Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: secret santa seed swap #6, thank you's

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

I thought this was fitting, for how I feel about each of you !! This swap has been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !! Thanks to each of you Elves for making this such a special swap !!

Please post here, when you receive...and lets enjoy the holiday season together !

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.........WE HAVE MAILED OUT OVER 1700 CHRISTMAS CARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE ????? AND THERE IS MORE TO COME !!!! ( GRAND TOTAL WILL BE POSTED WHEN THE MAILING STOPS)

Comments (150)

• dees
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I have received so many great cards and seeds this week.Thanks, so much to all of you!!! I recieved cards and seeds from Carol57078,highalttransplant(and card made by Elijah 10,)shauflower,kiddo129,NIB52,rbrady,and LisaM627_ohio_z6.I cam hardly wait to get them started. I am gonna start some under lights right after Christmas. Bonnie , please tell Elijah that I love the beautiful homemade card, and that it will have a prominate place on our Christmas tree!Hope I didn't miss anyone!
    Dee

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi Dan :)
    I'm so sorry about your girlfriend! Even if we've never met I think you're one of the funniest and most enthusiastic people I've met on GW. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kym, it is sttutgart canna. I was very lucky that someone was willing to trade some of it with me last year. Thanks for the compliments, it means a lot to me that someone else likes my jungle :)

Monica

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Kym,

I sent out another batch and didn't tell you...oooops! I don't even remember who, I just know that I started from the bottom that day. Sorry!

Lisa

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

so sad so sad........NO mail today...LOL
    Merry Christmas to all and again thanks to all that have sent me cards.

The cards and gifts have received from ya'll have really made my holidays brite!

Thanks,

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Dan,
    I'm sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.
    Dorothy

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

I received three cards yesterday, but didn't get a chance to post, as we were tree hunting and trimming. It was a more stressful day than it should have been, as the children were feeling less than cooperative, if you know what I mean. So when we returned home and I checked the mailbox, it really was the bright spot in the day! It is heartwarming to know that people that don't even know me, thought enough about me to send me something out of their garden. The plants that grow from these seeds will mean SO MUCH more than anything storebought.

Here is what I received:

Poisondartfrog - Salvia 'Maraschino'
    Proudgm03 - Tithonia 'Torch'
    Kiddo - Firespike (I had to look this one up, had never heard of it, but it's red, so you know I'm going to love it, LOL! Since it's not hardy to my zone, I was wondering if it will bloom the first year? It kind of reminds me of the Yvonne's Salvia that is so popular.)

Thank you all for your kindness, and for giving me some holiday cheer!

Bonnie

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I forgot the name on my sparkly snowman card post of 12-05. It was from ggwrn. Thank you so much for all the lovely seeds. I can't wait to see them growing in my garden.

Well, it's Sunday. No mail. Boo hoo! And I have no snow. Double boo hoo!!

But on the happy side I have had three wonderful days of virtual no fibromyalgia pain! YIPEE!! I guess I had grown so used to having it all the time I forgot what it was like to feel normal. So I have spent my free time sending out cards. Only a dozen or more so to go!

• wartikis
    15 years ago

I received two cards with seeds yesterday. Poisondartfrog send me Monarda didyma, Salvia superba Rose Queen and Bacopia Snowtopia

Cottageflowers Send me Penstemon Red Rocks, and Salvia Red hummingbird. Thank you so much, I can't wait for summer. I am so happy with my seeds and cards, and especially with all the sweet people from the gardenweb.
    Helma

• taz56
    15 years ago

Hi! Dan, so sorry to hear of your
    greif! Know that my prayer's are
    with you. If you need an ear know
    that I am here! May God bless you
    and comfort you.Take care!
    Susan

• threas
    15 years ago

Kym thought I should post this special poem here. In the spirit of Christmas, let us remember all the men & women who are serving our country.

Theresa

A Different Christmas Poem--------------

The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
    I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.
    My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
    My daughter be side me, angelic in rest.
    Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
    Transforming the yard to a winter delight.

The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,
    Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.
    My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
    Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.
    In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,
    So I slumbered, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
    But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear.
    Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know, Then the
    sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.
    My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
    And I crept to the door just to see who was near.

Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
    A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.
    A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old,
    Perhaps a Marine, huddled here in the cold.
    Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
    Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.

"What are you doing?" I asked without fear,
    "Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!
    Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
    You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"
    For barel y a moment I saw his eyes shift,
    Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts..

To the window that danced with a warm fire's light
    Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,
    I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night."
    "It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
    That separates you from the darkest of times.

No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
    I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.
    My Gramps died at 'Pearl on a day in December,"
    Then he sighed, "That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."
    My dad stood his watch in the jungles of 'Nam',
    And now it is my turn and so, here I am.

I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
    But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.
    Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
    The red, white, and blue... an American flag.
    I can live through the cold and the being alone,
    Away from my family, my house and my home.

I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
    I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.
    I can carry the weight of killing another,
    Or lay down my life with my sister and brother..
    Who stand at the front against any and all,
    To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall."

" So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright,
    Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."
    "But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
    "Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?
    It seems all too little for all that you've done,
    For being away from your wife and your son."

Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
    "Just tell us you love us, and never forget.
    To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,
    To stand your own watch, no matter how long.
    For when we come home, either standing or dead,
    To know you remember we fought and we bled.
    Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
    That we mattered to you as you mattered to us."

PLEASE, would you do me the kind favor of sending this to as many
    people as you can? Christmas will be coming soon and some credit is due
    to our U.S service men and women for our being able to celebrate these
    festivities. Let's try in this small way to pay a tiny bit of what we owe.
    Make people stop and think of our heroes, living and dead, who sacrificed
    themselves for us.

LCDR Jeff Giles, SC, USN
    30th Naval Construction Regiment
    OIC, Logistics Cell One
    Al Taqqadum, Iraq

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ohhh dan, i'm so sorry!! this is just very sad, my heart is just breaking for you!! i have no words, nothing but tears coming down my face for you and your loss, especially at this timme of the year. it seems that the very best of times is when the worst things happens. i will keep you in my prayers!! many (((HUGS)))!!
    it looks like lots of people are getting so many of their wishes!! WOW!! i am so happy for you!! this is such a great idea Kym!! you are such a great friend to all of us! and i am so in on the birthday thingi!! shhhhh don't tell hubs,, i had to get out of the mnf because i think he thinks i was having to much fun????!!!! **grinn** LOL
    Frances i kinda know what you mean, we almost lost our vehicle, totally reeked, this time of the year is gonna be extremely tough, i'm so glad that the kiddo's have great grandparents!! LOL they fill them up with all the great presents!! Hee Hee we do only 1 mostly to teach them that christmas is all about family not about the presents. tabor gets that, talla, not so sure, she has her papa's view, she loves things!! LOL well, she's a girl, what can i expect?? LOL but she does love spending time with family too!! LOL
    hubs and mostly me, we are just happy to wake up in the morning and be with the kids and each other, but he's still a big kid!! LOL i'm happy if all the bills are paid!! LOL
    although i've been goign to mom's and borrowing her cookie sheets, and her big pot and pans she don't use, hmmmm.....wonder when she is gonna say Medo are you using my pots and pans?? why didn't you just say you needed some?? LOL i've only this year learned how to take care of them!! not using high all the time, thing like that, and not using metal in the nonstick coating pans, ya know, things like that, yep, i'm awefully chatty today!! LOL i'm also wickedly tired!! LOL :'(
    unlike you, i'm lucky though, i can see my family once a month, if i want to. LOL they are truckdrivers. they live like 35 or so miles from me. many ((((HUGS)))) frances !!!!

but i'm going thru my seeds today so i have lots to do!! **grinn** ~Medo
    have a great day!!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Bump and I have spent the day making Christmas cards, and that's been a good thing. We've played music, decorated cards, and watched a movie together. All in all, a good day of de-fusing.
    Now, as for those of you who are still wanting some snow, come and get it! I've got almost a foot in the yard, and there are places around here which have over two feet of the white stuff! So, bring trucks, trailers, whatever, and help yourselves! I'd mail it to you if I could.....

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Dan,
    I am new here,we do not know each other,but i would like to offer my hand in friendship and tell you how terriably sorry i am for the loss of your loved one,my heart breaks for you,and i have no words to offer you,i will carry you and bump in my thoughts.

Have you entered Bump in the Birthday wish list?
    I am happy you gave him my red seed holder to play with,i wish i would have sprinkled a little cat nip on it. :0)
    Carol

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Dan, I'm sorry for your great loss, that's so sad, good you're keeping faith, sending you prayers.
    Snow would be more special for us having it about once a year, blow the flurry down south, will you?

Theresa- Threas, thank you for the reminders, we do need to remember those less fortunate and lonely, even with just a card, thank you to our heroes. Used to send emails to US servicemen overseas, will look into it again, someone told me emails I sent thru Xerox won't work, hope they do.

MaeMae, Mary, you made me laugh---opening GW friend's card before your sister's---all she had was pictures of her dog and cat, how disappointing, LOL---now that's a one for " You know you're addicted to Seed Exchange when" ( Seed Exchange Conversation--would make same comments if it weren't me starting it, lol).
    Seed info---figured BES Spanish Eyes vine is a pretty Black Eye Susan Vine I've been wanting, thanks again Theresa ( Threas).
    Still packaging seeds and letting some dry, made notes wherever I saw wants I can fullfil, not many for what I'm having, so there will be secret swaps on my side.

Have a great weekend you all,

GB-Bea

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

Oh Monica.........viewing your garden made up for not getting any mail today. It is beautiful and now I understand why you have so many seeds to share.

I am convinced that I must try winter sowing, at least for my flowers. I hope it works for me. My DH gets a little upset because I have pots everywhere in the spring with my vegetable starts.........wonder how he will like it starting in January. I have many, many, small pots that fit in flats so I think I can keep it fairly neat and orderly, but will have to figure out how I am going to cover it. He came home the other day and told me that I needed to go to Harbor Frieght with him next time so I could look at their greenhouses. Do you suppose he is slowing being converted???? I think he was a little surprised when I knew all about them because I had been reading the GW forum.

Paula, your yard is pretty also and I can see that a lot of time has been spent there. Soon you will be to the street and won't have to mow at all. LOL

Dan, I send you my blessing. Sometimes life throws us some real curves that we don't understand. We just must keep reminding ourselves that He has told us that it may not be easy, but it will be worth it. Keep the faith, and we will keep you in our prayers.

You have all been wonderful and I have totally enjoyed this swap. Keep the garden pictures coming. It gives me encouragement.

My son and DIL that live in Africa will be here starting Tuesday, and we are all doing a Christmas cruise. I am now in the Christmas spirit, thanks to all of you. Carol

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carol, I wish you the BEST trip ever !! I hope you will come back with pictures to share...esp to me, never been on a cruise.

WINTERSOWING WORKS AND IS THE BEST !!!!!! I did over 200 containers last season, thinking ohh...half will grow...silly me....all but 9 grew...it works, and is soo much fun !!

I was hoping those of you that decide to join the bday swap, we can all share our fun this season winter sowing..what worked, what didnt...our funnny mistakes. ( although I am SURE that wont happen..LOL)

I have to admit to getting a card from my sister in law, and gave it to the kids to open...the cards from GW, I had a hard time passing them over for them to open..LOL

Ok, we will be mailboxing tomorrow YIPPEEE..and from what I hear there are still a lot of cards traveling, or on their way.

The snow put me in the mood today...now I want to bake ! Anyone have a special favorite cookie recipe ?

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Kym, I have a gluten free cookie I make for a friend that is so incredibly sweet and sinful. It only takes 3 ingredients. No one believes me when I tell them they do not have any flour because they are sooooo gooood!

3 ingredient peanut butter cookies

1 cup peanutbutter
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg

Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts and using fork dipped in sugar (for gluten free) or flour to make the classic cross hatch marks. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes (soft cookies) or 10 minutes (crispy cookies). LET COOL ON RACK. Makes 18-24 depending on the size.

Let me tell you...these are NOT diet cookies by any means.

Kim

• jworth
    15 years ago

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I've gotten cards and seeds from so many wonderful people!

Kiddo GW sent me sea oats. Thank you Kiddo GW!!!
    KERAI sent me eggplant seeds. Thank you KERAI!!!
    Alana sent me 3 really cute packets of different varieties of Zinnias. Thank you Alana!!!
    Mark Case sent me birdhouse gourds. Thank you Mark!!!
    RBRADY sent me giant Zinnias and Daisies. Thank you Rhonda!!

I wanted some seeds SOOOO badly! Thank you all so much. You've made my Christmas! These seeds are a fantastic gift that will give me so much joy when I plant them next summer. Thanks again for your generosity! The cards were all lovely too.

God Bless you!
    Merry Christmas.

JWorth

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kim, thanks for the recipe, I will be giving it a try !

*********12 days of Christmas Day 7*******************

What reindeer helps Rudolph fly at the reindeer games ?

What movie appears on TV, more than any other Holiday movie ?

In the song " All I want for Christmas", why do I want my 2 front teeth ?

What state has a town named after "CHRISTMAS" ??

Ok, see how you can do with these ones..HAVE FUN !!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NEW GAME TO PLAY HERE....FOR FUN !!! PLEASE, ONLY POST TWO WORDS PER POST, SO WE CAN ALL HAVE A CHANCE TO PLAY....

HOW MANY WORDS CAN WE MAKE FROM.........

" TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS"

FIRST WORDS: CHRIST, SIT

YOUR TURN, REMEMBER TWO WORDS PER POST...FEEL FREE TO POST MORE THEN ONCE DURING THE GAME.

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

WAS and FORE

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

BREATHE and SWAT

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Ok, for those of us that haven't done winter sowing, give us the down and dirty for doing it.

• paulan70
    15 years ago

Dan the chocolate Hollyhock is actually Chocolate Foxglove I hope I did not mislabel it. Sorry about that.

Thank you for the compliaments (sorry I can not spell to save my life) on my garden.

Now about winter sowing. This will be my 3rd year of doing it. I did not sow the plants into the cups I had transplanted the plants into the cups when they reached a certain size before I planted them out. Plus I was giving the extras away and this made it more simple and easy to do that.
    But I did my sowing in either full galloon jugs or the half galloon size milk jugs or whatever jugs I could get my hands on.
    And I am getting ready to start wintersowing again. This is the only way I have EVER had a seed turn into a viable plant usually I kill them just after they sprout if they ever got to sprout that is.

And for the game I will add Bright and Star

And I recieved two more cards

Annette (Playintheyard) She sent me Purple Petunia and some mixed petunias
    Melanie (kiddo) she sent me some amaryllis clown. hmm I wonder how this will turn out.

Thanks ladies

Paula

• patrushka
    15 years ago

ORNATE and SANTA

Mark, It is so easy and fun! I use mostly milk jugs. Remove the cap. Cut the jug below the handle almost all of the way around. I leave a hinge under the handle. Drill holes in the bottom of the jug. Fill with about four inches of soil. I water mine and then sow my seeds the next day. Place the top back over the bottom. Tape with duct tape. Some people tape all the way around, some use a few pieces. Label or number so you know what you planted. I use a paint pen. Place jug outside. There are variations on how to prepare the jug and you can use other containers to plant in too.

Here is a link to wintersown.org that might be helpful. Also check out the winter sowing forum right here at GW. Click on FAQ at the top of the forum page for lots of info.

Pat

• suze62
    15 years ago

Howdy,
    Wreath & Rice
    Suzi :~)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HI Mark...there is a great forum for wintersowing here on GW..but this is the basic info.

I feel the most important thing is making sure you use a container that holds 3-5 inches of dirt.

You use seeds that are perenniel, or need cold stratification....( annuals can be done, but in the spring)

Take a container...I use milk jugs and soda, or water bottles..cut it in half...put water hole in the bottom... then fill 3 - inches with dirt...wet dirt

Sow the seeds.......I find a lighter amount easier, but some people like to plant HOS (hunk of seedling) and let the stronger survive.

Then tape the container up...leave the cap off the top for ventilation and water source.

Use a paint marker to mark containers, sharpies will wear off in the sun and rain.

After container is ready, place it outside... and let mother nature do the rest...come spring, if you are patient, which is hard...you will see a SEA of green. Once the seedlings start to grow, you want to give them more air holes, or remove top half of container.

Plant out when they are about 2 inches high..or as soon as you can...I still have some in containers ..hope to plant them this spring.

I am sure I missed something, someone else will chime in...also there is a great site

wintersown.org that gives lists of seeds to sow by zone..and even free seeds.

• patrushka
    15 years ago

TREE and MANGER

• rbrady
    15 years ago

Good evening everyone!

master and fence.

• threas
    15 years ago

Bea,
    I'm so glad you liked the Black Eyed Susan Vine seeds.

For the game: NIGHTMARES & BETWEEN

Theresa

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Oh, I can't resist this one , used to do Word Jumbles daily--helps learn new words too.

HEARTHS
    SNOW

Snows here once every 12 years or so, once a year was a slip done in a hurry (in a previous post).

Never WS-ed, need to learn what seeds should be started now outside, aside daylily?

GB-Bea

• godsgardener
    15 years ago

Monica & Paula I enjoyed seeing your garden pictures, so I thought I would share mine too. This is a link to my website, just click on Garden Photos.
    http://debsgardenplace.weebly.com/index.html

Deb

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Dan, Bump sounds like a great little buddy, please post a picture some time. I love kitties!

WRIST
    MAT

Amy

• msmacgyver
    15 years ago

Monica, Paula & Deb you have awesome gardens. I've bookmarked them all so I can visit them again. Thanks for sharing.
    Bernie

• threas
    15 years ago

Monica, Paula & Deb, your gardens are wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Here's some of mine. The New photobucket slideshows are so fun!

Theresa

• threas
    15 years ago

Here's more of my garden.

Theresa

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Update on card and seeds.

Saturday I received Kolkwitzia amabilis and Mina Lobata from Poisondartfrog.

How cool are those?

Thanks Alana! They will both be added to my 2009 'must grow' list.

Sue

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Theresa, loved the pictures of your garden flowers!

For the word game:
    NIGHTMARE (sorry, not very Christmas-y)
    BEEF

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Deb your garden is BEAUTIFUL!!! So many great looking plants and tasty fruit and tomatoes. I specially LOVED that double pink clematis!! Do you know what cultivar it is, I would love to have one :) Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful garden, I will bookmark it for future refrence :)

Theresa I LOOOOOVE your tropical gardens as well. All those brugs are just stunning and I'm also a big fan of elephant ears. Thanks so much for sharing your garden!!! And thanks also for reminding me that we owe so much to all the people in the military, it's because of the selflessness (sp?) that this country is what it is.

Paula, thanks so much for sharing your pictures as well, it give me some really good ideas to try this coming spring :)

For the game I will say
    SIGHT and THOMAS
    I'm really not good at this sort of games so I don't play them much, but I do enjoy reading peoples responses.

Have a wonderful day everyone and happy mailboxing today!!!

Monica

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

I didn't have access to the laptop (my husband's)over the weekend, and my desktop crashed several weeks ago....but I am so excited to report on my mailboxing:
    Lisam627_ohio_z6: red asiatic lily and daylily frans hals
    Andreaz6wv: short daylily
    Kiddo: clown amaryllis
    dimples31312: red amaryllis
    I love the beautiful cards too. Kiddo's was especially appreciated!! I am hanging them all on my bedroom door; my husband gets the strangest look on his face when he looks at them- LOL! 6 total cards- YIPPEE and HOHOHO!!

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I rec'd 2 wonderful cards today! Micyrey sent 3 columbines! Love them! And Angelady sent me some delphiniums and columbines (different than the other 3)!
    I love them all! And the card angelady sent was so cool! I absolutely thought it was wonderful!
    Thanks for making my day ladies! Melinda

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

LOL!! Went back to read one of the older posts, and found thread #7!! Kim, big hugs, I know its gotta be a little confusing at times trying to keep everything in order, but you are doing a great and wonderful thing here...CARRY ON!! Anyhow, the picture posted on the #7 thread reminded me of a beautiful tree that was in my front yard in Ohio when I was a child. I saw that winter wonderland scene for many years. Thanks for the happy memories.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

My mailboxing total for today.....6!!!!! Many thanks to:
    Heather in VA~columbine,Zinnia giant Cali mix,sweet peas,picotee cosmos,& Salvia Blue Bedder Sage!!!!
    michiganmama~zinna mixed
    peaches20~zinnia Green Envy & PM Stick
    princess_ariel~thumbelina zinnia((cute handmade card!)
    flowers1~blue morning glory
    playintheyard~Red Salvia

Thanks again!!!
    April/dirt_under_my_nails

• keeversgirl
    15 years ago

Sorry it has taken me so long to post, the holidays have had me going in too many different directions! I have been absolutely ELATED though every time I receive an SS card, especially since I am so new!!

I have received 6 cards, including beauty berry, verbena bonariensis, red crape myrtle, dahlia, cleom, marigold gloriosa daisy, red canna, iris, gerbera, and dogwood.

Thank soooooo much to amy (morguegirl), Ginger (ggwrn), Sue (suecirish), Melanie (kiddo), Becky (proudgm_03) and Cathy (mao_tse_mom).

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Monica, Paula, Deb-Godsgardener, Theresa---wow, beautiful gardens, thank you for sharing your pictures.
    Theresa, you know your pics could make great Christmas cards or have they already?
    Deb, I'm saving your site, wish I was there at least in time for some lucious grapes, love em, all those tomatoes and roses, pink clematis, beautiful.
    No pictures yet, sort of poor-woman's garden, bird bath made from 4 cement blocks put together, holding a bottom tray from a large flower pot, refilled daily, gathering place for many critters besides the birds, platform bird feeder reinforced with clothes hanger wire---witholds the coons, always can see birds and butterflies, occasional stray cat...and most of the flowers still in bloom, guess our rewards for bad summers. Love those pictures and must run- just saw mailman pull over, smile.

Bea

WISHING
    BRIGHTNESS
    (have lots of the words stashed)

• soonergrandmom
    15 years ago

Deb - No wonder you call yourself godsgardener, you live in the Garden of Eden. Your garden is amazing and that pink clematis on the metal fence is celestial. Can I come love in your garden? Lucky frog.

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Hope everyone's getting lots of cards! I'm itchin' to go mailboxing today....got an eye out for the mail carrier!

Word game: Wisemen Christ

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

Smiling right now. Just received 2 more Secret Santa cards from:

flowers1 - yellow cosmos

peaches20 - lg peach daylily and pink canna (everything shipped well except some of the daylily got crushed - I am very happy with what you sent, this is a learning curve for alot of us on how we ship and what works, thank you for sharing your seeds with me)

Thank you both for the beautiful cards and seeds which I can't wait to plant in my garden.

Best to you and many, many thanks,
    quiltingfox

• auntnawnee
    15 years ago

I wasn't really expecting anything today so i had a pleasant surprise when I went to the mailbox this morning.Four more cards!!!This is so nice,I think gw'ers are the most generous people..
    I recieved a nice card from Paula with 3 different colors of datura and calendula.All were in cute little handmade hot pink envelopes...Thanks..
    From LisaM came a nice card and seeds for sherbet fizz calendula and cayenne peppers...Thanks..
    From Dorothy came a nice card and seeds for lilac lefleur..Thanks..
    From Kim(Ohsillyme)came seeds for coleus and nasturiums..They were in handmade seed envelopes,real cute!Thanks...Everybody have a nice Xmas,I sure am thanks to you all...Dawn

• chellflower
    15 years ago

okay...here's something we can use instead of sleet/rain this winter, LOL...

Word game:

Fresh Snow

Some of y'all colder zone garden friends with snow to spare (Dan?.. anyone?!?) ...please send some my way! LOL