Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap Games and Recd Cards (#4)

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

Hello there Elves...we are on Thread #4...for thank yous and Games !!

PLEASE post thanks to people that mailed to you !!

Bingo starts today..enjoy !! Happy Mailboxing to you all !

Comments (150)

• spookycharles
    14 years ago

Lisa831, IÂm so glad the seeds made it safely and I hope they grow wonderfully for you. Yes, thatÂs one of my dogs on the card, Moby. HeÂs our youngest (and biggest) Newfoundland. HeÂs very excited about Christmas because he always gets lots of presents too  we have to hide the wrapped doggy toys until Christmas morning though because all our dogs now check under the tree for the smell of squeaky toys.

For cards today, I received a beautiful flower card from Don, with a fantastic assortment of amazing seeds including ones that IÂve been looking for and new exciting species to try.

The Agalinis purpurea and Bidens aristosa look like absolutely gorgeous plants and IÂve really been wanting to try the Pavonia hastate. IÂm obsessed with sunflowers and am really excited about growing the Helianthus augustifolia  it looks like an amazing species and is going to love our sunny field.

WeÂve been growing our herbs in whiskey barrels and mixed in with the cottage garden plants, but weÂve started putting in a herb specific garden and the Nepeta cataria will be absolutely perfect there.

IÂm going to get the American beautyberry and southern magnolia started tonight  my mother has been asking me to grow her some beautyberry and I have been looking everywhere for seeds for the southern magnolia. ItÂs one of my favorite of the magnolias.

The tomatoes and peppers are fabulous. The ÂMaraglobeÂ, Roma and ÂRutgers should do really well here as should the ÂCalifornia Wonder and ÂSweet Banana peppers, which my family will love. And IÂve really been wanting to try the ÂGarden Peach and you sent another currant tomato that I havenÂt been able to find  the ÂRed CurrantÂ. The currants are just such a fantastic species of tomato and I really look forward to growing all of these wonderful varieties next year.

And thank you for the Japanese painted fern spores! I have a portion of the greenhouse I just finished setting up for growing ferns from spores, but I was only able to collect spores from one species this year, but now I have two gorgeous species to grow.

Thank you so much for sending the outstanding seeds.

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    14 years ago

Another card today courtesy of hidperna! Honestly, I could do this forever. I'll bet I won't have enough seed senders for it to go on forever, but there's no harm in wishing!

Today hiperna sent me a Gaillardia 'Arizona Sun' and I can't wait. I didn't know much about gaillardias until ishareflowers was generous enough to give me 2 at our plant swap. One was 'Fanfare', and after reading about it I can't wait for it to bloom. Now I just love the gaillardias. I had decided to do a red/yellow bed, and before ishareflowers shared flowers with me (Ha!) I hadn't thought of gaillardia. What could be more perfect for a red/yellow bed!

Thanks, hiperna, for a great gaillardia to add to my bed!

Deanna

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Yea!!!! I'm up to four words in bingo and I'm not even sure how to play, anyway this is fun and makes my day just reading what everyone has to say. Received a very pretty snowflake card from Micyrey with Salvia Snow Nymph and one from nottougly with delphinium, three kinds of salvias and five types of grasses. Thanks to both of you!! How did you know today is my birthday? Expecting freezing rain tonight so my DH is not taking me out to dinner but making it himself. He's really a better cook than I am.

Blessings to all our service men and women. Also to those of you under the weather, hope you get to feeling better soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and also my gardenweb friends.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Thanks for the well wishes. Dh is out of the hospital and doing well. He's planning on being in the office at least part of the day tomorrow. BIG THANKS to a bunch of people for great cards & fun seeds!

BIG THANKS to Lisa831 for the Hilly Billy Tomatoes & Tobasco Peppers seeds

BIG THANKS to Kamil for the African Daisy, Black Hungarian Hot Pepper, Damini Hot Pepper & Swan River Daisy seeds

BIG THANKS to Hdiperna for the Large Pumpkin seeds

BIG THANKS to Debby for the Rudbeckia Seeds

BIG THANKS to Ruthz for theNicotiana Lime Green, Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy & Rudbeckia Irish Eyes seeds

BIG THANKS to Patti1957 for the Brandywine Pink Tomato, Tenderette beans, Mauri Purple Pepper, Tenesee Sweet Potato Squash and Black Krim Tomato seeds

BIG THANKS to Gramsgarden11 for the Cherokee Sunset Rudbeckia, Indian Summer Rudbeckia, Shasta Daisy, Green Jewel Echinaea and Harvest Moon Echinacea seeds

BIG THANKS to Iris for the Atlantic Giant Pumpkin, Rudbeckia and Nicotiana Perfume Mix seeds

Thanks to everyone for making this so much fun! I have 3 words in Bingo. I feel a surge of words coming my though!
    :)

• retsec
    14 years ago

I received a card from canyonwind yesterday. She sent me "brown berry" tomato seed. Can't wait to try them.
    Nancy
    retsec

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

OMGoodness,
    I received lots of cards today.
    From Alana,I received,One of the most Beautiful Morning Glories she grows,I can't wait to start WSing,she sent me,I hope i spell this right,Ipomoea nil Seium ,Thank you so much Alana,your description of it does sound Beautiful.
    From Ruth,I received Digitalis purpurea 'Excelsior'Light Blue Mt,Fugi ,Japanese Morning Glories,Ipomoea nil Large MiniBar Rose,and 'Sun Smile Red morning Glory,Love that name,:0)"Sun Smile Red" thank you,we have a lot of Geese,that fly over all the time, your card reminds me of where we live,such a nice welcoming sound they make.
    And from Elsie,I received Foxglove and Sweet Alyssum,thank you so much,And the cover of your card, looks just like the house on the corner where we live,all wooded,and the trees covered in snow,so peaceful,we are in the middle of a snow storm right now, they are calling for 6-8 inches.Good thing i have plenty of baking ingredients in the house, I think i know what i will be doing tomorrow.:0)
    Oh, I also received seeds from Doris L,Clematis Savannah,I do not have any Clematis growing in my garden, I tried to start it from seed last year,but it did not come up, i was soooooooo disappointed, now i can try again, thank you,
    She also sent me Bottle Gentian, i will have to look this one up,and last,Veronia Arkansas Ironweed,I know what this one is,and i have wanted to grow it,such fun surprises,i love them all.

On a sadder note,some one had opened the envelope with something sharp,both sides had been slit opened,the only ting holding it together was the licked tab,i am surprised it held up, and that the seed packs were still in there,has any one else had this happen?Such a shame eh.

Happy mail boxing to you all,Christmas is almost here,do you all have your shopping done?
    cAROL

• agnella
    14 years ago

Walked cautiously to the mailbox today because of the torrential downpour and found 2 cards! Lots of thanks to:
    - debby-1 for a very Christmasy santa card and chives (mmmm, makes me think of homemade potato soup with all the fixings)
    - booberry85 for a cute winter scene card with Kentucky wonder beans, tricolor amaranthus and cocozelle squash which looks really cool...
    and yes, booberry, I think this will be the best gardening year ever. Hope everyone with sick loved ones are doing better.
    Got 3 words on Bingo.

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    in the last 2 days I have gotten many cards my card string is almost full(guess I'll have to hang anew one)
    special thanks to....
    retsec - cosmos,sunflowers, and several flower mixes
    mopar360 - sunflowers
    naturegirl - pinapple sage, and salvia
    kellycomposter - sweet corn
    cryptid - tiney flashlight, cuit little penguen pouch with columbine, poppie, chives, beans and baggies in it
    carol57079 - larkspurs, dahlia, hibiscus, columbines
    ggwrn - echinacia, hibiscus(lemon slice**YAY**) rudbeckia, milkweed, basil
    gramsgarden - coriopsis, milkweed,echenacia,cardenal vine
    hdiperna - pumpkins
    wishdesign - basil, milkweed,dahlia
    patti1957 - bushal gourds, sunflowers
    poisondartfrog - yellow morning glories
    all I can say is WOW I feel so special, opening up my mail box to find so many cards with your garden tresures in them. thank you very much to all of you very generous people. we will hopefully be moving next year and I'm taking my garden with me, that is how much my garden and all my garden friends that have helped me grow it mean to me.
    thank you all
    michelle

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey everyone, It's Krystal! :] Here are tonights bingo words:
    candy cane
    garland
    holly
    peppermint
    tidings

Good luck everyone, Merry Christmas!

• chere
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I received 4 cards today. Which was great because it snowed here last night and I am afraid to go out. My husband went to his office and brought them to me.

P. S. Ann I also love where I live. To wake up and see the mountain out your backyard is fantastic. It is challenging to garden here between the deer and the gophers and other creatures you almost have to garden in a cage.

Thank you to Patti K, Ann H, Angela W and Angella (she sent me a wonderful home make card). Now I just have to figure out where to plant them all. My green house is full so I might try some winter sewing on the picnic table and benches in the garden area.

I think I might have stuffed my cards too much. I hope they all get to everyone alright.

Happy Gardening always
    Chere

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

I received a very nice card today, with Polish Linguisa tomato seeds, from debby_1. I've been wanting these and I'm so happy to receive them...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Toni

• isamae
    14 years ago

I received a very cute snowman card in the mail today with some ornamental pepper seeds! Thank you Kelly_composter. Can't wait to try them. Melissa

• jas_il
    14 years ago

I got two more cards today.

Kamil - sent me viola and a cute santa card. I really wanted viola and I am so glad. Thank you so much

farmgirl2009 - sent me a beautiful card with baby Jesus and lamb with sweet peas royal mix (commercial pack), carex comans bronz form and poppy double red. Wow I can't wait to grow them. Though the address on the envelop was wrong and a note was written on it, "nobody here by that name" but I am so glad that it finally made it. Thanks a lot

Jasmine

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

What?!?!?! No cards and No Bingo words...I guess I shouldn't complain, I have been blessed in both departments so far this week. Oh well "There's always tomorrow for dreams to come true, Believe in your dreams, come what may" (from Rudolph) HAHA one to many Christmas Specials and cups of Egg nog for me.

Heidi

• ten_steps_ahead
    14 years ago

I received two more cards in the mail today.
    Canyonwind aka Annie sent a beautiful angel card filled with two types of Gaillardia - Burgandy and Fanfare.
    Thank you!!

A big Thank You also goes out to Rbrady. She sent a cute penguin card filled with pink and white dianthus, mixed heuchera, Lobelia cardinalis, and a bag of mixed yellow and red Gaillardia.

I also received my Bluestone Perennial Catalog today. I've been dropping hints to my hubby saying "Wow, they have gift certificates!" and leaving it on the table next to his chair. How long to you think it will take him to catch on?

• daisyb
    14 years ago

Two more stuffed envelopes with nice surprises arrived today!

Thank you Carol57078 for the cute snowman card filled with Yvonne's Salvia, Purple Million Bells, Purple Astilbe, and Dahlia Victorian. I just know they will all be beautiful!

Also, from rbrady is another fat little snowman bringing Lobelia Cardinalis, Rudbeckia Triloba, Shade Fanfare Hosta, and Blackberry Lily. The Hosta and Lily can go in my shade garden I'm planning.

Thank you so much Carol and Rhonda for helping fill my Santa's wish list. I can't wait to start sowing!

• kellycomposter
    14 years ago

Thank you to Poisondartfrog for the monarda didyma! I got this in the mail today and it was definately worth it go to out in the cold the mailbox. It is much appreciated. Thanks, Kelly (Kellycomposter)

• crisann
    14 years ago

Today I got a card from appaloosa909 with some purple balloon flower seeds -- and a card from debby_1 with some single purple clematis seeds. Thank you both so much -- purple is my favorite color!

I got 2 more words in bingo tonight -- 7 total.
    Tonight we have snowing, blowing and wind chills -- icky!

Thanks again ~
    Crisann

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

Ho ho ho! the Elves have been very busy! We are still wrestling this annoying cold/flu in my house. But will be heading out to the PostOffice today!

I have recieved more cards. Many thanks for Coleus, marigolds, viola, tagets ternifolia, ForgetMeNot, MorningGlories and balloon flowers!

Thank you for the lovely cards and thoughtful wishes, they certainly brighten my day!

dirtundermynails
    Kamil
    lisa831
    Marcella

• yotetrapper
    14 years ago

I got two cards yesterday!! And 2 bingo words.

Ruthz sent me Stupice tomato and cherry brandy rudbeckia!!

And patty1957 sent me FOUR tomatoes, and a pepper: Brandywine pink, Delicious, Anna Russian and Amana Orange!! as well as Alma Paprika pepper.

Thanks so much guys! Today, we have a "blizzard". Snow accumulation wasn't too awful much but it's blowing and drifting like crazy. Dont think I'll get into work today. Gonna spend the day decorating for Christmas and getting the last of my santa cards ready to mail!

Angela

• wipe_yo_feets
    14 years ago

I couldn't get on the forum yesterday. I'm guessing it must have been due to the CRAZY weather that blew through here. I think many of you are experiencing some of that system today, so hang on tight.

Our fearless mail person was right on schedule though. Among the soon to become composted items was a warm, and cheerful card from RANE_GROW. Not only did it say that we are "winter friends" but it also included a generous amount of lamb's ears.

Thank you rane_grow. Merry Holidays!!!

• sji1981
    14 years ago

Yay, got two cards.

hdiperna - I received a lovely card with baby Jesus in manger with white liatris seeds. I loved the card very much. Thank you so much

poisondartfrog - I received a cute card and Nicotiana sylvastris, Nicotiana purple perfume and nicotiana glutinosa. Big thankyou, I am so delighted.

• dusty314
    14 years ago

Ho ho ho!I have recieved cards from ptp813 & rbrady. Thank you for all the seeds. Can't wait to plant them all!!
    Thank you very much.

• ourhappyhome
    14 years ago

Two more envelopes in the mail yesterday! That's 3 for me!
    Poisondartfrog, thanks for the white tomato and bonus flower. Can't wait to try them. Kim, (no gardenweb handle provided) this is the first time I've seen potato seed. Seed potatoes - yes, potato seed - no. Thanks loads!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

8 bingo words for me so far!!!

3 cards yesterday!!
    Thanks to :

hdiperna~ purple cleome!

nottougly~cherokee purple & red brandywine tomato!

kellycomposter~double red hollyhocks!

later...April

Wonder what today will bring?

• yotetrapper
    14 years ago

Wonder if our mailman will GET here today? LOL. Drifting horrible, wind insane, was just outside doing my chicken chores, near froze to death, LOL.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello there Elves !! I just updated the recieving list, if anyone asked for me to email the list, and I didnt..would u kindly send me an email today, and Ill pass it on tonight. I think today will be my last attempt..life is taking a fast paced hold on me ! Was up 24 hours as of 3 am this morning, slept 4 hours, and going again..lol

MUCH MUCH thanks to each and everyone of u for making this swap such a success !!

We had snow when I woke up, but now getting hit hard with rain, standing water ALL over, making it hard to get around on the roads ! Hope ur all safe and warm...

Be back in a bit with BINGO...and I need to post some thanks for cards !

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

Ho ho ho! Looks like it will be hoe hoe hoe this spring! I received lots of cards in the last few days! Lots of seeds and so many pretty cards certainly made the weekend brighter. We've had a virus circulating through the house - first my son, then me, then my daughter. Just when I thought I was over it, they announced a hard freeze on it's way and I had to hustle outside to cover and move plants. Then in came the cold front and with the atmospheric pressure change came a migraine that knocked me out for a day. So I am really thankful to all who sent the seeds, they brightened my day! Here goes:

Holly Jolly Christmas from debby-1 with some hardy hibiscus!

Spookycharles sent an adorable card with Santa's favorite canine helper on the front and three kinds of alyssum seeds - "Tiny Tim" (how appropriate for this time of year!), "oriental nights" and "rosie o'day".

Quilting fox sent a lovely Christmas ornament card with giant zinnia seeds that are mostly pink -- yea!

just1morehosta sent a card filled with wonderful wishes and wonderful seeds: sweet peas and zinnias!

msirie sent a cute Santa card with coleus seeds. Yea! The hard freeze we just had finally killed mine off.

Next is Lisa831 with more giant zinnias - including some giant Envy (lime green). Can't wait to see what they look like!

Maotsemom sent a card from "A Christmas Story" where the kid has his tongue stuck to the pole! LOL We love that movie!! And along with it are pink hardy hibiscus and echinacia - woo hoo!

hibiscusfan sent a beautiful golden card with a snow covered church scene and hardy hibiscus mix, purple clematis, amarantus "love lies" and dark purple & green coleus! wow!

ptp813 sent an angel card with pink dinner plate hibiscus and dwarf stock. :) Love the smell of stock and can't wait to see the hibiscus!

ruthz, sent a card with red blooming prickly pear cactus - mine blooms yellow - and two varieties of hyacinth bean - "ruby moon" and white. I haven't seen white, just the pink ones, so this is a treat! And she also sent Dames Rocket. Yea! I remember seeing these grow along side the road when I was visiting family in Nebraska, so I can't wait to see them in my garden!

naturegir236 sent a lovely card with a white dove and red swamp hibiscus seeds. Also there were Rose of Sharon seeds - white with red center. Cool! Mine are purple with a darker purple center, and lavender. Thanks!

daisyb sent a beautifully glittered church in the snow scene (these cards are as close as we'll get to snow down here! :( ... we had a chance last week, but it all went to...Houston! booooo!) The seeds inside the card were yellow hibiscus and tall mixed zinnias.

You all have been so generous! Many thanks and warm wishes to all of you!

~Kathy

• quiltingfox
    14 years ago

Wow feels like Christmas here - got 4 more cards with seeds today: :-D

GraannieB - Christmas Angel Card - red pepper, ornamental pepper mix, Mexican sunflower, and giant celosia burgundy and perilla herb

Naturegirl236 - Christmas Snowman Card - Siberian iris and Flamingo feather Celosia hot pink

Crisann - Christmas Polar Bear Card - zinnia California Giants, zinnia "Salmon Queen", zinnia giant mix and Ice Plant

Nottougly - Red and Silver Snowflake Christmas Card - Celosia Sparkler mix, Iris yellow flag, Celosia Chief Bicolor, Sweet Pea Royal mix

Thank you all so much! Can't wait to plant these seeds! Taping all my Christmas cards above my computer/craft desk. Hope everyone is having a great day and staying warm and safe. :-)

Best to you, many thanks, and Merry Christmas!,
    quiltingfox

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

I opened three more cards last night.........so much fun!

sji1981...sent me snapdragons and buttercrunch lettuce...and a special Christmas tree card

debby_1...sent me sweet william...and a santa card

rbrady...sent gaillardia red and yellow mix, mammoth sunflowers, dianthus pink and white mix...and a snowman card

Thank you very much for the lovely cards and seeds. Merry Christmas..............And to all of you in the very cold...snowy weather...be safe!

Annie

• pseudacris_crucifer
    14 years ago

Three cards today with a blizzard winding up outside. Snow is supposed to start in earnest in a few hours. We are supposed to be in the middle of a doozy of a lake effect band with high winds. School canceled and kids bouncing off the walls.

Thank you to gma2-6boys for the walking onions. I got some last week in the mail, but they seem to have wandered off. Will keep a closer eye on this batch. :)

Thank you DorisL for the Clematis Savannah, Arkansas Ironweed, and bottle gentian. I looked up the clematis and it looks like it is a "nonclimbing" variety. What will they think of next?

And thanks to booberry for the hubbard squash, acorn squash, and red acre cabbage.

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I finally got a card! It's a lovely handmade card from Jean (wishdesign) and had West Indian Gherkin cucumbers, and Blacktail Mountain watermelon seeds. Thank you so much Jean! I can't wait to grow them.

Bonnie

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

Got a cute santa card from debby_1 today with daylily seeds.yay...one of my favs.Thank you so much.

Just a note,for some crazy reason my post office always charges me more when I send out bubble envies than other post offices charge.I dont know why,but anyway when I mailed my xmas cards he only charged me 1 stamp.If anyone is charged extra postage for the cards I sent,please email me and i will return postage to you.Thanks

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

2 more cards received this pm. Thanks to:

robin1962-2008 for White Datura & Lilac Datura!!

appaloosa909 for Star of Yelta MG, white Datura,lavender datura,& Lilac LeFleur datura!!!

later...April

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Yeeeah...glad my cards are starting to be received, seeing you got first one Sandra-Quilting Fox, is a nice feeling.
    Haven't gotten any cards today from SSSwap but got more stamps in mail from my older dd, she feeds my addiction, lol
    My other dd sent me card with beautiful pic of my 10 year old grandson in front of a Christmas tree...and added bonus---we'll see you soon.
    Hope everyone feels well and gets well soon, stays warm,
    enjoys themselves.

No fun driving thru blizzard, if you really must, be very careful.

Had as many Bingo words as cards, slim pickings , smile..Tomorrow, tomorrow, the sunshine will come up tomorrow...even if behind the grey clouds.

Have the best Christmas season,

Bea

• m0par360
    14 years ago

Merry Christmas!!!

A big thank you goes out to:

Hotwheel Tim: for the wonderful card and Monarda seeds. This is a new one for us. We are anxious to see what they look and smell like!

Lisa831: for the Amish Pie Pumpkin seeds. Joshua is excited about baking a whole bunch of pies next year!

Canyonwind: for the special message and card and the Spinach and Dahlia seeds! We are very excited to see what color that Dahlia's will be.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to share this experience with all of you. We wish you all a blessed Christmas and prolific New Year!!!!

m0par360
    Paula & Joshua :0)

• aphroditelaughs
    14 years ago

Three cards came in the mail today. I am really starting to feel the holiday spirit!

Thanks to Auntnawnee for Mini yellow bell peppers and mesclun salad greens; Thanks to Yotetrapper for California Wonder bell peppers; and thanks to Doris1 for Echinops ritro and milkweed.

I almost have my envelopes ready to ship. I am sending to more people than I did last year. Yay!

• sandy2_gw
    14 years ago

UNBELIEVABLE! I received a wonderful (handmade?) card from Wishdesign! Is the flower from your garden? I love the card and how great to receive the lovely seeds that I can't wait to grow (corkscrew vine). What a treat!

Thank you and Merry Christmas too, Wishdesign!

Sandy2

• neohippie
    14 years ago

I got three more beautiful cards today!

Thank you canyonwind for the broccoli raabe, Kim for the kale, and wishdesign for the basil and pumpkin! Y'all are awesome!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bingo words for Wed are.......

milk&cookies
    noel
    presents
    star
    sugarplum

• lisa831
    14 years ago

Recieve a pretty card from Kellycomposter with ornmentral pepper seeds,Thanks You
    Everyone be safe with this wild storms blow in around.

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

I mailed a few more cards today, and the rest will go out tomorrow, so keep checking your mailboxes!

Sandy2, I was wondering the same thing, if the flower was out of her garden. Very creative!

Bonnie

• ten_steps_ahead
    14 years ago

Didn't receive any cards today but I did get four words on Bingo that takes me up to eight. Sending out more cards tomorrow. Gotta get to the post office for more stamps over the weekend. Happy mailboxing!!

Barbara

• thinking_stomach
    14 years ago

Three more cards. Many, many thanks to PerkyBarb, The Galek Family, and rane_grow. Woohoo! I wish you each the best holiday season ever.

• margarita10
    14 years ago

Good Morning All,

Received two more cards:

debby-1 Neo Green Hosta - I am creating a shade garden and this will be a great addition.

mojo1967-AJI DULCE DE PUERTO RICO this was a longshot request at most. I am so happy these peppers are an integral part of Puerto Rican cuisine and impossible to find in Georgia.

Thank you ladies very much

Margarita10

• debby_1
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

This has been just about the best swap. The cards are just so nice and fitting from each person. The seeds are an added bonus.

I've received 2 more cards;

One from Plant-one-on-me with yellow pear cherry tomatoes, my husband really likes yellow tomatoes and brandywine tomatoes and a very nice card.

One from Bashfull Gardener with a beautiful homemade card with a very lively and appropriate verse inside, I just had to laugh. It contained, Glaskin Perpetual Rubarb, Chinese Giant Pepper, Staight Eight Cucumber, Marglobe tomato, and Bloody Butcher tomato, this one sounds similar to Stupice which is my favorite tomato so can't wait to try.
    Thanks alot everyone
    Debby

• wishdesign
    14 years ago

Two cute Santa cards arrived in my mailbox yesterday from rane-grow (zinnias and morning glories) and debby_1 (zinnias)! Thank you both so much! I can't wait to grow all these out, especially the zinnias which are becoming one of my favorite plants because they're so easy, reliable, and pretty.

Sandy2 and highalttransplant: I'm glad you like the cards! My mom actually makes them and the pressed flowers are either from her garden or mine. :)

--Jean

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Great envelopes in today's mail!

Thank you Faye ( Notougly ) for a nice card and seeds of: Anise Hyssop, Cosmos "Bright LIghts", Hardy Hibiscus "Grenache" pink, Salvia Regaliana...love 'em all.

You hit the spot Heidi!!! Beautiful blessings with 2 healthy, simple and yummy sounding recipes, many thanks.

Heidi's recipes:

SUGAR FREE APPLE DESSERT

3 c peeled and sliced apples
    1 ( 8-oz) can frozen Apple juice
    1 tsp cinnamon
    4-6 sugar-free graham crackers, crushed
    1 T cornstarch
    1 T butter

Mix apples with cornstarch and cinnamon. Put in a glass baking dish. Pour apple juice over. Dot with butter.
    Put cracker crumbs on top.
    Bake at 350 deg for 1 hour or until apples are tender.

STRAWBERRY DESSERT

3 oz Strawberry Jell-o ( sugar-free)
    3 oz instant vanilla pudding ( sugar-free)
    4 c sliced strawberries
    large graham cracker crust

Add jello @ pudding to 2 cups of boiling water. Mix well.
    Add strawberries. Put in graham cracker crust. Chill.

Actually fun coping recipes, haven't done it in a while, almost always make my own.

Here is one that was printed in today's Times Picayune- New Orleans, simple recipe for NO SALT SEASONING.
    Glad Judy Walker printed it and added ---Great for gifting!

Hope you all enjoy these or at least one, keep warm and be well.

Wishing you merry and blessed Christmas season,
    Bea

Here is a link that might be useful: NO SALT SEASONING

• ggwrn
    14 years ago

I received a card yesterday from debby_1. She send pink and purple gomphrena seeds. Thank you Debby!

Ginger

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I have received an embarrassment of riches over the last couple of days.
    From patti1957 White Habanero peppers! Yipee! along with Pear gourd
    From ruthz Blue Silk JMG...very exciting!! and birdhouse gourd
    From bashfulgardener, ornamental peppers and crown of thorns gourd!!
    From Aunt nauwnee, Ornamental and edible pepper Super Chilli!!
    From naturegirl236, ornamental peppers!!
    From kamiljablo Chinese 5 color peppers!
    From wishdesign, tricolor variegata and Fish peppers!!
    These are all wonderful. My pepper garden next season should be spectacular. I can't wait to grow them, as well as the gourds!
    Thank you all so much,
    Alana