Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap (thank you' sand games) 2

flwrs4ever
10 years ago

Use this thread to post your thank you..and play games !

Many thanks to you all for sharing in the SPIRIT of Christmas !

Comments (151)

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Kim/Plant one on me, Good news about your sister!

Jayeanne, Thanks for the Cleome, Coral Nymph Salvia and Whopper Lighthouse Salvia seeds! Love your labels too, how did you do them?

Katie, I, and the Black Swallowtail cats, thank you for the Bronze fennel seeds! BF works better for me than dill, for attracting the BSs, and it's a perennial! And the scent is great too! Thanks!

Shirley!

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

Receiving seeds in the mail is like opening Christmas presents to me ..

I want to give many thanks to Jayeanne(pinkiris) for the Christmas card (2nd of the season) candlestick and passion vine seeds!

Many thanks to Sheri (Panhandle_seeds_swap) for the Lime Basil! Smells so good. And for the card! (3rd card)

Many thanks to Margo (smitties) for the Rue and my 4th Christmas card!

The butterflies and others will really enjoy everything that was sent!
    I have new properties to plant all the seeds on for these guys! (And gals)

Thank you!

• l1oness
    10 years ago

I danced happily from my mailbox today with cards! Thank you all for being so generous.

I received a cute snow scene card from Jasmine (jas_il) with Petunia, buttercrunch lettuce, and Italian basil. I look forward to making a container with some of those!

I received a cute hand stamped card with lots of snowflakes from Kim (Plant-one-on-me) with mammoth dill and round zucchini - great for yummy pickles and zucchini lasagna in the summer.

I also got that beautiful homemade card from Lorabell. I love that poem! The seed packet was so cute, and I can't wait to try the Black Russian Kale, Corbaci and Golden Treasure Peppers, and the Lime Sorbet and Barlow columbine.

My garden is going to be great in 2014! Thank you all for being so generous - I hope everyone's seeds come through the mail safely!

Mandy

• vajeff
    10 years ago

Finally getting the chance to sit down and write about these fantastic cards!

From panhandle_seed_swap, I received an adorable card of forest animals decorating trees. If only we had animals like that around here, putting up the tree would be a breeze! Inside were seeds of Lauren's Grape poppies from Botanical Interests (which I'm now browsing - I like this site!). These will fit in great with the colors of poppies I have so far.Thank you, and happy gardening to you too!

Pinkiris sent a card of Santa placing presents under a tree. It read, "Hoping that you are at the top of Santa's list." You're not the only one hoping that! Inside were red poppy seeds and Sunrise Serenade morning glory seeds; these are going to be great next year! Thank you and happy gardening!

A festive holly and Happy Holidays card arrived from dem_pa. Inside were seeds of Will Rodgers zinnia, which I am very much looking forward to the striking red flowers. Also included were seeds of calendula (woo, I've wished for these for two years), horehound, which I wasn't expecting to receive this year, and peony poppies. Thank you and merry Christmas to you!

Thank you for the great cards and gifts!

Jeff

• smitties
    10 years ago

Received a pretty sparkly card from Katie today and it contained green milkweed and rattlesnake master. I am excited to see these in my garden next summer.

I also received a cute handmade card from Lorabell that contained several types of jalapeno peppers, a mild pepper shishito, and anise hyssop. I had such a success with a jalapeno pepper plant this year that I am excited to add all these to my garden.

Thanks to both of you. Margo

• smitties
    10 years ago

I must apologize to the following people. I posted that I received their cards and listed the seeds the cards contained. I must not have hit the submit after previewing the message because I just looked all over for that post and cannot find it. I can't list the seeds anymore to who gave them to me because they are all now in an envelope titled, Secret Santa swap.

My humble apologies to
    Panhandle_seed_swap
    Dempa
    Vina
    pinkiris
    nottougly
    Mandy

I do know I loved every type of seed I received and am looking forward to gardening in the spring. Margo

• jhgarden9
    10 years ago

Wow! Love the seeds I'm receiving.

Pinkivis -- A warm card from her and inside I found green eggplant, hosta, Genovese basil, and butterfly bush. Can't wait to grow all of them and have a butterfly garden. I was surprised with the green eggplant. Look so cute.

l1oness -- A card with lovely penguins singing carols in the snow. Inside it are Blue Spice Basil, Mehmet's Turkish sweet pepper, and Bishop's Crown peppers. I love the basil and I love the peppers. They're just what I wanted.

Lorabell -- A lovely handmade card with a cute poem and Shishito, Corbaci, and Soroksari peppers, Ping Tong Eggplant, and Red Russian Kale.

I've been looking for Shishito for some time. Really glad to receive it. Corbaci and Soroksari are the peppers I didn't know existed. I looked them up, they look so cute. Sweet peppers, I just love them.

Love all the seeds. Thank you all.

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I received more cards.

From LauraZone5. A beautiful Christmas card with Light purple hollyhock seeds inside. Thanks so much.

From kchd. Another beautiful Christmas card with Ceaser's Brother's Siberian iris seeds inside. Thanks so much.

From cgnpnd. A Santa card with radish, black-seeded Simpson lettuce seeds, and two kinds of tropical and swamp milkweed seeds inside. Thanks for everything.

From Lorabell. A homemade card with lettuce, red Romaine, Black cabbage, Anise hyssop agastache seeds inside. Thanks for everything. It was greatly appreciated.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I mailed some cards this past Monday from the post office that some people haven't received yet. I wrote "Nonmachinable" on the envelopes and paid the extra postage, but they haven't arrived yet. Everything else is arriving FAST! Thanks again for all of the wonderful "Thank You" posts. I love reading about everyone's excitement.

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 7:47

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

I went to the mailbox looking for my swallowtail garden package and found two lovely xmas cards instead..

nottougly sent me alyssum seeds, Thank you Faye! I planted these last year or the first time and loved them!!

Dem-pa sent me gomphrena, petunias and sweet sultan seeds.Thanks so much Don. I will be planting all 3 this year.

I have to say that this year, I am a bit envious of the people that are getting lots of cards. It is not for the seed like one would think though. My niece made adorable ball shaped decorations out of last years xmas cards. They are adorable!

I plan on making them out of the cards I get in the swap this year. They will look great hanging in my opening and the smaller cards on my tree,

Anyone interested in them, there is a how to on Marthastewart.com>holidays.

Lisa
    Check out the good wish tree too!

My cards flew the coupe, Happy mailboxing!

• primrose1x3
    10 years ago

Thank you Sheri/Panhandle_Seed_Swap - loved the cute critter pantheon wreathed among the greens on the card and have some stone walls baking in the sun that will be perfect for the creeping thyme. The fragrance from those seeds really lifted my spirits on this gray, "winter-advisory" day :)

Received another fragrant card with a different, upright kind of thyme - Thymus vulgaris - from JayeAnne/PinkIris, and this is also perfect for a sun-drenched patch over-run by deer. We've been successful so far with some plants in that spot, but need to fill it out a bit. Thank you PinkIris :) ps - also loved the good-humored, glad-to-see-you expression on the snow families faces.

Audrey smuggled a cutting of a scented geranium in her card to me and for two days it's been in a seed-starting medium in a styrofoam cup with a large recycled transparent soft-drink cup inverted over it. It looks great! There's a new, healthy leaf emerging from the 1st node below the top. Well, I love scented geraniums, but just the thrill of trying to outsmart those machine rollers at the post office has its merits too. Audrey also sent seeds of 2 species of globularia to help me outsmart deer & other critters, plus browallia seeds with which I hope to outsmart a monster silver maple hogging the light out back. Thank you Audrey, and for the winter rose carol so poignantly illustrated by a blood-red rose blooming among snow and ice.

Lisa, thank you for that link - looks like fun

• kchd
    10 years ago

I received a delightful card from pinkiris/ Jayeanne on Thursday! Milkweed, tomato, and pumpkin seeds, YUM. I'm especially intrigued by the pumpkin. Can't wait for next years garden. Thanks, darlin'!

I'm out of town til next Tuesday, so I'll revisit then.

Happy Holidays to all!

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I got the funniest card from cghpnd.

Bulldogs in a chorus line, singing Jingle Bulls.

it included millkweed (swamp and common ) and Jalepino Pepper seeds.

Thank you so much, it made me laugh on this dreary day in GA.

MIssy

• patrob
    10 years ago

Five cards in my mailbox yesterday! We were gone all day for out-of-town doctor's appointments, so opening cards and admiring seeds was a pleasant way to end the day.

Thank you, Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap) for the shiny Santa's sleigh card and the cute owl tree ornament along with so many seeds from my wish list: Red Boy bachelor's buttons, Firecracker Penstemon, Sheepnose pimiento, Tolli's Sweet Italian pepper, and Pink Senorita zinnias. Our mail comes through Dallas, and I imagine all the ice last week slowed it down. It's here safe and sound, and I do love all the seeds you sent. Wish we were neighbors too!

Kaite (kchd), what a beautiful sparkly card with a little bird and wreath of pine and holly. I'm delighted with the packet of Senorita zinna seeds too! Thank you so much. And you've made me think of the birds too. I need to fill the feeders!

Don (dem-pa), your cheerful green card with candy canes really looks like Christmas! I'm so happy with the seeds you sent too: rose pink peony poppies, Will Rogers zinnias, and Salvia transylvanica. Thank you!

Thank you, Jayeanne (pinkiris) for the cute reindeer card! Such nice seed choices too: Tango Agastache, Cimarron lettuce, Cherry Brandy rudbeckia, and Mini Red Turban squash. I'll enjoy growing all of these!

Lorabell, I love your card and agree that I just want Santa to bring me "seeds to sow"! I'm delighted to receive seeds for mini Bibb lettuce, anise hyssop, and Sunny Yellow coneflower. I love them all!

• Michelle Reynolds
    10 years ago

hi
    I got 2 more cards today

from katie( my kittys name) kchd I got mustard greens, we need these for my sons lizzards.

from margo/smitties I got a trio of coriopsis, baby sun, plains and sunray. me and the butterflys say thanks.

michelle

• dirtdaddy
    10 years ago

Many more thanks!

Jessica, thanks for the turnips and the lemon mint. Our lemon mint didn't make through the hot dry weather .

Pinkiris- thanks soo much for the marigolds and chives, can always use those!

Jas-il,thanks very much for the basil, chives, fennel and curly mustards. I must expand the herb garden!

Finally got all my holiday mail out today! wooooooooo,peace, dd.

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Lorabell.... thank you so much for the beautiful handmade card! It reads... Dear Santa, dont bring me candy or hang mistletoe just stuff my stocking with seeds to sow..... Just love it! many thanks for the wonderful selection of peppers! wow! hot fish, corbaci, aji yellow and the ornamental black sunflowers! YAY! Please come soon spring! LOL Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas & many blessings for the New Year =)

• Ruby_Dog
    10 years ago

Katie (kchd) sent me a lovely red wreath card and obedient plant seeds. Thank you, I've wanted to try these for a long time! The bees thank you too.

Snowing here again but not sticking as much...like it better that way! Still a week before I mail my cards and I'm getting antsy.

Be safe everyone in the bad weather.

Betsy

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

ishareflowers... I think I found the link you mentioned above. I love the garland idea. I might try that! I posted the link below. You should be getting a card from me, soon. I mailed it on Monday.

Here is a link that might be useful: Martha Stewart Recycled Christmas Cards

• detroitgirl77
    10 years ago

I received 3 cards today.

First was from Katie/kchd. A lovely red holiday wishes card with lemon bee balm. I love how this smells(we sold it at my work this past summer and I didn't get any) and can't wait to grow it.

I received a nice computer printed card on a shiny silverish paper from Laura(lorbell) Included was Quinoa, cherry vanilla; Anise Hyssop(favorite purple flower for my daughter) and Inca Red Drop hot pepper.

Received a happy holidays card from Margo(Smitties). She sent german chamomile, lemon verbana and california wonder orange bell pepper.

Thanks so much!!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

Katie/kchd...thank you for the Arizona Sun Gaillardia seed! I love gaillardia and this will be fun to try!
    The USPS tried to smash it, but your bubble wrap saved the seeds. Maybe disgruntled elves get to stomp on mail in some districts! Sometimes I wonder! They arrived safe, though! What a lovely card with a wreath and yellow bird.
    Heidi

• katkni
    10 years ago

Wow I love reading all the messages but can't keep up! I do want to thank Smitties for the pretty silver snowflake card, and the Will Rogers zinnia seeds. These will be gorgeous!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Silver bells
    ornaments
    icicles
    Jack in the box

• jimryder
    10 years ago

Lorabell, thank you for the cute card and anise hyssop I received today. All the bees will love it!
    Tonya

• nikkineel
    10 years ago

I also got the cutest card from Lorabell with the cute poem. Thanks so much for ALL of the seeds. Sarah Kate confiscated the card so I can't put my hands on them to list the seeds but I will as soon as she gives it back lol. There was even a separate packet for the seeds. It was obvious you put a lot of heart into this swap. Merry Christmas to you!!!

• gmom2-6boys
    10 years ago

I would like to say "Thank You" to the following. Santa has been so nice to me this year.
    Pinkiris sent Ginger Bread House card with Lettuce & Cosmos-Sea Shells.
    Nottougly sent Potted Poinsetta card with White Coneflower seeds.
    Dem-pa sent Holiday Sleigh card with Roma Tomato, Black Pearl & Masqurade Oranmental and Black Holly Hock. Thanks to everybody & Merry Christmas.
    gmom
    Sharon

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Thank You Jayeanne (pinkiris) for the Christmas card and Thyme and 'Heart Attack' Dianthus seeds. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Shirley

• plant-one-on-me
    10 years ago

Thank you Jessica, ForeverRecycleReuse, for the purple top white glove turnips and graveyard cantaloupe. I cannot wait to try these this year. Kim

• jhgarden9
    10 years ago

Squealing with joy when receiving the envelopes from:

Don (dem_pa) -- he sent a warm Christmas card with baby Jesus. In the package there are many beans, some are even heirloom: Anasazi, Blue Lake, Cherokee Trail of Tears, Kentucky Wonder, and Royal Burgundy. Yummy! Anasazi is cute bean with red and white colors. Love them all.

He also sent me black pearl and masquerade peppers. Love all the beans and peppers. Thank you, Don!

Katie (kchd) -- She sent me a beautiful glitter card with lots of Florida Broadleaf mustard. Nutritious. I love it. My family will all be healthier next year. Thank you, Katie!

• WonderWeasel
    10 years ago

I received two more cards in the past two days; one from Jayeanne (pinkiris), who sent me 'Lemon Drop' and 'Lydia Paprika' pepper seeds, and one from David (DirtDaddy), who sent me 'Inca Red Drop', 'Mavi Purple', 'Datil', 'Thai Bird', 'Purple Jalapeno', and 'Jimmy Nardello' pepper seeds, as well as 'Caveman's Club' gourd, curry plant, and 'Black Krim' tomato seeds. In addition to all of that, he also sent a very nice Christmas tree ornament. Thank you both so much! It's reassuring to know there are still people who enjoy taking a little of their time to not only think about, but also do something nice for a complete stranger.

--Jordan

p.s. To my fellow Kansan David, Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

This post was edited by WonderWeasel on Sun, Dec 15, 13 at 5:12

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I have been gone for a few days and I am embarrassed to say that I left a couple of cards at my neighbor's who collected my mail. As soon as I pick them up I will post about them.

Yesterday I received a beautiful card from Vina flowergirl34 with a photograph of her own gorgeous Iris's. Stunning! She included seeds for Partridge Pea. Thank you Vina!
    Alana

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Just opened my mail from yesterday......

I received mail from two lovely elves, Jayeanne and Lorabell....so much FUN!!.

Jayeanne (pinkiris) sent a very pretty Merry Christmas card with happy gardening wishes. And yes, there were seeds....
    *Moonflower
    *Pepper Chil Early Jalapeno
    *Rainbow Blend Coleus
    *Snapdragon Tall Maximum Blend
    *Snapdragon Cinderella Mix
    Fantastic selection Jayeanne! Thank you so very much! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

And then there is Lorabell.....I love your card!!!! And your little poem about stuffing the stocking with seeds to sow...darling! And the special envelope you put the seeds in....which says, "May Christmas Be EverGreen In Your Hearts".......Did you make these?????? And then there were seeds.......
    *Moonflowers
    *Bell Pepper Sweet Melrose
    *Jalapeno Garden Salsa
    *and Lorabells favorite flower, Anise Hyssop Agastache
    Lorabell, what a delight! Thank you so much! Merry Christmas!

I so enjoy reading everyones happy and spirited comments!! So much JOY is in the air. Thanks always to Santa Kym!!!!

Happy Sunday! Merry Christmas to all!!!

Annie

• yotetrapper
    10 years ago

Geez I'm already getting them mixed up.

I got three new cards this week, smitties who sent me pickling cucumbers, dem_pa who sent me an assorted of a bunch of cool beans and some flowers, and Pan_Handle_Seed swap who sent me flowers and White Christmas Lima beans!

Thanks very much for all of the cards and seeds. This is a not too great holiday season for me, and the cards sure do help to brighten it up some!

• lexiegurl09
    10 years ago

Hi everyone. I have sooo much catching up to do. I received my first cards in the mail on Friday and have several people to thank.

Thank you Lorabell for the cute card and ping tong eggplant, sweet cayenne pepper, melrose pepper, and chimayo pepper seeds. I am going to have to look these up as I have never heard of any of them. Thank you!

Thank you Sheri (Panhandle-Seed-Swap) for the pretty card and tularosa market melon seeds. It sounds like a fantastic cantaloupe and I can't wait to try it next year!

Thank you Jayeanne (pinkiris) for the cute snowman card and chantenay carrot, green eggplant, white icicle radish, and mixed tomato seeds! I can plant the carrots and radishes in the next couple weeks to harvest in Jan-march! Thank you!

Thank you Mandy (l1oness) for the cute sleigh and present card with crimson sweet watermelon, zolotoy tomato, and cherry belle radish seeds. I have never heard of zolotoy tomato before, will have to look that one up. Thank you!

Thank you Don (dem_pa)! What a package! An adorable card with lots of goodies inside. Black beauty eggplant, muncher burpless cucumber, pepino muncher cucumber, hutterite bush bean, royal burgundy bean, blue lake pole bean, champion collards, Cherokee trail of tears bean, Kentucky wonder pole beans, Anasazi bean (they look really neat), kidney beans, Gerry's round Dutch cabbage, and Long Island Brussels sprout seeds! Thank you so much! I will be starting some of the greens here in a week or two!

I appreciate everyone's generosity! I was supposed to mail my seeds out yesterday, but my aunts house got damaged in a fire, so I am behind on getting my seeds together. I am hoping to have them in the mail tomorrow. Thanks again everyone!

Dawn

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago

sending
    Reindeer
    North Pole
    Fruitcake

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I received several more cards.

From Panhandle_seed_swap. A winter scene Christmas card with white icicle radish seeds in it.

From smitties. A Black-capped chickadee Christmas card with carrot Parisienne seeds in it.

From jas_il. An old-fashioned sleigh horse winter scene Christmas card with lettuce butter crunch, Amaranthus red edible, petunia- rainmaster white, and rudbeckia- yellow bloom seeds in it.

Thanks so much to all of you.

• clipclop
    10 years ago

nottougly thanks for the beautiful card and the money plant seed love to have them in dried arrangements

lorabell your hand made card is beautiful andi cannot wait to try the black paul robeson tomato and sunflowers and zinnias are always a winner with me

pink iris the zinnias, sparkler cleome and neon sedum make me wish for spring so I can get busy planting

• clipclop
    10 years ago

DEM-PA You were so generous! Thanks so much for adopting me. I will enjoy the butterflies enjoying the milkweed and the zinnias,Hibiscus,petunias,roma tomatoes and basil seed are much appreciated.
    Merry Christmas Don to you and yours!!

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Praise Be! After a whole freakin' frigid week, most of the snow and (more importantly) ice is largely gone from `round these here parts! Thank God we have a 4X4 or we wouldn't have been able to go anywhere at all. Even so, it's been kinda dicey at times,...especially around Elly's mom's neck o' th' woods, since we've been going out there (just Elly, lately) to feed-n-water the geese and cats. See, El's sister, who co-habits with Mom and ordinarily takes care of her, etc., went and (actually, rather stupidly) sprained her ankle,...twice, same ankle. Bottom line: Life is seldom dull around here these daze. ...I miss dull... --sigh-- :)

Aaaaanyway,...more importantly,...

Over The past 4 days I have received a number of wonderful cards-n-seeds I simply must acknowledge before packin'-it-off to bed...

From nottougly: A kewl Santa-down-the-chimbley card with a whole buncha "Pink
    Columbine" seeds. Rippin' fab! You know I have kinduva thing for Columbine, right?! Thank you so much! :)

From pinkiris: An extremely festive, snowy card featuring Cardinal birds, filled with a grand, gourmet assortment of red lettuce seeds (from my wish list). Love it, love it, LOVE it! Can't wait to grow those bad boys (aaand, ultimately, eat`em, of course)! ;)

From kchd: A bright, shiny gold-n-red "Holiday Wishes" card with eggplant, "Black Beauty", Okra, "Clemson Spineless" and "Tabasco Pepper" seeds. Great stuff fer shur;...oh boy, Tabasco! - Thank you so very much, Katie, and for your special, personal note! :)

From dem_pa: Love that snowman card, bud! Thanks so much, and even more for the "Anaheim Chili Pepper", "Peony Poppy", and "Thai Hot" pepper seeds! "Peppers-n-poppies",...hmmm,...y'know, that could've been a great name for a `60's or early `70's folk group or rock band, LOL! Thanks bunches for your festive generosity, Don! :)

From ForeverRecycleReuse: A really cute Santa-and-pup-dog card (where each has a gift for the other), stuffed with hot pepper seeds;..."Red Hot Hawaiian" and "Aji Cristal", neither of which have I ever tried before. I am totally
    thrilled with these!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

• roper2008
    10 years ago

Thank you Judy (jhgarden9) for the 2 shades of pink
    cosmo's (I can picture them in my garden now), white
    eggplant and cucumberâ¦Merry Christmas

• ruthz
    10 years ago

More cards over the weekend.

Jayeanne (pinkiris) sent a very pretty snowman card with
    Caballero hot pepper seeds

Lorabell sent two of her favorite pepper seeds and how she uses them. And her awesome homemade card and envelope. Loved it !!!
    Inca Red Drop pepper seeds
    Rain Tree pepper seeds

Can't wait to try them.
    Thank you ladies so much for sharing.
    Wishing you all a Merry Christmas

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

4 more cards today.

From roper2008 a chickadee on a branch of red berries Christmas card. Inside the card, triple yellow datura, cosmos redcrest, cimmaron lettuce, and Cincinati market radish seeds.

From l1oness, a twinkle, twinkle Christmas card. Inside the card were seeds for lettuce blend, Siberian iris, portulaca, Angel's trumpet datura.

From ForeverRecycleReuse, a Santa Christmas card. Inside were seeds for Ruby Queen beets and Danver carrots.

From ruthz, a winter scene with horses and church Christmas card. Inside the card were seeds for cosmos "Solar Flare", cosmos white, and lettuce.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your seeds. They are all appreciated.

• redthreaddiy
    10 years ago

I have to give a huge thank you to these wonderful people!

Lorabell sent 6 different peppers: Puya, Chocolate Habanero Red Fatali, Pritamin, Calabrese and Thai Long Sweet. These are an amazing addition to the peppers that I grow every year - we grow over 200 varieties and surprisingly,, don't have these yet! Absolutely can't wait, thank you!!!

Plant-one-on-me sent Harden's Miniature tomato (freaking awesome - have never heard of it before and I LOVE tomatoes!) and Jordan pumpkins for our short season here in Michigan. She also sent me something I have been looking for, for a long time. GLASS GEM CORN! The kernels were so beautiful, absolutely stunning. I literally had to call my husband to tell him about it. Thank you SO much!!!

• jas_il
    10 years ago

Two more cards for me: So glad to get these cards and seeds in the mail.

foreverRecycleReuse - sent me nice santa with puppy card with Cucumber North Carolina and Eggplant seeds. Love eggplant and cucumber and grow them every year. Can't wait to try these. Thanks a lot

Smitties (margo), sent me pretty pinocue nose snowman card with Cucumber beit alpha seeds. I love cucumbers and it is new for me so can't wait for spring to try it. Thanks a lot.

• debby_1
    10 years ago

Hi all,

I'm behind again. I've got 2 days worth of cards to list.

From foreverrecyclereuse I received round cantaulope,Broccoli and Grand Rapids lettuce.

jas.il sent poppies, chives and Buttercrunch lettuce.

Panhandle_seed_swap sent a huge package of foxgloves, I would love to plant each one of them. Tularosa Market melon.

Dirt Daddy sent a mother lode. There's moneymaker tomato, White lisbon onion, marigold mix, lettuce mix, Super beefsteak tomato, evergreen long white bunching onion, gourmet blend lettuce, bibb lettuce, Aunt Gertie's gold tomato, German Johnson tomato, Abe Lincoln tomato, and Rutgers tomato.

Nikkineel sent a wonderful card with a snowman. I received Castor beans, echinacea cheyenne spirit, Cannibals tomato and zinnia swirls.

jhgarden9 sent marigolds, Korean melon, and cucumbers.

smitties sent sea holly and sombrero echinacia.

and last but not least, roper 2008 sent red barn tomato, pink poppy and red and yellow speckled marigold.

All I can say is WOW. To each and every one, thank you very much.

Debby

• redthreaddiy
    10 years ago

Thank you to sji1981 for the chives, yellow pear tomatoes, and the buttercrunch lettuce!

Thank you to ForeverRecycleReuse for the Grand Rapids lettuce and the Jack-O-Lantern pumpkins!

Roper2008 sent a HUGE package with loads of seeds that I appreciate greatly! She included: Country Gentleman, Cherokee White Eagle, and Silver Queen corn, Bushel,Luffa and Snake gourds, Ananas D'Amerique A Chair Verte melons, Romano Pole Beans, Big Beef Hybrid tomatoes, Coreopsis 'Majogany Midget', and Legacy peppers! WOW! Thank you very much! These are all going to be an excellent addition to the garden next year!

It is so fun to open all of these cards!

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

I received 2 cards today!
    Got a cute handmade snowflake card from nikkineel and Sarah Kate :) Inside were Sweet Pea Rosea and Corkscrew vine seeds. Love them both very much, Thank you!
    Also an adorable Joy to the World card from Sharon(gmom2-6boys). Inside were seeds for Brandywine tomato and French Lavender. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas to you both and thank you for sharing with me :)

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I received a sweet card depicting children playing in the snow with white Zinnia seeds inside from someone. The postmark is Ohio, but the card is not signed and there is no return address. White Zinnias are my favorites so thank you! Please identify yourself, lol.

I also received a National Wildlife Federation card from ruthz with more great seeds; Asarina erubescens and Purple Majesty Millet. Thank you Ruth! I love them both.

And from Jayeanne I have a pretty wreath card with a colorful commercial packet of Pinwheel Zinnias. I love these bright and cheerful Zinnias and they will definitely be sown. Thank you!
    Alana

• plant-one-on-me
    10 years ago

Another card found its way to my mailbox today!

Thank you Sharon/gmom2-6boys for the gourmet lettuce mix. I will be eating good this spring. Kim

• l1oness
    10 years ago

I received more cards today. It's so fun checking the mail this time of the year!

I received a wreath card with Spanish lavender, basil, and sweet cherry pepper seeds from Judy (jhgarden9). Thank you! I look forward to trying those peppers!

From Jessica (foreverrecyclereuse), I received a cute Santa card with a puppy. So sweet! Inside were danvers carrots, National pickling cucumber, and malabar spinach - I tried the spinach last year, but hadn't gotten any seed for this year. Thank you!

Linda (Roper2008) sent me a pretty cardinal card with snow and lights. Inside I found cimmaron lettuce, suyo long cucumber, rooster spur hot pepper, and tumbling tom yellow tomato - thank you! I tried to grow tumbling tom last year but my seeds never germinated, I'm looking forward to having it in a planter this year.

Thank you,
    Mandy (l1oness)