Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barleychown

NEW: Third Annual Winter Blues Seed Swap

barleychown
14 years ago

Okay everyone! You have been saving seeds, right? Are you ready to swap?

Here are the details.

Everyone who wishes to be involved will send the seeds they want to include in the swap to me. When the deadline rolls around, I will then swap the seeds around, and mail your new seeds back to you.

All types of seeds are welcome; flowers, veggies, trees, shrubs, vines, ect.

Please include at leat 25 seeds in each pack, unless they are small seeds, then the general "rule" is 1/8 tsp. of seeds in each packet. If it's a rare or hard to come by seed, less than 25 is okay, but please be sure to note that on the packet.

Please label each packet with the name of the seeds, and as much info as you can about growing requirements like sun or shade, plant height, ect.

Also put your screen name on each packet, so if there are questions or problems with your seed, we can take care of them.

You may send in as many packets as you would like, but please no more than 10 packets of the same type of seeds. You will get back roughly the same number you sent in.

Mail your seeds to me in a padded (bubble) envelope. Include postage to return the envelope to you.

You may also include a brief (5-10 item) wish list of seeds...I will do my best to get you a few off the list.

The deadline for seeds to reach me will be January 31, 2010. My plan is to get them out right after that, so we all get a nice suprise in our mailboxes around valentine's day.

If you would like to be included, please sign up in this thread and I will email you my address.

This has been a popular swap in years past, and there are always some exciting seed varieties included. I hope to see many old friends, and many new friends joining the fun this year. :)

Comments (68)

• barleychown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Janet, your seeds have arrived. :)

Jessiew, please email me. Your email address is blocked.

Ladies, if all goes well, I will be headed out of town in the next day or so to pick up my newborn son. I'll catch up with y'all when I get home. :)

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Congrats Sarah on the newborn son!!
    Please sign me up and I'll get to work on mine! I will need an addy to send! Thanks, Melinda

• clc70
    14 years ago

I would like to participate again this year. thanks, Connie.

• sewwht
    14 years ago

I'd like to join in the fun! Sign me up.
    Dianne, sewwht@aol.com

• zabecc
    14 years ago

I have to go check my stash, but I should have enough to participate if you'll have me :)

• pearlpark
    14 years ago

I have seeds left. Count me in also.

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    if there is still time to sign up I would like to join.
    I can have my seeds on the way as soon as I get your address, thanks for hosting.
    michelle

• jessewo
    14 years ago

You have mail! Sorry for the delay!

• putzer
    14 years ago

Please sign me up! Anything to chase the blues away (as I look out the window at the four more inches of snow we got last night)!

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

would love to join,

Amy

• clc70
    14 years ago

Sara, I signed up on Jan. 3rd but have not recieved an address yet. My seeds are all packed up with no where to go! Please e-mail me your address so I can get them out to you, thanks, connie.

• scottrell
    14 years ago

Is there still time to sign up? I would love to participate! - Sharon

• barleychown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am home with my new son. :)

I believe I have now emailed everyone the address, but if for some reason you haven't heard from me, please email.

• jessewo
    14 years ago

The seeds are all packed & will be heading your way tomorrow!

• diggindirt49
    14 years ago

Sarah, congratulations on your new baby son, and thank you so much for hosting this swap. My seeds will go out tomarrow. Bev

• molanic
    14 years ago

My seeds went in the mail today.

• scottrell
    14 years ago

My seeds went in the mail today. - Sharon

• pearlpark
    14 years ago

I Mailed my seeds today.
    Earl

• diggindirt49
    14 years ago

My seeds went out today. Thanks Bev

• zoozue
    14 years ago

If it is not too late please sign me up also. Sadly all I have left is seeds thanks to odd winter weather. It will be nice to have something to do except look at my dead plants.

New to this swap.
    zoozue

• barleychown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

There is still time to join this swap, if you hurry. :)

I spent a couple hours yesterday starting the swap process, and there are some wonderful seed varieties this year! I'm really excited.

• fleethart
    14 years ago

I need more seeds like I need another hole in my head, so sign me up!
    Seriously, maybe I should get me head checked...

Off to sort seeds,
    Tauna

• putzer
    14 years ago

My seeds are in the mail as of today!

• patti1957
    14 years ago

I mailed my seeds today.

Patti

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Mailed my seeds out on Tuesday.

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

hibiscusfan's seeds made a detour, but are back enroute today.

• daisyb
    14 years ago

My seeds went out in the mail today. Thank so much Sarah.

Daisy

• clay_lady
    14 years ago

package went out yesterday thanks clay_lady

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

BUMP Looking forward to receiving some great seeds.

• barleychown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alright, here's the list of packages I have recieved...please let me know if you sent one and don't see your name listed.

clc70
    pearlpark
    cottrell
    molanic
    jessew
    micyroy
    bestofour
    wrennie
    sewwht
    penny
    ppeck8
    digindirt49
    appaloosa909
    zoozue
    putzer
    hibiscusfan
    daisyb
    poisondartfrog
    janet-n-ntx
    duh
    clay-lady
    fleetheart
    fillion

There are some amazing seeds, and you all will be pleased. :)

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

I don't see my name. I sent my seeds well over a week ago would have hoped they had arrived by now. Let me know when they turn up.

Amy

• barleychown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Amy, as I mentioned in the email, I have yours...it just didn't get on the master list. :)

They have been swapped, stuffed, amd mailed. Watch your mail boxes! :)

• patti1957
    14 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thank you everyone what a great selection. I love all of them!

Patti

• fleethart
    14 years ago

Oh my goodness!! You all save amazing seeds and the variety is fantastic! My gardens continue to grow in size and quality. Everytime I swap its a new surprise and delight.
    Thank you all for such wonderful seeds.
    Yours Truly
    Tauna

• molanic
    14 years ago

Got my seeds today. Thanks so much to everyone.

• scottrell
    14 years ago

I received my seeds today! Thanks to you all!
    A very special thanks to our host, Sarah, you did a great job.

• daisyb
    14 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday and WOW what a nice surprise! Such a wonderful assortment - many I've never grown before and I can't wait to try my luck at growing them. Thank you Sarah for hosting this swap and thanks to everyone for sharing with me.

Daisy

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

Received my seeds... Thanks! :)

Andrea

• putzer
    14 years ago

Received my seeds today-LOVE the selection and the card was so sweet-thank you all so much and special thanks to Sarah!

• janet_n_ntx
    14 years ago

Sarah, thanks for the sweet card. I can't believe all the great seeds and so many that I wanted. So exciting !! I will have to decide where to put the new things in the garden.

• jessewo
    14 years ago

Wow! What a great assortment! The seeds came today & I'm so thriled at the variety. Thanks to you for a lot of hard work & everyone who traded such interesting stuff. Now to inventory & reserch my new friends! Thanks to all & happy gardening!

• clc70
    14 years ago

Received my seeds today. WAAHOO!!!! Great assortment. Thanks to all, and Thanks to Sara for all your hard work.

• clay_lady
    14 years ago

Hi
    I received my seeds. I'm so excited about the great seeds I found. It's like opening a treasure chest. Thanks so much for the swap and your time and sacrifices to make everyone so happy.

• pearlpark
    14 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday. What a nice variety. I am looking forward to see many of these in my gardens. Thanks to everyone and thank you Sarah for hosting.

Earl

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I have not received yet. Should I be concerned or are there others out there who have not gotten theirs either?
    Antsy Alana

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    alana you are not alone, I have not gotten mine yet eather.
    I have not checked the posts lately and had not realized they were on their way.
    michelle

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday.What a great variety.Thanks everyone, and thanks Sarah for hosting and for the cute card!
    Amy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday. Thanks folks!
    Alana

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    mine were at the post office, evedently they forgot to deliver the postage due card the 1st 2 times. it was almost sent to the dead letter office, that was a close one. but i got them and am very happy with all the seeds.
    thanks
    michelle

• diggindirt49
    14 years ago

Sarah, I recieved my seeds and very pleased with the assortment. Thanks you for hosting, and everybody that participated. Bev