Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margaret_2007

new: obf-"let us know-let us know"

margaret_2007
11 years ago

Our Bloomin Friends "OBF" is an exchange group that you must be a member to join in our swaps. If you desire to join, please contact Shirley (brittineysgran) or Carol (veeja11).
From our last swap in "Being Thankful" several stated how thankful we are for our Garden Web friends. I think we would all like to know each other better & with that in mind, I am going to send out a way we can do that if all participate well. You do not have to join the swap to participate if you don�t want to but we would love to know about you, too.
Signup starts today December 2nd. End of signup December 9th
Partners named: December 10th
Mailed: by December 17th
Rules: Small box $5.25 or padded envelope with confirmation posted here when mailed
Contents: Card, made or bought
Ornament, made or bought
Food or candy item
Homemade or bought
1Garden item(seeds or other)

Contents posted here when received.

Please make this a short, sweet ,delightful & enlightening Swap for all of us.
Margaret

Comments (143)

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good evening, Ladies-I think Maryanne's idea is a great one for waiting to see if Shirley & Carol & Faye will answer. I didn't know that there wasn't anyone signed up for January yet. Anyone here interested?

Will check in tomorrow.

Sorry for those who have been ill. It can sure take a person down & make you feel so lousy. Better days ahead for all, I pray.

Thanks, Maryanne for contacting & your great input.

God Bless Us Everyone for the New Year!!

Blessings, Margaret

• veeja11
    11 years ago

margaret_2007
    1. I have been losing weight and don't know why (True)
    2. I use shopping for stress relief false
    3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer (true
    Smitties/margo
    My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. (True)
    I graduated college in 1979 (True)
    I have no grandchildren yet(False)

Brittneysgran/Shirley
    1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers (True)
    2. I am still married to the man I married at age 17 (True)
    3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise (False)

Veeja/carol
    I don't like animals
    I dug graves for a living
    I was a chimmney sweep
    Ilovefarac/Melinda
    have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. (true
    I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years. (false
    I have gardened all my life in some form or other. (True)

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
    I am terrified of water. (False)
    I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf. (True)
    I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. (True)

Earthly/Maryanne
    1. I would like to get married (again). (True)
    2. I am a vegetarian (True)
    3. I have minimal patience (False)

Kchd/Kate
    I love to play golf. (true
    I dislike chocolate. (false

Sandlapper/Jeanne
    I was born in Rhode Island. (false
    People love to hear me sing. (true)
    A 4' tall Santa Claus stays in my garage year round. (True)

Canyonwind/Annie
    1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream. (True)
    2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year. (True)
    3. I despise eating fruit of any kind (False)

Moonfire/Dianne
    1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids true
    2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica...true
    3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive...false

• nottougly
    11 years ago

Sirley,
    I just loved the package you sent to me.
    I really liked the Christmas survival kit.
    I am sorry I took so long in thanking you. I have been really really sick since Nov 27th. So bad I can not even work at Amazon. Hopefully I will get to go back to work on Monday.
    Thank you very much for everything.
    Faye!

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Hello everyone. Hope you are enjoying this cold, winter day. I really would love to be out and about picking up the garden, cleaning and getting ready for the upcoming season, but the cold is too cold and is straight to my bones. So, I have opted to put Christmas decorations away. It's not always such an easy task, because it's carrying things up and down the stairs, rearranging bins, etc. Every job I do, no matter what it is, is a job on top of a job before the original task can be completed. I will be happy however to get my house back to normal.

I think I destroyed (another) tea pot. It's one of those glass ones that you can boil on the stove. i left it on accidentally when I took my girl to school this morning and i had thrown in a few tea bags, so of course by the time I got back, the water was all boiled out, the bags were burnt to a crisp and the glass bottom is all scorched. I did scrub it for a bit and some came out, now I have it soaking in a concoction that I am not sure will clean it. i hope i can figure out something to bring it back to life. This isn't the first time I've done something like this .

So Margaret, it looks like we are just waiting on Shirley to make her guesses then we can finally find out the truth about each of us. I look over my answers/guesses and would like to change a few now that I think about them, but I guess I'll take my chances.

Oh well, my break is over....time to get back to the grind.
    Take care all, stay warm.

Maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness I've missed tons of new posts and true or false questions. I promise to read them all and post my answers tomorrow.

Sharon and I drove 12 straight hours from Naples. Fla to Franklin, NC I am definetely dead.....WE had the best time ever though so it was worth it. I left 20-30 degree weather last Saturday and found 60-70 degree weather in Naples. Lois took us everywhere and we went to the everglades, rode on a swamp buggy and an air boat. Also went to my first art showing and met all the artists. We went to see Life of PI in the most beautiful theatre I have ever seen. The stores were so ritsy I could not even afford a pair of socks there. Lois had a 45' tower built on her property so we saw the New Years fireworks from a very special private place. She lives only 300' from the Beach so you only had to walk out the gate and you were practically at the pier. I am so spoiled I don't know if I will ever be the same.

Off to bed.............

Shirley

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Welcome back, Shirley-I could use a vacation like that & I am sure all you ladies would like one, too!

I am so happy we heard from you, Faye. This stuff that is going around is terrible & supposed to get worse according to information from the CDC. Do you feel up to sending in your story for us. I think we haven't received that or your picks of the untruth info from all. I know we are all anxious to learn more about each other.

I will send my answers in sometime today but I need each of you to send in your untruth to me so I can post them & find out who of us (I am not included in the prize) has the most correct. I can't think of an easier way & would love suggestions. My email is mjcurry@mchsi.com.

Maryanne=When I get the answers would you be willing to verify the winner with me? Let me know, Ladies & have a wonderful weekend. It is starting to drizzle here, a mixture of rain & snow. Hope it doesn't stick. Blessings, Margaret

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

good afternoon everyone. welcome back shirley, sounds like a fabulous trip. take me with you next time, i'll share the driving!!!!!

no problem margaret, i'll help in any way.

it's warming up here, instead of that biting to your bones cold. i'm still doing my christmas clean up. dang did that tree drop so many needles and it still looks fresh off the farm!

be well all, enjoy your day!
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

margaret_2007
    1. I have been losing weight and don't know why
    2. I use shopping for stress relief
    3. I used to be a traveling tap dancer - FALSE

Smitties/margo
    My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. - FALSE
    I graduated college in 1979
    I have no grandchildren yet

Brittneysgran/Shirley
    1. I have four siblings, one sister and three brothers
    2. I am still married to the man I married at age 17
    3. I don't like sports and rarely exercise

Veeja/carol
    I don't like animals - FALSE
    I dug graves for a living
    I was a chimmney sweep

Ilovefarac/Melinda
    have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps.
    I was a cardiac, ER, and ICU nurse (then home health) for over 20 plus years.
    I have gardened all my life in some form or other. - FALSE

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
    I am terrified of water. - FALSE
    I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf.
    I have pink princess seat covers in my truck.

Earthly/Maryanne
    1. I would like to get married (again).
    2. I am a vegetarian - FALSE
    3. I have minimal patience -

Kchd/Kate
    I love to play golf.
    I dislike chocolate. - FALSE
    I'm a humanist.

Sandlapper/Jeanne
    I was born in Rhode Island.
    People love to hear me sing. - FALSE
    A 4' tall Santa Claus stays in my garage year round.

Canyonwind/Annie
    1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream.
    2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year.
    3. I despise eating fruit of any kind - FALSE

Moonfire/Dianne
    1)I have 4 children but doctors told me I'd never have kids
    2)I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica...
    3)I have always wanted to learn to skydive... FALSE

Faye & Dianne---Praying you both are feeling better.

Maryanne-Sure glad the tea pot did not burn your house down. I would say most of us have done the same, I know I sure have and it's so scary.

No one ever took January to host so if we have a volunteer please say so.

Shirley

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Ladies-The untruths are coming in so I must send mine. Exciting to see who guesses the most! Blessings, Margaret

Smitties/margo
    My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. FALSE

Brittneysgran/Shirley
    I don't like sports and rarely exercise. FALSE

Veeja/carol
    I don't like animals. FALSE

Ilovefarac/Melinda
    have many likes and have stamp collected since a child and have over 80, 000 worldwide stamps. FALSE

Hazelnutbunny/Melissa
    I am terrified of water. FALSE
    Earthly/Maryanne
    I am a vegetarian. FALSE

Kchd/Kate
    I love to play golf. FALSE

Sandlapper/Jeanne
    People love to hear me sing. FALSE

Canyonwind/Annie
    1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream. FALSE

Moonfire/Dianne
    I dreamed of writing for National Geographic when I was growing up...I also dreamed of writing songs and lyrics for Guns N Roses and Metallica... FALSE

. Keep those untruths coming & Faye, we will be glad to wait for your story & untruths. Blessings, Margaret

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

I have been out of town for a few days. I returned home last night...have been enjoying reading all the false and true guesses. To funny! Margaret, I sent you my "False" last night!

Happy Sunday to all!

Annie

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello-What beautiful day it has been here!

The names I need to receive for the their FALSE choices are: Melissa, Carol, Jeanne, Diane & Maryanne. If I am wrong & should have any of these, please let me know.

I have received from: Melinda, Margo, Annie, Kate & of course, I have mine.

When I get those & find out who had what correct, I will send the info to you , Maryanne & you can verify for us.

I can't wait to see how many I have MISSED! Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry-I left Fayes' name off. We need your story, Faye & the untruths of each one. Do hope you are feeling better so you can go to work tomorrow! Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Margaret I sent my untruth yesterday if you did not get it I will send again.

Shirley

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Shirley, I did get yours. Thanks for letting me know.
    So glad you had a great vacation. Back to work tomorrow?

Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Margaret...Yes back at it tomorrow....dread to see my desk.

Blessings to you.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

sending now margaret, i was out all day with a dear friend and then by the time i got in, it was time for the season 3 premiere of downton abbey and i'm just now getting to the computer. i'm sending in my untruth now.

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

wish there was time to change an answer. i see i misinterpreted one in particular and it's killing me that i know it to be an untruth!!!!

looking forward to the results. this is a lot of fun.

maryanne

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Just sent ya mine Margaret :)

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I thought I sent mine to you back when they first got listed, but maybe not. I will send it again.
    Jeanne

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Ladies-Thanks Jeanne, Diane & Maryanne. I think we need Melissa's, Carol's & Faye's to finish up.

I thought I checked closely, Jeanne but I might have missed it. Thanks for sending again. Blessings, Margaret

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

I'm sending mine right now, Margaret! :)

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Melissa. Now for Carol's & Faye's. Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

I dreaded going back to work to see the mess and it was bad...worse than I anticipated. However, I was so proud of myself I did not get stressed out.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

That's great Shirley, to not get stressed. When I went back to work after my heart attack, i went back to close to 300 emails and 60 voice mails and then a project that was due for the following thursday, requiring 57 reports, which i was told about on wednesday and they wanted them on friday to be prepared if there were any revisions. so since they charged me with vacation while i was in the hospital and home recovering, i took a couple sick days and then never went back. i didn't need the stress of them causing me more anxiety and yet another heart attack. that was the worst company i ever worked for and never, ever again will i give so much of myself for so little.

margaret, i sent a notice to carol to update you.

hope everyone is well!
    maryanne

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Maryanne. I will email Faye to see if she wants to update & if not, when we hear from Carol-we are set to go! Blessings, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Maryanne good for you....All the guys were watching me yesterday to see how I would re-act when I saw my desk. I did say guys I wish I could afford to get my purse, clock out and go back home and then I laughed. I'm sure if the stress had caused you another heart attack they could have cared less. I know I am just a number where I work.

My sweet Aunt called me today and told me to come by her house because she fixed me some soup and cornbread. It was so nice not to cook when I got home.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

The suspense is killing me...LOL!

Maryanne....you took a couple days off and never went back.........FANTASTIC! You have to look out for yourself!
    Employers so often treat their employees like garbage. What a shame...it is to bad that so many employers do not understand, that if you give, you get back!!! Shirley, I wish you could have smiled and walked out the door!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Lovely Ladies-

Thanks, Carol, for your email & now I think I will wait until this evening & if I don't hear from Faye, I will go ahead with swap. If any of you think I should wait longer, please let me know!

Have a wonderful day. It is almost Spring like here & supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow. Then back to 27 Sunday. This is Iowa for you. Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good Evening-Nothing from Faye so I just sent Maryanne an email with the FALSE answers so we should have a winner or winner's soon. Blessings, Margaret

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Margaret, i'm checking on the answers, but you didn't send in Kate's false, so I don't know who got that right. I sent you an email as well, not sure where you are checking.

Maryanne

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Good morning everyone. I finished tallying the responses, adding in the Katie answers, and have sent my results to Margaret, who is going to check them against her results. Even doing this part of it, I again realized just how much fun this was to get to know each other a little more, and to see the imagination everyone had in slipping in that little falsity. It would be fun to do something like this again, way to go Margaret - what a fun month!

So once Margaret makes the comparison, there will be a drum roll and the winner announced!

Happy Thursday!
    Maryanne

• kchd
    11 years ago

I am with you, Maryanne. I found it to be a lot of fun, too. I would also suspect that this idea of Margaret's may have resulted in the most participation by non-swapping OBF-ers in a month to date! That's pretty awesome.

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

margaret, hope you got the update, i resent it after receiving your email.

be back later tonight to see where we stand (although I do know the answer!!!!)

congrats to ??????????????????

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

I enjoyed the Dec. swap and thank you Margaret and Maryanne for finding a winner. Can't wait to see who it is. Maybe it was a good idea for no one to take January as Dec. has went over into Jan. Hopefully someone else can come up with something interesting to do.

Shirley

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Ladies-I want you to know that Maryanne & I are not ones who enjoy keeping this suspense going on & on. I still have not received Maryanne's tally!! I just emailed her to try sending again!

Maryanne, Please resend or send it Western Union (is that still possible?) Only kidding. I promise we will get to this soon!

I do have a couple of ideas to keep this going for a few more days(not claiming I didn't get the email isn't one of them).

When we get the winner I think we should start a new thread if you all want to continue. Blessings, Margaret

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

I spoke to Margaret by phone this morning, so as soon as she checks her list against mine, she will post the
    winner(s).

We did talk about a way to keep the chatter going through until we get ready for February's swap, so I think there will be a new thread, but I'll wait for Margaret.

I know who the winner(s) is/are!!!!

By the way, does anyone have any celery seed, not to cook with, but to plant?

Maryanne

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-and the winner is:

"ANNIE"

Congratulations, Annie-You had a total of 6 correct answers out of 11 of our input.

GREAT JOB, EVERYONE. Will be adding "OBF let us know more-let us know more" either tomorrow or Monday.

Hope you all stay with us & continue enjoy learning more about each other. I have some questions I want to ask some of you & I am sure some of you have questions, also. Blessings, Margaret

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Congratulations Annie!! Wow, only 6 out of 11! I don't know as much as I thought ! LOL! Very good job!
    I would love to know which are really false about everyone, so can know what is really true! Can't wait for more secrets from all!
    Have a great night! We are gettng rain and suppose to change to ice or snow, we'll see! But we so need the rain!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Congratulations Annie. Good job on the guessing.

Just for fun, I thought I would list my facts and the correct true or false.

My name used to be Margaret by I had it legally changed a few years ago. This is true. I was given the name Margo at birth but my mother legally changed it at the age of six, (long story). Since I was never referred to as Margaret other than in legal aspects, I decided to change it to what everyone referred me as.

I graduated college in 1979. False, I did a semester of community college and decided I had enough education and went into retail management.

I have no grandchildren yet. Sadly, this is true but there is hope for the future. LOL

I am curious to see others answers.

Margo

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

Yes, I too am curious to see everyone's correct answers! This has been such fun!
    Mine are:
    1. Yes, I do collect worldwide stamps and have since was a teenager. Another thing I started doing with my mother. I do have over 80,000 pluse stamps!

2. I am a nurse and did work these areas for 20 plus years. I took a leave to take care of my husband, went back, then leave to take care of my grandfather, and then my mother until they all passed of cancer. I have not renewed my license for several years and doubt that I do. I worked very high stressed and critical areas and can take a toll on you.

3. I hated gardening as a child!! I never helped in the planting or growing of things, but sure had to help snap beans, shell peas, etc. (bushels of them)!! I swore I would never garden ever!! When my husband died in 1999, I got into gardening with flowers with my mother! She taught me how to wintersow and we did it together for a couple years. It was my valium at the time and has been ever since! I even grow veggies and put up my own food now!
    So no, I didn't garden as a child at all and never thought I would as an adult!! LOL!

Can't wait to see others trues and falses!

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

good morning everyone. not sure how much explanation my true and false needs, but:

I would like to get married (again). this is true, i had such a bad go around the first time and have done it all myself for so long, there has to be someone out there before I die. It's not that I haven't "kissed a few frogs along the way" !!!!
    I am a vegetarian - this is definitely false - although i wish i could be at least 75% vegetarian. i couldn't imagine never having turkey at thanksgiving, ham at easter and a good pork roast here and there and at least one good burger during the summer months. health wise, i should get closer to the goal, but .... tofu ain't for me!
    I he minimal patience - oh how very true this is, and although I do my best to get better at it, i guess my tolerance level is so low at times too...i can however sit for hours upon hours and put a jigsaw puzzle together, so i guess i have some...i think it's more for just peoples nonsense.
    aren't i so boring! LOL

Happy Sunday everyone!
    Maryanne

This post was edited by earthlydelights on Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 22:08

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Maryanne, I have no celery seed!!!

I am quite surpised I chose 6 out of 11 correctly. I am so curious to find out what everyone lied about...LOL!

For now, I will reveal my truths and the BS about me.

1. In high school, I went to Japan for the Summer and put on 20 pounds eating lots of rice and ice cream....This is TRUE. After my Junior year, I went to Northern Japan on an exchange program for the Summer. For some reason, I found their Vanilla Ice Cream to be outstanding and enjoyed it frequently and I mean frequently. Needless to say, white rice and lots of it, was always on the table. I lost all the weight after I returned but must say that I have rarely consumed any kind of rice since then. And as far as ice cream, I will only eat it if it has nuts in it....I am very picky when it comes to ice cream...LOL!

2. In 1981, I traveled to Saudia Arabia and worked as an RN for one year....This is FALSE. I almost made the journey, had most of the paperwork in order but decided life was to good here in Southern California.

3. I despise eating fruit of any kind....This is TRUE. I plant/grow so many varieties of fruit, I can fruit, I make fruit pies, I always serve fresh fruit, I think fresh fruit is so very beautiful BUT I will not eat fruit, whether fresh, in a dessert, out of a can etc.... I am bad...I despise eating fruit...LOL!

Margaret, this has been so much fun, very interesting...and it is not over!

Happy Sunday!

Annie

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

hahahaaha interesting ladies!

my false would be the skydiving one...i think most got it right...when i went into the military i had the options of being a computer/radio/satellite repair or being one of the peeps that repaired the gadgets inside of helicopters and possibly airplanes...i was gonna go for the 2nd option but they told me i'd have to learn to repel and possibly jump...no sense in jumping out of a perfectly good copter or plane just for sport lol...i'm sure if i had to i'd learn how quick...besides i'm afraid of heights to an extent...it's weird i can do a zipline or climb a rope bridge or even do the rockclimbing stuff...but i froze and freaked out on the repel tower in my basic training and the post commander had to wave that and sign off on it for me not to do it cuz it was a hazard to my health if i panicked lol...how aweful of me and very embarrasing...it's not really a problem going up...just a problem coming down...i can jump off of a rope swing into the river but can't come down without major anxiety from climbing a tree hahahaha...anyways when i got qualified for my job with radio/computer/satellite repair i ended up having to climb satellite towers every now and then...i just had to suck it up and make sure my harness was good lol...

the truths---- well i had 2 military doctors tell me i'd never have kids...i have 4!!! so i am very blessed...i was on birth control when i got prego with 2 of them...my 1st i was a bit over 3 months prego before i found out because nothing had really changed much from my normal cycles and i had no signs...in fact i lost a little weight the 1st 3 months which the doc told me was normal...i was on patrol duty on a tall hill (to me it would have been a small mountain or foothill lol since i'm from AL, but it really wasn't a mountain), up to my knees in snow with all my gear on and passed out and rolled down the hill...when doc's checked me out they couldnt find a thing wrong so did tests and i was prego!!!!...i was on bc to keep my cycle straight and the bc didn't work cuz i was also on infection meds...me thinking i couldn't have kids didn't think about that and docs didn't think to tell me infection meds would interfere with bc lol

2nd truth...i have always dreamed of writing for Nat Geo...loved writing and loved exploring and traveling and altho i didn't care much for history classes in school i found what i could learn on my own in history amazing...never have had the money to really travel so hoped i could get a job doing what i loved and write my way into traveling lol...didn't turn out that way but i'm happy with my life...also loved Guns N Roses and Metallica and while some of their lyrics are aweful some of them have a good meaning to me...so wanted to write for them strictly out of that teenage fantasy/moodiness lol...probably a good thing i ended up not being able to do so now that i look back on my life :)

oh and sorry i get so long winded! i am enjoying getting to know all my gw friends in this way...NONE of you ladies are ever boring to me :)

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Wow, I am so glad that I'm feeling a bit better to come and say hi! I started reading at the top and read all the way down. How nice to get to know you all better!

I know that I didn't join in this swap or last months but hope it's o.k. if I still answer the questions and tell my story too. O.K. well I won't repeat what you guys already knew about my sickness & recovery. But here is a bit about it that I didn't say...

Although this isn't a fact in stone just my opinion (on the cause)

I have lived in the country all my life and the crop dusters dump
    their poisons all over everywhere as people have homes next to fields the wind carries that stuff. When I was 12 (I'm 38 now) I started developing strange health issues. When I was 16 they were very evident. When I was 25 I began having seizures, was in a wheelchair, in and out of a normal state of mind. Lost the ability to read, didn't know my family. It was dreadful! What a trooper my husband is! May 7 of this year made 8 years that I have been seizure free (no meds, that stuff is just about the devil incarnate itself). MS was what I was diagnosed with. My Mom tells me that when I was a baby that when the crop dusters would dust the crops all around us that I would be sick to my stomach and vomiting the entire day afterwards. I believe there is a connection between the 2 if not the cause. My Mom also has MS. I strongly believe that chemicals are causing all sorts of maladies with people, bees & animals. People do not believe me when I tell them I believe that so many diseases are caused by the poisons that we've created and that we are to blame for so many diseases afflicting us. As a kid we played in the fields bare footed!

I live nowhere near fields and if all of a sudden the hundreds of acres of woods around me were turned into fields well I would rather be homeless under a bridge than to ever live anywhere near crop dusting planes again! lol

However since my b-day was in Dec. that's the only thing that has changed I'm now 39. Well, that and I started having seizures again back in Nov. (sighs) I was soooo looking forward to making the 9 year mark to dang it.

Q. # 1 That I am outgoing, I am not and I struggle with being an introvert as well. #1 because I can't remember people. In town I see people that say "Hey Rena', I haven't seen you in forever! How's Roy and the kids?"
    I swear I have no memory of ever seeing them in my life!
    And it happens constantly. When my husband or kids are with me I then ask "Who was that? And where do I "know them from?"
    So I hate going in public where I run into people that I can't remember at all but who apparently know me pretty well. It is disconcerting to say the least. And how do you say Um sorry but I don't remember you. So I just hug them back and smile like they are my long lost buddy.

Q. #2 (Although I missed the game so I'll just list 3 true things.) 1. I can't stand facades. So I make a point when people want to be my friend I tell them everything negative about me 1st. (Although I am a super-positive person.) I figure skip the pretenses and get right to it if you still like me after then you are my true friend and we can have a true friendship. That way we don't waste each others time if down the road you feel like wow that Rena' is a real ding-bat. lol Right up front you know everything about me.
    Ex. I like you because thus and so... Then I counter with 2 things about me that should be improved. You then say well I like that about you, I counter with more truth. So my friends know everything about me the good the bad & the ugly. 2. Even though I reveal everything about myself I never ever ask personal questions of my friends. Period. Because if I'm your friend it's unchangeable, I'm your friend. 3. I am such a one track minded person that when company comes over for dinner and I'm cooking you better not talk to me. lol You'd think my husband would know better by now... The other night I felt well enough to cook (hamburger steaks) and he sat down and served himself, his eyes got as big as golf balls after the 1st bite. lol I forgot ALL seasoning, no salt, no cajun seasoning, no worchestsire nada... The whole time I was trying to cook he was talking a mile a minute. My brain can't be in 2 places at one time. Jeesh, he knows that! Aw well if he forgot he was reminded. lol

Q. #3 The worst was when I couldn't hold conversations with any of my family and not understanding them when they tried to talk to me. The best was when I got better and could play ball with the kids, hug them, talk to them and understand them. Also forever I will remember cleaning the bathrooms for the 1st time since I had gotten better and singing loudly while cleaning the toilet. I promise you've never seen someone as happy as I was cleaning a toilet! lol

Q. #4 Seizures returning after 8 years of zero. But I am unbelievably thankful for the 8 good years just wish it would of lasted 'til death.

Q. #5 The most? That I relish the uniqueness & diversity of my family members and friends personalities & strive to never ever be judgemental of others. Although I am unrelenting with judging myself and forever fall short of my own standards which are ridiculously rigid. And that I am an eternal optimist! (Albeit my husband says my "head is in the clouds.") Hummmmm is he saying I'm an airhead?! lol
    The least? Wow, that's a toughie too many to choose just one but let's see ... I create unrealistic goals for myself all the time and always am disappointed when I can't achieve them. Wish that I could be more realistic when setting goals. Also I start things am gung ho in the beginning but then get bored or lose interest or am overwhelmed at the unattainability of the goal. And battle depression as a result.

Anyhoo on the bright side yesterday here was so warm I was in a short sleeve shirt and planted some more bulbs, yes I know they should all already be in the ground (all 400 of them). lol Got about 10 planted... Only 390 (or so) more to go...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May it be your best year ever!!!

Rena'

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

*Hugs Rena*

You inspire me! Just wanted to let you know that...even with life's challenges you're an awesome amazing lady who I'm honored to have met...not to get mushy but your story touches me...Yes all things are possible! and Miracles do happen!...I've seen that many times in my own life, especially through my 16 year old daughter who has faced many battles...however when I see someone else overcome it just reminds me how great life is and is very inspiring...just gives that little extra "umph" or push to go on thru the rough times...thanks for sharing :)

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

Wow, very interesting answers! Always nice to find out more about each other. Wonderful idea you had, Margaret! :)
    I suppose I should share my false answer as well, so here goes:

I am terrified of water. - This is TRUE. Absolutely terrified. Baths are fine, a swimming pool is pushing it. As long as I can feel the bottom of the pool, I'm OK. But if the water comes up over my thighs, I'm panicking. My hubby dreams of going on a cruise someday...he'll probably have to go without me. LoL! I could never relax with all that water surrounding me! It's not the thought of drowning, it's just the feel of the water. Hard to explain, and certainly irrational! :)
    I have a birthmark shaped like africa on my calf. - This is FALSE. I do have a birthmark on my calf (a white one), but it's in the exact shape of AUSTRALIA. Something I didn't realize until we were doing geography in our homeschool and the kids pointed it out.

I have pink princess seat covers in my truck. - This is TRUE. Much to the dismay of my hubby. But he gets filthy when he's working, and we needed to cover the seats for when he uses the truck. The pink princess covers were on clearance, and I LOVE pink, so it worked out pretty well. He's been a good sport about it. :)

Off to round up these kiddos for lunch. It's pretty easy, though. All I have to do is open the fridge, and there's a mini flash mob of kids, dogs and cats in the kitchen. LoL!

• kchd
    11 years ago

Wow, I love reading all these from everyone. Talk about some big surprises on here! All of you ladies are interesting and downright fascinating. BIG kudos to you, Margaret, for making this such a fun and interactive month! Ok, so without further delay, here's mine:

I love to play golf - FALSE
    I have never played golf in my life! I have played goofy golf/putt putt a few times when I was a kid. And we have a friend who likes to golf, and a few times he has brought his golf clubs over to see who could knock their golf ball the closest to a telephone pole 50 yards away. But - other than that, I've never played it. And I'm not interested in golf whatsoever. So this falsehood was especially funny to me.

I dislike chocolate - TRUE
    I know, I know. How can I not like chocolate?!? I don't know... other than it tastes bitter and chalky to me. I've never liked chocolate. It must be the cocoa, because I do like white chocolate. My mom tells a story of when I was a little girl (~2 yrs old). She picked me up from the babysitter's after work one day, and I held out my hand and gave her a sweaty, melted handful of chocolate chips that came from a cookie. I guess the babysitter had given all the children chocolate chip cookies, and I had eaten just the cookie part, and left the yucky chocolate part. I know, I'm weird.

I'm a humanist - TRUE
    I would say humanism best describes my philosophical beliefs. There's lots of definitions out there for what "humanism" is. My beliefs, in a nutshell, are that we should be kind to one another. I don't believe in a deity(ies), myself; although most all my friends, family & loved ones do (and we are all ok with that :) ). I believe that we *ourselves* are responsible for being happy humans, for respecting and caring for one another, and we are responsible for being good stewards to the Earth. As humans, we are not above nature, but are a part of it. I greatly admire the biologist, naturalist, researcher and conservationist E. O. Wilson, who is also a humanist; and I greatly identify with his beliefs. In fact, Wilson's book "The Creation" speaks volumes. Essentially, he writes a plea that the scientific and religious communities should come together to protect and preserve The Creation.

Ta da!
    Katie

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Wow1 I am so pleased with the above inputs. I want to start a new thread OBF "Let us know more" "Let us know more/. I want to transfer those that were input after "Annie" was posted at winner. Hope it works as I have several questions I want to ask some of you. Wish me well in my endeavor! Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Here is the new post & I am going to try & paste the last inputs from where "Annie" was posted winner. Wish me well! Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, The new post is up so please post there with your new input. Blessings, Margaret