Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

update: secret santa..sending, receiving, games part 2

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

WOW, we really are burning up the threads...PLEASE POST HERE WHEN YOU MAIL OR RECEIVE A CARD...Also join us for the fun games...

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS COMING SOON !!!!

Comments (149)

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

I got my cards out today!!!! yeah me so a few folks will have a little something in a few days!

Mary

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    15 years ago

Received 2 cards today:

From Christina: Rrrred! California poppy (Card made me giggle, too!)

From crisann: Larkspur, johhny-jump-up, PLUS two kinds of forget-me-not!

Thanks so much to both of you for sharing your gardens (and bubblewrap) with me. I am starting to look at my garden in a whole new way now that I know someone might actually like to trade for the seeds in a rose hip or in honeysuckle berries.

And thanks flwrs4ever for starting this thread!

Lois in PA

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Hey! I would say "Wesolych Swiat!" In polish.

I got my first cards today!!!!
    Okay so one was from Theresa (theas) It contained:
    Castor Bean (never had this!)
    Plumeria Mix (OMG I REALLY WANTED THIS!)

Another was from Sue(Suecirish)it had:
    Orange Flowerd Burgundy Leaved Cannas (Really like these only have the single red flowered variety.

Kamil

PS: Mail out the rest of my cards today!!!

• elf7
    15 years ago

I BELIEVE IN SANTA ! I BELIEVE!
    Thank you so much for the cards and the wonderful seeds!
    I am sending out a group hug.
    Thank you Morguegirl!!!!!!!!
    Thank you daisy_lee!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Pseudacris_crucifer!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you carol57078!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you GardenWeb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is where the music starts......

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I did manage to get my cards out today.
    I also received 2 more cards today:
    A lovely birdhouse card too cute from:
    isamae/Melissa MOON AND STARS WATER MELON A BIG THANK YOU!!!
    (and you COULD try to put one in a corner one will not take up much room hon!)
    An absolutly adorable snowman card from:
    wishdesign/Jean
    Corkscrew Vine- Vigna Caracalla OMG THANK YOU!!!
    Kale 'Redhor'
    Yard Long Bean 'Red NOODLE'!!!
    Jean oh man, THANK YOU, although that just doesn't seem to convey how much I REALLY appreciate these seeds (I appreciate EVERY pack but these Oh MAN!) I have wanted these since forever for the Corkscrew vine and since I saw the others in a wish book!

I absolutely can not tell you all how much these seeds I have received so far mean to me. I could not purchase my most wanted seeds it would just be way to much, but you all are making this the bestest Christmas ever.
    I too like Kym NEVER, NEVER, NEVER recieve anything EVER for Christmas and to get these seeds, some of which I actually begged to be able to purchase and was told we couldn't afford to order THOSE seeds well,,,I'm just gonna cry with being overjoyed!
    Thank you all again! You really have made my spirit soar!I am so thankful I joined this swap!

Nikki, those A.'Honey Bee Blue' smell like licoric they smell SO very good! Don't smell them too much though, it'll make u sick...lol, YEAP I have...

Kym, oh honey...I am SOOOO sorry you are sick..that sucks so much. I hope it is a quick thing not one of those that last for days on end. I'll be wishing you a really fast recovery dear.

Good luck on you Kidney stone surgery proudgm_03, I hope you a really speedy recovery and hope you aren't too sore.

Hey, everybody else.

:) Fran

• threas
    15 years ago

~Kym, hope you feel better soon!
    ~quiltingfox,
    Here's a couple of snow pix from a freak snow storm about 1 1/2 weeks ago. It was a nice snow. It stuck on the trees but not the street & was gone the next day.

{{gwi:576378}}
    {{gwi:576380}}

~Amy(morguegirl),
    Here's some pics from my garden of your seeds.

VARIEGATED KMOTTG-
    gorgeous foliage!
    {{gwi:535049}}
    Interesting variegation!
    {{gwi:513619}}
    KMOTGG with Morning Glories
    {{gwi:545137}}
    {{gwi:545136}}

BES VINE
    'SPANISH EYES'
    {{gwi:513608}}

Theresa

• threas
    15 years ago

~Kym, hope you feel better soon!
    ~quiltingfox,
    Here's a couple of snow pix from a freak snow storm about 1 1/2 weeks ago. It was a nice snow. It stuck on the trees but not the street & was gone the next day.

{{gwi:576378}}
    {{gwi:576380}}

~Amy(morguegirl),
    Here's some pics from my garden of your seeds.

VARIEGATED KMOTTG-
    gorgeous foliage!
    {{gwi:535049}}
    Interesting variegation!
    {{gwi:513619}}
    KMOTGG with Morning Glories
    {{gwi:545137}}
    {{gwi:545136}}

BES VINE
    'SPANISH EYES'
    {{gwi:513608}}

Theresa

• pufftrinket
    15 years ago

Hi all! glad to hear that some have received their cards from me. I really enjoyed making the envelopes, hope they held up OK.

I got a packet of Lobelia from Isamae today! thanks!!!!

• carolynp
    15 years ago

Oooh, I got my first card today! Nancy (retsec) sent me spinach, pumpkin, turnips, and two kinds of radishes! Thank you so much!!

• spookycharles
    15 years ago

Sent out a pile of cards this morning (and have another pile in line to go once I pick up some more stamps).

I also received another one - thank you so much Becky (proudgm_03)! I've really been wanting to try the Celosia 'Burgundy'. Celosias are one of my favorite plants but I had moved away from growing them because they didn't fair well in the shade, but now I have lots of sun and wanted to get back into celosias. These 'Burgundy' seeds will be a fantastic start.

And thank you also for the Monarda 'Marshall's Delight'. Bee balm is another plant I wanted to try in the sun and what a gorgeous cultivator it looks like the 'Marshall's Delight' is. I'm ready for spring now!

Thanks so much,
    Amanda

• crisann
    15 years ago

WOW, Santa left me four cards in the mailbox today! My neighbors were probably laughing at me as I skipped back to the house with the mail. :)
    Here is a list of all the goodies I received:

mpmom -- 4 o'clocks, yellow primrose, sweet autumn clematis, hosta and phlox.

isamae -- hosta

chellflower -- 4 o'clocks, bigfoot hosta and climax hosta.

ptp813 -- salmon queen zinnia and fan leaf cypress vine.

Thank you all sooooo much!!

crisann

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

Kym so sorry I missed the directions on emailing the game answers (cheeks red with embarrassment). I just got so excited that you actually did a game that I could figure out. I'm not any good at the Christmas riddles games or hangman. :-) I guess it's good I didn't figure out all the answers. My humblest apologies.

Threas and pseudacris_crucifer thank you for the snow pictures. I haven't seen snow in years. Anyone out there building any snowmans that they can share photos of?

Best to all,
    quiltingfox

• goldfishliberator
    15 years ago

Yay! I got a card today from Dan/dan_the_mailman! I can't wait to see these lovely Shasta Daisies growing next to the workshop door.

This really is a good pick me up during my law school final exams and my hard drive going kaput yesterday. Thank you!

All my cards went out on Monday. I can't wait to hear that people got them.

Thank you thank you!

Kathryn

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Woohoo! I got my first seeds today! Isamae sent me hosta seeds...thanks! My boys are gonna plant these in their Hosta bed that they started last spring.

Kym & proudgm_03, y'all get better soon so you can hurry back to the forum!

• chitownladyd
    15 years ago

Ditto Fran & Kym,

Christmas I've felt, was just for the little ones. Didn't expect much - didn't receive much. I would usually try to grant their wishes and not expect anyone to do the same for me, but not this year!

You guys are super! Oh and thanks to Yi (wind red) for the lobelia cardinalis!!! I am so looking forward to my "red" bed this summer. I have the perfect spot for it. Unhh huh, unnh huh! Oh happy day!

Wishing all of you the absolute best holiday ever!

LaDonna

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ohhhhh, look at all the wonderful seeds, and cards!

Theresa, I made it home to PA this past summer, It sure was a wonderful trip ! Thanks for the snow pictures !

Thanks for the get well wishes, I am sure Ill be fine tomorrow...hope no one else gets this..sure isnt fun.

Proudgm....I hope all goes well for you tomorrow, and you have a speedy recovery !

quilting fox..I am SURE no one will be upset for "cheating" on the game...LOL Seriously, it is no problem, I just worried everyone would start to follow and post the answers...LOL I guess that would of been ok too, as I like the "prize" , LOL

• kiddo
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the snow pictures ...just love them
    I got a card today from my fellow texian dirtduches
    those cosmos are going to look great in my garden Thank you so much
    Kiddo

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone, went straight to mailbox after work tonight and YES!! I received 2 cards!!
    THANK YOU BOTH - how did u know? lol
    Lisa/ishareflowers for the joe pye weed & S.D.COREOPSIS
    Theresa/threas for the bes vine & var. kmotgg
    (the batting is a good idea)
    As I said this gives a whole new life to getting the mail!
    Kim feed better soon:) proudgm good luck tomorrow
    I also mailed my cards today.

Annette

• booberry85
    15 years ago

WhooHoo! I got the word scramble! Thanks for the hints.

Becky

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Elf7 guess you got my card, glad you enjoyed it.

Threas, thanks for the great pictures, that KMOTGG is really pretty, and the Spanish eyes BES vine is a great color. thanks again

Amy

• sunset_in
    15 years ago

I received more cards again today. Thank you isamae for the poppies and thank you wishdesign for the corkscrew vine and cup & saucer vine.

Karen

• flowers1
    15 years ago

Santa stopped by my house tody and left seeds from:

carol 57078
    crisann
    tesgrov
    paula
    margarita 10
    mommyto2
    morguegirl
    isanae

Thank you all so very much.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

Hi!! i keep forgetting that i'm here!! **big grinn**
    ok, i have recieved from poisondartfrog some cup and saucer seeds!! she is so sweet!! i didn't even ask for them! she kknew mine didn't make it, though!! (((HUGS)))
    and from holly pattee datura "ballerina purple"
    and from carol allen spinach mix and datura double purple angel trumpet and an awesomely cute winnie the poo christmas card!! which of course talla took off with!!
    Thank you so much i'm so sorry i forgot to post about them earlier, i have been trying to get a few things done along with getting this website done, ya know, i hear the biggest thing is to blog, so we've been doing this, uhhhh its been interesting!! LOL because of course i want to put ALL the info i have, and my biggest problem is the putting of my seeds packages on the site. so people can copy them if they want to, and not just one or two, but a whole page!! LOL and cool ones!! **big grinn**
    and then,,most of you know i homeschool, well we arent even mid year right?? tabor is already almost done with the whole entire year's worth of work!! i was figuring 1/2 way thru he'd be done, but not 1/3. o.k. i'm done. LOL
    i'm still happy!! **big smile**
    Happy Holidays Everyone!!! ~Medo

• seiko_gw
    15 years ago

I've got cards!
    Thanks cottageflowers for foxglove, larkspur and columbine seeds.
    Thanks Kiddo for poppy seeds.

I feel I'm a little girl waiting a letter (treasure) from Santa.
    It is really warm up my heart!

BTW, Kiddo, you are still close to me and what a coincident you used to live in Magnolia!

- Seiko

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

Kym I do hope you will be feeling better soon. You know you are just to darn sweet you attract everything even bugs. LOL
    Dan IÂm new here but still was saddened to hear of your loss. IÂm adding you to my prayer list. May you find comfort and joy during this special season.
    Proudgm_03 I hope the kidney stone will be dealt with quickly and you will be feeling well even faster.
    Bernie

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

What did the dog breeder get when she crossed an Irish Setter with a Pointer at Christmastime?
    A "pointsetter"!

What do sheep say to each other at Christmastime?
    Merry Christmas to ewe!

What do sheep say to shepherds at Christmastime?
    Season's Bleatings!

Recieved my first Christmas card today from Margarita10- with seeds for some beautiful red cannas. Love them gardenias. Thanks so much. Ya made my day :-)!!

• dirtygert
    15 years ago

Second card came today with goodies from daisy_lee ---'Happy Lights' and 'Black Currant Swirl' hollyhock, Prize Strain sweet peas, 'Sutton's Apricot' foxglove, 'Yvonne's Salvia' and a mix of her favorite dahlia seeds. Thanks so much to my fellow New Yorker, Carol.

Not only will these look beautiful in my garden when they bloom, it makes it possible to save my own seeds like you veteran seed savers and traders do so I can swap in the future. This year I bought seed packets and split them so I could take part in this SS swap and I have had a blast going through the threads so I could send a card with seeds to this one and that one. I only wish I had my own seeds to share so I could be more generous. I'm looking forward to being able to swap in the future.

My cards haven't gone out yet, mind you, but should be ready soon. Kym, I'm so glad you posted over on the WS forum. I probably never would have come to visit the RR forum otherwise and I so have enjoyed reading everyone's posts --- seeing their wish lists, "received" lists and witnessing the obvious friendship, cameraderie and generosity of everyone here. Thanks for the invite.

Kathie

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

I got 3 cards today!!!!!!!
    kerai...4 o'clock's

margarita10...shasta daisy's

Lesa...jackmenil clematis
    4 o'clock
    daylily seeds
    hibiscus
    sweet autumn clematis
    pink phlox

Thank you all so very much!!!
    Hugs ,
    Dorothy

• perennialfan273
    15 years ago

I got a visit from Santa today as well. He left me some dame's rocket, lunaria, and several other seeds that I can't remember right now. I have a very good long term memory but my short term memory is terrible for some reason.

Thank you Alana (poisondartfrog)

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Wow!!! This is SUCH a great swap! If it ended today for me receiving, I couldn't have been happier! I received two cards today... Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee! And, those boys are SO wonderful... I LOVE the card... And, I thought my little darling was a cutie... you got double trouble there!

Thanks Chris (pseudacris_crucifer) for the seeds!!! This particular variety made my day as I saw that you noticed another post I had written to actually try to help you some... amazing! It really touched me that you sent those... thanks! That's bigger than looking at my wants... again, wow!

Thanks also to a very generous Christina (thinking_stomach). You rocked my world with those varieties and how many you sent! What got me the most that stood out (well, other than that HILARIOUS Santa card) was how much detail you put on the packets to help those you sent them to. Wow!

WooooooHoooooooooooo!
    WooooooHoooooooooooo!
    WooooooHoooooooooooo!

*smiles from ear to ear while doing the happy dance*

Blessings,
    Angela

• patrushka
    15 years ago

I received my second lovely card today. dan_the_mailman sent me a packet of mixed Cleome. Thanks so much Dan. I can't wait to enjoy the beautiful results of the seeds I've received.

Thank you Kym for hosting the swap. It's been so much fun sending and receiving. I hope you are feeling better.

proudgm_03 wishing you a speedy recovery after your kidney stone removal.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Great cards everyone.

I'm glad to see that one of my cards have made it to their new home. There should be a lot more in mailboxes today!

Theresa, those bes and var. kmotgg are gorgeous! Thanks for posting pictures.

I know I'll be stopping home for lunch today...okay,okay I'll really be home checking the mailbox but aren't we all!

Happy mailboxing (hmmm.. I think we have a new word)

Lisa

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

I received cards today from:
    cottageflowers-I received mock orange(i have wanted this forever)and birdhouse gourds.
    appaloosa 909-mortage lifter tomatoes.
    Thank both of you so much.Have a very Merry Christmas
    velsgarden

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angela, I am so terribly sorry to disappoint you..but you will have to keep watching your mailbox..LOL

Thanks again for the well wishes, doing a bit better today, just cant eat yet..I am working hard on getting caught up on the emails..and I will be posting the game soon too. I was hoping to start the new thread with it.

Lisa,Happy mailboxing...that sure should be a NEW GW phrase !!

Anyone object to us keeping this swap going to Christmas ? I have people emailing wanting to send more, or still send..and I still have my cards to get out..If anyone objects..then feel free to let me know..*GRIN*

Although that does mean Ill have to keep you entertained with more games...hmm...are ya tired of them yet ?

Ok, I will be back soon...with some fun games, and I cant wait to hear what comes in the mail today !! This has been HO HO HO fun !

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

IÂm excited to report that I received two cards yesterday - one from ISOMAE which contained Penstemon  HuskerÂs Red seeds and one from ISHAREFLOWERS with Penstemon -Mexican Red and Coreopsis Limerock Dream seeds. I am so happy to receive these long time "wanted" seeds  thanks so much!

If you werenÂt on my list to send to, I will be sending each of you a card with seeds in return! As a matter of fact, in the Spirit of Sharing this holiday season, I will send a card with seeds to anyone in return that sends a card to me!

Thanks again,

Lisa

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

I just heard from one person that they had to pay some postage. I truely apologize if anyone else had to. I took them to the post office and they weighed each and every card and put the postage on there. I don't know why at least one card came postage due.

Please forgive me if it happend to anyone else!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lisa...I hope ya have lots of cards and stamps, What if everyone sent to you ?? LOL ( just kidding) That is really nice of you..

Daffodilady thanks for the jokes..too cute !

Anymore ways to say Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays Mark ?? or anyone...I am enjoying learning...

Ok, I feel like a new hangman...anyone want to play ??

THIS ONE IS A QUESTION.......AND THE FIRST ONE TO POST THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION, WILL BE PUT IN THE DRAWING FOR THE "PRIZE"...

_ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ /

_ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ ?

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Good Morning Kym! Glad you are feeling a bit better.

May I have an M please?

Bonnie

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

can I have an "R" please?

• seedmama
    15 years ago

I received a card from chellflower today! Thank you so much for the red canna seeds. They are perfect for winter sowing. I'm so happy!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

THIS ONE IS A QUESTION.......AND THE FIRST ONE TO POST THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION, WILL BE PUT IN THE DRAWING FOR THE "PRIZE"...

_ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ /

_ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ R ?

no "M" sorry

Thanks Bonnie ! Here is the "M" and "R"

• godsgardener
    15 years ago

I sent out my cards yesterday and received four cards so far! Thanks Threas, Markcase1964, Poisondartfrog & Cottageflowers! I received some nice seeds I can use.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, I just took my daily walk to the mailbox..and OMG, it was FULL !!!!! It is going to take me all day to open them all...you all are just too kind to me !! I thought I was giving, and WOW am I receiving.

Yesterday I received a wonderful package from retsec, she sent me a PLANT ! of Candy Apple Ice Plant, and some bulbs, and sunflower seeds. I just cant say thank you enough !

I also recd a beautiful Santa card from Jenny, cottageflowers, with some AWESOME seeds...verbascums, which were one of the MOST WANTED on my wish list, and CHOCOLATE salpigloss, which will go so nice in my chocolate garden..

YIPEEEE, and now I have more to open..I am going to take my time and enjoy them..then I will post again.

THANKS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR MAKING MY SEASON EXTRA SPECIAL !! and to think this is a gift that will just keep giving....AWESOME !

Kym

• maozamom NE Ohio
    15 years ago

Suecirish sent Dianthus 'Rainbow Loveliness' from my list and from aphroditelaughs I received two verbenas, red castor beans, delphiniums, and amaranth. Thank you both for the lovely cards and the wonderful seeds. I'm doing the happy dance here.

I don't know which is more fun. Fulfilling the wishlist of others is wonderful and opening cards is also great. Luckily I get to do both.

mao

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Yipee another card today! Thanks Yi/wind_red for the leeks and the rainbow carrots...I KNOW Jordan will love to eat those next year.

Kim & Jordan

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK........here is an update for you...I dont want to give away our totals BUT I thought it would be NICE to share a little tid bit of info...

THERE ARE 73 PEOPLE OUT OF 146 TOTAL THAT ARE RECEIVING "OVER" 10 CARDS...SO HOW IS THAT FOR

F-A-N-T-A-S-T--I-C- ????????? WHOOOO- HOOOO !!

Ok, happy Mailboxing !!!

• patrushka
    15 years ago

That really is FANTASTIC Kym!!! There are a lot of generous Santas here. Mailboxing is such fun! I love hearing what everyone received.

Can I have a W in the hangman game please?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

**************THIS THREAD IS NOW FULL, PLEASE COME TO THE NEW THREAD ******************************

NO MORE POSTING HERE, THREAD HAS MAXED OUT, COME TO NEW THREAD....NEW QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN POSTED ON 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GAME !!

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

mailed my cards today

• tergrov
    15 years ago

hey
    My husband ask me what i wanted for christmas i said im getting them lol thanks so much got your card today love it melanie miller