Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap (thank you' sand games) 2

Posted by flwrs4ever (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 9, 13 at 17:36

Use this thread to post your thank you..and play games !

Many thanks to you all for sharing in the SPIRIT of Christmas !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap (thank you' sand games) 2

Thank you, Michelle (micyrey) for the beautiful blue embossed Chirstmas card and packets of two types of tomato (provenzano Tatiana's tomato base and T&M's Rambling red stripe) seeds. Can't wait to try them. Thank you so much.

o

Thanks to micyrey for the beautiful Red embossed Christmas card and the pack of Blanket Flower. I will get them planted for winter sowing so I'll have some new flowers. Thanks so Much. gmom

o
Correction !!

**************Please please please read !!!! **********

Address correction !! Ishareflowers zip code is 01876

If you have a card for her, PLEASE correct the zip code, thanks !

o

Micyrey I love the embossed card and the seeds. Thank you so much. They were a great boost this week when I got them in the mail and I was sick. Maybe they're my good luck medicine!
Heidi

o

Many thanks to Panhandle_Seed_Swap for the Giant Sungold sunflower seeds! I see that Sungold is one of the double types of which I am particularly fond, so the seeds really brightened up my day.

o

Thank you Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap) for the beautiful card and the Tollis Sweet Italian Pepper seed. I look forward to trying it next summer!

Mandy

o

You've been busy Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap). I did the seed dance around the living room as I imagined scarlet flax growing in my spring garden. Oh I'm so excited! Wish you could see my smile!
Heidi

o

Duplicate post in error. Sorry! Mandy

This post was edited by l1oness on Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 13:57

o

I got a cute forest animals card today from Sheri(Panhandle_Seed_Swap) with wonderberry seeds. Thank you!!

o

Received my first card today from Sheri (Panhandle_seed_swap) Cute card with decorated flip flops and inside were Friariello Di Napoli sweet pepper seeds and Beaver Dam Hot pepper seeds! Very thoughtful of you! Merry Christmas! Can't wait to start these very soon :) ~Christine

o

Thanks Sheri Panhandle_seed_swap. I got my first card from you. I know I will enjoy those squash next summer!

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 16:45

I, too, got my first card from Sheri, a Sylvester and Tweety Christmas card and a pack of Marigolds - Kliamanjaro Whites. Thanks, Shari, can't wait to see what these look like!
Shirley!

o

Quick question: It's been a while since I've participated. What is the quickest method for shipping and keeping seeds safe? About how much does it cost per envy? Thanks!

o

Panhandle_Seed_Swap sent a pretty card with beautiful Lauren's Grape P. somniferum seed.
Thank you very much Sheri!
Alana

o

I also got a great card from Sheri! And it had red Russian kale!! Thank you so very much! Made my day!
Melinda

o

I've had the best time "playing Santa". I mailed the cards over a period of 4 days. There was only one "wish list" that I had to improvise on, but I think she'll like my choice. Thank you for all the sweet "thank you" posts!

o
bingo words

Angels
Camel
Sled
Walnut

o

Thank you to panhandle_seed_swap for the awesome Tolli's Sweet Italian Pepper seeds! They are a variety that I haven't tried yet so I am very excited! Thank you!

o
update info

I have Bingo cards for ...
Audrey
VAJeff
Jhgarden9
canyonwind
foreverrecyclereuse
ilovefarac
lorabell
detriotgirl77
dem_pa
katkni
jas_il
SusieQsie
dirtdaddy
nikkineel
missyGA64
ptrob
socalgardengal
l!oness
ruthz
pinkiris

Did I miss you, if so..kindly send me an email ! thanks :)
Bingo has begun..so no new cards, thanks !

I am still missing a few SENDING lists, PLEASE if you can ..let me know ASAP. I have the SPECIAL ELF list going around...I give to a few people, correct counts, then pass on, so it takes time.

I plan on sending one of my Handmade Angel ornaments to the Bingo winner !

o

Nikkineel, I think your question is going to get buried, so I will answer at least a part of it! It's recommended that you use some kind of padding (bubble wrap, extra paper, etc) around the seeds. Without padding, there's a chance that seeds will get crushed and it does happen, especially with larger seeds. A whole bubble envelope isn't necessary, unless you are mailing that many seeds! The cost is extra if you use padding because the envelope is no longer flexible.

o

Panhandle_Seed_Swap thank you! I got the Loony Tunes Christmas card (my favorite cartoon as a kid) and the lime basil and Tendercrsip celery seeds. Those celery seeds smell especially fresh!

o

Received my first card today from Sheri (Panhandle seed swap) She sent lime basil and clary sage. Thank you so much! :)

o

Darn, missed the Bingo game. Pretty ornament too.

I want to thank Micyrey for the seeds and pretty card which appears handmade. It had marigold seeds inside.

Margo

o

Thank you Sheri! Pan handle Seed Swap for the heirloom lettuce and the zinnia seeds!!
I am going to have a ton of fun sowing these!
Merry Christmas and the card is adorable too!
Kathy

o

Got my first card today from Panhandle_Seed_Swap today!!!! YAY YAY YAY :) Nice Card and it came with Brandywine tomato seeds and nasturtium seeds!! thank you! :) can't wait to try both this spring and my wintersowing project!
~michael

o

Received my first card today as well,...also from Sheri. Moreover, it is our first card this year, period! What a wonderfully delightful surprise! :) The festive card is actually quite Disney-esque, featuring an assortment of endearingly rendered woodland creatures applying decorative ribbons to small Christmas trees surrounding the words "Merry Christmas." As for the seeds,...Sheri gifted me with generous quantities of "Lime Basil" and "Tommy Toe Yellow Tomato". Wow! Both from my wish list!! Holy katz, honestly, I really didn't think anyone would have Tommy Toes! Yet, here they are;...how totally fab is that?! :) - Thank you so much, Sheri! Here's wishing you-n-yours a wonderful holiday season and a very Merry Christmas too!

o

It's amazing to see how many different kinds of seeds one person sends out!!

o

I, too, received my first card today from Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap). Lovely card with Poona Kherra Cucumber. I haven't had the opportunity to grow this variety yet so very excited to try in the 2014 garden. Also, receiving these seeds helps fight the winter blues and freezing temps :) Thank You!

o

Sheri,...I just started a positive "Rate & Review Exchanges" forum thread for you, here:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/raterev/msg1222182930879.html

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 23:09

We're starting to thaw out and actually got mail today.
No delivery Saturday or yesterday.
I got a card with beautiful birds outside the window enjoying the feeders in the snow. Reminds me of what I've been watching outside my window for the past few days.
Panhandle_Seed_Swap (Sheri) sent Tolli's Sweet Italian pepper seeds and a recipe for stuffed zucchini & pepper.
I love to grow pepper and will definitely try the recipe.
Merry Christmas Sheri and thank you for sharing.
Happy Mail Boxing to all.

o

Thanks goes out to Micrey, Michelle, and Sheri panhandle-seed-swap for the cards and seeds. I got carrots and sweet peppers. I really needed those. Thanks!

o

Thanks to Sheri-panhandle_seed_swap for the Roma tomato seed and beautiful card. The card is of the snow covered winter scene. This is what it looks like at my house right now. Thanks
gmom
Sharon

o

I received my first card today from Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap), with a packet of 'Tolli's Sweet Italian' peppers. These look good for pickling! Thanks Sheri!

--WonderWeasel (Jordan)

o

PEPPER SEEDS! Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS Sheri for the Beaver Dam and Georgia Flame seeds. And for my first card!
We moved here 15 years or so ago, and I do remember trying to grow out Beaver Dam peppers. The first year they did very well, and the second not as good. So now I can try again. thanks, dd.

o
help!

I must of erased my address list. Someone please send me the address list so I can get my cards sent out. Thanks, Kim
sportsalibATyahooDOTcom (of course change the AT to@ and the DOT to a .)

o

Got mail yesterday....

Thanks so much Sheri aka Panhandle_Seed_Swap for the beautiful card, a red sleigh full of gifts, and seeds, Cucumber "Homemade Pickles"...a mighty fine selection!

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Annie

o

Many thanks to JayeAnne (pinkiris) for the Cosmos Sea Shells, Dianthus Heart Attack, and Salvia Coral Nymph seeds! They all look like lovely varieties, and helped me think of summer on a day when the temperatures aren't supposed to rise out of the 20's here. Of course, tomorrow's predicted top temp of 16 degrees is even worse. Brrr!

o

Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 16:18

Many thanks to Dem_Pa. Don, for the pretty candy cane card and many, many thanks for the rue seeds, all of mine died away again, and for the bronze fennel seeds. The Black Swallowtail cats will love this, Don, Thank you!
Shirley!

o

Today, I received a lovely card of a vintage style stocking from Donald(dem_pa)

He was generous and sent me wonderberry, borage, hardy hibiscus(pink, red, white) and luna swirl hardy hibiscus. Looking forward to growing this spring!

Thank you so much!!

o

Slip-sliding down the icy lane this morning, I found 3 cards with seeds! What fun. Thanks so much to Faye/nottougly for the Rose queen cleome and Sensation cosmos. Sheri/Panhandle_Seed_swap sent Tularosa Market melons, a rare heirloom, with history and growing info--can’t wait to try these! And JayeAnne/pinkiris sent Casper Eggplant, Cimmaron Lettuce and Sea Shell cosmos! A great selection--Thanks so much!

Despite the cold, it was wonderful to have a sunny day to warm my unheated greenhouse. The lovely cards and the seeds inside brighten things up and take some of the chill off! Thanks again.
Betsy

o

I rec'd a lovely card from Faye (nottoughly) today with rhubard swiss chard and petite yellow marigolds!! I am so happy with these! Thanks so very much! Melinda

o

Merry Christmas to you Michelle (micy roy) and thank you for the wonderful marigold seeds that you sent me! Also love the Christmas card, my favorite color!
I will be winter sowing these in the next month!
Kathy
katbird

o

Thank you Sheri (Panhandle-seed-Swap) for the Poona
Kheera Cucumber seed. I will be growing these next
year. Merry Christmas.

o

Thank you JayeAnne (pinkiris) for the lovely cardinal card!! They are one of my favorite birds :) and can't wait to grow those seeds, especially the purple coneflower and yarrow :)
thank you
~michael :)

o

Merry Christmas Faye (nottoughly) and thank you so much for the card and cactus zinnia seeds! These cards are making me truly feel the Christmas spirit:)

o

• Posted by cghpnd 7 / N.Virginia (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 20:27

Got my first Christmas card of the season YAY. Thank you for your generous offerings and an awesome card from Donald (dem_pa)

I know the butterflies will LOVE the rue, butterfly weed, Queen annes lace and the globe seeds. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

This post was edited by cghpnd on Thu, Dec 12, 13 at 12:22

o

hello
I got a nice nativity card from faye.
had cosmos seeds in it
thanks I love these golden gems
michelle

o

Thank you Panhandle_seed_Swap for the Tollis Sweet Italian Pepper Seeds. They will be a great addition to the garden next year. Merry Christmas!

o

I got my first card in the mail yesterday.

Thank you pinkiris for the seeds. Sadly, the only packet that made it through the rollers was the balsam seeds. Oddly, the smaller seeds, the two packets of salvia were crushed to dust. I think it was because the balsam were more on the bottom of the card and the rollers went over the top.

For me, It's the thought that counts.., Thank you!

Lisa

o

I received a lovely card from Faye (nottoughly) with White Eupatorium seeds and Purple Dames Rocket seeds from Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap).

Thank you ladies for the beautiful Christmas cards and the seeds.

Shirley

o

I posted this thank you to the wrong thread.

Yahoo. . I got my first card on monday.
A lovely sleigh card from Panhandle_seed_swap with Beaver Dam pepper seeds. . . Thank you so much !
Missy

o

Thank you Sherri (Panhandle_seed_swap) for the Tularosa Market Melon.... Oh dear rare heirloom melons. My mouth was watering reading the description. :)

o

Thank you Jayeanne (pinkiris) for the Salvia Whopper lighthouse, Green Jewel Coneflower, and Little Bluestem Grass. Can't wait to plant them!
Tonya

o

Holly
Mistletoe
Ribbon
Season

o

Went out to the box this morning and what a surprise!!! 3 CARDS! :D And these are my first Christmas cards of the season! :)

Thank you so much to dem_pa for the lovely candy cane card and the AMAZING Crystal White columbine! From the first time I saw this I NEEDED it, lol...and there it was in the first card :D WOOHOO!!! Not only the columbine but also some Peony Poppies and 2 kinds of Morning Glories! I 'planted' two large wagon wheels last year in my side flowerbed and the mg's will be just perfect!! Thank you again Don!!

Thank you to Jayeanne (pinkirirs) for the beautiful and very sparkly snowman card! Love all the red! :) I rec'd Monkey Flower, Red Touch Me Not, Morning Glories and a Sunflower Mix! Thank you so much!! I just used the last of my sunflower seeds last year. And with it so wet here this summer and fall, couldn't harvest any :) Now I'm back on track :D

Many thanks also to Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) for the amazing Sunflower's she sent me as well! Giant Sungold. She said they are the tall teddy bear type...WOOHOO!! Doing the happy dance! And love the Looney Tunes card!

...bursting into....

"It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas..." :D

Have a great day everyone!
vina

o

Thank you so much, Pinkiris, for the echinacea, the yarrow, and the little bluestem grass.

I can't wait to get to wintersowing!

Merry Christmas!
Have a great weekend.

Erika

o

I received three more cards today.

From flowergirl34 a beautiful card with Siberian iris "Shakers Prayer" and Partridge pea seeds. Thanks so much.

From nottougly a beautiful Christmas card with Money plant seeds. Thanks so much.

From pinkiris a snowman card with Chantenay carrot, Coral Nymph salva, Black-eyed Susan rudbeckia, white icicle radish seeds inside. Thanks so much.

o

Received bunny tail grass today from nottougly today! Thanks so much! :)
Tonya

o

Received a cute Santa card from Jayeanne(pinkiris) today! Inside were Casper eggplant and Cimmaron Lettuce. Thank you so much! Can't wait to try these. They sound yummy :)
Merry Christmas Jayeanne!

o

My favorite santas have been very generous today!!!

Mandy, l1oness, sent me Golden acre cabbage; Cornoli Toro Rosso sweet pepper; Plum granny melon and corbaci Turkish sweet peppers

Nottougly sent me rutabaga, yeah!

JayAnne, pinkiris sent Parris islands romaine lettuce; broccoli; and chantenay carrots

Don, dem-pa sent Utah celery; butterflyweed and milkweed

Thank you all so much!!! You have no idea how happy I am to get these wonderful gifts each year!!!!!! Kim

o

I received a lovely seasons greetings card from JayeAnne(pinkiris) today. She sent Verde Tomatillo, Amistad Salvia, and for my 3 year old daughter, Touch Me Nots Balsam. She says her kids love these and enjoy collecting the seeds.

Thanks so much!

o

Hi
I got two cards today...From

Dem-pa.. A very sparkly card with zinnias, salvia, tenn spinning gourd, amaranthus, and hibiscus.

Pinkiris- a snowman card with marigolds, butterfly bush, red salvia, and zinnias.

Thanks bunches
Michelle

o

I got my first card today from Jayeanne (pinkiris). A sweet Santa card with Whopper Lighthouse Salvia, Tango Agastache and Pink Delight Butterfly Bush. I don't have anything like those and I'm excited to grow them! Thank you!

o

Thank you Sheri, Panhandle_Seed_Swap for a lovely card and the Tolli's sweet Italian and Sigaretta de Bergamo peppers. Wow! I love them!

o

I also got a cute card from PinkIris in the mail today. And it contained two packets that are chock full of tomato seeds and sunflower seeds.

Thank you, JayeAnne! It will be fun to plant these and I can't wait to see what kinds of tomatoes I'll get!

A great Christmas to you and Happy Gardening, too...
Susie

o

Thu, Dec 12, 13 at 17:48

kchd (Katie) sent a beautiful unicef card with glitter, berries, holly, pinecones and a bird on the front.
Inside was Chamaecrista fasciculata seeds which is a larval host and/or nectar source for:
Orange Sulphur & (Colias eurytheme) butterflies.
I'm so happy to get these. I'm trying to attract more sulphur butterflies and a bonus is it's a food source for the birds.
Katie, thank you for sharing.

o

Got 3 more cards! wow!

Panhandle_seed_swap - sent me nice Christmas card and Tollie's sweet Italian pepper. I love peppers and this is a new variety for me. Can't wait to try this. Thanks a lot.

Pinkris - sent me nice snowaman card with seeds of green eggplant, Baby's breath white, Lettuce farmer market blend and caballero hot pepper. Love them all can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much

kchd - sent me lovely bird card with seeds of nyagous tomato and straight eight cucumber. Love cucks and toms and grow every year. Thank you so much.

o

I received two cards in the mail today - happy day!

I received a cute card with mittens and seeds of broccoli, basil, and carrots from JayeAnne (pinkiris). Thank you!

From Don (dem_pa), I received a card with a wreath and a bunch of seeds - I was so excited! I received Thai basil, Utah celery, petunia, peony poppy, and beans - several varieties (Anasazi, Kentucky Wonder, Hutterite, Blue Lake Pole, Kidney, Royal Burgundy, and Cherokee Trail of Tears beans). My garden is going to be full of beans this summer!

Thank you both!

Mandy (l1oness)

o

I rec'd my first cards today!!

Don (dem-pa) A beautiful sleigh card with masquerade ornamental pepper, black pearl pepper, hardy hibiscus, and lady Baltimore hardy hibiscus! wow! LOVE them all - thank you so much! Merry Christmas Don!

Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap) A beautiful sleigh card filled with Tolli's sweet Italian Pepper! YUM! Ive never tried these and cant wait to grow these in my garden next year! thank you so much! Merry Christmas Sheri!

Thank you both for sharing your gardens with me =)
Merry Christmas!

This post was edited by pinkiris on Thu, Dec 12, 13 at 20:11

o

I found two cards in my mailbox after work today. Sure
brightens up my night. Thank you JayeAnne (pink iris)
for the green eggplant, zinnia mix, red salvia, and
butterfly bush. My gardens going to look so pretty
next year.
Thank you also to Faye (nottougly) for the snapdragon.
Going to share these with my sister.

o

Got 4 cards today. Just love this swap. From nottougly I received Marketmore cucumbers and black seeded simpson lettuce. We always use these in the garden.

From dem-pa I got petite yellow marigolds, Will Rogers zinnias ( I've grown these before and they are beautiful), Roma tomatoes, banana leg tomatoes (these are gorgious little tomatoes), and peony poppy ( I love any kind of poppy).

pinkiris sent black eyed susans, these just cheer up any space they're planted, navigator melon, and tiki torch coneflower (I will be glad to try these).

flowergirl134 sent siberian blue dianthus and orange blackberry lilly. I love both of these.

All of the cards were lovely. I always display all of the cards I receive in this swap and people are always curious about the seed swap.

Thank you everyone.
Debby

o

Thanks to three wonderful individuals I also received three cards from the swap. Here is the seeds I received:

From dem-pa: heliopsis, salvia, nicotiana and obedient plant inside of Santa claus Christmas card. Thanks so much Donald, these was some seeds I was wishing for.

From Sheri, (Panhandle-Seed-Swap): Scarlet Flax seeds which I was wishing for, too and they were packed inside a card with beautiful cardinals on the front. Thanks fo much Sheri.

From pinkiris (JayeAnne); three varities of salvia, one being red which I never had before. I love salvia as it smells so spicey in my flower garden when I am weeding near it. Thanks fo much JayeAnne.

I am hoping to begin a new flower bed next spring with the seeds I have from the seed swap so thanks again to each person.

o
3 thanks!

Three big thanks today! I hope I didn't get my seeds mixed up in the excitement of opening cards :) I got cheerful Santa cards from pinkiris and foreverrecyclereuse and a mantle scene from nottougly.

Seeds rec'd:
from ForeverReuseRecycle, mustard spinach and Safir cutting celery, neither of which I have.
from nottougly, vates collards and marigold lemondrop. I planted just about all my lemondrops this year and needed some fresh seeds. And collards are my favorite to freeze and eat all winter.
from pinkiris, mixed color zinnias, broccoli, tatsoi, sunflower mix, and butterfly bush! I cannot get enough greens, and I have a whole new bed to fill up with butterfly-friendly flowers next year, so this was a perfect mix.

Thanks everyone!

o

this is so much fun! I got three cards today:
Jayeanne (pinkiris) send lemon drop pepper, orange habanero chili pepper, and cayenne pepper seeds. Can't wait to grow and eat these!
Donald (dempa) sent Will rogers, peter pepper, dill, and English tall lavender.
Vina (flowergirl134) sent blue balloon flower seeds.
I have a garden right here in these cards!!!! I'm so excited!
Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!!!!

o

Postman delivered 3 cards today

A snowman card from Dem_pa with feverfew, borage and 4 other herbs I didn't have. :-)

A cute Santa card from Pinkiris with two kinds of coneflower I didn't have. :-)

An adorable snowman/teddybear card from Flowergirl34 with Allium Hair and Dbl feverfew :-)

Thank you to all of you. I am so excited, My fireplace mantle is filling up with cards. . . I love Christmas/Yule cards.

o

I got my first card today. It was from pink iris and contained fuchsia colored 4 o'clocks and zinnias. I love any and all zinnias as they're so easy to grow just about anywhere and make nice cut flowers. Thanks so much, and Merry Christmas!

o

The garden Santas have been very kind. I must have been very good.

A very special thanks to dem pa. Not only did he gift me with plume Colossians, Orange butterfly weed, Blue / white balloon flowers, Translvania salvia. Petunias. And lady Baltimore hibiscus. Don also adopted me last minute from the milkweed newbie list and included those seeds as well.

Pink iris. Thank you so much for the 4 varieties of salvia including Wendy's wish, whooper lighthouse, and coral nymph. I couldn't be happier

Flowergurl134, thanks for the giant blue sea holly and blue balloon flowers. I had never heard of sea holly and I literally squealed in delight when I looked up the description The husband thought I was crazy.

And panhandle seed swap, I received drop dead red sunflowers. How absolutely gorgeous they look. I've never tried them and they are perfect. Thank you much.

o

Thank you and Merry Christmas Pinkiris!!
I received your beautiful card with three packets of seeds in it and am so excited to get them sowed!!
Hosta
Butterfly Bush (really excited for!!)
and red orange marigolds!!
Love them all!!
Katbird

o

I rec'd 2 wonderful cards yesterday!
Dem-pa- a beautiful glittery card with seeds for common milkweed, butterfly weed, will rogers zinnia
, and brassica! I love them all! Thanks so much Don!

kchd- another beautiful card with prairie blazing star and monarda citriodora! I am going to love these in the garden! Thanks so very much Katie!

o

I was so excited to see my mailman today :-) I think this is the only time of year I can say that, hahahaha.

And he brought me such delight with 2 cards!

Pinkiris sent me a beautiful card of a snowy church, very pretty! And inside, Poppy Frosted Salmon. THANK YOU!!

I also rec'd what I think is the CUTEST card from Lorabell. She made these especially for this swap! The outside says "Secret Santa Seed Exchange" with adorable seeds and packets all over it...so CUTE! The inside poem is adorable (and so appropriate!):
"Dear Santa,
Don't bring me candy
or hang mistletoe,
just stuff my stocking
with seeds to sow."

SO CUTE!!

And she also made the envie for the seeds. She sent me Black Sunflowers and Yellow/Orange Sunflowers!
THANK YOU!

I'm hanging all my cards in the archway between my living room and dining room. I'll try and get a pic of it :)

Have a super Friday!!
vina

ps, hope more of my cards make to their homes today? I mailed on Monday...wonder what's going on?

o

TWO cards yesterday!
Thanks Faye for the Zinnas and the snowny truck card. I've seen my truck like that!
Thanks Dem Pa for the fennels, sage. and zinnas.
Have a good Friday, dd.

o

I love when the postman runs early.

I got the cutest card from Lorabell with seeds for coneflower, and three hot peppers. .

Thank you

MIssy

o

Many thanks to Katie (kchd) for the Euryops and Zinnia Cherry Profusion--both very cheery little plants. Despite today being a Friday the 13th, my luck is running good!

o

First thank you so much everyone... what a wonderful swap :)

A thanks to pinkiris for the mixed tomato seeds. My son claimed these for his 'beginners' garden next spring. I'm looking forward to sharing time in the garden with him.

RecycleReuse- So close to you! :) Thank you so much for the strawberry spinach and parsnip. I've been wanting to try growing both for so long.

o

Dirtdaddy.... my goodness

I opened up your package (yes it was a package) and was just blown away by your generosity.

so many things that are new and interesting in here I have to list them all

Thai Bird Pepper
Peacework Sweet Pepper
Inca Red Drop Pepper
Bermuda Hot Pepper
White Habanero Pepper
Jimmy Nardello Pepper
Bhut Jolokia Pepper- FINALLY! You made my pepper year!
Purple Beauty Pepper
Hot Wax Pepper
Melrose Pepper
Medusa Hot Pepper
Chimayo Hot Pepper
Aji lache De Cabra Pepper-
NuMex Chile Pepper
Chocolate Mini Bell Pepper
Fish Pepper
Pink Caspian Tomato
Chocolate Cherry Tomato
Black from Tula Tomato
Kumato Tomato
Black Pineapple Tomato
Black Sea Tomato
Cherokee Purple Tomato
Cherokee Chocolate Tomato
Black Mystery Tomato
Sara Black Tomato - Thank for the name :)
Manitoba Tomato
Seek No further Apple Tomato
Salsify
Chickory

Whew.

o

I am so far behind, I didn't know the games had started....oh well anyway, I wanted to thank:
dem_pa and pinkiris for the seeds.
dem-pa I appreciate what you sent me so very, very much a BIG, BIG, THANK YOU!!!
pinkiris, thank you so much, I am so happy to have gotten these as well!!!

ok, busy, busy, busy, I will have to come back later tonight and catch up on the thread :)

Hope everyone is having a fabulous time!
:) Aqua

o

PinkIris - thank you for the purple passion vine, the red salvia and the Navigator F-1 Melon seeds!

l1oness - thank you so much for the Mehmet's Turkish Sweet peppers ad the Work Release Paste tomato seeds! I have never heard of either of them and can't wait to grow them next year!

o

Hello
Snowing like crazy here. I also have 2 more cards today.

From vina aka flowergirl. Sent me leprechaun columbine, will winter sow these in a few weeks.

From Jessica aka foreverrecyclereuse I got pink popcorn.

Thanks and let it snow
Michelle

o

Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 15:42

Receiving seeds in the mail is like opening Christmas presents to me ..

I want to give many thanks to Jayeanne(pinkiris) for the Christmas card (2nd of the season) candlestick and passion vine seeds!

Many thanks to Sheri (Panhandle_seeds_swap) for the Lime Basil! Smells so good. And for the card! (3rd card)

Many thanks to Margo (smitties) for the Rue and my 4th Christmas card!

The butterflies and others will really enjoy everything that was sent!
I have new properties to plant all the seeds on for these guys! (And gals)

Thank you!

o

Wow, I found some nice mail! From Lorabell a very
cute Secret Santa Seed Exchange card. Love it! In
the card was 2 kinds of eggplant (I like eggplant) and
anise hyssop. Thank you Lorabell

I also got a cute santa card from Chrystal (cghpnd)
with lots of host seeds for caterpillar's and flowers.
Thanks so much Crystal. These are for my butterfly
garden.

Wow dem_pa donald. Thanks for the beans and flowers,
and host plant seed. I'm going to look thru these tonight.
Thank you so much!!!!!!

o

Found a beautiful homemade card from Laura(Lorabell) in the mail today! She sent Yellow from Parma onion, peppers Joe Parker and Golden Treasure and Anise Hyssop for a blue flower. I love them all :) Thank you very much for sharing with me Lorabell! Merry Christmas!!!!

o

Thanks so much to Donald I received my very first christmas card today with some milkweed and orange milkweed. You starting me out on the flowers lol what better than to attract butterflies.
Thanks so much again it is truly like Christmas to find this baby's in the mail

o

Lorabell! Thank you for the wonderful homemade card & seed envelope. You're a creative genius! I LOVE mild, sweet eggplants with few seeds, so I'm excited to try your sweet green eggplant. Normally, the mild, yummy eggplants are long, but this one is the size of Black Beauty. It sounds like it could be a new favorite of mine! The small, bushy snapdragons recovered from a homestead 50+ years ago sound like a real treasure. I've never grown snapdragons and I really look forward to growing them. Thank you, Laura!!!

o

Today is a wonderful day not only due to my secret santas but my sister had surgery today and she does NOT have what we all feared (the big C).

Thanks goes out to Lorabell for the cute card and wonderful poem along with a giant pack of seeds. I received: edamame, Quinoa Cherry Vanilla; Malibar spinach; Anana D'Amerique melon and purple top turnip.

KCHD/Katie thank you so much for the pretty sparkles as well as the white pow wow coneflower and moon & stars melon. I cannot wait to plant these and give them a try.

Doing the happy dance!!!

o

First, I'd like to say ~ Kim, that is awesome news about your sister! Thanks for sharing . . . it makes me very happy even though we don't know each other.

I'm happy that I got two cards, too.

Thanks go out to Jessica for the two special packs of tomato seeds - both kinds are new for me and I look forward to starting them soon.

And thank you, also, Don for the sparkley card containing petunia seeds, 2 morning glories and 3 different tomato varieties that I can have fun trying here in Florida.

It's so nice to have wishes come true like this!

Susie

o
kchd

Thank you for the beautiful glittery card, and the new variety of mustard greens. And arugula has to be my favorite. Love it fresh, on top of a cooked pizza!

o

A big thank you to Pinkiris! She sent me some coral nymph salvia, butterfly bush, mixed zinnias, and some acorn squash! Thanks so very much, Jayeanne! I will use them all!

o

Thank you!
I'm loving every seed!
micyrey sent me dwarf red coreopsis and golden coreopsis and dames rocket.
L1oness sent me dancing petticoats cosmos and hibiscus!
flowergirl34 sent me Indian Summer rudbeckia. (Ohh, what fun!)
nottoughly sent me pink castor bean seeds. I've never tried these. (If you send any others through the mail be careful, only 3 seeds weren't crushed. USPS gets a bit excited with their machines.)
pinkiiis Thank you so much for red touch me nots, cardinal flowers and salvia! I can't wait to see more red this year. And rudbeckia! Thank you all!
Heidi Xiangirl

o

More cards for me. Very excited!

dirtdaddy, sent me pretty glittery christmas tree card with 11 packs of seeds. Wow! These are - Thai bird pepper, Tomato taxi, tomato valencia, tomato lemon drop, yellow pear, purple top turnip, Pepper, sage, shisho perila, kale spring dwarf and Mesclun spicy mix. Wow! Thank you so much. Can't wait to try them.

flowergirl34, sent me pretty snowflake and butterfly card with Rudbeckia "Indian Summer" seeds. Love it! Thank you so much.

pinkris, sent me pretty santa and deer card with Genovese Basil and Banana pepper. Yum. Can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much.

foreverRecycleReuse (Jessica), sent me pretty santa card with white egg turnip and mustard seeds. Both are new for me and can't wait to try them. Thank you so much.

l1oness (Mandy), sent me lovely santa card with Bishop's crown pepper, Oragano, Basil, tomato yellow pear seeds. Can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much.

Panhandle_seed_swap, sent me Poona Kheera Cucumber. Wow. this is a new variety for me and really looking forward to try it. Thank you so much.

o

Thank you so much Audrey for the beautiful card! and for the wonderful selection of cactus mix, phytolacca american silberstein, ipomoea nil kanolo, and Iris ensata mix. wow! I cant wait to plant these come Spring! Thank you so very much Audrey! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

o

I simply love getting these Secret Santa cards in the mail. I am already thinking of what card design I want to use for next year!

Pinkiris (JayeAnne) -- A snowman card with Purple Tomatillo seeds. Can't wait to try them. Thank You!

Nottougly (Faye) -- A fireplace with stockings hung with care card with Cactus Giant Saguaro and Cactus Mix seeds. Wish me luck in growing cactus in Minnesota :)

Dem-Pa (Don) -- A Christmas Wreath card with lots of seeds! Such generousity -- (6) different kinds of Beans (which were perfectly packaged and not a seed harmed), Wonderberry, Snowberry Tomato, and Alphine Strawberry (so excited to try these).

Thank you -- I truly appreciate all the cards and seeds being shared. This is such an amazing group of people!

o

Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 21:19

Kim/Plant one on me, Good news about your sister!

Jayeanne, Thanks for the Cleome, Coral Nymph Salvia and Whopper Lighthouse Salvia seeds! Love your labels too, how did you do them?

Katie, I, and the Black Swallowtail cats, thank you for the Bronze fennel seeds! BF works better for me than dill, for attracting the BSs, and it's a perennial! And the scent is great too! Thanks!

Shirley!

o

Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 21:19

Receiving seeds in the mail is like opening Christmas presents to me ..

I want to give many thanks to Jayeanne(pinkiris) for the Christmas card (2nd of the season) candlestick and passion vine seeds!

Many thanks to Sheri (Panhandle_seeds_swap) for the Lime Basil! Smells so good. And for the card! (3rd card)

Many thanks to Margo (smitties) for the Rue and my 4th Christmas card!

The butterflies and others will really enjoy everything that was sent!
I have new properties to plant all the seeds on for these guys! (And gals)

Thank you!

o

I danced happily from my mailbox today with cards! Thank you all for being so generous.

I received a cute snow scene card from Jasmine (jas_il) with Petunia, buttercrunch lettuce, and Italian basil. I look forward to making a container with some of those!

I received a cute hand stamped card with lots of snowflakes from Kim (Plant-one-on-me) with mammoth dill and round zucchini - great for yummy pickles and zucchini lasagna in the summer.

I also got that beautiful homemade card from Lorabell. I love that poem! The seed packet was so cute, and I can't wait to try the Black Russian Kale, Corbaci and Golden Treasure Peppers, and the Lime Sorbet and Barlow columbine.

My garden is going to be great in 2014! Thank you all for being so generous - I hope everyone's seeds come through the mail safely!

Mandy

o

Finally getting the chance to sit down and write about these fantastic cards!

From panhandle_seed_swap, I received an adorable card of forest animals decorating trees. If only we had animals like that around here, putting up the tree would be a breeze! Inside were seeds of Lauren's Grape poppies from Botanical Interests (which I'm now browsing - I like this site!). These will fit in great with the colors of poppies I have so far.Thank you, and happy gardening to you too!

Pinkiris sent a card of Santa placing presents under a tree. It read, "Hoping that you are at the top of Santa's list." You're not the only one hoping that! Inside were red poppy seeds and Sunrise Serenade morning glory seeds; these are going to be great next year! Thank you and happy gardening!

A festive holly and Happy Holidays card arrived from dem_pa. Inside were seeds of Will Rodgers zinnia, which I am very much looking forward to the striking red flowers. Also included were seeds of calendula (woo, I've wished for these for two years), horehound, which I wasn't expecting to receive this year, and peony poppies. Thank you and merry Christmas to you!

Thank you for the great cards and gifts!

Jeff

o

Received a pretty sparkly card from Katie today and it contained green milkweed and rattlesnake master. I am excited to see these in my garden next summer.

I also received a cute handmade card from Lorabell that contained several types of jalapeno peppers, a mild pepper shishito, and anise hyssop. I had such a success with a jalapeno pepper plant this year that I am excited to add all these to my garden.

Thanks to both of you. Margo

o

I must apologize to the following people. I posted that I received their cards and listed the seeds the cards contained. I must not have hit the submit after previewing the message because I just looked all over for that post and cannot find it. I can't list the seeds anymore to who gave them to me because they are all now in an envelope titled, Secret Santa swap.

My humble apologies to
Panhandle_seed_swap
Dempa
Vina
pinkiris
nottougly
Mandy

I do know I loved every type of seed I received and am looking forward to gardening in the spring. Margo

o

Wow! Love the seeds I'm receiving.

Pinkivis -- A warm card from her and inside I found green eggplant, hosta, Genovese basil, and butterfly bush. Can't wait to grow all of them and have a butterfly garden. I was surprised with the green eggplant. Look so cute.

l1oness -- A card with lovely penguins singing carols in the snow. Inside it are Blue Spice Basil, Mehmet's Turkish sweet pepper, and Bishop's Crown peppers. I love the basil and I love the peppers. They're just what I wanted.

Lorabell -- A lovely handmade card with a cute poem and Shishito, Corbaci, and Soroksari peppers, Ping Tong Eggplant, and Red Russian Kale.

I've been looking for Shishito for some time. Really glad to receive it. Corbaci and Soroksari are the peppers I didn't know existed. I looked them up, they look so cute. Sweet peppers, I just love them.

Love all the seeds. Thank you all.

o

I received more cards.

From LauraZone5. A beautiful Christmas card with Light purple hollyhock seeds inside. Thanks so much.

From kchd. Another beautiful Christmas card with Ceaser's Brother's Siberian iris seeds inside. Thanks so much.

From cgnpnd. A Santa card with radish, black-seeded Simpson lettuce seeds, and two kinds of tropical and swamp milkweed seeds inside. Thanks for everything.

From Lorabell. A homemade card with lettuce, red Romaine, Black cabbage, Anise hyssop agastache seeds inside. Thanks for everything. It was greatly appreciated.

o

I mailed some cards this past Monday from the post office that some people haven't received yet. I wrote "Nonmachinable" on the envelopes and paid the extra postage, but they haven't arrived yet. Everything else is arriving FAST! Thanks again for all of the wonderful "Thank You" posts. I love reading about everyone's excitement.

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 7:47

o

I went to the mailbox looking for my swallowtail garden package and found two lovely xmas cards instead..

nottougly sent me alyssum seeds, Thank you Faye! I planted these last year or the first time and loved them!!

Dem-pa sent me gomphrena, petunias and sweet sultan seeds.Thanks so much Don. I will be planting all 3 this year.

I have to say that this year, I am a bit envious of the people that are getting lots of cards. It is not for the seed like one would think though. My niece made adorable ball shaped decorations out of last years xmas cards. They are adorable!

I plan on making them out of the cards I get in the swap this year. They will look great hanging in my opening and the smaller cards on my tree,

Anyone interested in them, there is a how to on Marthastewart.com>holidays.

Lisa
Check out the good wish tree too!

My cards flew the coupe, Happy mailboxing!

o

Thank you Sheri/Panhandle_Seed_Swap - loved the cute critter pantheon wreathed among the greens on the card and have some stone walls baking in the sun that will be perfect for the creeping thyme. The fragrance from those seeds really lifted my spirits on this gray, "winter-advisory" day :)

Received another fragrant card with a different, upright kind of thyme - Thymus vulgaris - from JayeAnne/PinkIris, and this is also perfect for a sun-drenched patch over-run by deer. We've been successful so far with some plants in that spot, but need to fill it out a bit. Thank you PinkIris :) ps - also loved the good-humored, glad-to-see-you expression on the snow families faces.

Audrey smuggled a cutting of a scented geranium in her card to me and for two days it's been in a seed-starting medium in a styrofoam cup with a large recycled transparent soft-drink cup inverted over it. It looks great! There's a new, healthy leaf emerging from the 1st node below the top. Well, I love scented geraniums, but just the thrill of trying to outsmart those machine rollers at the post office has its merits too. Audrey also sent seeds of 2 species of globularia to help me outsmart deer & other critters, plus browallia seeds with which I hope to outsmart a monster silver maple hogging the light out back. Thank you Audrey, and for the winter rose carol so poignantly illustrated by a blood-red rose blooming among snow and ice.

Lisa, thank you for that link - looks like fun

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 9:53

I received a delightful card from pinkiris/ Jayeanne on Thursday! Milkweed, tomato, and pumpkin seeds, YUM. I'm especially intrigued by the pumpkin. Can't wait for next years garden. Thanks, darlin'!

I'm out of town til next Tuesday, so I'll revisit then.

Happy Holidays to all!

o

I got the funniest card from cghpnd.

Bulldogs in a chorus line, singing Jingle Bulls.

it included millkweed (swamp and common ) and Jalepino Pepper seeds.

Thank you so much, it made me laugh on this dreary day in GA.

MIssy

o

Five cards in my mailbox yesterday! We were gone all day for out-of-town doctor's appointments, so opening cards and admiring seeds was a pleasant way to end the day.

Thank you, Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap) for the shiny Santa's sleigh card and the cute owl tree ornament along with so many seeds from my wish list: Red Boy bachelor's buttons, Firecracker Penstemon, Sheepnose pimiento, Tolli's Sweet Italian pepper, and Pink Senorita zinnias. Our mail comes through Dallas, and I imagine all the ice last week slowed it down. It's here safe and sound, and I do love all the seeds you sent. Wish we were neighbors too!

Kaite (kchd), what a beautiful sparkly card with a little bird and wreath of pine and holly. I'm delighted with the packet of Senorita zinna seeds too! Thank you so much. And you've made me think of the birds too. I need to fill the feeders!

Don (dem-pa), your cheerful green card with candy canes really looks like Christmas! I'm so happy with the seeds you sent too: rose pink peony poppies, Will Rogers zinnias, and Salvia transylvanica. Thank you!

Thank you, Jayeanne (pinkiris) for the cute reindeer card! Such nice seed choices too: Tango Agastache, Cimarron lettuce, Cherry Brandy rudbeckia, and Mini Red Turban squash. I'll enjoy growing all of these!

Lorabell, I love your card and agree that I just want Santa to bring me "seeds to sow"! I'm delighted to receive seeds for mini Bibb lettuce, anise hyssop, and Sunny Yellow coneflower. I love them all!

o

hi
I got 2 more cards today

from katie( my kittys name) kchd I got mustard greens, we need these for my sons lizzards.

from margo/smitties I got a trio of coriopsis, baby sun, plains and sunray. me and the butterflys say thanks.

michelle

o

Many more thanks!

Jessica, thanks for the turnips and the lemon mint. Our lemon mint didn't make through the hot dry weather .

Pinkiris- thanks soo much for the marigolds and chives, can always use those!

Jas-il,thanks very much for the basil, chives, fennel and curly mustards. I must expand the herb garden!

Finally got all my holiday mail out today! wooooooooo,peace, dd.

o

Lorabell.... thank you so much for the beautiful handmade card! It reads... Dear Santa, dont bring me candy or hang mistletoe just stuff my stocking with seeds to sow..... Just love it! many thanks for the wonderful selection of peppers! wow! hot fish, corbaci, aji yellow and the ornamental black sunflowers! YAY! Please come soon spring! LOL Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas & many blessings for the New Year =)

o

Katie (kchd) sent me a lovely red wreath card and obedient plant seeds. Thank you, I've wanted to try these for a long time! The bees thank you too.

Snowing here again but not sticking as much...like it better that way! Still a week before I mail my cards and I'm getting antsy.

Be safe everyone in the bad weather.

Betsy

o

ishareflowers... I think I found the link you mentioned above. I love the garland idea. I might try that! I posted the link below. You should be getting a card from me, soon. I mailed it on Monday.

Here is a link that might be useful: Martha Stewart Recycled Christmas Cards

o

I received 3 cards today.

First was from Katie/kchd. A lovely red holiday wishes card with lemon bee balm. I love how this smells(we sold it at my work this past summer and I didn't get any) and can't wait to grow it.

I received a nice computer printed card on a shiny silverish paper from Laura(lorbell) Included was Quinoa, cherry vanilla; Anise Hyssop(favorite purple flower for my daughter) and Inca Red Drop hot pepper.

Received a happy holidays card from Margo(Smitties). She sent german chamomile, lemon verbana and california wonder orange bell pepper.

Thanks so much!!

o

Katie/kchd...thank you for the Arizona Sun Gaillardia seed! I love gaillardia and this will be fun to try!
The USPS tried to smash it, but your bubble wrap saved the seeds. Maybe disgruntled elves get to stomp on mail in some districts! Sometimes I wonder! They arrived safe, though! What a lovely card with a wreath and yellow bird.
Heidi

o
smitties

Wow I love reading all the messages but can't keep up! I do want to thank Smitties for the pretty silver snowflake card, and the Will Rogers zinnia seeds. These will be gorgeous!

o
bingo

Silver bells
ornaments
icicles
Jack in the box

o

Lorabell, thank you for the cute card and anise hyssop I received today. All the bees will love it!
Tonya

o

I also got the cutest card from Lorabell with the cute poem. Thanks so much for ALL of the seeds. Sarah Kate confiscated the card so I can't put my hands on them to list the seeds but I will as soon as she gives it back lol. There was even a separate packet for the seeds. It was obvious you put a lot of heart into this swap. Merry Christmas to you!!!

o

I would like to say "Thank You" to the following. Santa has been so nice to me this year.
Pinkiris sent Ginger Bread House card with Lettuce & Cosmos-Sea Shells.
Nottougly sent Potted Poinsetta card with White Coneflower seeds.
Dem-pa sent Holiday Sleigh card with Roma Tomato, Black Pearl & Masqurade Oranmental and Black Holly Hock. Thanks to everybody & Merry Christmas.
gmom
Sharon

o

Thank You Jayeanne (pinkiris) for the Christmas card and Thyme and 'Heart Attack' Dianthus seeds. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Shirley

o

Thank you Jessica, ForeverRecycleReuse, for the purple top white glove turnips and graveyard cantaloupe. I cannot wait to try these this year. Kim

o

Squealing with joy when receiving the envelopes from:

Don (dem_pa) -- he sent a warm Christmas card with baby Jesus. In the package there are many beans, some are even heirloom: Anasazi, Blue Lake, Cherokee Trail of Tears, Kentucky Wonder, and Royal Burgundy. Yummy! Anasazi is cute bean with red and white colors. Love them all.

He also sent me black pearl and masquerade peppers. Love all the beans and peppers. Thank you, Don!

Katie (kchd) -- She sent me a beautiful glitter card with lots of Florida Broadleaf mustard. Nutritious. I love it. My family will all be healthier next year. Thank you, Katie!

o

I received two more cards in the past two days; one from Jayeanne (pinkiris), who sent me 'Lemon Drop' and 'Lydia Paprika' pepper seeds, and one from David (DirtDaddy), who sent me 'Inca Red Drop', 'Mavi Purple', 'Datil', 'Thai Bird', 'Purple Jalapeno', and 'Jimmy Nardello' pepper seeds, as well as 'Caveman's Club' gourd, curry plant, and 'Black Krim' tomato seeds. In addition to all of that, he also sent a very nice Christmas tree ornament. Thank you both so much! It's reassuring to know there are still people who enjoy taking a little of their time to not only think about, but also do something nice for a complete stranger.

--Jordan

p.s. To my fellow Kansan David, Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

This post was edited by WonderWeasel on Sun, Dec 15, 13 at 5:12

o

I have been gone for a few days and I am embarrassed to say that I left a couple of cards at my neighbor's who collected my mail. As soon as I pick them up I will post about them.

Yesterday I received a beautiful card from Vina flowergirl34 with a photograph of her own gorgeous Iris's. Stunning! She included seeds for Partridge Pea. Thank you Vina!
Alana

o

Just opened my mail from yesterday......

I received mail from two lovely elves, Jayeanne and Lorabell....so much FUN!!.

Jayeanne (pinkiris) sent a very pretty Merry Christmas card with happy gardening wishes. And yes, there were seeds....
*Moonflower
*Pepper Chil Early Jalapeno
*Rainbow Blend Coleus
*Snapdragon Tall Maximum Blend
*Snapdragon Cinderella Mix
Fantastic selection Jayeanne! Thank you so very much! Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

And then there is Lorabell.....I love your card!!!! And your little poem about stuffing the stocking with seeds to sow...darling! And the special envelope you put the seeds in....which says, "May Christmas Be EverGreen In Your Hearts".......Did you make these?????? And then there were seeds.......
*Moonflowers
*Bell Pepper Sweet Melrose
*Jalapeno Garden Salsa
*and Lorabells favorite flower, Anise Hyssop Agastache
Lorabell, what a delight! Thank you so much! Merry Christmas!

I so enjoy reading everyones happy and spirited comments!! So much JOY is in the air. Thanks always to Santa Kym!!!!

Happy Sunday! Merry Christmas to all!!!

Annie

o

Geez I'm already getting them mixed up.

I got three new cards this week, smitties who sent me pickling cucumbers, dem_pa who sent me an assorted of a bunch of cool beans and some flowers, and Pan_Handle_Seed swap who sent me flowers and White Christmas Lima beans!

Thanks very much for all of the cards and seeds. This is a not too great holiday season for me, and the cards sure do help to brighten it up some!

o

Hi everyone. I have sooo much catching up to do. I received my first cards in the mail on Friday and have several people to thank.

Thank you Lorabell for the cute card and ping tong eggplant, sweet cayenne pepper, melrose pepper, and chimayo pepper seeds. I am going to have to look these up as I have never heard of any of them. Thank you!

Thank you Sheri (Panhandle-Seed-Swap) for the pretty card and tularosa market melon seeds. It sounds like a fantastic cantaloupe and I can't wait to try it next year!

Thank you Jayeanne (pinkiris) for the cute snowman card and chantenay carrot, green eggplant, white icicle radish, and mixed tomato seeds! I can plant the carrots and radishes in the next couple weeks to harvest in Jan-march! Thank you!

Thank you Mandy (l1oness) for the cute sleigh and present card with crimson sweet watermelon, zolotoy tomato, and cherry belle radish seeds. I have never heard of zolotoy tomato before, will have to look that one up. Thank you!

Thank you Don (dem_pa)! What a package! An adorable card with lots of goodies inside. Black beauty eggplant, muncher burpless cucumber, pepino muncher cucumber, hutterite bush bean, royal burgundy bean, blue lake pole bean, champion collards, Cherokee trail of tears bean, Kentucky wonder pole beans, Anasazi bean (they look really neat), kidney beans, Gerry's round Dutch cabbage, and Long Island Brussels sprout seeds! Thank you so much! I will be starting some of the greens here in a week or two!

I appreciate everyone's generosity! I was supposed to mail my seeds out yesterday, but my aunts house got damaged in a fire, so I am behind on getting my seeds together. I am hoping to have them in the mail tomorrow. Thanks again everyone!

Dawn

o

sending
Reindeer
North Pole
Fruitcake

o

I received several more cards.

From Panhandle_seed_swap. A winter scene Christmas card with white icicle radish seeds in it.

From smitties. A Black-capped chickadee Christmas card with carrot Parisienne seeds in it.

From jas_il. An old-fashioned sleigh horse winter scene Christmas card with lettuce butter crunch, Amaranthus red edible, petunia- rainmaster white, and rudbeckia- yellow bloom seeds in it.

Thanks so much to all of you.

o

nottougly thanks for the beautiful card and the money plant seed love to have them in dried arrangements

lorabell your hand made card is beautiful andi cannot wait to try the black paul robeson tomato and sunflowers and zinnias are always a winner with me

pink iris the zinnias, sparkler cleome and neon sedum make me wish for spring so I can get busy planting

o

DEM-PA You were so generous! Thanks so much for adopting me. I will enjoy the butterflies enjoying the milkweed and the zinnias,Hibiscus,petunias,roma tomatoes and basil seed are much appreciated.
Merry Christmas Don to you and yours!!

o

Praise Be! After a whole freakin' frigid week, most of the snow and (more importantly) ice is largely gone from `round these here parts! Thank God we have a 4X4 or we wouldn't have been able to go anywhere at all. Even so, it's been kinda dicey at times,...especially around Elly's mom's neck o' th' woods, since we've been going out there (just Elly, lately) to feed-n-water the geese and cats. See, El's sister, who co-habits with Mom and ordinarily takes care of her, etc., went and (actually, rather stupidly) sprained her ankle,...twice, same ankle. Bottom line: Life is seldom dull around here these daze. ...I miss dull... --sigh-- :)

Aaaaanyway,...more importantly,...

Over The past 4 days I have received a number of wonderful cards-n-seeds I simply must acknowledge before packin'-it-off to bed...

From nottougly: A kewl Santa-down-the-chimbley card with a whole buncha "Pink
Columbine" seeds. Rippin' fab! You know I have kinduva thing for Columbine, right?! Thank you so much! :)

From pinkiris: An extremely festive, snowy card featuring Cardinal birds, filled with a grand, gourmet assortment of red lettuce seeds (from my wish list). Love it, love it, LOVE it! Can't wait to grow those bad boys (aaand, ultimately, eat`em, of course)! ;)

From kchd: A bright, shiny gold-n-red "Holiday Wishes" card with eggplant, "Black Beauty", Okra, "Clemson Spineless" and "Tabasco Pepper" seeds. Great stuff fer shur;...oh boy, Tabasco! - Thank you so very much, Katie, and for your special, personal note! :)

From dem_pa: Love that snowman card, bud! Thanks so much, and even more for the "Anaheim Chili Pepper", "Peony Poppy", and "Thai Hot" pepper seeds! "Peppers-n-poppies",...hmmm,...y'know, that could've been a great name for a `60's or early `70's folk group or rock band, LOL! Thanks bunches for your festive generosity, Don! :)

From ForeverRecycleReuse: A really cute Santa-and-pup-dog card (where each has a gift for the other), stuffed with hot pepper seeds;..."Red Hot Hawaiian" and "Aji Cristal", neither of which have I ever tried before. I am totally
thrilled
with these!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

o

Thank you Judy (jhgarden9) for the 2 shades of pink
cosmo's (I can picture them in my garden now), white
eggplant and cucumber…Merry Christmas

o

Mon, Dec 16, 13 at 13:01

More cards over the weekend.

Jayeanne (pinkiris) sent a very pretty snowman card with
Caballero hot pepper seeds

Lorabell sent two of her favorite pepper seeds and how she uses them. And her awesome homemade card and envelope. Loved it !!!
Inca Red Drop pepper seeds
Rain Tree pepper seeds

Can't wait to try them.
Thank you ladies so much for sharing.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas

o

4 more cards today.

From roper2008 a chickadee on a branch of red berries Christmas card. Inside the card, triple yellow datura, cosmos redcrest, cimmaron lettuce, and Cincinati market radish seeds.

From l1oness, a twinkle, twinkle Christmas card. Inside the card were seeds for lettuce blend, Siberian iris, portulaca, Angel's trumpet datura.

From ForeverRecycleReuse, a Santa Christmas card. Inside were seeds for Ruby Queen beets and Danver carrots.

From ruthz, a winter scene with horses and church Christmas card. Inside the card were seeds for cosmos "Solar Flare", cosmos white, and lettuce.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your seeds. They are all appreciated.

o

I have to give a huge thank you to these wonderful people!

Lorabell sent 6 different peppers: Puya, Chocolate Habanero Red Fatali, Pritamin, Calabrese and Thai Long Sweet. These are an amazing addition to the peppers that I grow every year - we grow over 200 varieties and surprisingly,, don't have these yet! Absolutely can't wait, thank you!!!

Plant-one-on-me sent Harden's Miniature tomato (freaking awesome - have never heard of it before and I LOVE tomatoes!) and Jordan pumpkins for our short season here in Michigan. She also sent me something I have been looking for, for a long time. GLASS GEM CORN! The kernels were so beautiful, absolutely stunning. I literally had to call my husband to tell him about it. Thank you SO much!!!

o

Two more cards for me: So glad to get these cards and seeds in the mail.

foreverRecycleReuse - sent me nice santa with puppy card with Cucumber North Carolina and Eggplant seeds. Love eggplant and cucumber and grow them every year. Can't wait to try these. Thanks a lot

Smitties (margo), sent me pretty pinocue nose snowman card with Cucumber beit alpha seeds. I love cucumbers and it is new for me so can't wait for spring to try it. Thanks a lot.

o

Hi all,

I'm behind again. I've got 2 days worth of cards to list.

From foreverrecyclereuse I received round cantaulope,Broccoli and Grand Rapids lettuce.

jas.il sent poppies, chives and Buttercrunch lettuce.

Panhandle_seed_swap sent a huge package of foxgloves, I would love to plant each one of them. Tularosa Market melon.

Dirt Daddy sent a mother lode. There's moneymaker tomato, White lisbon onion, marigold mix, lettuce mix, Super beefsteak tomato, evergreen long white bunching onion, gourmet blend lettuce, bibb lettuce, Aunt Gertie's gold tomato, German Johnson tomato, Abe Lincoln tomato, and Rutgers tomato.

Nikkineel sent a wonderful card with a snowman. I received Castor beans, echinacea cheyenne spirit, Cannibals tomato and zinnia swirls.

jhgarden9 sent marigolds, Korean melon, and cucumbers.

smitties sent sea holly and sombrero echinacia.

and last but not least, roper 2008 sent red barn tomato, pink poppy and red and yellow speckled marigold.

All I can say is WOW. To each and every one, thank you very much.

Debby

o

Thank you to sji1981 for the chives, yellow pear tomatoes, and the buttercrunch lettuce!

Thank you to ForeverRecycleReuse for the Grand Rapids lettuce and the Jack-O-Lantern pumpkins!

Roper2008 sent a HUGE package with loads of seeds that I appreciate greatly! She included: Country Gentleman, Cherokee White Eagle, and Silver Queen corn, Bushel,Luffa and Snake gourds, Ananas D'Amerique A Chair Verte melons, Romano Pole Beans, Big Beef Hybrid tomatoes, Coreopsis 'Majogany Midget', and Legacy peppers! WOW! Thank you very much! These are all going to be an excellent addition to the garden next year!

It is so fun to open all of these cards!

o

I received 2 cards today!
Got a cute handmade snowflake card from nikkineel and Sarah Kate :) Inside were Sweet Pea Rosea and Corkscrew vine seeds. Love them both very much, Thank you!
Also an adorable Joy to the World card from Sharon(gmom2-6boys). Inside were seeds for Brandywine tomato and French Lavender. Thank you so much. Merry Christmas to you both and thank you for sharing with me :)

o

I received a sweet card depicting children playing in the snow with white Zinnia seeds inside from someone. The postmark is Ohio, but the card is not signed and there is no return address. White Zinnias are my favorites so thank you! Please identify yourself, lol.

I also received a National Wildlife Federation card from ruthz with more great seeds; Asarina erubescens and Purple Majesty Millet. Thank you Ruth! I love them both.

And from Jayeanne I have a pretty wreath card with a colorful commercial packet of Pinwheel Zinnias. I love these bright and cheerful Zinnias and they will definitely be sown. Thank you!
Alana

o

Another card found its way to my mailbox today!

Thank you Sharon/gmom2-6boys for the gourmet lettuce mix. I will be eating good this spring. Kim

o

I received more cards today. It's so fun checking the mail this time of the year!

I received a wreath card with Spanish lavender, basil, and sweet cherry pepper seeds from Judy (jhgarden9). Thank you! I look forward to trying those peppers!

From Jessica (foreverrecyclereuse), I received a cute Santa card with a puppy. So sweet! Inside were danvers carrots, National pickling cucumber, and malabar spinach - I tried the spinach last year, but hadn't gotten any seed for this year. Thank you!

Linda (Roper2008) sent me a pretty cardinal card with snow and lights. Inside I found cimmaron lettuce, suyo long cucumber, rooster spur hot pepper, and tumbling tom yellow tomato - thank you! I tried to grow tumbling tom last year but my seeds never germinated, I'm looking forward to having it in a planter this year.

Thank you,
Mandy (l1oness)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here