Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixiesluvplants

UPDATE: Petal Pushin' Some Christmas Cheer #2

pixiesluvplants
16 years ago

OK I DO HAVE TO APOLOGIZE ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE LOGO, (couldn't get it to size right)

Some GW Rules... You MUST be 18 to participate in this exchange. Please read both the Special Instructions for the Exchanges and the more general Forum Instructions. IF are not a member of Petal Pushers please contact Sassy for a questionnaire. New Members are always welcome and strongly encouraged to join.

OK NOW FOR THE GOOD RULES!!!.............

Since this is the Busiest and probably the most EXPENSIVE SEASON of the year this DECEMBER SWAP will NOT be a box swap. Yes I said "IT WILL NOT NOT NOT BE A BOX SWAP!!!"

Its going to be a Christmas Card Swap.

RULES ARE......... Each pal will send their partner a Christmas Card. (Homemade, Store Bought, It doesn't matter). CATCH IS..... Each pal will tape a penny (yes a penny) to the card and either on a a note or on the card itself, then write a Garden Blessing for the coming year so your partner will have a Penny and a Blessing. The recipient (sp) will then plant the penny in our flower pots, gardens or where ever. This way we will all have our Pal's Blessing for our Gardens all year long. You have no idea how far a penny and a blessing will go.

You may also wish to send ONE pack of your favorite seeds with the card for your pal to plant the penny and Blessing with. Just as long as there is a penny and a Garden Blessing.

Signups will be until the 2nd of Dec.

Partners will be posted on the 3rd of Dec.

Cards should just go out in time for your parthers to receive them by Christmas

Have fun and Happy Holidays.

Comments (150)

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I wanted to share these lovely blessings that Melinda sent to me.

May the raindrops
    fall lightly on your brow

May the soft winds
    Freshen your spirit

May the Sunshine
    Brighten your heart

May the burdens of the day
    Rest lightly upon you

and May God enfold you
    in the mantle of his love

and

Guiding stars above you
    Sunshine on your way,
    Many friends to love you
    Joy in work and play.
    Laughter to outweigh each care
    In your heart a song,
    And gladness waiting everywhere
    All your whole life long.

The Blessing I sent to Tracy really took some digging, but the proverb came right into my head, it is a real favourite of mine.

Good evening ladies, stay safe and warm and send 'wet' vibes south.... there are clouds, maybe we could squeeze a few drops of moisture out of them!

Frances

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thats beautiful Frances, such a blessing!

Totally understand that Jeanne.

I hope everyone is Blessed this Season.

Trina

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

I am such an incurable sap sometimes...

lol

Everytime I think/hear this:

"All of the Flowers of all of the Tomorrows are in the seeds of Yesterday."

my brain goes into convulsions, this is an old Indian (North American Indian) proverb that is so true, it hurts and it applies to so many things...

My granma used to say it and still every time I hear it, I get the "why? What if?" syndrome.... heavy reading tonight

lol

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Frances, I had pangs when I read the proverb. It rings so true in so many ways. I will always remember that saying for all of my days.

Those were beautiful blessings that Melinda sent to you.

Jeanne, You are so welcome. I am wishing you much health, joy and happiness in all your days to come.

I am flush with the Christmas Spirit tonight. All of you are so refreshing! I am heading out to Jack's Christmas performance at his school. They will be singing Silent Night. I know I will cry.

Tracy

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I am off until Sunday.
    I hope everyone has a great weekend! :O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Good Morning Everone,

We had a very nice time last night at the Christmas Show. The kids were so cute. Everyone was dressed up so nice and they all did a great job singing! They learned sign language to the words for most of the songs. I thought they were just going to be doing hand motions but they signed all the way through Silent Night. I loved it. They were all so proud of themselves! The did a Kwanzaa song and a Chanukah song too. They did a wonderful job celebrating many different faiths and traditions.

• flora26
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Hazelnutbunny-I received your wonderful, beautiful, rockin' card on Tuesday! I love it so much-your kids did the best job ever, and it made me SO happy as I read the blessing you sent by flashlight. The blessing was perfect. I can't wait to bury my penny in next season's garden. Please give your kids a giant hug for me-they helped spread some much needed cheer.

Yeah, we still don't have power here in this part of the country. It was all knocked out by the crazy ice storm that blew through-a week ago!

Pixie-please send my partners address by email. I still haven't heard from her, and I would really like to get her the card by Christmas.

I hope you all have a great week ahead!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Have a great weekend Melissa!

Tracy I would have loved to have seen that program, it sounds very nice!

Jenn, I emailed ya sweetie, let me know if ya get it or not.

Back to the cookies now, making more ginger snaps. I love the smell of the house while cookies are baking, specially ginger snaps lol. Its gray outside but not too cold, just looks like a January day here. OK can't believe I am saying this but... I wish we would get some snow here for Christmas, at least enough to make a snowman family (no I couldn't go for just one snowman ... I want the entire family!)

Hope everyone has a great day.

Trina

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Trina, I bet your house smells wonderful. I love walking into the smell of fresh baked cookies! Yum! No snow here yet. We are expecting a big storm. They said to plan on 6-12" by tomorrow. Maybe we will get some snowmen made and take pictures for you.

• galium
    16 years ago

My heart goes out to everyone caught up in these storms raging across the country. We are going to be hit tonight and into tomorrow. It will probably be freezing rain, wind and maybe a little snow for us. Nothing like north of us will get. I haven't forgotten about anyone in the south who are in drought conditions.

On Wednesday I planted the rest of my bulbs and dug up my Voodoo Lily. The next day everything was a sheet of ice.

My DH and I put up our little tree today. We stopped buying big live trees a few years ago. I finished wrapping presents also. It's going to be a lean year for us present wise. I'm just happy that we'll be together with loved ones. I also baked another batch of butter cookies yesterday. My DH is loving them......... Finally mailed my Christmas Cards yesterday. This week I'll be calling some old friends to wish them Merry Christmas.

Tracy, going to our DD's Christmas shows were the highlight of the holidays, when she was younger. I always got that warm fuzzy feeling seeing her up on the stage.
    Mariann

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Marrian
    I too worry for those of you in the storm stricken areas, be safe and as warm as you can be, know our thoughts and prayers are with you. Here in NC, we are getting some rain at long last, I hope it will last through the night at least and our first taste of winter weather... I want to go outside and dance in the rain I am so happy! But hopefully months of scrounging a few drops for the flowers is past us, and a little rain and cold will put them to sleep for the winter. everyone, be safe, be warm be happy.

Frances

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hi girls! We are getting the front end of the winter storm right now and it is coming in like a lamb. The kids are outside having fun shoveling snow! LOL! Can you imagine they asked if they could go out and do it? Funny! They are having a blast. Emma is learning how to make snow Angels with her big brother Pat. Jack and Dan are busy shoveling the driveway and pretending to be snowplows. They are so busy theya re cracking me up. Tonight we will be getting the high winds so will batten down the hatches and cozy up by the fire.

I made a cheese kuchen this morning to munch on with the family. We've been having a nice slow Sunday morning that we haven't all had together in a long time. We brought in the Christmas tree and will be decorating it soon. The fire is already going in the fireplace. I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I feel for everyone that is being slammed with the storm that is covering you up.I pray no one has to be cold or hungry.Hope everyone is safe.I also hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday season.Tracy,I have never heard of cheese kuchen before,had to look that recipe up.It surely sounds like something I will try..Here in Ga.we are getting some cold weather finally.Dipping in the 30s.No snow or ice for which I am thankful.The tree is up and decorated.The outside lights are up and glowing and the fireplace warms the house.I have plenty of firewood.Had the grands over to spend the night last night,so all is well.Today would have been my husbands 67th birthday,so that had me sorta down,but even so,today has been good..Hope everyone has had a great week end.Stay safe..
    moonphase

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Moonphase, I am so sorry for your loss. My Aunt's birthday would have been today too. I have been thinking of her often. She was very special to us and most especially she was my mom's best friend. She was a wonderful, smart, tough woman.

The cheese kuchen is a super easy recipe. I use frozen bread dough instead of getting fancy. The filling is 1 8oz brick of cream cheese softened, 1 egg, 1/4 C sugar and 1 tsp vanilla, mix until creamy. Roll out the dough on a greased cookie sheet and cut 12 slits on each long side of the dough. Pour batter evenly down the center of the dough and then tie the cut pieces together across the top of the filling. Bake at 350 for around 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Then drizzle with icing. It is a nice breakfast treat on cold mornings! The filling puffs up like a light, creamy cheesecake filling.

I hope you had a lovely time with the grands. I bet it is such fun to have the little ones visit.

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Moonphase, sending you a big hug across the miles. I am glad ya have your tree up and lights outside up also. I am sure ya had fun with those Grands last night! Your weather and our weather are soo much the same it seems.

Tracy, that recipe sounds very yummy! Gonna have to try that soon! Nan will be in for Christmas so I will make it then, he and I both enjoy breakfast's like that!

I made more toffee tonight, it never seems to last around here, even though I am not a sweet person I could eat this stuff til I make myself sick!

Toffee
    1 Cup -packed and rounded brown sugar
    2 sticks REAL butter
    3 tsp. vinegar

Mix together in saucepan, bring to a boil, boil til hard crack stage then pour out onto greased cookie sheet. After cool melt chocolate coating and pour over top, after hardened turn over and pour chocolate coating over bottom. Break into pc's.

VERY easy and very YUMMY!!!!

Pixie

• flora26
    16 years ago

Pixie-I didn't get the email :(
    jennmpotts@yahoo.com

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok Jenn, I just resent it. Let me know.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Thank you for the recipes.I really did not know they sold frozen bread dough..lol except for rolls,pastry,and the chocolate for the toffee.are you talking about melted choc. hershey bits? geesh,I love trying new recipes.I am definately going to try both of these.Anyone else got any good ones for xmas candy,cookies..or a special dish.I have a big family and they are coming to my house for xmas.I need to get started baking all the goodies..now that I finally finished my last seed swap for this year..I don't know why I join the big ones at the Holidays.It is so hard with all the other things going on.One of my xmas presents is a trip to Atlanta.the DD and DSIL are taking me to see the Nutcracker ballet and dinner.I am so excited about that.They have tickets for the 30th..yep,I have a great time with the kids,you know how Nanny gets to spoil them..lol.They do get to make tents on the furniture.pour out all the legos and build all kinds of things and stay up late watching movies they pick out.I love having them.I realize as I get older,houses can be cleaned,toys picked up etc,it is not as important to keep a spotless house all the time,like I thought when I was raising my kids.Who cares,I had rather see the smiles on the kids face than see a shiny floor.I think I finally realized the really important things that makes life...Thank You all for the well wishes about Carls passing.I do miss him but I also know he did not want me to grieve or stop laughing,so I am loving each day...he would want that.
    moonphase

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yikes! Can ya'll believe it??? Only a week to go until Christmas!! Wow, WHERE has this year GONE?!? OhMyGosh...is it just me, or does the time go SO much faster, the older you get?? When I was little, it would take FOREVER for Christmas to get here...and summer would last and last.... Now, a year is over in the blink of an eye.
    Golly.
    Unbelievable.

• galium
    16 years ago

moonphase-I'm with you on the clean house routine. Now that I'm older, a clean house is not up there with the important things in life. I hope this holiday season brings you happiness and joy after the loss of your DH.

We have about 2 inches of ice on our driveway. We haven't been able to get out in several days. Whenever this happens our cars end up sliding into the street. I can't count the number of times the police have been here because we have a car in the middle of the road. My DH fell twice yesterday. We are almost out of salt too.

hnb-I agree with you this season has zoomed by. Time does seem to go faster when you get older.

pixie-I may just try your Toffee recipe. Sounds good.

tracy-I've had kuchen and it is yummy. Never tried to make it though. I have everything I need to make my DH raspberry thumbprint cookies either today or tomorrow.
    Mariann

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

moonphase and galium
    Couldn't agree more about the housework, there are more important things to do than that, wished I'd learned it sooner though. Somewhere along the way the description of 'clean' went from 'sanitized' to somewhat tidy without visable cobwebs..... lol. It's not really that bad, when it see it I will clean it. But my eyesight is not as good as it used to be....

Everyone

Only a week to go, but the shopping is done, so just one more trip to the market and we are set! Have a wonderful Christmas everyone, if I don't get a chance to come back before then. This swap was a lot of fun, it was nice getting to know you all a little bit.

Happy Holidays!

Frances

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Moonphase, you can use the chocolate morsels, they just don't set up like Chocolate Bark does. They stay kind of soft after you melt them.

Frances I love the description of "clean" I am going to remember that one!

Sheesh, one week til Christmas. Final days here and its all downhill from today.

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY TRACY!!!!

• galium
    16 years ago

I didn't know that Tracy was celebrating a B'day today.
    {{gwi:1302450}}
    Well we finally got one of the cars down to the street. It is now parked horizontally in our driveway so that it doesn't roll into the road. Everything is still a sheet of ice. We managed to buy 2 bags of rock salt. Everyone was out. Can't count the number of times my DH fell. I fell once and was flopping around like a turtle on it's back. Luckily my DH found me after a minute or so. I had to laugh every time I tried to get up I'd slide back down.

I whipped up a batch of Raspberry Thumbprint cookies this afternoon. I received another thumbs up from DH. Which is remarkable. He's still munching on the butter cookies then he scarfed down 3 rasp. cookies.

I'm driving over to my DD's tomorrow to take her Christmas shopping. Actually, the stores that have the electric carts are the only one's she can shop in. All the other stores I'll have to do her shopping while she sits in the car. Her DH is driving down to Florida to see his folks. He's leaving Friday after work and driving back Sunday. I would never attempt a drive like that but he is young. Anyway, my DD wants me to come stay with her Saturday night. We'll eat munchies and watch movies.

Hope everyone is staying warm.
    Mariann

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Tracy!!! :O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Wow! Thank you! You guys are too good to me! Thank you all for the Happy Birthdays! I have a big grin on my silly face from you.

Mariann, I love raspberry thumbprints. That sounds so good! You and your DH better be careful out there! One of you is gonna break something important! I certainly would have had a case of the giggles too if that were me trying to get back on my feet again. I hope you get a little bit of a warm up to melt off that ice. I am glad that the car is down by the road now and you can get out again.

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday sweetie!!! You Old Woman! yeah right!
    Hope you have a good one hun!

I'm so late on everything this month, partner, I have not forgotten you and wish you the best Christmas!

Ya'll need a little sugar...........

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

MMMMMMMMM, that was sure some sweet sugar Miss Sassy Pants! Good Stuff! The best b-day present a girl could ask for. Kenzie looks GORGEOUS in that pretty Christmas Dress! See, Santa is peaking in to see what a good girl she is!

We FINALLY got the tree decorated last night! YAY! It seems to have taken a Herculean effort to get all of us in the same place at the same time long enough to put up all the ornaments! We had two strands of colored lights go out on us and then the Angel wouldn't light up. We finally decided that we were doing white lights after all the mishaps and today I was able to find the replacement bulb for the Angel on top. It is beautiful!

Pixie, your ornament is right there at the top near the Angel! Jack loved it so much that he insisted I place one of the bulbs inside one of the holes in it to light it from the inside. It looks beautiful up there! Thank you Darlin'!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Ok, lol Tracy one more and I have to go to bed, (I couldn't resist, sorry)

Endulge me, thanks:))))

{{gwi:588394}}

Lol! I'll bug you later, gotta get to bed! She'll be here early:))

Goodnight
    Sassy

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

MMM Mariann the raspberry thumbprints sound yummy, I have never had them. You be careful on that ice girlfriend, don't need you slippin and slidin and hurting yourself. (I had to laugh though at just the thought of me trying to get up, I know I would have to roll as clumsy as I am!)

Sassy that lil sweetie looks beautiful and all ready for Santa!

Tracy your such a sweetie. I am happy Jack liked the ornament, never thought about putting a bulb in a hole that sounds really pretty! I hope you had a great day and hope you have a great CELEBRATION tomorrow.

Fox had to go to Okla this morning, lol to the panhandle but Nan is at his dad's house so fox won't be seeing him this trip. Fox went with his parents to his uncles (by marriage) funeral he should be home tomorrow night about this time. They didn't ask me to go, I guess fox realizes that I wouldn't have made that 12 hour drive too well with ma MIL and its too cold that way for me to hitch a ride back home.

I get my hair cut tomorrow YAYYYY!!! It has been needing it and Terri told me that I didn't need it cut until my bangs hit my chin, so now after clipping my bangs so many times I think its time for a cut! (last one was hmm over a year ago but I cut it here at home to get the ends off)

Smiles everyone,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Oh wow! Kenzie has the clearest blue eyes! She is going to be a heartbreaker! Poor Memaw! Gonna have to watch that little sweetie torture all the boys one of these days!

Pixie, I bet you look beautiful with your new do! I love getting my hair done, feels like some extra TLC! Hope you had a good time at the salon. Get any good Gossip? lol! Tell Fox I said that I am sorry for his loss. Were they close? No one should go on a 12 hour car ride with their MIL!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I agree with ya Ducky, that lil sweetie is gonna be a heartbreaker for sure!

I guess I really needed a haircut lol, terri didn't take any length off but my head feels soo much lighter now! (no comments plz). She thinned it up alot (I have alot of baby fine blonde hair). I really did have a good time at the salon, weird as much as I hate going though lol.

lol yeppers on the gossip, I go to a good friend (might as well be family) and she told me that fox's cousin, G's, daughter is preggo. (she is 19 and unmarried) This cousin is one of those that "hasn't always been perfect" so it just goes to show that ya don't talk pillow talk out in the open or it will bite ya in the behonkis! The girl has a good head on her shoulders though, not at all like the rest of the family. (I know I know Im being tacky but sheesh wish ya'll knew what I married into!)

No fox didn't know this uncle very well at all, I think fox's words were "he's a recluse and doesn't go around people too much" Fox's parents are ministers (and a ministers daughter for a mil) so fox was really raised in a funeral home and at church camp. (yeppers don't think church camp is all that innocent either mommas!) Ok I think I am on the verge of getting on Santa's naughty list so I will shuch.

Today is my wonderful neighbor, Mrs. Schoenamann's 99th birthday. If ya knew this woman you would say there is no way she is 99 years old! She has the most beautiful plants and flowers and still tends to them daily! She is a very special lady.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• galium
    16 years ago

I received my Garden Blessing penny from Anita today. She wrote:
    "It's a day for special wishes
    And only the best will do
    Sending you Garden Blessings,
    That 2008 will shine for you"

Thank you Anita, I'll make sure I plant that penny come spring.

Sassy-I am in awe of that sweet baby girl. What a photo-it should be on the cover of Parents Magazine. I bet she gives you the sweetest hugs.

Pixie-There was always some scandal or other in my family. My mom had 7 brothers and sisters. I had lots and lots of cousins. I had an uncle that changed wives like he was Henry VIII. Something was always happening that raised eyebrows.

I'm getting a hair cut the end of next week. My hair is so straight and fine that when it gets to my shoulders it looks horrible. For some reason my hair was thicker when I was younger.

I took my DD shopping today. We went to WalMart and they were out of electric wheel chairs. Luckily they had a regular wheel chair with a small basket on the front. I left Carol's crutches with Customer Service. She took me out to lunch afterward. I was happy to get home, for some reason I was really worn out.

The ice is starting to melt....thankfully. We are still parking at the bottom of the driveway.

Hope everyone had a good day.
    Mariann

• moonphase
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone....I have enjoyed this swap and it is so nice getting to know my fellow petal pushers..
    5 more days.I get the 2 grands tonight and they will be here until xmas.DD and SIL are having Santa come here and I think this is so wonderful of them.I know it is going to be alot of trouble hauling all the Santa stuff here.and I have tons for them too..lol.I have to go to the market too for the Ham tomorrow.And another surprise present,,I have a woman to clean my house top to bottom tomorrow,a gift from a dear friend..Wow,I am going to be in heaven.I love this gift and wouldn't like anything better..
    Must be hair cut time for alot of us.Mine had grown past my shoulders.I had finally got it all one length.I went to get it cut and ended up getting a perm and getting it cut short again.Wow at the difference,Now I wonder why in the world I ever wanted it long again..lol
    I sure am glad we don't have ice and snow to contend with.It is raining and is still chilly.I would like to see a white Christmas at least once in my life time.Never have and probably won't.It may snow once or twice in Jan. or feb.
    Well,gotta get up and do some wrapping before the kids get here but wanted to stop in and say hi to all of you.Love the photo of Kenzie.She is a doll...
    moonphase

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marianne, it must be that time, a lil tad of pampering in between all the hustle and bustle eh? Trust me in my family it seems I am always the "blacksheep", hmm I think that goes for in fox's family also so it always tickles me when someone else's halo tilts a tad ya know. I am happy that the ice is melting. It sounds like with everything you have been doing lately you just need to make ya a cup of hot tea (or your favorite beverage) sit back in a chair and just take some me time for yourself.

WOW Mooners you have it all wrapped up it sounds like. I also want you to know that I sent your blessing to you but of course I was late. I am like you and would love to have a white christmas although I have had them before (military brat here) but I think it would be special to have one here in Katy America. It was a white Christmas on 12/25/04 but of course we were in Okla that year.

I took some poinsetta's to Coles place, I already have two white poinsetta arrangements that I take out there but I wanted real white poinsettas, they are very pretty surrounding a little christmas tree. It really is a pretty place out there. (I say out there but its just maybe two miles away). I am making christmas treats for the birds and bunnies to put in a little holder that is on his site, I will take them out there tomorrow afternoon.

pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Pixie, I think the poinsettas and lil' tree will be beautiful for Cole. I am so glad that you've shared him with us. I can't imagine YOU being the black sheep in either of the families. NOPE! You have way too good of a heart to be baaaaaaaaaad! lol! A little sheep humor there, sorry. Now watch it so you stay on the NICE list! Smooch!

Moonphase, I think you are going to have a very Merry Christmas especially having a hired hand with the cleaning! You lucky woman you! I am soooo jealous! I agree that this has been a great swap. I am so glad that I got to meet you! Merry Christmas and have tons of fun with the family!

Mariann, I feel like that every time I venture out into these Holiday Crowds. There are so many people hustling and bustling around trying to get this or that. I breathe a big sigh once I am back in the car. I had some crazy driver turn left in front of me when I had a green light at an intersection yesterday. He decided to stop in the middle of his turn and give me a glare letting me know that he owned the road. I was just sad over it because people are so busy getting where they are going and not being safe. They just don't stop to think that there might be kids in that car that they are cutting off. I had Danny in the backseat. Thank goodness I started off slow into the intersection.

I bet all of you ladies are looking beautiful with your new do's! It is so nice to sit and visit and experience some individual attention! Ahhhh!

My house smells terrible! I have been cooking all day for tomorrows party and the client ordered so much garlic stuff that I fear I will have a permanent aversion to the stuff! As we speak I am roasting garlic marinated pork tenderloins and it is permeating the house. I roasted 5 cloves of garlic earlier to make garlic mashed potatoes and before that I had minced 6 cloves to saute with the beef for the beef burgundy. I am garlic'd out!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hey girls, thanks so much for the compliments on my pretty little sugar makin' machine, lol. She really is just a joy to keep. I had my Mom come over the other day and we played 'dress up' and took Christmas pics for 2 hours, changing Christmas outfits and Mom couldn't believe she never got aggravated, I told her McKenzie is used to it, we do that alot. Tracy, honest to God, Julie has always looked just like me, like I spit her out all by myself, lol, (which I did) Kenzie looks identical to Julie when she was a baby, so I'm not looking forward to the 'boys' era of her life, but one has to deal, I guess...lol. Trina, lets see the new dooooooooo! Put a Christmas hat on and lets snap snap! oh and we all have them in the family! and it really is too funny for words when they accidently get whats coming to them? I didn't say that

Mariann...what a special blessing from Anita! I'm gonna get blessed by Anita at some point!!!! lol She'll probably say...........Please forgive me Father, for I have sin.... I meant these dayliies to be for kin....

But since you didn't know better my friend, hang on to them for SASSY until Springs end!:))))

Seriously, Anita...that was an awesome blessing and from the heart...thats what counts.

Yes Mariann she does:) Shes just a sweetheart! Oh, and listen....my hair used to be so thick, it thinned alot, but now rediculious. Older is not always better:)
    Especially for women, but we survive!

Anyone interested in hosting the January swap? Let me know at sassyd@sccoast.net

This is McKenzie and her great grandma............

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

AH HA! Now I know where all you sassy women get your beauty from! Great Grandmama! What a pair! They even have the same profile! Gorgeous women run in your family Miss Sassy Pants! I love your blessing up there by the way! LOL! You are incorrigible! LOL!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago
  • sassyd
    16 years ago

Well, we must talk about this.........

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Woops! Upon further review it seems that I am the reason Santa has a Naughty List

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Um...Santa HAS a naughty list??

Uh-Oh......

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ah that is the side of Santa no one should have to see! LOL! Bad Bunny! What a stinker!

How is everyone doing today? I am so happy because today is the last day of school for the kids and they are on break until Jan. 7! yay! NO more running and schedule keeping for a while! Yippee!

Are we all ready for Christmas? I have a few finishing up things to pick up for the nephews and nieces and the stocking stuffers and then I AM DONE! The finish line is in site!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Tracy I think we all have a little naughty in us, lol:) I think Santa overlooks these things.

I'm still busy wrapping gifts but my shopping is done, then getting the house cleaning out of the way...

I'm getting so excited that its almost here, can't wait to see little Kenzie having her 1st Christmas.

Later girls, back to wrapping
    Sassy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Wink! I love a little Naughty! LOL! I am going to finally start my wrapping tonight. I always think to do it during the day but have too many little witnesses around to get any of it done. By the evening I forget about it again. Not tonight! I am going to tackle it!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I'm with you, Tracy! If I can make it up past the kiddos tonight, that's what I'll be doing as well! I got started a little bit this morning, after the big kids left for school, and Lily slept a little late, but only a small start! And there's unfortunately plenty more shopping to do, and packages to hoperfully be delivered!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Becki

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I missed you! Where ya been? What'ya been up to? What ya got cookin' good lookin? I finally got my last package that I was expecting in the mail today! Yay! Done with my online shipments.

The hubby took me out for dinner tonight. We had a very nice time. We went to an Irish Restaurant and ate Boxty and steaks. It was so nice to get out by ourselves. I seriously overate. I was so hungry by the time we got there! I could have licked my plate when I finished. Now I am so stuffed I won't eat for a week!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

OH, Tracy! That is SO SWEET!!! Thank you! I've been cookin' up a storm! Enough complaining about making all the fudge for that vendor, as Dave called and told me that someone up there wanted to order 3 pounds of it from me!!! Yippee! So, had to make more fudge, plus that which my hubby wants to put in the "care packages" that we are giving to all the families on my side. And cookies... I had to run the fudge up to Des Moines today, but I had alterior motives for offering to do that - I wanted to badly to go to Michaels and get William some good art stuff. He is such a drawer! I got him a good sketch book, a set of oil pastels, a set of chalk pastels, and some good pencils and an artist eraser. It was all on the cheaper side - each of the pastel sets was $4.99 - no biggy compared to the sets I saw that were upwards of $80!! Anyway, last year I got him one of the cheap artist kid sets, and he has loved that thing! So, this year we decided to get him some "real" artist things. I still want to get some charcoal pencils for him, as I forgot to get those today - Lily was a bit distracting. Oh, and then I got Elizabeth one of the art sets that I got William last year, because she was so envious of that! She'll love it! I am getting so frustrated on waiting on packages!!! I waited until the last minute, but paid the crazy prices people wanted to get it shipped Priority, and figured if it was sent on Monday or Tuesday, I should get it in time! Only one of the 5 packages has made it yet! Then, the stuff I ordered from Amazon for my nieces and nephews - one of the boxes arrived as planned today, but there was one box that was supposed to arrive yesterday, and was in Indianapolis as of this morning. Later today is said leaving Des Moines and out for delivery. So, I watched and watched and watched - finally I looked again around 7 this evening, and it said "Checked back into Des Moines due to external prolems" I'm like, WHAT???? Ugh! Anyway, hopefully it will get here tomorrow or Monday!!! It has the stuff for all my nephews!! Would you believe I have 7 neices and nephews, and not one is over the age of 3??!! Crazy, huh? And here I am with my oldest being 14, and even having stepsons 22 and 23 (or something like that - my brain's not all here this evening!) Anyway, I am hoping my packages arrive, as they are ALL the video games I ordered for my boys!!! If not, I'll be having to go out and buy them new! Oh, then today I got an email with some really good deals for Lily at Amazon, plus William mentioned on other Bionicle he wanted (and I wanted to get, as all the other stuff he put on his list were video games) - but of course to get it shipped now for Chirstmas is $26!! So, we decided to order the goodies, and save the ones for Lily and put a note in William's stocking, saying that he has one more gift coming that's a surprise. That will keep him suspenceful!

Okay, the boys have to be asleep by now, so it's safe to go down and get their stuff!

Oh, Tracy, the supper sounds so nice! I'm happy you and Ed got to go out!!! My kids have that habit of trying to lick their plates - we always say, "You are NOT a dog!!" : ) (But it makes me feel good that they liked their food so much!)

Okay, did I write enough to make up for my absence??

Becki

• galium
    16 years ago

I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd post a message.

My DH took me to the Dutch Farmer's Market yesterday. He didn't go in because I was buying Christmas Presents. The food kind..... This place is unbelievable I can feel my stomach rumbling just thinking about all the wonderful food there. I bought my DH raspberry filled chocolates, Zucchini bread and a wedge of extra sharp white cheddar. My SIL will be getting peanut butter Christmas trees dipped in chocolate. My DD loves fruit flavored twizzlers so I bought her a bag of peach. They had so many to choose from.

I finished wrapping stocking stuffers and sewing my SIL's flannel pants. I also gave my DD's jacket a final pressing. Then I settled down with the heating pad on my back and started reading Jim Butcher's book 4 of the Codex Alera 'Captain's Fury'.

I'm going to my DD's today to stay over night. We are doing a little shopping also. She is so miserable that her DH will be gone for a few days.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    {{gwi:1318277}}

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Just checking in, as I will be getting my GB in the morning & not sure if I will have time to check back before Christmas.

Sister Sassy,
    Now forgive me Father for I have sinned!!! Now that is so true, Yes, Daylilies are a very shareable thing, I started adding to my have list at the other place, I only did the A's & have 41 done, It is so cool, if it is listed in Plant Files it automatically adds a link & a PIC to my list, so far all 41 are linked, but a few they do not have PICS for yet. another cool thing is I will know the exact count when I am done, should be over 1000 & under 1500, a lot of work, but it is well worth it:)

Happy Belated Birthday To All December Babies I Have Missed!
    Happy Birthday To Any Still To Come!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL:)
    :)Anita, On the naughty list!!