Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa 2011 Thanks, and Bingo

Posted by flwrs4ever 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 20, 11 at 15:13

Please fill up the other thread first, I post a bit early, to make sure we have a place to post :)

Thanks to each of you for making this swap a wonderful "TRADITION" of GIVING !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa 2011 Thanks, and Bingo

I have a lot of thanks you to give. I'm running late today and will post them all in a bit.

o

I'm behind again..(sigh)..just been so busy! I apologize for not thanking everyone on time! My thanks go out to:

Yotetrapper, (Angela)- A very beautiful glittery card that reminded me of my old house. Inside were Butter and Bulls Heart tomatoes, (heard they are great for canning!), "Rose of Heaven" petunias, (can't wait to see these), Black Brandywine tomatoes, (never tried these), "Apple Blossom" Sweet Peas, "Case Knife" Pole Beans, and BLUE Popcorn!! Love it!! Thanks, Angela!
Aphroditelaughs, (Ellie) - A very pretty card with ornaments hanging from a branch of a Christmas tree. Inside were "Cherry Queen" Zinnias, (sounds beautiful), pink/purple mix columbine..love this flower!, Heirloom Impatiens, mixed colors, single and double..(never had heirloom impatiens!!), and Brandywine tomatoes! Thanks, Ellie!
Sassybutterfly, (Wendy) - A cheery card with strings of colored Christmas lights! Inside were California orange poppies..I LOVE poppies!! and Danver's half-long carrots..thank you so much, Wendy!
JMT2213, (Jenny) - I received Baby's Breath, (so beautiful), Clemson Spineless Okra, and Red Okra..(my husband was excited about this..we can't wait to grow it!!) Thanks!!
I hope everyone is ready for Christmas! Finished our last-minute shopping today. Tried to wrap the cat's presents tonight, but they kept peeking, lol

o

Good Morning All,

I got two more cards this week. Thank you sassy and nottougly for the great seeds, I look forward to planting them both!

Lisa/ishare

o

Happy Wednesday Morning,

I received more Christmas Cheer in the mail yesterday.

*Lois (and Thor and Odin) sent me a beautiful Mother and Child card with Tomato "Stump Of The World". Thank you!!

*RuthZ sent me a happy card...a snowman with children and included Yvonnes Salvia, Thunbergia Alata mix and Japanese Morning Glory mix. Thank you!!

*Nancyplants sent a cute handmade card, Let It Snow...open the card up...instant snowflake. Nancy sent Tomatoes "Juanne Flamme","Druzba" and Aunt Ruby's Yellow Cherry, Mustard "Red Frills" and Anaheim Pepper. Thank you!!

*Xiangirl (Heidi)sent me a happy snowman and Christmas Blessings with Coreopsis Plains, Gaillarda Punchella and burgandy, white and pink Cosmos. Thank you!!

*RedThreadDIY (Katie)sent a Happy Holy Days card with seeds, Arugula and Morning Glory "Scarlet O'Hara" so beautifully packaged. I am looking forward to your new site...I certainly enjoyed your old one. Thank you!!

Lois, Nancy, Ruth, Heidi and Katie...thanks so much for your generosity and sharing you Christmas happiness and joy with me. I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas!

And Santa Kym, thank always for all you do.

Happiness to all!

Annie

o

alwaysagarden sent me 2 kinds of basil!
THANK YOU!!
I LOVE BASIL (and I did not get to harvest any this year)

Thanks for all my cards everyone! I was not able to mail as many as I would like. I might send a few more for fun.

(I love this swap)

Karen

o

JOY! Lisa 831 thanks sooo much for the marigold seed! dd

o

Many thanks, xiangirl, for the sunflowers, gaillardia, and coreopsis! They all look like good ones!

o

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 21, 11 at 16:10

Went mail boxing today and found 2 more wonderful cards...

Thank you redthreadyi for the blanketflower, hollyhock, 2 colors of spider flower, petunia (looking forward to trying this again) and broccoli (DH thanks you too, he loves broccoli)...

And thank you xiangirl for cleome, blanketflower and viola (I can never get enough of viola and there is one blooming by the front porch right now).

You all are making this such a Special Christmas season!

o

some more thanks.
Redthreaddiy = Tomato San Marzano, Monster, Amish
Beet Mammoth red and detroit dark red
Cilantro, Salsify, Oregano, thyme. Thank you Katie

Dem_pa Thank you for the Cherokee trail of tears been, Blue greasy grit pole bean and the christmas lima pole. I am excited to try all of these. =)

flowergirl34 = apple gourd and crenshaw melon

Yotetrapper= coustralee, san marzano, ferris wheel, beefsteak, goliath tomatoes and case knife pole bean

Jmt2213 tendergreen bushbean and mammoth sunflower.

I am sorry if I missed anyone. Thank you all!

o

I have received cards from :

rane-grow- 'Chocolate Stripes' Tomato and 'Carbon' Tomato. Thank you so much! I can't wait to try these tomatoes.

ruthz- Mizuna, Tatsoi and 'Cherokee Purple' Tomato. Yum....the makings of a salad. Thank you!

lexiegurl- Eggplant 'Black Beauty' and Brussels Sprouts 'Catskill'. The Brussels Sprouts are a local heirloom that I have been looking for! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

flowergirl34- Cosmos 'Bright Lights' and Pumpkin 'Jack O' Lantern'. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Lois- Tomato 'Black Krim' and Garlic Chives. Thank you.... my garden will be overrun!!! (In a good way).

o
Has NO ONE received a card from cashclan?

I'm AMAZED and oh so disappointed, I sent out 92 or 93 cards by Dec 6th and was sure the people CLOSE to me would of received their cards by now. My grand daughter made about 40 of the cards and then I purchased the rest of them. I hope they didn't ALL get lost or thrown in the wrong chute (like the garbage chute) :-( Hope someone receives a card from me soon. Just wanted you to know I THOUGHT of EACH one of y'all and encase you don't get your cards.....
Here are (((HUGS)))) and WISHES for a VERY...very...very...

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Sharon

o
WOOHOO More cards today!!!

Ohhh my GOODNESS, what JOY to go the PO and find NOT bills but Christmas Cards, Oh yes, I said Christmas Cards, and NOT just your run of the mill Christmas cards but little fat, puffy Christmas Cards with SEEDS inside!!!!
I received from...

RedThreadDIY...a cute, cute, cute Happy Holidays card with the MOST beautiful Seed Packages inside, they are ACTUALLY works of ART, Katie has done a FANTASTIC job of designing her packages and even if they were empty they wold be worth having!!!! But...mine weren't empty they contained Paprika Yarrow, Blu Licorice Hyssop, and Carpet of Snow Alyssum, now I'm doing the "Happy I've got seeds Dance" Thank you so much for choosing me for the Secret Santa Swap.

I received more but have to run to church..will post more later.

Thank you EVERYONE for being a part of the 2011 Secret Santa Swap.

(((HUGS)))
Sharon

o
Bingo

Bethlehem
Christmas
Fruitcake

**I have spent the last week or so trying to help my daughter out of an abusive relationship..I apologize to everyone for not being around as much normal, but I am thankful that today I can say Christmas Miracles REALLY do come true !! **

Anyone with Bingo or close ??

o
Bingo

Bethlehem
Christmas
Fruitcake

**I have spent the last week or so trying to help my daughter out of an abusive relationship..I apologize to everyone for not being around as much normal, but I am thankful that today I can say Christmas Miracles REALLY do come true !! **

Anyone with Bingo or close ??

o

Kym, I'm glad you were able to help your daughter. When you're in a difficult situation family can make all the difference.

My Bingo card has 12 words marked off so far :)

o

Bummer, I misplaced my list! grr. Any way you could send me back my list. LOL. I will keep looking for it.

I'm a little concerned, I sent out 16 cards and only a few ppl have mentioned receiving them. I sent them out Monday 12th. Has anyone else had a problem? I haven't received any of them back.

I am really sorry to hear about your daughter and her relationship. My first husband was abusive and it took me almost 5 years to get out.

o

Thank you Xiangirl (Heidi)

What a great card! You are so creative!
Thanks for the Morning Glory 'Crimson Rambler' and Blanket Flower 'Tangerine'. I almost bought a 'Tangerine' plant this summer. So glad to have the seeds instead!!

Merry Christmas!!
Amy

o

Thank you and Merry Christmas to:

nottougly- Japanese MG Pink

ptp813- Cosmos Orange and Pink, Night Phlox.

xiangirl- Cosmos Pink, Burgundy, White. What a great card. I love it!

o

Thank you to redthreaddiy/Katie for Tomatoes 'Chocolate Cherry', Large Cherry, Small Cherry & 'Black Krim', French Marigolds, hot pink Petunia, Pepper 'Orange King', Watermelon 'Sugar Baby' and 'Bushel Basket' Gourd seeds and cute card and thanks to celeegra/Grace for the unique card and pink Mimosa Tree, Eualyptus & 'Yvonne's' Salvia seeds. I really appreciate them!

o
oops

*Eucalyptus

o

I recieved 2 more cards the other day but am just now able to post the thank yous. So here goes,

Iris rane_grow a very lovely card with some mixed cosmos seeds. thank you can never have too many cosmos.

Katie redthreaddiy another pretty card, and thank you for the blue forget me nots, and the arizona gaillardia.

I am so looking forward to seeing all of the great seeds that I have recieved germinate and flower this summer.

Paula

o

Thank you Lisa831 for the snowman card and Mortgage Lifter tomato seeds. I've been wanting to try them and now I can :)
~Happy Holidays~

o

Happy Solstice everyone

o

Many thanks to rethreaddiy! I was so excited to get her card after reading others exerience. Katie sent me yellow pear tomato, sweet banana pepper, yellow blackberry lily, tequila sunrise pepper, and in her lovely packaging bush bean pencil pod. I am thrilled to have them all especially the tequila sunrise peper!

cashclan I am so sorry to hear about your cards! I was sad because I sent my cards on the 10th and about 7 of them havent been mentioned. I can only imagine how dissapointed you and your daughter must feel.

o

Another wonderful card today !!
Thanks so much to Margarita10 for the beautiful card and orange klondyke flare cosmos seeds!
Have a great day! Melinda

o

T ... h ... a ... n... k .......... Y ... o ... u
Jeff, Lois, Thor and Odin for the fantastic card with the true message of Christmas celebrating the perfect gift of a Savior and a packet of Lobelia cardinalis seeds that the hummingbirds will adore. I sure hope I can snap a photo of the hummers this next summer. They've been a delight to watch, but too fast for my finger to respond even when I have my son's camera on a tripod in front of my chair waiting.

o

Last year was the first time I did the Secret Santa Swap and didn't realize/remember I should be posting thank yous. I apologize for last year. I have enjoyed posting this year and I can see why it's frustrating for everyone who sends cards.

o

Many thanks for great card, Iris ( Rane-grow) with Sunflower The Joker, Mahagony Coreopsis-yay and Italian Parsley- just added it to recipes, been so much into writing what I cooked lately need a break now.

Kym, sorry your daughter has had rough times, thankfully she has you close, know you feel better now too ....hope all goes well...hugs.

Bea

o

I received a nice card in a bubble envelope filled with:
Nasturtium 'Creamsicle', Scarlet Runner Bean, Trionfo Violetto Bean, Pink Half Runner Bean, Radish 'Madras Podding'!!!, Japonica Striped Maize'!!!, Tomatoes 'Super Snow White' Cherry, Tobolsk', and 'Pink Tumbler". Thank you HABITATGARDENER!!!! I can't wait to try all of these! Merry Christmas!

o

I have 11 words marked off so far. Going back through the threads to see if I missed any or not!

o

I have more people to thank and I'm sorry I'm behind again. I also want to share that my father's medical condition isn't as bad as my worst fear and I attribute that to God's grace and mercy. I am hopeful that he will continue to improve.

Jas-il, thank you for the bronze fennel and the primula drumstick. I have no idea what a primula drumstick plant is, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

Readthreaddiy, goodness thank you for all those seeds! Inside your package I found french dwarf marigold seeds, carpet snow alyssum, primma donna coneflower, big max pumpkin, black beauty squash, early straightneck squash, cotton candy pumpkin, green striped cushaw pumpkin, and sugar baby watermelon. I opened your cute card and found a nice note and more seeds! There was an eyeball plant and double shirley poppies. Thanks so much for your generous gift. I'll be sure to check out your website in February. I thought I was addicted to seeds, but I think you have me beat :)

Thanks again to all the amazing Christmas seed givers this year. This is my second year doing this and it is so much fun.

o

I actually am having the same concerns that tl.graham and cashclan are having. I sent out 10 cards, and have only had two people confirm that they received them.

o
May get behind, please be patient, horrible accident

Y'all please be patient with me, I may get a little behind, We had a horrible accident last night. Our church was getting together with two other Hispanic churches, I was running a little late and came upon an accident.

A tractor trailer had jack-knifed onto the coming lane of traffic, I thought "Oh my goodness, I'll never make it to church" two other people got out of their cars to walk up and see what was going on...when they came back I went up to one and asked what was happening. the lady said, we won't be going anywhere..there is a van full of about 15 kids wrecked up there. I started to walk away and then stopped and asked "Are they Mexicans?" she said yes, and I said "Oh my goodness, it's my church family"

I told the kids to stay in the car and ran up there, none of the EMS spoke Spanish so I was helping translate where everyone had pain and we ended up transporting our people to three different hospitals!!!! Our driver was pinned in the van, the steering wheel was crumpled and she was smashed in there, they had to use the jaws of life to get her out, another gal was unable to get out of the van.

I was transporting children to our Pastor's house so his wife could care for the kids, some of the kids went to my house to stay the night. some people were transported to Highlands and many to Brevard and some to Asheville. I told the pastor I would go to Highlands since he should go to Brevard and Asheville (for the ones worst off)I believe the driver was air lifted to Asheville when they finally got her out.

I stayed with the three in Highlands till two were released, one with a broken arm and lacerations on his legs, the other a whiplash and lacerations, the third had a dislocated elbow and stitched up laceration and blackened and swollen eye (she was kept over night) I took the two that were released to the pastors house to spend the night.

today I went back to the hospital to stay with Karen (the one with the dislocated elbow) I stayed all day with her until some other people came at 4:00, I translated and helped with her therapy, she has to stay the night and I will go back tomorrow to help with her therapy and to translate (nobody speaks Spanish)

I've heard some of the progress of some of the others, one has a broken foot and smashed face that will get better, she has been released, a 5 yog had two broken clavicles, she has been treated and released, her father has a fractured L4 and was treated and released. I don't know about the rest of them, what they had wrong, but we had eight treated and released.

The driver has had extensive leg damage to both legs and is going to have a LONG ROAD to recovery, they did surgery on her knees and put in lots of pins. The other girl lacerated her liver and has broken her femur but they have to wait for her liver to heal to do the surgery on her leg.

Please be in prayer for all of them and us, as this really impacts ALL of us.

Please be patient with me, I PROMISE to do my best to catch up on posting thank yous and R&R.

God bless each and every one of you
Sharon

o

Oh my God, Sharon, sure hope and pray for healings to go best possible, that is so awful to witness let alone to go thru, especially the kids! Glad you helped. Bless you and all.

Bea

o

Holly/riley17, THANK YOU for the eggplant seeds!

I'd never had eggplant before I went to New York state a few years ago to spend some time with the lady who would become my fiance. She made me some eggplant parmagian, and I was hooked! Imagine being introduced to an italian dish cooked by an italian who was part of the 2nd generation to be born in the USA. Talk about getting it from the source...lol! Last summer I tried growing eggplant for the first time, and I still can't believe how easy it is to grow. Now, through the generosity of certain people here in this swap, I'll be able to grow different varieties of eggplant and try my hand at cooking some for my household and co-workers. It's a bittersweet pleasure since I lost Gwen in a car accident, but it is a pleasure nonetheless. Thank you to you all!

Sharon, I don't pray, but you and yours will be in my thoughts!

I've noticed in the last few posts that some people aren't being thanked or recognized for sending seeds. It's sad, but it does happen. Try to concentrate on the pleasure you all had in sending those seeds, and remember that not everyone will remember to let you know they've received them for a variety of reasons. Don't let this mar your good deeds. On the behalf of everyone who doesn't take time to say "thank you", please accept my thanks. Without you, these swaps would not be as great.

-Dan

o

Thank you flowergirl34 for the columbine and rudbeckia. I really enjoyed the colorful envelope. It really lit up the mailbox.

o
Bingo

Ebenezer Scrooge
HOLLY
PIE
Tradition

o
thanks

Ditto to what Dan said..unfortunately not all will get a thanks, but PLEASE know I thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining in the swap !

Cashclan, I received your card and posted...it really brightened my day :)

Thanks for the kind words ! It was a tough road, and I really hope it is over :)

Sharon, I am terribly sorry to hear about the accident.. may they all recover quickly !

Kevin, any update on your sister ?

Is everyone done baking, shopping, wrapping ?? I will be going to the store tomorrow to finish up..

I have thank you's for:

Corrine1 Thanks for the tea, I plan to sit down with a cup this evening :)

Lois, What a beautiful card !

nancyplants, I loved the pop out snowflake, how creative !

alwaysagarden, my daughter laughed and said the seeds arent going to anyone but her, thanks :)

I hope I havent forgotten anyone ! I truly appreciate you all thinking of me :) I may not be able to garden like I use to, but Ill never stop loving gardening or my gardenbuds !!

o

Corrine1, thank you so much for the beautiful card and all those seeds! I received Everlasting Sweetpeas, Castor Bean, ornamental corn, sunflower and Nicandra physalodes 'Splash of Cream' seeds.

Thank you so much!

o
Thank you Margarita10

Yesterday I received a very precious card from Margarita10 with Morning Glory Seeds.
Thanks Margarita10. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

o

SNOWBALLS with Truvia

2 sticks unsalted butter or Smart Balance, softened
1/4 c Truvia, more to taste
grated lemon rind to taste -opt
1 tsp each vanilla and lemon extract-opt
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 c all-purpose flour
about 2/3 c chopped pecans/walnuts/almonds or any preferred nut, alone or mixed
extra Truvia for dusting, ab. 3 TB

In a bowl, blend butter with Truvia, mix in flavorings til combined.
Slowly stir in flour and then pecans; mix well. Pinch off enough dough to roll, among palms of hands, into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie tin without touching.
Bake at 350 deg for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Roll in Truvia while hot and again when cooled. Store in air-tight containers.

SEAFOOD PATTIES

If shrimp, crabmeat or crawfish meat is unavailable substitute any fish filets ,chopped. Fresh shalots, celery, oregano, basil or preferred herbs add to taste. Preferred ingredients in desired amounts.

ab. 1 1/2 lb fish filets, cut in small pieces ( flounder/catfish/redfish/salmon etc)
1 eggwhite, scrambled
2 T olive oil, divided
2/3 c ea chopped shalots and celery, divided
ab 1 T each fresh oregano and basil, chopped or dried, as preferred
1 tsp each Italian seasoning and garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried marjoram-opt
1 T each Paul Prudhomme's Magic , Mrs Dash and my "Salt" or fav. seasoning
ab. 2/3 c Panko or Italian Bread crumbs -or some of each

In a bowl, beat eggwhite, add fish, ab. 1 T olive oil, ab. 1/3 c of shalots and celery, seasonings to taste and as much Panko as needed for mixture to be of desired consistency, shouldn't be too dry, if needed add little more olive oil; shape mixture into 4 patties.
In skillet, heat 2 T olive oil, stir in rest of shalots and celery ( can add sliced garlic if you like), saute about 2 minutes; add seafood patties without touching each other; cook about 5 minutes or until golden-brown, spooning occasionally with oil, shalots and celery; turn to cook the other side about 4 more minutes.
Serve on bun with ketchup and lettuce or as you like. Makes 4 patties.

o

Hey guys--

I'm not concerned with getting thanked for the cards, I'm worried that my cards didn't all make it to their planned destinations! Would the post office be able to tell me if any mail that I sent was being held for some reason?

o

Yesterday I received a beautiful card and the following seeds from corrine1 - anise hyssop, poppy mix, castor bean, sunflower, nicandra "Splash of Cream", lavender Spanish, Laverder English.

Thanks so much.

Don

o

Sharon,

To all in the accident, I wish a speedy recovery. God Bless!!

Annie

o

Just when I thought it was over.....

I received two cards yesterday.

nottougly sent a beautiful card with gold and silver pine boughs and Season's Greetings. Inside the card were cosmos and Chinese forget me nots, both on my wanted list. Thanks Faye. I know you have had a hard time this year. I hope things are better.

From Xiangirl, a cheery snowman card bringing Christmas Blessings and seeds. More cosmos, one of my favorites. I can never have enough of them. During our long, hot, dry summer my gaillardia thrived. Heidi sent Tangerine Gaillardia, new to me and very likely to become a favorite. Alaska nasturtiums were also included. A double winner. I love variegated leaves and nasturtiums are my granddaughter's favorite flower. Thank you Heidi for being so thoughtful.

Margaret

o

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 23, 11 at 11:41

Sharon, bless your heart for all that you've done to help your church. Your are all in my prayers.

o

Not concerned about being thanked as long as my card and seeds get there...and
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CARED TO SEND ME CARDS and if I've not gotten them yet, there is still time, thank you for caring,#1

Making this side dish, instead of turkey stuffing.

Merry Christmas, good health.

BEA'S CORN CASSEROLE
3 egg whites
2 T each olive oil and unsalted butter ( or as much of either or both as preferred)
2 cans ( 15-16 oz ea) whole corn ( or creamy or 1 of each)
1/2 -3/4 c yellow cornmeal
approx. 1/3 c chopped dried onion ( or diced sweet onion to taste)
1 can ( 8 oz) green chillies or fresh preferred pepper, diced
1/2 c shredded PepperJack cheese
1/2 c shredded Cheddar ( or preferred cheese in desired amount/s)
1 tsp each Paul Prudhomme's Magic, my "Salt" or favorite seasoning to taste
Additional 1/2 -3/4 c shredded PepperJack/ Cheddar for topping
Garnish-opt-bacon, prosciutto/ham or crumbled cooked sausage bits

Preheat oven to 350 deg.
In a large bowl, beat egg whites foamy. Add rest of ingredients except additional cheese and bacon, if desired.
Spoon into a greased 12x8x2 in baking pan or about 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
Bake about 50 minutes or until done.
Sprinkle with additional cheese and bake about 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Garnish with optional garnish. Serves ab. 5.

Suggestion- Garnish ingredients can also be added to corn mixture before baking.

o

I have 2 more people to thank today

Annie canyonwind nice card and thank you for the zinnia elegans benary giant scarlet I can not wait to see these bloom I live zinnias and also verbena bonarensis, and moss verbena.

Vina flowergirl34 cute card with cat. She sent me some cup & saucer seed, salvia ulignosa, and some aqulegia (columbine) burnised rose these sounds very interesting.

Thank you to all of those who sent seeds to not only me but to everyone else as well a wide choice of seeds to enjoy for hopefully many years to come.

Paula

o

Faye, many thanks for the card and seeds, Anemone 'Robustima', Hibiscus 'Crimson Wonder' and Cerise Queen Archilla, how wonderful!

I WANT TO THANK WENDY FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT HOSTESS AND TO EVERYONE IN THIS SWAP FOR MAKING THIS CHRISTMAS EXTRA SPECIAL. WISHING EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED NEW YEAR!!

o

Thank you Lisa for the striped tomato!

o

Sharon your church group is in my thought and Prays.

I'm very behind on my thank you,I have received so many beautiful cards and seeds would like to Thank all who send them.

Canyonwind
RedThreadDIY
WonderWeasel
Keiki
Alwaysagarden
Debby-1
Browneyedsusan
Paulan70
Flowergirl34
Jaynine

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

o

Hi!!! I am sorry I am late with my thankyous. I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas!

I received cabbage, a lettuce blend, peppers, tomatoes and green beans from Rgeversole.
hyssop and luffa gourds from Nottougly
Peppers and tomatoes from Margaret, Charles,Molly, and Bad Boy
Paste Tom's and hot peppers from Ruth Z
Beans and tomatoes from Yotetrapper
Beets,tomatoes, Basil, and lavender from Wonderweasel

Thank you all! I am very excited to try all these new varieties!!
Happy gardening!!

o

This is in response to WonderWeasel's question: "Would the post office be able to tell me if any mail that I sent was being held for some reason?"

The only way we at the post office are able to track an item is if it has some type of number on it, such as a delivery confirmation number. Certified letters, registered items, or express items, all have a number associated with them too. IF an item has one of these tracking numbers, you can go to the usps.com site, enter the number, and our system will tell you where it has been scanned. If a letter or package does not have such a number, there is unfortunately no way for us to tell where it has been, or where it is going.
One other thing to remember is that a lot of people are visiting someone or somewhere for the holidays, and their mail is on hold at their local post office. They will not know what they have received until they return home and their mail is delivered to them.
Recently we found out at the post office I work at that, the United States post office was just awarded first place in delivery accuracy amongst +30 countries in which delivery tracking has been done for the past 3 years, using delivery accuracy and timeliness as the standards. Not bad, eh?
If you are worried about your seeds arriving at their destination, I would ask you to relax. Your seeds have either arrived, or soon will. Sometimes, letters and packages do get mis-directed. Eventually though, they all reach a human who notices what has happened, and they get sent to their proper destinations.
We at the post office can't offer a 100% guarantee on delivery yet, but we're striving for it. At the moment, we're hovering around the 98-99% mark. And yes, that makes me pretty darn proud.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE! Enjoy your Christmas Eve Eve.

Dan

o

Habitatgardener/Tanya sent a very nice card with Tomatoes 'Remy Rouge' and 'Croatia Joanna YMCA'. I've never grown either and am excited about them! Thanks so much.

o

• Posted by Pash 10 (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 23, 11 at 23:36

Guys, first of all my computer finally died and I am only now getting on a borrowed one to find out if the internet still exists. This is the first place I went because I want to let you know I AM BLOWN AWAY BY ALL THE WONDERFUL CARDS AND SEEDS I'VE RECEIVED IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS!!!

This is a really special thing going on here. Few of you know me from Adam, and yet you've been so generous and thoughtful with your cards and seeds. In a world that can sometimes seem like it's in decline, this exchange has restored my faith in fellow man. When I turn on the television, it sometimes seems as if we live in a divided nation. And when I get in my car, I can easily start to see my fellow drivers as enemies (traffic in my area is pretty terrible.) Something that I've thought about is that I know nothing about everyone's religion or political affiliation. We may have little more in common than that we all love putting seeds in the ground and growing things. And that is enough of a reason to share with each other.

I wanted to let you guys know that I've found this very affecting. I find myself saying 'hi' to strangers and feel generally less suspicious of my fellow man. This is turning out to be a very special Christmas for me, due in no small part to your gifts. Thank you!

Margarita10 - What an adorable card, those angelic children are precious! Thank you kindly for the Cayenne and hot peppers.

Yotetrapper - Turkey Craw beans! I had heard of them, but never seen them until now. Such a good looking bean, it almost looks hand painted. These beans will be crawling up some cornstalks in my backyard come spring.

Pumpkingal - Wowza, what a great presentation! I loved how you packaged the eyeball seeds in the form of a flower. Your decorations and confetti were delightful . Thanks for the Borage, as well.

jas_il - Amaranth and Milk Maid Nasturtiums. I'm excited about these, this will be my first time growing Amaranth. And, as my love affair with Nasturtiums is now in full gear, the seeds are much appreciated!

RedThreadDIY - Holy cow, your home made seed envelopes are amazing. And I appreciate the growing info.The 'simulated winter' for Oregano is a revelation. Thanks for the Oregano, Thyme, Lemon Bee Balm, Feverfew, Eyeball plant, Pineapple Sage, and Purple Bee Balm. As I was showing my Mom all the card I received, she got really excited about the Pineapple Sage, which she was familiar with. I love your website, you will be hearing from me again!

Onedaylily - Mondara citriodora, Borage, and Garlic chives. The chives are going into the ground this month, thanks to this mild California winter. My Mom can't wait to plant the Bee Balm!

Thanks again to everyone and Merry Christmas!

o
Bingo

CAMEL
DONNER
GIFTS
SNOW
TINSEL

o

Jordan (wonderweasel), I received one of your cards today!!! It is soooo cute! I love penguins and glitter, so it is a perfect card for me :). I also love the interesting varities of seeds you sent. I had received a type of pepper (tepin, I think) from someone else and I thought that was the world's hottest pepper, but come to find out it is actually (Guiness certified) the bhut jolokia pepper you sent me! wow, that's pretty cool, glad you put the warning on your package. I also appreciate the long cayenne pepper seeds, costoluto genovese tomato, and debarao black tomato seeds. I am super excited to try all the varities this spring!! Once again, thank you so much for everything Jordan!! Merry Christmas everyone!!

o

I did this for my kids last year and again this year. It really is cool.

http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home

Here is a link that might be useful: video from Santa

o

Hi Kym, 15 Bingo words marked off here.
Received 2 more cards!
jas_il sent me Petunia-purple star, Petunia-Magenta with white edge and Morning Glory- mily way. Thank you so much Jasmine, I love these!!
redthreaddiy sent an incredible bounty!
Tomato-chocolate cherry, Tomato -rosso bruno, Tomato-large cherry, Corn-extra sweet, Corn-honey select, Morning Glory-scarlet O'hara, Morning Glory-pink, Sunflower-dove hybrid, Marigold-french dwarf mix, Hollyhock-summer carnival mix, Petunia-hot pink, Poppy-double shirley mix, Mexican hats-maroon mix, Painted Daisy-mix
wow! thank you so much Katie, I will have loads of fun planting these next year!
Thank you so much to you both! :)

Cindy

o

Very busy times...started to worry about you Rob- Pash, almost done E-APB, lol, glad you're back and hope things improve, we love your card and kale seed.

Heidi-Xiangirl, love your send, Christmas Blessings to you too, yellow Giant Hyssop,Red Velvet Sunflowers, Gailardia Punchella, 2 kinds of Coreopsis, thank you bunches.
I imagine mailmen will get 2 days of sleep after Christmas day, smile.
So will many others. Kym,thank you for all this- plenty BINGO No's but only 2 in a row.
Will be cooking, expected of me, will be taking breaks, see you soon, hugs,
Bea

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 24, 11 at 11:47

Kym, I have checked off 12 out of the 25 bingo words even after going back through the posts to make sure I didn't miss any.

I've been praying for safety & peace in your family situation. Merry Christmas to everyone!

This swap was a great 1st experience for me & fun to send seeds on to far away places.
Corrine

o

More Thanks!!

Lisa831 sent me more Christmas cheer...a great card and included Ancho Pepper seeds. Thank you!!

Lisa, a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I feel like I "personally" know so many of you yet we have never met. This "tradition" truly brings people together. I wish for each of you tranquility, peace and strength.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your family and friends. Be safe!

Annie

o

Annie, you kind of took words out of my hands when you said:
I feel like I "personally" know so many of you yet we have never met. This "tradition" truly brings people together. I wish for each of you tranquility, peace and strength.

One more cheerful card- thank you Lisa831, for seeds of yellow bell pepper too, Happy and Blessed Christmas to you..
and can't help it saying again, to everyone, smile.

My dd wants to make spaghetti and cheese, I am making sweet potatoes with pecans, juiced 3 mandarins, we won't go hungry for sure...especially at times like these good to remember those who struggle, at war zones and at home, well being and peace, as always in prayers.

Bea

o

I received another pretty card today from Lisa831, penguins snow skiing. She included Lucky Cross Tomato seed. Lisa thank you for sharing with me. I will definitely be able to try different tomatoes this year. I know it is just Christmas but I can't wait for spring.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Nancy

o

Margarita, THANK YOU for the card and seeds! Gaillardia has always been a favorite of mine, and I'm becoming more and more of a zinnia grower. This year I'm wanting to make mixes out of each of the different types of flowers I grow, and the zinnia mix will help out with that. The morning glories will be in hanging baskets next summer, as well as on a 5-foot tripod in the middle of my perennial garden. I love how they re-seed themselves, don't you? With the new snow on the ground (I was really hoping for a brown Christmas, but it is northern Michigan... ***sigh***), it's nice to be able to dream of the sun, and all the different smells coming out of the garden. Some of my favorite smells come from brushing up against tomato plants, blooming lilacs, and of course, the smell of a nice afternoon rain.

Today I want to thank everyone for putting a bit of summer into my Christmas Season. The customers on my mail route have no idea how fortunate they've been to have people like you all helping me get through this Christmas season. Over the past few years I've gone from feeling like Santa to Scrooge somewhere around Thanksgiving. This year? I didn't even hit the "Scrooge" stage, and a large part of that has been finding your gifts of seeds and summer in my mailbox. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

o

I am so glad I joined this swap. I also most didn't. I was in the middle of a major pity party and thinking only of myself.

The posts here are so full of love and sharing it's impossible to maintain a negative attitude. My private party is over and I have a new perspective on my health problems.

Thank you all for sharing and caring. Y'all are the best! I hope you have a merry Christmas and a happy new year. I will be ending this year by planning a new flower bed and starting the new year winter sowing some of my new seeds.

Wishing you love and happiness

Margaret

o

Today I opened the mailbox and found two cards and three seed catalogs and no junk mail or bills.

Thank you sassybutterfly for the Rosie O'Day Alyssum and evening scented stock. I bet these are going to smell wonderful. Thanks to Brandi (risingsun) for the sierra gold cantaloupe and the tendersweet watermelon. I think it's almost warm enough to grow these now in this record setting heat we're having.

Merry Christmas to all my seed friends at Gardenweb. I appreciate all your cards, seeds, and goodwill.

o

I'm late again. Got all the presents wrapped, Christmas dinner started and the house half way cleaned. Looking foward to a wonderful Christmas Service at church with family. Thanks go to:

Lois, Odin, Thor and Jeff for the sea holly. I just love those plants.

Xiangirl - Heidi, I really hit the jackpot, I received 2 types of sunflowers, Autumn joy sedum, Parris Island Cos lettuce, black seeded simpson lettuce, that is always a staple in the garden, and cosmos.

nottougly - Zinnia, salvia, and lupine. All are favorites.

I don't think that I have thanked everyone. When Christmas is over, I will check to make sure I've gotten everyone.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Debby

o

Thanks Brandi for the lilac and lavender. :)

o

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas!!!

o

~*~Merry Christmas everyone~*~
Thank you to each and every one of you for making the holidays brighter :)

o

Merry Christmas

Margaret

o

Can you tell the message above is the work of a beginner?

I hate it when I mess up!

Margaret

o

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope your day is extra bright and blessed.
Finished my cooking, waiting for daughter and hubby to arrive , thought to take a moment with my 7-up on the rocks, all is calm, if it were a bright day-overcast now- it'd be good to sing Silent Night.
Love and wellness to you and for you, thanks for caring and sharing,
Bea

Margaret, thank you, your meaning matters...A's could be Christmas trees! :)

o

Merry Christmas everyone! Lets have a great 2012! dd

o

Thanks Bea.

Your terrific!

Margaret

o

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all! Have the most wonderful day!!

Annie

o

Merry Christmas to all! And some late thank you's to share.
Thank youto Katie/redthreaddiy thanks for the petunia, black eyed susan, blanket flower and hollyhock seeds. The summer carnival mix makes me wish summer were now.

Thank you to Lisa/pumpkingal for the deep rose milkweed and gloriosa daisy I can mark that off my want list now. yay!

And a thank you to Jasmine/jas-il for the gloriosa daisy. Yay I'll have plenty to spread around.

Thanks so much and a very Merry Christmas to all!

o

Dan, I'm glad you are happy with the seeds :) those seeds were from "seeds from Italy" catalog too haha :) and the package instructions were all in Italian.

Oops I missed a few thank yous in my last post!

Thank you to

flowergirl34 for thepurple clover (oh yay!) And feverfew :)

JMT2213 for the cabbage, luffa, peppers, and Pak choy :) yummy!

Redthreaddiy wow! Thank you for the super stuffed card with
tomatoes, marjoram, beets, salsify, hyssop, asparagus, and chives

Thank you to all, your generosity is greatly appreciated and my garden next year will be amazing. :)

o

Sorry I just found the site to post the following: I want to say a Big thank you plus a Merry Christmas to the following people for their wonderful surprise seed packets:

rbrady for bellflowers; lobelia; and gaillardia
flowergirl34 for rudbeckia; black eye Susan; butterfly weed and gloriosa daisy
lexiegurl for Joe Pye Weed; rubeckia and coreopsis
SJI1981 for New England asters
Faye Tilley for obedient plant

Thanks again to these wonderful seeds.

o

Thank you to Lisa831 for the Red Habanero Pepper seeds. I love hot peppers.

Thanks to Rick_in_VA for all of the seeds. There was a lot of great stuff in that card! Yellow Pear Tomato, Golden Jubilee Tomato, Red Habanero Hot Pepper, Jaloro Pepper Jalapeno, Garlic Chives, Rainbow Colored Sweet Bell Peppers, Pimento Select Small Bell Peppers, and a whole packet of Green Husk Tomatillos. My garden will be excellent next year!

Xiangirl sent mixed four o'clock seeds, Red Habanero Pepper, and Homestead Tomato. Thanks!

Here is a picture of my cat, Monster, terrorizing the Christmas tree:

o

SalsaCanner, your kitty looks a bit like mine. He's 17 now so theres no tree climbing going on :)

Not a very clear pic but here is my sweet kitty:
Photobucket
Thank you for sharing your pictures :)

o

Morning All!

I hope everyone had a great xmas. I mailed out a couple of last minute cards on the 24th, sorry Kym! Please add 5 cards to the list, I forgot to let you know about. I think all but 2 have gotten them.

I just went an posted on everyones rate and review that sent me cards...

Thanks again for sharing your seeds and xmas spirit!

Lisa/ishare

o

Oh thank you all,, I had the best holiday with my children,,grandchild,,papers every where,,smiles all around,,bags of presents,,every one talking about all my gardenweb cards,,just wonderful,,Happy New Year to all,, Lisa

o

Thank you to sassybutterfly_2008/wendy for the nice holiday card and Johnny Jump-Ups, Flambe Red Pansy & Red Peter Pepper seeds.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

o

margarita10 - sent me pretty angelic kids card with
Hot cyanne pepper and
california wonder pepper.
Love peppers and it will be fun growing them. Thank you so much.

amberroses, Here is the link for Primula drumstick

http://www.google.com/search?q=primula+drumsticks&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=FRr5TovlBsWpsQK39NSVAQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=571

Or you can google search and see the pictures and info about it. It's a pretty plant of 6-8" high and blooms early like tulips. Mine was white or purple flowered and I don't remember which one I sent.

o

Cute cat pics.

After the New Year, I plan to post on Rate and Reviews for everyone who has graciously shared their gardens with me this season. This was a fantastic swap and I look forward to enjoying the bounty and beauty of what I will be planting.

Margo

o

Hi everyone,...sorry I haven't posted in a while, but we've been busy, with Elly's brother visiting from Eureka, CA, and, otherwise, I don't know, we're just not really in the spirit anymore. For one thing, in my brother and SIL's card, Gene informed us Liz has/had breast cancer. They found out in October and later Liz had a lumpectomy. Her prognosis is good, but she'll still be undergoing 6 weeks of radiation and they're waiting to hear about chemotherapy. Then, yesterday started out good, but downgraded quickly because our son (who is autistic, incidently, for those of you unaware - 27 yrs. old, going on 3) didn't get everything he wanted from Santa (he has a list at least 10 miles long, a goodly portion of which is wholly unobtainable). Then, this morning, he cried and wailed for nearly 3--hours--straight;...still crying, sporadically, and just generally carrying on. I've been struggling to assure him the Easter Rabbit will definitely, definitely have more DVDs and toys, etc., for him. Good thing I took my low dose aspirin this morning. --sigh--

Anyway, I still have some thank yous to post...

Nancyplants - What a great homemade pop-up snowflake card, and what a great bunch of seeds! Leek - American Flag, Tomato - Polish Linguica, Tomato - Pineapple, Tomato - German Red Strawberry, Tomato - Jaune Flamme, Tomato - Japanese Black Trifele. Nice seed packaging, BTW! :)

RedThreadDIY (Katie) - A kewl, artsy Christmas tree card (printed on recycled paper stock), with a really nice, added wintery personal note and the following seeds: Tomato - Amish Paste, Tomato - Pineapple, Tomato - Green Grape, Tomato - Great White, Pea - Thomas Laxton, Leek - Large American Flag, Cantaloupe - Honey Rock, Hyssop - Blue Licorice, Bee Balm - Purple. Your seed packets are sensational looking! Very professional indeed!

ishare (Lisa) - Lisa, I am truly overwhelmed! Firstly, thank you for the uber kewl 3-D card! Secondly (but by no means leastly), wotta HUGE package of seeds!! You certainly DO share! All kinds of veggies and herbs! Tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, beans, cucumbers, corn...! Wow!

I'm tellin' ya, this SSSS has really meant a lot to Elly & I, this year especially. Thank you sooooo much, Kym, and everyone! God bless you all!

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 26, 11 at 23:56

I received some more joy in the mail right before Christmas:-) Thanks to Corrine1 for the Astrantia, Heuchera Firefly and Palace Purple, Cordyalis Lutea, Crocosmoia Lucifer and Spanish lavender.

Nlb (Nancy) sent me Coleus-my favorite annual:-)

Margarita10 sent me 3 types of ornamental peppers-Medusa, Peruvian Purple and Bulgarian Carrot Pepper. They sound awesome!

Redthreaddiy sent me a nice note and Hosta-blue, petunia-hot pink, and forget me nots.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great Christmas, I work retail so sometimes I find myself not being so cheery at this time of year, but you guys always perked me up:-)

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!!

Rhonda

o

Oh,...BTW,...dunno how many of you are aware, but RedThreadDIY (Katie) is developing a website called The Garden Hoard (www.gardenhoard.com). It's Down at the moment, but it will be up-n-running sometime in February and will be fantastic, I'm sure, especially for GW newbies methinks! ;)

o

I just returned from Christmas in Savannah with my neice and nephew and have received some more wonderful cards.
Many thanks to the following:
Canyonwind for a beautiful Santa card with Danish Flag poppies,Sweet William and Gaillardia "Sundance", some of my favorites! Thanks Ann!
Alwaysagarden for a real cute rabbitt card (a classic) and Gaillardia and red Poppy seed! I never get enough red! Thanks Cindy!
RedthreadDIY for a great Penguin card!Wow! what a bounty! Katie sent coneflower,sweet william,Stella de Oro daylily, bee balm, double shirley poppies, black-eyed susan, Gaillardia "Arizona Sun" and Shasta Daisy "Snowcap"!!!!! I look forward to her website and also sending a sase for 2010 seed. I have a huge piece of land to plant this year thanks to a friend. Thanks so much Katie!
ranegrow for her beautiful "Noel" card and Rudbeckia "Prairie Sun" and California Poppy seed. Love em!
Thanks Iris! I can't wait to plant them!
Sassybutterfly-2008 for her fantastic Ornament tree card and more "red poppies" (I love red) as well as poppy oriental mix and Danish Flag. Loveeeeee poppies! Thanks Windy!
Lexiegurl for her beautiful snowman card! Looks like my yard right now! We got 1 1/2' a few days ago! She sent Catmint,Yellow Scabiosa and Lady Baltimore Hibiscus. Can't wait to plant them!!!! Thanks Heather!!!!
flowergirl34 for a Big Holiday Howdy card! Fantastic!! Vina sent Gaillardia aristata and shasta daisy "Snowlady" I never have too many of either!!!! Thanks Vina!!!
Also to ,others who wonder where their cards went, I too sent out a lot of cards which seem to be missing but hopefully they will turn up eventually. I received several pieces of mail for an address a few streets from me today and I know it's due to layoffs at our post office and the overwhelming amount they have to deal with and with far less carriers this year. I'm confident the seeds will eventually show up.
Thanks to all who participated in this swap. It was fantastic!!!
dave (daveedgeguitar)

o

Merry Christimas All,

One more thank you to:

sassybutterfly_2008 who sent: Carrot Half Danvers, Lettuce Red Grand Rapids

Spring cannot come soon enough

margarita10

o

I have three more cards to thank people for.

Thank you to onedaylily for the Amaranthus Intense Purple, Leopard's Bane Little Leo, and the mix of balloon flower seeds. Can't wait to see what I get - they sound very interesting. Generous seed amount too.

Thank you to ruthz for Hibiscus Golden Bowl, Double Blue Balloon Flowers, and the Hopi Red Dye Amaranth. Those varieties sound great - can't wait to look them up and learn how to germinate them.

Thank you to JMT2213 for a card stuffed full with seeds! Wow! Variegated Red Leaf Hibiscus Panama Red, Yellow Hibiscus, Blackberry Lily, Sweet Autumn Clematis Vine, Formosa Lily, and yellow Evening Primrose.

Wow! Thank you all so much for making my garden great.

o

I got an amazing card from CORRINE1 with tons of new varieties of seeds!

Blue Salvia
Anise Hyssop
Yellow Sunflower
Astrantia major 'Shaggy'
Nicandra physalodes 'Splash of Cream'
Mixed Poppies and Columbines
Red and Green Castor Beans
Ornamental Corn - Earth Tones

I can't thank you enough! I am so excited to try these out, especially the ornamental corn. A lot of these I need to look up because I have never heard of them before (that's a good thing!). Thank you again and I hope you had a great Christmas and have a happy new year!

I have only 10 words right now for Bingo, doesn't look like I'll win, but I'm still playing. There's still hope! haha :)

o

I'm doing the seed dance again today!
Thank you corrinel for castor bean-red & green, nicandra, yellow sunflower, mixed poppies. You were one of the few who sent castor beans without crushing any!
Thank you risinsun for watermelon-tendersweet orange, watermelon-desert king and aster-red striped. My girls can't wait for these, too!
Heidi

o

Just when I thought I had received all the cards and seeds I was going to get from this swap, along comes another. Thanks Tanya (hapitatgardener) for the wonderful columbine and the cute card. Connie.

o

I finished posting in the Rate and Review Forum.

I have posted thank you's in this forum for all of the cards I received. If you sent me a card and did not receive an acknowledgement the P.O. or someone else must have it.

Several of the people I sent cards to have not responded. I hope they made it to their destination.

I hate to see this swap end. Thank you everyone, especially Kym for making it all possible.

Happy New Year everyone!

Margaret

o

Hey hey hey, another card with seeds today! - From Habitatgardener (Tanya), a wonderful "Holiday Cheer" card featuring three hungry (singing?) baby birds snuggled into a wintery nest of holly leaves-n-berries, on a snowy pine bough (our son, Roy, loves it...gonna have to scan a copy for him onto card stock), with the following seeds: Tomato - Brown Berry, Tomato - Cosmonaut Vollcov, Tomato - Cherry Roma, Hollyhock - Black Watchman. Thank you so super much!

o

Habitat gardener, thanks for the cardinal card and the pink tumbler tomatoe, white cherry tomatoe, the polish beans and the Croatia Joama tomatoe! Will be starting that one in just 75 days! Happy Holidays everyone, dd.

o

Found another card in my mailbox today. A post holiday treat. habitat gardener sent me some croatia Joauna tomato, Palo Alto tomato, Japonica striped maize seeds. I am excited to grow these varieties this summer. Thank you Tanya.

Margo

o

Hi everyone..hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I've received some cards that I haven't thanked people for. Sorry about that..just been so busy. Hope to be better organized next year!! First of all, I'd like to thank:
Habitat gardener..beautiful card with red/yellow columbine seeds. Thank you so much!
Lisa 831...another gorgeous card with cayene peppers. Love hot peppers..thank you!
I'm sorry to hear that there has been some problems in some of your lives this Christmas season..I will be praying for you. God is great, and He will make things right in this New Year.
I'd also like to apologize for the card that was returned to me, marked, "Refused". (Not mentioning names). I sincerely apologize if I did not have the correct postage..I just recently found out that if an envelope was "bulky", it would cost extra postage. I would have gladly sent the extra postage to the recipient, if had been asked!! It was just kind of a let-down, to have a card returned to me "refused"! Has anyone won the Bingo game yet? I just checked my words, and I have 12..although I may have missed some. Hope all of you experienced the real meaning of Christmas this year. I think this seed swap brings us together for that reason!

o
Forgot to thank someone

I forgot to thank one more person..Rane_grow..Thank you so much for the beautiful card. However, with the Christmas rush, I taped your card to the wall with the rest of them, and put the seeds with all of the other seeds, and now I forget which seeds you sent me!!!! I know I loved all of the seeds that I received..so thank you for which ones you sent!!!!!

o

I sure hope everything is OK with flowers4ever, our host. Hope she is just really busy with the holiday rush, company, etc. and is not sick or having more problems with what she shared with us earlier. You are in my thoughts everyday Kym as I know what you are going through with your daughter. Let us know you are OK.

o
Bingo

BLITZEN
COMET
DASHER
PRANCER
RUDOLPH
VIXXEN
FROSTY THE SNOWMAN
MRS SEEDY CLAUS

*My apologies, I got hit really hard with a bug..havent left bed in two days. **

How was your holiday ? I hope it was great !! Any plans for the New Year ? New Year Resolutions ?

o
2 more thankx!

I got 2 cards in yesterdays mail!! Thank you to:

RISINGSUN -sierra gold cantalope, desert rose (is that adenium?), snapdragons, desert king watermelon, & tendersweet orange watermelon! I am excited to try these varieties I have not yet heard of!

XIANGIRL - autumn joy sedum, gaillardia punchella, purple coneflowers, dianthus fandango, forget me nots!

Thank you! It was super exciting to get more seeds in the mail! Last night, I got about 50 milk jugs drilled and labeled ready to winter sow in! All i got to do is add the dirt and seeds and place outside! I have another 50 or so to get ready after this batch is out! I am hoping to wintersow at 200 milk jugs this winter. We will see how that goes! This is my second year winter sowing as well as my second winter on garden web! Happy sowing to all that do it and a very Happy New Year!

o
Feel better soon Kym!

Kym, I hope and pray you are recovering well. I sure hate all these bugs going around! Get well soon!

I need 8 more words until I have a BINGO. How many do you need to get one???

o
Thank You all!

This was my first time participating in Secret Santa although I've been a Garden Web member for many years. I want to give a big Thank you shout out to:

Heidi (xiangirl) for the lettuce and purple coneflower seeds;
Wendy (sassybutterfly) for the ststice and sunflower seeds;
Paula (paulan70) for the chamomile and calendula seeds;
Amanda (neohippie) for the okra and lemon basil seeds;
Amy (amoeba-meba) for the coneflower and gourd seeds;
Ann (canyonwind)for the lettuces and gourd seeds;
and
Janine (jaynine) for the sweet annie, calendula and lettuce seeds.

I feel so very blessed to have receive all of these seeds, and I am looking forward to seeing them sprouting and growing in the garden! Happy New Year to you all!

Hugh (Farmsteward)

o

Thanks so much to farmsteward for the beautiful candle card and the great moonflower vine seeds from her garden. I plan on lining my entire backyard fence with moonflowers, and you helped make it a reality! Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift of seeds :) I truly appreciate them!

o
RE: UPDATE:Secret Santa 2011 Thanks, and Bingo

Woops - I meant thank you to Hugh - sorry for calling you a girl!

o

I want to thank all the following great seed gatherers who sent me their hand picked seeds:

redthreaddiy for Mexican Hat; gaillardia; obedient plant, coneflower and rudbeckia
Xiangirl for helianthus; asters; Mexican Hat; gaillardia and coreopsis
Margarita10 for rudbneckia and gaillardia

Thanks so much - I want to try to start some of them inside before spring arrives. I hope everyone has a great growing season this year!!

o

I am heading south to see my son and daughter in law for the New Year. I am thinking positive and packing my flip flops. I sure hope I can wear them. :)

I still have a lot of words not crossed off yet. Eleven to be exact. I think I am out of the running for sure.

Happy New Year everyone. Margo

o

Thank you habitatgardenerfor the cute glittery puppy card and all the tomato seeds!! I was sent Super Snow white, palo alto, croatia joanna ymca, pruden's purple, tobolsk, and purple brandy tomato seeds!! All of these are varities I have never heard of, so thank you for including a little information about them in your card. I really appreciate these seeds and look forward to planting them in the spring!!

o

What a fun surprise to find 2 more cards after Christmas!

Thank you Lisa831 for the yellow pear tomato seeds. I will be starting these mid January to put out the first of March.

Heidi sent a great secret santa card she made. Its so clever I love it. Enclosed were nasturium seeds I was hoping for, thank you.

o

Thu, Dec 29, 11 at 12:28

I received a nice postcard from ComfreyComfort thanking me for the seeds I sent him this week. Garden friends are so thoughtful & kind.

I have 13 bingo words, so getting closer...

Happy New Year to all,
Corrine

o

MISTLETOE
NOEL
SPIRIT
TOYS
JINGLE BELLS

o

thanks for the well wishes and concern over my past two weeks..it has been really stressful, but I hope things are going to slow down now. My daughter brought home a puppy with her, a BIG Lab 7 month old puppy. I havent seen my cat since, and my dog is hiding in my room with me. lol

I would like to thank Jessica for the cutest Penguin card, I love how you put Merry Christmas inside of them !!

I hope everyone had a great time in the swap..THANKS to each of you for joining and sharing with others !! We will keep the swap open till New Years ...

Much thanks to Everyone for making this swap so WONDERFUL ! I will post final numbers and Bingo winner this week..again sorry for being a bit behind.

o

I want to thank for two more cards.

A big thank you to sassybutterfly2008 for a beautiful Christmas tree card with Lettuce 'newredfire' and snapdragons 'brighton rock'. Thank you so much. I love lettuce and very excited to try it since it's new for me.

A big thank you to Redthreadiy for a beautiful santa card with personal note about the web site and 8 packs of seeds. Wow! These are Eggplant black beauty,Basil 'Italian large leaf', Bell Pepper 'orange king', Tomato 'great white', Tomato 'monster', Moss curled Parsley, Painted daisy, African marigold 'Inca'. Very excited about specially tomatos, basil, marigold and painted daisy and can't wait to try all these. Thanks a lot

o

flowers4ever, so glad things are getting better. Maybe your cat will return and your dog will get used to the big puppy.

I have 18 Bingo words, only 7 more to go. Thank you so much for doing this swap again.

Nancy

o

Getting the mail this week isnt nearly as much fun! Thank you again to everyone that took part in this swap. I think I had as much fun reading everyones posts as I did receiving cards :) Thanks Kym for organizing it all!

Marking my Bingo card...no BINGO yet :)

o

Hey Everybody--

Don't get too depressed about the swap ending; it might not quite be over! I received a beautiful card and a generous pack of Japanese Maple seeds (including a leaf from one of the trees so I know what it will look like) from ishareflowers (Lisa). Thank you so much!!!!

--Jordan

o

Kym,

Did you ever post the card totals? I went back through a little ways, but couldn't find them. Hope your feeling better!

Robert

o

ICICLE
WREATH
SLED
GIFT TAGS
STAR

Nancy, I hope the animals will all get use to each other, we are working on it :)

Robert, I will post the numbers this weekend, once we get a BINGO Winner :)

o

I was away over Christmas and returned to find beautiful cards and unusual seeds from Tanya (Habitatgardner) and Margarita 10. Thanks!
Susan

o

Hi Kym, hope you are feeling better real soon. When you get a chance could you post a picture of the new lab puppy!

o

Happy New Years Eve to all.....be safe!!

This has been such a JOY sharing/giving with you all. Thanks to everyone who participated.

And THANKS again to our very own Santa Kym.

Bingo...getting close!!

Annie

o

• Posted by Pash 10 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 31, 11 at 13:35

Habitat Gardener,
Imagine my joy Christmas Eve when I opened your card and found a vegetable seed that I had almost given up on ever planting: Purple Peacock Broccoli. What a joy! And the Greek Pepperocini is much appreciated, I am looking forward to growing those for the first time, as well. Thank you very much!

o
3 more to go!

I am 3 words weather from bingo!!!!

o

I am making one new year's resolution - accumulate some stamps each month to prepare for this swap next year.

During the holidays and through out the year keep your family and yourself safe.

I love Secret Santas!

Margaret

o
bingo

A Christmas Carol
Jolly
Stand
Sleigh bells
Twinkle

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks Pictures, Images and Photos

GRAND TOTAL OF CARDS MAILED PER MY RECORDS.....Drum roll PLEASEEEEEEEEEE........... 1,627 cards

My goal is to always make sure each person hits 5 cards, and this year we surpassed my goal, thanks to each person for being SOO generous this year !!

Anyone interested in me starting a "group" on FB, for us all to keep touch during the year and share about planting out our wonderful seeds ??

o
New Puppy !!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is just ONE way I keep track of all the info for the swap, the other info is all done on spread sheets, and I keep them from year to year. This is the easiest way I have found for doing card counts.

Here is our NEW DOG...Marley. He is 7 months old. My daughter assisted in his delivery. He is really smart, and learning QUICK !

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

What a cutie~ Never a dull moment at your place! He'll be the smartest plant-lovin' dog on the block!
Heidi

o

I need 5 more words for BINGO. I have 20. This is so much fun.

o
kym

I would love a FB group for this! My opinion though is to make it a closed group. So many people always complain about posts from groups that their not in taking over their news feed. Its also good making it a closed group for privacy issues too..

o

Happy New Year! dd

o

~Happy~Happy~New~Year~ !!

May your harvest be bountiful and your flower beds filled with beautiful blooms!

Kym, Marley is adorable! I hope kitty makes friends with him.
Thank you for sharing the paperwork from the swap. You certainly did a wonderful job :)

Only 3 words away from a bingo.

o

HAPPY, LUCKY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!

Love the idea of us keeping in touch on FB, you've been doing great job Kym, thank you and all...love your new pup, Marley will be pampered, smile, best to you all with love, see you.

Bea

o

Happy New Year to All!!!

Hi Marley! Kym he is just adorable!! :)

o

Sun, Jan 1, 12 at 11:38

Seven more bingo words to go. Is it all over now?

Thanks for helping me wet my feet with seed swapping on GW. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! Make it your best ever taking each day as it comes with a good attitude. No matter the gardening weather you can always sow seeds!

Corrine

o

JOY
LIGHTS
CAROL

Thanks Marley is really sweet, and is FINALLY letting us sleep ! If I hear a bit more interest in a FB group I will set it up, and make sure to tell you how to not get a bunch of emails..etc. So, hope more people will like to keep in touch there !

Any BINGO this morning ??

o
kym

I would love a FB group for this! My opinion though is to make it a closed group. So many people always complain about posts from groups that their not in taking over their news feed. Its also good making it a closed group for privacy issues too..

o

Happy New Year to all. I need 4 more to BINGO. Sorry, but I don't do facebook.

o

Just did my first winter sowing with SSSS seeds. Got my mom and sister to do it with me and shared all the seeds with them. Will do more with neighbors once I get home. Can't wait for Spring now!

Happy New Year everyone!

o
Learning...

Sorry my post repeated itself. I'm learninghow to use my kindle fire I got for Christmas and it must have posted. When I refreshed the page. I am 2 words away from bingo!

o

I only need 1 WORD for bingo....
Heidi

o

2 words away from bingo... looks like many of us are very close!

o

I would like to give some belated thank you's:

Lisa831 for some tasty Golden Queen Tomato seeds
nottougly for red sun sunflowers and snow drift marigolds
xiangirl for a really cute handmade card with red velvet sunflowers and gaillardi punchella
onedaylily for pam's choice foxglove, alba foxglove, and fragrant cloud (yay!)
flowergirl34 for the milkshake coneflower
Paulan70 for the chamomille
Jeff, Lois, Odin, & Thor for white foxglove

I am so excited to get planting! Thanks for your generosity and I'm sorry to just now tell you how much I appreciate all the goodies :) I'll pop over to the rate & review forum and leave some feedback shortly.

Dbannie04 (Alyssa)

o

CHRISTMAS TREE
HOLIDAY
ORNAMNTS
SEASON

If you get BINGO, post here, then send me an email...let me know if you want the Angel to be a PIN or ORNAMENT !( Only first person to post will win)

thanks for playing !!

o

I still need one more to Bingo. I sure hope I haven't overlooked that one word.

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 2, 12 at 20:09

Happy New Year, Everyone!
I think I have some explaining to do - bear with me!
Ever since I joined GW, I've followed the Secret Santa threads, didn't quite understand how it worked, never asked and never joined in.
I finally had some time to read the posts (amazed at everyone's generosity!), imagine my surprise to thanked so many times for the cards and magnets!
What happened is this: I had a huge box of Christmas cards, many, many years worth, and this year I decided to do something with them - thus the magnets. Figured they would be great little, inexpensive gifts - decided to send them to all the FOTESS members and others in GW whom I have swapped with this year. Also to family, friends, Bunco group, neighbors, and strangers out on the street (just kidding!)
SO that's the explanation as to why I didn't send seeds with them, in case anyone was wondering!
Lisa/ishare, Rose and all others - I lost your addresses when my computer crashed - Watch out for Valentine's Day!
I'm so glad everyone liked the cards/magnets, I had fun doing them, plus got THAT box out of the attic!
All righty then, back to taking down the tree. For all of you with cats: do you have to search under the furniture and in all the nooks and crannies for ornaments before putting it all away?
Shirley!

o

I just got back from South Carolina thinking I would go through the posts and see a Bingo winner but when I went down through the new posts, I found I was able to cross off several words that have been posted while I was gone and I believe I have BINGO.

I will email my list of words to flwrs4ever to make sure.

Smitties

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here