Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Sant Swap Games and Recd Cards (#3)

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

PLEASE post here for thanks yous...conversation...and GAMES !!

FIRST GAME !!!! FOR THIS GAME, PLEASE MAKE UR GUESSES ON THE FORUM..ONE GUESS PER PERSON..( NO CHANGES) ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS

1. TOTAL NUMBER OF CARDS SENT IN THE ENTIRE SWAP

2. HIGHEST NUMBER OF CARDS RECEIVED BY ONE "GOOD SWAPPER"

3. HIGHEST NUMBER SENT BY ONE ELF ( I WILL NOT SAY WHO, THIS IS JUST FOR FUN..NOT ABOUT SENDING THE MOST)

4. WHO WILL RECEIVE THE FIRST CARD

5. WHO IS GONNA RUN THE FASTEST TO THE MAILBOX EVERYDAY ? LOL

SO, ANSWER LIKE THIS...

1. 1 MILLION

2. 1,000

3. 500

4. PERSON WITH THE EARLIEST MAIL DELIVERY...LOL

5. SPEEDY GONZALES ...LOL

" Happy Mailboxing " and Santa is still waiting on MANY to report on WHO they are ELFING TO !!!

Comments (149)

• yotetrapper
    14 years ago

No cards yet, but thats ok, cos I did receive a couple trades I was doing.

• nlb52
    14 years ago

Hello to all , i received 3 wanderful cards, 1 from Pririewinds with green wizard rudbeckia and golden marguerite , 1 from Melissa Isamae with poppy drama queen,and a pretty hand made card from Micyrey with rudbeckia cherry brandy, i,m sure looking forward to seeing these wanderful flowers . thanks to all and Happy Holidays. nlb52- Nancy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Holy Crap I got 7 yesterday!!!

Dusty314~Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans,Purple Morning Glory,& Zinnias

Mojo1967~Tomato Blend,Brandywine Tomato, & Hollyhocks

Prairiewinds~White Datura &Golden Margurite

quiltingfox~Giant Zinnia

daisyb~Tall zinnia,Lavender Cleome & White Datura

perky barb~Red Hollyhock

mao tse mom~ Annual Sage,Citrus Gold Sunflower, Ballerina Datura, & ......Ipomoea luteola!!!!

THANKS Everyone!!!!!!

later...April

• daffodillady
    14 years ago

So much to be thankful this year: my month old grandson, my daughter moving home and living two doors down, my DH's continued employment, a wonderful church that loves the Lord, good health, a landlord that allows me to have as many pots of plants as I desire- as long as I keep them neat and tidy, and great cyber friends here on GW (-:

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    14 years ago

Yippee, another card (and a very pretty one, too)!

Thank you so much, Farmergirl2009, for the garlic bulbils, cantaloupe, and chinese forget me nots. My roses will thank you for the garlic, too!

Lois in PA

• hotwheel_tim
    14 years ago

hi
    I got my 1st cards yesterday, I didn't keep the seeds with the cards and don't know what seeds went with what cards(mom says next time to keep them together till she gets them on the list)
    I got cards from
    oswego
    prairiewinds
    hibiscusfan
    dusty
    I don't rember what card it came in but someone sent a small photo album, I'm using it to put my little seed packets in.
    thank you for my seeds and cards.
    timmy

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

I received 3 cards so far....

Thanks to Amanda (neohippie) for the nasturtiums, eggplant and tomato seeds...
    Carol ( just one more hosta) for the Calendula - stickers on the seed bag too!!! Your packaging is always lovely
    and Barbara( ten steps ahead) for the 4 o'clocks and johnny jump ups.

Can't wait for January to start planting.
    Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• riley17
    14 years ago

WOw I'm having an AWESOME day! I LOVE BINGO!!!! and I got a super huge packagein the mail today it was from dirtdaddy! Thanks so much for the bag of egyptian walking onions!!!!!! I thought I planted enough onions last year because I planted 130 some in April and they were all gone by August, so I'm really excited to plant more!! Also, the elvis card was super cool, and thanks also for the luffa seeds, heirloom tomatoes, cauliflower early snowball, and Connecticut field pumpkins. I cant wait for next spring!!!!!!!!!! (and bingo :) )

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

****************PLEASE READ ***********

I dont want to sound like scrooge, but PLEASE dont post peoples REAL names on the forum !! Our screen names are here to keep us all safe, and sadly I know someone that had a serious problem on GW...so PLEASE....only thank with screen names. IF, someone left a screen name off the cards..then use first name only...THANKS BUNCHES !!

Also, PLEASE go to the rate and review forum and post a nice thank you for your cards.

I LOVE hearing all the fun and excitement on this swap !! It truly makes my season alot more fun !! It is what the real meaning of "Christmas" is all about...

SEND ME your bingo cards today !!

Feel free to answer..or take a guess...

1. Why does Santa have three gardens ??

2. What do snowman eat for breakfast ??

3. What Christmas Carol is a favorite of parents ?

• pseudacris_crucifer
    14 years ago

1. So Santa can go "Hoe! Hoe! Hoe!"

2. A bowl of snow flakes (or Frost Flakes, I suppose)

3. As a parent, I know this one: Silent Night.

Merry Christmas!

• bagardens (Ohio, Zone 5b)
    14 years ago

I got my first card today! I have to admit I was starting to feel a little left out.

Thank you very, very much thinking_stomach for the Red Ruffled Sweet Pepper.

Now I hope that my mom (Sandy2) got her first card today too. I wonder if her mail came yet. I hope she got one, we have been guessing who would get the first card, would be nice if it were both of us.

Thank you again, thinking_stomach! Now I am off to look up a picture of the pepper. I believe I have heard of it and think I know what it looks like, but I will have to see. I can not wait to try it, I love trying different things!

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Looks like I am to slow....pseudacris_crucifer has all my answers :o)

1. So he can Ho Ho Ho
    2. snowflakes
    3. silent night!!

Still waiting for the mailman... *tapping my fingernails on the counter*

• quiltingfox
    14 years ago

Glad to hear you are doing better Spiritgrove. Ruthz hope your family is doing well.

Thank you to Ruthz for my first Christmas card which contained Rose of Sharon single lavender with maroon center, Sweet Pea "High Scent", and Heavenly Blue Morning Glory.

We actually had snow for 5 hours yesterday evening. Sadly is all melting now, but was really fun to see big flakes falling from the sky heavily. Hope we get more snow this winter. :-)

Best to you and many thanks,
    quiltingfox

• Alphie
    14 years ago

I received a card today from thinking_stomach. Thank you so much for the Japanese Pickling & Louisiana Long Green Eggplants. I can't wait to try them!

I have a door with lots of little windows that I am taping my cards to. I sent out cards today. Can't wait for people to start receiving them.

Happy Holidays to All!

Don

• mojo1967
    14 years ago

Just recieved my 3rd card, this one is from Dusty314....WOW...this is sooo exciting!

Thanks Dusty314 for the Zinna & Morning Glory, they are both favorites of mine!

see ya,
    mojo1967

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

It's still snowing here, but it's not going to last.

I got a homemade card from Micyrey. I love the snowflake. It contained Amaranthus seeds. Thanks a bunch.

On a side note...anyone else notice that some cards that say "hand cancel please" are not hand canceled. So far I have not noticed a problem with the seeds. Just an observation I made.

Happy Mailboxing everyone!!

Heidi

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

I wrote FRAGILE PLEASE HAND STAMP on every card ... the postal clerks stamped them right at the counter while I watched ... they were really nice about it ... I hope all the seeds I send out make it unscathed ;-) HO HO HO !!!

I am really enjoying this swap ... its just as much fun waiting to hear when everyone starts to get the cards and seeds I sent as it is finding one in my own mailbox ;-) I had to run an errand earlier in this freezing rain and actually got out of the car in this mess to check my mail on the way back ... LOL ... the mail hasn't run yet ... serves me right ;-)

~Iris

• dirtdaddy
    14 years ago

Got a card this afternoon! Squash, tomatoe and pepper seed! These are what I plan the garden around. Thanks soo much Patti1957!
    Also, do we need to write "hand cancel" on bubble wrap envelopes?

• sandy2_gw
    14 years ago

Happy Holidays one and all!

I received my first Christmas card and 3 wonderful special seed packages of angel trumpet, hollyhock & hibiscus all from YOTETRAPPER.

Thank you ever so much! My daughter (bagardens) and I had our own little contest going and who was going to get the first card. Lo and behold we both received our first card on the same day.

Thanks again yotetrapper! Looking forward to making my own little 2009 Santa Wish List garden plot come spring 2010. Won't that be interesting?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy2

• sheriannricherson
    14 years ago

My first two cards arrived today! Thank you so much! The past few weeks have been trying for me and I have not been in the holiday mood at all. These cards really cheered me up.

The first card was from poisondartfrog. Alana sent me Salvia austriaca. I am so excited. I have wanted yellow Salvia for some time now!

The second card was from hdiperna. Heidi sent me seeds of a white liatris. I had purple but not white. I can't wait to get it growing so I can add it to my flower beds!

Thanks so much!
    Sheri

• maozamom NE Ohio
    14 years ago

ishareflowers sent me a card with two of my most wanted seeds, ravenswing and tigers eye rudbeckia, and now I'm doing the happy dance. I really appreciate them and I'm looking forward to seeing them grow next year.

mao

• riley17
    14 years ago

I got two more cards today!! Thanks so much Ourhappyhome and Ggwrn!!! Ourhappyhome sent break o day tomatoes, green grape tomatoes (yay grape tomatoes! ), cauliflower snowball, and long island improved brussels sprouts!! Thanks! Ggwrn sent little gem lettuce, and white veined dutchmans pipe vine (ooooh! neat!) Thanks so much! The cards were cool too ourhappyhome sent one with a christmas tree on it and ggwrn's card had little baby angels on it!
    Thanks so much!
    Holly

• chere
    14 years ago

Just stopped by to say

to Pam P. and Alana H. for the seeds and cards I received this week.

>

• dorisl
    14 years ago

Hi Iris!

Thank you so much for the santa card and for the cukes, poppies and basil!

D

so far Ive got more cards than you guys than RL people, we're pretty slow out here!

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

I GOT 5 CARDS TODAY !!!!THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
    1.Micyreysent me a wonderful homemade card and white swan cone flower!!!
    2.Mojo1967 sent me a very nice homemade card and peaches and cream corn!!!
    3.perkybarb sent me a pretty blue card with christmas trees and 2 packs ceyenne pepper seeds!!!
    4.Barbara sent me a beautiful card with snow covered trees and hardy hibiscus blue river,sunflower"pacino",baby blue eyes nemophila and red canna!!!
    5.msirie sent a SANTA card with canna seeds!!!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hello friends,
    I am so excited,i received cards today as well.

Spookycharles, OMGosh,what a cute card,that has to be your dog,a lab?I am a cat person, but if ever i were to have a dog, it would be a lab.Love it,and i love the Dusty Miller Seeds,thank you so much.

Micyrey,Thank you also for the Butterfly,host plant seeds,Cinderella,,i have posted before that i am starting a butterfly gasrden,next year,Tracy send me a wonderful book about butterflies,and i did not know you need a host,and a food plant.Thank you so much. :0)
    Your card is so nice,It reads:
    Share a seed,make a friend,
    Plant a seed,start a life,isn't that so true,today, you have done both.

Ishareflowers,I received Dusty Miller seeds from her also, on the hosta forum, some one posted a picture of the most beautiful flower bed,pink in the center,and surounded with Dusty miller,i really want to try to do the same, so the seeds will sure be used,and i hope it will turn out as nice as the one i saw,i will post a picture if it does.
    And she also sent me some,Tiarella Silverado,would these be the same as the wild ones, i will look this one up.Thank you Lisa

AND,,,,,I KNOW,,,,I feel so happy,

Isamae sent me some Digitalis,white with speckled center,sound really pretty, i LOVE,white plants, thank you Isamae,and the Gnomw card is so cute.
    cAROL

• pseudacris_crucifer
    14 years ago

I had my gall bladder out yesterday, which was no fun at all. So three cards today was a real treat! Thank you - thank you - thank you.

Our_happy_home sent cabbage (next year kraut!), two kinds of black tomato, and crookneck squash

WLB52 sent walking onion bulbs (and thus gets "double elf points" as I promised in my wish list :)

and poisondartfrog sent my favorite type of squash: Galeuse d'eysines (AKA Peanut Pumpkin) - so tasty, such a nice soft shell, which I learned last year is NOT appropriate for cooking squash soup in the shell. you want a hard shell for soup, something that is not so easily pierced by a ladle...

• yotetrapper
    14 years ago

I got my first card today!!!

From OURHAPPYHOME

Thanks for the BIg Zac tomatoes ( a variety I didnt have!!)
    Scarlet Nantes Carrots
    and Mokum carrots

Yayyyyyyyy I got a card!

• ourhappyhome
    14 years ago

Yahoo! I got my first card today too. Thanks Patti1957. Along with the lovely card, I got two things I've been wanting to try, carrots and a white 'mater - lovely.

So glad my cards are getting to their destinations. I marked mine just as dan suggested. Seems to have worked fine.

Thanks All
    April

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Worked all day on my living room walls,sanding joint compound which I put on yesterday,what a mess! Took a break this afternoon to get my mail and received a wonderful surprise,my first card,from prairewinds with sedum frosty morn, green wizard rudbeckia and blue delphinum. This is fun, made my day, thanks Carol for the seeds and card.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

2 more today!!!

ptp813~White hollyhocks,mixed sunflowers,& liliput zinnia!

mopar360~Brandywine tomato!!!

Thank YOU!!!

later....April

• crisann
    14 years ago

Wow -- 2 cards today!! Went Christmas shopping this morning and had cards in the mailbox this afternoon -- what a perfect day!

oswego sent me some red velvet cockscomb

and

rane_grow sent me some yellow hibiscus

Both types of seeds sound beautiful -- thank you both very much!!

crisann

• lisa831
    14 years ago

I recieve a card from Booberry85 with ornmental pepper seeds,and 3 new kinds of tomaotoes,Dr.Carolyn pink,Plum Lemon,Garden Peach, Thanks You

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

What Im most thankful for this Christmas is first my Family has their health.But today,My sister had borrowed my car last night and we had our first snow and the roads where real icy.She slid in the ice and flipped my car on its side.Praise be to GOD she was not hurt just shaken up.She is my baby sister and I could not imagine anything happening to her.Thank GOD she is ok.My car is banged up a little bit but to heck with the car.Also Im very thankful for my gardenweb family.I wish all of you a safe,healthy MERRY CHRISTMAS...VELSGARDEN

• agnella
    14 years ago

Okay, apparently the mail lady does NOT like to see me run to the mailbox because every time I don't check it, I get a card. Hubby checked the mail and came in saying, "Mail call." I got a lovely silvery snowflake card from micyrey with...yippee! red amaranthus. I can't WAIT to plant it.
    I am really enjoying hearing what everyone else is getting as well. Today, I went to the post office with a handful of cards but they were closed. Found out that they are closing a half hour earlier than they usually do. Trying to patiently wait till Monday.
    Oh and I think everyone needs to post pictures of their secret santa gardens. I would love to see everyone's.

• dorisl
    14 years ago

HEY can you crazy elf guys help me out? Ive got a native species that Id be able to send out, shoot me an email with your name on it or the name of a santa participant you know who might like them. Ill at leaST KEEP the exact species secret.

Clematis too, I have a big envy full of some seeds.

:)

Im looking at as many lists as I can, but time is tight for me.... and since your holding me hostage and stuff...

:)

• spookycharles
    14 years ago

Just1morehosta, I'm so glad to hear that the seeds made it safely, and yes, that's one of my puppies on the card. That cupcake is, Moby, a 170 lb newfoundland, but he's our highest energy dog and definitely has as much energy as any lab.

And I received another card today, thank you so much for the hollyhock seeds! They're my mothers favorite flower, but this year was our first year growing hollyhocks here and the rabbits and deer really appreciated the fifty hollyhock plants I put out - not good. But we put a fence in place to protect them for next year and really look forward to these beautiful red hollyhocks.

Thanks again,
    Amanda

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Hello All! I recieved five cards!!

Ggwrn - Thank you for the cinnamon basil, black cumin, and echinacea!!

Micyrey - The homemade card is Beautiful!!! Thank you for the peoney poppies!!

Dusty314 - Thank you for the morning glories and the chamomile! I can't wait to try them!!

Hibiscusfan- Thank you for the Basil and the Coneflowers!!!

Perkybarb- Thank you so much for the purple coneflowers!

I am having so much fun with this!!

-kat

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Good morning friends, hope everyone is keeping warm and well.
    Wow, Vel, thank goodness your sister is allright, she must've been driving slow on the ice, always good thing to do.

Fun reading what everyone got, riddles and all.

Forgot who is NEW to GW and needs seeds?

Who recieved 1 or no cards yet?

You are next on my mailing list.

Been preparing cards-first went to old friends - I've been on GW as long as Melinda ( Ilovefarac) and she was one of my very first to trade with)-unforgetable friends, some like relatives-their addresses in my address book.

I've got bunch of seeds thanks to some of you too , from the swaps I've been doing lately, wanting something different and knowing most everyone would like, most of my cards go out tomorrow, love doing it.

* And as long as you love 'em so, let it show, let it show, let it show"

Bea

• keiki
    14 years ago

I mailed mine yesterday, feel like Im late. Seems everyone was more organized than I. I haven't received any yet so maybe my senders are on the same schedule as me. I do love reading what everyone is getting. Thank you for doing this!

• msirie
    14 years ago

During this season of giving, I am giving thanks for my health and giving thanks for my family and friends. Life is more precious when we pause to appreciate our small gifts in life.

Vel, I hope your sister is alright. Sending good cheers for you both.

Yesterday, I rec'ed more cards. Thank you all so such for brightening my day. Everytime I look at the cards on my mantle, I feel so blessed for knowing such a great group of people. I love you all!

Perky Barb send me a package of Hostas. I still didn't get a chance to get my seeding soil yet. They will be one of my earlier sows. Micyrey send me a handmade card with double gold rubbeckia seeds. And I also rec'ed a homemade card from Spookycharles. Thanks so much for the zinnas.

• isamae
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, I received 2 cards yesterday!
    Rane_grow, your card was a bit damaged (with a sticker from the post office that said received in damaged condition) but the seeds are perfectly fine!!! Thank you so much for the King Arthur bell peppers!
    Msirie also sent me bell peppers!! Thank you Msirie
    I am so excited to try and grow these this year. Melissa

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happy Sunday !!!

Pseudacris....Hope you are on ur feelng better soon ! I had mine out 4 weeks after my son was born. Was having attacks during my pregnancy and they kept tellin me it was false labor. Hope you are doing well !

Velsgarden, I am so thankful your sister is ok !! Cars can be replaced...sounds like she is lucky she wasnt hurt !!

Dorisl is determined to mail..we kidnapped u Doris, ur suppose to just ENJOY this season !!

Agnela...too funny ! It happens to me too, if I go out, it is only bills..lol My father trades baseball cards, and we always "race" to the mailbox...

Keiki, and all others....PLEASE dont get discouraged...I have asked many elves to slowly mail their cards..to allow the "RECEIVING" to last until Christmas !!!!!

I still need reports from a few people...would you kindly email me...so that I can finish up on those that need some cards.

To those that offered to help me with a second round of cards, THANKS, the list has been going around..I update it and then send to the next person.

Thanks for all the Bingo Cards, words will be posted today...feel free to post that you got words...just not which ones :D

Had about 2 inches of snow last night..sure made it feel more like Christmas...

Have a wonderful Day !!! (Im off to my sons "Superbowl game")

• ggwrn
    14 years ago

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but I received 2 more cards.
    ishareflowers sent purple majesty millet (the birds will love that) and KMOTGG which I think might be variegated.
    wishdesign sent hot pepper "fish" and bee's friend. We got 2 bee hives last spring, so I am trying to get flowers that the bees will like. Thank you both very much!

Ginger

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Thank so much to perkybarb for the cockscomb seeds and lovely Christmas card! Thanks alot! My first one! Melinda

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    14 years ago

Things I am grateful for...

- My DH who always makes me smile..

- My garden and friends to share it with..

- This morning's view from my kitchen window.

{{gwi:343495}}

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Good morning all,
    I have a similar snowy view. Isn't it beautiful!! I really hate driving in the snow and ice, but I love to look at the snow on the trees. Makes it seem more like Christmas!!

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday.

Heidi

• carol57078
    14 years ago

Thanks to rane-grow for the cucumbers and profusion zinnia seeds and to oswego for the cockcomb seeds. Can't wait for spring to start planting!! Thanks, carol57078

• dusty314
    14 years ago

I recieved cards from Isamae, rane_grow, and ggwrn. All these new flowers and veggies!!! :) Stayed up to late looking them all up to see what they were!
    So nice! Thank you all.
    Dusty

• dorisl
    14 years ago

"we kidnapped u Doris,"

its OK really, its just that, well, I CANT DRINK NO MORE HOT COCOA? ROFL!!!!

HEE! NICE CUPPA earl grey tea instead?