Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: obf-"let us know-let us know"

Posted by margaret_2007 5A (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 16:53

Our Bloomin Friends "OBF" is an exchange group that you must be a member to join in our swaps. If you desire to join, please contact Shirley (brittineysgran) or Carol (veeja11).
From our last swap in "Being Thankful" several stated how thankful we are for our Garden Web friends. I think we would all like to know each other better & with that in mind, I am going to send out a way we can do that if all participate well. You do not have to join the swap to participate if you don�t want to but we would love to know about you, too.
Signup starts today December 2nd. End of signup December 9th
Partners named: December 10th
Mailed: by December 17th
Rules: Small box $5.25 or padded envelope with confirmation posted here when mailed
Contents: Card, made or bought
Ornament, made or bought
Food or candy item
Homemade or bought
1Garden item(seeds or other)

Contents posted here when received.

Please make this a short, sweet ,delightful & enlightening Swap for all of us.
Margaret

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: obf-"let us know-let us know"

Magaret-I want to know-want to know.....Love it, count me in.

Shirley

o

Me too!

Sue G

o

Hello-Welcome, Sue & Shirley! Sorry for no input yesterday. I have decided to wait for more sign-ups before posting some of the information helping us to know each other better. Sure hope we do have others joining. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to quickly pop on & wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I probably won't be on here for awhile, most of my web surfing I do is through the computer at work, and it doesn't seem to like GW much. I am working a lot of extra hours to try to make up for all I missed last month. I'll be working on Christmas as well. It's either work to be able to keep up with the bills...or not and get further behind! Not much choice, especially the motor in my truck just blew & we aren't finished with my daughter's medical tests yet. Forget the rain, my family is in a full blown hurricane right now! :) But there's blue skies ahead...I can feel it....I'm trying to stay positive!
Anyway, I do post on facebook fairly often, though, so I'm able to keep up with many of you on there.

In any case, have a WONDERFUL Christmas, Ladies! And a safe & Happy New Year! I hope Santa is VERY nice to y'all and your stockings are full to bursting! :)
Hugs to all!
Melissa

o

Great idea, Margaret, but I'll have to pass this month. Will try to stop in to visit though!
Jeanne

o

I enjoy making new gardenweb friends and getting to know each one. Count me in on this swap.

Bunny, I am sorry to hear things have been rocky lately. I hope you keep up the positive attitude. Take care of yourself, this is a stressful time of year as it is and adding extra work can be hard on your health. I hope your daughter is doing well. Will be thinking of you and your family.

Margo

o

I used to be a member, but due to health issues and money I dropped back for about a year and half. Things are a little better now and wondering if I can join in this month. Love the theme. Just let me know. Thanks, Melinda

o

Hello count me in on this one.
faye!

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies- So happy to see more sign-ups. Welcome, Faye, Margo & Melinda. I remember trading with you, Melinda & I know there are still others who have done so , too. It is so nice to have you back & I know Shirley & Carol will remember you, also!

We will miss you Jeanne & Melissa but please check in once in a while. Feel free to add your input about yourself so the rest of us can learn more about you.

LIST OF THOSE SWAPPING:

Margaret-margaret_

Shirley-brittneysgram

Sue-sguanzon

Margo-smitties

Melinda-ilovefarac

Faye-nottuogly

PASSING THIS MONTH

Melissa-Hazelnutbunny

Jeanne-sandlapperrose

Now for some of the way to get to know each other. This is just for you to use getting to know each other so you will have a start on this but please don't post until all the information is here. I will let you know when that is!

Unscramble the following words & use each one in the story you will be telling us about yourself. Sure hope there are none I left letters out of!

NGELA

SEDSBLE

FECLARPIEIHYSLDO

LAMFIY

ISRDEFN

ASLTIEPRONY

DREHCNIL

TASETNOBRNI

LGISSNB

QUESTION #1-WHAT IS THE GREATEST MISCONCEPTION ABOUT YOU? THIS TO BE ANSWERED IN YOUR REPORT TO US WHEN ALL INFO IS IN!

Now, How about sending in now one of your favorite holiday
traditions & a favorite simple recipe you always make or take to others this time of year.

More coming tomorrow! Looking forward to others joining us tonight & tomorrow. Blessings, Margaret

o

It is late so I will start doing the unscrambling tomorrow and will wait for further instructions but I am sure curious about it all.

Now for traditions. Since my oldest son was 3 and our second child was 2 months old, we have done a Christmas eve lunch and matinee. We have five children now who range in age from 19-30 and they still enjoy that tradition. Each year may find one or more having other Christmas eve traditions with spouses family or because they live out of state but if they can do it, they are there. This year we will have four of the five here. This is really only one of several traditions.

I make candy each year to give away as gifts and the easiest is my thin mints. All you do is melt candy bark, add a few drops of peppermint flavoring to taste. Dip Ritz crackers to cover in chocolate and then tap excess off. Let harden on wax paper. These are a favorite and so easy.

Margo

o

Oh, Margo. Those sound so easy! Will definitely make those. I have worked on the scrambled words for awhile. Boy, a few have me quite stumped. Will do more later. Thanks so much for letting me be a part of OBF again.
Will list my recipe and tradition later. Off for my monthly check up today. Have a good day ladies!

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-I am excited! I just read "My Page" of each of you & learned so much from there, also.

I want to share my favorite tradition-started just about 6 years ago. Remember, God's Word states "There is a time to be born and a time to die", Ecclesiastes 3:2. You will understand why I am putting this verse in when you read my tradition! I have 7 Great-Grandchildren (see, I am probably the oldest one in this group) & I have what I call my "Charlie Brown") Tree so I have all them up to decorate it with ornaments I have bought over the years, unbreakable ones. They & their Mothers come to our house to do that, we order pizza or I make Lasanga for that while my Husband takes the Fathers & Grandfathers to a Pizza Buffet. It's such a blessing to us. If I could post a picture of the tree & them, I would. They have changed Photobucket on me & I haven't figured it out yet!

Now my recipe. So simple & so good. Like you, Margo, I mostly make more candy than cookies.

CREAMY PRALINES

3 oz. package Regular Vanilla Pudding

1 1/2 C. Firmly packed Brown Sugar

1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk

1 Tablespoon Butter

2 Cups Pecans

Combine pudding mix, milk, butter & sugar in heavy pan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, continue stirring & cook to soft ball stage, 238 Degrees. Remove from heat & beat with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens, 2 or 3 minutes watching closely because it starts to set up quickly. Add nuts & drop on waxed paper. This is a favorite of ours & hope you try it & enjoy.

If any of you who are not joining the Swap, please feel free to send your Christmas Tradition & candy or cookie recipes.

Next step-Tell 3 things about yourself, 2 that are real & 1 that is not real. The groups work to do is figure which is real & which is false about you. Keep these in mind (not posting here) until I ask you to & we will all then see if we can guess which is true & which is false. Be very inventive about this & try not to use things you have revealed on this web site.

Have a wonderful day. Blessings, Margaret

o

I love reading Christmas Traditions and hope more share with the group.

Margaret what a wonderful tradition you share with your family. They will always remember this special time I am sure. I'm definetely trying the pralines to take to a cookie party on Monday.

All of my family lives close (some within hollering distance) so we have a Christmas Dinner and play the white elephant game. Everyone looks forward to this and we never know what treasure is in those boxes.

This is one of my favorite recipes. I can eat these until I get sick.

No cook fondant:
1/3 c. Parkay marg. or Mazola
1/3 c. Karo light corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 (1-lb) pkg. confectioners sugar

In large bowl stir together marg, salt, corn syrup and vanilla until well blended and smooth. Add sugar and mix in, first with spoon then kneading with hands. Turn out on board and continue kneading until mixture is well blended and smooth; store in refrigerator. Shape into 1/2 inch balls and press between pecan halves.

Shirley

o

Margaret and Shirley, both your recipes just might be added to my candy list this year. I am always looking for something new. I think I am going to eliminate the turtles and chocolate peppermint drops this year and I can add yours to the list. Thank you,

Margo

o

Margo let me know how you like the pecans and fondant. I have three cookie parties to attend this year (one being mine) so these are what I usually take. My Sister-In-Law has a pecan orchard and gives us plenty of pecans.

Well off to serve egg nog in our towns annual Window Wonderland.

Shirley

o

Ok, Well our tradition is the same year to year, but we are adding a new one to it this year!
Everyone, my kids, their kids, etc. will all get together on Christmas Eve at my house. We always have a large pot of venison chili and potato soup. We also have a large tray of sausages (yes, venison and beef) and all different cheeses. Tons of different crackers to go with. Then everyone brings lots of goodies, fudge, candies, etc. It is a huge smorgasbord of goodies and junk!! Pies, cookies, cakes. Everyone eats all evening and we all visit and each family gets pics taken in front of tree. Plus other pics as we go along! Then we all exchange gifts! It is quite the madhouse and so much fun! This year we will be doing this, but not starting until around 7 pm. We are going to go to a church service and release fountains and light candles for loved ones and then we will do this. I want to do this yearly now and hope all will do with me. Most will.
Christmas Day starts quietly. As most of the day is. Will have ham and turkey and then everyone does dinner and then we usually watch a family movie together or just relax and visit.
As for favorite recipes, this is one my grandmother made while I was growing up and someone always still makes it for holidays or church suppers, etc. It's not a candy but makes great dessert for Christmas day. Many of you have probably eaten it before.

Dump Cake

1 lg. can crushed pineapple
1 can cherry pie filling
Dump these into a greased 9x13 pan and smooth until even.
Add 1 yellow cake mix directly from the box and pour over the fruit. Add 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans (or whatever nut
you like) over the dry cake mix. Then take 1 to1 1/2 sticks butter melted and pour over entire cake. Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.

It's quick and easy!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

o

Margaret,

I will not be playing this month (but I have been tempted...I am in suspense). I would love to join in but I am tapped on time. I am afraid that if I join, the person I send to will not get anything from me until mid January. Have fun!!!

Merry Christmas to all the OBF'ERS.

Great recipes! Great traditions!

Annie

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 20:51

Hi OBFers,
I won't be able to join this month either. December is just too crazy with holiday travel.
The recipes look good! Keep those coming. Mmmmmm @ Margaret's praline recipe. Some of my favorite holiday candies!

Season's Greetings to all!

Katie

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Tonight is the last time for signups. Tomorrow I will list the words needed for your story & names that will exchange. Maybe we will have more join us tonight. Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret,

I'm terribly sorry but I will have to drop out of this month's swap. We've had some unexpected things come up and I just won't be able to participate.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sue G

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-There are 2 of the scrambled words that I combined 2 words. If anyone has figured them out, please post them for a small gift! I will post the words later tonight. Also the partners then.

I am so sorry you had to drop out, Sue. I pray it's nothing serious going on.

EXCHANGERS

Margaret margaret_2007

Shirley brittneysgran

Margo smitties

Melinda ilovefarac

Faye nottuogly

Katie & Annie-we will miss you!

Can't wait to read the stories coming from each of you! Please include in your story:

"What was the toughest/best time of your life?"

What do you like most/least about yourself?

Melinda-Is your cake sometimes called "Hawaiian Cake & served warm? I love that one!

Waiting to hear the double scrambled words. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Here is the send to list

Shirley sends to Faye

Faye sends to Smittie

Smittie Sends to Margaret

Margaret sends to Melinda

Melinda sends to Shirley

Sure hope I got everyone covered!

Still waiting to see if anyone found the 2 combined words & if not by early tomorrow morning, I will post them all! Have a wonderful evening. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi ya'll...just wanted to pop in and wish all of you a Merry Christmas in case I don't get back to this group thread for a bit...I just saw this swap today so I'm too late to sign up but that's ok anyways as I have so much going on and probably would have a hard time participating this month...here's to wishing you all blessings on top of blessings and happiness running over this Christmas season...Take Care, Dianne :)

o

hello everyone.

hmmm, wondering where my previous post went. perhaps better this way, i really didn't need to involve myself in something else i can't get to timely.

margaret i have been working on these workds. i have all of them but two and one, the last one, did you leave an "e" out of it by any chance? should i post what i have?

so hard to believe that the end of yet another year is almost upon us. where did it go?

together with friends, we went to a small town colonial christmas last over the weekend that is helf at a nearby town church. they have a live nativity, people dressed in colonial garb, playing old fashioned instruments, lots of crafts, father christmas, sonjgs and skits. this year thye added a nativity/manger display room...there were about 30 different displays, all shapes and sizes, made of all types of materials, some international, one that had been hand carved by a parishioner's father back in the 20's. i love this event and have been going for several years, but this year topped it with that display.

anyone start their baking yet? i need to start planning. so much to do and what, three weeks left? i need to decorate as well, but i'm thrilled that i have all of my gifts wrapped already, that's the one task i like least of all and i'm usually up late into christmas eve wrapping. i promised myself never again, and am so glad i lived up to my promise.

stay warm everyone!
maryanne

o

Ok, I send to Margaret and I will be getting on to that right away. I have not had the chance to sit and figure out those words. Sorry about that.

Have started my candy and still need to get some pecans so I can try out those recipes. I am excited to add them to my list of candy.

On my way to work. Have a good day all. Margo

o

Yeah, I get to send to Shirley! I too have all the words but 2. I also think an e was left out of the last one. I'm behind now on my Christmas stuff, hurt my right foot yesterday, but thank God it isn't broken. Just torn ligaments, muscles, and tendons. But guess I'll do what I can! Thank goodness my tree is up and most gifts done. Have a great day everyone!

o

Somewhere in outer space is the long email I thought I sent today! Here's another "sometimers", yes I did forget the e in the last one. I keep talking about my age. Maybe I should put mine in my story!

Maryanne-I am so sorry we didn't receive the email you sent. Please send in your list & do the story for us. You are one who I have exchanged with & would love to know more about you! Your day sounds wonderful. I love to do things like that. My baking hasn't started yet but I am doing things different this year. I have decided to just what pleases the Lord Jesus & things that I have always wanted to do & haven't! I have always wanted to ring the Salvation Army's bell but haven't signed up for that yet.

Melinda-Glad nothing was broken & you can carry on!

With some of you having the names figured out please send them in, if you want to. I am sure I have some of you confused (I think I might be, too).

I can't wait to read the stories & hope others who couldn't swap will send theirs in.

I will be checking the posts lots today & will post the words tonight I promise.

Have a wonderful day. Blessings, Margaret

o

Nothing in the posts today & I prommised to reveal the scrambled words so here they are:

1. Angel

2. Blessed

3. Fireplaceholiday (2 combined)

4. Family

5. Friends

6. Personality

7. Children

8. State born in (2 combined)

9. Siblings

Now we can all get busy with our story using these words & the questions I have posted to answer about yourself. Must head for bed so Good Night & Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello-Where in the world is everyone at? I have just finished writing my story & plan on posting in the morning. I guess all are busy & I understand that this time of year! I finally finished decorating today & did itso much different this year. So much less than years before. Now to cards & wrapping. Doing that different, also. It is time to cut out alot of the unnecessary things that meant only something to me & probably won't be missed. Do hope all are well & getting boxes ready to send. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello-I want to post my story tonight & hope others will do so soon!

I was born in Iowa in 1935 making me 77 young (I told you I was probably the oldest one in OBF) & have lived here all of my life. My siblings are 2 brothers & 1 sister who is my best friend. A brother & sister are deceased.

Question #1-What is the greatest misconception of me

That I am an extrovert. I am definately an introvert. I love being alone & I am getting worse. I do hope I don't become a recluse!

Question #2-Name 3 things about myself 2 true & 1 false

1. I have been losing weight and don't know why
2. I use shopping for stress relief
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer

Question #3-What is the toughest/best time of your life

My daughter was hit head-on by a drunk driver when she was 21. Suffered a severe Traumatic Brain Injury & in a
coma for about 3 months. The Lord has graciously provided us with 32 years with her being able to have a somewhat normal life with lots of help, support & structure from us. She now lives in a Transitional Living Home quite a ways from us due to nothing available for TBI persons here. We get her quite often for several days at a time. Many lost hopes & dreams from this.

The best time in my life is now being blessed every day with the peace & joy from my Lord & Savior, Jesus. This is even living without a fireplace! (Had to use that word)!

Question #4-What is the biggest disappointment I have had.

I think the biggest disappointment is that many family members & loved ones have succombed to the use of drugs & have caused much heartache & many tears. I weep for the many families that have been touched by this horrible situation. It makes holidays a grieving time for many that have barriers & strongholds they must deal with.

Question #5-What do I like most/least about me?

I am far from an angel (had to use this word too,) but I really appreciate my sense of humor (all though some people just don't get it)!

I don't like it because I get too emotionally involved with my friends & family problems. I also have been accused of being highly opinionated & I plead guilty to that!

I hope I have covered all the the Questions & used all the words. Hoping I didn't bore each of you to tears. I wait for each of your input revealing some things that you are willing to share.

Blessings, Margaret

o

Good evening. The tree is almost decorated and the angel adorns the top. My son is helping me make some candy so I have a chance to give my story a try.

I was born in Mt. Clemens, Michigan on January 12th almost 56 years ago and have one sibling, a brother. I lived in Michigan until we moved to Ohio in 1982 when my husband was hired by our school district to teach Math. He retired in 2011 although I should say semi-retired since he works part-time for Lowes. I work part-time at a local gift shop which I love working at.

My husband and I have been married for 33 years and have been blessed with five children now ranging in age from 19-30. We love having such a large family which has nearly doubled with the addition of their significant others whether they be spouses or boyfriend/girlfriend. Our holiday will be spent with four of the five as our second son lives is Texas and his new job does not afford him time off yet.

Number one is tough as I am not really sure what any misconception of me might be. Maybe I am similar to Margaret in that people think I am outgoing in personality and although I may appear it, I am quite uncomfortable around people I really don't know well or in large groups.

Three things that may or may not be true is

My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago.
I graduated college in 1979
I have no grandchildren yet

The best time of my life happened five times when each child of ours entered this world. I have loved every moment of being a mom either in good times or bad. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to help a child through any unfortunate event or feeling they may be experiencing.

One of the toughest times of my life was the loss of my grandmother. She passed away December 18th, 2006. My parents divorced when I was an infant and we lived with my grandparents. My grandfather died in 1970 and my grandmother was a big influence in my life and I miss her a lot.

The biggest disappointment in my life is that my time with our children went by so fast and I wish sometimes I had spent more time just absorbing those moments into my brain.

The thing I like least of myself is that I just can't understand the technology today and get frustrated trying to figure it out. I have a huge lack of patience trying to figure new things out and I get down on myself too hard about it.

So, as my story comes to a close, I hope that some of you know just a little bit more about me. I look forward to more stories so as to get to know my fellow Gardenweb friends better.

Margo

o

Margo & Margaret - Wonderful stories and I so enjoyed reading all about you.

I am 60 years old and still work. I hope to retire in 5 more years and plan to open a greenhouse. I was born in Franklin, NC in 1951 on Dec. 24th. I lived in Franklin until I got married and we moved to Atlanta, Ga. and stayed there 13 years. DH and our two children wanted to move back to the mountains so back we came. My parents gave us land so we built our house on it and still live here today. My daughter and her husband live beside us so we get to see the grandkids alot.
I too have most of my decorations up and am planning a cookie party this coming Monday. When I get the idea I may not put all the Christmas decorations up I remember my party and know all my guests love seeing all the decorations so it motivates me. I love the Christmas Holiday and feel sad when it is over. One of my favorite collections is the nativity and I display it on the fireplace.

Question #1-What is the greatest misconception of me.
I guess the answer to this is everyone thinks I am a push over but I'm really easy to get angry. I will have the last word no matter what.

1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers
2. I am still married to the man I married at age 17
3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise

1. The toughest time in my life was when my two children
left home. They were and still are my whole life along with my two grandchildren. My daughter is my best friend and we do everything together. The best times of my life are when we all go camping together or on vacations and etc. I do regret only having two children but at the time thought it would be best. A big family is so rewarding.

I always wanted to teach school and I did not follow that dream. I have been at the same job for 30 years and really have burn out but know I must stay for at least 5 more years. Jobs are not that easy to find here so I am blessed that I have one.

I have an outgoing personality and make friends easily.
I could not live alone for I like companionship. What I like least about myself is I worry alot about things. The Lord tells us not to do that and trust in him. I am not an angel either but I strive daily to be what the Lord wants me to be.

o

Is anyone else having trouble with a site that keeps popping up randomly when on GW? Something called Undertones, not sure if that is it exactly but my screen goes to the advertising randomly and I can't figure out why. Grrrrr

I am back because I forgot to mention that my husband and I live in Bowling Green, Ohio the home of Bowling Green State University and although the University is right here, none of our five chose to go there. We have lived here 30 years and six years ago built a home right outside the city with 5 acres. We made sure to include a FIREPLACE :)

Margo

o

Hello from a rainey day here in Iowa. I love the stories & really looking forward to the rest of them.

Melinda-I just mailed your package & confirmation # is

0311 2550 0001 5574 9202. I sure hope I didn't forget anything as our Post Office closes at 12:15 on Saturday & I think it was about that time when I got there!

Here is the list of who is sending to who

Shirley to Faye

Faye to Margo

Margo to Margaret

Margaret to Melinda--Sent

Melinda to Shirley

I know we are all grieving with those who lost precious

ones in Conn. Please hold them up to the throne as the Lord brings them to your mind. Blessings, Margaret

o

My package is on it's way to Shirley. The dc# is:
0312 1430 9991 4462 6261
I do hope you enjoy the little surprises. I will get to my story soon. I was just so bummed yesterday with the shooting and broke my heart!
Today trying to wrap up the wrapping of presents so can do some cooking next week!
Have a great evening all!

o

Hello, again, Updated list:

Here is the list of who is sending to who

Shirley to Faye

Faye to Margo

Margo to Margaret

Melinda to Shirley--Sent

Have a great weekend. Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret, I have your items but the box is not ready. I am working all weekend so plan to get it mailed on Monday. I will post the Dc when I get the job done.

The gift shop I work at was crazy busy today and boy am I tired. I am guessing tomorrow will be just as bad. Thankfully, my 19 year old son has been helping me with my Christmas jobs such as decorating and making candy. Has helped keep my stress level down. Quite a kid.

Margo

o

The box is ready to go and I will be dropping it off at the post office tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy it Margaret

o

Margo-I'm not having the pop up problem so hopefully you can figure it out.

We need to think about our swaps next year and we need volunteers for hosts. I'm not sure if Carol has left us or not I do see her posting on facebook. I know this is a busy time of year for everyone but we need to try to join in on these simple swaps each month. Lord knows it would take a whole page if I wrote in all the things I am involved in plus I work two jobs. Each time I take a day off from work I have to go in at night to catch up the job. That is what I did tonight, I am taking off tomorrow to host an annual cookie party at my home so I had to catch up the work so vendors can be paid. Anyway just saying please try to join in the swaps. The hosts are making it very easy to join in with very simple trade boxes. Thank you Margaret for taking care of us this month.
My box will go out on Tuesday so be on the look out Faye.

Please sign up for a month next year to be a hostess.

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Shirley

o

I will take February and I promise not to forget. :)

Margaret, your package was dropped off at the post office this morning and should be there by Thursday I would hope.

Margo

o

January
February- Margo
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Thank you Margo you have Feb.

My cookie party was a success had 20 ladies attend. Tons of cookies to eat now and put back on the pounds I lost. Now I have to cook for a Christmas dinner at work...whew I need rest and SLEEP.

Shirley

o

Good morning everyone.

Shirley, Carol usually does July, I'm sure she still will. I'll nudge her! I'll take December.

Nice to get to know you all a little better. I have to think about this and type it out...be back later on. So much to do at this time, not a decoration out (yet). Not a cookie baked (yet). Cards and packages need to go out. And I was so ahead of the game, what the heck happened?

Have a great day!
Maryanne

o

Hi Ladies! It's so hard to believe it's just a week until Christmas! Eeek! I haven't gotten any shopping done....I feel like such a bad mom. I was ready to go out after work last weekend, but our water heater decided to bust all over the front room. So that had to be replaced. UGH. It's always something!!
But after the tragedy in Connecticut last week, all of my problems seem so insignificant. I'm very blessed to have my babies with me for Christmas, that's the part that matters. Not toys, gifts or other material things. My heart breaks for the many parents that are grieving the loss of their son or daughter. It's just horrible.

On a lighter note...Shirley, I'll take May. That should be a good month, and I'll need the distraction.

We had our company Christmas party last night. I barely made it, hubby had to work late, but I made it. It was nice to have the adult conversation and company for 2 hours. I work mostly alone at night, so I don't get to see my co-workers on a regular basis. Forgot how nutty they are. :)
I had planned on having a cookie exchange, but time and circumstances just got away from me! This has been a fast month. Wow!
Lili will be turning 4 on the 30th, so we're thinking of having her party on New Years Eve again. That way, parents get free baby sitting and we're not so bored since we can never go out anyway. LoL!

Ok, off to corral the children. They're supposed to be doing their schoolwork, but I hear a game of Pokemon going on.....Hmmmm..... :)
Hugs to all!!

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Here is an update for our swap:

Shirley to Faye

Faye to Margo

Margo to Margaret--Sent

Melinda to Shirley--Sent

The weather report is posting a Winter Watch starting tomorrow with lots of snow & wind. I think most of it will be above us but we are planning on getting our daughter on Friday & she is over 100 miles north of us! We can wait a few days to have her here for Christmas so will do as the weather allows.

I haven't finished my cards or putting up the lights, which my DH just came in & said I don't need to put up the lights this year as we are the only ones to see them & he hadn't seen too many others up yet. That says a lot to me about the ways he takes to town every day. I told him the lights are for me! Such a holiday spirit he has! Bless his heart!

Shirley-I get tired just reading of your busy schedule. Will you have any time off after the Holidays to rest up?

I am glad I have chosen to do less this year & enjoying the little things more. Have to start thinking of the New Year goals for different areas of my life the Lord wants to change. There are so many areas I need to change in!!

I will be thinking of what month I will take next year & sign up soon. Have a wonderful day! Blessings, Margaret

o

January
February- Margo
March
April
May - Melissa
June - Shirley
July
August
September
October
November
December - Maryanne

Looking good already...I will take June. May, June & July are our market months and very busy but I will take it anyway. I plan to sell on the lily auction next year as well. DH signed up for his social security this year but has decided to keep working. The plan was for him to quit next year around May or June when we get so busy. I think he likes getting those extra checks each month so we will see.

Melissa - Pokeman does sound like more fun than schoolwork. I can remember when computers first came out. I signed up for computer classes at a local college and got introduced to video games for the first time. Well I ended up every class playing games and had to take another class to learn what I signed up for.

Maryanne-Getting the house decorated and cookies made is why I have a cookie party. I know it has to be done by a certain date and it motivates me to get it done quickly.

Margaret-I have actually told them at work I'm taking off for a week starting Dec. 29th. It has been 3 years since the Co. I work for sold out to another Co. and I have no back up. I have been taking 1/2 days and 1 day vacations for 3 years now. They still have not told me I have a backup and can start training someone. Oh well only 11 days left and I'm leaving regardless. A friend of mine and myself are going to Naples,Fla. My friend has a hybrid car and it gets 40 to 50 miles per gallon so we should be good there. We are staying with a lady who has a condo so it won't cost anything there. How can you turn down a vacation like that.

Shirley

o

Hello all sorry to be mia, hoping to have a better year next year. have had the energy of a slug all year, feel like I am in my 100's. I will take christmas in july, hope to do a better job this year. I am 65 yrs young have 5 children 11 grandchildren 4 great grandchildren.
#1 people think I am outgoing but I am actually very shy
#2 may or may not be true
I don't like animals
I dug graves for a living
I was a chimmney sweep
worst time in my life was first marriage husband was abusive
#4 best time in life my 36 yrs with hubby number 2 and birth of my 5 children all for now hugs and Merry christmas
Carol

o

Good Evening, Ladies-My great box was received from Margo today containing-Hand creme & Lip Gloss from Avon-I had just reminded myself to pick up some hand creme yesterday!--A darling Solar Snowman which I had been looking for one last week-Margo, you must have been reading my mind! The cutest Buzz Grass Grow Kit-I have seen these & will wet it down after the 1st of the year-they are really getting popular- my favorite Russel Stover chocolate goodies, some already devoured! a lovely card & Cosmos Daydream & Zinnia Chipendale seeds-both of which are both my favorite flowers. I haven't heard of those names so looking them up right after I get this input. Thanks so much, Margo I am delighted with every item ! will put them all to good use!

Here is an update for our swap:

Shirley to Faye

Faye to Margo

Margo to Margaret--Sent& received

Melinda to Shirley--Sent

Nothing has showed up from our Winter Weather Watch but supposed to start soon. I don't think we will receive too much of anything but the rest of the State will get hit quite hard.

Shirley-I am so glad you are taking that vacation. Enjoy every moment of it & try not to collapse before you get there!

Carol-Thanks for sharing with us some of your information & glad to see you are still among us!

Have a great rest of the week, Ladies. Blessings, Margaret

o

I want to thank Margaret for a wonderful box! Lots of goodies, way more than we were supposed to send!
She sent a beautiful set of small plates and napkins with holly pics on them. Great for desserts and candies. A pair of Christmas socks, christmas kleenexes, seed bags, snowman pin for my coat or sweater, snowman sticky notes, pink breast cancer garden gloves, christmas kitchen towel with recipe for white christmas cocoa. The ornament is a holly painted one, gorgeous. Also some of her pecan pralines and they are delicious!! Must have for my Christmas this year. And last but not least, she sent 2 halves of geodes! I am thrilled with these. Love rocks and geodes and anything like that!! Thank you so much! Made my day.
My foot is some better, able to get around a little. When signed up, didn't know I'd fall and hurt my foot, so wasn't able to get to many places as I usually can to shop! I live in a town of 2700 people and not much here to shop at, so hope Shirley isn't too unhappy with her box. So glad you are going on vacation. Everyone needs that!
Well as for me, I am 54 years old. I was born in Kansas City, Missouri. Lived there until was 10 years old and they had riots in the school and stabbings and my parents took me out and we moved to ARkansas and have been here ever since.
I have 2 children and raised a niece also. My son is married and has one daughter who is 16. They live on a farm where he grows chickens for George's and has 8 houses of them. My dgt. in law is a teacher and teaches disabled children.
My dgt. is also married and has 3 boys, ages 10, 12, and 16. Her husband works heavy equipment construction and she works in a Feed STore here. They live about 3 miles from me, so see the boys often. In fact, I take them to school every morning almost.
My niece went into the Marines right out of high school and is still there. She's done tours in Iraq, Bosnia, and all over. I worry alot but put it in God's hands. She is up there in rank, but don't remember right now. I know it's been 20 years since she went in.
I am a middle child! I have 2 sisters, one about an hour away and one about 4 hours away. We stay in touch often. I have 2 cousins left in my family who are also close like sisters. Most of our family is deceased now, so we truly are very close with the ones left.
I was blessed with many angels in my life, my husband, my mother, sisters, and friends whom have stood by me the last couple years during my trying time with breast cancer. Many Garden Web friends who sent me cards, little gifts, and made me a beautiful lap quilt during this time! My mother has been deceased for 6 years come April and my husband has been deceased for 13 years come June. Never a day goes by that I don't miss them! They were truly angels on earth and now Angels in Heaven.
I consider many gw'ers my friends. But have a handful of friends whom I still have since childhood. I love them all dearly and consider myself blessed to be their friend.
The holidays are always a sad time and bittersweet without my loved ones, but we continue on with the traditions we always have done. I put all the cards from the SSS over my fireplace on the mantel!
The great misconception about me-not really sure. I do worry alot and am a little introverted. I could be a hermit quite easily. Trying to let God do my worrying for me, but some days it is hard!
I have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps.
I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years.
I have gardened all my life in some form or other.
Well, that's about all. I am just truly blessed to be cancer free at this time (even with no breasts)! I have almost 4 years to go to be considered a survivor they tell me, but I know I am already! Thank God daily that I wake up and can enjoy another day with my family and friends.
Hope that today is a good day for all and give someone a hug or a smile! God Bless you all! Melinda

o

I forgot to say that I will take November if no one has taken it yet!

o

Good Morning!

I have so enjoyed reading about some of my fellow OBF'ERS. Margaret, Shirley, Margo, Carol and Melinda, I do now know you a little bit better....You are lovely ladies.

Merry Christmas to all and wishes for good health and happiness in the coming year.

Annie

o

I will be hostess for April if it's not taken.
Merry Christmas to everyone in this wonderful group!
Jeanne

o

January
February- Margo
March
April - Jeanne
May - Melissa
June - Shirley
July - Carol
August
September
October
November - Melinda
December - Maryanne

Way to go ladies..over half the year is taken.

Goodness only 5 more days to Christmas. All Summer and Fall we received very little lumber at work and now all of a sudden we are receiving 25-30 loads per day. The guys are working 58 hours per week and I'm expected to keep up working only 40 hours. They told me today they will be working Saturday and Monday. The only day off will be Christmas day. This sure stinks as I have my family here on Christmas Eve for dinner and opening gifts. Here's hoping I figure out a solution.

Hi Annie, Jeanne sure glad you stopped by to say Hi.

Margaret I have mailed Faye's box.

Now I want to thank Melinda for a wonderful box received today. I actually received the Christmas card a few days ago.

Solid Milk Choc. bar, Russell Stover assorted Choc., and M&M's....yum
I received not one but three snowmen ornaments.
These tomato seeds and they were stored in a box that looks like a book...how cute.
Olive Hill
Dr. Lyle
Prudens Purple
Carbon
Blue Ridge Mountain
Monkey _ _ _ (Oh my goodness...where did they come up with that name)
Can't wait to look them all up especially the last one. I love tomatoes and really enjoy trying new varieties.
Thank you so much Melinda.

Shirley

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies--That Winter Weather Advisory arrived right on time yesterday with very high winds & lots of blowing snow. What a storm it was! So many roads closed, schools closed & lots of everything that goes with it. My DH & I always meet my Brother & Sister In Law, My sister & brother in Law on Friday nights at Wendy's for supper (another family tradition which we really enjoy) & on our way home tonight there was a terrible accident. Couldn't really tell what happened but we had to wait for some time for traffic to be able to move. I do pray there was no one seriously hurt. We are to get my daughter either tomorrow or Sunday but the roads up north are not in good shape yet. Will see what tomorrow brings. This is the first snow we have had & that either ties or breaks the record for how many days going without snowfall.

Shirley to Faye--sent

Faye to Margo

Margo to Margaret--Sent & received

Margaret to Melinda--Sent & received

Melinda to Shirley--Sent & received

Now I must start on the list for the one false clue sent in by the those who have sent their stories. Should be fun! Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Margaret

o

Just curious, do we get to figure out what each member stated that wasn't a real fact?

Margo

o

Margo, I was wondering the same thing while reading through this morning! Not really sure. I think Margaret will let us know soon! (I HOPE! LOL!)
Hope everyone has a great day!

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies--O, yes, I was waiting until everyone had sent & posted their story but I have been working on all the ones sent in. Margo- Have you heard from Faye asking for your address? If not, I will try & get in touch with her to see what's up. Have any of you been working on the false one of those sent in? Some of them are real dandy's! It should be fun finding out more about each other! Blessings, Margaret

o

Nothing from Faye other than her mentioning she was going to send her package some time last week.

Margo

o

Faye has not posted that she received my box either and she should have gotten it by now. I do know her job has her hopping at this time of year.

Margaret-I like to see snow coming down but don't care for it after that. When I was growing up we got lots of snow here in the mountains but get very little now which suits me fine. A cold front came in but it is warming up again here. Hope no one was injured in the accident.

Had a family Christmas dinner tonight with my siblings and their children. One more to go which will be my immediate family tomorrow. I hope to get everything taken down and stored away before I leave for vacation on Saturday. The trees are the hardest and time consuming.

Take care ladies,

Shirley

o

I received my box today. Thanks to Faye for the cute Santa ornament, milk chocolate candy bar, ziplock seed envies, and several packages of seeds for my garden.

Had our traditional Christmas eve day lunch with the kids today. Usually we then do a movie but since no one could decide on one we all would like, we came home and watched Despicable Me. Now we wait for Santa.

Merry Christmas everyone and may your Christmas day be filled with family, fun, and good food. Oh yeah, and lots of presents.

Margo

o

Hello on this lovely Christmas Eve-Pray you are all well & making precious memories with loved ones for the future & reliving some of the good ones from the past this evening. Seems impossible this year is almost over. I sure don't know where it went to & it should show me to slow down & enjoy each day. Of course, it probably wont.

So glad you are ok, Faye. We were all starting to be concerned, although Shirley said you had a very busy time with your job. We are waiting to hear your story & learning more about you. Please remember the 2 things that are true & 1 thing false. We are looking forward to all of us guessing from that input more about each other! Hope we all have time to work on that now.

Shirley to Faye--sent

Faye to Margo--sent & received

Margo to Margaret--Sent & received

Margaret to Melinda--Sent & received

Melinda to Shirley--Sent & received

Here is something I received this evening from a friend & thought it appropriate for the season. I am sure it has been around several times but it is a good reminder for us. I hope it works when you open it. You might have to copy & paste but I hope not.

I'm one of the 7%
Thought you would enjoy .... click here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_VSKn1DAE&feature=player_popout

Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi, Lovely Ladies-First, I would like for all who have been involved with us Diane, Melissa, Sue, Maryanne, Jeanne, & Katie & any others of our Group to send in your information about yourselves (2 truths & 1 untruth)& post them as soon as possible. I am sorry I forgot to do this earlier & this will drag this out a little but it would be nice to know about each of you.

Shirley-Will you have internet when you are on vacation? If not, we need to get this done so you can rest not wondering who wins this game. I know this is VERY important to you!

Let's everyone get busy on this last part & Faye, if you could post your story real soon, too.

I hope all of you had a very blessed Christmas with lots of good memories. Looking for those inputs from all you great OBF'ers Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone had a merry christmas. We had a quiet one at home with the kids. The weather man was calling for snow, but we got nary a flake! :( The kids were disappointed to say the least. I also had to work, as well as my hubby, so we grabbed the precious hours with the kids while we could. We had the nephews over on christmas night, while my SIL worked, so I am beat. Only 2 more kids, but the excitement of company, combined with the holiday sent my kiddos over the edge. I'm surprised I survived. LoL!

I've got a few minutes this morning to catch my breath, so I'll answer your questions, Margaret! :)

That I'm quiet & shy. That always amazes my kids. For instance, my oldest was discussing my love of 80's heavy metal with his pathfinder leader (also my age), and he was ASTOUNDED. He just couldn't picture me rocking out to that stuff. :) Those that know me well know that I can be really loud, very giggly & silly. I'm also incredibly absent minded....VERY forgetful. I certainly don't act my age, but I can blame that on the 8 kids.....can't I? :)

I am terrified of water.
I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf.
I have pink princess seat covers in my truck.

This would be having children. It's a challenge every day to be the best mom I can be, it's a constant learning experience. There have been wonderful times (welcoming a new baby, seeing the kids grow & learn new things, become young men & ladies) and there have been tough times (losing babies). But one thing I know....it's the absolute best.

Not having a close relationship with my mom.

What I like most is my accepting nature. I don't have a mean bone in my body, it takes a LOT to get me riled up about anything, and I don't hold a grudge when I do. Unless you've done something to my children. :) I'm a mama tiger, then.
What I like least...probably my lack of self esteem. Feeling worthless sometimes. I'm getting beyond that...but it still creeps up, especially when something happens that negatively affects me or someone I love. I somehow always feel that it's my fault.

o

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas (if that's what you celebrate). Can't believe this year is coming to a close...where did it go?

Well, I guess it's my turn to bear my soul...thanks Margaret!!!!!

I was born outside of Philadelphia PA and have lived in the tri-county area for my entire life. I would love to move elsewhere, have some real land, raise some chickens...it's just the where. I look all the time, but i'm still where i am! I am one of seven, smack right dab in the middle. It's taken me a lifetime to get over "middle child syndrome".

That I am stronger than I really am. I am strong... mentally, physically, spiritually, but I also fall apart and no one seems to realize that. Oh well, i just pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again!

1. I would like to get married (again).
2. I am a vegetarian
3. I have minimal patience

I think one of the toughest things I have ever had to do was being a single parent. It has been the biggest challenge to be that responsible not only for myself, but that of another human. The absolute best is the gift of my granddaughter, and I relish in the ability to help her parents raise her.

Addiction has hit so many I love/loved. Death, destruction, loss of hope and dreams. It's one of the worst things to deal with and I would not wish it on anyone. Unless you've lived with it, there's no way to understand the magnitude of destruction, it wipes you of everything. Learning to live with it, active or not, is the key ~~ applying what you learn, not always the easiest thing, but if you work it, it works.

Most, is I would do or give anyone help in any way, to the point of doing without. Least is exactly the same as the most...so at least my scale is balanced!

there ya go! thanks for letting me share and thanks to everyone who shared their story.
Maryanne

o

Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 12:06

Ok, let's see what I can do here. Gee, Margaret, you've got some tough questions. So, here it goes:

I am married to a wonderful man, with no kids. Have 1 sister, 1 brother, & 1 half-brother. I'm very close to my large family, especially my mom, sibs, grandparents, aunts, and cousins.

Q1. Greatest misconception about me - that I'm a tough individual. I'm really rather sensitive. Even surprised my husband when he first got to know me.

Q2. 3 things about me, 2 true & 1 false
I love to play golf.
I dislike chocolate.
I'm a humanist.

Q3. Toughest & best times
Toughest time would be when I was dealing with anxiety during college. I am a major introvert. It was quite a struggle.
Best time has been the past 7 years, ever since falling in love with my husband.

Q4. Biggest disappointment
Previous mistakes in choices in my love life.

Q5. What do I like most & least about me.
Most - I am kind hearted, and thus, helping people makes me feel good.
Least - sometimes I wish I were more driven to accomplish more, but then, that would go against my tendency to "stop and smell the roses."

o

Bunny, You have made my day!!! Thanks so much for your story & truths & untruth. You are such a dear one & I really appreciate your love of your family!

I can't wait for the rest of you so get busy, you lovely ladies!!

I found this in my articles I keep & thought I would post it here:

TEN THINGS TO DO WHEN LIVING WITH UNAVOIDABLE STRESS

To walk more slowly

To talk more slowly

To eat more slowly

To play games to lose, not to win

To write down what is making you angry

To smile at other peoples foibles (I had to look this up)a minor weakness or failing of character

To laugh at yourself

To admit you are wrong

To stop interrupting

To do one thing at a time

This one is something I read elsewhere from the above 10-I think it is harder than the above 10:

ALWAYS DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE

I have tried several time & it just doesn't work for me!

Have a great day & please send in those stories real quick. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hope this is what you requested: 2 truths & 1 untruth

I was born in Rhode Island.
People love to hear me sing.
A 4' tall Santa Claus stays in my garage year round.

Jeanne

o

WOW-When I was trying to get my last post completed & sent-we get these new posts from Jeanne, Kate & Maryanne-Thanks so much. Now we have several to work on while the others are coming thru. Keep them coming, Ladies! Isn't life grand! Blessings, Margaret

o

I will try to post some "let us know-let us know" about me later tonight or Friday morning.

Must run! Happy Thursday!

Annie

o

Here is a repeat of my three statements from above. Thought I would make it easier to find.

Our "blizzard" turned into less than 2 inches of snow on the ground. The roads in the country were nasty this morning and the drifts around the cars made it hard to get them out but the sun is shining and a lot has melted.

Margo

o

Good morning! I am hoping that all had a lovely Christmas and it was wonderful to each and everyone of you!
Margo, a great idea to repeat your 3 questions to make it easier to find. Mine is all mixed in with my bunch of stuff I wrote, so I'll put them here also.

1. I have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80,000 worldwide stamps.
2. I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years.
3. I have gardened all my life in some form or other.

I am having fun trying to guess which ones are true and false! Hope everyone has a great day!

o

OK, I will make this quick!

Q1. Greatest misconception about me
I am mean.....Everytime I hear it, I laugh my head off!

Q2. 3 things about me, 2 true & 1 false

1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream.
2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year.
3. I despise eating fruit of any kind.

Q3. Toughest & best times
Toughest times....This is a tough one. I really never look at things being tough. I just work through them and adjust myself.....In 1989, I was in a car accident and ended up losing most of my vision. Obviously, I could no longer drive and my awesome job (Registered Nurse) was to be no more. Not being able to drive took a little getting used to. Out of habit, I would grab my keys and head for the car. WHOOPS!!! I did this all the time for the first year. I think the not being able to drive and the not working was more difficult than the crappy eyesight. But life does go on!
BEST TIMES.....My entire life has been the best. Through thick and thin, good and bad times, life has been great for me.

Q4. Biggest disappointment
My biggest disappointment is other people and the not so nice games they play....

Q5. What do I like most & least about me.
What do I like most about myself? I consider myself a very "fair" person. I base my decisions and opinions on facts and facts alone. I am very up front, vocal and honest, whether you like it or not. What you see is what you get, take it or leave it!!!
What do I like least about myself? Actually, I am in no way an arrogant person...BUT...I really do like myself the way I am, even with my many flaws. I suppose my flaws work for me...LOL. I would say, that I do not trust many people and trust is very important. I always consider the source and take what people say with a grain of salt. I have witnessed so much BS, ie people lying about other people to make themselves look good, people making up "bad and very untrue" stories about someone else etc....I think that is criminal and a real shame. Now after saying all that, I finally realized several years ago "what comes around goes around". The people that I do not trust, the people who lie will have to pay a price. And ultimatley, that is not my problem.

Tata,

Annie

o

Is it too late to post? ... Sorry I've been distant from the computer the last week or so...so much going on but I haven't forgot ya'll and hope all had a very Merry Christmas!

1)Question #1-What is the greatest misconception of me

I think a big misconception about me is that I'm always on top of things...actually I battle with my own demons sometimes but it doesn't show through to the outside world or community...

2)Question #2-Name 3 things about myself 2 true & 1 false

1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids :)))
2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica...
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive...

2 of the toughest times in my life were when my now 16 year old daughter was hit in the head by a car when she was 6 years old and we were given a 50/50 chance of her surviving...i had to pray that if it be God's will He'd help me to let go and accept it as His greater plan...another really hard time was when my hubby got arrested for "attempting to possess a controlled substance" which he didn't do and my ex tried to use it to take my oldest daughter from me...both instances worked out tho as miracles ...my daughter that was hit by a car is now 16 with no bad side effects from that accident...my hubby was cleared with nothing on his record as was only right and my ex lost that battle for custody of my oldest...my life is 1 testimony after another that God does truely watch after His own :)

the best time of my life was when I had my 4 kids (so guess that's 4 best times) :) and then when my hubby got to adopt my oldest since he had raised her from 11 months old she deserved his name and to legally make it complete :)

the biggest disappointment I have had was not having the relationship with my mom that i would like to have...it's a constant forgiveness thing on my end but i don't give up and i'm always there because that is my mom...it has also helped me to be the mom i am to my kids as i'm determined to break that cycle

I like that I try to be open-minded and nonjudgemental of people and that I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt...I also like that I know how to and am willing to be a good friend in deeds and not only words...
I don't like that I am self conscious about my weight...and i don't like that i'm somewhat of a hoarder...i also bite my nails :(

Hope the weather didn't hit anyone here too bad...ya'll be safe and have a Happy New Year :D

Warm Wishes, Dianne

o

i'll do the same as melinda and margo to make life easier.
2. I am a vegetarian

WOW, these getting to know you's are amazing. thank you all!

maryanne

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Great with all the new inputs. We must take my daughter back to the Transitional Living Center for person with Traumatic Brain Injury about 170 miles from here today. Will be back this evening & I will be back on. I am so enjoying the information received & trying just about everything to figure the untruth of those posted. Have a wonderful day. Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret, the story of your daughter is inspiring...I know God had to have a reason for letting such things that seem so unfair happen, but I admire the way you continue life and the love for your daughter under what I can only imagine are sometimes difficult circumstances...I think she's really lucky and blessed to have you as a mom and I smile knowing you had a good Christmas visit with her...having family close in our hearts is one of the best gifts of life...have a safe trip and back, Dianne

I didn't mean to get personal in public, but just had to let you know I respect you and am inspired by you :)

o

well said, dianne...i second your sentiments...public or not!

well, we are getting the snow. i woke up early this morning, it was bright and beautiful out. laid back down for a little bit and next thing i knew, it was snowing and it hasn't stopped yet. should have gone out and got the few necessary things earlier, but i am going to venture out now. hopefully not all the crazies are out and about, but i'm sure the supermarkets are insane, so I'll stay away.

have a nice saturday everyone. this is the last one of 2012. unbelievable, isn't it...that it's going to be 2013?

maryanne

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-We made our trip taking Bren back in record time. The roads were clear all the way, which was a blessing. We had time to stop & get her a larger TV for her Christmas. Didn't want to get it here & take it all the way up there. I am thankful for that because if the roads had been bad, we would have hurry back home and with winters in Iowa, I don't know when we will get back up there.

I have been working on the info. sent in & just have 2 more names to figure out the untruths. I am sure I don't have them all correct but it is sure fun trying. I would like to hear from Shirley but if not, we need to go ahead & list our guesses. Here are my three statements:

I am not sure who has January but will be wanting to post soon, I think. Must get to bed as it has been a long day. Have a great night's rest. Blessings, Margaret

o

so margaret, are we supposed to just post here what our guesses are for the truths/untruths or are we sending them to you?

thanks
maryanne

This post was edited by earthlydelights on Sat, Dec 29, 12 at 23:47

o

I HOPE I GOT EVERYONE....thought this would be easier

margaret_2007

Smitties/margo

Brittneysgran/Shirley

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals
I was a chimmney sweep

Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps.

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water.

Earthly/Maryanne
2. I am a vegetarian

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf.
I dislike chocolate.
I'm a humanist.

Sandlapper/Jeanne

Canyonwind/Annie
1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream.
3. I despise eating fruit of any kind

Moonfire/Dianne
1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids
2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica...

o

Good Morning-Thank you, my dear precious Friend, Maryanne. I was thinking of doing this today & you have done it for us!!! That will make it easier to work with, which I hope to finish up today. Let's try to get them posted tomorrow & see who gets the most right.Have a wonderful day. Blessings, Margaret

o

I'm totally guessing on these so don't bother to copy my answers - LOL! (Also, you won't see any answers for the three with my name - I would get those correct...)

margaret_2007
1. I have been losing weight and don't know why (True)
2. I use shopping for stress relief (True)
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer (False)

Smitties/margo
My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. (False)
I graduated college in 1979 (True)
I have no grandchildren yet (True)

Brittneysgran/Shirley
1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers (False)
2. I am still married to the man I married at age 17 (True)
3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise (True)

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals (False)
I dug graves for a living (True)
I was a chimmney sweep (True)

Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. (False)
I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years. (True)
I have gardened all my life in some form or other. (True)

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water. (True)
I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf. (True)
I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. (False)

Earthly/Maryanne
1. I would like to get married (again). (False)
2. I am a vegetarian (True)
3. I have minimal patience (True)

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf. (True)
I dislike chocolate. (False)
I'm a humanist. (True)

Sandlapper/Jeanne

Canyonwind/Annie
1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream. (True)
2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year. (True)
3. I despise eating fruit of any kind (False)

Moonfire/Dianne
1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids (False)
2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica... (True)
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive... (True)

o

This is to funny!!! Here are my guesses!!

margaret_2007
1. I have been losing weight and don't know why TRUE
2. I use shopping for stress relief FALSE
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer TRUE

Smitties/margo
My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. FALSE
I graduated college in 1979 TRUE
I have no grandchildren yet TRUE

Brittneysgran/Shirley
1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers TRUE
2. I am still married to the man I married at age 17 TRUE
3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise FALSE

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals TRUE
I dug graves for a living FALSE
I was a chimmney sweep TRUE

Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. TRUE
I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years. TRUE
I have gardened all my life in some form or other. FALSE

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water. TRUE
I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf. FALSE
I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. TRUE

Earthly/Maryanne
1. I would like to get married (again).TRUE
2. I am a vegetarian FALSE
3. I have minimal patience TRUE

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf. FALSE
I dislike chocolate. TRUE
I'm a humanist. TRUE

Sandlapper/Jeanne
I was born in Rhode Island. TRUE
People love to hear me sing. FALSE
A 4' tall Santa Claus stays in my garage year round. TRUE

Canyonwind/Annie

Moonfire/Dianne
1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids TRUE
2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica... FALSE
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive... TRUE
Happy Sunday!!

Annie

o

Ok, here are my answers! And yes, this is so much fun!

margaret_2007
1. I have been losing weight and don't know why (T)
2. I use shopping for stress relief (F)
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer (T)

Smitties/margo
My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. (T)
I graduated college in 1979 (F)
I have no grandchildren yet (T)

Brittneysgran/Shirley
1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers (F)
2. I am still married to the man I married at age 17 (T)
3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise (T)

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals (F)
I dug graves for a living (T)
I was a chimmney sweep (T)

Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps.

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water. (T)
I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf. (T)
I have pink princess seat covers in my truck.(F)

Earthly/Maryanne
1. I would like to get married (again). (T)
2. I am a vegetarian (T)
3. I have minimal patience (F)

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf. (T)
I dislike chocolate.(F)
I'm a humanist. (T)

Sandlapper/Jeanne
I was born in Rhode Island. (T)
People love to hear me sing. (F)
A 4' tall Santa Claus stays in my garage year round.(T)

Canyonwind/Annie
1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream. (T)
2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year. (T)
3. I despise eating fruit of any kind (F)

Moonfire/Dianne
1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids(T)
2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica... (T)
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive...(F)

Actually some of these were hard! LOL!

o

Here are my answers and I fear they are all wrong. LOL I will be interested to see what the correct answers are. I like this idea of a game too as it is a lot of fun.

margaret_2007
1. I have been losing weight and don't know why False
2. I use shopping for stress relief True
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer True

Brittneysgran/Shirley
1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers False
2. I am still married to the man I married at age 17 True
3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise True

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals False
I dug graves for a living True
I was a chimmney sweep True

Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. True
I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years. False
I have gardened all my life in some form or other. True

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water. False
I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf. True
I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. True

Earthly/Maryanne
1. I would like to get married (again)False
2. I am a vegetarian True
3. I have minimal patience True

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf. True
I dislike chocolate. False
I'm a humanist. True

Sandlapper/Jeanne
I was born in Rhode Island. True
People love to hear me sing. false
A 4' tall Santa Claus stays in my garage year round. true

Canyonwind/Annie
1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream. true
2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year. false
3. I despise eating fruit of any kind true

Moonfire/Dianne
1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids true
2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica... true
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive... False

Margo

o

What fun! From some of the answers I am wondering about changing some of mine! After we all get our answers done, we will all put in our correct FALSE one & see what & who we come up with! Blessings, Margaret

o

okie dokie...here are my guesses. i didn't answer my own.

margaret_2007
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer - FALSE

Smitties/margo

Brittneysgran/Shirley
1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers FALSE

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals FALSE
I was a chimmney sweep

Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. FALSE

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water. FALSE

Earthly/Maryanne
2. I am a vegetarian

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf.
I dislike chocolate. FALSE
I'm a humanist.

Sandlapper/Jeanne

Canyonwind/Annie
1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream. FALSE

Moonfire/Dianne
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive...FALSE

now to go back and read what everyone else though!!!!

maryanne

This post was edited by earthlydelights on Mon, Dec 31, 12 at 0:25

o

Mon, Dec 31, 12 at 12:03

Oh, this is too, too funny. Here are my guesses (excluding myself, of course).

margaret_2007
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer FALSE

Smitties/margo
My name used to be Margaret but I had it legally changed a few years ago. FALSE

Brittneysgran/Shirley
3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise FALSE

Veeja/carol
I was a chimmney sweep

Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. FALSE

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa

Earthly/Maryanne
2. I am a vegetarian
3. I have minimal patience FALSE

Kchd/Kate
(that's me)

Sandlapper/Jeanne

Canyonwind/Annie
3. I despise eating fruit of any kind FALSE

Moonfire/Dianne
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive. FALSE

o

Hi Ladies! I hope everyone has a fun & SAFE New Year's! I'm heading in to work, so I'll sip some apple juice while watching the countdown on the multiple TV screens there. :)

Here are my guesses:

margaret_2007
1. I have been losing weight and don't know why- FALSE

Smitties/margo
I graduated college in 1979- FALSE

Brittneysgran/Shirley
1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers FALSE

Veeja/carol
I was a chimmney sweep

Ilovefarac/Melinda

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water.

Earthly/Maryanne
1. I would like to get married (again). FALSE
2. I am a vegetarian

Kchd/Kate
I dislike chocolate.
I'm a humanist.

Sandlapper/Jeanne

Canyonwind/Annie
3. I despise eating fruit of any kind- FALSE

Moonfire/Dianne
2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica... FALSE
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive.

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Sorry I am late signing in. Have had several pressing issues today so slowed me down.

I think we haven't heard the input from Faye with her truths & untruths- haven't heard answers from Diane, Carol, Shirley & Faye. I sure would appreciate it if someone would verify this for me. I will be adding my answers tomorrow & wait until tomorrow night to see if we hear from those I've mentioned. If not, don't you all think we should go ahead with it? Thanks so much for all the input so far. These answers seem to be on my mind quite a bit & can't wait to find out the truth about each of you. Have a wonderful evening & pray each of you will have much joy & peace in the coming New Year. Blessings, Margaret

o

margaret_2007
2. I use shopping for stress relief (True)
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer (False)

Smitties/margo
My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. (True)
I have no grandchildren yet(False)

Brittneysgran/Shirley
1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers (True)
3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise (False)

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals (False)
I dug graves for a living (True)
I was a chimmney sweep (True)

Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. (False)
I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years. (True)

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water. (False)
I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. (True)

Earthly/Maryanne
1. I would like to get married (again). (True)
3. I have minimal patience (False)

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf. (False)
I dislike chocolate. (True)
I'm a humanist. (True)

Sandlapper/Jeanne
I was born in Rhode Island. (True)
People love to hear me sing. (False)
A 4' tall Santa Claus stays in my garage year round. (True)

Canyonwind/Annie
1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream. (True)
2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year. (True)

Moonfire/Dianne

Wow some of these were really hard...ya'll please be praying for me...I feel like I have an ear infection and a sinus infection and am running a fever...what a way to spend New Year's Day...on a good note I had a really good New Year's Eve with my hubby and daughter...we went to a Chinese restaurant for supper, saw a movie (James Reacher) at the theater, and listened to music, watched a giant domino drop, and saw fireworks...it was really nice...I wasn't really feeling like going out but I felt like if I did I'd feel better...I did feel better for a while and then in middle of night I woke up sweating...after I finally got to sleep after coughing my head off from sinus drainage...Hope all you wonderful ladies have a happy and blessed year ahead of you and your families...since virtual hugs aren't contagious I can send around plenty of those :) HUGS! , Dianne

o

Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve! I myself slept through it! Was my first day feeling fairly well. Spent Christmas day in bed with strep, sinusitis, and ear infection. So Big Hugs to you Dianne, as I know how you feel! Seems everyone here and all over have some sort of bug. My son has the genuine flu right now and it's bad. Way worse than what I had! I hope and pray everyone else is well and healthy and stays that way!
I am loving the answers on these! Some really good statements from you ladies! Can't wait to see the final truths!
Have a joyous and blessed day!

o

Happy New Year one and all.

I notified Carol to come complete her part. I think Shirley is away until today or tomorrow. Faye I'm not too sure about. I'd rather wait until everyone had a chance to guess and then clear things up. No one stepped up for January, so we have some time to continue this.

Sorry to hear some of you aren't feeling great. Hope it all passes soon. We had a quiet NYE, great dinner, light snacks later on, a toast in the good glasses with sparkling grape juice (which i actually thought was apple, but we must have drank that one prior) and then some popper type fireworks. all in all a good way to spend it where a 6 year old is involved. today we all slept in late, too late. school starts up again on wednesday - thank God, time to get back to a real routine. sadly enough an old acquaintance lost her long suffering battle with cancer and will be laid to rest on wednesday. she fought a real hard battle, a very long one indeed. now she has some peace in the arms of God.

Dianne, when my father was alive, it was always his tradition for chinese food on NYE. my parents didn't eat much chinese, but i always remember it on that night. my mom isn't one for it, rather she waits for that "good luck pork dinner" on NY day. i'm going to make some seafood - a little shrimp, crab and lobster, along with some veggies and either rice or potatoes, not sure yet.

Wishing you all a very blessed, happy and healthy new year and that all your dreams come true!

Maryanne

o

Wow, sure is a lot of crud going around. I am going to get my flu shot this week, (hopefully). I heard there is a bad one passing its way around town and with working in a store with the public, I can't take chances. Already had a customer complain she had spent Christmas day in bed with broncitis and she said she would rather have all her teeth pulled than go through that again. Here she was, shopping only four days later. Priorities people, priorities!!!

Went out to eat with my husband last night but the waits were so long, he couldn't do the movie we had planned on doing. Came home and chilled with our 19 year old and his girlfriend. Fell asleep before the ball came down but woke up to welcome in the new year.

Today is just a lazy day with a little cleaning up in between. Happy New Year to everyone and enjoy the day.

Margo

o

Good evening, Ladies-I think Maryanne's idea is a great one for waiting to see if Shirley & Carol & Faye will answer. I didn't know that there wasn't anyone signed up for January yet. Anyone here interested?

Will check in tomorrow.

Sorry for those who have been ill. It can sure take a person down & make you feel so lousy. Better days ahead for all, I pray.

Thanks, Maryanne for contacting & your great input.

God Bless Us Everyone for the New Year!!

Blessings, Margaret

o

margaret_2007
2. I use shopping for stress relief false
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer (true
Smitties/margo
My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. (True)
I have no grandchildren yet(False)

Brittneysgran/Shirley
1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers (True)
3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise (False)

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals
I was a chimmney sweep
Ilovefarac/Melinda
have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. (true
I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years. (false

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water. (False)
I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. (True)

Earthly/Maryanne
1. I would like to get married (again). (True)
3. I have minimal patience (False)

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf. (true
I dislike chocolate. (false

Sandlapper/Jeanne
I was born in Rhode Island. (false
People love to hear me sing. (true)
A 4' tall Santa Claus stays in my garage year round. (True)

Canyonwind/Annie

Moonfire/Dianne
1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids true
2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica...true
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive...false

o

Sirley,
I just loved the package you sent to me.
I really liked the Christmas survival kit.
I am sorry I took so long in thanking you. I have been really really sick since Nov 27th. So bad I can not even work at Amazon. Hopefully I will get to go back to work on Monday.
Thank you very much for everything.
Faye!

o

Hello everyone. Hope you are enjoying this cold, winter day. I really would love to be out and about picking up the garden, cleaning and getting ready for the upcoming season, but the cold is too cold and is straight to my bones. So, I have opted to put Christmas decorations away. It's not always such an easy task, because it's carrying things up and down the stairs, rearranging bins, etc. Every job I do, no matter what it is, is a job on top of a job before the original task can be completed. I will be happy however to get my house back to normal.

I think I destroyed (another) tea pot. It's one of those glass ones that you can boil on the stove. i left it on accidentally when I took my girl to school this morning and i had thrown in a few tea bags, so of course by the time I got back, the water was all boiled out, the bags were burnt to a crisp and the glass bottom is all scorched. I did scrub it for a bit and some came out, now I have it soaking in a concoction that I am not sure will clean it. i hope i can figure out something to bring it back to life. This isn't the first time I've done something like this .

So Margaret, it looks like we are just waiting on Shirley to make her guesses then we can finally find out the truth about each of us. I look over my answers/guesses and would like to change a few now that I think about them, but I guess I'll take my chances.

Oh well, my break is over....time to get back to the grind.
Take care all, stay warm.

Maryanne

o

Oh my goodness I've missed tons of new posts and true or false questions. I promise to read them all and post my answers tomorrow.

Sharon and I drove 12 straight hours from Naples. Fla to Franklin, NC I am definetely dead.....WE had the best time ever though so it was worth it. I left 20-30 degree weather last Saturday and found 60-70 degree weather in Naples. Lois took us everywhere and we went to the everglades, rode on a swamp buggy and an air boat. Also went to my first art showing and met all the artists. We went to see Life of PI in the most beautiful theatre I have ever seen. The stores were so ritsy I could not even afford a pair of socks there. Lois had a 45' tower built on her property so we saw the New Years fireworks from a very special private place. She lives only 300' from the Beach so you only had to walk out the gate and you were practically at the pier. I am so spoiled I don't know if I will ever be the same.

Off to bed.............

Shirley

o

Welcome back, Shirley-I could use a vacation like that & I am sure all you ladies would like one, too!

I am so happy we heard from you, Faye. This stuff that is going around is terrible & supposed to get worse according to information from the CDC. Do you feel up to sending in your story for us. I think we haven't received that or your picks of the untruth info from all. I know we are all anxious to learn more about each other.

I will send my answers in sometime today but I need each of you to send in your untruth to me so I can post them & find out who of us (I am not included in the prize) has the most correct. I can't think of an easier way & would love suggestions. My email is mjcurry@mchsi.com.

Maryanne=When I get the answers would you be willing to verify the winner with me? Let me know, Ladies & have a wonderful weekend. It is starting to drizzle here, a mixture of rain & snow. Hope it doesn't stick. Blessings, Margaret

o

good afternoon everyone. welcome back shirley, sounds like a fabulous trip. take me with you next time, i'll share the driving!!!!!

no problem margaret, i'll help in any way.

it's warming up here, instead of that biting to your bones cold. i'm still doing my christmas clean up. dang did that tree drop so many needles and it still looks fresh off the farm!

be well all, enjoy your day!
maryanne

o

margaret_2007
3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer - FALSE

Smitties/margo
My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. - FALSE

Brittneysgran/Shirley

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals - FALSE
I was a chimmney sweep

Ilovefarac/Melinda
I have gardened all my life in some form or other. - FALSE

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
I am terrified of water. - FALSE

Earthly/Maryanne
2. I am a vegetarian - FALSE
3. I have minimal patience -

Kchd/Kate
I love to play golf.
I dislike chocolate. - FALSE
I'm a humanist.

Sandlapper/Jeanne
People love to hear me sing. - FALSE

Canyonwind/Annie
3. I despise eating fruit of any kind - FALSE

Moonfire/Dianne
3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive... FALSE

Faye & Dianne---Praying you both are feeling better.

Maryanne-Sure glad the tea pot did not burn your house down. I would say most of us have done the same, I know I sure have and it's so scary.

No one ever took January to host so if we have a volunteer please say so.

Shirley

o

Hello, Ladies-The untruths are coming in so I must send mine. Exciting to see who guesses the most! Blessings, Margaret

Smitties/margo

Brittneysgran/Shirley
I don't like sports and rarely exercise. FALSE

Veeja/carol
I don't like animals. FALSE

Ilovefarac/Melinda

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
Earthly/Maryanne
I am a vegetarian. FALSE

Kchd/Kate

Sandlapper/Jeanne

Canyonwind/Annie
1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream. FALSE

Moonfire/Dianne
I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica... FALSE

. Keep those untruths coming & Faye, we will be glad to wait for your story & untruths. Blessings, Margaret

o

I have been out of town for a few days. I returned home last night...have been enjoying reading all the false and true guesses. To funny! Margaret, I sent you my "False" last night!

Happy Sunday to all!

Annie

o

Hello-What beautiful day it has been here!

The names I need to receive for the their FALSE choices are: Melissa, Carol, Jeanne, Diane & Maryanne. If I am wrong & should have any of these, please let me know.

I have received from: Melinda, Margo, Annie, Kate & of course, I have mine.

When I get those & find out who had what correct, I will send the info to you , Maryanne & you can verify for us.

I can't wait to see how many I have MISSED! Blessings, Margaret

o

Sorry-I left Fayes' name off. We need your story, Faye & the untruths of each one. Do hope you are feeling better so you can go to work tomorrow! Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret I sent my untruth yesterday if you did not get it I will send again.

Shirley

o

Hi, Shirley, I did get yours. Thanks for letting me know.
So glad you had a great vacation. Back to work tomorrow?

Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret...Yes back at it tomorrow....dread to see my desk.

Blessings to you.

Shirley

o

sending now margaret, i was out all day with a dear friend and then by the time i got in, it was time for the season 3 premiere of downton abbey and i'm just now getting to the computer. i'm sending in my untruth now.

maryanne

o

wish there was time to change an answer. i see i misinterpreted one in particular and it's killing me that i know it to be an untruth!!!!

looking forward to the results. this is a lot of fun.

maryanne

o

Just sent ya mine Margaret :)

o

I thought I sent mine to you back when they first got listed, but maybe not. I will send it again.
Jeanne

o

Hi, Ladies-Thanks Jeanne, Diane & Maryanne. I think we need Melissa's, Carol's & Faye's to finish up.

I thought I checked closely, Jeanne but I might have missed it. Thanks for sending again. Blessings, Margaret

o

I'm sending mine right now, Margaret! :)

o

Thanks, Melissa. Now for Carol's & Faye's. Blessings, Margaret

o

I dreaded going back to work to see the mess and it was bad...worse than I anticipated. However, I was so proud of myself I did not get stressed out.

Shirley

o

That's great Shirley, to not get stressed. When I went back to work after my heart attack, i went back to close to 300 emails and 60 voice mails and then a project that was due for the following thursday, requiring 57 reports, which i was told about on wednesday and they wanted them on friday to be prepared if there were any revisions. so since they charged me with vacation while i was in the hospital and home recovering, i took a couple sick days and then never went back. i didn't need the stress of them causing me more anxiety and yet another heart attack. that was the worst company i ever worked for and never, ever again will i give so much of myself for so little.

margaret, i sent a notice to carol to update you.

hope everyone is well!
maryanne

o

Thanks, Maryanne. I will email Faye to see if she wants to update & if not, when we hear from Carol-we are set to go! Blessings, Margaret

o

Maryanne good for you....All the guys were watching me yesterday to see how I would re-act when I saw my desk. I did say guys I wish I could afford to get my purse, clock out and go back home and then I laughed. I'm sure if the stress had caused you another heart attack they could have cared less. I know I am just a number where I work.

My sweet Aunt called me today and told me to come by her house because she fixed me some soup and cornbread. It was so nice not to cook when I got home.

Shirley

o

The suspense is killing me...LOL!

Maryanne....you took a couple days off and never went back.........FANTASTIC! You have to look out for yourself!
Employers so often treat their employees like garbage. What a shame...it is to bad that so many employers do not understand, that if you give, you get back!!! Shirley, I wish you could have smiled and walked out the door!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

o

Hi, Lovely Ladies-

Thanks, Carol, for your email & now I think I will wait until this evening & if I don't hear from Faye, I will go ahead with swap. If any of you think I should wait longer, please let me know!

Have a wonderful day. It is almost Spring like here & supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow. Then back to 27 Sunday. This is Iowa for you. Blessings, Margaret

o

Good Evening-Nothing from Faye so I just sent Maryanne an email with the FALSE answers so we should have a winner or winner's soon. Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret, i'm checking on the answers, but you didn't send in Kate's false, so I don't know who got that right. I sent you an email as well, not sure where you are checking.

Maryanne

o

Good morning everyone. I finished tallying the responses, adding in the Katie answers, and have sent my results to Margaret, who is going to check them against her results. Even doing this part of it, I again realized just how much fun this was to get to know each other a little more, and to see the imagination everyone had in slipping in that little falsity. It would be fun to do something like this again, way to go Margaret - what a fun month!

So once Margaret makes the comparison, there will be a drum roll and the winner announced!

Happy Thursday!
Maryanne

o

Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 16:37

I am with you, Maryanne. I found it to be a lot of fun, too. I would also suspect that this idea of Margaret's may have resulted in the most participation by non-swapping OBF-ers in a month to date! That's pretty awesome.

o

margaret, hope you got the update, i resent it after receiving your email.

be back later tonight to see where we stand (although I do know the answer!!!!)

congrats to ??????????????????

o

I enjoyed the Dec. swap and thank you Margaret and Maryanne for finding a winner. Can't wait to see who it is. Maybe it was a good idea for no one to take January as Dec. has went over into Jan. Hopefully someone else can come up with something interesting to do.

Shirley

o

Hi, Ladies-I want you to know that Maryanne & I are not ones who enjoy keeping this suspense going on & on. I still have not received Maryanne's tally!! I just emailed her to try sending again!

Maryanne, Please resend or send it Western Union (is that still possible?) Only kidding. I promise we will get to this soon!

I do have a couple of ideas to keep this going for a few more days(not claiming I didn't get the email isn't one of them).

When we get the winner I think we should start a new thread if you all want to continue. Blessings, Margaret

o

I spoke to Margaret by phone this morning, so as soon as she checks her list against mine, she will post the
winner(s).

We did talk about a way to keep the chatter going through until we get ready for February's swap, so I think there will be a new thread, but I'll wait for Margaret.

I know who the winner(s) is/are!!!!

By the way, does anyone have any celery seed, not to cook with, but to plant?

Maryanne

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-and the winner is:

"ANNIE"

Congratulations, Annie-You had a total of 6 correct answers out of 11 of our input.

GREAT JOB, EVERYONE. Will be adding "OBF let us know more-let us know more" either tomorrow or Monday.

Hope you all stay with us & continue enjoy learning more about each other. I have some questions I want to ask some of you & I am sure some of you have questions, also. Blessings, Margaret

o

Congratulations Annie!! Wow, only 6 out of 11! I don't know as much as I thought ! LOL! Very good job!
I would love to know which are really false about everyone, so can know what is really true! Can't wait for more secrets from all!
Have a great night! We are gettng rain and suppose to change to ice or snow, we'll see! But we so need the rain!

o

Congratulations Annie. Good job on the guessing.

Just for fun, I thought I would list my facts and the correct true or false.

My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. This is true. I was given the name Margo at birth but my mother legally changed it at the age of six, (long story). Since I was never referred to as Margaret other than in legal aspects, I decided to change it to what everyone referred me as.

I graduated college in 1979. False, I did a semester of community college and decided I had enough education and went into retail management.

I have no grandchildren yet. Sadly, this is true but there is hope for the future. LOL

I am curious to see others answers.

Margo

o

Yes, I too am curious to see everyone's correct answers! This has been such fun!
Mine are:
1. Yes, I do collect worldwide stamps and have since was a teenager. Another thing I started doing with my mother. I do have over 80,000 pluse stamps!

2. I am a nurse and did work these areas for 20 plus years. I took a leave to take care of my husband, went back, then leave to take care of my grandfather, and then my mother until they all passed of cancer. I have not renewed my license for several years and doubt that I do. I worked very high stressed and critical areas and can take a toll on you.

3. I hated gardening as a child!! I never helped in the planting or growing of things, but sure had to help snap beans, shell peas, etc. (bushels of them)!! I swore I would never garden ever!! When my husband died in 1999, I got into gardening with flowers with my mother! She taught me how to wintersow and we did it together for a couple years. It was my valium at the time and has been ever since! I even grow veggies and put up my own food now!
So no, I didn't garden as a child at all and never thought I would as an adult!! LOL!

Can't wait to see others trues and falses!

o

good morning everyone. not sure how much explanation my true and false needs, but:

I would like to get married (again). this is true, i had such a bad go around the first time and have done it all myself for so long, there has to be someone out there before I die. It's not that I haven't "kissed a few frogs along the way" !!!!
I am a vegetarian - this is definitely false - although i wish i could be at least 75% vegetarian. i couldn't imagine never having turkey at thanksgiving, ham at easter and a good pork roast here and there and at least one good burger during the summer months. health wise, i should get closer to the goal, but .... tofu ain't for me!
I he minimal patience - oh how very true this is, and although I do my best to get better at it, i guess my tolerance level is so low at times too...i can however sit for hours upon hours and put a jigsaw puzzle together, so i guess i have some...i think it's more for just peoples nonsense.
aren't i so boring! LOL

Happy Sunday everyone!
Maryanne

This post was edited by earthlydelights on Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 22:08

o

Maryanne, I have no celery seed!!!

I am quite surpised I chose 6 out of 11 correctly. I am so curious to find out what everyone lied about...LOL!

For now, I will reveal my truths and the BS about me.

1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream....This is TRUE. After my Junior year, I went to Northern Japan on an exchange program for the Summer. For some reason, I found their Vanilla Ice Cream to be outstanding and enjoyed it frequently and I mean frequently. Needless to say, white rice and lots of it, was always on the table. I lost all the weight after I returned but must say that I have rarely consumed any kind of rice since then. And as far as ice cream, I will only eat it if it has nuts in it....I am very picky when it comes to ice cream...LOL!

2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year....This is FALSE. I almost made the journey, had most of the paperwork in order but decided life was to good here in Southern California.

3. I despise eating fruit of any kind....This is TRUE. I plant/grow so many varieties of fruit, I can fruit, I make fruit pies, I always serve fresh fruit, I think fresh fruit is so very beautiful BUT I will not eat fruit, whether fresh, in a dessert, out of a can etc.... I am bad...I despise eating fruit...LOL!

Margaret, this has been so much fun, very interesting...and it is not over!

Happy Sunday!

Annie

o

hahahaaha interesting ladies!

my false would be the skydiving one...i think most got it right...when i went into the military i had the options of being a computer/radio/satellite repair or being one of the peeps that repaired the gadgets inside of helicopters and possibly airplanes...i was gonna go for the 2nd option but they told me i'd have to learn to repel and possibly jump...no sense in jumping out of a perfectly good copter or plane just for sport lol...i'm sure if i had to i'd learn how quick...besides i'm afraid of heights to an extent...it's weird i can do a zipline or climb a rope bridge or even do the rockclimbing stuff...but i froze and freaked out on the repel tower in my basic training and the post commander had to wave that and sign off on it for me not to do it cuz it was a hazard to my health if i panicked lol...how aweful of me and very embarrasing...it's not really a problem going up...just a problem coming down...i can jump off of a rope swing into the river but can't come down without major anxiety from climbing a tree hahahaha...anyways when i got qualified for my job with radio/computer/satellite repair i ended up having to climb satellite towers every now and then...i just had to suck it up and make sure my harness was good lol...

the truths---- well i had 2 military doctors tell me i'd never have kids...i have 4!!! so i am very blessed...i was on birth control when i got prego with 2 of them...my 1st i was a bit over 3 months prego before i found out because nothing had really changed much from my normal cycles and i had no signs...in fact i lost a little weight the 1st 3 months which the doc told me was normal...i was on patrol duty on a tall hill (to me it would have been a small mountain or foothill lol since i'm from AL, but it really wasn't a mountain), up to my knees in snow with all my gear on and passed out and rolled down the hill...when doc's checked me out they couldnt find a thing wrong so did tests and i was prego!!!!...i was on bc to keep my cycle straight and the bc didn't work cuz i was also on infection meds...me thinking i couldn't have kids didn't think about that and docs didn't think to tell me infection meds would interfere with bc lol

2nd truth...i have always dreamed of writing for Nat Geo...loved writing and loved exploring and traveling and altho i didn't care much for history classes in school i found what i could learn on my own in history amazing...never have had the money to really travel so hoped i could get a job doing what i loved and write my way into traveling lol...didn't turn out that way but i'm happy with my life...also loved Guns N Roses and Metallica and while some of their lyrics are aweful some of them have a good meaning to me...so wanted to write for them strictly out of that teenage fantasy/moodiness lol...probably a good thing i ended up not being able to do so now that i look back on my life :)

oh and sorry i get so long winded! i am enjoying getting to know all my gw friends in this way...NONE of you ladies are ever boring to me :)

o

Wow, I am so glad that I'm feeling a bit better to come and say hi! I started reading at the top and read all the way down. How nice to get to know you all better!

I know that I didn't join in this swap or last months but hope it's o.k. if I still answer the questions and tell my story too. O.K. well I won't repeat what you guys already knew about my sickness & recovery. But here is a bit about it that I didn't say...

Although this isn't a fact in stone just my opinion (on the cause)

I have lived in the country all my life and the crop dusters dump
their poisons all over everywhere as people have homes next to fields the wind carries that stuff. When I was 12 (I'm 38 now) I started developing strange health issues. When I was 16 they were very evident. When I was 25 I began having seizures, was in a wheelchair, in and out of a normal state of mind. Lost the ability to read, didn't know my family. It was dreadful! What a trooper my husband is! May 7 of this year made 8 years that I have been seizure free (no meds, that stuff is just about the devil incarnate itself). MS was what I was diagnosed with. My Mom tells me that when I was a baby that when the crop dusters would dust the crops all around us that I would be sick to my stomach and vomiting the entire day afterwards. I believe there is a connection between the 2 if not the cause. My Mom also has MS. I strongly believe that chemicals are causing all sorts of maladies with people, bees & animals. People do not believe me when I tell them I believe that so many diseases are caused by the poisons that we've created and that we are to blame for so many diseases afflicting us. As a kid we played in the fields bare footed!

I live nowhere near fields and if all of a sudden the hundreds of acres of woods around me were turned into fields well I would rather be homeless under a bridge than to ever live anywhere near crop dusting planes again! lol

However since my b-day was in Dec. that's the only thing that has changed I'm now 39. Well, that and I started having seizures again back in Nov. (sighs) I was soooo looking forward to making the 9 year mark to dang it.

Q. # 1 That I am outgoing, I am not and I struggle with being an introvert as well. #1 because I can't remember people. In town I see people that say "Hey Rena', I haven't seen you in forever! How's Roy and the kids?"
I swear I have no memory of ever seeing them in my life!
And it happens constantly. When my husband or kids are with me I then ask "Who was that? And where do I "know them from?"
So I hate going in public where I run into people that I can't remember at all but who apparently know me pretty well. It is disconcerting to say the least. And how do you say Um sorry but I don't remember you. So I just hug them back and smile like they are my long lost buddy.

Q. #2 (Although I missed the game so I'll just list 3 true things.) 1. I can't stand facades. So I make a point when people want to be my friend I tell them everything negative about me 1st. (Although I am a super-positive person.) I figure skip the pretenses and get right to it if you still like me after then you are my true friend and we can have a true friendship. That way we don't waste each others time if down the road you feel like wow that Rena' is a real ding-bat. lol Right up front you know everything about me.
Ex. I like you because thus and so... Then I counter with 2 things about me that should be improved. You then say well I like that about you, I counter with more truth. So my friends know everything about me the good the bad & the ugly. 2. Even though I reveal everything about myself I never ever ask personal questions of my friends. Period. Because if I'm your friend it's unchangeable, I'm your friend. 3. I am such a one track minded person that when company comes over for dinner and I'm cooking you better not talk to me. lol You'd think my husband would know better by now... The other night I felt well enough to cook (hamburger steaks) and he sat down and served himself, his eyes got as big as golf balls after the 1st bite. lol I forgot ALL seasoning, no salt, no cajun seasoning, no worchestsire nada... The whole time I was trying to cook he was talking a mile a minute. My brain can't be in 2 places at one time. Jeesh, he knows that! Aw well if he forgot he was reminded. lol

Q. #3 The worst was when I couldn't hold conversations with any of my family and not understanding them when they tried to talk to me. The best was when I got better and could play ball with the kids, hug them, talk to them and understand them. Also forever I will remember cleaning the bathrooms for the 1st time since I had gotten better and singing loudly while cleaning the toilet. I promise you've never seen someone as happy as I was cleaning a toilet! lol

Q. #4 Seizures returning after 8 years of zero. But I am unbelievably thankful for the 8 good years just wish it would of lasted 'til death.

Q. #5 The most? That I relish the uniqueness & diversity of my family members and friends personalities & strive to never ever be judgemental of others. Although I am unrelenting with judging myself and forever fall short of my own standards which are ridiculously rigid. And that I am an eternal optimist! (Albeit my husband says my "head is in the clouds.") Hummmmm is he saying I'm an airhead?! lol
The least? Wow, that's a toughie too many to choose just one but let's see ... I create unrealistic goals for myself all the time and always am disappointed when I can't achieve them. Wish that I could be more realistic when setting goals. Also I start things am gung ho in the beginning but then get bored or lose interest or am overwhelmed at the unattainability of the goal. And battle depression as a result.

Anyhoo on the bright side yesterday here was so warm I was in a short sleeve shirt and planted some more bulbs, yes I know they should all already be in the ground (all 400 of them). lol Got about 10 planted... Only 390 (or so) more to go...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May it be your best year ever!!!

Rena'

o

*Hugs Rena*

You inspire me! Just wanted to let you know that...even with life's challenges you're an awesome amazing lady who I'm honored to have met...not to get mushy but your story touches me...Yes all things are possible! and Miracles do happen!...I've seen that many times in my own life, especially through my 16 year old daughter who has faced many battles...however when I see someone else overcome it just reminds me how great life is and is very inspiring...just gives that little extra "umph" or push to go on thru the rough times...thanks for sharing :)

o

Wow, very interesting answers! Always nice to find out more about each other. Wonderful idea you had, Margaret! :)
I suppose I should share my false answer as well, so here goes:

I am terrified of water. - This is TRUE. Absolutely terrified. Baths are fine, a swimming pool is pushing it. As long as I can feel the bottom of the pool, I'm OK. But if the water comes up over my thighs, I'm panicking. My hubby dreams of going on a cruise someday...he'll probably have to go without me. LoL! I could never relax with all that water surrounding me! It's not the thought of drowning, it's just the feel of the water. Hard to explain, and certainly irrational! :)
I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf. - This is FALSE. I do have a birthmark on my calf (a white one), but it's in the exact shape of AUSTRALIA. Something I didn't realize until we were doing geography in our homeschool and the kids pointed it out.

I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. - This is TRUE. Much to the dismay of my hubby. But he gets filthy when he's working, and we needed to cover the seats for when he uses the truck. The pink princess covers were on clearance, and I LOVE pink, so it worked out pretty well. He's been a good sport about it. :)

Off to round up these kiddos for lunch. It's pretty easy, though. All I have to do is open the fridge, and there's a mini flash mob of kids, dogs and cats in the kitchen. LoL!

o

Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 14:10

Wow, I love reading all these from everyone. Talk about some big surprises on here! All of you ladies are interesting and downright fascinating. BIG kudos to you, Margaret, for making this such a fun and interactive month! Ok, so without further delay, here's mine:

I love to play golf - FALSE
I have never played golf in my life! I have played goofy golf/putt putt a few times when I was a kid. And we have a friend who likes to golf, and a few times he has brought his golf clubs over to see who could knock their golf ball the closest to a telephone pole 50 yards away. But - other than that, I've never played it. And I'm not interested in golf whatsoever. So this falsehood was especially funny to me.

I dislike chocolate - TRUE
I know, I know. How can I not like chocolate?!? I don't know... other than it tastes bitter and chalky to me. I've never liked chocolate. It must be the cocoa, because I do like white chocolate. My mom tells a story of when I was a little girl (~2 yrs old). She picked me up from the babysitter's after work one day, and I held out my hand and gave her a sweaty, melted handful of chocolate chips that came from a cookie. I guess the babysitter had given all the children chocolate chip cookies, and I had eaten just the cookie part, and left the yucky chocolate part. I know, I'm weird.

I'm a humanist - TRUE
I would say humanism best describes my philosophical beliefs. There's lots of definitions out there for what "humanism" is. My beliefs, in a nutshell, are that we should be kind to one another. I don't believe in a deity(ies), myself; although most all my friends, family & loved ones do (and we are all ok with that :) ). I believe that we *ourselves* are responsible for being happy humans, for respecting and caring for one another, and we are responsible for being good stewards to the Earth. As humans, we are not above nature, but are a part of it. I greatly admire the biologist, naturalist, researcher and conservationist E. O. Wilson, who is also a humanist; and I greatly identify with his beliefs. In fact, Wilson's book "The Creation" speaks volumes. Essentially, he writes a plea that the scientific and religious communities should come together to protect and preserve The Creation.

Ta da!
Katie

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Wow1 I am so pleased with the above inputs. I want to start a new thread OBF "Let us know more" "Let us know more/. I want to transfer those that were input after "Annie" was posted at winner. Hope it works as I have several questions I want to ask some of you. Wish me well in my endeavor! Blessings, Margaret

o
RE: new: OBF-"let us know more-let us know more""

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Here is the new post & I am going to try & paste the last inputs from where "Annie" was posted winner. Wish me well! Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi, The new post is up so please post there with your new input. Blessings, Margaret

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here