girlsgardener_2007.........6
spookycharles..............10
jaleeisa...................14
lysa39.....................19
dirtduchess................20
andreaz6wv.................29
ishareflowers..............31

If I missed anyone for this month please let me know

Rules...You do not have to send to every Bday, but you must send a minimum of 8 months ( One card per month) so we can make sure everyone will receive.

You MUST let me know when you are sending to someone..

You MUST check in on the thread on a regular basis.

You MUST have fun, share pictures when possible, and ENJOY your Birthday !

Please remember this IS a year committment...and If you dont follow thru, I WILL note it on the rate and review.

January Birthday Buddies, PLEASE post your wish lists..and let the CELEBRATION BEGIN !!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday Seed Extravaganza January

Kym,

Where do I get the addresses?

o

Hahaha THAT is a good question, Mark.

o

Kym, I'm assuming you want us to e-mail you to let you know who we're sending cards to, right?
You wanted us to send you our addresses when we signed up, so how about making an address list for each month, and e-mailing the address list to us all, month by month? Or, you could send them to us as we write to tell you who we're sending to. Just some ideas, use them if they're useful.
-Dan

o

Yes Dan, the addresses will all go out in an email...JUST like the SSWAP......We werent suppose to start this swap till the day after Christmas...but the thread ran out on the other...so I will send them out at the end of the month..I need a bit of time to wrap up the other swap..

I need an email from everyone each month...I am not sending...or I am sending to...

We will post the new month about 10 days beforehand so people can post their wish lists...

any other questions....just let me know !!!

PLEASE remember to use your gw screen name in the emails AND please make sure you have sent me the birthdate, your address AND the answers to the questions, if I dont have ALL of them in an email...I will not post your name on the lists.

Kym

o
what questions?

Kym,
What answers to what questions? I know we're supposed to send you an e-mail with our name, full address, birthdate, and gw name. What else?
I'm glad you're organizing this, there's no way I could do it!
Hope everyone is having a good night!
-Dan

birthday cake Pictures, Images and Photos

o
reposting the questions....

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THESE QUESTIONS, AND EMAIL ME THEN WITH THE ANSWERS...ADD YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, AND GARDENWEB NAME WITH IT, IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT YOUR ADDRESS. ( PLEASE ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR GW NAME IN AN EMAIL TO ME, THANKS)

1. DO YOU HAVE A BDAY IN DEC...IF SO, DO YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE IT IN DEC OR JULY.

2. DO YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR KIDS JOIN IN A KIDS ONLY SWAP, IT WOULD INCLUDE A HOMEMADE CARD, AND PACK OF SEEDS.

3. DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE 'PINATA' PART OF THE SWAP?

4.DO YOU PROMISE TO DO YOUR VERY BEST TO STAY IN THIS SWAP UNTIL DEC ?

NUMBER 4 IS A BINDING CONTRACT...LOL REALLY, IF YOU DONT FOLLOW THRU, WE WILL HUNT YA DOWN, AND THROW SEEDS AT YA..GRIN.

OK, FILL OUT THE QUESTIONS AND SEND THEM TO ME.

These are the questions, I need the answers sent with your screen name, birthdate AND address....I NEED this ALL IN AN EMAIL, PLEASE do NOT post here. Help me to keep the info straight..

Dan, I love the froggie cake...can I have a slice ? We are getting over 10 inches of snow tomorrow, I shall bake all day with the kids...cant wait !

o

OH MY GOSH Dan posted my Birthday CAKE!!! LOL, I WOULD SOOOO LOVE ONE LIKE THAT!!!! So cute, TOO COOL!!! WOW NEATO DAN!!!

Ok, I am ready for people to start posting their wants. I need BDAY CARDS OH MY GOSH, I don't have any!!!

Wooooohoooo, this is gonna be FUN!!!
LOVE BDAYS, don't like getting older...lol.

:) Fran

o

WANT LISTS WILL CONSIST OF 25 SEEDS...AND you MUST have your trade list up to date...so our buddies can look at them too !!!

Dan, I think you should be in charge of the bday cakes...LOL

Ok, please post your want lists before Dec 31st.( for birthday's in January !)

Kym

o

Okay Kym, I just sent you all the info you needed. Thanks for posting the questions again!

And, as for the birthday cakes, I'll see what I can do. But, I'm not spending all my time in the kitchen baking!

Cake #2
birthday cake Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Fran,
I got your email, I typed a long response and lost it. I just couldn't help myself when I got the catalogues in! I do share all my seeds so no worries, doubles are always good!

I'll post my list now if that's okay.....

1. bee balm-any but love panorama mix and petite delight
2. dames rocket
3. acanthus
4. brugmansia- any pink for my Mom
5. soapwort
6. borage
7. ormamental kale-white crane or sunset
8. nigella-african bride
9. lisianthus-any but blue
10.zinnia-whirligig
11.flamingo feathers
12.pink candles
13.anchusa
14.scarlet flax
15.salpiglossis-any
16.chocolate anything
17.primula-tommasinii(maiden name) true blue
18.any malva except zebrina and moshcato
19.penstemon-true blue
20.verbascum-copper rose
21.chrysanthemum-coconut ice or carnation sunset
22.calendula-any pinks
23.hollyhock-happy lights or indian spring
24.tall perennials that dont mind being in an area that gets wet and frozen solid during the winter months!
25.your garden favorite

I have updated my trade page for another swap but it is there for viewing.

I have my cards and I'm ready to check lists so come on January babies, post those lists!

Have a great day!
Lisa

o

I think I've narrowed it down! Here is my Birthday Wish List~ in no particular order...
1. Bunny tail grass
2. Ladys slippers
3. Fairy Wands (Dierama pulcherrima)
4. Bugleweed 'Black Scallop'
5. Asparagus Larac Hybrid
6. Citronella Plant
7. Lemon Grass
8. Citronella Grass
9. Iresine Purple Lady
10. Toad Lily *Miyazaki
11. Broccoli Packman
12. Onion "Mars" or "Mercury"
13. Mini- or micro-mini roses
14. Campanula Carpatica "Blue Clips"
15. Coleus any of the following: 'Chocolate Mint', 'Trailing Plum', 'Dark Star', 'Dark Chocolate'
16. Bell Peppers - Any except California Wonder- especially reds, orange and yellow and chocolate
17. Cayenne pepper
18. Garlic suitable for my zone- prefer strong flavor types
19. Hardy Cyclamen
20. Torenia (wishbone flower)
21. Jack-in-the-Pulpit
22. Heucherella- any of the following: 'Tapestry', 'Burnished Bronze', 'Quicksilver'
23. Lisianthus- Any of the ones listed on my wants list
24. Black-Leaf Sweet Potato Vine, Black Heart Ipomoea
25. Blueberries -Dwarf Tophat Blueberry, Patio Blueberry

I've also updated my wants on my trade list, but you know how that goes, it can change daily with someone mentioning something or a new catalog arriving :)

I'm SO excited about this!

Kym, I've emailed you the answers to those questions, please let me know if you need them again. I'll email you with my list of birthday cards for this month as soon as I have time to look at everyone's wish list and wants list.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Jaleeisa's Trade List

o

I've been looking at everyone's wants list on their trade pages. Dimples is actually dimples31312 for those already planning. And girlsgardener_2007 doesn't have anything listed on her trade page at all. Charles (spookycharles) could you perhaps email me with the common names of some of your wants? Or post them here? I've looked up a few of them using the Latin names on your page, but it's very slow going for me since most of my seeds are packaged with the common names.

I *think* I will be able to find something to send to each of my fellow January birthday garden buddies :) I'm hoping to be able to package up and send out close to birthdays if not early in the month.

Kathy

o

Ok, ok I tried to resist but couldn't...hope I can still sign up to join the group. My birthday is in February...I really don't NEED any seeds but somehow I just cannot resist. Kim

1. DO YOU HAVE A BDAY IN DEC...IF SO, DO YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE IT IN DEC OR JULY. N/A

2. DO YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR KIDS JOIN IN A KIDS ONLY SWAP, IT WOULD INCLUDE A HOMEMADE CARD, AND PACK OF SEEDS. YES

3. DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE 'PINATA' PART OF THE SWAP? NO

4.DO YOU PROMISE TO DO YOUR VERY BEST TO STAY IN THIS SWAP UNTIL DEC ? YES, YES, AND YES... did I say yes???

o

Kym, isn't your birthday in January? Why aren't you listing yourself?

o

Alright! i will do my very best to get everything figured out for this seed extravaganza, 8 packs of seeds at least with cards, regular postings for received and sent, addresses and bdays i have faith i will get from Kim, must post my wish list soon,did I forget anything ?? Oh, must answer some questionaire. what else? Chris

Birthday: March 18

o

Kym, I just found out I was wrong about when your birthday was, and it's not January. Sorry about the mix-up! LOL!

o

Has anyone heard anything from girlgardener_2007? She still doesn't have anything posted on her trade page, so I'm having trouble getting her card together.

Kathy

o

Here's my wish list.
My want list updated but I am always open to others. LOL
(I never know what I'm looking for untill I see it)

Photobucket
Happy Birthday to all the Jan. Babies!

1.Amaryllis
2.Anemone
3.Bat Flower
4.Bee Balm
5.Bells of Ireland
6.Black eyed susan vine
7.Blackberry Lily
8.Bleeding Heart
9.Brugmansia
10.Chinese Lantern
11.Cleome...cherry or white
12.Clematis
13.Columbine
14.Coneflower..pink double delight
15.Coneflower...red
16.Crimson Clover
17.DayLily
18.Formosa Lily
19.Gerber Daisy
20.Jeruselum Artichokes
21.Lupine
22.Mexican Bird of Paradise
23.Ornamental Pepper..Bolivian Rainbow (any)
24.Oxblood Lily
25.Plumeria

o

whew, I finally found someone I can send to!

o

Dan, thanks so much for thinking of me, I am an APRIL baby..LOL Im glad too, cause I dont need anymore seeds right now..

Kathy...we do not have to have our lists up to date until AFTER the holidays, January swap wasnt suppose to start UNTIL the day after Christmas...I am sure she will post a wish list next week.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO ONLY POST A WISH LIST IN YOUR BIRTHDAY MONTH !!!

GROLIKECRAZY...I need to email you again...with a few more details..LOL Welcome to the swap !

Kim, I need to questions EMAILED to me..thanks !

PLEASE REMEMBER, I NEED YOUR ADDRESS, GW NAME, BIRTHDAY AND QUESTIONS ALL EMAILED TO ME, DO NOT POST THEM HERE, THANKS !

January Birthdays, please post your wish list next week...and I will start getting addresses ready to email to you all.

Kym

o

so we still have quiet a few who need to post their list for Jan. too huh? I hope they post soon I want to get something ready to mail out!!! The ones that have posted so far are the only ones right? None were posted on the other thread right?

Kathy honey, I WISH I had something to send you but you don't have anything listed that I have alas what's a good friend to do but SURPRISE the other and HOPE she likes it? HUMMMM? lol.

I hope everyone is having a GREAT HOLIDAY START SO FAR...MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL, I may not post on this one again until AFTER CHRISTMAS.....

o

Looking forward to this Birthday Extravaganza!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

Gotta find some cool cards!!

Annette-playintheyard

o

Kym,
I can't remember if i joined this or not, i think i did.:0)

OK, I also need the questions e mailed to me.
Am i forgetting any thing?
Carol

o

The questions are posted above Carol. Copy them, and email them to Kim.

o

I adore surprises! I especially enjoy getting things that my friends have grown themselves and enjoyed or have recently become interested in! There are so many things I don't know I want until I see someone else mention it and I look it up! Lately I've become interested in jasmines, Agastaches, Adenophora, and Tricyrtis as well as any suggestions for my theme gardens. I've got a wide range in gardens, so I'm not real picky :) And I know I will enjoy anything I receive because it came from someone where with the well wishes and thoughts for my birthday!

Kathy

o

grolikecrazy/Chris, no we don't have to mail out 8 packs of seeds we have to participate 8 months out of 12 at least.
As long as you mail out a card to someone with a want from their Bday wish list then you are covered for a month...

Hopefully we can do maybe 2 ppl each each month.

Yeah, Yeah I KNOW I said I 'prolly' won't post again until after Christmas but I got 'bored' packing seeds and I needed a break I have done it for about 3.5 straight hours this evening...

o

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Photobucket

o

Merry christmas!

o

Photobucket

o

Can some one explaine to me how to copy and mail to Kym?Thank you,
CAROL

o

Hi Carol,

Not quite sure what you mean by copy, do you mean copy and paste? If so, simply highlight what you want to copy with your mouse (left mouse button down) hit ctrl c and then to paste place your curser where you want to paste it and hit ctrl v. If that isn't what your asking, I'm not sure maybe you can explain a bit?

You can email Kym via her page (says it right next to her nick above) or visit it here... http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=flwrs4ever top right says send me an email. I'll check back to see if this is what you were asking...hope it helps :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

o

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to the greatest bunch of people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

Margarita10

o

Hi dirt,
Yes, i guess that is what i am asking,we need to copy and paste , to her, the questions she has asked, after we fill them out.

I do not know my way around the computer very well.I have necer had to copy and paste,i will try what you say,thanks,
Carol

o

Hi Kym,
I need some addresses. Hope you can post them very soon. Sent you email.
Thanks so much,

Cindy : )

o

Me too Kym. I have cards ready and seeds ready for WS for people.

Mark

o

If you cant get the copy and paste figured out Carol, you can just retype them and mail them to her.

Here they are again.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THESE QUESTIONS, AND EMAIL ME THEN WITH THE ANSWERS...ADD YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, AND GARDENWEB NAME WITH IT, IF YOU HAVEN'T SENT YOUR ADDRESS. ( PLEASE ALWAYS INCLUDE YOUR GW NAME IN AN EMAIL TO ME, THANKS)
1. DO YOU HAVE A BDAY IN DEC...IF SO, DO YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE IT IN DEC OR JULY.

2. DO YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR KIDS JOIN IN A KIDS ONLY SWAP, IT WOULD INCLUDE A HOMEMADE CARD, AND PACK OF SEEDS.

NUMBER 4 IS A BINDING CONTRACT...LOL REALLY, IF YOU DONT FOLLOW THRU, WE WILL HUNT YA DOWN, AND THROW SEEDS AT YA..GRIN.

OK, FILL OUT THE QUESTIONS AND SEND THEM TO ME (KIM)

o

Hi Carol, you can also email the post to yourself by going to the "clippings" in the right corner. Just click on email this post, put your email address in. Go to your email address, open the sent email and then hit forward. You can then place your answers to the questions. Insert Kyms email address... krykym@fullchannel.net and send it.
This is what I did. I too don't know how to cut and paste!

o

Easier way to copy, cut and paste:
1. By holding down the LEFT mouse button will allow you to HIGHLIGHT the area you wish to copy. THEN STARTING WITH THE WORDS or area you wish to highligh left click and allow your mouse to roll/glide over the area you wish to copy.
In the case of Kym's questions you will want to place your mouse beside the number 1 in the first question and left click, holding the left key down and begin to roll/glide in this case SCROLL DOWN until the whole area is highlighted. If you just had a few words you can just highlight 1 or as many as you wish to copy by rolling over/gliding over them.
2.Once your area you wish to copy is completely highlighted you then let the left mouse button up/go then RIGHT CLICK just right click the mouse bottom and LET IT GO do NOT hold it down and a box will come up with copy, select all, print or print preview. You want to hit copy by right clicking on the word to choose it.
3. Go to the place you wish to place your copy ie: email, word pad, note pad in your case you can click Kym's my page and go to her email from GW once you have the email open or box area for your message to go them RIGHT CLICK and LET GO a box will appear this time with: undo, paste, delete, select all, YOU WILL WANT TO choose PASTE you must right click in order to choose paste. You mouse over the word paste in order to click on it.
Once you have hit paste your copied text will appear and then you can answer the questions and email.
You can cut something this way too, if you are typing something an you wish to remove it or a part you just highlight it and choose to cut, instead of copy, then it will be gone UNLESS you just wish to move it to another area such as a paragraph down then you may paste it somewhere else.
It will stay on your 'clip board' until you choose to copy, cut, or paste something else.
If you ever have someone tell you to just CCP it, then they are telling you to copy, cut, and paste.

NOW for those of you who need to look at instructions more then once CCP them from here open your note pad and then save it somewhere like on your desk top so you can find it easily and you will have them until you need them.

IF you have never saved anything you may email me and I will try to tell you how.

o

Where are all the January babies!!!

I jumped the gun a bit and mailed two cards out this morning. Happy mailboxing!!!!

Lisa

o

I also am wanting to see the January babies lists!!! I am waiting for them to post so I can see who I can send to! But already can send to some that have posted! Just want to see who else! Melinda

o

I'm here and I've posted my list!!! Hehe! I'm looking forward to this one! It would be really cool to actually get birthday cards for my birthday :) And seeds too! YAY!! I posted the 25 here, but have lots more on my wants list on my trade page :) And I adore surprises! Especially ones from my GW friends' gardens!

I mailed out my first two the other day, so they should have them by their birthdates! I'll be mailing out the middles this next week :)

Kathy

o

Ahh poor Kathy, I got there as soon as the doors open Friday morning, well really BEFORE they opened, got in got what I wanted and got out without a hassel. All the good stuff went really quickly though, BUT I STILL managed to get a few nice things.

Kathy, I have a question for you. I ordered something I LOVE and I was wanting to share a few seeds with you. I don't know how well they germinate though BUT I can only send you 5 seeds, if I send these. Would you have a problem with getting only a few? I KNOW you will want it, it looks like it will be a fabulous plant!!!

Wow, I hope the other Jan. babies post a list soon. I am ready to start packing things they want...lol.

o

hehe Also for copy & paste.. For shortcuts & less clicking.

Just select the first letter or word, then hold down shift & move the arrow keys.. or for a line hold down shift + Ctrl. That will cause it to jump to each word. There are so many ways for copy & paste.

Or this neat trick.. click on a sentence and hold Shift + Home or Shift + End. It highlights the whole line, from the place you clicked.

Also.. Ctrl + Shift + Home or Ctrl + Shift + End to select everything above or below the place you clicked with your cursor. Ctrl + A for everything! :)

After your done highlighting whichever way you choose to do like Fran has shown as well, hit Ctrl + C to copy then Ctrl + V to paste. These all are shortcuts if you don't want to use the mouse through it all. I do a mix when I copy & paste. Mostly with the mouse. Long time on PC to figure some stuff out! :)

Happy Birthday to you all January Gardeners!

-David

o

Fran, I know, folks were lined up waiting to get everything as soon as 6 am hit. We're a 24 hour Wal~Mart, so everything always starts at like 5-6 am. By the time I got in at 9, everything was a wreck! I wish I'd realized that my Department Manager, who had shoulder surgery two weeks ago and isn't suppose to do anything, was going to be by herself that day until I got in, I'd have gotten it approved to be there at 6. Yesterday I spent the entire day condensing down what's left. That involves more than just moving stuff down, it's all got to be sorted and straightened, etc, then moved. But I got more than I'd thought accomplished and hopefully will have enough room to start putting lawnmowers, etc back out even with the other departments bringing over their Christmas stuff, today.

LOL, I'm more than happy with just receiving a few seeds of something special! I always feel special in just managing to get some of something really special or rare! So YES! I'd be more than fine with it! The way I see it, there are some really rare and expensive seeds and plants out there, even if germination rates are low, if I get one plant out of it, I'm blessed :) Especially if a friend shared it with me!

Thanks for thinking about me on it!

Kathy

o

Hi everyone just spent the last hour or so looking up the Jan. babys members pages and wants and really enjoyed myself. this is gonna be fun!

Annette

o

I am adding my list to this page:
1. Impatiens
2. Petunias
3. Begonia
4. Flowering Maple
5. Pitcher Plant
6. Neoregelia
7. Tropical Hibiscus
8. Geraniums
9. Bananas
10. Bromeliads
11. Fuchsia
12. Sumac
13. Lady's Mantal
14. Verbena-On-A-Stick
15. Passifloria
16. Lotus
17. Ballon Flower(blue&pink)
18. Swiss Chard(bright lights)
19. Red Okra
20. Lemon Grass
21. Brugmansia
22. Lupins
23. Trailing Snapdragons
24. Trailing Verbena
25. Trailing Zinna
girlgardener_2007

o

Have I missed the email? When and where do I get the address list?

o

Mark do you not still have your original SSSS llist? That is what I used.

If Kym doesn't sign on tonight before I go to bed I will email you Jan. Babies addresses. :)

o

I'd like to know what happened too Mark. I also have yet to receive the Jan. B-day address list.

Cindy

o

I got the addresses late last night/ early this morning. Thank you.

the SSSS list did not have all the addresses on it. Happy mailing!

o

Could someone mail me the addresses as well, please? I'm gonna get everyone ready to go on my day off this week.

Kathy

o

Could I get a list of the addresses too? I've got some of them from the SS Swap, but not all. I'd like to get the cards sent out this week so they'll be in time for the Birthday Bunch.

-Dan

o

Cindy, Kathy, Dan I got you covered....emailing you now...The only address I don't have is lysa39 she must not have been in the other swap and we haven't heard from her in yet another swap I joined.
Someone said she could be one of the ones having a power outage, so we'll have to wait on her to give her addy.

o

Hi everyone!
I also did not receive an address list for January's Bday gardeners :-) Could someone email it to me please? I have 3 cards ready so far...

Looks like we still need some want lists posted too huh?
Cmon everyone! Let's see those want lists ! :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

"poking myhead in"..can I sign up or is this closed?

o

I am sure Kym, will be happy to add you Linda.
Just fill these questions out and email them to her this is from her original post.
Here they are again.

OK, FILL OUT THE QUESTIONS AND SEND THEM TO ME (KIM)

Wendy, I am not sure where Kym is today but I will email you the list I have as stated before I don't have lysa39 address BUT I have the rest I can send for Jan.

o

hey everyone, i havent forgotten about the addresses...We werent even suppose to start this swap till this week, and I left getting all the info together till after Christmas. The dr gave me a new med, and I waited to try it till the day after christmas, and it has knocked me on my butt..

Also, my computer had died, so I am working on my dads, and have to start all my record keeping over, so please bear with me ok ??

I will email to you all soon with the addresses, and Linda you are more then welcome to join, just email me your address and answers to the questions.

thanks for being patient with me,

kym

o

Kym do you know yet what happened to ur puter?
Sorry it killed over on you...do you need help with anything please let me know I will be glad to help in anyway you know that.

o

Okay, now you've done it...my little one is bugging me about when he gets to do a seed swap lol. He's starting to read over my shoulder to see if he can spot it yet!

Oh I guess it will help him with his reading hehe!

o

hey everyone, i am working on emails, if you dont hear from me by morning PLEASE email me

I have a ton of people that only sent partial info, so I have a lot of emails to send, and info to retrieve. I needed the addresses so i could start a new list, and a lot assumed i already had them and I have a lot of missing birthdates.

Ok, if you dont hear from me tonight, email me in the morning, i have done a ton of emails already, working on more.

thanks for being patient, i am working on getting caught up

kym

o

my list of people paticipating, if you are not listed PLEASE email me....

yotetrapper
markcase
dan_the_mailman
ncgardengirl
ishareflowers
jaleeisa
plant-one-on-me
dimples31312
playintheyard
just1morehosta
dirtdiggin
margarita10
alwaysagarden
ilovefarac
intelkid
girlgardener_2007
sassybutteryfly_2008
lindaruzicka
angelady
dirt_under_my_nails
rbrady
nikkineel
suecirish
kamiljablo
godsgardener
morguegirl
auntnawnee
micyrey
threas
highalttransplant
isamae
andreaz6wv
medontdo
carol57078
dirtduchess
proudgm_03
appaloosa909
chellflower
lisaM627_ohio_z6
soonergrandmom
suze62
shropshire_lad
aphroditelaughs
spookycharles
windred
dirtygert
mommyto2
riley17
peaches20
dirtdiggin
patrushka
divahethr
mao_tse_mom
lysa39
colcol
crafting4goddess
stevenwayne
alwaysagarden
piksi_hk
perennialfan273
daffodilady
taz56
grolikecrazy
FLWRS4EVER 64 PEOPLE SO FAR

PLEASE CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THIS LIST, AND IF NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN AN EMAIL THAT YOU ARE MISSING.

THANKS A BUNCH

KYM

o

Do I post BB cards here???

I recevied a Beautiful Birthday today has Butterflys on it!
Also 3 packs of seeds:
Larkspur mixed colors
Blackberry Lily
White Yarrow

Thank you so much Kathy (jaleeisa) For the card and your kindness!
((HUGS))
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Hey Kym,
I got the address List for Jan. B-Days from Fran, so don't have to worry about sending me that.

Cindy

o

Dorothy, so glad it arrived well and you liked them! I was hoping I'd chosen well for you! Happy early birthday!

Kathy

o

I received the addresses, thanks so much! :)

~Wendy

o

I received the Jan addresses. Let me know when you get lysa39 address.
If anyone else has it can you email me.
Thanks
Dorothy

o

it seems there are still spooky, lysa, andrea, and dutches, who have not posted their most wanted, and PLEASE KYM!!! i use that one all the time **big grinn** surely you can come up with a better one than that!! **really big onery grin now** LOL i've got a list of the seeds i can send, sooooo i'm just waiting on the others and their most wanted!! hubs got me some stamps for christmas!! he really knows the way to my heart!! but if he woulda got me some horse poo or some dirt for my sfg then he'd totally have me!! LOL **big smile** i think this will be so fun and i can't wait!! :') how was everyone's christmas? i hope it was great!! i hope your plans for the new year is great!! my only ones are to do everything that i did last year but in reverse!! LOL nope!! i DON"T plan to lose weight, i DON"T plan to clean the house EVERY day!! and i DON"T plan to stick to schooling EVERY single day their supposed to!! LOL so i'm going to do what i want to, and then hopefully i will do what i wanted to do in the end!! Tee Hee!! LOL ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: Barehanded Totally Nutso Gardener!! **Big Grinn**

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday S eed Extravaganza January

Medo your plans for the NEW YEAR sounds GREAT!!!
Dorothy

o

I guess we are supposed to post our most wanted list here, so here it goes, in descending order:

+++Vegetables:
Your 5 most favorite vegetables you grow that I don't have.
Your 3 most favorite pole beans
15 shade plants
Kniphofia Bees' Gold,'Jenny Bloom''Nancy's Red','Painted Lady', Tawny King' Toffee Nosed', Timothy
ipomea batatas margarite sweeet potato vine

For an all summer color garden:
achillea fireland
lavandula augusttifolium hidcote
liatrisspicata kobold
echinacea purpurea white swan
gaura lindheimeri siskiyou pink
sedum rupestre angelina
liriope muscari monroe white
perovski atripicifolia
artemesia powis castle
Zinnias Dreamland Coral, cherry profusion, sun gold, sun cherry,sun red
Cut flowers seeds or starts:
Acanthus Mollis
Angels Trumpet - Collection(Pink, Yellow, White and Metel)
Argyranthemum Cherry
Antirrhinum - Double Madam Butterfly Mixed,Frosted Sunset Varigated,Chinese Lanterns Trailing
Astilbe fanal red, pumila,Rheinland Bergenia
Celosia cristata burgundy giant,Bombay Purple'
cosmos seashells,Cosmos Bright Eyes, Cosmos Sensation
Curcumas
Dahlia Cinderella
Gazania Giant Mix
Godetia Dwarf
Eschscholzia - Summer Sorbet
Gaillardia 'Picta Double'
Geranium Buttermilk
Geranium Fireworks(CHERRY, cherry-red,LIGHT PINK,RED/WHITE, red&white SCARLET
Lobelia Rosebud
lupine sunset colors
Osteospermum Collection(all colors)
portulaca selby, grandiflora
Petunia Bavarian Belle
Blanket Petunias
Pillar Geranium

Oh the choices, very hard for meto pick...Chris

o

No grolikecrazy-Chris you are just supposed to post for YOUR birthday month and since yours is in March then you will need to post ONLY 25 of your most wanted seeds IN FEB, IF however, no one has anything you posted them we can check you wanted GW member page. So THAT needs to be current at that time too.
Nice to meet you glad you joined.

Kym is going to TRY to get back to everything today.

Hey all!!!

o

thanks Fran for helping me out, as always...I am on my dads computer for a few days, when he isnt using it, that is...

Grolikecrazy....no biggie, just copy and paste your list onto your computer, and update it if needed before March, and then post it on the March bday thread.

Thanks to you all for being patient with me...I think I am getting caught back up on the info. I stopped taking the new med too, so I should feel better by tomorrow.

Wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

BTW, to the Bday Buddies of the month, would you post a little about yourself.......thought it would be nice to learn a little about each birthday buddie on their special month !!!

I am working on the pinata, and kids swap, more info to come.

Kym

o

Hi Everyone,
I think it's a great idea to tell a little about ourselves. It would make sending the card more personal. Sort of putting an image to the names.

Kym can we help at all getting the pinata started? I'm sorry but I did not receive the e-mail addresses.

Annette

o

Kym, Sorry to hear that the meds made you feel sicker. I hope you are following up with a dr for an alternative. You take of yourself - don't make me come up there!
I've got some Jan cards ready to go - just waiting on one more special seed order from Summerhill before I can send. Hope everyone has a happy new year's day! Nik

o
please read....update !!!

Nikki, thanks...It was suppose to help with the nerve pain but i cant take all the side effects ..id rather be in pain.I have a follow up with the dr in a few weeks.

Ok, I need some help !!!!!!!!!!! I need the following people to email me their address, bdate, and answers to the questions posted above in the thread...PLEASE email me ASAP ...I am sure a few of you already have, but I lost all my info on my computer.

intelkid
just1morehosta
sassybutterfly_2008
dirt_under_my_nails
rbrady
godsgardener
kamiljablo
auntnawnee
isamae
andreaz6wv
dirtduchess
suze62
aphroditelaughs
spookycharles
peaches20
divahether
mao_tse_mom
lysa39
crafting4goddess
alwaysagardener
piksi_hk
perennialfan273

PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP, SO I CAN GET ALL THE INFO UP TO DATE.

I HAVE ALSO EMAILED MANY OF YOU ASKING FOR MISSING INFO, THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME AS QUICKLY AS YOU ALL HAVE.

I MISSED ZINARY ON MY LAST POSTING OF A LIST, DID I MISS ANYONE ELSE ??

I am working on collecting info from 65 people, so please bear with me, as soon as I am done, I will get more going on here !!

JAN BIRTHDAY BUDDIES, PLEASE POST A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF, SO WE CAN ALL GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER THRU THE YEAR !!

o

Santa Seed Swap was so much fun. I couldn't wait to go to my mail box each day. I am looking forward to see what I get for my Birthday seeds and to send seeds to you.

Here's my want list...
Celosia
Daisy
Petunia
Love Lies Bleeding
Coleus
Lisianthus
Morning Glory
Passionflower
Nasturium
Echinacea
Herbs
Veggies
Corkscrew Vine
Angel Trumpet
Bird of Paradise
Larkspur
Dwarf Mexican Petunia
Bromeliads
Asters
Sweet Pea
Nicotiana
Your Favorite seeds
Seeds I didn't list
Seeds you have a lot of

I'll be watching for my mail lady.
Dirtduchess
P.S. Could someone tell my how to post pictures on this site. I have some pretty flower pics I would love to show. The pics on this forum are beautiful.

o

Dangit! Now everyone will have to scroll thru my 'very long list' to get to our January babies, embarrassing.. is there a way i can take it off and get my revamped list of 25 posted in Feb? I got the idea right now , right? Chris

o

it's okay Chris, it gives us a chance to put back seeds for you.."S"

o
Lisa

I received another Birthday Card today!!!
Thank you Lisa (ishareflowers) for the really cute card. It has mushrooms with a cute mice writing in note (to me) LOL
She sent me Clematis dark purple, columbine calemero and orn. peppers.
Lisa do you know the type of orn. peppers? Even you don't it doesn't matter I Love surprises.
Thanks again,
((HUGS))
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Ok Kym here's alittle about myself.

BB Jan. 2, xxxx I'm not telling! LOL

As most of you know my name is Dorothy aka dimples31312. And YES I like the Wizard Of Oz! LOL
I have been married for 36 yrs. Have 3 grown children and 6 grands age 15-2.
The 2 oldest are living with me and DH.
I enjoy gardening. I also have 3 ponds with goldfish and koi. This is my first year with a Green House.
It's not the biggest or the best but it's mine. I have really been enjoying it this winter.
I also like to craft. I sew and paint. I have a craft room full of unfinished stuff. LOL
Susan aka taz56 is also here at GW. She is my sister-in-law. And also for the past 10 years or so as been my best friend. Gardening brought us together! (HEY SIS)
I have been a member if GW since 2002. But this is the first year that I really joined in the big swaps. It will not be the last! I have enjoyed it so much.
Everyone has been so nice, I talk about y'all as if we have been friends forever!
((hugs to all))
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Dorothy,

I'm glad to see that your card and that the seeds made it safetly to your place! I don't know which peppers that you have, I got them in a trade and didn't know enough to ask what kind or color.... SURPRISE!!!!!

There's another card out there and two more going out today.

Happy mailboxing!!
Lisa

o

I received a birthday card!! It was from Lisa (ishareflowers) a lovely card with a precious little mouse perched on top of a mushroom making a garden list!! Inside was not only a wonderful birthday wish for me, but Dwarf French Marigolds (can NEVER have enough marigolds! Especially the dwarf ones!), Iresine Purple Lady (just a few seeds, but that's always welcome! And I really wanted these for my Gargoyle Garden!) and Bunny Tails Grass! (A BIG want not only for my Fairy Garden, but for other spots in the gardens as well!)

Thank you so much Lisa!! That made a really awful, miserable day much nicer!

A little about me.. Well, my birthdate is January 14 and I will be 39 and proud of each year! I am a newlywed (since May 24) to my third husband and I believe I've definitely found the right one this time! He's the other half of me in so many ways! I have five biological children from my first marriage- ages 21,18,15,11 and 9. Four boys and a girl right in the middle. I also raised two nieces ages 28 and 24 as well as a mentally handicapped sister in law (my first husband's sister) for 22 years. My nieces are my Godchildren and I raised them from the time I was 10 and Faye, the oldest, was 1. The older children are all on their own now, except Charlene, the sister in law, who moved to my ex-husband this last May because their mother is in bad health and she wanted to be closer. My older boys, Tommy and Jarret, have an apartment about a mile away and I see them daily. We carpool to work :) The younger three still live at home. They're all good kids- stay out of trouble, don't do things they shouldn't be and won't hang around anyone who does.

I work at Wal~Mart in the Lawn and Garden center and my primary job is to take care of the live plants. A dream job, if only I could do it consistently! I'm also a cashier and somehow they never have enough of those on the front registers, so I often get pulled to that. I have some garden beds that were started last year and am working them into larger gardens this year. I started with a completely blank palette here, which is nice, but still drives me crazy because it's not as lush and varied as I'd like yet. I really enjoy reading. Some of my favorite authors are Christine Feehan, love all of her series, Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan and many others. I tend to prefer books that are more in the SciFi genre than others. I am a Wiccan who abides by the Rede in every step of my life, was raised Christian and still hold to a lot of those ideals because they parallel the Wiccan faith in so many ways. My higher power is God, though I also believe and have great faith in the Goddess.

When not working, my DH is a rural postal carrier, we enjoy camping, hunting and fishing. We're not real big into professional sports and prefer doing to watching.

I adore gardening because it's a major way to commune with both God and the Goddess, this world is a sacred trust from them to us. It also been therapy for my children and I through major traumas a couple of years ago. All of my children enjoy gardening, particularly my two youngest, who have their own beds in the front yard (pride of place, ya know?) DH helps me and comes up with some wonderful ideas, though he says he's not a gardener. Several of my theme gardens were his ideas. We all enjoy fresh veggies and growing our own keeps food costs down. My boys are ADHD, and gardening helps them focus and slow down a little.

I've made many wonderful friends here and value them greatly! I'm looking forward to making more!

LOL, well, you asked, so the above novella isn't my fault! :P

Kathy

o

Hey Kathy,
I wish you worked at the walmart garden center around here, they sure needs someone who cares about plants. LOL
My DH and I like to camp and fish, he does the hunting. we do make it to N. Ga. once in a while to do Gold prospecting we are members of the LDMA.
Camping and looking for Gold. FUN FUN LOL
Dorothy

o

Hi Kathy,

I'm glad the card and seeds made it safetly yo you. I'm sorry about the iresine. I ordered them for myself. There was only 10 seeds to a pack so I split it with you when I saw that you wanted them too!

Lisa

o

Lisa, I was MORE than thrilled to get them! I'm always happy to get even a few of the seeds I particularly want and that was certainly one of them! I can save the seeds this year and have more to start for next year! That way I have a chance to see how they grow and what they respond best to and can decide where I want to put more the following year. I know for sure I want them for one particular bed, and have a feeling I'm going to want some in the back yard beds too, but this will give me the chance to really decide! I hope I didn't offend you with the comment, I was really trying to convey that I'm always THRILLED to get even a few seeds of a special want! Believe me, those little gems are more than welcome! Hehe, though anyone else who wants to share some of them can share them with both Lisa and I! *HINTHINT* Hehe

Kathy

o

Oh! I got another card! This one was from Chell (chellflower) She sent me a lovely card and a packet of Coleus! I adore coleus! Is this a mix, Chell? I'm trying to decide where to put it on my garden plan! Thank you so much!!!

Kathy

o

Kathy,

I was scanning the parks online catalog this morning and saw that the packet of irisine that I got should have contained 100 seeds. I sent them an email because what I got was 10 seeds!!! That is just a crazy shortage!! If they send me the packet that I was supposed to get I will mail you off some more seeds.

No cards for me...but it's still early in the game.

Lisa

o

OMG, Lisa!! Wow! That really is a huge shortage! I'd be happy to have more if they send you a proper package. Thank you for such a generous offer!

I mailed out all of my birthday cards for this month. I had seeds for everyone! Only Lysa's didn't get mailed out since I don't have an address for her.

Kathy

o

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!

I'm glad to see that someone's already recieved a BDay card from me..I tried to mail them so that they would arrive in time for those with BDays during the first week in Jan. (late BDay gifts aren't as much fun, LOL).

Kathy...the coleus seeds were from a round robin I had joined in October...the package was only marked 'coleus' so I have no clue what color/variety until mine come up this spring....I guess it will be a surprize for both of us! LOL

Chell

o

Here is about me.
I was born and raised on the shores of Eagle Mountain Lake. My youth was spent swimming, water skiing, fishing, horseback riding and playing basketball. DH and I are high school sweethearts. He still takes me on dates even though we have been married for 47 years. We were born on the same day, same year, same county. He is 5 hours older than me.We love to walk through the woods and ride our horses. DH and I live on his family ranch that has been in the family since 1905. We have lots of animals. Cattle, sheep, horses, chickens, geese, guineas, 1 lama, border collies and sheep guard dogs. Lots of deer, bobcats, hawks, owls, and all kinds of critters down by the creek. DH does his own vet work. Sometimes we have to deliver a calf or lamb. We have 1 child, a son who is 45, his wife is 43, their son is 20. They gave us an early Christmas present this year. My son and daughter-in-law told us that they are going to have a baby June 28. We want a girl. Wow! Was Christmas brighter this year for us. So glad they live just down the hill. I am retired from the local elementary school after 31 years. I like cooking, gardening (I never met a flower I didn't like) photography, genealogy, reading (historical European novels), traveling (there are 8 of us who rent a van and travel around) shopping, and talking. I am happiest when my hands are in dirt or a mixing bowl.

You all have a great New Year!

o

Cool love story there, dirtdutchess! It is so fun to learn things we have in common (as in cattle, horses, ckns, geese, lama) Am curious how your garden and poultry fare? What kind of geese do you have? (mine r african, but a couple pilgrim are on my dream list)

o

Happy Birthday Dimples! Hope it is a great day for you! And for everyone else also! Melinda

o

Happy Birthday Dimples! Your card went out today... lol Hope you enjoy it!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

I am so sorry. I have been out of town and checked the forums sights once and forgot this one.

I have my wants updated on my trade page. I love vegetable seeds the most. Beans and tomatoes and cucumbers.

Also, any of your favorite flowers or vegetables...

Kym, I saw that you had my address and put it on the e-mail to everyone. I am sending an e-mail now.

Happy New Year to all...
Andrea

o

Happy Birthday Butterfly Pictures, Images and Photos

Happy Birthday Dorothy, Wishing you a day full of family, friends and flowers !!

( I am sorry to say, my two computers are both down, I should be back full force in a week..UGH !)

o

Thought I would pass along the address to St Jude's in case anyone is interested in ordering cards. They use the recycled cards to make cards for Birthdays, Christmas etc.

St. Judes Ranch for Children
100 St. Judes Street
Boulder City, NV 89005

They are $8 a pack and that includes S&H

You get 10 cards for $8...what a bargain AND you get to help out the kids.

Kim

o

Happy Birthday, Dimples! Have a wonderful day!
From scrapbook

o

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Hope it is a GREAT ONE!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOROTHY!!!!

o

Happy Birthday Dimples, I hope you have great day!!!

Kathy, Parks will be sending a new package of iresine seeds so I can share some more with you when they get here.
They said that on occasion theres a jam and things like this happen. The funny thing is that when I got them in I thought wow, I only get 10 seeds! Then the other day when I was surfing the catalogue and saw I should have gotten 100 seeds. I'm glad I looked again!

No cards for me today....

Lisa

o

Dorothy, Happy Birthday!!!! Hope it's been wonderful!

Lisa, I'd love to get more. It's good they're making good on it! You should get my card in the next few days, postman picked them up this morning.

I received another card today from Bonnie (highalttransplant) Thanks so much for the wonderful note and the Bunny Tail Grass! And as far as info for it, I've been making a collection of Bunny Tail grass for several areas in my gardens as well as my Fairy Garden, so I have info on it and am still interested in more if someone was planning to send some!

Thank you again, Bonnie!!

Kathy

o

Thanks everyone,
I recieved 2 BD cards today!

One from Chell (chellflower) with cute little bee's on it.
A beautiful sticker of a flower bud.
datura-purple and white
mexican bird of paradise
milkweed
yarrow-white

another from Toni (dirtdiggin) a pretty card with flowers.
Purple Foxglove
Yarrow-white
Sweet autumn clematis
wping mix (will have to look this one up)

On the 31st a got a card for Susan (taz56) She brought it to me!
A beautiful card with flowers and a humming bird, Alone with her basket of seeds!
She shared everything that she had that I didn't have!

Thanks for the cards and seeds!
Photobucket
Dorothy

o

lol, I think it's lupine mix hehe my writing can be a bit difficult to read :) hehe good think I wrote down what I sent lol.

Happy B-Day Dorothy :)

o

Dorothy,

Photobucket

o

Can some one cut and paste for me?
I did it the first time,but Kyms computer is down and she lost my info.
I have been tring to remember how to do it, but i am getting VERY frustrated,even after re-reading your help,i am Not computer savy.

Question
#1.no
2.no
3.no
4.yes
Birthday is November 8th
Just1morehosta

Thank you so much,
Carol

o

NP Carol, I will send it to Kym for you.
Really it is easy, just left click with the mouse, highlight, then right click to cut, then right click to choose paste.

Think of it as driving a car, 1 left and 2 rights.
You will get the rest when you practice it...just try practicing here, highlight what you wrote up there for someone to CCP and try to paste it in the message box...You can do it!

In the meantime I have copied your answers and will forward them to Kym.

o

Really it is easy, just left click with the mouse, highlight, then right click to cut, then right click to choose paste.
Think of it as driving a car, 1 left and 2 rights.
You will get the rest when you practice it...just try practicing here, highlight what you wrote up there for someone to CCP and try to paste it in the message box...You can do it!

OK, i tryed it again,lets see if this worked.
Carol

In the meantime I have copied your answers and will forward them to Kym.

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza January

Oh Fran,
Thank you sooooooooooooo much,now, if i can just remember this.
I appreciate your sending that off to Kym for me,i was about to loose my mind,and at my age, there is not a lot left to be loosing,lol
Carol

o

YOU GOT IT!!! WOOOOHOOOOO, and if you are like me you don't have much mind to lose now adays....lol.
All you have to remember is 1 left and two rights...write this down on a sticky note or something and put it near your computer! Put Copy, Cut, Paste instrustions and then you will have it!

:)Fran

o

Hey Toni sorry about that. The L and u was close together.
Looked like a w. My fault I can not read! LOL
Dorothy

o

I wrote the instructions down,yes,on a sticky note,lol
Thank you,
I know some of this computer stuff is pretty basic, so i do appreciate your help,i just am notcomputer savey,BUT, I wanna be.Baby steps.
Carol

o

Carol,
Glad I can help. You should have seen me when I first got my computer. I knew NOTHING about them, had never used on not even turning one on...NOTHING!
I would sit and cry in front of it and scream at it and beat my keyboard. I threatened to throw it out the door...I HATED IT!
I couldn't get it to do anything I really wanted too. I was like a manic trying to get it to work! It was awful, but I read and read and read and my kids helped me a lot too, if it had not been for them and all the reading and practice I put in I prolly wouldn't be using it now...LOL.
They are NOT as easy as ppl say...hehe.
If you need help with anything else just ask. I will try to help.

o

Hi Fran,Hi Carol! I'm kind of in Carols' shoes right now. I know a few basics but I still don't know how to cut and paste either. I laughed when I read how you were when you first started using your computer. I actually was AFRAID of mine! lol Thought if I did something wrong I might see smoke start to come off of the wires... I was a mess. My nephews who are teenagers laughed at me and assured me I couldn't "blow up or set my computer on fire" by simply typing in something wrong or pressing wrong buttons! I felt so dumb but they were so sweet. Kids know so much about computers and electronic gadgets. They grew up with all this stuff so it is a piece of cake to them! Fran I remember crying and yelling at my computer too, telling it "I hate you stupid piece of #%&@! LOL I'm so glad you didn't throw yours out the door... too expensive. I may ask for your help as well. Thanks so much for being there for us!

o

do't feel bad ladies, last year my daughter got "extra credit" for teaching me how to cut and paste...can you believe that?..

o

Hi, i need all addresses for the Jan babies, hope it's ok to be a litle late for dimples! couldn;t find all of the names' want list posted, sorry y'll. Chris. 'll send you an email .chris

o

Happy Birthday, Dorothy. Hope you had a wonderful day, Carol

o

Chris I don't know where Kym is, I will go ahead an email you so you can get those cards addressed and ready to mail Monday :) Fran

o

Did anybody ever get an address for lysa39?
I think Kym is still having computer problems.

o

Sue it is believed that lysa39 maybe one of the ones without power on the west coast, she is supposed to be my swap partner in another swap and we haven't heard anything from her so no one has gotten her address yet.
I hope we hear something from her soon, I hate to think part of our GW family is having some kind of disaster or devastation in their lives. Whatever it is that is keeping her away let's all keep her in our thoughts and prayers for a safe outcome and that whatever it is was nothing major or to worry about.

FINALLY, I sent out today cards for Dorothy, I am so sorry I had to wait to get Birthday cards, and a couple of other Jan. babies today!

o

I recieved two more BD cards todays!!!

Thanks to YI (wind-red) for the beautiful hand made card.
Also sent MoneyPlant silver Dollar and Red Amaryllis.
Thank you so very much!

Thanks to Cindy (alwaysagarden) another beautiful card with hollyhocks on it.
Sent me Blackberry Lily and Chinese Lantern.
The Chinese Lanterns will look great in my new flower bed I plan to start in the spring. With all types of Ornamentals!
Thank you!

Thanks again to both of you!
Dorothy

o

Your welcome Dorothy! I hope you had a wonderful Birthday and have a garden full of gorgeous blooms this coming Spring/Summer!

Cindy

o

Hi Fran, thanks so much for all your help !!

I want to thank you all for being so understanding, not a good time for the computers to have trouble !! and two of them, can ya beleive that ?? I have been checking once a day to make sure everything is ok....Ill be back in a few days.

carol, I have asked Fran to send you the addresses, I have NO info as of right now...it is on the computers. I also havent seen a list from spookycharles, has anyone heard from her ??

I hope all is well with Lysa....

Remember, we can send the cards ALL month, so they can enjoy the month of thier bday !!

Wishing you all well, and I miss being here !

Hugs

Kym

PS I still havent heard from several people !! When I get back I will do a mass email to make sure everyone is still "in" the swap.

o

colcol,
Did you get my e-mail that I sent to you anwering your questions about my geese and chickens? I hope so.

o

yes,dirtduchess, thank you so much! I started a reply then got waylaid by a wild wkend. Couldn't get the pics to downld on my computer tho. off to finish the reply.
Also got my BD cards ready to go in tomorrows mail. :))
I really must get my seeds organized... somehow!

o

I'm having the exact same dilemma... organizing my seeds WHEN they came in would have been SO much easier... now I'm doing mass sorting, labelling for my seed file box, alphabetizing, etc... etc...

I want to be able to quickly find stuff, and over the last 3 months that I've been trading, it's slowly gotten worse and worse... Now, I have a seed monster to attack.

I hope everyone is having a great birthday time this month and getting their wishes! I've got my special birthday stuff to send out, so I'll be ready for quite a few months, if not all year. I feel so much better prepared than I was for the Christmas cards. These may not be homemade, but they are here and ready. ;-)

Blessings,
Angela

o

I received two cards Saturday! My apologies for not posting about them sooner and thanking you, but work has been nuts!

Receive from Yi (wind_red)a lovely handmade card with the words Happy Birthday done in Chinese! How wonderful is that?!Inside were Purple Beauty Bell Pepper and Yolo Wonder Bell Pepper (not a type, I found out!) I can't wait to try these!

The second was from Michelle (micyrey)another lovely handmade card! with hearts! Inside were Amaranthus- red leaves and flowers and Black eyed Susan! These are going to be wonderful in my garden!

Thanks so much to you both! This is going to be a wonderful birthday!

Kathy

o

Morning everyone!
Mailing out 4 cards today.
Lucy sorry your will be alittle late, but its on the way.
Hope everyone gets a whole month of Cards ;)
Dorothy

o

Kym ~ I have lysa39's address from a swap end of last year, should I email it to you? Assuming she hasn't moved of course...Just lemme know if you need it.

Thanks,
Wendy

o

Dimples, girlgardening, spookycharles and jaleeisa...My birthday card to you will be a little late. My seed supply from my last years flowers is pretty pitiful. So I have ordered some seeds for the Birthday seed swap. They should be here in about a week. Just wanted you know that I haven't forgotten you. I have received a package of mixed zinnias and hollyhocks from chellflower. Loved that frog card. jaleeisia sent me Indian Spring hollyhock seeds, giant mixed morning glory seeds and buckshot canna seeds. I have never planted cannas from seeds before. Jaleeisia, how deep do I plant the canna seeds? What color are the flowers? How tall are the cannas? Loved your pretty flower card. Nikkeineel sent me yellow marigolds and heavenly blue morning glory seeds. Nikkineel daughter, Sarah Kate made me a birthday card and made up her own birthday song for me. Thanks Sarah Kate. You are really talented. Thanks again, chellflower, jaleesisia, nikkineel and her daughter. Birthday are fun!

o

Hey Girlgardener!

Photobucket

o

Happy Birthday Lucy (girlsgardener-2007)
Hope you have a wonderful Brithday 1-6
Photobucket
Dorothy

o
RE: UPDATE: Bir thday Seed Extravaganza January

Today I got 6 cards. This is the best Birthday ever!!!

Thanks to Michelle (micyrey) for the beautiful hand made card.
Belamcanda chinensis...got to look this one up, always like new things
Merigolds "simba"
Cleome
Amaryllis "clown"
Amaranthur...Something new looking forward to try it!

Thanks To Fran (ncgardengirl) A card with gifts and balloon.
Columbine "magpie"
Aquilegia "red star"

Thanks to Bonnie (highalttransplant) A pretty cards with flower pots.
Columbine "yellow"
Hey were you a Ga. girl! LOL Once a Ga. girl always a Ga. girl!

Thanks to Sue (suecirish) A card with lots and lots of cute Butterflies!!!
Gerber daisy "royal"
Crimson Clover!!! Yeah!!!

Thanks to Toni (Zinaray)A pretty card with flowers.
Mix Clematis
Datura Lilac Le Fleur
Dailies hybrid
I do not have Toni on my list of 64. Is there an updated list???? I sure do not want to miss anyone!!!

Yes Sarah Kate I love the song you made up!!!!
Also love the card you took the time to make for me.
Your AWSOME!!!
Thanks Sarah Kate and Nikki (nikkineel)
Bells of Ireland
Columbine "bright Purple"

Thank You all for all the wonderful Cards and Seeds.
Some are saying that they are sorry the cards are late.
But that doesn't matter at all. It's great The they are still coming in.
It makes it a truly special month!!!
Thanks again,
Dorothy
Photobucket

o

Good morning all,

I got my first two cards, one was from Jaleesia. It has flowers in vases all over the cover and a lovely handwritten note on the inside,she sent me purple millet,hollyhock,perilla,fried eggs. THANK YOU KATHY!!

The second was from nikkineel, it had a brand new package of chocolate daisy from T&M seeds. I can't wait to grow theses! I have to say though, the best part was the beautiful card!!! It was made by Sarah Kate and had a birthday wish,cake,candles and all!
THANK YOU SARAH KATE AND NIKKI!

I just love mailboxing!

Lisa

o

Happy Birthday Lucy!!

Patricia, the buckshot canna usually a little smaller than most cannas. It gets to about 3 ft tall and has smaller blooms than most cannas and it's red. The leaves are green. You'll need to scarify those and soak them in water or a water/peroxide mix for about 24 hours unless you wintersow them. Wintersowing helps not need to scarify and soak because Mother Nature takes care of that by freezing and thawing and that loosens the "shell". I sowed mine about 1/4-1/2 inch deep. I just usually sow to a depth of about 2x the size of the seed as a rule of thumb except with really small seed which I just lightly press in. If you wintersow in pots or start it inside, I'd do the wintersow sometime about the early part of February and if inside you can do it now, but make sure you're allowing room for the seedlings to grow and you harden them off before planting out.

An interesting fact about these canna- the seed were used in Indian jewelry as spacers between smaller seeds. Seed and bone were used for jewelry well before they had access to beads. The seed was bored for jewelry making before the seed became ripe and hard. Then it was allowed to continue to ripen until it became the glossy black when ripe. It's also rumored that these seed were used in muskets during the war when lead(and hence ammunition) was in short supply. I think it's possible, and a few "scientists" have tested it and it can leave deep holes in 1/4 inch plywood when fired from a shotgun at 10 feet(they packed a shotgun shell with the seeds) and the seeds came out and seemed to not be damaged at all! I wouldn't recommend trying this, surely it would damage the barrel.

Hope you enjoy them!

I'm glad my cards are arriving! Lisa, you are very welcome! Has anyone heard anything from spookycharles? I was wondering if that card had arrived. And if someone could share lysa's address, I'd like to send her card out as well. I'm not sure what's going on with her and hope all is well and am keeping her in my prayers, but no matter what's happening, surely getting a birthday card with seeds can only make it better :)

Kathy

o

Kathy,

I sent a card to spookycharles and girlgardener, it was mailed the same day as yours. I hope they are okay.

Lisa

o

Dorothy, you're close! I grew up in Tennessee, but you could walk to the Mississippi stateline from our house. That's the nice thing about the internet ... no one spotted my southern accent, LOL!

Bonnie

o

I also need lysa's addy!

o

Bonnie,
Come on being from the south you should know southern girls DO NOT have accents!!!
Everyone else does!!! LOL
Bye Ya'll!
Dorothy

o

Happy Birthday girlsgardener_2007!! I hope it is a wonderful day for you!
January Birthdays-I am behind as usual, but I haven't forgotten you!
Melinda

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

girlsgardener_2007
HOPE IT IS A
GREAT DAY
FOR YOU!!!

o

Hello everyone,

I got two more cards today!! I'm like a two y/o right now!

The first was from suecirich, it has butterflies and lady bugs on it. It's really colorful and adorable! It had scarlet flax seeds and dames rocket. THANK YOU SUE! I love them both.

The other card was from Miceyrey, it's so cute! I think that she made it herself! It has a flower basket with flowers and leaves with butterflies. She sent me a 6 foot tall amaranthus with red plumes,looks pretty!verbana hastata,purple bee balm and last but not least brugmansia seeds! I looked them up and I believe they are pink with a green throat, my mom will love these!!!! If I can get them going maybe I can have some too! THANK YOU MICYREY.

Does anyone have a few tips on germinating the brugmansia seeds? I would love to get them going so I can give them to my mom around mothers day.

This is so much fun!
Lisa

o

Thanks NCgardengirl! Micyrey thanks for the nice card and seeds you send. Again thanks very much.
girlgardener_2007

o

Hey! Ima back!
Now that i am not sick ima get back to trading! Happy Birthday to every1 that was born in January!! i cant wait till my BDAY! Sadly its in June, the 28th but i am 99% positive i wont be in the country starting in mid june to mid august i going on vacation woot!! So i wont be able to recieve seeds...I wish i could move my b-day...

Kamil

o

HAPPY BIRTH DAY ALL YOU JANUARY GARDEN BUDDYS

and hello to everyone else. Just sat and did my Jan. cards a little late on some sorry. I'll get better. (ya right I'm a bad procrastinator- hate going to bank - hate getting gas etc. Sounds like you've gotten some good stuff so far. I started my WS last week. It is relaxing got about 20 done so far. Lot's more to do w/ all that mailboxing I did last month! lol

Take care-Annette

o

Happy Birtday girlsgardener_2007!

o

Happy Birthday girlsgardener_2007!!!!! :-) I hope you have had a wonderful day!

Dimples I emailed you lysa39's addy. plmk if you didn't get it. I'mma GA gal too, glad to see some other southern twang in here! lol

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Happy birthday gg! I hope you've had a wonderful day! I'm happy to hear that some of my envelopes have found their homes! Happy gardening! Nikki

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday Seed E xtravaganza January

Hey Wendy,
I got it, Thanks a lot.
Looks like we have a few peaches and the group! LOL
Dorothy

o

Kamil - I sure don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but I'm assuming if December babies can move to June, if they want, that you could move up one month and receive before your actual birth month since you won't be in the country that month.

It sounds like you're going to have an awesome birthday/vacation time this summer, huh? :-D

If I'm wrong, Kym, please let me know. Fran, do you think I'm pretty close to hitting the nail on the head on this one?

Blessings,
Angela

o

I was thinking we could send to him the first part of June BEFORE he leaves...that would work too.

He won't be able to plant anyway since he is going on vacation.

I hope Kym gets back SOON!!!!

o

This thread is now full, please, follow the link below to continue with Birthday swap discussions for January!

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Birthday Seed Extravaganza January #2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here