pretty
    (Do I use the music sheets that just happen to be beautiful, for scrapbooking? I was thinking of just framing them :-))
    baggie full of different laces!
    A beautiful card with 2 seed packets "Varigated Lunaria" (YES!!!) and Rose rubrifolia Red Leafed Rose!!! (Another YES!!!)
    2 bags of Gourmet Coffee "Raspberry Chocolate Swirl" and "Jamaica Rum French Vanilla" Both smell heavenly. Going to try the rum and vailaa one first!
    Orange Ginger Mint tea another yum! for me!
    And!!!
    2 bags of Lindt Lindor Truffles "White Chocolate" and "Dark Chocolate" Could this be Heaven? (smiles)

I know who sent to me this month, so I am just going to thank
    Alison right now for such an awesome!!!! box. What did you do woman, crawl into my head or something? Everything was perfect!
    You went above and beyond girlie. Thank, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful box.

Big, HUGE hugs! to you.

Big huge hugs to all of my Angels!
    Have a wonderful week. Go make snow angels! :-)

Love, Tina

• galium
    17 years ago

I bit the bullet yesterday and cooked for my DH. His birthday dinner. I made shrimp stir fry with zucchini, broccoli, snow peas and lots of garlic. I mixed it with pasta. I told him that if he made anything but wonderful comments I'd make his life miserable for the next year. None the less he had to put his 2 cents in anyway. I had to use the pasta he likes, thick spaghetti, and cook it until you can mash it with a fork. mmmmmm, yuck. No al dente pasta for this guy. He did invade the kitchen several times to see what I was doing. I told him to go watch his football game or else I would have to hurt him... I had to scrutinize his face during dinner to see if he was making any of those "I don't like this" faces. Luckily, all went well and he said he loved the meal and the cake I baked. So now I don't have to make him miserable for a year. I'll just make him a little miserable like I usually do.

Tina, your box sounds great. Wonderful gifts.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Mariann, "I'll just make him a little miserable like I usually do." LOL My philosophy of marriage too! Sounds like you did a bang-up job on that meal, I would have loved it with all those veggies and garlic! (except for the pasta, it has to be al dente for me!) My DH knows by now that the comment I'm waiting for whenever I cook something new is "We can have this again."

Tina, I know I went way overboard on that first box. I just had so much stuff I wanted to give you! I'm glad you were thrilled.

I got my box on Saturday too. I know who sent it cause she put her name on the return address, but I won't say cause I know some like to guess.

I got:

A gardening apron (Yay, now I don't have to be jealous of Earthly's!)
    A new two-year calendar pocket planner (something I really needed, I usually have a new one by now, but this year for some reason I didn't, so that is really useful!)
    A metal plant bucket hanger (I always look at these in the store and have thought of buying one, but I never have, so now I have one! This is going on my fence.)
    A recipe book (the first thing I saw when I opened it was a recipe for individual molten chocolate cakes, can't wait to try some of the recipes in here, they all look really good!)
    Some really nice scented tea lights (vanilla?)
    A little ceramic candle holder for the tealights
    A ceramic coin bank shaped like a watering can, that says "Friends are the flowers in the garden of life."
    And a nice card welcoming me to the group!

I loved it all! Thank you so much to my Hortiholic friend.

Alison

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Hi Girls!

Seems like everyone's doing well -- that's always good to hear. Just wanted to pop in to say hi. We are having FREEZING weather here in Pennsylvania but it's long overdue so I am not complaining. Plus, it's fabulous weather for skiing.

A bunch of friends (and my hubby) and I all rented a lodge over the weekend and went skiing at a nearby resort. Each couple had to bring a meal, and I made Honey Lime Salmon. It was really good, if you don't mind me bragging a little. Everyone loved it (or else lied and said they did) except this one picky eater who made faces and pushed the plate away. Mariann, I feel your "Picky Eater Pain!"

Anyway, if you like salmon, here's the recipe:
    4 large shallots, minced
    2 large garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 jalape, minced (or 2 whole, if you like HEAT)
    3 limes
    3 tablespoons honey
    3 tablespoon olive oil
    6 salmon fillets, boneless and skinless

PREPARATION
    In a small bowl, combine the shallots, garlic, and jalapeño.
    Cut the limes in halves and squeeze the juice into shallot mixture.
    Heat a sauté pan with the oil until hot. Sauté the salmon fillets on one side for about 3 minutes.
    Turn salmon and add the shallot mixture. Reduce the heat to medium and cook salmon for 3 to 5 minutes or until done.

Arrange each salmon fillet on a hot plate. Spoon the sauce over. Serve with salsa. MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Oh, and don't forget the margaritas!

Buenos noches!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hey everyone. kristen, thanks for the recipe. i just picked up a big-azz piece of salmon so that's how i will prepare it. and to think i was just going to use a lemon dill sauce. i have all those ingredients, so i'm good to go. tonight i had trout and that was so good.

mariann, too funny about your old man and his taste buds. next time take out most of the pasta and leave his portion in to cook to mush.

so alison got an apron...well, la ti da! HA HA HA isn't it exciting? wonder if you got the same type or from the same person - wait, i don't think so, i got mine this month. interesting. we'll have to compare notes at the end of the month. and was yours handmade? MINE WAS na na na na na na

tina, nice box.

where are all the other members of this group?

we had a little snow last night, nothing to write home about. i went out late, cleaned off the walkway and steps and the car because the weathermen talked about this terrible icing and freeze during the night...THEY LIED!

i actually took a bus today and an elevated train. i had an appointment in the city. normally, i would take the train, but logistics caused me to take alternate modes of transportation. it was interesting. i guess it's a little better when it's normal work hours and all the workers are on these things, but as it gets later, the blue hairs and the crazies are out.

have a good night everyone, stay warm
    maryanne

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,Sounds like everyone is getting some really nice boxes.Mine is finally on its way pal. Oh my today I went head to head with our new postmaster.Deb,I swear he is related to yours!LOL I had my name blacked out on my box for my pal like I always did with my NICE old postmaster and this new dude got all up in my face and absolutely refused to mail it like that.Started spouting off regulations like I was a 5 year old.Oh I was mad!He won of course.....Whipped out his little label roll and wrote my return address on himself.So anyway my secret pal will probably be able to figure out where it came from pretty easy.I Tried.Hope you like what I sent ya pal : )
    USPS #01038555749943847752

Kristen that salmon recipe sounds yummy.Thanks for posting it.

Maryanne,blue hairs and the crazies...good to know you have some there too.

Mariann,good to hear your hubby approved of your meal.So glad you didn't need to hurt him.LOL Made me hungry just reading about your menu.

Well surprise..surprise my mind just shut down with no warning again.Hate when that happens!

Love Ya Gals!!
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

after all the years of mailing packages and placing the confirmation label where it fits, one postal clerk gave me a 10 minute lecture as to the correct placement of said label. another time, another jerk, i mean clerk (and you know who you are if you are reading this mr. mirrored glasses) anyway, he pulled out his tape measure, proceeded to measure length and width and height, and then told me he had every right to open it and inspect it. i told him what he could inspect. when that azz is on duty, i will let anyone go ahead of me if i'm next to his line. he's the same one that rejected my mailing a book media rate because i had a card in the box. other than those occasions, i've never had a problem. i use other people's addresses when i'm trying to keep things secret and many times, i've left my name off and put just an address.

and by the way, i sent my box off today too and i used nancy's address to throw my partner off this month! lol

maryanne

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Kristen,
    Thanks for the salmon recipe, it sounds delicious!

Nancy,
    My post office person must of transferred, LOL!

Mariann,
    I'm glad things went well for your Husband's birthday dinner! I make chicken stir fry quite often. The kids aren't crazy about shrimp.

Deb

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Kristen, I love salmon, I will have to try that recipe.

Maryanne, I was going to ignore you AND spell your name wrong just to get you back for all those na na na nas! LOL But I have to say I never thought to use the address of one of the other Hortiholics here to throw off my pal. Next month I will have to try that. You clever woman! (and no, my apron wasn't handmade. But it's great nonetheless! So boo to you!)

BTW, how did you prepare your trout? I have never had trout, I'd like to try it someday.

I knew I would forget something from my box. I also got a wonderful coffee mug with matching coaster. Very nice. DH almost confiscated it for himself.

Alison

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

hello ladies, i hope all of you are doing well. sorry i have not been on here much. i've had a hard time getting on. i have not shipped my box out yet. just a few more things and it will be finished..sorry pal to be so late in the month.hope you all have a great week and upcoming weekend. erica

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Well,it looks like my head is up my A**. I thought that I posted about the package I received... DUUH!!! Sorry Pal!!!
    I have been so scatter brained, I received my box last week full of surprises. Let's see if I can remember everything: Chocolate chip cookies(all gone, kids ate them) two kitchen towels and pot holders(so I don't burn my hands...I do that a lot!), a flashlight( will come handy when the power goes out again), soaps and body lotion( love that stuff) a miniature ceramic tea set, a book, seed packets, a wooden apple trio( really pretty)and a beautiful flower pot with butterflies and roses. Thank you so much pal, I hope your box is as great as the one you sent me.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Evening Angels ~

Here is the list of whosawhatsit as of today :-)

Received:
    micke
    bogartbaby
    galium
    earthly
    debbya
    tastefullyjulie
    dawiff
    hummingbirddaisy

Still waiting:
    sguanzon
    cedarnest
    kayemell
    efrosty
    micyrey

Everyone is getting such nice boxes :-).

LoL at Deanie..... been there, done that.
    I'm like Nancy, brain just up and shuts down on me without any warning, LoL.

Glad all of the storms have passed.

Erica - It is good to see you posting. We've missed ya!

I've not heard anything from our newest member? Susan. She seems active on the boards. Maybe my e-mails aren't getting to her.......

Deb - I have your Birthday Swap box ready. Will get it mailed this week. Sorry so late. I've been slow at everything this month.

Does anyone ever go and check out the site where the questionnaires are (I mean besides me, Maryanne and Mariann)?

I was going to do this as a surprise, but I don't think trying to do this thru e-mail will work very well, so I am going to "ruin" this a bit, but.....

Rick set up a chat board on the site with the Q's because I thought it would be really nice to throw Kristen a "going away party" of sorts. I would like it we could all get together at the same time and just sit and chat.
    What do you all think?

Kristen - What do you think? I know you are very busy, so we would all try and work around your schedule. I also wanted to tell you that when you get back, come join us again!

The weather has been pretty mild here the last couple of days. I actually went to the store yesterday and GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE for a change. That was nice. I rearranged my garden room and hubg some pictures and my gardening hat (hung it on the door). I've been sorting through all of my books, craft supplies, etc. Now, just some place to store them! Storage is so short in this house.
    I've also been drooling over the new catalogs coming in the mail. I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy have cabin fever. I want to play in the dirt.
    I had 3 bad days and 2 good ones. Don't go back to the dr. until Feb 6th.

Sorry for rambling on. I've been in this "spaced out" zone all day today (and no! I am sober, LoL)

Hugs,
    Tina

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello

Tina - I know what you mean about cabin fever, my MIL and I are taking the boys to springfield, MO next week if the weather holds. ther are some cool indoor activeities there.

I have some dianthus cumming up and the hen and chicks seeds I started are doing great. I'm also rooting some more coleus for some trades I will be doing when the weather warms up, I also want to keep my coleus plants small so I keep pruning them and rooting the pieces.

dose anyone know how to propigate burning bush from cuttings? my in-laws have an absolutly stunning burning bush, it is the brightest red I have ever seen. I would realy like to get a start from it.

well thats all for now
    after hearing about all the boxes I can't wait till I get mine:)
    micyrey

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh Happy Day!! My box arrived from my secret pal today and I Love It.Where to begin.. She sent a Stepping stone with a cute little frog.A pretty cherub placque,A garden stake that says keep off the grass,potpourri,notecards,journal, floral hand soap,smells yummy!!,a gardeners delight bath and body set that smells wonderful and came with a knee cushion.My knees thank you for that : ) And a wonderful orchid cactus "overture" that made the trip without even freezing.Oh I am sooo happy about that.I have wanted one a longggg time.Thanks so much Secret Pal!! I Love Everything You Sent!! Super Hugs To You!!
    Nancy

• micke
    17 years ago

micrey, you are going to be right by me if you go to Springfield (well it is about 30 minutes or so away) where are you from? Tina I just realized I don't have a info sheet on micrey.
    what indoor activities do they have? usually the only thing we do in Springfield is go to Bass Pro, most of the time we pass on by and go to Branson:)

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    micke - well we are from Quincy, IL just across the river and a tinny bit north of Hannibal, MO
    I drove down to Mississippi river this morning and along with all the ducks and geese there were no less than 12 eagles, most were juvies and only a few had the white heads.
    when we go to springfield we will go to Bass pro and the small indoor zoo next door, there is the Fantastic caverns my MIL said it has a tram you can ride through the caves. the boys will love that
    there is a nice mall in Joplin but I don't know if we are going that far.
    there is also a drive through zoo it's not indoors but we can stay in the truck and turn up the heat.
    Micke would you like some coleus, arrow head (house plants) or geraniums? I can't ship due to the cold but I could bring some with me. I also have lots of baby columbines too fragil to ship and half are dorment but all are indivigualy potted and about 4 to 5 months old and most named.
    if you wanted to come by our hotel and do a trade let me know
    we will be there tuesday night and leaving thursday mid morning
    micyrey

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Julie, I've been meaning to respond to your question about restaurants in the area. Sorry it took me so long. I almost never go into town to eat. The last time was probably two years ago, and we went to an excellent Mexican place called Sol Azteca. Small, but very good food.

All the big hotels have good restaurants too. There's a Ritz Carlton that does high tea. A friend has recommended the Capital Grille. I know lots of places in the burbs, but they are all chains.

Sounds like you have a fun trip planned. I love the Cape, but I haven't been there in years either, not since DS was little, and he's 24 now.

Hope everyone is staying warm. It's frigid cold here now.

Alison

• mellen
    17 years ago

Micyrey, I have a sister who lives within 25 miles of Keokuk, IA. I'm sure you know where that is. DH also has an aunt and cousins that live in Hannibal. So I know your area well. Just have never been to Quincy. I suppose you have heard of all the HUGE catfish that are caught around the locks and dams along the Mississippi. And yes, that is a great place for eagle watching. I didn't realize that they are really a scavenger until they showed up around our place. The farmers around here spread their hog manure from their buildings and that will always bring eagles down onto the ground scavenging for whatever chunks of meat they can find. Oops. Just realized this sounds kinda gross. But when you see them on the ground, they are really a huge bird. And their wing span is spectacular! Then to see them take off is just the most wonderful sight.

We had temps. in the high 30's today. I left right after work to come home so I could fill all the bird feeders. It was gorgeous outside. Am afraid the week-end is supposed to have highs in the teens, though.

Gotta go. Hubby is cooking supper as usual. Tonight it's hot dogs in the fireplace. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    mellen - yes we have herd the stories about the hugh cats in the river but we have yet to catch one, we get some small ones from time to time.
    I grew up in Los angeles and had never realized there was so much wild life out here, I get prob ten diffrent kinds of birds at my feeders, not counting the hawks, kestrals, and owls I have found hunting in the yard.
    we go to hannibal to go shopping at some of the cool little tourist shops. we go through keokuk sometimes to.
    I hope the weather holds out for next week I'm looking forward our trip next week.
    by for now
    micyrey

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Mellen! :-)

susandonb - Please forgive me, I don't mean to sound rude. But, I have to get partners paired up for February ASAP. I haven't heard from you. Are you getting my e-mails? I posted to your RR thread. Please post here promptly if you would still like to join us. We'd love to have you.

Yeah!!!! Girls :-) We have went over the 100 posts mark!
    ~~~~~~cha cha cha cha cha cha~~~~~~~ doing a happy dance :-)

Erica - where oh where are you? Come and visit woman!

Any ideas about giving Kristen a "going away" chat party?

If you need the addy again, just e-mail me.

Good night Angels ~
    Tina

• galium
    17 years ago

Tina I'd like to do the chat and give Kristen a nice send off.

Kristen your recipe for salmon sounds delicious. Although by the time I remove the ingredients my DH doesn't like the recipe is ruined.

I love watching the birds too. We have several bird feeders. One of them is outside our picture window in the living room. This gives us front row seats. I also have a thistle feeder for gold finches. The squirrels are always trying to raid the feeders and they are tenacious.

I was going to do some winter sowing yesterday. Unfortunately my potting soil was frozen solid. Had to bring it in so I can do some today. I don't have a basement so there really is no place to store anything.

Have a great weekend,
    Mariann

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Hi Girls --Lots of stuff to talk about today...

First of all, I just got my wonderful surprise box from my Secret Pal and was absolutely thrilled! Pal, you truly outdid yourself. Allow me to share what this generous lady gave me: the most darling pocketbook you ever saw -- are you ready for this -- Sweater-knit + fur!!!! No I am not kidding. It is the most fabulous ever and I will have it with me non-stop in Russia. My sister was here when I opened my box and was eyeing it up jealously, but no way is she getting it. Maybe when I get back she can BORROW it. Then, there was a delightful trio of spa treats: bath crystals, Peony body lotion, and Peach Mango Sorbet bath fizz balls. Guess what I'm doing tonight?!! Hint -- it involves a bathtub and a seed catalog. (Does anyone beside me read in the tub?) And finally (and this one made me cry) the most gorgeous HUGE snowglobe with a scene of the Aspen mountains and two old fashioned skiers...AND it plays "Let it Snow." Pal, you know how much I adore skiing. I just have to take a picture to post later today as soon as I charge my camera. You are the most generous, thoughtful, kind, and creative person. I cannot thank you enough and I can't wait to find out who you are!!!

On to the next subject -- the virtual "goodbye party." You are all too sweet for words. I would just love to do something like that. Tina, you are so smart to know how to arrange for a live chat. I would not know where to start. I am generally available after 9 p,m, E.S.T. on Wednesdays and Thursdays. If we can set something up that would be great -- if not (and I understand everyone's crazy schedules) -- I will try to post a hello as often as possible from Russia.

Now here's an idea I would love to run past all my dear, wonderful Hortiholics. (Hold onto your garden hats.) Do you think there would be the slightest chance that we could plan a get-together at the Cincinnati Flower Show? It seem like that part of Ohio might be accessible to many of us, and I would just love for us to meet in person.

Check it out:

http://www.cincyflowershow.com/

I will be back in early April and would be happy to make all the arrangements, get us a block of rooms for those who want to stay over, etc. It would be more fun than I can imagine. So let me know!

Love you all...

• micke
    17 years ago

micrey, that would be nice, but alas, I don't go to Springfield by myself (ever, I have a real direction problem)
    Joplin is to the West of us (we live just outside of the city limits) would you really drive that far to go to the Northpark mall? Fantastic caverns are excellent, my mother has taken my son and he just loved it!
    michelle

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

hello ladies,
    sorry i haven't posted much. trying to catch up on rest today. my box is ready just finished it. shipping will be monday. sorry not to get out earlier..

i got my pal's box yesterday..all i can say is wow!!!!

--
    -huge bag of seeds
    -gooseberry patch (country friends go quilting) i love their books i have several crafts book from them
    --darling stain glass ornament with my name on it (it's going in my car to hang of the mirror)
    --a garden mystery book (fruit of the poisoned tree)
    --wooden box of note cards
    --cooper plant markers
    --can cooler
    --hand wash for the gardener
    --collector's tea pot set--tea pot is shaped like a sewing machine with 2 boxes of tea
    --onion relish -- jalapena pepper jelly

thank you so much pal. i loved unwrapping everything, it was so much fun..
    erica

• galium
    17 years ago

How about a chat on the Hort Anon Web Site for Wednesday January 31st at 9pm??????????????????

Mariann

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

WFM, SYT. (i dare you to figure that out)

maryanne

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

works for maryanne, see you there

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

YGG!

• galium
    17 years ago

Young Gardening Gal??????????????LOL

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

mope, but you did get one word right :-)

• susandonb
    17 years ago

Tina,
    I hear you are looking for me? Whats up?

I signed up for a Feb swap but didnt realize this was a seperate one? I am still trying to follow all that goes on here. It is a fun fast moving site but keeping up is exhausting! :)

Sorry it took me so long to get back here.

Susan

• galium
    17 years ago

Yikes Good Guess????????????
    Yummy Green Grapes???????

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!

I'll be there too!
    Rick found a much better chat board, so this should be really fun!

Kristen - I hope you can make it!!!!

Hope you all can make it!

Good Night Angels -
    Tina

Oh Susan - I sent you another e-mail.

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hmmm, my MOPE should have been NOPE

tina got it! isn't she just so clever?

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

chow fat

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

terrier skinny?

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

Delivery Confirmation #0305 2710 0000 9956 5431

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Hi Girls -- I am going to join you on the chat for a little while tonight.

Tina - Are you going to spill the beans on who our pals were? I need to send mine a big giant cyber-smooch!

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Spilling the bean on January Pals: :-)

hummingbirddaisy sent to sguanzon (in transit)
    sguanzon sent to micke
    micke sent to bogartbaby
    bogartbaby sent to cedarnest
    cedarnest sent to KayEmEll
    KayEmEll sent to galium
    galium sent to earthly
    earthly sent to efrosty
    efrosty sent to micyrey (in transit)
    micyrey sent to debbya
    debbya sent to tastefullyjulie
    tastefullyjulie sent to dawiff
    dawiff sent to hummingbirdaisy

Thanks for another wonderful month ladies!

Sue and Michelle R, please forgive Erica and I for being slackers this month. Both of us are in the naughty chair since you both didn't receive your boxes IN January.

Kristen - You have safe travels darlin'. We are going to miss you something terrible!!!!!!!!
    Love, Love, Love xoxoxoxoxoxox

• micke
    17 years ago

Okay Sue, spill the beans yourself, what IS the grass you sent me? Thank You so much for my box!!!!!!!! I loved it sooooooo much:) the polka dot plant already has a bunch of new growth going on:)
    thankyouthankyouthankyou.............
    what is this chat board stuff? Did I miss something (scratching head in puzzlement)

• galium
    17 years ago

Kristen, I'm so sorry I missed you last night. I wanted to thank you for the wonderful box you sent me. I loved everything in it. Good luck to you.
    Hugs
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I received my most wonderful box today. Everything was so perfect and so thoughtful I just can't believe it! I received: Nice Garden Gloves, a mini watering can that is so precious and is so much like a larger one I have they make such a cute pair!
    Chocolate and chocolate silk morning glories some of my most wanted seeds! a cute basket that I'm going to keep my outgoing mail in. Tea light candles - can't have too many of those. A beautiful crystal candle holder. A big fat lil' notebook - how did you know I'm down to the last few pages of my old one. A garden hose spray nozzle - the one my DH has on the hose is never the right pressure - this one will be just right! A really gorgeous mini picture frame, a hanging basket with coro fiber potting soil, a little hanging house ornament - have it hanging on my kitchen cupboard - a really lovely pot and flowers stationery set. I just love to use notes like that! and Avon Skin so Soft lotion - seems like we are getting more mosquitos here every year and that's one of the only things that helps. and a special gift, a diary, for Ava. How thoughtful!

Thanks "secret pal" Tina, you're the best!

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

This is what I received from my secret pal!
    {{gwi:1316976}}
    GW would not let me repost a bigger picture under the Feb. tread, so I'm posting it here.

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I got my january box today, I'll try to rember everything in it.
    a nice bunch of seeds ( thank you thank you)
    and extra seed baggies
    templats for seed lables ( I love these)
    quilt block templates these will be great when I do my next quilt
    two candles pumpkin pie and happy
    tomato sause and garlic olive oil
    a patriotic angel
    I think thats all
    thank you very much to my pal
    micyrey

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Bogartbaby!! I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! for the wonderful box you sent me.I *Love* everything!!!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Nancy, the pleasure is all mine! I am glad that you liked everything and hope you get many more boxes like that.