Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: sponsor a newbie

Posted by wilmoth z-5-6-7va. (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 07 at 14:16

Our other thread reached its max...This roundrobin is for newbies to find a Sponsor for seeds. All newbies are responsible to provide his/her Sponsor with sasbe and postage for their seeds... thanks ....... Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: sponsor a newbie

Hi Donna,
Thank you so much for being kind enough to sponsor me.
I sent you an email.
regards,
Regina

o

Donna:

Do all of the newbies have sponsors? I have sent envelopes to the two that I adopted and I can take another one - would prefer zone 7 or 8 as that is close to my zone.

Becky
ramazz

o

I am a newbie and would love to get involved. Please tell me the things to do. Thanks

o

Hi Carol(Veeja3@wmconnect.com),
Got the Sponsor A Newbie seed packet today. What a neat assortment of seeds.....thank you so much for your generosity!! Your the best!!! Blessings to all GW oldies for making us newbies feel so welcome, and sharing your experience and precious seeds!!

o

Well hello every one I am alive and well although I was in the hospital due to my stomach again it seems to be doing better now I hope...Regina I am sorry Im so late but I have your package ready please send me a SASBE TO MY ADDY 3237 WESTVIEW FARM ROAD SAXE VIRGINIA 23967 and they will be there to you soon...Happyseed what types of flowers or vegetables do you like please post a list for us so we know how better to suit you to one of our sponsors.....Ramazz is looking for someone in zone 7-8....so what zone are you happyseed?WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE ALL THE NEWBIES....a special THANK YOU to ALL the sponsors......Happyseed I will take you too send me a SASBE to my address please put your gardenweb name inside and for sponsor a newbie so I don't get all the mail mixed up o.k. thanks everyone.....Donna

o

hello again i MISSED THESE NEWBIES FROM THE ORIGINAL THREAD ALL OF THEM WILL NEED A SPONSOR SAXAPHONEGIRL..........GROWBABYGROW...............HEALING32
EIRE...............THELWIG55..............tHEY MAY NOT KNOW TO CHECK THE NEW POST WE MAY HAVE TO EMAIL THEM IF NOTHING ELSE.........HUGS .....sometimes it's hard for me to keep up......Donna

o

Thought it might be helpful to post a synopsis of those Newbies still looking for adoption since their original posts are in the old thread.

saxophonegirll
Zone 8; starting an unheated greenhouse; seems to be starting garden from scratch. (email addy is not listed on member page, but is listed in her post -- see original thread) Member page:
http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=saxophonegirll

maricybele / growbabiesgrow
Zone 8 / "Oregon Climate"; Interested in cool climate veggie/fruit, herb, edible flowers & seed saving and winter sowing. Member pages:
http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=growbabiesgrow
http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=maricybele

healing32eire
Zone 6b; Special interests are roses, cannas, dahlias, daylillies..all plants. Master Gardener & Herbalist. Member page:
http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=healing32eire

thelwig55
Zone 5; Loves cut type flowers, love dahlias, roses and day lilies; has lots of flower interests listed. Member page:
http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=thelwig55

Happyseed
Zone7; Starting over from scratch (Post is in this thread, above) Member page:
http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=happyseed

Hope this helps!
Tina

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Sponsor-A-Newbie thread

o

Hmm, well, one of the people that kilngod listed already has negative reviews over on the Rate & Review forum, so that person is not the one I want to sponsor. I will take saxophonegirl1 and will try to e-mail her directly.

Becky
ramazz

o

Hi Donna,
I received your seeds today. Thank you so much for the great selection of seeds. Now I can`t wait for spring to arrive!
Regina

o

I am not sure but I believe I had signed up to sponsor someone and then I had surgery and have been recooping. Anyway, I mailed seeds to Sonja and Brenda today.

Thanks,
Susan

o

would love to join i am a newbie..
Jamie

o

Wow, what a great project! I'm a newbie too and would love to get involved! I'm trying a (possibly insane) project-- re-creating an old, neglected garden and bringing it back to its former glory-- and can definitely use all the help I can get :)

Duodecad

o

Hello,
I just found this thread, and am hoping I can participate by having someone sponsor me. I have just bought a house, and it needs lots of garden help. lol What do I need to do?

Thank you!

o

Hello
I am a newbie just starting to grow my own flowers would love to have a sponsor please
thanks so much
Jennifer

o

Hello, I am new to this site, and this sounds great. Can someone tell me what I need to do to join? I am a mother of 4 and would love the oppurtunity to plant flowers with my children, we never had a yard before this to do so.

o

Donna,
I live in NC also, so I will be glad to sponsor jblanton08 who is from western NC.
Jennifer, send me an email.

Ginger

o

Hi I am close to dcdskt6357411 I am zone 4 and have lots of seeds to share with her.... Donna let me know if I can have her...... Barb

o

Hi all you new Newbies! If you all could update your member page a bit to include (directions are below):

1) your Zone and State (or at least zone and region) - a zone in Arizona might be the same as a zone in Washington state, but the growing conditions are very different.

2) add some things to your Want list, it's easier for us to Sponsor if we know we've got things that you want. It can be actual flower/veggie names or general things like "Veggies, shade garden flowers, anything tall and spikey, things to attract birds" and the like.

...You can always just post this info here, or really add it to your profile. To change your profile info, go to the very bottom of this page, click on Member Page, and there will be choices for Edit Exchange List (put your wants here) and Edit Personal Info (in the Zone place, list your zone and even you State; and at the very bottom, mark "show email to Members").

This will help us a lot!

o

Soon as another one from my zone or close comes I'll take them!:)

o

I'm close enough to sponsor kcgirl81, zone 7b. KC, an email is on the way to you.

--Tina

o

tHANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE UPDATES i LOVE YOU ALL FOR IT THIS LEAVES 5 PEOPLE FOR SPONSOR DUODECAD AND PAMPEREDAVOFCHEFON3-- HEALING32ERIE ----THELWIG AND HAPPY SEED SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG ON THE COUNT WOULD ALL 5 OF YOU POST SOME OF YOUR WANTS SO THE SPONSORS HAVE AN IDEA IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO SPONSOR YOU I WILL TAKE DUODECAD PLEASE E-MAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW YOUR WANTS IT IS VERY HARD TO SPONSOR YOU IF WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPES OF WANTS YOU HAVE THANKS ONCE AGAIN TO THE SPONSORS AND TO TINA AND KILNGOD FOR KEEPING THIS THREAD IN ORDER FOR ME I AM HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME DUE TO ILLNESS SO I WILL TRY TO KEEP UP BUT IF I LAPSE I CANNOT POST THAT WEEK OR SO THANKS TO EVERYONE.HUGS...DONNA

o
RE: UPDATE: sponsor a newbie- dcdskt635741

Hi Dcdskt635741
I am your new sponsor. My name is barb. I am so excited. You are my first sponsee. I was sponsored by donna a while back (smile). Please post your likes and email me. I will need your addy along with three stamps and a bubble envy.... I am up to 500 different species of flowers due to the kind folks on Gw and of course buying some too. I think you will like what I send. I am sooo happy to sponsor you.... Barb

o

Hello, Its thelwig55, in zone 6, some of my seed wants are:
Short little sunflowers
rosemary
colus
pin cushions
dahila
hosta
iris
creeping phox
zinnias
Christmas rose
Oramential Kale Spelled wrong
cockscomb
white salvia
flavored mints
peppera,mild and hot
4'oclocks
snap dragons
sweet peas
gerber daisy
climbing hydrangea
germiniums
rose
Butterfly weed
Butterfly bush
bee balms
petunias
moss roses
Delphiniums
babybreath
truly not all that picky, I don't due many veggies, but need to fill many patio pots and I dug out 3 perennial beds that were taken over by Black eyed susans and daisy.
I am going for the cottage garden look and one I would like to do in cut flowers, i have never really bought annuals, due to it seemed like an waste of money, but with WS would like to try and and all that work with WS. I have large beds , this is the first winter WS, I can't see why it won't work.
Thank You, Tammy

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 24, 08 at 12:16

Hi Donna!

I would like to sponsor thelwig55 if I can since she is close to my zone. I have some leftovers fom my w/s that I would like to share, (most are commercial if that is ok).

Rhonda

o

I would like to find a sponsor. I am interested in houseplants, cactus, herbs, and part shade to full shade perennials. I just bought some grow lights and can't wait to start experimenting this year.

o

Thank You so much Barb! I am emailing you right now with my information.

~Crystal

o

Hello all! sorry it took so long to post my wants, my children and I went and spent a long weekend where my husband is off working and are just now getting in.here is a sjort list i am truly not picky just don't want anything posinous like caster beans or angel trumpets..

flowering vines:
blacked eyed susan
morning glories
firecracker vine
hyacynith vine
cypress vine

cut flowers:
zinnas
daisys
cosmos
sunflowers
poppys

i love daylilies and iris and roses.

lantana
sedums

plants or shrubs for full sun..

vegies of all sorts plan on making a garden with the kids this year..my kids love to help when it comes to anything outside....my yard is a blank playard now needs a total make over. would love old gardening magazines and books on how tos..

hope this helps some one..

Jamie

o

Hi Rhonda, thank you so much for the offer of sponsoring me, I have picked up some commerical seeds and newbie packs on ws, but I have a lot of spaces to fill in and I am unware of what a lot of flowers look like, but if you check my page and see anything you would like me to send. I got into propagation shrubs, if there are any you would like, would be happy to send, they are still dormant.

This is my first year WS, so very excite at the possibilities, really first real year at growing seeds, which is quite fun.
Tammy
thelwig55

o

Mon, Feb 25, 08 at 0:13

Hi Tammy!

I am happy to sponsor you! This also was my first year wintersowing and it has been great! I definitely don't need anything right now, my DH might kill me if I receive anything else related to plants or seeds. LOL. Thank you anyway! I will email you with my addy, just send me a bubble envy with 3 stamps and I will get them off to you.

Are there any flowers or colors that you dislike? If there are any I will avoid sending them to you, I know there are some I wouldn't want-so don't be shy and let me know.

o

Hi. I am a newbie. I would like to have a sponsor if there are any more available and not to late to join in. Thanks alot. Sonya :)

o

Hello, Rhonda, Thank you for your sponorship! I don't think there is a color I dislike, prefer no invastive plants, but being newer to the flower hobby there are so many I have no clue as to what they look like or do, so it is all fun to learn. I may have more of a dislike list in a few years, but now love them all. Goals are to fill in a few large perennial bed and I would love to start an cut flower garden, so anything you think fit those ideas. I also have a lot of patio pots that will need annuals.
I sent out the SASBE and postage today.
Thank You,
Tammy

o

I'm ready to sponser another newbie. Welcome sonyalynn. You are in my zone. Please email me for my address and I will start pulling together some seeds for you.
poisondartfrog@myway.com
Alana

o

pamperedavonchefof3 I would love to sponsor you. Please email me for my address, and I will get together some seeds for you.

o

Still checking in here for a newbie too sponsor,it seems when one comes along I might be compatible with,someone else has already scooped them up! If robinlynn doesnt find a sponsor I will take her,I just dont think I have much of what she would like to have!

o

Hi duodecad,

If you still need a GW sponsor please let me know. I am in Zone 11 but a lot of my seeds/plants will also grow just fine in Zone 9. I know they will, because I brought them with me from my Z9 CA garden right before I moved to Hawaii. :)

I've been a GW member for several yrs now and would love to share my seeds, garden tips, and such with you. :)

Let me know what seeds you're looking for (flowers, herbs, vines, veggies.) I'll send the seeds I can spare to you and you won't need to pay a cent for the postage, cause I really do need to clean out my seed box and get these seeds to a good home! :)

I also sent you an email using the GW system.

Looking forward to your reply.
Grovespirit (Iris)

o

*** I'm nominating agirlsgirl to sponsor robinlynn ***

(Angie, there's a sonyalynn who just got adopted, and a robinlynn above who I didn't adopt 'cuz she's a perfect match to your zone)

o

Yes Mam!....lol...I will be glad to take her,robinlynn,send me an email and I will give you the details on where to send your envy! I would like to find out more of your interests also,I have no house plants or cactus,but I do have a few herbs and shade tolerant plants,we will work something out!;)

o

I am having trouble communicating with saxophonegirl1. I sent her an e-mail a while ago, she sent me one a few days ago, and I sent her another one in response. I haven't heard from her so I don't know if her server is blocking my e-mails or what.

Becky
ramazz

o

sonyalynn has not responded to my email yet; hopefully I will hear from her soon. In the meantime, I would be happy to take an additional newbie on if there is still one out there close to my zone who has not been assigned a sponsor.

Alana

o

I am a newbie who would love to have a sponsor. I just bought a home with a large back yard that I will be planting this spring. I am thinking of a cut flower garden, as well as a shade garden and a veggie/herb garden. Since I have a "blank canvas" to work with, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

o

Thanks agirlsgirl for sponsoring me. I sent you an e-mail. I just found this site, and its so inspiring. Your pictures on your member page are fabulous. Thanks again.

o

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to this site and would love to have a sponsor. My family is starting to look at me with that "deer in the headlights" look when I'm babbling on with what I'm wanting to do.
We moved to this house last April and I waited to see if anything was planted around the house. There isn't much of anything so I'm planning on ripping up two sections of the yard and planting butterfly gardens. I've done a couple of seed exchanges (the people were very generous to accept my paultry offerings of zinna and purple coneflower seeds in axchange) I live in Zone 6 in PA. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks so much! Linda

o

I am a newbie too! This is such a wonderful site. I'm mostly looking for perennials, roses, daylilies, hostas... I have nearly nothing so I'm interested in anything. I am ready to winter sow and have lights for some indoors sowing too. So exciting!

o

I would like to be sponsored. My home is in zone10 but I am currently staying with my mother for awhile, while my hubby is deployed and she lives in zone7a. So seeds for either zone would be good.

o

Angie (agirlsgirl), LOL! I didn't read your post right and thought you had confused the too -lynn posters. It was me that was confused.... lol! Let me know if you need some other seeds for her - I've got a few shade things and a couple houseplants I can send ya'.

Lindaruzicka - I'll adopt you too, since our zones match an I have seed slant for butterflies and hummers. Email is on its way!

o

Hi Ibeanie, I'm sending you this info via GW mail also.

Duodecad never did reply to me, so I'm free to sponsor you. I am also a military spouse, BTW. I'm sure I can find seeds for both of your zones. :)

Is your growing area in your mom's yard mostly sun, shade, or some of each?

Please email me a seed wish list, or put some info on your GW trade page so I know what you're interested in. Unless you want me to send you some random leftover seeds for you to play with, and just see what grows best for you?

Thanks. :)
Iris

o

I received your email, kilngod, and I sent you one in return. THanks for adopting me!

o

Hi

Just found this and would like to be sponsored. I am new to gardening, haven't done much. Started to retake a neglected yard last year. Lot of space for flowers etc.

Thanks

o

Tina!...lol...thats Ok,I knew what you meant! :)
That would be great if you could help out with a few things for robinlynn,in that case,I would also be able to pick up shelbelle,I have lots for her.lmk if this is possible.
robinlynn I returned your email!:)
grovespirit,I chit chat with duodecad,she was on her way out of town to visit a sick relative. She said she more than likely would have no internet while she was gone. She was only supposed to go for a few days,but it seems it must have ran into more days.I sure hope that isnt a sign that something bad happened. I know her to always answer her emails,so I am sure as soon as she gets back home she will contact you.
Tina let me know about shelbelle!:)

o

Monkey665, if you will email me your address and give me a few details about what kind of plants you favor, I will be happy to send you a "getting started" package.
Alana

o

I would love to sponsor a newbie and have lots of extras that I can share - more particularly, lots of cut flowers -my zone does limit me a little, but if you have someone that needs a little help, please have them email me! "shelbel" sounds like she's close, has she been "adopted" yet? Thanks for starting such a great thread! :o)

Jodi

o

Just chiming in late here (after being out of town visiting an ill family member) to say many thanks Iris for offering to sponsor me, I'm very excited!! :)

Duodecad

o

Hello
I'm a newbie (mid January)and I have sent out a ton of envies for seed, problem is I keep offering them up at my work. I was so excited about the wsing thing that I told everyone I knew!! I planted a bunch but only have a few seeds in each(found out later that I should have put around 20) I'm ready to be adopted AND keep the seeds for myself! If theres anyone out there for me plmk. Lisa

o

Angie - Yes, I'll send you out some things this weekend for robinlynn! (I have your address on file.)

--Tina

o

Since I'm helping Agirlsgirl to sponsor Robinlynn, she's also snatched up Shelbelle (I think).

So to recap...this leaves these Newbies still looking for sponsors:

maricybele / growbabiesgrow -- z8 "Oregon Climate"

emsgarden -- 8b LA

ishareflowers -- z5 MA

o

Yep,I want shelbelle,I have an email from her here, I am going to get back to her to make arramgenments.She is a first year winter sower also,and you know how many winter sowable seeds I have collected ,so I have a lot I can share with her, and we are zone compatible! :) I appereciate you sponsoring robinlynn with me,I was afraid I wouldnt have much for her! Your a saint Tina! :)
Well I am off to post a pic of my very first Brug sprout and contact shelbelle!

o

I originally took happyseed and has anyone heard from her i dont see any posts from her? A brug sprout.. agirlsgirl have we named it yet?.......LOL.....oH i CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES of the brug baby.....keep the humidity low the white flies are treacherous in humidity......HUGS ......DONNA

o

Donna,I posted the pic at the Brug forum and it was the Red Sanguinea that sprouted,Thank you!:)

o

I will adopt ishareflowers! Lisa, please send me your "wish list", a bubble envelope with your addy and 3 stamps and I will see if I can help you out. I am in zone 4 in Minnesota, so my seeds should be fine for you! I understand how nice it is to share, but won't it be a bummer when your co-workers are telling you how nice their flowers are and you don't have any! :o)You have to keep some for yourself too! LOL Have a good weekend!

Jodi
mngardener1

o

Jodi,
Thank you for adopting me! It was nice to share but now it's all about me!I will email you direct.

Lisa
ishareflowers

o

Are there anymore without a sponsor? I can take another.

Jackie

o

Jackie,
Are you still looking for sedum?I sent out a sasbe for it and the person sent me a ziplock baggie full of mixed sedums. a lot of my co-workers didn't care for them so I have several small baggies left at work. I would love to give something back, people on gw have been so kind to me. plmk and I'll send you a bunch.
Lisa/ishareflowers

o

Hi Poisondartfrog. I have been trying to send you emails but they keep bouncing back to me. I hope maybe you'll see this post. My email addy is (oggsonya at yahoo dot com). Thanks so much. sonya

o

Jackie, these are newbies needing sponsors, both near-ish to your zone:

maricybele / growbabiesgrow -- z8 "Oregon Climate"
(I recapped the info about her wants near the top of this thread - may have to hunt for her since it was longer ago that she posted)

emsgarden -- z8b LA
(very recently posted)

o

Thanks, Kilngod. I will take both of them. I have already sent them emails.

Jackie

o

sonyalynn,
I will assume that you did not receive my email to you either. If you are emailing me through GW, try again directly from your email instead. In the meantime, I will make sure my email account will accept your emails.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Alana

o

Was so excited to be contacted/sponsored by Jackie today! Thanks to Jackie and to Kilngod for pointing me out to her! Happy Spring! :) Em.

o

Hello Gardenweb!

If possible, I would love to be adopted to any of you pros! I live in Ohio (zone 5-6) and would be appreciative to pretty much anything, seeing that I don't have much. Thank you!

o

I can take jinhee421 too! Email me @ jwilken@charter.net if you are still looking for someone to adopt you! :o) I am in zone 4 MN, so you will work perfectly!

Look forward to hearing from you!
Jodi

o

Still nothing from sonyalynn. I don't think we are getting anywhere for some reason.
Sonya, if it is not too much trouble, email again to the following address. My mother will forward your email to me.
bean_459@yahoo.com
Based on your want list, I have your seeds ready to go. All I need is your address.
Alana

o

Thanks everyone, jackier 123 has contacted me.

o

tina/Kilngod,
all I can say is WOW! You're envelope arrived today with all the treasures in it..my mouth is drooling and my head is full of hummingbirds and butterflies! Thanks so much!
Linda

o

Thanks Barelyshown for adopting me. I look forward to your envelope and Hope that one day soon I can repay the favor to a newbie as myself. Hope everyone is doing ok It is pouring rain here in louisiana.

JAmie

o

Hey Jamie - what part of LA are you in? Am in Slidell. Luckily, it hasn't started raining here yet but it wants to.

o

Monkey, your seeds are on the way. I hope you enjoy them!
sonyalynn, I still need your address.
Happy spring!
Alana

o

Hello! I just wanted to thank Angie (agirlsgirl) for sponsoring me! I'm excited to get started and see what happens! Maybe in a year or two I can give back what you all give to us newbies! Thank you ALL!
SB

o

Hello all. I have just graduated from college and we bought our first house here in NC. I have a large yard (a little over an acre) with nothing but lawn and surrounded by trees so it gets partial sun mostly. There are no flower beds or even shrubs although its an older home, whoever lived here before did NOTHING :(. I am starting from scratch, at a loss, and would love to be sponsored or even offered some advice for my area. Lots of clay and rocky soil unfortunatly and the deer are frequent visitors, fyi. Anyone up for the challenge? I would so appreciate it and once I get going would love to sponsor someone else. Thanks, Kara

o

shel belle it is my pleasure! Your motivation is inspiring! :)

o

uncgardener, I can sponsor you. Send me an email. Enclose a list of your wants if you have anything special you are looking for.

Ginger

o

Jackieeeeeeeeee Oh Jackieeeeeeeeee where are you - oh greatest sponsor in the world??? I just received my envie from you and OH!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!!!!! there are so many many seeds in there. It will take me days to figure it all out. I feel like a kid in a candy store - don't know which way to look first. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
Em.

o

I finally connected with saxophonegirl1/Jeanette and am mailing her seeds today. Alana, did you reach Sonyalynn? I just sent her some seeds last week and she e-mailed me today.

Becky
ramazz

o

As you read, I am so excited about Jackie and all that she sent me! What a wonderful person!! However, I am now unsure of the best way to organize my seeds and the info I gather on them. Any of you "elders" have any suggestions? I have browsed through the forum topics and haven't found one that deals with this. Thanks!
Em.

o

Becky,
I have not heard from her. My emails to her must not be getting through. I was getting worried. Maybe you could provide her address-her envelope of seeds is just sitting here waiting to go.
Thanks!
Alana

o

I too am a newbie. I blew my budget this year on seeds, lights, etc. Now I'm broke! But I'm addicted! I need more seeds!

Never grown from seed before, so I'm nervous. Did a lot of winter sowing, which, of course, I've never done before. I am especially interested in veggies and unusual herbs, but nice perennial flowers and shrubs, or reasonably hardy annuals wuld be nice also.

A little about me:

I've puttered with flower and veggie gardening over the past 5 years here, and actually have made a nice foundation planting around my home, though it's still only 1/2 complete. Last Fall, however, I went crazy with bulbs...1000+ bulbs and managed to get them all in the ground! No idea how they survived the winter as I didn't get them mulched before snowflew....hopefully all the snow we got will be sufficient insulation for them...

This past fall I also doubled the size of my tilled veggie garden, but in January I found out about permaculture/lasagna/sheetmulching, and since then have been buying seeds, winter sowing and planning my Spring expansion...quadrupling the size of the garden I expanded in the Fall.

I am a gardening addict newby. i am overwhelmed! Please help!

o

Hello gardenweb-
Newbie here,not sure if this thread is still active, if so please let me know what to do.

Please help!

P.S. Gardenweb is addicting.

Thanks,
Liz

o

Poisondartfrog. Hi there. I have emailed at the other email addy too that you give me with my address in it. Thinking that one did not go through either. Guess it was not meant for me to receive a newbie package from you. :( Anybody else having email troubles with yahoo.com emails. Alana yours is the only one that I am having trouble with I think. Thanks so much. I will try and email you again. Wish me luck all. Sonya

o

Sonya, I'm on yahoo too, but I've not had any problems. Email me and I'll see if I can get it to Alana for you. I also have AOL email and if I can't get it to her through yahoo, I'll try the AOL.

Kathy

o

Sonya,
I got it! I don't know what the deal is-I added your email to my "always accept" list to no avail. At any rate, your seeds are ready and will be en route as soon as the weather breaks.
Thanks, Alana

o

Up for adoption: Middle aged kindergarten teacher. Loves kids, birds, gardening, and my husband but not necessarily in that order every day LOL! Just got started on winter sowing this year and I hope it works. I have about 12 containers outside and would love to have more if this thread is still open to new members. Hope to hear from someone soon!

Barbara

o

Barleyshown,
Thank you so much for pkg it arrived Wed. I was on my wa to missippi to visit my DH and had to wait long enough to run back inthe house and open it and look at all the great things..I will have to list them whenI get a chance. Thank you again on getting my garden started.

JAmie

o

Hi ten_steps_ahead / Barbara,

Consider yourself adopted! You're in my zone, and I used to live back east and "get" NJ climate, seems mostly the same as here.

You'll have to email me, as you don't have your email address showing on your member page.

(you can go to the Members Services link at the bottom of this page, click on "edit personal information", and change the option of "show email address to members".)

To email me, cut and paste my address (click on my name, and then the link to send me an email to see my address) into your regular email - the GW email form doesn't work well.

--Tina

***There's still a zone 4 and zone 5 up there to be adopted y'all :) ***

o

I'm a newbie and would like a sponsor, I'm in zone 5 Ohio. I'm looking for purple pinks & blues, russian sage & herbs. Actually anything would do, I am so excited and can't wait for spring, GW is fantastic!

o

robinlynn,I mailed your envy today,I emailed you to let you know,but wanted to post just in case you didnt get it!:)
Thanks to Tina and her contribution and some seed I forgot I had,you have a pretty nice envy on the way with some great seeds! Enjoy and Happy Gardening! ~Angie

o

Sonyalynn, your seeds are on the way. I had a number of things on your want list so with any luck you will find several that you can use. Happy gardening,
Alana

o

Hi Alana (poisondartfrog). I got your great big package of seeds. I thought I would just post here instead of trying to get the email thing to work again. Thank you so very much. I really appreciate them. My kids had a fit when they seen all those seeds in that envelope. They are ready to plant. Thanks again. :) Sonya

o

Dear Kilngod and Agirlsagirl,
Thank you so much for my seeds. I am already planting them instead of cleaning my house for the holiday. Thanks again!

o

Your welcome Robin! Have fun!:)

o

Great Sonya! I have heard from Monkey65 also, so I am all squared away. Thanks, everyone.
Alana

o

NEWBIE here looking for a sponsor. Looking for seeds of edibles suited for zone 6 (NE Oklahoma) to help feed my large family. We live on 5 acres where I've tilled a good sized plot for a garden. I bought some seeds tonight and will update my Member Page soon. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: TheClays.com

o

I am a newbie and am in need of a sponsor, I love in Oklahoma, the Tulsa area... Thank you so much...

o

Hi, I graduated from college, got married, and moved into a new home over the last 12 mo. I promised my mother my entire childhood that I would have someone do landscaping for me... it was pretty but there was NO way that I was gonna work THAT hard to have flowers. haha, she laughs at me now! I got the bug. It just took me a little longer than some folks... if they get it! So I have collected a little from her, daylillies, roses. Bought a few other things, tulips (which I discovered tonight that I did bury a few upside down)My landscape is bare, spare a few bradford pear trees. I have so much to learn, and I am very grateful to have found this site! If anyone would like to sponsor me, I like/don't have
shade flowers
any kind of hummer/butterfly flowers
willow trees
burning bush
hot peppers (rest of veggies are gonna be at grandma's)
and anything...I am really not picky, the only thing I don't want is primrose-I thought it was the prettiest flower that was hardy when I passed through TX last year on my honeymooon and planted a few-needless to say IT TOOK OVER! And continues to sprout everywhere.
Thanks To all the oldie/goodies that don't mind sharing your wealth. I have this thought in the back of my head that one day I will be able to sit back and enjoy my work, then reality checks and says that day is today, because the work never ends!
Sam

o
RE: sponsor a newbie (Cindy)

Cindy accidentally posted to the outdated adopt-a-newbie thread. I am reposting her info here, for her sake. Potential sponsors who are in or near Zone5, please contact GW member nova62.

From Cindy * nova62 zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 19:57:
> >OK, yes I am a Newbie.
>Also new to outdoor flowers. I want to plant alot of summer >flowers that will re-seed. I have 2 acres to work with now >and am looking to do alot of different beds. I love all >flowers but have no seeds to share. I want to do the >natural looking beds rather than all things lined up. I >like the monarda, bellflower, coneflower & black eyed >susans. Does anyone have seeds? I promise, I will have >seeds to share when I get this going.
>Thanks
>Cindy

o

I'm a newbie to gardening, but my dh and I are planting a vegetable garden this year. I could use a few things, but I don't need seeds so much as maybe someone to look to for advice? Especially someone familiar with companion planting, organic gardening, and "no-till" methods. Is there a veteran gardener to ask, or a particular forum to go to for these things?
I tried searching, but I guess I am still learning how best to use the search feature here, because I didn't come up with much. Any help would be appreciated! :-)
Thanks,
--Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: My exchange list

o

UPDATE to my post above. I've been sponsored (THANK YOU!!!) and I found that some veggie seed is surprisingly inexpensive at our local Wal-Mart.

mooncr8zy you are not far from me. Contact me and we can compare notes.

Here is a link that might be useful: TheClays.com

o

I live in Oklahoma and would be happy to sponsor future seedaholics from my area.

Mooncr8zy,if you would, please email me since you don't have an email link to your page, nor a wants or trades list up.

FYI, you can add these easily, info on how courtesy of Sue (chemocurl)

To set up your email link, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
You will then probably be asked to login in again.
Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place an email link on your member page, making it handy for members (potential traders/sharers) to easily reach you in the future.. There is no need to hunt up a post to find an email addy.

While you are there editing, you might want to place your state abbreviation in the one box provided for the garden zone (and Location). You will find it is often beneficial if members know where you are located......even more so, if/when you maybe want to do some plant trading. It is a postage cost, days in transit, temperature/climate thing to be considered.

Additionally, you can email the Original Poster, by clicking on either their "member name" or "My Page", and then you will see their email link.

Happy Gardening and trading.

Kathy

o

Hi all - just popping in to say thanks again for this sponsor program. I am happily growing many of the seeds Jackier sent me and making great trades with the ones I could not use. Ya'll are great!

o

I am a newbie in the sense that I am starting over from scratch. I am a refugee from Hurricane Katrina, now living in Seattle, the Great Northwest. I have started a few seeds and hope to grow flowers and food and herbs. Seeds are so expensive I cannot afford to buy very many, so would love to be sponsored. Also, gardening here is so different than New Orleans (although the zones are similar) that I would love a sponsor who could answer my many questions!

o

I'm a newbie and would love a sponsor. I'm located in Omaha, Nebraska. I've started a few sets of seeds so far, but would love to get some new stuff and have someone to talk to that I can get advice from.

Allison

o

• Posted by omm9 7 NJ (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 5, 08 at 0:27

Hello..

Hope I'm not to late..what a great resource! I'm defintely a newbie in need of a sponsor. Veggies and herbs would be wonderful if possible. Many thanks..

omm9

o

Hello,I just found this thread.I am a newbie.I have recieved seeds from some members already on the seed exchange. You all have been very generous with me.I have just joined a couple of round robins.Do I still need a sponser?I didn`t know to respond to this thread. Please advise. Robin

o

I have been a member for a while but am a newbie to growing from seeds. Normally I buy 6 packs of annuals and a few perennials. But with the cost of gas and plants going up in my area. I have decided to try and start some plants for seeds. I am also planning on putting in a veggie and herb garden for the first time. I would love being sponsered.

Karen

o

Hello I see you Sponsor Angels have been busy thanks so much for sharing ....You are all special Angels to me for all your help with this thread I will take robin 1962 and khandjo please email me with a list of wants...You will need to send a SASBE for your seeds to me all newbies are to send a SASBE to his/her sponsor with return postage....I want to thank all of the sponsors here who have been so generous to everyone you are my special garden angels and I could never have kept this thread going without all of your help dedication and commitment to help all the newbies succeed in sharing the joy of gardening and the beginning of new friendships...............HUGS.............A special thanks goes out to a few of the sponsors I have had dealings with........ you know who you are ........you are my most cherished friends........... and also a special thanks to all the sponsors who have kept up the thread along the way you are all so great to me......... I love you all......... for your hearts are full of kindness and you have been blessed with the gift of sharing...... ..........Donna

o

Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 23:14

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that thelwig55 received her seeds. She emailed me and let me know, but probably forgot to post here.

Which newbies need a sponsor? Maybe someone could do a new list?

Rhonda

o

I was one of the newbies that signed up in the original posting. This was a WONDERFUL "exchange" for those of us just starting on the site.

I was lucky to have Becky (ramazz) sponsor me. I'm still planting seeds --- and sharing seeds. I received enough that I am able to plant a bed outside my office that has been completely bare for over 5 years. (It has bothered me every day!) I also shared some seed last night with a young friend.

I can't thank Becky and the other sponsors enough.

Amelia

o

Rhonda,

I signed up as a newbie but haven't gotten a response and see that this hasn't been very active.

Karen

o

*waves hand in the air... Anybody wanna sponsor me? :) :)
I joined mid March and am still 'learning' as I go...

Thanks a bunch,
Wendy

o

I will be updating the list tomorrow night......... I have to be up early .....I haven't heard from robin 1962 or khandjo yet....please email me with your wish lists.......Allison...Karen and Wendy please post a wants and wishes list for us....ALL....NEWBIES WHO HAVENT BEEN SPONSORED..............Please post a wishes and wants list here.................. so the sponsors know what you like........Thanks.....Donna

o

Donna, I did send you an email,I guess it got lost.I`ll try again.Just in case though,my favorite flowers are LILLIES,IRIS,hollyhocks,roses.I`m also looking for double petunias,herbs especially sage,lavender and catnip,veggies especially okra,cucumbers,yellow crookneck squash.I`ll be excited to get anything you send,I love surprises!! Robin

o

Hi All,

I am a newbie and I would very much appreciate if I could have a sponsor if the option still exists.

I live in Pittsburgh, Pa- Zone 6.

A little about me- I am 24 years old, soon to be a quarter of a century in 2 months. Boy time is flying by and I am getting old! My finacee and I bought a house 2 1/2 years ago and basically had lots of work on the inside of the house that needed to be complete before I could even think of anything outside.

We build beds last summer around our walkway leading to the house and have not done much else to it since. I have lots of space to fill up!

We were considering putting our house back on the market but with the economy the way it is now, decided against it. I did not have any clue to maintain the house would be such a huge task, not to mention the taxes and needing a new roof :( So needless to say, our extra cash is tight and I have so many plans for the garden that will be postponed yet another year. :( Although I am slowly finding homemade ideas and things to recycle from freecycle and craigslist, to add to garden decor and plants.

If a sponsor out there would love to take me under their wing, it would be so much appreciated. I am a picture lover, and will post pictures of my success or failures (hope not).

Please let me know if something, a present, an SASBE, or anything needs to be sent in exchange.

I do not know if we are allowed to do this or not, if not please someone feel free to remove.
But here is a picture of me and my most favorite woman in the world.
Photobucket

Thanks,
Christie

o

G'morning everyone!
Donna ~
Should I email a wants/wishes list to you directly or post here? I'm confused...lol

Thankyou!!!!!!
~Wendy
sassybutterfly_2008

o

It would be best to post it here, Wendy, that way if someone has something they'd like to send you, it's here :) I tend to check this thread every few days to see if there's something I have that another newbie would like :)

Kathy

o

Christie,
I can sponsor you for seeds. I have sent out a bunch of sasbes and people have been more than generous. I was sharing with coworkers but I'm not anymore! I'll email you and set ya up with as much as I can. Lisa

o

Hiya everyone!
I had the best time yesterday playin in the dirt and planning my garden ideas :) :) :)

I promise I'll get that list of wants up here.. I just haven't had the time!

My son who has been in and out of the hospital constantly the past 4 years (all during high school) and he has had to be on homebound/tutoring has decided to go to prom tonight. I had 3 days notice lol But we got him a tux and since he doesn't drive yet I guess I'll be driving him back n forth to it tonight down in Atlanta. (ATL traffic....eek!) And today I was w/ my mom up at the hospital to get her another CT scan. She's battling some nasty cancer right now. AND then my other son has a skateboard competition Saturday, and my daughter has her first soccer game on Saturday and there's an arts/crafts festival I wanna go to, and my mom needs us to come over and work in her yard a bit since she can't get out to do it.. then I also gotta go to my brother's house to plant a pink dogwood we bought them. (memorial for the baby they just lost in utero. :( .... ) sooooo my next few days are gonna be SERIOUSLY jampacked! But I'll jump on when I get a lil time and will get that list up for ya hopefully by Sun eve at the latest! :)

Hugs to all and HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! woohoooo
~Wendy/Sassy

o

I apologize! I did not realize an old e-mail address was on my account. That was under the name khandjo. I have tried editing the information but it won't save my changes. I have e-mailed the moderators of this Forum to see if they can fix this problem, but in the meanwhile, I have setup a new account.

Just to be clear -- I posted to this under the name khandjo. That account info is wrong, which is why I didn't receive any of the follow-up e-mails. Please use this account -- opusverde.

Again, sorry! and thanks!

o

Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 22:19

Hi Karengarden! I will sponsor you for seeds! I sent you an email.

Rhonda

o

Donna,I`m putting my envy and post.in the mail tomorrow.I`ve been at my mother`s since Monday.I`m having trouble sending out emails(yahoo)so I thought I`d post here.Thank you so much!! Robin

o

am i still a newbie? i joined in Dec.

o

These are the Newbies still looking for Sponsors:

shasta_2008 z5 Ohio
mooncr8zy in Tulsa
jscquarterhorses z7
nova62 z5
amyinmo z5 MO
allisonlwise z4 NE
omm9 z7 NJ
karengarden z5 NE
sassybutterfly_2008 Z7 GA
g3neenkp z5

opusverde aka khandjo, Sponsor = Wilmoth

Sponsor Away :)
--Tina

o
RE: UPDATE: added newbies

Also needing Sponsors:

lizardingo z4
zengeos z5 Maine

o

Gosh, all these newbies without sponsors. I still have flower seeds, some are perennials and it might be too late to plant them, but I am willing to take on another newbie or two. I will try to contact jscquarterhorses and sassybutterfly. If mooncr8zy had an e-mail address posted, I would try her, too. Mooncr8zy, if you are interested in flowers, you can e-mail me.

Becky
ramazz

o

Actually, Becky, I live in Oklahoma too, about three hours from mooncr8zy. I'm willing to sponsor her, mentioned above, but she has no email listed. If she'll email me I have several things to share :)

Kathy

o

Sounds good. I just looked at the list that kilngod posted of people that hadn't been sponsored. I have heard from sassybutterfly already.

Becky

o

I've been adopted!!! woohooo :)
Thanks Becky~Ramazz !!

~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

Tina/kilngod,

Just thought I'd stop in and mention that I have been sponsored recently by Theresa24 from the OBF group (via the OBF thread), so I can be taken off the list. Thank you for not forgetting about the "unadopted" newbies! :-)

Could anybody hazard a guess on how long it will be, or how much we should know, before us "newbies" become "oldies" and can sponsor someone else?

Is it sort of self-determined once we're comfortable with answering lots of questions, like how trades work and how to navigate the site? Or is there a minimum amount of time being a member on GW (6 months, a year)?

Not that I'm ready to sponsor anyone real soon, lol! Just curious if there was some sort of guideline, so I know what I'm shooting toward. ;-)

Thanks!
--Amy
(amyinmo)

o

No formal rule that I've ever seen. I figure that people know when they're "ready". When you feel comfortable enough, and have enough seeds to share (for this thread - minimum of 10 seed packs for the deal)...I'd say, go for it.

--Tina
(who will adopt some shortly - am in a busy patch right now)

PS - Ramazz, it's fine to include perennials. Even if they don't bloom this year, that's okay. Can't have all the fun in one season.

o

Thanks, Tina! I'll definitely keep that in mind! I'm planning to share with newbies at some point in the not-too-distant future. Several members here have been so generous to share with me, I feel like I should give something back! :-)
--Amy (amyinmo)

o

Just wanted to post that I have sent zengeos some seeds and some seed starting info. So he has been partially sponsored. :)

o

I'm from the Boston area and have just moved to a new home (With A YARD!). I'm falling in love with gardening but I am as green as they come. Please sponsor me!

o

Hiya everyone,

Becky / Ramazz was my sponsor and let me just say WOW!!!!! She sent me a package packed FULL of some fantastic seeds! It was like Christmas! lol I am so happy!!!!! It really made my day :)
Thankyou SO very much Becky !!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get some of them planted!

Hugs!
Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

I forgot to post here as well but posted in another thread where my sponsor here, we are both involved in the same round robin.

Anyways, ishareflowers sent me an awesome package filled with an extreme amount of seeds. I planted some immediately and will have lots to wintersow in a few months. ishareflowers sent me 70 packs of lots of different seeds, some that I have never even heard of!!

Thanks Lisa! I am going to go post a review, as soon as I find out where to do so.

Christie

o

Donna,did you get my envelope and postage?I mailed it on April 26 and haven`t heard from you.I hope all`s well. Robin

o

If anyone is interested in sponsoring me, I'd love to participate. All my information is on my page... I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

o
RE: sponsor a newbie

I am a newbie, and would really enjoy being a part of this...I have just recently found my new hobby in gardening. Theres just something about it that I love...

o

Hello all! Newbie here from NW Indiana, Zone 6. This is a great wealth of information! Thanks to all! I grow the typical veggies and love hot peppers. I also have 2 structures that I am planting vines up and around to attract humming birds, butterflies, and just for the colorful blooms. I live in town, so removal of a above ground swimming pool left me with a 30'x8' spot for a vegetable garden! I also built a "Bob", named such because there inst a word for it...lol..but its a wooden structure that is my answer to a pergola/deck/bbq area.(that was built largely from wood taken from the pools deck area) I also have a 50'x15' trellis. I have a few plants such as wisteria, clematis, and a trumpet vine growing up them now. Bob and my trellis look quite sparse yet however. I have a lean-to off the garage that was a "pool room", it is getting turned into a greenhouse come spring and research on doing so is what lead me here. Anyone that would like to share their experiences or suggestions (seeds, cuttings?) with me would be appreciated. I would of course reciprocate and keep it going if one wished, as this sounds like a awesome idea. Thanks!

o
Deep South newbie would love Edibles and Beneficials Seeds

Anything that is open pollinated. Perennials best. Dandelions. Walking onions... Amazing world that I am discovering I am starting to collect seeds and even did my first seed swap. Hopefully I will have soon enough seeds to sponsor another newbie. If you are local you are welcome to pick up baby loquat trees.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here