Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: secret santa seed swap thank you's and games

Posted by flwrs4ever 7 R.I. (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 6, 10 at 14:57

Just To Say Thank You

The things that you do mean a great deal to me.
They bring me joy in the midst of a dreadful day.
Although I know I do not deserve an angel like you.
It delights me that you care for me in such a way.

Like when you do something to let me know I am special,
The things that you do make our love even more real.
But the best thing is I know that you are there for me.
You always say something to change the way that I feel;

You have lovingly showered your kindness upon me.
You are there to bring needed brightness to my dreary day
You have become an important and inspiring part of my life.
Thank you are the words I am really trying my best to say.

(Poet - Reginald Levi Walker)

What Do We Love About Christmas?

What do we love about Christmas;
Does our delight reside in things?
Or are the feelings in our hearts
The real gift that Christmas brings.

It's seeing those we love,
And sending Christmas cards, too,
Appreciating people who bring us joy
Special people just like you.

By Joanna Fuchs

My Christmas Wish For You

My Christmas wish for you, my friend
Is not a simple one
For I wish you hope and joy and peace
Days filled with warmth and sun

I wish you love and friendship too
Throughout the coming year
Lots of laughter and happiness
To fill your world with cheer

May you count your blessings, one by one
And when totaled by the lot
May you find all you've been given
To be more than what you sought

May your journeys be short, your burdens light
May your spirit never grow old
May all your clouds have silver linings
And your rainbows pots of gold

I wish this all and so much more
May all your dreams come true
May you have a Merry Christmas friend
And happy New Year, too ..

***These three poems are for each of you ! Thanks for taking the time to make a difference in 100+ lives this Christmas Season !!

**Please post here your THANK YOUS, and GAMES will continue here ..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: secret santa seed swap thank you's and games

WOW There has been so much activity since the last time I checked.

Kym, I also make my dog homemade food. I started doing this, because our dog had severe anxiety when we got her & couldn't keep anything down & didn't have the strength to even chew any dry dogfood, so she was on a special canned food that we could only get from the vet (at a very steep price!) When I asked the vet where I could get some more, she said it was perscription only, but basically when we looked at the ingredient list, it was rice, carrots, & chicken. So I figured -- I have all of that in the house anyway and I'm already paying for it!

I just boil one piece of meat (like a boneless chicken breast or slab of beef liver) together with a grain (like rice or barley), a chopped up root (sweet potato or carrot), and whatever greens there might be (kale, spinach, cabbage, even lettuce). I take the meat out after it's cooked a little, rinse it under cold water to cool it down & chop it into bite size pieces & mix it back in. As she got better, I started mixing dry food along with it, just so that she would be used to eating dry food in case of an emergency.

My dog was under 10lbs when she was rescued as a breeder dog from a puppy mill. She is now a whopping 15lbs & still growing and that was only in 9 months. Animals are incredibly resilient, and our Olive has taught us a lot about learning to recover & move on & not hold grudges.

Good things to keep in mind as we hang out with our friends & family during the holidays.
I replied back to your request for more help from elves.

BTW, I got my first card over the weekend!! Thank you!!
Grace

o

I've enjoyed reading about all the cards received, and today it was my turn. I received not just one, but three cards!

gardendad2k10 - Tomato 'Delicious', Tomato 'Roma', and Marigold 'Scarlet Starlet'. (Haven't tried either of those tomatoes before, yum!)

smitties - Antirrhinum 'Cherry Sprite', Nicotiana 'Chocolate', and Gaillardia 'Oranges & Lemons' (Very nice selection!)

rane grow - Pepper 'Serrano' (Yippee! I'm looking forward to more heat in my homemade salsa next year.)

Thank you to each of you for making my holiday brighter!

My cards will be going out soon. I'm trying to wait until my designated mail date, but they might go out a little early.

Bonnie

o

SEEDS! 1ST card of 4 cards came today!

Rane-Grow sent kale and Black Sea Man tomatoe, one I really wanted to try, since Black Krim did so well for us last year.

roper2008 sent lettuces, basil, and Biker Billy Jalapeno. I will look forward to see how billy does here.

Micyrey sent flowering kale with a beautiful fabric card! I hope the kale is as pretty!

Lisa831 sent supersonic tomatoe seeds! I was looking for this one!

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS dd

o

Seeds, seeds wonderful seeds. Thanks so many. It's like opening Christmas gifts each day. Thank you so much to:Redthreaddity (katie) you put so much time and work into not only your garden but collecting and sharing your seeds. Even the seed packets are beautiful. Huskers Red Foxglove, Ladybells,Indian shot canna lily,stella de oro daylily and marigold french dwarf double mixed colors, Jodie74: african daisy, maltese cross and blue bedder salvia, thank you so much. I don't know alot about the salvia but each thing will have a happy home in my new garden. Ilovefarac: the daylily mix will add surprises as they grow and bloom. And from one I'm not sure of maybe odin,thur had a pic of 2 beautiful cats. Your seed envelope is so cute. I can't find a name of the type but thank you and will plant it and have a great surprise. To fearadyn: thank you for the mutant marigolds, calendula and the gaillardia red and red/yellow.
So many thanks to each of you for sharing your gardens with me. I know each one will be planted with love and thought of those sending them out. Vicci

o

This swap has made going to the mailbox so much fun.

Today I received three wonderful cards full of goodies.

Pumkingal sent cosmos seeds, fancy poppies, Joy Pye Weed (very excited to try this in the "butterfly patch") and nicotiana.

Erika_ct sent flat-leaf parley --a welcome addition to my herb garden.

redthreaddiy sent packets of pink aster, french double dwarf marigolds and blue bachelor buttons. What gorgeous packets! Good luck with your "Garden Hoard" website -- I can't wait to check it out.

Thank you every one for brightening up a really windy, chilly day!

Aggie

o

Thank you farmgirl for your card & seeds! Bright spot in my blustery, cold, "SNOHIO" day! Thanks for the Nora Barlow columbine (MY FAVE FLOWER is columbine & this one REALLY look beautiful! Thanks also for the cucumber, okra,spinach & larkspur!!

Merry Christmas Farmgirl!
Jodie

o

I received 4 very nice cards today packed with surprises from:

Redthreaddiy - blue hosta, ladybells, foxglove beardtongue with a very nice note Thank you Katie! I will visit your gardening website.

Margarita10 - Rudbekia, Morning Glory Noah, Morning Glory Mix Thank you! I love flowering vines!

Sherrih - The card you sent is adorable. We are huge dog lovers. Nothing beats a cute little puppy in a Santa hat!
I looked up hairy cluster vine and I am excited to grow this one and the pink pampas grass, too. Thank you.

Pumpkingal - You were so kind to send me a variety of different seeds to try out. Hosta mix, African Daisy, Gloriosa Daisy, Black Eyed Susan, Coscopsis? I think I spelled the last one wrong. I am still learning names.. Thank you so much, Lisa!

o

I received a card today from redthreaddiy with marigolds, bachelor buttons, and moonflower seeds. Love the seed packages and the garden hints on the back!

Thank you so much -- I can't wait til spring!

Crisann

o

I think those cats are removing seed labels behind my back... ohiovalley, my notes say you are supposed to get white foxglove. Anyone interested in adopting a couple of spoiled cats? On second thought, nevermind. DH would never let them go.

lois in pa

o
bingo

COMET
LIGHTS
SLEIGH

o

Yay! i got two cards today, which made the half mile walk to the mailbox in 22 degrees and snow TOTALLY worth it! i shareflowers sent me some hibiscus and doris1 sent me some clitoria (doris, were you the one i was supposed to split a pack of clitoria seeds with? i lost both the seeds and the email so i can't remember who to apologize to! if tht was you, let me know so i can write it down in the gardening version of the book of all things and get them out if i ever find the pack in the abyss LOL )

thank you both so much! really made my day

o
12 days of Christmas

1.In Frosty the Snowman, who brought Frosty back to life?

2. Who lost $8,000 in It's a Wonderful Life?

3.In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, what biological shortcoming made the Grinch so mean?

4. Who tells you she's in town by tap, tap, tappin' at your windowpane?

5. In A Charlie Brown Christmas, what winter recreation is the cast of characters doing in the opening scene?

6. In A Charlie Brown Christmas, how many cents does Lucy charge for her psychiatric services?

7. In the song "Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer" what did Grandma go to get?

8. In It's A Wonderful Life, what did George dream of becoming?

9. What parade was first held January 1, 1886?

10. What two words are normally pre-printed on gift
tags?

AGAIN, PLEASE do NOT post your answers...save all 12 Days !!

o

Just got home. I'm sooo glad to see cards on my table. Thank you so much Linda(roper2008) and Michelle(micyrey)!!! :)

I love the cards as well! :D

Thanks again.

Neil

o

WOW! On Saturday I received my first every Secret Santa Christmas Card and some seeds. I am so excited.
Rosemetier sent a nice card and 5 different kinds of seeds. How did she know I have been collecting recipes for pickled Rat Tail Radish seed pods? I am anxious to try these. She also sent Mizuna Asian Greens; trailing, mounding violets ( love trailing flowers); a mix of bi-color yellow and speckled violets; a mix of shades of purple violets. They will all be planted and enjoyed. Thank you, Rose.

Today I received 4 more cards. What a great way to start the week.

dan_the_mailman sent a really cute card and Rocket Larkspur mix. Thanks, Dan. I have the perfect place to plant them. I need to do some research and find other plants to put in the flower bed that will compliment them.

rane_grow sent a lovely card and Radicchio seeds. These have been on the top of my want list for a while. I have to check the growing conditions. Since I am in zone 9 I may be able to plant some now. Thanks, Iris.

sky2010 sent a beautiful card with a dove and a star. She also included some morning glory seeds. I am going to cover a very long fence with morning glories. Thanks, Barbara.

hibuscusfan sent Scabiosa Black Knight. This one is to die for! Thanks, Suzanne. I love the very dark colors in flowers. Of course I also like the lighter colors. (Actually, I love them all.) The picture on the card is a beautiful little church nestled in the snow.

This is some much fun. Ya’ll know I am much too old to be dancing down the driveway and acting like a giddy teenager but I can’t help it. The seeds are so special and I appreciate the effort each of you made to send me the cards and seeds. Thanks again.

Happy Holidays

Margaret

o

I received 2 Very Pretty cards today from

Margarita10 with Sweet Williams seeds,Thank you

Dorisl with Red Salvia Coccinea thank you

o

Guess what? :D

My wife accidentally mixed the mails today. She found another one. Thank you so much Heidi(xiangirl) for the seeds. :)

3 for today. WOOHOO!!! :D

Neil

o

Wow I hit the jackpot today with 3 cards.
Margo (Smitties) sent white sweet violet, purple cornflower,feverfew, primrose yellow and dianthus.
Ann (kmpsmom) sent echinacea and dianthus.
Chris (pseudacris_crucifer) sent 2 different pkt's of solidago. People have told me that these self seed, but I had solidago planted for years and never got any seedlings.
A big THANK YOU to all of you.

I just love this swap this time of year because it is like Christmas all month long.

Ellie

o

Hi Everyone!
I am so happy to say that I received THREE cards today!! My daughter, Yotetrapper, was more than generous! She sent me: Morning glories, light blue, and pink, Sweet peas..sweet scarlet, dollly varden, and apricot sprite, Chocolate habernero peppers, golden chain tree, Persian Carpet Mix Zinnias, Sweet Cream Marigolds, Bill Wallis Geraniums, Orchid Blue Geraniums, and for tomatoes, Aunt Lou's Underground Railroad, Omar's Lebanese, Giant Red, Norhtern Lights, Crinowk Yugoslavian, and Black Krim! As you have read from her post, she will be flying into NY tomorrow morning, due to her father needing open-heart surgery on Wednesday. Please keep her in your prayers, as we have been having major snowstorms here. Please also keep her father in your prayers..he is my ex-husband, I am re-married, however, I still care about him as Angela's (yotetrappers) father. I would also like to thank Rane-Grow, Iris, for the Brandywine tomatoes!! They are our favorites! Thank you to Pumkingal, Lisa, for the wonderful seeds..tall yellow marigolds, tiger-eye marigolds, light blue morning glories, and green bell peppers!! You all have made my Christmas season brighter by the caring and love you all show, despite the problems we are having here. Thank you!!

o

It's such a joy to read everyone's messages as they receive! I can tell everyone is being so blessed by this giving swap! That includes me. I've been very sick from a gallbladder infection for the last 3 weeks. It has really perked me up when my husband brought my little Christmas gifts into me with the mail!

Here's what's come to me with such great timing. Thank you all!

Sandlapper_rose sent Jerusalem Artichoke, Western Sugar Beets, and Strawberry Spinach. Two of those were on my want list for a while! Thank you SO much! I can't wait to grow all 3! Thanks also for the Christmas stickers. The kids are already having fun with them. :-)

Redthreaddiy sent a beautiful card with a touching Bible verse on it. Awesome! Thanks! Also, thank you for the Foxglove 'Husker's Red', Ladybells, Watermelon 'Sugar Baby', and Garlic Chives. I just love the seeds and the packets you made for "The Garden Hoard"! Very nice! Do you make those individually by hand? Wow! I'm excited about adding these to my spring garden.

Rane_grow sent some yummy Delicata Squash! Woot! Woot! Thank you, girl. You're so wonderful thinking of others right now. I'm continually keeping you in my heart and prayers! The cool sticker on the front that changes when you move the envelope is keeping the kids preoccupied. So cute! I peeled it off for the kids to keep and enjoy. The glitter pen ink on the address didn't get by me, either! I just love the sparkle!

Pumkingal sent Lemongrass! Yea! I wanted those so badly! Thanks! I can't WAIT to plant them. I might have to start them early indoors. ;-)

Dan the man, oh, I mean Dan_the_mailman (hee hee) sent Passiflora (yea!) and White Bunching Onions. You have no idea how many onions our family goes through, so these will definitely go to good use here. Thanks so much! We love the, sparkly card and the cute sticker on the back of the envelope. Brrrrr... all that snow is making me chilly...

Roper2008 sent Phoona Kheera Cucumber (woohoooo!), Eva Purple Ball Tomato (yea!), and Kleckley's Sweet Watermelon (yea!). I LOVE heirloom varieties. I was so excited to see all the great selections you sent! Wow! Thank you so much!

Last, but not least...

Carolynp sent me several wonderful gifts. You are SO generous, girlfriend! Some of these, I really thought I'd never get from my "wish list". Wow! That's all I can say. Wow!

The generosity from this group is so amazing. Thank you all. I can't wait until my mail date. I hope to bring just a little bit of this joy to some of you! Merry Christmas you all!

Blessings,
Angela

o

hello
I have receved 3 great cards.

Dan_the_mail_man sent me columbines (yay my fav)
Redthreaddiy sent wt coneflowers my butterflies also thank you

Xiangirl sent coneflowers, gailardia,dusty miller, and zinnias. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you

I have to get my christmas card ribbon up, I have to decied where to put it in the new house. I string a long ribbon from one side of the room to the other and set all my christmas cards on the ribbon.

I also made myself a garden fairy stocking to hold all the seeds I get.

Hugs
Michelle

o

I waiting excitedly for my first card and reading everyone's posts with bated breath...please Santa Postman bring me a card today!

o

This is great! It is fun to see everyone happy over little surprises and all in the spirit of giving. I went back to work a few days ago and it has been really hard so finding seeds in my mailbox at the end of a day really does put a smile on my face.

Raedthreaddiy sent me garlic chives, mamouth sunflower,and cineraria. LOL never heard of that one but it sure does look pretty and I can't wait to try it . Thank you.

Roper2008 sent me a beautiful holiday card with lemon and lime basil and chives. My herb garden and I thank you.

Rane_grow sent me peredovik sunflower. Another one to research which is half the fun. Thank you so much.

I'm so happy with the generousity of everyone here the record lows we are experiencing aren't even bothering me right now and thats big when your a tropical and orchid collector.

o

This is so much fun! Yesterday, I received hosta and hardy geranium from Nancy (nlb52). I also received gazania and CA poppy from Aggiebee! (Aggie, was that card homemade? Adorable!)

I'm one of the guilty ones who sent their cards out without knowing there was a specified date. So hopefully some of you should be seeing some of my yellow envelopes soon!

Merry Christmas!
And thanks again to Nancy and Aggie.

Erika

o

What a wonderful thing this swap is!

Yesterday I received:

from Melinda (ilovefarac) a cute Christmas card with rustic colored rudbeckia, a poppy mix, hardy hibiscus, and sunset rudbeckia. Thank you so much for the seeds Melinda. I will really be able to use these seeds. I love trying new things in my garden. Merry Christmas.

from Angela (Yoletrapper) I received a snowy card and a veritable squash and melon festival. White acorn squash, casaba, Israeli muskmellon, table acorn squash, lady Godiva squash, tendersweet, sweet siberian watermelon, canoe creek, and orangeglo watermelon. Thanks you Angela for your generosity. Last year was the first year I ever tried growing melon or squash and I was really looking forward to trying again. Your seeds will make things a lot more interesting and fun for me. I pray that you and your family have a Merry Christmas and your father's surgery goes well.

o

On Saturday, I received 2 more cards.. Sherrih sent me marigolds and a really cute card! Thank you Sherri! Farmergirl2009 sent 4 types of poppies AND 3 types of marigolds. I am feeling so spoiled! Thank you Ellie!!

o
RE: UPDATE: secret santa seed swap thank you's and gamesl

keiki- I am with you on the cold here in Florida. It really does make you feel a little better to know that if your plants die you have all these seeds to plant when it gets warm again.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 7, 10 at 10:03

My mail came much later yesterday than normal, but getting
4 beautiful cards made it worth checking the mailbox 5 times.

redthreaddiy/Katie sent
Alyssum
blue boy bachelor button
garlic chives - good on almost everything
Roma tomatoes - I ate lots of these this year (bought ones)
great planting instructions and I love the packages

nlb52/ Nancy sent
JMG mix - can't have too many morning glories
Chaste Tree - I've been wanting this, it grows great in TX
wisteria - I planted this when we lived in Nashville, but didn't know you can grow from seeds

rane_grow/Iris sent
her favorite heirloom tomato - Mortgage Lifter YUM
I love the dancing penguin sticker

yotetrapper/Angela sent
tomatoes;
Northern Lights
Butter & Bull's Heart
Red Barn Zolo
I love tomatoes and these are all new to me,
I'll have to goggle them
Hope your dad's surgery goes well

Thanks to all of you for your generosity
CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS TO ALL

o

Went to the mailbox to send a DVD back to Netflix, and found 4 more cards!! We must have forgotten to get the mail yesterday.. what a great surprise!

From pumpkingal: marigolds, bee balm! & fancy poppies! Yay! Can't wait to grow these! Thanks Lisa!

From roper2008: marigold "Harlequin" (What a cool bicolor! Never heard of these before), Holy Basil, basil "dwarf Greek" & basil "Serata" YUM! Can't wait to eat these with my heirloom tomatoes.. thanks so much Linda! (And adorable hand stamped seed packets to boot!)

From yotetrapper: blue Nigella, mixed blues Nigella, small mixed color Marigolds, Black Dragon Coleus, and Bunny tail grass! Thank you so much Angela -- you and your father are in my thoughts (and I think everyone else's as well).

From redthreaddiy: Marigold "Jaguar", garlic chives!, French dwarf double marigolds, and Blue Boy Bachelor Buttons! (These are gorgeous seed packets.. looking forward to your website.) Thank you Katie!

o

Got my first two cards today! :) Thank You Rane-Grow for the Jalapeño seeds and Jodie74 for the cosmos and snap dragon seeds I know they will be well liked here.

Kevin

o

I got another card today from erika_ct!! She sent me some awesome 'Lemon Blush' Hollyhocks in a great snowflake card designed by her! I looked these up and they look GORGEOUS! Can't wait to plant them! Thanks so much!!!

For Bingo - I have 12 out of 25 words. Not too bad but I'm hoping I get more soon! :D

angelady - yes, I did create those packets by hand! It's a lot of work but I think that's what personalizes them! I took a few classes in graphic design, so I designed them too :)

I really appreciate all of the compliments on my seed packets and encouragement for my garden site - it gives me increased motivation to finish it! I'm really happy that all of my packets are getting to everyone OK :)

o

The mailman just left!

I recieved 7 CARDS!!!

One beautiful embossed card was Unsigned!!!Beautiful Rose pink card with a heart and red silk flower.

Thanks to
feardyn
yoletrapper
pumkingal
ranegrow
jodie74 (clever use of holiday gift tags)
kmpsmom
Ellie

I recieved feverfew, interesting marigolds, ornamental peppers (oooh I love love love ornamental peppers) sweet william, morning glories, Butterfly weed, impatiens, several varieties of gallardia and many others.

I cannot express how much these cards mean to me, this will be my 12th Christmas that I have spent away from my family. Every card, makes me feel better and eases my heart to be so far from home

Thanks again!

Frances

o

Went out to the mailbox and what did I see....:)
4 Christmas cards waiting for me!!!
(I must be excited you all have me speaking in rhyme)

Fearadyn sent me a beautiful hand made card and
calendula: field marigold
gaillardia: blanket flower
MUTANT marigold (I really like this one...even the name is great!) :)

Rane_grow sent me a lovely card and
gaillardia: fanfare (wanted!!!thank you so much!) :0)

Nlb52 sent me a gorgeous card and
Hibiscus Mix (a mixture of red, light pink, dark pink and white all on one bush) this sounds very pretty!!

Ishareflowers sent me a wonderful handmade card and
Columbine Winky Red
Columbine Winky Blue
I have been wanting these for SO long!!! :)

We have about 2 feet of snow right now and another 6-10 inches for tonight. And I'm already thinking of spring!! :)

My cards are also flying today and tomorrow...they may need Rudolphs help with the weather we're having :0)

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!
vina

ps. those are beautiful poems up top. I copied and pasted one to send to a dear friend. Thank you!

o

I received a card today from poisondartfrog.
She sent me zinnia seeds along with 2 types of cotton seeds.
Thank you so much for them.
Faye!

o

I rec'd 2 cards today!
Jodie74 sent Sweet william mix and columbine.
Lisa/ishareflowers sent me sooty dianthus, apricot sparkles daylily, persicaria red dragon, columine, and whirling butterflies gaura!
Thanks to both of you for making a great day for me! I am home sick today and this made my day! And Lisa, I understand about the helenium!! Don't worry!
I am still mailing! I am spreading mine out to help keep everyone from getting so many at once!
Happy Evening to all! Melinda

o

Two cards and seeds arrived in the mail today. It was a chilly walk out there to get the mail so I was happy for the surprises!
Frances (fcoffill) sent Bells of Ireland.
Lisa (ishareflowers) sent Salvia Snow Nymph, Zinnia Peppermint Stick, and Begonia with dark red leaves and an orange bloom.
Thanks so much to both of you!
I'm very happy with them.
Jeanne

o
UPDATE: secret santa seed swap thank you's and games

Two cards and seeds arrived in the mail today. It was a chilly walk out there to get the mail so I was happy for the surprises!
Frances (fcoffill) sent Bells of Ireland.
Lisa (ishareflowers) sent Salvia Snow Nymph, Zinnia Peppermint Stick, and Begonia with dark red leaves and an orange bloom.
Thanks so much to both of you!
I'm very happy with them.
Jeanne

o

Hello Everyone,
My Mom went to the post office for me and when she returned she handed me a stack of mail- I thought to myself I do not want to see another bill...well to my surprise there were letters from people all over the US and I thought to myself I don't know these people... then it hit me "SECRET SANTA". I started doing my happy dance and chanting "I got secret santa mail - I got secret santa mail etc.". Thank you all so much - I'm feeling like a little child during christmas - this is almost too much excitement. Praise God and to Him I give all the glory.
I'd like to give a special thank you to:
Alan for hyssop and basil seeds.
Rane-grow for brandywine tomatoe seeds
Roper2008 for Purple basil, lemon basil, purple marconi pepper, and habanero seeds.
Jodie74 for calendula, and romaine lettuce seeds
Sherrih for Evening primerose seeds

Thank you all so much. may God richly bless each and everyone of you!

Priscilla2007

o

Tue, Dec 7, 10 at 16:11

I got a card today that was in 3 seperate pieces.
the front of the envelope
most of the back of the envelope with a corner missing
and the card perfectly intact between the two,
with sweet alyssum and persian jewels love-in-a-mist.
I love both of these flowers.

Thank you Jodie and Merry Christmas

o

I got 2 cards today!!! I really needed this todays too! Thanks for great timing!

Aggie - Columbine, Blackberry Lily, 2 types rock cress!!!!!

KMPSMOM - 2 types cosmos & Lantana!!!!!

This has been great getting all these seeds in the mail. You have all made my year. Thanks for all your genorosity! You are the best.

Randi

o

Ruth

I had forgotten about that ripped envelope. Jodie, your Post Office is not being very gentle with your cards. my envelope was in the same condition, so glad you thought to tape the seed packets inside.

The card and seeds were beautifully intact, but it is a wonder considering the condition of the envelope! thanks again!

o

• Posted by karendee 5Wst. of Chicago,IL (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 7, 10 at 17:12

I got another card today

Thanks Pumpkingal , (sent me Glorosia daisy, Alaska daisy, BES and yellow gallardia)

I also loved those little seed ziplock baggies. They were small and perfect size...

Karen

o

This Secret Santa Swap is so awesome! I second (or third) the feeling of being a kid again when I get the mail! So many wonderful people with the Christmas spirit!

I would like to thank the generosity of:
Doris (Doris 1), Linda (rooper2008), Nancy (NLB52), Katie (redthreadddiy), and Iris (rane-grow).

Thank you so much for the wonderful seeds and sharing your gardens with me! :)
Tina

o

I got three cards.

Thanks kmpsmom, for baby's breath white (one of my favorites), Hibiscus noid (pretty), Liatris noid, sweet william mix and a pretty card with santa flying. Thank you.

Thanks Poisondartfrog Alana for Basil minette, Portulca
Menia lobata (looks interesting plant and can't wait to try it). Thank you so much for card and seeds.

Thanks ilovefarac for angel card, Petunia frost mix and
Moss rose (both are my favorites). Thank you so much

Thanks again

o

Hello~

I received two cards today -- YIPPEE!

sky2009~~ sent some red cypress vine seeds -- my hummers will be happy this summer!

Jodie74 ~~ sent bachelor buttons and sweet peas! Love both of these flowers! ( the envelope was in pieces -- but the card and seeds had no damage!)

bbbrrr ~ 18 degrees right now ~~ think I will go make some hot apple cider and dream of spring!

Thanks again for the great cards and seeds!

Crisann

(need 6 words for bingo)

o

Nine more words for Bingo here.

I received two cards today with lovely goodies inside.

NLB52(Nancy) sent yellow 4 O'clocks and ? 4O'clocks as well as Mahogany Nasturtiums.

ilovefarac(Melinda) sent jewel mix nasturtiums and burgundy blanketflower.

Thanks your guys, my 4 o'clock and nasturtium gardens are going to be amazing and my blanketflower garden will finally be completed with the burgundy color.

Smitties

o

I'm still here, y'all! Busy busy getting paperwork, arrangements & such ready for my first hip replacement surgery (yes, I need both done) on January 10th. Also, busy at work getting ready for our Australia site. Anyway, I gotta go card shopping soon & send out some seed packages, as I have tons of seeds to share! =)

Peace - Steve

o

Glad to see that a few people received my seeds and cards.

I got my first two cards with seeds today.

From Sherrih, I got this great card with a golden retriever with a santa hat on. We used to have a golden so that brought back a lot of great memories. She sent little finger carrots and zucchini/summer squash mix seeds. I have never grown either of those so they will be fun and an excellent learning experience. I've been meaning to plant those types of seeds over the years but never got around to buying them. Now I don't have to since I have them. Thank you Sherrih.

From YoteTrapper, I got an excellent card with birds on a birdhouse in the winter. I love bird-watching and I also make bird houses so the card was perfect. She sent me a lot of really great seeds too that I can't wait to plant. I got Kidney Bean Bush, Anna Green Pole Been, Case Knife Pole Bean, Russian Sugar Peas, Tomato 'Barnyard', Tomato 'Black Krim', and Tomato 'Northern Lights' seeds. Wow these are all so great thank you. I have never heard of those tomato seed varieties and I like to consider that my specialty, so I will grow these seeds with very much care.

Thank you both for the great cards and seeds. They really brightened my day when I got home as work has been keeping me late.

I have been reading the forum but haven't been commenting on too much. For Bingo I have 12 out of 25. Almost halfway there.

This is a lot of fun. I hope next year I have many more seeds to share.

o

Hi everyone ! Hope you are all keeping warm this evening !! brrrr .... 32 and windy here but the Christmas spirit I found in my mailbox is keeping me warm !!

I received 7 cards yesterday and 1 today !

Punkingal sent ... hold on your hats ... Butternut squash, oxeye sunflower, stella d'oro lily , pinky winky hydrangea, snow on the mountain, gloriosa daisy,hosta mix,toad lily , crazy daisy,joe pye weed, italian parsley,fancy poppies, alaska daisy, siberian iris mix, african daisy, autumn joy sedum, rudbeckia "becky" , dill and coreopsis ;-) Thank you so much ! Spring cannot come soon enough ...

Redthreaddiy sent mystery carrots, delicious tomato, foxglove beardtongue, ladybells and stella d'oro with wonderfully written planting/growing instructions ! Awesome 1

Dan the mailman sent Alaska Daisy ! thanks Dan ! I love daisies ;-)

Ishareflowers sent me 3 different kinds of rudbeckia which I love - Prairie Sun, Irish Eyes and Autumn Colors ! Love them !

Lisa831 sent Riesentraube tomato seeds ;-) I am a tomatoaholic ... always grow as many as I can fit in my garden ;-) thank you !

Vogt0047 sent me Helenium , Matts Wild Cherry, Amish Pink pleated tomato, Rudbeckia Hirta, African Daisy, Chrysanthemum Carinatum Painted Daisy mix and Japanese purple Iris seeds ! thank you !

Yotetrapper sent Barnyard tomato, Vintage Wine ( one of my most wanted tomatoes ;-) ) and Hopi Pale Gray Squash !

Jodie74 sent Velvet Queen sunflower and Painted Daisy seeds ! thank you ;-)

Thank you all so very much ! I can hardly wait for spring to plant all these wonderful seeds !

Iris

o
Thank you!

Rane-grow sent me black beauty eggplant seeds. Thanks for sharing. You are the first person to send me seeds. I really appreciate them Iris! I can't wait to plant the eggplant seeds next spring. It's very cold here, something like 20 with a wind chill of 9 or 10 degrees tonight. It's hard to imagine that spring will come, but I know it will.

o

Receive a very pretty card and seeds from Yotetrapper Thank you,it had
white marigolds
cockcomb red velvet
red peter pepper
orange peter pepper

I'll have to goggle them
peaur pepper orange (think i spell it right)
northern lights tomote
red barn tomaote's

You and your father are in my thoughts and prayers

o

GEEZ LOUIS!! I guess my post office did NOT LIKE my envelopes! At least most of you seem to be getting the seeds ok. (Except for 1 gal-I'll look up what I send & perhaps resend them if I have more....)

Merry Christmas everyone!! ONLY 14 MORE DAYS TO WS TIME!! My kids are counting down to Christmas but I am counting down to the 21st!!! tehehehe
Jodie

o

I got 1 today and it is from dan the mailman. A sparkly card and a pack of jack o lantern pumpkins. I seem can grow pumpkin only from a compost pile and they always are small. I will give this a try and hope I'll get a much bigger pumpkins... happy holidays and stay warm
thanks,
michiet

o

Wow, it's been so exciting running out to the mail box the past few days! I can't say how much this swap has lifted my spirits. As with a lot of people, the holidays are a difficult time (especially so this year with the bleak economy), and reading all the joyful, caring posts here has been heartwarming. And I apologize for not posting this sooner (my internet time is limited), but I'd like to extend a big hug and thank you to:

Redthreaddiy - alyssum, petunia, aster, bachelor button, yarrow, and geranium
dorisl - New England aster, flowering flax
Jodie74 - poppies, gaillardia
pumpkingal - poppies, blue flax, parsley
sherrih - bachelor buttons
ilovefarac - malva, alyssum

Thank you all so much for the wonderful seeds and cards. They give me so much hope and something to look forward to next year when they grow. My mailing date finally came up today, so the cards are on their way!

o

Thank you for making my day Lisa!

I can't wait to try all four of the Yarrows you sent. Such beautiful variety; I had no idea!

o
Received seeds from ishareflowers

• Posted by
    Perkybarb 6 Cincinnati Ohio ar
    (barb1814@fuse.net) on
    Tue, Dec 7, 10 at 23:23

Hi Lisa,
The wonderful seeds arrived today. They will work for me. Liked your card also. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas to you.
Perkybarb, Barbara C.

o

We just moved into our new house (moving is so chaotic. Hopefully we don't have to do it again for a loooong time!) We don't have internet at the new house, so I have gotten way behind. But in the meantime, many elves have thought of me.

Thanks to:
xiangirl - Blue bachelor buttons and a beautiful handmade card
Farmgirl - California poppies various pink and red poppies
Kmpsmom - Garden Statement, Lemon Queen and Petite Prairie sunflowers, and German chamomile.
Rosemctier - Pipian squash (with the most beautiful seeds, they look ringed in silver!), Red Russian kale and hardy Kiwi
Pumpkingal - Orange Profusion zinnias and fancy poppies
Jodie74 - Red American Legion corn poppy, McKenna's Giants columbines, and pink and red bachelor buttons.
Redthreaddiy - Purple prince zinnia (will look awesome with the Orange Profusion!), Blue bachelor buttons, magenta cineraria, and mystery carrots. And beautiful homemade seed packets.

I did not do a great job of keeping things separated, so I apologize if I missed something or attributed anything to the wrong elf. I really appreciate all the good holiday wishes and look forward to seeing my own seeds arrive (mailed only one day past my assigned date - sorry about that!)

Ellie

o

Man-O-Man!! Such a merry & bright Christmas season we're having here,...all thanks to this SSSS and the wonderful cards-n-seeds we're receiving! One yesterday and two today!

Yesterday's first,...

Such a beautiful card from Linda (roper2008), featuring embossed and shiny-metalisized festive Amaryllis and Christmas Cactus, stuffed with "Thai Pink Egg" tomato, "Chocolate Habanero" pepper and "Black Seedeed Simpson" lettuce seeds, all excellently labeled. WOW,...already two biggie wants from my wish list (-grinning from ear to ear-)!

Then,...today,...

Two more wonderful cards with seeds!

From Iris (rane_grow) - Holy katz! - To begin with, her scrap-bookesque Christmas tree card was rockin' fab. Then there's the seeds;... For one, easily enough "Spring Kale" seeds to literally fortify an army with tasty vital nutrients and vitamins, along with my wish list request of "Amish Paste" tomato. Thank you uber muchly!! - Oh yeah,...and she attached to her envelope's front a wonderfully fun flicker-sticker (tilt it this way it's one thing, tilt it another it reveals something else, "Happy Holidays!", blue field with white snowflakes).

And finally....

Lisa (pumkingal) - Major thanks for the marvelous snow scene card and "Big Blackberry" seeds!! Wonderful!! Blackberry + oatmeal = breakfast bliss! :)

I'm so happy and feel so blessed!

o

I got 2 more cards last night, well almost. I received 3/4 of the front of Jodies envelope. Thank you for thinking of me and for trying.

From kmpsmom I got lemon basil, todds country amish tomato and something I can't read the name of. It looks like a sunflower but the seeds are completely white. I never heard of that tomato and am excited, thank you very much.

o

Wow! For a first time trader this has been so exciting! If you all don't remember I posted my husbands wish list because as my name says: I am NOT the green thumb in the family. So, I have been collecting the envelopes and am going to give them to him on Christmas Day with his "Gaggle of Great Gardening Gifts".
So to say thank you, I can only say thank you to the names I find on the outside of the envelope. I really wish I could peek inside, but I will hold strong! HA! I might let the temptation take me and I'll open one or two before Christmas comes, but for now...
THANK YOU to:
Linda (roper2008)
Iris (rane_grow)
Angela (yoletrapper)

thank you again! can't wait until he opens them, then I can properly thank you
-Erica

o

This is the first chance I've had to post since Monday. I've gotten cards from Redthreaddiy with daylily, 2 marigolds, coneflower, penstemon, and roma tomato. These were all packaged so nicely. Looked better than the commercial packages.

Dan_the_mailman sent the bushel gourds and kettle gourds. These should be interesting.

Aggie sent butterflybush, blackberry lily, and california poppy in a beautiful handmade card.

Yotetrapper sent tomatoes, love tomatoes. She sent Northern lights, Red barn and Angelina's Italian. I've never tried any of those yet.

Pumpkingal sent thai basil, marigold mix, shasta daisy, fancy poppies and fennel. The flowers will go well with the cottage feel I'm trying to do.

Jodie74 I got dianthus, corn poppy, and fancy marigold mix. I'm going to do a small spot for the grandkids and the poppy and marigold will be perfect.

Nancy - Nlb52 sent Turks Cap lily and Yellow calla lily. I never thought calla lilies would grow in my area but I got a pink one 3 years ago and it's just getting bigger each year.

Thank you everyone. It's such a treat to go to the mailbox each day.

Debby

o

I got 2 cards today.
One was from fcoffill with love in a puff vine seeds and the card is homemade and just beautiful.
The other one was from jodie74 although the envelope was torn up really bad so there was no card or seeds in it:(
Things happen.
Thanks for everything,
Faye!

o

Poor Jodie! My envelope from her was pretty bad and ripped up but everything inside was still in tact. That is so weird! Oh well - it's the thought that counts, right?

o

I received 2 cards today. However, one card was placed in a USPS's "WE CARE" plastic.

It says

"We sincerely regret the damage to your mail during the handling by the Postal Service. ........"

However, when I look at the envelop, 3 sides of it were perfectly opened. The used scissors to open it. I am curious why this happened.

For the other card, thanks Lisa/ishare for the card and the heuchera and penstemon seeds. :)

o

Merry Christmas everyone!! ONLY 14 MORE DAYS TO WS TIME!! My kids are counting down to Christmas but I am counting down to the 21st!!! tehehehe
Jodie

you winter sow rigght about the solstice? that must be a blessed harvest (and now everyone can prolly guess which religon i follow LOL good luck)

o

You all are really spoiling me... more cards arrived yesterday and today. USPS is beating these envies up.. 2 arrived slit open on one side, but both still had seeds within! A little Christmas miracle. :)

From rane_grow: Super sugar snap peas and a really festive card, too. Thank you Iris! I can't wait to grow and eat these! (Do you know, are they dried up peas or pelleted seeds? They are such an odd, happy color -- bright pink with chartreuse dimples. The pink is so unexpected! Some kind of commercial coating? I am really curious to grow these! Maybe I'll get pink snap peas, hehe.)

From Jodie74: 3 Bachelor Button varieties! Pink, red and dwarf. Thank you so much! These are a favorite from my childhood.

From erika_ct: A very generous baggie packed full of marigold mix, enclosed in a beautiful card with a closeup photo of a snowflake. Really lovely. Thank you Erika!

From Sji_1981: Marigold "Mr. Majestic" and Peony poppy in red and pink! I can't wait for all these gorgeous blooms! Thank you Shirly!

o

Well I recieved my 3rd card today and it is from Sky2009 and she included mixed Zinnias for me. Thank you Barbara.

I also wanted to let you guys/gals know that my own cards went out a tad bit late. But they are headed now. So be on the look out. Thanks

Paula

o

I received my very first card yesterday.

ishareflowers sent: Sieboldiana ELEGANS Hosta, Colosal Hosta.

Lisa thank you very much (I did the happy dance in front of my sister who thought I was loopy)

Margarita10

o

Well.... not gonna lie, the whole "ripped to shreds" envelope situation saddens me! I went back over all the threads though & so far 20 of you received my seeds in good or ok shape & 3 of you not at all!!

TO keiki, nottoughly & frosty the cat~~ I resent your seeds today!

vlrtuoslty.... if your "weirdly" marked envelope was mine & you did NOT get your seeds, PLMK! I can resend to you as well!

I am glad I was organized & kept a list of what I mailed to everyone! I am concerned some of you may not get my seeds/envelopes at all!!

It seems like everything around me is falling apart!! LOL In the last 3 months both my son & my husband had to have unplanned surgeries! It has been a CRAZY fall to say the least!! But I know my blessings FARRRRRRRRR out number my trials so I won't let this bring me down!

In some weird way that I can't explain when I read these forums, look up some unknown flower, or package up seeds for someone or just look over my seed lists that I plan to WS it calms me & brings me PEACE!!

That's what gardening is all about, right?

Peace & love,
Jodie

o

Yippee! I got a card today from Ruthz and I am thrilled! I got rudbeckia moreno and aquilgia chrysantha! Will be planting these soon! Thanks, Melinda
More of my cards went out today! Are you one of the one's getting surprised??!
Have a great evening all! Melinda

o

Wed, Dec 8, 10 at 15:15

Jodie, I find it amazing that I actually got all 3 pieces together, but not in a bag or clipped or anything.
I don't understand how it managed to stay together. Luckily you did tape the seeds to the card.
Maybe someone who works for USPS could shed some light on it. HINT HINT HINT

o

A big thank you goes out to margarita10 for Rudbeckia, coneflower and Cosmos all of which are my favorites. Thank you so much!

BTW, you do know that we are neighbors. It's great to have a fellow gardener so close.

o

Holy Cow! It is a Christmas seed miracle in my mailbox. I have new:

from Jodi (jodie74)-Sweet william dianthus and love in a mist persian jewels. Love these! Thanks so much. The envelope was cut with a perfectly straight edge all the way around and taped back together. The seeds and the card look perfect though. Maybe someone at the post office thinks you're a terrorist? I like the little label tags in the bags.

from Margarita10- white shasta daisy, thank you, I am looking forward to trying this in my spring garden. I miss them from when I lived up north.

from Katie (Redthreaddiy)- sugar baby watermelon, cineraria, petunia madness pinkprimadonna white coneflower, blue boy bachelor button, gloriosa daisy, hibiscus texas star, and alaska shasta daisy. Thanks immensely for all of these seeds. How great will my yard look this spring? I really like th design of your packets too. Good luck with the new seed venture. Please let us all know when you are open for business. I like the name too. I have often believed I was a plant hoarder, but a plant hoarder's stash looks pretty appealing to me :)

from Lisa (pumpkingal)-Those are some cute dainty seed packets. Thanks so much for the fancy poppies, african daisy, gloriosa daisy, shasta daisy, and blackeyed susan. I certainly will be "happy gardening" with all the seeds you sent.

from Iris (rane_grow) Thank you for the early straightneck yellow squash. I have never grown this before and look forward to trying it out. I like the old fashioned looking Christmas card.

from Keiki- Thanks Florida neighbor for the yellow Gaillardia, African Daisy, Florida highbush eggplant, Fairytale eggplant, and Hansel Eggplant. I am especially happy for the eggplant seeds since I needed them. These will fit in very nicely in my garden. Love the homemade card! I don't think I have ever received a homemade Christmas card before. Stay warm.

Another huge thank you to everyone who has sent me seeds today and before. This is great that I found all of you generous Christmas givers just when I actually have enough room to grow all of these seeds in my new raised beds and pots.

o

Thank you to roper2008, jodie74, and rane_grow for all the basils, thyme, spinach, kale and tomatillos. Sadly, Iris's envelope had been savaged by the sorting machines. The seed pack and card envelopes were both ripped open, but our postal carrier(s) had handled the envelop such that all the seeds were still there. One person could have tipped the envelop and all the seeds would have just fallen out. Bad machine, but excellent and/or lucky postal workers.

Thank you!

P.S. This is my third year in this swap, and now my wife is just as interested in the seeds as I. Who knows, maybe she will join the festivities next year.

o

Just received a card from margarita10! Thanks so much for the
pink columbine, yellow cosmos, thats going to be so pretty and
the Bulgarian Carrot, never tried this hot pepper before. I think
I will winter sow the columbine.

Thank you margarita10!

o

Yay, I recieved my first card from Rosemctier! Inside a very pretty card with holly on the front was my Mexican cilantro, or culantro as it is known. It tastes almost the same as cilantro, which doesn't grow here very well, and culantro can take the wicked heat as long as it is in the shade....I already have the perfect spot picked and will plant some tomorrow!

Thank you so much.... these seeds are hard to come by!

o

Thank you to Ohiovalleygardener!
Received a card today with some great seeds: Zinnia Peppermint Stick and Zinnia Polar Bear. Great names for this time of the year and the cold weather we are having here right now!
Thnaks again.
Jeanne

o
day 7 & 8 of 12 days of Christmas

I apologize for missing the games yesterday, my daughter is making a movie for the last week of first semester of college, and had my computer tied up !!

Day 7

1. What song does a caroler sing outside Scrooge's office?

2. What is Charlie Brown's complaint about Christmas?

3. After red and green, what are the two most popular Christmas colors?

4. What does Alvin want for Christmas?

5. What song contains the line "Although, it's been said, many times, many ways"?

6. How many times is the name of Santa Claus used in "The Night Before Christmas"?

7. In It's A Wonderful Life, what two friends share their names with two Sesame Street characters?

8. What type of canned pie filling is a big seller at Christmastime?

9. What did Rudolph never get to join in?

10. What were Frosty's last words?

Day 8

Name That Christmas Movie Clues

01. Excessively parsimonious solitudinarian
02. Stupendous existence
03. Arctic iron horse
04. Tactics regarding yuletide swipe by verdurous antagonist
05. Unaccompanied occupation of domicile
06. Helpmate for the Pontiff
07. Yuletide footwear
08. Festive shindig
09. Vivacious bulbous spheroids of chilled precipitate
10. Niveous Yule
11. Noel for umber chuck
12. Chronicled season of Joy
13. Seasonal ditty
14. Boulevard three score and four claims unexplained phenomenon
15. Country of playthings and neonates
16. Noel over yonder
17. Tolling of campanulate metal at basilica of Holy Ancestress
18. Gateway to the city rendezvous
19. Complete journey tintinnabulations
20. Jovial north dweller
21. Destination: Homestead; Arrival date: Christmas

o

jodie74,

Sorry, I was busy. Yes, it was from you. :) How did you figure it out? But don't worry about sending seeds again. It's ok. I'm glad the address on the top left of the envelope is visible. However, your name got marked by their stamping tool. Lucky, I kept Kym's email and I found your address there.

Still wondering how it got damaged.

o
bingo

CHESTNUT
PINE
CAROL

* bonus word
MRS SEEDY CLAUS

o

Another card was waiting for me to arrive home today. I received yellow queen and frenzy gaillardia from hibiscus fan aka Suzanne. I am so excited to be receiving blanketflower seeds.

Thank you Suzanne.

o

after a long day spent attempting to deliver mail and parcels to people who don't seem to know how to clean out their mailboxes so I can get to them, it was absolutely great to come home to warm chili, hot cornbread fresh out of the oven, some mulled wine, and two more cards from Santa's Elves!
Thanks to erika_ct for the pumpkin seeds! new england pie sounds yummy!
Thanks also to Agnes for the zinnias, cosmos, poppies, echinacea, rudbeckia, and globe amaranth!

Again, I've got to say you all are making my Christmas this year! Due to some unforeseen expenses, I won't be ordering any seeds for the garden this year, nor will there be any gifts beneath the tree. But, you all have blessed me with so many seeds that I'll be able to share them with my family and friends, making your kindness go even further! I've started decorating the house by stringing up these cards, and instead of having one morning of Christmas, you all have made Christmas happen every day for me by sharing your cards, your seeds, and allowing me to read what you've received also. THANK YOU!!!

-Dan

o

Here's my first try at a picture. This a thank you to those who gave me squash seeds last year. This is just a sample of what we harvested. Well over 100 pounds of a great variety including: Long Island Cheese (my new favorite), Galeaux d'Escenes, Amish Pie Pumpkin, Queensland Blue, Buttercup, Butternut, Green Acorn, White Acorn, Striped Acorn, Early Prolific (and how!), Zucchini, and mystery gourds. You can see sunflowers in the background. All from last year's swap. Again, many thanks.

Photobucket

o

Recieve 2 beautiful cards today

Jodie74-Sweet williams and Salvia blue bedder
Poisondartfrog-Ornmental pepper medusa-Celosia kureenne corona-Salvia victoria blue

Thanks you both

o

Day 7 - My answers

1. What song does a caroler sing outside Scrooge's office? - God Bless You Merry Gentleman

2. What is Charlie Brown's complaint about Christmas? - Too commercialized

3. After red and green, what are the two most popular Christmas colors? - I want to say "Silver and gold", but
instead I'll say yellow and blue

4. What does Alvin want for Christmas? - Hula Hoop

5. What song contains the line "Although, it's been said, many times, many ways"? - The Christmas Song (Nat King
Cole's version is currently my fave)

6. How many times is the name of Santa Claus used in "The Night Before Christmas"? - Zero

7. In It's A Wonderful Life, what two friends share their names with two Sesame Street characters? - Bert and Ernie

8. What type of canned pie filling is a big seller at Christmastime? - Pumpkin

9. What did Rudolph never get to join in? - Reindeer games

10. What were Frosty's last words? - "I'll be back again some day!"

o

Love
was born
at
CHRISTMAS

and inside the card:

May His love fill
your heart this Christmas
and always

Katie ( Redthreaddiy) sent me this along with seeds of White Foxglove, Canna Indian Shot, white Coneflower,magenta Cineraria and purple Ladybells.
Thank you Katie, wishing you blessings and love,

Bea

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 8, 10 at 23:01

Anybody else have a hard time logging in today?

Just popped in to Thank Lisa for the great card and seeds!

Doris

o

Recieved a wonderful hand made card today, truly it is just lovely!

Thank you so much Aggie, for the card and the poppies, columbine, blue glow globe thistle, and the campanula carpatica~I can't wait to get them in the garden!

Blessings and a wonderful holiday to you and your family,
lynn

o

Hope everyone is staying warm and well, another light freeze here has me working extra, bringing plants inside, in the patio corner- covered them again last night, collected seeds incl. neighbors' gorgeous red zinnia, daughter and I never saw prettier plant around that stayed pretty for 4-5 months.

Have a warm day,make haste slowly, take care of yourself,

Bea

o

Yea!!! Santa Mailman arrived yesterday - thank you Alana (Poisondarfrog) for the Asarina and the Cosmos - both will get sown this year!!!

Looking forward to more cards to hang in my house to decorate.

Dan, sorry to hear that this is a tight year but at least you will have some beautiful flowers to give you joy next year.

Cheers to all,
Ann

o

Jodie74 you didn't need to send me more seeds, I hate the thought that you had to pay to ship again. Honestly it was the thought that counts. To me this is all about the fun and excitment, the seeds are like icing on the cake.

o

I have received 3 more cards. Pseudacris_crucifer sent compass plant, little bluestem grass and swamp milkweed. Rane-grow sent long red cayenne pepper. Jodie74 sent maltese cross and lizard/horse tail. Thank you all very much! I am excited about growing all of these!

Ginger

o

mail JUST came contained one card from gmom2-6boys with lemon balm

def cool ideal use wrapping paper as seed packet --thankies

o

And the award for the most creative envelope goes to redthreaddiy and tbbgardens.

From redthreaddiy, I recieved an express envelope that seem to be cut in half and was very nicely sealed. And inside I found Daylily and coneflower seeds from her garden. Both these seed envelopes too seemed to have been homemade and were so nice. Katie, please do share how you made these envelopes. I am so impressed. I might add that they were so professionally made. This might be because Redthreaddyiy has started a new seed sowing site. You and your husband have done a great job on the site. I hope everyone will check out GardenHoard.com and show their support.

Tbbgardens, I admire the way you made your own envelope out of a magazine page. Nice job! and so colorful. I think the post office might have opened it to inspect the inside because one side of the envelope was open. I am surprised that the card inside didn't fall out. I am so glad it didn't because I would not have received some very lovely seeds. I can't wait to plant my White Amarylis, Cinnamon Basil (I really love this one), spicey small globe, candlestick Bash, Hisbicus, and Summer Poinsetta (I really really really love this) Seeds. Did I say that I really love ALL my new seeds? I admire your taste in selecting these seeds because none of these were on my wishlist and I couldn't love them more.

Thank you both! It's going to be a colorful summer. and btw, thanks for the cards. You guys have made my Christmas very special.

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenHoard

o

julie2112 - I got an envelope that I sent to you returned to me saying that you refused to take it. Do you want me to resend?

I also got a card today from gmom2-6boys! She sent a beautiful card with some double pink columbine seeds wrapped in Christmas paper! Thanks so much - can't wait to get these planted! I love columbines!!! :D

o

pseudacris_crucifer, those are some beautiful squashes you have there! What are you going to do with all of them?

I grew 9 cushaw plants this year, which turned out to be way too many, because when I harvested them all before our first frost, I ended up with a wheelbarrow full of squash. No idea how many pounds that adds up to.

Have I mentioned I don't have a big bunch of kids or anything? It's just me and my finacee! Though I have been making pumpkin pies to take to just about every holiday gathering we've been invited to since Halloween. That used up ONE squash. :-o

We're going to be eating squash all winter, and maybe longer! Squash lasagne, squash chili, squash muffins, squash pasta, squash soup... I don't know what else!

o

Hi all this is so much fun;;

Hey pseudacris what a lovely photo,,my kinda pic

Got 3 yes 3 cards today;;;

Thank you to Xiangirl--for zinnia's,, and wild swap sunflower(hey I just stopped aside the road a couple of weeks agao to collect these,, thank you now I know what they are called,, oh I love them thank you,,,and a great home made card too...

thank you to miss mojo--great liatris and wonderful card;;

thank you too sky2009 for honey suckle,,
You little elves are wonderful.....Lisa

o

awww msirie! That was very nice of you - I made the seed packets in photoshop, printed them out with a color laser printer, and then cut them out with an x-acto knife with a ruler. Then, I scored each of the flaps with a bone folder, and folded them. I use this awesome Scotch Advanced Tape Glider (a scrapbooking permanent tape) to seal them all up. I am a bit of a hardcore crafter/seamstress/everything :)The site isn't 100% ready yet, but I am hoping by January, I will launch it. Right now, I blocked search engines from finding it, so no one has really visited the site except for garden web folks that I have shared seeds with and given the web address to! I didn't want the 'general worldwide public' to see it until I was finished. There is so much research than I would have ever imagined that still needs to be done on a lot of seeds! I am glad you liked the seeds. Those coneflowers take FOREVER to sort through. The daylilies are fun to collect though! I am hoping to start making posts on how to sow/collect seeds on the site, but that will probably come a little bit later.

Thanks msirie! Both you and gmom2-6boys have made my day! :)

o

Today I received from Shirly (sji-1981) gloriosa daisy, peony poppies, and yellow rudbekia in a nice card designed by an 11 year old. Thank you Shirly, I can't wait to plant the seeds this spring. I have grand garden visions in my head.

o

Hi Everyone
I've been having a lot of trouble logging on & posting messages, so sorry for the belated thank yous!

THANK YOU to:
smitties for verbena obsession mixed
dan the mailman for anchusa blue angel
hibiscusfan for night fragrance jasmine

This has been a really hard couple weeks with a very dear friend passing away just before Thanksgiving & the memorial this past Monday. I just want to say thank you to everyone in the GW community who have been incredibly giving and wonderful to me this past year as I've been trying to start my garden! Happy holidays to all & please take a moment to cherish your loved ones. Warm wishes, Grace

o

I got another card!

Thank you!!!
gardendad_2k10 (Christian) He sent Blanketflower: Gaillardia Puchella and Gloriosa Daisies! :)
Thank you so much and the card is adorable!

We now have 43 inches of snow and its still snowing!! Too bad its not even winter yet. It's suppose to let up by Saturday, just in time for a new storm coming through Sunday and Monday.

All these cards keep brightening up my day and getting my bootie out there every morning shoveling out the mailbox waiting for the mailman to come.

Happy Thursday everyone!
vina

o
RE getting close to bingo :0)

I just checked my Bingo words and I only have 5 left till I hit Bingo!!!! :) I can't believe I've made it this far!!

o

This elf doing happy snow dance all the way from the mailbox today~

So many beautiful cards and wonderful seeds, thank you so much~

Sky for the blue morning glories, I feel like spring is here already,

hibiscusfan for the delphiniums, blue flax, blue salvia~can't wait to plant, can't wait to plant...

missmo20 for the liatris spicata~perfect for my butterfly garden

gmom for the tall phlox, this has been missing from my gardens far to long.

Oh I just wish I could show all these beautiful cards and seeds to everyone!! I love them all~

Holiday huggs to one and all, many blessings to you and your families.

Also huggs and good wishes out to those who are going thru loss this season, it is a hard season even in the best of times, going thru loss just makes it almost impossible. Just never forget, spring will follow the winter~
lynn

o

Thu, Dec 9, 10 at 16:26

Mail just came with more goodies.

fcoffill/Francis
sent mixed colors Lilliput zinnias

These are so cute.
I grew them for a few years and then they stopped reseeding.
I've missed bringing little bouquets in for the dining table.

Happy Thursday Mailboxing to Everyone

o

You too Ruth, thank you for making my thursday brighter, nice card and seeds: Zinnia giant Fantasy, Orn Pepper "Black Pearl" and Kale Red Winter---will be planted soon.
Like you , I've not had some things reseed, like Lilliput and Oklahoma Zinnia, pepper " Black Pearl", vietnamese and others.
May be very freeze last winter affected them.

Thank you Frances -fcoffill- for the nice card and Hardy Hibiscus!!!

see you all soon,
Bea

o

I received 2 more cards today. Hibiscusfan sent rudbeckia cappuccino. Thank you I love rudbeckias! Tbbgardens sent a seed sampler :) with red and pink dwarf hibiscus, anise hyssop, clitoria vine, mexican petunias, touch me nots and scarlet creeper vine. Thank you for all the great seeds! More flowers for the butterflies and hummingbirds!

Ginger

o

I also received a card today from gmom2-6boys with a tiny gift-wrapped packet of lemon balm seeds. I looked up the culinary uses of this herb and my mouth is watering. Lemon balm pesto over homemade pasta anyone? Lemon balm vinaigrette? Ooh, I can't wait. Thanks, Sharon!

o

Receive a beautiful card today from Ruthz she send
Ornmentral Sangria
Ornmentral Calypso Orange
Red Peter Pepper
Thanks you

o

Many thanks to the elves who are sending me cheer! I've been out to visit my mom for about 6 weeks, and it seems to be taking a LOOOOONG time to get back into the swing of things. Coming back just in time for Christmas preparations isn't exactly the most restful way to end a trip! All the little cards are certainly lifting my spirits so much, helping me forget how behind I am. Thank you!

Earlier I got Rudbeckia hirta from both kmpsmom and hibiscusfan ('Cappacino' seeds). Yea!!! They were stars of the garden this year, and I loved the variations from the different seed sources. They will be fun to grow this summer. One of my favorite flowers, for sure!

missmoso sent me some Liatris spicata, too. Thank you! It's a beautiful flower that is missing from my garden. It is also a fantastic NH alternative to purple loosestrife, which is invasive here. Perfect seed choice, missmoso!

Xiangirl send me orange Butterfly WEed and Helianthus. My butterfly weed didn't make it this year, so thank you for sending me those seeds! Welove watching the butterflies in the garden, and I was so sad when an animal devoured my seedlings. Glad I have more now! Can't wait to grow those wonderful Helianthus, too.

farmergirl2009 send me Echinacea White Swan. YEA!! I have the purple, but I have doubts that my whites lived. Thank you!! Just what I needed. Then, more of the lovely Rudbeckias. YEA! And, finally, some Shasta Daisy. Part of my bed will become a White and Yellow bed next year, and the shastas are perfect. Thank you!!

You all are too generous. Thank you so much!!

Time to get my seeds ready!
Deanna

o

Sorry to be so late reporting all of my wonderful cards and seeds from you wonderful elves. I was able to log on but not post...I guess I was a bad girl!! LOL!

This is just to much fun!

Jodie sent me...
Sweet William Dianthus
Spurred Snapdragon mix Northern Lights
Candytuft Tuft Dwarf Fairy Mix
Jodie, the seeds you sent arrived in perfect shape. The envelope has seen better days.

Lisa (I Share)sent....
Larkspur Frosted Skies

Erica_CT sent....
Marigold Mix

KMPSMom sent.....
Verbena
Salvia coccinea
Phacilia

Dan the mailman sent....
Larkspur

redthreaddiy sent....
Bachelor butoon Blue Boy
Marigold french mixed colors
Candytuft white
Marigold Scarlet
Marigold sweet and orange
Marigold sweet and yellow
Tomato Roma
I will be checking out the GH site!!

Thank you so much for your joyous cards and generosity. I only wish I could meet each of you in person for lunch, dinner or for a couple of glasses of vino and shoot the breeze. You are a delight.

Merry Christmas...

Annie

o

Well I recieved 3 more cards today. so I need to thank

gmom2-6boys she sent me some agastache-lavender I can not wait to start these.

kmpsmom she sent me pentasand some agastache foeniculum again I can not waitt o start these. And I love the snoopy card.

rbrady she sent me monkey flowers maybe I can get these to flower, and some ozmorhizzo claytonni sweet cicely hmm never heard of it but can't wait to check it out.

Thanks so much I love them all.

Paula

o

Good Morning Everyone!

I've received a couple of questions about postage, so I thought I'd answer them here so everyone would know.

1. A "forever" stamp is the current value of a first-class stamp, whether you bought it this morning or when they first came out. Currently that value is 44-cents, no more, no less. The great thing about the forever stamp is that you can but them now at 44-cents each, and when the cost of a first-class stamp goes up, so will the value of your stamps which you have at home! Cool, eh?

2. Postage does not only depend on the weight of a package, but also the size of it. Even though most everyone is using average-sized envelopes, we all have to watch the thickness too. Remember, if it's over 1/4 of an inch, it'll go up in price. When in doubt, stick on another stamp. So far I've received 2 envelopes which were "postage due", and I'm hoping none of mine were received that way. I was happy to pay the extra because I knew there was was a lot of happiness enclosed, and sometimes it happens, right?

Thus endeth the lesson. I hope it helped someone.

Everyone have a great day!
-Dan

o

Received 2 cards yesterday. Thanks to MissMojo for the
baloon flower, I have always wanted to grow that one.
Thank you also to v1rtuos1ty for the orange cosmos's,
Laura bush petunia and agastache. This will make my
garden more beautiful next year. Can't wait!

o

I got 2 fun filled cards last night.

First was from Michiet who sent me garlic chives, cleome and cantaloupe. Thank you very much!

My second treasure was Italian Red beans from Dan the mail man, thank you from Keiki the postmistress lol NOT.

Seriously thank you, but I am going to need a bigger garden here guys. Anyone know if Santa is giving acreage this year?

o
Logging In ....

Good morning, there is ALOT of people having trouble logging in to the site !! If you find your having trouble ..PLEASE send a message to GW, they are asking for your error message. They are aware of the problem and working on it !!

Dont worry if people arent posting a thankyou on ur cards, and dont worry if you cant post a thank you right away due to this issue...we have ALL month, and Im sure it will be resolved as soon as possible.

With this happening...I am going to post the 12 days of Christmas ..but wait till Sat to post anymore BINGO words.

o
Day 9 and 10 of 12 Days of Christmas

Day 9

1.What famous Christmas movie is the following line from? "You�ll shoot your eye out! You�ll shoot your eye out!"

2. What are the names of Santa�s reindeer ?

3. Where did the Grinch steal Christmas?

4. True or false: The New England Puritans forbade Christmas celebrations

5. Which Christmas carol says, "We all like figgy pudding"?

6. Which Christmas carol would you be listening to if you heard the line - "the running of the deer"?
7. Where is the world's largest Christmas tree?
8. Who was the star of the Christmas movie Jingle All The Way?
9. Which was the last US state to declare an official holiday for Christmas?
10. Which is the only Santa's reindeer that is named after another animal?

Day 10

1. What is Santa Claus called in France?
2.Which nation traditionally uses straw decorations for Christmas?
3.We all know about the tradition of hanging stockings for gifts. Which country uses shoes instead of socks for the same purpose?
4. Which Christmas carol did Jimmy Boyd make famous when he was just 12 years old?
5. According to superstition, what do cattle do at midnight on Christmas Eve?
6. On what day do french parents exchange presents ?
7. What colorful twinkling items are the first thing usually hung on a Christmas tree?
8. Which popular Christmas song was penned by James Pierpoint?
9. What city did "Miracle on 34th Street" take place in?
10. What year was the first commercial Christmas card made in ?

o

I got some cards today! :)

Thank you to smitties for the blue flax, agastache apache sunset, and the quinoa! :D

From Xiangirl I got three types of flowers I think, they fell out of the card when I opened them though, and got mixed up. (sorry!) I think they were 2 agastache maybe and a gaillardia? :) Thank you!

From missmojo I got balloon flower! :) Thanks!

From wishdesign I got goji berries, russian sage, and spinach mustard! :) Thank you!

Holly

o

Hi all 2 more wonderful cards;;
Big thanks to;;flowergirl34--yellow honey suckle bush,,can't wait to plant these,,

Big thanks to deergarden---stevia,, yes finally have it oh thank you cannot wait

all you little wonderful elves just brighten my days,,thank you all very much,,
Lisa,, and grandson,, he is loving them all too he checks the arch way for new cards when he comes over,,thanks again

o

Well I recieved 3 more cards today and they are from

pumpkingal she sent me a lovely assortment of pumpkin seeds which included large carving, cute 5 in baby pan, small filed trip , jack b little,and then a large carving punpkins and also somezinnia orange profussion, verbena bonariensis, and some agastache foeniculum.

missmojo send me some Liastria spicata pink/purple gayfather should go great with my current purple ones.

hibiscusfan sent me some double click cosmos and a heuchera with green/brown leaf.

Thank you gals so much

Paula

o

More Santa Seeds in the mail today! From Missmojo I received liatris spicata in a holiday wrapping paper seed packet. Thank you MissMojo! From Vina (flowergirl134), my little Christmas seed angel, I got daisy Becky, hibiscus copper king, daisy Alaska, conflower NOID, nigella Love in a Mist, hibiscus rose Mallow, and conflower Ruby Giant. Thank you Vina! Your garden must be beautiful to grow all these flowers.

This is by far the absolute best group Christmas exchange I have ever been a part of.

o

CardinalWV sent me more wonderful rudbeckia and some helenium. Yea! My helenium last year ended up being Anthemis tinctoria 'Dyer's chamomile.' It's a great plant, but I'm thrilled to have it AND helenium now!

o

Hello all! Whew! long time to get here!
Dan, thanks for the tree card and the lettuce seed. Arrived tuesday.
KMPSmom, thanks for the snoopy card and the basil seed.
dirtdaddy.

o

Got one more pretty card with (three wise-men) from gmom2-6boys and foxglove mix seeds. Thank you so much. It would be first time when I am growing foxgloves so it would be fun.

Jasmine

o

I received my first package of seeds from gardendad-2kid - I hope I got that correct. LOL Thanks so much, I LOVE flower seeds.
My guesses:
number envelopes sent = 1624
Most one person will send = 39

o

Fri, Dec 10, 10 at 17:51

And today from Santa's Elves

ilovefarac/Melinda sent
Lilliput zinnias - love these

missmojo sent
Liatris - looking forward to growing this

jmt2213/Jenny sent
Golden Jubilee tomato - new to me, I'll have to google
common chives - I've been wanting these
Bachelor Buttons - great for cut flowers

Thanks to all of you and
Happy Friday Mailboxing

o

Finally! I have been unable to post about the great cards I have received over the last few days.

From Jodie I received a very neatly dissected card (PO looking for contraband?) but a packet of Calendula seeds appeared to be undisturbed. Thank you Jodie. I have been having a Calendula vision and you are helping me realize it.

Angela (yotetrapper) sent me one of my most wanted Tomato varieties-Aunt Lou's Underground Railroad. I can't wait to try them!

Lisa, (ishareflowers) sent Argyranthmum (very, very exciting!) and Salvia Ballet Swan Lake.

Michele (micyrey) sent a handmade card that will be the star of my collection. I love snowmen! Enclosed was Calendula Victoria Sunset.

Ann, (Kmpsmom) sent a delightful Snoopy Card. Inside were Calendula seeds. If I can get all of the Calendula's I receive planted to look the way I see them in my head I will take pictures and post them next season. I can't wait!

lisa831 sent Reisentraube tomato seeds and I am so glad she did! I love them!

Thanks again to everyone!
Alana

o

Oh Smitties! Thank you so much for the wonderful pepper seeds and the beautiful card. I can't wait to start them. I forgot how much fun this is!!

o

I'm sooo behind on posting thank yous!!!

Margarita10~Orange Cosmos,Purple Balloon Flower,& Birdhouse Gourd

rane_grow~Rutger Tomato

dan _the_mailman~Kettle Gourds & Bushel Gourds

ruth z~tithonia torch,Fuji no Murasaki JMG,akatsukino mai JMG,& Grey Mornig Mist JMG

missmojo~liatris spicata

Virtuosity~tithonia &Zowie Zinna

sherri h~white datyra

jodi 74~baby blue eyes &White Wedding Zinnia

nuthnhunee~orange trumpet vine

later...April

o

Wow, finally can log on -- couldn't at all yesterday!

I received three cards in yesterday's mail:

missmojo ~~ sent some purple balloon flower -- such a cute little seed package!

margarita10 ~~ sent impatiens, yellow cosmos, and calendula -- I have never grown calendula -- can't wait to try!

v1rti0s1ty ~~ sent marigolds, zinnia zowie, and orange cosmos -- I love all three types of flowers -- the zinnia sound neat!

I am loving all the beautiful cards that I have hanging on my kitchen door!

Was hoping to be able to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow, but right now we are getting freezing rain -- about 4" of snow expected tomorrow with strong winds -- we are in a blizzard warning already tonight, so it is not looking like tomorrow will be a shopping day. Maybe Mother Nature will cooperate next week! :)

Have a great evening -- thanks again for the wonderful cards and seeds!

Crisann

o

Hi everyone -

I was so excited to have received so many nice cards and seeds today when I got home! I can't wait to plant them next spring.

Thanks to:

Miss Mojo for Balloon Flower seeds, gorgeous plant!!!

Wishdesign for pinwheel zinnias (I really wanted these so much! Special thanks !!!!)

Ilovefarac for black beauty eggplant, yummy!

And, last but not least:

JMT2213 for slow bolt cilantro, black beauty eggplant, early purple vienna kohlrabi, early white vienna kohlrabi, sweet banana peppers, and musturd green seeds. All I can say is WOW!!! Thank you thank you for so many seeds. You have furnished seeds for half of my 2011 garden!!!!!!

I wish all of you very happy holidays!!!

Blessings,

Suegardens2

o

I rec'd 2 cards today!
Wonderful homemade from MissMojo with balloon flowers! Thanks so much!
Also a beautiful homemade card from Frances/fcoffill. The envelop was in shreds but the card is fine! Alot of work in that! Also had part of plastic pack that said Ruby Siloam and I figure it was daylily. But no seeds! So sorry!
But don't worry at all about it! I love the card and thought behind it! Thanks so much!
Hugs, Melinda

o

Yippee!! I can finally log back in after three days with out access.

Flowergirl34- beautiful horses n birds card; Kopper King Hibiscus, Ruby Giant Coneflower, Paprika Yarrow, Love-In-A-Mist, Swamp Mallow Hibiscus, dark purple Yarrow.

Sherrih- cute snow guy card with purple and pink Echinacea.

Ilovefarac- another cute snow guy card along with Black Jack Sedum (yippee!!) and Scabosia stellata (very attractive seeds).

Jodie74- fun tree card and seed labels- Giant Plume Mix Celosia, Love In A Mist Persian Jewels.
Poisondartfrog- Celosia cristata and Lisianthus Cinderella Lime.

Redthreaddiy- cute snow bear card; Texas Star Hibiscus, Baby�s Breath, Primadonna White Coneflower, Pink Aster, French Dwarf Marigold.

Pumpkingal- sweet ice skating family card; Black eyed Susan Shrub, Purple Coneflower, Gloriosa Daisy, Love Lies A Bleeding, Ornamental Peppers. Your envelope was sliced completely through on two sides. It was a good thing that you had taped those tiny cute seed envelopes to the card.

Ruthz- Yet another cute snow guy card: Ornamental Pepper Purple Flash, Ornamental Pepper Sangria, Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy

Sji1981- sweet Christmas tree card; Aster Azureus, Rudbeckia Yellow, Ornamental Pepper Black Pearl

Receiving these cards and seeds is almost as good as receiving hugs from ya�ll. There are not words to express my thanks.

o

Happy Friday Everyone! I came home after a long day to a boxful of cards and seeds, what a lift to my day! Here's a list of what I found in my "stocking" today...

Michelle/Micyrey sent 2 packs of morning glories and a cute handmade snowman card... I'm still smiling from it!

Nancy/NLB52 sent nasturtiums and coneflowers... yeah!!

MissMojo sent liatris seeds all wrapped up like a gift... cool!

Vicci/ohiovalleygardener sent dwarf zinnias and some luffahs, which I've been wanting to grow for quite some time now.

Suzanne/hibiscusfan sent rudbeckia and helenium inside a reindeer card she made!

Rhonda/RBrady gifted me with poppies, helenium, and gaillardia... all new favorites of mine!

and Barbara/Sky2009 is sending me out to plant more pumpkins!

You all are just wonderful people, and I thank you for thinking of me!

-dan

o

My coffee table is covered with seed packs and christmas ornaments and final papers. GW was being mean so i couldn't post before now.
Many thanks to sherrih, sky2009, missmojo, margarita10, amberroses, and ruth z, who sent a lot of cypress vine (someone said it was kinda invasive where they live, which excites me, because maybe i'll actually be able to get it to grow LOL), white datura, 4:00s, balloon flower, birdhouse gourds, scarlet o'hara morning glory, peanut pumpkins, white ballerina datura, and lavender moonvine. you guys have really been the bright spots of my rough week (a dear old friend was in an accident and passed on). thank you everyone so much, and thanks to xiangirl, too, who send on a card that was misaddressed to her.

if it weren't for this secret santa exchange, i doubt i'd have very much christmas spirit, but receiving all these beautiful cards and cool seeds has inspired me to decorate the mantle! yay! and the tree is IN the house but not straight yet. we're slowly getting there!

o

Thank you to missmojo for the liatris spicata, to not-the-green-thumb for the Long Island Improved Brussel Sprouts and Purple Russians, and to gwrbrady for the native wildflowers: Ratibita columnifera, Ratibita pinnata, Eryngium yuccifolium, and big bluestem.

We moved into a huge farmhouse this spring, with eight acres. My ever so wise wife suggested that we wait a year to start a vegetable garden, but I was ambitious. I planted some of it, but could not keep up. One evening I sent to kids (2 boys, 4 and 7) out with all the squash seed packets, hoping the squash could suppress (or at least survive) the weeds. Hence our abundant squash.

What do we do? Well, we decorated the house, inside and out. Several were carved as unique jack o lanterns. I've made a dozen pies, several soups, and my wife makes a great applesauce pumpkin bread and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. We eat well.

o

Thanks to Vicci(OhioValleyGardener) for the 60lb pumpkin seeds. I'm excited!

Also I got a homemade card from missmojo and had baloon flower in it. Thanks.

from CardinalWV, a packet of rudbeckia seeds. I can't wait to plant... Thank you!

I have put all the cards taped to a wall in our hallway for display. I loved them all.

Thanks,
Michelle

o

Recieve a pretty card Missmojo it had Balloon flower seeds. Thanks you

o

I got more cards...I have been sick so they were a great pick me up!!

CARDS I RECEIVED

Pumpkingal , -Glorosia daisy, Alaska daisy, BES and yellow gallardia
Fcoffill --marigold
Ruth Z---peppers
Ohiovalleygardener peppers
Redthreaddiy --chives, marigolds, tomato, gallardia, and foxglove� (love the packages)

Photobucket

Karen

o

Got a handmade card with balloon flower seeds from Missmojo,
thank you.

Bea

o

DH brought me more secret santa cards!

sky2009 - white sweet peas. They sound gorgeous!

Kmpsmom - tall purple echinacea, penstemon prairie jewel, penstemon smallii, pink fernleaf bleeding heart... The hummers will love these!

missmojo - purple balloon flower. Cool!

ishareflowers - awesome packaging, such great presentation! - heuchera frosted violet (wow!), and pink bleeding heart.. Can you tell me if it's the fernleaf type or spectabilis type? Either one is great!

gmom2-6boys - sweet peas, hand collected... Such a nice card.

And for those of us who got tomato seeds in our trades, I found an alternative to canning or making kettles of spagetti sauce.. Make sun dried tomatoes (but not in the sun, LOL).... Slice up the tomatoes, soak them for a few hours in wine, then roast them with a little oil on low heat in the oven. If you just want to make small batches at a time, you can also use a toaster oven. The tomatoes taste great in creamy pasta sauces.

o

Hi roper2008/crisann,

I'm so glad you like the seeds I sent. I love them all. The Petunia Laura bush is the last plant in my zone 5 garden to lose their flowers. The zinnia zowie, OMG, WOW!!! The marigold, I think mine flowered starting mid June to late September.

I received 2 cards today. My 13 yr old daughter's reaction for the entire week was "WHAT, you receive seeds again from your internet friends!?!? That is awesome! Can I join?". LOL :D

Kmpsmom sent me bunny tail grass, white wax begonia, salvia coccinea and I think it's plume poppy.

Missmojo sent me Balloon flower.

Thanks to both of you!!! :)

kmpsmom,

o

I received several cards on Thursday and Friday. Thanks to everyone. This sure has made my holidays alot brighter.
Thanks go out to gmom2-6boys for the blue flax seeds.
yoletrapper sent me bunnytail grass seeds & amaranthus intense purple. Thank you very much.
hibiscusfan sent rudbeckia cherry brandy and I really loved the home made card.
sky2009 sent me cypress vine and blue morning glory seeds.
jodie74 you really did not have to resend. I understand how the post office can tear things up. Thank you for the baby blue eyes, catchfly and the love in a mist seeds.
Missmojo sent liatris seeds. Thank you so much for them.
aphroditelaughs sent poppy, amaranthus giant red and green love lies bleeding seeds.
Thank you all for the great seeds.
Faye!

o

What a pain trying to log in yesterday and send a TKU but at least this morning it seems to be fixed so...

Thank you to Missmojo for the liatris perfect for butteflies and hummers!

Thank you to Rane Grow for the evening scented stock!!

Thank you to Doris for the beautiful card!

Thank you to gmom2-6boys for the sweet peas - very cool x-mas wrapping paper envie!

Can't wait to see what the postman (I mean Santa) brings today!

o

A hearty thank you goes out to virtuosity for my Larkspur seeds. I am doing to direct sow some today.

@Rbrady I can't thank you enough for my Penstemon seeds and my Purple Fountain grass seeds.

@Beanswatch I will think of you everytime I enjoy a meal seasoned with delicous Basil.

@missmo20 Your beautifully wrapped Liatris Spicata will surely brighten my garden.

You guys are the best. I love you all!

o

Miss Mojo, Balloon flowers really are one of my faves!

Thank you! I love your card also!

o

Yesterday's mail brought the following:

Gift-wrapped Liatris from Miss Mojo-thank you very much!

Calendulas from CardinalWV-love them!

New Zealand Purple Ricinus from Ruthz. Thank you Ruth! Many of the seeds were squished but there were a few survivors-plenty for my purposes.

Again, thank you all!
Alana

o

jodie74 sent me cute kitty card and 3 types of Letuces Black seeded sympson, red salad bowl, Red Romain (love them all and waiting for spring). Thank you so much.

roper2008 sent me pretty lily card with cypress vine white, pink and Basil serata. I was really looking for cypress vine pink and white and so glad for it. Can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much.

Sherly

o

I received 4 cards over the past week. Thanks to...
Suzanne for the carrots
Erica not the green thumb for the cabbage and corn
Lisa punkingal for the bell peppers, lettuces and broccoli
Missmojo for the balloon flowers

I am getting kinda worried as I sent my cards out over a week ago and still do not see any have arrived...hopefully soon.

Kim

o

Another card today!!!

Thanks to ggwrn for
Mixed Cosmos
Black Hollyhock
Orange Profusion Zinnia

later....April

o

Gotten a break from yard work and rushed ( didn't dance, sorry, may be if noone was watching, lol) to the mail box, found 2 cards from my probably 2nd or 3rd buddy here to get in touch and trade, what year was it Melinda? Pioneer GW women!
Ilovefarac--asked you if by any chance you might have last name as my friends' -3rd cousin actually, no you said ( it's for ILoveFlowersAndRocksAndChildren) , can't forget it, :)
Thank you for the nice card , Echinacea Magnus and Zinnia
"Cherry Queen".
and thank you Ann- KMPSMOM for a nice card with 4 pkts of seeds - Echinacea Magnus,Scarlet Marigold, Eupalorium coelectinum- will search common name ,know it's good, milkweed too- friend loves it...thank you all again,

Merry Christmas, wishing you blessings from the heart,

Bea

o

Was gonna post this last night,...-sigh-...but,...once again I fell asleep at the keyboard. Sometimes this dang chair really is just way too comfortable. LOL! - Anywayyyyy,...sorry.

Ahem,...now, to continue.

Okay, so two days ago I received two more fantastic seed laden Christmas cards,...

From tbbgardens (Trudy): A really nice, snowy card with a pair of Cardinal birds (my MIL's feathery fave), and YEAH,...Back Pearl Pepper seeds (another Wishlist BIGGIE!!), also Scarlet Creeper Vine (We have lots of chainlink fence here at our new place just begging for vines of all kinds, plus we also have an arbor out back), Hoya (Pretty! Flower stars!) and Anise Hyssop (From what I've read, this is one heckuva perennial herb! Great looks, great scent, and leaves for tea)! Never tried any of these, but now I'm sure gonna!! Thank you so very much Trudy, for the beautiful card and seeds, and for all the helpful information! :)

From ruthz (Ruth, of course): A cool "Let it snow" card with a plastic window featuring simulated snow and a view of a jolly snowman, and no less than three more selections from my Wishlist!! Lemon Drop Pepper (Yessss!), more Black Pearl Pepper (Lovin' it!) and Eupatorium rugosum ‘Chocolate’ (Tallish, with purple-bronze leaves and white flower clusters - Niiice!! Thank you soooooo much, Ruth!! :)

Cards and seeds received yesterday...

From wishdesign (Jean): A cute "Share the joy of the season" card with a plush-toyish-looking reindeer offering symbols of the season as gifts. Now,...for the seeds (O Boy, O Boy, O Boy!!), first off, more Lemon Drop Pepper (Genetic diversity rocks,...who wants inbred peppers?! The more the merrier!!), Goji Berry (Majorly doing the Happy Dance!! Yeah baby!! Definitely a SUPER BIG TIME want from my Wishlist!!) and Indian Ginseng (Aswagandha - A medicinal herb for folks with insomnia, and the berries can be used as a substitute for Rennet in cheese making...totally rippin' cool!!). Thanks bunches, Jean!! Oh,...and the little red zippies, uber nice touch!! :)

From missmojo (Lisa): A cool, handmade Christmas card, stamped with an image of holly and "Happy Holidays!", with purple Balloon Flower seeds (Yip-yip YES! My SIL only has blue,...guess who's gonna be wanting whose seeds now!! He-he!) Thanks a bunch, Lisa! :)

Today's card...

From dirtdaddy (David): How totally cool! An Elvis card! Could easily be the cover-art for The King's Blue Christmas single (if there ever was such)! - Ahhhh, now for the seeds! Man-O-man! More Black Pearl Pepper (Enough is never enough!!), more Lemon Drop Pepper (Like I said for Black Pearl), Thai Red Hot Pepper (Yeah! It's cold outside, stoke the fire!), Dr. Wyche's Yellow tomato (From the late Dr. John Wyche - Oooo, a real good one, to be sure!!), Jimmy Nardello Pepper (Sweet and light when eaten raw, classic Italian frying pepper, a favorite non-hot. - Hmmm, methinks a bit o' culinary experimentation is definitely in order), Bush Moon Flower (White Datura? We have Moon Flower vine, Morning Glory type.) Thanks loads, David!! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here