Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: bday bash new year and games celebration

Posted by ncgardengirl 7b 8a NC (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 26, 08 at 13:59

Photobucket

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 Birthday Bashers!

May it be fill with GOOD HEALTH, LOTS OF LOVE, FAMILY, FRIENDS, and GOOD FORTUNE and MAY YOUR GARDENS PROSPER!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: bday bash new year and games celebration

NEW SCHEDULE
November---
17-debbya/Deb (IL)(Finished)

December---
Ornament AND Secret Santa Swap (almost wrapped up 1 box in movement at this moment)

January---
BREAK

February---
Cupid/Valentine Swap

March---
20ncgardengirl/Fran (NC)

April---
10---flwers4ever/Kym (R.I.)

May---
17---nikkineel/Nikki (GA)

June---
18---vic_zn5/Vic (MT)

July---
17---galium/Mariann (NJ)

August---
23---wynative/Marie (WY)

September---
26---hazelnutbunny/Melissa(AR)

October---
12---diene/diene(MA)

o

I decided it was better to make a new one as it seems we all were having a hard time finding the other one, YES EVEN ME!

I hope you all had a terrific Christmas day.

Soon we will start the new game of WHO sent to WHOM. I hope everyone will at least TRY to play.

Marie did your box arrive yet?

:) Fran

o

Well, I see everyone is busy again.

I am hoping Marie got her box already and just hasn't been able to post.
I am hoping to get the game started Monday. I have my list handy and ready to go.
And thank you so much for sending me those patterns again Marie!!!

Deb, I hope you are checking and are gonna play too.

Mariann, are you starting to finally get some rest? Did you daughter shut down the Kiosk yet or is she still going?

Bunny, how are you?

Kym, How was your Christmas? Where you happy with your box since you waited until Christmas to open it? You have more will power then me! I would have ripped right into that the minute I got it! And I did TOO...lol, I could wait on ANY of mine...

diene, how was your Holiday? and How are you?

Vic, I HOPE you made it through Christmas just fine, was it great? Were you able to rest any?

Nikki, WHAT'S UP??? LOL, how is the weather down your way? Did you have a rainy Christmas or was it just kind of on the warm side like ours?

Ok, well, off togo seed what else I can get into.

o

I will go ahead and send out my questionnaire (since I have had 2 requests for mine already) so you'll can get started looking for anything you might want to put in there. I have updated it since Christmas, lol. Just an added note, I am looking for a pretty wreathe and would be ok with 1 or 2 IF they MATCH each other, SHOULD you FIND such wreath please contact others to let them know you got me one so they will not be tempted to try to find another. I would really hate for someone to get that though because they would be akward to ship I think and I want a house size one to hang on the chimney and another to hang on the front porch so that may not be a good idea. If you can take advantage of the 50% or more off sales I wouldn't mind gift set in Vanilla or the 'cookie' scents...lol Just some suggestions, hehe. Just to let you know I have no quirks about getting something meant for a Christmas gift even in March IF you can't send plants or seeds....Trying to be helpful as always....hehe ;)

I will also send out Kym's just in case you can or want to be working on hers too, since she is April and you have Jan. through this few months to be on the look out for some deals.

OK, I will be sending these out to all shortly.

o

Hi Everyone-I hope you all had a really nice Christmas.

Fran-Don't know if I'll be around much to play the guessing game next week. I think I mentioned, in my email, that we'll be going up to my sister's farm for New Years. We started doing this a few years ago after my dad passed away. It was actually my DH's idea, bless his heart. My brother lives up there too so it'll be a fun family reunion. We missed last year because my DB was sick. I can't be around anyone with the flu or a cold because of one of the meds I take. We were so disappointed.

My DD's kiosk will close today! Thank heaven! She's closing down a week early. She said that quite a few of the kiosks are gone already or the owners don't show up. This mall has a J.C. Penny's and they are moving out next year. Business is so terrible this year.

I wanted to post a picture of a gift my DD made for me. She had a custom order for a ladybug. But she made 2 just in case the person wanted another one. I saw them and fell in love! They were so adorable. Anyway I told my DD I wanted the leftover one for Christmas. She said that her DH sold it. I was so disappointed. She fibbed!!! I took a picture of it and it's a little blurry. She said to decide if I want a stake attached to it to let her know. Then I can put it in a pot.
Photobucket

We are leaving on Tuesday, as long as my DB stays healthy, and we'll be back Thurs. or Fri.
Hugs to all,
Mariann

o

WOW OH WOW Mariann, tell Carol her ladybug is GORGEOUS!!! She is so talented!
Mariann, I want you to play so go ahead and put a guess in it is ok if you are a little early, Marie is the only one who hasn't received and we KNOW who sent to her already...lol
So go ahead and give it a whirl.
Have fun at your Sissy's farm, I would LOVE to be able to visit her myself, sounds like so much fun! Wish I had my own farm.

HEY YA'LL WHERE ARE YOU AT??? Come on now, we gotta get ready to PLAY!!!
Ok, well, off to what else I can do...

o

Hi Girls!

Mariann, that is adorable!!

Did everyone have a good Christmas?! I hope so!!

Our dog had puppies, and of course Zack thinks we are keeping them all! Jamie's sister wants one and he said that was ok, but we are keeping the rest! *sigh* this should be fun to deal with!

12/26/08
12/26/08

She wants the one with the pink nose : )

Take care girls!
Vic

o

My Secret Santa box arrived! Sorry I haven't posted before now but my son came to visit and could only be here a few days so I didn't get a chance to get on line. Thanks so much to you! I recieved a Snowman/bell ornament and Snowman night light (looks great in the bath room), a gardeners calendar - this is great as my new GrandPuppy ate the other one I had :) My daughter recieved a really neat candle making kit! She was upset with me because I told her she couldn't start it until she go back from her aunt's in Denver - poor baby hehehehe There was other great stuff also but I opened it 2 days ago and I can't remember all of it right now.

Vic - Oh MY GOSH! They are soooo cute - Think you could over night one to me? LOL The one with the pink nose is just adorable :) hint, hint !

I mentioned above that I have a new GrandPuppy -
Caesar
This is Caesar - he is a 6 month old Pitbull and just as sweet as can be. He loved being at my house cause there isn't any fences, plenty of room to run/play and he discovered CATS! He was so good with them but trying to convince the little darlin' that chasing cats was NOT an indoor sport wasn't any fun LOL

Christmas was nice - my daughter & I had a great time with my son! He hasn't been home in 2 years... It was so hard to see him & Caesar leave but we are going to try to go up in a couple month to visit and meet his girlfiend.

I hope everyone enjoyed the big day and Santa brought all that was wished for!
Marie

PS
Melissa???? Has your little one arrived?

o

Wow Marie,
Your grandpuppy doesn't even look REAL! Love his coloring, I love dark chocolate animals. Very beautiful indeed.

Wish you could remember what you received...but glad you posted you got it, Vic was worried.

OK let the games begin:

WHO sent to WHOM?

GOOD LUCK!!!

The prize since we have two who are not good with seeds will be a note pad. Like the grocery type you can hand on your fridge and a 2 year pocketbook calendar. How is that? UNLESS whomever wins wishes for some seeds as well then I will through in a pack of those.
Everyone will have a chance to guess. You can have 2 different tries and the one closest to being right will win!
Prize:
Note Pad
2 Year Pocket Planner
Packet of seeds if you request them if you win
LET'S PLAY!!

o

Fran-Did everyone play in the SS Swap? I seem to be missing a few boxes that aren't posted.
Mariann

o

Yeap Mariann here are the days they posted they received:

Posted by vic_zn5 5 MT (My Page) on Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 22:33
Posted by nikkineel 8/7b (My Page) on Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 18:10
Posted by debbya z4IL (da1763@aol.com) on Wed, Dec 3, 08 at 1:01
Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (My Page) on Sat, Dec 6, 08 at 13:01
Posted by ncgardengirl 7b 8a NC (My Page) on Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 20:29
Posted by debbya z4IL (da1763@aol.com) on Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 13:18
Posted by galium Z6 NJ (My Page) on Sat, Dec 13, 08 at 18:21
Posted by diene Z4ME (My Page) on Tue, Dec 23, 08 at 7:24
Posted by wynative z5 WY (My Page) on Sun, Dec 28, 08 at 13:55

So yes everyone played and everyone has now offically posted they received.

COME ONE FOLKS DON'T CHA WANNA PLAY? I KNOW it is not an easy one but it is fun trying to guess.
2 you already know for sure because they mentioned WHO sent to them, :)!!!

o

Hey Fran, do we post our guesses on here, or email you? I want to make sure I don't do a boo boo : )

Marie, where does your son live?

We are snowed in! We have gotten more snow here in Billings then in the past 30 years!! And it's only about 12 inches, but our driveway is 1/3 of a mile up hill to get out and the winds have been so high that it covered the driveway in snow about 3 feet deep or more! We can't even find anyone to plow us right now! SO, it looks like I will be getting one more much needed day off! BUT, I'm worried that I won't get my holiday pay (Thur and Fri) : (

Later girls!
PS, Marie the one with the pink nose is spoken for, but I'm sure I can send you one of the others! : )

Vic

o
Yes please post answers here

Hey Vic yes post here. If two ppl think the same thing then we will have a tie and see what happens then.

I am sure that will not happen UNLESS those are actually correct guesses!!!

Cute pups. I hope you still get your holiday pay. That sucks to be snowed in like that though...I wouldn't like to live where you live, I'd be afeared of falling off the mountain/cliff/ledge whatever that is...lol. And NO water source NO WAY ain't NO HOW!!!

At least you are getting some rest!!!

o

Hey Fran-Deb is on the list twice.

Here Goes~

Marie and Vic sent to each other
Nik and HNB sent to each other
Deb sent to diene
Fran sent to Deb
Mariann sent to Fran
diene sent to Mariann

How did I do?
Mariann

o

Well I will tell you you have 2 right and 1/2 of another one...lol.
Guess again.

GAME HINT: RMEMBER I SAID DO NOT ASSUME YOU SENT TO THE SAME PERSON YOU RECEIVED FROM OR THAT ANYONE ELSE DID EITHER ;)

Gosh WHERE IS EVERYONE? BUNNY??? NIKKI??? KYM????
OPPPPS DEB IS on the list TWICE HOW the HECK did THAT HAPPEN???
Maybe I posted one where she got her Bday box? I dunno...
Ya'll should KNOW me by now I make mistakes...lol Keep me in LINE I say...I tell yah I NEED A KEEPER!

:)Fran

o

OPPPS Mariann, YOU got 3 RIGHT and 1/2 of another!!! You are doing really well, at any rate GUESS again!

You MIGHT be the only on gonna guess?

GOSH WHERE did all the girls GO???

o
Mariann you left out someone

OPPPS I just realized you left out KYM

Don't forget anyone on your guesses, double check to make sure we all are there :)

o

Fran-I left out Kym because you left her out of your list.LOL Plus Deb was in the list twice.
Mariann

o

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Most of the kids are sick, I've been sick...and I've started to have some bleeding. Going to get that checked out today. I think everything's fine, the baby's heartbeat is good, but she's not moving much.
Any good thoughts & prayers sent this way would be appreciated.

Fran~ Here is my shot in the dark:

Marie to Vic
Vic to Marie
HNB to Nik
Deb to HNB
Mariann to Fran
Diene to Mariann
Kym to Deb
Nik to Diene
Fran to Kym

I hope everyone has a great day & NEW YEARS, if I don't get back on in time for that.

o

Melissa - please take care of your self and the little one! Wishing you the best and your all in my thoughts and prayers.

Vic - my son live in Gillette. Ya I know, way to close to not come home for 2 years but things didn' work out on our days off. He wants me to come up there and work but the weather there is always soooo cold! I would loose a zone on my plants also :( The pay would be great and I will probably check it out.

This is my guess:

Marie to Vic
Vic to Marie
HNB to Nik
Nik to Kym
Kym to Diene
Diene to Mariann
Mariann to Fran
Fran to Deb
Deb to HNB

o

I'm here! Of course my internet was down all morning! HOW can your internet go down when it's satellite?? Our TV isn't down that much! *sigh* Now I know why the rates are so cheap! LOL

Bunny, I've always heard that babies get "quiet" just before delivery, I know Zack did, SO MAYBE..... And you are in my thoughts and prayers! Hang tough girly! I know it's been a long road for ya!

Fran, here is my guess....

Marie to Vic
Vic to Marie
HNB to Nik
Deb to HNB
Mariann to Fran
Diene to Mariann
Fran to deb
Kym to Diene
Nik to kym

We will see how I did : )
Finally got to play a game!

Marie, no, that isn't that far away! LOL I do know what you mean though, my family was only 2 hrs away in MI and I didn't get up to see them as often as I should have either, it's hard to make time for everything.

You should move here to Billings! I've been told the winters are mild and there is hardly any snow! I think everyone was lying to me! : )

o

Hi Fran!
Here's my guess:
Diene to Mariann
Mariann to Fran
Fran to Kym
Kym to Diene
Marie to Vic
Vic to Marie
Deb to Bunny
Bunny to Nik
Nik to Deb
I "think" I've been paying attention:)
Hope everyone has a great week. This is my week off and next week starts another intense round both with my students and in grad school. I'm trying to wintersow some things now and packages ready for swaps. I'm out of containers - AGHH. Drinking Dr. Pepper as quick as I can! Nik

o

WOW, BUNNY, MARIE, and VIC you are all just off on 2!!!!!!!!!

Have you all been spying on me and my list? LOL.

Mariann, MY GOSH HOW THE HECK DID I MISS KYM? and here I was thinking I had done so gosh darn well! LOL, missed Kym all together, had Deb twice....again I TRIED SO HARD!!! I NEED A KEEPER...lol. AND SINCE I messed up I will let you have 2 more turns BECAUSE I didn't have everyone listed and since you were using the list you get a fair chance, so do over.

OK ladies. Now I will tell you this, since there may be a tie among all of you I will give another hint after you try again IF no one has it just right. This way you will have a chance to break the tie, so what I am saying is the 3rd guess will be the tie breaker and whomever post first correctly will win, since ya'll are so close. Ok?

SO GUESS AGAIN!

o
I wanna play!

Heeelllooo?!?!??! (waving hand) What about me Fran? Was I way off or something???? Nik

o
We have a Winnner

Nikki I was typing as you were posting.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNNER AND THE WINNER IS NIKKI!!!

CONGRADULATIONS NIKKI...WELL PLAYED!

Posted by nikkineel
Hi Fran!
Here's my guess:
Diene to Mariann
Mariann to Fran
Fran to Kym
Kym to Diene
Marie to Vic
Vic to Marie
Deb to Bunny
Bunny to Nik
Nik to Deb

Yes you WERE paying attention, good job. Thanks for playing ladies!

:)Fran

o

LOL, I was up checking my list to see what 2 I messed up on and didn't even go down all the way to see that Nik won!

Fran, it's a good thing you came back finally! The first time I get to play and I kept coming to see if I was right and you were MIA! hehe

o

Gosh Fran, how could ya miss me ??? LOL

Congrats Nikki, you sure did a great job...

Bunnny, hope all is well, I hope you will update us on the baby.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas !! Any one have plans for New Years Eve ??

Hope to talk soon,

Kym

o

Kym it was totally by accident...lol. I was going through the threads looking at who had listed a box....I THOUGHT I have everybody, I was counting threads NOT names...oh good grief!!!
I don't KNOW how it happened...it just did, seems like if I don't make a mistake on the posting then it just ain't natural...lol.

o

YAAHOOO!!! I won! I really enjoyed our first swap when everyone sent and everyone received - helps to get to know each other. Hey Fran, Thanks for the Aster "Hulk" seeds, got them in the mail today - I can't wait to see what they look like in person:)
I made one more small order with Summer Hill seeds last night. There were a couple of things that I just couldn't do without. HeHe
Bunny, I want you to know that I've been praying for you. I'll be praying tonight and tomorrow also. The baby is resting up for the big day, I'm sure! We love ya honey bunny! Nik

o

Glad you got them Nikki, if I had waited I could have just sent all at once....lol.

Bunny, I have thought about you all day. I hope all went well with the check up. I am sure all is good.
I am sure we will hear in the next few days you have a new reason to rejoice.
Take care of MAMA and nature will take care of the rest!
Glad all is feeling better, and really glad you are better, no fun being pregnant AND sick too.

Everyone take care, in the meantime I am thinking up a new game to play...

o

Just a short message before we leave for my sisters.

Vic-Just have to say that those puppies are adorable.

Nik-Congratulations!

Bunny-It's good you're getting checked out.

Photobucket

o
Finally wohooooo

CONGRADULATIONS BUNNY

email from Bunny
SHE'S HERE!!!!!

Lilian Alaya was born at 2:07am today (Dec 30).
She is 7 lbs 10oz and 19 1/4" long.
Labor was fast, and she was delivered by her DADDY.
She is dark complected like her brother Elijah - the Cherokee coming out in her (yay, I finally got another one that looks like ME instead of daddy!!)
She's doing GREAT, I'm doing fine....just feel like I've been run over by a mack truck. :O)
Hopefully, I'll be up & running in a few days.

Hugs to all!

Melissa

o

I have just enough time to share a picture. :O)
Here's Daddy & Lili a little bit after she was born.

Photobucket

I hope everyone has a GREAT New Years!
Stay Safe!!! :O)
Hugs,
Melissa

o

Thanks Melissa,
Ahhh sleeping peacefully, is she a good baby or have you been able to figure that one out yet? (Meaning cries a lot or only when hungry or needing a diaper change?)
How is Mom doing? I hope excellent and I am SURE you are happy it is finally over and you can get back to normal, yeah I know...lol.

You have another beautiful addition to your family, you did well!

Thanks for sharing,

o

happy new year Pictures, Images and Photos

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT YEAR!!

MELISSA,

WHAT A WAY TO END 2008, WITH A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL!

congratulations on the arrival of your new baby Pictures, Images and Photos

o

HAPPY NEW
YEAR EVERYBODY
Glitter Graphics

Happy New Year

o

Hello All,
How's it going so far in 2009 for you? It is cold here and expected to be really cold over the weekend and forecasting is predicting an ice storm before the 10th of Jan.
REALLY looking forward to that... NOT!
I can not stand the cold, just makes me ache all over. I was hoping to be able to get my containers ready to do some winter sowing this week, but as cold as they are calling for I just DON'T see this happening anytime soon. Although my last batch I mixed up I did it inside I am just afraid of making a royal mess and that is no fun to clean up.
Other then Nikki and myself has anyone else started Winter Sowing already or planning too?
Bunny and Diene, winter sowing is something you both should really try. Since you both say you don't have luck with seeds this is the easiest thing you can do. All you have to worry about and with is making sure they don't dry out and when the weather starts heating up for you Bunny you can move the containers to a semi shady place unless you have plantlets and then you can plant if they have a set of true leaves. I like to wait until mine have at least 2 sets of true leaves but since you say you kill them then I would go ahead and plant them with the first set, THEN you have to just make sure they have water when needed and then watch them grow!
Diene, I am not sure how you would approach winter sowing because you say it is pretty much cold there all the time except your summer months, I guess you could start a little later like the last part of Feb or middle of March. I don't know when you start warming up though so I really can't give you any tips.
I haven't sent your prize package out yet, I have been busy packing seeds for that big seed swap I am in. I will though no worries.

Bunny, how is that little precious doll doing?

Deb, what are you what too? You haven't been posting for us.

Kym, hurry up and get your computer fixed girly!

Hope Mariann's trip is going well.

Nikki, you ready to go back to school?

Marie, where are you? How is your weather?

Vic, how are you doing? Glad you stopped by again, I hope we can start seeing more of you again. I hope your job slows down enough for you to come back and play!

I hope everyone's New Year has started off on a good note.

Ok, I have blabbered emough, I am headed off to bed. I think I finally feel sleep coming on.

Ok, night Ladies,

o

What wonderful news to come back to! Melissa-Lila is beautiful! Way to go girl~
Photobucket

We had a great trip. I'll write more later.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

Thank you, everyone! We sure are happy to finally have her here, and the kids can't get enough of her. :O)
We think she's beautiful......but we're kinda partial. LOL
Here's Adora kissing her baby sister (Adora is SOOOOO proud to be a big sis!!)
Photobucket

I'll *try* not to bombard everyone with pictures. :O) But .... it might be kinda hard. LOL

We're calling the baby ALLI, now. Adora can't say Lilian, and when she tries to say Lili, it comes out as ALLI...and we all think that's really cute, so it's kinda stuck.
But, as usual....my mother only has BAD things to say (sometimes that woman drives me nuts...well, OK...ALL the time...LOL) and constantly tells me how she HATES the name we've chosen. I just told her "well, it's not YOUR kid, now is it??"
Leave it to my mother to make something ugly out of something so beautiful.

Which, did I say what Lilian Alaya means? Daddy named her, and Lilian means "Pure Beauty" and Alaya means "Precious". I had originally named her something else, but 30 minutes after she was born, hubby says..."No, her name is Lilian. She's my Lili." :O)

*I want to throw something at her(my mother)....I'm a bad daughter, aren't I??*

o

Beautiful! I wish I could hold her. Sarah Kate keeps ooohing and ahhing, too.
Ok everybody - I need some prayers. The Tuesday before Christmas I couldn't find my wedding rings. I can't say if they are "lost" or stolen. I've searched the house over - including the big clean up for Christmas. I just can't find them. I've gone into obsession mode - cleaning out all of my kitchen drawers and several cabinets, my closet, taken everything out of my drawers etc. The story behind them - my sister and I divided my grandmother's set. She took the engagement ring and had a copy made of the wedding band. I took the wedding band and used my original wedding diamond, added to it to make an engagement ring just like the original. So as you can see, it is sentimental for a multitude of reasons. It's the only jewelry I wear. I absolutely loved wearing them - made me think of my Nanny and sister and sweet husband. I was so grateful to have them. Maybe I was too proud? I hope not.
Well I'm trying to fight depression - I know they are just "things". I just can't believe I would lose them. I've looked in all the obvious places. I had a dream last night that I had put them in a white envelope. So this morning I've been racking my brain trying to think what white envelope I would have put them in.
If yall will, please pray that I will either find them or find a way in my heart to let them go. This is driving my crazy.
Nik

o

Aww Nikki honey, they may gave just been 'things' but the were/are precious 'things' to you. I don't believe that our God would punish us for taking pride in our earthly possessions when they remind us of someone gone. I personally don't believe a loving God would punish anyone for having some 'treasures' when they don't interfer with our faith, whatever that may be!
I believe you WILL find them, just let it go for a bit and don't fret. They will come back. Have faith in that! I can almost bet your grandma will come back some how whether it be in a dream or just by leading you to them, but I believe it will happen! Take a deep breath, relax and let your mind be at peace. The more you fret the longer it will take.

Mariann, welcome back isn't it wonderful that you come back to GOOD news?
Can't wait to hear about your trip I sure hope it was a great one!

Bunny, she is beautiful...I WANT ONE!!! Gosh, I miss my babies. I never thought I would miss my kids this much. Believe me, when they say you never know what you have until its gone. I didn't hear from my kids over Christmas nor New Year's day! Ungrateful &**(&%( hehe, I love them but I call would be nice! AT any rate, love them all you can.
And as far as your mom goes, I understand that totally, my mother is EXACTLY the same way. She must be making someone else unhappy to be happy. She is a victim in EVERYTHING....and according to her, SHE NEVER does anything wrong...AND I being the 'GOOD' daughter can NEVER tell her what I really think, or how I REALLY feel. So yes, believe me when I say. I TOTALLY TRULY UNDERSTAND!

Kym honey, did you get the computer fixed yet? I will say not since I haven't seen you online.
Where is the rest of the gang????

o

Oh Nik! I feel so bad for you! I will pray for you to find them! And no, I don't think you can be too "proud" of something that means so much to you!
I had my Grandmothers set after she passed, my Mom came and "borrowed" them one day, she went and PAWNED THEM! I will never forgive her for that, she wouldn't even tell me where she did it so I could go buy them back! I told her if she was that desperate for a drink I would have bought her some vodka!

Bunny! *handing over a BIG piece of frozen dog poo* Here, throw it hard!! (then wash your hands!)
I think you should tell her that if she dissaproves so much, maybe she should refrain from coming to visit, or calling! Or, you could do like I would and tell her to kiss your a$$ and get out!
BTW, I like Alli! and Lilian Alaya! She is beautiful!!

Mariann, glad you had a great trip, can't wait to hear about it!

How is everyone else doing?

Fran, glad you are feeling better! I hope it continues!
I am going to get started on wsing today, Jamie is working and called about something, then he called back to ask what was ok, he said I sounded "down in the dumps" actually, I was just trying to get caught up on the posts and get some laundry done so I was busy, BUT, hehe, I told him I was really wanting to get started with wsing and don't have enough potting mix! So....I am getting some today! (if we can find some!) LOL
Do you know if I can mix compost with the mix? Or should I just use straight potting mix? I'm going to go with promix if I can find it, I've had the best luck with that not turning into a block of rock hard dirt.

Well, off to switch loads in the wash, of course my dang dryer isn't working good and it takes 2 HOURS to dry a load of clothes! *sigh*

Vic

o
Game Time

Game what am I?
I have beautiful foliage, I come in many different colors, people sometimes collect me, and although I do bloom my flowers are not anything to brag out. What am I?

Prize:
Pocketbook calendar
Do list type notepad
Packet of seeds if winner wishes

I will post another clue tomorrow and maybe another tomorrow night BUT there will be at least one clue until someone wins. NIKKI IF you win again I will not send you another pocketbook calendar, it might be a desk planner or maybe 2 notepads, can never have enough of those :)!

LET'S PLAY...

o

coleus?????

o

Ok- I have a guess but I'm not gonna say it because I won the last two. Trying not to be a prize hog.... Nik

o

I'm here :) Still trying to find a job - finally broke down and applied for waitressing ones UHG!!!!! the main reason is that Ken's STUPID dog ate my last 2 spool's of quilting thread - $20 worth!!! Yes I should have put them up where she couldn't reach them but they were on the kitchen table!!! This is just the latest items of mine that she has eaten or chewed - the coffee pot (glass and all!), 2 dining room chairs, 8 1/2 pair of leather shoes (while ken was sleeping), 4+ feet of carpet in the hall (while ken was in the bathroom), the guest room mattress (while ken was napping), the back of both recliners (while ken was watching stupid reruns on TV), all but one of the kitchen spoon's, forks & spatula's (when ken was fixing coffee in my new pot standing next to her) I mean gosh... all that can be replace and she was bored and MANY, MANY more things! Ken is still saying, after over a year - "she will learn". HUH??? It's just like raising a child, they need to be taught right from wrong & given guide lines. She isn't to be punished or told no, for ANY reason! If I do not get out of the house and away from that ignorant farmer - I will beat him with his 'perfect' little black dog!!! Oh, I forgot last summer she ATE my wedding and engagment rings! Oh, ya - and when I ask if Ken had seen them, telling him where I left them - his responce, "so that is what she was doing on the bathroom counter and chewing on. Oh, she also broke the new soap dish and you will need to buy another hair brush". OMG!!!! I think that I have shown a great deal of restraint here! He and the dog are still breathing! GRRRRRRRRR Sorry.... just can't take much more.

But the weather is great! it has been between 50 & 60 during the day since Christmas Day. Makes me want to go play in the dirt :) I have been around the yard 3 times checking where my spring bulbs are planted and I found an iris up that is tucked next to the house - I hope that it makes it cause the weather will turn bad again.

Nik - hope you find your ring or do you have a black dog at your house? LOL

Melissa - don't care what your Momma says - Lilian is a beautiful name and the nic-name is just to cute!

Well, I need to go to town for thread - my oldest sisters birthday was the 2nd and I am still putting on the binding for her quilt - I know, bad me. She could use some good thoughts going her way. She gets results back from her heart Doc - they think she will have to have surgery for blockages and she is only 53. I am hoping to finish the quilt before we go up to see her - probably in 2 weeks.

Enough babbling...
Marie
PS
NO, I did not follow the black dog around for the next couple of days - what is gone is gone.....

o

Vic NOPE...hehe
Nik go ahead and guess...at least the thread is seeing some action! Even if you do win, it is ok...go ahead

o
Oh No Marie

Marie, you an I were posting at the same time. I THINK that dog or that man would have an accident. NO SHE IS NOT LEARNING she is having her way and if she doesn't get told NO she will never learn.
He or that dog would be in the pound. He would come home to find the dog outside and NOT back in my house or they BOTH could be outside! Enough is enough!
I am an animal lover BUT they have to have rules OUR RULES to live by if not then they are not welcome. We have had dogs that didn't do what they were supposed to and outside they went, cats too. Tearing up my things isn't going to happen, maybe YOU should start taking HIS stuff and GIVING IT TO HER!!! Bet he will start telling her NO then! Try it Marie, see what happens and then say OH, I didn't SEE her with that..ooppppps sorry!

I hope you find a job soon. I know it sucks I hate working with in fast food not much else around here at the moment.
Hang in the hon something good will happen.

o

Holy cow, Marie!! What a terrible chewing little doggie! Our RottenLab would chew anything & everything, but I think the worst she did was eating a 10ft section of our 100ft garden hose. LOL Gee whiz, that dog NEEDS to be restrained somehow! She's going to end up eating something that will REALLY hurt her -or you! (hmmmmmm....I wonder if Meg has used the old "the dog ate my homework" bit yet? At least she wouldn't necessarily be lying!) :O)

Nik~ *hugs* I hope your rings turn up soon! That must be a horrible gut-wrenching feeling. I know they are "just rings", but golly....somethings just CAN'T be replaced. I'll pray that an Angel will help you find them. One knows where they are, we just have to pray they'll show you. :O)

Fran~ I will guess POINSETTIA. Since we've just come out of Christmas, they're the first thing that pops into my mind. (and they had BLUE this year, too! Wow!)

It has been SUCH a nice day today! It was near 70, REALLY windy- but a warm wind. So I spent a little bit of time outside, bundled the baby & walked her around a bit. She really seemed to enjoy it, and I know the sunlight was good for her. She's got a tiny bit of jaundice showing, but all my kids had the same when they were tiny. A few minutes in in-direct sunlight always helps.

Although, I have GOT to get a wrap/sling baby carrier thingy. I slept wrong last night, and this today my neck & shoulders are swollen and so SORE. I can't turn my neck to look right. *UGH* So carrying the baby around has been TONS of fun, you can imagine. :O) I found a sling that I'd like, but WOWIE...I had NO CLUE they were that expensive! LOL I've never bought one before, and thought the "wrap & tie" style ones look comfortable...so I looked at the website for some. Geeze, 38.95!! YIKES!! Guess I'll be waiting for awhile! :O)

Off to gather up children & make some supper.
I hope everyone has a great night!!

o

HEHE I'm not in your group "your game of what am I? I know what it is!!!! LOL

BUNNY, congrats on your baby.

Hello to everyone else, I could not help myself when I saw the game.

OK, I WILL GO TO THE CORNER NOW,
SORRY FOR STICKING MY NOSE IN WHERE I'M NOT PART OF THE GROUP.
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Hey Annie, you can play anytime....I love yah lady!!!

Bunny, OUCH!!! You needed to put some ice on that neck and shoulder and then you need to put something like Aspercream on it. I think I would rather 'try' a sling BEFORE I BUY one, they may not be all that comfortable either....
AND NOOOO It is NOT Poinsettia....lol, SORRY

Ya'll guess again. I will check back in about 9:00 pm, if no one has guess I will post another hint.

Annie, email me if you don't feel comfortable guessing I am now curious to see if you really do have it right...lol.

o

Ok, how about HOSTA?!?!

o

Fran, I am going to guess hosta. I love it in my front yard - about the only thing that will grow in the shaded front yard is hosta and daylilies. How is your weather?

Bunny, I'm sorry that your neck and shoulder are hurting. I'm so happy to see you posting. I was sooo tired with my babies and had a heck of time nursing. Thanks for praying, please keep praying for that angel. I'm gonna need her! Tonight's search included cleaning out the floor of my closet, moving the washing machine and dryer and cleaning out from underneath, and cleaning out my bathroom cabinet. I had to stop for now. At least my house is getting cleaned. I really am praying for the lesson in all this.

Thanks everyone for your sweet responses - makes me feel better just coming on and knowing that yall emphathize with me.

Hello Annie! Come back and visit us anytime!

Marie, No black dog at the house although I probably would've been chasing it around for 3 days:) Don't blame you though - sometimes the insanity just isn't worth it. I hope you find a job. Sometimes I think waitressing would be fun. I can't cook but I know how to serve!

Vic, I can't believe that story about your mom. Well maybe I can, my dad was an alcoholic. Nothing surprises me with them.
I hope everyone has a happy weekend. I can't believe I have to go back to work on Monday - but I'm thankful to have a job that I love. Nik

o
Marie

Marie, I am confused, who is Ken? DH? I'm assuming this is not the adorable little puppy in the pic you posted! At any rate, the dog and Ken would be outside!
I can't believe your having such nice weather! We are supposed to have wind chills up th MINUS 35 tonight! BRRRR!!
Nice to hear from you again! Good luck with the job hunt! Jamie has some of his relatives from Michigan calling him wanting to know if he has work for them. When he left me and Zack behind and came out here to find work none of them wanted to go with him, now that he did the sacraficing (sp) they want him to get them jobs. Not to mention that they don't have family they would have to leave and a 2 yr old.

Vic

o

Aw, phooey! :O) Mama Fran, the girls stoled my second answer!!! LOL!
I'll have to be quicker next time!

How about ornamental grasses?

o
Another guess?

Oh! Maybe Heuchera?

I'll quit guessing now. LOL
I just saw a really pretty one in the catalog as I was browsing through....and I think I'll add that one to my "want" list! :O)

o

OK I am LATE BUT doesn't matter:

WE HAVE A WINNER:........
BUNNY....YEAH!!!

I LOVE THEM AND I WANT THEM ALL!!!

Ok, Vic, diene I have your prize ready to go out FINALLY in Monday's mail.
Nikki, your second one went out today.
KYM, I am sending you your promised seeds Monday as well and I SHOULD be all catch up.

Here is a link that might be useful: More info on Heuchera

o

GAME TIME
WHAT AM I?

I am very interesting to look at, I am NOT really grown for my flowers or foliage usually, but more for my, um figure. What am I?

o

Fran, I cant resist, is it hairy balls ??? ROFLMBO !!

Hi everyone, computers are down and we cant find the part we need, still looking, might have to order online..

nikki I am sick hearing about those rings, I hope you didnt toss out the trash bags, Id be going thru them again...

bunny Congrats on the baby, and I have a mom like that, once you stop allowing what she says hurt you, the better off you will be...it took me a long time...stand up to her, and dont take it, no one deserves to be treated like that..life is too short. BTW love the name, and she is ADORABLE.

Ok, gotta run, cant sit any longer, miss ya all.

Fran, looking forward to the seeds, I want to ws this week.

Hugs

Kym

o

OMG KYM, you are SOOOOO bad...lol NOPE...hehe.

Ok GAME HINT: It is one of MY favorites and I WOULD LOVE to have a piece of it.

Bunny, Kym is right ignore you mom. Someone told me once that Mother's like ours do not deserve the title of being called Mom/Mama anymore. They revoke their rights when they walk all over us, and until they can learn to respect US too, then they no longer deserve RESPECT from US!
I am STILL respectful AND tactful to my mother, but I learned and believe me girl it took me a LONG time (and sometimes she STILL can hurt me bad) NOT to let what she says bother me. WHAT DOES bother me the most is she has given EVERYTHING she owns to my sister, me and my oldest sister get nothing! But that's ok, I don't want it anymore anyway. She made sure my childhood home was/is no longer home so I try not to think about it.
NOW I try to make sure I am not like her, or that I don't treat my kids like she does me. One of the worst things she ever told me was: That I was an accident, I wasn't planned and my dad MADE her get pregnant with me so she wouldn't leave him because she had told him when my sisters were old enough to take care of themselves she was leaving. Well my oldest sister was 9 and the middle was 6 at that time so she says to me, so he KNEW she was getting ready to leave and he MADE her that way so she wouldn't.
I personally think that is a crock, and her way of letting me know she never wanted me and her way of telling me she hates me, and resents me WITHOUT actually saying it. My daddy loved me and the worst 2 things she ever did to me was take him out of ours lives and try to fill our heads with awful stuff and some lies about him, found out quite a bit about things after his death and now I can't tell him how sorry I am for ever listening to my mother. The second was take my oldest son away from me, I was young and had no way to fight her but he loves me now more then he will ever love her. He also knows what happen and why she ended up with him, and he will not let her forget that either. So I have some comfort in that knowledge.
Our families unfortunately as the ones who have the power to hurt us most, WE have to figure out a why NOT to let them. I am a firm believer in that saying 'That which does not kill us makes us stronger'.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this Fran's autobiography, I just want you to know, some of us have been there. We understand more then you know and can be there for you when you need us to be. I would hope that the friends I have here would be willing to do the same for me.
I believe we all have the choice to be WHO we want to be, some of us choose to be mean, rude, ugly, and resentful.
I choose to be caring, understanding, forgiving, and trusting, sometimes too much. But I think these vaules make ME a better person. Plus having a HUGH sense of humor helps a lot too....LOL.

Ahhh finally the POINT:
SOOOOOO Bunny, next time your mom tries to hurt you with her words just look at her, Laugh (or snort) and say with a BIG GRIN on your face, 'Thanks for your opinion mom, I'll take that into consideration!' And leave it at that! It will make her wonder what you mean...

OK, Well, on to do something else.....

o

Oooh, I won? Yay! :O)

Um, and Fran?? I am SOOOOOO not going there! You want a piece of it??? I will be honest, and say that after Kym's hairy balls guess, my mind went in the direction of...uh...BUTTERFLY VINE?? LOL Is that a nice enough way to say it?? But I can't imagine that you'd want a piece of that!!! ROFLMBO!!!!

Woooo, boy. I have NO clue about this one. I think I'll step back (since I've already won, anyway!!) and let some of the other gals take a stab at it!

Where's Miss Annie?? She just might know this one!! :O)

Fran~ I am trying really hard to do just what you have suggested. I think my mom's problem is that she never really wanted to BE a mom, and somewhat resented the fact. Also, since I'm the only girl in the family, I was daddy's girl (as far as that went, he never showed any affection, either) and mom was always jealous of that.
ANYWAY, I've never been able to be good enough, skinny enough or anything enough for her. So it's always a "you should do this" or "you are fat" or insert-some-other-put-down-here thing.
*sigh*
But the GOOD thing that's come out of this, I know exactly how NOT to be a mom. I have an example of things to NOT do with my kids, especially my daughters.

So things will be OK....I just need to do what you said, and not get so frustrated or irritated at her...because she won't change, that's how she is.
*ugh*

ANYWAY.....I hope ya'll have a GREAT Sunday!
I'm going to try to do some shopping today, probably mostly online (lol) for Mama Fran's birthday, and the PP swap.
Hubby is tackling the laundry & housework (what a GREAT man, huh??) and told me I wasn't allowed to, because this is my vacation. How sweet! :O)
Gosh, it's not like I did anything to deserve a break or anything, right?? LOL!

o

I was wrong on the other guess, I thought for sure it was a hosta.... after all, they don't have the prettiest flowers. :O) :O)

Now for this one. I've sent you an e-mail because I don't want to guess since I'm not part of the group, and ruin it for someone else.

Bunny, You gave your baby a beautiful name, and it makes me sad that there are some of you here that didn't have the greatest childhood. I had the best there was, we always had to wear 2nd hand clothes or hand-me-downs,we never had new furniture, and we were as poor as church mice, but we were happy church mice. :O) :O)

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Ok Fran, what about Harry Lauders Walking Stick? Yep, I've read your questionairre! Nik

o

THE WINNER IS NIKKI
Congradulations Nikki...you did a great thing...
SEE the answers are there you just have to LOOK for them...lol.

I love the bush/shrub/tree whatever it is classified as. I think it is very unusual, I like the contorta genus.

OK, Will have to decide what to send Nikki for that one.
As you can see I did NOT post a prize for that one...lol
Yeap Ima Airhead!

o

NO PRIZE necessary. Just enjoyed playing:) Seriously, I mean it. How is everyone? Nik

o

WOW I missed 2 games already! How did that happen???

Marie-Have you read 'Marley and Me'? Talk about a dog out of control. They just made it into a movie. The book was great except for the ending when I started to cry. At which point I closed the book and took it back to the library before finishing it. Silly huh? My sister couldn't believe I didn't finish it. Honestly I was is no mood to get depressed.

Bunny-My mom use to say horrible things to me at times. We expect to be treated better by our family than strangers unfortunately that's not always the case. I can imagine that her words hurt you. It's impossible to turn off our feelings when it comes to mothers. I make sure that I don't treat my daughter the same way. Regardless of the way I was raised. I've told Carol if I ever say anything that hurts to tell me. Like you I knew that I couldn't change my mother but I could change the way I reacted to her words.

Nik-I've lost things occasionally that really upset me. In my case when I stopped looking they eventually turned up. I know you must feel terrible and I hope the rings find their way back to you.

Fran-I bought at least 8-10 Heuchera's from the Coop last year.... All were newer varieties. I'm not sure they'll come up though because something has been digging in the bed they're in. Probably a squirrel-Bad squirrel!!!

We had a wonderful time at my sister's farm. Believe it or not we ate veggies with every meal.LOL Normally that doesn't happen up there. The closest they come to a veggie is ketchup. The time went by so quickly though. My brother had brunch for us New Year's Day. Plus my SIL made me the cutest crocheted hat for Christmas. I use to go up there for a week either in the spring or summer. I just don't like leaving my DH in charge of watering and caring for my plants. He does the best he can though. My sister and I have so much fun together that I think I will go up after all.

Tomorrow morning I'm having an MRI done of both my hips. I have to be at the hospital by 6:20 am. It's hard to believe they actually start that early. I'm not looking forward to being in that tube for an hour.

Kym-My DD just bought a new Gateway computer with all the bells and whistles from QVC for about $600.

Have a good evening everyone
Hugs
Photobucket

o

A prize! For me?! How did I win? When did I win? LOL
It must be for being here the least! lol

Annie, I am with you, we were poor, very poor, but we had a great childhood. It wasn't until I was 15 that my Mom started drinking, so my younger years were all good : )
It is sad to hear of others having a bad childhood and hopefully, like Fran and Melissa, most ppl will learn what NOT to do as a parent and make the best out of their lives that they can.

I just got done packing away the Christmas decorations. *whew* It was soooo much fun with Zack helping! LOL
While I was taking stuff off the tree, he was unpacking what I had packed, "don't pack this" "I want to play with that" "whats in this box" I carefully packed away all the breakable stuff, then threw everything else in there, slammed the lid and threatened to pack him in a box if he got anything else out! LOL (it worked, he left stuff alone :)

Well off to check and see what everyone else is up to : )
Vic

o

Where is everyone??

I had my MRI yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. With the other MRI's I've had I was head first in the tube. This time I was feet first so if I tilted my head back I could see the ceiling. The tech also gave me head phones so I could listen to music and a call button so I could talk to her. Never had that before. I'm glad that's over with and can expect the results in a few days.

My DD and her DH are coming over for dinner on Sunday. Her birthday is on the 8th and my DH's birthday is on the 13th so we're celebrating them together. We never did have our ham Christmas dinner because my DD's hubby was sick. So that's what we're going to have.

Melissa more pictures of baby Lili please. I love babies.
Photobucket

o

Thanks to all of you for putting up with my ranting the other day - just got the best of me for a minute ;)

Melissa - ditto what Mariann said - MORE pictures! we love babies LOL

Marie

o

Mariann~ I hope the results turn out good! Keeping my fingers crossed for you...waiting is always the hardest part. :O)

Marie~ Any luck with the job hunt yet?

And Vic~ Wow, you're posting! LOL Does that mean things have slowed down for you? I hope you're getting some rest, I'm sure you need it!

Nik~ Still praying for your Angel to come through for you. :O)

Well, Oooookay, since ya'll asked, I'll share some more pictures. :O) I just hesitate, because I don't want to share TOO much.....I never know when someone will think "enough, all ready!" LOL
I know I posted some of these over on the OBF thread, but I haven't had time to upload any more. I'll get new ones soon, though. ( I hope!) :O)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Mariann, I'm praying for good news from your test! Please let us know!

Melissa, she gets more adorable everytime I see her : )

Yes, things are a bit calmer now, well till today, Jamie went out of town for work, so I get to play single, working mom again UHG. The worst part is trying to get to daycare after work, we have a 10 hr limit of time each day and I had to buy an extra hour every night b/c I know I can't get there by 5:30.

Gotta run girls! Have a great night everyone!
Vic

o

Melissa she looks so peaceful. OMG, LOOK how little she is....her head cradled in your hand you can just get a vision of how small she is. It has BEEN a LONG time since I held a baby.

Mariann, you know I am thinking about you. I hope all is great with your testing.

Vic that sucks about the babysitter! But at least you have a job and that is the most important thing.

Marie feel free to rant anytime...we all understand, but really that DOG would be out!

Hey everybody else...how are you?

o

Melissa,
Lili's gorgeous!

Mariann,
Sending warm, healing well wishes your way! The waiting part is the hardest! Keep us posted!

It's snowing lightly here and everything looks so pretty in the moonlight glistening! I took out my two dogs Melvin and Toby, and just took several deep breaths enjoying the pure silence of the night! If it wasn't so cold out, I would of went for a walk. I miss going for walks at night. I would usually bring Mickey (the boston that recently passed away). He loved going for night walks. Mel and Toby are more lazy. ;)

Marie,
Your dog sounds like he's board. That's why he's chewing on everything. Get him a dozen bones and leave one in each room. Give him his bone frequently, and tons of praise when he chews it.
Good luck on your job search!

I better make this short, I have to get up early and take Sarah to school.

Hugs,
Deb

o

Hey Deb, sorry about all you have been having to go through, like I said in the other thread I wish there was something I could do for you to help bring you comfort and peace. I pray 2009 is so much better to you.

Yeap folks I am having one of those nights! My nose hurts and I am at the moment down right irked! I have taken medicine tried other little things but my sinuses are actually swollen which is making it worse, well you can just imagine HOW my nose stings. Just know it is painful. I am about to try to go lay back down again maybe this time I can sleep.

I thought I would go ahead and give you a heads up I will post another game this weekend so Vic can have a chance to play too.

I also have Kym, Vic, and Diene's seeds going out later today we have had a sub mail carrier so far this week and he comes a lot eariler then my reg. woman and I miss him because he is so early.

Ok ladies, I hope you all are getting a very restful nights sleep.

o

Hi girls! I hope everyone is having a great day.

It's not so good here. Lili is sick, and she can't breathe well. UGH. It's not horrible, but with a newborn, it's always a bit scary. I've been keeping her with me at all times, just to make sure she's doing OK. I don't know whether it's the normal mucus working it's way out of her system (usually happens within a week after birth) or if she's caught the bug that Adora has been trying to share with her all week. I hope it's the normal stuff. Either way, it's not fun.

Also, yesterday while I was changing her diaper, Adora tried to "help" me, and she yanked on Lili's umbilical cord. (OUCH!) I assume she thought it needed to come off, I'm not sure...anyway, it is just hanging by a thread now, and actually bled a bit. Again, nothing serious, but we have to watch for infection now. UGH, again.
I know Adora didn't mean to, and she felt bad about it.
*sigh*
One thing after another, huh? :O)

ANYWAY...I hope everyone has a great day today, and tomorrow as well. We're off to the courthouse tomorrow to file a birth certificate. (yay!....did you hear the sarcasm in that?? LOL) Since we had her at home, and unassisted, we have to do the filing ourselves. Oh, boy. :O)
So I might not be around tomorrow, just depends on how quickly we can get that done.

Fran~ I hope you get to feeling better soon!

o

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in, getting ready to take more medicine and head to bed.

Bunny my nose isn't hurting tonight like it did last night but it still isn't great. I have been taking sinus and allgery meds so the pain isn't so bad but I still have the blah feelings from a sinus infection...I just can't get over this thing! It starts going away then comes back.

I was posed to get somethings started for my winter sowings but I just haven't felt much like it and I was swamped with getting my seeds together for the Whats left swap.

I missed that dang mailman again today! I am gonna take those seeds to the PO tomorrow! Can't believe I have had mail ready to go out for 5 dang days now and missed everytime! But diene, Kym, and Vic they are coming! I promise.

Bunny, you should really try winter sowing I am telling you it is almost fool proof, my grnadmother sowed her tomatoes like this EVERY year that I can remember, (30 or so years I know). The only major thing you have to worry about with them is making sure they are out of direct HOT sun OR whatever you have them in you can give them enough ventilation if they are in the sun, for instance say you have them in a salad tray with a lid and you don't have holes in the lid you would have to take the top off during the day from say 9:30am to late in the evening in your zone and you have to keep an eye on the moisture level doing it this way, with this type of container there is a little more work involved the the way it is done on the GW winter sowing site, but contaray to popular belief winter sowing HAS been around for decades, it just wasn't called winter sowing.
ANYWHO, I am rambling. You should try a few packs of seeds at least Bunny, it is so rewarding to grow your own plants from seeds. TRY IT!
Anyway, getting sleepy so I will check in later in the day.
Sleep well ladies.

o

Hellllllloooooooo is there an echo in here?
WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Gosh it is getting so cold here. I have a few seeds I need to get planted and put outside before it gets too cold because they require the cold to germinate. I just haven't really felt like it.

I DID get those seeds in the mail today so they are finally on their way to you ladies.

OK well, on to take care of a few more things and then off to bed.

o

I am starting to feel loney over here.

:(

o

Morning-Sorry I haven't posted but same old story. 3 different Dr. visits this week and the MRI I had. The MRI showed what we already knew...Thank Heaven! Mild arthritis and bursitis in both hips. I think I'm going to try the Prednisone injections in my hips again. Doesn't hurt to try. A few other things going on that I can't do anything about.

Bunny-I hope Lili is not sick with a cold or the flu. She's so little. Andora was probably curious about what the cord was. I agree OUCH! Wonderful pictures sweetie keep them coming.

Fran-Sorry to hear that you have a sinus infection. I hate having those. Are you using moist heat on your face? That always helps me. My nose runs all the time from allergies anyway. You should have heard my Dr. yesterday morning when she looked down my throat and in my nose. YUCK!!! I have to use allergy meds all year long.

My DD's birthday was yesterday. My DH and I called and sang to her. She said we sounded great.LOL She and her DH are coming over on Sunday to celebrate. I'm making her favorite desert...Cheesecake with cherries on top.

I'm going to the YMCA today. A friend of mine told me that my Humana Prescription Plan covers a program called Silver Sneakers. I emailed Humana and they said that I was eligible. When I called the YMCA they said that they weren't familiar with my plan. So I have to bring my card down so they can enter it in the computer. If I am eligible they told me that I will also have a full free YMCA membership. How great is that!!!
Mariann
Photobucket

o

GOOD MORNING!

Just a quick hello before I go to work : )

I hope EVERYONE starts feeling better!

Mariann, I'm glad your MRI didn't show anything more than what you were already expecting! Althought that is not easy to live with either, at least it isn't something worse. Good luck with the YMCA!

Vic

o
bday bash new year and games celebration

Oh my Melissa - she is adorable! Sweet, sweet, sweet! and I hope she and Adora are feeling better. Bummer about the cord... Both of my kids came off within just a couple of days - thank goodness.

No job yet :( My son is looking into a couple of them that need a CDL up where he is but I can't go up there until the end of the school year. The money is REALLY good but the cost of living is very high. I think employer's around here, are scared of what is going to happen with the changes in DC. I have put in applications every where but nobody is hiring.

I am getting lots of quilting done :) My cousins friend has MS and they are having a benefit for her in May. I am making/donating a lap quilt out of my old rodeo jeans - ya know the ones that have been taking up over 1/2 of my closet & I keep myself that I will get into again? Those! And of course I found a couple new patterns that I love and am making a blue one for fun. Then the neighbor lady is the head of our local cancer fund raising club here and she ask me to make one to raffle. I am going to do up different block with different colored ribbons representing 9 different forms of cancer -should be a pretty quilt! Oh, here is the latest block I made:
Chicken Birthday block
One of my sisters loves chickens so I put this together and hand appliqued it so see how long it would take to do a bunch of different ones - pretty quick just 2 days :) Her annivarsary is in Feb. and I plan to make some place mats & a center piece for them.

Mariann - Cheesecake w/Cherries? YUMMY - thats what I fix myself for birthdays also. I don't care for regular cake although I have been known to eat the ready made stuff straight from the can with a spoon - the cream cheese is best, LOL 'Marley and Me'? no, but since they have been putting the teasers on TV - it just upsets me that someone would think that it is funny enough to make a movie from. I am sure that it will be humorus but not when your going through it.

Fran - I am not going to get any WS done this year. I am not sure what is going to happen in the next couple of month with the job situation and we have had NO moisture at all. We are soooo dry - no snow on the ground anywhere. The weather has been freaky - spring/summer looking clouds that are throwing lightning & trying to spit a little rain. But with the wind - they clocked a high of 123 mph in the south central part of the state the other day!! Even if it did try to rain or I put seeds out - winds like that would have them clear over to the east coast in just a couple of days.

Vic - no not my Grandpuppy - he has great manners! Even when we left him along for 3 hours by himself, he didn't get into anything. But then again, I have heard that Grandchildren are always better behaved than our own dogs. Oh, did I say children? I mean Grandpuppies!

Pearl is a black lab. When Ken said that he wanted to get a hunting dog, I said NO LABS!! and printed off all kinds of information about breds of bird dogs. Don't get me wrong, Labs are nice dogs but... they are very inbred due to all the bird hunter's here. Not everyone does it that way but a lot haven't kept good records and fibbed about parentage so they can have them registered. The dogs become aggressive and dumb as a box of rocks!!! Pearl will be a year old on Jan. 17 and is showing signs of aggression. 2 other labs in the area were put down recently because of this.

Pearl has new bones (the giant & regular from Santa) and Ken's family (Yes, Vic he is my husband) sent a huge box of new toys for her. She has plenty to play with & chew on. She also goes with Ken to work every day and gets lots of exercise. I left the show - "It's me or the Dog" - on the the other day and he just said that it was another stupid reality show - men just don't take hints well do they? LOL

This is Pearl: See what I mean - she is posessed!
PureEVIL

Question??? I do not have internet at home (I use my sisters). We live in the country and the cost to have satilite put in is over $600 then a huge monthly bill. Anyhow... my son said something about getting a chip through Verizon (that is my cell carrier) and going wireless. I checked it out at Radio Shack, the price for a month is $60. That may sound high to you how live in town but great to me! Do you or anyone you know use this? If so, please tell me what you think of it.

THanks!!
Have a great weekend!
Marie

o

Fran~ Have you tried snorting warm salt water? (sounds like tons of fun, I know....lol) My MIL has horrible sinus problems, combined with migraines, and she swears this helps her.
I think I will try out *some* wintersowing this year. Just a few jugs, though..I am not sure I'd have time for much more. I let Aubeni throw out some poppy seeds last winter, and they did great. I think I'll hand some more over to her. :O) As long as I don't mistake them for weeds AGAIN this year. LOL

Lili is feeling a bit better... She's the happiest baby ever, even though she can't breathe well & I know she can't feel that great, either. It's amazing, she's been smiling this entire time, and hasn't cried a bit. I've tried to get her to cry some, to keep her lungs open...but it's difficult. She just refuses. (check back in a month or so...she just might be throwing fits by then! LOL)

Adora...on the other hand....SHEESH....she's realized that the baby is here to stay, and that we've had to give her attention nearly constantly (at least I have, since she's been sick & I'm nursing) SO Adora has started throwing fits, crying hysterically over EVERY LITTLE THING!! I know she's wanting attention, and I've been trying to hold her fairly often & read to her while I'm nursing the baby.....hopefully, she'll snap out of it soon. Just got to make sure she knows she hasn't been replaced, and let her help out with the baby more.

Anyway...I'm off to watch my favorite show of all time. MR ROGERS NEIGHBORHOOD!! Yay!! I love the way he makes me feel so special. (LOL) Actually, he is quite calming to watch, that's why I love him so much. Nothing relieves stress for me like an episode or 2 of Mr Rogers. :O)

Have a GREAT Friday, everyone!!!

o

Marie, I have USA digital, hook up was free and it is 29.95/mo. It is the same satellite that dish network has (at least that is what the installer told me) and NO contract to sign. Maybe they have it by you too.
Vic

o

Hello Ladies,
Friday night was movie night, the LAST movie just ended about 20 min. ago so I thought I better come check on things b4 I head off to slumber.

Quick note:
I will respond tomorrow (later today?) to those of you who have left replies at the moment my eyes are trying to glue themselves together.

o

Marie-The quilt block is beautiful! Is that entire chicken pieced together??? Everything looks almost painted on. You are so talented and creative. You have got to help me start quilting. I don't even know where to start. I've been looking at projects on the Internet. I want something simple that I don't have to pay a lot for. Using old jeans that's a great idea. I hope you find a job soon. Yes, Pearl does look possessed.LOL
Marie what about dial-up for your computer? That's what I have. We live in a rural area where there is no competition as far as cable. We've been cutting back a lot but one thing I will not give up is my computer connection.

Melissa-You are such a good mother! You realized that Adora might be a little jealous. The extra time you spend with her will help her adjust. Sorry to hear that Lili is still having trouble breathing. She sounds like an amazing baby.

Fran-I've used Ocean nasal spray. It's a saline solution but I know there are generics like it. My Dr. recommends using saline solution highly. I'm suppose to use it every day but I don't. So what movies did you watch????

Vic-How is your job going???

We have a storm watch in effect until tomorrow. It started snowing about an hour ago. It's a good thing my DD has a Jeep with 4 wheel drive or tomorrow would have to be postponed.

I went to the YMCA yesterday. They had me fill out all the paperwork for membership. I can start today if I want but I'm going in on Monday. We still don't know if my plan will cover this but they are going to bill them and let me know. They also told me that they have a Scholarship plan and if I'm eligible I could get as much as 90% off my membership. That is if Humana doesn't cover it.

I have everything out for the Cheese Cake. All ingredients have to be at room temp.
Photobucket

o

Mariann, if your ins. doesn't cover the Y, what about getting an RX from your DR. for physical therapy? A lot of ins. will cover that and they have swimming programs and such. Just a thought...
My job is going good, still stressfull, but I do enjoy it and I like the people I work with, that always makes things easier!

Marie, yes, the quilt is beautiful, I was in a hurry last night and didn't mention it : )
I had a Lab ONCE, and won't again, I have seen and heard about what great dogs they are, but mine was HYPER! And would also eat/chew anything she could get in her mouth! And even tho I've seen a lot of other labs that were very good dogs, I will not have one again just because of that experience.

We are going to have to find a new home for our dog Max, I am just heartbroke about it, but he went after Jamie twice and me once. I had thought he was abused when I got him, he would "cower" a lot for no reason, like if you were walking by him and would lift your hand to pat him on the side, or sometimes just walking by him esp. with men. I thought after a while he would be ok, but he was chewing on a roll of wrapping paper one day and I swatted his nose NOT hard at all and I thought he was going to bite me! It scared the cr@p outta me. Then he took some food off a plate that Zack had on the coffee table and Jamie yelled at him and when he stepped over to him he really went after him! I am terrified of even letting Zack play with him now. And he is such a loving dog and Zack could climb on him, try to ride him and pull his tail before and he never did anything, but I'm too worried about it now. I've seen some pretty horrible dog bites in children over the years working for Drs. and we even just had a girl come in last week that was bit by a family members dog, and it broke one of the bones in her hand! *sigh* Enough of this, I'm getting teary eyed.

Vic

o

Good Morning, Ladies!! :O)
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. It's OK here...expecting my MOTHER over in a bit..but she's bringing Daddy with her, so it'll be worth it. LOL

Lili is feeling better this morning. I've got pots of water boiling in the kitchen and on the woodstove, and that seems to be helping out. We'll go buy a humidifier tonight, for the bedroom, so maybe that'll help her sleep a bit better. She did spike a bit of a temp this morning, nothing bad, but a degree above where she should be. It's back down, so I'm sure it was just her getting overheated, and not a fever. Keep your fingers crossed, and say a few prayers, though...I would appreciate it! :O)

Fran~ Are you feeling better??

Mariann~ Thanks for the "good mom" comments! :O) I appreciate that, it makes me feel like I'm at least doing *something* right somewhere. How was that cheesecake? I'm drooling just thinking about it!!

Vic~ Yikes, that's scary about your dog! I would be nervous about him being around Zack, too. He probably doesn't realize he's being aggressive, but it's never a risk we should take with our children, I think. I hope you can find a good home for him soon.

Marie~ I love the quilt block! I still can't believe you applique! That blows my mind, it just seems SO DARN HARD! LOL You have MUCH more patience than I do, I think. :O) Do you think you can do a lily? I need to make Lili a quilt, but haven't had the time to come up with any designs. I *might* try to applique a lili design, for the center block...IF I can find time, and the GUTS to do it! :O)

Ok, I'm going to share ONE more picture this morning. I just thought this was TOO cute.
This is the baby doll stroller that Adora got for Christmas, plus one of her baby dolls. The handle on the stroller comes up to right below my knees, (I'm only 5'3") that's how short this is.
And yet...Lili STILL looks so tiny! :O)
Photobucket

I hope everyone has a GREAT Saturday!

o

Marie, the quilt is BEAUTIFUL as always! I LOVE that rooster! It is very colorful! nicely laid out and everything! I have been planning on making a quilt for years. I am so slack! Last night I dreamed I was working on one does that even come close to counting? LOL.
That dog is possessed! That is REALLY a creepy photo, I don't know if it is the lighting, the angle in which it was taken BUT I have never seen dogs eyes glowing that much in any photo only on movies where they are posed to be possessed! Really creepy...lol.

Bunny, I hope little Lili is starting to feel better. She sounds like such a sweet baby. She has to be a good baby if she doesn't cry that much. My middle son was like that, when he would wake up in the mornings, he always had a smile on his face, he wouldn't cry he would lay there and play until I would get up. I used to sneak in to watch him because I was amazed that he wasn't a needy child and he had patiences even at that age. BOY IS THAT GONE NOW! He is no longer my little Angel he is a 21 y/o heck on wheels...lol.
I want to tell ya'll something, Bunny must have been thinking about me the day Lili was born lol. That morning the SO went to pick up two beautiful beagle puppies that morning. We knew we were getting them for 2 weeks before, but they weren't ready until that morning.
When he brought them in to show me, I told him I wanted to at least be able to name the little female. He went out to get the stuff to make them a pen/kennel and I was here with the pups, taking pictures, talking to them, you know doing the new mommie thing...lol.
I kept thinking about what I wanted to name her. The only thing that kept popping in my head was LILY. So when he gets back I tell him that is what I wanted to name her. He agreed. THEN I was talking to Kym, telling her about the puppies and this is what we had named the female. While I was talking to Kym via messenger, I went to read my emails and there was the ANNOUNCEMENT of Lili's arrival ALL I read was she's here and I SCREAMED it at Kym, BUNNY HAD THE BABY, lol and copied the email and shared it with her via the messenger. She said oh what a pretty name and I realized their was more and read again...I said OH no, and Kym saw it too. She said Lillian, Lily? I said oh no, I hope Bunny doesn't get mad...lol. I named my puppy Lily too. Later on that day I went to tell him that the baby was FINALLY here and told him her name he said THAT IS WHY you insisted on naming her Lily! I said NOOOOOO, I had already been calling her Lily BEFORE I new Bunny had had her! Wicked right?
BTW, He wanted to name the male Rusty and had been for a day and 1/2, I had been protesting and said NO, Luke (Lucus) (Luke and Lily) HE doesn't even LOOK like a RUSTY!!! So then he brought them in the house and was calling the male and I noticed he was saying Luke...hehe a couple of days later we were outside and he called him, I said WHAT happened to RUSTY? He looked at me, shrugged and said I don't know...LOL!!!

Marriann, I addressed you and the Y in the email..lol So I will just say HEY!
The movies were: Wanted, it was ok. Mirrors, hasn't been officailly released yet BUT we were having trouble picking out one and the man who owns the video store says I tell you what. I have one up here behind the counter I think you will like. He pulls it out and says it isn't due to be released for a couple more days BUT I got it early and I will go ahead and let you rent it! HOW COOL WAS THAT???
It was ok, it has a nice twist you don't see coming at the end!
The other was Stardust. Fantasy type, witchy cute, Love story movie...It was comical, whismical and a sappy love story all in one! Pretty good too, one I would watch again before returning to the movie store.

Vic: I am so sorry about your dog AND I hate to say this, if he is showing sign of aggression he may have to be put down. UNLESS you can find someone who can rehabiliate him. Don't wait, with Zack in the home I would try to move him as soon as possible heaven forbid Zack make a wrong move and the dog sees it as a threat. Hon, please don't wait and DON'T feel bad about it. Good dogs can turn and yours was headed for trouble from the moment you got him if you thought he had been abused before hand, now his defenses are coming out.
I KNOW it is heartbreaking, and you feel bad about it BUT how would you feel if he jumped on Zack? Jamie would kill him and you know it. Let it go, protecting you and your family is more important then taking a chance hon! You know this. You have Zack to worry about. HUGS to you, it will be ok!

I HAVE done a saline solution before when mine were REALLY bad, it seems to help, I also used to keep Ocean's but since the last bottle ran out I haven't replaced it. WHY? Because I keep forgetting....LOL. I have a bottle of nasal spray now, I HATE that stuff, it burns and then the way it comes of out the bottle in winds up running down the back of my throat, can you say YUCK??? Very gross it is indeed! VERY gross!
I NEED to be able to get rid of the sinus infection. Even with antibiotics it NEVER completely goes away. I have told my doctor's office this MANY times, but of course they look at me as if I am insane. BUT it doesn't, if just isn't AS BAD as when I have a heavy one. I do stuff to try to keep it at bay but sometimes it is overwhelming and I have to go get antibiotics because I can't combat it.
Bunny, I STILL plan on getting some natural honey, I like you can't stand it BUT I think I can manage to choke down a spoonful a day. I was telling a friend what you told me about it. She said 'it makes sense to me, me and my co-works have been putting it in herbal tea with lemon all this past year, and I have noticed my allergies and sinuses haven't bother me no where near as much as they had been'.
So yes, I see the benefit there. I just haven't been able to pick any up yet.
So maybe when I get some and start using it it will help a lot.

I want to tell ya'll about the strangest thing that happened to me yesterday. I tried not to cry, I got on a messenger with my friend and she said she understood BUT before I could finish typing what happened the waterworks started.
Have you ever met someone who just instantly had a presense on you? Well, let me tell you about my friend Katie.
I met her on gardenweb in 2005, she was planning a in person swap. She and I talked quite a bit before, during the event, and afterwards for a while, but Katie was sick. Her eyes were affected by her condition and she had a lot of trouble reading black on white email. So over the last few years I stopped emailing her because I knew how much trouble she had reading, even though I always changed the font and background to make it easier on her.
This past summer, I ended up emailing her again and we had started talking. Not much because I didn't want to bother her much, she always stayed busy and knowing emails where hard on her I wanted to keep them to a minimum. The last email I sent her I didn't get a response from her.
Then I read a post another person I had met at Katie's swap had posted. Katie had passed away around Halloween, I was numbed. I felt awful over the loss. I had not felt right about it ever since I found out she was gone. I should have emailed her more, I should have been a better friend, I should have asked her if I could come visit, something I would have felt honored to have been able to have be blessed with, to visit her home.
A few days ago I received a envy from someone in Wisconson with seeds I had requested in the envy. She had placed an index card on it with my address on it. Of course being the furgal and thrifty person I am I decided to remove my address and reuse the envy as so many of us do.
When I did, I got the shock I would have never excepted and it blew me away so much I had to talk to my friend before I bawled my eyes out, for underneath my address label was Katie's address, I had received by some ironic coinencidence an envelope that once had been touched by my friends hands. I couldn't stop the tears. It took a few mintues to get a grip. I asked my friend if I was an idiot for squalling like a baby over something like this.
She said 'No, you're just a caring person. Greiving the loss of a friend'.
Someone else told me maybe this was Katie's was of telling me goodbye and it was ok to grieve for her because until yesterday I had felt so out of place over losing her I hadn't cried. I will miss her, and wish I had been a better friend to her. Lesson learned, the friends you have make sure you keep. Talk often because you never know when you can't.
I will remember her because she had a persence about her that was hard to forget.

OK, enough of the mushy stuff on with the group!
Deb, Diene, Kym, Nikki, what's up? how are you all this weekend?
OK I WROTE A BOOK TODAY, at least it gave you something to read....hehe!

OK, I said I would post a game and I will do that in the next post!!!

o
Game Time

GAME TIME
WHAT AM I?
I have very colorul flower clusters, I am usually make a shrub. I originally come from the tropics. But I have found my way into many homes across America, even though zones north of 7 I tend to be used as a perennial I can usually survive in some southern parts of zone 7

o

ERR..Fran do you mean that in zones north of 7 I tend to be used as an Annual????

My guess is Lantana..
Mariann

o

WELL YES MISS MARIANN, I MEANT ANNUAL....I am SO glad ya'll can read between my lines...lol.

AND yes you are right!!! It is Lantana!!!
I think it is beautiful and I HOPE mine comes back this year!!!

WOW you got that one REALLY fast. HEHE.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lantana camara

o
New Game

NEW GAME 21 QUESTIONS

In this game you all can ask 1 question per post. IT MUST BE A YES OR NO QUESTION ONLY: such as, is it a perennial? NOT IS IT A PERENNIAL OR ANNUAL.
You can ask anything that might give you a hint as to which plant it is such as is it more then 12 inches tall.
Does it flower?
Does it bloom in shades of red?
Can you eat it?
ONLY things that can pretain to a plant.
Look at the previous question BEFORE you ask yours.
I will do a compiled running list of questions asked until someone guesses the plant.
Kym will be helping out on this game SHE knows which plant it is and can also give you the yes or no answer you seek. IF the questions run to 21 before the plant is guessed We will let you know WHICH plant it was and move on to the next plant.

This is FOR fun ANYONE can play. To generate interest again.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN AND HAVE FUN!!!

o

Ok, I'll give ya my question! Hmmm.... what should I ask????

Is it a perennial??? (seemed like a good place to start:)

o

1. Is it a perennial??? yes (tender above zone 7?)

o

Wow, Fran...that is a very neat story! I agree, her Angel was letting you know that it's OK. Our Angels take care of us, and let us know things like that. (just my honest opinion) :O)

As for the question....

Does it have colorful or unusual foliage?

o

2. Does it have colorful or unusual foliage? Yes (deep color)

o
oppsie

2. Does it have colorful or unusual foliage? NO (NOT COLORED FOLIAGE)

o

YEAH-I'm a winner!!!

I'll try and check back later the kids are here.
Mariann

o

Are there many varieties?

o

3. Are there many varieties? No

o

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been able to post. My sil has been sick.
Fran, That was the sweetest story about Katie. What a sweet way of her giving you a little hello. Are you feeling better? I've been meaning to email you about a post I read. You know you are dearly loved, right? If not, let me be the first to say it! Love ya friend.
Bunny, Happy to here that Lili is feeling a bit better. I'm saying a prayer.
Marie, That quilt is going to be beautiful. Love the rooster!
Vic, So sorry to hear about your dog. Even though you know you have to do it, I'm sure it is still hard. My dog is a rescue puppy, too. We got her when she was just a puppy (barely 6 weeks). She is humble and cowers sometimes, too. Thank goodness she has turned out to be a sweet and loyal girl. I'd hate to have to give her up.
Marian, How's the YMCA. We have a family membership at our local gym and I haven't ever even gone. Haven't even bothered to go and get my card. Hmmm - maybe I should start.,,,
I hope everyone has a great week. Nik

o

Does it bloom more than once a year?

o

4. Does it bloom more than once a year? Yes

o
replies

Nikki, thank you. Sorry you are having so many issues, life always seems to be full of ups and downs huh?
How was it going back to school after your break? Is it as hard for you to get back to it as it is the students?
Bunny, you seem to be the only one playing huh? You asking some very good questions, the last one of which I had to go comfirm what I was thinking BEFORE I anwsered...the other one I managed to READ it wrong heavens to Betsy Ross!
I have been working on my other project for you, hehe.

Ok, well, come on ya'll PLAY!!!

o
When do you all want your Partner for The Cupid Swap?

I was wondering if you would like for me to post the partners or who you are sending to this week.
Also would like to know if you want it to be a Secret Cupid Swap like we did for the Secret Santa? Then I will just email you and let you know who to send to.

Is there ANYONE who WISHES NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CUPID SWAP?

o

Secret sounds good to me, Fran! I love surprises!! :O)

Question: Does it grow taller than 12"?

I woke up with some bug this morning, I'm aching all over and running a bit of a fever. *sigh* I hope it's just tired-ness, maybe? Over-working myself a bit, perhaps.
Anyway....I wanted to pop in here while the baby was sleeping. The boys have all gone camping for the night (BRRRR!!!! But they wanted to do some "polar" camping...I think they're NUTS!!) And the girls are over at Grandma's, so it's just Lili & me tonight. Some quiet time, and maybe I'll get to rest and start feeling better.

If it's not one thing, it's another, huh?? LOL

o

Fran-Great story about the name Lili. Gosh you brought tears to my eyes with the story about Katie. I'm always touched when I hear stories like that.

Question-Is it a shrub?

What will the Cupid Swap entail? I'm really short on cash.

I went to the YMCA this morning. Because of all the problems I have with my body I've started with the Senior Shape-Up program. Boy was I sore when I got home. Out came the frozen bags of peas so I could ice pack my shoulders.LL
Hugs to everyone,
Mariann

o

We finally got an inch of snow over night. Yippy! Then the wind blew it to Nebraska :(

I had a 'wrong number' call this morning. Of course I talked to the gentleman for almost an hour LOL It is such a small world... He and his wife are semi-retired and live in Orange Beach, Alabama. His GreatGrandFather was the first Mayor of a small town, Lebanon Nebraska, it's about 1 1/2 hours from me. By the time we were finished talking, Meg & I have been invited to visit, attend their church and he will take us fishing in the Gulf!! He is adding us to the prayer circle so that I will find a job and be able to visit this summer LOL What a great way to start my week talking to such a nice person!

Vic - Thanks for suggesting USA - I will do a search and see. Bummer about Max... but it sounds to me that it may be just towards adults? and he is protective towards Zack.

Mariann - I can't have dial up because you have to have a land line telephone. The only company we can have here is Sprint and I wont use them. About 7 years ago I called and had them come out to put in a new line to the house I live in - never had one before as it was a new set up. After 2 months of waiting they finally showed up.... They hooked up one end of the cable to the neighbors pole (1/4 mile away) leaving it laying on the ground across one of his fields, the county road, my outer yard and the grass yard. Then they left without even conecting it to my house! I splissed the wire and my daughter used it to call her little friend down the way, one time. Within 2 days - the cable had been ran over so many times on the county road that it didn't work any more and I recieved a $2800 bill for the first 2 weeks. I am so glad that I took pictures - because even after countless phone call's from myself and the neighbor telling them they needed to bury it so he could plant and sending them copies of the pic's - their lawyers insisted that I owed them over $30,000 for long distance charges in a 5 month period :( But Verizon works better and is MUCH less expensive :) Can't beat unlimited texting & calling with a teenager!

Quilting- oh ya, you need to try it!! For really great FREE patterns go to 'Quilters Cache'. They have just about everything and the instructions are well layed out. The little tack pin's that are next to the names are how hard they are - 1 yellow pin being the easiest. I have done some 2 pin's but mostly 1 pin. I saw one that has 3 red pins and thought "I can do that, it looks easy." Oooopppps no way What a disaster that was! LOL Also if you go to the Home Forum and look for the Quilting forum - the ladies & guys there are so helpful!

Fran - what a warm and touching story... sniff, sniff :)

Melissa - the picture of Lili in the doll stroller brings back memories :) Meg had a cat - Tigger that we got before his eyes were open. He was just a little spoiled and would take naps in her old car seat and she would give him bottles of milk & a doll passifier to help him sleep! Be careful that Adora doesn't try to take her for a stroll - my son wanted to do that with Meg the day I brought her home!

Adora will be fine, you are doing the right stuff. Megs brother was 9 & thought he won the lottery when she arrived!! He would bathe her, feed her, change her, and pretty much, I would have to ask if I was allowed to hold her! That was his way of me not spoiler her to much or he told his friends. UNTIL..... she walked!! Her first steps were to her big brother. (He was laying on the floor and I had just taken her diaper off for her bath) She tottled over & sat down on his head to get his attention. LOL The next morning his first words were, "Is adoption still an option, Mom?" They fought something awful until he left home and now get along wonderfully again.

I have never done one but I would love to make a 'Lili' block! Any certain colors?? Applique is a lot easier than it looks. Just cut out your pieces, put double sided iron on stuff on the back, arrange them till you think they are perfect, iron on to the block and sew. I do mine by hand cause it look's neater than when I use the machine.

I finished my oldest sister's birthday quilt! My baby sister and I plan to take it up to her at the end of them month.
Dixie's Birthday Quilt - 2009
It is all hand quited and sewed.

Have a great week everyone!!
:)Marie

o

5. Does it grow taller than 12"? Yes
6. Is it a shrub? No

o

Hello All;
I just received some great seeds from Fran which I am feeling very guilty about since I cheated to win!! I now have to try and make them germinate sO I can show Fran I am not totally incompetant.
Thanks Fran.
diene

o
Answers

Wow Marie, I wish I did have the patients to make a quilt I will one day! It is my goal to make at least one in my lifetime, although it MIGHT take me a lifetime to either get STARTED or to finish ONCE I START...hehe.

Kids are too funny.

Bunny, I hate you are feeling bad. Make sure you load up on vitamin C. Nice the kids are all gone, too bad you feel bad. It is neat to be home alone with just the baby isn't it?
BTW I THINK they are crazy too, not me....way TOO cold for that!

Mariann, the Cupid Swap is:
CUPID Valentine's FEB. SWAP
Seeds with the names _____included in their titles:
Cupid
Heart
Love
Valentine
Pink Flowing
Red Flowering
Flowers
Veggies
Homemade card
Ok is that it? If anyone can think of something else to include then let me know.
OK, IF you choose to include other items that is entirely up to you and in no way is required. This is something that is meant to be fun for us, friendship oriented, and non-costly, so if a homecard and seeds are all you can do then please only do this. We all understand, and WE PICKED THIS IDEA to do and AGREED TO DO IT CHEAPLY!
DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE A HOMEMADE CARD, THIS CAN BE ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF. FANCY, FRILLY, A PIECE OF PAPER WITH HEARTS ON IT. WHATEVER YOU CAN DO, CHEAP AND EASY. HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE....ALSO WE HAVE THE WHOLE MONTH OF FEBRUARY TO SEND THIS IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THERE BEFORE FEB. 14 IT IS JUST THE THEME WE ARE USING. OK?

o
nah, you didn't

No diene, you didn't cheat, I had already said that ya'll could work together if you wanted but would have to fight over the prize...lol.
I do hope you grow them out. I think you will be pleased with them it you do.

I hope they look as good as all the hype about them makes them seem!

o

Fran-I'll have to look at my seeds and see if any have those names.

Question-Is this plant valued for it's flowers?
Mariann

o

Question: Is it collectible? (ie: are there groups devoted to collecting just THIS plant?)

I'm feeling a bit better this morning. Still achy, but the fever is gone. Been drinking Emergen-C like crazy, so maybe that'll help. :O)

I can NOT believe my boys are still out camping! It is 15 degrees here this morning!! BRRRRRR! And there are some snow flurries where they are camping out. Gosh, I really would've expected them home by now! LOL

Marie~ I have been doing pinks & yellows for Lili. Her grandma crocheted her a yellow afghan (which I love, but don't use the crocheted ones until the babies are a bit older, because they like to get their hands & feet caught in them! LOL)
And the quilt you made for your sister is GORGEOUS! I love seeing all your designs! Wow, I wish we lived closer, so I could come visit & get some ideas firsthand! :O)

Mariann~ How are you feeling? Is everything OK in your neck of the woods?

Vic~ How 'bout you? Everything going OK?

Diene~ You didn't cheat, you simply got some "assistance". :O) I hope you have success with your seeds!

Where's Miss Kym? And Deb? How are our other ladies doing??

o

Good Morning everyone !! I am still on a borrowed computer, and I do come and read, just dont always post.

Bunny, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better ! There has been so much going around, and even people that dont go out and about have been getting hit...YUCK !

How is Adora doing, is she adjusting any better ? My friend had trouble for awhile, but one thing helped was to get her daughter a "new" baby too, with diapers, and etc..and she use to have her daughter diaper, when she was diapering, feed...when she was feeding, etc.

Diene, I hope you do well with the seeds and will be posting pictures of them this summer !

Marie, that quilt is just breath taking...and by hand ...WOW ! I use to want to learn how to quilt, they actually have a quilting store here in town, and they have classes..maybe when my kids are grown !

Marianne, how are you ? I hope you and hubby are feeling better !

Deb, has life settled down any for you ?

Diene, Are you getting alot of snow up there too ? We are going to be in the single digits the rest of the week, high will only be 10 degrees. Its been a few years since we have had such a cold, snowy winter here.

Marianne, we arent restricted to only those names for the Vday swap, I think Fran was just giving suggestions...it could be something pink, white, red....anything you think might have to do with the VDAY theme. I would even say Chocolate flowers would work, as we all give out so much chocolate on Valentines day.

Ok, I have a ton of stuff needing done, and here I sit. Wishing you all a wonderful day !

Kym

o

Thanks for oohing & aahing over my quilt, Ladies. It took a REALLY long time to finish but it was worth it.

Melissa - I'm getting idea's and putting some to paper...... yellow lilys are one of my favorite flowers - so bright and cheery!

I need to get back to my quilts, been goofing off all morning :)
Marie

o

6. Is it a shrub? No
7. Is this plant valued for it's flowers? Sometimes
8. Is it collectible? YES, not by groups per se

ABOUT THE VALENTINES/CUPID SWAP Kym is correct in her suggestion as well chocolate named or scented flowers would be welcomed too.

o

AND YES, you can also include red, pink, or white blooming seeds.
Forgot to add this

o

Hello All;
Yes Kym, we are starting our second storm of the week this evening, we had 8 inches on Sat/Sun and then about an inch and a half on Monday (I hate the little storms as they are just as much work for no gain).
Tonight they are threatening ice which I hate. I would rather have three feet of snow than one inch of ice but it is winter and you can't always get what you want.
DH is on a business trip to Puerto Rico and had the audacity to call last night and give me a weather report. He is flying back tomorrow and if there is a God he will have to spend some quality time in JFK in NY hopefully sleeping on the floor.
I am not sure I have the requirements for the cupid swap but I can probably put something together if my partner is not too fussy.
If you are going to be sticklers on it, I will gracefully decline to join.
Let me know.
diene

o

Good Grief diene, you should know by now we are not rules people...we just like to swap, LOL.
It is meant to be fun, and I am sure you can find something to include and if you don't have time to make a card then you can purchase one, BUT the reason for a homemade one was because we where trying to keep it cheap.
It is just fun to share.
Puerto Rico huh? Gosh that would have been nice, but then coming home to snow would be a BIG bummer! No you wouldn't want DH to sleep on the floor at JFK for real would you?...hehe. He shouldn't have given you a weather report huh? Guess he hasn't heard if Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy OR Don't bit the hand that feeds yah...LOL

Marie, again, I love you quilts and I am gonna get one done someday, maybe I should stay off the puter and start cutting fabic...lol. I KNOW doing them by hand take a LONG time, but they look so much better. I had helped my granny make a couple way back when.
My daddy made her a quilting frame geeze I wish I had inherited it! It really made quilting by hand SOOO much easier and you didn't have to touch it that much either! I mean like having it in your lap or all over the floor. Just the neatest things.

Bunny did the boys come home POPCYCLES?

Deb, where are you? How r u?

nikki, how's the weather? It is cold here...yuck!

Hey everyone, what's up in your neck of the woods?

o

That is really weird. I posted last night but I guess I forgot to submit.

Question: Is it considered an Herb?

Kym-We are all finished with that terrible cold. Unbelievably I recovered first.

Marie-Your quilt for your sister is beautiful. I did go to the site you recommended. They have so many patterns! My DD also brought over some quilting books she got from her book club. I'm sure I'll find something. I think I'll start with a table runner. When you do the top stitching do you use your sewing machine or do you do it by hand?
I'll check back later
Have a good day
Mariann

o

6. Is it a shrub? No
9. Is it considered an Herb? NO

o

Dienne -
"if there is a God he will have to spend some quality time in JFK in NY hopefully sleeping on the floor"
Your so funny LOL!

It has been a little chilly here for 2 days but the temps are coming up - 50's & 60's thru Monday. Weird, weird weather. It isn't right that it is warmer in Wyoming than in Arkansas in January...

Melissa - hope your boys are home and warming up!

Mariann - Most of the time I do all my stitches by hand. Unless I am in a hurry (late with a gift!) then I get the machine out. I made my first table runner this year but as I was pressed for time I used the machine and it isn't anything I would let anyone but close family see. Very uneven stitches and off kilter.

Fran - A hand made frame would be awsome. I would love to have one but my house is to small. Maybe later this year - keeping my fingers crossed.

Stay warm all,
Marie

o

Question-Is it a tree?
Mariann

o

Question: Does it get taller than 36"?

o

6. Is it a shrub? No
10. Is it a tree ? NO
11. Does it get taller than 36" ? NO

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

I finally got to help with the game !! Is everyone sitting under a warm blanket, or in front of a fire ??? BRRRRRR.

My whole family is sick...this has been a long winter, and still a long ways to go.

I hope all is well with everyone...I have been working on Frans box... and I am looking forward to the Vday card swap.

Kym

o

Thanks Kym, for catching those two questions, GW has been messing up for me today and it hasn't been loading fast it is TAKING forever to open post and by the time I got my DC# posted for the OTHER thread and answered stuff that needed to be answered else where you had it covered...lol

I wish it was warmer, but I am warmer the some of you cause mos of you are in the neg. digits! I thought when you told me it was 18 to 24 degrees I thought it was cold and NOW WE are headed for the single digits!!!!

Our Weather for in the morning:
It is supposed to be 5 degress in the morning, BUT at least it isn't -5!

Stay warm everybody,

o

Fran,

I don't mean to brag but our temps through Monday are to be 60+ :)

Stay warm!

o

WELL we managed to stay in the double digits last night, it was 10 degrees...LOL.

Not gonna warm up much today either and it is gonna be another cold one tonight.

Thank goodness GW got their act together today, it was making me crazy yesterday and last night.....it was taking forever to even be able to post a reply anywhere on here even with cable internet!

OK so we are up to 11 questions on this game....
Does ANYONE have an idea yet? Should I start giving BIG clues OR should I let you keep guessing? Humm, now how should we go about this Kym?
Ahhh, let's keep em guessing what do u say?

HEHE,,,,STAY WARM LADIES!!!

o
Ah Marie!

Marie, now that ain't nice....lol.
I just bask the fact that most of the time I am warmer....lol...
Enjoy your temps I am sure the cold is lurker near by!

o

Ohhhh Sure Marie, Rub it in...LOL We are below zero right now, BRRRRRR ( although I lived in Fla, and missed this weather...LOL Silly me)

Fran, the whole Idea behind the game is to just give yes/no answers, and the closer they get to the 20 questions, they should have a better Idea. SOOO, Keep them guessing...LOL

Can I give a Hint....and say it is one of my fav flowers ?? tee hee, that narrows it down...LOL

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend ?? I am hoping to talk Hubby into taking me to look for some seed racks..what can I do to be nice ??? HMmmmmmmm

Ok, come on....ask Fran another question....keep her busy !! LOL

o

Fran! I got my seeds!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! :) You are a sweetie!
She sent me Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia!!! I have been salivating over this one!
I'm not sure when it came, I just got it yesterday from the po, for those of you that don't read the PP thread, Someone knocked down a bunch of our mailboxes and we have to go to the po to pick up our mail. Our boxes are all grouped together and on a long "shelf" like board that got plowed down, I'm pretty sure it was an accident, the road was all ice. I hope our box is back up this weekend.

Game question, does it bloom in spring?

Mariann, I'm glad you are feeling better

You too Melissa and your little angel!
How did the boy's camping trip go?

Marie, I wish I had your talent and patience! That is beautiful!

I can't remember if I posted here or not, but today is day number 5 on quiting smoking! I am doing pretty good so far (except for about 10 lbs I've gained! LOL)

It was over 55 today! I hope it is nice this weekend too!

gonna run,
Vic

o

6. Is it a shrub? No
10. Is it a tree ? NO
12. Does it bloom in spring? Yes
______________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Vic I told you I was gonna send you some of those for guessing who I was on eBay!...I asked you if you had ordered them and you never did tell me...so I figured I would just go ahead and send them anyway! LOL.
Glad you got them.

It is supposed to be 6 degress in the morning....I plan on staying in bed until about NOON! Maybe by then it will have warmed up some!!! This is just too freaking cold, I don't like it and I don't want to do it......

o

Hey - I'm just popping in before heading to Macon to see my sister and SIL. I'll have to catch up on reading everyones posts later tonight. Is everybody healthy? Fran, how's your nose? Bunny, is Lil feeling better?
Hope everyone is staying warm,
for the mystery,,, Does it grow from a bulb?
Nik

o

6. Is it a shrub? No
10. Is it a tree ? NO
12. Does it bloom in spring? YES
13. Does it grow from a bulb? NO (not a bulb)

Nikki, honestly I am having a heck of a time with the weather the way it is!!! Taking LOTS of meds...makes me sleepy...UGH!!!

Yes, Bunny how is little Lili? HOW ARE YOU? Did you catch the bug? Did the boys freeze on their outting? WHAT'S GOING ON???? You can't just leave us hanging!

o

Sorry, Mama Fran~ Didn't mean to keep you hanging! LOL
Yep, the boys froze bigtime. :O) They actually came slinking in right after I posted that morning. Hubby crashed on the couch, and didn't move all day. Seems shivering all night is NOT conducive to good sleep. LOL!

Lili is feeling much better, and she's breathing fairly easily now. I still have to watch her at night, and wake her up several times to clean the gunk out. But that's OK...I'm just happy she's doing well. :O)

Question~ Can it grow from seed?

How is everyone else doing?? I hope ya'll have had a great weekend so far. I'm trying to get started on my Valentine. Don't know what I'm gonna make, but I've got some ideas. :O)

Stay warm, everyone! (except those with 60 degree temps.... :P to you...!!)

o

6. Is it a shrub? No
10. Is it a tree ? NO
14. Can it grow from seed? YES (from what I have read)

o

Finally thought of a couple questions and may know what it is :)

Question: Does it grow from a tuber?
Does it bloom all summer?

Vicky - CONGRATES ON THE SMOKING!!! On March 10th of this year it will be 10 YEARS for me :-) I didn't start gaining weight untill last summer though :( hope you have better luck than I have with that part.

It was so nice today that I opened all the windows. I am getting Spring fever something terrible.... the nights are a little chilly.

Marie

o

6. Is it a shrub? No
10. Is it a tree ? NO
15. Does it grow from a tuber? YES
16. Does it bloom all summer? YES

o

Well Marie, I was hoping I would get to come back and see you had posted what this plant was....lol

Only 5 more questions left and YES I allowed Marie her 2 questions because she has not asked any.

o

My guess would be begonias.

o

Nope sorry diene guess again. That was a good one though...

Ok, where is everyone else. You can either ask a few more question or Guess, anyone?

Hope everyone is warm this wonder day.

o

Dahlia?
Does it begin with the letter D?
Nik

o
Guess again

Does it begin with the letter D? This is truly NOT your question is it Nik? Cuz if it is I will give you a freebie: NO...lol and NO it is not Dahlia either....so GUESS again.. :)

o

Does it come in red colors???

o

Maybe a Calla Lily?

o

6. Is it a shrub? No
10. Is it a tree ? NO
15. Does it grow from a tuber? YES
16. Does it bloom all summer? YES
17. Does it come in red colors??? YES (?)

Nope Bunny, guess again, I love callas.

This is a plant I would LOVE to have too....I know doesn't help much...

o

No more Guesses?

o

Question: Is this a container plant?

Hmmm.
Guess: Anemone?? (did I spell that right? I can't SAY it, much less spell it...LOL)

o

My guess is:

~Canna Lily's ~

keeping finger's crossed....

o

Nope, not that one either Bunny...guess again.

woohoo this thread is DONE.....

Check out the new one.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Birthday Bash Thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here