Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roflol

UPDATE: Angel's Fall Harvest Fresh Seed Swap #2

roflol
16 years ago

Figured I'll never get a RR or swap going myself any time soon, this'll have to be my one and only chance to post a fresh thread. :-) Here's hoping we have closure on this puppy soon, eh?

Comments (35)

• shimla
    16 years ago

I put the postcard out in the morning mail (missed the mailman on Saturday). I would think we should have some news by weeks end. I included both my email and phone number to make it easier for someone to reach me. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I hope it's good news, like she won a trip to the Bahama's and is sunning it up on the beach right now :)

• limequilla
    16 years ago

I sent a Christmas Card last week with a nice note asking for my seeds. It was addressed to the Pittmans

Lime

• limequilla
    16 years ago

If anybody can find a telephoine number for her I will be happy to call. I was unable to find one, although I am tempted to call the public library of Dansville to see if they can get it for me. They might even know her since they are on the same block of Main Street. (I looked them up because they would have local obituaries.)

Lime

• shimla
    16 years ago

I searched the obits before I mailed that postcard and didn't find anything, thank goodness. The card that I sent said I was trying to reach Chris or a family member. It was just a plain card so I don't think it would have gotten passed off as junk mail without someone reading it. I told them she had made a lot of internet friends here and we were all concerned about her. I haven't heard anything back yet. I was going to give it a few more days in case no one stopped by to pick up her mail yet.

I ran a search here to see if someone posted information about her on another forum but didn't come up with anything. She just hangs out on the trading boards. I didn't see her posting on any of the NY forums and she's too far from me to make a drive over. Maybe we should start swapping phone numbers with the hostesses for emergencies so everyone isn't left worrying. This kind of thing is the downside to the internet. I can't imagine what has happened to her. I hope she has someone that stepped in to help with her daughter (and from a posting she made, she had a grandson with her, too).

I'm on an old, clunky computer until my good one gets repaired from a crash, Lime so I can't search for a phone number. It takes forever on this one just to load a page.

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

lime, I sent you an email. The subject line should make it clear that the info is in regards to the swap since my email address is not obvious.

Meredith

• limequilla
    16 years ago

That's okay, I open all my email.-- Ya never know when I might miss an overseas business opportunity LOL!

I have adctually gotten 6 emails, all with the same information, thank you all, so I am gathering up my courage to dial the phone. Tomorrow. LOL!

To the rest of you, no I am not going to yell at her -- just offer her some ideas on how to get out of this mess with the least amount of money and effort.

Lime

• limequilla
    16 years ago

I called, but no answer and no machine. Drat! I'll try again tomorrow or Monday.

Lime

• roflol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Shimla, I checked for news as well, didn't find anything - which, to me, is encouraging.

Lime, lol on the overseas business opportunities. ;-) I also bow to your guts of steel. :-) Thank you for calling.

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

I check all my mail too...I don't know about you but I have it from a reliable source that there are many people out there in internet land that have a Secret Crush on me!!

Hope you all are having a lovely day! It is in the 70s here today...Merry Christmas y'all!

Meredith

• limequilla
    16 years ago

***************ATTENTION****************

Hi kids,

I got hold of Angel and she was shocked that we all didn't have our seeds. She sent them "a long time ago", and then I explained that about 10 of us didn't have them, so she said to call her back in 10 minutes, maybe she accidentally left them in the trunk of the car.

When I called back she said thanks for jogging her memory. Her father had a stroke and she had them in the trunk of the car and must have forgotten about them. ********She'll mail them out tomorrow -- not today, because of the ice storm there.*********

Yay!!!!!!

Lime

P.S. Lol! Meredith. "They" must know our ages for these spam emails...I get the ones for V*agra instead of "Secret Crushes". ROTFL!

• shimla
    16 years ago

Oh that is wonderful news, what a crack-up, sitting in the trunk all of this time! I am so glad that nothing was wrong with her! What a relief. Gosh, she must be so stressed about her dad.

Now I will be getting three packages from 3 different swaps I joined all in the same week or so. Oh my, what am I going to do with all the seeds? Just when I thought I had myself organized :( I'm going to have to join another one to send out the ones I can't use lol!

Thanks for calling, Lime! You girls are funny, I never get the secret love ones either, mine are for extensions lol!

• roflol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

shaaaaaazam! ... I am so glad she's okay, and thank you thousands of times over for your persistence lime; it really paid off. lol on the emails as well, I get tons of "cards" from people, but tons more promises to make me more of a man. Um.... no, but thanks anyway. ;-)

I'm going to be overflowing with the seedy things here soon too I guess. I will take them all I think. I'm starving for spring all of a sudden. All it took was a wimpy ice storm and some below freezing temps and I think I'm done with winter, thank you!

Chris, if you get back on here - glad you're okay. Hope your dad is continuing to get better.

Thanks again, lime.

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

Hip Hip Hooray! Thanks to Lime for making the call that set our little seeds free! Remember when I said I didn't have that much room in my beds for more plants...yikes...now what am I going to do with all of the winter sowing containers that will have to go outside?!?!?!

*smiling at the "burden" of so many seeds*
    Meredith

• candycow
    16 years ago

i sure hope mine are in that mix i guess i had long given up
    i am looking foward to getting them

• taterbug
    16 years ago

Oh, this is such good news. I'm happy Chris is safe and sound. It will be just like Christmas when our seeds arrive. Thank you to all the thoughtful Garden Web friends that reached out to us, taterbug

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Did anybody get their mail already today? Any envelopes from Chris?

Lime

• shadyside
    16 years ago

Nothing in Saturday's mail for me...:(

• shimla
    16 years ago

No phone call, no email, no package.

• shimla
    16 years ago

Geez, no one got anything all week? I might be missing the obvious here, but why do they even have to be brought to the post office if we all sent stamps? I mail bubblers from home all of the time.

I hate bring up bad news but we are in the midst of an icestorm today...

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

Nothing for me yet either. It is a race between this and the only other swap I am in. We'll see who wins!

Stay warm people...it has finally gotten cold here in NC.

Meredith

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Well, I guess Chris lied to me over the phone. It's been 10 days and no one has gotten any envelopes of seeds. Such a shame, and I have no idea why she lied to me, but I still think she got overwhelmed with them. I don't think they were ever packed and in her trunk. I don't even think they are sorted. So sorry to get your hopes up. I hope the people who are owed seeds will drop her a note.

I am very sad over this whole thing.

Lime

• shimla
    16 years ago

I've tried to reach her by phone several times but she won't pick up the phone. I sent her my phone number on the post card so she knows who is calling with her caller ID. I sent a very nice card, I didn't even mention anything about seeds; any decent person would have responded. I'm not going to waste any additional postage trying to send her notes through the mail. She hasn't responded to any of us that have tried to get in touch with her. She has just totally disregarded everything.

I've given her the benefit of doubt all along up until now. She admitted to having our packages back on the 10th but she still won't send them??? It's been almost two weeks now since she promised to mail them out. She's been on GW long enough to know better than that. I would have felt really bad if I had 'forgotten' about them and had a whole group waiting because of my dysfunction and mailed them that day. It doesn't take any effort to walk them to the mailbox. You can do that with a sick parent for goodness sake. She's got to have the packages somewhat sorted out because she gave away our stuff to other members. It's been over two months and she hasn't even been in once to post to us at all about what it going on.

Something similar to this happened a long time ago on GW with a group of people. The way it was resolved was to file a complaint for MAIL FRAUD. Once the PO got involved, the seeds went out. Ya know, even robin seeds have a value lol!! If I put a value even as low as $1.00 for each packet that I sent her that's $330 in seeds alone, and another $10 in postage both ways plus my supplies.

I'm going to give her a few more days in case she's lurking. Maybe this will motivate her to either send our packages or post a response as to what is happening.

Here is a link that might be useful: MAIL FRAUD COMPLAINT

• dem_pa
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas to me. I received my seeds today. Chris thanks for hosting this swap and thank you to all who shared their seeds.

Merry Christmas to all.

dem_pa

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

I got mine too! Wow...I was completely deflated after this week's happenings. There is still hope kids! And there really is a Santa Claus!

Thanks for coming through, Chris! And thanks to all of you for keeping me company while we waited!

Meredith

PS. I just peeked and you guys sent in some great stuff. Let's check in after Christmas and if anybody is still waiting, I can send some of the less heat tolerant stuff off to a friend up north!

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

YAY! I am so happy for you guys!Been keeping my fingers crossed for you for awhile now and I am so glad to see it is all going to be OK! Happy Holidays!:)

• limequilla
    16 years ago

How embarrassing - I just sent her a nasty postcard. Oooops! LOL!

Great news, you guys!

Lime

• shimla
    16 years ago

Thank goodness they have gotten out in the mail! Can anyone read the postmark on their package? We only live 4 hours away from each other. Is the post office that far behind with the holiday mail? I'm glad this didn't turn ugly.

I don't know if anyone noticed but we are on the Round Robin Forum but never have Round Robins anymore! For you newcomers, a "round robin" is a box that a hostess mails out full of seeds. It goes down a list of people that signed up. It's supposed to go back to the hostess at the end of the list (round robin the box back). Problems, problems, problems. People dog the box with totally junk seeds or they don't mail the box promptly. It's long and tedious wait for people. But the worst of it is (speaking first hand) people stealing the box completely. I don't want to see the swaps go away, we all enjoy them too much.

Lime, sorry you mailed that postcard a day early :) You know though, if you hadn't been so persistant we'd all still be sitting here with out thumbs up our butts. And all it takes is some lurker to read our swap went bad and come in and host a fake swap. It looks like she had the best intentions at the start but the total lack of communication and not following through to the end didn't happen. We were all checking the obits :(

Everyone, please sound off when your packages come so we can put this confusing swap to bed.

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

Mine's got a Dec 20 postmark out of Dansville. So they should roll in for everyone else over the next few non-holiday delivery days, I hope!

Merry Christmas all!

Meredith

• dem_pa
    16 years ago

Postmarked December 20, too.

dem_pa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

I received my package today - postmarked Dec. 20.

Thanks Chris for mailing out the packages to us - I really like the seeds you selected for me.

Lime - thanks very much for your efforts to contact Chris. My mom had a stroke in October and it was like I almost lost her then. I personally know how this devastating, life changing event affects an entire family.

Happy Holidays to all! - Lisa

• shimla
    16 years ago

We had mail service today (wow!) and the mailman brought my package to the front door. She didn't mail my package until Friday, 12/21 so she must have made a couple of trips to the PO. I hope this was the last batch of them to go out. That makes four of us that she came thru for, I hope to hear good news from everyone else Monday. I haven't had time to go through it with getting ready for parties so just want to thank everyone in advance for sharing!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas, Everybody!!!

I feel awful about the note I sent Chris...Got my seeds today! (Of course I don't have time to even peek at them, but they are here!!!)

Hopefully everybody else will get theirs today, I'll send Chris an apology note, and all will be well.

Lime

• roflol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm #6 to chime in - yay, my seeds arrived today - thank you all for sending such interesting seeds! :-) Thank you Chris for getting them here!

Shimla, I'm floored - mail service on Sunday?? Wow indeed...

Lime, be at peace; there is no point feeling bad. Under the given circumstances, frustration was inevitable. I thank you for your persistence on our behalf.

Blessings, peace, and joy to you all!

Terri (rofLoL)
    ;-)

• shadyside
    16 years ago

I got mine!!! Thanks to angel and all others for your efforts...whew!! Happy New Year to you all!!!

• taterbug
    16 years ago

Well, I finaly received my seeds. I think it will be a while until I will be in a swap again. There were 45 or so people invovled in this swap. I only received seeds from a few people (including myself), certainly not the majority of the swap participants. It was dissapointing to receive so many duplicates, so many MGs. All other trades and swaps have gone well, but this one just about did me in. If it had not been for the sweet garden friends that adopted me when we thought I was not going to get any seeds, I would be out of luck. taterbug