Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

UPDATE: ~~~ Queen of the Month ~ debbya ~~~

hummingbirddaisy
17 years ago

Happy New Years Ladies!

debbya is our Queen this month, so lets make her feel like royalty!

Please post when you send and remember to send with DC#.

Deb will post when she receives, and she'll tell us about all of her goodies so we can all drool! :-)

I am sending out her questionnaire now.

Please let me know if you don't get her info.

Tina

Comments (59)

• galium
    17 years ago

Deb,
    A gift certificate is coming your way this month from Glasshouse Works... Check them out on line.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• snyder
    17 years ago

I'm mailing Debya's box today. Conf# is 0302 2940 0002 0654 5051 Snyder

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah Deb! You have lovelies coming your way :-)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Mariann,
    I just checked out Glasshouse works website and can't believe how many rare, unusual plants they offer! You can spend hours on that site! Thanks so much for the gift certificate, what a neat gift!

Deb

• galium
    17 years ago

Deb,
    Let me know when the gift certificate arrives. I'd like to know how long it takes them. I love their selection too. Amazing.
    Mariann

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Deb you should be receiving your *Queen Of The Month* package from me today.It was shipped directly from where I purchased it so I hope it arrives ok. UPS 1Z 33R 4V3 03 4634 507 0
    I hope you like it : )
    Nancy

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

My package is headed your way Deb.
    Conf # 030610700000 87173540

Ginger

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

I'm here! I went out of town for Christmas & decided to stay until after New Year's.
    I did print out Deb's info before I left so I could shop while I was gone.

Deb,
    I have your package ready to ship, will post the DC# after mailing it tomorrow.

Maryanne,
    I read your hello note to me on the old thread. I'm so happy to be in anothe swap with you. :)

Tina,
    I've sent you my completed questionnaire.

Happy Belated New Year's everyone.

• andrea81
    17 years ago

Deb,

Your package was mailed this morning. I combined this with the Garden Buddy exchange to save on postage. I hope that is okay with you. ;-)

Here is the DC# 0305 1720 0000 8589 6402

I hope you enjoy your goodies!

Andrea

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow ladies! You are all on the ball!
    Great job!

Can't wait to hear about all the loot! :-)

Tina

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Deb,
    I mailed your package today. The DC# is 0306 1070 0000 9111 5284.

I hope you enjoy it.

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Am I the only one that feels like she's late....... we have until the end of the month right??? Still trying to recover from the holidays.......:)
    Monica

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hey everyone, how's it going. monica, no, you are not late, heck, it's only the 5th. i've thought about my package, i've gotten some things together, but i have to get through this weekend before i can do anything! besides, the hostess is always late LOL (said that with love and laughter)
    i'm having a 'spiritual clairvoyant' here all weekend and hosting about 3 dozen people

mariann, you confused me. i thought glassworks had to do with stained glass, as debby crafts. i was way off base!

i had other stuff to say, but all of a sudden, my mind went blank.

be well everyone.
    maryanne

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Two boxes arrived today!

Ann sent so many items, I don't know where to start! A really beautiful tabletop wrought iron candlelabrum with 3 crackled glass votive cups. It looks simply beautiful lit on the coffee table! I love crackled glass! A package of peanut M&M's, fountain grass seeds, Pet photo album, rose picture frame with a magnet (for the fridge), big bag of Strawberries & Cream hard candy, the most adorable chubby frog holding a sunflower! I'll place him outside as soon as I clean up the landscape! Bottle of fertilizer, nail grooming set, really cute hanging wall placque that has "Welcome To My Garden" (you can place bird seed in it), package of petunia seeds, broccoli seed, red permanent marker, telephone & address book.

Thanks Ann! I can't believe how many items you fit in this box! I absolutely LOVE everything you sent! Your so thoughtful and generous! And really made my birthday special!

I also LOVE Nancy's present! Nancy ordered from Dutch Gardens for me! A box was there this morning! It was so exciting to open something up, and have no idea what it is! Nancy sent an Exotic Star Amaryllis! I've never tried to grow one before and am so thankful that Dutch Gardens sent instructions! The Amaryllis came nestled in a wicker type basket, lined with green moss. I'm so excited to try growing an Amaryllis! They look so gorgeous in pictures!

Thank you Nancy! You really made my birthday extra special too!

This is sooo much fun! ;)
    Thanks Tina for organizing such a fun exchange!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Mariann,
    The Glasshouse works $25 greenhouse gift certificate arrived. That was really quick! A catalog should arrive shortly, according to the gift certificate. I already have my 'wish list' ready. It includes..ferns, coleus and a pink princess philodendron!

Thanks so much, Mariann! This was such a neat gift!

Ginger's box arrived. Ginger sent a really neat hardcover book~ "Attracting Birds to your backyard" and a banana pup!
    I'm not sure the banana pup will make it, somehow the plant must of became chilled. The pup's leaves look sort of black, wilted. The main stem is ok? So, I really don't know if bananas can lose leaves and remake them? Does anyone know? I'll plant it tonight anyway and see what happens.

Thanks so much Ginger! What a thoughtful package!
    Ooooh this is so much fun!

Hugs,
    Deb

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

Deb,
    Keep me posted on the banana trees. If they do not make it, I will send you another one when the weather is warmer. I was hoping that the packaging would help keep them warm enough.

Ginger

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Two more packages arrived.

Sue (Sguanzon) sent plants! The plants arrived in perfect condition, not one brown leaf! 3 succulents, large spiral bamboo, and I'm not sure what the other is (it's sort of reminds me of a yucca). Also, Sue sent package of foam mounting dots (for a scrapbook), photo book, gold tree with soap/body wash (Vanilla), Jobes plant spikes, and a decorate bird house (that broke in a few pieces during transit).

Thanks so much Sue, you sent such a nice Birthday box! I loved everything you sent!

Debbie's box also arrived! Debbie sent a flower pot bird house kit (that you decorate yourself) made out of clay pots. Also a cute frog on a rock, ROOSTER wooden plaque (whitewashed) with three rooster pictures w/hooks. And Vanilla/lavender body wash, that helps promote sleep. I usually zonk out 2 mintues after my head hits the pillow. So, if I use the body wash, wonder if I'll fall asleep in the shower! ;)

Debbie, thanks so much for the perfect Birthday package! I loved everything you sent!

I could really get used to being Queen! :)
    Deb

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I almost forgot! One more package arrived, Andrea's!

Andrea sent me a really beautiful hummingbird candle (soot stopper).

Thanks so much Andrea! I loved it!
    I'll post the other 2 items on the other Garden Exchange thread (for January's box).

Deb

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Sorry about the bird house, Deb, but glad you liked the rest!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Sue,
    I also forgot to mention one more plant. Is it an ice plant? I had one several years ago growing in a basket and loved it! I was suprised the the decorative birdhouse broke, usually resin is strong. The post office must be really rough with the packages!

Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow Miss Queen of the month! You are getting some really nice gifts!
    You deserve them :-)

Great job ladies!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I really am getting such nice gifts! I'm thrilled being the Queen, LOL!

I feel soo loved! ;)

Deb

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I'm not sure about that plant Deb, it doesn't look exactly like the ice plant I have and it wasn't labeled. :(

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Deb,
    I'm glad you liked the things I picked for you. Enjoy the rest of your month. :)

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Tina,
    Is it possible for you to send the info for next month's Queen now? Or better yet, all of them at once?

I don't know how everyone else shops but I do marathon shopping. I have to shop when I can, not always when I want to. It would help if I had future Queens' wish lists early so if I see something that would fit them I can get it then.
    Thanks.

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi everyone, just stopping in to say hello. i'm surprised the plants are making it okay at this time of year, but i guess the weather is decent enough, well sort of. we actually had 70 degree weather over the weekend and monday it poured like crazy and today was a little chilly. i noticed today aside from everything budding, two carnations bloomed. this is just nuts. now it feels like it's time to start winter sowing.

i had a clairvoyant here over the weekend and about 2+ dozen people here to see her. very interesting to say the least. it's amazing what she "sees".

tina, my niece wants the brown dog. we just have to get her mother to say okie dokie. do you still have all of them or at least my two? how long will you hold on to them?

i just learned my creepy neighbor is registered on megan's law website. i'm sick to my stomach

GO EAGLES!!!size>

deb, you are getting some fun stuff. nice to be queen, isn't it? i'll let you know when i mail your box.

be well
    maryanne

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Debbie - I will get nexts months questionnaire out to you ASAP. I don't have all the questionnaires back as of yet.

The Hostess - Well she is spending the majority of her time in bed, yuck!
    Sorry for not being here as much as I should, or would like.

Deb - You are getting some great prezzies! You deserve to be Queen, at LEAST for a month!

You gals are doing a great job! Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
    TIna

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

tina, i sent you mail yesterdya or maybe the day before. did you get it?

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies -

How many of you would like to have a copy of everyones questionnaires for future reference? I don't want to overlead everyones inbox with these if you aren't wanting them all right now.

Deb has received boxes so far, from :
    galium
    snyder
    cedarnest
    ggwrn
    andrea81
    debbie_sw_ok
    sguanzon

4 more boxes to go.
    I will be working on your box over the weekend and sending out next week Deb.

Tina

• galium
    17 years ago

Tina, I'd like everyone's questionnaire. When I shop I'm always looking for special gifts. I also like to plan ahead if I'm making something.

Thanks,
    Mariann

• andrea81
    17 years ago

I would love to have the questionaires ahead of time as well. I like to pick things up as I go along instead of shopping for each person all at once. It makes it easier that way. :-)

Thanks,
    Andrea

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am going to send out the questionnaires that I have, to everyone today.

Deb is still waiting for her box from us:
    Me
    Earthly
    Monica

This has been a fast month, I know, but lets get those gifts out (including me!)

Be watching your e-mails.

Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

mine was mailed. i had hoped it would be there. maybe tomorrow?

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It may have earthly. I've noticed that she hasn't posted too much in the last day or so, so she may just be really busy at the moment.
    I'm sure she will post as soon as she is able. :-)

I can't believe that we are this far into the New Year already...... time really flies after a certain age doesn't it.

Tina

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hi,
    No packages arrived today. I'll post as soon as they arrive.

Deb

• monipsych
    17 years ago

I haven't forgotten. Due to both the weather and not feeling well I haven't got out yet. But have been thinking about it. I'll be planning for the weekend or early next week. I'm glad to have the other wish lists it will make it easier to pre-shop. Thanks!
    Monica

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

tina, i didn't get the lists. please someone forward them to me as it seems tina and my ISP don't cooperate.

thanks
    maryanne

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Can someone please forward the lists on to earthly? We both would really appreciate it very much.

Earthly, I sent you an e-mail yesterday. I knew since I hadn't heard back from you by this morning, that you did not get it. :-(

Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

I will forward them to you Earthly,Hopefully your ISP will like mine : )I am going to go forward them now so if you don't get them by tomorrow let me know and someone else can try.Hope it works : )
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

thanks nancy. i got them.

tina's will show up in a couple of days. that's the way my (server) works sometimes.

i don't recall if i ever filled one of these out for this group. it's real similar to the horti's. i don't think everyone did though, so do i assume if they are duplicates from that group, we just refer to those questionnaires?

m

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Maryanne sent a wonderful package! A Decorative Techniques & Projects book "Handmade Clay Crafts" plus a bag full of delicious thumbprint cookies, and a bunch of "Tastefully Simple" products.. Sweet Southern BBQ sauce, Merlot sauce, Sweet & Sassy Mustard sauce, Peach Praline topper, Chipotle Ranch dressing, Lemony Dill sauce! I've been to a couple "Tastefully Simple" shows and love the products!
    Also, a ceramic rooster plate (so adorable), Swiffer Duster (love these), Farmer's Almanac, shipping supplies-tape, paper seed packages, bubble envelopes. Also, a really cute "I love my Dog" frame for Tobias! St. Christopher auto pin for my car! OOOhhh I almost forgot, a Garden design book that features English Gardens!
    What a neat box! Thank you soooo much Maryanne! I loved everything you sent!

I'm going to miss being your Queen, LOL! Everyone sent me such wonderful, thoughtful gifts!

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

deb, i am glad you liked the stuff. don't laugh at that swiffer - they are excellent, even if you just leave it at your computer desk! was that rooster along the lines of what you collect? (don't let tina know i sent you a rooster) if not, i still have the receipt.

glad it arrived.

you reigned well, now move along and make room for nancy! LOL

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Darn! Earthly, you beat me to it! I was going to post that....... ummmmmmmmmm, I THINK THAT BOX was suppose to come to me! LoL

So, you gottsa roostersssssss ehhhhhhhhhh Maryanne!!!!!!!
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, LoL ;-)

Deb, you will have to post a pic of it!
    Your entire box sounds fabulous!

Sounds like you still have 2 more boxes coming! I'm sending out Monday. Sorry I'm sooooooooooooooo late. Forgive me?
    Nothing like realllllllllllllllllllllly stretching out the month huh! :-)

Hugs,
    Tina

Oh, Maryanne - Nancy forwarded your questinnaire to me and I sent it to all the gals. Thank you both!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hey deb, does that type of craft appeal to you? if not, i can always send you the receipt, i'm sure you have that same book store in your area. i did dare ya though! LOL

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    I love ceramic/clay crafts, and have 2 kilns. So, the book will be well used!

A pic of Maryanne's rooster plate, I love it!

Pic of Toby showing off his dental work!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

wow deb, i didn't know you did clay crafts or had a kiln. you are one busy beaver, aren't you? toby always cracks me up.

maryanne

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Sorry it took a bit. I'll be quicker next month. Hopefully it will make it by Wed. It went out today. Delivery Confirmation #03061070000158964572 Happy end of your reign!
    Monica

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Monica,
    The box arrived last night, thanks so much!

Monica sent a cactus, it froze in transit. Our temperatures have been really extreme -11 windchills, so no plant material would have a chance in a box.

Also, some seeds! 2 pkgs. of Lettuce, Lemon basil, 2 pkgs. tomato.
    Cucumber melon hand lotion, Herbal remedies for dummies soft cover booklet, a Pumpkin cookbook, 2 pack decorative fabric photo frame.

Thanks so much Monica, I love everything you sent!

Deb

• monipsych
    17 years ago

I guess I should have thought about the weather issue. But to be honest it didn't even cross my mind. Sorry!
    Monica

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Tina's box arrived! Tina sent a gorgeous "Gardenia Lily" gift basket bath set! Bubble bath, couple of scrubbers, bath crystals, gel. Guess what I'm doing tonight? LOL...
    Also some yummy vanilla cream candles, and a ceramic ROOSTER mug warming set. Perfect for keeping my tea warm!
    Thanks so much Tina for a wonderful package!

Deb