Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap; bingo and thank yous continued.

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Hey everyone. This is Krystal, Kym's daughter. My mom is out, so i have been watching the posts to make sure it didn't get full. My mom will be on later with the bingo words, and feel free to keep on sending thank yous to everyone. :) Thank you to everyone who helped us out this year, and to everyone else for helping my mom make this work. She loved doing the swap and is having a great time talking to everyone even though its over. Have a great Christmas everyone !

Comments (119)

• graanieb
    15 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

Thank you for being great friends, hope you have a blessed day.

Grandson Dillon, 9, left a note for Santa to sign, decided with a friend to both do the same and compare notes afterwards, to see if it's one same signature, clever and funny. Won't be long before the doubts are tested, ah the age of innocence!!!

GB, Bea

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Aloha Everyone, and Merry Christmas!

If you are one of the numerous GardenWebbers who sent me a Get-well card, seeds, or a Christmas card, you have my thanks! :)

It has been a joy getting all these lovely cards and gifts of seeds, and I am sure the positive energy is helping me feel better.

I am doing a bit better in regards to my health. Resumed seed trading and other gardening activities. :)

I am still waiting for one more surgery but because this issue is not life threatening I could be waiting several months. I have been learning some pain management skills to help me get by until I can be scheduled for surgery. Continued prayers for my complete recovery would be a blessing.

Apparently the folks in the dozen dozen tomato swap got my address. TY to whoever passed it on. :)

Thanks very much to EVERYONE in this Secret Santa forum, especially all you cool peoplez that sent me cards and well wishes, occasionally containing the seeds I was most interested in!! Very kind of you.

Your seeds and cards made me smile really big every single day they arrived. Apparently, joy is great medicine! :D

Happy Holidays,
    Iris (grovespirit)

• louisianagal
    15 years ago

Came home from an out of town trip on Dec 23, and had 2 smore Christmas cards and seed gifts. Thank you and Merry Christmas to Huong/hmle2217 for the Black Beauty eggplant seeds and cosmos. Thanks and Merry Christmas to lhmkc of New York for the tons of seeds: wildflower mix, stocks, Tennessee coneflower, mugwort, hyssop, cilantro, wormwood, poppies, and calendula. Wow!
    Laurie

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

Intelkid;
    The seedlings are Eastern Red Cedars. According to the two sites that I had checked out, they can be trained as bonsai trees. I hope they will work for you:-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonsai Trees and Basic Care

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Grovesprirt, you MADE my Christmas, I am soo thrilled to hear that you are on the mend. I shall keep you in my prayers, and I am so glad you enjoyed all the cards!!

I just wanted to come and say Merry Christmas to you ALL, and thanks so much for making this a wonderful Christmas, thru the swap, and your giving to make this a special holiday for my family.

My kids have had a wonderful day !! I am off to have dinner with them, and then play some games.

I hope your day has been special.

Kym

• crisann
    15 years ago

Hope everyone is having a wonderful and safe Christmas!!

Crisann

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone! ( I can't smell anything but turkey and rubbd sage) lol

I hope that everyone had a wonderful day, filled with the people, places and things that make the holidays special for you!

Iris, I am so happy to hear you are on the mend!

Personally I will be starting to sow all of my perennials tomorrow and thinking of all of you as I do it. I think I might create a special GW Christmas flower bed just for you

thanks again for all of the wonderful seeds and cheer, when I really needed it.

Happy New Year too

Frances

• intelkid
    15 years ago

daffodillady, Oh ok Thank You. :) I wasn't sure what kind these were, except evergreens. Yes.. info. about how to train these just right would need to be looked for. Thanks for letting me know.

Merry Christmas :)

-David

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Iris (grovespirit)
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Gald you are feeling some what better. There's alot of great people here!
    I know they made this a great Christamas for me. Loved all the cards and the seeds were a bonus!
    ((HUGS))
    Dorothy

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

David,

Eastern red cedar is a great bonsai trees. They are primary succession plant. They thrive on harsh, almost uninhabitable locations. Cracks of rocks on the edges of mountains, desert condition areas, gravel lots, even growing in the cracks of asphalt.

Training a bonsai tree is not hard. The web sites daffodillayd sent you are great. Have some fun researching them. Bonsai trees can be addictive! I have several I have grown. One of mine is over 30 years old and is only 2 feet tall!

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

David,

Eastern red cedar is a great bonsai trees. They are primary succession plant. They thrive on harsh, almost uninhabitable locations. Cracks of rocks on the edges of mountains, desert condition areas, gravel lots, even growing in the cracks of asphalt.

Training a bonsai tree is not hard. The web sites daffodillayd sent you are great. Have some fun researching them. Bonsai trees can be addictive! I have several I have grown. One of mine is over 30 years old and is only 2 feet tall!

here is one that will give you a guide to grow from.

{{gwi:1318252}}

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bingo words.......we should have a winner....

cards
    holiday
    stockings
    tradition
    sleigh

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

BINGO

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

I got BINGO LOL I to hurry!!! LOL
    Dorothy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

way to go Dorothy !!!!

I will get your prize in the mail asap...

that was fast..you must have been waiting..LOL

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Great Job Dorothy!

Hey Kym, where's my prize for getting the first card! I know it was chocolate, so Dan probably ate it! LOL!

• taz56
    15 years ago

Congratulation Dorothy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan

• flowers1
    15 years ago

Congratulations Dorothy. Let us jnow what you're prize is when you get it. Here are my thank yous for the Christmas cards and seeds. Sorry, it has taken me so long to post them. A very merry thanks to:

sheri
    penny2638
    louisianagal
    margarita10
    crisann
    ptp813
    isanae
    kiddo
    morguegirl
    mommyto2
    carol57078
    shareflowers
    daffodillady
    riley17
    ilovefarace
    proudgm_03
    maria
    lisa 831
    lisaM 627_Ohio_Z6
    sybil
    play in the yard
    sandlapper rose
    kerai
    paula
    tesgrov
    quilting fox
    taz 56
    micy rey
    ellen

Amy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just wanted to thank you for making our Christmas soo special this season !! This is Krystal and Kevin, and they want to say THANKS !!

Mark, Didnt you read where Dan came and ate all my chocolate ??

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Congrats on Bingo Dorothy!!! Way to go!

I recieved my prize (word scramble)...an adorable Christmas star with jingle bells on it. The boys decided we should hang it on the door so we can hear it chime when someone comes in/out. Thank you Kym for such a wonderful swap..and for the games/prizes.

I hope everyone's Christmas Day was as wonderful as ours, and I wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

Off to start my wintersowing!
    Chell

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Congrats on winning Bingo Dorothy!!!

Kym you have 2 gorgeous kids there!

:) Fran

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone
    Thanks Susan for the headsup. I had been watching since last night.
    Waiting for the words, DH was on the computer and I had to run him off.
    The kids were all showing up for a paint ball war. Everything going on at once!LOL
    Thanks Kym for the game it was alot of FUN
    Dorothy

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Congrats!

I was only off by two for bingo.

Thanks for the info on the bonsai. I have read a lot about bonsais many times over. Info on the specific kind is good guidance. Thanks :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

-David

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

Wanted you all to know I'll be getting to the rate and review to post in a few days. Christmas winding down finally thank you all
    Annette-playintheyard

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Hope you all had a beautiful Christmas and now relaxing more.
    Yesterday, I've gotten nice card and seeds-2 pkts of Joe Pye Weed and Sweet Basil from Wendy-Wenders67, took 6 days to arrive but it made it, good wishes always appreciated, thank you Wendy.

Grandson's grace should've been: Bless and protect us dear Lord and thank you for the pasta and the cupcakes. lol

Much more left to be said,
    All the best to all,
    Bea

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

I received a wonderful surprise card full of seeds from Kym, flwrs4ever. She completed my wish list and even some she knew I wanted but didnÂt list. So I can now say I got everything on my wish list!
    THANK YOU KYM first for being such a wonderful friend, second for inviting me to join this swap and third for all the wonderful seeds I received from you and the other generous gardeners here. ItÂs been a fantastic experience that will continue to delight for many years to come.
    ItÂs a wonder the card made it here and a good thing she taped the seeds to the card. The envelope was barely holding together by two opposite corners and a note from Krystal and the bubble wrap were sticking half way out.
    Kym sent me:
    Queen AnneÂs Lace (IÂve wanted these for a loooong time and look forward to pressing them and using them on my greeting cards.)
    Anemone, White Wood & Pink Japanese
    Phlox Dwarf Beauty
    Toad lily
    Lillium, White/Pinkish Throat
    Brug seeds

IÂd like to thank everyone for making the holidays all that much more fun then it usually is. I hope youÂve all had a wonderful Christmas and 2009 will bring you all good health and much joy.
    Happy New Year!
    Bernie

• sheriannricherson
    15 years ago

HI everyone. I had given up on getting any more cards then today the mailman brought one from Just1morehosta! What a lovely little felt envelope the seeds came in! She sent lupine (which I love and did want more seeds for) and bluestem grass seeds.
    I had been out earlier today removing agastache and the tall yellow primrose stems from the garden as well as adding more rocks under my draba and getting this card just made my day.
    Again, thank you to everyone and I hope more of the cards I sent have arrived. I know this is a busy time of year so I am hoping the receiptants just have not had time to post.

Wishing everyone a happy new year!
    Sheri

• graanieb
    15 years ago

I must tell you my grandson 9, agreed to say the prayer, simple player I told him, decided to ask us to hold the hands at the table, that was the highlight of the season for me, he wanted to bless us all, our food, which for him included spaghetti with cheese, then later some cupcakes, after all the food he could've had, which was after all, secondary.

Kym and everyone, thank you for making this season extra special.

Lucky New Year 2009.
    Bea

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I thought I was through receiving cards and today I got a wonderful card from dirtduchess with moonflower bush, Texas star hibiscus and birdhouse gourd seeds. I love them all. Thank you so much. This has been a wonderful swap.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I recd the most wonderful box of crackers....oh, ok...the gifts were IN a cracker box...LOL

There was the cutest slipper sox, an ornament, candy, and two tea towels..( I hope I didnt miss anything) What a wonderful surprise, and I had to fight my daugther for the socks...LOL

thank you so much anadarko rose, I am so glad you enjoyed the swap !

Thanks again to you all for the gifts, and seeds...This has been the very best Christmas...and I cannot wait to see all the blooms this spring and summer !

IF YOU HAVENT JOINED THE BDAY SWAP, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COME AND CHAT OR POST PICTURES OF YOUR BLOOMS THIS SUMMER, ID LOVE TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU ALL !!!

• wind_red
    15 years ago

yiipeeeee~~
    I got another card today!
    thank you so much luvgardening2 for the bodacious corn and ground cherry!! and the cute christmas card! XOXOXO

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Susan/taz56 can not post pictures with her computer.
    So I am posting a note and a picture for her.
    She wants to thank everyone for all the wonderful cards and seeds.
    Susan

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I have a question for you all, I want to host a swap. It will be something like a THANKS! I wanted that swap, it will be a want list swap only and after the What's on my want list swap is finished.
    I will give everyone time to update thier list and send things in but I want to get everything mailed back to everyone by the first week of March. Would anyone want to sign-up for a swap like this? I would like for folks to have time to still "Winter Sow" this will give you a chance to get in some last minute wants and maybe share some more of your left overs.

Kym gave me permission to mention this here, IF you would be interested please email me and tell me you would like to join my intended upcoming swap or something like that so I will KNOW you want to join and then let you know when it is posted and you can go sign up....

:) Fran

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

As anyone heard from Kym lately??? Is she ok???
    Just checking.
    Dorothy

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

Dorothy Kym posted yesterday go back five posts and you'll see her last post. I received a sweet e mail from her last night and see seemed fine. I'm sure the holidays have been physically exhausting for her and she is most likely getting some well earned rest. At least I hope she is.
    Bernie

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

When I returned from vacation, I had a card, a gift, and many seeds from Kym. Kym, thanks for
    The snowman towel as my prize for being the 100th sign up,
    Morning Glory, Chicory, Hardy Hibscus, Cleome, Okra, Blue Barlow, Zinnia, Luttuce, Dill, Carrot, Gypsophila, Marigold, Sweet Corn, and Yellow Butterfly Weed (yes). All of that in one envelope. Thanks Kym

Sounds like many of you have had weather problems. When we left home on the 21st, it was 11 degrees. As we drove south into Texas it was a little warmer, but still not warm. We left Galveston on the 22nd finally started to get some warmer weather. The first day in port was a beautiful sunny day and nice and warm. At the Mayan ruins we got a little rain shower, but we didn't mind being a little wet. By Christmas day we had arrived at Cozumel and enjoyed a day on the beach with the temps in the mid 80s. I can say that it was the most non-traditional Christmas that I have ever spent. My son and DIL that live in Africa have been with us most of the month and her parents also went on the cruise. We came back and visited another son in Texas, then my 97 year old mother in southern Oklahoma, then our daughter in Oklahoma City for a couple of hours.

I have not had time to go to rate and review yet, but I will be doing that soon. My company leaves today. This has been a fun swap and I have enjoyed meeting all of you. I am anxious to start winer sowing. Thanks to all. Carol

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dorothy, I am here, thanks for being concerned..the dr gave me a new med to try and it has really knocked me on my butt...I am also having some computer trouble..but all is well.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas !! Was santa good to you all ?? Wishing you all the BEST New Year !!

Kym

• wishdesign
    15 years ago

Wow, I got another card today! It totally made my day, so thank you Nancy (luvgardening2 for the corn, beets, and 2 types of carrots! I need to re-plan my garden plots again. :)

Happy new year, everyone!

--Jean

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

I'm sorry that I haven't posted earlier. I haven't been able to get online for a few weeks. Than you Santa for fixing my computer. AND A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SENT ME CARDS !!! I am still so amazed at GW members generosity (but not surprised ... generosity seems to go hand in hand with gardening.

THANK YOU TO:

Lisa(pumpkin1): pony tails, Poppy mix in flower shaped growing medium
    Alena H.:Saint JohnÂs Wort, Gompherna
    Amy: Roma tomato, Opalha Tomato
    Bonnie(HighAlt) Gomphherna, love lies bleeding, Ascleias tuberosa,
    penstemon prunifolious
    Melanie(Kiddo): Butterfly weed
    Cottage Flowers: Penstmon Digitalis, yellow foxglove
    Seiko: Love lies bleeding red, Love lies bleeding green
    Dirtdiggin: tomatoes...Mortgage Lifter, Caspian pink, Costoluto, Alicante, Amish Paste. (plus a wonderful homemade card)
    Kathy Osborn: I was very touched by the angel. Thankyou also for the seeds.

kim

• godsgardener
    15 years ago

I just wanted to share something that someone sent me in an e-mail and thought maybe some of you would like to donate all the cards you got on this swap to a great cause.
    Here is the information:
    St. Jude's Ranch
    We are accepting used, all-occasion greeting cards from November 15, 2008 thru February 28, 2009. You can mail your donations to:

St. Jude's Ranch for Children
    Card Recycling Program
    100 St. Jude's Street
    Boulder City, NV 89005

here is their website for more information

Here is a link that might be useful: St. Jude's Ranch for Children

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Update here with some cards and goodies I've received over the past few days. Hope I don't miss anyone.

I received a thoughtful card from Wenders67. Thanks Wenders!

From quiltingfox/Sandra I got a nice card, and Joe pye Gateway, and Trifolium Incarnatum, 2 things I recently discovered I needed. Thanks Sandra!

Lastly, I received a wonderful card and envy stuffed with goodies from GraanieB/Bea and Mary. They sent me Romaine lettuce, fennel (I hear the butterflies like that too), eggplant (had been meaning to try that sometime so 2009 must be the year for that), Cress, Zucchini, White hyacinth bean vine, zinnia mix, Lantana 'Carlos', and Coral Vine. What wonderful surprises. Thanks Bea and Mary!

Again, thank you all for the wonderful cards, seeds, and spirit of giving that has been shown here in this great swap. I have enjoyed it all so much, and hope I didn't forget to acknowledge anyone here.

Now, if I was just caught up on getting some free seeds or seeds for postage together to be mailed.

Sue...off to catch up a few emails, reviews, and pack some seeds

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I love the idea of sending cards to St Jude...Thanks so much for letting us all know.

Is anyone else interested in Joining the Bday seed swap ?? Only one more day to join, and keep the fun of this swap going......

WE WILL BE DOING THE SECRET SANTA SWAP AGAIN NEXT YEAR, SURELY HOPE YOU ALL WILL JOIN AGAIN, AND START MAKING, OR GETTING SOME CHRISTMAS CARDS !!

THANKS AGAIN TO YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS SUCH A WONDERFUL SWAP AND FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIPS, AND SPIRIT...

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND THE BEST GROWING SEASON !!!

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Thank you Kym for hosting the Secret Santa Swap and Games!
    It was great.
    I have Posted Thank Yous to all the Cards and Seeds but I am Still working on the Rate and Reviews.
    If I miss someone in the next few days PLEASE email me.
    I want to make sure I give everyone a great review.
    I am in the In the B-day swap and have already have gotten one card! Thank You also for planning it!
    Dorothy

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

I'm going to send my cards to St Jude's also and sent off an email to see about ordering some Birthday cards as well.

Jordan and I have been having fun wintersowing some more. I'm holding off on some of the cute seeds some of you sent to her until it warms up a bit...I don't want to risk them being too delicate. So far the only things we did were hardy vegetables and perinneal flowers.

Kim

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

Just wanted to wish every one
    A HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the Very Best in 2009!
    Bernie

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

I recieved another Christmas card today!
    A beautiful hand made card from Denise!
    Thank you so much,
    Dorothy

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Happy New Year! Good health and good luck.

Best wishes, will have lots more eventually.

GB,Bea

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Hey Kym,
    I got my prize for the bingo game!
    Nice large cup! Love it and the candy! LOL
    Thanks
    Dorothy

• rbrady
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!

I went to wintersow some seeds last night and it dawned on me that I forgot to thank Angelady(Angela) for some seeds she sent me. It was a beautiful hummingbird card with two packs of seeds in it, Delphiniums and Russell Lupines. A very belated THANK YOU! I am sorry it took me soooo long to post!

Rhonda

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Oh, Rhonda.... I'm just glad that you posted it! I sure do hope they grow big and beautiful for you.

Blessings,
    Angela