Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

UPDATE: 3rd annual fotess holiday card swap

canyonwind
9 years ago

I took the liberty of starting a new thread for the FOTESS HOLIDAY CARD SWAP as the other thread has hit its max of 150 posts......

Margo, thanks for posting the BINGO words and helping Shirley out. Things are not looking good for me on the BINGO front LOL!! But I love BINGO.....just playing is enough for me.

And below, I carried over Margo's 150th post on the other thread with todays BINGO word and all BINGO words that have been chosen.

â¢Posted by smitties 5 (My Page) on Wed, Dec 17, 14 at 7:50

Today the Bingo word is
plowed
So far the following words called have been

INCHES
SNOWSTORM
FROZEN
MELTED
DRIFTS
BLUSTERY
PLOWED

And my cards have been mailed............

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Wed, Dec 17, 14 at 14:17

Comments (92)

• kchd
    9 years ago

Hi there, ladies!

SHIRLEY!! So glad you are home now. We have missed you. I hope you are relaxing, taking it easy, getting some good rest, and enjoy perusing those garden catalogs!

I have received cards from several members, but for the life of me, I am not sure if they are for the SSS swap or for FOTESS. Such is my life here lately... LoL!

I received beautiful cards from Promise, Jayeanne, Faye, and Michelle. All were beautiful cards and all contained seeds I've been looking for :D
    Thank you, dear friends!

Today my DH, Woolie the dog, and I are driving down to New Orleans for the holidays with family (my parents and sibs). It will be a grand time! Meanwhile, our house building adventure continues. Foundation is done. Walls are up. Ceiling joists are going in now. I will be glad when the roof is up to keep the rain off the raw lumber.

Katie

• sjc48
    9 years ago

Evening, All!
    Just wanted to post today's Bingo word, which is: WINTER.
    And just because it's the day before the day before Christmas, here's a Bonus word: ICE
    Words called so far:
    INCHES
    SNOWSTORM
    FROZEN
    MELTED
    DRIFTS
    BLUSTERY
    PLOWED
    SNOWMAN
    BEAUTIFUL
    SNOWY
    CRYSTAL
    SNOWFLAKE
    PILES
    SUZY
    COLD
    WINTER
    ICE

We're going to take a short break from Bingo words, just long enough to get thro Christmas Day! I'll be back on Friday with 2 more words!

Shirley!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

I got a card today with seeds. No name. Secret. I think I might know who it's from!
    Shirley...no computer and pneumonia...sounds like a pioneer story! You weren't in a covered wagon, were you?
    We got 15 snowflakes here which melted and turned to ice so we all slowed down. The wind never slowed down, though.
    Heidi

• sjc48
    9 years ago

No covered wagon, Heidi, and no snow yet, altho we are supposed to get a really nasty storm tomorrow.
    Have a nice nite, Ladies!
    Shirley!

• smitties
    9 years ago

Well, it's Christmas eve. I hope everyone is ready and that Santa has started his trek on time.

Have a nice trip Katie and safe travels.

Shirley, you keep your self tucked up and resting. The bad weather originally predicted for here is no longer coming so I am feeling a bit better about the kids traveling.

Our youngest son had a car accident yesterday. He was not injured but did a good job on the front end of his car. Had to have it towed to the collision shop. Now we are on pins ad needles because there is talk of just "totaling" it due to the fact there are so many miles on it. The car is a decent car and we know it has many good miles left on it. We have decided if they try to get off cheap and total it, we will pay for the damage ourselves unless he did some major damage they don't know of yet. It would be cheaper to pay for it ourselves then scrap it and have to buy something else. It's only five years old.

Our son was so upset. He was afraid we would be mad but when he first called, my stomach sank. We were so glad to know he was safe. He slid and actually hit a sign and sheared it off. That sign kept him from sliding into an oncoming line of traffic so he was being looked after. As I have aged, I realize how life is so fragile and a car can be replaced.

Well, off to do my house cleaning and then spend the day with my son, daughter and her husband. It's been tradition for 30 years to go to lunch and a movie but since the kids have all grown up, the numbers have dwindled. Still gotta do it.

Have a great day everyone. Margo

• gmom2-6boys
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas!
    I'm wishing everyone a Great Holiday Season.
    Our trip has been canceled because of sickness with our destination. Three out of 5 have the flu. Grandma Bieganski is making jello and chicken soup for the family and putting it on the porch for them. Please send them some prayers.
    Is anybody close on Bingo? I only have 3 to go.
    Good health and safe travels.
    Sharon

• flowergirl34
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas :D
    vina

• canfan
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas, FOTESS!

Today will be spent baking, wrapping and enjoying my time with my kids. Unusually warm day (mid 40's) and rainy.

Margo... praises for your Son who was spared serious injury from his car accident!

Shirley.... praises for your continuing recovery and medical support to keep you on the mend.

Everyone: May your travels be safe, your family time be joyful and may your worries be calmed by the spirit of Christmas.....

• ruthz
    9 years ago

Hello and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• l1oness
    9 years ago

Shirley - I'm glad you are back and starting to feel better! Margo - that is a blessing!

Merry Christmas everyone! Travel safe.

Mandy

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday wishes to our NC Shirley ... and
    Merry Christmas wishes to all ...
    and get well soon to those who need it.
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Vina-Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card with Santa and
    all the wrapped presents and the Christmas tree pin.
    I need a beautiful pin to wear this time of year.

Shirley

• gmom2-6boys
    9 years ago

Thanks to Heidi for the beautiful homemade Christmas card also for the birthday wish I received today.
    Wishes for healthy return to those in need.
    Safe travels to all coming or going.
    Happy Birthday to all December Births!
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!!
    gmom
    Sharon

• sjc48
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas, Everyone, and have a beautiful day tomorrow! Safe Journeys to all who are traveling, and I hope everyone is feeling as good as I am!!
    Shirley!

• nottougly
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas, everybody.

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas to all! Have a wonderful day !

• smitties
    9 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone. Shirley, so glad you are feeling good.

I just ate too much. Time to take a nap. Margo

9 years ago

{{gwi:2133392}}

• nottougly
    9 years ago

I received a Christmas card today from sjc48. Shirley sent a beautiful Let it Snow card.
    Thank you very much.
    Faye!

• l1oness
    9 years ago

I also received a beautiful homemade "Let it Snow" card from Shirley today. Thank you very much! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Mandy

• sjc48
    9 years ago

Evening Everyone!
    Happy Day After Christmas! I'm hoping everyone had a great day yesterday. My day was quiet, which is what was needed!

Glad the cards are starting to arrive. Sorry they are so late, but at least I got them out before the end of the year! It was iffy there for a while.

Two more Snowflake Bingo words for you all tonight:
    WHITE
    SHOVEL

Words called so far:
    INCHES
    SNOWSTORM
    FROZEN
    MELTED
    DRIFTS
    BLUSTERY
    PLOWED
    SNOWMAN
    BEAUTIFUL
    SNOWY
    CRYSTAL
    SNOWFLAKE
    PILES
    SUZY
    COLD
    WINTER
    ICE
    WHITE
    SHOVEL

Some of you are getting really close!
    More words tomorrow evening!
    Shirley!

• canfan
    9 years ago

Tough game of bingo we have going on here.... I am still 3 words away....

• kchd
    9 years ago

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a nice holiday. I saw some of the best Christmas lights in New Orleans, which were of some very well done lights on 3 live oaks. I loved it.

We are driving back home today to give us Sunday at home to recuperate before going back to work on Monday. I just checked my bingo words. I still need 4 more.

• sjc48
    9 years ago

Beautiful pic, Katie, thanks for sharing!

Here are tonight's Snowflake Bingo words:
    WEATHER
    CROCHETED

Words called so far:
    INCHES
    SNOWSTORM
    FROZEN
    MELTED
    DRIFTS
    BLUSTERY
    PLOWED
    SNOWMAN
    BEAUTIFUL
    SNOWY
    CRYSTAL
    SNOWFLAKE
    PILES
    SUZY
    COLD
    WINTER
    ICE
    WHITE
    SHOVEL
    WEATHER
    CROCHETED

Do we have a winner? Check your words, Ladies!
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

I think I have BINGO!
    My words were: snowflake, winter, white, beautiful, snowstorm, weather, crystal, ice, frozen, and melted.
    If I won, that doesn't happen much. Talk soon.
    Jeanne

• sjc48
    9 years ago

Congratulations, Jeanne! You do indeed have a bingo! Your prize will be going out next week. Way to go, Jeanne!

And you know what, Ladies, I think this swap is over!
    Once more, I want to thank everyone who sent cards this month, I really appreciate the time you took to participate. You are such a great group of FOTESSER's!

And I know Jeanne will be on soon with the January Swap, she has another great one planned, so be watching for it!
    Talk to ya all soon!
    Shirley!

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Shirley -- Thank you for the cute, homemade Christmas card. I received it today. :)

• kchd
    9 years ago

duplicate post!

This post was edited by kchd on Sat, Dec 27, 14 at 22:13

• kchd
    9 years ago

Congrats on the win, Jeanne!!

DH, the dog and I made it home safe and sound this evening. I checked the mailbox and was excited to have received Shirley's (sjc48) beautiful homemade card. Vina sent a package with a glittery Santa Claus card and a christmas tree pin! Thank you both so much!!

This is one of my favorite FOTESS swaps. Thank you for hosting again this year, Shirley. I hope this becomes a standing tradition for years to come. Looking forward to seeing what Jeanne comes up with for January. Crossing my fingers that it is simple enough for me to handle. It's about to get k-k-k-krazy 'round here for me.

• patton40
    9 years ago

Thank you Shirley for the cute homemade card i got in the mail today! So pretty!
    Congrats jeanne!

• ruthz
    9 years ago

Yes, thank you Shirley.
    I got a really cute snowflake card in today's mail.
    Fun swap.

• flowergirl34
    9 years ago

I want to thank Shirley for the adorable handmade snowflake card! :) Rec'd it yesterday in the mail.

THANK YOU!!

vina :D

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

I received both my cards before Christmas. Was very surprised, but shouldn't have been ... You are such a giving group.

Susan, your morning glory Christmas Tree was a Big
    Hit at my house and thank you for the seeds!

Anne, your too funny sending me dollars because I already have too many seeds. Beautiful card and snowflakes!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
    Sharon toomanyanimals .... Tma

• toomanyanimals
    9 years ago

OMG, I missed saying I received a beautiful card and lovely fun useful seed envelopes from Erica! Thank you!
    Sharon...tma

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Shirley - Thank you so much for the Christmas card! Thank you for hosting this swap.

Katie - Those lit up oaks are beautiful!

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

I got a lovely homemade card from Shirley today! Just lovely! 'Thank you so much! Melinda

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Miss Shirley ~ Thank U for keeping my mailbox something happy for me to go to! Hope you are well!!

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

I finally got here to finish reading the posts. Very excited to have won the Bingo game. I don't remember if I've ever won GardenWeb Bingo before and if I did it was long ago. I have the next swap planned and think I will post it earlier in the day rather than late like it is now so I don't type "nonsense". It's going to be a true Round Robin so I hope many will join in.
    Now hopefully off to get a good night's sleep. That didn't happen last night so I've been tired all day.
    Jeanne

9 years ago

Thank you Shirley! I received your card today. My husband just looks at me like I'm from Mars. I've had card after card in December!
    Would you pray for my husband? This is very hard for him. His brother lives in South America and got a terrible infection. His brother has had both hands/part of the arms and legs (above the knees) amputated. First it was the arms. Just this week it was the legs. It's so horrible and my husband is feeling very powerless, unable to be there, unable to fix things, unable to help much.
    Thank you,
    Heidi

• sjc48
    9 years ago

Prayers for all your family are on their way, Heidi,
    Shirley

• canfan
    9 years ago

Heidi... so sorry to hear about your brother in law... your family is in my prayers..

Shirley, thank you for the sweet snowflake card! It came just in time to join the bit of snow we received in our valley!

This has been a fun swap... really enjoyed the bingo game, too... I was just one word away... ;)

Our weather has taken a really cold turn... 9 degrees... the snow is very crusty and the dogs are walking on it like it is a bed of rocks.

Wishing EVERYONE a blessed "wrap" for 2014. May the coming year bring you peace and happiness. Peggy

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Heidi, how terrible! Positive thoughts going out to you and your family.
    I am without a computer right now and am way behind in every way. Thanks to Promise and Shirley and Jeanne for FOTESS cards this season. I truly appreciate them even though my absence might make it appear otherwise.
    I'm trying to do a little catch up while I can so if I don't get back on for a few days Happy New Year to all of FOTESS.

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Shirley thank you so much for the beautiful LET IT SNOW homemade card. You did a great job and I truly thank you.

Vina-Thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card. What fun it is during December to receive all the fun cards.

Heidi-Prayers for your Brother-In-Law and your Husband. So sad to be so helpless when someone we love goes through such pain.

Shirley

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Heidi -- How horrible what is happening to your brother in law. My thoughts are with him and your family.

• kchd
    9 years ago

Heidi, I am so sorry to hear such sad news about your brother-in-law and his health. Wishing you, your husband, and the rest of the family peaceful and healing thoughts.

• smitties
    9 years ago

Shirley, thank you for such a beautiful card. To think you made all of us one is amazing considering how you were feeling. You are an amazing friend.

Thanks for hosting another successful swap and the best to you and everyone else in the coming year.

Margo

• gmom2-6boys
    9 years ago

Shirley-Thanks for the beautiful card. It did get here before Christmas. Thanks for the Bingo game. I was 2 away from a win. It did keep me coming back every day to check for a word. I'm trying to spend less time sitting at this thing. I should be up moving, doing somethinggggggg.
    My prayers go out to you & your families for better 2015.
    May we all enjoy the NEW YEAR.
    gmom
    Sharon

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have been out of town for several days but came home to beautiful mail!

Shirley (sjc) sent me a lovely snowflake card. I always enjoy your one of a kind cards. Thank you so much.

Speaking of snowflakes, we finally got some last night. Around midnight, the rain turned to snow. We get snow maybe every four years but this was different in that it happened at night and it was blowing...a mini snowstorm....white all over the place. This went on all night. It is almost 11:30am out here and the snow is just starting to melt off the roof. Funny, people are coming from down the hill to snowboard in the hills, throw snowballs, build snowmen and frolic in the white stuff......CBS and NBC are out and about in their trucks reporting about the snow. Huge story....LOL! It is a bit nippy...temps are hanging in the mid 30's. That is cold for us!! But it is nice...very wintery! I better get outside and build myself a snowgirl...........

Happy New Years to all. May your 2015 be beautiful, happy and healthy.

Melinda and Heidi, prayers for you.

Margo, so happy your son was fine after the car accident....

Thanks Shirley for hosting.....as always perfect!

Happy Day!

Annie

• patton40
    9 years ago

I got another card today. This will be my third card. I don't know who it is from. It came to me today in a plastic bag from the post office. There is no return address on it. Just a sticker with hanging mittens. I only recieved the front of the envelope. The back of the envelope and card are both gone. Whoever sent it, thank you. I am sure it was real nice.