Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: secret santa thank you's ( thread 7)

flwrs4ever
13 years ago

Comments (138)

• lily55rjw
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I received another card! Thank you momstar for the pansies and gaillardias!!

This has been an amazing season with everyones generosity. Thank you all so much! I can't wait for the springtime to roll around and all my new flowers to start sprouting! I'm really nervous about wintersowing. This is my 1st year and I hope I do it right! Thanks again to everyone!

• graanieb
    13 years ago

Said I might post but just did, everyone I received cards and seeds from got a separate post in Rate and Review.

Kym, all thanks to you.

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Evening Everyone!
    I thought I was done posting...but...today I got another card :)

THANK YOU
    Jas_il for the Yellow Rudbeckia!

It was such a nice New Year surprise and for a Monday too :)

THANKS AGAIN AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!
    vina

• lisa831
    13 years ago

THANK YOU Jas_il
    recieve a preetty card with
    Ornmental Black Pearl seeds
    Ornmental pepper Jerusalem Cherry

Would to THANK EVERYONE who send me a cards and seeds.
    Hope everyone had a Great New Year

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

There are two people I received from who I may not have thanked. Their cards were not in the basket with the others so I think I may have set them aside until I got on the computer to say thank you --- which makes me wonder if I ever did. Anyway, a double thank you is better than none, so thank you to nottoughly and punkingal. Okay, hope everyone who sent has now been thanked. This was lots of fun and Happy New Year to all!
    Jeanne

• jas_il
    13 years ago

I got one card which i misplaced long back don't know how. Today i was searching for bubble mailer and to my surprice it had seeds and card sent by fearadyn. I apologize for thanking late.

fearadyn Thank you so much for Mutant marigold, Calendula field marigold, Blanket flower red and a cute homemade card.

Today i got one more card from Ellie. Though Christmas is over but it is really nice to recieve cards in New Year.

aphroditelaughs - sent me 12 pks of seeds like 12 days of Christmas. Wow! These are Broccoli purple sprouting, Chard rainbow mix (great), Turkish blue giant poppy (is it an annual?, love poppies), Pole beans blue lake, pinto beans, celebrity tomatoes (very generous amount), cabbage, parsnip, Lettuce black simpson, another lettuce blend (love lettuces), endive tres fine maraichere (looks interesting i did google search), and california poppy. Thanks a lot. Can't wait to winter sow them.

I am glad that my cards are reaching. I sent many more and hope to hear soon.

Happy New Year.

• gardendad_2k10
    13 years ago

Got 3 cards today.

NOTTOUGLY Oh my goodness! What a large assortment of amazing seeds. She sent Hyssop Blue Licorice, Basil Thai Siam Queen, Rosemary, Oregano, Common Sage, Bell Pepper Mini Red, Melon, Dill, Cantaloupe Minnesota Midget, Chives, Tomato Golden Jubilee, Rosso Bruno Tomato, Poppy Bread Seed, Long Island Brussel Sprouts, Long Black Spanish Radish, Cayenne Pepper, Sivriaci Pepper, and Sweet Banana Pepper. All I can say is WOW. Thank you so much for your generosity. I can't wait to look up all of these seeds and plant them. You sent me a few herbs that I have been wanting for a long time.

FROSTYTHECAT - Thank you very much for the Marmade Tomato, Purple Dark Opal Basil, and the Chantenay Carrot seeds. Can't wait to get these in the ground. I am especially excited about the tomato seeds. Again, thank you.

SKYWAITRESS - She sent me a great handmade card made from fabric. WOW. Looks good. She also sent Italian Parsley and Wonder Bell Pepper seeds. Love the packages and planting instructions. Now I don't have to look them up! Very helpful and thoughtful. Thank you.

• cardinalwv
    13 years ago

Good Morning fellow gardeners. As I received seeds and greetings from you folks, I posted their names but for an update, here are the individuals I received seeds from:

flowergirl34
    crisann
    plant-one-on-me
    ruth z (??)
    missmojo
    hibiscusfan
    gardendad-2kid

Thanks so much to Kym for hosting the Secret Santa; this was a first for me so I enjoyed looking for cards with seeds and also sending some to other folks. I want to prepare for next year by preparing some handmade cards beforehand. Thanks so much to the individuals who noticed my name among the many others and shared their seeds with me. I would like to have a small bed in my yard just for the ones I received here.

Thanks again; Imogene from West Virginia

• w9yards
    13 years ago

I received a couple of more cards right around Christmas. Thanks to Cryptid for the lovely pin from Elly as well as a variety of tomato seeds and torch lily. I also received turnip, cabbage, and cauliflower seeds from Amy. The Holidays were hectic as usual with so many visiting relatives staying at my house but I loved every minute of it! We have had a huge amount of rain for Southern California and today is actually sunny and clear. I plan to spend the day in the garden transplanting some small veggies I started and getting another tray of seeds going. I really enjoyed the Secret Santa swap and I am eager to try the new varieties of seeds I received. I also received a nice gift card from my sister to buy some organic heirloom seeds so I am placing my order today. Thanks Kym for all of your hard work in hosting such a fun swap!
    Diana
    w9yards

• plant-one-on-me
    13 years ago

One more thank you to go out but I am not sure who to thank :) You see the card was not signed. So thanks to my secret santa for the chantenay carrots and rogue d'hiver lettuce. Kim

• pumkingal
    13 years ago

Hi all this is going to be a wonderful year I just finally after 5 years purchased my home,,yes it is mine, yippie I can dig any where i want to,,plant every flower I want too,,Thank you all so very much for helping me all threw the years,,Happy New Years to you all,,Lisa

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Congratulations. Nothing better than having your own home.

Linda

• michiet
    13 years ago

Would like to say thank you to. 2 more cards I got last week

Momstar - blue card with gaillardiA and black eyed susan

Amybeth82 - homemade card of flowers with gaillardia
    And rudbeckia hirta tiger eye gold

Thanks and happy new year to all
    Michiet

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Recieved one more card yesterday. This one was from Jasmine (jas il). Thank you so much for the card and the Pasilla, and Thai Bird pepper seeds! Have you grown either of these? Just wondering how hot that Thai Bird pepper is?

I'm starting to work on my pepper grow list for the year. Already up to 20 varieties, and may have to add a couple more : )

Bonnie

• margarita10
    13 years ago

Hi Darrin,

I finally received your wonderful handcrafted card and the Daisy-Becky and Echinacea-White Swan seeds.

The beautiful crocheted butterfly your wife made took me back to my childhood and watching my mom crochet for hours on end to supplement the family income.

Thank you so much and please thank your very talented wife for me.

Margarita10

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    13 years ago

PLEASE forgive me...my daughter and I have been sick since Christmas eve...just starting to feel better !

I will post winners and mail gifts..im just a bit behind :(

Thanks to you ALL for making this swap such a success..and feel free to add me on FB ! :)

Hugs !

• bumblebee1
    13 years ago

A big thank you to jas_il for a lovely card with a whimsical Christmas tree card with a drawing by an 11 year old from SOS Children's Village Illinois with Bibb and buttercrunch lettuces to plant n my garden! Thank you so much. :)

• graanieb
    13 years ago

Lisa, congratulations, owning your own home is the best thing. I used to plant flower by walkways before we moved into a new home, twice, laugh.
    Kym, hope you and daughter feel well soon, no fun being sick.
    See you on FB.
    best to you and all,
    Bea

• amberroses
    13 years ago

I received another card. I want to thank Ellie (aphrodite laughs) for the spearmint and melon seeds. May your garden thrive as well. Happy New Year.

• jodie74
    13 years ago

I too am on FB but how are you all finding each other? I have the worst time with their "search" engine. Feel free to PM me your info so I can TRY to find you! LOL

Jodie

• bustani_mama
    13 years ago

im still watching and im on facebook as well feel free to email me for my info on facebook (its a little confusing)

• redthreaddiy
    13 years ago

There are still 9 people who haven't acknowledged that they received seeds from me. It's kinda hurtful, since I put so much time and effort into preparing and sending them. Oh well.

• lily55rjw
    13 years ago

I got 1 more card a couple days ago! Thank you:

nottougly (Faye) - Pansy, Zinnia, Gerber Daisy, Cosmos, Snapdragon, Fortnight Lily African Iris (I looked that up and can't wait to see how it groes!) Thanks again for your generosity!

Redthreaddiy - Sorry you haven't heard from some people yet, You did put alot of time into making all those packets and printing everything out for them all. Keep your head up and hopefully you get a thank you soon! I know I am truly excited for all I got and I was so unhappy when I couldn't log on for the longest time to do my thank yous, hopefully thats the case with the ones you haven't heard from!

For everyone else on here, again, THANK YOU so much for making this a wonderful holiday season! You all have showed so much kindness that so many of us needed! As for FB, I have a garden page I made to upload pictures to of the flowers/plants/tress/shrubs I am growing. Right now there are only a few as I just bought my house this past summer but I will soon have many more flowers to show off! The web URL is http://www.facebook.com/index.php?#!/pages/Garden-Lovers/161142027258040 Please click like on there so you all can see the beautiful flowers I grow this spring from the seeds you sent to me! Thanks again!

Randi (lily55rjw)

• ivyp
    13 years ago

I am sorry this is so late in updating my computer has been down , I needed to get a new one. I what to thank every one that spent the time to send me the wonderful seeds. they are all much needed and I hope the share pictures of them in bloom.
    thank you to:
    skywaitress,Bustani,canyaonwind,hottoughly,margarita10,Debby1,ggwrn,missmojo,virtuosity,redthreaddiy,loiseinpa,columbgarden,jas-il,butturfliis-mom,nottougly,

hope i did not miss spell to many names. thank you all!!!

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    13 years ago

Hi everyone, I received these 2 cards a few days ago and need to say thank you so much to Momstar for some black eyed susan seeds and also thank you to Amybeth82 for a pretty homemade card with sunflower, stella d'oro lily,asiatic lily, gaillardia and "Becky" shasta daisy seeds ! I will be wintersowing most of these seeds this weekend , thank you sooo much !!

Kym, thank you so much for hosting , this was a wonderful swap and certainly made my holidays bright , you are all wonderful generous people and I feel privileged to be a part of this online gardening community, I wish I could invite you all over for the best dinner party ever !

Iris

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

yes, Kym, this was a wonderful swap and now it's just not as much fun going to the mailbox :( i had a lot of fun with the stocking swap i participated in as well. now i want to organize one LOL. i was thinking about maybe doing an easter basket swap; i did a search and it doesn't seem like i'd be stepping on anyone's toes, and easter and spring always mean one thing to me-- gardening! too early obviously to post but what do you guys think?

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

yes, Kym, this was a wonderful swap and now it's just not as much fun going to the mailbox :( i had a lot of fun with the stocking swap i participated in as well. now i want to organize one LOL. i was thinking about maybe doing an easter basket swap; i did a search and it doesn't seem like i'd be stepping on anyone's toes, and easter and spring always mean one thing to me-- gardening! too early obviously to post but what do you guys think?

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

i dunno why it posted twice! sorry

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

I sent a card out yesterday and will probably mail a few more in the next week or so...better late than never, right?

Lisa

Kym, I sent you an email

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Could someone send me the addy list... i seem to have lost mine

Tia

Lisa

• nottougly
    13 years ago

I would be interested in a Easter basket swap.
    Faye!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Mailed another card today.....keep watching those mail boxes

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    13 years ago

12 DAYS of CHRISTMAS ANSWERS ....

Day 1

1. Gene Autry
    2. The nutcracker
    3. Feliz Navidad
    4. The answer is 4
    5. Coca cola
    6. Donner
    7. It's a Wonderful Life
    8. United Kingdom
    9. Jacob Marely
    10. C S Lewis

Day 2

1. Indian Ocean
    2. Clarice
    3. Max
    4. Montgomery wards
    5. White Christmas
    6. Spider web
    7. Rudolph
    8. Europe
    9. Weekend after thanksgiving
    10. Tim Burton

Day 3

1. Jingle Bells
    2. Walking in a Winter Wonderland
    3. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
    4. Joy to the World
    5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
    6. O' Come All Ye Faithful
    7. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
    8. Oh, Christmas Tree
    9. What Child is This?
    10. We Three Kings
    11. Deck the Halls
    12. I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing In
    13. O' Holy Night
    14. Noel
    15. Away In a Manger
    16. The Twelve Days of Christmas
    17. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
    18. All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth
    19. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
    20. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
    21. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!
    22. Silent Night
    23. O' Little Town of Bethlehem
    24. Silver Bells

Day 4

1)The Nutcracker Suite
    2) Little Drummer boy
    3)Deck the Halls
    4)Silent Night
    5)Noel (No L)
    6)All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.
    7)It came upon a midnight clear
    8)Joy to the world
    9)12 Days of Christmas
    10)Do you hear what I hear
    11)Santa Claus is coming to town
    12)Up on the house top
    13)Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.
    14)Away in a manger
    15)Go tell it on the mountain

Day 5.

1. home
    2. shop
    3. holly
    4. hotel
    5. school
    6. Thomas
    7. choir
    8. author
    9. Anthony
    10. chowder
    11. holidays
    12. homework
    13. sea horse
    14. Honolulu
    15. chocolate
    16. horizontal
    17. photographs

Day 6.

1. Santa Claus
    2. Uncle Billy
    3 His heart was two sizes too small
    4 Suzy Snowflake
    5. Ice skating
    6. 5 cents
    7.her medication
    8. An engineer/architect
    9. Tournament of Roses
    10. To, from

Day 7

1. "God Rest You Merry Gentlemen"
    2. It is too commercialized
    3. Silver and gold
    4. A hula-hoop
    5. "The Christmas Song"
    6. None
    7. Bert and Ernie
    8. Pumkin
    9. Reindeer games
    10. " Ill be back again someday"

Day 8

Name That Christmas Movie Answers
    01. Scrooge /

1. It's a Wonderful Life /
      03. The Polar Express /
      04. How the Grinch Stole Christmas /
      05. Home Alone /
      06. The Bishop's Wife /
    2. The Christmas Shoes /
      08. Holiday Affair /
      09. Frosty the Snowman /
      10. White Christmas /
      11. A Charlie Brown Christmas /
      12. A Christmas Story /
      13. A Christmas Carol /
      14. Miracle on 34th Street /
      15. Babes in Toyland /
      16. Beyond Christmas /
      17. Bells of St. Mary's /
      18. Meet Me in St. Louis /
      19. Jingle All the Way /
    3. The Santa Claus /
      21. I'll Be Home For Christmas

Day 9

1. A Christmas Story
    2. Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Dancer, Prancer, Cupid, Vixen, Dasher, and of course Rudolph
    3. Whoville
    4. True. The Puritans considered Christmas trees and decorations to be pagan, and
    outlawed them in Massachusetts until 1859
    5. "We wish you a Merry Christmas "
    6. The Holly and the Ivy
    7. King's Canyon National Park, California
    8. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    9. Oklahoma
    10. Vixen

Day 10
    1. P�re No�l
    2. Sweden
    3. The Netherlands
    4. I Saw Momma Kissing Santa Claus
    5. Speak
    6. New Year�s Day
    7. Lights
    8. Jingle Bells
    9. New York
    10. 1843

Day 11

1 Question 1: Silent Night.
    Question 2: We Three Kings.
    Question 3: Joy to the World.
    Question 4: Deck the Halls.
    Question 5: Hark the Herald Angels.
    Question 6: O Come O Come Emmanuel.
    Question 7: O Come All Ye Faithful.
    Question 8: Away in a Manger.
    Question 9: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.
    Question 10: The First Noel

Day 12

Question 1: The correct answer is the Santa Baby.
    Question 2: The correct answer is I'll Be Home For Christmas.
    Question 3: The correct answer is Jingle Bells.
    Question 4: The correct answer is Sleigh Ride.
    Question 5: The correct answer is Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
    Question 6: The correct answer is Frosty the Snowman.
    Question 7: The correct answer is Silver Bells.
    Question 8: The correct answer is Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.
    Question 9: The correct answer is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
    Question 10: The correct answer is Nuttin' for Christmas

Answers to NUMBER Guesses:
    1. total sent this year .... 1583
    2. highest number mailed..... 103
    3. Who rec'd most............dan-the-mailman
    4. rec'd first card..........nottougly
    5. last years total.......... 1987

WINNERS ARE...Drum roll PLEAAAAAAASE !!

1.flowergirl34
    2. keiki
    3. yotetrapper and karendee
    4. None
    5. Riley17

B_I_N_G_O.....ranegrow

12 Days of Christmas

All who turned in answers, names were put into a hat and the winner is ......ilovefarac

Id like to thank you ALL one more time for making this such a fun swap, full of Christmas Spirit !

Have a safe, healthy and fun filled NEW YEAR !!

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Yippee I won! It was so much fun playing!! Melinda

• daisyb
    13 years ago

Just when I thought those nice surprises in my mailbox had stopped, I received a beautiful handmade card just stuffed with seeds! Thank you Amy,amybeth82, for the Red Asiatic Lily, Ornamental Grass, Switchgrass, Grandpa Otts Morning Glory, Stella d'Oro Daylily, Sunflower, Hollyhock Mix, and Shasta Daisy "Becky". I'm still working on my wintersowing and all of these arrived just in time.

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Woohoo! I won! :)

This swap just gets more awesome! :)

• redthreaddiy
    13 years ago

Congrats to the winners!!!

• amybeth82
    13 years ago

Wow, surprised but relieved to see that my cards are still trickling in. They were all sent at the same time.. hard to believe some are just now being delivered. Thanks for letting me know they're arriving though, and for all the kind words! This swap really helped me keep the holiday spirit alive. I spent a long time today sorting seeds -- what a wealth of possibilities you all sent in the mail! I can't wait to wintersow later this week. Thanks all!

• cardinalwv
    13 years ago

Good afternoon; I was surprised today to receive a couple of Christmas cards with seeds included. I want to say a special THANK YOU to these two ladies:
    deanna_in_nh for seeds from my wish list plus a special hand written Bible verse written inside the card
    karendee for some seeds from my wish list in a Christmas card

Thank you two special ladies for the surprise in my mail box today.

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable beginning to this New Year and are looking forward to a great time planting their new seeds. I have looked up how to start some of the seeds to be ready when warmer weather comes. Imogene from West Va

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

I have 14 cards still not accounted for.

I was just wondering if they were received?

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    13 years ago

I have several cards unaccounted for as well. It's ashame that they weren't posted that they at least received. I guess they just got busy with the holidays. :-(

ishareflowers - Thank you SO much, Lisa! Yes, it is better later than never! I was SO surprised to see a card so late, but so ecstatic at the same time. I'm so glad I got one more. :-) It was super special, too, packed with 11 awesome selections. Thanks for the Barese Chard, Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce, Bouquet Dill, California Wonder Bell Pepper, Slow Bolt Cilantro, Lemon Basil, Edible Chinese Luffa, Parsnip, Calico Red Popcorn, Edible Bottle Gourd, and Lovage. Several of these are big wants of mine and some very unusual varieties to come across in trade. I'm so excited!

I also wanted anyone who's still reading the thread to know that I started working outside the home again. It's been a crazy adjustment, so my time is much more limited now. I haven't been keeping up with Facebook and email the way I used to. I'm very happy how it's going, though. I bet I won't have much time for trading now, though. :-( Any last connections from those of you on Facebook, though, I would be more than happy to add you! I'm not on it 10 times a day any more, but I'm still trying to keep up with my friends/family.

Blessings,
    Angela

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

There are a few people that I sent to that have not posted. And possibly, I missed their posting!! But I also wonder if they received their Santa mail. I have friends that tell me they sent me Christmas cards well over a month ago and I have yet to receive them.

I am thinking back to last month when there was a big problem getting on GW. I remember posting "Thanks" to a few people. I checked after and found my posting was not to be found. It took me three or four times to get it "posted". I would have never known it was not posted the first time had I not checked the thread. Unfortunatley, I did not check every time I posted to see if it took. So I hope all of you who sent to me received my thanks.

Thanks again Kym for being the most lovely and unselfish Santa. And to all of your elves who sent beautiful wishes and seeds of love, I thank you. This Secret Santa Swap truly is so special. It is a reminder of what Christmas is all about.

Happy New Year!!

Annie

• daffodillady
    13 years ago

Would it be inappropriate to post a list asking if cards were recieved? Not to fuss at anyone, but to relieve the wondering?

• redthreaddiy
    13 years ago

daffodillady: I think that's a good idea.

• daffodillady
    13 years ago

Ishareflowers: Lisa sent an elegant reindeer card with grenache pink hibiscus, yarrow apple blossom, hibiscus white with red eye, yarrow paprika, and hibiscus luna red. I was delighted and excited to receive this unexpected but very welcome assortment of seeds. Thank you so much!

Lisa- did you receive seeds for white datura, amaranth, and gaillardia from me?

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Daffodil,

I was having a real hard time getting on garden web for almost the whole month of December...I still keep getting booted out sometimes!

I DID get a card and I thought the Thank you posting went through although I did not go back and check..

Thank you!

Lisa

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

If you sent me a Secret Santa card and seeds and there is no "thanks" posting from me, please let me know. I went through all the back "Santa" threads last night and checked my cards with my postings. Everything I received was acknowledged.

Happy Saturday to all!

Thanks again to all.

Annie

• daffodillady
    13 years ago

Ishareflowers: Thanks for the update. Now I only have two more "wonders" to go (-;

• margarita10
    13 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I went through all my cards and sent my thank you's but I still have 3 cards unaccounted for. The cards were sent about a month if the following elves have not received my card please email me and I will resend: sky2009, ivyp, aimsterfl.

Thanks,

Margarita10

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Well, I have one more thank you to add to this thread. I received a SECOND envelope from celeegra yesterday! Grace, that was SO sweet of you to send a couple beans off of my wishlist, just because one packet that was in your Christmas card got crushed. Thank you so much for caring enough to try to make it right. You are a sweetheart!!!

Bonnie